PDA

View Full Version : Quick 3 Rounder

Brothgar
02-08-2008, 11:30 PM
This is my second mock EVER (for all teams) so it is highly likely that I messed up. (I found a couple and I commented on them)

http://www.mymockdraft.com/8828/Review.aspx

I would like all complaints in this form

Pick that sucks:
Who I picked:
Who you wanted:
Why:

I rep very helpful critiques.

Yung Flippa
02-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Good 1st for the Ravens and Texans.

Pick that sucks: Shawn Crable in the 2nd to Baltimore
Who I picked: Shawn Crable
Who you wanted: Antonie Cason
Why: I personally think that Cason will be this year's Aaron Ross, he might be too good to pass up even if we go with McKelvin in the first.

GREAT 3rd for Houston.

DLionALL
02-09-2008, 12:14 AM
1st rounder for the Eagles is good, but Harvey would play DE.

Pick that sucks: 2nd Round 50th overall pick for the Eagles
Who I picked: John Carlson, TE Notre Dame
Who you wanted: Charles Godfrey
Why: TE is not our biggest concern. LJ Smith will most likely be back, and even if he wasn't Brent Celek is the TE to groom for the future. Secondary depth is a lot more pressing and Godfrey is a solid pick there.

3rd is interesting. I like Steve Justice, but I don't see how he'd truly fit in, unless he can play different positions. Then he'd get a chance behind Herremans or eventually Runyan/Thomas

02-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Bad Raiders draft. Gholston at #3 over Ellis/Dorsey and even McFadden?

Brothgar
02-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Bad Raiders draft. Gholston at #3 over Ellis/Dorsey and even McFadden?

Dorsey went #2.

I had a long thought about McFadden but your RBs didn't do that bad and that second DE spot is really really bad.

Ellis I didn't think that much about.

02-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Dorsey went #2.

I had a long thought about McFadden but your RBs didn't do that bad and that second DE spot is really really bad.

Ellis I didn't think that much about.

Whoops my bad didnt see that .. I just believe with Ellis so high on every teams board now and his connection with Kiffin its highly likely we go in that direction come draft day.

thebow305
02-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Like the Long, Nicks, and Bennett picks alright, but would rather have Marcus Harrison than Jason Jones.

defensiveback23
02-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Pick that sucks: 27 Chargers
Who I picked: Branden Albert
Who you wanted: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Why: The Chargers need a tackle not a guard. There are plenty of candidates to take over for Goff when he leaves or retires. Scott Mruczkowski has been groomed to take the spot but if we draft a good RT then Olivea or Clary could also easily slide inside.

DB is probably the most pressing need for the Chargers. There is a big hole at nickel with Florence leaving. None of our current backup corners have shown they are capable of such an important responsibility. DRC would shore up the position and he could potentially take over at S in a couple years if he puts some weight on.

Matthew Jones
02-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Pick that sucks: Mike Jenkins to New England (1)
Who I picked: Mike Jenkins to New England (1)
Who you wanted: Leodis McKelvin, Keith Rivers
Why: I just don't have a great feeling about Jenkins. McKelvin is the top corner in the draft. Keith Rivers is the best 3-4 inside linebacker in the draft.

Pick that sucks: Xavier Adibi to New England (2)
Who I picked: Xavier Adibi to New England (2)
Who you wanted: Matt Forte, Phillip Wheeler, Ray Rice, Trae Williams
Why: Adibi is just too small for the 3-4. I like him in a Tampa 2 scheme, but all of the others would probably be the BPA for us based on scheme.

Overall, I didn't really like the Patriots mock. Good effort, though.

hugegmenfan
02-09-2008, 07:49 AM
pretty bad giants draft

1st round- chris williams is ok, id rather take tracy porter or even kentwan balmer if he falls that far
2nd round- ikegwunou is injured for this upcoming season. we dont take a chance a player like that 2nd round...may b late rounds but not this early
if balmer isnt taken 1st round, then may b pat sims 2nd round
if porter isnt taken 1st round, may b like dejuan tribble

Bills2083
02-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Pick that sucks: 1st
Who I picked: Ryan Clady
Who you wanted: Keith Rivers
Why: We have Jason Peters at LT, and Langston Walker at RT. We are perfectly set. Plus, we spent $25 million on Walker. Keith Rivers is perfect here, because we have no good WLB on the team, and with Rivers, Posluszny, and Crowell, we will have a great, young LB core.

Good 2nd
Good 3rda

Pick that sucks: 3rdB
Who I picked: Philip Wheeler
Who you wanted: Martin Rucker
Why: Since I have us taking Rivers in round 1, we dont go with a LB here. TE is a large need for this team, and Martin Rucker would fit in great.

T-RICH49
02-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Picks that sucked: RD 2
Who I picked: Justin King
Who you wanted: Antoine Cason or Charles Godfrey
Why: I don't see King going earlier then the 3rd plus Godfrey or Cason are absolutely perfect for Cover 2.Plus IIRC Cason can return kicks which KC also needs help in

sportsnerd23
02-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Solid first round pick for the Eagles. We would probably take Harvey if he fell to us.

GDWTheSickness
02-09-2008, 12:04 PM
whoa! we take sweed when malcolm kelly is there. he is not faster and definately not a better playmaker. He is an injury prone 24 year old rookie. come on go by the rankings. love mendenhall though!!!

regoob2
02-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Probably the worst Bears mock i've seen so far. Look at Scott's team needs page. I'd prefer Chris Williams in round one. Kinda a slight reach but LT is probably the biggest need for this team cause it would upgrade 2 postions by moving Tait to RT. I'd take Devin Thomas in the 2nd. I'm not huge on the Bears taking a DT in the first 3 rounds but I'd take Pat Sims cause of the value with the first of our thirds and hopefully Rice would be there with the 2nd third.
1. Chris Williams OT
2. Devin Thomas WR
3a. Pat Sims DT
3b. Ray Rice RB

I'd be real happy with this draft.

Thunder&Lightning
02-09-2008, 01:28 PM
not a fan of the chargers pick. They dont need a G they need tackle.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-09-2008, 01:28 PM
overall horrible Raider draft.
Ellis is the pick here wether you like it or not.DT is a far bigger need than DE.
Okam is a day two prospect.Not to mention hes an UT not a NT.

Brothgar
02-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Picks that sucked: RD 2
Who I picked: Justin King
Who you wanted: Antoine Cason or Charles Godfrey
Why: I don't see King going earlier then the 3rd plus Godfrey or Cason are absolutely perfect for Cover 2.Plus IIRC Cason can return kicks which KC also needs help in

Oh carp I forgot that KC plays cover 2 my next mock I will keep this in mind.

BeerBaron
02-09-2008, 02:04 PM
whoa, ok, no...awful awful bears picks.

rivers? no...the bears have WAY too big of needs on the other side of the ball to go with him there. if briggs leaves, theyve been developing jamar williams and okwo in his place. OT is far far far more important right there.

henne in 2...no. i dont know why all the sudden everyone wants to give him to the bears, but i dont like it. woodson or flacco any day over him

in the third...needs were addressed. acceptable enough, though the players might not be what i would personally want

RoyHall#1
02-09-2008, 02:06 PM
No way Browns pass up d-line on both of their first two picks.