PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

princefielder28
02-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Ya his 40 will be crucial. Id rather get lynch anyway but i was just saying that we would go after jarrett more than ginn (assuming there both still there)true. im against lynch though. there isnt much reasoning behind it i just dont feel like we should pick him i feel that we can pick up someone later

Lynch is a franchise back though b/c we could bring in Chris Perry but he's uffered fro injuries and is no lock to be a long term solution

GB12
02-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Good move by the Packers. I've been saying all year that an upgrade over Cullen Jenkings would be a very smart move by the pack.

I know a lot of you think he's special, but Thomas is a much better bet and will help legitimize a Packers defense that still has numerous gaps.

I'vee been for signing Thomas since people started talking about FA. Himat LB in the 4-3 and then at DE in nickle/dime is gold.

someone447
02-19-2007, 03:47 PM
I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY do not want Ginn. Troy Williamson part 2. I would much rather get jarett or trade down and get Bowe. Or, ideally, get higgins in the late 2nd or 3rd round.

aic4ever
02-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Good move by the Packers. I've been saying all year that an upgrade over Cullen Jenkings would be a very smart move by the pack.

I know a lot of you think he's special, but Thomas is a much better bet and will help legitimize a Packers defense that still has numerous gaps.

Yea, and Thomas would also get some PT at LB, at which time Jenkins would come in at DE. Jenkins would also rotate at DT. This type of role, imo, is best for both Jenkins and the team.

I'm not banking on Thomas coming to Green Bay, but if he did, the front 7 of this team would be very, very good.
I also predict that if Thomas is signed Packers fans will rejoice and say what an immediate upgrade it is and how they needed another pass-rusher, but if he's not they will all say how Cullen Jenkings is the answer and the D-line is fine and that he wasn't worth the money. Just saying it now before it happens. :wink:

Edit: I think this move would benefit the secondary just as much as the front 7. Nothing helps out a secondary more than a consistant pass-rush.

You would know better than anybody after having had to endure Peanut Tillman patrolling half the field for you.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Ya his 40 will be crucial. Id rather get lynch anyway but i was just saying that we would go after jarrett more than ginn (assuming there both still there)true. im against lynch though. there isnt much reasoning behind it i just dont feel like we should pick him i feel that we can pick up someone later

Lynch is a franchise back though b/c we could bring in Chris Perry but he's uffered fro injuries and is no lock to be a long term solutionlynch is a franchise back because we can bring in perry?

some appealing ginn footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

jackalope
02-19-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm only posting to show off my sigit's alright. i've made some but i don't think they're good enough to use.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3521/lynchsigcopyol0.jpg

Shoot Id take it thats a real good siggive me credit if you wanna use it. i shrunk it down a bit.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3521/lynchsigcopyol0.jpg

princefielder28
02-19-2007, 05:40 PM

Lynch is a franchise back though b/c we could bring in Chris Perry but he's uffered fro injuries and is no lock to be a long term solutionlynch is a franchise back because we can bring in perry?

perry was being talked about before and i thought you branched off from it, but there's no too many backs the caliber of lynch that fall to 16

princefielder28
02-19-2007, 05:46 PM
FANTASY

Do we want to put Ahman on the trading block just to see what type of offers come in???

jackalope
02-19-2007, 06:58 PM
FANTASY

Do we want to put Ahman on the trading block just to see what type of offers come in???i suppose shopping him wouldn't hurt.

Pack_Attack_4
02-19-2007, 07:30 PM

After seeing that video I hope we get Ginn now. Hes a small explosive WR like Steve Smith in some of the plays hes open by like 10 or more yards and he could do wonders for us in KR/PR.

princefielder28
02-19-2007, 08:41 PM

After seeing that video I hope we get Ginn now. Hes a small explosive WR like Steve Smith in some of the plays hes open by like 10 or more yards and he could do wonders for us in KR/PR.

He may play like Smith on the colliegiate level but Steve Smith is an All-Pro and Ginn will never reach that level

PackerFan20
02-19-2007, 08:44 PM

We dont need Perry, he'll want more money than Morency, but will get hurt more

sik wit it
02-19-2007, 09:55 PM

He may play like Smith on the colliegiate level but Steve Smith is an All-Pro and Ginn will never reach that level
prove it. I think he'll be a really good pro player. Maybe not quite as good as steve but you can't teach speed like that.

princefielder28
02-19-2007, 09:56 PM

prove it. I think he'll be a really good pro player. Maybe not quite as good as steve but you can't teach speed like that.

no you don't have to teach him speed but you have to teach him the plays and I heard that he has a bit of a learning disability

someone447
02-19-2007, 10:00 PM
I would much rather get Higgins later in the draft(either trade down in the 2nd or get him in the 3rd if he is still available.) I think he is gonna be an incredible pro. I have friends that know him and they say he was easily the hardest working player on the team. That anytime they would go in to workout, he was always there.

sik wit it
02-19-2007, 10:13 PM

no you don't have to teach him speed but you have to teach him the plays and I heard that he has a bit of a learning disability
Billy Blanks has a learning disability, Terry Bradshaw has ADHD, that doesn't mean anything. No one is perfect. I'm sure he'd be willing to put in the time to overcome it.

GB12
02-19-2007, 10:22 PM
I would much rather get Higgins later in the draft(either trade down in the 2nd or get him in the 3rd if he is still available.) I think he is gonna be an incredible pro. I have friends that know him and they say he was easily the hardest working player on the team. That anytime they would go in to workout, he was always there.

I like him, but I don't think that's the best option at that point.

ny10804
02-19-2007, 10:29 PM
From three years of playing high school football, I've observed that some of the best players are often the least smart, to put it bluntly. What's weird is that though they (I'll use one of my junior classmates who plays RB as an example) can't solve a simple algebra problem, they can understand the dynamics of, say, diagnosing a defensive formation and picking up the blitzer on a pass play. And, they can then explain how that works to other players who would otherwise be considered "smarter" than they are.

Football smarts and book smarts don't go hand in hand. I mean, I've had the above player ask me 3 or 4 times if 13 was a perfect square, but he somehow can understand and remember the playbook better than most players.

If this is Ted Ginn's case, it doesn't bother me. If the case is that he can't remember plays or doesn't want to, then it becomes a problem.

GB12
02-19-2007, 10:34 PM
From three years of playing high school football, I've observed that some of the best players are often the least smart, to put it bluntly. What's weird is that though they (I'll use one of my junior classmates who plays RB as an example) can't solve a simple algebra problem, they can understand the dynamics of, say, diagnosing a defensive formation and picking up the blitzer on a pass play. And, they can then explain how that works to other players who would otherwise be considered "smarter" than they are.

Football smarts and book smarts don't go hand in hand. I mean, I've had the above player ask me 3 or 4 times if 13 was a perfect square, but he somehow can understand and remember the playbook better than most players.

If this is Ted Ginn's case, it doesn't bother me. If the case is that he can't remember plays or doesn't want to, then it becomes a problem.

Yeah, part of that is just effort though. In those cases they usually don't care about school, but will give it their all in football. You do have somewhat of a choice.

GadoR'Savior
02-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Ginn's dad has built one of the best high school football teams in the state of Ohio,and is a great coach, i really think Teddy has picked up on football and wont have a prob learning plays. Some people need to get off his back, just cuz i guy is fast doesnt mean hes wont do anythin in the NFL, People think thats all he has to offer and that is rediculous!! Just like people last sayin that Bush cant make it in the NFL and he was goin to be a bust. Wow people were so right bout that! He runs nice routes, is beyond shifty, and wow he can run! :shock: Lets not forget that HE DOES KNOW football and CAB learn plays even if he does have some type of learnin disability. Hes done it his whole life and has had a father who is a great coach to help him.

But i dont think he is right for the packers eighter does mike McCarthy he says he wants big west coast offese WR and the Packers do need someone to fill Walker spot still( Jarrett or Rice could maybe Jacoby Jones later) but we need a big guy not just a burner.

TitleTown088
02-20-2007, 12:11 AM

and you know this how?

TitleTown088
02-20-2007, 12:13 AM
If the pack gets AT, whats going to happen to KGB? Trade him for a 92nd rounder?

GB12
02-20-2007, 12:15 AM
If the pack gets AT, whats going to happen to KGB? Trade him for a 92nd rounder?

He's going to stay no matter what for this year at least. Way to much of a cap hit. He'll be worthless to us, but I'd still rather pay him and Thomas than just him.

TitleTown088
02-20-2007, 12:37 AM

He's going to stay no matter what for this year at least. Way to much of a cap hit. He'll be worthless to us, but I'd still rather pay him and Thomas than just him.

I have been reading alot about him going to Denver (perhaps and exchange that involved Tatum bell and some draft picks.) Just rumors of course.

jackalope
02-20-2007, 07:19 AM
we gave Donald Lee a 1 year deal.

The Legend
02-20-2007, 07:27 AM
Another idea Legend wants to run by you

3-4 what you think

sorry the picture came out werid and all but you get the idea a 3-4 defence
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5452/34jm3.png

someone447
02-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Kampmann can't play LB. But he could be an undersized DE. He isn't much smaller than Luis Castillo. I think Poppinga could be a pretty good OLB in the 3-4. He has speed and his coverage ability wouldn't be as exposed. However, since we will continue to run the 4-3 this is a moot point. Personally, with other teams switching to the 3-4 and the Cover 2 as often as they have, I would prefer to stick with the 4-3. Less competition for the players that fit into our defense and not the 3-4 or Cover 2.

Nitschke-Hawk
02-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Kampman is about 40 pounds less than Luis Castillo these days, I'm not saying he can or can't play occasional linebacker, just that he's a lot lighter.

TitleTown088
02-20-2007, 11:24 AM
have been told the Packers and Nick Barnett's people are getting a little closer to a deal, locking the MLB up for 5-6 years, I couldn't get my hands on any fiscal details.

Look for the Packers to try and make a push for Daniel Graham. At first they were not to sure on whether or not to make a run at him, but it seems they have decided to do so since the Pats franchised Asante Samuel.

It seems the Packers have an eye on a BIG OL that has ties to Thompson...sorry I cann't say the name today...I will bring it out later in the week.

I was told as of today the top 4 WR's on the Packers board are (in no particular order) Ginn, Jarrett, Rice and Bowe.

Three RB's to keep your eye on if your a Packers fan are Dwayne Wright, Brian Leonard and Tony Hunt.

Look for the Packers to inquire about Deon Grant, but they won't get into a betiding war with other teams over him.

The Packers are mulling whether or not to make a ruin at Cato June.

GadoR'Savior
02-20-2007, 11:38 AM
3-4 Defense

DL: SE Kampman NT Pickett WE Jenkins

LB: SOLB Thomas SILB Hodge WILB Barnett WOLB Hawk

DB: CB Harris FS Collins SS Griffen CB Woodson

ds8582
02-20-2007, 11:38 AM
have been told the Packers and Nick Barnett's people are getting a little closer to a deal, locking the MLB up for 5-6 years, I couldn't get my hands on any fiscal details.

Look for the Packers to try and make a push for Daniel Graham. At first they were not to sure on whether or not to make a run at him, but it seems they have decided to do so since the Pats franchised Asante Samuel.

It seems the Packers have an eye on a BIG OL that has ties to Thompson...sorry I cann't say the name today...I will bring it out later in the week.

I was told as of today the top 4 WR's on the Packers board are (in no particular order) Ginn, Jarrett, Rice and Bowe.

Three RB's to keep your eye on if your a Packers fan are Dwayne Wright, Brian Leonard and Tony Hunt.

Look for the Packers to inquire about Deon Grant, but they won't get into a betiding war with other teams over him.

where did you get this information??

GadoR'Savior
02-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Okay originally i was like the biggest fan of taking Marshawn Lynch with are pick but I dont think we can do that anymore. We need a SS, Big WR, and a TE. If we trade down and pick up another 2nd rounder we can take care of are TE probable and eighter grab a WR (Hopefully Rice is still on the board), or RB. I think we most take a saftey in the 1st round, that is are weakest spot on the team and it kills us (All those long TD's we gave up and big plays)

I like Patrick the TE from Delaware and think he could be are pick in the 3rd round hes big and has great hands. I'd compare him to a Wiggins from the Vikings, hes big but can make big plays. Well Wiggins a few years ago now hes losin it. Now if that happens he could possibly grab are WR ( Rice ) and RB (Hunt)

If ya cant tell im high on Rice and really, really hope he falls and I think Hunt is a good player who will still be there late second round.

I know thats all a long shoot but wow this years draft would be almost as good and promising as last years... Call me a dreamer but i think this could happen.

So this is what it could look like and no im not gettin my hopes up haha

1. SS Griffen
2. WR Rice
2. HB Hunt
3. TE Patrick

ds8582
02-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Can anyone give a real detailed explanation of the difference between Strong Safeties and Free Safeties i.e. abilities for being sucessful and position differences??

TitleTown088
02-20-2007, 01:04 PM

where did you get this information??

From Joe Arrigo at packerchatter

RockJock07
02-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Daniel Graham would be a good fit for this team, I think I'd rather have him then Eric Johnson.

I wonder who this "Big OL" is that TT wants to get and Personally, I think the packers are looking at Jarrett as there top WR on thier board probably followed by Ginn, Bowe, and Rice.

But where is this info from?

ds8582
02-20-2007, 01:14 PM
If Daniel Graham is picked up in FA, does anyone still think we'll go TE in the 2nd round??

ny10804
02-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Daniel Graham would be a good fit for this team, I think I'd rather have him then Eric Johnson.

I wonder who this "Big OL" is that TT wants to get and Personally, I think the packers are looking at Jarrett as there top WR on thier board probably followed by Ginn, Bowe, and Rice.

But where is this info from?

Joe Arrigo. He posts his news/rumors on either his website (http://warroomdraftguide.com/), or PackerChatters. I've been reading his stuff for going on a year now, and I'll say he's actually very accurate. I'd say he's 80 percent hit, 20 percent miss, but what makes him interesting is that he gets the information way before any of the news outlets do.

BTW, PackerChatters is doing an interview with Scott tomorrow -- just an FYI for those interested.

TitleTown088
02-20-2007, 01:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-robinson-sentence&prov=ap&type=lgns

Koren gets 90 more.

someone447
02-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Kampman is about 40 pounds less than Luis Castillo these days, I'm not saying he can or can't play occasional linebacker, just that he's a lot lighter.

According to the teams official websites, its only a 15 pound difference or so.

ds8582
02-20-2007, 01:57 PM

Koren gets 90 more.

Can this increase his suspension??

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 02:10 PM

Koren gets 90 more.

Can this increase his suspension??

no, the NFL side is taken care of it's the legal stuff that can change and it has

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-20-2007, 02:30 PM
well i think i found someone we should take a look-see at. based off of the video it seems like he has good vision and is going to be a late round pick because he didnt participate in football this year because of some legal troubles (marijuana and firearms possession). Ramonce Taylor, just someone to keep an eye on i geuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOXvVKTzKsI

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 02:33 PM
well i think i found someone we should take a look-see at. based off of the video it seems like he has good vision and is going to be a late round pick because he didnt participate in football this year because of some legal troubles (marijuana and firearms possession). Ramonce Taylor, just someone to keep an eye on i geuss.

Always a good choice to to take someone who loves marijuana and has weapons. Good role model for kids and provides assurance that he'll be their every Sunday

TitleTown088
02-20-2007, 02:36 PM
No more slow starts?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=567476

ds8582
02-20-2007, 02:40 PM
He looks really good. Seems to play fast and like you said has good vision. def. might be a steal.

GB12
02-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Whoever said that we should go 3-4 is rediculous. It would be a complete overhaul to change, and our 4-3 is starting to look good. We'd have to change most of our front 7 and then still a safety.

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Whoever said that we should go 3-4 is rediculous. It would be a complete overhaul to change, and our 4-3 is starting to look good. We'd have to change most of our front 7 and then still a safety.

3-4 is absolutely absurd; yeah you build with certain personnel to set a defense like that and the Packers are built for a 3-4 and it would take some years to get to 3-4

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 03:34 PM
FANTASY

What's our view on our 2nd round pick???

1. Greg Olsen
2. Zach Miller
3. ?????

and anyone following #3????

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-20-2007, 03:39 PM

Always a good choice to to take someone who loves marijuana and has weapons. Good role model for kids and provides assurance that he'll be their every Sundaywell if it makes you feel better the weed wasnt his.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2444916

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 03:40 PM

Always a good choice to to take someone who loves marijuana and has weapons. Good role model for kids and provides assurance that he'll be their every Sundaywell if it makes you feel better the weed wasnt his.

None of that crack was Michael Irvin's either but it was his brother or cousin's

sik wit it
02-20-2007, 03:56 PM

None of that crack was Michael Irvin's either but it was his brother or cousin's
as long as someone doesn't get caught, i could care less about off field activities.

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 03:59 PM

as long as someone doesn't get caught, i could care less about off field activities.

True, if your a good teammate and people don't learn about your personal life, you are good to go, but when you're like this prospect or Irvin, you have problems and you're hurting the team

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 04:08 PM
GB12, nice job with ticker not they just have to finish the deal! :)

jackalope
02-20-2007, 04:22 PM
i see no point in going 3-4. the 4-3 is working fine and changing it up would just set us back.

for the most part those rumors sound good. i'd definitely like to see us extend Barnett. why was Johnson left out of our top 4 receivers? i would assume he'd be #1.

sik wit it
02-20-2007, 04:30 PM
i see no point in going 3-4. the 4-3 is working fine and changing it up would just set us back.

for the most part those rumors sound good. i'd definitely like to see us extend Barnett. why was Johnson left out of our top 4 receivers? i would assume he'd be #1.
unless we plan on trading for the #1 pick, there is no reason to have him on the top 4.

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 04:45 PM

unless we plan on trading for the #1 pick, there is no reason to have him on the top 4.

it's more of a realistic approach more than anything

The Legend
02-20-2007, 05:06 PM

Kampman is 280

Castillo is 290

The Legend
02-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Second 90-day sentence for Packers' Robinson

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/10009899

so he should be back in june

ny10804
02-20-2007, 05:37 PM

Kampman is 280

Castillo is 290

Please, Kampman is down to, I'd say, 270, maybe even 265. He leaned up this offseason, and he's well below his playing weight. As for Castillo, I can't really say, but my guess is he's above that mark.

GadoR'Savior
02-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Okay I've been think about this and this is my newest mock draft for the Packers:

1) Trade down grab SS Michael Griffin
2) WR Sidney Rice or Robert Mechem if eighter are there
2) Recieved in the trade DT Demarcus Tyler
3) RB Darius Walker think he will be a very good running back and has nice size and speed.
4) TE Ben Patrick= steel
5) DE Baraka Atkins
6)WR Matt Trannon (Freakishly athletic and 6'6 235)
7) OT Julius Wilson

Thoughts

The Legend
02-20-2007, 05:41 PM

Kampman is 280

Castillo is 290

Please, Kampman is down to, I'd say, 270, maybe even 265. He leaned up this offseason, and he's well below his playing weight. As for Castillo, I can't really say, but my guess is he's above that mark.

nfl.com has him at 278

ny10804
02-20-2007, 05:44 PM

Kampman is 280

Castillo is 290

nfl.com has him at 278

Yea, and they've probably had him at 278 for the past three years.

ny10804
02-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Packers.com, which does the measurements every year, lists him at 270 even: link (http://www.packers.com/team/players/kampman_aaron/)

2004:
http://i.packers.com/pg/kampman_aaron/photo4.jpg

2005:
http://i.packers.com/pg/kampman_aaron_2005/photo9.jpg

2006:
http://i.packers.com/pg/kampman_aaron_2006/photo4.jpg

My point is, Aaron Kampman of today would be nowhere near as valuable in a 3-4 as he is in a 4-3.

GB12
02-20-2007, 05:53 PM
In fantasy, the moss trade is approved now.

The Legend
02-20-2007, 05:55 PM

so we are getting moss?

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 05:57 PM

so we are getting moss?

not in real life

The Legend
02-20-2007, 05:58 PM

so we are getting moss?

not in real life

i know

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 06:51 PM

so we are getting moss?

not in real life

i know

For 3rd rounder and Ruvell Martin

The Legend
02-20-2007, 06:54 PM

so we are getting moss?

not in real life

i know

man i wanted to give Fergy over Martin

Jim Jim
02-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Randy Moss, in fantasy, is a good addition.

PackerFan20
02-20-2007, 07:23 PM

so we are getting moss?

not in real life

i know

Same here, who did yall resign?

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 07:44 PM

so we are getting moss?

not in real life

i know

Ahman and Tracy White

Jim Jim
02-20-2007, 08:01 PM

so we are getting moss?

not in real life

i know

Ahman and Tracy White

See how realistic it was, given our cap?

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 08:07 PM

so we are getting moss?

not in real life

i know

Ahman and Tracy White

See how realistic it was, given our cap?

what, our inability to get FAs????

PackerFan20
02-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Im about to get to pick on the "Draft Game" and dont know who to take, I got a starting RB through trade, both top S are taken and now I dont know who to take, I dont really wanna take Lynch cuz I just got a starter.

someone447
02-20-2007, 08:31 PM
I don't know how we wouldnt get a TE. What TE wouldn't want to play with Favre? I don't think there has been a QB in league history who uses his TEs more.

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Im about to get to pick on the "Draft Game" and dont know who to take, I got a starting RB through trade, both top S are taken and now I dont know who to take, I dont really wanna take Lynch cuz I just got a starter.

Dwayne Jarrett

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't know how we wouldnt get a TE. What TE wouldn't want to play with Favre? I don't think there has been a QB in league history who uses his TEs more.

are you talking about fantasy? If so, yeah, I know it's a bunch of BS

PackerFan20
02-20-2007, 08:35 PM

Dwayne Jarrett
Alright thats definitly something to think about, WR didnt cross my mind, but Driver is getting up there a bit.

princefielder28
02-20-2007, 08:46 PM

Dwayne Jarrett
Alright thats definitly something to think about, WR didnt cross my mind, but Driver is getting up there a bit.

Hope I helped :)

TitleTown088
02-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Second 90-day sentence for Packers' Robinson

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/10009899

so he should be back in june already posted er. :wink:

TitleTown088
02-21-2007, 10:02 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=568494 Green to explore Free agency? I hope TT looks to resign him.

Nitschke-Hawk
02-21-2007, 10:51 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/brandonmeriweather.html

Currently Scott has us taking Brandon Meriweather in the 2nd round. I'm definitely familiar with him but of course it's hard to get an opinion on safeties but I really like the positives Scott says about him, says he excels in coverage, etc. He has everything we need at safety. I don't think TT would pick him though. Would make for a very athletic combo with Nick Collins.

Pack_Attack_4
02-21-2007, 10:57 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=568494 Green to explore Free agency? I hope TT looks to resign him.

I hope we sighn green too, i think he has 2 more good years left in him.

someone447
02-21-2007, 11:02 AM

Currently Scott has us taking Brandon Meriweather in the 2nd round. I'm definitely familiar with him but of course it's hard to get an opinion on safeties but I really like the positives Scott says about him, says he excels in coverage, etc. He has everything we need at safety. I don't think TT would pick him though. Would make for a very athletic combo with Nick Collins.

The whole "Packer People" is overrated. He will get whoever gives us the most help, regardless of character(at least to an extent, someone that has had multiple serious run ins with the law might be an exception.)

sik wit it
02-21-2007, 11:57 AM

The whole "Packer People" is overrated. He will get whoever gives us the most help, regardless of character(at least to an extent, someone that has had multiple serious run ins with the law might be an exception.)
yeah he's still in college, give him a break. Plus if he comes to lil ole Green Bay there won't be as many distractions as the big city. I think we take the chance because he could do wonders with Collins.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-21-2007, 01:10 PM

yeah he's still in college, give him a break. Plus if he comes to lil ole Green Bay there won't be as many distractions as the big city. I think we take the chance because he could do wonders with Collins.
exactly why i want ramonce taylor late

Favre4
02-21-2007, 01:46 PM
merriweather would be great. he could play any of the secondary positions. as long as we can stop him from being a thug, he would fit perfectly. im a huge miami fan and have watched him play for 3 years. he a great athlete and loves contact.

princefielder28
02-21-2007, 02:07 PM

I hope we sighn green too, i think he has 2 more good years left in him.

It makes no difference to me, if we bring him back great and if we pick up a young back great as well

princefielder28
02-21-2007, 02:08 PM

Merriweather only hit someone with a helmet he didn't have marijuana. BIG difference

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-21-2007, 02:42 PM

Merriweather only hit someone with a helmet he didn't have marijuana. BIG differenceim sure you didnt read the article. he was with around 5 other people and any of them could have easily stashed it in his bag. the gun however was his, im pretty sure merriweather was the kid who shot at someone who was doing a drive by that hit his teammate

Favre4
02-21-2007, 02:43 PM
i guarantee that merriweather will be in the running for DROY if he is given the opportunity to start.

Favre4
02-21-2007, 03:08 PM
so can anyone tell my why we arent being a little more aggressive in free agency, since we have 25-30 mill in free cap space. once favre retires, we will have nearly 40 million.

GB12
02-21-2007, 03:13 PM
so can anyone tell my why we arent being a little more aggressive in free agency, since we have 25-30 mill in free cap space. once favre retires, we will have nearly 40 million.

It hasn't started yet...

TitleTown088
02-21-2007, 03:22 PM

Merriweather only hit someone with a helmet he didn't have marijuana. BIG differenceim sure you didnt read the article. he was with around 5 other people and any of them could have easily stashed it in his bag. the gun however was his, im pretty sure merriweather was the kid who shot at someone who was doing a drive by that hit his teammate

Guilt by association either way.

ny10804
02-21-2007, 03:25 PM

I'm a little confused, are you talking about this year or next year? Or the fantasy thing?

someone447
02-21-2007, 04:55 PM

Merriweather only hit someone with a helmet he didn't have marijuana. BIG difference

Assault or possession? Only one of those should be illegal in the first place. Can you guess which one? I don't remember when the article was, but in SI a few years ago they were talking about the combine and drug testing. They said the scouts ask the players if they smoke, and if they say no they are really skeptical of the rest of their answers. The question they put more weight on is, "Can you stop?" It is ridiculous that it is an illegal drug anyway, but i digress.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-21-2007, 05:26 PM

Assault or possession? Only one of those should be illegal in the first place. Can you guess which one? I don't remember when the article was, but in SI a few years ago they were talking about the combine and drug testing. They said the scouts ask the players if they smoke, and if they say no they are really skeptical of the rest of their answers. The question they put more weight on is, "Can you stop?" It is ridiculous that it is an illegal drug anyway, but i digress.well it was only on possession he supposedly threatened that he would return with a weapon but was found with around 5 pounds of weed a .40 caliber bullet as well as 3 or 4 other people who wouldnt own up to either of those belonging to them

PackerFan20
02-21-2007, 05:27 PM

He can play in Green Bay but live in Chicago

jackalope
02-21-2007, 07:08 PM
interesting hearing that Green will likely test the market. i still think he'll end up with us.

roughrider30
02-21-2007, 07:10 PM

very true, a lot of people overlook that TT loves to draft on talent regardless of position. Meriweather is very good value in the second round

PackerFan20
02-21-2007, 07:59 PM
2) Merriweather (thogh he his a FS right?)

Woo i was right all along

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-21-2007, 08:07 PM

Woo i was right all alongwhat?

princefielder28
02-21-2007, 08:35 PM

nobody is right yet

PackerFan20
02-21-2007, 09:27 PM

nobody is right yet
It was just that at first nobody really thought of him, but no we are starting to get a few people to like him, but yeah im not "right" until a few years if we even draft him

GB12
02-22-2007, 12:03 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=569077

Ferguson in next year's plans, and Henderson wants to comeback if the teams takes him.

princefielder28
02-22-2007, 06:45 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=569077

Ferguson in next year's plans, and Henderson wants to comeback if the teams takes him.

That's alright but never really been impressed with Ferguson

jackalope
02-22-2007, 08:11 AM

nobody is right yet
It was just that at first nobody really thought of him, but no we are starting to get a few people to like him, but yeah im not "right" until a few years if we even draft himwe had had a huge debate about whether we'd want him a while ago. i don't want to get that started up again though.

ds8582
02-22-2007, 09:59 AM
I know Ramonce Taylor from UT has been thrown around this board but, what about Kenny Irons? If we don't get, Lynch in the 1st round, Irons should be there in the 2nd.

princefielder28
02-22-2007, 11:01 AM
I know Ramonce Taylor from UT has been thrown around this board but, what about Kenny Irons? If we don't get, Lynch in the 1st round, Irons should be there in the 2nd.

Irons would be a decent choice but if it comes down to RB or TE in rd 2 I want the TE

ds8582
02-22-2007, 11:04 AM

Irons would be a decent choice but if it comes down to RB or TE in rd 2 I want the TE

I guess I was assuming on either Eric Johnson or Daniel Graham. Are Olsen or Miller worth a 1st round pick?? Or maybe we would trade down??

princefielder28
02-22-2007, 11:09 AM

I guess I was assuming on either Eric Johnson or Daniel Graham. Are Olsen or Miller worth a 1st round pick?? Or maybe we would trade down??

Olsen, I'm guessing, has a better chance to rise in the draft, but there is a strong likelihhod that they could both be there in Round 2

ds8582
02-22-2007, 12:24 PM

Olsen, I'm guessing, has a better chance to rise in the draft, but there is a strong likelihhod that they could both be there in Round 2

I guess it depends on which mock you look at. They might be there.

TitleTown088
02-22-2007, 01:33 PM
In other news Favre signed on with Wrangler jeans which is pretty sweet.

someone447
02-22-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't like Ramonce Taylor, and I don't care about his off the field issues. He looked absolutely horrid in the TX vs the Nation game. He just didn't seem to play smart. He had a 15 yard loss on a run because he kept trying to run away and went back and back and back. I would much rather pick up Gary Russell in the late rounds. I think he will be the steal of the draft for a ZBS team.

ds8582
02-22-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't like Ramonce Taylor, and I don't care about his off the field issues. He looked absolutely horrid in the TX vs the Nation game. He just didn't seem to play smart. He had a 15 yard loss on a run because he kept trying to run away and went back and back and back. I would much rather pick up Gary Russell in the late rounds. I think he will be the steal of the draft for a ZBS team.

Minnesota def has a good recent track record with RBs. Where is Russell projected??

princefielder28
02-22-2007, 03:23 PM

Minnesota def has a good recent track record with RBs. Where is Russell projected??

I would think 4th/5th round

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-22-2007, 03:26 PM

nobody is right yet
It was just that at first nobody really thought of him, but no we are starting to get a few people to like him, but yeah im not "right" until a few years if we even draft himhate to burst your bubble but you arent the first to think about him its been discussed before. i know i have anyway.

i havent seen any tape of russell but what ive seen of taylor it seems that he has good vision but it is a highlight tape afterall. ill take either one in the drafth though

PackerFan20
02-22-2007, 04:19 PM
When was the TX v Nation game?

someone447
02-22-2007, 04:30 PM
It was a few weeks ago. It was held in the Sun Bowl. There were only a couple of guys that really stood out to me, a receiver from Miami, Daniel Robinson(a receiver from UTEP), and Taureen Charles a LB from Bethune Cookman.

Jim Jim
02-22-2007, 04:54 PM
It was a few weeks ago. It was held in the Sun Bowl. There were only a couple of guys that really stood out to me, a receiver from Miami, Daniel Robinson(a receiver from UTEP), and Taureen Charles a LB from Bethune Cookman.

Taurean Charles is going to be a sleeper, he's a beast.

someone447
02-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Ya, he was easily the best player on the field for that game.

princefielder28
02-22-2007, 05:32 PM

Taurean Charles is going to be a sleeper, he's a beast.

The Packers don't mind solid defensive players from Bethune Cookman.....#36 :D

princefielder28
02-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Do you guys think the Packers will resign Ahman before Free Agency starts???

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Do you guys think the Packers will resign Ahman before Free Agency starts???i say no but i want it to happen

GB12
02-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Do you guys think the Packers will resign Ahman before Free Agency starts???

I think he'll test the market, but we'll resign him.

Jim Jim
02-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Let's prepare our big boards, and then compare them tomorrow morning so we can get our draft prep.

GB12
02-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Let's prepare our big boards, and then compare them tomorrow morning so we can get our draft prep.

I don't know if you heard, but we don't seem to be doing the LJ trade. We are looking at Tatum Bell though. Do you have AIM?

Jim Jim
02-22-2007, 08:02 PM

I don't know if you heard, but we don't seem to be doing the LJ trade. We are looking at Tatum Bell though. Do you have AIM?

I've been following the draft the whole time, I knew that trade wouldn't go through because it lacked realism, so I didn't feel the need to comment on it.

GB12
02-22-2007, 08:05 PM

I've been following the draft the whole time, I knew that trade wouldn't go through because it lacked realism, so I didn't feel the need to comment on it.

It wasn't that, we could make it happen, but we talked it over and thought it would be better to go after Bell. So is that a no to AIM? I feel like you are kind of being left out because of it.

princefielder28
02-22-2007, 09:40 PM
DRAFT BIG BOARD

Round 1
1. Amobi Okoye
2. LaRon Landry
3. Dwayne Jarrett
4. Lawrence Timmons
5. Adam Carriker
6. Leon Hall
7. Reggie Nelson
8. Marshawn Lynch

Round 2
1. Greg Olsen
2. Zach Miller
3. Eric Weddle

GB12
02-22-2007, 10:24 PM
The Tatum Bell trade is agreed on pending Ward's approval. We get Bell for our 4th and Dendy.

someone447
02-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Obviously I would prefer to trade down.

Round 1
1a. Amobi Okoye
1b. LaRon Landry
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Leon Hall
6. Reggie Nelson

Round 2
1. Greg Olsen
2. Brandon Merriweather
3. Zach Miller
4. Eric Weddle

My ideal draft would be to trade our 1st for either the pats 2 firsts, or someones first and early second. Then pick up DeMarcus Tyler and Michael Griffin.

ny10804
02-22-2007, 11:11 PM
What exactly are our viable trade down scenarios? Do we have a tentative agreement with the Jets or Pats?

02-23-2007, 09:03 AM

Round 1
1a. Amobi Okoye
1b. LaRon Landry
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Leon Hall
6. Reggie Nelson

Round 2
1. Greg Olsen
2. Brandon Merriweather
3. Zach Miller
4. Eric Weddle

My ideal draft would be to trade our 1st for either the pats 2 firsts, or someones first and early second. Then pick up DeMarcus Tyler and Michael Griffin.

You will not be able to trade our mid first round pick for two first rounders. I also doubt that you would be able to get a first and an early second. I think a first and a late second or early third is more realistic.

ny10804
02-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Alright guys, take this for what you will, but I just found out something very interesting about Adalius Thomas:

Asked about Thomas' chances of returning to the Ravens, his agent, Bus Cook, said, "I wouldn't think they're very good."

Bus Cook, the same agent of Brett Favre. Let's hope that helps.

Nitschke-Hawk
02-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Both are Southern Miss guys too

princefielder28
02-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Alright guys, take this for what you will, but I just found out something very interesting about Adalius Thomas:

Asked about Thomas' chances of returning to the Ravens, his agent, Bus Cook, said, "I wouldn't think they're very good."

Yeah having Southern Miss ties and the same agent :D

someone447
02-23-2007, 11:11 AM

Round 1
1a. Amobi Okoye
1b. LaRon Landry
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Leon Hall
6. Reggie Nelson

Round 2
1. Greg Olsen
2. Brandon Merriweather
3. Zach Miller
4. Eric Weddle

You will not be able to trade our mid first round pick for two first rounders. I also doubt that you would be able to get a first and an early second. I think a first and a late second or early third is more realistic.

We would obviously have to throw some more in. But in terms of the draft value chart, a late first and early second would only be 150 points apart or so. If we could make that up with a player it would be possible. To get the Pats 2 first rounders would be a little tougher, it would probably have to be something like our 1st&2nd for their 2 1st and 3rd or 4th.

If the Chiefs really want Barry, we should try to trade him for a pick. We could probably get a 3rd rounder from them.

princefielder28
02-23-2007, 11:40 AM

Round 1
1a. Amobi Okoye
1b. LaRon Landry
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Leon Hall
6. Reggie Nelson

Round 2
1. Greg Olsen
2. Brandon Merriweather
3. Zach Miller
4. Eric Weddle

We would obviously have to throw some more in. But in terms of the draft value chart, a late first and early second would only be 150 points apart or so. If we could make that up with a player it would be possible. To get the Pats 2 first rounders would be a little tougher, it would probably have to be something like our 1st&2nd for their 2 1st and 3rd or 4th.

If the Chiefs really want Barry, we should try to trade him for a pick. We could probably get a 3rd rounder from them.

That's true about Barry, good call

ds8582
02-23-2007, 11:40 AM
What kind of salary is Thomas going to command??

princefielder28
02-23-2007, 11:51 AM
What kind of salary is Thomas going to command??

I'm thinking it'll probably be about 7-8 mil a year based on what's out there; he'll get his money

RockJock07
02-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Reports say that the 49ers are interested in AT along with another team which I can't remember. I think AT would rather play with the Packers because this team is on the rise, not that the 49ers aren't, but the packers have more pieces in place to make a run.

The NFC north is in shambles, the Bears seem to be regressing instead of getting better. Lovie could very well walk after next year and if they don't give him an extension this off-season he will command way to much money next year. The Vikings could turn it around but they have no QB and their best coaches have left and the Lions are just plain awful.

The Pack will win the division next year and could probably win a game or 2 in the playoffs depending on who is in. With some smart additions and another good draft, the Packers could be very good for awhile.

On another note, If very interested to see when brett does retire (and he can take his time) If Aaron Rodgers will be the QB of the future. After this season he will have 2 years left on his contract, will he be willing to re-sign? Just something to think about after next season.

The Legend
02-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Reports say that the 49ers are interested in AT along with another team which I can't remember. I think AT would rather play with the Packers because this team is on the rise, not that the 49ers aren't, but the packers have more pieces in place to make a run.

The NFC north is in shambles, the Bears seem to be regressing instead of getting better. Lovie could very well walk after next year and if they don't give him an extension this off-season he will command way to much money next year. The Vikings could turn it around but they have no QB and their best coaches have left and the Lions are just plain awful.

The Pack will win the division next year and could probably win a game or 2 in the playoffs depending on who is in. With some smart additions and another good draft, the Packers could be very good for awhile.

On another note, If very interested to see when brett does retire (and he can take his time) If Aaron Rodgers will be the QB of the future. After this season he will have 2 years left on his contract, will he be willing to re-sign? Just something to think about after next season.

but what i am hearing is to this this
AT wants MONEY & 3-4
and here they are really big on at because to Duo him with Lawson

but will pick money over anything and everything

I'm thinking it'll probably be about 7-8 mil a year based on what's out there; he'll get his money

Woodson money is how much we wonts to get paid

ds8582
02-23-2007, 12:19 PM

AT wants MONEY & 3-4

That seems like a ton of money to sign him and then re-sign Barnett.

princefielder28
02-23-2007, 01:28 PM

AT wants MONEY & 3-4

That seems like a ton of money to sign him and then re-sign Barnett.

We will certainly see if we can sign him but it's not a top priority b/c you can always use that money to solidify other positions

TitleTown088
02-23-2007, 01:36 PM

You got a link for this at all? I'd be curious to see where it came from.

TitleTown088
02-23-2007, 01:48 PM
From Joe Arrigo..

The Packers have talked to Clark Harris, Grer Olsen, Zach Miller and another "undisclosed" player yesterday, and came away impressed with all of them.

The Cullen Jenkins talk went well yesterday. Both sides agreed that a 3 or 4 year deal would be best for both parties, now it is "just" working on the money. They will meet again today to see if anything can get done.

I was told Adalius Thomas wants a $12 million dollar signing bonus, something that the Packers, 49ers and Browns can do. Look for him to be signed quickly by one of those 3 teams.

The Packers may take a look at Ryan Sims (the former Chief 1st round pick that has been a bust so far). He has been hurt and could be had for a cheap price (for a season).

princefielder28
02-23-2007, 02:01 PM
From Joe Arrigo..

The Packers have talked to Clark Harris, Grer Olsen, Zach Miller and another "undisclosed" player yesterday, and came away impressed with all of them.

The Cullen Jenkins talk went well yesterday. Both sides agreed that a 3 or 4 year deal would be best for both parties, now it is "just" working on the money. They will meet again today to see if anything can get done.

I was told Adalius Thomas wants a $12 million dollar signing bonus, something that the Packers, 49ers and Browns can do. Look for him to be signed quickly by one of those 3 teams.

The Packers may take a look at Ryan Sims (the former Chief 1st round pick that has been a bust so far). He has been hurt and could be had for a cheap price (for a season).

All good ideas for the Packers :D

TitleTown088
02-23-2007, 02:04 PM
From Joe Arrigo..

no kidding. I am excited TT is about to seal up the Jenkins deal from the sounds of it.

princefielder28
02-23-2007, 02:18 PM
From Joe Arrigo..

no kidding. I am excited TT is about to seal up the Jenkins deal from the sounds of it.

Itotally agree with you; Cullen is a hell of a player

ny10804
02-23-2007, 02:22 PM

No, I made it all up.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens23feb23,0,4875186.story?coll=bal-sports-football

princefielder28
02-23-2007, 02:24 PM

No, I made it all up.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens23feb23,0,4875186.story?coll=bal-sports-football

of yeah people make stuff up all the time.....?

TitleTown088
02-23-2007, 02:29 PM

No, I made it all up.

I just wanted to read the article.......

anyways.. TE help high a priority? http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=569470

ny10804
02-23-2007, 02:30 PM

No, I made it all up.

I just wanted to read the article.......

anyways.. TE help high a priority? http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=569470

Last time I try to kid around...

Boston
02-23-2007, 03:49 PM
From Joe Arrigo..

A 12 million dollar signing bonus. :shock:

princefielder28
02-23-2007, 04:05 PM
From Joe Arrigo..

But he's gonna get the money b/c of all the money and a small market of FAs

TitleTown088
02-23-2007, 05:07 PM
From Joe Arrigo..

yeah, watch us sign him and then he tears a ACL.

TitleTown088
02-23-2007, 05:13 PM
"3:44 p.m. Auburn running back Kenny Irons talks almost as fast as he runs, and he was holding court with the press as he fielded questions. He was asked if Auburn would have been his destination even if his brother David wasn’t already there. “Yes, that’s where I still would have gone. They were my second choice when I chose South Carolina out of High School. I didn’t go there the first time, because they already had Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, and Brandon Jacobs on the team. I would have competed, but I think I might have gotten lost in the shuffle.”

Irons measured 5-11/203 and has received the most interest from the Green Bay Packers. He met with their staff for "20 to 25 minutes" Thursday night. Irons believes he'll run in the low 4.4s, and he'd better because he has a bet with his brother, CB David Irons"

"2:43 p.m. Green Bay Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy told the media that he expected Brett Favre to be in camp with the Packers doing full workouts. When asked about about pressing needs heading into the draft, McCarthy had a simple answer, "Improvement."

"2:07 p.m.: Cal running back Marshawn Lynch has a lot of versatility, and he’s looking forward to showing it off in the NFL. “I like lining up in the slot and set up some one on ones and get into space.” The 5-11, 215-pounder expects to run in the 4.3s after being timed at 4.36 on Feb. 7. One of his coaches, upon seeing several mock drafts with Lynch going to Green Bay, told him to ‘get your hat, your gloves and your coat because it's cold up there.’ “But that's alright with me," said Lynch. A self-proclaimed momma's boy, Lynch said: "The first thing I'm going to do when I sign my contract is buy her a house, even if it's in Green Bay."

11:20 a.m. Packers GM Ted Thompson spoke the media, and was quickly asked about RB Ahman Green. Thompson said that optimism is a "sticky phrase", but that the Packers want Green back and that Green's future with the club is up to the business side of the organization. The Packers, contended Thompson, can't act out of fear that a weak free agent class and high salary cap will lead to Green being overpaid on the free agent market.

http://nflexperts.scout.com/2/621083.html

TitleTown088
02-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Also, more on the moss trade.. http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=120204&ntpid=1

PACKmanN
02-23-2007, 05:43 PM
forget Thomas we dont need to spend much money on our d anymore. We got Underwood if Manuel fails again and we got Pop and he is doing great. We need to worry obout our ST coverage and blocking and our offense then were all set.

TitleTown088
02-23-2007, 05:47 PM
forget Thomas we dont need to spend much money on our d anymore. We got Underwood if Manuel fails again and we got Pop and he is doing great. We need to worry obout our ST coverage and blocking and our offense then were all set.

Thomas would be great. He would give the packers a formittable defensive line which we lack right now.

someone447
02-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Come on, we are catching up to the ravens, we have to overtake them!!!!!!

ny10804
02-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Alright everybody, I'm ready for the draft tomorrow (11 CT, 12 ET).

First order of business, the Kevin Barry situation, here's where I'm at with the Chiefs:

What draft pick would you be willing to give up for him?

No more than a 5th this year, although I would throw in a 4th/conditional to a 3rd for next year. If he starts every game at left tackle you'd get a 3rd, if he doesn't start or starts at a different position, just a 4th.

I'd like to get another Day 1 pick, maybe offer our third and him for their third, but we'd only be moving up 8 spots, so it might not be worth it.

Positions that need to be addressed:
RB
TE
DB

Big Board (1st round, 16th pick):
1. Amobi Okoye
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. Laron Landry
4. Ted Ginn Jr.
5. Dwayne Jarret

We should really consider a trade down in the first if and only if Okoye, Lynch, and Landry are gone.

Try to get either Olsen, Zach Miller, Michael Griffin, or Meriweather in the second.

I wouldn't mind trading down in the second to pick up another Day 1 pick, and draft Kenny Irons or Tony Hunt with one of the two picks, provided we didn't draft Lynch.

That's all I got for now.

Jim Jim
02-23-2007, 09:31 PM
My Big Board for the first pick.

First: LaRon Landry, Safety, LSU.

Second: Marshawn Lynch, RB, Calfiornia.

Third: Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh.

Fourth: Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee.

GB12
02-23-2007, 10:22 PM
I wouldn't mind trading down in the second to pick up another Day 1 pick, and draft Kenny Irons or Tony Hunt with one of the two picks, provided we didn't draft Lynch.

Green, Bell, Morency, and Hunt/Irons :?

Also we PF and I talked to KC and had a better deal on the table. We also got Houston to consider their third, we are waiting to hear back. Also Dre Bly could be had for that third, so we might go for him.

jackalope
02-23-2007, 10:33 PM
even though i'm a huge fan of taking Lynch, it really isn't necesary anymore now that we got Bell. if we can get good value in a trade down, a TE would probably be the way to go.

GB12
02-23-2007, 10:35 PM
even though i'm a huge fan of taking Lynch, it really isn't necesary anymore now that we got Bell. if we can get good value in a trade down, a TE would probably be the way to go.

Yeah, I'm going to make sure we still have those lined up. Also the Texans changed there mind and aren't going after Barry at all, so anyone know a team that might have interest.

ny10804
02-23-2007, 10:35 PM

Also we PF and I talked to KC and had a better deal on the table. We also got Houston to consider their third, we are waiting to hear back. Also Dre Bly could be had for that third, so we might go for him.

Wait, Tatum Bell? What was the trade? Houston's third for Barry? Didn't we trade our third?

I'm lost.

GB12
02-23-2007, 10:38 PM

Wait, Tatum Bell? What was the trade? Houston's third for Barry? Didn't we trade our third?

I'm lost.

1. Yes
2. we traded our 4th for Tatum Bell
3.Yes, but they decided to not go after him at all
4. Yes in the Moss trade
5. Go on AIM if possible

jackalope
02-23-2007, 10:38 PM

Yeah, I'm going to make sure we still have those lined up. Also the Texans changed there mind and aren't going after Barry at all, so anyone know a team that might have interest.i'm not sure who else would want to trade for him but if we can get a 4th from the Chiefs it's not a bad deal. we should go for that if we can't find anything better by draft time. have you talked to anyone other than those 2 teams?

GB12
02-23-2007, 10:39 PM

Yeah, I'm going to make sure we still have those lined up. Also the Texans changed there mind and aren't going after Barry at all, so anyone know a team that might have interest.i'm not sure who else would want to trade for him but if we can get a 4th from the Chiefs it's not a bad deal. we should go for that if we can't find anything better by draft time. have you talked to anyone other than those 2 teams?

Going from top 10 in the 3rd to a 20s in the fourth kind of sucks though. And I'm going to contact them now.

jackalope
02-23-2007, 10:56 PM

Going from top 10 in the 3rd to a 20s in the fourth kind of sucks though. And I'm going to contact them now.after looking i'm not even sure that KC has a 4th rounder. they gave their only one to NO.

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 12:26 AM

Thomas would be great. He would give the packers a formittable defensive line which we lack right now.

agree once agin

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 12:30 AM
I think it was funny to see through this trade process with KC how much they valued Kevin Barry and we got a pretty good deal for a man who was going to just be a backup

GB12
02-24-2007, 12:51 AM
I think it was funny to see through this trade process with KC how much they valued Kevin Barry and we got a pretty good deal for a man who was going to just be a backup

Well Houston was interested in him aswell.

For those who haven't heard:

Packers get:
Dante Hall
5th round

Chiefs get:
Kevin Barry

It still has to be approved though.

GB12
02-24-2007, 01:16 AM
Jenkins thinks he'll get a long term deal
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=569819

Robinson to return
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=569827

TitleTown088
02-24-2007, 03:02 AM
Marty to help out??
Marty Schottenheimer, who was fired last week, doesn't spend the year doing TV, McCarthy said he'd consider bringing his NFL coaching mentor in as an adviser. "I think that's something that could be visited down the road," said McCarthy, who broke into the NFL under Schottenheimer in Kansas City in 1993.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=120369&ntpid=3

I'd be all for it.

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Marty to help out??
Marty Schottenheimer, who was fired last week, doesn't spend the year doing TV, McCarthy said he'd consider bringing his NFL coaching mentor in as an adviser. "I think that's something that could be visited down the road," said McCarthy, who broke into the NFL under Schottenheimer in Kansas City in 1993.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=120369&ntpid=3

I'd be all for it.

That's not bad; as long as we don't take his advise in the playoffs

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 09:30 AM
FANTASY

Let's hope we can get a deal with the Jets if Okoye or Landry isn't ther at 16.

jackalope
02-24-2007, 10:41 AM
good Kevin Barry trade. we solved our return problem and got a draft pick for a player that was no more than a backup for us.

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Good news :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2777843

jackalope
02-24-2007, 11:50 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=569818

article on our RB situation and the possibility of Lynch.

so far the fantasy draft has gone exactly as i expected.

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 11:59 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=569818

article on our RB situation and the possibility of Lynch.

so far the fantasy draft has gone exactly as i expected.

Yeah, people are being smart about picks :)

ny10804
02-24-2007, 12:09 PM
For all the other GMs, these are some of the ideas being thrown around:

Green Bay gives: 16th overall (1000)
Patriots give: 24th overall (740) and 60th overall (300)
+40 for Green Bay

Green Bay gives: 24th overall (740) and 147th overall (32.6)
Raiders give: 33rd overall (580) and 65th overall (200)
+7.2 for Green Bay

Not sure what a possible Jets trade would be.

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 12:11 PM

+40 for Green Bay

+7.2 for Green Bay

I like the Patriots deal much more

jackalope
02-24-2007, 12:21 PM

+40 for Green Bay

+7.2 for Green Bay

Not sure what a possible Jets trade would be.the patriots deal is pretty good.

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Fantasy

What would you guys think of giving up a 5th round pick for LB Mark Simoneau???

The Legend
02-24-2007, 12:22 PM
well looks like Greg Olsen is out of our 2nd round picture he just ran a 4.4

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 12:27 PM
well looks like Greg Olsen is out of our 2nd round picture he just ran a 4.4

That's very impressive for a TE!!!! :D

Too bad the Pack won't get him :(

jackalope
02-24-2007, 12:28 PM
well looks like Greg Olsen is out of our 2nd round picture he just ran a 4.4that kinda sucks. has Zach Miler ran yet?

The Legend
02-24-2007, 12:29 PM
well looks like Greg Olsen is out of our 2nd round picture he just ran a 4.4that kinda sucks. has Zach Miler ran yet?

4.85 and 4.83 yeah thats bad

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 12:30 PM

Yeah; not quite as good as Mr. Olsen but I figured it would turn out that way anyways

jackalope
02-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Lynch is gone but that's not a big deal as we wouldn't have taken him anyways.

Minnesota got their pick in late. classic Vikes :lol:

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 12:34 PM

So true and yeah Lynch wasn't going to us b/c we got Bell :)

The Legend
02-24-2007, 12:40 PM

you guys talking fantasy or life

TitleTown088
02-24-2007, 12:43 PM

you guys talking fantasy or lifeYeah, all this fantasy stuff is really getting confusing.

GB12
02-24-2007, 12:47 PM

+40 for Green Bay

+7.2 for Green Bay

I like the Patriots deal much more

The Raiders one depends on what happens with the Pats. That was the Patriots deal we had though :?

GadoR'Savior
02-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Olson looked great today and Miller did not impress me at all. Still a fan of Ben Patrick, that D-3 guy Michael Allen look vey good 4.67 6'6 252 (i think is his weight) Hes a steal.

PackerFan20
02-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Any chance yall will trade for DeMarrio Williams?

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Any chance yall will trade for DeMarrio Williams?

We could talk to them but I think they want a Day 1 pick

jackalope
02-24-2007, 01:08 PM
are we most likely going for a trade down or should we take a safety or something else?

EDIT: Scott just took Olsen at 14 :shock: we're up after this pick.

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 01:28 PM
are we most likely going for a trade down or should we take a safety or something else?

Pray Landry is there

jackalope
02-24-2007, 01:29 PM

Pray Landry is therewell he is, we're on the clock.

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/863-1/LSU-Landry.jpg

PackerFan20
02-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Im a Nelson fan but doubt he or Collins could play SS

The Legend
02-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Some # 96 Adalius Thomas News

Bus Cook is Favre Agent and also Thomas agent

3 Teams are looking at Thomas and they are

#1 . San Francisco 49ers
(Thomas has played with Nolan)

#2 . Green Bay Packers
(Cook and Favre may be able to work him here)

#3 . New England Patriots
(Simple this team has been to the playoffs so many times it crazy)

A. Thomas is said that he is looking for something like Julian Peterson money
52 Million - 7 Years - 10 Million a year

thats sounds like alot of money

GB12
02-24-2007, 02:03 PM
I hate Nelson, I would rather have Griffin than him.

GB12
02-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Barry trade is approved.

Whistler6
02-24-2007, 02:19 PM

**** 40 times....Anquan Boldin ran a 4.73 I think it was. That dropped him to the 2nd round. I'd still take Zach Miler over Olsen anyday. All 40 times do is get you a bigger check on draft day

umphrey
02-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Anguan Boldin was hurt at the time and yes 40 times do matter, especially for the skill positions

The Legend
02-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Anguan Boldin was hurt at the time and yes 40 times do matter, especially for the skill positions

sadly

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 02:44 PM

without a doubt; Griffin has shown long term success; Nelson might be a one-year wonder

The Legend
02-24-2007, 02:46 PM

without a doubt; Griffin has shown long term success; Nelson might be a one-year wonder

same here i say if he fall to the 2nd round we give up our 4th round pick to move up and get him

Jim Jim
02-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Superb pick, Landry is the type of player we go after. Leadership, production and playmaking ability.

The Legend
02-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Superb pick, Landry is the type of player we go after. Leadership, production and playmaking ability.

one video i want to show you guys on Landry

40 YARD DASH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R211e6JdVew)

PackerFan20
02-24-2007, 04:11 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t204/Ninteysix/Landry.jpg

GB12
02-24-2007, 04:12 PM

:| Think about that for a second.

The Legend
02-24-2007, 04:14 PM

:| Think about that for a second.

i think 20 is better

The Legend
02-24-2007, 04:25 PM
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/djindjo/Packers-User-Bar-plain.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/djindjo/014LaRon-Landry-User-Bar.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/djindjo/Marcus-mccauley-user-bar.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/djindjo/20.jpg
Laron Landry Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvKaO78Ov2I)

ny10804
02-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Here's the big board myself and GB came up with for the second round:

1. Zach Miller, TE
- immediate starter; can catch and block

2. Marcus McCauley, CB
- nickel back who will eventually succeed either Woodson or Harris

3. Joe Staley, OT
- perfect size, quickness, and speed for the ZBS; will eventually play at one of the tackle spots

4. Brian Leonard, FB
- prototype FB for the ZBS; would be a superb weapon in the passing game; would establish the L3: Lambeau Leonard Leap

The Legend
02-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Here's the big board myself and GB came up with for the second round:

1. Zach Miller, TE
- immediate starter; can catch and block

2. Marcus McCauley, CB
- nickel back who will eventually succeed either Woodson or Harris

3. Joe Staley, OT
- perfect size, quickness, and speed for the ZBS; will eventually play at one of the tackle spots

4. Brian Leonard, FB
- prototype FB for the ZBS; would be a superb weapon in the passing game; would establish the L3: Lambeau Leonard Leap

jackalope
02-24-2007, 05:18 PM
i'm really hoping Miller drops to us in the 2nd.

Boston
02-24-2007, 05:22 PM

He probably will now.

The Legend
02-24-2007, 05:25 PM

He probably will now.

didnt Bubba run a 4.88?

jackalope
02-24-2007, 05:57 PM
FANTASY

what ever came of the Moss trade? i had been under the impression we gave up Martin and a 3rd but according to the draft order we still have our 3rd. did i miss something?

PACKmanN
02-24-2007, 05:58 PM
What do u guys think about moving Underwood to CB if we do draft Landry? he does have the speed.

umphrey
02-24-2007, 05:58 PM
What are the chances GB gets Olsen in the first? It is a small reach, but he seems like the kind of player the Packers would draft and fills one of our biggest needs.

jackalope
02-24-2007, 06:02 PM
What are the chances GB gets Olsen in the first? It is a small reach, but he seems like the kind of player the Packers would draft and fills one of our biggest needs.his stock has definitely jumped a lot. it's a possibility now but i don't think it's that great of value.

RockJock07
02-24-2007, 06:20 PM
I can't find anything about the Barry trade, where did you hear Barry for hall and a 5th?

TitleTown088
02-24-2007, 06:26 PM
I can't find anything about the Barry trade, where did you hear Barry for hall and a 5th?

It's fantasy crap.

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 06:28 PM
FANTASY

what ever came of the Moss trade? i had been under the impression we gave up Martin and a 3rd but according to the draft order we still have our 3rd. did i miss something?

It was passed

TitleTown088
02-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Favre to have surgery monday. http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070224/PKR01/70224068/1989

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 06:36 PM
FANTASY

I would prefer to draft McCauley over Miller b/c the Packers desperately need corner depth and for what it's worth we already lost Dendy. Miller is a good tight end but I think he's a bit overrated and it's not a bigger need than corner

Also there's plenty of good passing catching TE's that will be around on Day 2

jackalope
02-24-2007, 06:38 PM
FANTASY

I would prefer to draft McCauley over Miller b/c the Packers desperately need corner depth and for what it's worth we already lost Dendy. Miller is a good tight end but I think he's a bit overrated and it's not a bigger need than corner

Also there's plenty of good passing catching TE's that will be around on Day 2CB is a bigger need than TE?

it looks like as long as the Bills don't take Miller he'll be there for us.

ny10804
02-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Yea, the Steelers are on the clock, and we pick after them.

Here's what's left of the big board me and GB12 made:

1. Zach Miller
2. Marcus McCauley
3. Brian Leonard

Besides PF28, anyone disagree with Zach Miller being picked?

jackalope
02-24-2007, 06:50 PM

1. Zach Miller
2. Marcus McCauley
3. Brian Leonard

Besides PF28, anyone disagree with Zach Miller being picked?I want Miller.

EDIT: is someone posting it?

ny10804
02-24-2007, 06:58 PM

1. Zach Miller
2. Marcus McCauley
3. Brian Leonard

Besides PF28, anyone disagree with Zach Miller being picked?I want Miller.

So do I, so does GB12. I'll give PF a couple more minutes, but even then I'd want to pick Miller.

ny10804
02-24-2007, 07:07 PM
FANTASY

Alright, I think we've done a great job so far. We've acquired:

Randy Moss, WR
Tatum Bell, RB
Dante Hall, KR
Laron Landry, S
Zach Miller, TE

We've pretty much covered all of our major needs. Job well done in my opinion.

As of right now, we have two 5ths, a 6th, and two 7ths remaining.

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 07:10 PM
FANTASY

Randy Moss, WR
Tatum Bell, RB
Dante Hall, KR
Laron Landry, S
Zach Miller, TE

We need backup LBs, CBs, and OL

ny10804
02-24-2007, 07:15 PM
FANTASY

Randy Moss, WR
Tatum Bell, RB
Dante Hall, KR
Laron Landry, S
Zach Miller, TE

I'm targeting Rory Johnson (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/roryjohnson.html) in the 5th, and may want to trade up to get him. He's got good size and incredible speed, and came out as a junior. Could be a diamond in the rough.

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 07:26 PM
FANTASY

Randy Moss, WR
Tatum Bell, RB
Dante Hall, KR
Laron Landry, S
Zach Miller, TE

I'm targeting Rory Johnson (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/roryjohnson.html) in the 5th, and may want to trade up to get him. He's got good size and incredible speed, and came out as a junior. Could be a diamond in the rough.

alright; any other diamonds???

PackerFan20
02-24-2007, 07:28 PM
FANTASY

Randy Moss, WR
Tatum Bell, RB
Dante Hall, KR
Laron Landry, S
Zach Miller, TE

Josh Wilson, if he makes it to the 4th. I realize yall got Dante Hall, but he is getting older

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 07:34 PM
FANTASY

Randy Moss, WR
Tatum Bell, RB
Dante Hall, KR
Laron Landry, S
Zach Miller, TE

Josh Wilson, if he makes it to the 4th. I realize yall got Dante Hall, but he is getting older

He's 28 going on 29; he's got enough years left in him

ny10804
02-24-2007, 07:36 PM
First of all, Josh Wilson is a CB. Dante Hall is a KR/WR.

jdcozart
02-24-2007, 07:45 PM
For all you guys that want us to draft Marshawn Lynch, he benched 225 20 times. I was a little disappointed especially after after Lorenzo Booker did 26 and Garrett Wolfe followed it up with 22. Anyone's feelins change about him after that or does it have no effect on your lust for him at 16? Opinions?

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 08:05 PM
For all you guys that want us to draft Marshawn Lynch, he benched 225 20 times. I was a little disappointed especially after after Lorenzo Booker did 26 and Garrett Wolfe followed it up with 22. Anyone's feelins change about him after that or does it have no effect on your lust for him at 16? Opinions?

Can you do it 20 times??? That's still quite a few

Nitschke-Hawk
02-24-2007, 08:26 PM

Wolfe and Booker have shorter arms than him, and are short players, guys with shorter arms are known to do more. 20 is just fine for Lynch, he'll still run you over. He also has the build of a franchise back, those guys don't.

The Legend
02-24-2007, 08:34 PM
i like Booker better

jdcozart
02-24-2007, 08:39 PM

I can't even come close to doing it 20 times. I was just wondering if it changed everyone's opinion. I guess I am just tired of seeing us take the same player in ever mock.

jdcozart
02-24-2007, 08:40 PM
How do I highlight what you guys are saying like you are highlighting mine and reply to your specific post?