PDA

View Full Version : Top Freshman and sophmores this year

J-Hype
02-08-2008, 10:42 PM
trying to get real names in my ncaa football but i dont wanna do it for every single player that would just be a pain in the a$$ so who are some top people in the ncaa that i should put up so far these are the people i got name postion and school would be sweet

Tim Teabow
Joe Mcknight or whatever that running back from USC
Ryan Mallet
Crabtree from texas tech
jimmy Clausen
noel devine

jnew76
02-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Probably not the right forum for this post but please don't leave off Jeremy Maclin #9 WR Missouri Tigers

J-Hype
02-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Probably not the right forum for this post but please don't leave off Jeremy Maclin #9 WR Missouri Tigers

thanks i wont

NMUBurner22
02-08-2008, 10:55 PM
trying to get real names in my ncaa football but i dont wanna do it for every single player that would just be a pain in the a$$ so who are some top people in the ncaa that i should put up so far these are the people i got name postion and school would be sweet

Tim Teabow
Ryan Mallet
Crabtree from texas tech
jimmy Clausen
noel devine

Their are places on the net where you send in your memory card..or by someway online where you can get all the names...google it.

mqtirishfan
02-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Knowshon Moreno, HB, Georgia
Percy Harvin, Everything, Florida
Everson Griffen, DE, USC

J-Hype
02-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Their are places on the net where you send in your memory card..or by someway online where you can get all the names...google it.

yeah but i dont wanna pay for that plus i dont have a credit card

jared
02-08-2008, 11:34 PM
What system are you running it on? For PS3 it's pretty simple, just need a computer thumb drive and somebody who has the roster file (i think i still have it somewhere on my comp).

J-Hype
02-08-2008, 11:42 PM
What system are you running it on? For PS3 it's pretty simple, just need a computer thumb drive and somebody who has the roster file (i think i still have it somewhere on my comp).

i got a 360

GDWTheSickness
02-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Joe mcknight
knowshon moreno
jake locker
everson griffin

J-Hype
02-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Joe mcknight
knowshon moreno
jake locker
everson griffin

who the hell do they [lay for and where at

Patriots16-0
02-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Joe McKnight, RB, USC
Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia
Percy Harvin, Chuck Norris/WR, Florida
Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia
Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

Oh, I did a roster with only Recruit/Fr/So/Jr to my NCAA Football 07 (PSP)... Look out the QBs:

Tim Tebow (2008 jr) Florida ovr 97
Chase Holbrook (2008 sr) New Mexico State ovr 97
Chase Daniel (2008 sr) Missouri ovr 96
Hunter Cantwell (2008 sr) Louisville ovr 94
Matt Stafford (2008 jr) Georgia ovr 94
Jake Locker (2008 so) Washington ovr 93
Terelle Pryor (2008 fr) Ohio State ovr 86

sportsnerd23
02-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Mallet hasn't proven anything to me yet. I love McNight and Teabow in college football.

Jonny
02-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Kenny Britt #88 WR Rutgers
Shady McCoy RB Pitt
George Selvie DE USF
Noel Devine RB WVU

SaintsFanForLife
02-09-2008, 10:08 AM
I have to say McKnight.

AllanO444
02-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Eric Berry!

Patriots16-0
02-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Can I say juniors?

ironman4579
02-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Guys, this shouldn't be in the NFL draft forum. Post it in the College forum, or possibly the off topic forum.

etk
02-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Mallet hasn't proven anything to me yet. I love McNight and Teabow in college football.

Mallett won't be in the game if he sits out for a transfer year.

AkiliSmith
02-09-2008, 12:13 PM
DE Craig Heyward for the Buckeyes is pretty good.

BroadwayJoe10
02-09-2008, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Julio Jones WR (Alabama) see some serious playing time and my absolute favorite player coming in is Daquan Bowers DE. I really don't know anything about clemson's defense so i can't speak about if he'll see significant playing time, but he's a player.

A couple of guys who i'm gonna keep my eye on for future NTs are Omar Hunter DT (florida) and Marcus Forston DT (Miami). I havn't seen any of these guys play besides some highlight clips so i can't say anything else besides they have good size coming out of highschool and are 5 star players, i'm sure there are some other people on here who can shed some light on them.

badgerbacker
02-09-2008, 03:35 PM

Tim Teabow
Ryan Mallet
Crabtree from texas tech
jimmy Clausen
noel devineIf you want their real names, I'd probably use Tebow instead of Teabow and Ryan Mallett instead of Mallet.

etk
02-09-2008, 05:40 PM
A couple of guys who i'm gonna keep my eye on for future NTs are Omar Hunter DT (florida) and Marcus Forston DT (Miami). I havn't seen any of these guys play besides some highlight clips so i can't say anything else besides they have good size coming out of highschool and are 5 star players, i'm sure there are some other people on here who can shed some light on them.

Hunter=NT
Forston=3 tech UT

Arthur Brown is gonna be an absolute beast for years in Coach Young's system. I think he's the best draft prospect in this class, with maybe Darrell Scott or PJ in 2nd.

schmiddog
02-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Anyone else still pretty sure Tebow isn't an NFL QB? Or at least not a top 10, franchise type of guy?

OhioState
02-10-2008, 01:59 PM
DE Craig Heyward for the Buckeyes is pretty good.

that's Cameron Heyward DE #97

M.O.T.H.
02-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Captain Munnerlyn and Emanuel Cook both suck in this game. Cant wait until next year...they'll both be in the 90's.

If you're wondering...

Munnerlyn is CB #1
Cook is SS #21

For the Gamecocks

edit...another stud SO., was Eric Norwood his # is 85 in the game. In real life he wears #40.

etk
02-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Anyone else still pretty sure Tebow isn't an NFL QB? Or at least not a top 10, franchise type of guy?

100% sure!

Captain Munnerlyn and Emanuel Cook both suck in this game. Cant wait until next year...they'll both be in the 90's.

If you're wondering...

Munnerlyn is CB #1
Cook is SS #21

For the Gamecocks

edit...another stud SO., was Eric Norwood his # is 85 in the game. In real life he wears #40.

Ahh no wonder I got so confused when I was trying to name Norwood. The height/weight matched up but I knew the number was off.

J-Hype
02-15-2008, 01:35 AM
thanks for all the help in almost done editing everyone

bdlyons26
02-18-2008, 10:15 PM
sam bradford from ou i thought of him as probably the 3rd best player in the nation behind tebow and crabtree ( bradford let the nation in passing efficieny and completion percentage last year) he completed over 70 percent of his passes.

BamaFalcon59
02-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Tyrod Taylor, QB (Quarterback) Virginia Tech.

LonghornsLegend
02-20-2008, 02:11 PM
for texas you gotta name sergio kindle, #2 olb, he is going to be a complete BEAST when he goes pro...

etk
02-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Tyrod Taylor, QB (Quarterback) Virginia Tech.

Allen Bailey, Adewale Ojomo, Marcus Forston, Micanor Regis.

And Arthur Brown for good measure.

Bye bye Tyrod :)

for texas you gotta name sergio kindle, #2 olb, he is going to be a complete BEAST when he goes pro...

I agree...but isn't Sergio a Junior...or is he a rSo?

Don Vito
02-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Here are a few guys from BC and Ole Miss who are freshman and sophmores right now and have a great deal of potential and have already showed it on the field. These two teams don't get very much press but a few of these guys have huge potential.

Boston College

Mark Herzlich LB #94 6-4 240 (True Sophmore)
-Herzy is probably up to 250 now and anyone who watches ACC football knows he can play. He played mostly SLB for us but played some WLB and MLB. He is an incredible athlete for he size and is one hell of a football player. With Toal and Raji back next year, Herzy will help anchor a defense that could be one of the nations best.

Anthony Castonzo OT #74 6-7 260 (True Freshman)
Castonzo was very impressive as a freshman, he has a bright future. He started every game this season at only 260 pounds and could have been the most consistent OL we had this year, once he puts some weight on he could be a top prospect. He is also extremely smart. Castonzo is one of the most athletic lineman I've seen in a while, and was the first Boston College OL to start as a true freshman since 1997. D'Brickashaw Ferguson type of scenario. Was first team Freshman All-ACC and first team Academic All-ACC.

Rich Gunnell WR #18 6-1 200 (RS Sophmore)
Gunnell came on strong late last season and is probably the best overall athlete in the BC receiving corps. His hands were a question mark his question mark his freshman year but he became Matt Ryans go to guy aside form RB Andre Callender (Callender had 76 catches for 720 yards to go with 990 rushing yards and 14 total TDs). Gunnel put together one of the best seasons I have ever seen from a BC wideout with 64 catches for 931 yards and 7 TDs. If he can eliminate a few drops he will be a big time prospect.

BC HONORABLE MENTION
-DeLeon Gause CB #9 5-10 190 (True Freshman)
-Austin Giles DE/O-Line #52 6-3 295 (RS Sophmore)
-Alex Albright DE/OLB #98 6-5 245 (True Sophmore)

Ole Miss (a lot of these guys are listed at multiple positions, they were moved around a lot under Oregeron)

Greg Hardy RE #86 6-5 255 (True Sophmore)
Hardy might be the best player you've never seen play in the NCAA. He is one half of what could be the best DE tandem in the SEC or the entire nation. George Selive got a ton of hype last season, I'll take Hardy anyday. Hardy led the SEC in sacks and TFLs despite missing 2 games and having a pretty bad secondary behind him. Hardy starts at RE but also lined up at WR a few times and caught 2 TDs last season. He is an absolute freak who projects to a ton of schemes and positions. He has lined up at LE, RE, OLB, DT, WR, and TE in his 2 seasons at Ole Miss. He will be a top 3-4 OLB prospect but I also think he could play DE in the 4-3 or the tampa 2. He measured in at 6-5 255 during the pro day we had here after his freshman season and may need to put some weight on but I think he is fine. His defining moment this year was when an Alabama player said Ole Miss' pass rush is nothing to worry about in an interview. That game Hardy went up against Alabama's own top prospect, LT Andre Smith and Hardy dominated him as well as their RT. He finished with 13 tackles (6 TFL), 3 sacks, 2 FF, 1 FR, and 2 deflections. No lie, I think he has top 5 potential. Hopefully he stays healthy and keeps out of trouble.

Marcus Tillman LE #92 6-4 275 (True Sophmore)
Tillman is another very underrated player who has been excellent in his 2 first seasons with the Rebels. Tillman has played some DT due to injuries and done a good job there too. He is a great run stuffer and solid pass rusher who could project to multiple schemes, it just depends what Nutt has him do. If he puts on more weight I think he could play DE in a 3-4, but I think he is good where he is now. He could be a 4-3 LE or possibly even a LB in the 3-4 (Mike Vrabel type-not just a pass rusher). If the Rebels put together a good year and get some press, Hardy and Tillman should both be seen as top prospects (they are in my opinion).

Dexter McCluster WR #22 5-9 170 (True Sophmore)
McCluster is not big and he will not drop any scouts jaw's with his speed. That is enough to make a lot of people look past him. But he does things a man of his size should not be able to do. Here is one example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew5OIwf_Its. McCluster has the best hands on the team, is incredibly quick, has great game speed, is a very good returner, and will lay out a 225 pound safety as you just saw. I think he can be a very good slot receiver and returner in the NFL.

Chris Strong DL/LB#53 6-3 250 (True Freshman)
Just when I thought Ed Orgeron was going to pull his classic sign-and-sabotage (sign a top recruit then ruin his career ala Brent Schaeffer) by beefing Chris Strong up to 290 pounds and playing him at LB, then telling him to gain more weight and play DT, Houston Nutt came to town. Nutt has Strong down to the 240's now and is going to have Strong play at his natural position at his normal weight. He started a few games this season as a freshman and didn't do much, but keep in mind he weighed 50 pounds more than he should and played every position in the front 7. Strong is an intriguing player who I can't wait to see take the field this year.

OLE MISS HONORABLE MENTION
-Jevan Snead QB #4 6-3 220 (RS Sophmore)
-Rishaw Johnson OL #75 6-4 320 (True Freshman)
-Allen Walker SS/LB #9 6-1 210 (RS Sophmore)
-Johnny Brown FS/CB #20 6-0 195 (True Freshman)

etk
02-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Here are a few guys from BC and Ole Miss who are freshman and sophmores right now and have a great deal of potential and have already showed it on the field. These two teams don't get very much press but a few of these guys have huge potential.

Boston College

Mark Herzlich LB #94 6-4 240 (True Sophmore)
-Herzy is probably up to 250 now and anyone who watches ACC football knows he can play.

haha he's by far the most recognizable player for me there on that list. His name is always being called on TV.

BamaFalcon59
02-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Allen Bailey, Adewale Ojomo, Marcus Forston, Micanor Regis.

And Arthur Brown for good measure.

Bye bye Tyrod :)

I agree...but isn't Sergio a Junior...or is he a rSo?

But our defense will still be better :O :P

Oh, and Tyrod Taylor plus Ryan Williams = ACC Domination

The OL should be much better as well.

etk
02-20-2008, 06:17 PM
But our defense will still be better :O :P

Oh, and Tyrod Taylor plus Ryan Williams = ACC Domination

The OL should be much better as well.

Did you not lose your entire defense except for Macho Harris?

Does Miami not have the best defensive recruiting class in the nation?

Miami = NCAA domination :O :P

BamaFalcon59
02-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Did you not lose your entire defense except for Macho Harris?

Does Miami not have the best defensive recruiting class in the nation?

Miami = NCAA domination :O :P

Four starters return. The Martin brothers (Cam and Orian), Kam Chancellor, and Macho Harris. Chancellor and Macho are very good. The defensive line is a concern, but elsewhere we should be fine. We always manage to be good on special teams and defense.

Recruiting classes are good, sure. But it won't help much year one and you guys are always good in recruiting, yet the past few years we have outperformed you.

I wouldn't doubt it in a couple years, but I think the ACC as a whole is going to get better. Virginia Tech. is finally starting to be a nice recruiter, Miami Fl. and FSU will be back soon enough, Butch Davis should be able to help out North Carolina, and Jags should be good at Boston College. And then Maryland will be good if they get a good quarterback.

I think it is about to become a very talented league all around.

DiG
02-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Maryland

Da'Rel Scott, RB - Da'Rel is probably a guy that most people don't know about but they will soon. He didn't get very many carries this past season as a freshman with senior starters Ball and Lattimore. He had 14 carries as a freshman for 137 yards (9.6 ypc) and a 57 yard TD reception against Boston College. In his senior season in high school he carried 232 times for 2,523 yards (10.9 yards per carry) and 38 touchdowns. He was the Maxwell Award winner for conference player of the year as a junior and senior and area player of the year by the Times-Herald. Ranked by Rivals.com as the No. 21 "athlete" in the nation. In high school he was said to run a 4.42 40 time and he won state in the 100 meters as a junior with a time of 10.56.

Adrian Moten, LB - Moten will be a bigger prospect then EJ, Erin, or DQwell when it is all said and done. He is most natural as a SAM but as a true freshman he saw time at all three linebacker positions. His freshman year he had 50 tackles, including 7.5 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, and 1 int. He's the kind of linebacker that is a coaches dream and should progress a lot in the next two years before declaring for the NFL draft probably after his junior season.

etk
02-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Four starters return. The Martin brothers (Cam and Orian), Kam Chancellor, and Macho Harris. Chancellor and Macho are very good. The defensive line is a concern, but elsewhere we should be fine. We always manage to be good on special teams and defense.

Recruiting classes are good, sure. But it won't help much year one and you guys are always good in recruiting, yet the past few years we have outperformed you.

I wouldn't doubt it in a couple years, but I think the ACC as a whole is going to get better. Virginia Tech. is finally starting to be a nice recruiter, Miami Fl. and FSU will be back soon enough, Butch Davis should be able to help out North Carolina, and Jags should be good at Boston College. And then Maryland will be good if they get a good quarterback.

I think it is about to become a very talented league all around.

Oh yeah Kam Chancellor...I should've remembered that one.

I'm optimistic for our VT game next year. We all know what Walton did against you guys in the OB, and I think our personnel matches up very well defensively against Tyrod and co. Losing all those receivers will hurt too because our DBs are the weakness on D. Our offense will be unpredictable and inconsistent but VT will be breaking in a new D as well.

The strength of the ACC is undeniable. I have a hard time believing we'll ever make a NC because there will always be a UNC or WF to upset us, especially with the increasing parity. The ACC winners are still gonna have 2 conference losses on their resumes most likely.

Next year should be very exciting and fun. Young teams are always fun to watch.

BBIB
03-15-2008, 08:15 AM
ACC is no longer the All Cupcake Conference