PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

ds8582
03-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I thought he was a punter when he was at Florida.

He did punt but he was recruited as a QB.

princefielder28
03-08-2007, 02:06 PM
you still don't just trade away the guy who looks to be your future, farve didn't prove anything in atlanta before we traded for him. Moss is washed up, I hate him and I do not want to see the future of our offense leave so farve can throw to Moss for a season

Favre in Atlanta is a terrible argument to compare him to Rodgers. Brett coming out of college had a rocket arm but some interesting mechanics and he hadn't done anything for anybody to think less of him. Rodgers doesn't have that great of an arm and his feet aren't that quick and he hasn't shown the Packers anything in the preseason to give them reasons to trust him once Favre steps down.

PacMan
03-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Rodgers is NOT the future of our franchise!! He has done nothing to be called that. Our O-Line, Jennings, Collins, Kampman, Jenkins, etc. etc. those are the future. They have proven themselves so far. Not supplying are stud QB Favre with the proper talent NOW would be stupid. As far as Im concerned Ingle Martin has shown more because every time Rodgers has stepped on the field he has fumbled thrown a pick or get sacked. Yes I said it. You can call me out by name if you wish you coward. Get over him. Yes he was a 1st round pick but so was Ahmad Carrol.

Also STOP making new threads that are completely irrelevant to what's going on. Joe Horn has 2 threads and he never even came to GB. If you're unhappy with TT's inaction so far post a comment on this thread or the TT lovestravaganza one. There is already a bunch of garbage on here.

I am happy there is finally a 2 sided argumeny here. It reminds me of the whole Hawk or Mario argument last year. I say Rodgers for Moss all the way to the bank!!!!

TitleTown088
03-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Rodgers is NOT the future of our franchise!! He has done nothing to be called that. Our O-Line, Jennings, Collins, Kampman, Jenkins, etc. etc. those are the future. They have proven themselves so far. Not supplying are stud QB Favre with the proper talent NOW would be stupid. As far as Im concerned Ingle Martin has shown more because every time Rodgers has stepped on the field he has fumbled thrown a pick or get sacked. Yes I said it. You can call me out by name if you wish you coward. Get over him. Yes he was a 1st round pick but so was Ahmad Carrol.

Also STOP making new threads that are completely irrelevant to what's going on. Joe Horn has 2 threads and he never even came to GB. If you're unhappy with TT's inaction so far post a comment on this thread or the TT lovestravaganza one. There is already a bunch of garbage on here.

I am happy there is finally a 2 sided argumeny here. It reminds me of the whole Hawk or Mario argument last year. I say Rodgers for Moss all the way to the bank!!!!

Yeah, he hasn't done anything yet to indicate he's going to be the packers future huh? Kinda hard to do that in two quarters off football. The jury is still out on Rodgers and people need to stop saying he is, or isn't the future because he hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet.

jpapa4490
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
I can see where people want moss but why are people sold on him being a savior for us. Some people are completely oblivious to the other side of moss's history. UPs- Great size and speed and great deep threat.
Downs- Horrible personality and could be a bad influence on a young franchise. To be honest don't TT to make this move. GB is on the rise and will only get better and getting moss is to much of a risk IMO.

princefielder28
03-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Hallelujiah!!!!

princefielder28
03-08-2007, 04:14 PM
I can see where people want moss but why are people sold on him being a savior for us. Some people are completely oblivious to the other side of moss's history. UPs- Great size and speed and great deep threat.
Downs- Horrible personality and could be a bad influence on a young franchise. To be honest don't TT to make this move. GB is on the rise and will only get better and getting moss is to much of a risk IMO.

But if there's one person Moss respects in this league it is Brett Favre and Moss will not ruin the chemistry on this team b/c he knows who's in charge and he'll keep his mouth shut

roughrider30
03-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah, he hasn't done anything yet to indicate he's going to be the packers future huh? Kinda hard to do that in two quarters off football. The jury is still out on Rodgers and people need to stop saying he is, or isn't the future because he hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet.

I think that Rodgers can still go either way, but i would give up the chance that he could replace Favre to get a player like Moss to help us win right now with Favre still there. Theres no telling that Favre is going to retire even after this next year, especially if they have a good year this year and show continued improvement. I think moving Rodgers would be best for the Packers and for him. Letting Rodgers sit another would only hinder his development more and sending him to Oakland would give him an opportunity to start. As it is Rodgers has sat 2 years and it will take time for him to get down the endurance for a whole season, let alone getting used to playing in the NFL. If he sits another season it would mean that it has been even longer since he played a meaningful game or string of games. I'm not sure if he can jump right in and play a whole season after sitting 3 seasons. I would take my chances and trade him for Moss than draft another QB this year.

RockJock07
03-08-2007, 04:46 PM
This is insane, PacMan, Ingle Martin has shown more promise then Rodgers? Where do you guys come up with this stuff? The bottom line is that you don't trade POTENTIAL franchise QB's away. In Green Bay we have been spoiled with one for 16 years now, now you guys just wanna give up on Rodgers because he fumbled a snap or got sacked in a meaningless pre-season game or blow-out loss. Come on, give me a break.

Look how hard it is to find a franchise QB. Who thought Brett Favre was a franchise QB? not one damn person did. Chicago and Miami haven't had stable QB's for a while now and we MAY have one and before he takes the field with the #1 offense in a meaningful game you wanted him traded for a vet. with alot of question marks that may not be with the team after brett retires. I just don't understand that logic at all.

I want Moss to be a Packer, but not if it costs us Rodgers. GM's not only have to think about the upcoming year, but years to come, and until we see Rodgers in a meaningful game we'll never know what he is and trading him would be a bad move.

GadoR'Savior
03-08-2007, 04:47 PM

Great post, im right there with ya!!

GadoR'Savior
03-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Hey we already let are franchise QB go (Craig Nall) at least when he was in in the preseason or in blowouts he played decent. I like A-Rod bout he really isnt that special and if you remember every player that has ever had his college QB coach has busted every first round one! (I forgot the coaches name)
I think Ryan Leaf
Akili Smith
Joey Harrington
Kyle Boller (which i still think he is great and needs to be a packer)
and theres more that i cant remember

M1Koter
03-08-2007, 05:13 PM

Are you calling me a coward becasue were having argument? I'll agree that he has no experience and has not proven himself but to say you want to trade him and depend on marting ingle as the qb that would proceed favre is just rediculus, I'm not making any treads, and I wanted hawk last year. Yess, see you guys later going on vacation to the UP, snowmobiling and visiting Northern Michigan for college, peace

jpapa4490
03-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Hey we already let are franchise QB go (Craig Nall) at least when he was in in the preseason or in blowouts he played decent. I like A-Rod bout he really isnt that special and if you remember every player that has ever had his college QB coach has busted every first round one! (I forgot the coaches name)
I think Ryan Leaf
Akili Smith
Joey Harrington
Kyle Boller (which i still think he is great and needs to be a packer)
and theres more that i cant remember

Remember the Penn state RB curse, then BOOM, larry johnson

GadoR'Savior
03-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Haha true. Well these are the 1st rounders produced by Jeff Tedford; Akili Smith, Trent Dilfer, Joey Harrington, David Carr, and Kyle Boller. Sad to say that Dilfer has had the best career out of all them. Carr was just placed on a bad team and Boller just didn't have WR or time to learn under a older QB.

If they trade Rodgers we trade for Boller a year behind McNair and Favre he will be the star we really should be...IMO and i bet im the only one haha

TitleTown088
03-08-2007, 06:44 PM
I think that Rodgers can still go either way, but i would give up the chance that he could replace Favre to get a player like Moss to help us win right now with Favre still there. Theres no telling that Favre is going to retire even after this next year, especially if they have a good year this year and show continued improvement. I think moving Rodgers would be best for the Packers and for him. Letting Rodgers sit another would only hinder his development more and sending him to Oakland would give him an opportunity to start. As it is Rodgers has sat 2 years and it will take time for him to get down the endurance for a whole season, let alone getting used to playing in the NFL. If he sits another season it would mean that it has been even longer since he played a meaningful game or string of games. I'm not sure if he can jump right in and play a whole season after sitting 3 seasons. I would take my chances and trade him for Moss than draft another QB this year.

What the hell has Moss done lately to prove he stil has the abililty to produce like he used to? Don't give me this " he plays for Oakland" BS. He dosen't try or work hard and it is starting to catch up with him. He does not belong in GB.

Mwkick
03-08-2007, 06:49 PM
I really don't think Rodgers is the future. He's so damn indecisive. At least Favre didn't hesitate. Atlanta knew he had talent, Glanville just didn't like his attitude.

I agree with PacMan. Even tho it's pointless to even discuss this trade because all the "experts" say there's no validity to the report. Oakland doesnt' want Rodgers. And like I said earlier, no sane man would. he's a back up at best. And even then I like Martin...even tho TT should have drafted Gradkowski.

I want moss. And all those haters....by week 2 you'd love him in Green and Gold.

GadoR'Savior
03-08-2007, 07:15 PM
This isn't cuz of this forum cuz most the people on here have common sense bout i was readin a few other Packer forums
Im not sure if its me but it drive anyone crazy, like nuts when people talk about someone not being a packer person!?!?! Or doesnt belong in Green Bay cuz he has off field problems and stuff like that. Not callin u out Titletown cuz i get what ur say cuz he hasnt tryed and u think he wont try here, which i unsterstand your point of view and respect it, but i just mean in general.

Green Bay is the best place in the league for a trouble maker cuz there aint sh*t to do in Green Bay to get yourself in trouble, second winning is more important than someone havin an attitude. If anyone believes in "Packer people" then there is no reason in hell u should have been an Ahman "beat my wife" Green fan. Which i know EVERY single one was! Hyprocrites.

People always talk bout how we cant draft someone or sign someone cause there not Packer people. Which if that person can make the team better give him a chance. Like Pac-man Jones, would you give him a chance?? I sure as hell will. If hes in Green Bay the only time he'd get in trouble is durin the off-season.

Just to let you know im also a Bengals fan, so i've seen both sides and i mean the Packers and Bengals ar TOTAL extremes haha so maybe thats why it bugs me so much.

jackalope
03-08-2007, 07:16 PM
i don't believe that this is a meaningful argument as i don't think the trade will happen anyways, but this is getting ridiculous. saying that Rodgers hasn't proven anything is stupid because he hasn't gotten the chance. the few games that he's gone into were already lost and we didn't have any chance of getting back into them. he wasn't spectacular last preseason but he played pretty well and didn't make too many mistakes. why would we want to trade away a first round pick, who hasn't done anything wrong, for a receiver with an attitude problem that hasn't done anything over the last few years. like i said before, Aaron Rodgers is our future QB until he proves otherwise.

GadoR'Savior
03-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Well im pretty sure Hasselback, Brooks, Nall (well hes stuck behind Buffalo's Franchise now but yeah) and others at least kinda have shown somethin when they have had a very little opurtunity! To me he has shown as much as Tim Couch bout with more oppurtunity that he hasnt shown anything. But that trade WILL NOT happen so we shouldnt fight over the trade but the point if he is the future or not! I think he should prob get a chance but i dont care he doesnt. I like Stanton more and well lets not forget I started a Ingel Martin Fan club durin the season with all my friends we almost had some jerseys made! haha it was more of a joke bout i still like him.

Point is THIS season he needs to prove his worth with EVERY SINGLE LITTLE oppurtunity he gets no matter how big or small. If we dont see anything showin hes it well start lookin around. I want him succeed but i just have feelin he wont.

Bold prediction Ingel shows more this pre-season

neko4
03-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Really Rodgers and Stanton are about equal when it comes to their draft value. Rodgers was picked in a bad QB year and had he been drafted this year would have been competing w/ Stanton to try and be the 3rd QB picked.

Mwkick
03-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Gado I agree almost completely. Regardless of the situation you're put in, you should at least prove something. You're giving Rodgers the same excuse people say you shouldn't give moss. That offense was pathetic. Name ONE person in that offense that shined. You can't. Rodgers played garbage time, but still looked awful. I'm just saying. Even that Titans preseason game...they had their starters in. He played all but one series and looked horrible. I don't know when he has shown ANY promise, regardless of the situation.

I'm not arguing over the trade. It won't happen anyway. I'm just saying if that's our future, we better be ready to run the ball and build up that defense.

As for the "Green Bay" types of players....if you hate Moss for his off the field character, then you have to be distraught over last year'sKoren Robinson signing???? Seriously, that's a lame excuse. Get off the nice guy things. Favre was a drug addict. Ahman beat his wife. Rison and Eugene Robinson weren't the best character guys. Sharper is a man-*****. The last character guy was William Henderson...

neko4
03-08-2007, 07:57 PM
And Gado had high character

RockJock07
03-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I think its an interesting discussion and until TT makes a move, we have nothing else to talk about.

Speaking of that, Randy McMichael signed with the Rams according to ESPN, so he's gone. I'm not worried that TT isn't doing anything in Free Agency, but he better have one hell of a draft lined up.

If TT signs Griffth and trades for moss i'm ok with that, but he still has alot of work to do in the draft, like finding a third corner, a franchise back and another back to compete with Herron, and another pass rusher, a Wide Reciever, and maybe another OLB.

I just hope that his inactivity is for a reason.

GadoR'Savior
03-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Im not going to lie i much rather get Meachem than Moss. Moss is at the end of his prime and like title always says he hasn't tried the last 2 years, so we dont know if he is the playmaker he once was, sure he can still make big plays but i think of Meachem is alot like Walker from what I've seen of him and thats who we are trying to replace.

This draft is loaded with quality safteys so we dont need that automatically in the first round TE Olsen is good but we need a guy who can block also so we dont need him in the 1st rd. RB who knows if Marshawn falls to us but if he doesn't there are many guys that are 3 rounders who'd fit perfect in ZBS like a Pittman, Bradshaw, Hunt.

I dont like that TT has pretty much said we dont want to win this year but just build though the draft actually i think its almost disrespectful 2 Favre all that he has done for this team and in his last chance to get another ring they wont give him players to make almost possible.

As of right now you cant make a run with what we have on offense

Catching the ball: Driver Jennings and Franks
Running the ball: Morency, Heeron, Beach

You MUST get another wide reciever to open up the field for driver to get ride of doubles (driver is an animal 1 on 1) then Jennings will get all kinds of mismatches in the slot.

I believe in Morency but he does need a complament, remember next years RB class is loaded unless most decide to stay for there senior seasons. So we can afford not to get Lynch and just pick up a guy later who can be a good compliment and maybe break out like Jones-Drew and we wont need to draft another one.

ds8582
03-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Well im pretty sure Hasselback, Brooks, Nall (well hes stuck behind Buffalo's Franchise now but yeah) and others at least kinda have shown somethin when they have had a very little opurtunity! To me he has shown as much as Tim Couch bout with more oppurtunity that he hasnt shown anything. But that trade WILL NOT happen so we shouldnt fight over the trade but the point if he is the future or not! I think he should prob get a chance but i dont care he doesnt. I like Stanton more and well lets not forget I started a Ingel Martin Fan club durin the season with all my friends we almost had some jerseys made! haha it was more of a joke bout i still like him.

Point is THIS season he needs to prove his worth with EVERY SINGLE LITTLE oppurtunity he gets no matter how big or small. If we dont see anything showin hes it well start lookin around. I want him succeed but i just have feelin he wont.

Bold prediction Ingel shows more this pre-season

Against 3rd string players!!!

ds8582
03-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Rob Davis is high character!!

jpapa4490
03-09-2007, 10:05 AM
According to Packerupdate the packers had Former Cincy cornerback Tory James in for a visit on Thursday.

ds8582
03-09-2007, 10:13 AM
He'd be a decent 3rd corner.

RockJock07
03-09-2007, 12:10 PM
What's the lastest with Griffith, is he close to signing? I'd be ok with James a nickle corner but i still think TT should draft another CB in the later round.

ds8582
03-09-2007, 01:45 PM
What's the lastest with Griffith, is he close to signing? I'd be ok with James a nickle corner but i still think TT should draft another CB in the later round.

Griffith is supposed to sign by Monday. I heard this from Joe Arrigo, although he said earlier in the week that he was supposed to by today.

neko4
03-09-2007, 01:55 PM
The thing I have about drafting a WR in the first is how will Jennings feel about this, I'd hate to draft a WR and then Jennings want out and then the next year that WR become a bust. With Moss or another vet, jennings understands that its only temporary

princefielder28
03-09-2007, 02:13 PM
The thing I have about drafting a WR in the first is how will Jennings feel about this, I'd hate to draft a WR and then Jennings want out and then the next year that WR become a bust. With Moss or another vet, jennings understands that its only temporary

Greg Jennings wouldn't ask to be traded; he's a team first type player and he'd still get his looks at WR so it wouldn't be a big deal.

GadoR'Savior
03-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Jennings is smart enough to know that a team needs more than 2 wr's who can catch the ball, if i am him im excited 4 it gives him better match ups weather he is the number 2 or 3 wr. Its easy for a team to stop 2 WR's but 3 and a decent TE (we dont have) opens it up for bigger plays. He wants to win games, he has to much character to act like Walker from what i've seen. Hes not a big headed @ss i mean like Javon ;)

neko4
03-09-2007, 08:53 PM
I see, I just didnt know whether or not he was a Moss or Harrison

PacMan
03-10-2007, 08:31 AM
so apparently people are complaining to Bob Harlan about us getting Moss. They're saying we're too classy of a team, blah, blah, blah. Last time I checked, football was about winning. The classiest team doesn't get an award at the end of the season. The best team does. Randy Moss makes our team better. He can (not necessarily will) help us get back to the playoffs and/or super bowl. Restructuring his contract so he's here for 2-3 years would ensure that he won't destroy the "future" of our franchise.

Also there's an article on jsonline about us trying to get Donnie Edwards. However Edwards is a middle LB. They're saying maybe Barnett might be ready to holdout or something. Holdouts are sooo classy.

GadoR'Savior
03-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Any fan who cares bout class more than winning should be beatin! haha Idiots i mean how can people be so dumb?

princefielder28
03-10-2007, 11:51 AM
so apparently people are complaining to Bob Harlan about us getting Moss. They're saying we're too classy of a team, blah, blah, blah. Last time I checked, football was about winning. The classiest team doesn't get an award at the end of the season. The best team does. Randy Moss makes our team better. He can (not necessarily will) help us get back to the playoffs and/or super bowl. Restructuring his contract so he's here for 2-3 years would ensure that he won't destroy the "future" of our franchise.

Also there's an article on jsonline about us trying to get Donnie Edwards. However Edwards is a middle LB. They're saying maybe Barnett might be ready to holdout or something. Holdouts are sooo classy.

First of all Nick Barnett said publicly on Jime Rome that he has a contract to honor and he would never hold b/c he's still on contract regardless of an extension. Moss would help the Packers as long as Brett Favre is here b/c Moss respects Favre and he knows who runs the show. Donnie Edwards played MLB in a 3-4 defense but I really think that he could move outside where Brady currently starts

neko4
03-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Football should be classy, winning isnt everything, but, Moss, if he comes to GB will be classy b/c he has no choice than to be classy or he'll get cut and I doubt anybody would want him again. (except oakland)
*Bad use of commas

sik wit it
03-10-2007, 02:20 PM
in the words of the late great Vince, "Winnings isn't everything, it is the only thing."

neko4
03-10-2007, 02:49 PM
in the words of the late great Vince, "Winnings isn't everything, it is the only thing."

Also in Vince's words as said by Homer simpson, "Win or you're out of the family!" If the great Vince says it, it shall be done.

roughrider30
03-10-2007, 03:28 PM
isnt this somewhat like the whole Andre Rison controversy back in 96? He was a troubled WR and was known as a team killer and was brought together with Favre and look what happened a Super Bowl. I could care less if our team isn't classy enough if we are winning games. Since when does being classy bring in Championships?

neko4
03-10-2007, 05:38 PM
So wats up w/ this rep stuff

Rodgers and Lynch_07
03-10-2007, 05:40 PM
So wats up w/ this rep stuff

idk, i don't understand the point of it.

neko4
03-10-2007, 06:39 PM
W/ SD getting new unis whats everybody's fav GB one and do we need new ones. I like our jerseys and believe we should keep them, but I've always wanted to see us play a game with the yellow jerseys. I always wonered what it would look like in real life

princefielder28
03-10-2007, 10:26 PM
W/ SD getting new unis whats everybody's fav GB one and do we need new ones. I like our jerseys and believe we should keep them, but I've always wanted to see us play a game with the yellow jerseys. I always wonered what it would look like in real life

I think the Packers should wear Red jerseys for a game like the QB practice ones

PACKmanN
03-10-2007, 10:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkOLjXM2KU4 good reasons why u should sit ur qbs and why Rodgers will be good in the future.

johbur
03-11-2007, 12:53 AM

http://www.packers.com/history/fast_facts/uniform_history/1939/

I'll take this classic. The 60's jerseys were nice, and #4 & #92 made the updated green and gold special, but I dig this classic from Don Hutson at the precipice of WWII.

TitleTown088
03-11-2007, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkOLjXM2KU4 good reasons why u should sit ur qbs and why Rodgers will be good in the future.
Your asking me to take sports advice from a women?

GadoR'Savior
03-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Im with you titletown i've seen her before and she doesnt know whats she talking about for the most part, i mean its almost like shes teaching sports to 1st graders. AShe didnt even know when Rodgers was pick "like 28.....25" and other staments like the "Packers arent that good but that will change when he gets in there" pretty sure Favre gives them a better chance to win

neko4
03-11-2007, 02:39 PM
CAL Homerist

ds8582
03-11-2007, 03:34 PM

Don't expect to see her replacing Mayock or Kiper anytime soon.

princefielder28
03-11-2007, 05:56 PM

HAHA, funny stuff

M1Koter
03-11-2007, 06:23 PM

yeah, she annoyed me real quick

The Legend
03-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Vernand Morency i have a feeling will be the surprise of this year

im really big on this kid

princefielder28
03-11-2007, 07:54 PM

I think he's a strong #2 back, but to have him take the majority of the carries would be a mistake. Packers will probably go with the system Chicago and Indy used with their RBs

M1Koter
03-11-2007, 08:03 PM

I could really see him running 1000 yards but not 1500 yards, there needs to be another back of some sort, maybe a second or third rounder to split the carries with, IDK, just throwing suggestions out there

jackalope
03-11-2007, 08:20 PM
i like Morency also but I'm not too confident with him as our feature back.

M1Koter
03-11-2007, 08:22 PM
i like Morency also but I'm not too confident with him as our feature back.

thats basically where I'm at

princefielder28
03-11-2007, 08:44 PM
I could really see him running 1000 yards but not 1500 yards, there needs to be another back of some sort, maybe a second or third rounder to split the carries with, IDK, just throwing suggestions out there

definitely!!!

neko4
03-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Pacman anyone?With all the controversy he might get released or be an easy trade

someone447
03-11-2007, 10:05 PM
NONONONONONONONONONONONO. He has way too much trouble with the law. He has had 10 incidents since coming into the league. He isn't going to stop. He reminds me of DH from Playmakers.

TitleTown088
03-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Pacman anyone?With all the controversy he might get released or be an easy trade
hell no

anyways... check it out..
http://cheeseandpackers.blogspot.com/2007/03/what-you-missed-live-show.html

M1Koter
03-12-2007, 01:31 PM
hell no

anyways... check it out..
http://cheeseandpackers.blogspot.com/2007/03/what-you-missed-live-show.html

I'm at school and it won't work, what does it say?

princefielder28
03-12-2007, 02:21 PM

He's TROUBLE!!!!!!

GB12
03-12-2007, 03:03 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=575905

Best FA signings in Packer history. Looks good except Hannible Navies on the honerable mentions.

ds8582
03-12-2007, 03:07 PM

Best FA signings in Packer history. Looks good except Hannible Navies on the honerable mentions.

Where's Joe Johnson?? and also if Navies is listed then Woodson should be too.

GB12
03-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Where's Joe Johnson?? and also if Navies is listed then Woodson should be too.

For Woodson Players signed in 2006 weren't considered because their careers in Green Bay have been so brief.

princefielder28
03-12-2007, 04:44 PM

Hannible didn't produce enough to get considered

jackalope
03-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Pacman anyone?With all the controversy he might get released or be an easy tradeno, not at all. Pacman's the kind of player we should avoid.

Jim Jim
03-12-2007, 06:54 PM
How did the Frank Walker visit go?

princefielder28
03-12-2007, 07:41 PM
How did the Frank Walker visit go?

It's tough to tell with Green Bay in FA and any potential signing, but I'm sure Walker is looking for a price and the Packers are looking to pay a specific prince for a #3 CB and they haven't hit a median if they are still talking

Gravedigger42
03-12-2007, 08:05 PM
That D-line brings back great memories. I'm sure some will disagree but that was one of the best in NFL history.

Jones, Dotson, Brown, White

Opposing offenses must've been scared ****less.

neko4
03-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I think Howard should be #2, considering he was less than a mil

Football Fan
03-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Probably shouldnt put this here but whatever.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=576312

Whistler6
03-13-2007, 01:18 AM
that article gives me a little rise

PACKmanN
03-13-2007, 10:56 AM
its really getting me mad everytime i go to a packers forum all i see is ppl bashing TT, it happens every year.

M1Koter
03-13-2007, 11:20 AM
its really getting me mad everytime i go to a packers forum all i see is ppl bashing TT, it happens every year.

I hate it to, your sig says it all!!

ds8582
03-13-2007, 12:29 PM
I hate it to, your sig says it all!!

Love the mantra under your sig.

PacMan
03-13-2007, 01:02 PM
So let's talk about Nick Barnett. He's gone public with the fact that he wants a new contract. If anyone on this team deserves one it's him. He's plays hard all the time and is very talented and young. he had to deal with 3 new coordinators and defensive schemes in 3 years. He watched his first practice from across the street because he wasn't allowed on the field yet for cryin out loud. I hope TT gets this taken care of. He has been a bright spot on this team and will be for years to come.

Smokey
03-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Agreed - Barnett should be signed to a long term extension, front loaded since we currently are sitting on a pile of cap room. He's high character, a leader, plays hurt (last year's club), and until AJ came along was the stand out in terms of tackles. He should definitely be signed to a lucrative extension.

TitleTown088
03-13-2007, 01:35 PM
I think the FO is waiting to see what happens w/ Moss before they decide on how to structure Barnett's contract. If they don't get Moss they will probably frontload the hell outta it I would assume.

princefielder28
03-13-2007, 02:04 PM
I think the FO is waiting to see what happens w/ Moss before they decide on how to structure Barnett's contract. If they don't get Moss they will probably frontload the hell outta it I would assume.

Yeah that would probably be the case

jackalope
03-13-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm in agreement about Barnett. We should definitely extend him for a number of years.

Empire
03-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Looks like we got Walker:

MILWAUKEE -- The Green Bay Packers signed free agent cornerback Frank Walker to a one-year deal that could be worth nearly $1.5 million with incentives, agent Harold Lewis said Tuesday.

Frank Walker
Walker

Lewis said Walker, who spent the past four seasons with the New York Giants, will compete for the Packers' nickel cornerback job next season.

Green Bay's Al Harris and Charles Woodson are one of the NFL's best starting cornerback tandems, but the Packers struggled to find a consistent third cornerback last season.

Lewis said Walker might have been the Giants' best coverage cornerback last season, but Giants coach Tom Coughlin believed Walker was too aggressive.

"He's tough," Lewis said. "Sometimes, a little too tough."

In November, Walker delivered a big hit on Tennessee Titans cornerback Vince Young on a fourth-down play but was called for a personal foul to extend the drive. The Titans went on to score a touchdown on the drive and won the game; Coughlin called the play "stupid."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2797432

TitleTown088
03-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Looks like we got Walker:

MILWAUKEE -- The Green Bay Packers signed free agent cornerback Frank Walker to a one-year deal that could be worth nearly $1.5 million with incentives, agent Harold Lewis said Tuesday.

Frank Walker
Walker

Lewis said Walker, who spent the past four seasons with the New York Giants, will compete for the Packers' nickel cornerback job next season.

Green Bay's Al Harris and Charles Woodson are one of the NFL's best starting cornerback tandems, but the Packers struggled to find a consistent third cornerback last season.

Lewis said Walker might have been the Giants' best coverage cornerback last season, but Giants coach Tom Coughlin believed Walker was too aggressive.

"He's tough," Lewis said. "Sometimes, a little too tough."

In November, Walker delivered a big hit on Tennessee Titans cornerback Vince Young on a fourth-down play but was called for a personal foul to extend the drive. The Titans went on to score a touchdown on the drive and won the game; Coughlin called the play "stupid."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2797432

Well, chalk us up champions already. Walker=superbowl.

princefielder28
03-13-2007, 08:53 PM

I smell a sense of sarcasm

neko4
03-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Its not like walker is superman, but a good pickup anyway

Empire
03-13-2007, 09:38 PM

Not sure what the purpose of the sarcasm was, but clearly Walker will have a positive effect on the secondary. He'll make a good nickel corner

bearsfan_51
03-13-2007, 10:12 PM
I would guess that anyone that the Packers draft is going to be the nickle.

Walker couldn't get playing time on a team that was starting R.W McQuarters.

Think about that.

R.W McQuarters.

You have no idea that he would be a good nickle corner. None. You just want him to be.

Moses
03-13-2007, 10:13 PM

Think about that.

R.W McQuarters.

You have no idea that he would be a good nickle corner. None. You just want him to be.

I'm still expecting Will Blackmon to step into the nickel spot if he can stay healthy. He's a baller.

Empire
03-13-2007, 10:25 PM

Think about that.

R.W McQuarters.

He's a veteran with more experience than a rookie that just got drafted. I'd rather have him be the nickel than a rookie.

GB12
03-13-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm still expecting Will Blackmon to step into the nickel spot if he can stay healthy. He's a baller.

yeah, i'm not big on Walker and still have high hopes for Blackmon. Not a bad signing, but by no means is it great.

Empire
03-13-2007, 10:37 PM
yeah, i'm not big on Walker and still have high hopes for Blackmon. Not a bad signing, but by no means is it great.

Blackmon will basically be a rookie next year because he got no experience playing in games last year. I don't know about you but I would want a veteran to hold down the fort at the nickel corner unless someone else steps up later in the year.

PACKmanN
03-13-2007, 10:54 PM

Think about that.

R.W McQuarters.

maybe if u read about him you will know why McQuarters was the nickel. Walker wasnt given playing time.

bearsfan_51
03-13-2007, 11:40 PM
maybe if u read about him you will know why McQuarters was the nickel. Walker wasnt given playing time.

And why do you think that is?

neko4
03-13-2007, 11:56 PM
TT only signed Walker to a one year deal correct? He is just a temporary need filler until Blackmon or someone else develops.

johbur
03-14-2007, 02:52 AM
Walker a solid athlete with 4.33 time at his combine. He'll be good on special teams like Ben Taylor and Tracy White. The roster is 53 deep, so you need guy who fill a role and can play teams, and who have experience playing to come in if a starter gets dinged. A guy who is really physical like Walker might do very well in GB's press coverage, versus Coughlin's defense.

Anyways, I am really hoping the Packers get a TE with some speed. The only "fast" one is Olsen, but the interview with Ben Patrick was a good one. He has better speed than Bubba, which isn't saying much. Just goes to show when you draft for need versus drafting BPA, that you end up taking a guy higher than he should have gone. bubba went to the Pro Bowl a couple times by default, but he's a #2 guy, that TE who can block and every now and then catch a pass. He is not a seam-splitting target, which I don't know if Patrick is either, but I think Patrick might be an Alge Crumpler guy, in that he blocks well, has good hands, and can get open. Also I'd like Tory Humphrey to do well in the off-season as the coaches were praising him as having the best hands on the team.

"Daniel "Bubba" Franks([dagger]) Miami (Fla.) 6-5, 265, 5.0(*)
Physical specimen who can do it all-block, catch and run. Could develop into a Pro Bowl-caliber performer Needs to improve his yards alter the catch. Could have used another year in college. Had a poor workout recently; he dropped a lot of balls and ran a slow 40."
5.0? We could send out just about any of our O-linemen to cover him. No wonder he had zero TDs last year.

TitleTown088
03-14-2007, 11:46 AM

Think about that.

R.W McQuarters.

Like stated earlier, Blackmon will be the nickel I would think.

Football Fan
03-15-2007, 12:58 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=577897

M1Koter
03-15-2007, 06:41 AM

thats good to see, I've liked Williams since the day we drafted him

neko4
03-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Leroy Butler and Robert Brooks to be team HOF's if anyone didnt hear it yet.

M1Koter
03-15-2007, 11:22 AM
yeah thats good new, Leroy was a great player and a great guy, glad to hear it. BTW did any one else read his book? I read it in 7th grade and I thought it was pretty good stuff

princefielder28
03-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Leroy Butler and Robert Brooks to be team HOF's if anyone didnt hear it yet.

They both deserve the honor

neko4
03-15-2007, 10:31 PM
yeah thats good new, Leroy was a great player and a great guy, glad to hear it. BTW did any one else read his book? I read it in 7th grade and I thought it was pretty good stuff

I ve wanted to, so we also signed exclusive rights to Herron, whatever that means

GB12
03-15-2007, 10:32 PM
I ve wanted to, so we also signed exclusive rights to Herron, whatever that means

It means that we reisigned him to a one year deal and the minimum.

Whistler6
03-16-2007, 11:48 AM
So Vic Carucci has Green Bay taking Kenny Irons with the 16th overall pick on NFl.com. hmm yeah I was thinking more of him in the 2nd round, but he is a good talent. I'm not sure about that mock tho. What do you all think?

ny10804
03-16-2007, 12:30 PM
So Vic Carucci has Green Bay taking Kenny Irons with the 16th overall pick on NFl.com. hmm yeah I was thinking more of him in the 2nd round, but he is a good talent. I'm not sure about that mock tho. What do you all think?

My take: good player to take by trading down in the first or second, bad player to take with the 16th pick. Great player to take with our second rounder.

princefielder28
03-16-2007, 01:59 PM
My take: good player to take by trading down in the first or second, bad player to take with the 16th pick. Great player to take with our second rounder.

Yes, 2ND ROUNDER!!!

PackAttack
03-16-2007, 05:43 PM
I still feel like Tony Hunt is our guy in the 2nd/3rd round.

This kid does it all...runs, catches, blocks. He has a very good first cut, is strong between the tackles, has good vision and, though he isn't a burner has a very good burst. He is a savvy route runner with good hands and blocks well. Very good ZBS prospect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFt_N9MLJu8

ds8582
03-16-2007, 07:08 PM

I saw that too. 2nd round would be awesome.

M1Koter
03-16-2007, 08:07 PM

This kid does it all...runs, catches, blocks. He has a very good first cut, is strong between the tackles, has good vision and, though he isn't a burner has a very good burst. He is a savvy route runner with good hands and blocks well. Very good ZBS prospect.

yeah I wasn't to sure about him and then from what I heard he had a pretty good senior bowl, I'd like to have him in the second if for one reason or another we didn't get lynch

cuzifelt1ikeit
03-16-2007, 08:37 PM
id much rather get ramonce taylor in the 4th or later

neko4
03-16-2007, 08:57 PM
id much rather get ramonce taylor in the 4th or later

Why gamble on him? Ramonce could be more "baggage" than needed if we get Moss. Hunt can do it all and is a powerful runner, he really impressed me in the senior bowl

cuzifelt1ikeit
03-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Why gamble on him? Ramonce could be more "baggage" than needed if we get Moss. Hunt can do it all and is a powerful runner, he really impressed me in the senior bowlyeah i think his "baggage" is no more then a carry on. its a risk reward type of thing and i have a feeling he will be drafted in the third

princefielder28
03-16-2007, 09:44 PM
yeah i think his "baggage" is no more then a carry on. its a risk reward type of thing and i have a feeling he will be drafted in the third

In the 3rd??? That's certainly a stretch!

princefielder28
03-16-2007, 09:45 PM

I wouldn't mind Tony; he had a successful career and a solid week at the Senior bowl

ny10804
03-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Lorenzo Booker is the guy I'm interested in the late 2nd, third round.

He fits the system very well at 5'10 3/8, 191. 4.46 40. 26 reps of 225.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPumoZFpl4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JlsnDcoNKtI

Empire
03-16-2007, 11:18 PM

Not really, the ZBS requires a RB to make one cut and run downhill. Booker is more in the mold of a poor man's Reggie Bush and dances too much. His talents would be wasted in our system.

ny10804
03-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Not really, the ZBS requires a RB to make one cut and run downhill. Booker is more in the mold of a poor man's Reggie Bush and dances too much. His talents would be wasted in our system.

I always thought the ZBS required small, quick RBs, much like Warrick Dunn and Jerius Norwood in ATL. I think thats one of the reasons Morency produced at a higher rate than Ahman this past year.

I still think he'd be good in our system.

Empire
03-16-2007, 11:41 PM
I always thought the ZBS required small, quick RBs, much like Warrick Dunn and Jerius Norwood in ATL. I think thats one of the reasons Morency produced at a higher rate than Ahman this past year.

I still think he'd be good in our system.

It is the lineman who have to be smaller and more athletic. All of them have to be able to move because the offensive line will often slant or move in a given direction on any given play. RB like Warrick Dunn are successful because they are one cut RB who are able to cut back very quickly. It is true that the running back has to be able to cut back, but he doesn't need to be small. As long as he has the athleticism to hit a hole when it appears, the RB will be successful. That is why guys like TJ Duckett couldn't do anything in Atlanta. He didn't have the agility to cut back like Dunn. Power running backs rarely work in the ZBS.

ny10804
03-16-2007, 11:46 PM
It is the lineman who have to be smaller and more athletic. All of them have to be able to move because the offensive line will often slant or move in a given direction on any given play. RB like Warrick Dunn are successful because they are one cut RB who are able to cut back very quickly. It is true that the running back has to be able to cut back, but he doesn't need to be small. As long as he has the athleticism to hit a hole when it appears, the RB will be successful. That is why guys like TJ Duckett couldn't do anything in Atlanta. He didn't have the agility to cut back like Dunn. Power running backs rarely work in the ZBS.

In terms of shear physical size, a smaller back would be advantageous in squeezing through small holes (talk about a double entendre). Booker is small, and his stengths are "agile and changes directions well...Patient runner with decent vision" and weaknesses "not very physical and won't break many tackles." (from Scott)

I don't know, seems like a good match to me...

Empire
03-16-2007, 11:53 PM
In terms of shear physical size, a smaller back would be advantageous in squeezing through small holes (talk about a double entendre). Booker is small, and his stengths are "agile and changes directions well...Patient runner with decent vision" and weaknesses "not very physical and won't break many tackles." (from Scott)

I don't know, seems like a good match to me...

I haven't seen him play too much so I might be mistaken on his style of play, but just based on his highlight reels and his scouting reports he wouldn't be a good fit. He's like Reggie Bush and dances around a lot. The ZBS requires the RB to make just one cut and then run downhill. Booker takes a lot more than one cut during his runs. It's true that he is agile, but he wouldn't be a good fit unless he severely altered his style of play.

I think this guy would make a much better fit for our system if miss Peterson and Lynch

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jFt_N9MLJu8

ny10804
03-16-2007, 11:58 PM
I haven't seen him play too much so I might be mistaken on his style of play, but just based on his highlight reels and his scouting reports he wouldn't be a good fit. He's like Reggie Bush and dances around a lot. The ZBS requires the RB to make just one cut and then run downhill. Booker takes a lot more than one cut during his runs. It's true that he is agile, but he wouldn't be a good fit unless he severely altered his style of play.

I think this guy would make a much better fit for our system if miss Peterson and Lynch

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jFt_N9MLJu8

I haven't seen much of Booker, but that one highlight versus ND is just that: one highlight. I'm sure he's not always like that. And reading his scouting report, he isn't.

And I agree Hunt would be a good fit also.

ny10804
03-17-2007, 12:05 AM
* Just realized something, FSU ran the ZBS last year. No doubt in my mind he would be a great fit for us.

Empire
03-17-2007, 01:20 AM
* Just realized something, FSU ran the ZBS last year. No doubt in my mind he would be a great fit for us.

You could very well be right. I hope someone who has watched Booker a lot could clear this up. It just seems like he dances too much for the ZBS from what I've seen, but I could be wrong.

TitleTown088
03-17-2007, 01:49 AM

Finally someone else sees it my way! Take him in the first, I don't care. I want Booker.

cuzifelt1ikeit
03-17-2007, 09:25 AM
just you tube ramonce taylor and you will see why i think he would be perfect for us

princefielder28
03-17-2007, 09:27 AM
just you tube ramonce taylor and you will see why i think he would be perfect for us

Physically there are some great athletes in this draft but there are some that have behavioral and mental weaknesses that may not translate well to the NFL and teams are not going to want to take risks on guys that are not sure bets outside of playing the game.

cuzifelt1ikeit
03-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Physically there are some great athletes in this draft but there are some that have behavioral and mental weaknesses that may not translate well to the NFL and teams are not going to want to take risks on guys that are not sure bets outside of playing the game.
well im all for him in anything past the 4th

neko4
03-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Ive seen alot of people on other team threads doing this...

QB-
Favre 89
Rodgers 78

HB-
Morency 81
Herron 74

WR-
Driver 95
Moss??? 88
Jennings 85
Ruvell Martin 75
Robinson 75

TE-
Bubba 79
Lee 76

OT-
Clifton 93
Tauscher 90
Moll 77

OG-
Spitz 83
Colldge 83

C-
Wells 88

DE-
Kampman 97
Jenkins 86
KGB 82

DT-
Pickett 89
Williams 81

OLB-
Hawk 90
Poppinga 77

MLB
Barnett 92
Hodge 73

CB
Harris 91
Woodson 87
Walker 75
Dendy 74

S
Collins 86
Underwood 76
Manuel 79

cordscords
03-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Ive seen alot of people on other team threads doing this...

QB-
Favre 89
Rodgers 78

HB-
Morency 81
Herron 74

WR-
Driver 95
Moss??? 88
Jennings 85
Ruvell Martin 75
Robinson 75

TE-
Bubba 79
Lee 76

OT-
Clifton 93
Tauscher 90
Moll 77

OG-
Spitz 83
Colldge 83

C-
Wells 88

DE-
Kampman 97
Jenkins 86
KGB 82

DT-
Pickett 89
Williams 81

OLB-
Hawk 90
Poppinga 77

MLB
Barnett 92
Hodge 73

CB
Harris 91
Woodson 87
Walker 75
Dendy 74

S
Collins 86
Underwood 76
Manuel 79

Not too bad! I could see those being pretty close to the Madden ratings.

ds8582
03-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Underwood a 76??? What are you basing that on??

Empire
03-17-2007, 04:20 PM

Packer fans may be in love with Underwood but the fact is that Underwood has never started a game in his life and is coming off of a season ending injury. A 76 is probably where he will be. There's now way Underwood gets anywhere near an 80.

Neko's list is actually pretty good and should be close to the actuals.

neko4
03-17-2007, 06:00 PM

Are you saying too high or low
Also gents, starting up another fantasy offseason type game entitled Draft Game v2

JF4
03-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Also gents, starting up another fantasy offseason type game entitled Draft Game v2

I'm pretty sure he his saying too high and I agree. Underwood has proved absolutely nothing in his limited time playing in actual regular season games. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but it's just that he hasn't an oppurtunity to do anything.

M1Koter
03-17-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm pretty sure he his saying too high and I agree. Underwood has proved absolutely nothing in his limited time playing in actual regular season games. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but it's just that he hasn't an oppurtunity to do anything.

I'm still interested in what he can do, I think he's got a chance to possibly start if he really comes to play at training camp

GB12
03-17-2007, 06:44 PM
VVV guess how I feel on Underwood

ds8582
03-17-2007, 06:49 PM

Too high!!

neko4
03-17-2007, 06:50 PM
VVV guess how I feel on Underwood

1000000000?

ds8582
03-17-2007, 06:52 PM
1000000000?

Maybe in NFL Europe.

GB12
03-17-2007, 07:41 PM
1000000000?

i wasn't talking about his rating, just how I generally feel about him. In madden he will be like 72.

jackalope
03-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Packers are looking to extend Corey Williams

M1Koter
03-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Packers are looking to extend Corey Williams

I really like Corey and hope he can improve into a starter here for years

princefielder28
03-18-2007, 05:31 PM
I really like Corey and hope he can improve into a starter here for years

I like what corey brings to the field every Sunday as well

johbur
03-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Count me out for liking Scott's new mock for the Packers.

I did find a player on NFL.com I am enamored of:

Western Oregon TE Kevin Boss had a phenomenal workout on March 16 in front of 12 NFL teams.

It's be nice to pick him up in the 5-6 round range.

Football Fan
03-19-2007, 02:43 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=579040

neko4
03-19-2007, 04:57 AM
They mentioned that the Browns got 8 players... doesnt seem like every year the Brownies get 5 or so... any Brownies on this site? Anyway I think in the end we'll get people teams cut that have a good chance and we might get players that were askig to much and didnt get signed

princefielder28
03-19-2007, 08:20 AM
If we don't sign many Free Agents and just go with the draft we will leave ourselves in comfortable position becuase next year we will more than likely have the most cap space and we can dictate who we want then. TT is thinking more for the future than overspending now and wasting money.

someone447
03-19-2007, 09:06 AM
TT is not going to make big free agent moves regardless of how much cap space we have. We had close to the most this year, and nothing. We had the most last year, and he waited until the very end to sign Woodson.

ny10804
03-19-2007, 03:09 PM
So... how about our guards for '07? Ver' nice. \/

princefielder28
03-19-2007, 03:35 PM
So... how about our guards for '07? Ver' nice. \/

Nice sig!!!! :)

jpapa4490
03-19-2007, 04:33 PM
I dont kno but u guys but out of our 2 guards i think Spitz will be the better of those two. Granted there has only been one year to watch them, i like his toughness and mentality towards the game. what are ur guys opinions about them.

GB12
03-19-2007, 04:40 PM
I dont kno but u guys but out of our 2 guards i think Spitz will be the better of those two. Granted there has only been one year to watch them, i like his toughness and mentality towards the game. what are ur guys opinions about them.

Spitz easily had the best year out of the three rookie OL. However I think Colledge will develope into the best. Spitz should be solid and if nothing else Moll will be a very good backup, but I think Colledge will come out on top.

princefielder28
03-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Spitz easily had the best year out of the three rookie OL. However I think Colledge will develope into the best. Spitz should be solid and if nothing else Moll will be a very good backup, but I think Colledge will come out on top.

100% correct

ny10804
03-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Daryn Colledge
aka The Alaskan aka LL Cool C
Pros: nimble feet, great lower body strength, good speed, great character, intelligent
Cons: not strong enough upper-body-wise, sometimes too overconfident sometimes a liability on run plays

Jason Spitz
aka Jason "I" Spitz "Hot Fire" aka Gorgeous Jason
Pros: good upper body strength, good punch, good run blocker
Cons: needs to work on pass pro technigue, not strong enough lower-body-wise

Showdown:

Upper body strength: Spitz (25 reps of 225, College: 21)
Lower body strength 1: Colledge (665 squat, Spitz: 585)
Lower body strength 2: Colledge (34.5 inch vert, Spitz: 31)
Lower body strength 3: Colledge (9'2" broad jump, Spitz: 8'6")
Core strength: Colledge (464 hang clean, Spitz: 379)
Speed: Colledge (4.93 40, Spitz: 5.17)
Quickness 1: Spitz (4.55 20-yard shuttle, Collegde: 4.58)
Quickness 2: Colledge (7.4 three-cone drill, Spitz: 7.82)
Hand size: Colledge (9 1/2 inches, Spitz: 9)
Arm length: Colledge (33 inches, Spitz: 31)

Physically, Colledge is the better player. Mentally, I'd give that edge to Spitz right now. Both are great guys and very good friends. They're each others' competition, and motivate each other to get better.

Right now, I'd give the overall edge to Colledge. There's a reason he was drafted in the second round and Spitz in the third.

JF4
03-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Haha, love the sig. These two have potential to be pretty good and lead the line for years to come. They both really came into their own near the end of the season. Hopefully a sophmore curse doesn't come to them.

jackalope
03-19-2007, 05:30 PM
I think Spitz is better right now but Colledge has better potential. I really like Moll. He showed a lot of promise considering he was a TE in college and hadn't played guard since peewee.

JF4
03-19-2007, 05:32 PM
I think Spitz is better right now but Colledge has better potential. I really like Moll. He showed a lot of promise considering he was a TE in college and hadn't played guard since peewee.

Agree completely, College struggled mightaly early on last year and didn't even start the first few games. He did improve though and became pretty good. I still give the edge to Spitz though.

ny10804
03-19-2007, 05:38 PM
If this was a beauty contest, Jason would be the runaway winner.

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/apr06/spitz0429.jpg

M1Koter
03-19-2007, 08:35 PM

oh, in a heartbeat

neko4
03-19-2007, 08:50 PM

Thats hot
http://newsfeed.tcm.ie/images/people/parishilton.jpg

M1Koter
03-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Note: This is not packer related, it badgers. One of their lineman had to end his carear. Heres the story. Really too bad. He was like a 4 star recruit out of high school
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=2&date=3/19/2007&id=20799

princefielder28
03-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Note: This is not packer related, it badgers. One of their lineman had to end his carear. Heres the story. Really too bad. He was like a 4 star recruit out of high school
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=2&date=3/19/2007&id=20799

Sorry to hear that, poor kid :(

johbur
03-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Daryn Colledge
aka The Alaskan aka LL Cool C
Pros: nimble feet, great lower body strength, good speed, great character, intelligent
Cons: not strong enough upper-body-wise, sometimes too overconfident sometimes a liability on run plays

Jason Spitz
aka Jason "I" Spitz "Hot Fire" aka Gorgeous Jason
Pros: good upper body strength, good punch, good run blocker
Cons: needs to work on pass pro technigue, not strong enough lower-body-wise

Showdown:

Upper body strength: Spitz (25 reps of 225, College: 21)
Lower body strength 1: Colledge (665 squat, Spitz: 585)
Lower body strength 2: Colledge (34.5 inch vert, Spitz: 31)
Lower body strength 3: Colledge (9'2" broad jump, Spitz: 8'6")
Core strength: Colledge (464 hang clean, Spitz: 379)
Speed: Colledge (4.93 40, Spitz: 5.17)
Quickness 1: Spitz (4.55 20-yard shuttle, Collegde: 4.58)
Quickness 2: Colledge (7.4 three-cone drill, Spitz: 7.82)
Hand size: Colledge (9 1/2 inches, Spitz: 9)
Arm length: Colledge (33 inches, Spitz: 31)

Physically, Colledge is the better player. Mentally, I'd give that edge to Spitz right now. Both are great guys and very good friends. They're each others' competition, and motivate each other to get better.

Right now, I'd give the overall edge to Colledge. There's a reason he was drafted in the second round and Spitz in the third.

Nice comparison. I favor Spitz due to his attitude right now. It reminds me to some degree of the Marco Rivera/Mike Wahle comparison. Wahle took a while to get his stuff together, and when he did it was very impressive to watch him work and dominate with his athletic talent. Marco was just a scrapper and tough as nails and he fights every down. I liked Marco more, and I like Spitz for that same reason. Maybe Colledge will kick up the attitude and savage his opponents next season, or maybe he'll become a technician (a la Ken Ruetgers, one of the best) and just be responsible for yards and points.

princefielder28
03-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Nice comparison. I favor Spitz due to his attitude right now. It reminds me to some degree of the Marco Rivera/Mike Wahle comparison. Wahle took a while to get his stuff together, and when he did it was very impressive to watch him work and dominate with his athletic talent. Marco was just a scrapper and tough as nails and he fights every down. I liked Marco more, and I like Spitz for that same reason. Maybe Colledge will kick up the attitude and savage his opponents next season, or maybe he'll become a technician (a la Ken Ruetgers, one of the best) and just be responsible for yards and points.

Hey if those two turn out like Wahle and Rivera, everyone should praise TT

neko4
03-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Now what about the next Gen of OT's, its coming in 2-4 years
Moll, but who else?

jackalope
03-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Now what about the next Gen of OT's, its coming in 2-4 years
Moll, but who else?we don't really have to worry about that now. i'd guess we snag someone in the latter rounds of a draft like we did with Moll.

princefielder28
03-20-2007, 08:03 AM
we don't really have to worry about that now. i'd guess we snag someone in the latter rounds of a draft like we did with Moll.

We don't have to worry about tackles right now!!!!

ds8582
03-20-2007, 09:12 AM
We don't have to worry about tackles right now!!!!

Maybe next year though. Tauscher and Clifton are getting old.

princefielder28
03-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Maybe next year though. Tauscher and Clifton are getting old.

Moll or Colledge will be one of the replacements and we only need to find one for Tauscher eventually; we'll be alright

princefielder28
03-20-2007, 10:35 AM
I don't know if this was mentioned but LB kurt campbell was released

ds8582
03-20-2007, 10:37 AM

Yeah I read that. No big loss but I was kinda rooting for him to contribute this year.

princefielder28
03-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah I read that. No big loss but I was kinda rooting for him to contribute this year.

I really wonder what he could've contributed as a special teamer if he had been healthy

aic4ever
03-20-2007, 04:37 PM
I really wonder what he could've contributed as a special teamer if he had been healthy

Blocks and tackles.

neko4
03-20-2007, 06:07 PM

wast he the first ever player drafted out of albany st?

princefielder28
03-20-2007, 06:37 PM

He may have been considering that isn't a football producer.

M1Koter
03-20-2007, 07:23 PM

yeah he was, he just could stop getting injured

neko4
03-21-2007, 08:42 PM
QB-Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Ingle Martin
HB-Vernand Morency, Noah Herron
FB-William Henderson, Brandon Miree
WR-Donald Driver, Randy Moss, Greg Jennings, Carlyle Holiday
TE-Bubba Franks, Zac Alcorn, Tony Humpfrey
OT-Chad Clifton, Mark Tauscher, Tony Moll,Tyson Walter
OG-Daryn Colldge, Jason Spitz, Junius Coston, Tony Palmer
C- Scott Wells
DE-Aaron Kampman,Cullen Jenkins, KGB, Michael Montgomery, Jason Hunter
DT-Ryan Pickett, Colin Cole, Dan Klecko, Johnny Jolly
OLB-AJ Hawk, Brady Poppinga, Tracy White, Kurt Campbell
ILB-Nick Barnett, Abdul Hodge
CB-Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Frank Walker, Patrick Dendy, Jarrett Bush, Will Blackmon
FS-Nick Collins, Atari Bigby, Charlie Peprah
SS-Marquand Manuel, Marviel Underwood, Tyrone Culver
K-Dave Rayner
P-Jon Ryan
LS-Rob Davis

UFA's
Ben Taylor OLB
Todd Bouman QB

Trade Block
KGB 5th-4th
Marquan Manuel 7th-5th
Patrick Dendy7th

Aquisitions:Randy Moss,William Henderson,Dan Klecko
Losses: Kevin Barry,Robert Ferguson,Ruvell Martin, Donald Lee,Corey Williams

Draft Picks
1rd 23rd
2rd 16th
2rd 23rd
4rd 16th
5th 26th
6th 19th
7rd 14th
7rd 19th
7rd 25th

So how have i done so far

TitleTown088
03-21-2007, 09:06 PM
So how have i done so far
Where the heck is Ruvell Martin? I like him.

neko4
03-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Where the heck is Ruvell Martin? I like him.

Traded him and Lee for a 5th to NO, I know I liked him too, but I was really looking for another pick, and how does everyone feel about Dhani Jones?

M1Koter
03-22-2007, 06:46 AM
Traded him and Lee for a 5th to NO, I know I liked him too, but I was really looking for another pick, and how does everyone feel about Dhani Jones?

Jones is old and washed up and isn't anything more than a backup

M1Koter
03-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Man every time I read that firepackersgm.com, I fell like packer fans are getting dumber and dumber by the day.
heres one quote
"I didn't want to bench Farve, I'd like to now"
"Fires Sherman and Bates"
"If you look at the current winning teams, most now don't use the WCO"
"Ted Thompson has taken a team that made the playoffs the year before he came to Green Bay and he managed 8 wins in 2 years"
"Here's one for you....William Whittaker at guard last year(now out of the league) when he could of signed Marco Rivera(starting at Dallas...likely a Super Bowl contender). "
"Wait, wait - he didn't sign Tony Gonzalez????!?!!!!! "
there are so many things wrong these guys say, they are so stupid

M1Koter
03-22-2007, 11:33 AM
oh, one more
"If Thompson does get axed I'd love it if they replaced him with (drum roll please) BRETT FAVRE."
Farve is a god, not a GM

princefielder28
03-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Man every time I read that firepackersgm.com, I fell like packer fans are getting dumber and dumber by the day.
heres one quote
"I didn't want to bench Farve, I'd like to now"
"Fires Sherman and Bates"
"If you look at the current winning teams, most now don't use the WCO"
"Ted Thompson has taken a team that made the playoffs the year before he came to Green Bay and he managed 8 wins in 2 years"
"Here's one for you....William Whittaker at guard last year(now out of the league) when he could of signed Marco Rivera(starting at Dallas...likely a Super Bowl contender). "
"Wait, wait - he didn't sign Tony Gonzalez????!?!!!!! "
there are so many things wrong these guys say, they are so stupid

It just shows you how far out people are.

M1Koter
03-22-2007, 11:34 AM
They don't even know how to argue

The Legend
03-22-2007, 02:46 PM
some good new that most of you guys know already

packers ranked in the top 10 for 2007 Strength Of Schedule

we are listed at #9

http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp
2007 Strength Of Schedule
Team Winning Percentage Opp. Total Wins Opp. Total Losses
Raiders .539 138 118
Bills .539 138 118
Patriots .535 137 119
Jaguars .527 135 121
Titans .520 133 123
Colts .516 132 124
Chiefs .516 132 124
Jets .516 132 124
Dolphins .512 131 125
Steelers .512 131 125
Bengals .512 131 125
Ravens .508 130 126
Browns .508 130 126
Broncos .504 129 127
Lions .504 129 127
Texans .504 129 127
Chargers .504 129 127
Redskins .500 128 128
Vikings .500 128 128
Eagles .500 128 128
Cowboys .496 127 129
Giants .496 127 129
Packers .492 126 130
Seahawks .488 125 131
Saints .484 124 132
Panthers .477 122 134
Buccaneers .473 121 135
Rams .473 121 135
Falcons .473 121 135
49ers .469 120 136
Bears .465 119 137
Cardinals .461 118 138

M1Koter
03-22-2007, 03:50 PM
sweet, thanx, good stuff, and BTW thanx for being smart and not making it a new topic

princefielder28
03-22-2007, 04:55 PM
sweet, thanx, good stuff, and BTW thanx for being smart and not making it a new topic

Yes, very smart move!!!!

neko4
03-22-2007, 06:25 PM
anyone of us in that "GM Mock"

princefielder28
03-22-2007, 06:36 PM
anyone of us in that "GM Mock"

The one under Mock Drafts????

johbur
03-22-2007, 10:25 PM
some good new that most of you guys know already

packers ranked in the top 10 for 2007 Strength Of Schedule

we are listed at #9

http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp
2007 Strength Of Schedule
Team Winning Percentage Opp. Total Wins Opp. Total Losses
Raiders .539 138 118
Bills .539 138 118
Patriots .535 137 119
Jaguars .527 135 121
Titans .520 133 123
Colts .516 132 124
Chiefs .516 132 124
Jets .516 132 124
Dolphins .512 131 125
Steelers .512 131 125
Bengals .512 131 125
Ravens .508 130 126
Browns .508 130 126
Broncos .504 129 127
Lions .504 129 127
Texans .504 129 127
Chargers .504 129 127
Redskins .500 128 128
Vikings .500 128 128
Eagles .500 128 128
Cowboys .496 127 129
Giants .496 127 129
Packers .492 126 130
Seahawks .488 125 131
Saints .484 124 132
Panthers .477 122 134
Buccaneers .473 121 135
Rams .473 121 135
Falcons .473 121 135
49ers .469 120 136
Bears .465 119 137
Cardinals .461 118 138

I see us at #23. The Bears have #31.

johbur
03-22-2007, 10:29 PM

I guess he was too injured to come back. His triangle numbers were better that Alston out of Stanford last year.

Another bit of news on a player I liked a lot when he was here:

Meanwhile, former Packers fullback Vonta Leach, who was released before the season opener last season, signed a four-year, $8 million restricted free-agent deal with the New York Giants. Houston, which picked up Leach after the Packers released him, has the right to match the offer.

Leach, Cole and Jenkins are so much better than most of Sherman's draft picks.

The Legend
03-23-2007, 03:44 PM

i feel like every one is makeing a new thread so it kind of cut down the best thread out there

"Green Bay Packers Discussion "

The Legend
03-23-2007, 04:02 PM
here is some news guys

Green Bay Packers General Manager Ted Thompson

always let his scouts goto the pro days and bring him back what they see and hear ..... but not this time he went to the texas pro day and was seen talking to safety Michael Griffin for a long period of time

im big fans of Griffin and Weddle so i hope we sign one of the other

GadoR'Savior
03-23-2007, 04:11 PM
I like Meriweather and Griffin, Rouse looks to be a stud 2

princefielder28
03-23-2007, 05:31 PM
here is some news guys

Green Bay Packers General Manager Ted Thompson

always let his scouts goto the pro days and bring him back what they see and hear ..... but not this time he went to the texas pro day and was seen talking to safety Michael Griffin for a long period of time

im big fans of Griffin and Weddle so i hope we sign one of the other

Griffin is a very solid player and it may be a big of a stretch at 16 to take him but if he fills that need at safety TT can go right ahead and take him

johbur
03-23-2007, 10:18 PM
I personally don't like taking players before their value, but it also depends on TT's scouting reports and the value he has on them. PackersChatter had Scott Wright in for a chat, and he admitted the inexact science of drafting in that there were 400 players he had rated last year, Tony Moll wasn't one of them and Tony turned out to be not only a #5 pick but a kid who started 10 games and wasn't a liability while starting.

Empire
03-23-2007, 11:31 PM
I see us at #23. The Bears have #31.

The Bears and Packers schedule is virtually identical with the exception of a game or two. The 8 spot difference is due to us having to play the Bears and vica-versa.

Football Fan
03-24-2007, 01:34 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=581644

NAVY
03-24-2007, 04:15 AM
Profootballtalk Posted an article saying that GB may be having trade discussions with San Diego for RB Turner

NAVY
03-24-2007, 04:16 AM
Anyone else going to the draft this year?

PACKmanN
03-24-2007, 04:41 AM
i wish. What do u guys think about bringing in Davis Williams or what ever his name is? if we get him there really will be no point in taking a RB.

princefielder28
03-24-2007, 07:38 AM
i wish. What do u guys think about bringing in Davis Williams or what ever his name is? if we get him there really will be no point in taking a RB.

I think regardless of who the Packers bring in through FA they will draft a young back

jackalope
03-24-2007, 01:16 PM
i wish. What do u guys think about bringing in Davis Williams or what ever his name is? if we get him there really will be no point in taking a RB.Dominic Williams (used to be Dominic Davis)? i don't know much about him but i'd like to look into it. he's only 26 (4 years in the league) and was fairly productive in his first 3 before being injured last year.

TitleTown088
03-24-2007, 01:51 PM
I think regardless of who the Packers bring in through FA they will draft a young back

They might not if they get Turner, but I doubt they will go after him.

neko4
03-24-2007, 02:29 PM
so i think we should fire TT and stick me in jk,

QB-Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Ingle Martin
HB-Vernand Morency, Noah Herron(goallineback), Tony Fisher(pass-catcher)
FB-William Henderson, Brandon Miree
WR-Donald Driver, Randy Moss, Greg Jennings, Rod Smith, Koren Robinson(KR/PR), Carlyle Holiday
TE-Alge Crumpler, Bubba Franks,
OT-Chad Clifton, Mark Tauscher, Tony Moll,Tyson Walter
OG-Daryn Colldge, Jason Spitz, Junius Coston, Tony Palmer
C- Scott Wells
DE-Aaron Kampman,Cullen Jenkins, KGB, Michael Montgomery, Jason Hunter
DT-Ryan Pickett, Colin Cole, Dan Klecko, Johnny Jolly
OLB-AJ Hawk, Brady Poppinga, Tracy White, Kurt Campbell
ILB-Nick Barnett, Abdul Hodge
CB-Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Frank Walker, Patrick Dendy, Jarrett Bush, Will Blackmon
FS-Nick Collins, Atari Bigby, Charlie Peprah
SS-Marquand Manuel, Marviel Underwood, Tyrone Culver
K-Dave Rayner
P-Jon Ryan
LS-Rob Davis

UFA's
Ben Taylor OLB
Todd Bouman QB

Trade Block
KGB 5th-4th
Marquan Manuel 7th-5th
Patrick Dendy7th

Aquisitions:Randy Moss,William Henderson,Dan Klecko,Rod Smith,Alge Crumpler,Tony Fisher
Losses: Kevin Barry,Robert Ferguson,Ruvell Martin, Donald Lee

Draft Picks
2nd 15th
2rd 16th
2rd 22nd
4rd 16th
7rd 19th
7rd 25th
any better than last time?

M1Koter
03-24-2007, 02:45 PM
They might not if they get Turner, but I doubt they will go after him.

theres too much to give up for him

Boston
03-24-2007, 06:51 PM
theres too much to give up for him

I'd give up a second for him.

princefielder28
03-24-2007, 07:11 PM
I'd give up a second for him.

He's definitely better than any back the Packers could get in round 2

JF4
03-24-2007, 10:49 PM
He's definitely better than any back the Packers could get in round 2

That's true but I don't know if the Chargers would trade just a second for him. It's always nice for them to have him as insurance just incase something goes wrong with LT. He's also a pretty good change of pace back for when LT's tired. I don't think he's costing them too much and I don't think that they are in a real hurry to trade him.

Boston
03-24-2007, 11:19 PM
That's true but I don't know if the Chargers would trade just a second for him. It's always nice for them to have him as insurance just incase something goes wrong with LT. He's also a pretty good change of pace back for when LT's tired. I don't think he's costing them too much and I don't think that they are in a real hurry to trade him.

I don't see why they wouldn't. Yeah, it be good to have that insurance, but they will lose him next year regardless, this way they get a second out of him. That's not bad.

GadoR'Savior
03-25-2007, 11:27 AM
There GM says there are 3 teams that are interested in getting him for the 1st and 3rd round picks. It was a on foxsports.com Nfl rumors

Boston
03-25-2007, 12:28 PM
There GM says there are 3 teams that are interested in getting him for the 1st and 3rd round picks. It was a on foxsports.com Nfl rumors

Who? I highly doubt that.

GadoR'Savior
03-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Who? I highly doubt that.

One such coveted Chargers player is backup tailback Michael Turner, who is a restricted free agent. This means he can talk to other clubs and, if he reaches an agreement elsewhere, the Chargers can match it or allow him to leave. Thing is, GM A.J. Smith has put a first-and-third-round tag on Turner, meaning any club that wants him has to surrender those two draft choices. That's a mighty steep price to pay, but apparently there are some teams thinking about it. “There's lots of activity (on Turner), that's all I'm going to say, and I'm not telling you what teams are interested,” Smith says. “Let's say it's still a one and a three right now.”

http://www.benmaller.com/nfl_rumors_notes

princefielder28
03-25-2007, 01:54 PM
One such coveted Chargers player is backup tailback Michael Turner, who is a restricted free agent. This means he can talk to other clubs and, if he reaches an agreement elsewhere, the Chargers can match it or allow him to leave. Thing is, GM A.J. Smith has put a first-and-third-round tag on Turner, meaning any club that wants him has to surrender those two draft choices. That's a mighty steep price to pay, but apparently there are some teams thinking about it. “There's lots of activity (on Turner), that's all I'm going to say, and I'm not telling you what teams are interested,” Smith says. “Let's say it's still a one and a three right now.”

Nobody would pull the trigger on signing him

neko4
03-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Anyone else going to the draft this year?

muay! ...

neko4
03-25-2007, 02:05 PM
anyone care if i make a packers all-time team thread?

gbpackers0065
03-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Who's going to be our team leader?

neko4
03-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Who's going to be our team leader?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/member.php?u=1524

The Legend
03-25-2007, 07:11 PM
as you guys may know already im a big fan of Eric Weddle and i hope we get him i belive hes a great player , great person

wanted to know what you think about him

Boston
03-25-2007, 07:28 PM

It won't happen.

JF4
03-25-2007, 07:33 PM
as you guys may know already im a big fan of Eric Weddle and i hope we get him i belive hes a great player , great person

If we draft a RB in round 1 then I think this guy is definately an option. He's alot better against the pass than against the run and I think that's exactly what we need. Manuel gave up way too many deep balls last year and I think Weddle will be able to stop those and even pick off a few. This guy has real good ball skills and would start right away IMO. Although I would still rather have Merriweather over Weddle if he is also available.

gbpackers0065
03-25-2007, 08:39 PM

id rather have underwood start at SS i really like him and think he has a ton of potential

The Legend
03-25-2007, 09:16 PM
id rather have underwood start at SS i really like him and think he has a ton of potential

i am also a fan of underwood i belive he is pretty quick also ... but i would like Weddle over him

The Legend
03-25-2007, 09:17 PM
here is some news

Manuel transmission While the Packers aren't giving up on veteran safety Marquand Manuel, whom they added via free agency last spring, his disappointing first season with the team means he will face a training-camp challenge for his starting job from Marviel Underwood, who is coming off reconstructive knee surgery.

"Marviel was having a great training camp and then he got hurt, so we'll have to see how the rehab is going," Thompson said, referring to the torn ACL Underwood suffered in his right knee on Aug. 12. "(They're) going to compete."

Manuel missed most of the offseason workouts with a lingering groin injury suffered in Super Bowl XL, then missed the first two weeks of training camp with a calf injury. Underwood worked with the No. 1 defense in his place and was impressive until his injury.

Manuel returned and was responsible for many of the explosive pass plays the Packers defense allowed during the first two-thirds of the season. While coach Mike McCarthy predicted Manuel's "second year will be much better," McCarthy was effusive in his praise for Underwood.

"(Underwood) was definitely an ascending player through training camp. You could see he was really getting comfortable," McCarthy said. "Unfortunately, he had the injury. He's the one guy that I can say that it seemed like everytime I walked in the weight room, he was in there training. "

princefielder28
03-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Good to hear about marviel; I'm sure GB12 is smiling

The Legend
03-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Good to hear about marviel; I'm sure GB12 is smiling

did you guys know he ran a 4.38 40 yard dash

www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/underwood_marviel

Football Fan
03-26-2007, 01:17 PM
http://www2.jsonline.com/story/?id=580292

PackAttack
03-26-2007, 02:12 PM

Insider link....I can't access it :(

princefielder28
03-26-2007, 02:19 PM

Thompson is doing a fine job, no worries

TitleTown088
03-26-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070326/PKR01/70326133/1989

The Pack plays detriot on thanksgiving.

Moses
03-26-2007, 03:12 PM
did you guys know he ran a 4.38 40 yard dash

www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/underwood_marviel

He only ran a 4.65 at the Combine though.

GB12
03-26-2007, 03:37 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070326/PKR01/70326133/1989

The Pack plays detriot on thanksgiving.

I hate Thanksgiving games.

JF4
03-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I hate Thanksgiving games.

I like them, should be fun to watch a beatdown of the Lions on thanksgiving day.

PACKmanN
03-26-2007, 04:13 PM
thats sucks i would rather have them at home with there family on thanksgiving.

princefielder28
03-26-2007, 04:52 PM
I like them, should be fun to watch a beatdown of the Lions on thanksgiving day.

True. The Packers can kill the Lions and the turkey will taste even better :)

princefielder28
03-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Why is Arizona v San Fran the 1st MNF Game???

jpapa4490
03-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Dont kno if anyone posted this

According to packerupdate

The Eagles are looking to trade Darwin Walker and the Packers are one of the teams interested. With Cullen Jenkins expected to start at end, Green bay looking to beef up the the tackle position behind starters Ryan Pickett and Corey Williams. Philadelphia is asking for a fourth round pick in exchange but will probablt will settle for less.

Thoughts???

GB12
03-26-2007, 07:24 PM
- The National Football League has awarded the Green Bay Packers a seventh-round compensatory draft pick for its free agent losses last season.

I wasn't expecting to get anything but I'll take it. Now we have three 7ths.

princefielder28
03-26-2007, 07:33 PM
I wasn't expecting to get anything but I'll take it. Now we have three 7ths.

Any pick is a good pick!

princefielder28
03-26-2007, 07:34 PM

The Eagles are looking to trade Darwin Walker and the Packers are one of the teams interested. With Cullen Jenkins expected to start at end, Green bay looking to beef up the the tackle position behind starters Ryan Pickett and Corey Williams. Philadelphia is asking for a fourth round pick in exchange but will probablt will settle for less.

Thoughts???

I'd rather spend a pick on a young player like Keith Jackson

M1Koter
03-26-2007, 08:10 PM
I'd rather spend a pick on a young player like Keith Jackson

Keith Jackson was a beast against the badgers, badgers got the biggest o line in football and they had a hard time with him and Jammal Anderson. Anderson also line up opposite of Jow Thomas all game though

jackalope
03-26-2007, 08:37 PM
i would rather have Underwood start rather than a 2nd or 3rd round pick. i don't really want a safety in the draft unless it's Landry.

jackalope
03-26-2007, 09:03 PM

Thoughts???won't happen

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/default.jsp

GB12
03-26-2007, 09:04 PM
i would rather have Underwood start rather than a 2nd or 3rd round pick. i don't really want a safety in the draft unless it's Landry.

I love how everyone is starting to finally see what I've been saying.:)

princefielder28
03-26-2007, 09:28 PM
I love how everyone is starting to finally see what I've been saying.:)

Well Underwood will be more of a playmaker than Manuel has ever dreamt of being but if you do draft a safety you never know when you could hit an instant contributor like Dawan Landry.

jackalope
03-26-2007, 10:09 PM
I love how everyone is starting to finally see what I've been saying.:)i've liked Underwood for a while. i thought he had a chance at starting last season before the injury.

cuzifelt1ikeit
03-26-2007, 10:27 PM
im still not an underwood believer but then again id take a chance over manual but i would rather take a safety over him early such as nelson landry griffin or merriweather

GadoR'Savior
03-26-2007, 10:31 PM

I like the guy but I love "the eraser" Nelson....Griffin looks good plus hes a DB outta Texas.....Meriweather is good and well hes a DB outta the U! Haha u cant lose when u drqaft DB's outta them 2 schools!

GB12
03-26-2007, 10:32 PM
im still not an underwood believer but then again id take a chance over manual but i would rather take a safety over him early such as nelson landry griffin or merriweather

I'm not totally against drafting a safety but there are only a few. Landry I would take without question. Griffin would be something to considered if we get in the right pick range for him. Merriwether would be the third and final. I'm not sold on him but it would be a long hard thought on him. If we don't get one of those I am fine eith going into the season with Underwood and Manuel. I really want to give Underwood a shot as I think that he could be something special, but if we are in the right position to take one of those three it is hard to pass up.