PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

someone447
02-07-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm preparing a big defensive oriented summary for when I get out of class today.

And on another note, everything is done as a democracy between the four CO-gms. Nobody has more say.

We only have 3 co-gms now. Javon Favre asked to be put as an assistant GM instead. But I agree with you completely.

eagleseye
02-07-2007, 08:44 AM
I'm know I'm late, and I doubt my post count would allow me to anyway, but if you need anybody to step in for any GM spots, assistant spots, or anything I'd be glad to help out.

umphrey
02-07-2007, 10:59 AM
I think that people on this board will over rate him because of his age. Now, I think he is a great prospect and definitely worth the 16th pick, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go top 10, and I dont think he deserves a top 10 pick.

He was always playing against people that were years older than him and he still played like a first rounder - that is a pretty impressive accomplishment.

someone447
02-07-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm not saying it isn't. I just think he will go higher in this mock than he will in the real draft. I think he will be a tremendous player, but a top 10 pick should be an impact player right away(except, arguably, a qb), I don't think he will do that.

Jim Jim
02-07-2007, 12:58 PM
lright, here's the list of FAs per the Packers website:

2007 Exclusive-rights Free Agents (4)
Colin Cole, DT --- Resign. Colin Cole is a crucial member to our defensive line rotation.
Noah Herron, RB --- Noah Herron has a ceiling. We know what we're getting. I think we need to part ways and look to improve this position.
Carlyle Holiday, WR --- I would keep him over Martin. We could develop Carlye into our own Randle El, and Caryle has really nice hands, making some outstanding grabs. Give him some more time at WR and we'll have a multi-oriented threat.
Tory Humphrey, TE --- Release. Just a space eater.

2007 Restricted Free Agents (1)
Cullen Jenkins, DE --- MUST resign

2007 Unrestricted Free Agents (9)
Kenderick Allen, DT --- We should make an effort to sign Kenderick, I think he got a bad rep because of his injury, but if you remember, he was our starting DT alongside Pickett at the beginning of the season. He's a big body who can stop the run.
Todd Bouman, QB --- Release.
Ahman Green, RB --- resign
Donald Lee, TE --- Release.
David Martin, TE --- Resign, but regulated to the second or third TE role.
Ben Taylor, LB --- Release.
Tyson Walter, T/G -- let go
Tracy White, LB --- resign. He's a special teams demon.

Jim Jim
02-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I highly doubt Okoye will be available in this offseason. I think he is much more likely to be available when the actual draft comes around.

What do you guys think of Landry? I agree with whoever said they don't really like Nelson. With Landry and Collins we could have the best young safety tandem in the league.

With the way free agency works, we are much better off doing the TT style of free agency. Target the non-"impact" players, just the ones that will plug a few holes and add depth. Then go after maybe 1 impact player.

I agree with Landry as being our pick, if he's there. He has something that Ted Thompson looks at on draft day, outstanding production. And on top of that? LaRon can do everything and do it well.

princefielder28
02-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Here's what I think:

Draft Big Board
1. Amobi Okoye
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. LaRon Landry
4. Reggie Nelson
5. Dwayne Jarrett
6. Darrell Revis

Free Agents
1. Adalius Thomas LB
2. Lance Briggs LB
3. Michael Lewis S
4. Daniel Graham TE
5. Donte Stallworth WR

Jim Jim
02-07-2007, 01:57 PM
[ Realistic Free Agent Wishlist. ]

1. Ken Hamlin, Safety.

2. Roderick Hood, CB.

3. Dominic Rhodes, RB.

Big_Brother
02-07-2007, 02:38 PM
I know TT hasn't shown a real interest in Lynch so far or any RB for that matter, but I remember when he showed basically no interest in Hawk either. TT seems to like his smokescreens and doesn't give much away at all... I wouldn't rule anything out.

That being said, I have full confidence in TT this year and I can just enjoy the draft pretty much, even if he pulls something out of left field I can give him the benefit of the doubt and see if his moves pan out. It's a much better feeling than my usual apprehension towards the Sherman drafts...

princefielder28
02-07-2007, 03:17 PM
[ Realistic Free Agent Wishlist. ]

1. Ken Hamlin, Safety.

2. Roderick Hood, CB.

3. Dominic Rhodes, RB.

I like Hood, but I don't know why you say realistic becuase there's 25 million in cap space and it would take a hit to the cap space but it would not be devastating to bring in a big name.

GB12
02-07-2007, 03:21 PM
nice ESPN report Jim Jim. I want to get one big time player(Thomas), but other than that we don't need to bring in other big names. Getting Thomas would decrease my want for Okoye. I think we need another playmaker on defense and either one would do the job.

princefielder28
02-07-2007, 03:23 PM
nice ESPN report Jim Jim. I want to get one big time player(Thomas), but other than that we don't need to bring in other big names. Getting Thomas would decrease my want for Okoye. I think we need another playmaker on defense and either one would do the job.

Bringing in Thomas would solidify the defense except for safety; what are thinking there???

Jim Jim
02-07-2007, 03:24 PM
We need to hammer out a list of free agents we're realistically going to go after, then designate one of us to make the list for Ward when it's time.

GB12
02-07-2007, 03:27 PM

Bringing in Thomas would solidify the defense except for safety; what are thinking there???

I'm not real big on getting a safety through the draft. I like Landry, but there are a couple players I want ahead of him. I would be ok with him, but as I said before I don't wan't Nelson. I am the biggest Underwood fan, and I think he could be the safety of the future. Manuel isn't terrible and improved over the season, and while he's not my favorite he can get the job done. Now I think we should still get someone in FA, but we don't need a star.

princefielder28
02-07-2007, 03:28 PM

I'm not real big on getting a safety through the draft. I like Landry, but there are a couple players I want ahead of him. I would be ok with him, but as I said before I don't wan't Nelson. I am the biggest Underwood fan, and I think he could be the safety of the future. Manuel isn't terrible and improved over the season, and while he's not my favorite he can get the job done. Now I think we should still get someone in FA, but we don't need a star.

What are your feeling about Mr. Michael Lewis???

GB12
02-07-2007, 03:30 PM
We need to hammer out a list of free agents we're realistically going to go after, then designate one of us to make the list for Ward when it's time.

We should start on that soon. We don't just give Ward a list, we need to fill this out Username:
Team:
Position (Head or Co):
Offseason moves made up to this point:
Player Target, Position, 2006 Team:
Reasons of your own to support your case:
Links to support your case:

Also the ESPN reports help a lot so we should get those going as soon as possible to get the guys we want.

princefielder28
02-07-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm reading the ESPN Ticker about Simeon Rice and it says that they're looking for a mid-late Day 1 pick. Now would his contract be too much to bring in and we could potentially package a deal including a 3rd round pick or is that unrealistic???

GB12
02-07-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm reading the ESPN Ticker about Simeon Rice and it says that they're looking for a mid-late Day 1 pick. Now would his contract be too much to bring in and we could potentially package a deal including a 3rd round pick or is that unrealistic???

I really don't have an interest in bringing him in at all.

As for Lewis, he could be a likely option.

jackalope
02-07-2007, 04:24 PM
when are we allowed to make offers on a free agent? we definitely need to go after a TE, Graham or Johnson.

LickaMahfeetz
02-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Isn't Lewis more of an "in the box" safety? Don't we already have a safety in Manual who's game is more taylored for playing in the box?

Why would we get Lewis when we need help with pass coverage?

jackalope
02-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Isn't Lewis more of an "in the box" safety? Don't we already have a safety in Manual who's game is more taylored for playing in the box?

Why would we get Lewis when we need help with pass coverage?i really don't see safety as a need even with the poor play of Manuel. i like Underwood.

LickaMahfeetz
02-07-2007, 04:36 PM

Why would we get Lewis when we need help with pass coverage?i really don't see safety as a need even with the poor play of Manuel. i like Underwood.

Same here. I believe that either Underwood will get the starting spot, but if Manuel does retain the postition, i think we change up the coverage enough where he's not a liability

LB51
02-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I think we shouldn't take Marshawn Lynch because he has character issues

McGraw
02-07-2007, 04:40 PM

Same here. I believe that either Underwood will get the starting spot, but if Manuel does retain the postition, i think we change up the coverage enough where he's not a liability

Manuel isn't so bad that we need to change up the coverage to protect him, just let him play on his strengths.

GB12
02-07-2007, 04:40 PM

Me too. I would like to bring someone in though with Hamlin at the top of the list. Hamlin is going to take a lot of money and should be a starter, so it probably isn't worth it. I am fine with Underwood and Manuel, but I don't think the others feel the same way.

Boston
02-07-2007, 04:45 PM

Me too. I would like to bring someone in though with Hamlin at the top of the list. Hamlin is going to take a lot of money and should be a starter, so it probably isn't worth it. I am fine with Underwood and Manuel, but I don't think the others feel the same way.

Depending on how many rounds this draft is, the packers should take a look at Michael Johnson. He would compliment Collins pretty well for the future, and make for some competition for backup jobs, possibly even starter.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/michaeljohnson.html

princefielder28
02-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Should we go after Willis McGahee??? He's a young back that could be a replacement for Ahman or if we get a deal we can let go of Ahman and invest somewhere else? Now a second round pick would be acceptable but defensive help would need to be included (Depth at the defensive tackle position is big for us and could we part with a member of the O-line? Kevin Barry?)

Jim Jim
02-07-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm open for anything, but I want to aggressively pursue Roderick Hood to come in and play our nickleback spot. He's a good corner, who's still fairly young and has a lot of potential.

I want to make a heavy push for him.

princefielder28
02-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Eric DeCosta said that he will franchise Adalius Thomas if a deal is not worked out.(Posted in ESPN TICKER)

Bad news for our possible plans? Still want to bring in LB? Lance Briggs?

GB12
02-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Eric DeCosta said that he will franchise Adalius Thomas if a deal is not worked out.(Posted in ESPN TICKER)

Well that sucks. I am almost certain that Briggs will be franchised, I thought Thomas would have hit the market. With those two guys not available I say we stick with Brady.

Jim Jim
02-07-2007, 06:07 PM

Well that sucks. I am almost certain that Briggs will be franchised, I thought Thomas would have hit the market. With those two guys not available I say we stick with Brady.

I posted another news thing, but I left Thomas off because it'd be dumb to say we're going after him after he's going to be franchised. Same with Briggs.

princefielder28
02-07-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm open for anything, but I want to aggressively pursue Roderick Hood to come in and play our nickleback spot. He's a good corner, who's still fairly young and has a lot of potential.

I want to make a heavy push for him.

I've always been a big fan of anybody that plays in the Philly secondary! :D

GB12
02-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I was asked about trading for Julius Jones. I told him that we aren't too interest but will listen to offers.

princefielder28
02-07-2007, 06:20 PM
I was asked about trading for Julius Jones. I told him that we aren't too interest but will listen to offers.

What about looking into McGahee?

fondoffilm
02-07-2007, 08:35 PM
So who's actually running your defense next season, Bob Sanders or Winston Moss?

princefielder28
02-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Make sure to check updated RFA information!!!

jackalope
02-07-2007, 08:38 PM
are we all in agreement about giving Cullen Jenkins a 1st round tender?

Jim Jim
02-07-2007, 08:40 PM

Yes. He can only go up in production, ala Aaron Kampman.

ny10804
02-07-2007, 08:44 PM

I am.

RockJock07
02-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but after reading all about this Randy Moss talk, it sounds like this is going to happen. I know all about his actions off the field but come on, favre to moss, that's an amazing duo that's almost like Manning to Harrison.

I don't care what happened in Oakland, that's were football players go to die. Someone on these forums said it best: I would have quit on the Raiders too. Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks and losing LaMont Jordon halfway through the season was crappy and Moss wasn't being used the way he should have. He wants out and what about getting Warren Sapp to?

With the addition of Moss, that opens everything else up and Favre goes to the Pro Bowl.

As for FA's I think Graham and June have very good chances being in a packer uni soon.

jackalope
02-07-2007, 09:00 PM
does anyone know if Mike Doss is worth taking a look at?

GB12
02-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but after reading all about this Randy Moss talk, it sounds like this is going to happen. I know all about his actions off the field but come on, favre to moss, that's an amazing duo that's almost like Manning to Harrison.

I don't care what happened in Oakland, that's were football players go to die. Someone on these forums said it best: I would have quit on the Raiders too. Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks and losing LaMont Jordon halfway through the season was crappy and Moss wasn't being used the way he should have. He wants out and what about getting Warren Sapp to?

With the addition of Moss, that opens everything else up and Favre goes to the Pro Bowl.

As for FA's I think Graham and June have very good chances being in a packer uni soon.

You are way too optimistic. It doesn't really sound like Moss will be a Packer. There is a chance, but right now it is slightly leaning to not going to happen. Warren Sapp? Where'd that come from?

Very good chances for June and Graham, wow. I think at best there is a 10% chance of signing June, and that's being generous. As for Graham it's maybe around 30% at best.

Jim Jim
02-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Nobody should put any faith in Randy Moss becoming a Packer, at all.

jpapa4490
02-07-2007, 09:31 PM

You are way too optimistic. It doesn't really sound like Moss will be a Packer. There is a chance, but right now it is slightly leaning to not going to happen. Warren Sapp? Where'd that come from?

Very good chances for June and Graham, wow. I think at best there is a 10% chance of signing June, and that's being generous. As for Graham it's maybe around 30% at best.

Thank you. I will be extermely pissed if we get moss because you just know it is going to backfire

GB12
02-07-2007, 09:35 PM

Thank you. I will be extermely pissed if we get moss because you just know it is going to backfire

:lol: Actually I am one that wants Moss. I was just stating how ridiculous his post was. Out of everything he said Moss is by far the most likely to happen.

PACKmanN
02-07-2007, 09:54 PM
does anyone know if Mike Doss is worth taking a look at?he has the same problem that Manuel has, he cant cover.

princefielder28
02-07-2007, 09:56 PM

agree

GB12
02-07-2007, 10:24 PM
I talked to the Bills they wanted a first or second for Mcgahee. I said no way to the first, and then he said he could get pick #38 for him so we ended talk. I don't think I'd give up the second anyway.

GB12
02-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Ok guys we are losing some ground. Have your list of free agents to seriously go after by 5 eastern tomorrow at the latest. The sooner the better though. right now FA is the most important thig so keep your focus on that.

someone447
02-07-2007, 11:13 PM
If it is like it was last year, we dont offer tenders, or even contracts. If it is a restricted free agent we can just say we will match the offer and we will keep them. Then Ward will pick who signs with who based on the pitch we give them.

fondoffilm
02-07-2007, 11:16 PM
So who's actually running your defense next season, Bob Sanders or Winston Moss?

GB12
02-07-2007, 11:21 PM
If it is like it was last year, we dont offer tenders, or even contracts. If it is a restricted free agent we can just say we will match the offer and we will keep them. Then Ward will pick who signs with who based on the pitch we give them.

I'm talking about guys on other teams that we want to go after. Both RFA and UFA.

GB12
02-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Ok, rule change, we need to sign RFA to offers too.

TitleTown088
02-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Isn't graham going to get resigned by NE?

johbur
02-08-2007, 01:11 AM

I would have some thoughts about giving Jenkins a top tender, making it a 1st and a 3rd. A team picking from 25+ in the 1st would have to have a look at him. He had more sacks than Mario illiams and he can also play (effectively) UT in your rush defense. Look at the results the Packers had when Jenkins made the switch. If the Colts actually had cap space, what DE could they get that would be anywhere close to Jenkins? He'd be a great rotation player with Freeney and Mathis, in that they'd get a 295-300 pound DE with proven pass-rush ability. Then, think of what Jenkins would be like at UT with Freeney and Mathis rushing the outside... To me, he's definately worth the #32 pick in the draft.

jackalope
02-08-2007, 07:24 AM
for offense there aren't any needs that would need to be targeted in FA other than TE, and i would be fine addressing that in the draft anyways. i would like to try to get these guys though. interior line depth may be another area to go after but i'm not really sure on who is there. the only guys on offense i'd really like to go after are...

1 Daniel Graham- he would solve the TE problem but it looks like NE is trying to resign him. i would like to go after him anyways.

2 Eric Johnson- I'm not as confident in him as i am with Graham, but he could probably be had more easily.

someone447
02-08-2007, 08:33 AM
I say we offer him a 1st and 3rd round tender. We have the cap space, and look how good out defense did with him.

someone447
02-08-2007, 08:50 AM
I say we offer Ryan a contract. As for other free agents, Thomas or Briggs, but if we don't get either of them, lets bring in someone to compete with Poppinga, much like we did with Taylor last year. Someone like Ej Henderson or Boss Bailey. I would like to resign Ahman Green. I like trying to sign Roderick Hood. I would rather get Eric Johnson as for tight end. But I am a fan of Olsen, and I think he can be had with our 2nd round pick. So not getting a TE in free agency wouldn't be too bad. Of course, if the Chargers offer Turner less than a 1st round tender, I would jump all over that. As you can see, there isn't a whole lot that I really want from free agency. There aren't a whole lot of people at the positions we need.

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 09:32 AM
I talked to the Bills they wanted a first or second for Mcgahee. I said no way to the first, and then he said he could get pick #38 for him so we ended talk. I don't think I'd give up the second anyway.

Honestly, how many players in round 2 are going to be as good as Willis McGahee? I think if we can send the 47th pick and a player to the Bills we would be helping the running back position greatly compared to having Ahman and then wondering if Lynch would drop to us or what we are going to do.

johbur
02-08-2007, 01:09 PM

Honestly, how many players in round 2 are going to be as good as Willis McGahee? I think if we can send the 47th pick and a player to the Bills we would be helping the running back position greatly compared to having Ahman and then wondering if Lynch would drop to us or what we are going to do.

Not give up a second for McGahee? Whatever. If Buffalo were offering him for the #16 pick, that'd be something you have to think about. Willis is still young, he does have the injury history, but he's also a proven producer int he NFL. There are plenty of first round running backs that never pan out. McGahee>Lynch.

someone447
02-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Lets offer our 1st and our 2nd for McGahee, their 2nd, and a late rounder.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-08-2007, 02:16 PM
The Packers are considering offering a 3rd round pick and Bubba Franks to the Raiders for Randy Moss. But Raiders owner Al Davis wants to meet with Moss to see if anything can be done to work out the disgruntled WR issues with the team.
thoughts? i say deal

someone447
02-08-2007, 02:44 PM
HELL YES!!! LETS THROW IN FERGUSON TOO, JUST FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES!!!

GB12
02-08-2007, 03:16 PM

You guys really like him that much? I am interested, but I don't want to give up our first.

cuzifelt1ikeit, where was that quote from?

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 03:25 PM

You guys really like him that much? I am interested, but I don't want to give up our first.

Like I've been saying lets give them our 2nd round pick and a player like Kevin Barry. We'd be getting good value with Willis and Kevin doesn't really fit in GB's plans anymore.

ny10804
02-08-2007, 03:28 PM
For McGahee, I'd offer a 2nd and Morency for him and a 4th.
For Moss, a 3rd and either Franks, Ferguson, or Ruvell Martin.

(realistic/possible) FAs
1. Drew Bennett, WR
2. Daniel Graham, TE
3. Nate Clements, CB
4. Ken Hamlin, S
5. Roderick Hood, CB
6. Cato June, LB
7. Dominic Rhodes

GB12
02-08-2007, 03:29 PM

Like I've been saying lets give them our 2nd round pick and a player like Kevin Barry. We'd be getting good value with Willis and Kevin doesn't really fit in GB's plans anymore.

That sounds alright. I just don't want to give up the first. We might need to throw in a little more still, but I'll see. That means we pretty much need to sign a TE in FA.

TitleTown088
02-08-2007, 03:32 PM
The Packers are considering offering a 3rd round pick and Bubba Franks to the Raiders for Randy Moss. But Raiders owner Al Davis wants to meet with Moss to see if anything can be done to work out the disgruntled WR issues with the team.
thoughts? i say dealI'm not a fan of moss. But if we could get him at that price why not?

Jim Jim
02-08-2007, 03:37 PM
...Nobody should actually want to trade our first rounder.

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 03:38 PM

That sounds alright. I just don't want to give up the first. We might need to throw in a little more still, but I'll see. That means we pretty much need to sign a TE in FA.

No I wouldn't give up the first either but if someone's willing to part with an All-Pro player at the price of a second round pick, I think we need to see if we could pull that deal. As far as TE it seems as if Graham will be unavailable but I know Eric Johnson has had past success, but I don't know if he's someone we want to look into.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-08-2007, 04:08 PM

cuzifelt1ikeit, where was that quote from?some rumor that someone who claims to have "sources" on the inside of the packers orginization or something like that. www.warroomdraftguide.com go to the rumor section he has been right on a couple of things before but also wrong on some so take it with a grain of salt. and he does have a decent amount of packer rumors each day, worth a read if you ask me

http://warroomdraftguide.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=87&sid=938e031468f304b63aaf0f8d66605555 theres the direct link if thats what your looking for

GB12
02-08-2007, 04:14 PM
He said a second and Barry wouldn't be enough. They want Corey Williams. :|

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 04:15 PM

Well if we could bring a DE or another DT that could dictate where we put Cullen Jenkins and we still have Colin Cole who is improving with time.

GB12
02-08-2007, 04:17 PM

Who, the Bills or Raiders?

For the Bills. Hold on I just got a PM from Windy.

Edit: The Raiders will make an offer by tonight. Windy has to talk with sarf and then they'll offer.

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 04:24 PM

Who, the Bills or Raiders?

For the Bills. Hold on I just got a PM from Windy.

Edit: The Raiders will make an offer by tonight. Windy has to talk with sarf and then they'll offer.

Okay, Good news I guess

ny10804
02-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Just throwing this out there, I asked the Skins what their asking price for Ladell Betts was, and:

Hmm maybe something like your 3rd rounder and Abdul Hodge

He's 27 and has little wear and tear on him. He's an everydown back, and is more effective if he has about 70% of the carries. Just something to consider...

The Legend
02-08-2007, 04:43 PM
UFA TEs

Brady, Kyle UFA Jaguars
Bruener, Mark UFA Texans
Gammon, Kendall UFA Chiefs
Graham, Daniel UFA Patriots
Heller, Will UFA Seahawks
Johnson, Eric UFA 49ers
Kelly, Reggie UFA Bengals
Lee, Donald UFA Packers
Martin, David UFA Packers
Miller, Billy UFA Saints
Moore, Dave UFA Buccaneers
Reid, Gabe UFA Bears
Shiancoe, Visanthe UFA Giants
Stewart, Tony UFA Bengals
Wakefield, Fred UFA Cardinals
Yoder, Todd UFA Redskins

players we may want to look at signing

the 3 FA , TE i want

i belive Mark & Kyle maybe the 2 best blocking TE in the NFL

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Just throwing this out there, I asked the Skins what their asking price for Ladell Betts was, and:

He's 27 and has little wear and tear on him. He's an everydown back, and is more effective if he has about 70% of the carries. Just something to consider...

I like the Hodge sitting behind Barnett though b/c he's about as solid backup as we have especially at LB.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-08-2007, 04:46 PM

He's 27 and has little wear and tear on him. He's an everydown back, and is more effective if he has about 70% of the carries. Just something to consider...dont trade hodge or our third rounder for that. id rather draft someone in the third round

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 04:47 PM
If we were to deal Corey does that mean it's a definite that we would bring back Allen at DT as well?

ny10804
02-08-2007, 04:48 PM

He's 27 and has little wear and tear on him. He's an everydown back, and is more effective if he has about 70% of the carries. Just something to consider...dont trade hodge or our third rounder for that. id rather draft someone in the third round

I wouldn't do that trade, but I would do Hodge and a 5th for him. Just conjecture. I don't like Hodge that much and I don't think he has much of a future with Barnett close to being locked up.

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 04:50 PM
but you need to have solid backups and he comes at a cheap price and I would rather pull a deal for Willis

GB12
02-08-2007, 04:53 PM

No way. I wouldn't give up a 5th alone for Betts.

The Legend
02-08-2007, 04:55 PM

No way. I wouldn't give up a 5th alone for Betts.

are you kidding me you , i would give up a 3rd round pick or 4th for the man

jackalope
02-08-2007, 04:56 PM
i definitely don't like the Ladell Betts trade. no way he's worth that much.

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 04:56 PM

Personally, what's your feeling about Willis?

someone447
02-08-2007, 05:01 PM

I would much rather have McGahee than Lynch, and Lynch seems to be the consensus on who we should target first round.

GB12
02-08-2007, 05:03 PM

I just had a chat with the Sermon. Like I expected he really doesn't think he's worth it. I have talked with him before and I knew he values Betts about the same as I do(not very high). He feels that someone will look at his numbers and over pay.

GB12
02-08-2007, 05:07 PM

I would much rather have McGahee than Lynch, and Lynch seems to be the consensus on who we should target first round.

I wouldn't want him over Lynch. Rob had to go, so that's as far as we got. We will pick it up when either he or art gets back. I would like Willis, but not for a first.

As for being a consensus for Lynch, I don't think that's the case. There actually are some other Okoye supporters, so if anything it's about a tie at most.

jackalope
02-08-2007, 05:07 PM

Personally, what's your feeling about Willis?i'm not sure really. i don't want to give up too much, and i would obviously like to keep our 1st rounder but McGahee would be a safer option than Lynch for example (who i'm hoping we take in the first) seeing as how you can never tell how players will pan out. i'd like to wait and hear the offer coming tonight.

The new tender amounts:
Low tender - $850,000
2nd Round tender - $1.3 million
1st Round tender - $1.85 million
1st and 3rd Round tender - $2.35 millionwe should come to a consensus on our RFAs, especially Cullen Jenkins. the debate seems to be between a 1st round tender and a 1st & 3rd round tender. i think we would be fine with only offering the 1st as i don't see another team willing to give up their 1st for him.

The Legend
02-08-2007, 05:09 PM
just remember guys you dont have to trade

the only trade i would want to see is simple

Moss for 3rd Round & Robert Ferg

but just wondering what do you guys think Bubba & KGB are Worth

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 05:10 PM

Personally, what's your feeling about Willis?i'm not sure really. i don't want to give up too much, and i would obviously like to keep our 1st rounder but McGahee would be a safer option than Lynch seeing as how you can never tell how players will pan out. i'd like to wait and hear the offer coming tonight.

The new tender amounts:
Low tender - $850,000
1st and 3rd Round tender - $2.35 millionwe should come to a consensus on our RFAs, especially Cullen Jenkins. the debate seems to be between a 1st round tender and a 1st & 3rd round tender. i think we would be fine with only offering the 1st as i don't see another team willing to give up their 1st for him.

I agree with your assessment with RFA but with Willis I would never trade the 1st rounder either but if someone's willing to accept a 2nd rounder and Corey Williams, we got to go and do it.

The Legend
02-08-2007, 05:11 PM

Personally, what's your feeling about Willis?i'm not sure really. i don't want to give up too much, and i would obviously like to keep our 1st rounder but McGahee would be a safer option than Lynch seeing as how you can never tell how players will pan out. i'd like to wait and hear the offer coming tonight.

The new tender amounts:
Low tender - $850,000

I agree with your assessment with RFA but with Willis I would never trade the 1st rounder either but if someone's willing to accept a 2nd rounder and Corey Williams, we got to go and do it.

hopefully just a 2nd round i want to keep williams in that draft he was our only bright spot

GB12
02-08-2007, 05:11 PM

Personally, what's your feeling about Willis?i'm not sure really. i don't want to give up too much, and i would obviously like to keep our 1st rounder but McGahee would be a safer option than Lynch for example (who i'm hoping we take in the first) seeing as how you can never tell how players will pan out. i'd like to wait and hear the offer coming tonight.

The new tender amounts:
Low tender - $850,000

I also say a first round only. 2.35 seems too high and we always have the option of matching their offer.

As for the bolded, that was for the Raiders about Moss. We should get more from the Bills when one of their GMs gets back on.

jackalope
02-08-2007, 05:12 PM

The new tender amounts:
Low tender - $850,000

I agree with your assessment with RFA but with Willis I would never trade the 1st rounder either but if someone's willing to accept a 2nd rounder and Corey Williams, we got to go and do it.our 2nd and Williams isn't a bad deal. if we were to do that and Okoye were to fall to us in the 1st that would work out great.

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 05:13 PM

The new tender amounts:
Low tender - $850,000

I also say a first round only. 2.35 seems too high and we always have the option of matching their offer.

As for the bolded, that was for the Raiders about Moss. We should get more from the Bills when one of their GMs gets back on.

Thanks for the update and whats the deal with Moss?

GB12
02-08-2007, 05:15 PM

Franks and KGB are pretty much worthless. We couldn't give them away last time.

As for Williams, I think PF28 is undervalueing him. I want to get a lower round draft pick back if we do him and a second. It won't be a big deal if we end up getting Okoye, but that's unsure and we don't want to screw ourselves over. It would take more than a second though. They have #38 on the table.

Jim Jim
02-08-2007, 05:16 PM
We run a zoneblocking system now, and the team is approving to a point where we can plug an average running back who can have good numbers behind it, ala Denver Broncos.

We need to stop thinking about trading our players and picks for Willis McGahee who's injury prone and not worth it.

GB12
02-08-2007, 05:19 PM
We run a zoneblocking system now, and the team is approving to a point where we can plug an average running back who can have good numbers behind it, ala Denver Broncos.

We need to stop thinking about trading our players and picks for Willis McGahee who's injury prone and not worth it.

That's why I am kind of against getting him, but the others showed interest so I checked it out. It doesn't hurt to look. Infact I have learned by doing these that it is best to look at every trade you are offered or have the slightest interest in.

As for the Moss offer, I still haven't got anything.

The Legend
02-08-2007, 05:19 PM

The new tender amounts:
Low tender - $850,000

Thanks for the update and whats the deal with Moss?

here is something from packersnew.com

The vision of Randy Moss pretending to moon Green Bay Packers fans at Lambeau Field during a Minnesota Vikings’ playoff victory two years ago is hard to forget.

That’s why reaction to rumors that Moss could be traded to the Packers has been decidedly mixed.

Moss is a five-time Pro Bowl wide receiver capable of filling the offensive playmaker role the Packers so desperately need. But with his extraordinary skill comes potential baggage, which is something the Packers must ponder long and hard.

At first glance, the thought of Moss wearing a Packers’ uniform seems far-fetched. His demeanor and attitude don’t appear to be a good fit in Green Bay.

But stranger things have happened. Who would have predicted in 1996 that often misunderstood receiver Andre Rison would become an integral part of the Packers team that marched to a Super Bowl title?

During his short tenure here, Rison had no trouble fitting into a small-town environment. Winning tends to dissolve problems and shrink egos.

Who’s to say Moss couldn’t come to Green Bay and become the bona fide deep threat Brett Favre has been longing for? Moss would be a perfect complement to Pro Bowl receiver Donald Driver. Moss and Driver would form the most dynamic receiving tandem Favre has seen, and opposing defenses would be severely tested.

Favre and Moss at one time had the same agent, Bus Cook. The players reportedly share a mutual respect. There can be no doubt Favre would love the opportunity to throw to Moss.

For that to become a reality, numerous obstacles must be cleared.

It’s no secret Moss’ team, the Oakland Raiders, have been shopping him around. Moss had a disastrous two-year stint in Oakland. With no decent quarterback to throw him the ball and playing on an abysmal 2-14 club, Moss caught just 42 passes for 553 yards last year.

Some say he quit on his team. Others suggest the Raiders quit on him.

His less-than-stellar 2006 season has made Moss both available and affordable. The Raiders gave up a first-round draft pick (No. 7 overall), seventh-round pick and linebacker Napoleon Harris for Moss in March 2005. The asking price should be much less this time around.

The best guess is it would take a second-round draft pick to get Moss, who will turn 30 next week.

Packers General Manager Ted Thompson made it clear he made no promises to Favre about bolstering the offense. Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy are adamant that no player - even Favre - will dictate how they rebuild the team.
Thompson would rather stockpile draft picks than give them away, which makes a trade less likely.

There also is Moss’ 2007 base salary of more than $9 million to consider. The Packers have enough room under the salary cap and could restructure the terms of the deal, but the sometimes-temperamental Moss wouldn’t come cheap.

However, it’s rare when a special player like Moss is available. Assuming the trade terms are reasonable, the Packers should take a risk on a legitimate difference-maker.

Fans will have to forgive Moss for his past antics. But that’s a small price to pay to acquire someone who can ignite the offense and elevate the Packers into a contending team

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 05:20 PM

Franks and KGB are pretty much worthless. We couldn't give them away last time.

As for Williams, I think PF28 is undervalueing him. I want to get a lower round draft pick back if we do him and a second. It won't be a big deal if we end up getting Okoye, but that's unsure and we don't want to screw ourselves over. It would take more than a second though. They have #38 on the table.

I know Corey is a solid player but if there's depth on this team it is in the DL. Colin Cole is a very capable player and if we brought in a DE through Free Agency then we could bring Cullen back inside or we could just sign another DT that is very solid as a backup or potential starter.

Edit: Bring back Kendrick Allen and go out and get a DE like Justin Smith if the Bengals don't put a tag on him; former 1st rounder that is a definite improvement over KGB

jackalope
02-08-2007, 05:21 PM

That's why I am kind of against getting him, but the others showed interest so I checked it out. It doesn't hurt to look. Infact I have learned by doing these that it is best to look at every trade you are offered or have the slightest interest in.

As for the Moss offer, I still haven't got anything.i'm really would rather not trade for McGahee, but if we can get a good deal we might as well. if we were to have to give up our second we would have to pursue a FA TE.

The Legend
02-08-2007, 05:25 PM
quick question

lets say we trade our 2nd Round for Willis McGahee

would you still be willing to trade our 3rd Round for Randy Moss

GB12
02-08-2007, 05:30 PM
quick question

I don't really want to give up all our picks. I would also rather have Moss more than McGahee. Infact the more I think about it the less I want Willis. Why hurt our DL and give up a second for someone who could be a bit of an upgrade, but is certainly not needed.

The Legend
02-08-2007, 05:32 PM
quick question

I don't really want to give up all our picks. I would also rather have Moss more than McGahee. Infact the more I think about it the less I want Willis. Why hurt our DL and give up a second for someone who could be a bit of an upgrade, but is certainly not needed.

and something even worst can happen he gets to hurt and he goes on ir

why have 2 RB (Willis McGahee & Ahman Green) who are injury prone

maybe lose both

another question (cause we are talkling bills)

is there and truth to the rumor of spikes (who has 3 years in a row with injury problems and has not gone over 100 tackles in the last 3 years) could be on the trade block? who i hear is still not fully heal'd and has a big contract comeing up this year

Jim Jim
02-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Our main focus right now is getting a list of free agents. Not a huge list so that it looks like we're trying to get everybody, but a realistic list of five or six free agents.

I want Roderick Hood and Dominic Rhodes, Hood the most.

The Legend
02-08-2007, 06:55 PM
lol maybe we can get Ricky Williams for a 7th round pick :D

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Our main focus right now is getting a list of free agents. Not a huge list so that it looks like we're trying to get everybody, but a realistic list of five or six free agents.

I want Roderick Hood and Dominic Rhodes, Hood the most.

I'm not a big fan of Rhodes even though he had a solid Super Bowl but Hood is good. I would still like to see an impact player brought in though, but right now it seems like we're just filling in holes.

Whats the case with Dwight Freeney? Have the Colts put a tag on him?

ny10804
02-08-2007, 08:31 PM
All we all set on offering Cullen Jenkins the 1st round tender? I have the ESPN Ticker thing ready to go if we do.

GB12
02-08-2007, 08:34 PM
All we all set on offering Cullen Jenkins the 1st round tender? I have the ESPN Ticker thing ready to go if we do.

Yeah, I don't think anyone objects so go ahead.

princefielder28
02-08-2007, 09:58 PM
There needs to be adecision made on what free agents are going to be attempted to be brought in.

Right now I think some people are happy with Roderick Hood, but outside of that there really hasn't been a consensus pick.

Where are we looking and at whom are we strongly considering???

ny10804
02-08-2007, 11:22 PM
There needs to be adecision made on what free agents are going to be attempted to be brought in.

Right now I think some people are happy with Roderick Hood, but outside of that there really hasn't been a consensus pick.

Where are we looking and at whom are we strongly considering???

Based on Joe Arrigo, apparently Ted Thompson has taken a key interest in Justin Griffith, FB of the ZBS Atlanta Falcons. He would be a good pickup, but the Falcons are trying to extend him. Worth a go I guess.

princefielder28
02-09-2007, 06:43 AM
Here's a thought:

We could bring in one of the big time corners and move Charles Woodson to the other safety position.

Empire
02-09-2007, 06:55 AM
Here's a thought:

We could bring in one of the big time corners and move Charles Woodson to the other safety position.

Not going to happen. Woodson chose the Packers over the Bucs because the Bucs wanted him to become a safety and the Packers were still willing to let him play corner.

jackalope
02-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Here's a thought:

Not going to happen. Woodson chose the Packers over the Bucs because the Bucs wanted him to become a safety and the Packers were still willing to let him play corner.yeah, we're probably gonna have to keep Woodson at corner.

Whistler6
02-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Woodson just had the best year of his career..Yeah him and Harris are above 30 now, but I see no reason to move those 2 guys around.

***Im still pretty pumped with the fact that everyone else in the NFL thought it was too much money and he was overrated.

Jim Jim
02-09-2007, 11:59 AM
We need to get on this people. We need to designate somebody to send in a good, detailed list to Ward with the needed information. I'll volunteer to do it, but we need to hurry up and get on this thing.

The Legend
02-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Woodson play'd realy hard this year to stay courner

Randy Starks looks like a some good talent to maybe bring in

Randy Starks
Cullen Jenkins
Ryan Pickett
Corey Williams

that would be solid core

The Legend
02-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Free Agent Roster

Postion - Name - Height - Weight - Age - Years Pro(Starting Next Year)

OLB - DeMorrio Williams - 6'0 - 230 - 26 - 4 - Possible Starter (ROLB)
Last Year : Tackles 90 / Interceptions 1 / Sacks 2
Career High : Tackles 130 / Interceptions 2 / Sacks 1
Career Stats : Tackles 275 / Interceptions 3 / Sacks 7

DT - Randy Starks - 6'3 - 310 - 23 - 4 (Very Young)
Last Year : Tackles 40 / Sacks 3
Career High : Tackles 50 / Sacks 5
Career Stats : Tackles 120 / Sacks 10

DB - David Macklin - 5'10 - 210 - 28 - 8
Last Year : Tackles 35 / Interceptions 1 /
Career High : Tackles 75 / Interceptions 4
Career Stats : Tackles 350 / Interceptions 15

S - Robert Griffith - 6'0 - 200 - 36 - 14 - Possible Starter (SS)
Last Year : Tackles 80 / Interceptions 3
Career High : Tackles 130 / Interceptions 5
Career Stats : Tackles 1100 / Interceptions 30

WR - Troy Brown - 5'10 - 200 - 35 - 15
Last Year : Receptions 45 / Yards 400 / Touchdowns 4
Career High : Receptions 100 / Yards 1200 / Touchdowns 6
Career Stats : Receptions 550 / Yards 6500 / Touchdowns 30

KR - Michael Lewis - 5'7 - 170 - 35 - 7 Possible Starter (KR)
Last Year : Kick Returns 40 / Punt Return 20 / Kick Returns Yards 1000 / Punt Return Yards 110
Career High : Kick Returns 70 / Punt Return 50 / Kick Returns Yards 1800 / Punt Return Yards 625
Career Stats : Kick Returns 250 / Punt Return 150 / Kick Returns Yards 6000 / Punt Return Yards 1500

TE - Mark Bruener - 6'4 - 250 - 34 - 13
Last Year : Receptions 10 / Yards 60 / Touchdowns 2
Career High : Receptions 25 / Yards 250 / Touchdowns 6
Career Stats : Receptions 150 / Yards 1300 / Touchdowns 20

TE - Kyle Brady - 6'6 - 285 - 35
Last Year : Receptions 5 / Yards 40 / Touchdowns 0
Career High : Receptions 70 / Yards 700 / Touchdowns 4
Career Stats : Receptions 350 / Yards 3500 / Touchdowns 25

Put some work in it tell me what you think?

Memorex
02-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Just throwing this draft day out there, you guys will probably rip me apart, but thats alright, I'm a phins fan, but my dad loves a Packers so I get a lot of it.

This is what they should do, on draft day:

Trade down in the first round and get some help on D hopefully for a second round pick and who-ever's first rounder.

Then take that that lower 2nd and trade it to the Bills for Mcgahee

Trade the the 3rd and Ferguson to the Radiers for Moss

Use their 2nd Round pick that they have left to get Olson from Miami.

Use the rest of the draft to improve the secondary and D-line

I know Ted Thompson doesn't like to trade away picks, but he needs to realize that this is probably Brett's last year, and he needs guys that can get the job done now.

If they would do this their skilled Offensive players would be like this:

QB: Favre
RB: Willis
WR1: Moss
WR2: Driver
Slot WR: Jennings
4th WR: K-Rob
TE: Olson

I mean i know Willis has injury problems, but so does Ahman, and I dont think that Lynch would be able to get it done in one year. I know they have been rebuilding, but you have to go all out for Brett.

Alright, now you can flame away, on how this would never work, and how Moss is just trouble, even though Brett is his favorite player, and Brett wants him here.

sik wit it
02-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Just throwing this draft day out there, you guys will probably rip me apart, but thats alright, I'm a phins fan, but my dad loves a Packers so I get a lot of it.

This is what they should do, on draft day:

Trade their 1st round pick for a high 2nd and a 3rd

Then take that that high 2nd and trade it to the Bills for Mcgahee

Trade one the the 3rd's and Ferguson to the Radiers for Moss

Use their 2nd Round pick that they have left to get Olson from Miami.

Use the rest of the draft to improve the secondary and D-line

I know Ted Thompson doesn't like to trade away picks, but he needs to realize that this is probably Brett's last year, and he needs guys that can get the job done now.

If they would do this their skilled Offensive players would be like this:

QB: Favre
RB: Willis
WR1: Moss
WR2: Driver
Slot WR: Jennings
4th WR: K-Rob
TE: Olson

I mean i know Willis has injury problems, but so does Ahman, and I dont think that Lynch would be able to get it done in one year. I know they have been rebuilding, but you have to go all out for Brett.

Alright, now you can flame away, on how this would never work, and how Moss is just trouble, even though Brett is his favorite player, and Brett wants him here.
if we could be gauranteed contender i'd say go ahead and do it but i don't want to go balls to the wall one year and sacrafice our very very bright future.

PackerFan20
02-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Somewhere in the 2nd-4th round we need to grab a CB, he will compete with Dendy for #3 and in 3 or 4 years takeover for Harris or Woodson. Also getting Michael Lewis would be great because our KR game needs a boost

GB12
02-09-2007, 02:59 PM
We need to get on this people. We need to designate somebody to send in a good, detailed list to Ward with the needed information. I'll volunteer to do it, but we need to hurry up and get on this thing.

Yeah, if you could make a draft of our roster that'd be great. I don't have time to discuss FAs now, but should be back on in an hour to 1 and a half.

Whistler6
02-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Im not so sure Marshawn is going to be there when we draft...even is he is, I dont know if I would draft him. I wouldnt mind seeing us draft a WR, S, or that ASU TE. The TE maybe because after the combine, I dont think Olsen will fall anywhere near our 2nd round pick. Also with the RB situation, there are several solid back who could turn into franchise backs. I think Kenny Irons would be awesome. Darius Walker and Micheal Bush are both in there too. This is kinda me just rambling...

Whistler6
02-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Dont get me wrong...I would be absolutely pumped with Lynch too

princefielder28
02-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Free Agent suggestions

1. Resign RB Ahman Green and DT Kendrick Allen

2. Offensively look at TE Eric Johnson and WR Donte Stallworth

3. Defensively look at Roderick Hood, Lance Schulters (he can compete for job over Manuel and if he can return to old form he could be a solid contributor), and Tully Banta-Cain (young linebacker that adds depth with Taylor gone)

ny10804
02-09-2007, 06:44 PM
1. Brett Favre
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Ingle Martin

4. Ahman Green (UFA)
5. Vernand Morency
6. Noah Herron (ERFA)
7. P.J. Pope

8. Brandon Miree
9. William Henderson

10. Donald Driver
11. Greg Jennings
12. Ruvell Martin
13. Carlye Holiday
14. Shaun Bodiford
15. Chris Francies

16. Bubba Franks
17. David Martin (UFA)
18. Donald Lee (UFA)
19. Tory Humphrey (ERFA)

20. Chad Clifton
21. Mark Tauscher
22. Tony Moll

23. Jason Spitz
24. Daryn College
25. Junius Coston

26. Scott Wells

27. Aaron Kampman
28. Cullen Jenkins
29. Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
30. Mike Montgomery
31. Jason Hunter

32. Ryan Pickett
33. Corey Williams
34. Colin Cole (ERFA)
35. Johnny Jolly

36. Nick Barnett
37. Abdul Hodge

38. A.J. Hawk
39. Brady Poppinga
40. Ben Taylor (UFA)
41. Tracy White (UFA)

42. Charles Woodson
43. Al Harris
44. Patrick Dendy
45. Will Blackmon
46. Jarret Bush

47. Nick Collins
48. Marquand Manuel
49. Marviel Underwood
50. Tyrone Culver

51. Dave Rayner
52. Jon Ryan
53. Rob Davis

GB12
02-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Raiders send:

Randy Moss WR

Packers send:

3rd Round Pick #80

Ruvell Martin WR

:D I say we do it.

ny10804
02-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Raiders send:

Randy Moss WR

Packers send:

3rd Round Pick #80

Ruvell Martin WR

As do I.

jackalope
02-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Raiders send:

Randy Moss WR

Packers send:

3rd Round Pick #80

Ruvell Martin WR

As do I.i'm not really for it, but it's decent value, so go ahead

GB12
02-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Raiders send:

Randy Moss WR

Packers send:

3rd Round Pick #80

Ruvell Martin WR

As do I.i'm not really for it, but it's decent value, so go aheadI'm going to wait for another CoGM to agree, then it will be majority with 2/3.

Jim Jim
02-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Let's do the Moss trade.

someone447
02-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Lets do it. I would rather it be Ferguson, but thats fine.

GB12
02-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Sent.

princefielder28
02-09-2007, 08:10 PM
What is free agency looking like now???

Jim Jim
02-09-2007, 08:11 PM

We need to do this now.

I'm suggesting Roderick Hood as the guy I want the most. Everybody else should suggest someone too.

And then we need someone to send the free agent list in email to Ward, and I'd be happy to do it.

jackalope
02-09-2007, 08:15 PM

We need to do this now.

I'm suggesting Roderick Hood as the guy I want the most. Everybody else should suggest someone too.

And then we need someone to send the free agent list in email to Ward, and I'd be happy to do it.as i've said, Graham would be my first want but he more than likely won't be there so Eric Johnson would be the guy on offense i'd most want to pursue.

princefielder28
02-09-2007, 08:15 PM

We need to do this now.

And then we need someone to send the free agent list in email to Ward, and I'd be happy to do it.

I'd like Tully Banta-Cain to come in at linebacker

What's the solution to our safety problem??

GB12
02-09-2007, 08:32 PM

We need to do this now.

We can't before tomarrow at noon. Check the FA thread just to make sure everything is right. I think Hood is a good idea, I would like to try at Johnson, but he's not a big deal as I think we can get a TE in round 2. Mike Doss might be worth a look at Safety.

Jim Jim
02-09-2007, 09:34 PM
1. Roderick Hood.
2. Eric Johnson.
3. Tully Banta-Cain.

What do you guys think about Dominic Rhodes? It would eliminate the need for an early RB.

princefielder28
02-09-2007, 09:51 PM
1. Roderick Hood.
2. Eric Johnson.
3. Tully Banta-Cain.

What do you guys think about Dominic Rhodes? It would eliminate the need for an early RB.

But Rhodes still isn't as young as I like but I've been reading that Freeney will be available; should we make a run at him???

Don't get me wrong but we will still have Ahman and if we're able to draft a player that has 6 less years on his tires, we are, in my belief, helping ourselves.

someone447
02-09-2007, 11:34 PM
I like those 3 as the ones we have to really go for. Then we can pick up a few people as backups later in the free agency. I don't like Dominic Rhodes, sure he had a good super bowl, but that was his first 100 yard game in like 6 years.

johbur
02-10-2007, 01:53 AM
Free Agent Roster

Position - Name - Height - Weight - Age - Years Pro(Starting Next Year)

OLB - DeMorrio Williams - 6'0 - 230 - 26 - 4 - Possible Starter (ROLB)
Last Year : Tackles 90 / Interceptions 1 / Sacks 2
Career High : Tackles 130 / Interceptions 2 / Sacks 1
Career Stats : Tackles 275 / Interceptions 3 / Sacks 7
DeMorrio had solid year last year and would be an asset. The real question on this is he a better coverage and blitz backer than Poppinga? I actually don't have many problems with our LBs right now. Hawk/Barnett are just going to get better. Hodge is in the background. White is a very good special teamer, Ben Taylor was good on teams. Then there's Poppinga, who I think could have a very good year this upcoming year as he really started understanding his coverage assignments at the end of the year. White and Taylor could be replaced/upgraded, but you better be upgrading to guys who are good on teams.

DT - Randy Starks - 6'3 - 310 - 23 - 4 (Very Young)
Last Year : Tackles 40 / Sacks 3
Career High : Tackles 50 / Sacks 5
Career Stats : Tackles 120 / Sacks 10
Could be good in the DT rotation if we lose a DT. If Kendrick Allen comes back healthy and Colin Cole comes back, again, I don't have a problem with our DTs. I like Amobi Akoye in R1, but that's because he's young, athletic, experienced and a good interior rusher. I don't see Starks as an upgrade over Corey Williams or Ryan Pickett. And would you pay big money for a guy who it is debatable how much an upgrade he'd be over Johnny Jolly, Cole or Allen as a backup?

DB - David Macklin - 5'10 - 210 - 28 - 8
Last Year : Tackles 35 / Interceptions 1 /
Career High : Tackles 75 / Interceptions 4
Career Stats : Tackles 350 / Interceptions 15
He's not a play-maker and he's on the downside of his career. He is not the superior athlete Woodson is, nor did he sit behind two great corners like Al did and not have too much wear and tear on his body. Are you thinking Safety? Maybe, but I don't see him being any better than Manuel.

S - Robert Griffith - 6'0 - 200 - 36 - 14 - Possible Starter (SS)
Last Year : Tackles 80 / Interceptions 3
Career High : Tackles 130 / Interceptions 5
Career Stats : Tackles 1100 / Interceptions 30
The second Cardinal you have listed. If he were any good, the Cards would keep him. He's old and has terrible form on his tackles. He still can lay the wood, but he's not going to be an upgrade to Manuel.

WR - Troy Brown - 5'10 - 200 - 35 - 15
Last Year : Receptions 45 / Yards 400 / Touchdowns 4
Career High : Receptions 100 / Yards 1200 / Touchdowns 6
Career Stats : Receptions 550 / Yards 6500 / Touchdowns 30
Amusing thought. He's a winner and I'd take him as a coach. He does not fit the WCO, but he plays DB in a pinch and is reliable. I'd take him over Robert Ferguson. I am intrigued by our late WR pick-ups and am interested to see how the draft and training camp define the position. This past year, he would have been the 3rd WR on the club, so it's not like he couldn't be used as a veteran influence on a really young team.

KR - Michael Lewis - 5'7 - 170 - 35 - 7 Possible Starter (KR)
Last Year : Kick Returns 40 / Punt Return 20 / Kick Returns Yards 1000 / Punt Return Yards 110
Career High : Kick Returns 70 / Punt Return 50 / Kick Returns Yards 1800 / Punt Return Yards 625
Career Stats : Kick Returns 250 / Punt Return 150 / Kick Returns Yards 6000 / Punt Return Yards 1500
No. Too little and too old. I do not want a special teamer aboard that does not contribute to the team another way, excpet the kickers and LS.

TE - Mark Bruener - 6'4 - 250 - 34 - 13
Last Year : Receptions 10 / Yards 60 / Touchdowns 2
Career High : Receptions 25 / Yards 250 / Touchdowns 6
Career Stats : Receptions 150 / Yards 1300 / Touchdowns 20
No. Old and had 10 receptions last year. He had 2 TDs, but really, no.

TE - Kyle Brady - 6'6 - 285 - 35
Last Year : Receptions 5 / Yards 40 / Touchdowns 0
Career High : Receptions 70 / Yards 700 / Touchdowns 4
Career Stats : Receptions 350 / Yards 3500 / Touchdowns 25
Ditto. Old, no TDs. We might as well keep Franks.

Put some work in it tell me what you think?

Good work on the list. My comments in bold in your text block. Out of that group, Demorrio the only one worth looking at seriously, IMO.

ImBrotherCain
02-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Man i hate Kampman we should get rid of him.
I was just playing madden, down by 3 to the Jets. Kampman forces the fumble, picks it up runs 70 yards and fumbles then the Jets pick it up. UGHH!

Sorry if no one cares but i had to rant
PS. i really dont want to get rid of Kampman, I like him alot just not right now

ny10804
02-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Man i hate Kampman we should get rid of him.
I was just playing madden, down by 3 to the Jets. Kampman forces the fumble, picks it up runs 70 yards and fumbles then the Jets pick it up. UGHH!

Sorry if no one cares but i had to rant
PS. i really dont want to get rid of Kampman, I like him alot just not right now

Reading this, I really think we should release him and cut our losses. Agreed?

Jim Jim
02-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Posted another FA Ticker.

Who's sending our list in, and what is our list?

I have Roderick Hood, Tully-Banta Cain and Eric Johnson.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-10-2007, 11:37 AM
what do u guys think about us making a run at Tony Gonzalez?

someone447
02-10-2007, 11:39 AM

Those are the only people I have on the list also.

Jim Jim
02-10-2007, 11:42 AM

Those are the only people I have on the list also.

How about you do a fill out for Eric Johnson, send it a PM to me, and I'll fill out Hood/Cain, since I don't know where GB is.

ImBrotherCain
02-10-2007, 11:51 AM

Tony G was signed a couple months ago

ny10804
02-10-2007, 11:51 AM

He was resigned.

I think our best bet is Johnson, with the MM connection. Followed by Hood and Banta-Cain.

Jim Jim
02-10-2007, 11:55 AM
I've got Roderick Hood done. Can somebody do Banta-Cain and Eric Johnson, then PM it to me? If not, I'll do them both I guess.

Jim Jim
02-10-2007, 12:19 PM
I didn't want us to get behind so I just did all three of them, I sent the email to Ward.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-10-2007, 12:40 PM

He was resigned.

I think our best bet is Johnson, with the MM connection. Followed by Hood and Banta-Cain.
o sry, I was talking about the real thing not the offseason.

GB12
02-10-2007, 12:59 PM

I too posted a ticker about them last night.

Sorry I wasn't here. I overslept and had to help a friend with something. It looks like you did a good job though.

GB12
02-10-2007, 01:01 PM

He was resigned.

o sry, I was talking about the real thing not the offseason.

He was resigned by the chiefs a while ago.

someone447
02-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Ya, I sorry I wasn't here either, I had to do speed training, I try out for UTEPs team on Wednesday. I can do a real quick one for Johnson though.

princefielder28
02-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Is there any way we could bring in Dwight Freeney or is that not possible???

GB12
02-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Ya, I sorry I wasn't here either, I had to do speed training, I try out for UTEPs team on Wednesday. I can do a real quick one for Johnson though.

Jim Jim said he got them all.

And I don't think it's worth going after Freeney.

princefielder28
02-10-2007, 01:07 PM

Alright, are we pretty much set then with Free Agents or do we want to bring in players other than Hood, Johnson, and Banta-Cain?

someone447
02-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Oh I missed that. I just sent you guys both the writeup I did. We can sit back and we only will need to pick up a few backups later in the postseason.

jackalope
02-10-2007, 02:03 PM

Alright, are we pretty much set then with Free Agents or do we want to bring in players other than Hood, Johnson, and Banta-Cain?that list sounds fine. i agree that we shouldn't go after Freeny.

Whistler6
02-10-2007, 02:58 PM
I just read an article by John Clayton on ESPN.com. It said the Colts are most likely going to cut Corey Simon and Brandon Stokely

Would anybody be interested in those 2 guys? I think Stokely if he can get healthy is a tough slot WR and could be a good over the middle guys for Favre.

Any thoughts?

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-10-2007, 03:11 PM
I'd say stay away from Stokley because of his injury problems.

Anyway, I'm still jo-joing back and forth on if the Packers should take Lynch in the 1st. Other possibilities are Dwayne Jarrett, Reggie Nelson or maybe Laron Laundry. Anyway, who do u guys think this the best choice for the Pack and the most likely pick?

Jim Jim
02-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I'd say stay away from Stokley because of his injury problems.

Anyway, I'm still jo-joing back and forth on if the Packers should take Lynch in the 1st. Other possibilities are Dwayne Jarrett, Reggie Nelson or maybe Laron Laundry. Anyway, who do u guys think this the best choice for the Pack and the most likely pick?

Green Bay will trade down.

jpapa4490
02-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I think we pick jarret if we dont get moss, i don't necessarily want that to happen but i think thats wut is going to happen, or we get lynch which is wut i want to happen

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-10-2007, 03:27 PM
My Ideal Packer offseason

Free Agency Signees:
RB Michael Turner
CB Asante Samuel

Draftees:
Round 1: Dwayne Jarrett- WR- USC

Round 2: Zach Miller- TE- Arizona State

Round 3: Aaron Rouse- S- Va. Tech

GB12
02-10-2007, 03:29 PM

Free Agency Signees:
RB Michael Turner
CB Asante Samuel

Draftees:
Round 1: Dwayne Jarrett- WR- USC

Round 2: Zach Miller- TE- Arizona State

Round 3: Aaron Rouse- S- Va. Tech

You can't have Turner and a first. As a RFA Turner will get the high tender, so it'd take a first to get him.

Jim Jim
02-10-2007, 04:31 PM
I sure hope we get our free agents.

princefielder28
02-10-2007, 04:48 PM

Are we going to stay at 16 or are we going to trade down for more draft picks since we lost our 3rd rounder???

GB12
02-10-2007, 04:57 PM

Are we going to stay at 16 or are we going to trade down for more draft picks since we lost our 3rd rounder???

I want to see what's at 16. If nothing is there then we can move down, but I don't want to do it before the draft.

princefielder28
02-10-2007, 05:14 PM

I want to see what's at 16. If nothing is there then we can move down, but I don't want to do it before the draft.

sounds good

jackalope
02-10-2007, 05:20 PM

I want to see what's at 16. If nothing is there then we can move down, but I don't want to do it before the draft.that's what i'd like to do.

someone447
02-10-2007, 06:55 PM
There isn't really a lot of time when we are on the clock. We have to be talking to people before. Say we target Okoye, we set up a trade that says if Okoye isn't there, we will trade the pick for whatever. Two hours isn't usually enough time because not everyone is always on.

I really like Okoye and Landry. I'm not a big fan of picking Lynch.

GB12
02-10-2007, 06:58 PM
There isn't really a lot of time when we are on the clock. We have to be talking to people before. Say we target Okoye, we set up a trade that says if Okoye isn't there, we will trade the pick for whatever. Two hours isn't usually enough time because not everyone is always on.

I really like Okoye and Landry. I'm not a big fan of picking Lynch.

Well we don't have to wait until we're on the clock. If we are 2 or three picks away and all our players are gone or looks to be picked we can start.

someone447
02-10-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm just saying from my experience last year, it is better to start talking to teams now. Trust me on this one, if we wait and don't have enough time to trade down and we end up getting stuck you are gonna regret it. We just need to start talks as soon as FA is done. Talks take too long to only have even a day to do it. There are always people who don't respond quick enough.

GB12
02-10-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm just saying from my experience last year, it is better to start talking to teams now. Trust me on this one, if we wait and don't have enough time to trade down and we end up getting stuck you are gonna regret it. We just need to start talks as soon as FA is done. Talks take too long to only have even a day to do it. There are always people who don't respond quick enough.
We should get a couple teams lined up, I'm just saying don't make a trade yet.

someone447
02-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Ya, thats all I was saying too.

TitleTown088
02-10-2007, 07:42 PM
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k95/midwestfan/?action=view&current=longtdrun.flv

Will the packers use these agian anytime soon? I think they look real dank, and we should bring them back for a game this year.

GB12
02-10-2007, 08:11 PM
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k95/midwestfan/?action=view&current=longtdrun.flv

Will the packers use these agian anytime soon? I think they look real dank, and we should bring them back for a game this year.

If we are in the Thanksgiving day we should instead of the "throw back" that is just changing the facemask to gray.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-10-2007, 09:09 PM
How's the roster shaping up for the Pack in this offseason?

02-10-2007, 09:36 PM

If we are in the Thanksgiving day we should instead of the "throw back" that is just changing the facemask to gray.Those jersey's are insane, I would love to see the Pack wear them once a year. Maybe Favre can scramble for 50 yards and a TD again.

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 12:27 AM

The Jets may be our best option because if there's a chance they could get Marshawn Lynch I think they'd be willing to give up a 2nd rounder to land a solid running back

GB12
02-11-2007, 12:42 AM

The Jets may be our best option because if there's a chance they could get Marshawn Lynch I think they'd be willing to give up a 2nd rounder to land a solid running back

I'm already in discussions with them.

The Legend
02-11-2007, 04:36 AM

Free Agency Signees:
RB Michael Turner - 1st Round Pay Up
CB Asante Samuel - 60 Million Contract

Draftees:
Round 1: Dwayne Jarrett- WR- USC - No Need If We Get Moss

Round 2: Zach Miller- TE- Arizona State - Wont Be There

Round 3: Aaron Rouse- S- Va. Tech - Late 2nd / Early 3rd ~ No Pick If We Get Moss

1st Round - RB - Marshawn Lynch - Cal

2nd Round - DB - Brandon Meriweather - The U

4th Round - TE - Martez Milner

-----------------------------------
1st day players i want to see end up as PACKERS Marshawn Lynch & Michael Griffin (Note if we trade for Moss - but i dont see Griffin happening)

Here is and idea how about we trade the titans our 1st for there 1st and maybe 3rd or 4th that way we now the bengals or titans or jaguars wont taken a running back , i see that happening if the titans dont want the jaguars takeing a player they want

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 08:13 AM

I'm already in discussions with them.

sounds good!

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 10:08 AM
In Fantasy, the Kansas City Cheifs management is making LJ expendable. Do we want to look into it???

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-11-2007, 10:15 AM
In Fantasy, the Kansas City Cheifs management is making LJ expendable. Do we want to look into it???
i would (even though im not in this) He'll be extremely expensive though obviously.

Boston
02-11-2007, 10:40 AM
i would (even though im not in this) He'll be extremely expensive though obviously.

Not after last year.

02-11-2007, 10:40 AM

Not after last year.What did he do last year?

He had a great year

ny10804
02-11-2007, 11:12 AM

Not after last year.What did he do last year?

He had a great year

I believe he's referring to the extreme number of carries he had.

Personally, I'd look into it, ask their price, and go from there.

someone447
02-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Ya, look into it, but Im not expecting anything to come of it.

jackalope
02-11-2007, 11:51 AM
no surprise, Graham is gone

Patriots use franchise tag on Graham
Patriots slap franchise tag on top tight end

Sources are reporting that the Patriots have decided to use the franchise tag on tight end Daniel Graham. Graham will make $4,370,000 for next year with the tag.

ny10804
02-11-2007, 11:54 AM
YGael (12:42:48 PM): hey
roafrules (12:42:52 PM): this is the Packers gm right?
roafrules (12:42:53 PM): hey
roafrules (12:42:55 PM): lol
NYGael (12:42:56 PM): yea
NYGael (12:43:22 PM): What and how many picks would you want?
NYGael (12:44:03 PM): I was thinking maybe this year's first, vernand morency, and a conditional pick next year
roafrules (12:45:22 PM): I'll have to think about it, right now I've got someone who is offering a higher first and a third as well, I would like two picks this year for LJ
NYGael (12:46:44 PM): If that's the case, I could ask how the other GMs for the Packers feel about a 1st and a 2nd, but there's nothing guaranteed offer-wise
NYGael (12:47:09 PM): we did just trade our 3rd rounder for randy moss, so we wouldn't have a day 1 pick
roafrules (12:47:36 PM): Larry Johnson is worth it
roafrules (12:48:06 PM): of course, I will wanna see what my fellow GMs think as well, and I will need to relay this offer to the other teams offering
NYGael (12:48:37 PM): a 27 year old RB who just had 416 carries scares me
roafrules (12:50:26 PM): that's true, however, he only had one heavy duty season in college (his last one) and really he's only had 1 and a half years of heavy duty in the league. A big, young, fast running back with only 2 and a half years on his legs is going to be a valuable commodity
NYGael (12:52:56 PM): I'll pass this by the other GMs to see how they feel, but I'd have to say the chances of us dealing our 1st and 2nd rounders is very unlikely

Empire
02-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Why aren't we looking into Donte Stallworth. If the Moss trade does not happen, Stallworth would give us a burner who could really stretch the field from the slot and really provide Favre with a homerun threat. If we are going with a two back system I think this would make the best offseason signings

1. Ahman Green
2. Dominic Rhodes
3. Eric Johnson
4. Donte Stallworth
5. Roderick Hood

Yes it's ambitious but we have the cap space and these are all fairly low key signings.

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 11:58 AM
YGael (12:42:48 PM): hey
roafrules (12:42:52 PM): this is the Packers gm right?
roafrules (12:42:53 PM): hey
roafrules (12:42:55 PM): lol
NYGael (12:42:56 PM): yea
NYGael (12:43:22 PM): What and how many picks would you want?
NYGael (12:44:03 PM): I was thinking maybe this year's first, vernand morency, and a conditional pick next year
roafrules (12:45:22 PM): I'll have to think about it, right now I've got someone who is offering a higher first and a third as well, I would like two picks this year for LJ
NYGael (12:46:44 PM): If that's the case, I could ask how the other GMs for the Packers feel about a 1st and a 2nd, but there's nothing guaranteed offer-wise
NYGael (12:47:09 PM): we did just trade our 3rd rounder for randy moss, so we wouldn't have a day 1 pick
roafrules (12:47:36 PM): Larry Johnson is worth it
roafrules (12:48:06 PM): of course, I will wanna see what my fellow GMs think as well, and I will need to relay this offer to the other teams offering
NYGael (12:48:37 PM): a 27 year old RB who just had 416 carries scares me
roafrules (12:50:26 PM): that's true, however, he only had one heavy duty season in college (his last one) and really he's only had 1 and a half years of heavy duty in the league. A big, young, fast running back with only 2 and a half years on his legs is going to be a valuable commodity
NYGael (12:52:56 PM): I'll pass this by the other GMs to see how they feel, but I'd have to say the chances of us dealing our 1st and 2nd rounders is very unlikely

No, we have to have a Day 1 pick; unless we do a sign and trade with Ahman Green and see what we could get out of him, but I'd never send a 1st and 2nd; maybe 1st and 3rd (but presently have no 3rd rounder)

GB12
02-11-2007, 12:02 PM
No, we should pass on him.

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 12:05 PM

That's perfectly fine; they're asking price would've been prolly too high.

How are the talks with others teams about trading down going???

GB12
02-11-2007, 12:06 PM

The Jets looks like we have something, he just wants to check with his Co. The Patriots don't seem too interested, but they said they would get back to me today.

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 12:08 PM

The Jets looks like we have something, he just wants to check with his Co. The Patriots don't seem too interested, but they said they would get back to me today.

Could you send me a PM or post it on here of what that deal looks like?

LB51
02-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Giants are getting lynch

GB12
02-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Giants are getting lynch

And you post that in here why?

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-11-2007, 01:28 PM
heres a little something if you guys are looking at thomas. last year you guys needed evidence or something so this might help.

PACK ANGLING FOR ADALIUS

Regardless of whether the Green Bay Packers eventually make an effort to trade for Raiders receiver Randy Moss, the more immediate objective for the Favre Franchise is to land Ravens linebacker Adalius Thomas.

Thomas, a sixth-round pick in 2000, will hit the open market unless the Ravens slap the franchise tag on him. And, as we're told, one of the first teams to ring his phone will be the Packers. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Thomas is the clear-cut top target for the Packers in free agency.

The Pack plan to make Thomas, a hybrid linebacker/defensive end in the Baltimore defense, into a full-time defensive end. And that could be very bad news for current Packers defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, whose star has faded in the years since he was regarded as an up-and-coming sack master. KGB fell behind Cullen Jenkins on the depth chart in 2006, and Gbaja-Biamila's $5 million salary for 2007 could cause him to fall off of the roster entirely.

If the Ravens plan to use the franchise tag on Thomas, they'll need to have the cap room to do it. And that could ensure the release of running back Jamal Lewis, who re-signed with the team as an unrestricted free agent in 2006 and who is owed a $5 million roster bonus next month, and a $5 million salary in 2007.
from pft

GB12
02-11-2007, 01:30 PM
heres a little something if you guys are looking at thomas. last year you guys needed evidence or something so this might help.

PACK ANGLING FOR ADALIUS

Regardless of whether the Green Bay Packers eventually make an effort to trade for Raiders receiver Randy Moss, the more immediate objective for the Favre Franchise is to land Ravens linebacker Adalius Thomas.

Thomas, a sixth-round pick in 2000, will hit the open market unless the Ravens slap the franchise tag on him. And, as we're told, one of the first teams to ring his phone will be the Packers. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Thomas is the clear-cut top target for the Packers in free agency.

The Pack plan to make Thomas, a hybrid linebacker/defensive end in the Baltimore defense, into a full-time defensive end. And that could be very bad news for current Packers defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, whose star has faded in the years since he was regarded as an up-and-coming sack master. KGB fell behind Cullen Jenkins on the depth chart in 2006, and Gbaja-Biamila's $5 million salary for 2007 could cause him to fall off of the roster entirely.

If the Ravens plan to use the franchise tag on Thomas, they'll need to have the cap room to do it. And that could ensure the release of running back Jamal Lewis, who re-signed with the team as an unrestricted free agent in 2006 and who is owed a $5 million roster bonus next month, and a $5 million salary in 2007.
from pft

Wow, that's pretty nice. I would love for TT to sign him. I didn't think we'd make him a full time DE though.

jackalope
02-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Giants are getting lynchthe Giants pick after us so it doesn't matter.

i would rather not go after LJ considering the asking price

ny10804
02-11-2007, 02:15 PM
If we get Adalius, I'll do the Jeter-pump about 20 times. That article is awesome news in my book.

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 02:16 PM
If we get Adalius, I'll do the Jeter-pump about 20 times. That article is awesome news in my book.

Pretty much for anybody who's a Packers fan! :D

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Now I know we've had this discussion before but what would the caphits be if we wanted to trade Bubba Franks and/or Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila??? There's alot of teams putting players on the trading block and I wondered if we could see what we could get for players that don't present much to the team anymore.

GB12
02-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Just to let you guys know, I have been working on a ticker for Thomas.

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 02:26 PM

SWEET!!!! :D

GB12
02-11-2007, 02:30 PM

As for KGB and Franks, they both would have huge cap hits so they are pretty much untradeable.

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 02:31 PM

As for KGB and Franks, they both would have huge cap hits so they are pretty much untradeable.

Alright, Thanks!

GB12
02-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Adalius Thomas ticker is up.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Adalius Thomas ticker is up.link? id like to see what this ticker thing is

GB12
02-11-2007, 03:16 PM

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=200

It's in the Fantasy section with the rest of the Forum Mock threads. Thanks for posting that by the way.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-11-2007, 03:20 PM

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=200

It's in the Fantasy section with the rest of the Forum Mock threads. Thanks for posting that by the way.no problem. i like how this forum mock thing is set up and wouldnt mind participating in the future. glad to help

GB12
02-11-2007, 03:23 PM

It's in the Fantasy section with the rest of the Forum Mock threads. Thanks for posting that by the way.no problem. i like how this forum mock thing is set up and wouldnt mind participating in the future. glad to help

Well we already have enough GMs(7 :shock: ), but it is pretty much an open discussion here so if you have an idea you can post it.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-11-2007, 03:26 PM

Well we already have enough GMs(7 :shock: ), but it is pretty much an open discussion here so if you have an idea you can post it.hah i meant more so in the distant future. i have no idea how they are run completely but ill continue to post rumors as i find them

aic4ever
02-11-2007, 05:26 PM
You guys have any intention of pursuing the KGB and a pick for Tatum Bell trade thats getting tossed around over on PC? That one matches up nicely with PFTs rumor about the Packers chasing Adalius to make him a full time DE.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-11-2007, 05:33 PM
You guys have any intention of pursuing the KGB and a pick for Tatum Bell trade thats getting tossed around over on PC? That one matches up nicely with PFTs rumor about the Packers chasing Adalius to make him a full time DE.
Tatum Bell? PC that Packer Chatters? I would love that trade..

aic4ever
02-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Tatum Bell? PC that Packer Chatters? I would love that trade..Correct on both fronts. Patty on packerchatters is talking about this trade...her rumors tend to have some teeth...

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Tatum Bell? PC that Packer Chatters? I would love that trade..Correct on both fronts. Patty on packerchatters is talking about this trade...her rumors tend to have some teeth...
nice and bell is still young. them having mike makes tatum expendable. Although, where do we go in the 1st round?

aic4ever
02-11-2007, 05:39 PM
nice and bell is still young. them having mike makes tatum expendable. Although, where do we go in the 1st round? Assuming the ability to land Adalius Thomas and also grab Tatum Bell, since in this fantasy mock offseason we have already landed Randy Moss, I would suggest a trade down to pick up an extra second rounder, and then we grab TE Zack Miller with our first pick.

aic4ever
02-11-2007, 05:42 PM
In regard to this offseason, I am assuming the Bears first move was to franchise Briggs?

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-11-2007, 05:42 PM
nice and bell is still young. them having mike makes tatum expendable. Although, where do we go in the 1st round? Assuming the ability to land Adalius Thomas and also grab Tatum Bell, since in this fantasy mock offseason we have already landed Randy Moss, I would suggest a trade down to pick up an extra second rounder, and then we grab TE Zack Miller with our first pick.
Zach Miller and say Michael Griffin?

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 05:44 PM

I wouldn't take Zach Miller over Greg Olsen and definitely wouldn't use a 1st round pick either

aic4ever
02-11-2007, 05:47 PM
If you think Griffin will last that long. Landry and Nelson are obviously going to command first round attention, but Griffin looks like he could potentially be an early second round surprise much the way Danieal Manning to the Bears was last year. Not sure we would be able to land Miller and Griffin both, but if we could that would be a hell of a first two rounds if trading down in the first.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-11-2007, 05:48 PM
With all these proposed trades and signings, let's see the roster with all this.

2007 Roster
QB- Brett Farve
RB- Tatum Bell
FB- William Henderson
WR1- Randy Moss
WR2- Donald Driver
WR3- Greg Jennings
TE- Greg Olsen (D-R1)

DE- Adalius Thomas
DT- Rayn Pickett
DT- Cullen Jenkins
DE- Aaron Kampman
OLB- Brady Poppinga
MLB- Nick Barnett
OLB- A.J. Hawk
CB- Al Harris
SS- Michael Griffin (D-R2)
FS- Nick Collins

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 05:50 PM
With all these proposed trades and signings, let's see the roster with all this.

2007 Roster
QB- Brett Farve
RB- Tatum Bell
FB- William Henderson
WR1- Randy Moss
WR2- Donald Driver
WR3- Greg Jennings
TE- Greg Olsen (D-R1)

DE- Adalius Thomas
DT- Rayn Pickett
DT- Cullen Jenkins
DE- Aaron Kampman
OLB- Brady Poppinga
MLB- Nick Barnett
OLB- A.J. Hawk
CB- Al Harris
FS- Nick Collins

Well regardless of who is at RB, the Packers will have a young TE and as long as Thomas is a Packer and somebody other than Manuel is safety, the Packers really have to be contenders with the bears for the division and conference crowns.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-11-2007, 05:56 PM

2007 Roster
QB- Brett Farve
RB- Tatum Bell
FB- William Henderson
WR1- Randy Moss
WR2- Donald Driver
WR3- Greg Jennings
TE- Greg Olsen (D-R1)

DE- Adalius Thomas
DT- Rayn Pickett
DT- Cullen Jenkins
DE- Aaron Kampman
OLB- Brady Poppinga
MLB- Nick Barnett
OLB- A.J. Hawk
CB- Al Harris
FS- Nick Collins
thats tasty. would griffin make it to round 2? i say we trade back and pick up a pick in round 3 and draft griffin and then take olsen in the second

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-11-2007, 05:57 PM

2007 Roster
QB- Brett Farve
RB- Tatum Bell
FB- William Henderson
WR1- Randy Moss
WR2- Donald Driver
WR3- Greg Jennings
TE- Greg Olsen (D-R1)

DE- Adalius Thomas
DT- Rayn Pickett
DT- Cullen Jenkins
DE- Aaron Kampman
OLB- Brady Poppinga
MLB- Nick Barnett
OLB- A.J. Hawk
CB- Al Harris
FS- Nick Collins

Well regardless of who is at RB, the Packers will have a young TE and as long as Thomas is a Packer and somebody other than Manuel is safety, the Packers really have to be contenders with the bears for the division and conference crowns.
ya, except we dont have Hester. We should call up Desmond!!!:D

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 05:59 PM

2007 Roster
QB- Brett Farve
RB- Tatum Bell
FB- William Henderson
WR1- Randy Moss
WR2- Donald Driver
WR3- Greg Jennings
TE- Greg Olsen (D-R1)

DE- Adalius Thomas
DT- Rayn Pickett
DT- Cullen Jenkins
DE- Aaron Kampman
OLB- Brady Poppinga
MLB- Nick Barnett
OLB- A.J. Hawk
CB- Al Harris
FS- Nick Collins

ya, except we dont have Hester. We should call up Desmond!!!:D

Yeah, but don't forget we will be getting Koren Robinson back for the return game in midseason :D

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-11-2007, 06:00 PM
ya, lets hope.

someone447
02-11-2007, 06:40 PM
LANDRY FIRST ROUND!!! We would have the best young safety tandem in the league. Olsen or Miller should be there at our 2nd round pick.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-11-2007, 06:44 PM
LANDRY FIRST ROUND!!! We would have the best young safety tandem in the league. Olsen or Miller should be there at our 2nd round pick.id rather grab griffin

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 06:48 PM
LANDRY FIRST ROUND!!! We would have the best young safety tandem in the league. Olsen or Miller should be there at our 2nd round pick.id rather grab griffin

No No! Landry will be much better than Griffin. Landry is a sure bet a safety similar to Hawk last year at LB

GB12
02-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Landry would be better than Griffin. I would take Griffin over Nelson, but not Landry.

I sent the Email about Thomas to Ward.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-11-2007, 07:02 PM
do you guys have a trade worked out with the jets about trading down?

GB12
02-11-2007, 07:10 PM

Pretty much. We have our first and 4th for their first and second. We are also talking to the Patriots and Giants.

someone447
02-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I agree with you about Landry>Griffin>Nelson

GB12
02-11-2007, 07:21 PM

I would hope that we could move down a bit for Griffin though.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-11-2007, 07:39 PM
I would go after Landry.

jackalope
02-11-2007, 08:04 PM

Pretty much. We have our first and 4th for their first and second. We are also talking to the Patriots and Giants.are we actually trading or are they just trades we have worked out if the situation comes up during the draft?

GB12
02-11-2007, 08:06 PM

Pretty much. We have our first and 4th for their first and second. We are also talking to the Patriots and Giants.are we actually trading or are they just trades we have worked out if the situation comes up during the draft?

We won't do anything until draft day, and the other teams feel the same way.

jackalope
02-11-2007, 08:37 PM

We won't do anything until draft day, and the other teams feel the same way.good, i think that's a good strategy.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-11-2007, 08:42 PM
yea I agree, you can assure that you get full value for your picks that way.

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Landry would be better than Griffin. I would take Griffin over Nelson, but not Landry.

What's the time table for knowing if we get our targeted free agents

GB12
02-11-2007, 09:00 PM

It says in the FA thread that he will choose within 72 hours of the first application.

princefielder28
02-11-2007, 09:01 PM

It says in the FA thread that he will choose within 72 hours of the first application.

alright, so that's tuesday afternoon

Pack_Attack_4
02-12-2007, 02:34 PM

What about Aaron Rouse hes a big physical safety that i think would complement nick collins very nicely. In my opinion i would want him over griffin in the 2nd round.