PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-27-2007, 05:21 PM
is micheal lewis any good? (from philly) i hear good things from a freind but he happens to bleed green and silver

01-27-2007, 05:35 PM
is micheal lewis any good? (from philly) i hear good things from a freind but he happens to bleed green and silverHe was good a few years back, but he had a real fall-out this year. He lost his starting position and looked terrible when he played.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-27-2007, 06:07 PM
is micheal lewis any good? (from philly) i hear good things from a freind but he happens to bleed green and silverHe was good a few years back, but he had a real fall-out this year. He lost his starting position and looked terrible when he played.well would you guys want us to even look at him?

jackalope
01-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Jeff Garcia ftw.

Good one.... i could see him starting if Favre leaves.... Good call :D

That's terrible. Rodgers has been on the bench long enough, he can sit for Brett but no one else. I don't have a problem with bringing a veteran in, but not to start.my thoughts exactly. Rodgers needs to play. he's not a rookie anymore.

bearsfan_51
01-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Jeff Garcia ftw.

That's terrible. Rodgers has been on the bench long enough, he can sit for Brett but no one else. I don't have a problem with bringing a veteran in, but not to start.my thoughts exactly. Rodgers needs to play. he's not a rookie anymore.
He still needs to earn the job. If they don't provide real veteran competition for him they're idiots. That's one thing Jerry Angelo didn't figure out untill just this year in bringing in Griese. To just hand a kid a job, 1st round pick or not, sends the wrong message.

Besides, if he majorly bombs, you're going to want someone to at least try and salvage the season.

TitleTown088
01-27-2007, 07:31 PM
I want Jake plummer. He's not a good QB. But he's just a cool guy.

GB12
01-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Jeff Garcia ftw.

He still needs to earn the job. If they don't provide real veteran competition for him they're idiots. That's one thing Jerry Angelo didn't figure out untill just this year in bringing in Griese. To just hand a kid a job, 1st round pick or not, sends the wrong message.

Besides, if he majorly bombs, you're going to want someone to at least try and salvage the season.

Yeah, we should bring one in but there is no way that Garcia or Plummer is going to come. There aren't really many others to bring in. I guess Bledsoe wouldn't be a bad choice. I agree that you don't wan't to hand him the job, but you don't want him to get beat out for it either.

GB12
01-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Leroy Butler and Robert Brooks get in the Hall of Fame http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=558023

PACKmanN
01-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Leroy Butler and Robert Brooks get in the Hall of Fame http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=558023what number does Collins were now? he wore 35 in college maybe that?

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Leroy Butler and Robert Brooks get in the Hall of Fame http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=558023what number does Collins were now? he wore 35 in college maybe that?are their numbers going to be retired aswell?

jackalope
01-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Leroy Butler and Robert Brooks get in the Hall of Fame http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=558023what number does Collins were now? he wore 35 in college maybe that?are their numbers going to be retired aswell?i doubt it

Pack_Attack_4
01-28-2007, 10:42 AM
is micheal lewis any good? (from philly) i hear good things from a freind but he happens to bleed green and silverHe was good a few years back, but he had a real fall-out this year. He lost his starting position and looked terrible when he played.well would you guys want us to even look at him?

i would like us to take a look at him with him and manuel and collins we would have good safty depth, so if some1 got hurt we could put a vetern in there instead of sum1 like underwood or cuvler that dont have to much experience.

GB12
01-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Leroy Butler and Robert Brooks get in the Hall of Fame http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=558023what number does Collins were now? he wore 35 in college maybe that?are their numbers going to be retired aswell?i doubt it

No. They don't retire everyone who gets in's number. Tony Canadeo, Don Hutson, Bart Starr, Ray Nitschke, and Reggie White are the only 5 to have theirs retired.

GB12
01-28-2007, 11:44 AM

i would like us to take a look at him with him and manuel and collins we would have good safty depth, so if some1 got hurt we could put a vetern in there instead of sum1 like underwood or cuvler that dont have to much experience.

I don't want to even bother with him. He isn't what he used to be and isn't good in coverage.

He are some of my thoughts about the safety situation
I like the updated pick better. I would like Olsen more, but not a bad choice.

Let me set this whole Manuel thing straight. I find myself having to defend him quite a bit lately.
First off, he is not as bad as us Packer fans make him out to be. We love to bash him, but he is not deserving of all of it. He is in no way a top safety but he can still be a starter. He started out bad but he improved over the season and almost seems as if he was a bit better each week. Yes he blew coverages, but most of those were early in the season and were more communication errors than him getting burned(not saying he never got beat but most were communication). Those are very fixable through practice.

Second reason I'm not a big fan of drafting a safety is Marviel Underwood. He is probably an unknown to most non Packer fans, but I really like the kid. I think he will challenge Manuel to start this year and could end up being the long term solution if he works out right. In his rookie season he did alright in his limited time. He put up 35 tackles and saw at least some time in all 16 games. Then last year I was impressed with him from training camp and preseason. He was fighting a bit for the job then, probably wasn't going to get it but he would see a big increase in playing time and probably even be the nickleback. He got hurt and never played in the regular season so he didn't get a chance.

This wasn't directed at just you as many people (even some Packer fans) don't understand. I really wanted to make a thread about it but there is no way that would fly. I'm not saying I'm right and everyone else is wrong if they don't agree, but I feel rather strongly about that.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-28-2007, 01:12 PM

I don't want to even bother with him. He isn't what he used to be and isn't good in coverage.

He are some of my thoughts about the safety situation
I like the updated pick better. I would like Olsen more, but not a bad choice.

Let me set this whole Manuel thing straight. I find myself having to defend him quite a bit lately.
First off, he is not as bad as us Packer fans make him out to be. We love to bash him, but he is not deserving of all of it. He is in no way a top safety but he can still be a starter. He started out bad but he improved over the season and almost seems as if he was a bit better each week. Yes he blew coverages, but most of those were early in the season and were more communication errors than him getting burned(not saying he never got beat but most were communication). Those are very fixable through practice.

Second reason I'm not a big fan of drafting a safety is Marviel Underwood. He is probably an unknown to most non Packer fans, but I really like the kid. I think he will challenge Manuel to start this year and could end up being the long term solution if he works out right. In his rookie season he did alright in his limited time. He put up 35 tackles and saw at least some time in all 16 games. Then last year I was impressed with him from training camp and preseason. He was fighting a bit for the job then, probably wasn't going to get it but he would see a big increase in playing time and probably even be the nickleback. He got hurt and never played in the regular season so he didn't get a chance.

This wasn't directed at just you as many people (even some Packer fans) don't understand. I really wanted to make a thread about it but there is no way that would fly. I'm not saying I'm right and everyone else is wrong if they don't agree, but I feel rather strongly about that. i dont know. everyone is a long term solution if they work out right...i personally dont care much for our safeties save collins

GB12
01-28-2007, 01:15 PM
i dont know. everyone is a long term solution if they work out right...i personally dont care much for our safeties save collins

I know that was worded bad, I was just trying to say that I like him and kind of want to give him a shot to see if he is the solution.

bearsfan_51
01-28-2007, 01:20 PM
As for backup QB's, if the Bucs are serious about Jeff Garcia as competition for Chris Simms the Packers should make an offer towards Tim Rattay (this assuming Favre retires of course). Damon Huard will be available as well, but I think Rattay is a better fit for a pure WCO and would provide decent veteran competition for Rogers.

cheesehead10790
01-28-2007, 01:38 PM
As for backup QB's, if the Bucs are serious about Jeff Garcia as competition for Chris Simms the Packers should make an offer towards Tim Rattay (this assuming Favre retires of course). Damon Huard will be available as well, but I think Rattay is a better fit for a pure WCO and would provide decent veteran competition for Rogers.

Im not even a huge Aaron Rodgers fan but Id rather start Rodgers than Rattay or Huard. If he is the QB of the future than he needs to get the starts asap.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-28-2007, 01:40 PM
i dont know. everyone is a long term solution if they work out right...i personally dont care much for our safeties save collins

I know that was worded bad, I was just trying to say that I like him and kind of want to give him a shot to see if he is the solution.i gotchya. just not a huge fan of the other safeties.

in other news. goodbye lynch?

LYNCH ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

California running back Marshawn Lynch, who is widely regarded as one of the top prospects in the 2007 draft, reportedly has been accused of sexual assault and domestic violence.

In a criminal complaint filed on December 19, 2006, a woman claims tha Lynch "choked, slapped sexually assaulted her" on December 13 in Oakland.

Radio station KCBS first reported the complaint, and a full story appears in the Contra Costa Times.

Lynch admits that he was with the woman on the night in question, but denies any criminal wrongdoing. On Friday, a judge awarded the woman a restraining order against Lynch.

At this point, the impact on Lynch's draft stock is unknown. (As several readers have suggested, Lynch suddenly has become very attractive to the Bengals.) And it's way too early to tell whether Lynch will do time.

In 2006, Lynch rushed for 1,356 yards on 223 carries for a 6.1 average gain per carry. For his career, he averaged 6.6 yards per attempt.

ny10804
01-28-2007, 02:10 PM
The reason I have confidence in Rodgers is because the WCO is the closest thing to Tedford's system. He can make all the short, intermediate throws, which is the bulk of the WCO. He needs to develop his deep ball, and luckily that is least used play in this system. Even most of Favre's 'big' gains were 10 yard passes that the WRs turned into huge gains.

As for Lynch, it is relevant to note that Ahman Green has had similar problems (domestic abuse). Either way, RB in the first isn't my preference, I'd rather get Okoye, Landry, or trade down for one of the WRs.

On a random note, this is from the MLB thread in the NFL forum:

I just checked, and Nick Barnett has been a Pro-Bowl alternate three of his 4 years in the league (04, 05, 07). Hopefully he can put it all together this, his fifth year in the league.

TitleTown088
01-28-2007, 03:22 PM

No. They don't retire everyone who gets in's number. Tony Canadeo, Don Hutson, Bart Starr, Ray Nitschke, and Reggie White are the only 5 to have theirs retired.

Number 4 is already retired.

jackalope
01-28-2007, 03:28 PM
i still want Lynch but the problem is i'm not sure if TT does. hopefully this turns out to be nothing but if not, i say he slips to the 2nd and we take him.

GB12
01-28-2007, 04:21 PM
i still want Lynch but the problem is i'm not sure if TT does. hopefully this turns out to be nothing but if not, i say he slips to the 2nd and we take him.

What?! You think that if we pass on him he falls to our second pick. No way that'll happen.

jackalope
01-28-2007, 04:36 PM

What?! You think that if we pass on him he falls to our second pick. No way that'll happen.i know. it's just wishful thinking.

bearsfan_51
01-28-2007, 05:33 PM

Im not even a huge Aaron Rodgers fan but Id rather start Rodgers than Rattay or Huard. If he is the QB of the future than he needs to get the starts asap.
Understood, but you'll need a veteran insurance policy regardless. If Rogers is a major flop, it would be unwise to give him 16 games to struggle out there, especially considering most Packers fans think they have realistic playoff aspirations, correct or not.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-28-2007, 05:40 PM

Understood, but you'll need a veteran insurance policy regardless. If Rogers is a major flop, it would be unwise to give him 16 games to struggle out there, especially considering most Packers fans think they have realistic playoff aspirations, correct or not.correct. we came close this year with another healthy draft and free agency period i say we can sneak in because we sit in the nfc north

70challenger457
01-28-2007, 06:04 PM

Understood, but you'll need a veteran insurance policy regardless. If Rogers is a major flop, it would be unwise to give him 16 games to struggle out there, especially considering most Packers fans think they have realistic playoff aspirations, correct or not.correct. we came close this year with another healthy draft and free agency period i say we can sneak in because we sit in the nfc northI wouldn't mind having someone like jake plummer

70challenger457
01-28-2007, 06:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9949904
the packers lead the leauge in starts by rookies

PACKmanN
01-28-2007, 06:19 PM
I dont know if this was posted here but check this out http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4186 I doubt TT would want to draft Lynch now but it could be an ex-girlfriend looking for some cash.

70challenger457
01-28-2007, 06:26 PM
I dont know if this was posted here but check this out http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4186 I doubt TT would want to draft Lynch now but it could be an ex-girlfriend looking for some cash.I really hope it all blows over

badgerfan
01-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Here is my ultimate offseason for the Packers. I tried to make it as realistic as possible. First off, i would try to trade both Franks and Clifton. They could both be had for a 3 or 4 round pick.
Free Agents:
Eric Johnson, TE. He would immediately come in and be our starter
Eric Steinback, LG. He would come in and start in place of Colledge who could move to tackle and replace Clifton.
Jamar Fletcher, Cb. Would come in and add depth to the corner position. Would replace dendy as the 3rd corner.
Resign:
Ahman Green. He can still run. He could pair with a young back.
David Martin. He is an ok 2nd TE.
Cullen Jenkins. He could be a good DE to take over for KGB.
Nick Barnett. What do i need to say?
Corey Williams. An emerging force in the middle.
Draft: I don't think Ginn or Lynch will be available at pick 16. I also can't see the packers drafting a CB this high. The packers are high on corey williams and cullen jenkins so i don't see them taking a DT here. Trading down would be the most logical choice so they can add more picks.
1. Brandon Merriwhether, CB/S. (Can play both CB and S for the packers much the same way a stud named leroy butler did. He could take the FS spot and move Collins to SS. At the very least, he could be the nickel back.)
2. Tony Hunt, Rb. (would fit in nicely as a ZBS back who can also catch)
2. Craig Davis, Wr. (Tall and fast. can stretch the field. Future number 2 wideout.)
3. Anthony Spensor, DE. (Jenkins wants a lot of money and the packers aren't assured of getting him back. He could spllit time with KGB and eventually be his replacement.)
4. Martrez Miler, TE. (competes for 2nd Te and possible future starter.)
5. Brandon Frye, T. (gives us more depth. Possible future starter when Tausher starts to decline.)
6. Garrett Wolfe, Rb. (good 3rd Rb who would be better than herron)
7. Jeff Rowe, Qb. (competes with martin for number 3)

This draft upgrades ouor secondary and pass rush. Also, we land our feature back who will pair with Green for a year and takeover in 2008. We also land a speed receiver who can be a future number two receiver. This draft hits most of our keey needs. I know that everyone has their favorite prospects but i feel that this offseason would go a long way to bringing the packers back to their previous glory. What do you guys think?

GB12
01-28-2007, 10:08 PM
To be honest I don't like the draft at all. FA wasn't that great either. Yeah, Clifton's declining but he still plays well enough. We wouldn't not be able to get equal value through a trade either.

PackerFan20
01-28-2007, 10:11 PM
I like Wolfe but doubt he'll fall that far.

70challenger457
01-28-2007, 10:22 PM
I like Wolfe but doubt he'll fall that far.

bearsfan_51
01-28-2007, 10:25 PM
You think you could get a 3rd or 4th rounder for Bubba Franks!?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh that's ******* hilarious.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't give up a sack of doorknobs. His career as a starter in the NFL is done.

GB12
01-28-2007, 10:27 PM
You think you could get a 3rd or 4th rounder for Bubba Franks!?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh that's *********** hilarious.

I wouldn't give up a sack of doorknobs. His career as a starter in the NFL is done.

Were not getting anything for him. We will keep him to be an extra blocker though.

bearsfan_51
01-28-2007, 10:28 PM

Were not getting anything for him. We will keep him to be an extra blocker though.
Doesn't he have a pretty sizeable contract? I don't think he's worth paying just to block. You can get anyone to do that.

GB12
01-28-2007, 10:32 PM

Doesn't he have a pretty sizeable contract? I don't think he's worth paying just to block. You can get anyone to do that.

He got a 7 year $28million contract in '05 so I think the cap hit would be too big to release him.

ny10804
01-28-2007, 11:34 PM
To be fair, BF51 was the same person who said Ahman Green was no longer a starter:

Ha you said Taylor could be good. :lol:

Ben Taylor? In a full 16 games last year he posted 113 tackles. I'm not sure exactly what you want from your LBs, but I'll take 100 tackles anyday, especially since he'll be the strong side OLB.
Have you seen any film on him? Ben Taylor sucks. He gets pushed back so much and is terrible in coverage. There's a reason why the Browns wanted to replace him, he's not very good.

I would say the Packers two biggest needs are a new franchise running back and an impact defensive tackle. Ahman Green is done as done can be, and while Gado is decent, he's upgradeable. I keep hearing that the Packers have a nice "rotation" of defensive tackles but none of them are in the slightest way scary. The Bears rotate a lot too but they still have impact players like Tommie Harris, Tank Johnson, and soon to be Dusty Dvorachek.

Other than that, I think the Pack had a decent foundation for the future if Rodgers is the answer at QB. One thing to note is that some of their impact players beyond just Favre and Green are getting older. Donald Driver is 31, Al Harris is 31, and Charles Woodson, while 29, is always hurt. They'll need other people to step up and take the load off them at some point.

...but, I happen to agree with him on Bubba Franks. The best thing we could do with him is resurrect the U-71 formation, and then proceed to rename it the U-88 formation.

bearsfan_51
01-28-2007, 11:36 PM
To be fair, BF51 was the same person who said Ahman Green was no longer a starter:

Ben Taylor? In a full 16 games last year he posted 113 tackles. I'm not sure exactly what you want from your LBs, but I'll take 100 tackles anyday, especially since he'll be the strong side OLB.
Have you seen any film on him? Ben Taylor sucks. He gets pushed back so much and is terrible in coverage. There's a reason why the Browns wanted to replace him, he's not very good.

I would say the Packers two biggest needs are a new franchise running back and an impact defensive tackle. Ahman Green is done as done can be, and while Gado is decent, he's upgradeable. I keep hearing that the Packers have a nice "rotation" of defensive tackles but none of them are in the slightest way scary. The Bears rotate a lot too but they still have impact players like Tommie Harris, Tank Johnson, and soon to be Dusty Dvorachek.

Other than that, I think the Pack had a decent foundation for the future if Rodgers is the answer at QB. One thing to note is that some of their impact players beyond just Favre and Green are getting older. Donald Driver is 31, Al Harris is 31, and Charles Woodson, while 29, is always hurt. They'll need other people to step up and take the load off them at some point.

...but, I happen to agree with him on Bubba Franks.
Well I also said that same thing about Bubba Franks before last season, and you all whined at me for that too.

So it looks like everyone is 50/50. Although I wouldn't be suprised at all if they let Green go and Morency was the back of the future (another move that I had a hard time convincing any Packers fan was a good one because you all had hard-ons for Samkon Gado).

Oh..and I was right about Ben Taylor too. Dude sucks ass.

ny10804
01-28-2007, 11:43 PM

...but, I happen to agree with him on Bubba Franks.
Well I also said that same thing about Bubba Franks before last season, and you all whined at me for that too.

So it looks like everyone is 50/50. Although I wouldn't be suprised at all if they let Green go and Morency was the back of the future (another move that I had a hard time convincing any Packers fan was a good one because you all had hard-ons for Samkon Gado).

Yea, it's pretty bad when you get beat out by a second year player who once spent two years on a Mormon mission to South America, tore his ACL in his first start of his career, and 'earned' your spot 2 weeks after returning from an injury that typically takes 2 months longer to heal from. Taylor is balls.

RockJock07
01-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Badger fan, I really like your off-season plan. Clifton doesn't fit the ZBS and is getting old. I'd trade him and pick up Joe Staley to play tackle or guard.

If this Lynch thing doesn't blow over I wouldn't be opposed to trading down and picking up Michael Bush in the 2nd round.

I think New England is the team that is going to be trying to move up, with two 1st round picks they have the goods to move.

TitleTown088
01-29-2007, 02:13 AM
What do you guys think about Rayner? wanna keep him or go after some one else?

PACKmanN
01-29-2007, 02:18 AM
What do you guys think about Rayner? wanna keep him or go after some one else?IMO, we need to bring someone to battle with him because im not sold on him. Do you guys want to go to the playoffs with him as ur kicker? kickers win u games and I dont think Rayner can, I like that kicker thats coming in the draft. He played in cold weather.

PACKmanN
01-29-2007, 02:20 AM
Badger fan, I really like your off-season plan. Clifton doesn't fit the ZBS and is getting old. I'd trade him and pick up Joe Staley to play tackle or guard.

If this Lynch thing doesn't blow over I wouldn't be opposed to trading down and picking up Michael Bush in the 2nd round.

I think New England is the team that is going to be trying to move up, with two 1st round picks they have the goods to move.if were sitting at 16 and NE calls and wants our 16 pick and offers there 2 frist i hope tt takes the deal. With the frist pick we can take Griffin and with the second possible trade down for more picks or take Hunt or Bowe but i like Bowe more. Do you guys think Walker ( ND RB ) could fit in our scheme? He reminds me alot of that guy on ATL.

jackalope
01-29-2007, 07:27 AM
What do you guys think about Rayner? wanna keep him or go after some one else?i like him. he played terribly in the Bears game, but i think he'll be good. he's showed he can make some long kicks, the only question is he's not consistent.

bearsfan_51
01-29-2007, 08:23 AM

I think New England is the team that is going to be trying to move up, with two 1st round picks they have the goods to move.if were sitting at 16 and NE calls and wants our 16 pick and offers there 2 frist i hope tt takes the deal.
:lol: Ever heard of a value chart? Get real.

70challenger457
01-29-2007, 10:22 AM
What do you guys think about Rayner? wanna keep him or go after some one else?i like him. he played terribly in the Bears game, but i think he'll be good. he's showed he can make some long kicks, the only question is he's not consistent.I think we chould stick with him

nbarnett56
01-29-2007, 10:40 AM
What do you guys think about Rayner? wanna keep him or go after some one else?
Definetly bring in competition. Making 74.3% of your FGs is not a good number to carry around. I want to see at least an 80% FG kicker. Then missing that PAT against the Bears just showed how shaky he can be. Can we rely on him when we really need him?

I think thats the real question. I like his leg but the accuracy needs to start improving.

nbarnett56
01-29-2007, 10:43 AM
He got a 7 year $28million contract in '05 so I think the cap hit would be too big to release him.
Franks only makes $1,400,000 million this year. Next year at 3,000,000 is when it starts to get expensive. He is due $5,000,000 million in 2009 and 2010. Then he is due $5,500,000 million in 2011.

The biggest problem is that he has $7 million in guaranteed. I think that after the 2007-08 season he will be gone.

eagleseye
01-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Who would you take amongst the guys that keep coming to us in mocks (Lynch, Landy, Nelson, Jarrett).

Of course things will develop involving Green/Moss will become clearer after the SB, but assuming our key players test FA and we don't make any moves, I would prefer Lynch slightly over Landry.

Favre4
01-29-2007, 01:49 PM
reggie nelson wont get picked in the first round by thompson, though he produced this year he has not for any of the rest of his college career. ive said all along that TT would pass on marshawn even without any off the field problems. im hearing rumors that willis mcgahee may be on the trading block, maybe the packers should look into that.

and for the record, the packers already have one tight end from miami that cant catch, they certainly dont need another one in greg olsen. im a huge miami fan and watched all of their games this past year, olsen cant catch a 3rd down pass for the life of him.

Favre4
01-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Im thinking the packers will give bubba pre-season to reprove himself, if that does not work they will most likely eat his contract and cut him like they did with clitoris hunt

Favre4
01-29-2007, 01:54 PM
can anyone tell me if tyrone moss entered the draft? if he did i would be interested in him for the packers.

TitleTown088
01-29-2007, 02:46 PM
What do you guys think about Rayner? wanna keep him or go after some one else?IMO, we need to bring someone to battle with him because im not sold on him. Do you guys want to go to the playoffs with him as ur kicker? kickers win u games and I dont think Rayner can, I like that kicker thats coming in the draft. He played in cold weather.

He won a battle last preseason already agianst cundiff, right?

He did pretty poor in the teddy bear game.

Here's another thought. What do you guys want to do at WR? Ruvell martin and holiday did pretty solid in the last few games. maybe we just need to add a speedy guy do stretch it and were pretty well set if KORO is able to return.

TitleTown088
01-29-2007, 02:54 PM
anyone remember preseason when EVERYONE picked the pack to finish last in the norris? ha, **** ers.

Favre4
01-29-2007, 03:20 PM
im not going to put a first round wideout past TT. if a guy like ted ginn is available, i think we would be dumb not to take him, he is a game changer. he could be what azhir hakim was to the greatest show on turf.

GB12
01-29-2007, 03:26 PM
im not going to put a first round wideout past TT. if a guy like ted ginn is available, i think we would be dumb not to take him, he is a game changer. he could be what azhir hakim was to the greatest show on turf.

I don't want an Az Hakim in the first round.

GB12
01-29-2007, 03:34 PM

I never liked Gado. Yeah good story ok, but he got lucky, there was a reason that no one else wanted him. He had no business as an NFL starter, he isn't a power runner or he doesn't have great speed; he is below average in both and is well below an average RB. I was the number one supporter of the trade, that was an absolute steal. I laugh at all the dumbasses that bought a costumized Gado jersey.

I want to keep Green as it isn't a garuentee that we get Lynch and he shouldn't cost too much. He can still do ok for the year if we don't get Lynch, but if we do I'd like to see Lynch one and Morency two.

Also yes Ben Taylor sucks.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
01-29-2007, 04:03 PM
What will you think the Packers will address after Lynch in the first (most likely)? Will they go WR, TE, S, CB in the 2nd? the 3rd?

70challenger457
01-29-2007, 04:28 PM
anyone remember preseason when EVERYONE picked the pack to finish last in the norris? ha, *********** ers.everyone laughed at me when I said we had a shot at the playoffs if we get AJ hawk and an interior line, I was a giants loss away from being so right... :cry:

70challenger457
01-29-2007, 04:32 PM
I never liked Gado. Yeah good story ok, but he got lucky, there was a reason that no one else wanted him. He had no business as an NFL starter, he isn't a power runner or he doesn't have great speed; he is below average in both and is well below an average RB. I was the number one supporter of the trade, that was an absolute steal. I laugh at all the dumbasses that bought a costumized Gado jersey
I'm convinced that RB's that don't start till later in the year always look so much better than they really are. Examples: Gado, we thought he was the future, reality, he was just so much fresher than everybody else, and was quick. Larry Johnson: Had all those games with 200 yards, why, he didn't start till holmes got injured. Jerome Bettis 3 years ago, Duce Staley got injured, he was fresher than everybody else, and looked like his godly self again

70challenger457
01-29-2007, 04:34 PM
What will you think the Packers will address after Lynch in the first (most likely)? Will they go WR, TE, S, CB in the 2nd? the 3rd?I consider TE the biggest need

TitleTown088
01-29-2007, 04:52 PM
anyone remember preseason when EVERYONE picked the pack to finish last in the norris? ha, *********** ers.everyone laughed at me when I said we had a shot at the playoffs if we get AJ hawk and an interior line, I was a giants loss away from being so right... :cry:
or a fumble away agianst the rams. :cry:
woulda shoulda coulda.

Favre4
01-29-2007, 05:07 PM
azhir hakim is a freak athlete who was a pro bowler in st. louis, he couldnt help that detroit sucks.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-29-2007, 05:29 PM
POSTED 6:22 p.m. EST, January 29, 2007

NO CHARGES FOR LYNCH

Agent Doug Hendrickson of Octagon, who represents former Cal running back Marshawn Lynch, tells us that the Alameda County district attorney will not be pursuing charges against Lynch arising from allegations that Lynch sexually assaulted a woman in Oakland on December 13, 2006.

Last week, a judge entered a restraining order against Lynch at the woman's request. But that decision is irrelevant to the question of whether he will face any type of prosecution for the alleged misdeeds. Per the prosecuting attorney for the county in which the action allegedly occurred, no charges will be filed, which means that the case is closed.

Of course, this doesn't prevent the woman in question from filing a civil suit against Lynch, if she so chooses. The standard of proof is significantly lower in civil proceedings, where any liability would be addressed via an award of money damages.

Lynch is regarded as one of the top running backs in the draft, and likely will be taken in the first round.

70challenger457
01-29-2007, 06:11 PM
good to see it all just about blown over

jackalope
01-29-2007, 07:52 PM
really happy to hear that about Lynch. i still want him a lot in the first. there's no one else other than Lynch, that we could realistically get at 16, that excites me. if Lynch isn't there i would be in favor of a trade down.

Favre4
01-29-2007, 08:10 PM
ted ginn wouldnt excite you at 16

GB12
01-29-2007, 08:12 PM
ted ginn wouldnt excite you at 16

Not at all. If Lynch is gone I have interest in Jarret, Okoye, and Landry.

70challenger457
01-29-2007, 08:16 PM
I would personally perefer Landry then Lynch but I would hate for us to draft Ginn

Favre4
01-29-2007, 08:52 PM
as much of a thug as he is, meriweather may help us the most. he has been really solid for quite some time down in miami. we can use help anywhere in that secondary so i dont see how we could go wrong with him.

70challenger457
01-29-2007, 09:03 PM
as much of a thug as he is, meriweather may help us the most. he has been really solid for quite some time down in miami. we can use help anywhere in that secondary so i dont see how we could go wrong with him.guy, it's not happening

01-29-2007, 09:12 PM
azhir hakim is a freak athlete who was a pro bowler in st. louis, he couldnt help that detroit sucks.Az-Hakim is washed up and will never be an effective WR again.

70challenger457
01-29-2007, 09:13 PM
azhir hakim is a freak athlete who was a pro bowler in st. louis, he couldnt help that detroit sucks.Az-Hakim is washed up and will never be an effective WR again.

jackalope
01-29-2007, 09:16 PM
ted ginn wouldnt excite you at 16no, i don't want Tedd Ginn. he's an exciting player, but i don't think we should get him.

4pAc
01-30-2007, 01:42 AM
Lynch
Olsen or Miller
A safety prospect (Rouse?, Johnson?)

I think that's pretty realistic.

jackalope
01-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Lynch
Olsen or Miller

I think that's pretty realistic.that would be a great draft

ImBrotherCain
01-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Lynch
Olsen or Miller

I think that's pretty realistic.

ROUSE!!!! WOOOOOOO

nbarnett56
01-30-2007, 09:58 AM
What do you think the Packers are going to do in the offseason?

Our notable free agents after the season:

RB Ahmad Green
TE David Martin
TE Donald Lee
DE/DT Cullen Jenkins
DT Colin Cole
LB Ben Taylor
CB Patrick Dendy
LS Rob Davis

Notable potential cuts:

LT Chad Clifton
RT Mark Tauscher
TE Bubba Franks
FB William Henderson
DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
SS Marquand Manuel

Players that might get contract extentions:

CB Al Harris
LB Nick Barnett

************************************************** ******************************

Starting with our own free agents, we could potentially resign Green for a 2-3 year contract. He still has the skills but IMO we really need to start searching for his successor. Green is a good asset running and receiving so adding another RB could prolong his career while our successor develops.

Time to let go of David Martin. He never worked out and his injuries are an annual occurence. Donald Lee hasn't really been involved much in the offense this year like he was last season. That might affect his decision on wether to stay or not. Personally I'd like to resign him because he is a solid backup who has good speed. If Franks gets cut, Lee and Martin could make a good downfield tandum.

Cullen Jenkins played well in place of KGB for the final 3 games of the season. He has really shown us that he is capable of playing in this league. He is a restricted free agent so its a very high chance he will be back but is he the long term solution? He can play DT as well which is a big bonus. We do have good depth though with Corey Williams, Ryan Pickett, Johnny Jolly, and if they resign Colin Cole. I'd like to bring Cole back because he is still pretty cheap.

Ben Taylor never got much playing time here, which was why he signed here in free agency. He very likely has no interest in coming back because of our LB situation doesn't present him much playing time - if any. We have a great young group of guys at LB, but we really need depth in case something happens.

Patrick Dendy isn't anything real special, though he has played well at times. Hopefully Blackmon can stay healthy next year so we don't have to rely on guys like Dendy and Bush so much. After Woodson and Harris, we are thin at CB. Hopefully we draft at least 1 CB again this year. Maybe keep Dendy as the 4th or 5th CB.

Rob Davis is a notable free agent because he is the only player on the Packers roster that is a long snapper. Not a huge deal, but we still need someone who can fill that void next season.

As for the potential cuts, we have 2 high priced tackles who are entering their 30s. With the zone blocking scheme, we could plug in players and acheive the same effect. I find it hard to imagine that we pay both these guys top dollar for a scheme that uses undersized Olinemen. I think one of these guys will be cut though not this year. Most likely Clifton because he level of play has dropped off and injuries are becoming a common theme with him. Tauscher is cheaper and yet has only 2 years left on his contract, compared to Clifton's 3 years left.

Bubba Franks is 2 years into his 7 year contract extention and has not lived up to his contract. Granted we are using him more as a blocker, but when he's gotten his opportunites he has dropped passes and not produced. Will TT be so bold and cut him so soon after resigning him? I think he sticks around at least 1 more year and then gets cut.

The professional through in and through out is William Henderson. We resigned him for 2 years yet Brandon Miree has taken over his job. Though he wants to retire a Packer, he can still play and help another team. I'm suprised we didn't cut him sooner but I'd imagine that this is his last year in the green and gold. If not the end of his career after basically having a year off.

The once sack threat Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila appears to be no more. His production has dropped over the last few years and he continues to be a liability against the run. I think he's going to have to accept a pay cut in order to stay. But I can't imagine another team being very interested him if we cut or try to trade him. I like KGB, but he isn't getting it done anymore.

I was never high on the Marquand Manuel signing from the beggining. We basically payed him for what he did in a few regular season games last year along with his performace in the playoffs and Superbowl. He's pretty cheap the next 2 years, at $1.3 million per year. But I can see Tyrone Culver and Marviel Underwood giving him a run for the starting job next season.

Now for the potential contract extentions for Al Harris and Nick Barnett. TT has said that he is still going to build through the draft and not be as active in free agency like he was last year. With around $20-30 million in cap space, we can afford to give Al Harris a little boost in his salary and lock down Barnett. I feel both players are deserving of getting extentions and I'd imagine at least one will be done before training camp.

Our biggest needs going into next season are probably RB, CB, S, WR, QB, and depth on the Oline. Depending on Favre, I think that either way we need to find a veteran to bring in to challenge Rodgers, at the least. I'd like to see some fresh legs at RB as well. Green is on his last few years here so we really need to get a guy in here who could be a feature RB. Obviously we have big holes in the secondary. Lack of CB depth and our safetys really need to step up. Bring in some guys to challenge for jobs and what not. I believe we have the pieces in place along the Oline, but we lack depth. Especially at tackle.

Some way, some how we also need to find a more capable return man.

nbarnett56
01-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Nevermind about Rob Davis, we just resigned him to a 1 year deal

Packers re-signed LB Rob Davis to a one-year contract. He'll earn an $820,000 salary in 2007 but counts just $435,000 against the cap. Davis, 38, has started 151 straight games for Green Bay.

TitleTown088
01-30-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't see the packers cutting tausher or clifton.

PacMan
01-30-2007, 11:20 AM

Yeah that's just tom-foolery.

Pack_Attack_4
01-30-2007, 11:20 AM

i dont see them cutting them either, y would they?

nbarnett56
01-30-2007, 11:45 AM

Cost. Look at the teams who run the zone blocking scheme. None of them have really high priced Olineman. The Packers have 2 of them. I didn't say they would get released this year but I could definetly see Clifton gone after this season.

01-30-2007, 12:15 PM

Cost. Look at the teams who run the zone blocking scheme. None of them have really high priced Olineman. The Packers have 2 of them. I didn't say they would get released this year but I could definetly see Clifton gone after this season.I don't think cost is too big of an issue right now for the Pack, they have ton's of cap space and IMO they should hold on to both tackles untill their contract's run out and maybe even keep them for longer.

nbarnett56
01-30-2007, 12:56 PM

Cost. Look at the teams who run the zone blocking scheme. None of them have really high priced Olineman. The Packers have 2 of them. I didn't say they would get released this year but I could definetly see Clifton gone after this season.I don't think cost is too big of an issue right now for the Pack, they have ton's of cap space and IMO they should hold on to both tackles untill their contract's run out and maybe even keep them for longer.
Clifton is decling and starting to become injury prone. Tauscher is starting to get nicked up as well. Saying that we have the money to keep both is just plain silly. We have the money to keep KGB, so why do the Packers want him to take a paycut? Its simple, you pay for the production - of which Clifton's is declining.

TitleTown088
01-30-2007, 01:51 PM

Clifton is decling and starting to become injury prone. Tauscher is starting to get nicked up as well. Saying that we have the money to keep both is just plain silly. We have the money to keep KGB, so why do the Packers want him to take a paycut? Its simple, you pay for the production - of which Clifton's is declining.
so what are you proposing ? spend 2 more draft picks on O-line this year and have an offensive line that dosen't have the capability to grow pubes?Now that's risky. Or maybe blow all the money in FA, novel idea too. The best solution is to keep the tackles around now and draft some one to groom for awhile in the later rounds of the draft . We have much bigger fish to fry than 0-line as of right now.

ImBrotherCain
01-30-2007, 03:32 PM

so what are you proposing ? spend 2 more draft picks on O-line this year and have an offensive line that dosen't have the capability to grow pubes?Now that's risky. Or maybe blow all the money in FA, novel idea too. The best solution is to keep the tackles around now and draft some one to groom for awhile in the later rounds of the draft . We have much bigger fish to fry than 0-line as of right now.

My thoughts exactly!
Our tackles might be getting older but the are still a hell of a lot better than any rookie we could bring in. They are also still amongst the best in the league. Plus Clifton and Tauscher wernt super studs comming out of college. Clifton was a 2nd rounder and Tauscher was a 7th round... I say we take a couple in later rounds and groom them like TitleTown said

Jim Jim
01-30-2007, 04:09 PM
We have major issues in our secondary, our running backs, defensive line and wide recievers...

I think we need to focus on those first.

TitleTown088
01-30-2007, 04:13 PM
We have major issues in our secondary, our running backs, defensive line and wide recievers...

I think we need to focus on those first.
\
I agree with that, but i am actually starting to like our D-line with cullen and Kampy emerging. Add another Solid DT to that mix and we got a real solid D-line. This is why i am starting to warm up to a DT in the first round perhaps if most of the other guys i want are gone.

TitleTown088
01-30-2007, 05:23 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=548275

henderson not hanging them up yet.

nbarnett56
01-30-2007, 05:57 PM

We don't really have a backup tackle except for Tony Moll - and he is fairly new to the position. We still need depth and it wouldn't hurt to start getting some younger tackles ready. Clifton and Tauscher's contracts run out in 2-3 years and both are entering their 30s which is typically when Olineman start to decline. Both will be due around $5 million in 2008 as well. Why spend the money on older, declining players when we prepare for the future?

Read my original post again, I never said to cut any tackles this year. Try comprehending a post before replying to one next time. ;)

GB12
01-30-2007, 06:05 PM

We don't really have a backup tackle except for Tony Moll - and he is fairly new to the position. We still need depth and it wouldn't hurt to start getting some younger tackles ready. Clifton and Tauscher's contracts run out in 2-3 years.

Read my original post again, I never said to cut any tackles this year. Try comprehending a post before replying to one next time. ;)

We get Barry back aswell. He is a capaable backup. I think Moll will be a part of the future OL with Spitz, Colledge and Wells. We only need one more piece. We can take a guy on day 2, but it doesn't make sense to go earlier.

jackalope
01-30-2007, 06:14 PM

RB Ahmad Green give him another 1 year contract
TE David Martin resign
TE Donald Lee if we resign Martin, let Lee go
DE/DT Cullen Jenkins give him a long term contract
DT Colin Cole resign
LB Ben Taylor let him go
CB Patrick Dendy keep him, but look for another CB
LS Rob Davis already resigned, good move

Notable potential cuts:

LT Chad Clifton illogical to cut either tackle
RT Mark Tauscher illogical to cut either tackle
TE Bubba Franks if we are able to get rid of him without it costing us too much, then we should
FB William Henderson i'd like him back, although we don't really need him
DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila if we are able to get rid of him without it costing us too much, then we should
SS Marquand Manuel i'd say we keep him, but i think Underwood can sin the job

CB Al Harris definitely extend
LB Nick Barnett possibly extendmy comments in bold^

GB12
01-30-2007, 06:28 PM

TE David Martin resign
DT Colin Cole resign
LB Ben Taylor let him go

Notable potential cuts:

TE Bubba Franks if we are able to get rid of him without it costing us too much, then we should
DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila if we are able to get rid of him without it costing us too much, then we should

I'm the #1 Underwood supporter on here, but we still need to keep Manuel. Why would we let him go if he is still in contract?

jackalope
01-30-2007, 06:37 PM

TE David Martin resign
DT Colin Cole resign
LB Ben Taylor let him go

Notable potential cuts:

I'm the #1 Underwood supporter on here, but we still need to keep Manuel. Why would we let him go if he is still in contract?sorry. i miss worded that. i was trying to say that we should keep him, but Underwood will likely win the job from him and become the starter. i agree that there is no point in cutting him, we can keep him for a back-up

GB12
01-30-2007, 06:39 PM
I was disagreeing with the original poster and agreeing with you. :wink:

jackalope
01-30-2007, 06:42 PM
I was disagreeing with the original poster and agreeing with you. :wink:ok, just got a little confused

Jim Jim
01-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Day One Green Bay mock.

First Round Selection: Marshawn Lynch, RB, California.

[ Gives the team an explosive young runner to team along with Vernand Morency in the ZBS. ]

Second Round Selection: Aaron Rouse, Safety, Virgina Tech.

[ Gives the team an excellent safety prospect who can hit, and hit, and hit. An intimidator in the secondary. ]

Third Round Selection: Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, UTEP.

[ Gives the team a speedy player who has reliable hands and can finally give us a young, explosive returner. ]

andyjo672
01-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Quick question: Any recent news on the Favre front...I know he commented last week that he wouldn't drag it out and many "Insiders" claimed he'd be making a decision by the end of last week which did not happen.

Also, I was curious which Packer's FA would be coming to join the Vikings squad this year as a trend (a loose trend I guess being that its only been two players) set by Sharper and Longwell...kidding

jackalope
01-30-2007, 07:00 PM
i think Favre's decision is coming up real soon.

eagleseye
01-30-2007, 07:24 PM

Me too. Probably a few days after the SB.

4pAc
01-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Day One Green Bay mock.

[ Gives the team an explosive young runner to team along with Vernand Morency in the ZBS. ]

[ Gives the team an excellent safety prospect who can hit, and hit, and hit. An intimidator in the secondary. ]

[ Gives the team a speedy player who has reliable hands and can finally give us a young, explosive returner. ]Rouse is a reach at second, TE is more of a need than WR.

someone447
01-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Day One Green Bay mock.

[ Gives the team a speedy player who has reliable hands and can finally give us a young, explosive returner. ]

I would cream my pants if we got that draft, but I really don't think Higgins will be available when we pick in the third. Maybe TT can trade down and pick up an extra second round pick and get Rouse and Higgins in the second. Higgins is gonna shoot up the draft board after the combine when he runs either the fastest, or the second fastest 40 time there. I saw every one of his games this year, he plays at a different speed than everyone else. I have a few buddies on the team, and they said he was the hardest worker they had. I would be all for picking him in the second even. He is going to be a steal if he lasts to the second half of the second round.

jackalope
01-30-2007, 08:39 PM
it's impossible to predict TTs drafts. my guess is he'll have a few trade downs, as always, and he's gonna make some picks that seem odd at first. the Jennings pick took me by surprise a little because he wasn't really a big name. I would have thought that if he wanted a receiver he'd have stayed put and taken Chad Jackson. he had Jennings higher on his board, so he decided to get Jennings instead, but accumulate some picks also. TT is a genius and i trust any move he makes.

4pAc
01-30-2007, 09:34 PM
We can get Rouse in the third, I htink the most we have to do is to move up in the third

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Quick question: Any recent news on the Favre front...I know he commented last week that he wouldn't drag it out and many "Insiders" claimed he'd be making a decision by the end of last week which did not happen.

Also, I was curious which Packer's FA would be coming to join the Vikings squad this year as a trend (a loose trend I guess being that its only been two players) set by Sharper and Longwell...kidding

I am not sure how true this is, but I was told Brett Favre could have his decision made by the weeks end, and a press conference to announce it may be held by mid-next week.

70challenger457
01-30-2007, 10:52 PM
We can get Rouse in the third, I htink the most we have to do is to move up in the thirdI would like that pick

TitleTown088
01-30-2007, 11:59 PM

We don't really have a backup tackle except for Tony Moll - and he is fairly new to the position. We still need depth and it wouldn't hurt to start getting some younger tackles ready. Clifton and Tauscher's contracts run out in 2-3 years and both are entering their 30s which is typically when Olineman start to decline. Both will be due around $5 million in 2008 as well. Why spend the money on older, declining players when we prepare for the future?

you said potential cuts and listed bolth the tackles under there? so.... how am i supossed to respond to that if i disagree?

TitleTown088
01-31-2007, 12:26 AM
I never knew this..
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0701/gallery.nfl.SBscandals/content.5.html

johbur
01-31-2007, 01:18 AM

Me too. Probably a few days after the SB.

I think it is more likely it will be a couple days after the Pro Bowl, when all the football stuff has ended.

Also, There's nothing wrong with our tackles right now. I wouldn't mind picking up another tackle and a G/C that fits the ZBS in the draft. Toss in Miller/Olsen, a WR and a SS, that would make a top-notch draft. I'd also be pretty pleased to pick up Okoye in R1. 20 year old that's started for 4 years and he had a great Senior Bowl...

sik wit it
01-31-2007, 01:27 AM
I never knew this..
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0701/gallery.nfl.SBscandals/content.5.html
dude plays in Sconnie, can't you expect anything else?? He wrecks it no matter what so I could care less.

TitleTown088
01-31-2007, 01:35 AM
I never knew this..
dude plays in Sconnie, can't you expect anything else?? He wrecks it no matter what so I could care less.

i never knew he played with the flu though. That's micheal Jordanesk.

70challenger457
01-31-2007, 06:39 AM
I never knew this..
dude plays in Sconnie, can't you expect anything else?? He wrecks it no matter what so I could care less.since when did farve have the flu? I never knew that

PACKmanN
01-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Tank Johnson

Get ready for the Tank, I like the bar
Better park out front, or I'll steal your car!
I had to list Soldier Field as the home I keep,
'Cause if I move too far, my ankle goes "Beep! Beep!"
I'm huge and mean, they call me "Big Daddy"
'Cause the only other team for me is Cincinnati.
I'd like to throw back some beers and get in a scuffle,
But for now I'll just have to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.

the bears are making thoses superbowl lyrics and one of the packer fan came up with this on another forum, I find it funny.

70challenger457
01-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Tank Johnson

Get ready for the Tank, I like the bar
Better park out front, or I'll steal your car!
I had to list Soldier Field as the home I keep,
'Cause if I move too far, my ankle goes "Beep! Beep!"
I'm huge and mean, they call me "Big Daddy"
'Cause the only other team for me is Cincinnati.
I'd like to throw back some beers and get in a scuffle,
But for now I'll just have to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.

the bears are making thoses superbowl lyrics and one of the packer fan came up with this on another forum, I find it funny.thats pretty good

sik wit it
01-31-2007, 12:19 PM
so are any of you guys cheering for the bears?

Jim Jim
01-31-2007, 01:15 PM
so are any of you guys cheering for the bears?

Hell nah.

Favre4
01-31-2007, 01:50 PM
hell ya i want the bears to win. represent the NFC north well bears. all analysts do is talk about how fricken horrible the NFC north is. i hate peyton manning too.

PACKmanN
01-31-2007, 02:01 PM
hell ya i want the bears to win. represent the NFC north well bears. all analysts do is talk about how fricken horrible the NFC north is. i hate peyton manning too.and I want people to say Brett is the best QB to ever play the game :) go gross-man

umphrey
01-31-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm growing tired of everyone assuming TT will trade down. We have the youngest team in the league without many holes - why would we want more draft picks? It just means we'll have to start cutting players that we took last year or the year before and start developing someone new, only to have them cut in 1-2 years.

Pack_Attack_4
01-31-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm growing tired of everyone assuming TT will trade down. We have the youngest team in the league without many holes - why would we want more draft picks? It just means we'll have to start cutting players that we took last year or the year before and start developing someone new, only to have them cut in 1-2 years.

Bec TT likes young talent and plus we need more depth in alot of positions, O line, DBs,WRs,TE

GB12
01-31-2007, 03:30 PM

I bet you someone's going to say "because TT likes to trade down, he always does". I agree with you on this and would not be surprised if he didn't.

TitleTown088
01-31-2007, 04:02 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070131/PKR01/70131106/1989

Could this mean he's commign back for one more year?????????????? or does it mean nothing?

Rodgers and Lynch_07
01-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Perfect Day One Packer Mocks. Let's all do one and we can collaborate at the end of them. I'll start:

Round 1:
Hope: Adrian Peterson- RB- Oklahoma
Gut: Marshawn Lynch- RB- California

Round 2:
Hope: Sidney Rice- WR- South Carolina
Gut: Greg Olsen- TE- Miami (Fla.)

Round 3
Hope: Tim Crowder- DE- Texas
Gut: Aaron Rouse- S- Virginia Tech

ImBrotherCain
01-31-2007, 04:28 PM
Idk the more i read the happier i get. I would love to get Rouse!!! Thats like a dream come true. One of my fav college players on my favorite NFL team. :D

But i must ask you all once again..... How about Scott Chandler the TE from Iowa..... i think he is a sleeper and has huge potential. What do you guys think?

LickaMahfeetz
01-31-2007, 04:46 PM
Idk the more i read the happier i get. I would love to get Rouse!!! Thats like a dream come true. One of my fav college players on my favorite NFL team. :D

But i must ask you all once again..... How about Scott Chandler the TE from Iowa..... i think he is a sleeper and has huge potential. What do you guys think?

I really like Chandler. I think he could be picked up in the later rounds. I don't know if we need to pick up a guy really early. I really think that Franks will have a much better season next year. His duties were always hanging this last year. Look for Franks to step up next season when there is some stability to his game plan due to the increased ability of the OL.

lasse
01-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Perfect Day One Packer Mocks. Let's all do one and we can collaborate at the end of them. I'll start:

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3

my perfect draft would be:
1. Peterson/Lynch
2.Merriweather
3.Chandler

70challenger457
01-31-2007, 05:23 PM

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3
Lynch Olson and Rouse is my ideal mock

ImBrotherCain
01-31-2007, 05:30 PM

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3
Lynch Olson and Rouse is my ideal mock

I agree for the most part but im kind of a skeptic when it comes to Olson, i really am intreseted in Chandler

jackalope
01-31-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm growing tired of everyone assuming TT will trade down. We have the youngest team in the league without many holes - why would we want more draft picks? It just means we'll have to start cutting players that we took last year or the year before and start developing someone new, only to have them cut in 1-2 years.i wouldn't be at all surprised to see him trade down because TT often has a lower rated player by most higher on his board than anyone. because of this he can trade down, get a pick, and still get his man.

D4rk 0ne
01-31-2007, 08:39 PM
If Oakland gave you guys Moss and this year's second, plus say next year's 4th, would you guys give up the 16th overall?

Boston
01-31-2007, 08:44 PM
If Oakland gave you guys Moss and this year's second, plus say next year's 4th, would you guys give up the 16th overall?

No. Our third and Ferguson is as high as i'd go.

roughrider30
01-31-2007, 09:13 PM

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3

I would be very happy with a Lynch, Olsen, Rouse draft

jackalope
01-31-2007, 09:17 PM
If Oakland gave you guys Moss and this year's second, plus say next year's 4th, would you guys give up the 16th overall?i wouldn't give up a dime for Moss.

Lynch
Olsen
Rouse
would be great

roughrider30
01-31-2007, 09:25 PM

I bet you someone's going to say "because TT likes to trade down, he always does". I agree with you on this and would not be surprised if he didn't.

ya i would say that TT did that in his first couple years, because we were in our first 2 years of rebuilding. Now in our 3rd year under TT i think that we don't as many holes as we did the past two years. IMO our holes for the most part are filled, but now what we need are playmakers.

I think there is still a possibility that we would trade down if the value at the pick is bad, but i don't think that TT will trade down just to accumulate picks.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-31-2007, 09:26 PM
If Oakland gave you guys Moss and this year's second, plus say next year's 4th, would you guys give up the 16th overall?i wouldn't give up a dime for Moss.

Lynch
Olsen
Rouse
would be great
i would not give up the 16th pick at all. i would however give up a 3rd and a player or maybe even a second and one of their players, this depends on which player they ship obviously

badgerfan
01-31-2007, 11:18 PM
What do you guys think of Mark Zalewski? I think he is a very underrated LB who is also probably the fastest MLB in this year's draft. I think he would be a good 5th or 6th round pick and with his speed, i think he could be move to the outside. At the very least, he could be one hell of a special teams guy. I think he could do very well in the SAM position. He could easily be worth a late round pick.

GB12
01-31-2007, 11:20 PM
What do you guys think of Mark Zalewski? I think he is a very underrated LB who is also probably the fastest MLB in this year's draft. I think he would be a good 5th or 6th round pick and with his speed, i think he could be move to the outside. At the very least, he could be one hell of a special teams guy. I think he could do very well in the SAM position. He could easily be worth a late round pick.

I'm a big Wisconsin fan, but 5th or 6th is way to high. I don't think he'll be much as a pro, but if they wanted him he could be had as an UDFA. I doubt we do though.

jackalope
02-01-2007, 07:28 AM

I'm a big Wisconsin fan, but 5th or 6th is way to high. I don't think he'll be much as a pro, but if they wanted him he could be had as an UDFA. I doubt we do though.agreed. If we want Zalewski at all we probably won't need to spend a draft pick to get him. maybe our 7th.

Favre4
02-01-2007, 09:35 AM
earlier in the college football season when zalewski was doing real well, he was rated as high as the late 3rd round on some draft sites. toward the end of the season though his production really fell off.

70challenger457
02-01-2007, 10:24 AM
What do you guys think of Mark Zalewski? I think he is a very underrated LB who is also probably the fastest MLB in this year's draft. I think he would be a good 5th or 6th round pick and with his speed, i think he could be move to the outside. At the very least, he could be one hell of a special teams guy. I think he could do very well in the SAM position. He could easily be worth a late round pick.I was kinda dissapointed that I wasn't able to watch him as much as I could have but he was a solid player. Just not spectacular like you have to be to get into the pros

70challenger457
02-01-2007, 10:39 AM
I found this on Ahmad Carroll's Wikipedia thing
0 Fans of the Green Bay Packers that were sad to see Carroll released by the team

Pack_Attack_4
02-01-2007, 11:09 AM
I found this on Ahmad Carroll's Wikipedia thing
0 Fans of the Green Bay Packers that were sad to see Carroll released by the team

sooo true, he was the worst

Favre4
02-01-2007, 11:11 AM
zero fans were happy about sherman picking him over chris gamble, i dont care if gamble only played corner for one year, look at what he did in college. he shut down miami's no. 1 wideout in the national championship

PACKmanN
02-01-2007, 01:41 PM
wat do u guys think of my mock in my sig? on the radio there was a former scout saying that Oslen is too raw and the person he liked more is Miller so i put him.

PackerMang
02-01-2007, 01:47 PM
From KFFL.com

Packers | Favre pushing team to acquire R. Moss?
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:13:04 -0800

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports there is speculation Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre would like the team to acquire Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss in a move to help bolster the offense.

--->interesting, Driver stated in his Interview with Jim Rome that a vetern/expeirenced receiver would help take the heat off him. If we trade down on the first day and got a extra 3rd round pcik I could see Moss being traded for that.

Favre4
02-01-2007, 01:53 PM
very interesting. i could live with it, and i live in green bay. i dont think alot of other people in green bay who think they know alot about football would like it though.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-01-2007, 02:19 PM
a couple more favre tidbits for ya

PROOF THAT FAVRE IS RETURNING?

A couple of weeks ago, many interpreted Brett Favre's cancellation of his membership in a local country club as proof that he intends to call it quits and retire.

Per the Appleton Post-Crescent, Favre recently renewed his contract to serve as the pitchman for Bergstrom Automotive for another year.

Of course, the deal could contain a provision that renders it terminated if/when he retires. Even if it doesn't, we don't think that the development has any bearing on whether Favre is or isn't coming back.

But plenty do.

Our hunch? He'll be back. But we've heard nothing one way or the other as to which way he's leaning.

SOME PLAYERS THINK FAVRE COMING BACK

Last year, we reported for most of March and April that teammates believed that Packers quarterback Brett Favre would be back for the 2006 season.

We've now heard that some of the Green Bay players believe, based on things Favre has said to them, that he will be back again in 2007.

We can't get into any more detail than that for now. But stay tuned. We might have more on this one.

some moss to gb rumors

A little birdie told me that Brett Favre will have a decision in a week or two, or shall I say an announcement in that time frame.

Randy Moss will be moved from what I was told last night, but where? The Raiders think the team that will in the "finals for Moss" are the Packers, Titans, Jets and J-Ville, with the Packers the most liekly canidate to obtain the disgruntled Wide Reciever.

Favre did ask if the Packers were interested in trading for Moss, and said that he would like to get a chance to play with Moss if he decides to come back next season.

PACKmanN
02-01-2007, 03:08 PM
I would rather keep the picks and get some talented players. This and next years draft are stack with talented players.

ImBrotherCain
02-01-2007, 03:17 PM
I would rather keep the picks and get some talented players. This and next years draft are stack with talented players.

yea i agree....

ImBrotherCain
02-01-2007, 03:18 PM
wooooo a hundred posts..... well... now 101

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-01-2007, 03:19 PM
wooooo a hundred posts..... well... now 101and you still dont know how to edit previous posts. :lol:

Pack_Attack_4
02-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I think if we land moss, we could be in for a super bowl run next year. With the way driver has been playing the last couple seasons hes bound to get more attention his way but if we got moss opposite of him it would take some heat off him. With driver as our #1 moss #2 and jennings#3 we would have in my opnion the best WR core in the league.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I think if we land moss, we could be in for a super bowl run next year. With the way driver has been playing the last couple seasons hes bound to get more attention his way but if we got moss opposite of him it would take some heat off him. With driver as our #1 moss #2 and jennings#3 we would have in my opnion the best WR core in the league.true. and i wouldnt want to stop upgrading there. we have space so i say we should upgrade if possible/worth it

TitleTown088
02-01-2007, 05:10 PM
I think if we land moss, we could be in for a super bowl run next year. With the way driver has been playing the last couple seasons hes bound to get more attention his way but if we got moss opposite of him it would take some heat off him. With driver as our #1 moss #2 and jennings#3 we would have in my opnion the best WR core in the league.

more than randy moss would be needed for a solid superbowl run.

70challenger457
02-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Randy Moss will not fix anything

TitleTown088
02-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Randy Moss will not fix anything

He'd fix the WR position pretty well.

Favre4
02-01-2007, 06:50 PM
yes he would!

GB12
02-01-2007, 06:52 PM
yes he would!

What's with your sig?

TitleTown088
02-01-2007, 06:53 PM
yes he would!

What's with your sig?
yeah all those stats are off and the pack finished 8-8.

BTW anyone ever watch that 70's show? i love how much they talk about the packers on it.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-01-2007, 07:20 PM
yes he would!

What's with your sig?

BTW anyone ever watch that 70's show? i love how much they talk about the packers on it.prediction probably

jackalope
02-01-2007, 07:49 PM
who's doing the Packer's "Official Fantasy Offseason"

PacMan
02-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Fools!!!! I would take Randy Moss in a heartbeat. I feel TT should do whatever it takes to get him. He is a freak athlete. Look at Minnesota once this guy left. They are horrible. Yet with him their they were always in contention. His stay in Oakland is tough to just blow off, but It's pretty bad there. Al Davis is stuck in the seventies and his personnel decisions show that. Favre to Moss, Driver, and Jennings would make us so dangerous. Please pull the trigger TT. Please!!

GB12
02-01-2007, 08:27 PM

I applied for it. I did P-L's mock and would like to do about the same thing as in that.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Fools!!!! I would take Randy Moss in a heartbeat. I feel TT should do whatever it takes to get him. He is a freak athlete. Look at Minnesota once this guy left. They are horrible. Yet with him their they were always in contention. His stay in Oakland is tough to just blow off, but It's pretty bad there. Al Davis is stuck in the seventies and his personnel decisions show that. Favre to Moss, Driver, and Jennings would make us so dangerous. Please pull the trigger TT. Please!!exactly what im thinking. and who would we have to give up? a robert ferguson and a third round draft pick caliber players? please. ill take moss anyday

roughrider30
02-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Fools!!!! I would take Randy Moss in a heartbeat. I feel TT should do whatever it takes to get him. He is a freak athlete. Look at Minnesota once this guy left. They are horrible. Yet with him their they were always in contention. His stay in Oakland is tough to just blow off, but It's pretty bad there. Al Davis is stuck in the seventies and his personnel decisions show that. Favre to Moss, Driver, and Jennings would make us so dangerous. Please pull the trigger TT. Please!!exactly what im thinking. and who would we have to give up? a robert ferguson and a third round draft pick caliber players? please. ill take moss anyday

I agree 100%. If moss is put on a team that wins and he gets the ball enough, which he would with Favre, Moss will be happy. Its crazy to say that with Moss and hopefully Lynch that we wont be a playoff, if not, superbowl contender. I'm all for us getting Moss.

Boston
02-01-2007, 08:57 PM
yes he would!

What's with your sig?

BTW anyone ever watch that 70's show? i love how much they talk about the packers on it.prediction probably

He's had that sig since before the season began.

That 70's show is great. I love the episode where they go to the packer game, and Eric buys a sweetness jersey. :lol:

ny10804
02-01-2007, 08:58 PM

I applied for it. I did P-L's mock and would like to do about the same thing as in that.

I hath applied.

TitleTown088
02-01-2007, 09:25 PM
yes he would!

What's with your sig?

He's had that sig since before the season began.

That 70's show is great. I love the episode where they go to the packer game, and Eric buys a sweetness jersey. :lol:
Figures, eric is a sally.

Favre4
02-01-2007, 09:27 PM
yeah so my sig is a little off, it doesnt reflect any of this years stats. the record underneath it is the guesstimation i made about their record last years draft.

ImBrotherCain
02-01-2007, 10:06 PM
wooooo a hundred posts..... well... now 101and you still dont know how to edit previous posts. :lol:

I do. it was just a joke i knew it was 100 and then it was 101! I planed to write it exactly as i did which is proably more sad then saying i dont know how to edit posts :( but oh well lol :lol:

ImBrotherCain
02-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Wooo what happend to my sig, i never changed it and now its a GoW sig. I do like GoW alot but that was so random... im so confused. Anyone know what happened?

Edit: NVM i figured out what happend. The site i got it off changed it. I guess im gonna go see if someone can hook me up with a new one on the sig request thread

TitleTown088
02-01-2007, 11:05 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070201/PKR01/70201157/1989

great news.

someone447
02-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I also applied to do the Fantasy offseason. I was a Co-Gm last year and we had arguably the best draft of anyone. I am definetly down to be a Co-Gm with someone this year.

PACKmanN
02-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Moss would be a good pick up but remember guys we are building for the future and its working great why stop now by adding a 30+ year old player?

roughrider30
02-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Moss would be a good pick up but remember guys we are building for the future and its working great why stop now by adding a 30+ year old player?

we should be in the end stages of rebuilding and what our team needs to start winning is skill players. Plus Moss still has a few years left in him and will produce when our team is in its prime

TitleTown088
02-02-2007, 02:06 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/LovieUrlacher.jpg

:lol:

TitleTown088
02-02-2007, 02:07 AM
http://www.bergstromauto.com/en_US/

"It's so easy even a vikings fan could do it"

hahaha nice Favre, nice.

jackalope
02-02-2007, 07:31 AM
http://www.bergstromauto.com/en_US/

"It's so easy even a vikings fan could do it"

hahaha nice Favre, nice. :lol: that's great

i requested to be an assistant GM for the Packers since i figured that there are more people qualified for the head GM and i don't really want to spend a ton of time on it anyway.

Favre4
02-02-2007, 09:27 AM
i dont think moss has quite reached teh 30 plateau yet. and i think youre forgetting that a receiver like moss could play til he is nearly 40, thats quite a ways in the future.

eagleseye
02-02-2007, 09:42 AM
i dont think moss has quite reached teh 30 plateau yet. and i think youre forgetting that a receiver like moss could play til he is nearly 40, thats quite a ways in the future.

Ya he turns 30 in 11 days. But I think he has 3-5 years left of being a real impact player.

A 4th rounder and Furgeson would be sweeeet!

Pack_Attack_4
02-02-2007, 10:06 AM

Ya he turns 30 in 11 days. But I think he has 3-5 years left of being a real impact player.

A 4th rounder and Furgeson would be sweeeet!

That would be sweet but i thnk will have to give up a little more than that probably a 2nd.

70challenger457
02-02-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm still gunna be pissed if we get Moss

Jim Jim
02-02-2007, 10:55 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070202/PKR01/70202054/1989

Brett Favre will return.

TitleTown088
02-02-2007, 10:59 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070202/PKR01/70202054/1989

Brett Favre will return.
I knwo i just saw it!!! this made my day

70challenger457
02-02-2007, 11:18 AM
wooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo

PacMan
02-02-2007, 11:38 AM
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brett Favre rules!

RaiderLifer
02-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Congrats. He's actually one of my favorite all time players (I have a bunch of family from Racine) glad to see he is coming back.

roughrider30
02-02-2007, 11:45 AM
**** ya!!!!! There is officially nothing that can ruin my day anymore today. I'm so glad we didnt have to wait like last year.

morknolle
02-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey guys I'm trying to put together some ideas on the offseason and would like your opinions on your team. Obviously Marshawn Lynch falling to you guys would be the optimal choice, but if he somehow doesn't make it that far who else would you look at? Are you pretty satisfied with Charles Woodson and Al Harris at CB or would you maybe look at Hall/Revis since both of your guys are starting to get a little old? Would you look at Landry/Nelson/Griffin or are you happy with your safeties? Any thought about drafting a DLineman? You have a couple studs like Kampman there who I was hoping you'd let go last year so we could sign and then KGB, but how do you like your DTs? What if someone like Amobi Okoye managed to find his way to your pick? You invested a decent amount of picks on your OLine last year, are all of those working out well or is there still room for a possible improvement somewhere in there? Any other spots on offense that you'd potentially look at in the 1st round? I see in Scott's latest mock he has you guys taking Dwayne Jarrett which doesn't make a ton of sense with Driver and Jennings on the roster.

Also, any thoughts on who you guys will be releasing this offseason that Mike Sherman will inevitably be pushing Kubiak to bring on since we seem to be collecting a lot of your castaways?

BTW, I think you guys should owe us some kind of draft pick for that Gado/Morency trade. I didn't understand it at the time and still don't understand it, Gado is an ok RB but didn't do much of anything for us this year and Morency is a genuine playmaker, albeit not a 25 carry a game RB, but still a solid runner. Way to rip us off there.

Any comments on the draft and possible releasings would be appreciated. Thanks.

roughrider30
02-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey guys I'm trying to put together some ideas on the offseason and would like your opinions on your team. Obviously Marshawn Lynch falling to you guys would be the optimal choice, but if he somehow doesn't make it that far who else would you look at? Are you pretty satisfied with Charles Woodson and Al Harris at CB or would you maybe look at Hall/Revis since both of your guys are starting to get a little old? Would you look at Landry/Nelson/Griffin or are you happy with your safeties? Any thought about drafting a DLineman? You have a couple studs like Kampman there who I was hoping you'd let go last year so we could sign and then KGB, but how do you like your DTs? What if someone like Amobi Okoye managed to find his way to your pick? You invested a decent amount of picks on your OLine last year, are all of those working out well or is there still room for a possible improvement somewhere in there? Any other spots on offense that you'd potentially look at in the 1st round? I see in Scott's latest mock he has you guys taking Dwayne Jarrett which doesn't make a ton of sense with Driver and Jennings on the roster.

Also, any thoughts on who you guys will be releasing this offseason that Mike Sherman will inevitably be pushing Kubiak to bring on since we seem to be collecting a lot of your castaways?

BTW, I think you guys should owe us some kind of draft pick for that Gado/Morency trade. I didn't understand it at the time and still don't understand it, Gado is an ok RB but didn't do much of anything for us this year and Morency is a genuine playmaker, albeit not a 25 carry a game RB, but still a solid runner. Way to rip us off there.

Well, I would say that IMO our biggest need is a playmaker on offense. One of our biggest problems last year was scoring in the redzone, and that was a result of no one being able to score besides Driver. So, I would say that Lynch would be the best pick if available, then I would say that a WR would be another big need. We do have driver and jennings, but besides that we dont have any depth. A third WR will be cruical for next year, and who knows if Koren Robinson can even play. The only problem is I'm not a big fan of drafting WRs in the first, unless it is a definite need. After WR, I would say that saftey would be our next biggest need with Manuel's lack of production last year, but i dont think Landry will fall to us, and im not totally sold on Nelson yet.

Jim Jim
02-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Craig "Buster" Davis or Robert Meachem would be guys I'd go after.

aic4ever
02-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Hey guys I'm trying to put together some ideas on the offseason and would like your opinions on your team. Obviously Marshawn Lynch falling to you guys would be the optimal choice, but if he somehow doesn't make it that far who else would you look at? Are you pretty satisfied with Charles Woodson and Al Harris at CB or would you maybe look at Hall/Revis since both of your guys are starting to get a little old?

I would think CB would be addressed in the mid to late round this year. We've got Will Blackmon from last draft still set to come back at that position as well.

Would you look at Landry/Nelson/Griffin or are you happy with your safeties?

If Lynch is gone, Safety is probably the way to go. Although there is debate about whether another young safety is really what we need back there next to a still somewhat raw Nick Collins.

Any thought about drafting a DLineman? You have a couple studs like Kampman there who I was hoping you'd let go last year so we could sign and then KGB, but how do you like your DTs? What if someone like Amobi Okoye managed to find his way to your pick?

Again, if anyone is taken it would be in the later rounds. KGB probably gets held onto as a situational pass rusher, if not even cut for salary purposes. He's simply not a good value when Montgomery and Hunter can be rotated in as pass rushers for less money. We moved Cullen Jenkins from DT out to DE for the primary downs and he was dominant opposite Kampman. Pickett and Corey Williams at the DT spots are bigtime and their backup in Colin Cole is solid as well.

You invested a decent amount of picks on your OLine last year, are all of those working out well or is there still room for a possible improvement somewhere in there?

Barring Joe Thomas falling to #16, probably not. No reason for yet another rookie to get tossed into a starting spot.

Any other spots on offense that you'd potentially look at in the 1st round? I see in Scott's latest mock he has you guys taking Dwayne Jarrett which doesn't make a ton of sense with Driver and Jennings on the roster.

It would make sense if Jarrett could be a bigtime playmaker. I don't see that happening. Neither Driver or Jennings is a major threat to stretch the field, so a receiver of that nature, possibly Ginn, could be a pick. Bowe is apparently skyrocketing after the Senior Bowl. We desperately need a game changing tight end. Zack Miller would fit, though most people feel like we could trade down a bit and still land him later in the first.

I touched on the possibility of KGB being released. If you guys are still playing a 3-4 on defense I would imagine he'd make a good pass rushing OLB/DE in that scheme. His play against the run is awful, though. Probably won't be seeing much more than low tier guys being let go fromt he Packers this season, though. A lot of the important guys really are locked up.

Nothing like getting a Christmas turkey for a stick of butter :lol:

No problem. 8) Good luck.

PACKmanN
02-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Does this mean that the Moss trade rumoers are ture because why would he say it so fast.

mancl
02-02-2007, 12:51 PM
You did a good job of identifying the Packers needs.

They do need playmakers on offense- at any position. They were decent at moving the ball the first 80 yards but had lots of problems in the end zone.

Most people seem to have Lynch going #1.

They need a 3rd WR- either a true burner- Ginn like tho I'm not a fan of him. Or they could use a bigger WR- in the Plaxico Burgess/ Mohmamad mold. Someone with Jarretts physical stature makes sense if not taking him specifically

They like their O line and will let them develop together. They could bring in a LOT to develop behind Clifton but that would be a day 2 pick

The tight end position was probablly the weakest on the team last year. If you are looking for a Packer who could join you in Texas it might be Bubba Franks who was probably the worst player among the regulars.
It might benefit the Packers and Bubba if he got a change in scenery.

If Franks was the worse player Manual the strong safety was the 2nd worse. As with the tight end position they could get some help in free agency which would affect the draft.

You are right about the corners- They are getting older and Woodson played with a lot of nagging injuries. If I were drafting I would take a corner in the first 2 picks.

Those are my 2 cents.

eagleseye
02-02-2007, 12:55 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! FAVRE!

sik wit it
02-02-2007, 01:45 PM
FUUUUCCCKKKK YEEEEAAAAAAAA. FAVRE IS THE MAN, LAST JOURNEY GUNNA BE A GOOD ONE.
WAR PACKERS TO THE SB IN 07

drowe
02-02-2007, 01:47 PM
yeah Favre.

i really want to go taunt some Dolphin fans about Dan Marino's (soon to be broken) records. 8)

Hawk
02-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Glad to see him coming back. On another note Merril Hoge said that the Packers need to address the QB situation by taking one on the 1st day. He said that the Aaron Rodgers experiment hasnt quite panned out. I thought this was funny b/c Rodgers hasnt even played considerable amounts of time yet

TitleTown088
02-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Some of you posters are just comming outta the woodwork. I have never seen you before.

You are like the people who only go to church on christmas and easter. :lol:

LickaMahfeetz
02-02-2007, 02:47 PM
yeah Favre.

i really want to go taunt some Dolphin fans about Dan Marino's (soon to be broken) records. 8)

To be fair we should probably go taunt Raider fans about George Blanda's (soon to be broken) record too.

PacMan
02-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Some of you posters are just comming outta the woodwork. I have never seen you before.

You are like the people who only go to church on christmas and easter. :lol:

Or some of us just post when their is something important to talk about. How many times have people posted "I think we should take Marshawn Lynch." Stuff starts getting repetitive on here pretty quick.

GB12
02-02-2007, 03:08 PM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/93/favrerain3cu.gif
where it proud Jason.

PacMan
02-02-2007, 05:11 PM
“And I said, ‘That sounds good to me.’ We talked about some other things, but that’s how I found out.” - Ted Thompson after talking to brett Favre about his 2007 return.

Maybe those other things involved Thompson's intentions to acquire Randy Moss. Maybe.

Boston
02-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Yes. Now we'll have a bargaining chip that we lacked last year.

TitleTown088
02-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Yes. Now we'll have a bargaining chip that we lacked last year.

yeah Favre should really help in Free agency.

70challenger457
02-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Does this mean that the Moss trade rumoers are ture because why would he say it so fast.god I hope not

Favre4
02-02-2007, 07:48 PM
why wouldnt you want moss? it makes the team better. no if, ands, or buts about it.

GB12
02-02-2007, 07:52 PM
why wouldnt you want moss? it makes the team better. no if, ands, or buts about it.

It'ssplit in two on here. If they don't want him you're not going to be able to convince them. I think you'd be crazy to not take him if the price is right, but not all agree.

Nitschke-Hawk
02-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Bottom line is, -to quote the famous quote on this forum "Chris do what Chris do."- "Randy Moss do what Randy Moss do." And when Randy Moss do what Randy Moss do he can get 1,200 yards at will, and with Driver and Moss and Favre slingin' it you have a legit guy who can get the ball in jump ball situations, there were many times this year where Favre threw it up and nobody could get it, partly because of accuracy partly because of not having a guy that can go and get it. If you can get Moss for a 3rd and Ferguson that's a steal, Ferguson didn't even do anything for this team last year and never really has when's he's been healthy, then you don't have to draft a WR and you have one of the league's best when's he's on his game. The trade is basically 2 back up recievers for Randy Moss if you intend to get a WR with the third rounder and essentially moves a pretty good young # 2 WR to the third and use some DANGEROUS 3 WR SETS. Then if you wanna make sure the offense is set you nab Marshawn Lynch RB and Zach Miller TE or any other endless list of possibilities.

Boston
02-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Bottom line is, -to quote the famous quote on this forum "Chris do what Chris do."- "Randy Moss do what Randy Moss do." And when Randy Moss do what Randy Moss do he can get 1,200 yards at will, and with Driver and Moss and Favre slingin' it you have a legit guy who can get the ball in jump ball situations, there were many times this year where Favre threw it up and nobody could get it, partly because of accuracy partly because of not having a guy that can go and get it. If you can get Moss for a 3rd and Ferguson that's a steal, Ferguson didn't even do anything for this team last year and never really has when's he's been healthy, then you don't have to draft a WR and you have one of the league's best when's he's on his game. The trade is basically 2 back up recievers for Randy Moss if you intend to get a WR with the third rounder and essentially moves a pretty good young # 2 WR to the third and use some DANGEROUS 3 WR SETS. Then if you wanna make sure the offense is set you nab Marshawn Lynch RB and Zach Miller TE or any other endless list of possibilities.

Wow. How amazing would this be.

GB12
02-02-2007, 08:40 PM

Wow. How amazing would this be.

Kind of like the Forum Mock javon and I did...

bearsfan_51
02-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Where is there any evidence that the Raiders would trade Moss for a 3rd rounder and a piece of trash like Ferguson? Just because one guy reported it and you guys keep repeating it doesn't mean it'll happen.

GB12
02-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Where is there any evidence that the Raiders would trade Moss for a 3rd rounder and a piece of trash like Ferguson? Just because one guy reported it and you guys keep repeating it doesn't mean it'll happen.

I'm not saying it will happen, just discussing about if it happens. I don't thimk Ferguson will be included as he isn't worth aanything. I think a 3rd and 4th would be good.

ny10804
02-02-2007, 08:47 PM

Shh, they don't know that.

bearsfan_51
02-02-2007, 08:54 PM

I'm not saying it will happen, just discussing about if it happens. I don't thimk Ferguson will be included as he isn't worth aanything. I think a 3rd and 4th would be good.
I doubt it. I think it'll take a 2nd minimum. Never underestimate Al Davis' vengeful and spiteful nature. I'm all but sure he'd rather sit Moss for the year than trade him for less than he thinks he's worth. It's not like he hasn't done it countless times before.

GB12
02-02-2007, 08:57 PM

I doubt it. I think it'll take a 2nd minimum. Never underestimate Al Davis' vengeful and spiteful nature. I'm all but sure he'd rather sit Moss for the year than trade him for less than he thinks he's worth. It's not like he hasn't done it countless times before.

It'd be very hard to part with a 2nd. If that happens then it'll mean that TT is serious at making a title run. He better go out and sign some big time FA and put together the best team for this season not the future if he does that.

ny10804
02-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Got wind of this from packerchatters -- link (http://images.todaystmj4.com/audio/aljones.mp3)

This year he is [excited], and also lead to believe that with free agency they got something in the works to bring somebody in, and I think that was the whole deal.

And that was him [the guy who reported Brett's announcement] talking about his interview with Brett today.

Boston
02-02-2007, 09:46 PM

Honestly, if you have anything better to talk about, other than Favre, i'd be glad to discuss it.

PacMan
02-02-2007, 09:52 PM

I totally agree with Bearsfan51 here. 1. Robert Ferguson is a piece of trash.(We coulda had Chris Chambers). and 2. There is no way we get Moss for a 3rd Rd. pick. Al Davis is a moron but not that big a moron. Moss is one of the best #1 WR's in the league when healthy. He's not gonna take garbage for him.

ny10804
02-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Just found this gem:

Thats what I would do. With the money you save, you can address other needs. Youre set at LB, maybe a ballhawk FS can be in the works for round 1.

If all else fails, you can let go KGB and draft a stud in round 1.

Nick Collins is playing FS you wanna replace him already? no we need a stud SS. Or we could move Collins to corner but that would waste his hitting ability and athleticism to roam the whole field. He was the guy containing Reggie Bush when we played the Saints

KGB is inconsistent and overrated IMO. Kampman is a much better DE.

Yeah Kamp is one of the most complete DE's in the game. But I think on the right side you can sorta get away with what KGB does, he added muscle pounds in the offseason to help him and he is playing the run better, also based on our Yards Per Carry (rush defense) and Sack production from the D-Line, our D-Line is probably the strength of our team so far.
If by complete, you mean completely average, I agree.

From October
http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28354&highlight=nick+collins

Boston
02-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Just found this gem:

Thats what I would do. With the money you save, you can address other needs. Youre set at LB, maybe a ballhawk FS can be in the works for round 1.

Nick Collins is playing FS you wanna replace him already? no we need a stud SS. Or we could move Collins to corner but that would waste his hitting ability and athleticism to roam the whole field. He was the guy containing Reggie Bush when we played the Saints

Yeah Kamp is one of the most complete DE's in the game. But I think on the right side you can sorta get away with what KGB does, he added muscle pounds in the offseason to help him and he is playing the run better, also based on our Yards Per Carry (rush defense) and Sack production from the D-Line, our D-Line is probably the strength of our team so far.

From October

Oh, snap.

http://myspace-748.vo.llnwd.net/00784/84/72/784352748_thumb1.jpg

someone447
02-03-2007, 12:48 AM
All we have said is that we wouldn't want Moss if we had to give up anything more than the original rumor of Ferguson and a 3rd.

TitleTown088
02-03-2007, 02:14 AM
Just found this gem:

From October
Oh that's nasty.

detknowitall
02-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Favre is comming back

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-packers-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns

jackalope
02-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Favre is comming back

:lol: a little late, but obviously great news

i heard on the radio (so I'm not sure if this is true) that McCarthy had given Favre a deadline of the Superbowl to make his decision.

Rob331
02-03-2007, 10:33 AM
I would'nt give up more than a 5th rounder for the malcontent.

ImBrotherCain
02-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Favre is comming back

:lol: a little late, but obviously great news

i heard on the radio (so I'm not sure if this is true) that McCarthy had given Favre a deadline of the Superbowl to make his decision.

Sports center said it was TT said that the superbowl was his deadline

Boston
02-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I also disagree with the premise that you aren't a fan of football if you aren't happy to see Favre back. Personally I think it's so insignificant. I certainly can appreciate Favre's career as a whole, but at this point he's just an old, mediocre Quarterback that has thrown more interceptions (45) than touchdowns the last two seasons and has a QB rating which hovers around the mendoza line. People that say "half the league would want him as their QB" don't have a clue what they're talking about. You're holding onto a memory of what Favre was not what he is. If you look at it objectively, Rex Grossman will pass Favre as the best QB in the North next season, if he hasn't already. And that sure as hell ain't saying much.

Wow. :roll:

roughrider30
02-03-2007, 12:14 PM
I also disagree with the premise that you aren't a fan of football if you aren't happy to see Favre back. Personally I think it's so insignificant. I certainly can appreciate Favre's career as a whole, but at this point he's just an old, mediocre Quarterback that has thrown more interceptions (45) than touchdowns the last two seasons and has a QB rating which hovers around the mendoza line. People that say "half the league would want him as their QB" don't have a clue what they're talking about. You're holding onto a memory of what Favre was not what he is. If you look at it objectively, Rex Grossman will pass Favre as the best QB in the North next season, if he hasn't already. And that sure as hell ain't saying much.

ya im going to say that is probably the stupidest thing ive ever heard you say.

What evidence gives you any reason to think this way?

Jim Jim
02-03-2007, 12:17 PM

Well, there goes bearsfan_51's credibility!

TitleTown088
02-03-2007, 01:26 PM

The comment about kampman didn't do anything for you?

Jim Jim
02-03-2007, 01:30 PM
I tend to ignore blatant stupidity for the most part, but that pretty much begged to be commented on.

sik wit it
02-03-2007, 01:56 PM

The comment about kampman didn't do anything for you?
yeah anything he says you can't take seriously.

bearsfan_51
02-03-2007, 02:29 PM
:lol: :lol:

You guys are funny.

Obviously I was wrong about Kampman (I'd love to find any of you that predicted he would have 15+ sacks) but I've also been the lone voice on a lot of things when you guys wanted to lather each other's nutsacks in homerism.

-"Ben Taylor will be a fine starting OLB"

-"The NFC North will be a wide open division"

-"The Bears are going to choke just like they did in 2001"

-"Rex Grossman is going to get hurt for the season again"

-"Bubba Franks is still a top ten TE when healthy"

So give me a break about credibility, please.

As for the Grossman comment, I really don't see the big deal. Grossman had a just as good if not better season statistically and got his team to the Superbowl? What did Favre do other than make erectile disfunction commercials? I know it's heresy to say ANYTHING bad about Favre to you guys but seriously, get a grip. He's certainly not going to be better next year in his 17th season in the league and Grossman is only going to get better after leading his team to the Superbowl in his first full season as a starter. It might not sound palatable to your ears, but it's pretty plain as day to me. And I don't even like Grossman.

TitleTown088
02-03-2007, 02:34 PM
BF i also remeber you saying Greg Jennings would be nothing special either. Have you changed your mind on that one too?

GB12
02-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Wow you are such a ******* dumbass. get out of our thread you homer, you have zero credibility. Ben Taylor kicks ass, Franks will return to atleast a top 12 TE next season, and the Packers have a much better chance than the Bears to win the North.

TitleTown088
02-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Sooo is anyone going to be happy with the outcome of this superbowl unless manning gets hurt on the first play and Sorgie leads them to victory?

bearsfan_51
02-03-2007, 02:37 PM
BF i also remeber you saying Greg Jennins would be nothing special either. Have you changed your mind on that one too?
I don't remember saying that, but I may have. If so yeah I've definately changed my mind. I may have as early as the 2nd week of the preseason as I remember being high on him for quite a while. If anything that was likely a post-draft comment.

I also said Devin Hester was a bad pick....so it's not a matter of being a homer.

bearsfan_51
02-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Wow you are such a *********** dumbass. get out of our thread you homer, you have zero credibility. Ben Taylor kicks ass, Franks will return to atleast a top 12 TE next season, and the Packers have a much better chance than the Bears to win the North.
:lol:

TitleTown088
02-03-2007, 02:38 PM
BF i also remeber you saying Greg Jennins would be nothing special either. Have you changed your mind on that one too?
I don't remember saying that, but I may have. If so yeah I've definately changed my mind. I may have as early as the 2nd week of the preseason as I remember being high on him for quite a while. If anything that was likely a post-draft comment.

I also said Devin Hester was a bad pick....so it's not a matter of being a homer.

I don't think anyone saw Hester comming. But yeah you did say that, i remember it pretty well.

bearsfan_51
02-03-2007, 02:40 PM

I don't think anyone saw Hester comming. But yeah you did say that, i remember it pretty well.
Well if I did I'm sure my stalker ny129013098431 will pull it up.

GB12
02-03-2007, 02:41 PM

I was high on Hester, but in no way did I think he was worthy of a second rounder. I would have loved the Packers to take him in the third or later.

Boston
02-03-2007, 02:41 PM

Come on now. You're reaching on those.

bearsfan_51
02-03-2007, 02:45 PM

Both were said by numerous peoples. The Taylor one was almost a consensus.

I also said you guys were overrating Marquand Manuel based off of less than one season of play.

Jim Jim
02-03-2007, 02:46 PM
:lol: :lol:

You guys are funny.

Obviously I was wrong about Kampman (I'd love to find any of you that predicted he would have 15+ sacks) but I've also been the lone voice on a lot of things when you guys wanted to lather each other's nutsacks in homerism.

-"The NFC North will be a wide open division"

-"The Bears are going to choke just like they did in 2001"

-"Rex Grossman is going to get hurt for the season again"

So give me a break about credibility, please.

As for the Grossman comment, I really don't see the big deal. Grossman had a just as good if not better season statistically and got his team to the Superbowl? What did Favre do other than make erectile disfunction commercials? I know it's heresy to say ANYTHING bad about Favre to you guys but seriously, get a grip. He's certainly not going to be better next year in his 17th season in the league and Grossman is only going to get better after leading his team to the Superbowl in his first full season as a starter. It might not sound palatable to your ears, but it's pretty plain as day to me. And I don't even like Grossman.

I never said any of those, but that doesn't change the fact that you have zero-credibility and need to stop trying to start flamewars in our threads with comments you know are going to evoke responses.

TitleTown088
02-03-2007, 02:47 PM

I also said you guys were overrating Marquand Manuel based off of less than one season of play. yeah what packer fans didn't realize was that manuel had recently turned into a butt pirate, man i hate manuel.

Boston
02-03-2007, 02:49 PM

I also said you guys were overrating Marquand Manuel based off of less than one season of play.

I overrated Manuel, but I, personally, hated Taylor.