PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

4pAc
02-03-2007, 02:50 PM
I'll take the Favre sig if whoever won the sig bet (gb 12 or javon) doesnt want it

bearsfan_51
02-03-2007, 02:52 PM
:lol: :lol:

You guys are funny.

Obviously I was wrong about Kampman (I'd love to find any of you that predicted he would have 15+ sacks) but I've also been the lone voice on a lot of things when you guys wanted to lather each other's nutsacks in homerism.

-"Ben Taylor will be a fine starting OLB"

-"The NFC North will be a wide open division"

-"The Bears are going to choke just like they did in 2001"

-"Rex Grossman is going to get hurt for the season again"

-"Bubba Franks is still a top ten TE when healthy"

So give me a break about credibility, please.

As for the Grossman comment, I really don't see the big deal. Grossman had a just as good if not better season statistically and got his team to the Superbowl? What did Favre do other than make erectile disfunction commercials? I know it's heresy to say ANYTHING bad about Favre to you guys but seriously, get a grip. He's certainly not going to be better next year in his 17th season in the league and Grossman is only going to get better after leading his team to the Superbowl in his first full season as a starter. It might not sound palatable to your ears, but it's pretty plain as day to me. And I don't even like Grossman.

I never said any of those, but that doesn't change the fact that you have zero-credibility and need to stop trying to start flamewars in our threads with comments you know are going to evoke responses.
The original was a comment made in an NFL forum that Boston copied and pasted in here.

Nice try though.

GB12
02-03-2007, 02:52 PM
I'll take the Favre sig if whoever won the sig bet (gb 12 or javon) doesnt want it

javon did, I don't know why he hasn't put it up yet. I'll take it if he doesn't want it as I was next closest. :wink:

4pAc
02-03-2007, 02:54 PM

javon did, I don't know why he hasn't put it up yet. I'll take it if he doesn't want it as I was next closest. :wink:oh poop, the scott wright sig you have is so much cooler

Jim Jim
02-03-2007, 02:56 PM

You guys are funny.

Obviously I was wrong about Kampman (I'd love to find any of you that predicted he would have 15+ sacks) but I've also been the lone voice on a lot of things when you guys wanted to lather each other's nutsacks in homerism.

As for the Grossman comment, I really don't see the big deal. Grossman had a just as good if not better season statistically and got his team to the Superbowl? What did Favre do other than make erectile disfunction commercials? I know it's heresy to say ANYTHING bad about Favre to you guys but seriously, get a grip. He's certainly not going to be better next year in his 17th season in the league and Grossman is only going to get better after leading his team to the Superbowl in his first full season as a starter. It might not sound palatable to your ears, but it's pretty plain as day to me. And I don't even like Grossman.

I never said any of those, but that doesn't change the fact that you have zero-credibility and need to stop trying to start flamewars in our threads with comments you know are going to evoke responses.
The original was a comment made in an NFL forum that Boston copied and pasted in here.

Nice try though.

It doesn't matter though, you still lack common sense.

bearsfan_51
02-03-2007, 02:59 PM

You guys are funny.

Nice try though.

It doesn't matter though, you still lack common sense.
Right, good point. Should have seen that Kampman season coming.

Sorry to insult your boyfriend, but as far as common sense goes don't you find it odd that only Packers fans and Sean Salisbury still think Favre is a top NFL QB? Make a thread in the NFL thread about whether Grossman or Favre will have a better season next year. You might be suprised at the outcome. But whatever...most of you guys are so completely hopeless and out to lunch when it comes to your "God" that it wouldn't matter anyway.

Jim Jim
02-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Somebody's being a negative Nancy, huh.

Of course nobody is going to think Favre is a top notch quarterback anymore, especially rival teams. The other NFL fans don't religiously follow the happenings, the arrivals and departures, every single game and play like a fan of the team does.

And of course, public opinion is that Brett Favre isn't what he was in '96, but he still has good stats and has had to carry a team with his arm for the past few years.

Brett Favre makes fantastic throws, is one of the lesser sacked QBs in the league and as soon as he gets an established game, Favre won't have to throw the ball fifty-to-sixty times a game.

Rex Grossman didn't carry your team, sweetheart. Your defense and special teams did that.

Rex Grossman is a horrendous passer, decision maker and player. He can't lead a team on his own. And he shouldn't, football is a team sport, but Brett Favre has actually had to do most of the offensive production himself the last few years..

He's still only had one losing season his entire career.

This doesn't change the fact that you're a homer for your Bears and that you lack common sense.

I don't know what you're trying to prove, but maybe you should try harder sweetpea.

4pAc
02-03-2007, 03:06 PM

Of course nobody is going to think Favre is a top notch quarterback anymore, especially rival teams. The other NFL fans don't religiously follow the happenings, the arrivals and departures, every single game and play like a fan of the team does.

And of course, public opinion is that Brett Favre isn't what he was in '96, but he still has good stats and has had to carry a team with his arm for the past few years.

Brett Favre makes fantastic throws, is one of the lesser sacked QBs in the league and as soon as he gets an established game, Favre won't have to throw the ball fifty-to-sixty times a game.

Rex Grossman didn't carry your team, sweetheart. Your defense and special teams did that.

Rex Grossman is a horrendous passer, decision maker and player. He can't lead a team on his own. And he shouldn't, football is a team sport, but Brett Favre has actually had to do most of the offensive production himself the last few years..

This doesn't change the fact that you're a homer for your Bears and that you lack common sense.

I don't know what you're trying to prove, but maybe you should try harder sweetpea. :lol:

02-03-2007, 04:04 PM
I took the sig

jackalope
02-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Bearsfan51 always brings up that he predicted Ben Taylor wouldn't be good. it's so annoying. no one seemed to think that he'd really be that good. the most anyone said was that he'd be a solid starter.

if Brett Favre was the QB of the Bears they would be much better.

PACKmanN
02-03-2007, 05:02 PM

Come on now. You're reaching on those.
Both were said by numerous peoples. The Taylor one was almost a consensus.

I also said you guys were overrating Marquand Manuel based off of less than one season of play.Its not that he good its that he not a coverage guy. He an in-the-box SS and our DB coach wasnt using him right.

ny10804
02-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Alright guys, let's get the facts straight -- I only brought up the Aaron Kampman quote for comic appeal, just showing how wrong it was. Brett Favre is not the Brett Favre of '96 or '04. His arm strength is probably 90% of what it was in '04, and his accuracy 85%. He is however, still in the top half of starting quarterbacks in the NFL, and his recent depreciation is correlative to his support cast and circumstances.

He set his career high for pass attempts in '05 and broke it in '06. The result, 2 of his three worst seasons of his career. His passing yards per attempt -- 2 of his three worst in his career. Touchdowns -- 2 of his 4 worst of his career. The reason: he isn't throwing because the gameplan dictates it, he is throwing due to a bad running game and being behind in the game. He has to throw for the Pack to have a chance -- and when he is doing this, he is at his worst. He is at his best when the run game is going strong.

Rushing Yards | QB Rating

1992 | 1555 | 85.3
1993 | 1619 | 72.2
1994 | 1543 | 90.7
1995 | 1428 | 99.5
1996 | 1838 | 95.8
1997 | 1909 | 92.6
1998 | 1526 | 87.8
1999 | 1519 | 74.7
2000 | 1643 | 78.0
2001 | 1769 | 94.1
2002 | 1933 | 85.6
2003 | 2558 | 90.4
2004 | 1908 | 92.4
2005 | 1352 | 70.9
2006 | 1663 | 72.7

Average | 1718 | 85.1

The only seasons where this correlation isn't clear are 1992, 1994, 1995, and 1998 -- Brett's prime.

My point is, with the development of the o-line, possibility of Marshawn Lynch teaming with Green, the rushing game will improve. Also, assuming the defense will be playing better -- meaning the offense won't be playing from behind = more pass attempts, this only will lead to more rushing attempts.

My prediction is that the rushing game ups its yardage to 1800, and Brett has an 82-84 passer rating - this guess is taking into account Brett's natural decline in play.

someone447
02-03-2007, 07:32 PM
I do like how Steve Young said Brett Favre is the best QB in the history of the game. Now, I don't agree with that(alright, I know I am going to hell for saying that, but I'm pretty sure Im going there anyway) but it's nice to hear one of the best QBs in NFL history to say that.

Big_Brother
02-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Thank you ny, you basically summed up my thoughts while reading this flamewar 100%.

Favre gives the Pack the best chance to win, and that's the bottom line for me. It is not unrealistic to think Brett can do better next season, but it is unrealistic to think he's still an "elite" QB.

Who are you guys cheering for in the game tomorrow? I contemplated cheering for the Bears because they remind me of the Badgers football team, never appreciated or predicted to win yet still pull it off somehow.
But the endless drivel of Bears fans in the past few weeks along with the bandwagoners who miraculously appeared in the playoffs has pushed me back across the I-hate-Peyton-enough-to-cheer-for-the-bears line...

Empire
02-03-2007, 08:22 PM
I know I haven't been on these forms for very long but why exactly is a Bears fan on a Packers team thread. Doesn't he have something better to do with his life? I've never seen Packer fans parading around in the Bears thread.

TitleTown088
02-03-2007, 08:32 PM
I know I haven't been on these forms for very long but why exactly is a Bears fan on a Packers team thread. Doesn't he have something better to do with his life? I've never seen Packer fans parading around in the Bears thread.

I do somtimes, but you must be careful because over there they will try to turn you into flamer like all of them..

johbur
02-03-2007, 08:49 PM

I don't know what you're trying to prove, but maybe you should try harder sweetpea.

Snap.

Empire
02-03-2007, 09:00 PM

I do somtimes, but you must be careful because over there they will try to turn you into flamer like all of them..

But it seems as if this Bears fan is more of a regular of this thread than some Packers fans are. It doesn't make any sense. There is a Bears thread for a reason.

GB12
02-03-2007, 09:30 PM

But it seems as if this Bears fan is more of a regular of this thread than some Packers fans are. It doesn't make any sense. There is a Bears thread for a reason.

It not a big deal, some are just making it to this whole thing.

49ersfan_87
02-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Are there any indications that packer management are unhappy with how rodgers has been progressing? From what you guys can tell, do they seem happy with him?

GB12
02-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Are there any indications that packer management are unhappy with how rodgers has been progressing? From what you guys can tell, do they seem happy with him?

Well they haven't done anything to indicate they don't like him. He looked alright in preseason and aside from the New England blowout that's all he has had. From what I heard McCarthy's vote was to go with him over Smith so he likes him aswell. Will he be the answer, I don't know but he'll definetly be in the plans for the future.

ImBrotherCain
02-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I do like how Steve Young said Brett Favre is the best QB in the history of the game. Now, I don't agree with that(alright, I know I am going to hell for saying that, but I'm pretty sure Im going there anyway) but it's nice to hear one of the best QBs in NFL history to say that.

I agree with Steve that Favre is the greatest.... no one in the entire world should deny that he is in the top 5 of all time which automaticly puts him in contention for greatest QB of all time.

Here is why i think he is the best:
3 MVP's (only one to ever do so, not to mention that they were consecutive
Most likely will own most, if not all passing records.
Been to 2 superbowls, won one.
Easily the best gunslinger of all time.
there is more but im tired and cant think...

Edit: people have to understand this is my oppinion so lets not get all huffy puffy over this umm kay

PACKmanN
02-03-2007, 10:16 PM
which of our FA do you think we should resign? IMO;

Corey Williams; he was dominate and i still remember watching the Queens game and how he was just pushing Huch like he nothing.
Dave Ryaner; every kicker has missed an XP noone should hate him for that its a comman thing.
Cullen Jenkins; We need to keep him, he can bring his older brother in if the Panters cut him. Also this guy is amazing agaisnt the run.
Donald Lee; this guy is our problem solver for the TE postion, guys remember TT just gave Franks a new contract he not going to bring anyone form FA or draft someone form the frist day.

IMO we keep thoses players and draft young talent to add to our team.

GB12
02-03-2007, 11:45 PM

Corey Williams; he was dominate and i still remember watching the Queens game and how he was just pushing Huch like he nothing.
Dave Ryaner; every kicker has missed an XP noone should hate him for that its a comman thing.
Cullen Jenkins; We need to keep him, he can bring his older brother in if the Panters cut him. Also this guy is amazing agaisnt the run.
Donald Lee; this guy is our problem solver for the TE postion, guys remember TT just gave Franks a new contract he not going to bring anyone form FA or draft someone form the frist day.

Williams we are definetly keeping, will start next to Pickett. Rayner's staying. Jenkins will start at TE. No way Panthers release Kris. Lee is questionable, either him or Martin will be gone. I don't see how you can say he's our problem solver, he had his chance and didn't do much. I think it was Sherman who gave Franks the contract. What the hell are you talking about with the last part? It's almost certain one of those will happen, and better happen.

Boston
02-03-2007, 11:55 PM

Williams we are definetly keeping, will start next to Pickett. Rayner's staying. Jenkins will start at TE. No way Panthers release Kris. Lee is questionable, either him or Martin will be gone. I don't see how you can say he's our problem solver, he had his chance and didn't do much. I think it was Sherman who gave Franks the contract. What the hell are you talking about with the last part? It's almost certain one of those will happen, and better happen.

That would be interesting.

Now, this is just a thought. But as you've all probably heard, Favre is "so excited" about coming back next year. But does anybody think that TT may have told him his plans concerning free agency? Just a thought.

PACKmanN
02-04-2007, 12:29 AM

That would be interesting.

Now, this is just a thought. But as you've all probably heard, Favre is "so excited" about coming back next year. But does anybody think that TT may have told him his plans concerning free agency? Just a thought.the only reason he came back so early was because TT and MM wanted him to say if he coming back or not before FA began.

GB12
02-04-2007, 12:45 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=561223

eagleseye
02-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Any quotes from Rodgers on Favre coming back?

BTW- If Rodgers requested a trade, what do you think we could get for him? A 4th round pick this year and next year?

jackalope
02-04-2007, 09:15 AM

BTW- If Rodgers requested a trade, what do you think we could get for him? A 4th round pick this year and next year?Rodgers has always seemed fine about backing up Favre. he won't demand a trade.

good article on Favre.

GB12
02-04-2007, 11:42 AM

BTW- If Rodgers requested a trade, what do you think we could get for him? A 4th round pick this year and next year?Rodgers has always seemed fine about backing up Favre. he won't demand a trade.

good article on Favre.

And we better not trade him.

1) He was our first round pick
2) Won't get equal value
3) Hasn't started a game, we don't know what he can do
4) Brett's back this year, but soon we'll need someone else. If we trade him away we have to start all over.

Pack_Attack_4
02-04-2007, 11:58 AM
How long do we have to wait for this moss trade,like can it be done now or do we hav to wait for the superbowl to be over or for free agency to begin?

Favre4
02-04-2007, 12:05 PM
youre acting like the packers and raiders have agreed to a trade. are there credible people suggesting this is going to happen? it seems too good to be true.

GB12
02-04-2007, 12:16 PM
youre acting like the packers and raiders have agreed to a trade. are there credible people suggesting this is going to happen? it seems too good to be true.

No, it's just talk right now. I'd love for it to happen, but I think in the end he stays a Raider.

Pack_Attack_4
02-04-2007, 12:21 PM
i dont tink its really gonna happen but if it does favre to moss is a match made in heaven.

TitleTown088
02-04-2007, 03:53 PM

BTW- If Rodgers requested a trade, what do you think we could get for him? A 4th round pick this year and next year?

Rodgers sais earlier this year he was prepared to sit two more seasons.

PackerFan20
02-04-2007, 07:32 PM

The first three def. but Lee we may not need to if we plan on getting a TE in the draft.

Damix
02-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Does Koren Robinson come back next year?

PackerFan20
02-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Does Koren Robinson come back next year?
I forgot about him, if he we keep him yeah he will be back, that fixes special teams and gives us a #4 or 3wr

The Legend
02-04-2007, 07:57 PM
How long do we have to wait for this moss trade,like can it be done now or do we hav to wait for the superbowl to be over or for free agency to begin?

after pro bowl that monday i belive

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-04-2007, 08:29 PM

after pro bowl that monday i beliveso is that next monday?

Jim Jim
02-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey guys, remember when sweetheart said that Rex Grossman would surpass Brett Favre next year.

He was wrong, lol lol.

PacMan
02-04-2007, 08:44 PM
I heard there was a rumor that Duh Bears are interested in acquiring Nick Collins from GB. They want to convert him to WR cause he's so good at catching Grossman's passes. IDK that's just a rumor goin around.....don't know if it's true or not????

ImBrotherCain
02-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey guys, remember when sweetheart said that Rex Grossman would surpass Brett Favre next year.

He was wrong, lol lol.

I know lol, lets talk about who has won a superbowl ummm not Grossman

TitleTown088
02-04-2007, 09:14 PM
I don't see how you guys can honestly make fun of the bears. They got into the superbowl and we didn't. They should be making fun of us.

bearsfan_51
02-04-2007, 09:16 PM

He was wrong, lol lol.
No I'm not. The Bears are still lightyears ahead of the Packers. Just because we lost in the Superbowl doesn't mean the Packers don't still suck. He'll be back playing the playoffs and the Packers won't. It's really not that complicated.

bearsfan_51
02-04-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't see how you guys can honestly make fun of the bears. They got into the superbowl and we didn't. They should be making fun of us.
Wow.....and you of all people too....

TitleTown088
02-04-2007, 09:21 PM

gotta be an Ahole to me even when i try to compliment you?

bearsfan_51
02-04-2007, 09:22 PM

:lol:
Sorry..you just caught me offguard.

someone447
02-04-2007, 09:32 PM
THE BEARS STILL SUCK, THE BEARS STILL SUCK!!! Would you still take Grossman over Favre?

TitleTown088
02-04-2007, 09:33 PM

yeah, BTW 8-8 with a young team isn't exactly sucking...

bearsfan_51
02-04-2007, 09:37 PM
THE BEARS STILL SUCK, THE BEARS STILL SUCK!!! Would you still take Grossman over Favre?
Would I take a young QB with his career ahead of him who took his team to the Superbowl in his first full year as a starter over a 37 year old Quarterback with one year left in the league? Yeah I think so. But hey..when your organization is planning their big push for a wildcard next year I can understand your reasoning.

sweetness34
02-04-2007, 09:39 PM

yeah, BTW 8-8 with a young team isn't exactly sucking...

With playing the AFC East, NFC West, and NFC North it's not that great for a team with playoff aspirations. The road only gets tougher next year for this division in playing the AFC West and NFC East.

someone447
02-04-2007, 09:40 PM
http://www.mindlesscrap.com/data/bears.zip

The best song EVER!!!

sik wit it
02-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Would I take a young QB with his career ahead of him who took his team to the Superbowl in his first full year as a starter over a 37 year old Quarterback with one year left in the league? Yeah I think so. But hey..when your organization is planning their big push for a wildcard next year I can understand your reasoning.
thank you to the bears for emberassing not only yourselves but the city of chicago, the nfc, and the nfc north. I'd rather have a blind monkey be at the helm instead of Rex. Oh well, at least the Packers will be back on top by next year and show everybody whats up.

bearsfan_51
02-04-2007, 09:47 PM
thank you to the bears for emberassing not only yourselves but the city of chicago, the nfc, and the nfc north. I'd rather have a blind monkey be at the helm instead of Rex. Oh well, at least the Packers will be back on top by next year and show everybody whats up.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Smokey Joe
02-04-2007, 09:50 PM
WTF is wrong with you packer fans? It makes no sense to me for fans of a team ripping on a team that did MUCH better then them. Can't you guys be decent human being for once?

GB12
02-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Oh my God I hate this. Everyone shut up about the Bears. By bashing them all you're doing is making yourselfe look bad, which results in all of us looking bad. We are in no position to say anything, now shut up.

Primetime21
02-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Bearfan, the sad thing is, you're content with just making it to the superbowl. When the packers go, they go to win. That's where these organizations differ. Everyone knew that they don't have the quarterback to win a championship. You can't even compare dilfer to Rex. Dilfer never took a game off. He never used New Year's as an excuse not to play. The guy just played. His attitude is why the bears will never win the bowl with him at the helm.

I guess you can keep saying, there's always next year. Just remember, the packers will improve. They were the youngest team in the league. While your defense is only getting older. They carried that team into the playoffs. Not rex.

Just like the cubs kid....can't win it when it really matters. All hype...

GDawg239
02-04-2007, 09:53 PM
what do u guys think GB gonna give for Moss, 1st or second round pick, Walker was traded away for a 2nd, so Moss could be bought for a 2nd

bearsfan_51
Bearfan, the sad thing is, you're content with just making it to the superbowl. When the packers go, they go to win. That's where these organizations differ. Everyone knew that they don't have the quarterback to win a championship. You can't even compare dilfer to Rex. Dilfer never took a game off. He never used New Year's as an excuse not to play. The guy just played. His attitude is why the bears will never win the bowl with him at the helm.

I guess you can keep saying, there's always next year. Just remember, the packers will improve. They were the youngest team in the league. While your defense is only getting older. They carried that team into the playoffs. Not rex.

Are you talking to me? When did I ever....

A) Say I was content with losing?
B) Compare Grossman to Dilfer?

As for the attitude, you guys should know better than anyone that people said Brett Favre's flippant attitude would keep them from ever winning a championship. He used to throw the ball up for grabs at least 4-5 times per game. People grow, they mature. You have no idea what will happen and neither do I.

And I forgot that the Packers never lost a Superbowl? :?

GB12
what do u guys think GB gonna give for Moss, 1st or second round pick, Walker was traded away for a 2nd, so Moss could be bought for a 2nd

:lol: Very funny.

Primetime21
02-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Bearfan-
Good point. I just get sick of hearing how Grossman hasn't been that bad this season. I'm sorry but if you would have had favre in the game tonight, the outcome would have been a little different. It's a shame that your defense has to suffer from a lack of offense.

someone447
02-04-2007, 09:59 PM
The Packers and Bears are rivals, so they should always have schadenfreude. I certainly take pleasure in the Bears losing. I don't care if they did better or not. 2nd place is just first loser. We don't go onto the bears thread like they come to ours. It only makes us look bad if we go into their thread mocking them. As long as we stay in ours, it should be none of their business.

Losing in the Super Bowl and not making the playoffs have the same outcome. Every team but the Colts are considered losers for this year. So we can make fun of the Bears, because after all, THE BEARS STILL SUCK, THE BEARS STILL SUCK. Hell, even had they won, I would have came back here saying that. It is the greatest song of all time.

PACKmanN
02-04-2007, 09:59 PM
you can easly tell who are the little kids on this site.

sweetness34
02-04-2007, 10:00 PM

Rex won us game this season, and he did so in the playoffs as well. He didn't carry us but he certainly wasn't "along for the ride." He made plays in his own right this season; hell you could say he won us 3 or 4 games this year on big plays.

Kyle Orton was "along for the ride" last year. Rex helped lead this team to the Superbowl in his first season as a starter.

I'm not going to mention anything about the "talking crap." This is your forum and you can say whatever the hell you want, just please keep it out of our forum if you could. Thank you.

Primetime21
02-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Bearfan-
Good point. Fair enough.

Someone-
I really like your posts. lol

someone447
02-04-2007, 10:06 PM
You guys take this way too seriously. WE ARE RIVALS, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO GIVE EACH OTHER CRAP. I live in Texas, so I am constantly in contact with Cowboy fans, another team that hate each other. The Vikings are the third team, the Lions would be, but they are, well the lions, and its like rubbing salt on the wound.

You should actually like the fact that we care enough about your team to talk crap, that means that we have a reason to. How often did Packer fans even care about the Bears in the 90's? How often did Bears fans care about the Packers in the 80s? If there is crap talking their is a rivalry. These Rivalries are what makes the NFC North the most exciting division in the NFL. All you guys need to realize that the Packers and the Bears will always hate each other. Either team would be at least somewhat content going 2-14, as long as they beat the other both times. The same can be said for Packers/Vikings and Broncos/Chiefs.

No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Edit: THE BEARS STILL SUCK!!!

jpapa4490
02-04-2007, 10:13 PM
the only thing that gets me worked up is bear fans calling us idiots in OUR thread and act like we shouldn't be talking them down. It just gets old after awhile.

ny10804
02-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Someone is on a hot streak.

Number 10
02-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Acting like first time drunk 13 year olds when trash talking isn't what a rivalry is all about.

Go check out how the NFC East teams talk to each other in regards to their rivalries.

sik wit it
02-04-2007, 10:25 PM
did any of you guys think the commercial with favre in it was kinda offensive to him. The way I saw it it seemed they were taking a shot at him.

Favre4
02-04-2007, 10:29 PM
that is horse crap. i live in green bay and in 98' i head it for month after the packers dropped the super bowl to the broncos. we are in a position to say whatever we feel necessary. no matter how vulgar.

Number 10
02-04-2007, 10:32 PM
that is horse crap. i live in green bay and in 98' i head it for month after the packers dropped the super bowl to the broncos. we are in a position to say whatever we feel necessary. no matter how vulgar.

Of course you have the right to say anything within the rules of the forum. But how you act and what you say gives Packer fans an image created by everyone who reads it and let me tell you....Packer fans on this board are not doing a quality represenation from what I read on this forum.

Vince Lombardi
02-04-2007, 10:46 PM
As a Packers fan I can say that some comments in here are even baffling to me. Talkin' smack is all good and part of the game, but some of this stuff borders on delusions of grandeur. The funniest (and most ironic) part of it all is that Number 10 is here trying to be the moral authority for the GB thread when he, of all people, is one of the biggest homers on this board. Gotta love the dynamics of NFLDC. :lol:

I'm as happy as anybody that the Bears lost, but I won't kick em' while they're down......until tomorrow. :twisted:

sik wit it
02-04-2007, 10:46 PM

Of course you have the right to say anything within the rules of the forum. But how you act and what you say gives Packer fans an image created by everyone who reads it and let me tell you....Packer fans on this board are not doing a quality represenation from what I read on this forum.
after you hear bf51 come in here everyday and talk sauce about the packers, that gives us the right to rub it in. Its deserving and I'm sure that if an NFC east team emberassed themselves in the super bowl you would be choppin at the bit to rip on them.

GB12
02-04-2007, 10:47 PM
As a Packers fan I can say that some comments in here are even baffling to me. Talkin' smack is all good and part of the game, but some of this stuff borders on delusions of grandeur. The funniest (and most ironic) part of it all is that Number 10 is here trying to be the moral authority for the GB thread when he, of all people, is one of the biggest homers on this board. Gotta love the dynamics of NFLDC. :lol:

I'm as happy as anybody that the Bears lost, but I won't kick em' while they're down......until tomorrow. :twisted:

Well said for the mosy part.

Vince Lombardi
02-04-2007, 10:49 PM

after you hear bf51 come in here everyday and talk sauce about the packers, that gives us the right to rub it in. Its deserving and I'm sure that if an NFC east team emberassed themselves in the super bowl you would be choppin at the bit to rip on them.

Come on now, we all know that there's nothing but the utmost respect and civility between Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, and Eagles fans. :wink: :lol:

Number 10
02-04-2007, 10:51 PM

The copout homer talk.....ah yes. Example please? Please don't bring up the Osi scenario because if one statement makes me a homer, there isn't a person on this board that isn't a homer.

Number 10
02-04-2007, 10:52 PM

I would give them a jab here and there, but I would not say the things that the majority of you do. After all....if that were the Eagles or Cowboys that played bad in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl, I would give them a pat on the back before anything else because they would have been there and we would have been wishing we were there. Period.

bearsfan_51
02-04-2007, 10:55 PM

I generally come in here because somebody says something idiotic about either me or the Bears.

And I picked the Colts to win, so you aren't rubbing anything in on me.

sik wit it
02-04-2007, 10:58 PM

I would give them a jab here and there, but I would not say the things that the majority of you do. After all....if that were the Eagles or Cowboys that played bad in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl, I would give them a pat on the back before anything else because they would have been there and we would have been wishing we were there. Period.
i dont want to question you as a person but i highly doubt that

Number 10
02-04-2007, 11:02 PM

i dont want to question you as a person but i highly doubt that

After the loss to the Cowboys after Thanksgiving.....we barely lost despite how banged up we were and I still went into their thread right after and complimented them right after...same with the 2 losses to the Eagles.

PackerFan20
02-04-2007, 11:05 PM

So what your saying is that when bears fans come here, to the green bay discussion thread and trash talk us tht we are wrong when we are defending ourselves on our own turf?
Also go to a game and trash talk the home team, watch what happens. I've been to alot of Skins games and know how their fans get mad at trash talkin new yorkers

Number 10
02-04-2007, 11:15 PM

So what your saying is that when bears fans come here, to the green bay discussion thread and trash talk us tht we are wrong when we are defending ourselves on our own turf?
Also go to a game and trash talk the home team, watch what happens. I've been to alot of Skins games and know how their fans get mad at trash talkin new yorkers

There are idiot fans from every team. Just thought you may want to be on the other side of the fence, that's all.

someone447
02-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Like I said, the Rivalry and the trash talking between the Bears/Packers and Vikings/Packers is what makes the NFC North the most exciting division in the NFL. If you aren't a mod, bears fan, or packers fan, kindly stay out of our rivalry. Hell, I would rather the mods do too, but I've seen what happens when message boards aren't modded.

PackerFan20
02-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Like I said, the Rivalry and the trash talking between the Bears/Packers and Vikings/Packers is what makes the NFC North the most exciting division in the NFL. If you aren't a mod, bears fan, or packers fan, kindly stay out of our rivalry. Hell, I would rather the mods do too, but I've seen what happens when message boards aren't modded.
Just because he isnt part of the rivalry/mod doesnt mean de doesnt have the right to post here

someone447
02-04-2007, 11:39 PM
He can add something constructive, but he has no reason to get involved in anything having to do with the Packers/Bears rivalry.

RaiderNation
02-05-2007, 12:24 AM
would any of u guys pay money for a brett farve rookie card?? i have one and if any of u guys want it send me a PM sayn how much ud pay for it

TitleTown088
02-05-2007, 12:38 AM
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6018/commercialmi9.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/superad

sik wit it
02-05-2007, 12:53 AM

i asked a question before in the amidst of all the drama. I took that as a shot against favre errrr god.

Big_Brother
02-05-2007, 01:29 AM
I thought the commercial was funny... nothing wrong with not wanting to retire... unless A-Rodg finally showed some sign that he gives us a better chance to win...

And I actually respect the Bears and (most of) their fans. Its their radio hosts that really bug me, that and the 200+ Bears fans that showed up all of a sudden north of the border, I had to actually thank my friends that were Bears fans before the playoffs for being... well... fans...

In my lifetime anyways, there hasn't been near the level of hatred as there was towards say, the Vikings with Moss and Culpepper. The Bears actually seem to be respectful to the game and I'm a huge fan of their coach.

Who do you guys dislike (substitute hate if you please) more? The Vikings, Bears, or (I guess) Lions...?

someone447
02-05-2007, 01:32 AM
The teams I hate in order:
Vikings
Cowboys
Bears
The Lions hardly even count, maybe if they sometime become a good team I will grow to hate htem, but its like rubbing salt in the wound to hate them now.

PackerFan20
02-05-2007, 01:32 AM
Still cant find on myspace/youtube

Big_Brother
02-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Oh yea, my least favorite teams in order:

Broncos (Javon and the Super Bowl...)
Vikings (Mainly Moss & Cul still simmering)
Lions (I know it's piling on...)
Bucs (Blame Warren Sapp)
Raiders (Moss AND Sapp? Enough said)
Bears (Radio hosts and a few select fans)

Now I dont really HATE any of them (cept the first 2 maybe...), but thats who I would give a loss to if I had to.

TitleTown088
02-05-2007, 01:57 AM

i asked a question before in the amidst of all the drama. I took that as a shot against favre errrr god.

no, it's simply saying that his love for the game won't let him step away yet.

PackerFan20
02-05-2007, 02:23 AM
Bears
Boys
Vikes
Broncos
and temporarly the giants, the most least deserving team of a playoff bid this year

jackalope
02-05-2007, 08:22 AM
can't we just go back to after we beat the Bears in week 17 and none of them ever posted in our thread?

Primetime21
02-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Living 7 miles from the illinois border, I gotta have my most hated list as:
1.) Bears
2.) Viqueens - Sharper...u trader.
3.) Broncos -J Walk/Elway
4.) Lions
and thanks to number 10
5.) Giants

TitleTown088
02-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Am i the only packer fan who dosen't hate the broncos? I love Elway, he's such a stud.

someone447
02-05-2007, 09:37 AM
I don't hate the Broncos, just the 96-97 broncos. Elway is one of my favorite QBs of all time.

jackalope
02-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Am i the only packer fan who dosen't hate the broncos? I love Elway, he's such a stud.i don't hate them. i could care less about them.

roughrider30
02-05-2007, 11:05 AM
For me, living right next to Minnesota its not really close. I would say:

1. Vikings (Moss and Culpepper played a big part, but mostly all of the dumb**** fans I have to deal with every day.)

2. Bears (Next closest rival, I respect this team and fans much more than the vikes)
3. Cowboys (mainly from their team from the 90's, who seemed like they never lost to us.)

Gravedigger42
02-05-2007, 11:10 AM
A lot of Packer fans hate Denver for a few reasons.

1. When Elway was coming out of college he said one of the teams he wouldn't sign a contract with if drafted was GB.

2. Then he goes and beats us in the SB

3. Now Javon plays for them

sik wit it
02-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Vikings
Bears
Broncos
Cowboys

The reason why I hate the Vikings more than the Bears because I'm only 19 so for all my life I've only known the Packers dominating and the Vikings being our only competition in the NFC North. The bears were always at the bottom so I didn't really hate them because it was free easy wins. Now that they are halfway decent, I hate them more.

PacMan
02-05-2007, 12:36 PM
I grew up in Kenosha which is as close to Chicago as you can get. From my experiences growing up there most Bears fans suck. They are jerks. Thats just my experience, obviously there are mature Bear fans that don't let football blind them from reality. For those fans I'm respectful. Now I live in Minnesota. And I must say the last 5 years minus the playoff loss have been great. Especially I think it was 03 when Nate Poole caught the TD pass to beat the Vikes and put us in the playoffs. Viking fans aren't too bad. They're haters but that's because we have an awesome QB, a storied franchise and a beautiful home stadium. They have the exact opposite of those 3. So my list would go of most disliked teams.
1. Chicago Bears
2. Dallas Cowboys (sans Romo who's from Kenosha County)
3. Denver Broncos
4. Minnesota Vikings
5. Oakland Raiders

jbooshey
02-05-2007, 01:23 PM
I grew up in Kenosha which is as close to Chicago as you can get. From my experiences growing up there most Bears fans suck. They are jerks. Thats just my experience, obviously there are mature Bear fans that don't let football blind them from reality. For those fans I'm respectful. Now I live in Minnesota. And I must say the last 5 years minus the playoff loss have been great. Especially I think it was 03 when Nate Poole caught the TD pass to beat the Vikes and put us in the playoffs. Viking fans aren't too bad. They're haters but that's because we have an awesome QB, a storied franchise and a beautiful home stadium. They have the exact opposite of those 3. So my list would go of most disliked teams.
1. Chicago Bears
2. Dallas Cowboys (sans Romo who's from Kenosha County)
3. Denver Broncos
4. Minnesota Vikings
5. Oakland Raiders

I'm going to College in Kenosha and can't stand how many Chicago fans there are here...obviously a large Illinois population lives here, but it still bugs me because there is way too much arrogance in the air! Therefore I can't even enjoy watching anyone from Chicago (except Urlacher because he is a phenom)...I don't usually favor/despise teams outside of the Packers because I enjoy watching talented players so my list is short for hated teams:

1) Bears
2) Cowboys (the idea they call themselves America's team sickens me as much as Baseball being America's pasttime)
A distant 3rd) Vikqueens...not sure why but I don't hate them nearly as much as my parents...I think it is because I like Minnesota as a state

The Legend
02-05-2007, 01:23 PM

after pro bowl that monday i beliveso is that next monday?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1655&line=89000&spln=1

The Packers are believed to have spoken with Oakland, though that's not confirmed. There was a rumor that Brett Favre wants Moss on his team; the two are considered mutual admirers and share an agent. The St. Petersburg Times believes he could be had for a third-rounder, but we suspect the Packers' second-round pick might bring Moss to Green Bay

TitleTown088
02-05-2007, 01:47 PM
A lot of Packer fans hate Denver for a few reasons.

1. When Elway was coming out of college he said one of the teams he wouldn't sign a contract with if drafted was GB.

2. Then he goes and beats us in the SB

3. Now Javon plays for them

I didn't know that. What a D-bag.

roidrunner
02-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Living 7 miles from the illinois border, I gotta have my most hated list as:
1.) Bears
2.) Viqueens - Sharper...u trader.
3.) Broncos -J Walk/Elway
4.) Lions
and thanks to number 10
5.) Giants

where do you live???

GadoR'Savior
02-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Okay the Packers have more money than any other team to spend right? So the Packers could easily afford to get Moss if they make the trade and im also a huge, huge, huge fan of making a run at Turner from SD to split and soon take over at running back from Green ( I also love Marshawn but if you can grab Turner you can fill the need of saftey in the draft 1st round)

So if they can do these moves just look at the kinda team they will have!

QB: Favre
HB: Turner/Green
FB: Miree
WR: Moss, Driver, Jennings: Teams cant stop it, hell who u double cuz you cant stop moss one on one and you cant stop driver one on one!
TE: Franks (we need to still address)
T: Tauscher, Clifton with Moll backing up
G: College, Spitz played very well down the road
C Wells, I think he played very well

DEFENSE: Now that i am still in favor for Hodge in the middle and Barnett outside, but Hodge still needs to improve and it prob wont happen.
SE: Kampman= stud
WE: Jenkins, wow, he make the most of his oppurtunity+KGB pass downs
SDT: Pickett
WDT: Williams & Cole, make plays Cole stops the run Williams gets sacks
SOLB: Poppinga played solid but rather have Barnett out there
MLB: Barnett rather have Hodge
WOLB: Hawk great rookie season
CB:Woodson & Harris dual is great, cut down mistakes late in the season
FS: Collins, didnt play as well as his rookie season but still goin to be a star
SS:Draft Laundry or Nelson if ya can.

Tell me that is not a team that has a chance to make a run. Favre will have a field day with those 3 plus if u can find a play making TE. Wow thats all i can say

GB12
02-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Okay the Packers have more money than any other team to spend right? So the Packers could easily afford to get Moss if they make the trade and im also a huge, huge, huge fan of making a run at Turner from SD to split and soon take over at running back from Green ( I also love Marshawn but if you can grab Turner you can fill the need of saftey in the draft 1st round)

We don't have the most cap. We have plenty of room, but so does just about everyone else. Turner is a RFA so we would probably have to give up our first to get him. I would much rather use our first on Lynch than Turner.

LickaMahfeetz
02-05-2007, 03:15 PM
WTF is wrong with you packer fans? It makes no sense to me for fans of a team ripping on a team that did MUCH better then them. Can't you guys be decent human being for once?

Coming from the fans that made fun of the Katrina victims! :lol:

The Legend
02-05-2007, 03:19 PM
I think we should redo nick contract this off season and still keep him in the middle

to be honest i think Hawk would do a great job in the middle , but i would have Nick Barnett over hodge

the man has had 4 years with 100+ tackles

i know theres been people talking about moving him to outside i say maybe get another OLB like
(Briggs or June)

maybe trade Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila or a OLB

ImBrotherCain
02-05-2007, 03:31 PM
I think we should redo nick contract this off season and still keep him in the middle

to be honest i think Hawk would do a great job in the middle , but i would have Nick Barnett over hodge

the man has had 4 years with 100+ tackles

i know theres been people talking about moving him to outside i say maybe get another OLB like
(Briggs or June)

maybe trade Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila or a OLB

I am starting to get intrested in Briggs he did great last night. He is a big game player and he would give us the best linebacking core in the league :D

LickaMahfeetz
02-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Most Hated List
1- The damn Vikings.... those Barney look-a-like bastards!
2- Frickin' Cowboys... are you serious, the Cowboys never came to Green Bay, and as soon as they did, we stomped them.
3-Patriots... Why won't they just die already!

This is where it becomes more of a dislike
4- Bears... pretty self explantory
5- Lions... they're in the division so I guess they go up here by default

LickaMahfeetz
02-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Sorry to insult your boyfriend, but as far as common sense goes don't you find it odd that only Packers fans and Sean Salisbury still think Favre is a top NFL QB? Make a thread in the NFL thread about whether Grossman or Favre will have a better season next year. You might be suprised at the outcome. But whatever...most of you guys are so completely hopeless and out to lunch when it comes to your "God" that it wouldn't matter anyway.

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34920

Nope, exactly how I figured it would be.

RockJock07
02-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Briggs would be a player to add to this upcoming defense, But I wouldn't mind Cato June and spend the money elsewhere like Daniel Graham the TE from New England. If Graham resignes with New England I really am starting to like Olsen, the TE from the U.

Does anyone know where I can see some film on draft prospects?

jpapa4490
02-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Graham would be great, i forget if it was him or watson that ran for like a 60 YD after a catch last year against J-ville, but I think both of them can run pretty well for a TE and we might actually be able to use a TE other then in the redzone.

Jim Jim
02-05-2007, 04:48 PM

You shouldn't bothered, that guy has no credibility at all, of course he's going to be wrong about nearly everything pertaining to common sense.

ImBrotherCain
02-05-2007, 05:20 PM

You shouldn't bothered, that guy has no credibility at all, of course he's going to be wrong about nearly everything pertaining to common sense.

I realize this is a packer thread but lets not start any more wars here... We had 2-3 pages recently of crap i dont want to read, Bearsfan has his oppinion and is entitled to it. But if he could refrain from trolling our thread trying to start trouble it would be alot easier, im not asking him to stop posting in our thread im just asking him to not start fights. I mean who goes into a packers thread and says Favre is worse than Grossman, thats just asking to start a fight. Now im here to talk football so lets cut this little kid fighting and talk about what we should do this offseason

someone447
02-05-2007, 05:22 PM
He actually isn't a bad poster when it comes to anything but the packers. He even isn't too bad of a homer when talking about the bears. But as soon as the Packers come in, his common sense goes out the window. I actually quite enjoy most of his posts that aren't on the Packer board.

ImBrotherCain
02-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Idk im not intrested in a whole bunch of FA. I think we should go after 1 big name guy like Briggs or someone like that and let our team draft some future talent, like a lynch. But thats just my opinion

ImBrotherCain
02-05-2007, 05:23 PM
He actually isn't a bad poster when it comes to anything but the packers. He even isn't too bad of a homer when talking about the bears. But as soon as the Packers come in, his common sense goes out the window. I actually quite enjoy most of his posts that aren't on the Packer board.
i agree, but its just a bit agrivating to see 3 pages of arguments that i dont want to read.

bearsfan_51
02-05-2007, 05:23 PM

You might be the biggest ***** I've ever met in my life. You cry like a girl because I post in your thread yet you continually try to talk **** about me. As for the no credibility thread, go read the pro-bowl thread if you want, I got more votes for most knowledgeable poster on here outside of toonster, it's not something I would brag about but if you really want to go there fine. Nobody even knows who the **** you are.

And of course the votes are going to go that way after Grossman has a bad game in the Superbowl.

bearsfan_51
02-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks. I actually like a majority of you guys too. I wouldn't post in here if I didn't.

bearsfan_51
02-05-2007, 05:27 PM
And that WAS very misleading title.

I didn't say Grossman is the better QB. I said he had a better year this year (which he did) and would have a better year next year. The entire way you structured the question was completely biased.

Jim Jim
02-05-2007, 06:20 PM

I didn't say Grossman is the better QB. I said he had a better year this year (which he did) and would have a better year next year. The entire way you structured the question was completely biased.

Quit triple posting, and I don't care if you're known more on an internet message board than me. Congratulations, your parents must be very proud of you.

Nobody has personally attacked you, until you said people had boyfriends and that we were out of touch with our "God" when we said Favre would be better than Rex Grossman next year.

You were proven wrong in the vote.

And for my fellow Packers fans, this guy has insulted us and our love for our team plenty, you need to watch who you're endorsing.

Thanks.

aic4ever
02-05-2007, 06:42 PM

Quit triple posting, and I don't care if you're known more on an internet message board than me. Congratulations, your parents must be very proud of you.

Nobody has personally attacked you, until you said people had boyfriends and that we were out of touch with our "God" when we said Favre would be better than Rex Grossman next year.

And for my fellow Packers fans, this guy has insulted us and our love for our team plenty, you need to watch who you're endorsing.

Thanks.WOW...man your horse is high...how about you come back down to Earth with the rest of us...hes just busting chops because hes got to defend the fact that his team can never win a championship with Grossman at QB...stop crying like a little girl and take a shot back. You make us all look like weak little pansies that cant take a joke.

Jim Jim
02-05-2007, 06:47 PM

Thanks.WOW...man your horse is high...how about you come back down to Earth with the rest of us...hes just busting chops because hes got to defend the fact that his team can never win a championship with Grossman at QB...stop crying like a little girl and take a shot back. You make us all look like weak little pansies that cant take a joke.

I did take a shot at him. You can read that a few pages ago. I was defending the team. Yeah. Maybe you need to check yourself, buddy.

aic4ever
02-05-2007, 07:00 PM

I did take a shot at him. You can read that a few pages ago. I was defending the team. Yeah. Maybe you need to check yourself, buddy.I need to check nothing, double J, Im taking it upon myself to call out you and anybody else on the Packer thread that wants to whine about 51 being an idiot for the sake of being sarcastic. You and everyone else need to quit whining about as good a poster as 51 needling people on this thread. Take shots back. Theres no reason to attempt to call him out on it, as if that would possibly make any difference. The point is that its humorous and fun, not that anyones out to be after anyone or p*ss people off. Its much more fun to pop over into the Bears thread and needle them back. If enough people start, and keep whining, the mods are going to just shut sh*t down and then its no fun anymore.

GB12
02-05-2007, 07:05 PM

His knowledge on the Packers is better than some of the Packer fans I've seen on here.

Favre4
02-05-2007, 07:42 PM
wow the last few pages has been crap, sorry if ive added to any of it. as far a favre vs. grossman, i think the bears would have rather had favre starting for their team if they had to pick from quarterbacks on the packers and bears roster. steve young says he thinks brett is the best ever. he said it on national TV, its not like very few people think favre is good. for those who say favre should have hung it up, he is a much better quarterback than anyone else on our roster so it is better that he is still around.

Whistler6
02-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Like I said about 15 pages back, I used to come on here all the time to talk about the packers. Now it's just a bunch of people arguing. What are you accomplishing going back and forth on internet posting? making yourself look tough? no. shut the hell up and talk about Green Bay, Brett Favre, next season, the draft, the offseason, ANYTHING...my god. :x

sik wit it
02-05-2007, 08:27 PM

surprised he hasn't brought up his little ******** phd yet. He's kinda like the guy everyone thought was cool but then once we all got a brain we realized how we were dead wrong.

PacMan
02-05-2007, 08:36 PM
This is getting pathetic.....SOOOOOOOOO how bout the Packers drafting Laron landry. Maybe we address RB in free agency or put it off another year, or maybe Lynch is flat out gone. I like Lynch and try not to get my heart set on one guy cuz I have no control over it. I got faith TT will do the right thing. The draft is his strength as a GM.

badgerfan
02-05-2007, 08:49 PM
This is getting way out of control. Bears fans should stay out of our thread and packers fans should stay out of theirs. This is what a team thread is for. O, and the comment about knowing more about football than some Packer fans was i little too much. Everyone one here should agree that the people who post on these forums are not your average arm chair quarterbacks. I never played football. I ran track and cross country. But i am a diehard Football fan, not just a packer fan. You may not agree with what people say but keep the "idiot", "moron", and "stupid" comments out of it. Anyway, enough of my rambling. Bearsfan 51: I don't agree with you posting crap about the packers on our thread (unless some packer fan pulled that crap in your forum,) but I do respect your thoughts and insight on subjects outside of the bears and packers. You have some very valid points that I ofton agree with. I just want to say that i agree to disagree with you on some or most subjects about our teams. I apologize if i upset anyone. I can't wait until the combine.

ny10804
02-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Said Thompson [about Vince Young's supposed score of 6 on the wonderlic]: "I was told by someone that knows that it was categorically a lie and they were going to make some sort of public statement. There's people that are going to get in trouble about spreading things like that."

"I think you have to take the best player available when you're picking that high," Packers general manager Ted Thompson said with no hesitation Friday during a news briefing at the NFL scouting combine.

"My initial reaction was I'll be glad not to have to play against him twice a year," Thompson answered. "But at the same time, I'm sure the Vikings looked at it as a trade of value and they have an outstanding personnel department and I'm sure the value they got - in draft choices and Napoleon Harris - I'm sure they will try to improve their team."

"The draft - I've always felt like - should be viewed more in a long-term point of view, that it's a long-term investment in a player that you want with your team for the long-term," he stated. "But having said that, every team goes into free agency and the draft with particular areas that they would like to address. So you would like for the board to fall a certain way, but I think historically if you stick with value, you'll make a better investment for the long term."

The Randy Moss comment is interesting -- it tells me what he thinks of Moss as a player. I'm beginning to think he may give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him, his comments make it seem he thinks they could've done better. But again, he still loves the draft. Either way, we're going to a. get Moss, or b. get a good, young player. With Ted, it's a win-win situation, which is why I really like him.

Boston
02-05-2007, 08:51 PM
wow the last few pages has been crap, sorry if ive added to any of it. as far a favre vs. grossman, i think the bears would have rather had favre starting for their team if they had to pick from quarterbacks on the packers and bears roster. steve young says he thinks brett is the best ever. he said it on national TV, its not like very few people think favre is good. for those who say favre should have hung it up, he is a much better quarterback than anyone else on our roster so it is better that he is still around.

See, this is what should be common knowledge. But the arguement understandably so, always seems to turn to the "future." And with Rex being 20 something, and god being 37, Rex
wins.

Primetime21
02-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I like the thought of getting Laron landry. Lynch would be a sweet addition too. I think it all depends on the what happens before then. Is there really a chance the pack get Moss? I know it's been discussed to death, but I wonder how real this is. Any chance the Pack trade down??

PacMan
02-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Actually, now that I look AT IT, it's kinda funny. This is what Packer Bear rivalry is all about. Feels like Im back home in Kenosha agian.

ny10804
02-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I like the thought of getting Laron landry. Lynch would be a sweet addition too. I think it all depends on the what happens before then. Is there really a chance the pack get Moss? I know it's been discussed to death, but I wonder how real this is. Any chance the Pack trade down??

Trading down is always a possibility, but it's less likely this year for the following reason: our needs are getting smaller. Last year, there were glaring needs for a LB (Hawk), two guards (Colledge and Spitz), and WR (Jennings and Rodgers), to go along with moderate needs for more LB depth (Hodge), O-line depth (Moll), and secondary depth (Blackmon and Culver).

This year our glaring needs are: RB and TE. Moderate needs are: S, WR, return man, and secondary depth. We've reached a point where quality is trumping quantity.

The o-line is in place for the next 3 or 4 years (7 or 8 on the interior), LB is more or less set, QB is not an issue this year, our CBs are aging but competent for the next 1 to 3 years, the D-line is the strength of the team, and the two starting WR spots are covered sufficiently for the next couple years. It remains possible that Underwood or Culver can take the S spot from Manuel, but that is not certain.

But with Thompson, as has been stated by myself and others, he values players far differently than other GMs, and can land his man with a later choice -- hence the trade-downs. I expect 2 or 3 in '07.

Primetime21
02-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Ny, very good info. Definitely makes sense. Who would you draft?

As for the Defense, thoughts on KGB? And do we like Jenkins comin off the edge? I think DE is a need as well. And a return man could be used. Robinson comes back in week 2 or three right? He's got to stay clean too.

aic4ever
02-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Ny, very good info. Definitely makes sense. Who would you draft?

As for the Defense, thoughts on KGB? And do we like Jenkins comin off the edge? I think DE is a need as well. And a return man could be used. Robinson comes back in week 2 or three right? He's got to stay clean too. Jenkins had three sacks in non pass rushing situations in the Vikings game...granted it was against a raw rookie QB and a less than stellar o line, but still...he has got the tools to be a first through third down force. Ive mentioned it before but he feels a lot to me like hes got about a 50% chance of being Cletidus Hunt, round two. KGB could still be a factor on pass rushing downs, but I cant see him being effective too much more beyond that. We did draft Jason Hunter last season to groom him into being exactly that...a situational pass rusher. I cant really see DE being a major priority this offseason. I could see DE and DT being addresses with some project type guys in the later rounds.

bearsfan_51
02-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Like I said, most of you dudes are cool, thanks for showing some objectivity. Here's your thread back. Sorry for the ruckus. :wink:

aic4ever
02-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Like I said, most of you dudes are cool, thanks for showing some objectivity. Here's your thread back. Sorry for the ruckus. :wink: Youre welcome. Good day Mr. Phelps :lol:

PacMan
02-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Yeah it's all good bearfan.

My thoughts on the whole Moss thing is if we talk about it enough, maybe just maybe it will come true.

someone447
02-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Like I said in another thread. When the thread doesn't have to do with the packers, bf51 is one of the posters I respect most on the board. He is even objective when talking about the bears. But whenever the packers are involved he lets his homer get the best of him and can never say anything good about the packers. Which is understandable, I can't say anything good about the bears(other than about urlacher) and I definitely cant say anything good about the vikings. Unfortunately Romo is slowly changing my mind about the evil cowboys.

aic4ever
02-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Like I said in another thread. When the thread doesn't have to do with the packers, bf51 is one of the posters I respect most on the board. He is even objective when talking about the bears. But whenever the packers are involved he lets his homer get the best of him and can never say anything good about the packers. Which is understandable, I can't say anything good about the bears(other than about urlacher) and I definitely cant say anything good about the vikings. Unfortunately Romo is slowly changing my mind about the evil cowboys.Romo sucks. Hes going to be emotionally scarred for the rest of his career like his name was Robert Ferguson after that botched hold. :lol:

ny10804
02-05-2007, 10:10 PM
I would draft Okoye if available (BPA philosophy), he would make our D-Line one of the best in the NFL.

My big board of players who could reasonably be available:
1. Amobi Okoye
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. LaRon Landry
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Reggie Nelson
6. Dwayne Bowe
7. Michael Griffin
8. Darrelle Revis
9. Sidney Rice
10. Robery Meachem

For Round 2:
1. Kenny Irons
2. Zach Miller
3. Greg Olsen
4. Tony Hunt
5. Michael Bush
6. Anthony Gonzalez

someone447
02-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Like I said in another thread. When the thread doesn't have to do with the packers, bf51 is one of the posters I respect most on the board. He is even objective when talking about the bears. But whenever the packers are involved he lets his homer get the best of him and can never say anything good about the packers. Which is understandable, I can't say anything good about the bears(other than about urlacher) and I definitely cant say anything good about the vikings. Unfortunately Romo is slowly changing my mind about the evil cowboys.Romo sucks. Hes going to be emotionally scarred for the rest of his career like his name was Robert Ferguson after that botched hold. :lol:

He just plays so much like Brett Favre I can't help but like him.

GB12
02-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I would draft Okoye if available (BPA philosophy), he would make our D-Line one of the best in the NFL.

My big board of players who could reasonably be available:
1. Amobi Okoye
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. LaRon Landry
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Reggie Nelson
6. Dwayne Bowe
7. Michael Griffin
8. Darrelle Revis
9. Sidney Rice
10. Robery Meachem

For Round 2:
1. Kenny Irons
2. Zach Miller
3. Greg Olsen
4. Tony Hunt
5. Michael Bush
6. Anthony Gonzalez

I too am having second thoughts about the first round pick. I'm not going to argue Lynch, but going somewhere else might be better. I have been one of the Okoye to Green Bay promoters and he would certainly have a great effect on our Defense. Okoye and Lynch ar tied for me right now, if I absolutely had to choose it'd be Lynch but they are about even. Then it's Jarret, of course if we do get Moss that would change. Landry would be next, but I haven't really wanted a safety since November. I really don't like Nelson. If all the players I mentiones are gone I hope we trade down a bit for Griffen.

In the second I want a TE. Miller would be my first choice, but I'd be fine with Olsen. I'm not liking Irons too much, and I really don't like Hunt, but If we don't take Lynch Bush would be ok.

GB12
02-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Green Bay Packers
Co-GMs: GB12, javon favre, Jim Jim, someone 447
Assistant GMs: princefielder28, Jackalope

GB12
02-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Alright, Ward said that we need to have roles for each poster since there are so many of us.

princefielder28-Deffensive scout; Scouts deffensive players in the draft and FA

jackalope-Offensive scout; same as above only with offense

Jim Jim-Deffensive Coordinator; Focuses on what to do on defense to improve our team. Gives instructions to the DS.

Someone447-Offensive coordinator; same as above only with offense

javon favre-Head coordinator; has both coordinator responsibilities

GB12-Head coach; makes sure everything is running smoothly, gives suggestions to coordinators, organize

We will all be involved in this, If you were listed as a CoGM you will have a little more say, but assistants will have a say aswell.

someone447
02-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Alright, sweet. Lets start talking about what we want to target. TE is a huge need. I will have to do more research into who is available in Free Agency. But for the draft, I would really prefer a safety first round. Imagine LaRon Landry, Nick Collins, Al Harris, and Charles Woodson. That would be a fearsome defensive backfield. The second round I would like one of the top 2 TEs. If Johnnie Lee Higgins is available at our 3rd pick, I would really like him. He will be a very good receiver in this league, not to mention he will instantly help our return game.

What are you guys looking for in this offseason. I don't see running back as a first round need, the ZBS doesn't require that. I would like to pick up Gary Russell in the late rounds or as a free agent.

sweetness34
02-06-2007, 12:45 AM
This is getting way out of control. Bears fans should stay out of our thread and packers fans should stay out of theirs. This is what a team thread is for. O, and the comment about knowing more about football than some Packer fans was i little too much. Everyone one here should agree that the people who post on these forums are not your average arm chair quarterbacks. I never played football. I ran track and cross country. But i am a diehard Football fan, not just a packer fan. You may not agree with what people say but keep the "idiot", "moron", and "stupid" comments out of it. Anyway, enough of my rambling. Bearsfan 51: I don't agree with you posting crap about the packers on our thread (unless some packer fan pulled that crap in your forum,) but I do respect your thoughts and insight on subjects outside of the bears and packers. You have some very valid points that I ofton agree with. I just want to say that i agree to disagree with you on some or most subjects about our teams. I apologize if i upset anyone. I can't wait until the combine.

Yea I'm starting to get that feeling too unforunately. I actually like most of the cheeseheads on this forum. I mean 4pA is my long lost brother.

I think as a truce for at least a week we stay out of each other's threads and led the water cool down a bit. I love talking smack with you guys for fun, but it's gotten out of hand multiple times in the past year.

Oh and btw your GM team doesn't hold a candle to ours. Suck mediocrity bitches! :wink: :lol:

GB12
02-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Alright, sweet. Lets start talking about what we want to target. TE is a huge need. I will have to do more research into who is available in Free Agency. But for the draft, I would really prefer a safety first round. Imagine LaRon Landry, Nick Collins, Al Harris, and Charles Woodson. That would be a fearsome defensive backfield. The second round I would like one of the top 2 TEs. If Johnnie Lee Higgins is available at our 3rd pick, I would really like him. He will be a very good receiver in this league, not to mention he will instantly help our return game.

What are you guys looking for in this offseason. I don't see running back as a first round need, the ZBS doesn't require that. I would like to pick up Gary Russell in the late rounds or as a free agent.

In the second round if one of the TEs is there and we didn't do anything through FA we're taking one. I don't think anyone will disagree with that. ZBS doesn't require a stud RB, but I think Lynch is the perfect fit for the scheme and should really excel in it. As I stated eearlier though, I'm not completely set on him. However, I'm probably against safety in the first more than anyone in this thread. Depending on who's been taken it might be the best option, but it's not my first choice. I like Landry and think he would be good use of the first, but am absolutely against Nelson.

someone447
02-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Ya, I don't really want nelson unless it is with a trade down. My top 3 in the first round has got to be Landry, Okoye, then Lynch.

Hey, last time we did one of these, we had arguably the best offseason of any team, and I was a co-gm.

GB12
02-06-2007, 01:18 AM
I would rather trade down to get Griffin than Nelson.

Do you have AIM?

someone447
02-06-2007, 01:37 AM
ztpick10, I am on quite a bit. Hopefully it will cut down between the times of 2-5 starting next week. Monday is when I tryout for UTEP again. If I make it I wont be available between 9:00-12:30 and 2:00-5:00 mountain time. But you will all know where I stand on everything well before we have to make any sort of sudden decisions.

Does anyone have a list of free agents? That is what we should concentrate on first. We are resigning Cullen Jenkins, I assume?

I think we should start talking to teams about trading down in the first. We need depth at a lot of positions, and the difference in players between 16-25 aren't that great. If a team below us wants a running back, we might be able to get quite a bit if Lynch is still there at our pick.

TitleTown088
02-06-2007, 01:38 AM
No saftey in the first please. Underwood will be a stud. 8)

jackalope
02-06-2007, 07:39 AM
No saftey in the first please. Underwood will be a stud. 8)i agree with that. i really like Underwood and i think he will have no problem with a starting role.

someone447
02-06-2007, 09:15 AM
I think Landry is going to be a tremendous safety. We have no real first down needs(at least at positions where people will be available.) Too bad there isn't a first round worthy TE.

someone447
02-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Lets talk to the raiders about Moss. I say we offer a 3rd and Ferguson and no higher though.

Favre4
02-06-2007, 09:43 AM
okay let me revise my previous statement. if the bears could have chosen a quarterback off thiers or the packers roster to start the super bowl against the colts last sunday, it would be favre. no question.

Pack_Attack_4
02-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Lets talk to the raiders about Moss. I say we offer a 3rd and Ferguson and no higher though.

Our 1st for moss and there second, then we would hav 2 seconds where we could get Greg Olsen and Griffin or take a chance on brandon meriweather, this way we take care of our 3 biggest needs TE,S,WR.

ImBrotherCain
02-06-2007, 12:41 PM

Our 1st for moss and there second, then we would hav 2 seconds where we could get Greg Olsen and Griffin or take a chance on brandon meriweather, this way we take care of our 3 biggest needs TE,S,WR.

Thats not a bad idea but im still not sold on Moss, on another note does anyone know if Adrian Wilson is gonna go into FA, Cause if he does i want him in a packer uni. Hes is a stud SS and could give us one of the best Secondaries in the NFL.

EDIT: NVM i guess he signed a 5 year contract a couple years back... Madden always throws me off on FA's

ImBrotherCain
02-06-2007, 12:56 PM
I just found an article with TT saying hes not that intrested in FA and did not promise Favre that he would sign any big name FA to get him to come back

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2753192

PS. Sorry if someone already posted this

GB12
02-06-2007, 01:18 PM
ztpick10, I am on quite a bit. Hopefully it will cut down between the times of 2-5 starting next week. Monday is when I tryout for UTEP again. If I make it I wont be available between 9:00-12:30 and 2:00-5:00 mountain time. But you will all know where I stand on everything well before we have to make any sort of sudden decisions.

Does anyone have a list of free agents? That is what we should concentrate on first. We are resigning Cullen Jenkins, I assume?

I think we should start talking to teams about trading down in the first. We need depth at a lot of positions, and the difference in players between 16-25 aren't that great. If a team below us wants a running back, we might be able to get quite a bit if Lynch is still there at our pick.

The list of FAs is posted in the Fantasy section. We are for sure resigning Jenkins. We should sign him at $1.552 million so if anyone wants to take him they would have to give up a first rounder.

TitleTown088
02-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Why talk about moss so much? Nothing is going to change for months most likely besides more spectulation.

someone447
02-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, I was talking about our fantasy offseason, that we should start talking to the raiders to trade for moss. I do not want to give up our first round pick for him.

For all of the GMs:
How much are you guys willing to give up for Moss?

GB12
02-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Well, I was talking about our fantasy offseason, that we should start talking to the raiders to trade for moss. I do not want to give up our first round pick for him.

For all of the GMs:

There is no way we give up our first. If it involved our second it would have to be a very good deal for us. In the last one javon and I got Moss and Starks for a 3rd and 4th. I don't really want to give up picks though, so I don't know if we should even go after him. It's worth a try, but I don't want to give up a lot.

RockJock07
02-06-2007, 02:55 PM
I think Moss would be solid for a 3rd and Fergie, but I don't think TT will give up a 1st or 2nd to get him unless he does it on draft day.

TT could trade down to the mid-20's get another 2nd and maybe a 5th and send fergie packing keeping the 3rd round pick.

Briggs will probably be tagged by the Bears and that means Cato June's price will go up so I don't know if TT will want to spend the money.

TT has to have something big up his sleeve. Almost 30 million to work with I'd be very surprised if he doesn't if he doesn't do something big in FA.

GB12
02-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Ok, I got a PM from Windy about Moss. No offer yet just saying he's interested in discussing.

I also got this If you want my input on something just send me a private messgae or my AIM address is: princefielder28

jackalope
02-06-2007, 03:43 PM
i don't want Moss at all, but i'm not gonna fight you guys on this. i wouldn't want to give up more than a 3rd and Fergi though.

we also definitely need to resign Cullen Jenkins.

someone447
02-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Ya, I don't want to give up any more than a 3rd and Ferguson. We need a TE much more than we need another receiver. If we give up our second round pick that would mean we aren't in a position to pick either tight end. So I say we offer a 3rd and ferguson, and if he declines it tell him thanks, but no thanks.

jackalope
02-06-2007, 03:55 PM
what do you guys think of Carlyle Holiday (ERFA)? he looked pretty good late in the season but i'm not sure if he's worth resigning.

GB12
02-06-2007, 03:58 PM
what do you guys think of Carlyle Holiday (ERFA)? he looked pretty good late in the season but i'm not sure if he's worth resigning.

He will only cost is the minimum, so all that matters is the amount of roster spots we have.

jackalope
02-06-2007, 04:11 PM

He will only cost is the minimum, so all that matters is the amount of roster spots we have.that's what i meant by "worth". i was also wondering if what the max number of roster spots is in the off-season.

GB12
02-06-2007, 04:13 PM

He will only cost is the minimum, so all that matters is the amount of roster spots we have.that's what i meant by "worth". i was also wondering if what the max number of roster spots is in the off-season.

Yeah, Ward hasn't said yet. If it's just the 53 man roster then that's a tough descission and he probably wont make it. If we get the extended roster and/or a practice squad he probably will.

ny10804
02-06-2007, 04:20 PM
I'd resign Holiday. He's a poor man's Antwaan Randle El, and can be had for very cheap.

GB12
02-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I'd resign Holiday. He's a poor man's Antwaan Randle El, and can be had for very cheap.

Yeah, I want to keep him but the spot might be needed for another position. I think we will get some extra space so it shouldn't be an issue.

Didn't you apply?

Boston
02-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Isn't Kevin Barry a free agent this year?

someone447
02-06-2007, 04:37 PM
I think last year we were able to sign as many people as we wanted, then I think we cut people after the draft. Now, Im not certain of that, but that seems to be how I remembered it.

ny10804
02-06-2007, 04:40 PM

Yeah, I want to keep him but the spot might be needed for another position. I think we will get some extra space so it shouldn't be an issue.

Didn't you apply?

Yea...

princefielder28
02-06-2007, 04:42 PM

For all of the GMs:

There is no way we give up our first. If it involved our second it would have to be a very good deal for us. In the last one javon and I got Moss and Starks for a 3rd and 4th. I don't really want to give up picks though, so I don't know if we should even go after him. It's worth a try, but I don't want to give up a lot.

I have an idea. We could wait to trade for Moss if we're still interested and if there's a deal they're willing to do with a 3rd round pick, and we are not happy with the talent that remains at our pick, we could pull the trigger on a deal.

jackalope
02-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Ahman Green, i assume we want to resign him?

GB12
02-06-2007, 04:46 PM

Didn't you apply?

Yea...
When I asked Ward about it he didn't even seem to know who you were.

CoGMs can appoint assistants so I would like to add you. If any other CoGM objects post it.

That would be 7 though so no more.

jackalope
02-06-2007, 04:47 PM
i'm fine with bringing ny10804 on as another assistant. the more the merrier.

GB12
02-06-2007, 04:48 PM

For sure. If we draft someone he will slide to backup, but we don't want to go into the draft needing a RB to fall.

princefielder28
02-06-2007, 04:49 PM

We almost have to becuase there are not many options in FA, and there's no garuntee that we land one of the top 2 backs in the draft. I do like Michael Turner though if we could get him.

GB12
02-06-2007, 04:51 PM

We almost have to becuase there are not many options in FA, and there's no garuntee that we land one of the top 2 backs in the draft. I do like Michael Turner though if we could get him.

Turner's a RFA, so we would have to give up a first rounder. I really don't think he is worth that.

princefielder28
02-06-2007, 04:55 PM

Turner's a RFA, so we would have to give up a first rounder. I really don't think he is worth that.

Okay, I thought the compensation would be a 5th round pick because that's the round he was drafted in. My Bad!

jackalope
02-06-2007, 04:56 PM
the list of Packers free agents according to Ward. i may have missed one.

Green, Ahman UFA Packers
Herron, Noah ERFA Packers
Humphrey, Tory ERFA Packers
Lee, Donald UFA Packers
Martin, David UFA Packers
Gbaja-Biamila, Kabeer UFA Packers (I'm not sure what this is about)
Allen, Kenderick UFA Packers
Cole, Colin ERFA Packers
Jenkins, Cullen RFA Packers
White, Tracy UFA Packers
Ryan, Jon ERFA Packers

GB12
02-06-2007, 04:58 PM
the list of Packers free agents according to Ward. i may have missed one.

Green, Ahman UFA Packers
Herron, Noah ERFA Packers
Humphrey, Tory ERFA Packers
Lee, Donald UFA Packers
Gbaja-Biamila, Kabeer UFA Packers (I'm not sure what this is about)
Allen, Kenderick UFA Packers
Cole, Colin ERFA Packers
Jenkins, Cullen RFA Packers
White, Tracy UFA Packers
Ryan, Jon ERFA Packers

I already had him change that.

GB12
02-06-2007, 05:02 PM

Okay, I thought the compensation would be a 5th round pick because that's the round he was drafted in. My Bad!

It also depends on the contact. He will certainly get enough money to get them a first round pick.

someone447
02-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Ya, add ny1901649863826 to our growing list. SOON WE WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE!!!

The problem with waiting to trade for Moss is that he could be gone. We won't get a Moss like talent in the third round. Not to mention, we get rid of Ferguson. If we can get Moss, that means it is a definite no go on a receiver in round one. It is one of those things that I would prefer to know sooner rather than later. A third and ferguson for moss is a damn good deal. Like I said about Owens, if there is a QB in the league who can control either of them, it will be Favre. Now imagine this for a receiving corp:
Moss, Driver, Jennings, Robinson, Martin/Holladay. Add in a threat at TE and either Lynch or a Safety, and we could actually be contenders in the NFC next year.

someone447
02-06-2007, 05:05 PM

It also depends on the contact. He will certainly get enough money to get them a first round pick.

Doesn't it depend on how much they offer him?

jackalope
02-06-2007, 05:06 PM

Doesn't it depend on how much they offer him?yeah, i think so, but most likely they will offer the maximum tender.

GB12
02-06-2007, 05:16 PM

The problem with waiting to trade for Moss is that he could be gone. We won't get a Moss like talent in the third round. Not to mention, we get rid of Ferguson. If we can get Moss, that means it is a definite no go on a receiver in round one. It is one of those things that I would prefer to know sooner rather than later. A third and ferguson for moss is a damn good deal. Like I said about Owens, if there is a QB in the league who can control either of them, it will be Favre. Now imagine this for a receiving corp:
Moss, Driver, Jennings, Robinson, Martin/Holladay. Add in a threat at TE and either Lynch or a Safety, and we could actually be contenders in the NFC next year.

I'd like to stop there with assistants though.

You don't have to convince me on Moss, I'm just not going to give up a ton to get him. I haven't heard anything back so I'll contact Windy.

All they have to do is offer Turner $1.552 million for a first, which they will do.

princefielder28
02-06-2007, 05:16 PM

I agree with the deal Ferg and 3rd rd for Moss. (I even had posted a suggestion exactly like that late last week in an NFL thread) :)

princefielder28
02-06-2007, 05:33 PM
I think a player that we should look at in FA should be Michael Lewis. I believe he would really solidify the safety position.

Thoughts???

jackalope
02-06-2007, 05:45 PM
I think a player that we should look at in FA should be Michael Lewis. I believe he would really solidify the safety position.

Thoughts???i don't know a lot on Michael Lewis, besides he lost his starting job

jpapa4490
02-06-2007, 05:52 PM
I prolly stated this already but i am against the moss deal 100%. He half-assed all lost season, a person getting paid millions of dollars to do their job and don't do it just doesn't give me a very good impression regardless how well or ****** your team is doing. I guy like that can be very influential on group of young players just starting their careers in the NFL and that is the exact opposite of wut we need rite now.

Boston
02-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Colin Cole should be resigned. He's still growing and has yet to reach his full potential.

jackalope
02-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I prolly stated this already but i am against the moss deal 100%. He half-assed all lost season, a person getting paid millions of dollars to do their job and don't do it just doesn't give me a very good impression regardless how well or *********** your team is doing. I guy like that can be very influential on group of young players just starting their careers in the NFL and that is the exact opposite of wut we need rite now.that's exactly what i think

agreed on Cole also

jackalope
02-06-2007, 06:19 PM
since i'm the "offensive scout" i'm gonna go through all offensive positions

QB-not a need at all
HB-not an immediate need but it would be good to get a RB in the draft (Lynch)
FB-not a a need at all
WR-we will want to probably add some depth behind Driver and Jennings, probably through the draft
TE- biggest need on the offense, but since there isn't good value at 16 we will probably want to address it in FA or the 2nd
OT- maybe a project linemen in the later rounds
OG- not a need
C- not a need
OL in general may need some depth.

GB12
02-06-2007, 06:23 PM
since i'm the "offensive scout" i'm gonna go through all offensive positions

QB-not a need at all
HB-not an immediate need but it would be good to get a RB in the draft (Lynch)
FB-not a a need at all
WR-we will want to probably add some depth behind Driver and Jennings, probably through the draft
TE- biggest need on the offense, but since there isn't good value at 16 we will probably want to address it in FA or the 2nd
OT- maybe a project linemen in the later rounds
OG- not a need
C- not a need
OL in general may need some depth.

Very good. I agrre with everything, I think we should go after a veteran gaurd in FA. Not to start but just so we have some experienced depth behind the second year guys.

princefielder28
02-06-2007, 06:44 PM
My defensive opinions

Defensive Tackle- I believe we're pretty set here(Pickett starts and I believ Cole will eventaully start but Corey Williams does a decent job)

Defensive End- Kampman is an anchor but I think Kabeer is only good for 3rd down now-a-days, but Cullen Jenkins could be a starting defensive end in this league(Depth needed)

Linebacker- Starting 3 will probably be the same(Hawk, Barnett, Poppinga), Hodge is a solid backup to Barnett, but I think depth could be added because I don't know how good Ben Taylor would be if he needed to start. Pretty solid group though.

Cornerback- Harris and Woodson played very well this season and we just need to add players to the depth chart that can make a difference. I don't believe Dendy and Bush are longer term players in this league.

Safety- Nick Collins is a good free safety but the strong safety position is what needs work. Manuel would be good as a backup and I have already suggest Michael Lewis as a good player for that role as starting strong safety.

Michael Lewis in 2005 before an injury plagued 06 had 107 total tackles and his numbers improve gradually since he got in the league in 02, and if he can return to full health and put up anywhere near the production that he had in the past, he would be a major upgrade over Manuel.

GB12
02-06-2007, 06:55 PM
My defensive opinions

Defensive Tackle- I believe we're pretty set here(Pickett starts and I believ Cole will eventaully start but Corey Williams does a decent job)

Defensive End- Kampman is an anchor but I think Kabeer is only good for 3rd down now-a-days, but Cullen Jenkins could be a starting defensive end in this league(Depth needed)

Linebacker- Starting 3 will probably be the same(Hawk, Barnett, Poppinga), Hodge is a solid backup to Barnett, but I think depth could be added because I don't know how good Ben Taylor would be if he needed to start. Pretty solid group though.

Cornerback- Harris and Woodson played very well this season and we just need to add players to the depth chart that can make a difference. I don't believe Dendy and Bush are longer term players in this league.

Safety- Nick Collins is a good free safety but the strong safety position is what needs work. Manuel would be good as a backup and I have already suggest Michael Lewis as a good player for that role as starting strong safety.

Michael Lewis in 2005 before an injury plagued 06 had 107 total tackles and his numbers improve gradually since he got in the league in 02, and if he can return to full health and put up anywhere near the production that he had in the past, he would be a major upgrade over Manuel.

Nice aswell.

At LB, Taylor wouldn't be someone you'd want to start, but he's good depth if it's just for a game. Here is where I would like to pick up a big name free agent. I think Poppinga is decent and does not need to be upgraded, but We could use another impact player and that's where they are this offseason. It's not Briggs or June that I want though. Sure they'd be nice but my focus is on Adulius Thomas. He is very athletic and has shown that he can cover (something that Brady stuggled with). However unlike Briggs and June, he could play some DE. When we go to Nickle on 2 LBs are on the feild, Hawk and Barnett are in that role. But then Thomas could slide down to DE for Jenkins, removing the need for KGB all together.

As for safety, you pretty much got it right. I have been and am the biggest Underwood supporter that there is. I really think that he could be the long term answer. I'm not big on Lewis, but as long as it doesn't cost much it would be a good signing.

princefielder28
02-06-2007, 07:03 PM
My defensive opinions

Nice aswell.

At LB, Taylor wouldn't be someone you'd want to start, but he's good depth if it's just for a game. Here is where I would like to pick up a big name free agent. I think Poppinga is decent and does not need to be upgraded, but We could use another impact player and that's where they are this offseason. It's not Briggs or June that I want though. Sure they'd be nice but my focus is on Adulius Thomas. He is very athletic and has shown that he can cover (something that Brady stuggled with). However unlike Briggs and June, he could play some DE. When we go to Nickle on 2 LBs are on the feild, Hawk and Barnett are in that role. But then Thomas could slide down to DE for Jenkins, removing the need for KGB all together.

As for safety, you pretty much got it right. I have been and am the biggest Underwood supporter that there is. I really think that he could be the long term answer. I'm not big on Lewis, but as long as it doesn't cost much it would be a good signing.

I love the thought of Thomas being added to the linebacking corp, but what do you think about for a starting DE opposite Kampman? Cullen? FA? Draft?

GB12
02-06-2007, 07:10 PM
I think Jenkins is a capable starter and is still young and should improve.

On running downs

Jenkins--Pickett--Williams--Kampman

On passing downs

KGB--Pickett--Jenkins--Kampman

And if we got Thomas then it could be him in for passing downs.

ny10804
02-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Alright, here's the list of FAs per the Packers website:

2007 Exclusive-rights Free Agents (4)
Colin Cole, DT --- resign
Noah Herron, RB --- let go
Carlyle Holiday, WR --- resign
Tory Humphrey, TE --- let go

2007 Restricted Free Agents (1)
Cullen Jenkins, DE --- MUST resign

2007 Unrestricted Free Agents (9)
Kenderick Allen, DT --- let go
Todd Bouman, QB --- let go
Ahman Green, RB --- resign
Donald Lee, TE --- let go
David Martin, TE --- resign
Ben Taylor, LB --- let go
Tyson Walter, T/G -- let go
Tracy White, LB --- resign

My perspective suggestion is next to each player.

Cullen Jenkins should be given the 1st round tender, but not the 1st/3rd round tender.

Green should be given a 2 year deal.

As for Moss, I'd suggest we offer the Raiders a 3rd rounder and either Feguson or Ruvell Martin.

princefielder28
02-06-2007, 07:18 PM

Cullen Jenkins should be given the 1st round tender, but not the 1st/3rd round tender.

As for Moss, I'd suggest we offer the Raiders a 3rd rounder and either Feguson or Ruvell Martin.

I don't like David Martin and if we trade a wide receiver I would strongly prefer Ferguson leave than Ruvell

ny10804
02-06-2007, 07:23 PM
I don't like David Martin and if we trade a wide receiver I would strongly prefer Ferguson leave than Ruvell

Martin is a capable 3rd TE and could be used effectively in passing situations. I'm banking on signing Daniel Graham, and if not, drafting either Olsen or Miller in the 2nd.

As for Ferguson, I doubt the Raiders' GMs would take him, maybe first offer him and a 3rd, and if they deny that, the 3rd and Ruvell.

GB12
02-06-2007, 07:36 PM
If we get a practice squad I would like to keep Humphrey on it. The coaches liked him and almost made the roster but got hurt.

I like Herron and kind of want him back, but he's not someone we need to resign. We would get him for the minimum though.

I would like to bring back Allen though, just to provide depth.

Other than that, looks about right.

ny10804
02-06-2007, 07:46 PM
If we get a practice squad I would like to keep Humphrey on it. The coaches liked him and almost made the roster but got hurt.

I like Herron and kind of want him back, but he's not someone we need to resign. We would get him for the minimum though.

I would like to bring back Allen though, just to provide depth.

Other than that, looks about right.

If we resign both Green and Herron, there's not likely to be room for a rookie RB, and if it comes down to Green or Herron, I'd take Green.

GB12
02-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Well yeah, I was sayiing if we get more than the 53man roster which I think we will.

jackalope
02-06-2007, 07:59 PM

As for Moss, I'd suggest we offer the Raiders a 3rd rounder and either Ferguson or Ruvell Martin.i agree with that all

jackalope
02-06-2007, 08:14 PM
UFA TEs

Brady, Kyle UFA Jaguars
Bruener, Mark UFA Texans
Gammon, Kendall UFA Chiefs
Graham, Daniel UFA Patriots
Heller, Will UFA Seahawks
Johnson, Eric UFA 49ers
Kelly, Reggie UFA Bengals
Lee, Donald UFA Packers
Miller, Billy UFA Saints
Moore, Dave UFA Buccaneers
Reid, Gabe UFA Bears
Shiancoe, Visanthe UFA Giants
Stewart, Tony UFA Bengals
Wakefield, Fred UFA Cardinals
Yoder, Todd UFA Redskins

players we may want to look at signing

Big_Brother
02-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Sorry if I'm interrupting the brainstorm here (you guys better win me a championship next year...)

But I was wondering if any of you guys are as big Joe Thomas fans and where you would like to see him be drafted out of the teams in the top 5 (I dont see how he falls below that.)

I'd like to see him go to the cards, just because I feel they have the best chance of winning sooner rather than later and he could really help their team.

Then again, that means the Lions picked Quinn, the Browns probably went with AD, and we might not get Lynch...

Chio151
02-06-2007, 08:24 PM
I also think Shiancoe would be worth a look. He's shown some flashes.

GB12
02-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Sorry if I'm interrupting the brainstorm here (you guys better win me a championship next year...)

But I was wondering if any of you guys are as big Joe Thomas fans and where you would like to see him be drafted out of the teams in the top 5 (I dont see how he falls below that.)

I'd like to see him go to the cards, just because I feel they have the best chance of winning sooner rather than later and he could really help their team.

Then again, that means the Lions picked Quinn, the Browns probably went with AD, and we might not get Lynch...

Farthest he will fall is to Arizona. I don't think Detroit is too interested in OL, so that might also be the most likely spot.

jackalope
02-06-2007, 08:29 PM

Then again, that means the Lions picked Quinn, the Browns probably went with AD, and we might not get Lynch...i love Joe Thomas and i think he's gonna be great but unfortunately we wont get to see him in a Packer uni anytime soon. i'm also hoping he goes to the Cards.

ny10804
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Packers interested in Okoye (http://www.packerchatters.com/op-ed/view.php?id=341)

I'm really hoping we could get him. He's going to be a beast.

princefielder28
02-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Would we be willing to trade up to improve some aspect of our team?

I know we want to keep our draft picks but I believe KGB and Bubba could be made expendable especially with the depth of TE in FA and the draft. If a big time DE was added and Cullen could start at DT that would make us big time on the defensive side of the ball.

Thoughts or are we satisfied with spot 16?

GB12
02-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Packers interested in Okoye (http://www.packerchatters.com/op-ed/view.php?id=341)

Good. I am starting to think that TT has very little interest in a RB in the first though.

ny10804
02-06-2007, 08:56 PM

Good. I am starting to think that TT has very little interest in a RB in the first though.

In the article it also says that Tony Hunt is second only to Okoye in terms interest level. I don't know much about him, but I'm sure TT knows what he's doing.

GB12
02-06-2007, 08:56 PM

I know we want to keep our draft picks but I believe KGB and Bubba could be made expendable especially with the depth of TE in FA and the draft. If a big time DE was added and Cullen could start at DT that would make us big time on the defensive side of the ball.

Who were you thinking of trading up for?

We can get rid of KGB and Franks, but they both will cause cap penalties and I don't think anyone would want them.

I would rather get a DT(Okoye) and keep Jenkins at end than the other way around.

princefielder28
02-06-2007, 08:58 PM

Who were you thinking of trading up for?

We can get rid of KGB and Franks, but they both will cause cap penalties and I don't think anyone would want them.

I would rather get a DT(Okoye) and keep Jenkins at end than the other way around.

Ok I'm just seeing what people think, but I like the idea of Okoye as well.

princefielder28
02-06-2007, 09:00 PM

In the article it also says that Tony Hunt is second only to Okoye in terms interest level. I don't know much about him, but I'm sure TT knows what he's doing.

Hunt had a good Senior Bowl game but I don't think he was overly imprerssive in practices but the games tell all.

GB12
02-06-2007, 09:02 PM

Hunt had a good Senior Bowl game but I don't think he was overly imprerssive in practices but the games tell all.

I was never really a fan of Hunt, but if Thompson likes him then I might start to change.

I am also starting to think that maybe we should pass on RB in the first in this. As mentioned, I would be very happy with Okoye.

Boston
02-06-2007, 09:06 PM

I was never really a fan of Hunt, but if Thompson likes him then I might start to change.

I am also starting to think that maybe we should pass on RB in the first in this. As mentioned, I would be very happy with Okoye.

Not to sound critical, but why would the packers be interested in Hunt. He doesn't seem like he'd be ideal for the ZBS.

princefielder28
02-06-2007, 09:07 PM

Yeah. Well, it looks like we are going to keep Ahamn and TE is a strong position out there. Now a wide receiver is something we still need to explore but I like the idea of Thomas at LB and if we could land Okoye we would be setting ourselves up very nicely

PACKmanN
02-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Colin Cole, DT --- resign- depends oh how much he wants.
Noah Herron, RB --- let go- if we draft a RB there no need for him
Carlyle Holiday, WR --- resign- we can use him as a passer on trick plays
Tory Humphrey, TE --- resign- we need a TE badly and who knows who can be a steal.

Cullen Jenkins, DE --- resign- no need to say anything

Kenderick Allen, DT --- resign- could bring in for 1st and 2nd downs to stop the run with pickett
Todd Bouman, QB --- let go- no need
Ahman Green, RB --- resign- we need a 1/2 punch to make it deep into the playoffs
Donald Lee, TE --- let go- im not sure i would like him back
David Martin, TE --- resign- not for alot of money
Ben Taylor, LB --- let go- Draft someone
Tyson Walter, T/G -- resign- we have only 2 back ups for the T postion bring him back.
Tracy White, LB --- let go- draft or bring in a rookie FA.

GB12
02-06-2007, 09:08 PM

Not to sound critical, but why would the packers be interested in Hunt. He doesn't seem like he'd be ideal for the ZBS.

I don't know, that was part of the reason why I didn't like him. But I have complete trust in TT so I'm sure he sees something.

jackalope
02-06-2007, 09:24 PM
i don't think DT is a need but i am hearing good things about Okoye and i wouldn't mind taking him although Lynch is still my #1 want.

i'm no expert on Hunt but I have full faith that TT knows what he's doing so he must be good.

GB12
02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Green Bay Packers
Co-GMs: GB12, javon favre, Jim Jim, someone 447
Assistant GMs: princefielder28, Jackalope

javon favre said that he didn't want a big part in this and will move down to assistant.

So,

CoGMs:GB12, Jim Jim, someone 447
Assistants:princefielder28, Jackalope, ny10804, javon favre

ny10804
02-06-2007, 10:34 PM
My big board of out of team FAs:

1. Daniel Graham, TE
2. Asante Samuel, CB
3. Adalius Thomas, LB
4. Lance Briggs, LB
5. Drew Bennett, WR
6. Eric Steinbach, G/T
7. Ken Hamlin, S
8. Eric Johnson, TE

EDIT - random note, I wonder why ward left me off the GM list...

sik wit it
02-06-2007, 10:40 PM
i don't think DT is a need but i am hearing good things about Okoye and i wouldn't mind taking him although Lynch is still my #1 want.

i'm no expert on Hunt but I have full faith that TT knows what he's doing so he must be good.
DT isn't really a need but we could have a dominant d-line for years if we drafted him. That way we could maybe hide possible weaknesses in the secondary, not only in the upcoming years but for years after harris and woodson are gone. Wouldn't it be great to have a d-line that does work like no ones business? Okoye first if not him then Lynch for me

GB12
02-06-2007, 10:45 PM
My big board of out of team FAs:

1. Daniel Graham, TE
2. Asante Samuel, CB
3. Adalius Thomas, LB
4. Lance Briggs, LB
5. Drew Bennett, WR
6. Eric Steinbach, G/T
7. Ken Hamlin, S
8. Eric Johnson, TE

EDIT - random note, I wonder why ward left me off the GM list...

I was just going to say that all GMs should make a list. Mine will be up soon.

As for the last part

Didn't you apply?

Yea...
When I asked Ward about it he didn't even seem to know who you were.

someone447
02-06-2007, 10:49 PM
I highly doubt Okoye will be available in this offseason. I think he is much more likely to be available when the actual draft comes around.

What do you guys think of Landry? I agree with whoever said they don't really like Nelson. With Landry and Collins we could have the best young safety tandem in the league.

With the way free agency works, we are much better off doing the TT style of free agency. Target the non-"impact" players, just the ones that will plug a few holes and add depth. Then go after maybe 1 impact player.

ny10804
02-06-2007, 10:58 PM
I highly doubt Okoye will be available in this offseason. I think he is much more likely to be available when the actual draft comes around.

What do you guys think of Landry? I agree with whoever said they don't really like Nelson. With Landry and Collins we could have the best young safety tandem in the league.

With the way free agency works, we are much better off doing the TT style of free agency. Target the non-"impact" players, just the ones that will plug a few holes and add depth. Then go after maybe 1 impact player.

My opinion on Landry is that he would be the best option after Okoye and Lynch. He's a great prospect, but I think RB is clearly a bigger need, and that Okoye is too good to pass up. It remains possible that all 3 will be gone, so I'll repost my big board:

1. Amobi Okoye
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. LaRon Landry
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Reggie Nelson
6. Dwayne Bowe
7. Michael Griffin
8. Darrelle Revis
9. Sidney Rice
10. Robert Meachem

For Round 2:
1. Kenny Irons
2. Zach Miller
3. Greg Olsen
4. Tony Hunt
5. Michael Bush
6. Anthony Gonzalez

GB12
02-06-2007, 10:58 PM
1.Adalius Thomas, LB
2.Donte Stallworth, WR
3.Daniel Graham, TE
4.lance Briggs, LB
5.Erich Johnson, TE
6.Nate Clements, CB
7.Drew Bennett, WR
8.Ken Hamlin, S
9. Asante Samuel. CB
10.Deon Grant, S

GB12
02-06-2007, 11:01 PM

What is that supposed to mean?

That was me who didn't like Nelson, and I am totally against drafting him. Landry would be ok, but there are a couple guys that I want more. He will probably be gone before our pick anyway.

PacMan
02-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Great, Nerdfest has hijacked the Packers discussion thread.

badgerfan
02-07-2007, 12:22 AM
I have a question for everyone. I just had someone in another forum say that if an athlete doesn't compete in Division 1 but rather Division 2 or 3 that he is automatically a "*****" (his words) and is nothing compared to a Division 1 athlete. I know what division 1 athletes are usually more talented as the vast majority of professionals are Division 1 athletes, but Division 2 and 3 athletes work just as hard as Division 1 athletes. I respect all college athletes or all divisions for the sacrifices they make during the season. I know how much of a pain it can be in season.

TitleTown088
02-07-2007, 12:47 AM
Great, Nerdfest has hijacked the Packers discussion thread.
:?:

someone447
02-07-2007, 01:11 AM
I think that people on this board will over rate him because of his age. Now, I think he is a great prospect and definitely worth the 16th pick, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go top 10, and I dont think he deserves a top 10 pick.

Jim Jim
02-07-2007, 07:11 AM
I'm preparing a big defensive oriented summary for when I get out of class today.

And on another note, everything is done as a democracy between the four CO-gms. Nobody has more say.

jackalope
02-07-2007, 07:24 AM
i would really like to try to sign Daniel Graham but unfortunatly the Pats are trying to keep him around.

Sources: Patriots look to bring back Samuel, Graham
Top free agents' tenures with Patriots may not be over yet

AP - The New England Patriots may be known for cutting ties with star players and fan favorites, including Adam Vinatieri, Willie McGinest, Lawyer Milloy, and Ty Law, but this year they have expressed interest in retaining both star cornerback Asante Samuel and tight end Daniel Graham, the team's top free agents. Both players have been Patriots for their entire careers, but it has been speculated that one or both of them could be on the way out. New England has roughly $27,000,000 in cap room this year, and could reasonably afford both players.

Samuel was tied for the NFL lead in interceptions with ten this season, and had an excellent postseason as well. Daniel Graham is one of the best blocking tight ends in the league. Both players are said to be looking for multi-year deals. It's likely that New England will be in the market for a new number one cornerback if Samuel is not retained - it's unlikely that the Patriots will use the franchise tag on Samuel, as they would be forced to pay him a $7.8 million salary for the 2007 season.

Sources: Patriots begin negotiations with departing talent
New England looks for internal solutions before going through free agency

AP - Patriots head coach Bill Belichick and top executive Scott Pioli have already begun speaking with some of New England's pending free agents regarding new contracts. It's unknown exactly which players are being targeted, but it's safe to say that Daniel Graham and Asante Samuel will be two of the top priorities for the team. More news as it becomes available.