PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83

TitleTown088
11-17-2006, 12:50 PM
ya maybe..

but come on were only halfway through the season and i myself am excited to watch the games these next 2 weeks.
I really want to see if this team is real, and these weeks will show how far we actually are from a playoff team.

real? the pack is 4-5, it's not like were 7-2 or somthing like that.

11-17-2006, 01:03 PM
ya maybe..

but come on were only halfway through the season and i myself am excited to watch the games these next 2 weeks.
I really want to see if this team is real, and these weeks will show how far we actually are from a playoff team.

real? the pack is 4-5, it's not like were 7-2 or somthing like that.We haven't beat any real good teams yet. We weren't even close against Philly and Chicago. The next two games will really show how far we have come.

Jim Jim
11-17-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm kind of glad that Morency is playing. I think he does add a good dynamic and seems a more natural runner in this system than Ahman does. I thought Ahman played a lot better when he had Mo splitting the reps as well.

New England's wideouts don't really match up well with our defensive backs. The real battle will be between Patrick Dendy and their third reciever, I believe.

I hope Green Bay doesn't get overly aggressive and blitz the Linebackers nearly every time. I think that would open the tight end up or halfback swings too much. It needs to be used every once and a while.

I think when it's long distance...We need to stop playing zone and letting Harris just "let recievers go." It's been killing us.

Moses
11-17-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm kind of glad that Morency is playing. I think he does add a good dynamic and seems a more natural runner in this system than Ahman does. I thought Ahman played a lot better when he had Mo splitting the reps as well.

New England's wideouts don't really match up well with our defensive backs. The real battle will be between Patrick Dendy and their third reciever, I believe.

I hope Green Bay doesn't get overly aggressive and blitz the Linebackers nearly every time. I think that would open the tight end up or halfback swings too much. It needs to be used every once and a while.

I think when it's long distance...We need to stop playing zone and letting Harris just "let recievers go." It's been killing us.

I want to see more blitzing from this defence. The Packers don't have the talent on the defensive line to get enough pressure without linebacker blitzes. Keep the offence guessing and force them to make some mistakes.

11-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Some interesting stats for the game on sunday:

This year is the 10th Anniversary of Super Bowl XXXI, which Green Bay won 35-21 over the Patriots. Green Bay has also won the two regular season meetings since that Super Bowl.

New England has lost two in a row for the first time since December 2002. The last time the Patriots lost three straight games was a four-game streak earlier that season, in which their third loss was to the Packers.

Green Bay is third in the league with 31 sacks on the season, including four or more in each of the last four games. The Packers had just 35 sacks all of last season.

The Packers have lost four consecutive home games vs. AFC opponents, after winning 21 of their previous 25.

Green Bay QB Brett Favre has won his last three starts vs. the Patriots, including Super Bowl XXI. He has a rating of 100+ in each of those three games, with eight touchdowns and no interceptions.

Packers' WR Donald Driver has a touchdown catch in both games vs. the AFC this season, but he has gone seven consecutive games without a touchdown at Lambeau Field.

roughrider30
11-17-2006, 01:42 PM
ya maybe..

real? the pack is 4-5, it's not like were 7-2 or somthing like that.

did u expect us to be 4-5 from how this year started? cuz i didnt.

I have been very impressed in how the team has been playing, especially the rookies. I was making a point that we havent really played a strong team in the last few weeks, and I want to see if the improvements that i have seen over the last few weeks were because the lack of competition or if these improvements are for real. These next 2 weeks will show this.

and since when does a team have to be 7-2 to be excited about them?

Moses
11-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Packers Mock Draft

Round 1: Marshawn Lynch - Running Back - Junior - Cal

Round 2: Aaron Ross - Cornerback - Senior - Texas

Round 3: Steve Smith - Wide Receiver - USC

11-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Packers Mock Draft

Round 3: Steve Smith - Wide Receiver - USCBeautiful

Moses
11-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Packers Mock Draft

Round 3: Steve Smith - Wide Receiver - USCBeautiful

Just a general outline for what the Packers will be looking for next draft. In the later rounds the Packers will probably be looking for a defensive end, a wide receiver, an offensive tackle, and maybe a tight end.

drowe
11-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Packers Mock Draft

very nice.

roughrider30
11-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Packers Mock Draft

very nice.

Ya i agree. if thats how the draft turns out i will be very happy. :D

Moses
11-17-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm really excited about the possibility of the Packers drafting Marshawn Lynch. He seems like a perfect fit for this team. He has a great combination of power, speed, and vision. He's extremely versatile and can catch the ball out of the backfield as well as run both inside and out. Lynch makes great, quick cuts and can really accelerate when he hits the hole. He's perfect for the ZBS and will be very valuable as a receiving threat. Check out his highlight video of his 2005 season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agiNBv_cl5o&mode=related&search=

He basically has no weaknesses in his game at this point. This is the start of my campaign for drafting Lynch in the 1st.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-17-2006, 02:51 PM
http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/

Some more Marshawn Lynch material......
Although I like Moses draft, I like this more:

Mock Draft

Round 1: Marshawn Lynch, RB, California Golden Bears

Round 2: Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona Wildcats

Round 3: Steve Smith, WR, USC Trojans

11-17-2006, 03:00 PM

Mock Draft

Round 3: Steve Smith, WR, USC TrojansIsn't your sig a little outdated?

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-17-2006, 03:08 PM
yea, I havent been on this awhile and I need someone to do one for me...

roughrider30
11-17-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm really excited about the possibility of the Packers drafting Marshawn Lynch. He seems like a perfect fit for this team. He has a great combination of power, speed, and vision. He's extremely versatile and can catch the ball out of the backfield as well as run both inside and out. Lynch makes great, quick cuts and can really accelerate when he hits the hole. He's perfect for the ZBS and will be very valuable as a receiving threat. Check out his highlight video of his 2005 season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agiNBv_cl5o&mode=related&search=

He basically has no weaknesses in his game at this point. This is the start of my campaign for drafting Lynch in the 1st.

Wow that was some amazing highlights right there.

I agree, I love this guy. He will fit great in our system.

Ill join the campaign. :lol: Lynch in the 1st!

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-17-2006, 03:52 PM
I join as well!!!!!

Boston
11-17-2006, 04:00 PM
The Packers have 36 offensive plays this season that have resulted in negative yardage, the fewest in the NFL.

An interesting fact.

Moses
11-17-2006, 05:07 PM

Mock Draft

Round 3: Steve Smith, WR, USC Trojans

I doubt Cason will be around when we pick in the 2nd but it's all the same anyway.

Moses
11-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Packers Mock Draft

Resulting Depth Chart:

Offence:

QB: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Ingle Martin
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Vernand Morency, Noah Herron
FB: Brandon Miree, Free Agent/Late-Round Pick

WR1: Donald Driver
WR2: Greg Jennings
WR3: Steve Smith
WR4: Ruvell Martin
WR5: Chris Francies/Late-Round Pick/Free Agent
TE: Bubba Franks, David Martin, Donald Lee

LT: Chad Clifton, Late-Round Pick/Free Agent
LG: Daryn Colledge, Tony Moll
C: Scott Wells, Jason Spitz
RG: Jason Spitz, Tony Moll
RT: Mark Tauscher, Junius Coston

Defence:

LDE: Aaron Kampman, Free-Agent/Late-Round Pick
LDT: Corey Williams, Cullen Jenkins
RDT: Ryan Pickett, Colin Cole, Johnny Jolly
RDE: Kabeer Gbaja-Biamilla, Mike Montgommery

LOLB: A.J. Hawk, Ben Taylor, Tracy White
MLB: Nick Barnett, Abdul Hodge
ROLB: Brady Poppinga, Ben Taylor, Tracy White

CB1: Al Harris
CB2: Charles Woodson
CB3: Aaron Ross
CB4: Will Blackmon
CB5: Patrick Dendy
FS: Nick Collins, Tyrone Culver
SS: Marquand Maneul, Marviel Underwood

sik wit it
11-17-2006, 06:40 PM
you dont think TT will reward green for the effort he's made this season.

Moses
11-17-2006, 06:43 PM
you dont think TT will reward green for the effort he's made this season.

He could resign him but Green doesn't have much left in the tank and is a constant injury concern. Regardless, the Packers need a young franchise running back because Green's days are numbered whether he's resigned or not.

Boston
11-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Packers Mock Draft

Resulting Depth Chart:

Offence:

Defence:

I think Martin should be ahead of Franks in the depth chart.

And, is defence and offence a canadian thing?

Moses
11-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Packers Mock Draft

Resulting Depth Chart:

Offence:

Defence:

I think Martin should be ahead of Franks in the depth chart.

And, is defence and offence a canadian thing?

Martin is better in the passing game but Franks is better in the run game. They'll basically split time.

Yes. America has it's own way of spelling things, away from the British and Canadian ways.

jpapa4490
11-17-2006, 08:05 PM
i personally think Blackmon will be out #3 corner next year

roughrider30
11-17-2006, 08:47 PM
[quote="jpapa4490"]i personally think Blackmon will be out #3 corner next year[/quote

it really depends on what happens in tranning camp but it would be a good battle better Ross and Blackmon if it ends up happening

jackalope
11-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Packers Mock Draft

Round 3: Steve Smith - Wide Receiver - USCi'd love for that to happen. i'm all for Lynch in the first.

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-18-2006, 09:25 AM
Packers Mock Draft

Round 3: Steve Smith - Wide Receiver - USCi'd love for that to happen. i'm all for Lynch in the first.
i could live with that aswell

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-18-2006, 10:03 AM
updated sig, to enhance the campaign for Marshawn in the first!

bearsfan_51
11-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Judging by your name you've just diminished the chances of that happening by about 100%.

11-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Judging by your name you've just diminished the chances of that happening by about 100%.lol, I thought the same thing.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Judging by your name you've just diminished the chances of that happening by about 100%.lol, I thought the same thing.

I would get a new name (Rodgers and Lynch_07) but Id have to a new e-mail.

Ravens1991
11-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Lynch would be killer in a ZBS.

70challenger457
11-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Lynch would be killer in a ZBS.
He is the ideal prospect for the pack. He looks to be picked where I think the packers will be picking, he fits the system, runs hard, fills a need for many years to come, but I don't want to get too excited now, the draft is a long ways away

someone447
11-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Just ask scott, I bet he would change your name for you.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Marshawn already plays in the ZBS at Cal, I think he's got a lot of the same abilities as Ahman, personally I'd like to see them both on the team, Lynch would have a 5 or 6 year deal, Ahman would be 2 or 3 years. I'd also be in favor of trading up, maybe trading the disgruntled Al Harris if he still wants out, for a 3rd or 4th rounder, and in turn moving that pick and our first rounder up to get Leon Hall to replace Harris.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about the draft at this point, everybody's talking about total Wins or Losses and that's also in the future. Even fans of the best teams have been discussing future needs so there's nothing wrong with it, that's what this whole site was started on.

johbur
11-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Packers Mock Draft

Resulting Depth Chart:

Offence:

Defence:

I am evidently in the minority on an RB in the first round, but I'd much rather have a round 3-5 RB. Look at the success Denver has had drafting RBs in thoise rounds that fit the ZBS.

I'd have CB or WR on day 1, preferably Ted Ginn (though he might have gotten himself top 10) or Antoine Cason. I also like LaRon Landry, but not sure about safety. The safety play this year has been piss-poor with so many big plays given up and Underwood is not guaranteed of coming back NFL ready from his injury. Steve Smith would be a good pickup, especially if he were a R3 choice to go with an R1 choice.

I think Ahman Green has done a good job and shoul dbe brought back, giving an RB corps of Green, Morecy and Herron. Skip the RB this year. Go with WR/CB early, and O-line for depth late. I'd also like to see a defensive end, but not as much as I'd like the depth at WR, Secondary and O-line improved. I also wouldn't mind a threat at TE as the guys this year aren't special, IMO.

What would you think about Leonard in R2 or R3?

4pAc
11-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Packers Mock Draft

i could live with that aswellPeterson.

ny10804
11-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Asante Samuel and Eugen Wilson have been named out. That leaves just one opening day starter for the Pats. link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2667653)

4pAc
11-19-2006, 12:07 AM
Asante Samuel and Eugen Wilson have been named out. That leaves just one opening day starter for the Pats. link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2667653)Are you sure you are posting in the right team thread?

ny10804
11-19-2006, 12:19 AM
Asante Samuel and Eugen Wilson have been named out. That leaves just one opening day starter for the Pats. link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2667653)Are you sure you are posting in the right team thread?
Is it not relevant?

roughrider30
11-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Is it not relevant?

That would be who the packers play this week, so ya that probably would be relevant.

Vince Lombardi
11-19-2006, 09:53 AM

:roll: jeez dude, pull your head out of your ass. :roll: :lol:

bearsfan_51
11-19-2006, 10:20 AM
The Packers will win.

roidrunner
11-19-2006, 12:13 PM
so yea, i am out of market, so i can not see the packers game, can you guys please keep me up to date on what is happening??

jackalope
11-19-2006, 01:33 PM
so yea, i am out of market, so i can not see the packers game, can you guys please keep me up to date on what is happening??well things don't look good. we're down 21-0 and our offense hasn't been able to move the ball. Favre just got hurt and Aaron Rodgers is filling in.

Featherstone
11-19-2006, 02:04 PM
so yea, i am out of market, so i can not see the packers game, can you guys please keep me up to date on what is happening??well things don't look good. we're down 21-0 and our offense hasn't been able to move the ball. Favre just got hurt and Aaron Rodgers is filling in.

In the offenses defense (nice), there have been guys open all over the place, Brett was just way off.

70challenger457
11-19-2006, 02:34 PM

In the offenses defense (nice), there have been guys open all over the place, Brett was just way off.
he missed a lot of throws, man brady is sharp today

jpapa4490
11-19-2006, 02:42 PM
We just got raped today. Nothing positive, Favre got hurt and prior to that he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat and the defense played horrible. And where is run game? we totally abandoned it.

Vince Lombardi
11-19-2006, 03:06 PM
ugly ugly game today boys. Any word on the seriousness of Favres injury?

Moses
11-19-2006, 03:14 PM
The Packers will win.

Nice prediction.

bearsfan_51
11-19-2006, 03:14 PM
The Packers will win.

Nice prediction.
Jinx. :twisted: Did I say the Packers would win? I meant that Brett Favre would get injured. My bad.

11-19-2006, 03:22 PM
This was one of the worst Packer performances i've seen in a long time. That game was extremely hard to watch. A little summary:

- More blown coverages

- Both QB's sucked

- Receivers couldn't get open

- O-line wasn't giving much time for the qb's to throw

- running game was awful

roughrider30
11-19-2006, 03:25 PM
This was one of the worst Packer performances i've seen in a long time. That game was extremely hard to watch. A little summary:

- More blown coverages

- Both QB's sucked

- Receivers couldn't get open

- O-line wasn't giving much time for the qb's to throw

- running game was awful

There were many times that i saw the WRs open, but Favre and Rodgers couldnt get the ball to them

Vikes99ej
11-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Yep. You guys get killed by the Pats at home too? Yep.

TitleTown088
11-19-2006, 03:33 PM
anyone heard anything about Favre yet? I didn't get to see the game to know how serious it was.

11-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Yep. You guys get killed by the Pats at home too? Yep.We still managed to kick the Vikings ass, and the Vikings had a great game against the powerhouse Dolphins.

11-19-2006, 03:37 PM
anyone heard anything about Favre yet? I didn't get to see the game to know how serious it was.It didn't look to serious, I would be shocked if he missed the next game because of it.

sik wit it
11-19-2006, 03:48 PM
just when you think they can make something out of the season they lay an egg.

TitleTown088
11-19-2006, 03:58 PM
ok so i know this might not be a " creditable" source, but the guy who runs Favres official site said that Favre will be fine and it was just a stinger in his elbow. so hopefully he is right.

sik wit it
11-19-2006, 04:15 PM
they just announced that on cbs

11-19-2006, 04:21 PM
they just announced that on cbsYa, the said it was numbness in his hand and that he could have played the rest of the game but they were just being safe.

jackalope
11-19-2006, 04:36 PM
we looked horrible today. really no positives, besides Favre being alright afterwards.

sik wit it
11-19-2006, 04:44 PM
so in what direction do we go next? I think it was the reality check that we aren't that good and have a lot of room for improvement.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Unfortunately had the oppurtunity to go to the pitiful game. Horrible in all aspects. In the 3rd quarter we had 4 yards rushes. Rodgers tripled our totaled after a 10 yard run. Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic performance, Packers are definitely in for a drafting of Marshawn Lynch.....as shown by my new name.

11-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Favre possibly played the worst half of football in his life. He was overthrowing, underthrowing and throwing it away from every WR he had a chance to hit. MM needs to really lay down the law this week in practice's because if they ever play like this again it will be a big loss again. I do still have to give credit to the Patriots and Bill Bilechek for having the best gameplan ever and beating the crap out of us.

drowe
11-19-2006, 05:12 PM
well...that sucked balls....at least....well..no...nothing positive to take from that game.......

at least the viqueens lost....to the dolphins.

get well soon Brett.

70challenger457
11-19-2006, 05:22 PM
well...that sucked balls....at least....well..no...nothing positive to take from that game.......

at least the viqueens lost....to the dolphins.

get well soon Brett.
I figured while watching the game that he had a stinger, he'll be back at practice tomarrow

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-19-2006, 05:25 PM
I thought that if the Packers scored a touchdown that they would throw Farve back in there, but they were being cautious. I thought it was good was Rodgers to get experience against a top tier team-unfortunately the Pats brought the house and the Pack couldn't block...

roughrider30
11-19-2006, 05:30 PM
I thought that if the Packers scored a touchdown that they would throw Farve back in there, but they were being cautious. I thought it was good was Rodgers to get experience against a top tier team-unfortunately the Pats brought the house and the Pack couldn't block...

ya there wasnt really much that Rodgers could do in the situation that he was in. I thought he looked pretty poised in the pocket, and did as much as he could.

As i was watching the game i figured that favres injury was just a pinched nerve, and that could have prevented him from gripping the ball right. There was really no point in risking putting him back in a game like that, especially with the pressure the Pats were getting on them.

11-19-2006, 05:32 PM
so in what direction do we go next? I think it was the reality check that we aren't that good and have a lot of room for improvement.

I'm not trying to start something but you were never any good. Your record was inflated by your incredibly easy schedule.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-19-2006, 05:33 PM

ya there wasnt really much that Rodgers could do in the situation that he was in. I thought he looked pretty poised in the pocket, and did as much as he could.

As i was watching the game i figured that favres injury was just a pinched nerve, and that could have prevented him from gripping the ball right. There was really no point in risking putting him back in a game like that, especially with the pressure the Pats were getting on them.
I also know that Farve's had some problems with a groin injury. That could have been affecting him more than the Packers made it out to be....they just didn't want to tip off the Pats on that info....

roughrider30
11-19-2006, 05:37 PM

I also know that Farve's had some problems with a groin injury. That could have been affecting him more than the Packers made it out to be....they just didn't want to tip off the Pats on that info....

that definately could be. there was something wrong with favre today.

well like i said this game will show what our team is actually made of and it definately showed. This team is still really unexperienced, and still has holes that need to be filled for next year.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-19-2006, 05:39 PM
The lone bright sport was AJ....10 tackles and a fumble recovery....he's a ballhawk thats for sure.

Vince Lombardi
11-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Packers are definitely in for a drafting of Marshawn Lynch.

eh, what's the point we don't even give the ball to the RB's anymore. :? We need another WR so we can just go full on Colts offense, minus Manning. :evil:

The Packers reluctance to run the ball, even when Favre was clearly struggling, is very frustrating. Our offense doesn't move the ball and our defense doesn't get to rest, that's a recipe for disaster. :|

roughrider30
11-19-2006, 07:07 PM

eh, what's the point we don't even give the ball to the RB's anymore. :? We need another WR so we can just go full on Colts offense, minus Manning. :evil:

The Packers reluctance to run the ball, even when Favre was clearly struggling, is very frustrating. Our offense doesn't move the ball and our defense doesn't get to rest, that's a recipe for disaster. :|

Its hard to get the ball to the RBs when they are barely getting to line of scrimmage every play. Green had 8 rushes for 11 yards at one point in the game. Its hard to keep running it with those stats. This wasnt all Greens fault a lot of those plays there wasnt anything he could do. The o-line was terrible today, but they will get better with time.

We do need a RB in the offseason tho.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-19-2006, 07:12 PM

Its hard to get the ball to the RBs when they are barely getting to line of scrimmage every play. Green had 8 rushes for 11 yards at one point in the game. Its hard to keep running it with those stats. This wasnt all Greens fault a lot of those plays there wasnt anything he could do. The o-line was terrible today, but they will get better with time.

The bottom line is we need playmakers.

Vince Lombardi
11-19-2006, 07:25 PM

I agree we do need a RB but....they had a total of 14 rushes in that game (not counting QB scrambles), 14! That's not even attempting to establish the running game. This put the defense under a constant onslaught because they couldn't get off of the field. NE had the ball for 39:10, GB for 20:50. NE had the ball for twice as long as GB, that's absolutely absurd, against a good offense you'll lose that match every time.

roughrider30
11-19-2006, 07:44 PM

I agree we do need a RB but....they had a total of 14 rushes in that game (not counting QB scrambles), 14! That's not even attempting to establish the running game. This put the defense under a constant onslaught because they couldn't get off of the field. NE had the ball for 39:10, GB for 20:50. NE had the ball for twice as long as GB, that's absolutely absurd, against a good offense you'll lose that match every time.

I agree that the TOP was terrible, and their not going to win games with those kinds of stats.

but the main reason for NE having the ball for almost twice as long was the 3 and outs. it doesnt matter how many times u run the ball if u cant get 10 yards when u have the ball. that effected the TOP more than the amount of running plays. They only had 27 pass attempts too, so its not like they passed the ball 40 times or anything. They were also behind more than 20 points for most of the game, so their probably not going to run often in that situation.

The whole offense was ineffective. thats what it comes down to

Moses
11-19-2006, 07:51 PM

I agree that the TOP was terrible, and their not going to win games with those kinds of stats.

but the main reason for NE having the ball for almost twice as long was the 3 and outs. it doesnt matter how many times u run the ball if u cant get 10 yards when u have the ball. that effected the TOP more than the amount of running plays. They only had 27 pass attempts too, so its not like they passed the ball 40 times or anything. They were also behind more than 20 points for most of the game, so their probably not going to run often in that situation.

The whole offense was ineffective. thats what it comes down to

Exactly. The Packers need to add a stud RB and WR in the draft if they want to improve on the offence.

sik wit it
11-19-2006, 07:54 PM

I'm not trying to start something but you were never any good. Your record was inflated by your incredibly easy schedule.
a wins a win, i don't care if its against the colts, you choice in bandwagon team, or against the lions it goes down as the same.

Moses
11-19-2006, 07:57 PM

a wins a win, i don't care if its against the colts, you choice in bandwagon team, or against the lions it goes down as the same.

The Packers looked like a very good football team for a few weeks before this game. It's hard to determine whether that was due to poor competetion or that the Packers had simply improved. Based on the New England game, we can probably assume that it was due to weak competetion. The Packers are a few players away from being competetive.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-19-2006, 08:01 PM

The Packers looked like a very good football team for a few weeks before this game. It's hard to determine whether that was due to poor competetion or that the Packers had simply improved. Based on the New England game, we can probably assume that it was due to weak competetion. The Packers are a few players away from being competetive.
I hate to say this, but don't we sat that every year? Seems like it...

11-19-2006, 08:04 PM

I hate to say this, but don't we sat that every year? Seems like it...Not really, we were competitve 2 years ago. Last year we knew we would need to rebuild the team.

Moses
11-19-2006, 08:04 PM

I hate to say this, but don't we sat that every year? Seems like it...

Most teams are a few players away from being competetive. The Packers need one or two pieces of defence and a few more pieces of offence. The biggest question mark with the Packers is if their young players will live up to expectations (Colledge, Spitz, Jennings, Hawk, Poppinga, etc.)

11-19-2006, 08:10 PM
I think a lot of this teams future will lie on the shoulders of A-Rod. If he can become a productive starter in the NFL then I don't think there is any reason why the Pack can't be a SB contender in 3+ years considering some of the good young players they already have.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-19-2006, 08:57 PM
I think a lot of this teams future will lie on the shoulders of A-Rod. If he can become a productive starter in the NFL then I don't think there is any reason why the Pack can't be a SB contender in 3+ years considering some of the good young players they already have.
and also that TT is very wise in his drafting and signings in FA unlike you know who.

sik wit it
11-19-2006, 10:35 PM
He doesn't even have to be 1/4 of what Favre was and I'll be happy.

roughrider30
11-19-2006, 11:56 PM

it could very well be less than 3 years before we are contenders again. just look at this year compared to last. They are a much better team than last year, but you are right much of this depends on Rodgers.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2006, 08:08 AM
Got this from profootballtalk.com, take it for what it's worth.

POSTED 7:35 a.m. EST, November 20, 2006

RODGERS OUT FOR THE YEAR?

There's talk in league circles that the ankle injury suffered by Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in relief of Brett Favre might sideline Rodgers for the balance of the season.

The move might require the Packers to bring in a veteran quarterback down the stretch, since the only other signal-caller on the roster is roster is rookie Ingle Martin (or is it Marting Ingle?).

Rodgers replaced Favre on Sunday against the Patriots after Favre suffered an elbow injury. Favre, who also has a groin problem, is expected to play on Sunday, preserving his streak of 10,543 straight starts.

Vince Lombardi
11-20-2006, 08:23 AM

There's talk in league circles that the ankle injury suffered by Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in relief of Brett Favre might sideline Rodgers for the balance of the season.

The move might require the Packers to bring in a veteran quarterback down the stretch, since the only other signal-caller on the roster is roster is rookie Ingle Martin (or is it Marting Ingle?).

Rodgers replaced Favre on Sunday against the Patriots after Favre suffered an elbow injury. Favre, who also has a groin problem, is expected to play on Sunday, preserving his streak of 10,543 straight starts.

screw it, just play Martin if Favre can't go.

roidrunner
11-20-2006, 10:22 AM

screw it, just play Martin if Favre can't go.

:lol: :lol:

70challenger457
11-20-2006, 10:23 AM
man I stopped watching the game after it was like 28-nothin, I didn't even know till now that Rodgers got injured

Nitschke-Hawk
11-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Wow, even if we lost I didn't think it would be that bad, amazing the other team can score that many points when our offense didn't even turn the ball over.

A couple bright spots, Woodson, Dendy, and Harris were just fine, A.J. Hawk is now 2nd among rookies in tackles-which was the only thing missing from his resume for Defensive rookie of the year, trailing DeMeco Ryans by 5. Nick Collins made a few nice plays in the flat and showed that he can be a very good play making safety, and once I think Manuel and the rest of the defense have gotten close to fixing their problems it shows up big time. Word is Schottenhiemer is at fault for all this blown coverage crap, he needs to be fired. He's wasting Nick Collins talent and we need another safety that can cover as well as he can make plays in the box.

Round 1-RB-Marshawn Lynch/S-Laron Landry
Round 2- DE-Tim Crowder
Round 3-WR-Steve Smith USC/Johnnie Lee Higgins UTEP/Dallas Baker Florida

Nitschke-Hawk
11-20-2006, 11:38 AM
check this out:

http://www.seehowtheylive.com/ajHawk.php

Moses
11-20-2006, 11:38 AM
The biggest problem in the secondary is lack of communication. Somebody, specifically a safety, needs to take a leadership role. Neither Collins or Manuel seems to want to take on this responsibility.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Well Manuel is a leader on the field from everything I've heard, obviously he doesn't like to discuss his mistakes publicly because he always declines to, he's good in run support but regardless we need SOMEBODY that doesn't jeopardize the rest of the defense's talent. I mean Woodson and Harris are probably watching film today saying "what the hell is going on we keep shutting our guys down yet somehow we get torched as a team" Hell Dendy has been pretty damn good for a guy who wasn't even regarded as a member of the team at any point.

I think the days of the slow safety are numbered in this league and unless you're knocking guys out like Roy Williams and John Lynch ya just aren't worth it, I just know that something good needs to happen out of this situation.

drowe
11-20-2006, 12:01 PM

well, somebody's on the rag. :roll:

johbur
11-20-2006, 12:45 PM
What a piss poor effort that was. Manuel obviously is not an all-down SS.

LaRon Landry>MarShawn Lynch in R1.

I'm also not too happy with Poppinga in pass coverage. A shame that Ben Taylor hasn't done anything to get on the field. He's not the tackler that Brady is, but he's better in coverage.

If Mike Montgomery isn't going to practice well enough to be on the active roster, the Packers need to get someone better at DE and have KGB be a situational pass-rusher. NE rushed their RBs somewhere around 30 times, and over half those rushes were at KGB.

I thought Greg Jennings was open a couple of times in man coverage but his QBs could not get him the ball. Also, what happneed to Ahman Green in the passing game? Ahman's a great receiver and very effective with the ball on swings, screens and dump offs. Do we have tight ends on this roster anymore?

Bellicek gets credit for being a genius, but playing the packers is pretty easy. Attack Poppinga and Manuel in the passing game. Attack KGB in the run game. Double or triple cover Donald Driver, as evidently there is either no other pass catcher who wants the ball, or a QB who can get the ball to anyone else. It's disgraceful Troy Brown provided better coverage than our secondary did.

Having Favre bang his funny bone and losing A-Rod to a broken foot just tops the cake.

Off-season and draft needs: SS, WR, DE, TE, CB, LB, OL. I'm not sure where you're talking about the Packers being a few players away. Maybe a few starters. Their depth is not good at a number of positions and a couple injuries would show that, so hopefully the Packers do not get injured on the O-line, LB corps, or secondary.

TitleTown088
11-20-2006, 01:20 PM
that game was probably one of the worst possible things that could have heppened to the packers right now.
A-rod broken foot and Favre hurt, well maybe here comes Ingle martin :) can't wait. Eh maybe not i forgot who was our QB, he dosen't get hurt.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-20-2006, 01:41 PM
What a piss poor effort that was. Manuel obviously is not an all-down SS.

LaRon Landry>MarShawn Lynch in R1.

I'm also not too happy with Poppinga in pass coverage. A shame that Ben Taylor hasn't done anything to get on the field. He's not the tackler that Brady is, but he's better in coverage.

If Mike Montgomery isn't going to practice well enough to be on the active roster, the Packers need to get someone better at DE and have KGB be a situational pass-rusher. NE rushed their RBs somewhere around 30 times, and over half those rushes were at KGB.

I thought Greg Jennings was open a couple of times in man coverage but his QBs could not get him the ball. Also, what happneed to Ahman Green in the passing game? Ahman's a great receiver and very effective with the ball on swings, screens and dump offs. Do we have tight ends on this roster anymore?

Bellicek gets credit for being a genius, but playing the packers is pretty easy. Attack Poppinga and Manuel in the passing game. Attack KGB in the run game. Double or triple cover Donald Driver, as evidently there is either no other pass catcher who wants the ball, or a QB who can get the ball to anyone else. It's disgraceful Troy Brown provided better coverage than our secondary did.

Having Favre bang his funny bone and losing A-Rod to a broken foot just tops the cake.

Off-season and draft needs: SS, WR, DE, TE, CB, LB, OL. I'm not sure where you're talking about the Packers being a few players away. Maybe a few starters. Their depth is not good at a number of positions and a couple injuries would show that, so hopefully the Packers do not get injured on the O-line, LB corps, or secondary.

Linebacker is fine, Abdul Hodge maybe one of the three best but they won't put him on the field. Better things may happen if he were out there, who knows.

GB12
11-20-2006, 01:49 PM
I was hunting and didnt watch the game(I guess not a bad one to miss). I knew Favre was hurt but just found outt about Rodgers. I'm kind of worried and think Favre's streak could end with this one.

P.S. Who's Rodgers Lynch07?

TitleTown088
11-20-2006, 02:02 PM
I was hunting and didnt watch the game(I guess not a bad one to miss). I knew Favre was hurt but just found outt about Rodgers. I'm kind of worried and think Favre's streak could end with this one.

Fave announced today that he was fine.

GB12
11-20-2006, 02:07 PM

Fave announced today that he was fine.

OK good. I hope that Ingle can get some time this season. I want to see what he can do.

Pack_Attack_4
11-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Head Coach Mike McCarthy relayed good news and bad news with regards to the Packers' quarterbacks on Monday.

Brett Favre appears to be OK after suffering an elbow injury in the second quarter Sunday that sidelined him for the rest of the game. McCarthy said Favre was getting the strength back in his hand and wasn't concerned about the injury. He will be evaluated further on Wednesday.

But unfortunately for backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers, his first extended action in 2006 turned out to be his last this season. Rodgers broke his foot during Sunday's game against New England and is out for the season.

Rodgers came into Sunday's game late in the second quarter in relief of Favre and finished the contest. He completed four of 12 passes for 32 yards. He also rushed for 11 yards, was sacked three times and lost a fumble. McCarthy said he didn't know for sure but suspected Rodgers injured the foot on one of his scrambles and played the rest of the game with the injury.

Moses
11-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Head Coach Mike McCarthy relayed good news and bad news with regards to the Packers' quarterbacks on Monday.

Brett Favre appears to be OK after suffering an elbow injury in the second quarter Sunday that sidelined him for the rest of the game. McCarthy said Favre was getting the strength back in his hand and wasn't concerned about the injury. He will be evaluated further on Wednesday.

But unfortunately for backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers, his first extended action in 2006 turned out to be his last this season. Rodgers broke his foot during Sunday's game against New England and is out for the season.

Rodgers came into Sunday's game late in the second quarter in relief of Favre and finished the contest. He completed four of 12 passes for 32 yards. He also rushed for 11 yards, was sacked three times and lost a fumble. McCarthy said he didn't know for sure but suspected Rodgers injured the foot on one of his scrambles and played the rest of the game with the injury.

At least we know Rodgers is tough. A broken foot would be extremely hard to play through.

TitleTown088
11-20-2006, 02:39 PM

At least we know Rodgers is tough. A broken foot would be extremely hard to play through.
yeah, but tough means nothing if he continues to play like that, although he did take over in a pretty difficult situation.

GB12
11-20-2006, 03:31 PM

yeah, but tough means nothing if he continues to play like that, although he did take over in a pretty difficult situation.

Favre couldnt do anything either...

Moses
11-20-2006, 04:31 PM

I'm not ready to judge Rodgers while he's playing with a broken foot in a terrible situation for two quarters. Until he actually plays a season as "the man", it's pointless to try to determine how he'll do.

70challenger457
11-20-2006, 05:03 PM
so what ever happend to KGB getting huge in the offseason, I see nothing but worse play from last year and him getting pushed around more and more

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-20-2006, 05:33 PM
hey guys I know we would all like Marshawn in the 1st but which CB in the 2nd and WR in the 3rd (or vice versa?)

11-20-2006, 05:35 PM
hey guys I know we would all like Marshawn in the 1st but which CB in the 2nd and WR in the 3rd (or vice versa?)

Daymeion Hughes in the 2nd and Steve Smith in the 3rd would be good for you guys.

GB12
11-20-2006, 06:09 PM

Daymeion Hughes in the 2nd and Steve Smith in the 3rd would be good for you guys.

Yeah I would like that.

And who were you Rodgers and Lynch07?

11-20-2006, 06:09 PM

Yeah I would like that.

And who were you Rodgers and Lynch07?

Rodgers and bush06

TitleTown088
11-20-2006, 06:16 PM

uh i like that too, but i am starting to maybe think about a DE in round 3, because KGB is not impressing me. I just really don't think the packers will need another WR on day 1 if Koren comes back.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-20-2006, 07:00 PM
this is kind of a random question but can any of you guys find a good picture of Daymeion Hughes?

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-20-2006, 07:00 PM

70challenger457
11-20-2006, 07:04 PM
this is kind of a random question but can any of you guys find a good picture of Daymeion Hughes?
just find his school website and look from there

roughrider30
11-20-2006, 07:04 PM

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/cal/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/211567.jpeg

heres the best i could find

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-20-2006, 07:06 PM

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/cal/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/211567.jpeg

heres the best i could find

it suks theres no big pictures of him...for some weird reason.

TitleTown088
11-20-2006, 07:14 PM
With a three-spot, the Packers now have allowed 17 touchdown passes. They're in position to challenge the club record of 33 set in 2004, when secondary coach Kurt Schottenheimer was in his first tour of duty in Green Bay."

anyone notice the coincidence????

jackalope
11-20-2006, 07:18 PM
With a three-spot, the Packers now have allowed 17 touchdown passes. They're in position to challenge the club record of 33 set in 2004, when secondary coach Kurt Schottenheimer was in his first tour of duty in Green Bay."

anyone notice the coincidence????i'd brought this up earlier. i think we should dump Schttenheimer. he could be the main cause of our secondary issues.

too bad about Rodgers. i didn't know he was hurt until it was mentioned.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-20-2006, 07:23 PM
can anyone find a good picture of Steve Smith (USC receiver not Panther)

roughrider30
11-20-2006, 07:30 PM

http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/College_Football/41_SteveSmithWSUGettyNFP.JPG

just curious what are you using these for?

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-20-2006, 07:34 PM

http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/College_Football/41_SteveSmithWSUGettyNFP.JPG

just curious what are you using these for?

just putting somethin together...

Boston
11-20-2006, 08:08 PM
...like a sig.

Kurt blows.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-20-2006, 08:45 PM
...like a sig.

Kurt blows.

yea, I decided I liked this one better than the old 1.

roughrider30
11-20-2006, 08:48 PM
...like a sig.

Kurt blows.

i like it, but u stole my idea thats what i was going to do. :x

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-20-2006, 08:55 PM
...like a sig.

Kurt blows.

what was that?

roughrider30
11-20-2006, 08:58 PM
...like a sig.

Kurt blows.

what was that?

i was going to get a lynch sig but u beat me to it

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-20-2006, 08:59 PM
...like a sig.

Kurt blows.

what was that?

I had 2 to choose from and I liked this one better than the last 1

roughrider30
11-20-2006, 09:10 PM
...like a sig.

Kurt blows.

what was that?

I had 2 to choose from and I liked this one better than the last 1

i like that one a lot better too

TitleTown088
11-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Packers | Barnett breaks hand, should play Week 12
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:09:43 -0800

Green Bay Packers LB Nick Barnett (hand) suffered a broken hand during Week 11, but continued to play. Barnett will be fitted for a protective club and should play in Week 12.

roughrider30
11-20-2006, 09:25 PM

Green Bay Packers LB Nick Barnett (hand) suffered a broken hand during Week 11, but continued to play. Barnett will be fitted for a protective club and should play in Week 12.

the injuries just dont end do they. :evil:

this year and last year have been terrible

Boston
11-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Abdul Hodge needs to get some damn playing time.

GB12
11-20-2006, 09:30 PM

does that mean he'll play with that on or is it just for practice?

roughrider30
11-20-2006, 09:34 PM

does that mean he'll play with that on or is it just for practice?

im assuming that hes going to use it in games too, because he probably wouldnt be able to play with a broken hand without the club.

TitleTown088
11-20-2006, 09:35 PM

anyone notice the coincidence????i'd brought this up earlier. i think we should dump Schttenheimer. he could be the main cause of our secondary issues.

too bad about Rodgers. i didn't know he was hurt until it was mentioned.
your damn right they should fire him.

70challenger457
11-20-2006, 09:41 PM
secondary played solid under Bates, man we should have given him the head coaching job

Twiddler
11-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Wow, just wow. I go up north deer hunting for one weekend and don't get a chance to watch any of the games or any of that and this is what happens? Wow, 35-0 really sucks. But I guess that hunting was a good time so I can take it, even though I am deerless.

GB12
11-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Wow, just wow. I go up north deer hunting for one weekend and don't get a chance to watch any of the games or any of that and this is what happens? Wow, 35-0 really sucks. But I guess that hunting was a good time so I can take it, even though I am deerless.

That sums up my weekend aswell. Between 6 guys no one fired a shot and only 3 deer were seen.

Boston
11-20-2006, 10:00 PM

That sums up my weekend aswell. Between 6 guys no one fired a shot and only 3 deer were seen.

Ouch. I saw two the first day, one of which i shot, and zero the second day. I guess it was a pretty good game not to watch. :?

GB12
11-20-2006, 10:03 PM

Ouch. I saw two the first day, one of which i shot, and zero the second day. I guess it was a pretty good game not to watch. :?

I saw a nice 6 pointer but I never had a chance for a good shot.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-20-2006, 10:12 PM
secondary played solid under Bates, man we should have given him the head coaching job
exactly, and right now where is he coaching????? No where he OUT OF FOOTBALL.... one of the few bad decisions TT has made since coming to Green Bay. Not hiring Bates as head coach.

GB12
11-20-2006, 10:15 PM
exactly, and right now where is he coaching????? No where he OUT OF FOOTBALL.... one of the few bad decisions TT has made since coming to Green Bay. Not hiring Bates as head coach.

I was upset at first too, but now I think he made the right decision.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-20-2006, 10:42 PM

I was upset at first too, but now I think he made the right decision.
how??? Bates worked wonders with a relatively young defense last year...why wouldn't you let the guy stay and continue with what's working? Thats the problem...the Pack has had a new defensive coordinator every year. Pick one and stick with it, go with what's working. Jim Bates worked and TT got rid of him. For that he's wrong. Not to mention there's no salary cap for coaches and Jim Bates is a dang good one.

someone447
11-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Bates was offered the d-coordinator position, he declined it. He felt that TT treated him unfairly by not giving him a chance for the head coaching job.

TitleTown088
11-20-2006, 11:44 PM

sucks for you guys, i shot two. 8)

By Pete Dougherty
pdougher @ greenbaypressgazette.com

The Green Bay Packers scheduled workouts with three veteran quarterbacks Monday night and likely will sign one of them to replace injured backup Aaron Rodgers, an NFL source said.

Two of the quarterbacks played for coach Mike McCarthy when he was the New Orleans Saints’ offensive coordinator: J.T. O’Sullivan, who also played for the Packers in 2004; and Todd Bouman, who played for McCarthy with the Saints in 2003 and ’04.

The other quarterback is former Denver backup Bradlee Van Pelt, who was cut by the Broncos at the end of training camp.

O’Sullivan, 27, was on New England’s practice squad for a month but was cut in October. He played for McCarthy in 2002 and ’03. Bouman played for the Saints from 2003 until getting cut at the end of training camp this year.

O’Sullivan and Bouman would appear to have a better shot at getting signed because they’ll be familiar with the language in McCarthy’s offense, and McCarthy also will know their strengths and weaknesses. Van Pelt has no obvious connection with McCarthy.

Bouman has by far the most playing experience of the three — the ninth-year pro has started six NFL games, appeared in 42, and thrown 230 passes.

Van Pelt was a seventh-round draft pick in 2004 who spent his rookie season on the Broncos’ practice squad and was their backup last year.

TitleTown088
11-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Also, the packers inked todd bauman today.

johbur
11-21-2006, 01:35 PM
Linebacker is fine, Abdul Hodge maybe one of the three best but they won't put him on the field. Better things may happen if he were out there, who knows.

Abdul Hodge looks like a good run stopping LB, Poppinga good at stopping the run and rushing the passer. I would like to see as our fifth LB a guy that would not be a liability in coverage and can still lay the wood on run-support. Maybe I want a big safety instead, but in our nickel package it'd be nice to have someone that is around 220-230 has good coverage skills and can still bring it for the front seven. I was in favor of getting Cato June, and still want a Cato June type of guy opposite Hawk.

Tracy White does not seem to have the capacity to get on the field for time, and Ben taylor hasn't played all that much and just tweeked his hammy again.

PACKmanN
11-21-2006, 03:02 PM
1. Leon Hall, CB
2a. Earl Everett, OLB
2b. Mike Hart, RB or Antonio Pittman, RB
3. Ryan Harris, OT
4. Jay Alford, DT
5. Tyler Ecker, TE
6. Tyrone Moss, RB
7. Andrew Carnahan, OT

what do u guys think?

roughrider30
11-21-2006, 03:12 PM
1. Leon Hall, CB
2a. Earl Everett, OLB
3. Ryan Harris, OT
4. Jay Alford, DT
5. Tyler Ecker, TE
6. Tyrone Moss, RB
7. Andrew Carnahan, OT

what do u guys think?

Everett would be good value at that pick, but whats the reason for picking a OLB in the second round?

bearsfan_51
11-21-2006, 04:06 PM
1. Leon Hall, CB
2a. Earl Everett, OLB
3. Ryan Harris, OT
4. Jay Alford, DT
5. Tyler Ecker, TE
6. Tyrone Moss, RB
7. Andrew Carnahan, OT

what do u guys think?

Everett would be good value at that pick, but whats the reason for picking a OLB in the second round?
Poppinga is absolutely terrible in coverage. He made Desmond Clark look like Antonio Gates. And Ben Taylor, like I tried to tell everyone in the preseason, is nothing more than an average backup. Unless they plan on moving Barnett outside and Hodge inside, which there's nothing to say that they do, I would consider OLB a big need.

roughrider30
11-21-2006, 04:15 PM
1. Leon Hall, CB
2a. Earl Everett, OLB
3. Ryan Harris, OT
4. Jay Alford, DT
5. Tyler Ecker, TE
6. Tyrone Moss, RB
7. Andrew Carnahan, OT

what do u guys think?

Poppinga is absolutely terrible in coverage. He made Desmond Clark look like Antonio Gates. And Ben Taylor, like I tried to tell everyone in the preseason, is nothing more than an average backup. Unless they plan on moving Barnett outside and Hodge inside, which there's nothing to say that they do, I would consider OLB a big need.

I would consider OLB a minor need compared to the rest of team at this point. Their LB corps have been probably the stong point in the D this year, which isnt saying much. I think that S and CB are much bigger needs at this time and for a second round pick. I would much rather see Poppinga start next season then Manuel.

Also, the game you are talking about was week 1 and Poppinga has shown improvements in the passing game since.

bearsfan_51
11-21-2006, 04:18 PM
1. Leon Hall, CB
2a. Earl Everett, OLB
3. Ryan Harris, OT
4. Jay Alford, DT
5. Tyler Ecker, TE
6. Tyrone Moss, RB
7. Andrew Carnahan, OT

what do u guys think?

I would consider OLB a minor need compared to the rest of team at this point. Their LB corps have been probably the stong point in the D this year, which isnt saying much. I think that S and CB are much bigger needs at this time and for a second round pick. I would much rather see Poppinga start next season then Manuel.

Also, the game you are talking about was week 1 and Poppinga has shown improvements in the passing game since.
I was under the impression that the Patriots TE's owned Poppinga this week as well. Then again, that game might not be the best example consider everyone got owned.

70challenger457
11-21-2006, 04:19 PM
while you can say Poppinga hasn't been good in coverage, he's at least imporved well while manuel hasn't. RB is way more of a need than CB, Al Harris and Woodson still have a few years in them, Ahman is losing him game much quicker

roughrider30
11-21-2006, 04:23 PM
1. Leon Hall, CB
2a. Earl Everett, OLB
3. Ryan Harris, OT
4. Jay Alford, DT
5. Tyler Ecker, TE
6. Tyrone Moss, RB
7. Andrew Carnahan, OT

what do u guys think?

I was under the impression that the Patriots TE's owned Poppinga this week as well. Then again, that game might not be the best example consider everyone got owned.

ya that game the defense was overworked. you cant really put too much blame on the D when the time of position for the Pats was almost double than the Packers. The Pats also had very short fields almost everytime they got the ball since the Packers went 3 and out almost every posession.

70challenger457
11-21-2006, 04:25 PM
JS Online
Green Bay - Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett suffered a broken hand against the New England Patriots.
It was just one of a number of serious injuries the Packers suffered Sunday in a 35-0 loss, although Barnett's might not cause him to miss any time. There is a possibility that he will be able to wear a padded "club" over his hand and continue to play, according to coach Mike McCarthy.

roughrider30
11-21-2006, 04:27 PM
JS Online
Green Bay - Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett suffered a broken hand against the New England Patriots.
It was just one of a number of serious injuries the Packers suffered Sunday in a 35-0 loss, although Barnett's might not cause him to miss any time. There is a possibility that he will be able to wear a padded "club" over his hand and continue to play, according to coach Mike McCarthy.

check the last page. :lol:

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-21-2006, 05:26 PM
i want zbikowski :| and i say we bump barnett out to strong side and hodge in the middle

70challenger457
11-21-2006, 06:56 PM
JS Online

check the last page. :lol:
now I feel like an idiot, oh well, happends to the best of us

GB12
11-21-2006, 07:09 PM
i want zbikowski :| and i say we bump barnett out to strong side and hodge in the middle

Why?

70challenger457
11-21-2006, 07:16 PM

Why?
he's an exact copy of Manuel with bigger hits, plain and simple, maybe even worse in coverage

edit: scott doesn't even have him listed

11-21-2006, 07:55 PM

Why?
he's an exact copy of Manuel with bigger hits, plain and simple, maybe even worse in coverage

edit: scott doesn't even have him listedIf we get Zbikowski I will personally fly to GB and kick TT in the balls.

GB12
11-21-2006, 07:56 PM

Why?

edit: scott doesn't even have him listedIf we get Zbikowski I will personally fly to GB and kick TT in the balls.

I trust TT 100% in the draft and would be very surprised if he took him.

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-21-2006, 08:13 PM
haha i dont know what i see in him but his name sounds cool. but really im not sure i just like him i guess thats all

Moses
11-21-2006, 08:24 PM
1. Leon Hall, CB
2a. Earl Everett, OLB
3. Ryan Harris, OT
4. Jay Alford, DT
5. Tyler Ecker, TE
6. Tyrone Moss, RB
7. Andrew Carnahan, OT

what do u guys think?

OLB won't be a need after the Packers sign Lance Briggs in the off-season.

WLB: A.J. Hawk, Ben Taylor
SLB: Lance Briggs, Brady Poppinga

:D

GB12
11-21-2006, 08:29 PM
1. Leon Hall, CB
2a. Earl Everett, OLB
3. Ryan Harris, OT
4. Jay Alford, DT
5. Tyler Ecker, TE
6. Tyrone Moss, RB
7. Andrew Carnahan, OT

what do u guys think?

OLB won't be a need after the Packers sign Lance Briggs in the off-season.

WLB: A.J. Hawk, Ben Taylor
SLB: Lance Briggs, Brady Poppinga

:D

I dont really think he is worth all the money he will get but we have money to spend and that would be awesome.

70challenger457
11-21-2006, 08:33 PM
every one, predict the rest of the season, scores and summaries included
@ Seatle, L 28-21, we come back a little pissed of but blown coverages makes Hasselbacks come back an easy one.
Jets, L 14-10, a defensive battle with lots of turnovers, Farve is off but running game is solid
@ 49ers W31-7, pack come out breathing fire, Kapman, throws Alex smith to the ground a couple times, Hawk picks up a fumble for a touchdown
Detroit 34-14, Farve throws it around like last time, they pick some garbage late points, pack dominats
Vikings W 21-17, another close one but Driver comes in big agin but nothing happends on the ground
@Chicago- 27-9, bears throw in the back ups and the pack rolls, grossman comes out after the 2nd series, farve beats the bears in his last game
final record 8-8 no playoffs

11-21-2006, 08:41 PM
@ Seatle, L 28-21, we come back a little pissed of but blown coverages makes Hasselbacks come back an easy one.
Jets, L 14-10, a defensive battle with lots of turnovers, Farve is off but running game is solid
@ 49ers W31-7, pack come out breathing fire, Kapman, throws Alex smith to the ground a couple times, Hawk picks up a fumble for a touchdown
Detroit 34-14, Farve throws it around like last time, they pick some garbage late points, pack dominats
Vikings W 21-17, another close one but Driver comes in big agin but nothing happends on the ground
@Chicago- 27-9, bears throw in the back ups and the pack rolls, grossman comes out after the 2nd series, farve beats the bears in his last game
final record 8-8 no playoffsI could see that happening, but probably add a loss against the Vikings or even the 49ers.

70challenger457
11-21-2006, 08:44 PM
then make your own predictions, thats what I was trying to start

beef
11-21-2006, 09:47 PM
I agree with the people who say OLB is a big need. Here's my mock that I made today, and I don't have safety in there because i think TT will stick with either manuel or underwood for a year.

Packers finish with the 15th pick in the draft.

Brett Favre Returns

Resign Ahman Green for 1 year

Free Agency

Bryant Johnson WR 6'3 216
I doubt this happens, because he'd be in the same position he was in Arizona, 3rd on the depth chart at best. I have hope that he'll accept the challenge and fight for a starting spot. The money won't hurt either.
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/5617476_36_1.jpg

Dwayne Carswell OL 6'3 290
I'm not sure if he wants to return to football after his car accident, but I think this move would be good for depth and he has tons of experience in Denvers ZBS.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/Top%20Stories/2005/carswell_dwayne_050516.jpg

Draft

Trade down in the first and pick up another 2nd.

1 Rufus Alexander OLB 6'1 230 Oklahoma
I know he'd be better as a Will, but in the Packers system, there isn't THAT much of a difference. I think he's being way underrated and would be a steal late in the first round. This would give the Packers the consensus fastest LB corps in the league. All would have sideline to sideline capabilities and all can cover. Would give the packers two great passrushers on the edge. He'd have to put on a few pounds to be able to play Sam, but he'd be great IMO.
http://sooner.nmn.speedera.net/pics2/380/RI/RIDDPFSPEGQGXZP.20060613190226.jpg

2a Fred Bennett CB 6'1 198 South Carolina
This pick is to help shore up the worst pass D in the league. A physical corner, which is what we need. Would battle Blackmon for the nickleback and hopefully eventually start.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/scar/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/576825.jpeg

2b Tim Crowder DE 6'4 270 Texas
A solid all-around end in the mold of our own Aaron Kampman. Excels in stopping the run, which is something we need on that other end.
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/07/52/07/image_2007527.jpg

3 Chauncey Washington RB 6'1 220lbs USC
A slasher with gread size and breakaway speed, which is key for the ZBS. Always played behind Lendale and Reggie because he got hurt his freshman year. Not very experienced, which is why Ahman was resigned. Hopefully proves to be the RB of the future.
http://www.trojanwire.com/images/c_dub.jpg

4 Brandon Frye OT 6'4 302 Virginia Tech
Fast lineman, which is essential for the ZBS. Will increase not only depth but competition. Lots of young guys fighting for those spots. Hopefully Clifton can hang onto it for a year or two more, though.
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Player/photo/74-BRANDON%20FRYE.JPG

5 Ryne Robinson WR 5'10 175 Miami(OH)
Best kick returner in the country. Not a bad receiver either. Would really help the special teams out.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/mioh/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/324540.jpeg

6 Brennan Spain CB 5'10 175 Missouri State
Great speed and can return kicks. Puts another body to add to the competition in the secondary. Potential to be great cover man.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/semo/galleries/2006_FB_Spring_game/img_1971-lg.jpg

7 Ryan Powdrell FB 6'0 255 USC
Changed to a fullback from a linebacker so he is still learning the position. Lots of potential and is a playmaker...from the FB spot. At worst, he'll provide solid competition. What more could you ask for from a 7th rounder?
http://www.eyetide.com/content/repository/images/ec/01/80/66/1806616.jpg

roughrider30
11-22-2006, 12:18 AM

i hope not thats going to be my first trip to Lambeau.

Boston
11-22-2006, 12:33 AM

Wow. I guess in some ways I am jealous. :wink:

And as for the mock, there is no way we take another OLB in round one. Poppinga will develop, or at least be given a chance before we draft a linebacker in the first round.

roughrider30
11-22-2006, 01:01 AM

Wow. I guess in some ways I am jealous. :wink:

And as for the mock, there is no way we take another OLB in round one. Poppinga will develop, or at least be given a chance before we draft a linebacker in the first round.

i agree we have much bigger needs that we can fill in the 1st other than OLB. I dont think we should even spend a 1st day pick on an OLB. Id be much happier with Lynch or even a CB over an OLB in the 1st.

sik wit it
11-22-2006, 10:39 AM
why are we even talking about this, look who posed this situation in the first place, a bears fan.

TitleTown088
11-22-2006, 10:59 AM
no way does TT go LB in the first agian, no way.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-22-2006, 11:34 AM
That's why we sign Lance Briggs. I watch him every week the guy is one of the best coverage and overall LB's in the game and he plays the weak side. He shuts down every team's TE.

Scenario: Barnett not resigned, which I doubt, but anyway...

SLB: A.J. Hawk
MLB: Abdul Hodge
WLB: Lance Briggs

Hawk and Briggs continue to stay on the field in Nickle situations and maybe Dime with a 3-2-6 setup.

Unfortunately having Barnett, Briggs, and Hawk with big contracts would be too much money invested in one area of the team.

The thing with Poppinga is he has great attributes for the position he plays except he's already 27, it makes you wonder if it's worth having him if his prime may be a only a couple of years. If he were around 23 I'd say this guy will be insanely good but it remains to be seen if he will ever get his coverage skills fixed.

That's why it makes sense to have Barnett at OLB, (2 int's and near the team lead inm pass break ups) even though he's the leader that you expect of a MLB, his best skill is coverage and Abdul Hodge's best skill is stopping the run. I think Barnett is perfect for the weakside where you cover pretty much just TE's and Hawk would be better at SLB where you focus on covering less TE's, some backs and stopping the run. I think Barnett might be our fastest Linebacker which allows him to cover so well whereas Hawk has the best all around skills with his combination of acceleration, agility, speed and strength etc.

SLB: Hawk
MLB:Hodge
WLB: Barnett

jackalope
11-22-2006, 12:31 PM
OLB isn't a day one need.

bearsfan_51
11-22-2006, 01:25 PM
why are we even talking about this, look who posed this situation in the first place, a bears fan.
I know more about the Packers than half the people in this thread.

bearsfan_51
11-22-2006, 01:26 PM
That's why we sign Lance Briggs. I watch him every week the guy is one of the best coverage and overall LB's in the game and he plays the weak side. He shuts down every team's TE.

Scenario: Barnett not resigned, which I doubt, but anyway...

SLB: A.J. Hawk
MLB: Abdul Hodge
WLB: Lance Briggs

Hawk and Briggs continue to stay on the field in Nickle situations and maybe Dime with a 3-2-6 setup.

Unfortunately having Barnett, Briggs, and Hawk with big contracts would be too much money invested in one area of the team.

The thing with Poppinga is he has great attributes for the position he plays except he's already 27, it makes you wonder if it's worth having him if his prime may be a only a couple of years. If he were around 23 I'd say this guy will be insanely good but it remains to be seen if he will ever get his coverage skills fixed.

That's why it makes sense to have Barnett at OLB, (2 int's and near the team lead inm pass break ups) even though he's the leader that you expect of a MLB, his best skill is coverage and Abdul Hodge's best skill is stopping the run. I think Barnett is perfect for the weakside where you cover pretty much just TE's and Hawk would be better at SLB where you focus on covering less TE's, some backs and stopping the run. I think Barnett might be our fastest Linebacker which allows him to cover so well whereas Hawk has the best all around skills with his combination of acceleration, agility, speed and strength etc.

SLB: Hawk
MLB:Hodge
WLB: Barnett
You don't spend that kind of money on a SLB. If they moved Hawk to SLB that would be stupid as SLB is primarily a position that can be filled rather cheap (agreed that it's not a first round need). Not to mention that Briggs is going to command top dollar and that would tie up way too much money into the linebacker position as you stated. They should, however, give strong consideration to filling it in the 2nd and 3rd round. As long as Poppinga is there teams are going to use that matchup to exploit you for easy 3rd down conversions.

sik wit it
11-22-2006, 01:41 PM
you want a medal? Why would we choose to address OLB when that is a minor need compared to other positions. Just because your team is doing decent doesn't mean you intelligence level and football IQ increases.
War the Packers dominating the NFC North for another decade after this year.

bearsfan_51
11-22-2006, 01:52 PM
you want a medal? Why would we choose to address OLB when that is a minor need compared to other positions. Just because your team is doing decent doesn't mean you intelligence level and football IQ increases.
I have no idea what you just said.

I watch the Packers a lot. I keep close track of them. Granted it's for different reasons than most of you, but I know what I'm talking about. You can choose not to listen to me and that's fine, but to say "he's a Bears fan what does he know" is ignorant. If I said something to the degree of "Packers suck blah blah blah" that would be one thing but instead I'm actually trying to have an intellectual conversation. Something you obviously want no part of.

And the reason why you would adress it, is because it's not a minor need, even in comparison to other holes that may appear more gaping such as runningback (which honestly I agree with Drowe in that it's not a first pick need) or the secondary (which is obviously in need of massive overhaul, starting with the complete removal of Manuel).

Moses
11-22-2006, 02:26 PM
I was just looking through some of the Packers UFAs (Unrestricted Free Agents) for next year and noticed that both Donald Lee and David Martin are on that list. If neither are resigned (more importantly, if David Martin isn't resigned) tight end will become somewhat of a major need. Bubba Franks is not a very good option in the passing game so bringing in a tight end that can stretch defences and provide a safety net across the middle could be very beneficial.

11-22-2006, 02:29 PM
I was just looking through some of the Packers UFAs (Unrestricted Free Agents) for next year and noticed that both Donald Lee and David Martin are on that list. If neither are resigned (more importantly, if David Martin isn't resigned) tight end will become somewhat of a major need. Bubba Franks is not a very good option in the passing game so bringing in a tight end that can stretch defences and provide a safety net across the middle could be very beneficial.I noticed that Eric Johnson of the 49ers will also be a UFA, I think he would be addition to the Pack if they can't sign their TE's.

Boston
11-22-2006, 04:36 PM

I watch the Packers a lot. I keep close track of them. Granted it's for different reasons than most of you, but I know what I'm talking about. You can choose not to listen to me and that's fine, but to say "he's a Bears fan what does he know" is ignorant. If I said something to the degree of "Packers suck blah blah blah" that would be one thing but instead I'm actually trying to have an intellectual conversation. Something you obviously want no part of.

And the reason why you would adress it, is because it's not a minor need, even in comparison to other holes that may appear more gaping such as runningback (which honestly I agree with Drowe in that it's not a first pick need) or the secondary (which is obviously in need of massive overhaul, starting with the complete removal of Manuel).

I don't think OLB is that big of a need. Even if Poppinga doesn't end up panning out in coverage, which remains to be seen, we still could move Barnett to OLB, and Hodge in the middle, which is what i would rather have.

sik wit it
11-22-2006, 05:53 PM

I don't think OLB is that big of a need. Even if Poppinga doesn't end up panning out in coverage, which remains to be seen, we still could move Barnett to OLB, and Hodge in the middle, which is what i would rather have.
plus what is the logic in investing so much money into one position

TitleTown088
11-22-2006, 06:31 PM

how about saying all the packers have AIDS? I think that falls under that area, but anyways are you saing that if a premire back like lynch is aviable at the packers pick they shouldn't take him? Who is going to carry this team for the next few years noah herron? Morency? Green is good, but old. I do however agree that the secondary needs to be adressed this offseason and most likely first day. while i hate manuel, i don't think he's the sole problem. Shotty is the problem, not just the personel, the packers actually have some pretty decent personel in the secondary. On the other hand they cannot seem to work together and that seems to be more on the shoulders of the coaches than the players IMO. I mean you have some vets woodson, harris, manuel( well maybe these guys arn't what they once were) they are still pretty solid for the most part. plain and simple, shotty needs to go.

Moses
11-22-2006, 06:42 PM
A few players I want the Packers to look at in free agency:

Adalius Thomas, UFA, Baltimore Ravens
Lance Briggs, UFA, Chicago Bears
Jared Allen, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Nate Clements, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Asante Samuel UFA New England Patriots
Ken Hamlin, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
TE Eric Johnson, UFA, San Francisco 49ers

Free Agent List: http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagents.html

ny10804
11-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Allen would be very nice. He's like a speedier Aaron Kampman. I doubt he hits the market though, and TT will probably be scared off by his RFA status.

Moses
11-22-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm very interested in Adalius Thomas. Lining him up at SLB for the Packers would be very interesting. You get a great pass rusher which our linebacker unit lacks as well as a great coverman.

Hawk
11-22-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm very interested in Adalius Thomas. Lining him up at SLB for the Packers would be very interesting. You get a great pass rusher which our linebacker unit lacks as well as a great coverman.

yup that man's a beast

bearsfan_51
11-22-2006, 10:42 PM

2nd and 3rd round picks make roughly around or less than a million dollars per year. It's not very much money at all. I would venture that Ben Taylor makes something similar to that right now.

Moses
11-22-2006, 10:52 PM

2nd and 3rd round picks make roughly around or less than a million dollars per year. It's not very much money at all. I would venture that Ben Taylor makes something similar to that right now.

I doubt the Packers will be able to grab a superior player to Poppinga in Round 2 or 3 of the draft. I think if they do address the SOLB position they will do it via free agency. Also, it seems to me like the Packers believe in Poppinga and want him there long-term.

The Legend
11-22-2006, 11:15 PM
if you had to pick would you not take Peterson over Lynch?

also i belive theres only 4 teams in need a of a RB

Browns , Jets , Packers , Ravens - if we pick a RB im guessing we are letting Green go and not to metion there also Chris Brown , Turner , Betts so thats 4 good FA-RB so why would Peterson not fall to us?

Moses
11-22-2006, 11:24 PM

Browns , Jets , Packers , Ravens - if we pick a RB im guessing we are letting Green go and not to metion there also Chris Brown , Turner , Betts so thats 4 good FA-RB so why would Peterson not fall to us?

Peterson is a top 5 talent. I couldn't see getting by the Browns and the Raiders. Peterson isn't as good as fit in Green Bay's system as Lynch is but Peterson is the better prospect.

The Legend
11-22-2006, 11:55 PM
1st day draft

trade KGB for a 2nd round pick

1st Round
Gaines Adams : Defensive End | Senior | Clemson in the 1st round
(Height: 6-5 | Weight: 260 | 40-Time: 4.75 )

2nd Round
Daymeion Hughes : Cornerback | Senior | California in the 2nd round
(Height: 6-2 | Weight: 188 | 40-Time: 4.55 )

Michael Bush : Running Back | Senior | Louisville in the 2nd round
(Height: 6-3 | Weight: 247 | 40-Time: 4.50)

3rd Round
Brandon Meriweather : Safety | Senior | Miami in the 3rd round
(Height: 6-0 | Weight: 195 | 40-Time: 4.45 )

its just and idea

Boston
11-23-2006, 12:14 AM
1st day draft

1st Round

2nd Round

3rd Round

its just and idea

Too many big names. That's not Thompsons style.

Moses
11-23-2006, 12:17 AM
1st day draft

1st Round

2nd Round

3rd Round

its just and idea

Way too optimistic.

KGB is basically untradable due to his huge contract compared to his production.

Adams, Hughes, Bush, and Merriweather will all likely be gone when we are picking at those respective places.

70challenger457
11-23-2006, 12:17 AM
1st day draft

1st Round

2nd Round

3rd Round

its just and idea
belive me, we all want kgb gone but theres too much money and I don't even consider him worth a first day pick, probably a 4th

bearsfan_51
11-23-2006, 01:10 AM

I doubt the Packers will be able to grab a superior player to Poppinga in Round 2 or 3 of the draft. I think if they do address the SOLB position they will do it via free agency. Also, it seems to me like the Packers believe in Poppinga and want him there long-term.
The Packers could find a superior player to Poppinga outside Home Depot.

The Legend
11-23-2006, 02:20 AM
1st day draft

1st Round

2nd Round

3rd Round

its just and idea

Way too optimistic.

KGB is basically untradable due to his huge contract compared to his production.

Adams, Hughes, Bush, and Merriweather will all likely be gone when we are picking at those respective places.

adams i see your point unless you get lucky

but Bush i think will be there

and Merriweather i think the miami fight will drop him pretty bad

i wonder if kgb will take a lil cut like some players do for the teams

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-23-2006, 02:28 AM
I doubt KGB goes for a 2nd rounder.

Moses
11-23-2006, 03:08 AM
1st day draft

1st Round

2nd Round

3rd Round

its just and idea

Way too optimistic.

adams i see your point unless you get lucky

but Bush i think will be there

and Merriweather i think the miami fight will drop him pretty bad

i wonder if kgb will take a lil cut like some players do for the teams

Bush wouldn't even fit the ZBS though so I doubt the Packers would pick him up. The ZBS requires backs that can make quick cuts.

Merriweather is not at all a "Packer Person" and I can't see him being picked by the Packers under any circumstances

jackalope
11-23-2006, 08:34 AM

Browns , Jets , Packers , Ravens - if we pick a RB im guessing we are letting Green go and not to metion there also Chris Brown , Turner , Betts so thats 4 good FA-RB so why would Peterson not fall to us?i've thought about this, and i'm not really sure. i realize Peterson's better and we should take him if he's there. i like Lynch more though and i kind of hope that he's gone so we'll take Lynch.

Boston
11-23-2006, 12:42 PM

You and your humor.

70challenger457
11-23-2006, 02:25 PM

ya ok, so I bet you think Hillenmeyer is better huh?

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-23-2006, 06:12 PM
whats the update on barnett? im kind of hoping hes out so hodge will see the field...

70challenger457
11-23-2006, 06:14 PM
whats the update on barnett? im kind of hoping hes out so hodge will see the field...
he's gunna play with a club

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-23-2006, 06:40 PM
he's gunna play with a clubah thats too bad i still think they should bump barnett to olb and put hodge in the middle...owel atleast i know who to start for fantasy

bearsfan_51
11-23-2006, 07:37 PM

Are you kidding me? Seriously? Hillenmeyer is a very solid OLB. Nothing off the charts but he does his job and does it well (and is very good in coverage on TE's) Anyone with a non-biased perspective that has seen both players would know that. Poppinga likely wouldn't even make our roster.

Boston
11-23-2006, 08:21 PM
[quote:34aaa3a4a9="sik wit it"]why are we even talking about this, look who posed this situation in the first place, a bears fan.

Are you kidding me? Seriously? Hillenmeyer is a very solid OLB. Nothing off the charts but he does his job and does it well (and is very good in coverage on TE's) Anyone with a non-biased perspective that has seen both players would know that. Poppinga likely wouldn't even make our roster.[/quote:34aaa3a4a9]

You really don't contribute any usefulness whatsoever any time you post in this thread.

70challenger457
11-23-2006, 09:48 PM
if you consider Poppinga a huge weakness you really haven't watched any games since the first game against the bears. He has improved greatly in pass coverage. Not to say he's awsome but it is now up to acceptible but he's an awsome tackler and a great pass rusher

TitleTown088
11-24-2006, 12:54 AM
[quote:9928c203c5="bearsfan_51"][quote:9928c203c5="sik wit it"]why are we even talking about this, look who posed this situation in the first place, a bears fan.

Are you kidding me? Seriously? Hillenmeyer is a very solid OLB. Nothing off the charts but he does his job and does it well (and is very good in coverage on TE's) Anyone with a non-biased perspective that has seen both players would know that. Poppinga likely wouldn't even make our roster.[/quote:9928c203c5]

You really don't contribute any usefulness whatsoever any time you post in this thread.[/quote:9928c203c5]
very very true.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Poppinga would make the Bears roster as a backup, they've got Ayanbedejo and a few guys named Joe :lol: , and he'd probably be a pretty good special teamer for them, you've gotta be great in coverage to play for the Bears defense.

jackalope
11-24-2006, 05:38 PM
[quote:45c8019f58="bearsfan_51"][quote:45c8019f58="sik wit it"]why are we even talking about this, look who posed this situation in the first place, a bears fan.

Are you kidding me? Seriously? Hillenmeyer is a very solid OLB. Nothing off the charts but he does his job and does it well (and is very good in coverage on TE's) Anyone with a non-biased perspective that has seen both players would know that. Poppinga likely wouldn't even make our roster.[/quote:45c8019f58]

You really don't contribute any usefulness whatsoever any time you post in this thread.[/quote:45c8019f58]QFT

sik wit it
11-24-2006, 06:52 PM
[quote:269cf2cd90="sik wit it"][quote:269cf2cd90="bearsfan_51"][quote:269cf2cd90="sik wit it"]why are we even talking about this, look who posed this situation in the first place, a bears fan.

Are you kidding me? Seriously? Hillenmeyer is a very solid OLB. Nothing off the charts but he does his job and does it well (and is very good in coverage on TE's) Anyone with a non-biased perspective that has seen both players would know that. Poppinga likely wouldn't even make our roster.[/quote:269cf2cd90]

You really don't contribute any usefulness whatsoever any time you post in this thread.[/quote:269cf2cd90]QFT[/quote:269cf2cd90]
I'd compare him to the kid in the group that no one likes but in his own world he thinks he's mr. popular and top dawg.

4pAc
11-24-2006, 08:51 PM
I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY hope the Packers win this weekend......i have a bet with a Viking fan that I REALLLLLLLY don't wanna lose.
well i am going to be at this game with 4 of my friends who are all viking fans and i have bets with them all, i'm drinking a bottle of jack b4 the game so i can't feel the punches after i get into about 123849 fights with those minny queers.

and remember...the vikings have purple helmets.
ew cooties

4pAc
11-24-2006, 08:53 PM
[quote:4726839cf8="bearsfan_51"][quote:4726839cf8="sik wit it"][quote:4726839cf8="bearsfan_51"][quote:4726839cf8="sik wit it"]why are we even talking about this, look who posed this situation in the first place, a bears fan.

Are you kidding me? Seriously? Hillenmeyer is a very solid OLB. Nothing off the charts but he does his job and does it well (and is very good in coverage on TE's) Anyone with a non-biased perspective that has seen both players would know that. Poppinga likely wouldn't even make our roster.[/quote:4726839cf8]

You really don't contribute any usefulness whatsoever any time you post in this thread.[/quote:4726839cf8]QFT[/quote:4726839cf8]
I'd compare him to the kid in the group that no one likes but in his own world he thinks he's mr. popular and top dawg.[/quote:4726839cf8]He's part of the first class of NFLDC HOF inductees...

70challenger457
11-25-2006, 09:36 AM
I think we need to stop quoting

sik wit it
11-25-2006, 10:02 AM
[quote:997dc1fc5a="Boston"][quote:997dc1fc5a="bearsfan_51"][quote:997dc1fc5a="sik wit it"][quote:997dc1fc5a="bearsfan_51"][quote:997dc1fc5a="sik wit it"]why are we even talking about this, look who posed this situation in the first place, a bears fan.

Are you kidding me? Seriously? Hillenmeyer is a very solid OLB. Nothing off the charts but he does his job and does it well (and is very good in coverage on TE's) Anyone with a non-biased perspective that has seen both players would know that. Poppinga likely wouldn't even make our roster.[/quote:997dc1fc5a]

You really don't contribute any usefulness whatsoever any time you post in this thread.[/quote:997dc1fc5a]QFT[/quote:997dc1fc5a]
I'd compare him to the kid in the group that no one likes but in his own world he thinks he's mr. popular and top dawg.[/quote:997dc1fc5a]He's part of the first class of NFLDC HOF inductees...[/quote:997dc1fc5a]
and your point is? Just because he is doesn't mean everyone has to like him and agree with everything he says.

jackalope
11-25-2006, 10:31 AM
packers placed Blackmon on IR, signed guard/tackle Tyson Walter

70challenger457
11-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Barnett is out for the game, just heard it from espn

Boston
11-25-2006, 03:08 PM

Good. I've been wanting to see Hodge play for awhile now.

GB12
11-25-2006, 03:10 PM

Good. I've been wanting to see Hodge play for awhile now.

I wouldn't say that our leading tackler for the past 3 seasons being out is good, but I do want to see Hodge.

jackalope
11-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Barnett is out for the game, just heard it from espnthat really sucks. at least we get to see hodge play.

70challenger457
11-25-2006, 05:10 PM
any brewers fans hear about the trade. Davis, Evland and Krenzel for Estrata, Vargas and Aquino

sik wit it
11-25-2006, 06:50 PM
so is anyone hoping for a win this week or just wanting to stay close?

GB12
11-25-2006, 08:43 PM
any brewers fans hear about the trade. Davis, Evland and Krenzel for Estrata, Vargas and Aquino

Is in the MLB discussion thread.

Windy
11-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Kirk Morrison owns all who bare a thug to thee.

11-25-2006, 08:52 PM

Abdul Hodge > Kirk Morrison

Windy
11-25-2006, 08:56 PM

Abdul Hodge > Kirk Morrison

Kirk Morrison Stats have told me..

05 (Rookie Year)

116 Tackles

06 (10 Games)

81 Tackles

2 Ints

Kirk Morrison leads all linebackers whos numbers are 52 and jerseys are black

70challenger457
11-25-2006, 11:22 PM

Is in the MLB discussion thread.
yeah I know but I just wanted to talk to the brewers fans here

TitleTown088
11-26-2006, 01:20 AM
that sucks will blackmon was placed on IR now.

Boston
11-26-2006, 01:24 AM
I hate Monday Night games so much. Give me a noon game. :evil:

Moses
11-26-2006, 11:04 AM
I was just reviewing the Packers 2004 Draft, and I think it's probably the biggest contributor to the Packers struggling right now.

Round 1: Ahmad Carroll CB (Cut)
Round 3: Joey Thomas CB (Cut)
Round 3: Donnell Washington DT (Cut)
Round 3: B.J. Sander (Cut)
Round 6: Corey Williams (Finally, a good pick)
Round 7: Scott Wells (Wow, and one more good pick)

The first 4 players (all first day picks) were all complete busts. That's hard to fathom that after only a year or two all of these players were cut.

70challenger457
11-26-2006, 01:10 PM
I was just reviewing the Packers 2004 Draft, and I think it's probably the biggest contributor to the Packers struggling right now.

The first 4 players (all first day picks) were all complete busts. That's hard to fathom that after only a year or two all of these players were cut.
yeah it was a missed opertunity but you got to look at the positives, we got 2 solid starters out of the draft, too bad we didn't take gamble

Moses
11-26-2006, 03:20 PM

yeah it was a missed opertunity but you got to look at the positives, we got 2 solid starters out of the draft, too bad we didn't take gamble

Looking at any draft Mike Sherman was a part of just makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

Moses
11-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Here's a good overview of the Packer's offseason needs: http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061126/PKR07/611260582/1989

70challenger457
11-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Here's a good overview of the Packer's offseason needs: http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061126/PKR07/611260582/1989
Man, I kinda forgot about underwood, too bad him and blackmon arn't healthy, that could help us out in so many ways

johbur
11-26-2006, 05:21 PM

Nice article. If we can't get any of the FA crop of safeties: Tyrone Carter of Pittsburgh, Deon Grant of Jacksonville, Ken Hamlin of Seattle and Michael Lewis of Philadelphia, then I'd like to see us get a round one guy, especially if LaRon Landry is available. A lot of people love Marshawn, but I prefer a solid secondary.

Freeney would be a nice pickup, yet horribly expensive and I'd rather have a solid run/pass defender and bring KGB in on passing downs.

O-line for depth a need in the draft, maybe pick up a free agent from Denver/Atlanta if there are any?

Receiver a serious need. I watched the ND/USC game and Dwayne Jarrett would be fine with the Packers. He's faster than Mike Williams and goes after the ball with his hands rather than letting the ball get into his body.

I'm hoping the Packers win some more games and make it to at least 8-8 this season.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Packers Mock
1st Round: Marshawn Lynch- RB- Cal
http://www.dailycal.org/images/art/11.02.football.CHEN.jpg

2nd Round: Antoine Cason- CB- Arizona
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/067b44e8-a77d-4b5c-a1d7-c884329d2ba9.jpg

3rd Round: Ryne Robinson- WR- Miami (OH)
http://enquirer.com/editions/2003/10/12/mu_zoom.jpg

4th Round: Brian Leonard- FB- Rutgers
http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper168/stills/9dw2o9r4.jpg

5th Round: Mason Crosby- K- Colorado
http://www.colorado.edu/insidecu/archives/2005/8-23/photos/kickoff.jpg

packerpro42
11-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Just change Cason to Hughes or Revis and take out the Kicker and FB and that would be a great draft.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Just change Cason to Hughes or Revis and take out the Kicker and FB and that would be a great draft.
Hughes is going to go in the first. If he doesn't then Cason will and we could consider Hughes, but I think Hughes is more likely to go in the first. Kicker and fullback are both needs, as Henderson is likely to retire in the next few years and Dave Rayner is nothing special.

jackalope
11-26-2006, 06:18 PM
i like the first day of that but we don't need a kicker or a fullback

roughrider30
11-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Hughes is going to go in the first. If he doesn't then Cason will and we could consider Hughes, but I think Hughes is more likely to go in the first. Kicker and fullback are both needs, as Henderson is likely to retire in the next few years and Dave Rayner is nothing special.

Miree was doing a pretty good job at FB until he got injured. and Rayner hasnt been that bad in his first year of kicking FGs. He has only missed 4 and all of those have been 40+ yards.

I dont want to see another kicker or punter taken in the draft after Sanders

GB12
11-26-2006, 06:32 PM
I like Leonard but not a kicker.

70challenger457
11-26-2006, 06:37 PM
from what I've been hearing, Leonard's gunna explode at the combine and will probably go in the second

GB12
11-26-2006, 06:55 PM
from what I've been hearing, Leonard's gunna explode at the combine and will probably go in the second

Yeah I dont think he'll fall that far, but if he does we should take him.

11-26-2006, 07:14 PM

Yeah I dont think he'll fall that far, but if he does we should take him.He is being compared very closely to Mike Alstott and will most likely be picked in the first day. If he dropped to us in the 4th I would take him but I wouldn't use a first day pick on him. With Rayner kicking pretty well this year and showing lot's of leg strength I think that eliminates the need for a kicker.