PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

princefielder28
02-12-2007, 02:47 PM
I agree with you about Landry>Griffin>Nelson

What about Aaron Rouse hes a big physical safety that i think would complement nick collins very nicely. In my opinion i would want him over griffin in the 2nd round.

Griffin will not be available in round 2 when comes to the Packers' pick

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-12-2007, 03:45 PM

What about Aaron Rouse hes a big physical safety that i think would complement nick collins very nicely. In my opinion i would want him over griffin in the 2nd round.

but its possible that Rouse will be there in the 3rd round. Which is why I think they go TE in the 2nd and safety in the 3rd.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-12-2007, 03:47 PM
GIANTS CHOP THREE

A league source tells us that the New York Giants have cut linebacker LaVar Arrington, offensive tackle Luke Petitgout, and running back Chad Morton.

Arrington gave up $4.4 million in earned but unpaid bonus money from the Redskins last year at this time for the ability to hit the free-agent market early. But his agents, the Postons, overpriced him, and he missed out on the early cash rush.

Arrington eventually signed a trumped-up seven-year, $49 million deal with the Giants, which was low on guarantees and high on incentives. A chronic knee problem marred the early stages of the season, and then he popped an Achilles' tendon and was lost for the year.

Petitgout, the team's starting left tackle at the start of 2006, fractured his leg on November 5 against the Bears and didn't return for the season. The Giants' first-round pick (19th overall) in 1999, Petitgout was under contract for the next two seasons, at salaries of $5 million per year.

Morton tore an ACL late in the season, the second such injury he has suffered in three years. He was signed through 2009, and was scheduled to earn a salary of $720,000 in 2007.
we had an interest in him last year, you guys think we could have any this year? (Arrington)

Boston
02-12-2007, 03:55 PM

but its possible that Rouse will be there in the 3rd round. Which is why I think they go TE in the 2nd and safety in the 3rd.

Michael Johnson would be a great 3rd round safety. I like him more than Ross.

aic4ever
02-12-2007, 04:01 PM
GIANTS CHOP THREE

A league source tells us that the New York Giants have cut linebacker LaVar Arrington, offensive tackle Luke Petitgout, and running back Chad Morton.

Arrington gave up $4.4 million in earned but unpaid bonus money from the Redskins last year at this time for the ability to hit the free-agent market early. But his agents, the Postons, overpriced him, and he missed out on the early cash rush.

Arrington eventually signed a trumped-up seven-year, $49 million deal with the Giants, which was low on guarantees and high on incentives. A chronic knee problem marred the early stages of the season, and then he popped an Achilles' tendon and was lost for the year.

Petitgout, the team's starting left tackle at the start of 2006, fractured his leg on November 5 against the Bears and didn't return for the season. The Giants' first-round pick (19th overall) in 1999, Petitgout was under contract for the next two seasons, at salaries of $5 million per year.

Morton tore an ACL late in the season, the second such injury he has suffered in three years. He was signed through 2009, and was scheduled to earn a salary of $720,000 in 2007.
we had an interest in him last year, you guys think we could have any this year? (Arrington)

Maybe for the veteran's minimum.

Meta4
02-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Taken from profootballtalk

PACK ANGLING FOR ADALIUS

Regardless of whether the Green Bay Packers eventually make an effort to trade for Raiders receiver Randy Moss, the more immediate objective for the Favre Franchise is to land Ravens linebacker Adalius Thomas.

Thomas, a sixth-round pick in 2000, will hit the open market unless the Ravens slap the franchise tag on him. And, as we're told, one of the first teams to ring his phone will be the Packers. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Thomas is the clear-cut top target for the Packers in free agency.

The Pack plan to make Thomas, a hybrid linebacker/defensive end in the Baltimore defense, into a full-time defensive end. And that could be very bad news for current Packers defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, whose star has faded in the years since he was regarded as an up-and-coming sack master. KGB fell behind Cullen Jenkins on the depth chart in 2006, and Gbaja-Biamila's $5 million salary for 2007 could cause him to fall off of the roster entirely.

If the Ravens plan to use the franchise tag on Thomas, they'll need to have the cap room to do it. And that could ensure the release of running back Jamal Lewis, who re-signed with the team as an unrestricted free agent in 2006 and who is owed a $5 million roster bonus next month, and a $5 million salary in 2007.

GB12
02-12-2007, 04:38 PM

PACK ANGLING FOR ADALIUS

Regardless of whether the Green Bay Packers eventually make an effort to trade for Raiders receiver Randy Moss, the more immediate objective for the Favre Franchise is to land Ravens linebacker Adalius Thomas.

Thomas, a sixth-round pick in 2000, will hit the open market unless the Ravens slap the franchise tag on him. And, as we're told, one of the first teams to ring his phone will be the Packers. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Thomas is the clear-cut top target for the Packers in free agency.

The Pack plan to make Thomas, a hybrid linebacker/defensive end in the Baltimore defense, into a full-time defensive end. And that could be very bad news for current Packers defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, whose star has faded in the years since he was regarded as an up-and-coming sack master. KGB fell behind Cullen Jenkins on the depth chart in 2006, and Gbaja-Biamila's $5 million salary for 2007 could cause him to fall off of the roster entirely.

If the Ravens plan to use the franchise tag on Thomas, they'll need to have the cap room to do it. And that could ensure the release of running back Jamal Lewis, who re-signed with the team as an unrestricted free agent in 2006 and who is owed a $5 million roster bonus next month, and a $5 million salary in 2007.

already posted.

I wouldn't want Arrington unless we get him around 2.5 million a year.

Boston
02-12-2007, 04:48 PM

PACK ANGLING FOR ADALIUS

already posted.

Umm... Either you read that wrong, or you mistook Arrington for Adalius.

GB12
02-12-2007, 04:52 PM

PACK ANGLING FOR ADALIUS

already posted.

Umm... Either you read that wrong, or you mistook Arrington for Adalius.

No, the first part was referring to what I quoted and then I left a few lines and was reffering to what cuzifelt1ikeit posted.

TitleTown088
02-12-2007, 05:10 PM
I'd sign arrington maybe for REAL cheap, but isn't he really banged up?

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-12-2007, 05:35 PM
I'd sign arrington maybe for REAL cheap, but isn't he really banged up?hes likely not going to get a big pay day because of how banged up he is. he had knee problems and then suffered a ruptured achilles tendon around half way through the season i believe. i wouldnt mind giving him a look-see for a little over the vets minimum

The Legend
02-12-2007, 06:08 PM
maybe favre will call LaVar again

GadoR'Savior
02-12-2007, 06:18 PM
wow if we get AD and draft SS in the draft look at what are D could look like:

DE: Kampman
DT: Prickett
DT: Williams/Cole/Jenkins
DE: A. Thomas

OLB Barnett/Poppinga
MLB:Hodge /Barnett
OLB:Hawk

CB: Harris
FS: Collins
SS: Landry/Nelson/Griffen
CB: Woodson

That is a monster D! 2 shutdown corner, to raising star safteys, great LB core and a very nice d-line, I think those 3 other DT's next to Ryan P. are all very good players and will continue to do a great job.

And yeah im still on the bandwagan of Barnett to the outside and Hodge in the middle. Hodge will be much better next season after a full off-season, i think he could be huge for us. I thought he was a late 1st early second round pick and we got him as a steal in the 3rd!

Oh and how do u get a sign on here, like whats the thing you need before the link?

TitleTown088
02-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Do you guys really think the packers can lure Thomas to GB with other teams like Arizona pushing hard for him as well?

GB12
02-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Do you guys really think the packers can lure Thomas to GB with other teams like Arizona pushing hard for him as well?

I think there is a chance. Obviously he is a top FA though so he won't come easy. i would be extremely happy if we get him, but if I had to make a bet on it i would say no.

The Legend
02-12-2007, 06:28 PM

DT: Williams/Cole/Jenkins - I think will be #3 not #4

OLB Barnett/Poppinga

That is a monster D! 2 shutdown corner, to raising star safteys, great LB core and a very nice d-line, I think those 3 other DT's next to Ryan P. are all very good players and will continue to do a great job.

And yeah im still on the bandwagan of Barnett to the outside and Hodge in the middle. Hodge will be much better next season after a full off-season, i think he could be huge for us. I thought he was a late 1st early second round pick and we got him as a steal in the 3rd!

QB: Favre
FB: Henderson
RB: Green

WR: Driver
TE: Milner
WR: Moss

LT: Clifton
LG: Colledge
C: Wells
RG: Spitz
RT: Tauscher

DT: Williams / Jenkins
DE: Thomas / Jenkins

OLB: Jon Beason *1st Round* - 4.5 Speed
MLB: Barnett
OLB: Hawk

SS: Michael Griffin *2nd Round* - 4.4 Speed

i say we move down and maybe get a late 1st round and early 2nd round

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-12-2007, 06:44 PM

OLB Barnett/Poppinga

There is a chance that Willis could slip down to the later 1st round (around 20-23) and the same goes for Posloszny. If we can't get our targets (Lynch, Landry, Okoye) then I suspect TT will in fact trade down in order to get in that 20-23 round first range with an extra second. Here's how I how like the defense possibly shaking out with a trade down:

DT: Pickett
DT: Jenkins/Williams
DE: Thomas (FA)

OLB: Posloszny (D-R1)

SS: Griffin (D-R2)

*The other second rounder being Michael Bush :D

GadoR'Savior
02-12-2007, 06:49 PM
I agree trade down in the first grab another 2nd round pic.

If we do not get Moss in a trade what you guys think of Rice if there in round two, West Coast WR size ( 6'4) A homerun hitter for Farve. And They should target Jarrett as well i think along with Landry and Okeye. Packers do need that big west coast homerun threat for Favre that will free up Driver and Jennings! So techniclly are new not an @**hole Javon Walker. :roll:

Hawk
02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
or we could just make another run at Lavar :lol:

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-12-2007, 07:50 PM
I dont want Lavar...too old, expensive, and hard to please.

aic4ever
02-12-2007, 08:50 PM

OLB Barnett/Poppinga

There is a chance that Willis could slip down to the later 1st round (around 20-23) and the same goes for Posloszny. If we can't get our targets (Lynch, Landry, Okoye) then I suspect TT will in fact trade down in order to get in that 20-23 round first range with an extra second. Here's how I how like the defense possibly shaking out with a trade down:

*The other second rounder being Michael Bush :D Griffin is NOT falling to the middle of the second round.

02-12-2007, 09:20 PM
I would be in favour of getting a guy like LaVar, I think he would come at a cheaper price at Thomas or Briggs because of what has happened to him the past few years. I was listening to Adam Schefter on the radio and he said that GB was very interested in him last year and was close to signing him. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see if they made a run for him this year.

When healthy, he's still one of the better OLB's in the game and he could really help our defense.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-12-2007, 10:29 PM

OLB Barnett/Poppinga

*The other second rounder being Michael Bush :D Griffin is NOT falling to the middle of the second round.
he would have been the 1st of the 2 2nd rounders

GB12
02-13-2007, 12:11 AM
We were a little close there with resigning our own FAs. someone and I took care of it, but that wouldn't have been good.

ckr50702
02-13-2007, 12:46 AM

Not a bad idea but I hope they wouldn't do what the Giants do.

aic4ever
02-13-2007, 10:17 AM

OLB Barnett/Poppinga

he would have been the 1st of the 2 2nd rounders
Wait...fantasy offseason or real? Where is this hypothetical early second round pick coming from?

ny10804
02-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Al Harris extended (http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=118740&ntpid=1)

Great news in my book.

Nitschke-Hawk
02-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Yezzir 8)

roughrider30
02-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Al Harris extended (http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=118740&ntpid=1)

Great news in my book.

nice im glad they got that out of the way

Favre4
02-13-2007, 01:51 PM
i dont know if you remember a few years back, but the packers signed brian westbrook(the cornerback not the runningback). he was on the packers preseason roster, but after suffering a achilles injury the previous year was not able to make the roster. some players never come back from this type of injury. i think LaVar is one of those players that is too muscular as dumb as that sounds.

TitleTown088
02-13-2007, 02:13 PM

Great news in my book.

NICE.

princefielder28
02-13-2007, 02:13 PM
i dont know if you remember a few years back, but the packers signed brian westbrook(the cornerback not the runningback). he was on the packers preseason roster, but after suffering a achilles injury the previous year was not able to make the roster. some players never come back from this type of injury. i think LaVar is one of those players that is too muscular as dumb as that sounds.

I get what you're saying

princefielder28
02-13-2007, 02:24 PM
How's our fantasy offseason looking in regards to trades and free agency??? I thought the first free agents could be signed at noon today

TitleTown088
02-13-2007, 02:27 PM
appparently SD can see shotty is ******. Why can't the packers?

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070213/PKR01/70213086/1989

Pack_Attack_4
02-13-2007, 02:44 PM

Great news in my book.

Thats the best news ive heard since favre saying hes comming back.

GB12
02-13-2007, 03:02 PM

Great news in my book.

I would have liked to see Barnett extended first but it is still very good news. I hope Barnett is next.

Jim Jim
02-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Today's the big day!

umphrey
02-13-2007, 03:25 PM
I had a dream that the packers drafted a CB in round 1. Mark it down.

GB12
02-13-2007, 03:33 PM
appparently SD can see shotty is ***********. Why can't the packers?

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070213/PKR01/70213086/1989

He just said on ESPN that Marty was going to try to bring him in as a DC. Damn, so close.

Favre4
02-13-2007, 03:44 PM
i dont think barnett will sign an extension with the packers. ever since last year i said he would become a free agent, and the packers would let someone else sign him.

GB12
02-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Today's the big day!

The big day that we get nothing. :(

princefielder28
02-13-2007, 03:53 PM
What's our plan now???? We didn't get $hit!

princefielder28
02-13-2007, 04:02 PM
I would like to bring in DeJaun Groce at cornerback but don't really know about a backup linebacker. Ideas????

What about bringing in a safety too????

someone447
02-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Johnson still hasn't been signed, and he is the most important one to our plans anyway. GB and I talked about a safety. We have Underwood and Manual, and are looking to draft one on the first day. That would just create a glut at the position. If we get Johnson, we succeeded in our FA. TE is our biggest need, every other position can be improved through the draft. Now it is time to do a TT and start picking up backups.

GB12
02-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Johnson still hasn't been signed, and he is the most important one to our plans anyway. GB and I talked about a safety. We have Underwood and Manual, and are looking to draft one on the first day. That would just create a glut at the position. If we get Johnson, we succeeded in our FA. TE is our biggest need, every other position can be improved through the draft. Now it is time to do a TT and start picking up backups.

And we'll have Moss. I pretty much want to go Defense in the draft now. First choice is Okoye, then Landry, and if they're gone I would like to do one of those trades.

princefielder28
02-13-2007, 04:09 PM

We need to make a spalsh though b/c we came in with about 25 mil and signing backups doesn't get the job done when you want to make it to the next level. I agree we need to bring in backups but lets try to get somebody taht'll make an impact on more than just Special Teams

GB12
02-13-2007, 04:15 PM

We need to make a spalsh though b/c we came in with about 25 mil and signing backups doesn't get the job done when you want to make it to the next level. I agree we need to bring in backups but lets try to get somebody taht'll make an impact on more than just Special Teams

We tried in going after Thomas. Other than that there weren't any that we were ever going to target. Hopefully we get Johson, and that would be the biggest move in FA.

princefielder28
02-13-2007, 04:16 PM

We tried in going after Thomas. Other than that there weren't any that we were ever going to target. Hopefully we get Johson, and that would be the biggest move in FA.

Okay

Jim Jim
02-13-2007, 04:19 PM
I honestly can't believe we didn't one of the FAs.

That's...I don't even know what to say.

princefielder28
02-13-2007, 04:21 PM
I honestly can't believe we didn't one of the FAs.

That's...I don't even know what to say.

yeah I'm not happy either, but what can you do???

CARDIAC CAT 7
02-13-2007, 05:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2764187 , yipee. Al Harris contract extension. :D

princefielder28
02-13-2007, 05:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2764187 , yipee. Al Harris contract extension. :D

thanks but we've already covered that topic but thats okay

someone447
02-13-2007, 06:00 PM
We didn't get any FAs last year either, Ward is a Cowboys fan, what do you expect? :?

The Legend
02-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Today's the big day!

you guys know FREE AGENCY dont start till MARCH 9th

(is that what you guys are talking about?)

jackalope
02-13-2007, 07:01 PM
great news about Harris. i'm hoping we also resign Barnett.

obviously it's too bad that we didn't get our FAs. We should be able to make due without them though. i'm liking TE in the 2nd.

GB12
02-13-2007, 08:07 PM
I had a dream that the packers drafted a CB in round 1. Mark it down.

That would be terrible. I never liked the thought of drafting a CB in round one. I think the extention that Harris got tells us there won't be a first round corner or big CB signing for a couple years.

someone447
02-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Today's the big day!

you guys know FREE AGENCY dont start till MARCH 9th

(is that what you guys are talking about?)

We're talking about our Mock offseason free agency.

TitleTown088
02-13-2007, 09:08 PM

Great news in my book.

I would have liked to see Barnett extended first but it is still very good news. I hope Barnett is next.

Bolth parties are waiting to see Brigg's contract from wgat i heard.

TitleTown088
02-13-2007, 09:24 PM
By Pete Dougherty
pdougher @ greenbaypressgazette.com

Quarterback Brett Favre will travel to Green Bay sometime in the next couple weeks to undergo surgery to remove bone spurs in his left ankle that have been bothering him for several years, said a source familiar with the situation.

Favre has postponed the surgery for at least five years and played through the discomfort, but this year he’s decided to undergo the procedure to give him some relief and perhaps help his mobility. General Manager Ted Thompson confirmed Tuesday that Favre is having the spurs removed this offseason by team physician Pat McKenzie.

“Nobody’s told me exactly when (the surgery) is,” Thompson said. “The plan was to go ahead and have it done sometime, and (Favre) mentioned when I first talked to him he would set that up with Pat, and I don’t have any dates. It wouldn’t surprise me (that they’ve set a date), but I can’t confirm anything.”

The surgery shouldn’t sideline Favre for more than several weeks. Unless there are unexpected complications, he presumably will be ready to participate in the Packers’ post-draft minicamp in early May.

“I wouldn’t think (he’d be out long),” Thompson said. “There’d be some normal down time, but I haven’t gone through that with our medical people yet

princefielder28
02-13-2007, 09:48 PM
By Pete Dougherty
pdougher @ greenbaypressgazette.com

Quarterback Brett Favre will travel to Green Bay sometime in the next couple weeks to undergo surgery to remove bone spurs in his left ankle that have been bothering him for several years, said a source familiar with the situation.

Favre has postponed the surgery for at least five years and played through the discomfort, but this year he’s decided to undergo the procedure to give him some relief and perhaps help his mobility. General Manager Ted Thompson confirmed Tuesday that Favre is having the spurs removed this offseason by team physician Pat McKenzie.

“Nobody’s told me exactly when (the surgery) is,” Thompson said. “The plan was to go ahead and have it done sometime, and (Favre) mentioned when I first talked to him he would set that up with Pat, and I don’t have any dates. It wouldn’t surprise me (that they’ve set a date), but I can’t confirm anything.”

The surgery shouldn’t sideline Favre for more than several weeks. Unless there are unexpected complications, he presumably will be ready to participate in the Packers’ post-draft minicamp in early May.

“I wouldn’t think (he’d be out long),” Thompson said. “There’d be some normal down time, but I haven’t gone through that with our medical people yet

It'll make him stronger by going through rehab

someone447
02-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Still no FA signings... Honestly, what TE wouldn't want to come to Gb? No one uses their TE more than Favre. Ward really does have something against FA coming to Green Bay. We got I think a total of 3 non resignings last year.

I guess we need to resign Donald Lee now. Since we didn't get Johnson or Martin.

GB12
02-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Still no FA signings... Honestly, what TE wouldn't want to come to Gb? No one uses their QB more than Favre. Ward really does have something against FA coming to Green Bay. We got I think a total of 3 non resignings last year.

I guess we need to resign Donald Lee now. Since we didn't get Johnson or Martin.

I was upset when we didn't get Johnson, but how are we not able to keep Martin.

someone447
02-13-2007, 10:27 PM
One thing I hate is that he doesn't take cap room into consideration. We could pay more than just about anyone, as evidenced by Woodson last year.

ny10804
02-13-2007, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't mind signing LaVar Arrington.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=414919

Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson has said he's not done in free agency and true to his word, he stuck his toe in the water with former Washington linebacker LaVar Arrington, a three-time Pro Bowl selection.

But Arrington's visit was arranged a week ago before Favre made his most recent comments and it's thought the Packers have had interest in him for a while. Arrington, 27, is in the prime of his career and would give the Packers star power and leadership on a defense lacking in both areas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2417903

Poston said Green Bay, Jacksonville and Miami all were in the running for the 27-year-old Arrington. But in the end, he said, his client decided that he wanted to play against Washington twice a season and for Tim Lewis, New York's defensive coordinator.

I think he still has a lot left in the tank, he was playing well before getting injured. He has the size to play SSLB (6'3 257) and would not be expected to be an every down player. That's my two cents.

GB12
02-13-2007, 10:38 PM
The Giants kept him.

ny10804
02-13-2007, 10:49 PM
The Giants kept him.

I meant in real life, but that's too bad for us, we would've had enough evidence to actually sign a FA. :x

GB12
02-13-2007, 10:52 PM
The Giants kept him.

I meant in real life, but that's too bad for us, we would've had enough evidence to actually sign a FA. :x

Yeah, he wouldn't be a bad signing.

And while FA pretty much sucks for us there is one good thing. The Jets got Samuel so the Pats have more interest in trading up and the Jets do too.

RockJock07
02-14-2007, 12:12 PM
I'w reading some very interesting things on Packersnews.com. People are prepared to never watch the packers again if Randy Moss is apart of the team. That seems a bit extreme, aren't teams supposed to win at whatever cost? The packers haven't won the SB in a while, and they don't give out medals for having the best guys on your team.

My view is that if Brett Favre can play 2 more years and moss is traded here, he won't be the idiot he was in Minn and Oakland. Randy was viewed as a leader there and couldn't handle it, in GB he can just catch TD and leave the leading to brett.

ny10804
02-14-2007, 01:00 PM
It would take alot for me to never watch the Packers again, and I would say I'm in favor of acquiring Moss, as long as the pick is no higher than our 3rd.

sik wit it
02-14-2007, 01:10 PM
I'w reading some very interesting things on Packersnews.com. People are prepared to never watch the packers again if Randy Moss is apart of the team. That seems a bit extreme, aren't teams supposed to win at whatever cost? The packers haven't won the SB in a while, and they don't give out medals for having the best guys on your team.

My view is that if Brett Favre can play 2 more years and moss is traded here, he won't be the idiot he was in Minn and Oakland. Randy was viewed as a leader there and couldn't handle it, in GB he can just catch TD and leave the leading to brett.
those same damn people saying they wouldn't be watching them anymore would be hoppin on the bandwagon once the pack start making a run for the sb.

SimonRath
02-14-2007, 01:48 PM
do you guys really want Randy Moss?? I mean he is good but if he come is in the it will be.

#1. D. Driver
#2. R. Moss
#3. G. Jennings

This way Greg will not get as much playing time for him to develope into your future WR

princefielder28
02-14-2007, 02:06 PM
The Giants kept him.

Yeah, he wouldn't be a bad signing.

And while FA pretty much sucks for us there is one good thing. The Jets got Samuel so the Pats have more interest in trading up and the Jets do too.

thats some good news

TitleTown088
02-14-2007, 02:27 PM
do you guys really want Randy Moss?? I mean he is good but if he come is in the it will be.

#1. D. Driver
#2. R. Moss
#3. G. Jennings

This way Greg will not get as much playing time for him to develope into your future WR
WHo cares? that WR set would be rediculously good.

princefielder28
02-14-2007, 02:36 PM

#1. D. Driver
#2. R. Moss
#3. G. Jennings

yeah Moss would be the threat the Packers need becuase can you imagine someone's nickel corner covering Jennings

RockJock07
02-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Speaking of nickle corner, Dre Bly is on the trading block. I think that it would probably take a second round pick to get him and he would be the best nickle corner in the league. I'd only want to do this if we trade down in the first to get an extra 2nd. What do you guys think.

GB12
02-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Speaking of nickle corner, Dre Bly is on the trading block. I think that it would probably take a second round pick to get him and he would be the best nickle corner in the league. I'd only want to do this if we trade down in the first to get an extra 2nd. What do you guys think.

No way.

umphrey
02-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Dre Bly is overrated, would be overpaid if we signed him as a nickel, and isn't the type of player we should be looking for to fill that void. Instead we should look to bring in a project young guy from the 2nd or 3rd round and let him play nickel until Harris or Woodson gets too old and give him a promotion.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Dre Bly is overrated, would be overpaid if we signed him as a nickel, and isn't the type of player we should be looking for to fill that void. Instead we should look to bring in a project young guy from the 2nd or 3rd round and let him play nickel until Harris or Woodson gets too old and give him a promotion.
i agree. Bly WAS a solid corner but he is now on the downside of his career. With Woodson and Harris as lockdown corners, we could maybe use him in the nickel, but I don't think Bly is looking to play nickel. He wants to be the #1. As a result, he'll want #1 type money (like what Woodson got last year or relatively close). Therefore, I'd like getting a young player to work with that's a heck of alot cheaper than Bly.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-14-2007, 04:05 PM

#1. D. Driver
#2. R. Moss
#3. G. Jennings

yeah Moss would be the threat the Packers need becuase can you imagine someone's nickel corner covering Jenningsdont forget #4. K. Robinson who should hopefully get half of the year in

jpapa4490
02-14-2007, 04:27 PM
I think it is just me as the only person on this thread who thinks martin would be a solid #3 reciever. The guy worked his butt off and took advantage of the oppurtunities we gave him. I think Driver, Jennings, Martin and KO-RO when and if he comes back would not be as bad as a receiving core as most people think.

GB12
02-14-2007, 04:30 PM
I think it is just me as the only person on this thread who thinks martin would be a solid #3 reciever. The guy worked his butt off and took advantage of the oppurtunities we gave him. I think Driver, Jennings, Martin and KO-RO when and if he comes back would not be as bad as a receiving core as most people think.

I think Matin has some good potential, but I don't see how we are in position to turn down Moss if the offer is right. Also I don't get why people keep bringing up Robinson. He is out for the first 4 or some weeks and is not a guy to count on. I look at him as a bounus if he is back, and if not, oh well.

princefielder28
02-14-2007, 04:43 PM
i agree. Bly WAS a solid corner but he is now on the downside of his career. With Woodson and Harris as lockdown corners, we could maybe use him in the nickel, but I don't think Bly is looking to play nickel. He wants to be the #1. As a result, he'll want #1 type money (like what Woodson got last year or relatively close). Therefore, I'd like getting a young player to work with that's a heck of alot cheaper than Bly.

Bly isn't a solution in the Packers' plans

princefielder28
02-14-2007, 04:45 PM
For fantasy have we even been able to resign Ahman Green???? If ont who would we go after???

princefielder28
02-14-2007, 05:00 PM
For fantasy have we even been able to resign Ahman Green???? If ont who would we go after???

What do you think of jamal lewis???

Boston
02-14-2007, 05:18 PM

:lol: It seems like you're talking to yourself.

GB12
02-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm going to be super pissed if we don't get Green back.

princefielder28
02-14-2007, 05:37 PM

:lol: It seems like you're talking to yourself.

yeah it was a follow up to my own question and I didn't want to edit my original if that makes any sense what so ever

TitleTown088
02-14-2007, 06:32 PM

#1. D. Driver
#2. R. Moss
#3. G. Jennings

yeah Moss would be the threat the Packers need becuase can you imagine someone's nickel corner covering Jenningsdont forget #4. K. Robinson who should hopefully get half of the year in
From what i have been reading he isn''t going to be back. Let's hope he will be though.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-14-2007, 06:33 PM

#1. D. Driver
#2. R. Moss
#3. G. Jennings

From what i have been reading he isn''t going to be back. Let's hope he will be though.where are you reading these things? i read one of your posts that had some interesting information also. thats too bad well i guess were going to be without him, i cant complain about the other three though

princefielder28
02-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Running back situation???? Sign someone if Green is gone, draft, or trade????

GB12
02-14-2007, 06:52 PM

That's all that I really know at the moment. I'm expecting to get him back, but I also expected Martin. I guess we resign Herron and go to the Draft.

princefielder28
02-14-2007, 06:56 PM

That's all that I really know at the moment. I'm expecting to get him back, but I also expected Martin. I guess we resign Herron and go to the Draft.

alrighty then

jackalope
02-14-2007, 08:48 PM
i don't see how we wouldn't get Green back. if we don't though we have to go Lynch in the 1st.

PackerFan20
02-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Is Henderson coming back?
Also Moss and Driver can act somewhat as mentors to jennings, in two or three years Moss will suck and Jennings can come in.

johbur
02-14-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm happy about the Harris extension. Now we need to get a real TE and extend Barnett. I'm OK with re-upping AG, but not for stupid money.

princefielder28
02-14-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm happy about the Harris extension. Now we need to get a real TE and extend Barnett. I'm OK with re-upping AG, but not for stupid money.

yeah; hopefully thats the plan

TitleTown088
02-14-2007, 10:33 PM

yeah; hopefully thats the plan
Barnett won't be extended until after Briggs gets his deal..

Also this article of Favre is pretty good from 2003. He's such a lier.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/6495803

PacMan
02-14-2007, 11:32 PM
If people don't watch the Pack if we acquired Moss, then good get rid of those fake fans. If the packers traded Favre for Aaron Brooks, I would stil support my team. I wouldn't agree with the decision and Id be calling for TT's head. But we aren't talking that drastic of a personnel move. We are talking Moss who is 6'4" with a 40" vert and blazing speed coming to GB bad attitude and all. With Favre taking it year by year, the Vikes and Lions down and The Bears still questionable with that offense, we have to take a shot. I still say no way do we get him for a 3rd rounder. At least a second rounder. I'm all for it. Now Arrington I'd be more skeptical. His injury history is bad and he's always been overrated. Freak athlete but has he really put up big numbers on the field????

Anyways, just wanted to tell you guys. I picked up the Star Tribune and Pioneer Press today(Mpls. n St. Paul newspapers) and who is all over both of the front sports page?? None other than college coach of the year candidate Bo Ryan. Both papers were all over Bucky's n**ts. Saying "why can't we having winning sports programs like wisconsin?" It felt good to read that living over here in the twin cities. Of course they had to throw in"at least we have the Twins,and the Brewers still suck". Not for long Minnesota haters....not for long.

The Legend
02-15-2007, 01:29 AM
i really think bringing in edwards would just be amazing for the run stoping

i like to run and idea by all of you guys tell me what you think

DE - *Charles Grant*
DT - Corey Williams
DT - Ryan Pickett
DE - Aaron Kampman

OLB - Nick Barrnet
ILB - *Donnie Edwards* (http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070209-9999-1s9chnotes.html)
OLB - Aj Hawk

CB - Al Hariis
FS - Nick Collins
SS - *Michael Griffin*
CB - Charles Woodson

to be honest the main one is Edwards i think he would be a great fit here

also Grant could also be like kampman someone who can bring pressure and stop the run

and for Micheal Griffin i think we should move back in the 1st round and up int 2nd round what i like about Griffin he is so fast (4.4 speed)a great run stoper also has some nice hands

Videos - Michael Griffin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U) Michael Griffin 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHzIRmVQ0Qo)

Green Bay Scat
02-15-2007, 02:54 AM
I like randy moss and all, but he has had some serious ankle problems and hes no where near the speed he use to be. I bet hes still good like4.45-4.5ish but not like his 4.3 speed it seemed. i think we should just go for like steve smith in round 4 or 5, he reminds me of keary colbert, whos a solid number three, but not much more. The packers could go a lot of ways, but WR usually go out if there traded, not in.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-15-2007, 02:35 PM
yeah whats up with charles grant? hed be another name id look for in free agency him and thomas. i am definitly leaning more towards griffin then any of the other safety's this is of course if we acquire moss though trade back and pick up griffin

TitleTown088
02-15-2007, 02:40 PM
yeah whats up with charles grant? hed be another name id look for in free agency him and thomas. i am definitly leaning more towards griffin then any of the other safety's this is of course if we acquire moss though trade back and pick up griffin
John Arrigo is reporting that the packers are showing some interest in Grant.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-15-2007, 03:03 PM
John Arrigo is reporting that the packers are showing some interest in Grant.thats good. what is he ufa?

Jim Jim
02-15-2007, 04:23 PM
What do you guys think about making a push for Ashley Lelie in the forum mock?

princefielder28
02-15-2007, 04:39 PM

I wouldn't be against it, but if we do that I want to trade Ferguson for a draft pick

GB12
02-15-2007, 04:45 PM

Moss, Driver, Jennnings and Lelie?

princefielder28
02-15-2007, 04:46 PM
GB12, have you heard anything from Kansas City today???

GB12
02-15-2007, 04:48 PM

Nope, they aren't on either.

princefielder28
02-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know when Ward is going to update FA???

princefielder28
02-15-2007, 04:53 PM

Nope, they aren't on either.

Say we resign Ahman would we do the deal if they were willing???

jackalope
02-15-2007, 05:14 PM
What do you guys think about making a push for Ashley Lelie in the forum mock?do we need another receiver?

Big_Brother
02-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Anyways, just wanted to tell you guys. I picked up the Star Tribune and Pioneer Press today(Mpls. n St. Paul newspapers) and who is all over both of the front sports page?? None other than college coach of the year candidate Bo Ryan. Both papers were all over Bucky's n**ts. Saying "why can't we having winning sports programs like wisconsin?" It felt good to read that living over here in the twin cities. Of course they had to throw in"at least we have the Twins,and the Brewers still suck". Not for long Minnesota haters....not for long.

Yeah we definitely have some quality coaches/AD's in a bunch of our programs. I was listening to Jim Rome the other day and he was talking about how Wiconsin gets more out of their athletes in their programs than any other school in the nation.

He went on to talk about how schools like Michigan have far more atheletes in their state etc and they just don't have programs to go with them.

Wisconsin sports are definitely on a high point across the board at the moment :) lets hope we can keep it up.

someone447
02-15-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't really want Lelie. I like the receiving corp of Moss, Driver, Jennings, Holliday

Hawk
02-15-2007, 06:47 PM
cool photo gallery of favre

http://www.jsonline.com/site/photographerphotos/gallery.aspx?catid=382&pagenumber=7

jackalope
02-15-2007, 06:59 PM
the draft is next Saturday, we should really start planning more. who are we looking at right now?

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Back to real life.....

How would you guys feel about getting Rhema McKnight out of Notre Dame in the 4th round? He was one of the most prolific receivers in ND history. I think TT would like him based off the fact that he always drafted according to production in college (AKA Greg Jennings over Chad Jackson last year). I think Rhema would be a good #3 or #4 as he has solid size (6-2, 215). Thoughts?

My "For Now" 4 Round Mock:
1st: Marshawn Lynch- RB- Cal
(assuming he's available and we don't resign Green)
2nd: Zach Miller- TE- Arizona State
(will most likely be available. If not him here we could go after a CB or S)
3rd: Aaron Rouse- S- Virginia Tech
(might be here might not. If not Michael Johnson from Arizona is an option)
4th: Rhema McKnight- WR- Notre Dame
(he most likely be here. Another solid option here is Steve Smith from USC)

PackerFan20
02-15-2007, 07:48 PM
the draft is next Saturday, we should really start planning more. who are we looking at right now?
what draft exactly?

princefielder28
02-15-2007, 07:52 PM
what draft exactly?

Fantasy Offseason

PackerFan20
02-15-2007, 07:56 PM
what draft exactly?

Fantasy Offseason
Oh sweet forgot about that...
Anyway in response to picking McKnight im cool with that.
Heres my draft
1) Lynch
2) Merriweather (thogh he his a FS right?)
3) Trade this along with Ferguson for Moss, talked to OAk people before and they said they wouldnt mind a 2nd or 3rd for Moss
4) Joe Newton if hes still there
5) Duane Coleman CB Clemson
6) Derek Landri DT Notre Dame
7) Stephen Meyer OT Maryland
7b) Chad Nkang LB Elon

someone447
02-15-2007, 08:01 PM
These are who I would want for the first 3 rounds.
1st. I would prefer to trade down, unless Okoye is there
1.Okoye
2.Landry
3.Lynch
2nd
1.Olsen
2.Merriweather
3.Miller
3rd
1. Higgins
2.Top rated DT if we dont get Okoye or top rated CB

I want to trade down and pick up DeMarcus Tyler from NC State, I think he is gonna be a monster at the next level.

GB12
02-15-2007, 08:08 PM
what draft exactly?

Fantasy Offseason
Oh sweet forgot about that...
Anyway in response to picking McKnight im cool with that.
Heres my draft
1) Lynch
2) Merriweather (thogh he his a FS right?)
3) Trade this along with Ferguson for Moss, talked to OAk people before and they said they wouldnt mind a 2nd or 3rd for Moss4) Joe Newton if hes still there
5) Duane Coleman CB Clemson
6) Derek Landri DT Notre Dame
7) Stephen Meyer OT Maryland
7b) Chad Nkang LB Elon\

Why were you doing that?

_Bob_
02-15-2007, 10:11 PM
You guys should check out PackerRats.com's forum. It's a really good forum with tons of really active members.

ny10804
02-15-2007, 10:16 PM
You guys should check out PackerRats.com's forum. It's a really good forum with tons of really active members.

I'm a member. You may know me as "ny10804" at PR.

Jim Jim
02-15-2007, 10:38 PM
I really would like to sign Lelie as a backup plan and another deep throat.

ny10804
02-15-2007, 10:57 PM

I myself am a supporter of deep throat, but I don't see how it would help the team.

TitleTown088
02-15-2007, 11:57 PM

Jim Jim this is a nonpolitical site, there is no reason to bring up Watergate.

umphrey
02-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Contrary to popular belief, I think it is highly unlikely that we draft Lynch.

someone447
02-16-2007, 02:37 AM

Is it bad that I am a 20 year old male and Watergate is the first thing I think when I hear deep throat?

XxKdoGGxX
02-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Hey Guys, I'm new to the site, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far--especially this part, where Packer fans can all hang out together. I spend a lot of my time on a rival web site with lots of Packer and Viking fans, and it's just a constant pissing contest between the rivals, and I get really tired of all the baloney, so I came looking for a more friendly site.

So are we all in agreement that we want Cal RB Marshawn Lynch for the Pack's 1st round pick? I know they could also use some defensive help as well, but I think an heir apparent to Ahman is more necessary at this point.

BTW, one thing you'll learn about me very quickly, and it does tend to anger some fans: I absolutely HATE it when fans refer to their team as "we". My feeling is that unless you've pulled on a jock and actually suited up for the team at one point in your life, you should leave the "we" crap alone. IMO, it makes you sound like an enormous homer, and we all know how much we hate homers, right?

Anyway, that's a little bit about me and also my first rant. Hope I didn't anger too many of you. I'm glad to be here.

someone447
02-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Hey Guys, I'm new to the site, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far--especially this part, where Packer fans can all hang out together. I spend a lot of my time on a rival web site with lots of Packer and Viking fans, and it's just a constant pissing contest between the rivals, and I get really tired of all the baloney, so I came looking for a more friendly site.

So are we all in agreement that we want Cal RB Marshawn Lynch for the Pack's 1st round pick? I know they could also use some defensive help as well, but I think an heir apparent to Ahman is more necessary at this point.

BTW, one thing you'll learn about me very quickly, and it does tend to anger some fans: I absolutely HATE it when fans refer to their team as "we". My feeling is that unless you've pulled on a jock and actually suited up for the team at one point in your life, you should leave the "we" crap alone. IMO, it makes you sound like an enormous homer, and we all know how much we hate homers, right?

Anyway, that's a little bit about me and also my first rant. Hope I didn't anger too many of you. I'm glad to be here.

I'm with you, I tend not to say we, but I don't mind if other people do. But, if you own stock, you could say we. The only time I ever refer to the packers as "we" is during our fantasy offseason that is going on right now. We are being the Packers GM, so it makes sense to use we in this situation.

I really don't want Marshawn Lynch. No need to use a first rounder when we can pick up Gary Russel in the late rounds. I would much rather get Okoye or Landry. With the ZBS you don't need great running backs.

TitleTown088
02-16-2007, 09:41 AM

Is it bad that I am a 20 year old male and Watergate is the first thing I think when I hear deep throat?

hey man me too.

BTW crockett if your looking for a more friendly site you might be at the wrong place. :lol:

Whistler6
02-16-2007, 10:56 AM

I am a HUGE packer homer...is that bad? :roll: :lol:

sik wit it
02-16-2007, 11:06 AM

i'm going to let you know right now i own tix and stock so i'm using we

someone447
02-16-2007, 11:13 AM

If you own stock, than you should use we, because you are a part owner. Miniscule, but an owner nonetheless. I would love to get my hands on some stock, but I dont think that will happen.

Favre4
02-16-2007, 02:01 PM
so has anyone heard any real news on the packers lately? besides the al harris extension, and the pack waiting for briggs's contract to try and open extension negotiations with barnett?

sik wit it
02-16-2007, 02:40 PM

If you own stock, than you should use we, because you are a part owner. Miniscule, but an owner nonetheless. I would love to get my hands on some stock, but I dont think that will happen.
Even if you don't I don't see the whole fuss in people incorporating themselves with the frachise by using we. The way I think about it, you support the team, you buy apperal, and the reason why they are playing is because there is a demand for the sport. Without the fans there would be no football.

TitleTown088
02-16-2007, 02:41 PM
so has anyone heard any real news on the packers lately? besides the al harris extension, and the pack waiting for briggs's contract to try and open extension negotiations with barnett?

I just heard today that the Packers are no longer interested in trading for Moss. :D sorry i cannot post the link.

TitleTown088
02-16-2007, 02:53 PM

I just heard today that the Packers are no longer interested in trading for Moss. :D sorry i cannot post the link.

and we were ranked 32nd in special teams. Also Ahman green was on the radio this morning and he said he would like to retire a packer, but he is also interested in a long term deal and if the packers can't do that for him he may look somewhere else. Texans was the example he used.

princefielder28
02-16-2007, 03:08 PM

and we were ranked 32nd in special teams. Also Ahman green was on the radio this morning and he said he would like to retire a packer, but he is also interested in a long term deal and if the packers can't do that for him he may look somewhere else. Texans was the example he used.

Well I believe Ahman is at the age where he will not get a longer term deal and he very well may have to find another place to play

Favre4
02-16-2007, 04:03 PM
well im one of the packer fans that realizes that moss makes our offense instantly better, so i dont like hearing that news.

princefielder28
02-16-2007, 04:05 PM
well im one of the packer fans that realizes that moss makes our offense instantly better, so i dont like hearing that news.

Well it's a two way street with Moss. Yes, when he plays up to his potential he is very tough and one of the best in the NFL, but he does have questionable behavior at times and he carries quite abit of money on the cap

PackerFan20
02-16-2007, 04:09 PM
its up to jennings I guess, we should target a RB or C now on offense
Michael Turner(RFA)?

GB12
02-16-2007, 04:11 PM

Center, are you serious? It would be stupid for Thompson to go after a C. Wells is fine, no need to upgrade.

PackerFan20
02-16-2007, 04:12 PM

Center, are you serious? It would be stupid for Thompson to go after a C. Wells is fine, no need to upgrade.
Sorry I knew that... :oops:

jpapa4490
02-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Bears franchised Briggs
It's in the NFL thread, i dunno if anyone else posted it, just figured it would be sone handy news.

TitleTown088
02-16-2007, 04:16 PM

Not to mention we just gave him an extension.

princefielder28
02-16-2007, 04:18 PM

Sorry I knew that... :oops:

well, good to know

PackerFan20
02-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Is Stallworth still available he would give us great speed that Driver/Jennings dont have.

TitleTown088
02-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Is Stallworth still available he would give us great speed that Driver/Jennings dont have.

I don't think he's too interested in playing in GB.

PackerFan20
02-16-2007, 05:21 PM

I don't think he's too interested in playing in GB.
We have plenty of money lets get him interested.

PackerFan20
02-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Green has a bday to day making him 30

TitleTown088
02-16-2007, 05:40 PM
what do you all think about Scott Chandler TE Iowa?

Favre4
02-16-2007, 06:32 PM
i dont understand the scott wells contract extension. we are in a division which has 3-4 of the best defensive tackles in football(kevin/pat williams, tommie harris, shaun rogers) scott wells is undersized, and was pushed around all year by these defensive tackles. it would be nice to have a start caliber NFL center on our roster. i think the packers should bring in some competition.

TitleTown088
02-16-2007, 06:47 PM
i dont understand the scott wells contract extension. we are in a division which has 3-4 of the best defensive tackles in football(kevin/pat williams, tommie harris, shaun rogers) scott wells is undersized, and was pushed around all year by these defensive tackles. it would be nice to have a start caliber NFL center on our roster. i think the packers should bring in some competition.
Wells did just fine, i like the extension.

BTW does anyone think that Briggs being franchised is good for the packers? I mean now he dosen't get to see a longterm deal like he got? Anyways, we should see Barnett's contract pretty quick I would hope.

princefielder28
02-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Wells did just fine, i like the extension.

BTW does anyone think that Briggs being franchised is good for the packers? I mean now he dosen't get to see a longterm deal like he got? Anyways, we should see Barnett's contract pretty quick I would hope.

Wells is a hard-nosed Tennessee lineman who gets the job done and at the end of the day that's all that matters

princefielder28
02-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Well Free Agency is being updated as we speak and there's no Ahman Green on the list.....How fine and dandy :x

Favre4
02-16-2007, 07:59 PM
in professional sports, doing enough to get by just doesnt cut it. right now that is what scott wells is doing.

GB12
02-16-2007, 08:00 PM
in professional sports, doing enough to get by just doesnt cut it. right now that is what scott wells is doing.

Ok buddy.

GB12
02-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Well Free Agency is being updated as we speak and there's no Ahman Green on the list.....How fine and dandy :x

Kenderick Allen - Rams :x

jackalope
02-16-2007, 09:22 PM

I just heard today that the Packers are no longer interested in trading for Moss. :D sorry i cannot post the link.that's great to hear although some others would probably be bummed

Kenderick Allen - Rams :xhow could we loose Green? we'll have to go for Lynch in my opinion. Allen doesn't hurt too bad though.

GB12
02-16-2007, 09:24 PM

I just heard today that the Packers are no longer interested in trading for Moss. :D sorry i cannot post the link.that's great to hear although some others would probably be bummed

Kenderick Allen - Rams :xhow could we loose Green? we'll have to go for Lynch in my opinion. Allen doesn't hurt too bad though.

We didn't get him orignally, but I talked to Ward and we got him. There was a big mix up. Do you have AIM?

packerpro42
02-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey, I've followed pretty much everything that you guys have typed and have noticed that this thread is extremely disorganized and cluttered. I would really recommend Packerrats.com as your Packer forum and NFLDC as the primary draft source. Packerrats is not only diverse but it's extremely organized and the people are really friendly there but there is also constant activity with good articles to read and great discussions on the good ol' Packers. Just something to think about, see you guys around the forum.

PacMan
02-16-2007, 09:46 PM
The jsonline article doesn't say anything about us not interested in Moss. It just says nothing has been discussed yet. I'm not saying it's gonna or it won't happen cuz I'm not TT or Al Davis(no really Im not). But teams put up smoke screens a lot in the offseason. as far as Wells, is that fantasy or reality? I don't like all that fantasy garbage on this thread cuz it confuses people. And in my opinion it's dumb. Embrace reality people. Anyways whatever it is. The dude saying Wells is ok is foolish. All those great defensive tackles in the north barely laid a finger on Favre. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. I think we should give Ahman a long term deal as long as it's on the cheap. The dude loves GB has played as hard as anyone out there and would prolly take less to stay in GB than more to go somewhere else. He can help school Marshawn til he's ready to takeover.

jackalope
02-16-2007, 10:14 PM

We didn't get him orignally, but I talked to Ward and we got him. There was a big mix up. Do you have AIM?good news that we got him. no i don't have an AIM.

someone447
02-16-2007, 11:08 PM
The jsonline article doesn't say anything about us not interested in Moss. It just says nothing has been discussed yet. I'm not saying it's gonna or it won't happen cuz I'm not TT or Al Davis(no really Im not). But teams put up smoke screens a lot in the offseason. as far as Wells, is that fantasy or reality? I don't like all that fantasy garbage on this thread cuz it confuses people. And in my opinion it's dumb. Embrace reality people. Anyways whatever it is. The dude saying Wells is ok is foolish. All those great defensive tackles in the north barely laid a finger on Favre. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. I think we should give Ahman a long term deal as long as it's on the cheap. The dude loves GB has played as hard as anyone out there and would prolly take less to stay in GB than more to go somewhere else. He can help school Marshawn til he's ready to takeover.

The reason we use this thread is that there are 7 of us, its kinda hard to coordinate otherwise. Not a whole lot is going on, and it actually is quite fun to participate in.

princefielder28
02-17-2007, 01:01 AM

The reason we use this thread is that there are 7 of us, its kinda hard to coordinate otherwise. Not a whole lot is going on, and it actually is quite fun to participate in.

I echo that statement :)

GadoR'Savior
02-17-2007, 04:38 AM
First 3 rounds?

1. trade down SS Griffen
2. No moss trade , WR S. Rice
2. DT Demarcus Taylor or RB Michael Bush If there
3. TE Ben Patrick

princefielder28
02-17-2007, 08:10 AM
First 3 rounds?

1. trade down SS Griffen
2. No moss trade , WR S. Rice
2. DT Demarcus Taylor or RB Michael Bush If there
3. TE Ben Patrick

Very wishful thinking to get all those guys

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-17-2007, 08:31 AM
GREEN BAY GOING DEFENSE IN FREE AGENCY

We reported recently that the Packers' first target in free agency will be Ravens linebacker/defensive end Adalius Thomas.

We're now hearing that the defensive side of the ball will be the primary, if not exclusive, focus of the team's efforts in free agency.

Last year, quarterback Brett Favre spoke openly about wanting the team to make a free-agent acquisition along the lines of defensive end Reggie White. Though there was no Reggie-type player available last year (and there isn't one available this year), quantity could be the key as the Packers improve their ability to keep other teams off of the scoreboard.

PacMan
02-17-2007, 09:01 AM

Ok understandable. When you guys are talking fantasy though let everyone know. Don't be like "Oh man we just traded so and so for so and so2. I'm so pumped." Cuz then some of us are looking around on packers websites trying to find out what's going on. Know what I'm sayin??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:

jackalope
02-17-2007, 09:26 AM

Ok understandable. When you guys are talking fantasy though let everyone know. Don't be like "Oh man we just traded so and so for so and so2. I'm so pumped." Cuz then some of us are looking around on packers websites trying to find out what's going on. Know what I'm sayin??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:how about we do something like put all fantasy talk in italics. or just start out by saying "Fantasy:"

Favre4
02-17-2007, 10:10 AM
i was talking about scott wells when i said doing enough to get by doesnt cut it. GB12 take a look at cledius hunt. he did enough to get but, look at where that got him. how about bahow jue? remember will whitticker? or how about kabeer gbaja-biamila. its well known that if you dont produce, youre not going to be with a team for very long.

princefielder28
02-17-2007, 10:19 AM
i was talking about scott wells when i said doing enough to get by doesnt cut it. GB12 take a look at cledius hunt. he did enough to get but, look at where that got him. how about bahow jue? remember will whitticker? or how about kabeer gbaja-biamila. its well known that if you dont produce, youre not going to be with a team for very long.

Well Scott Wells isn't gettting payed to produce like Cletdius was or Kabeer currently is. He does wow you but he doesn't make you sit back and say man we need to get rid of this guy

Jim Jim
02-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Scott Wells is a quiet blue collared guy who does his job and that's it. You're insane to want to replace him.

Favre4
02-17-2007, 10:24 AM
next time you watch a game just single him out and watch him for a quarter. you wont be impressed. when he makes mistakes, they arent even at full speed.

jackalope
02-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Scott Wells is fine. we don't need to replace a good player because he's not great.

Pack_Attack_4
02-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Scott Wells is fine. we don't need to replace a good player because he's not great.

I totally agree, he might be a bit undersized, and we do prolly have 3/4 best DTs in our division but he fits the zone blocking scheem and theres no reason to get rid of him.

Boston
02-17-2007, 11:26 AM

We reported recently that the Packers' first target in free agency will be Ravens linebacker/defensive end Adalius Thomas.

We're now hearing that the defensive side of the ball will be the primary, if not exclusive, focus of the team's efforts in free agency.

Last year, quarterback Brett Favre spoke openly about wanting the team to make a free-agent acquisition along the lines of defensive end Reggie White. Though there was no Reggie-type player available last year (and there isn't one available this year), quantity could be the key as the Packers improve their ability to keep other teams off of the scoreboard.

Is this real?

ny10804
02-17-2007, 11:40 AM

Is this real?

Yea, it's from Pro Football Talk.

As for Wells, you don't cut a player you just gave a 5-year extension. And you certainly don't give a 5-year extension to a player who doesn't deserve it. Especially when the one who gave him the deal is Ted Thompson.

princefielder28
02-17-2007, 12:00 PM

Is this real?

Yea, it's from Pro Football Talk.

As for Wells, you don't cut a player you just gave a 5-year extension. And you certainly don't give a 5-year extension to a player who doesn't deserve it. Especially when the one who gave him the deal is Ted Thompson.

That couldn't be more true

Number 10
02-17-2007, 12:04 PM
What do you guys think about Ben Taylor?

Boston
02-17-2007, 12:10 PM

He pretty much sucks.

02-17-2007, 12:10 PM
The Bears franchised Briggs so that get's rid of one of the better OLB's in FA.

princefielder28
02-17-2007, 12:20 PM
FANTASY

I just got done talking to Kansas City representatives and they are going to talk today and are strongly considering a deal that would send Larry Johnson to Green Bay for the 16th overall pick and OL Kevin Barry.

What are some thoughts????

Would we then deal the 2nd round pick we have to gain more draft pick???

Number 10
02-17-2007, 12:20 PM

He pretty much sucks.

Really?

He had a couple solid years in Cleveland and is at the top when it comes to intangibles. Guess he just doesn't fit your system?

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-17-2007, 12:21 PM
so what players have we signed in the FA offseason so far?

princefielder28
02-17-2007, 12:24 PM
so what players have we signed in the FA offseason so far?

Ahman Green and Tracy White

GB12
02-17-2007, 12:32 PM

He pretty much sucks.

Really?

He had a couple solid years in Cleveland and is at the top when it comes to intangibles. Guess he just doesn't fit your system?

No, he just sucks. Talk to BF51 about his Cleveland years.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-17-2007, 12:37 PM
FANTASY

I just got done talking to Kansas City representatives and they are going to talk today and are strongly considering a deal that would send Larry Johnson to Green Bay for the 16th overall pick and OL Kevin Barry.

Would we then deal the 2nd round pick we have to gain more draft pick???yuck. i wouldnt do that unless we got another day one pick

i just finished this up, first wall ive done and first thing ive done in a long long time in photoshop. what do you guys think?

http://www.wolfness.net/up/files/HawkBack.jpg

princefielder28
02-17-2007, 01:55 PM
FANTASY

Would we then deal the 2nd round pick we have to gain more draft pick???yuck. i wouldnt do that unless we got another day one pick

i just finished this up, first wall ive done and first thing ive done in a long long time in photoshop. what do you guys think?

I like the trade b/c we no longer need Kevin Barry and you aren't going to find anyone at pick 16 with the talent of LJ.

Imagine

QB- Brett Favre
RB- Larry Johnson/ Ahman Green
FB- Brandon Miree
WR- Randy Moss/ Donald Driver/ Greg Jennings
TE- Franks/ Olsen or Miller
OT- Chad Clifton
OG- Daryn Colledge
C- Scott Wells
OG- Jason Spitz
OT- Mark Tauscher

Rayford Mcdaniel
02-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Seriously. That will never happen.

princefielder28
02-17-2007, 02:07 PM

It's happening in our Fantasy Off-season :D

GB12
02-17-2007, 02:09 PM

It's happening in our Fantasy Off-season :D

Yeah, I want'ed to keep it kind of realistic, but after getting only Green and Tracy White in FA, screw it.

Favre4
02-17-2007, 03:09 PM
i never said we should cut scott wells, go look at my posts. i said we should bring in some competition. maybe a young guy who has been in a zone blocking scheme in college, or a guy who is 27-28 and has been in an NFL zone blocking scheme for awhile.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-17-2007, 03:14 PM
i never said we should cut scott wells, go look at my posts. i said we should bring in some competition. maybe a young guy who has been in a zone blocking scheme in college, or a guy who is 27-28 and has been in an NFL zone blocking scheme for awhile.after we just signed him to a 5 year extension?

Favre4
02-17-2007, 03:41 PM
just because you bring in competition, doesnt mean its always to replace someone. sometimes its just to get more out of your starter, and let him know that he has to earn his job every week.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-17-2007, 03:43 PM
just because you bring in competition, doesnt mean its always to replace someone. sometimes its just to get more out of your starter, and let him know that he has to earn his job every week.gotchya didnt view it that way

PackerFan20
02-17-2007, 03:44 PM
just because you bring in competition, doesnt mean its always to replace someone. sometimes its just to get more out of your starter, and let him know that he has to earn his job every week.
This is called the Phillip Rivers affect, I dont see the need to waste money on a C so long as Wells and Rob Davis the LS stay.

GB12
02-17-2007, 03:51 PM
This is called the Phillip Rivers affect, I dont see the need to waste money on a C so long as Wells and Rob Davis the LS stay.

No, what he's saying makes sense but I don't think that's necessary for Wells. That works well if you have an unmotivated guy that slacks off, but that's not the kind of person Wells is.

princefielder28
02-17-2007, 04:14 PM
FANTASY

Should we sign Lavar Arrington???

GB12
02-17-2007, 04:14 PM
FANTASY

Can't, Giants kept him.

princefielder28
02-17-2007, 04:15 PM
FANTASY

Can't, Giants kept him.

They had a post that said they released him

Pack_Attack_4
02-17-2007, 04:39 PM
GB12 u really think Underwood is the answer?

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-17-2007, 04:39 PM
FANTASY

Can't, Giants kept him.

They had a post that said they released himi posted a post saying that he was cut. although that was in real life not fantasy

jackalope
02-17-2007, 06:29 PM
GB12 u really think Underwood is the answer?i would agree with it. i believe that if Underwood hadn't gone down before the season he would have replaced Manuel. he has a good chance of being our starter this season. that's why i don't really want to get a safety on day 1.

GB12
02-17-2007, 06:45 PM
GB12 u really think Underwood is the answer?

I think he very well could be. I have been on him for a long time now. I really like what I saw before he got injured, and he would have seen some nice playing time. He was only in his second year so he has plenty of time to grow. I hope he gets his chance to prove himself, and I think TT will let him. I am his number one fan, and now I have this sweet sig to show it.

GB12
02-17-2007, 06:56 PM
FANTASY

Can't, Giants kept him.

I talked to their GM, and I guess they just did. He said that part of why they changed their mind was because he failed a physical.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/NFC/NFC+East/NY+Giants/default.htm

He might not be the best, but I don't see how he would hurt us.

princefielder28
02-17-2007, 09:59 PM
FANTASY

Can't, Giants kept him.

I talked to their GM, and I guess they just did. He said that part of why they changed their mind was because he failed a physical.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/NFC/NFC+East/NY+Giants/default.htm

He might not be the best, but I don't see how he would hurt us.

ok

GB12
02-17-2007, 10:22 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=567031

Signed a punter.

someone447
02-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Thats fine, he can fight for a spot with Poppinga.

PackerFan20
02-17-2007, 10:52 PM

Signed a punter.
what for I like Ryan

Boston
02-17-2007, 11:10 PM

Signed a punter.
what for I like Ryan

Competition.

princefielder28
02-18-2007, 09:05 AM
FANTASY

Is today the day trades are processed???

PackerFan20
02-18-2007, 11:02 AM
FANTASY

I like the trade b/c we no longer need Kevin Barry and you aren't going to find anyone at pick 16 with the talent of LJ.

Imagine

QB- Brett Favre
FB- Brandon Miree
OT- Chad Clifton
OG- Daryn Colledge
C- Scott Wells
OG- Jason Spitz
OT- Mark Tauscher
to bad it couldnt happen fo real

Any GM or adviser spots left?

Favre4
02-18-2007, 11:09 AM
that signing goes along with what we were just talking about with scott wells.

jackalope
02-18-2007, 11:39 AM
FANTASY

Imagine

QB- Brett Favre
FB- Brandon Miree
OT- Chad Clifton
OG- Daryn Colledge
C- Scott Wells
OG- Jason Spitz
OT- Mark Tauscher
to bad it couldnt happen fo real

Any GM or adviser spots left?not really we've got a ton already.

I like Ryan and i hope he's our punter but i can understand bringing in competition.

princefielder28
02-18-2007, 12:10 PM
FANTASY

we need to talk about what we are going to due in regards to the Draft

Positions: TE, S, CB, LB, KR/PR

princefielder28
02-18-2007, 12:15 PM
What about Bethel Johnson as a return option???

GB12
02-18-2007, 12:40 PM
FANTASY

TE-Second round pick, Miller first, Olsen if he's taken
S-not worried about it. Only place I would have considered it was in the first.
CB-Our next pick is a fourth, and it could be used on a CB
LB-Either a 6th or 7th if at all
KR-I think it was you that I talked to about this. Either Higgins, Robinson, or Breaston. Higgins will be taken in the third, so not a real likely option. Robinson should go from the fourth to the fifth. If he's there at our 5th I want him. Breaston could go anywhere from the 5th to 7th. It's just how much we want to risk it. If we don't get anyone Johnson could be an option, but I would rather get someone through the draft.

jackalope
02-18-2007, 12:45 PM
FANTASY

KR-I think it was you that I talked to about this. Either Higgins, Robinson, or Breaston. Higgins will be taken in the third, so not a real likely option. Robinson should go from the fourth to the fifth. If he's there at our 5th I want him. Breaston could go anywhere from the 5th to 7th. It's just how much we want to risk it. If we don't get anyone Johnson could be an option, but I would rather get someone through the draft.so who are we looking at in the first. personally i would like to go after Lynch still. what are you guys thinking?

princefielder28
02-18-2007, 12:45 PM
FANTASY

KR-I think it was you that I talked to about this. Either Higgins, Robinson, or Breaston. Higgins will be taken in the third, so not a real likely option. Robinson should go from the fourth to the fifth. If he's there at our 5th I want him. Breaston could go anywhere from the 5th to 7th. It's just how much we want to risk it. If we don't get anyone Johnson could be an option, but I would rather get someone through the draft.so who are we looking at in the first. personally i would like to go after Lynch still. what are you guys thinking?

I think we're getting Larry Johnson

jackalope
02-18-2007, 12:47 PM
FANTASY

I think we're getting Larry Johnsonreally? i wasn't aware that the trade was final.

princefielder28
02-18-2007, 12:49 PM
FANTASY

I think we're getting Larry Johnsonreally? i wasn't aware that the trade was final.

According to one of the Co-GMs they were going to talk yesterday and they pretty much set on the deal we offered them

Green Bay gets: Larry Johnson
Kansas City gets: 16th pick and Kevin Barry

PackerFan20
02-18-2007, 02:16 PM
FANTASY

KR-I think it was you that I talked to about this. Either Higgins, Robinson, or Breaston. Higgins will be taken in the third, so not a real likely option. Robinson should go from the fourth to the fifth. If he's there at our 5th I want him. Breaston could go anywhere from the 5th to 7th. It's just how much we want to risk it. If we don't get anyone Johnson could be an option, but I would rather get someone through the draft. For KR why not Josh Wilson he fills two needs and could get picked up in the 2nd or 3rd

GB12
02-18-2007, 02:21 PM
FANTASY

KR-I think it was you that I talked to about this. Either Higgins, Robinson, or Breaston. Higgins will be taken in the third, so not a real likely option. Robinson should go from the fourth to the fifth. If he's there at our 5th I want him. Breaston could go anywhere from the 5th to 7th. It's just how much we want to risk it. If we don't get anyone Johnson could be an option, but I would rather get someone through the draft. For KR why not Josh Wilson he fills two needs and could get picked up in the 2nd or 3rd
2nd we need a TE and we don't have a third.

princefielder28
02-18-2007, 03:14 PM
FANTASY

mhmm, Randy Moss :D

PackerFan20
02-18-2007, 03:47 PM
FANTASY

There is enough TEs available that can make big impacts well into the 4th.Wilson fills two needs and no other prospects do that.

GB12
02-18-2007, 03:50 PM
FANTASY

There is enough TEs available that can make big impacts well into the 4th.Wilson fills two needs and no other prospects do that.

I never said anything about taking a TE in the 4th. I said in the second. If you were saying to take Wilson in the 4th there is no way he lasts that long.

PackerFan20
02-18-2007, 03:53 PM
FANTASY

I never said anything about taking a TE in the 4th. I said in the second. If you were saying to take Wilson in the 4th there is no way he lasts that long.
I never said that you said we shoul take one in the 4th, I was saying you should take one in the 4th and take Wilson in the 2nd

princefielder28
02-18-2007, 04:28 PM
FANTASY

I never said that you said we shoul take one in the 4th, I was saying you should take one in the 4th and take Wilson in the 2nd

We are looking address TE in round 2 becuase Olsen and Miller are very good prospects

roidrunner
02-18-2007, 07:00 PM
so did we ever really trade for moss or no??? I have been with out a comp for like 2 weeks. or are these just rumors.

jackalope
02-18-2007, 07:12 PM
so did we ever really trade for moss or no??? I have been with out a comp for like 2 weeks. or are these just rumors.we've been discussing our fantasy off season, in which we traded for him. in reality i doubt it's gonna happen and i'm really hopping it doesn't.

GB12
02-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Fantasy
I'll do the trade forms but if you have a good reason for either post it.

Reasoning:

This is not an option, it is a requirement. To clarify, I want YOUR reasoning, I don't want to hear why it's good for everyone involved. Pretend I work for your organization and you are filling me in on why this is a great deal for you.

I think it is obvious why it would be good for us, so I know basically what I'll put already but if you have something good it could help.

Edit: Sent

Hawk
02-19-2007, 01:47 AM
I'm only posting to show off my sig

princefielder28
02-19-2007, 06:38 AM
I'm only posting to show off my sig

That's a decent sig

jackalope
02-19-2007, 07:23 AM
I'm only posting to show off my sigit's alright. i've made some but i don't think they're good enough to use.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6031/lynchsigcopymb7.jpg

PackerFan20
02-19-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm only posting to show off my sigit's alright. i've made some but i don't think they're good enough to use.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6031/lynchsigcopymb7.jpg

Shoot Id take it thats a real good sig

ny10804
02-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Here's some JAR (Joe Arrigo Rumors) from today:

The Packers plan on making a BIG PUSH for Adalius Thomas. The team feels he can have a major impact as a DE and even play some SLB. Ted Thompson has made him his top priority (as long as the Raven don't Franchise him). Even though he said he like warm weather (on Cold Pizza), money talks and the Packers have alot of it.

I think the Packers have decided to NOT pursue Randy Moss and will upgrade the WR position via the draft. In the end, they would rather risk a pick on a player that is younger and has less baggage. The Raiders asking price also has went up and the packers don't want to pay the price tag (possibly a 1st round pick).

A player the Packers have privately inquired about is Chris Perry (from the Bengals). He has been hurt and could be had for a cheap price (possibly a 4th round pick).

bearsfan_51
02-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Good move by the Packers. I've been saying all year that an upgrade over Cullen Jenkings would be a very smart move by the pack.

I know a lot of you think he's special, but Thomas is a much better bet and will help legitimize a Packers defense that still has numerous gaps.

jpapa4490
02-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Here's some JAR (Joe Arrigo Rumors) from today:

The Packers plan on making a BIG PUSH for Adalius Thomas. The team feels he can have a major impact as a DE and even play some SLB. Ted Thompson has made him his top priority (as long as the Raven don't Franchise him). Even though he said he like warm weather (on Cold Pizza), money talks and the Packers have alot of it.

I think the Packers have decided to NOT pursue Randy Moss and will upgrade the WR position via the draft. In the end, they would rather risk a pick on a player that is younger and has less baggage. The Raiders asking price also has went up and the packers don't want to pay the price tag (possibly a 1st round pick).

A player the Packers have privately inquired about is Chris Perry (from the Bengals). He has been hurt and could be had for a cheap price (possibly a 4th round pick).

I wud love that, young and fresh and would allow us to not take a RB in RD 1, Maybe hold off until RD 4 to draft a RB.

ny10804
02-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Good move by the Packers. I've been saying all year that an upgrade over Cullen Jenkings would be a very smart move by the pack.

I know a lot of you think he's special, but Thomas is a much better bet and will help legitimize a Packers defense that still has numerous gaps.

Yea, and Thomas would also get some PT at LB, at which time Jenkins would come in at DE. Jenkins would also rotate at DT. This type of role, imo, is best for both Jenkins and the team.

I'm not banking on Thomas coming to Green Bay, but if he did, the front 7 of this team would be very, very good.

bearsfan_51
02-19-2007, 11:32 AM

Yea, and Thomas would also get some PT at LB, at which time Jenkins would come in at DE. Jenkins would also rotate at DT. This type of role, imo, is best for both Jenkins and the team.

I'm not banking on Thomas coming to Green Bay, but if he did, the front 7 of this team would be very, very good.
I also predict that if Thomas is signed Packers fans will rejoice and say what an immediate upgrade it is and how they needed another pass-rusher, but if he's not they will all say how Cullen Jenkings is the answer and the D-line is fine and that he wasn't worth the money. Just saying it now before it happens. :wink:

Edit: I think this move would benefit the secondary just as much as the front 7. Nothing helps out a secondary more than a consistant pass-rush.

ny10804
02-19-2007, 11:47 AM

I also predict that if Thomas is signed Packers fans will rejoice and say what an immediate upgrade it is and how they needed another pass-rusher, but if he's not they will all say how Cullen Jenkings is the answer and the D-line is fine and that he wasn't worth the money. Just saying it now before it happens. :wink:

Edit: I think this move would benefit the secondary just as much as the front 7. Nothing helps out a secondary more than a consistant pass-rush.

I'll go on record now as saying Jenkins and KGB would be sufficient for next year, but a couple levels below Thomas and Jenkins. There, I covered both fields.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-19-2007, 12:40 PM
i want thomas first jenkins second. if we do not acquire moss from the raiders im leaning toward ginn in round 1

cheesehead10790
02-19-2007, 01:07 PM
I dont want ginn at all. Ginn is pretty similar to greg jennings. If we were going to draft a wr in round 1, I see us going after jarrett because of his unigue build.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-19-2007, 01:09 PM
I dont want ginn at all. Ginn is pretty similar to greg jennings. If we were going to draft a wr in round 1, I see us going after jarrett because of his unigue build.for me hes going to have to run a good 40 time to change my mind.

cheesehead10790
02-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Ya his 40 will be crucial. Id rather get lynch anyway but i was just saying that we would go after jarrett more than ginn (assuming there both still there)

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Ya his 40 will be crucial. Id rather get lynch anyway but i was just saying that we would go after jarrett more than ginn (assuming there both still there)true. im against lynch though. there isnt much reasoning behind it i just dont feel like we should pick him i feel that we can pick up someone later

TitleTown088
02-19-2007, 01:45 PM
I dont want ginn at all. Ginn is pretty similar to greg jennings. If we were going to draft a wr in round 1, I see us going after jarrett because of his unigue build.

Ginn is a burner who can spread the feild with his speed while Jennings is more of a YAC reciver with great hands and decent speed. The only thing i see similar is their height.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-19-2007, 01:52 PM

Ginn is a burner who can spread the feild with his speed while Jennings is more of a YAC reciver with great hands and decent speed. The only thing i see similar is their height.he is also a kick returner as well and could even potentially play CB if we pushed it