PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

Mwkick
04-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Well I guess my definition of world class speed (along with every scouting bio I've read) is different than yours...
I'm not saying they should take him in the first either. I guess we'll have to wait and see his "good speed" in due time...

princefielder28
04-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Well I guess my definition of world class speed (along with every scouting bio I've read) is different than yours...
I'm not saying they should take him in the first either. I guess we'll have to wait and see his "good speed" in due time...

I think he's more likely to be the next Troy Williamson than some Pro Bowl stud

princefielder28
04-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Let me ask people this: Who would you rather have, Ted Ginn or Robert Meachem???? Meachem has quite a bit of speed and he has the size to come with it; I think he warrants the 16th pick more than Ted Ginn.

Mwkick
04-13-2007, 09:58 PM
You're probably right. Sadly, I hope he's better than that, but you're probably right.

Anyone else think it's wierd how someone can be considered the best player in college and amount to nothing in the pros???

Ps. I feel bad for Troy. That offense is brutal...

jackalope
04-13-2007, 09:58 PM
I really don't want Ginn, and i don't like him very much, but you can't deny that he's fast. If he's got one thing going for him it's speed.

princefielder28
04-13-2007, 09:59 PM
You're probably right. Sadly, I hope he's better than that, but you're probably right.

Anyone else think it's wierd how someone can be considered the best player in college and amount to nothing in the pros???

Ps. I feel bad for Troy. That offense is brutal...

For most it unfortunate but systems make stars and some of those players just don't translate to the pro game

Mwkick
04-13-2007, 10:03 PM
I know it's the system. There's too many to name, but how bout one of our own...Ron Dayne, anyone?

I do think the Pack need to address Special Teams though. And yes they can address it later in the draft, but it needs to be addressed. Noah Herron isn't the answer and neither is Morency. And I think Robinson isn't that great either. I know I'm going to get hated on for that, but I just don't think he's a threat every time the ball is in his hands...

Boston
04-13-2007, 10:06 PM
I think he's more likely to be the next Troy Williamson than some Pro Bowl stud

People always throw this Williamson prediction out there based primarily on there speed.

Ginn's College Stats
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/tedginnjr.html

Williamson's College Stats
http://vikings.scout.com/2/372941.html

Ginn was more productive each year in almost every category, and not to mention he actually played KR and PR.

All in all, he's not going to turn into an elite reciever in the NFL, obviously, but he'll probably end up being a good/decent reciever, and an elite special teamer. Whether or not you want to spend a first round pick on that is up to you.

Moses
04-13-2007, 11:45 PM
I think the Packers would be better off grabbing a WR in the 2nd or 3rd unless both Lynch and Olsen are off the board in the 1st.

Who would they pick? I could see them going with Ginn Jr. or Meachem. Meachem has the potential to be a true #1 where as Ginn Jr. is probably more of a #2 or #3. Ginn Jr. would be invaluable on special teams (a big area of need for the Packers) plus he could be used on screens, slants, etc. that the Packers love to run in their WCO. Personally, I would avoid taking either in the first round but at the same time you can't really go wrong with either of them.

Boston
04-13-2007, 11:48 PM
I think the Packers would be better off grabbing a WR in the 2nd or 3rd unless both Lynch and Olsen are off the board in the 1st.

Who would they pick? I could see them going with Ginn Jr. or Meachem. Meachem has the potential to be a true #1 where as Ginn Jr. is probably more of a #2 or #3. Ginn Jr. would be invaluable on special teams (a big area of need for the Packers) plus he could be used on screens, slants, etc. that the Packers love to run in their WCO. Personally, I would avoid taking either in the first round but at the same time you can't really go wrong with either of them.

The thing I like about Ginn, is that he provides that "big play threat" that the packers don't have. Whether it be on special teams, or on a fly, slant, screen, etc.

neko4
04-13-2007, 11:49 PM
My problem is why draft a WR(in the 1st) if he is gonna be a back up for a few years until Driver becomes incapable of starting when we need help now. Which is why I think we should trade out of the 1st entirley(if Olsen/Lynch are gone) and grab multiple picks. We need help now, and Ginn Jr or another 1st round WR is to much of a cost for a future pick. A 2nd or 3rd rounder, fine, but 1st seems to be too much of a price (especially since this year's class is stacked)

JF4
04-14-2007, 12:05 AM
My problem is why draft a WR(in the 1st) if he is gonna be a back up for a few years until Driver becomes incapable of starting when we need help now. Which is why I think we should trade out of the 1st entirley(if Olsen/Lynch are gone) and grab multiple picks. We need help now, and Ginn Jr or another 1st round WR is to much of a cost for a future pick. A 2nd or 3rd rounder, fine, but 1st seems to be too much of a price (especially since this year's class is stacked)

So you're saying that we need help now but yet we need to trade out of the first round so we can get later round picks that have a smaller chance of having on impact than first rounders?

johbur
04-14-2007, 01:23 AM
The thing I like about Ginn, is that he provides that "big play threat" that the packers don't have. Whether it be on special teams, or on a fly, slant, screen, etc.

That is exactly what I love about Ginn also. Not sure he'd worth the #16, but when I see what Devin Hester did for Chicago, I think Ginn has that big play capability on teams, AND he'd be a tremendous weapon as the #3 WR and has the potential to be a starter.

PACKmanN
04-14-2007, 01:52 AM
That is exactly what I love about Ginn also. Not sure he'd worth the #16, but when I see what Devin Hester did for Chicago, I think Ginn has that big play capability on teams, AND he'd be a tremendous weapon as the #3 WR and has the potential to be a starter.

But then what happens to Robinson? I dont think TT will waste a pick on Ginn instead like always he will fell the needs with day one picks then go on with BPA.

GB12
04-14-2007, 02:05 AM
I know Drivers getting old, but I would hate drafting a third reciever in round one. You have to think that at 32 he has at least 2 more years and probably more. A good receiver can be found in rounds 2 or 3 that would do more than a decent job as a #3. A 2nd or 3rd round WR should then be able to grow into the #1 or 2. Look at Jennings, 2nd round and he is a starter. TT should be able to find another guy like that. And if he doesn't show that he'll be more than a 3 we still have time with Driver that we could get one next through the draft or FA or even at a later year. WR is not a pressing need at the moment. It can certainly be addressed but not in the first round. RB is easily the biggest need. If Lynch is there that should be the pick. As much as I don't think Olsen is worthy of being picked at 16 I would even rather see him taken than a WR. We fill an immediate need at TE, and the TE depth is no where near the WR depth in this draft.

PACKmanN
04-14-2007, 02:15 AM
im turly stuck with Lynch or Olsen at 16. IMO i hope TT drafts one of them. Why dont we make a poll and see who packer fans feel we should draft?

princefielder28
04-14-2007, 07:50 AM
I know Drivers getting old, but I would hate drafting a third reciever in round one. You have to think that at 32 he has at least 2 more years and probably more. A good receiver can be found in rounds 2 or 3 that would do more than a decent job as a #3. A 2nd or 3rd round WR should then be able to grow into the #1 or 2. Look at Jennings, 2nd round and he is a starter. TT should be able to find another guy like that. And if he doesn't show that he'll be more than a 3 we still have time with Driver that we could get one next through the draft or FA or even at a later year. WR is not a pressing need at the moment. It can certainly be addressed but not in the first round. RB is easily the biggest need. If Lynch is there that should be the pick. As much as I don't think Olsen is worthy of being picked at 16 I would even rather see him taken than a WR. We fill an immediate need at TE, and the TE depth is no where near the WR depth in this draft.

I believe that round 2 or 3 receiver that could help is Aundrae Allison and then with either Lynch or Olsen in round 1 the Packers will help solidify the offense

jackalope
04-14-2007, 11:24 AM
im turly stuck with Lynch or Olsen at 16. IMO i hope TT drafts one of them. Why dont we make a poll and see who packer fans feel we should draft?I would much rather have Lynch, but i think there's a good chance he won't be there when we pick.

Jim Jim
04-14-2007, 01:42 PM
TT will trade down, if I had to put money on it.

GB12
04-14-2007, 01:45 PM
TT will trade down, if I had to put money on it.

I don't think so. Not in the first, I think we will make the pick at 16. In the second or third it is almost certain a trade will be made. I don't expect as many as last year though.

princefielder28
04-14-2007, 02:30 PM
I don't think so. Not in the first, I think we will make the pick at 16. In the second or third it is almost certain a trade will be made. I don't expect as many as last year though.

Lsst year he was trying to develop a young nucleus and this year they don't need to add as much to that nucleus thus less trades

jackalope
04-14-2007, 02:52 PM
TT will trade down, if I had to put money on it.That wouldn't surprise me, but i think we'll likely stay where we're at in the 1st.

The Legend
04-14-2007, 03:54 PM
anyone else feel like ginn stock is droping

i know there is alot of worry about his health alone

and also in this day of age where the 40 time is very important

i think there is a possiable that he may fall to the 2nd round

i would like to go after Robert Meachem if we go wide out

maybe even Bowe but i feel like we need a we someone favre can bomb the ball to

also i would not mind in the 2nd round take a wide out again like

Jason Hill or Anthony Gonzalez

princefielder28
04-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Anthony Gonzalez is a no-go for me; I don't like anyone on that Ohio State offense

PACKmanN
04-14-2007, 04:28 PM
If we go WR in frist day i want it no one else but Sidney Rice. He is what the doctor called for.

Packer#50
I like Robert Meachem a lot but if Ginn fell to the second round, I think the Packers should take him. He should at the very least be a premier return man and a very good WR.

princefielder28
If we go WR in frist day i want it no one else but Sidney Rice. He is what the doctor called for.

I like Aundrae Allison alot!

Packer#50
04-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Also I like Jason Hill a lot and do not see why he is not talked about as a 1st round WR. (the reason he did not have great numbers his senior season is because he was hurt but look at his previous numbers)

neko4
Onrea Jones and Marquay McDaniel!
Really I just wana see Hampton player get drafted to green bay

Packer#50
I watched Aundrae Allison play and he is extremely explosive and he is another sleeper just like Jason Hill.

M1Koter
04-14-2007, 05:49 PM
hey guys, back form mexico, so what happen? did barrnett sign a extension? anything?

princefielder28
04-14-2007, 05:51 PM
hey guys, back form mexico, so what happen? did barrnett sign a extension? anything?

Yes Barnett got a contract extension, 6 years 35 mil

The Legend
04-14-2007, 11:04 PM
I like Robert Meachem a lot but if Ginn fell to the second round, I think the Packers should take him. He should at the very least be a premier return man and a very good WR.

ginn falls he wont make it to 16 in the 2nd round

PACKmanN
04-14-2007, 11:10 PM

how was it?

ny10804
04-14-2007, 11:40 PM
OK, really bored...

Brett Favre: The Soundtrack

1. Led Zeppelin | Dazed and Confused (4 pass attempts, 2 INT)
2. Creedence Clearwater Revival | Bad Moon Rising (first year at helm)
3. Steppenwolf | Born To Be Wild (-5 TDs/INTs)
4. Johnny Cash | The Man Comes Around (33 TD)
5. KC & The Sunshine Band | Keep It Comin' Love (38 TD, MVP)
6. Kool & The Gang | Celebration (39 TDs, 2nd MVP, Super Bowl win)
7. R.E.M. | Everybody Hurts (35 TDs, 3rd MVP, Super Bowl loss)
8. Beastie Boys | Sabotage (Jerry Rice [no] fumble -- early exit)
9. Bob Marley | No Woman, No Cry (misses playoffs)
10. Metallica | The God That Failed (Brett [God] misses [fails] playoffs again)
11. Tupac | Hit 'Em Up (32 TDs, revenge on 49ers)
12. Tonic | If You Could Only See (27 TDs, shocked by Atlanta)
13. Rage Against the Machine | Bullet in the Head (4th and 26)
14. Radiohead | Karma Police (last playoff appearance)
15. Citizen King | I've Seen Better Days (29 INTs)
16. Coldplay | Everything's Not Lost (18 TDs 18 INTs)
17. Lynyrd Skynyrd | Free Bird (???)

* The Clash | Should I Stay or Should I Go: this track could have been selected anywhere from 13-16.

cordscords
04-14-2007, 11:54 PM
OK, really bored...

* The Clash | Should I Stay or Should I Go: this track could have been selected anywhere from 13-16.

REALLY must have been bored.

But for your efforts, it's extremely accurate!

JF4
04-15-2007, 12:03 AM
OK, really bored...

Wow. I think that's all that need's to be said.

ny10804
04-15-2007, 12:23 AM
* Forgot to mention, Justin Timberlake | Sexyback would be an acceptable track in accordance with Green Bay Packers Board Rule #6: homosexual behavior towards Brett Favre is acceptable in the Green Bay forum; as well as the amended version: homosexual behavior towards Brett Favre is encouraged in the Green Bay forum.

Boston
04-15-2007, 12:24 AM
* Forgot to mention, Justin Timberlake | Sexyback would be an acceptable track in accordance with Green Bay Packers Board Rule #6: homosexual behavior towards Brett Favre is acceptable in the Green Bay forum; as well as the amended version: homosexual behavior towards Brett Favre is encouraged in the Green Bay forum.

That's just too far. Justin Timberlake cannot be in the same paragraph as Brett Favre.

ny10804
04-15-2007, 12:26 AM
That's just too far. Justin Timberlake cannot be in the same paragraph as Brett Favre.

This is true, but the intention is to imply that Brett Favre is bringing sexy back...yea!, not Justin Timberlake. Sorry for the confusion.

neko4
04-15-2007, 12:30 AM
OK, really bored...

actually it was 5 attempts and two picks, but this was a great idea... inspires me to do it

Boston
04-15-2007, 12:30 AM
This is true, but the intention is to imply that Brett Favre is bringing sexy back...yea!, not Justin Timberlake. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't understand. Brett Favre never left, so there would technically be no sexy to, in fact, bring back. Unless, of course, that song was played for his first year at the helm.

neko4
04-15-2007, 12:31 AM
need some AC/DC in there

ny10804
04-15-2007, 12:34 AM
I don't understand. Brett Favre never left, so there would technically be no sexy to, in fact, bring back. Unless, of course, that song was played for his first year at the helm.

Let me use an analogy. A teacher teaches school. Summer comes and the teacher is off work. When he returns to the school in the Fall, he is coming back to the school. Hence, Brett comes back after the offseason. He is sexy; he brings sexy back.

Boston
04-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Let me use an analogy. A teacher teaches school. Summer comes and the teacher is off work. When he returns to the school in the Fall, he is coming back to the school. Hence, Brett comes back after the offseason. He is sexy; he brings sexy back.

Ahhhhhhhhh.

ny10804
04-15-2007, 12:37 AM
actually it was 5 attempts and two picks, but this was a great idea... inspires me to do it

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1028

http://www.dangeroustacos.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/kthxbye.jpg

neko4
04-15-2007, 12:45 AM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1028

http://www.dangeroustacos.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/kthxbye.jpg

Wouldnt be the first time NFL.com was wrong

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/players.nsf/ID/07210058
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=112

It may have to do with how each site counts stats

ny10804
04-15-2007, 12:47 AM

Who knows. Was the completion to himself with ATL or GB?

GB12
04-15-2007, 12:48 AM

But nfl.com has the stats that count.

neko4
04-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Who knows. Was the completion to himself with ATL or GB?

It was Green Bay against Tampa

neko4
04-15-2007, 12:49 AM
But nfl.com has the stats that count.

says who???

princefielder28
04-15-2007, 07:31 AM
says who???

I would think so considering they're the official site of the NFL

neko4
04-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Players who met w/ GB last year
Tyler Reed, OL, Penn State
Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise State
Adam Roberts, OLB/DE, Cincinnati
Andy Fantuz, WR, Western Ontario (Canada)
Dave Tollefson, DE, NW Missouri State
Only two of those drafted

princefielder28
04-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Players who met w/ GB last year
Tyler Reed, OL, Penn State
Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise State
Adam Roberts, OLB/DE, Cincinnati
Andy Fantuz, WR, Western Ontario (Canada)
Dave Tollefson, DE, NW Missouri State
Only two of those drafted

thats 40 percent

Boston
04-15-2007, 06:38 PM
thats 40 percent

Probably the two that went good, but i suppose that goes without saying. But I said it, just to put it out there in case anybody had trouble coming up with that on there own. Which I don't see why you would because the players listed appear to be nobodies. So it turns out TT was right, except for Tollefson, but we'll see how that goes. So technically, we only got one quality player out of meetings, so i'd take those with a grain of salt. Sometimes I ramble incoherently. Its quite enjoyable.

princefielder28
04-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Probably the two that went good, but i suppose that goes without saying. But I said it, just to put it out there in case anybody had trouble coming up with that on there own. Which I don't see why you would because the players listed appear to be nobodies. So it turns out TT was right, except for Tollefson, but we'll see how that goes. So technically, we only got one quality player out of meetings, so i'd take those with a grain of salt.

a grain of salt is about right

M1Koter
04-17-2007, 10:18 AM
good to see this tread is finnaly stickied

princefielder28
04-17-2007, 02:24 PM
good to see this tread is finnaly stickied

Too bad there's really nothing to talk about.

GB12
04-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Too bad there's really nothing to talk about.

Yeah, I know. It was falling half way down the page before I stickied it. Nothing's going to happen until the draft too. It could be a long 11 days.

someone447
04-17-2007, 03:28 PM
It's kinda funny, I have been here the longest, and I have a lot less posts than everyone else. When I first got here it was pretty much, me, Moses, and Vince. Then the rest of you started showing up a few months later.

Favre4
04-17-2007, 03:31 PM
yeah i kind of feel the same way someone.

princefielder28
04-17-2007, 04:26 PM
It's kinda funny, I have been here the longest, and I have a lot less posts than everyone else. When I first got here it was pretty much, me, Moses, and Vince. Then the rest of you started showing up a few months later.

sorry but I got the full time call to the majors and decided be a big time player

PACKmanN
04-17-2007, 04:34 PM
10 days before the draft!!!!!!

GB12
04-17-2007, 06:59 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Tory James to the Pats. I know some of you wanted him.

ny10804
Green Bay Packers on NFLDC Timeline pre-2006

01-10-2005 | Favre4 joins
04-05-2005 | Twiddler (formerly twrdrms, or something)
04-30-2005 | rainman joins
10-28-2005 | Moses joins
10-31-2005 | Vince Lombardi joins
11-07-2005 | someone447 joins
11-14-2005 | Rodgers and Lynch_07 joins (potential to be the most clutch name ever)
12-05-2005 | PacMan joins
12-06-2005 | beef joins
12-17-2005 | Jim Jim joins
12-20-2005 | ny10804 joins

My apologies to anyone I forgot.

princefielder28

Thats alright. We could use a young corner to mix in with our veterans.

ny10804
04-17-2007, 07:03 PM

Meh. Wouldn't have minded him. At least it gives the young guys an opportunity to gain that nickel spot.

GB12
04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
11-14-2005 | Rodgers and Lynch_07 joins (potential to be the most clutch name ever)

Heh, you do know he used to be Rodgers and Bush_06. Based off that list I must be like #12-15 then.

As for James, I was never for him and glad we didn't sign him.

cuzifelt1ikeit
04-17-2007, 08:42 PM
i first joined jan 1 06 but i lost my password to my other account haha

princefielder28
04-17-2007, 09:13 PM
i first joined jan 1 06 but i lost my password to my other account haha

Did you have alot of posts then???

jackalope
04-17-2007, 09:44 PM
i first joined jan 1 06 but i lost my password to my other account hahaI joined Jan 2nd, 06 i think.

neko4
04-17-2007, 09:45 PM
I joined sometime in January of 2007. I think it was the week before the super bowl, ya know that week right, w/o a game

PACKmanN
04-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Green Bay Packers on NFLDC Timeline pre-2006

01-10-2005 | Favre4 joins
04-05-2005 | Twiddler (formerly twrdrms, or something)
04-30-2005 | rainman joins
10-28-2005 | Moses joins
10-31-2005 | Vince Lombardi joins
11-07-2005 | someone447 joins
12-05-2005 | PacMan joins
12-06-2005 | beef joins
12-17-2005 | Jim Jim joins
12-20-2005 | ny10804 joins

My apologies to anyone I forgot.

thats F^ because i join before Rodgers and Lynch, Pac Man, Beef...

JF4
04-18-2007, 06:29 AM
I joined as javon favre in February of '06.

jackalope
04-18-2007, 07:31 AM
I joined early January, 06.

Some Robinson news.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/04/17/bc.fbn.krobinson.sentence.ap/index.html?eref=fromMySIScreenServer

JF4
04-18-2007, 04:13 PM
There is really nothing to talk about in Packer land these days.

ny10804
04-18-2007, 08:22 PM
There is really nothing to talk about in Packer land these days.

Calm before the storm.

princefielder28
04-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Calm before the storm.

Hope you're right

jackalope
04-18-2007, 09:39 PM
There is really nothing to talk about in Packer land these days.I know, I'm just counting down the days until the draft.

PACKmanN
04-19-2007, 12:02 AM
I know, I'm just counting down the days until the draft.

Just forget about the draft for a week and it will come, thats what im going to do. Im going to be playing on my ps3 in my spare time so i wont be online anymore here. See you later ontill the draft.

The Legend
04-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Well Guys 9 Days Left

do you think the Packers will move back/front

i really dont think so

but i hope we find a way to get two 2nd round picks
i think it can be very useful

The Legend
04-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Players I Hope We Look At

RB
Kenny Irons | Running Back | Auburn | Height: 5-10 | Weight: 203 | 40-Time: 4.45

WR
Jason Hill | Wide Receiver | Washington St. | Height: 6-1 | Weight: 204 | 40-Time: 4.32

TE
Michael Allan | Tight End | Whitworth | Height: 6-6 | Weight: 255 | 40-Time: 4.71

DE
Brian Robison | Defensive End | Texas | Height: 6-3 | Weight: 259 | 40-Time: 4.67

DT
Paul Soliai | Defensive Tackle | Utah | Height: 6-4 | Weight: 344 | 40-Time: 5.14

LB
Quincy Black | Outside Linebacker | New Mexico | Height: 6-1 | Weight: 240 | 40-Time: 4.50

CB
Courtney Brown | Cornerback | Cal Poly | Height: 6-2 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.34

S
Sabby Piscitelli | Safety | Oregon St. | Height: 6-2 | Weight: 224 | 40-Time: 4.47

Thou The Player I Want The Most Will Be Eric Weddle :)

*The Legend*
Trade Down In 1st Round And Get A 2nd Round
1st Round : Greg Olsen - TE
2nd Round : Jason Hill - WR
2nd Round : Eric Weddle - S
3rd Round : Kenny Irons - RB
4th Round : Quincy Black - OLB
5th Round : Paul Soliai - NT
6th Round : Cory Anderson - FB
7th Round : Geoffrey Pope - CB/KR
7th Round : Jermon Bushrod - OT
7th Round : Nick Jones - OC

Moses
04-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Well Guys 9 Days Left

do you think the Packers will move back/front

i really dont think so

but i hope we find a way to get two 2nd round picks
i think it can be very useful

I could see the Packers trading down in the 1st round if they don't want to select Lynch or if he's not available. I just hope the Packers address runningback, tight end, and wide receiver in this draft.

cheesehead10790
04-20-2007, 09:34 AM
*The Legend*
Trade Down In 1st Round And Get A 2nd Round
1st Round : Greg Olsen - TE
2nd Round : Jason Hill - WR
2nd Round : Eric Weddle - S
3rd Round : Kenny Irons - RB
4th Round : Quincy Black - OLB
5th Round : Paul Soliai - NT
6th Round : Cory Anderson - FB
7th Round : Geoffrey Pope - CB/KR
7th Round : Jermon Bushrod - OT
7th Round : Nick Jones - OC[/QUOTE]

You dont think Weddle will make it to the third? I like him a lot too because he plays with that unteachable football mindset and has a great attitude but I think he might be left for us in round 3.

PackAttack
04-20-2007, 10:31 AM
I got to thinking and I would have no qualms with this happening:

Pack trades down in 1st and gets another 2nd
1) Reggie Nelson
2) Sydney Rice
3) Antonio Pittman/Tony Hunt/Michael Bush

I would love to see them do something like this.....or even somehow get a THIRD 2nd rounder and pick up Ben Patrick as well.

Then in Day 2 add some CB and DL depth.

neko4
04-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Trade down in 1st
1) Reggie Nelson
2a) Brian Leonard
2b) Ben Patrick
3) Tony Hunt(Hunt and Leonard would make a great power rushing duo)
4) Nickel CB
5) SLB
6) Matt Trannon
7a) DL
7b) OL
7c) QB

TitleTown088
04-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Trade up for AD!!!

cheesehead10790
04-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Trade up for AD!!!

YES! I want that.

princefielder28
04-20-2007, 05:45 PM
YES! I want that.

I hope nobody would be against it

Vince Lombardi
04-20-2007, 06:36 PM
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/8729/packergirlsignature1ap6.jpg

jackalope
04-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Trade up for AD!!!I wouldn't expect TT to.

M1Koter
04-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Trade up for AD!!!

I would love to see AD in Green and Gold. Dang that would be awsome

Moses
04-21-2007, 09:19 AM
I think the Packers are going to go wide receiver in the first round now. I don't think Lynch is in Thompson's plans and I think he'll pass on him for that reason. Thompson likes high-character guys and right or wrong, Lynch has some character issues (mostly with his maturity and work ethic).

Olsen is a possibility but unless the Packers trade down I can't see them reaching for him at 16.

That leaves wide receiver, a big need for the Packers. They need somebody who can stretch the field vertically but also operate in the WCO. I think it'll end up being either Ginn Jr. or Meachem.

Ginn Jr. will make a big impact on special teams as a returner, a spot that the Packers have been unable to fill for years now. Plus, he'll be valuable running screens which the Packers love to do. Also, he's great to have running slants and he can definitely stretch the field vertically. The biggest question mark with Ginn is his ability to work across the middle of the field, something that is requires of most WCO receivers. His small frame is also a big negative in the WCO.

Meachem is a great athlete who has the speed, athletic ability, and size to be effective running all the routes. He's a prototypical WCO receiver and should fit the scheme very nicely. Meachem is a great prospect but he's only had one season of college dominance which raises some questions about him.

One more note about Ginn Jr. is that he's seen as a prima donna by some. That's definitely not what the Packers are looking for so I see them leaning towards Meachem in that respect.

All in all, I see the Packers taking Meachem in the first round. He has all the tools to be a dominant wide receiver and he's more of a Packer-person than Ginn Jr. or Olsen.

The Packers will probably look at runningback in the second or third round. I could see a guy like Tony Hunt or Michael Bush being selected to split carries with Morency.

princefielder28
04-21-2007, 09:23 AM
I love the idea of Meachem if we go WR and I like Hunt as our back as well

Moses
04-21-2007, 09:50 AM
I love the idea of Meachem if we go WR and I like Hunt as our back as well

I'd be happy with Meachem and am actually starting to think he'd be a better fit than Lynch. Meachem is great in the redzone which is another big plus for him since that's a spot where the Packers really struggled last season.

Vince Lombardi
04-21-2007, 10:00 AM
I think the Packers are going to go wide receiver in the first round now. I don't think Lynch is in Thompson's plans and I think he'll pass on him for that reason. Thompson likes high-character guys and right or wrong, Lynch has some character issues (mostly with his maturity and work ethic).

Olsen is a possibility but unless the Packers trade down I can't see them reaching for him at 16.

That leaves wide receiver, a big need for the Packers. They need somebody who can stretch the field vertically but also operate in the WCO. I think it'll end up being either Ginn Jr. or Meachem.

Ginn Jr. will make a big impact on special teams as a returner, a spot that the Packers have been unable to fill for years now. Plus, he'll be valuable running screens which the Packers love to do. Also, he's great to have running slants and he can definitely stretch the field vertically. The biggest question mark with Ginn is his ability to work across the middle of the field, something that is requires of most WCO receivers. His small frame is also a big negative in the WCO.

Meachem is a great athlete who has the speed, athletic ability, and size to be effective running all the routes. He's a prototypical WCO receiver and should fit the scheme very nicely. Meachem is a great prospect but he's only had one season of college dominance which raises some questions about him.

One more note about Ginn Jr. is that he's seen as a prima donna by some. That's definitely not what the Packers are looking for so I see them leaning towards Meachem in that respect.

All in all, I see the Packers taking Meachem in the first round. He has all the tools to be a dominant wide receiver and he's more of a Packer-person than Ginn Jr. or Olsen.

The Packers will probably look at runningback in the second or third round. I could see a guy like Tony Hunt or Michael Bush being selected to split carries with Morency.

I agree, this is definitely a possibility. I think Meachem makes alot more sense than Ginn. Ginn can do alot of great things but McCarthy has stated that he wants big WR's for his offense. It's also no secret that we've struggled badly in the redzone the last few years, with Franks falling off and losing Javon. Meachem, with his size, would be a better redzone target then Ginn since speed is kinda negated in the redzone. The only thing that makes we think twice is that Meachem wasn't terribly productive in college, and when you consider that good WR's can be found in later rounds it may be a bit much to give up.

The other option that I think is very possible is a DB. I think someone like Revis possesses the size and skill to flourish in GB's defense. When you consider that teams have their nickel back on the field for about half the game you realize that it's very important to have a good one. Revis could develop as a #3 for a couple of years and then take over for one of our aging starters.

Moses
04-21-2007, 10:28 AM
I agree, this is definitely a possibility. I think Meachem makes alot more sense than Ginn. Ginn can do alot of great things but McCarthy has stated that he wants big WR's for his offense. It's also no secret that we've struggled badly in the redzone the last few years, with Franks falling off and losing Javon. Meachem, with his size, would be a better redzone target then Ginn since speed is kinda negated in the redzone. The only thing that makes we think twice is that Meachem wasn't terribly productive in college, and when you consider that good WR's can be found in later rounds it may be a bit much to give up.

The other option that I think is very possible is a DB. I think someone like Revis possesses the size and skill to flourish in GB's defense. When you consider that teams have their nickel back on the field for about half the game you realize that it's very important to have a good one. Revis could develop as a #3 for a couple of years and then take over for one of our aging starters.

Meachem was extremely productive this season (his first season as a full-time starter). That said, his early career numbers were less than stellar.

The Packers are definitely going to look at DBs in this draft but I don't think it will happen in the first round. Harris and Woodson are great starters so an immediate help isn't really needed.

Vince Lombardi
04-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Meachem was extremely productive this season (his first season as a full-time starter). That said, his early career numbers were less than stellar.

The Packers are definitely going to look at DBs in this draft but I don't think it will happen in the first round. Harris and Woodson are great starters so an immediate help isn't really needed.

Harris and Woodson are definitely great starters, but neither of them are spring chickens anymore. I have hope that Will Blackmon will develop, but he's extremely raw still, besides him we don't have a whole lot going on at CB depth and potential wise. Maybe Frank Walker can be a solid NB, but I don't see him being anything more. Dendy has some potential, but once again, I don't know if the future holds a starting position for him. We need guys who can get some experience and develop into our future starters. Revis has the size and ability to be a great CB in our system, he also is a very good return man so that factors in to the equation too. With how much he would see the field as a NB and special teamer I think he would be worth the pick.

I'm not saying that this has to be the move, there are lots of different ways we could go, I just don't think it would be a bad one.

Jim Jim
04-21-2007, 10:42 AM
We need to start grooming a CB, or in a few short short years, we'll have NO lockdown CB and you saw how it was when we just had Harris.

GadoR'Savior
04-21-2007, 11:30 AM

Ummmm Koren Robinson?? High Character??? If Lynch is there you can't pass on himif not trade down and pick up another 2nd. Meachem, Olsen, Ginn Jr. , Jarrett, Nelson, Griffin, tradin down isnt a bad idea....at all.

Plus I never heard Marshawn had a prob with work ethic, all i have heard is he is an extremely hard work! Now as for maturity yea ur right about that one.

princefielder28
04-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Ummmm Koren Robinson?? High Character??? If Lynch is there you can't pass on himif not trade down and pick up another 2nd. Meachem, Olsen, Ginn Jr. , Jarrett, Nelson, Griffin, tradin down isnt a bad idea....at all.

Plus I never heard Marshawn had a prob with work ethic, all i have heard is he is an extremely hard work! Now as for maturity yea ur right about that one.

Robinson was somebody Thompson knew from the past so he could trust him and knew he could keep him in line

Vince Lombardi
04-21-2007, 11:33 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070421/PKR01/704210568/1989

Interesting comments on Jason Hill (they mistakingly called him Justin).....

neko4
04-21-2007, 12:25 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070421/PKR01/704210568/1989

Interesting comments on Jason Hill (they mistakingly called him Justin).....

Im liking him more

Whistler6
04-21-2007, 01:07 PM
1st round - Best player available.. after that, I say either Kenny Irons or Lorenzeo Booker in 2nd or 3rd. Im just not sold on Lynch.

princefielder28
04-21-2007, 02:29 PM
1st round - Best player available.. after that, I say either Kenny Irons or Lorenzeo Booker in 2nd or 3rd. Im just not sold on Lynch.

I think the best option outside of the top 2 at RB is Tony Hunt; I was very impressed at the Senior Bowl; he isn't flashy but he gets the job done

neko4
04-21-2007, 03:12 PM
I think the best option outside of the top 2 at RB is Tony Hunt; I was very impressed at the Senior Bowl; he isn't flashy but he gets the job done

Hey you stole my reasoning for picking Hunt!
But yeah Hunt would be a great pick, hes a powerful runner and brings things to the table that Morency doesnt

Football Fan
04-22-2007, 02:05 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=594418

damasta13
04-22-2007, 06:42 AM
I think that as long as we go rb, te and maybe safety in rounds 1-3 i will be happy, i would prefer to go olsen, rouse, pittman

princefielder28
04-22-2007, 08:13 AM
I think that as long as we go rb, te and maybe safety in rounds 1-3 i will be happy, i would prefer to go olsen, rouse, pittman
Rouse is okay but Pittman I am not a big fan of

neko4
04-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Anybody think theres a chance we could reach on Leonard or another RB in the 1st?

damasta13
04-22-2007, 10:19 AM
I think unless we take lynch or even maybe AD in the first round, we wont take an rb until at best round 2/3. I think going for leonard at pick 16 would be absurd, but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinions :P

Vince Lombardi
04-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Anybody think theres a chance we could reach on Leonard or another RB in the 1st?

no way at #16. If they traded all the way back to the end of round 1 possibly, but I highly doubt it.

GB12
04-22-2007, 12:38 PM
I don't know why you like Leonard so much. He has no place in our back field. I don't see him as any thing special to begin with. I wouldn't take him in the second, it would be rediculous to take hi at 16. He would not work at all in the ZBS and he doesn't have elite speed or great power either. If you were thinking of playing him at FB, he isn't a good fit there. We use a blocking fullback that very rarely touches the ball, and if he does it is just a short pass.

Jim Jim
04-22-2007, 12:46 PM
I don't know why you like Leonard so much. He has no place in our back field. I don't see him as any thing special to begin with. I wouldn't take him in the second, it would be rediculous to take hi at 16. He would not work at all in the ZBS and he doesn't have elite speed or great power either. If you were thinking of playing him at FB, he isn't a good fit there. We use a blocking fullback that very rarely touches the ball, and if he does it is just a short pass.

You don't need great speed to be in a ZBS system, that's why Ron Dayne and Mike Anderson had great success in the system. I would definitely consider Leonard because he can catch the ball extremely well, has decent speed and is a hard worker. He can line up at RB or FB in different formations. He actually could probably line up in TE as well because he has that well pass catching skills. Leonard is tough, strong and powerful. I think you're just talking him down because you personally don't like him. But I would love to him at the end of the first for an extra second.

Favre4
04-22-2007, 01:50 PM
brian leonard is an amazing prospect. he is fast, strong, and built like a mac truck. he can catch out of the backfield. if you dont think that there is a place on the packers roster for him, youre crazy.

i would much rather have him than booker or pittman. he was much more productive in college than either one of those two based on his playing time compared to them.

Favre4
04-22-2007, 01:51 PM
WOW im glad to see someone else has thought of putting leonard at the tight end spot in mike mccarthys beloved 2 end set.

Favre4
04-22-2007, 02:15 PM
what do you guys think of sidney rice? one of these wideouts on the board is going to fall to the second round, and i think it might be sidney. if he had stayed at south carolina i think he would be a top 15 pick next year. if he falls to the second round would you like to see the packers grab him?

neko4
04-22-2007, 02:19 PM
i dont want him... mostly cuz i dont think hes as fast as other WR's like Jason Hill

M1Koter
04-22-2007, 02:23 PM
brian leonard is an amazing prospect. he is fast, strong, and built like a mac truck. he can catch out of the backfield. if you dont think that there is a place on the packers roster for him, youre crazy

I'm crazy then, he doesnt fit

ny10804
04-22-2007, 02:23 PM
what do you guys think of sidney rice? one of these wideouts on the board is going to fall to the second round, and i think it might be sidney. if he had stayed at south carolina i think he would be a top 15 pick next year. if he falls to the second round would you like to see the packers grab him?

I'd be totally alright with that. This would be my dream scenario:

1 (16) Jamal Anderson
BPA and just way too good to pass up. From everything I've heard, he could very well be here at 16. Other options are: Marshawn Lynch, Patrick Willis, Alan Branch, Leon Hall, or a trade down.

2 (47) Sidney Rice
Amazing potential. Perfect WR for our system. Moderate risk/high reward factor. Great 3rd WR and a playmaker. Other options are: Zach Miller or a trade down to get Ben Patrick.

3 (78) Kenny Irons
Solid player. Low risk/good reward. Would pair very well with Morency. Carries would be about 60/40 in Morency's favor.

Favre4
04-22-2007, 02:32 PM
true he may not be as fast, but he did play against SEC competition. He dominated the SEC, and you cant ask for a whole lot more than that. Ted Thompson drafts based on production in college, and sidney rice produced so i think it is more likely that ted thompson drafts rice than jason allen.

GB12
04-22-2007, 03:49 PM
I'd be totally alright with that. This would be my dream scenario:

1 (16) Jamal Anderson
BPA and just way too good to pass up. From everything I've heard, he could very well be here at 16. Other options are: Marshawn Lynch, Patrick Willis, Alan Branch, Leon Hall, or a trade down.

2 (47) Sidney Rice
Amazing potential. Perfect WR for our system. Moderate risk/high reward factor. Great 3rd WR and a playmaker. Other options are: Zach Miller or a trade down to get Ben Patrick.

3 (78) Kenny Irons
Solid player. Low risk/good reward. Would pair very well with Morency. Carries would be about 60/40 in Morency's favor.

I love it.

princefielder28
04-22-2007, 04:05 PM
I love it.

Same boat as you

jackalope
04-22-2007, 04:47 PM
I would really like Sidney Rice in the second. If he were to fall to there It'd be a great pickup.

As for the mock draft above, I really don't like the idea of taking a 1st round D-Lineman, even if it is BPA.

ny10804
04-22-2007, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't mind picking up a top talent that slips to 16. For example: Patrick Willis would be a good fit at SAM. Sure we have Poppinga, but could you imagine a LB core with Hawk, Barnett, and Willis? Insane. And with the coverage skills of all three of those, all three would be in the base D and nickel 3-3-5 (which we did with Pop). Two would be in for the regular nickel and the occasional 3-2-6 dime package. He's a player I would not pass up.

I'd rank players we can't pass up as so:

1. Patrick Willis
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. Jamal Anderson
4. Alan Branch

Anything else would be a trade down, IMO.

Jim Jim
04-22-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't think TT would pass Willis up either.

princefielder28
04-22-2007, 06:41 PM

He won't have to make that decision

Vince Lombardi
04-22-2007, 06:58 PM

While Willis would would be a great upgrade over Poppinga, I just have a hard time seeing TT making that pick. Having three 1st round LB's & a 3rd rounder just seems like too much money going to one position. I'd love Willis, it just doesn't seem reasonable though. Also, I really doubt he's available.

johbur
04-22-2007, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't mind picking up a top talent that slips to 16. For example: Patrick Willis would be a good fit at SAM. Sure we have Poppinga, but could you imagine a LB core with Hawk, Barnett, and Willis? Insane. And with the coverage skills of all three of those, all three would be in the base D and nickel 3-3-5 (which we did with Pop). Two would be in for the regular nickel and the occasional 3-2-6 dime package. He's a player I would not pass up.

I'd rank players we can't pass up as so:

1. Patrick Willis
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. Jamal Anderson
4. Alan Branch

Anything else would be a trade down, IMO.

Branch has no heart. I would far rather have a number of other guys other than him.

Jamal Anderson would be a great pick in theory and value, but when would he play? Ahead of Cullen and Kampman? Ahead of KGB on passing downs? Willis would be solid, but 2 1st round LBs back to back? LB Corp would be amazing for years.

I still like Olsen, Nelson, maybe a WR. Lynch cleared his Packers physical, but he's not my favorite guy in this draft. One of my new favorites that would be a TT guy in R2 or R3, especially if TT trades down, which I am very much in favor of in R1:

Usama Young, Kent State, CB (5-11, 196; 4.40)
He was not invited to the Combine. At Kent State's Pro Day on March 9, he ran his 40s in 4.39 and 4.40 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.31 and the three-cone drill in 6.65. He also had a 43-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-11 broad jump and 15 strength lifts. In high school, he played wide receiver and defensive back. At Kent State, he started as a true freshman and wound up starting in 40 games over his four-year career. He has very good cover skills. He's tough and a hard worker. He was a productive player who was good on special teams. He could be the first player drafted this year who wasn't invited to the Combine. (nfl.com)

jackalope
04-22-2007, 08:08 PM
While Willis would would be a great upgrade over Poppinga, I just have a hard time seeing TT making that pick. Having three 1st round LB's & a 3rd rounder just seems like too much money going to one position. I'd love Willis, it just doesn't seem reasonable though. Also, I really doubt he's available.I completely agree with this.

If Lynch and Olsen are gone I wouldn't mind taking a receiver, such as Bowe.

neko4
04-22-2007, 08:20 PM
I just dont believe in taking a #3, backup WR in round 1 considering we have a real shot at the playoffs. Round 2 maybe, round 3 perfect, but round 1 makes the pick seem like an Aaron Rodgers pick. I think we go Reggie Nelson or trade down and grab Griffin

M1Koter
04-22-2007, 09:10 PM
So guys, one year later, if the #5 pick was to be done over, and mario and AJ was on the board, which one. I was saying AJ all last year, and I know it was probably about 50/50 last year about who wanted who

jackalope
04-22-2007, 09:25 PM
So guys, one year later, if the #5 pick was to be done over, and mario and AJ was on the board, which one. I was saying AJ all last year, and I know it was probably about 50/50 last year about who wanted whoI had been hoping for Williams, but now I'd opt for Hawk. Our DEs were good last year and Hawk played great so I think he was the better choice.

neko4
04-22-2007, 09:30 PM
DeMeco Ryans at #5! It wouldnt of happened then but what about knowing what we do today

RockJock07
04-22-2007, 11:13 PM
As most draft experts said, Hawk was the safest pick of the entire draft and I was very surprised to see how NFL ready he was.

The better question would be Hawk or Vernon Davis cause the Packers had a shot to take either one and no one would have blamed TT if he took Davis. Williams was going to be gone by #5 anyways, but I think Davis will have a better career then Williams anyways, but I'm very happy with AJ.

TitleTown088
04-23-2007, 01:04 AM
As most draft experts said, Hawk was the safest pick of the entire draft and I was very surprised to see how NFL ready he was.

The better question would be Hawk or Vernon Davis cause the Packers had a shot to take either one and no one would have blamed TT if he took Davis. Williams was going to be gone by #5 anyways, but I think Davis will have a better career then Williams anyways, but I'm very happy with AJ. Davis said he wouldn't play in GB anyways.

PACKmanN
04-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Davis said he wouldn't play in GB anyways.

lol who needs him? He could barely learn the playbook, was hurt for most of the season.

I guess what TT is doing is working, he making ppl and GMs think that if Willis is there he will take him. He working everyone, he going to trade back everything points to it.

princefielder28
04-23-2007, 02:20 PM
lol who needs him? He could barely learn the playbook, was hurt for most of the season.

I guess what TT is doing is working, he making ppl and GMs think that if Willis is there he will take him. He working everyone, he going to trade back everything points to it.

How did the discussion of Willis being available at 16 come about??? There's no chance that he's there so it's really a dead issue

JF4
04-23-2007, 04:47 PM
How did the discussion of Willis being available at 16 come about??? There's no chance that he's there so it's really a dead issue

Although it's highly unlikely there's always a chance my friend.

princefielder28
04-23-2007, 05:19 PM

I guarantee no chance even though you can say there's a chance but if for unseen reason he feel all the way to 14 Carolina would be in love with him

princefielder28
04-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Coming into today I had little respect for the Green Bay Press Gazette when it came to draft coverage but after reading the paper today I have lost any respect that I may have had. They said that Michigan State QB Drew Stanton does not have the ability to be a starting QB in the NFL. I've always been very high on Drew and see his capabilities are much higher than he showed in college due to a weak supporting cast.

HolySchnikes
04-23-2007, 07:02 PM

I really don't see the Packers taking a LB in the 1st round, 2 years in a row. But anything can happen and i wouldn't be mad if we did. I just think the pack needs a Saftey or HB more than a LB.

johbur
04-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I really don't see the Packers taking a LB in the 1st round, 2 years in a row. But anything can happen and i wouldn't be mad if we did. I just think the pack needs a Saftey or HB more than a LB.

TE, WR, HB and SS all bigger needs. That being said, Willis would be an excellent value if he fell, or if TT broke type-cast and moved to #13 to grab him. With Willis on board, particularly with Pop and Hodge, they could play situational 3-4. I don't think the Packers need him, but I believe in getting the top value for your picks even if you end up with a position being stronger than it needs to be. People don't understand why you would take a Levi Brown if he were available, but maybe they forgot when the Packers lost Tausch and Cliffy in the same season... All it takes in the NFL is a bad ACL injury or leg break that doesn't respond or come back and a position of strength can get mediocre quickly.

GB12
04-23-2007, 08:49 PM
TE, WR, HB and SS all bigger needs. That being said, Willis would be an excellent value if he fell, or if TT broke type-cast and moved to #13 to grab him. With Willis on board, particularly with Pop and Hodge, they could play situational 3-4. I don't think the Packers need him, but I believe in getting the top value for your picks even if you end up with a position being stronger than it needs to be. People don't understand why you would take a Levi Brown if he were available, but maybe they forgot when the Packers lost Tausch and Cliffy in the same season... All it takes in the NFL is a bad ACL injury or leg break that doesn't respond or come back and a position of strength can get mediocre quickly.

At 16 the value for Willis is to good to pass up. Trading up to get it doesn't help us though. Now Brown on the other hand would be a terrible pick. He'd have to sit on the bench for a couple years, and Thomas is good enough to be able to find guys in later rounds that are just as good. If one of Tauscher or Clifton go down, Colledge could shift over to T and Moll and Spitz at G, which I expect to be how the line will look in the future. Them both going down is possible, but unlikely. it's like saying Driver and Jennings will get hurt. It's a very very slim chance and we'd be screwed anyway. Picking Brown would be useless. We need someone to help now, not in 3 years.

princefielder28
04-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Levi Brown would be a waste of a 1st round pick at this point in the Packers progress; we have a well established set of tackles and we spent numerous picks last year on the OL and other areas are of more significance to address

RockJock07
04-24-2007, 01:03 AM
The closer we get to draft day, the closer I think that TT won't take Lynch if he's at 16. My gut is telling me he would rather go with Olsen. I have no basis for this, Im just floating this. Personally, I'd take either one, but as we get closer I'm leaning towards Olsen. Before the draft is over with, I think TT will have draft 2 RB's and with the way he trades down and stockpiles picks, i wouldn't be surprised if he took a chance on Micheal Bush.

Bush, when healthly, ran over people, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot in the 4th round but I have a feeling he may go in the late 3rd.

Moses
04-24-2007, 03:44 AM
At 16 the value for Willis is to good to pass up. Trading up to get it doesn't help us though. Now Brown on the other hand would be a terrible pick. He'd have to sit on the bench for a couple years, and Thomas is good enough to be able to find guys in later rounds that are just as good. If one of Tauscher or Clifton go down, Colledge could shift over to T and Moll and Spitz at G, which I expect to be how the line will look in the future. Them both going down is possible, but unlikely. it's like saying Driver and Jennings will get hurt. It's a very very slim chance and we'd be screwed anyway. Picking Brown would be useless. We need someone to help now, not in 3 years.

There's basically no chance that the Packers draft Willis. If would be a terrible pick and Thompson knows that. Barnett and Hawk are both top-tier players who are signed long-term. Poppinga has the other spot locked down and Hodge provides good depth behind the starters. Linebacker is the position the Packers are most solidified at. It's in no way a need. Plus, the amount of money already tied up in the position would make it very difficult to take another first round linebacker.

M1Koter
04-24-2007, 06:30 AM
To go off what Moses said, there would be so much money wasted if we had 3 first round LB's. What happends during dime and nickle, 1 or 2 of those guys are getting taken out of the game, so then you only have a first round LB only playing 1st and 2nd down, now thats just a waste

princefielder28
04-24-2007, 06:31 AM
To go off what Moses said, there would be so much money wasted if we had 3 first round LB's. What happends during dime and nickle, 1 or 2 of those guys are getting taken out of the game, so then you only have a first round LB only playing 1st and 2nd down, now thats just a waste

No worries, LB will not be address for depth until later in Day 2

Mwkick
04-24-2007, 07:02 AM
I can't see TT taking Olson either. He's one dimensional. If the Pack don't take lynch I think eveyrone will be surprised with who TT takes. But I don't think Olson will be taken. And Bush in the 4th....I just can't see them gambling like that. But stranger things have happened...

jackalope
04-24-2007, 07:30 AM
The closer we get to draft day, the closer I think that TT won't take Lynch if he's at 16. My gut is telling me he would rather go with Olsen. I have no basis for this, Im just floating this. Personally, I'd take either one, but as we get closer I'm leaning towards Olsen. Before the draft is over with, I think TT will have draft 2 RB's and with the way he trades down and stockpiles picks, i wouldn't be surprised if he took a chance on Micheal Bush.

Bush, when healthly, ran over people, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot in the 4th round but I have a feeling he may go in the late 3rd.I could definitely see TT pass on Lynch, but i can't see him doing that and taking Olsen instead.

TitleTown088
04-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I think TT may take Lynch and the fact that he indicates he's not interested in Lynch could mean he really is.

princefielder28
04-24-2007, 01:58 PM
I think TT may take Lynch and the fact that he indicates he's not interested in Lynch could mean he really is.

Thats a possibility but the onlt thing that probably would prevent TT from selecting lynch is the possible character questions

The Legend
04-24-2007, 02:03 PM
If We Go Safety
Player I Want
By There Round

1st Round : Michael Griffin | Safety | Texas | Height: 6-0 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.45

Stats : 375 Tackles , 8 Interceptions

2nd Round : Eric Weddle | Safety | Utah | Height: 5-11 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.48

Stats : 300 Tackles , 18 Interceptions

3rd Round : Sabby Piscitelli | Safety | Oregon St. | Height: 6-3 | Weight: 225 | 40-Time: 4.47

Stats : 200 Tackles , 15 Interceptions

4th Round : John Wendling | Safety | Wyoming | Height: 6-1 | Weight: 225 | 40-Time: 4.48

Stats : 275 Tackles , 7 Interceptions

5th Round : Gerald Alexander | Safety | Boise St. | Height: 6-0 | Weight: 210 | 40-Time: 4.58

Stats : 150 Tackles , 9 Interceptions

6th Round : Brandon Harrison | Safety | Stanford | Height: 6-2 | Weight: 230 | 40-Time: 4.65

Stats : 200 Tackles , 5 Interceptions

7th Round : Melvin Bullitt | Safety | Texas A&M | Height: 6-1 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.49

Stats : 200 Tackles , 4 Interceptions

princefielder28
04-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I'd prefer your 2nd round option the most

The Legend
04-24-2007, 02:08 PM
I'd prefer your 2nd round option the most

im 100% with you , and the fact he played SS makes me happy

...found this video http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/225/popup/index.php?cl=2360860

just look at his feet

GB12
04-24-2007, 03:06 PM
There's basically no chance that the Packers draft Willis. If would be a terrible pick and Thompson knows that. Barnett and Hawk are both top-tier players who are signed long-term. Poppinga has the other spot locked down and Hodge provides good depth behind the starters. Linebacker is the position the Packers are most solidified at. It's in no way a need. Plus, the amount of money already tied up in the position would make it very difficult to take another first round linebacker.

Yeah, I just realized how terrible I worded that. I don't want Willis, I am more than happy with Poppinga. I was just saying that the value of him at 16 is huge.

johbur
04-24-2007, 03:37 PM
If We Go Safety
Player I Want
By There Round

1st Round : Michael Griffin | Safety | Texas | Height: 6-0 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.45

2nd Round : Eric Weddle | Safety | Utah | Height: 5-11 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.48

3rd Round : Sabby Piscitelli | Safety | Oregon St. | Height: 6-3 | Weight: 225 | 40-Time: 4.47

4th Round : John Wendling | Safety | Wyoming | Height: 6-1 | Weight: 225 | 40-Time: 4.48

5th Round : Gerald Alexander | Safety | Boise St. | Height: 6-0 | Weight: 210 | 40-Time: 4.58

6th Round : Brandon Harrison | Safety | Stanford | Height: 6-2 | Weight: 230 | 40-Time: 4.65

7th Round : Melvin Bullitt | Safety | Texas A&M | Height: 6-1 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.49

Griffin a bad value at #16. Landry great value there, Nelson good value there. To get Griffin TT could tarde down, which I am always for. I like you guys in the 2nd, 4th and 7th rounds. Weddle would be a versatile weapon and Wendling has the frame to crush in the run game. Bullitt's triangle numbers alone should put him above the 7th round, though.

The Legend
04-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Griffin a bad value at #16. Landry great value there, Nelson good value there. To get Griffin TT could tarde down, which I am always for. I like you guys in the 2nd, 4th and 7th rounds. Weddle would be a versatile weapon and Wendling has the frame to crush in the run game. Bullitt's triangle numbers alone should put him above the 7th round, though.

i think i would take Sabby Piscitelli over Wendling thou i like wendling

and i think everyone knows theres no way for Landry to fall

but i have Griffin over Nelson on my list

Stats : 200 Tackles , 15 Interceptions

Stats : 275 Tackles , 7 Interceptions

The Legend
04-24-2007, 04:08 PM
which do you guys perfer

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/djindjo/Packers-1.jpg

1 OR 2

3 Votes (1)

O Votes (2)

cuzifelt1ikeit
04-24-2007, 04:16 PM
which do you guys perfer

1 OR 2
i would rather see the first

i would also prefer griffin over nelson at 16. although trading down for either is preferable

roidrunner
04-24-2007, 04:16 PM
#1. that would be my choice

jpapa4490
04-24-2007, 04:49 PM
which do you guys perfer

1 OR 2

3 Votes (1)

O Votes (2)

I'll take the second one

JF4
04-24-2007, 04:52 PM
For me personally i'd have Merriweather > Nelson > Griffon. I think the character concerns that Merriweather had are pretty much done. He supposedly did great in all his interviews and he left a good impression on a lot of teams.

jackalope
04-24-2007, 05:00 PM
I would take the 1st linebacker lineup.

I hope we don't pass on Lynch due to "character issues". I don't really see his incidents as a problem. The shooting at his car wasn't intended at him, and the sexual assault charges (I think that's what it was) from his girlfriend appear completely made up. As far as his maturity issues, I'm not sure about that.

cuzifelt1ikeit
04-24-2007, 05:39 PM
I would take the 1st linebacker lineup.

I hope we don't pass on Lynch due to "character issues". I don't really see his incidents as a problem. The shooting at his car wasn't intended at him, and the sexual assault charges (I think that's what it was) from his girlfriend appear completely made up. As far as his maturity issues, I'm not sure about that.
its not just those that are scaring me away its also his back problems...

jackalope
04-24-2007, 05:47 PM
its not just those that are scaring me away its also his back problems...That also doesn't appear a problem. (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=594418)

neko4
04-24-2007, 09:23 PM
I still wish Najeh or Gado panned out.
1st linebackker setup
BTW why did we release Nate Wayne and Nail Diggs?
Also Nate's website:
http://www.bump54.com/
I find it kinda sad when non-all-star type players have websites, but he was prety good though, just not Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher good

The Legend
04-25-2007, 04:32 AM
Brett Favre 'Certain' Randy Moss Will Be a Packer

A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Packers quarterback Brett Favre is "100 percent certain" that Moss will be a Packer by the time the 2007 season starts

Pro Football Talk is reporting that Packers quarterback Brett Favre is confident that Moss will leave the Raiders and become his No. 1 receiver next year:

http://arkansas-basketball.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/13/report-brett-favre-certain-randy-moss-will-be-a-packer/

princefielder28
04-25-2007, 06:03 AM
Brett Favre 'Certain' Randy Moss Will Be a Packer

http://arkansas-basketball.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/13/report-brett-favre-certain-randy-moss-will-be-a-packer/

I have a feeling the source isn't reliable

JF4
04-25-2007, 06:20 AM
I have a feeling the source isn't reliable

Yea i'm in the same boat, I think it was that much of a done deal we would have heard alot more about it.

jackalope
04-25-2007, 07:11 AM
We would have heard more if he said that. It seems to me like the Moss rumor is dead.

PACKmanN
04-25-2007, 03:02 PM
guys face it. If we dont get moss our draft will be something like this

round 1- TE or RB- Greg Olsen
round 2- TE or RB- Buster Davis
round 3- WR- Tony Hunt

no D player on in the frist day.

Jim Jim
04-25-2007, 03:11 PM
I would bet my house that we at least select one D player on day one.

GB12
04-25-2007, 03:20 PM
I would bet my house that we at least select one D player on day one.
I'm agree with not taking one. Really our D is pretty set, it's the offense that needs a boost.

roidrunner
04-25-2007, 03:22 PM
i can understand if we take a defense player round one. because TT takes BPA. not need based as much. thus i am willing to bet that a D player will be on the top of the board when we draft on day one. so i would not put it past him to take a D player first day.

RockJock07
04-25-2007, 03:27 PM
I'd bet that TT is gonna take a CB at some point during day one. TT will end up trading down in some round and we'll end up with over 4 picks. I really want a couple of 2nd rounders but i'm not sure I want to trade down in round 1 or not.

Moses
04-25-2007, 03:29 PM
i can understand if we take a defense player round one. because TT takes BPA. not need based as much. thus i am willing to bet that a D player will be on the top of the board when we draft on day one. so i would not put it past him to take a D player first day.

I'm not sure that Thompson does take BPA. If you look at last year's draft, he drafted primarily for need.

GB12
04-25-2007, 03:30 PM
If we do get a defensive player it will either be in round one, or a CB.

princefielder28
04-25-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure that Thompson does take BPA. If you look at last year's draft, he drafted primarily for need.

But he did consider Colledge and Spitz good fits for the ZBS so they were higher on his board than most and Greg Jennings wasn't one of the more highly touted WRs coming out but TT had a higher grade for him due to his production in college.

Moses
04-25-2007, 04:11 PM
But he did consider Colledge and Spitz good fits for the ZBS so they were higher on his board than most and Greg Jennings wasn't one of the more highly touted WRs coming out but TT had a higher grade for him due to his production in college.

He didn't pick bad-values but every one of the early picks filled a prominent need. OLB, WR, OG...all big needs. Jennings was considered a reach by most where the Packers picked him up.

princefielder28
04-25-2007, 04:13 PM
He didn't pick bad-values but every one of the early picks filled a prominent need. OLB, WR, OG...all big needs. Jennings was considered a reach by most where the Packers picked him up.

I'm sure based on his needs and how he projected the 2 OL into his system he rated them higher on his board and made them targets. The BPA theme probably isn't followed 100% and you're right about that

The Legend
04-25-2007, 06:15 PM
MY DREAM

Marshawn Lynch | Running Back | California | Height: 5-11 | Weight: 215 | 40-Time: 4.46

Eric Weddle | Safety | Utah | Height: 5-11 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.48

Jason Hill | Wide Receiver | Washington St. | Height: 6-1 | Weight: 200 | 40-Time: 4.32

Ben Patrick | Tight End | Delaware | Height: 6-3 | Weight: 250 | 40-Time: 4.74

Yamon Figurs | Wide Receiver | Kansas St. | Height: 5-11 | Weight: 175 | 40-Time: 4.30

Greg Peterson | Defensive End | North Carolina Central | Height: 6-5 | Weight: 290 | 40-Time: 4.70

Walter Thomas | Defensive Tackle | NW Mississippi C.C. | Height: 6-5 | Weight: 375 | 40-Time: 5.10

Favre4
04-25-2007, 07:47 PM
eric weddle never played top competition so i have my doubts. jason hill is a fast guy that didnt do much in college. im not a fan of either pick. there are plenty of wideouts in this draft, we dont have to reach on a maybe. we did that last year with cory rodgers.

Mwkick
04-25-2007, 07:47 PM
The Legend....I love that draft. Weddle would be a great packer. I feel like I'm in the minority, but I've always liked Figurs, gamechanger. Lynch will be solid. Hill can run with the best of them and has great size. I like Patrick as our TE. If only...

princefielder28
04-25-2007, 07:49 PM
The Legend....I love that draft. Weddle would be a great packer. I feel like I'm in the minority, but I've always liked Figurs, gamechanger. Lynch will be solid. Hill can run with the best of them and has great size. I like Patrick as our TE. If only...

The only problem with Hill is he's battled injuries and he doesn't play up to his timed speed

Mwkick
04-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Maybe not, but you have to respect his ability to get in the end zone (32 TD's in 3 years)....

princefielder28
04-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Maybe not, but you have to respect his ability to get in the end zone (32 TD's in 3 years)....

True, for what he's done at WSU he's been under the radar

JF4
04-25-2007, 09:06 PM
That would be a great mock, but I can't see Ben Patrick falling to the fourth. His stock has been on the rise as of late and Scott even has him in the 2nd round of his mock.

princefielder28
04-25-2007, 09:12 PM
That would be a great mock, but I can't see Ben Patrick falling to the fourth. His stock has been on the rise as of late and Scott even has him in the 2nd round of his mock.

Patrick will be without a doubt a Day 1 selection

neko4
04-25-2007, 09:21 PM
So far my somewhat perfect draft:
1) Lynch
2) Miller
3) Hill
4) Bain/FS

princefielder28
04-25-2007, 09:22 PM
So far my somewhat perfect draft:
1) Lynch
2) Miller
3) Hill
4) Bain/FS

that would be nice to see

M1Koter
04-25-2007, 09:22 PM
anyone else read that article posted in the draft forum about peterson's colarbone. They said he re-injured it in the fiesta bowl. He might need surgery. What happends if he slips to say #10, please TT, land this stud

princefielder28
04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
anyone else read that article posted in the draft forum about peterson's colarbone. They said he re-injured it in the fiesta bowl. He might need surgery. What happends if he slips to say #10, please TT, land this stud

Let's hope so!

M1Koter
04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/peterson/index.html
here it is if anyone wants to read it

Mwkick
04-25-2007, 11:59 PM
We sure Peterson was never on the Madden cover???

The Legend
04-26-2007, 02:03 AM
The only problem with Hill is he's battled injuries and he doesn't play up to his timed speed

thats very ture on the speed part ... but im a huge fan of his thou i am worried about his health

Moses
04-26-2007, 07:11 AM
eric weddle never played top competition so i have my doubts. jason hill is a fast guy that didnt do much in college. im not a fan of either pick. there are plenty of wideouts in this draft, we dont have to reach on a maybe. we did that last year with cory rodgers.

Hill was actually very producting in college. He had over 2,700 yards receiving and 32 touchdowns.

RockJock07
04-26-2007, 08:13 AM
If peterson falls to 16, you take him. Then you schedule surgery for the next day to get him heeled up for the season.

I'm usually against taking players with injury problems, but Peterson is a special back and was a beast at OU. I don't think he'll fall to 16 but, just something to think about.

On NFL.com there was a story/video about Jordon Kent, the WR from Oregon. He's raw but I wouldn't mind seeing this kid in green and gold, he can flat out fly and could be selected with one of the Pack's two 7th round picks.

Whistler6
04-26-2007, 02:48 PM
so looking through some old cards of mine, and I found a Tony Mandarich rookie card... for a second I thought this could be worth something. NOPE I tore it in half and threw it in the garbage.

*** Let's all say a pre-draft prayer... Dear Lord, I beg you NOT to let us draft a Tony Mandarich or Jamal Reynolds. Oh, and please let CJ or AD fall to #16. amen.

RockJock07
04-26-2007, 03:34 PM
BIG NEWS!!!

The packers are in serious talks with KC about RB Larry Johnson.

http://packers.scout.com/2/638963.html

DO THIS DEAL TT, PLEASE!!!!

princefielder28
04-26-2007, 03:58 PM
BIG NEWS!!!

The packers are in serious talks with KC about RB Larry Johnson.

http://packers.scout.com/2/638963.html

DO THIS DEAL TT, PLEASE!!!!

Theres several posts through NFLDC about this

GB12
04-26-2007, 04:01 PM
I've never been to that site, how credible is it?

TitleTown088
04-26-2007, 04:30 PM
I've never been to that site, how credible is it?

scout.com denied most of the Moss reports awhile ago when everyone else was busting nuts over the bogus story.

They are fairly credible from my expirance, but who knows.

princefielder28
04-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Good to see GB12 has his Marviel Underwood sig back!

jackalope
04-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Believe it or not I would actually rather not give up a 1st rounder for Johnson. I know he's been extremely productive, but he's almost 28 and he's gotten a ton of carries already. I would rather keep the pick and take Lynch at 16.

princefielder28
04-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Believe it or not I would actually rather not give up a 1st rounder for Johnson. I know he's been extremely productive, but he's almost 28 and he's gotten a ton of carries already. I would rather keep the pick and take Lynch at 16.

Yes, Lynch does have about 5 less years on him and a load less of carries

Mwkick
04-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Would u take LT?

GB12
04-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Would u take LT?

In a second.

jackalope
04-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Would u take LT?Definitely. LT is a far more talented back.

roidrunner
04-27-2007, 03:16 AM
LT over LJ is an easy choice. LT is the most dynamic Rb in the league.

princefielder28
04-27-2007, 06:43 AM
LT over LJ is an easy choice. LT is the most dynamic Rb in the league.

It's not even debateable

someone447
04-27-2007, 10:33 AM
LJ only has two full time years on his tires. He split carries with Holmes for a while, don't forget that. Getting LJ gets us someone who instantly helps. With a running game, we are instantly contenders in the NFC.

roidrunner
04-27-2007, 02:26 PM
im not saying it wont be a huge deal to get LJ. but would he fit our system.

The Legend
04-27-2007, 04:53 PM
what in the world

i heard Larry Johnson want 9year 90 Million / 8Year 85 Million deal

haha that just crazy what Nate Clements has done to what people want

also 9 year would be saying he gonna 36 year old in his last year

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&c=638963

jackalope
04-27-2007, 07:17 PM
what in the world

i heard Larry Johnson want 9year 90 Million / 8Year 85 Million deal

haha that just crazy what Nate Clements has done to what people want

also 9 year would be saying he gonna 36 year old in his last year

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&c=638963If that's how much he wants there is no way I want him.

princefielder28
04-27-2007, 07:36 PM
If that's how much he wants there is no way I want him.

same here!

neko4
04-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Nate Clements and Derrick Dockery have screwed us and the Cheifs

The Legend
04-27-2007, 08:01 PM
same here!

well the latest packer pro bowler ... also i belive thats why the chiefs cant afford him

GB12
04-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Packers Hall of Fame member Bill Forester passed away today.
http://www.nearmintcards.com/pics/1960+Topps/60t_sgc1202098-035.jpg

RIP

princefielder28
04-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Sad to a see a member of the Packers family pass away a day before the draft

TitleTown088
04-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Packers Hall of Fame member Bill Forester passed away today.
http://www.nearmintcards.com/pics/1960+Topps/60t_sgc1202098-035.jpg

RIP

WHAT???

link?

The Legend
04-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Are The Packers In Trouble?

with this free agent big signings of a bunch of nobody O-lineman

what does this mean for Mark Tauscher ?

hes gonna want the big bucks too right?

didnt Tony Pashos get 40 million and Mark is 10 times better

princefielder28
04-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Are The Packers In Trouble?

with this free agent big signings of a bunch of nobody O-lineman

what does this mean for Mark Tauscher ?

hes gonna want the big bucks too right?

didnt Tony Pashos get 40 million and Mark is 10 times better

Tauscher won't try and milk the Packers for a bunch of money; he'll realize that if he takes up a big chunk of the cap that it'll be harder for them to build a contender; he'll get his money but it won't be an extreme amount

The Legend
04-27-2007, 11:18 PM
another question has K.G.B lost to much weight he is 240

GB12
04-27-2007, 11:29 PM
another question has K.G.B lost to much weight he is 240

He doesn't need to be the full time end anymore. He'll be **** against the run, but he won't be in against the run. If it helps his pass rushing then good. That's all he is now, a pass rush specialist.

The Legend
04-27-2007, 11:30 PM
He doesn't need to be the full time end anymore. He'll be **** against the run, but he won't be in against the run. If it helps his pass rushing then good. That's all he is now, a pass rush specialist.

yeah buts that still to little

GB12
04-27-2007, 11:36 PM
yeah buts that still to little

Where'd yoou hear 240 anyway? Playing at 250 would be perfect for him, and that's what i expect him to be. If he truely is 240, I'm sure he'll be putting some more on before the season starts.

princefielder28
04-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Where'd yoou hear 240 anyway? Playing at 250 would be perfect for him, and that's what i expect him to be. If he truely is 240, I'm sure he'll be putting some more on before the season starts.

I like KGB as a backup DE option. He has a great work ethic and if somebody does get hurt he has all the starting experience

The Legend
04-27-2007, 11:51 PM

www.packers.com

johbur
04-28-2007, 12:44 AM
KGB at 240 or 250 doesn't matter to me at all. If he has the speed he had two or three years ago at 240 to get around the end on passing downs and make the sack, GREAT!!! Jason Taylor is light in the pants and it doesn't effect him. Maybe having to have bulked up over the past two years caused KGB's game to slide. Jenkins will be in there on early downs thugging the LT, then KGB gets to come in and around the guy after he's tired. I am hoping for fourth quarter defensive magic from KGB with sacks and forced fumbles after being fresh and playing critical downs.

KGB also makes a good sum for the club and I think he'll show results this year. He has never put on a pretense and he works his butt off. I am glad he's still on the team and I really don't want the Packers to draft a DE this year unless someone like Gaines Adams falls to them.

Football Fan
04-28-2007, 02:16 AM
Can Someone Put Up A Draft Position Point Value Chart Before The Draft Today?

Football Fan
04-28-2007, 02:20 AM
Eh, nevermind it was easy enough to find. But here if anyone doesnt feel like digging it up.

NFL Draft Value Chart
Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Round 7
1 3,000 33 580 65 265 97 112 129 43 161 27 193 14.2
2 2,600 34 560 66 260 98 108 130 42 162 26.6 194 13.8
3 2,200 35 550 67 255 99 104 131 41 163 26.2 195 13.4
4 1,800 36 540 68 250 100 100 132 40 164 25.8 196 13
5 1,700 37 530 69 245 101 96 133 39.5 165 25.4 197 12.6
6 1,600 38 520 70 240 102 92 134 39 166 25 198 12.2
7 1,500 39 510 71 235 103 88 135 38.5 167 24.6 199 11.8
8 1,400 40 500 72 230 104 86 136 38 168 24.2 200 11.4
9 1,350 41 490 73 225 105 84 137 37.5 169 23.8 201 11
10 1,300 42 480 74 220 106 82 138 37 170 23.4 202 10.6
11 1,250 43 470 75 215 107 80 139 36.5 171 23 203 10.2
12 1,200 44 460 76 210 108 78 140 36 172 22.6 204 9.8
13 1,150 45 450 77 205 109 76 141 35.5 173 22.2 205 9.4
14 1,100 46 440 78 200 110 74 142 35 174 21.8 206 9
15 1,050 47 430 79 195 111 72 143 34.5 175 21.4 207 8.6
16 1,000 48 420 80 190 112 70 144 34 176 21 208 8.2
17 950 49 410 81 185 113 68 145 33.5 177 20.6 209 7.8
18 900 50 400 82 180 114 66 146 33 178 20.2 210 7.4
19 875 51 390 83 175 115 64 147 32.6 179 19.8 211 7
20 850 52 380 84 170 116 62 148 32.2 180 19.4 212 6.6
21 800 53 370 85 165 117 60 149 31.8 181 19 213 6.2
22 780 54 360 86 160 118 58 150 31.4 182 18.6 214 5.8
23 760 55 350 87 155 119 56 151 31 183 18.2 215 5.4
24 740 56 340 88 150 120 54 152 30.6 184 17.8 216 5
25 720 57 330 89 145 121 52 153 30.2 185 17.4 217 4.6
26 700 58 320 90 140 122 50 154 29.8 186 17 218 4.2
27 680 59 310 91 136 123 49 155 29.4 187 16.6 219 3.8
28 660 60 300 92 132 124 48 156 29 188 16.2 220 3.4
29 640 61 292 93 128 125 47 157 28.6 189 15.8 221 3
30 620 62 284 94 124 126 46 158 28.2 190 15.4 222 2.6
31 600 63 276 95 120 127 45 159 27.8 191 15 223 2.3
32 590 64 270 96 116 128 44 160 27.4 192 14.6 224 2

johbur
04-28-2007, 03:31 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10153719

At least for a day, Mayock's a genius. Omobi Okoye to the Packers would give me great joy. Olsen to the Bears, not so much, but we'd still have Omobi a dozen years from now.

princefielder28
04-28-2007, 07:34 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10153719

At least for a day, Mayock's a genius. Omobi Okoye to the Packers would give me great joy. Olsen to the Bears, not so much, but we'd still have Omobi a dozen years from now.

And he'd still be in his early 30s :)

johbur
04-28-2007, 08:42 PM
A pity we didn't get Omobi. Ted is evidently taking lessons on drafting from Mike Sherman. Justin "Who?" Harrell with his injured bicep (hello Joe Johnson, part Deux) and Brandon Jackson, who only has Nebraska in common with Ahman Green. The good thing is he's from the ZBS, the bad thing is he has short legs and a 4.55 speed to go with two injured years. Did TT get stock in some company that specializes in treating injured athletes? I HATE picking brittle players on day 1.

Draft so far? F+, with the plus coming from getting the extra third and sixth. Coulda had: Olsen, Leonard, Irons, Meachem and all the other WRs. Hindsight is 20/20, but it would have been great if TT had taken Quinn and traded him down to Cleveland for next year's #1, the #2 and #3 picks this year. Packers would still have gotten Jarrett and also the RB in R2, preferably not some guy with nine decent games in college and a history of injury.

princefielder28
04-28-2007, 09:29 PM
I definitely would've prefer Pittman over Jackson

Psycho
04-28-2007, 10:35 PM
A pity we didn't get Omobi. Ted is evidently taking lessons on drafting from Mike Sherman. Justin "Who?" Harrell with his injured bicep (hello Joe Johnson, part Deux) and Brandon Jackson, who only has Nebraska in common with Ahman Green. The good thing is he's from the ZBS, the bad thing is he has short legs and a 4.55 speed to go with two injured years. Did TT get stock in some company that specializes in treating injured athletes? I HATE picking brittle players on day 1.

Draft so far? F+, with the plus coming from getting the extra third and sixth. Coulda had: Olsen, Leonard, Irons, Meachem and all the other WRs. Hindsight is 20/20, but it would have been great if TT had taken Quinn and traded him down to Cleveland for next year's #1, the #2 and #3 picks this year. Packers would still have gotten Jarrett and also the RB in R2, preferably not some guy with nine decent games in college and a history of injury.:rolleyes: Are you kidding me? Harrell had been checked out and he is healthy. Before the year started some had him as the #1 DT. Jackson is from a ZBS and him and Morency compliment each other perfectly. Just because we didn't take big name players doesn't mean we had a bad draft. Olsen clearly did not have a mid first grade and the only reason that he had rose over Miller as the #1 TE was the combine. Irons runs with power but he's undersized. We would've been stupid to get a WR in the first with Driver and Jennings still there. And according to your theory, TB should've taken Quinn with the fourth pick and traded him to the brown for all of their picks this year and next year. Jarrett was gone. The other RBs on the board at the time: Leonard, who is looked at by some teams as a FB, Booker, who isn't the power runner we need, and Hunt, who is slower than Jackson. I am sure you you probably gave the gb draft the same grade last year and the year before when Jennings and Collins were picked. And saying Justing "who" Harrell pretty much tells me you don't know a whole lot about the draft.

Jim Jim
04-28-2007, 11:35 PM
This happens every year. I don't even come on during the draft because of the knee-jerk reactions of people whom random people didn't have rated high or whatever. I love Brandon Jackson.

princefielder28
04-28-2007, 11:36 PM
This happens every year. I don't even come on during the draft because of the knee-jerk reactions of people whom random people didn't have rated high or whatever. I love Brandon Jackson.

Brandon Jackson may turn out to be a decent pick but he did not warrant the 63rd overall pick

M1Koter
04-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Brandon Jackson may turn out to be a decent pick but he did not warrant the 63rd overall pick

thats what we said about Jennings and Collins though

The Legend
04-29-2007, 03:19 PM
thats what we said about Jennings and Collins though

now that is true but i want Leonard

Empire
04-29-2007, 06:25 PM

Greg Jennings did not warrent the 52 overall pick. Oh wait....

People here keep complaining because TT did not pick the sexy picks in the draft, the big name guys like Meachem or what not. I thought Packer fans would have learned from last year that TT likes his small school guys. And for that matter his big board is not the same as other teams. So deal with it.

For people complaining that Harrell was a bad pick, do remember the kind of defensive line the Packers had the last time they won the Super Bowl. Good offensive and defensive lines are the keys to sucess in football.

princefielder28
04-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Greg Jennings did not warrent the 52 overall pick. Oh wait....

People here keep complaining because TT did not pick the sexy picks in the draft, the big name guys like Meachem or what not. I thought Packer fans would have learned from last year that TT likes his small school guys. And for that matter his big board is not the same as other teams. So deal with it.

For people complaining that Harrell was a bad pick, do remember the kind of defensive line the Packers had the last time they won the Super Bowl. Good offensive and defensive lines are the keys to sucess in football.

Hey, I never said Greg Jennings didn't warrant the pick in which he was selected last year. Greg Jennings was outstanding in college and put up great numbers. The only knock on him was the level of competition he faced week in and week out. Brandon Jackson has good physical tools but he has never taken his game to the next level on a consistent basis to give himself a first day billing.

johbur
04-29-2007, 06:53 PM
:rolleyes: Are you kidding me? Harrell had been checked out and he is healthy. Before the year started some had him as the #1 DT. Jackson is from a ZBS and him and Morency compliment each other perfectly. Just because we didn't take big name players doesn't mean we had a bad draft. Olsen clearly did not have a mid first grade and the only reason that he had rose over Miller as the #1 TE was the combine. Irons runs with power but he's undersized. We would've been stupid to get a WR in the first with Driver and Jennings still there. And according to your theory, TB should've taken Quinn with the fourth pick and traded him to the brown for all of their picks this year and next year. Jarrett was gone. The other RBs on the board at the time: Leonard, who is looked at by some teams as a FB, Booker, who isn't the power runner we need, and Hunt, who is slower than Jackson. I am sure you you probably gave the gb draft the same grade last year and the year before when Jennings and Collins were picked. And saying Justing "who" Harrell pretty much tells me you don't know a whole lot about the draft.

Just no. Maybe you are too young to remember players like Joe Johnson, who also "checked out" with his injured triceps, but I will never appreciate players being taken on potential and their injuries ignored. His bicep will never be as good as it was, and maybe the bicep is not as important as the tricep, but he's going to be colliding with 300 pound behemoths on an almost daily basis using that bicep. DT wasn't on my radar as I was happy with Pickett (60 tackles), Williams (7 sacks, 30+tackles), Colin Cole (30+ tackles and top tackle/play ratio for DTs) and Johnny Jolly, who is getting over his injury and would have been taken higher last year. Who is getting cut this year due to Harrell taking the #8 DT spot and having to work himself into shape after not playing football for almost a year and not working out during that time. You mention a WR being a stupid pick with DD and Jennings there. What exactly does that make the Harrell pick with Pickett, WIlliams and Cole there? With his injury, I had dismissed him as when I hear arm surgery, I just don't have a good feeling for a guy being your #1 pick and being given $10 million guaranteed.

Brandon Jackson is from the ZBS as noted, but he's about .2 seconds slower than Green on his 40 time, so it's not like he's an Ahman clone we're plugging in there. He has ONE productive year, that being last year, and two injured years prior out of his three years of college. What exactly makes him a good 2nd rounder other than the system he comes from?

James Jones in the third? What exactly do you like about that? He didn't play top-flight competition, he doesn't have the pedigree that Jennings had. He has some interesting things he does, like long-snap, but did you have him on your board as a third round pick? Just no.

I like Roush a lot, and he might even be able to enter into competition to displace Manuel. Or he might be behind Underwood and Culver on the depth chart as they are purer safeties and didn't split time as an LB.

F+ probably too harsh, maybe a D. Took Harrell too high and he is going to have a hard time even being the #4 DT unless the coaches give him the position and he doesn't earn it due to his draft status due to the players already on the roster, Brandon Jackson also not a starter, and also will only get to be the #2 ahead of Herron or Wynn due to draft status rather than worthiness, then you have James Jones taken three rounds too early and finishing with Roush, who will be on the roster, but will likely not start. If I graded the picks individually, R1-D, R2-D, R3-F, R4-A. That's a 1.5 GPA on day one. That is considering need, value, players passed on, and likely contribution to team the next year.

As far as taking Quinn, I said HINDSIGHT and what the Packers could have reasonably had, and I posted what the Cowboys actually got. Perhaps you missed TT's news conference and his talking about taking Harrell over any offered trades. Hmmm, an injured DT coming into a crowded DT situation or getting a struggling team's likely high first rounder next year and having the second that would have netted a very solid #3 WR. I'll take the second. Now "What Ifs?" always are HINDSIGHT, as noted, like What If the Packers had selected Barry Sanders instead of Tony Mandarich? Feel free to defend that choice also.

You obviously don't know a whole lot about the past draft commentary on this site. Jennings was a great choice and was given an A by me and heralded by most on this site. Colledge also was a great pick, though I wasn't sure how he'd be as an OG versus the OT he was. Spitz also had a cross position issue, though he was graded highly in the run game and I believed Hodge to be a steal and Hawk was a no-brainer for the defense. What did ALL these picks have in common? Multi-year starters with no injury history. How many of those guys were taken on Day One of this year? 'Nuff said.

Moses
04-29-2007, 06:55 PM
One thing the Packers got out of this draft that shouldn't be underrated is a TON of top-quality special teamers:

James Jones: Can longsnap. Experience returning kicks. Could develop into a blocker or gunner on special teams.

Aaron Rouse: Everything you look for in a special teams player. Will likely be a top gunner.

David Clowney: Has the speed to contribute as a kick returner.

Korey Hall: Typical special teams player who will see time as both a blocker and gunner.

Desmond Bishop: Anothe typical special teams player who could see action at both blocker and gunner.

Mason Crosby: Huge leg. Will really help out on kickoffs. Could develop into a great field goal kicker.

DeShawyn Wynn: Big back with good speed. Could see time as a lead blocker on kick returns or as a gunner.

The Packers have been extremely weak on special teams for awhile and these players could go a long way in improving that. Plus, some of them will likely even play offence or defence. ;)

ny10804
04-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Can everyone just accept the fact that Ted Thompson knows what the **** he is doing. He learned from one of the best in Ron Wolf, who is one knotch below God in Green Bay. He helped build a Super Bowl team in Seattle and has already produced four all-rookie selections in Green Bay (Collins, Hawk, Jennings, College).

I don't know about you, but I have much more trust in the guy who does this stuff *well* for a living than I do in people who occasionally post on an internet forum.

GB12
04-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Bishop will be a beast on special teams.

jackalope
04-29-2007, 07:15 PM
My 2 favorite picks out of the draft were Brandon Jackson and Mason Crosby. I've got a good feeling about Jackson and he should excel in the ZBS. Crosby can make kicks from outside of 50 with regularity, and doesn't miss the ones inside 50.

GB12
04-29-2007, 07:21 PM
My 2 favorite picks out of the draft were Brandon Jackson and Mason Crosby. I've got a good feeling about Jackson and he should excel in the ZBS. Crosby can make kicks from outside of 50 with regularity, and doesn't miss the ones inside 50.

My two favorites ar Harrell and Clowney. I was one of the few that liked Harrell from the beginning. I really like him, and it keeps growing. I think Clowney could be very special. He might not make an impact this year, but in he will in the future.