PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

The Legend
02-24-2007, 08:48 PM
How do I highlight what you guys are saying like you are highlighting mine and reply to your specific post?
you mean bold high word and then click b

jdcozart
02-24-2007, 08:51 PM
How do I do what you just did? When you highlighted what I said.

jackalope
02-24-2007, 08:57 PM
For all you guys that want us to draft Marshawn Lynch, he benched 225 20 times. I was a little disappointed especially after after Lorenzo Booker did 26 and Garrett Wolfe followed it up with 22. Anyone's feelins change about him after that or does it have no effect on your lust for him at 16? Opinions?well as a zoneblocking running back you are often required to go and lift 225 pounds during the middle of the game so obviously Lynch doesn't fit our scheme.

to quote someone press the quote button on the post you would like to quote.

jdcozart
02-24-2007, 09:05 PM
For all you guys that want us to draft Marshawn Lynch, he benched 225 20 times. I was a little disappointed especially after after Lorenzo Booker did 26 and Garrett Wolfe followed it up with 22. Anyone's feelins change about him after that or does it have no effect on your lust for him at 16? Opinions?well as a zoneblocking running back you are often required to go and lift 225 pounds during the middle of the game so obviously Lynch doesn't fit our scheme.

I am and it isnt working. And I know he won't have to do a bench press in the middle of the game. You don't have to try to make me look stupid. I was just asking people if it changed their opinion because I would like to see us go in a different direction.

jackalope
02-24-2007, 09:09 PM

I am and it isnt working. And I know he won't have to do a bench press in the middle of the game. You don't have to try to make me look stupid. I was just asking people if it changed their opinion because I would like to see us go in a different direction.i was only saying that it would be dumb to not want a RB because he can't bench press a ton. bench pressing is irrelevant to playing the position of RB.

jdcozart
02-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Point taken. Did you notice that I couldn't highlight your quote though. Am I still doing something wrong?

The Legend
02-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Point taken. Did you notice that I couldn't highlight your quote though. Am I still doing something wrong?

after some messages it write quote at the top corner of there post

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 09:15 PM

I am and it isnt working. And I know he won't have to do a bench press in the middle of the game. You don't have to try to make me look stupid. I was just asking people if it changed their opinion because I would like to see us go in a different direction.i was only saying that it would be dumb to not want a RB because he can't bench press a ton. bench pressing is irrelevant to playing the position of RB.

you need to be able to block

The Legend
02-24-2007, 09:16 PM

you need to be able to block

true but i matter i want my running back to do 20 i dont expect him to like 30 reps

jackalope
02-24-2007, 09:18 PM

you need to be able to blocki suppose in blocking it is important to be strong but still, the bench isn't a very great representation of how you'll block. it's not like 20 is nothing either. if he had gotten 10 or something of that sort i would be worried.

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 09:20 PM

you need to be able to blocki suppose in blocking it is important to be strong but still, the bench isn't a very great representation of how you'll block. it's not like 20 is nothing either. if he had gotten 10 or something of that sort i would be worried.

]yeah I agree with that too and blocking is alot about heart too. If you want to get in someone's way you're gonna do it as a running back

ny10804
02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
FANTASY

PF28 brought this deal to me, we agreed it was good, and I submitted the offer:

Green Bay gives:
Colin Cole (and 64 total points)

Atlanta gives:
Demorrio Williams (and 60 total points)

Williams, a former 4th round pick, gives us very good LB depth. The trade moves us into the 4th round where we can hopefully pick up Josh Wilson, CB from Maryland.

PackerFan20
02-24-2007, 10:49 PM
FANTASY

Alright, I think we've done a great job so far. We've acquired:

Randy Moss, WR
Tatum Bell, RB
Dante Hall, KR
Laron Landry, S
Zach Miller, TE

We've pretty much covered all of our major needs. Job well done in my opinion.

As of right now, we have two 5ths, a 6th, and two 7ths remaining.

We need backup LBs, CBs, and OL

I'm targeting Rory Johnson (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/roryjohnson.html) in the 5th, and may want to trade up to get him. He's got good size and incredible speed, and came out as a junior. Could be a diamond in the rough.

alright; any other diamonds???
Josh Wilson, if he makes it to the 4th. I realize yall got Dante Hall, but he is getting older

He's 28 going on 29; he's got enough years left in him
Yeah but he hasnt showed the same talent the last couple of years.

PackerFan20
02-24-2007, 10:50 PM
First of all, Josh Wilson is a CB. Dante Hall is a KR/WR.
Wilson runs a 4.3

ny10804
02-24-2007, 10:55 PM
IIRC, Daryn Collegde only did 21 reps of 225, Lynch doing 20 is a plus for me.

I read on another forum that Cullen Jenkins has been offered a 4-year, 16 million dollar contract, with 7 million guaranteed, no link though.

I like that deal and I hope he takes it.

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Fantasy

When is the deal with Atlanta getting processed???

ny10804
02-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Fantasy

Probably tomorrow, although njx said this earlier:

Just waiting for the Packers/Falcons trade to be approved... It was:

Green Bay Packers receive:
147, 150, and Demorrio Williams

Atlanta Falcons receive:
117 and Colin Cole

Is there anyway I can find out if it was approved or rejected?

it'll be posted. i'm not doing anything else that isn't pressing tonight.

http://www.airmassive.com/treo/archives/borat_still.jpg

Chenquieh.

princefielder28
02-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Fantasy

Probably tomorrow, although njx said this earlier:

Just waiting for the Packers/Falcons trade to be approved... It was:

Green Bay Packers receive:
147, 150, and Demorrio Williams

Atlanta Falcons receive:
117 and Colin Cole

Is there anyway I can find out if it was approved or rejected?

it'll be posted. i'm not doing anything else that isn't pressing tonight.

http://www.airmassive.com/treo/archives/borat_still.jpg

Chenquieh.

That's alright then :)

PACKmanN
02-25-2007, 02:19 AM
I say forget Lynch lets go get Olsen in the frist and take Gary Russell with our 4th, resign Green and we have a good runing game.

edit- what do u guys think of my 5 round mock, below?

PACKmanN
02-25-2007, 02:41 AM
why dont we just sign Green to a one year deal and draft Russell then next year take Mike Hart of McFadden?

princefielder28
02-25-2007, 09:16 AM
why dont we just sign Green to a one year deal and draft Russell then next year take Mike Hart of McFadden?

Ahman doesn't just want a one year deal so if the Packers re-sign him it'll be for two or three years

jackalope
02-25-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm alright with the Atlanta trade. I'd like to go corner in the 4th.

eagleseye
02-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Since the Moss rumors have cooled down, does anybody think TT would ship out a 2nd rounder for D-Jax?

Seahawks hope to trade Darrell Jackson
Posted by Mike Sando @ 05:11:09 am
What might receiver Darrell Jackson return in a trade? The Seahawks plan to find out. This news doesn't come as a big surprise to those who have followed the team closely in recent seasons. The Seahawks' decision to shop Jackson stems from a long-simmering contract dispute and lingering distrust over the handling of a 2005 knee injury, sources have said. While the organization does not consider the relationship beyond repair, leaving open the possibility that Jackson could return, the team would prefer to trade him for a draft choice (audio analysis here).

Seahawks president Tim Ruskell and coach Mike Holmgren, speaking at the NFL scouting combine, declined to comment on the team's plans for Jackson, other than to say he remains under contract. The team has not yet shopped Jackson or informed his agents of their plans. "Darrell would love to retire as a Seahawk," agent Brian Mooney said, "but we are unsure what the Seahawks have in mind."

It remains unclear what the 28-year-old receiver might command in a trade. There was no strong consensus among general managers polled anonymously at the combine. But given Jackson's relatively high salary for 2007 ($3.25 million) and recent injury problems, the Seahawks might not receive a first-day pick in return, they said.

The evidence is mixed. While the Seahawks sent a first-round choice to New England for receiver Deion Branch, a former Super Bowl MVP without a 1,000-yard season, Philadelphia acquired former first-round choice Donte Stallworth from New Orleans for a conditional fourth-round pick and linebacker Mark Simoneau. Green Bay traded Javon Walker to Denver for a second-round pick. Denver acquired a much higher first-round pick in exchange for Ashley Lelie. Jackson has considerably better career numbers than any of those receivers. He is also under contract, whereas Walker was looking for a lucrative new deal.

Memorex
02-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Go after McGahee, and then draft Olson, and then give up the 3rd and say Franks or Fergusin for Moss, that would be my ideal offseason.

princefielder28
02-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Go after McGahee, and then draft Olson, and then give up the 3rd and say Franks or Fergusin for Moss, that would be my ideal offseason.

That's too much!!!

roidrunner
02-25-2007, 12:37 PM
why not michael bush?? just an idea. i mean he is off alot of peoples radar, and it is a risk. but just throwing the idea out there. then we can take a TE round 1

PACKmanN
02-25-2007, 06:38 PM
why not michael bush?? just an idea. i mean he is off alot of peoples radar, and it is a risk. but just throwing the idea out there. then we can take a TE round 1

because most likely he will be taken in the 2nd by the raiders or ravens.

NFLDN
02-25-2007, 06:40 PM
I too like bush , if he's still around in the second, I'd rather go defence in the first however. TE in the third or if we trade down in first.

The Legend
02-25-2007, 06:44 PM
somethings i learn'd for the combine

Ahman Green and Cullen Jenkins getting resign (Mr Ted Said)

also Randy Moss is out the picture (said that he likes his new coach)

lynch ran a 4.46

Meriweather is only 5'10 195lbs and they think hes the number 2 safety in the country

jackalope
02-25-2007, 06:46 PM
what about Michael Allen, the TE from Whitworth? he's got good size and speed. 4.7 40 time and 6 foot 7

can't stand the new skin

PACKmanN
02-25-2007, 06:54 PM
what do u guys think about this mock,

PACKERS MOCK
1. Greg Olsen, TE Miami- adds a deep threat and speed to run in the middle which will beat the cover 2 anytime which all the other teams run in our divison.
2. Aaron Rouse, SS Virginia Tech- A hard hitting safety that can hit u, which it takes care of the needs.
3. Marcus Thomas, DT Florida- Could be a threat in the middle with his speed or if Jenkins isnt signed we can move him to the outside.
4. Gary Russell RB, Minnesota- If he stayed in Minnesota he could have been the 3rd RB taken.
5. Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane- The next TO mark my word. He also can be a KR and adds a need that we needed ever seen Walker left he can jump for the ball.
6. Ryne Robinson WR/KR, Miami OH- Could be a deep threat with his speed and also a KR.
7. Ed McCarthy OT, Yale- project player to take over Clifton.

I have a question, what do you guys think about trying Driver as a KR?, think about it he gets so much yards after he catches the ball and also great vision.

roughrider30
02-25-2007, 07:27 PM
what do u guys think about this mock,

PACKERS MOCK
1. Greg Olsen, TE Miami- adds a deep threat and speed to run in the middle which will beat the cover 2 anytime which all the other teams run in our divison.
2. Aaron Rouse, SS Virginia Tech- A hard hitting safety that can hit u, which it takes care of the needs.
3. Marcus Thomas, DT Florida- Could be a threat in the middle with his speed or if Jenkins isnt signed we can move him to the outside.
4. Gary Russell RB, Minnesota- If he stayed in Minnesota he could have been the 3rd RB taken.
5. Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane- The next TO mark my word. He also can be a KR and adds a need that we needed ever seen Walker left he can jump for the ball.
6. Ryne Robinson WR/KR, Miami OH- Could be a deep threat with his speed and also a KR.
7. Ed McCarthy OT, Yale- project player to take over Clifton.

I have a question, what do you guys think about trying Driver as a KR?, think about it he gets so much yards after he catches the ball and also great vision.

I still dont like the idea of Olsen in mid round 1. If we were going to take him id like to see us trade down.

Putting Driver at KR would be a bad idea. He has to do enough on the offense as it is. Putting him on KR could end up wearing him down at the end of the year and bringing down his production.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-25-2007, 07:31 PM
i hope we dont take a te round 1.

just read a good article on ramonce taylor. he is the guy i thought he is and i would like to see us take him at some point in the draft

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/nflcombineprofile.php?pyid=33738

PACKmanN
02-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Olsen just ran a 4.4 what do u mean he not worth the 16 pick, maybe a trade down and take him for sure, all i hope is that TT takes him, BTW we have the Jets 7th round pick.

princefielder28
02-25-2007, 07:35 PM

I don't know if he's quick enough to hit a hole and pick up 4, 5 yard chunks at a time

jackalope
02-25-2007, 07:37 PM
we have the Jets 7th round pick.why????????

GB12
02-25-2007, 07:40 PM
why????????

Steve Morely trade.

jackalope
02-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Steve Morely trade.i completely forgot about that.

Boston
02-25-2007, 07:58 PM
I hate this quoting crap. It's so confusing now.

I don't even know if i did that/those, i don't even know, smilies right.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Olsen just ran a 4.4 what do u mean he not worth the 16 pick, maybe a trade down and take him for sure, all i hope is that TT takes him, BTW we have the Jets 7th round pick.
so because he ran a 4.4 he is all of a sudden a first rounder? the 40 time is so overrated. vernon davis ran what? something in the high 4.3's and he is much slower game speed. its practically artificial because you can do things to lower your time

GB12
02-25-2007, 08:16 PM
so because he ran a 4.4 he is all of a sudden a first rounder? the 40 time is so overrated. vernon davis ran what? something in the high 4.3's and he is much slower game speed. its practically artificial because you can do things to lower your time

In the Fantasy Mock Scott took him 14th overall. I can't see him going that high but he could very well sneak into the first now.

The Legend
02-25-2007, 08:19 PM

trust me VD game speed is pretty fast bro he really is that fast

The Legend
02-25-2007, 09:06 PM
new Favre sig

The Legend
02-25-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't know if he's quick enough to hit a hole and pick up 4, 5 yard chunks at a time

also i know how ya feel about your post boddy you and me started about the same time bro

4pAc
02-25-2007, 09:19 PM
For the 1st round, I would be happy if we got either Lynch or Landry. WRs can be addressed later as it is a deep crop this year and not a pressing need, and although I don't think Olsen is worth a 1st rounder, the drop off after him at TE is significant and I am sure his stock has rose to that point. If both Lynch and Landry are gone, I wouldn't be suprised if GB traded down to get Olsen.

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-25-2007, 09:31 PM
please cross gary russel as a packer pick, possibly any pick in general. he posted a 4.8 in the 40 and 9 reps of 225. and he blamed all of these on his inactivity over the past year

The Legend
02-25-2007, 09:34 PM
i would love to some how move up for Tank Tyler (42 reps lead NFL COMBINE)

idea

Trade
Packers : Corey Williams & 2nd Round Pick & Robert Ferguson
Lions : 2nd Round Pick & 3rd Round Pick

Favre4
02-25-2007, 10:06 PM
i wasnt too high on lynch and after a 4.49 forty time no thank you.....merriweather can play any of the defensive back positions....thats why hes so valuable, regardless of his size.

The Legend
02-25-2007, 10:48 PM
i wasnt too high on lynch and after a 4.49 forty time no thank you.....merriweather can play any of the defensive back positions....thats why hes so valuable, regardless of his size.

Lynch - 4.46 they fix it

umphrey
02-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Lynch will be alright, but I don't see us being glad we took him if we use our 16th pick on him.

TitleTown088
02-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Lynch will be alright, but I don't see us being glad we took him if we use our 16th pick on him.
I still wouldn't be upset with that pick at all.

ny10804
02-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Lynch would be a great pick. 4.46 speed is more than adequate, 4.49 wouldn't scare me off either.

johbur
02-26-2007, 02:56 AM
Quick combine thoughts:
Zach Miller: Ouch. Might not make the third round unless his pro-day is WAY better. Good blocker, though. Bubba Franks, part two.
Greg Olsen: The reverse of Miller. Top flight speed a lot harder to teach than how to block.
Calvin Johnson: Are you kidding me? Triangle might tempt Darth Davis into taking him #1.
Marshawn Lynch: 4.46 is respectable for an RB of his talents.
Chris Henry: Who? Had a hard tim at AZ, but he's as fast as AP. Might be at least as good a look as Mike Bell was for Denver last year as an UDFA.

Cool stuff with the new forums.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 08:07 AM
im liking olson more and more. but i am still standing on the idea we should wait till round 2 for a RB.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 08:13 AM
im liking olson more and more. but i am still standing on the idea we should wait till round 2 for a RB.

Chances are we would have to take olsen in 1st round after his combine. I still like Miller and maybe this would scare people off and make him available in the 3rd round. It would be a good value.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 08:16 AM
i agree it would be good value to add miller in round three, i just think more value can be added by a RB in round 2 rather than round 1. Im just not sold on lynch yet. for some reason i can not put my finger on it.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 08:19 AM
i agree it would be good value to add miller in round three, i just think more value can be added by a RB in round 2 rather than round 1. Im just not sold on lynch yet. for some reason i can not put my finger on it.
What would be your choice for RB in the 2nd?? I like Kenny Irons and Tony Hunt.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 08:21 AM
i am really liking Irons. but a surprise for me would be Bush, but that is only if his Leg checks out.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Does he really fit the ZBS?

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 08:24 AM
bush hits the holes hard and fast, and he is a beefy back. and he appearently likes the packers too, but so did thomas howard and we didnt take him

ds8582
02-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Personally, I really like what TT is doing with this team!!! Unforunately, we had a relatively easy schedule last year and it will get significantly harder this coming year. I just hope most fans and the media realize this team is heading in the right direction!

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 08:30 AM
yea i mean the the talent he added through last years draft was amazing. and i really want to see what he will do with this years. and i like how he likes to trade down for more picks. hopefully he will pull off another great draft this year. Yea we really did have an easy schedule this year. but packer fans are faithful so no matter what happens we will behind them till the end. so who do you want to take in FA?

ds8582
02-26-2007, 08:35 AM
eh..maybe Daniel Graham. I know alot of people are into Adailus Thomas. I am not. I think Poppinga is good enough and will make a significant improvement this year.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 08:37 AM
I wonder if TT is planning on cutting anyone this year? Any ideas who it could possibly be??

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 08:38 AM
maybe patrick kerney. i think he would be good opposite Kampman. but i think if we were to get Adailus Thomas it would be for DE more than LB

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 08:39 AM
Fergie hopefully,

ds8582
02-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Fergie hopefully,
Definitely, what a bust. Typical Sherman draft pick. What about Barry?? I guess he might be a decent backup tackle but I could see him getting cut.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 08:44 AM
could see him getting cut. what really pisses me off about fergie is that we could of had Chris chambers.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 08:47 AM
could see him getting cut. what really pisses me off about fergie is that we could of had Chris chambers.

Yeah hindsight is 20/20. When does Ahman have to be signed before he becomes a FA??

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 08:49 AM
march third i believe. but not positive

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 08:50 AM
but i wanted to punch the TV when we draft Fergie, cause i was screaming at the TV for Chambers.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 08:52 AM
but i wanted to punch the TV when we draft Fergie, cause i was screaming at the TV for Chambers.

Well, he would been a hometown hero. It would been nice. Last year, I kinda hoped we coulda got Brian Calhoun for the same reason. Not to mention the talent.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 08:54 AM
yea, i still think we would of if was not taken 2 pics ahead of us. stupid lions. i really think he could of done wonders for the pack. I really liked Calhoun.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Definitely a change of pace back, your right he could have really helped this year.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 09:09 AM
what about drafting a QB this year?

ds8582
02-26-2007, 09:15 AM
what about drafting a QB this year?

If we do I think it will be late in the draft? Maybe someone like Toby Korrodi a developmental pick.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 09:15 AM
i really like jordan palmer.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Although when Favre retires we should get a vet backup for A-Rod.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 09:17 AM
i really like jordan palmer.

He'd be nice too.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 09:18 AM
palmer is big enough to play at 6'6 and i like his arm. a veterian would be nice behind A-rod when he retires. but i am still questioning A-rods abilities. but i have faith in him.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 09:21 AM
palmer is big enough to play at 6'6 and i like his arm. a veterian would be nice behind A-rod when he retires. but i am still questioning A-rods abilities. but i have faith in him.

I absolutely think there are question marks with A-Rod. He's only had limited opportunites and got hurt. I really hope he pans out. He and AJ are TT's golden boy so I hope they work out.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Palmer definitely has the pedigree.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 09:22 AM
yea they are the golden boys, but even with limited playing time he still has done nothing to impress me. maybe its just because i am so used to seeing farve that no one seems good enough

stewy
02-26-2007, 09:24 AM
I know he isn't the biggest or has the strongest arm but the guy who would be a good fit for the Packers is John Beck of BYU.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Beck would be interesting, but i just see better fits for the Pack.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 09:25 AM
I know he isn't the biggest or has the strongest arm but the guy who would be a good fit for the Packers is John Beck of BYU.

what makes you say that?? just curious for your thoughts

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 09:26 AM
i got 10 reputation points

ds8582
02-26-2007, 09:28 AM
I have 12 for some reason. Still not quite sure what they are for. I know you said that the are for the HOF but I don't see what the point is. Maybe I'll PM Scott and ask.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 09:29 AM
PM him, cause i have no idea either, that was just my guess.

stewy
02-26-2007, 09:30 AM
I guess the offense he ran at BYU with Harline and the gang could be comparable to the WCO. I am mostly a fan because the guy doesn't make many mistakes. I guess I just think the guys a gamer.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 09:32 AM
i would not mind a guy who doesnt make mistakes. how is his accuracy.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 09:34 AM
I guess the offense he ran at BYU with Harline and the gang could be comparable to the WCO. I am mostly a fan because the guy doesn't make many mistakes. I guess I just think the guys a gamer.

Honestly, I don't know much about him other than what I saw at the combine. So I am pretty indiferent about most of the QBs because none really stood out in the individual drills but I like your perspective and like the point of view. I will definitely look into him as a prospect. Do you know what round he might be projected to be in??

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 09:35 AM
my guess would be 6-7 range

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 09:35 AM
the points are to tell people how good of a poster you are. the light next to your name changes colors as the more or less points you get

ds8582
02-26-2007, 09:37 AM
oh, i guess thats cool

stewy
02-26-2007, 09:41 AM
He is a 6-7 Rd QB. He throws a very catchable ball. If you go on Youtube there are some very good clips of him.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 09:42 AM
ok i might have to go have a look at those clips.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 09:51 AM
He looks pretty good to me!!

Pack_Attack_4
02-26-2007, 09:54 AM
What do u guys think about trading for Jared Allen he wants out of KC , if we got him and Kampman togeather we would hav to awsome ends who could both get 10+ sacks a season.

jdcozart
02-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Palmer definitely has the pedigree.

Do you guys only like his pedigree and size? He makes some poor decisions.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 10:00 AM
What do u guys think about trading for Jared Allen he wants out of KC , if we got him and Kampman togeather we would hav to awsome ends who could both get 10+ sacks a season.

I am really not interested. I would rather develop talent rather than trade away picks. But if the price was right he would be intriguing but as of right now with Cullen Jenkins possibly resigning and KGB still under contract I doubt it would happen.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Do you guys only like his pedigree and size? He makes some poor decisions.

Yeah basically, he has a strong arm but remember any QB we would draft would hopefully be a late 2nd day pick as a developmental player.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 10:21 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6507034

here is a little more on John Beck

PacMan
02-26-2007, 10:35 AM
So what's the consensus pick for GB now??
I still like Marshawn Lynch.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 10:38 AM
So what's the consensus pick for GB now??
I still like Marshawn Lynch.

I think that might be the consensus but I think TT will have plenty of options when he comes up.

stewy
02-26-2007, 10:56 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6507034

here is a little more on John Beck

I'd love to land him. With some help, he could really be good.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 11:00 AM
I'd love to land him. With some help, he could really be good.

He looks pretty good from the highlights but thats why they are called highlights so we will see.

someone447
02-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah basically, he has a strong arm but remember any QB we would draft would hopefully be a late 2nd day pick as a developmental player.

I've seen every UTEP game this year, he only impressed me in one game, the Texas Tech game. I want him to do good, I just don't think he will. I would much rather he is picked up by another team, because I would see it as a waste of a pick for the Packers. The only reason I have a sig of him is it looked cool and I have friends on the team, so we had been partying with him all last semester, and he is a funny guy.

His arm strength is nothing special. It is good enough to make most throws, but he won't get any into tight spaces. His accuracy suffers, he has no pocket presence, he can't move around. He would be no higher than a 7th round pick if his brother wasn't Carson Palmer. The absolute best case for him is Chris Simms, but I think Simms was much better coming out of school. I think the best Palmer will ever be is a serviceable backup

Quite a few interceptions Palmer through were just wildly off target. He throws into double and triple coverage quite frequently. He is not someone you will want to run your offense.

Palmer will be picked up before late second day. The QB class is relatively weak this year. Simms was picked up well before where I thought he deserved(after running UT into the ground when taking over for applewhite) and I think Palmer will be taken higher than his production would indicate. I say late 4th or early 5th.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 11:39 AM
I've seen every UTEP game this year, he only impressed me in one game, the Texas Tech game. I want him to do good, I just don't think he will. I would much rather he is picked up by another team, because I would see it as a waste of a pick for the Packers. The only reason I have a sig of him is it looked cool and I have friends on the team, so we had been partying with him all last semester, and he is a funny guy.

His arm strength is nothing special. It is good enough to make most throws, but he won't get any into tight spaces. His accuracy suffers, he has no pocket presence, he can't move around. He would be no higher than a 7th round pick if his brother wasn't Carson Palmer. The absolute best case for him is Chris Simms, but I think Simms was much better coming out of school. I think the best Palmer will ever be is a serviceable backup

Quite a few interceptions Palmer through were just wildly off target. He throws into double and triple coverage quite frequently. He is not someone you will want to run your offense.

Palmer will be picked up before late second day. The QB class is relatively weak this year. Simms was picked up well before where I thought he deserved(after running UT into the ground when taking over for applewhite) and I think Palmer will be taken higher than his production would indicate. I say late 4th or early 5th.

Yeah I actually haven't seen much of him. I don't get many UTEP games in PA but like I said I think if the Pack select a QB it will be a late round pick.

jackalope
02-26-2007, 11:59 AM
TT said that he likes to take QBs but i don't see a point in us taking one this draft. the only QB i'd want is Stoco and that's only because he's a badger.

how do you check your rep?

ds8582
02-26-2007, 12:05 PM
TT said that he likes to take QBs but i don't see a point in us taking one this draft. the only QB i'd want is Stoco and that's only because he's a badger.

how do you check your rep?

click on that white thing at the bottom of your post under your username

jackalope
02-26-2007, 12:14 PM
click on that white thing at the bottom of your post under your usernamek, thanks. i have 10.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 12:18 PM
k, thanks. i have 10.

I think that is what everyone starts out as roidrunner said he had 10 as well.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 12:59 PM
I like Jordan Palmer. I think he would be good to have on the team.

ds8582
02-26-2007, 01:13 PM
I like Jordan Palmer. I think he would be good to have on the team.

I like him too but this John Beck kid looks real good too.

TitleTown088
02-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Neither Woodson or Harris making the probowl still chaps my ass.

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Neither Woodson or Harris making the probowl still chaps my ass.
yea i agree i mean serious what does a guy have to do to get in the pro-bowl around here??? woodson should for sure of been in the probowl. I still think the coachs should have a say into who gets into the probowl

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 01:18 PM

if you had to take one, which one would it be?

ds8582
02-26-2007, 01:26 PM
If I had to pick I guess Beck

roidrunner
02-26-2007, 01:45 PM
im thinking
nelson-1
Booker-2
Miller-3

what you think?

Rodgers and Lynch_07
02-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Cullen Jenkins resigned 4 yrs/ 16 mil. what everyone think?

TitleTown088
02-26-2007, 03:36 PM
im thinking
nelson-1
Booker-2
Miller-3

what you think?

Don't like the nelson pick, but i enjoy the booker one.

TitleTown088
02-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Favre finally got er done. http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070226/PKR01/70226183/1989

jackalope
02-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Cullen Jenkins resigned 4 yrs/ 16 mil. what everyone think?i love the fact that we resigned him. good move.

GB12
02-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah I actually haven't seen much of him. I don't get many UTEP games in PA but like I said I think if the Pack select a QB it will be a late round pick.

Drafting another QB doesn't make any sense. He took Ingle Martin in the 5th last year. By taking another we'd either have to cut him or carry 4 QBs on our roster.

ny10804
02-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Drafting another QB doesn't make any sense. He took Ingle Martin in the 5th last year. By taking another we'd either have to cut him or carry 4 QBs on our roster.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

princefielder28
02-26-2007, 04:37 PM

I've been one of Beck's biggest fans and think he's got potential for success

princefielder28
02-26-2007, 04:38 PM
FANTASY

Is our plan still CB in round 4???

someone447
02-26-2007, 05:13 PM
I made a fantasy thread, use that one. But thats what we are looking at as long as our people are available.

princefielder28
02-26-2007, 05:18 PM
I made a fantasy thread, use that one. But thats what we are looking at as long as our people are available.

What's the Fantasy Thread???

someone447
02-26-2007, 05:28 PM
http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1912

Since we have forums for each team now, we just have a separate thread for the fantasy, so we dont keep confusing people. We have quite a bit of time before we can really do anything.

neko4
02-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Anybody have any thouhts on Ladell Betts, WAS needs a pass rusher, so if we trade KGB and a draft pick we could get him. He had 3 or 4 100yd games last year.

GB12
02-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Anybody have any thouhts on Ladell Betts, WAS needs a pass rusher, so if we trade KGB and a draft pick we could get him. He had 3 or 4 100yd games last year.

Woah, are you saying he's worth KGB and a draft pick? I would not give up a 5th for him. He is not as good as his stats make him look.

neko4
02-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Woah, are you saying he's worth KGB and a draft pick? I would not give up a 5th for him. He is not as good as his stats make him look.

How so, he always seems to fight for the extra yard and shows great ability.

GB12
02-26-2007, 07:24 PM
How so, he always seems to fight for the extra yard and shows great ability.

It's knid of hard to explain. Part of it is the system and part is thathe just doesn't have the talent. He is not someone that should be starting. I have talked to a couple Redskins fans including Ghettosermon about it and they feel the same way. Sorry for the bad explaination, but I don't know a better way to say it.

princefielder28
02-26-2007, 07:26 PM
It's knid of hard to explain. Part of it is the system and part is thathe just doesn't have the talent. He is not someone that should be starting. I have talked to a couple Redskins fans including Ghettosermon about it and they feel the same way. Sorry for the bad explaination, but I don't know a better way to say it.

Also some players are meant to be back ups and fit that role and experience success in small portions. Betts is one of those players, AJ Feeley is one of those players, and so is, what will be former teammate, Jeff Garcia

someone447
02-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Also some players are meant to be back ups and fit that role and experience success in small portions. Betts is one of those players, AJ Feeley is one of those players, and so is, what will be former teammate, Jeff Garcia

At this point in his career. He was a very good starter in San Fran.

neko4
02-26-2007, 08:03 PM
At this point in his career. He was a very good starter in San Fran.
W/ TO DARN 10 characters minimum rule

RockJock07
02-27-2007, 01:55 AM
Back to the John Beck thing. I'd rather have him then ingle Martin as 3rd string. With the way TT trades down, we could spare a pick on another QB.

Jenkins, good move by TT.

If Lynch and Landry are gone at 16, i say trade down and pick up olsen in the first, Bush or/and Merriweather in the 2nd. That 3 holes that are filled with first round talent.

vontaleach4presidente
02-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Back to the John Beck thing. I'd rather have him then ingle Martin as 3rd string. With the way TT trades down, we could spare a pick on another QB.

If Lynch and Landry are gone at 16, i say trade down and pick up olsen in the first, Bush or/and Merriweather in the 2nd. That 3 holes that are filled with first round talent.

It's always a good thing to have 3 holes filled with first round talent...

roidrunner
02-27-2007, 07:45 AM
wolf picked a QB about every year. and TT is a wolf follower. Wolf once said that QB was the hardest position to fill so he drafted one every year.

PackAttack
02-27-2007, 09:34 AM

In this case you have here I'd rather have Tony Hunt then Michael Bush....Hunt is a real good WCO do-it-all type back

roidrunner
02-27-2007, 09:41 AM
i would still prefer bush. i just like him more a rb than hunt

Pack_Attack_4
02-27-2007, 11:26 AM
In this case you have here I'd rather have Tony Hunt then Michael Bush....Hunt is a real good WCO do-it-all type back

i like hunt better than bush i think he runs harderand will fit the WCO better.

PS u stole my name

roidrunner
02-27-2007, 11:27 AM
he is still a Penn state running back. and LJ is the exception to this.

PackAttack
02-27-2007, 12:22 PM
i like hunt better than bush i think he runs harderand will fit the WCO better.

PS u stole my name

Yeah but you added the "ode to Favre" #4 at the end of yours which makes your name that much more clever then mine ;)

jackalope
02-28-2007, 04:16 PM
what's the word on Barnett's contract? are we close to resigning him?

princefielder28
02-28-2007, 06:48 PM
what's the word on Barnett's contract? are we close to resigning him?

We are working on resigning him and he is looking to be payed around where linebackers that put up his stats are payed. He said on Jim Rome that he will never hold out and will play his entire contract through

neko4
02-28-2007, 08:33 PM
wolf picked a QB about every year. and TT is a wolf follower. Wolf once said that QB was the hardest position to fill so he drafted one every year.

If we do pick a QB it should be like Ingle who could play 2 positions. Zabransky could tryout at WR or S

GB12
02-28-2007, 08:36 PM
If we do pick a QB it should be like Ingle who could play 2 positions. Zabransky could tryout at WR or S

They may be more athletic than the average QB, but that doesn't mean they can play 2 positions. Zabransky is crap by the way, I wouldn't pick him up as an UDFA.

Twiddler
02-28-2007, 09:45 PM
http://www.sportspickle.com/features/volume6/2007-0228-favre.html

Enjoy.

TitleTown088
02-28-2007, 10:48 PM
http://www.sportspickle.com/features/volume6/2007-0228-favre.html

Enjoy.
The best part it how factual it really is.

TitleTown088
03-01-2007, 01:28 AM
Koren entered jail today to begin his sentance... Don't drop the soap koren!!

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Koren entered jail today to begin his sentance... Don't drop the soap koren!!

Great words of advice

ds8582
03-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Does anyone think this is kind of a weak free agent class as far as Packers needs go???

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Does anyone think this is kind of a weak free agent class as far as Packers needs go???

In general it's a weak class but the Packers can upgrade with Adalius Thomas if they could bring him in otherwise they'll have to look at trades to bring in any names such as Randy Moss or wait until the draft comes becuase there isn't much

ds8582
03-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Is Daniel Graham still an legitimate option at TE??

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 09:16 AM

Yes he is and that wouldn't be a bad option

JF4
03-01-2007, 09:16 AM

I don't really think so, he's too inconsistent for my liking in the passing game. I think he's great at what he is right now, a 2nd TE option. I think we need to get a TE who can really help us in the passing game, we already have TE's who can block.

ds8582
03-01-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't really think so, he's too inconsistent for my liking in the passing game. I think he's great at what he is right now, a 2nd TE option. I think we need to get a TE who can really help us in the passing game, we already have TE's who can block.

I read on a website that likened him to a glorified tackle but they also said he got lost in the passing game because Ben Watson is such a great pass catcher.

roidrunner
03-01-2007, 09:40 AM
so in other words. hes like kevin barry who can sometimes catch the ball

ds8582
03-01-2007, 09:45 AM
so in other words. hes like kevin barry who can sometimes catch the ball

I wouldn't say that but I was just questioning his ability to be the TE the packers need.

roidrunner
03-01-2007, 09:50 AM
he seems like a guy who can only block with hands like rocks. we need a pass catching TE.

roidrunner
03-01-2007, 09:58 AM
so what about Jamal Lewis, since he is now a free agent, i know he does not fit the system. but maybe it will be a FA that takes over our starting RB position

ds8582
03-01-2007, 10:00 AM
I think RB can be addressed in the draft maybe 3rd round.

Pack_Attack_4
03-01-2007, 12:03 PM
so what about Jamal Lewis, since he is now a free agent, i know he does not fit the system. but maybe it will be a FA that takes over our starting RB position

Id rather have lynch in the 1st and maby sighning green too, having 2 good backs would be awsome.

PackAttack
03-01-2007, 12:06 PM
he seems like a guy who can only block with hands like rocks. we need a pass catching TE.

Having watched Graham in college (I went to CU) and the NFL I can say its not that he has hands of stone. He has very soft hands and catches the ball very well.

The thing with him is 2-fold:

1) He is slow. He will never stretch the field and thus is not a true receiving threat long distance (but he is very savy and good in the red zone)

2) He blocks so well that New England pretty much kept him in as a blocker and let Watson be the receiving threat.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in Green and Gold. He would be an upgrade from Bubba for sure just not a down-the-field threat.

ds8582
03-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Graham is good in Madden. lol

RockJock07
03-01-2007, 01:58 PM
After the Combine, I'm really starting to prefer either Olsen or Landry at 16. Either player will come in and make a difference right away. Olsen could challenge franks/martin for the starting job and with as fast as Olsen is, he could be used in the slot too. Landry could take the job about from MM in a heartbeat. He fast and explosive and can cover unlike Manuel.

As for Free Agency, I think AT would be amazing but it seems like he's either going to cleveland or San Fran. I doubt he would go to cleveland because well...it's Cleveland. San Fran is probably where he will end up unless TT throws some serious $ at him, which he did with Woodson.

I still say Michael Bush would be amazing and if he's there in the 2nd round, the Packers would be foolish not to take him. In that Kentucky game before he got hurt, he ran over some people and then put it into another gear. This guy could have been the Heisman winner if he had not been hurt. I would be willing to take a chance on this guy in the 2nd because he should be going in to top 15 if not for his injury.

JF4
03-01-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm I the only one who still really wants Lynch with our first rounder? I think that we shouldn't settle for a average RB for a few years, i.e Green. RB is arguably the most important position in the offense for certain teams. Remember the days when Ahman was getting 1500+ rushing yards and how good our offense was. Even back then we had below average receivers. Drafting a TE in the first round will help, but it wouldn't solve our offensive woes. Drafting a back like Lynch would durastically improve our offense. With our improving OL and a RB perfect for our system, who I feel will be able to make an immediate impact in the NFL, we would be able to establish a good running game. In turn that would open up our passing game a little too if we use play action.

Young RB's have been pretty succesful in the NFL the last few years and some of them have become the face of their respective teams. I think that once Favre leaves Lynch would be able to take over that role of the playmaker on offense and it would really help Rodgers with his transition to becoming a starter.

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm I the only one who still really wants Lynch with our first rounder? I think that we shouldn't settle for a average RB for a few years, i.e Green. RB is arguably the most important position in the offense for certain teams. Remember the days when Ahman was getting 1500+ rushing yards and how good our offense was. Even back then we had below average receivers. Drafting a TE in the first round will help, but it wouldn't solve our offensive woes. Drafting a back like Lynch would durastically improve our offense. With our improving OL and a RB perfect for our system, who I feel will be able to make an immediate impact in the NFL, we would be able to establish a good running game. In turn that would open up our passing game a little too if we use play action.

Young RB's have been pretty succesful in the NFL the last few years and some of them have become the face of their respective teams. I think that once Favre leaves Lynch would be able to take over that role of the playmaker on offense and it would really help Rodgers with his transition to becoming a starter.

People still like Lynch but a premiere back is not a necessity for the ZBS and the Packers have other needs

JF4
03-01-2007, 02:51 PM
People still like Lynch but a premiere back is not a necessity for the ZBS and the Packers have other needs

A premier back may not be a neccesity for a ZBS, but it would sure help. Look at Ahman Green's numbers last year they were average at best. If you put a premier back in to the system you're gonna get more production. I understand that the pack have other need's it's just that the offense hasn't been the same since our running game was good. We need to reastiblish the run and getting Lynch will do it. The team's defense is improving IMO, they have enough talented players to be a pretty good D. While the offense is what's holding us back, we need to be able to rely on our offense to put up points. Without an establish run game, and some average RB, it ain't gonna happen.

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 02:55 PM
A premier back may not be a neccesity for a ZBS, but it would sure help. Look at Ahman Green's numbers last year they were average at best. If you put a premier back in to the system you're gonna get more production. I understand that the pack have other need's it's just that the offense hasn't been the same since our running game was good. We need to reastiblish the run and getting Lynch will do it. The team's defense is improving IMO, they have enough talented players to be a pretty good D. While the offense is what's holding us back, we need to be able to rely on our offense to put up points. Without an establish run game, and some average RB, it ain't gonna happen.

Well, yes it would help, but if he's not there it won't be the end of the world for Packers fans

neko4
03-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Anybody care if I make a team mock draft thread?

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Anybody care if I make a team mock draft thread?

I'm sure that'll be fine; we're all Packers fans

roughrider30
03-01-2007, 04:18 PM

Agreed, I am still for Lynch in round 1. Just look at what Portis did for Denver, sure the other RBs still played well for them, but none really compared to what Portis was to that team. Getting a Franchise Runningback would be a very good move for the Packers even with the ZBS

PackAttack
03-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Agreed, I am still for Lynch in round 1. Just look at what Portis did for Denver, sure the other RBs still played well for them, but none really compared to what Portis was to that team. Getting a Franchise Runningback would be a very good move for the Packers even with the ZBS

Not to mention things change in the NFL quickly....just because we run ZBS right now doesn't mean we will in 2,3,4 years....a franchise back can be good for 7-9 years and we may not run the ZBS forever

princefielder28
03-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Not to mention things change in the NFL quickly....just because we run ZBS right now doesn't mean we will in 2,3,4 years....a franchise back can be good for 7-9 years and we may not run the ZBS forever

But we just got a new coaching staff and McCarthy brought early success so he'll be here to stay, especially with a young defense

jackalope
03-01-2007, 09:23 PM
i'm still for Lynch in the first. I'd be really happy to see that happen.

roidrunner
03-02-2007, 07:13 AM
im faltering on Lynch i think we can still get good value in the later rounds and get another pressing need filled. with the first. where the drop off of talent falls quicker than the running back group

ds8582
03-02-2007, 09:08 AM
I saw on another website that we are expected to take Greg Olsen in the first

Boston
03-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I saw on another website that we are expected to take Greg Olsen in the first

What website? If we did that, i would hope we would trade down five spots or so.

ds8582
03-02-2007, 12:41 PM
foxsports.com

Boston
03-02-2007, 12:46 PM
foxsports.com

That's a mock draft, if that's what you're looking at, which i assume you are. That doesn't mean we're expected to take them, simply who they think we will pick.

ds8582
03-02-2007, 01:01 PM
That's a mock draft, if that's what you're looking at, which i assume you are. That doesn't mean we're expected to take them, simply who they think we will pick.

Isn't that what a mock is?? A list of players teams are expected to pick.

Boston
03-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Isn't that what a mock is?? A list of players teams are expected to pick.

Kind of. Expected isn't the right word. In the sense, "Oakland is expected to take Russell," is different than the packers are "expected to take Olsen." That's just 1 persons opinion. It's really all speculation right now.

ds8582
03-02-2007, 01:22 PM
alright thats pretty picky though

Boston
03-02-2007, 01:23 PM
alright thats pretty picky though

Yeah, i know. I'm bored. Expected makes it sound like a sure thing, which is far from the truth.

ds8582
03-02-2007, 01:30 PM
There is some speculation that the packers select Greg Olsen with the 16th pick in the 2007 NFL draft per foxsports mock draft. Is this worded correctly? I would hate to confuse anyone. lol

Boston
03-02-2007, 01:34 PM
There is some speculation that the packers select Greg Olsen with the 16th pick in the 2007 NFL draft per foxsports mock draft. Is this worded correctly? I would hate to confuse anyone. lol

Foxsports has Olsen going to the packers at 16.

ds8582
03-02-2007, 01:36 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070302/PKR01/70302103/1989

Ahman Green visiting with Denver

BigSteve
03-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey everyone, I've been reading these forums for about a year and a half but just haven't posted on them. I saw that Joey Porter has been released by the Steelers, what would you think about possibly making a run at him? could he play SLB in our scheme? he does turn 30 on the 22nd of march so does that concern any of you?

Boston
03-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey everyone, I've been reading these forums for about a year and a half but just haven't posted on them. I saw that Joey Porter has been released by the Steelers, what would you think about possibly making a run at him? could he play SLB in our scheme? he does turn 30 on the 22nd of march so does that concern any of you?

I wouldn't want him. He was released because of his inability to play the 4-3, if i remember correct.

princefielder28
03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't want him. He was released because of his inability to play the 4-3, if i remember correct.

That's the reason; so he's a no go

jackalope
03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
i don't really want Olsen at 16 because i don't think it's that great of value.

jackalope
03-02-2007, 06:47 PM
if Jeramey Stevens gets cut, as expected, do you think we might pursue him. after all, we need a TE and i think he was a TT player. i would be against it because i don't like him and i don't think he's very good, but I'm just bringing up the possibility.

princefielder28
03-02-2007, 07:38 PM
if Jeramey Stevens gets cut, as expected, do you think we might pursue him. after all, we need a TE and i think he was a TT player. i would be against it because i don't like him and i don't think he's very good, but I'm just bringing up the possibility.

Remember the Monday night game??? He can't catch a lofted pass much less a Brett Favre fastball, no way he comes here regardless of his ties to TT

someone447
03-02-2007, 08:37 PM
If we sign Stevens, I will lose all respect for TT. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Stevens already fooled TT once, don't let him do it again.

jackalope
03-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Remember the Monday night game??? He can't catch a lofted pass much less a Brett Favre fastball, no way he comes here regardless of his ties to TTi would agree, i was just bringing up the possibilities.

princefielder28
03-02-2007, 09:37 PM
i would agree, i was just bringing up the possibilities.

Yeah, i know i was just stating the negatives of him and there aren't too many positives

The Legend
03-03-2007, 09:34 AM
ok guys i say we go after Travis Henry

also he is said to be cut in a few hours

him and Morency that would be very nice

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/djindjo/bilde.jpg

Link (http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070303/SPORTS/703030304/1006)

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-KMwGybLg)

princefielder28
03-03-2007, 11:02 AM
ok guys i say we go after Travis Henry

also he is said to be cut in a few hours

him and Morency that would be very nice

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/djindjo/bilde.jpg

Link (http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070303/SPORTS/703030304/1006)

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-KMwGybLg)

He has success last year in Tennessee so it wouldn't be that bad

JF4
03-03-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm not a big fan of Henry. I just don't understand why you guy's want to keep going after average RB's.

The Legend
03-03-2007, 01:18 PM
BIG NEWS
Takeo Spikes on Trade Block Bills Are Only Asking For 3rd / 4th Round Pick

i think thats a deal that we should jump on

Spikes - Barnett - Hawk ... would be very nice

princefielder28
03-03-2007, 01:28 PM
BIG NEWS
Takeo Spikes on Trade Block Bills Are Only Asking For 3rd / 4th Round Pick

i think thats a deal that we should jump on

Spikes - Barnett - Hawk ... would be very nice

Spikes is another person that has battled injuries and there's no saying that'll he'll get back to his Pro-Bowl form; that's why they're only asking for the late 1st day, early second day pick.

The Legend
03-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Spikes is another person that has battled injuries and there's no saying that'll he'll get back to his Pro-Bowl form; that's why they're only asking for the late 1st day, early second day pick.

well look at our past 3rd round pick other then last year

2005 : NONE
2004 : Donnell Washington
2004 : Joey Thomas
2004 : B.J. Sander
2003 : Kenny Peterson
2002 : Marques Anderson
2001 : Bhawoh Jue
2001 : Marshall
2000 : Steve Warren

princefielder28
03-03-2007, 01:43 PM

2000 : Steve Warren

that has nothing to do with it becuase management isn't same; a certain Mike Sherman is out of the picture.

Whistler6
03-03-2007, 03:11 PM
I think letting Ahman walkl and trying to get Willis Mcgahee would be an awesome move... anybody think that?

princefielder28
03-03-2007, 03:13 PM
I think letting Ahman walkl and trying to get Willis Mcgahee would be an awesome move... anybody think that?

Willis is a good back injuries are a problem for him and the Packers probably will decide to go younger at running back by addressing it in the draft

jackalope
03-03-2007, 03:24 PM

2000 : Steve Warrenlast year though we got Spitz and Hodge. all the picks you have shown were before TT.

The Legend
03-04-2007, 02:57 AM
would you guys be willing to give up our 1st Round

or even 1st round / next year 2nd round

FOR VILMA

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 07:19 AM
would you guys be willing to give up our 1st Round

or even 1st round / next year 2nd round

FOR VILMA

it's not a need though, so I wouldn't pay that much for a little upgrade

Mwkick
03-04-2007, 08:04 AM
I really hope they don't trade for McGahee. I really think he's one of the most overrated backs in the league. And I don't like Henry either. I would much rather see them go after Moss than those two. With Thompson's conservative history, I wouldn't count on ANY deals getting done, but would definitely pull for Moss. It'd be nice to see them sign Griffiths as well. As for spikes, I really don't think he's the answer either. I would have liked to have Thomas if anyone. But Spikes REALLY hasn't played in 3 years. Why take the gamble on someone that's been injured the past 2?

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 09:01 AM
I really hope they don't trade for McGahee. I really think he's one of the most overrated backs in the league. And I don't like Henry either. I would much rather see them go after Moss than those two. With Thompson's conservative history, I wouldn't count on ANY deals getting done, but would definitely pull for Moss. It'd be nice to see them sign Griffiths as well. As for spikes, I really don't think he's the answer either. I would have liked to have Thomas if anyone. But Spikes REALLY hasn't played in 3 years. Why take the gamble on someone that's been injured the past 2?

Well right now it looks like Willis may be going to Denver and Moss is running out of potential teams he could go to due to the Jags signing Northcutt, either Green Bay or Miami will be the suitor

RockJock07
03-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Ahman Green signs 4-year deal with the Texans, says ESPN.

I think this means Lynch in the first now or trading down in the first picking up an extra second rounder to get Bush or Irons.

I trust TT, But now he has to add a franchise back to the mix with all the other things. If Green had stayed, there were more options at 16, now our first round pick is very all but assured, and anyone wanted lynch can jump up and take him before the Packers do at 16.

This is a set back in the Packers off-season

princefielder28
03-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Ahman Green signs 4-year deal with the Texans, says ESPN.

I think this means Lynch in the first now or trading down in the first picking up an extra second rounder to get Bush or Irons.

I trust TT, But now he has to add a franchise back to the mix with all the other things. If Green had stayed, there were more options at 16, now our first round pick is very all but assured, and anyone wanted lynch can jump up and take him before the Packers do at 16.

This is a set back in the Packers off-season

I don't believe it was a setback at all becuase if Ahman is here or not they were going to have to bring in a young back unless they strongly believe Morency is a long-term solution

PackAttack
03-05-2007, 02:29 PM
OK, my new "perfect Packer offseason"

(No doubt this will change again and again and again)

1) Trade 3rd rounder and conditional pick next year for Randy Moss
2) Hopefully Oakland actually does cut Lamont Jordan....and we sign him
3) Trade down in 1st round and get extra 2nd rounder
4) Draft Olsen or Zack Miller, Reggie Nelson/Griffin/Meriweather and Jason Hill/Tony Hunt/Antonio Pittman in rounds 1 and 2 with our 3 picks
5) Fill out depth in FA and Draft with another CB, line help (both O and D), etc.

These things happen and I see us being VERY competetive next year.

princefielder28
03-05-2007, 02:34 PM
OK, my new "perfect Packer offseason"

(No doubt this will change again and again and again)

1) Trade 3rd rounder and conditional pick next year for Randy Moss
2) Hopefully Oakland actually does cut Lamont Jordan....and we sign him
3) Trade down in 1st round and get extra 2nd rounder
4) Draft Olsen or Zack Miller, Reggie Nelson/Griffin/Meriweather and Jason Hill/Tony Hunt/Antonio Pittman in rounds 1 and 2 with our 3 picks
5) Fill out depth in FA and Draft with another CB, line help (both O and D), etc.

These things happen and I see us being VERY competetive next year.

I like alot of what you said except for the signing of LaMont Jordan; he's fata$$ no good RB who always gets hurt

jpapa4490
03-05-2007, 04:24 PM
so much for the us getting travis henry, he signed a deal with denver according to ESPN.com. 5 year contract worth 12 million guaranteed.

neko4
03-05-2007, 04:49 PM
What does everyone think of Antonio Bryant? Apparently he had some attitude problems, but he did have a few good games.

princefielder28
03-05-2007, 05:05 PM
What does everyone think of Antonio Bryant? Apparently he had some attitude problems, but he did have a few good games.

He'd big the big play receiver we're looking for but his attitude problems were bad enough for San Fran to release their only receiver so he must have some big time issues

Mwkick
03-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Ya, I agree about the character issues. I still cant' believe that more people haven't inquired about him though. Like you said, he's a big play receiver who did well in that offense.

I really think the packers should make a big pitch for McMichael...

GadoR'Savior
03-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Ya, I agree about the character issues. I still cant' believe that more people haven't inquired about him though. Like you said, he's a big play receiver who did well in that offense.

I really think the packers should make a big pitch for McMichael...

I second that McMichael is a great recieving TE, much needed upgrade over Butterfinger Franks.

If the Moss stuff doesn't work out i think the Packers need to get a WR in the first round. Meachem i am hoping for Jarrett would be fine. They just need a big play threat that will allow Driver to go man to man and Jennings to get mismatches out of the slot. Then add in McMichaels...wow that is a deadly group for Farve tryin to make a run for the last time

princefielder28
03-06-2007, 05:27 PM
Imagine this......
The Packers tarde QB Aaron Rodgers for WR Randy Moss, and Moss gets a new contract but it's cheaper. Then, Green Bay trades their 3rd round pick for RB Willis McGahee. The Packers have the money to get Willis a long-term deal. FB Justin Griffith signs with Green Bay. Nick Barnett gets a contract extension.

On to the draft we go. The Packers trade down in round 1 and pick up an extra 3rd round pick and future draft pick from a team that's looking for a playmaker such as Marshawn Lynch. The Packers use their 1st rounder on TE Greg Olsen, 2nd round pick on a safety such as Miami(FL) S Brandon Merriweather or someone else, and their 3rd round selection used on a CB to add depth there.

It's probably next to impossible but they are all moves that could happen. Living in a fantasy world I would love for this to happen and Green Bay would be serious Super bowl contenders and Brett could potentially ride out into the sunset as a two-time Super Bowl Champion

M1Koter
03-06-2007, 05:50 PM
I've been saying this for awhile now, but I do not want moss. Then to think we would trade our offensive future for the guy just, wow, I can't belive guys are being serious with this. I once did a little bit of reaserch by myself and found that the steeler's super bowl winning team, other than 5 guys on the starting roster were drafted by the steelers. Those 5 guy that weren't had been with the team for 5 years or more. Interpret that whatever way you want, but all I'm saying is that theres a reason why the redskins suck, FA arn't the answer

titletownusa
03-06-2007, 05:57 PM

The Bills don't want to pay him and I think he would be a great fit in GB. If we signed a good RB like that we could use our first draft pick for a stud wideout or a hard hitting SS.

neko4
03-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Its been 3 years so it is time to review the '04 Draft

1 25 Ahmad Carroll CB Arkansas-great speed didnt amount to much, showed promise in 2nd year, but all hopes were crushed in his 3rd and was released. Too many penalties and bad attitude.

3 70 Joey Thomas CB Montana State- Probably a bad pick to start out with and should have been taken in a later round. Hardly could compete w/ draft bust Carroll.

3 72 Donnell Washington DT Clemson- How many downs did he play?

3 87 B.J. Sander P Ohio State- A total joke getting a 3rd round punter, only one bad year as starter.
6 179 Corey Williams DT Arkansas State- Generates good inside pass rush and has become a sucess on the team.

7 251 Scott Wells C Tennessee- Thanks to injuries to Flanagan, he proved that he could start for this team and is recently got a contract for it.

Grade= C
Had two good picks late in the draft, but the rest was TERRIBLE!

RockJock07
03-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Why in the world would the Packers trade Rodgers for Moss? That may be the worst trade in the history of trades. I want Moss, but not if it means giving up on a guy who hasn't played a meaningful down of pro football yet.

Rodgers should have been a top 10 pick two years ago and now you wanna give him up before he has a chance to start or play at all. Whoever said they wanted to groom Ingle Martin for the start QB job is a Dumb***.

Can some please explain this Rodgers for Moss thing to me again, because I feel like I blacked out and Mike Sherman is running the team again!!!!!

ny10804
03-06-2007, 09:04 PM

1 25 Ahmad Carroll CB Arkansas-great speed didnt amount to much, showed promise in 2nd year, but all hopes were crushed in his 3rd and was released. Too many penalties and bad attitude.

3 70 Joey Thomas CB Montana State- Probably a bad pick to start out with and should have been taken in a later round. Hardly could compete w/ draft bust Carroll.

3 87 B.J. Sander P Ohio State- A total joke getting a 3rd round punter, only one bad year as starter.
6 179 Corey Williams DT Arkansas State- Generates good inside pass rush and has become a sucess on the team.

7 251 Scott Wells C Tennessee- Thanks to injuries to Flanagan, he proved that he could start for this team and is recently got a contract for it.

Grade= C
Had two good picks late in the draft, but the rest was TERRIBLE!

What's the grade for when your first four picks aren't on the team? I'd give that draft an F+.

TitleTown088
03-06-2007, 09:26 PM
http://www.benmaller.com/nfl_rumors_notes

According to this cat the pack is looking at McMicheal and McGahee

neko4
03-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Why in the world would the Packers trade Rodgers for Moss? That may be the worst trade in the history of trades. I want Moss, but not if it means giving up on a guy who hasn't played a meaningful down of pro football yet.

Rodgers should have been a top 10 pick two years ago and now you wanna give him up before he has a chance to start or play at all. Whoever said they wanted to groom Ingle Martin for the start QB job is a Dumb***.

Can some please explain this Rodgers for Moss thing to me again, because I feel like I blacked out and Mike Sherman is running the team again!!!!!

There are plenty of FA qb's out there and next year's draft should be rich in potential QB's

TitleTown088
03-07-2007, 10:10 AM
packerschatter

Fullback Justin Griffith is still in Green Bay as of Wed. They are talking contract and it is only a matter of time before the two sides agree to a deal. Griffith see's the Packers as a perfect fit for his skill set, and the Packers feel the same way. (I would suspect a deal could get done today making him the highest paid FB in the NFL.)

Joe Horn will be in Green Bay for a visit Thursday or Friday. If Horn is signed the Packers would no longer have interest in trading for Randy Moss. I was told the Pack would only look to Horn for no more then 2 years. Horn has ties to Mike McCarthy and would be a nice fit in the Packers offense and in the locker room (just my opinion). I heard the Packers will make an offer to Horn before he leaves Green Bay, and I was also told the Packers are the team that tops his "wish list".

Chris Brown will be coming to Green Bay later in the week as well.

Randy McMichael has been contacted by the Packers (and other teams) and is trying to set a date to come to Green Bay for a visit. There is mutual interest from both parties.

The Packers are trying to see what day is good for Deon Grant to come visit Green Bay.

There are rumors of the Packers and Redskins talking trade on draft day IF Adrian Peterson is available at the #6 pick. It would include the Packers #16 pick, a 2nd round pick this season and another 2nd rounder next season for the Redskins #6 (overall) pick and a 5th round pick.

The Packers have not contacted nor offered Jamal Lewis a contract form what I was told.

The Bills will NOT release Willis McGahee and will trade him by or on draft day. Teams that are considered the front runners to land him are the Packers, Giants, Ravens, Browns, and Raiders. He could be had for a 3rd round pick, but McGahee and the team trading for him would want a new deal before any deal can/would be finished.

The Packers have inquired about Redskins RB Ladell Betts.

Orlindo Mare may be released by the Dolphins and several teams would have interest, including the Packers, Giants, Redskins, Falcons, Chiefs and 49ers.

M1Koter
03-07-2007, 10:31 AM

I'm with you, it's just completly beyond me why anyone would want that to happen

umphrey
03-07-2007, 11:00 AM
I didn't really want to make a new thread for this, but this made me laugh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Carroll

M1Koter
03-07-2007, 11:38 AM
I didn't really want to make a new thread for this, but this made me laugh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Carroll

yeah I read that a couple weeks ago, funny, "0 packer fans were sad to see him leave" or something like that, good stuff

princefielder28
03-07-2007, 02:25 PM

First of all, Brett Favre is still the Packers QB so Rodgers will sit the sideline for atleast another year. Randy Moss has not played very hard in Oakland so he's fairly fresh and can still produce at a high level. Back to Rodgers, you can say he hasn't played meaningful football yet so we don't know what he can do, but I don't ever remember an istance in the pre-season where I said "Man this guy can play." There's a reason why he feel down to the Packers two years ago, and that's becuase he has questionable mechanics and an average arm. Ask Mike McCarthy he's the one who was way against taking Rodgers back when he was in San Fran. Ingle Martin is always a possibly to play too becuase although he ended his career at Furman U he started his career at Florida nad you have to be pretty darn good to go there. Martin is in the same boat as Rodgers, we don't really know what either can do. But don't come on here and ask why the hell we're talking about Moss for Rodgers when you crown Rodgers as the future of this franchise when we haven't seen anything from Rodgers that would make us think that once Brett is gone that he'll get the job done. Plus, Green Bay can draft a QB this year too and that QB would have a year to learn the system and a year to learn from one of the greatest, #4.

roughrider30
03-07-2007, 02:50 PM
packerschatter

Joe Horn will be in Green Bay for a visit Thursday or Friday. If Horn is signed the Packers would no longer have interest in trading for Randy Moss. I was told the Pack would only look to Horn for no more then 2 years. Horn has ties to Mike McCarthy and would be a nice fit in the Packers offense and in the locker room (just my opinion). I heard the Packers will make an offer to Horn before he leaves Green Bay, and I was also told the Packers are the team that tops his "wish list".

This seems pretty unlikey now, I just saw on ESPNEWS that Horn passed a phyiscal and is still in discussion with the Falcons, which is Horn's first choice of where to go.

GadoR'Savior
03-07-2007, 02:53 PM
First of all, Brett Favre is still the Packers QB so Rodgers will sit the sideline for atleast another year. Randy Moss has not played very hard in Oakland so he's fairly fresh and can still produce at a high level. Back to Rodgers, you can say he hasn't played meaningful football yet so we don't know what he can do, but I don't ever remember an istance in the pre-season where I said "Man this guy can play." There's a reason why he feel down to the Packers two years ago, and that's becuase he has questionable mechanics and an average arm. Ask Mike McCarthy he's the one who was way against taking Rodgers back when he was in San Fran. Ingle Martin is always a possibly to play too becuase although he ended his career at Furman U he started his career at Florida nad you have to be pretty darn good to go there. Martin is in the same boat as Rodgers, we don't really know what either can do. But don't come on here and ask why the hell we're talking about Moss for Rodgers when you crown Rodgers as the future of this franchise when we haven't seen anything from Rodgers that would make us think that once Brett is gone that he'll get the job done. Plus, Green Bay can draft a QB this year too and that QB would have a year to learn the system and a year to learn from one of the greatest, #4.

BINGO!!! Prince everything you just said was right on the money!

johbur
03-07-2007, 03:20 PM
I'll have to add some love for TT later. I see all the stupid money being thrown around (hey Vikings, I'm sure Bobby Wade for $15M will really turn your club around...) and am glad we are not engaging in that. Nate Clements would have been a nice addition and made a formidible DB corps, but for $80M w/ $22M guaranteed, I'm quite pleased TT has let this period pass. It's better than paying $50M for some guards that aren't even Pro-Bowlers, much less All-Pros...

I would like to see Justin Giffith signed, as well as pick up Randy McMichael.

I would have been OK with Green for $5M a year, but I'm interested to see what RB the Packers draft now. Maybe Chris Henry in the 4th...

Mwkick
03-07-2007, 04:12 PM
The last four posts have been right on...
I'm beginning to like this site.

RockJock07
03-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Prince, I agree that Moss can still play at a high level but giving away a potential franchise QB is just a bad idea. I know we don't know what we have and that's the exact reason why I think we shouldn't trade him. I never said that I wanted to crown Rodgers as the starter when Favre retires but he is still young and until you know what you have, you just can't trade him away. As far as mechanics and arm strengh, i don't know enought about those things to comment on them. I just think sending Rodgers to Oakland would be like throwing away our 1st rounder from two years ago for a guy who could potentially be great again.

Secondly, The pre-season is a joke and shouldn't be counted for anything and in addition to that, it's to hard to judge a player progress. Rodgers may not have had great games during the PS, but who really does, and if they do, is it because they are playing against guys who should be on the practice squad?

Thridly, I agree with you that they need to draft another QB to compete with Martin and learn the offense.

I want Randy Moss on the Packers, but not if the price is to high and I think giving up on Rodgers now would be a terrible mistake. But that's just me.

jackalope
03-07-2007, 04:52 PM

Grade= C
Had two good picks late in the draft, but the rest was TERRIBLE!Grade=F our first day was a joke.

Aaron Rodgers is the future of our team until he proves otherwise. trading him for Moss would be stupid.

neko4
03-07-2007, 05:01 PM
My new mock draft involves a bunch of trades and a Drew Stanton pick

GadoR'Savior
03-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Ingel> A-Rod!! Ingel is a great athlete nice arm, good size and the only reason he left Florida was because they recuited the best QB in the Nation coming out of high school Chris Leak. I think he ran like a 4.6 40 i think to at the combine last year. Not to forget he just has a tight first name haha. If they trade A-Rod they can just draft another QB to learn under Favre for a year like Kolb, Stanton

princefielder28
03-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Prince, I agree that Moss can still play at a high level but giving away a potential franchise QB is just a bad idea. I know we don't know what we have and that's the exact reason why I think we shouldn't trade him. I never said that I wanted to crown Rodgers as the starter when Favre retires but he is still young and until you know what you have, you just can't trade him away. As far as mechanics and arm strengh, i don't know enought about those things to comment on them. I just think sending Rodgers to Oakland would be like throwing away our 1st rounder from two years ago for a guy who could potentially be great again.

Secondly, The pre-season is a joke and shouldn't be counted for anything and in addition to that, it's to hard to judge a player progress. Rodgers may not have had great games during the PS, but who really does, and if they do, is it because they are playing against guys who should be on the practice squad?

Thridly, I agree with you that they need to draft another QB to compete with Martin and learn the offense.

I want Randy Moss on the Packers, but not if the price is to high and I think giving up on Rodgers now would be a terrible mistake. But that's just me.

You talked about potential with both Moss and Rodgers. Moss has played at the highest level with great success and we know what he COULD do, but with Rodgers he has no track record and he COULD be anywhere froma 1st round bust to a franchise quarterback but he hasn't proven he can be the latter of the two right now

princefielder28
03-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Ingel> A-Rod!! Ingel is a great athlete nice arm, good size and the only reason he left Florida was because they recuited the best QB in the Nation coming out of high school Chris Leak. I think he ran like a 4.6 40 i think to at the combine last year. Not to forget he just has a tight first name haha. If they trade A-Rod they can just draft another QB to learn under Favre for a year like Kolb, Stanton

Like the two QB options at the end, especially Stanton :)

Whistler6
03-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Kolb would look pretty stupid on the back of a Green Bay jersey...there haha that's my 2 cents

PACKmanN
03-07-2007, 11:39 PM
WOW! you guys have to have to belive that Rodgers is the guy because TT does.

M1Koter
03-08-2007, 10:36 AM
You talked about potential with both Moss and Rodgers. Moss has played at the highest level with great success and we know what he COULD do, but with Rodgers he has no track record and he COULD be anywhere froma 1st round bust to a franchise quarterback but he hasn't proven he can be the latter of the two right now

you still don't just trade away the guy who looks to be your future, farve didn't prove anything in atlanta before we traded for him. Moss is washed up, I hate him and I do not want to see the future of our offense leave so farve can throw to Moss for a season

JF4
03-08-2007, 11:56 AM

I thought he was a punter when he was at Florida.