PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83

Football Fan
05-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I dont really find much of a problem with the draft, its the free agency that catches my attention. Although if the strategy is lose now win later as it apears I would have rather traded our first round pick for clevlands top 10 1st pick next year + gaining a swap of this years 2nd 3rd and 4th, thats a significant jump. DT just wasnt much of a need at all. Either way the need areas should be adressed one way or the other. I have had the impression that thompson wanted favre to retire sooner than later since he has taken over. Which is a silly mistake on his part. Thompson really hasnt adressed the offense much at all since he has been here, but probably will when Favre does retire(slap!). It almost seems he wants the team to be about himself his legacy and his players rather than the success of the present packers team, although im not convinced of that. When the opportunities have presented themself with some free agents this year and last to give this present team a chance to win he has not acted. Money hasnt been an issue these last 2 years. There can certainly be a case for more of a lose now mentality rather than the reverse. I cant help but see blown opportunities to provide a franchise type QB play makers on offense, I think Favre see's this to. The odds of replacing a QB for any franchise at the first attempt is well documented and not good. Im sorry but saying there has been nobody in free agency that will improve the quality of our receivers, tight end or even running back the last 3 years just wont fly for me. Not that I thought Sherman was better than T.T. at filling holes on the team or was a better GM , but at least he tried to win by making some moves. Thompson is better by far and has the team headed in the right direction, but hasnt been close to showing a win now approach. It has been lose now win later in the eyes of many observers.

umphrey
05-13-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm going to say this for the last time.
Stop saying we should have done something in FA.
Either make a case for who we should have signed, or stop complaining.

Football Fan
05-13-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm going to say this for the last time.
Stop saying we should have done something in FA.
Either make a case for who we should have signed, or stop complaining.
Mr. Ted Thompson sheeple dude:
The case has been made many times for Moss and he was the most important of the free agents available, Favre could tell you that and has. I could name several others such as keyshawn Johnson but why? Its been done already by several others and there will just be some blithering nonsense written about why this player or that player doesnt help the team or that guy wouldnt play for the packers (which is nothing but bargaining talk) all in the name of some rediculous hero worship from the management does no wrong crowd.

bearsfan_51
05-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Pick a tight end. They could have signed someone, anyone, and it would have been an upgrade.

Hell just keeping David Martin would have been big.

neko4
05-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I just read on the NFL Network bottom line that Rodgers is hurt and Ingle will get the majority of the 1st team time. So that means Babb at 2nd team too

Football Fan
05-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Pick a tight end. They could have signed someone, anyone, and it would have been an upgrade.

Hell just keeping David Martin would have been big.McMichael of miami would have been fine he has a history of scoring in the red zone and despite him having a down year it would have been a cheap upgrade or even Graham from NE, the cost wasnt even an issue and the need very high. Its like I said there is more of a lose now maybe win later strategy and a lot of fans like myself find themselves dubious of that kind of scheme. It just comes off as crap.

umphrey
05-14-2007, 12:50 AM
The case has been made many times for Moss and he was the most important of the free agents available, Favre could tell you that and has. I could name several others such as keyshawn Johnson but why, there will just be some blithering nonsense written about why this player or that player doesnt help the team or that guy wouldnt play for the packers(which is nothing but bargaining talk) all in the name of some rediculous hero worship from the management does no wrong crowd.

By blithering nonsense do you mean actual discussion?
Who is this hero you speak of, that I am supposedly worshiping?

I would actually agree that we should have signed a TE, but I'm not calling for people's jobs because we didn't sign an above average player to replace a mediocre one at a low priority position.

johbur
05-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Could have tried to bring in the following players with the remaining $16 M+ in cap space:

At WR: Randy Moss, Keyshawn Johnson or even Kevin Curtis. Randy would have been a starter, allowing Jennings to add serious punch at the #3 spot. Keyshawn a #3 that caught 70 passes last year and Curtis a solid #4, with #3 potential. He had 60 catches and 6 TDs two years ago, 40 TDs and 4 TDs last year. Daryl Jackson and Wes Welker were had through trades, also. Joe Horn also was out there.

At TE: Keeping Martin would NOT have been big. It would have been another wasted year waiting for his supposed talent to overcome his propensity for injuries and waiting for production. There were a couple decent FA TEs this year: Randy McMichael, Eric Johnson and Daniel Graham. I like McMichael the most out of them, but Eric Johnson a proven player in the past. There was a lot of talk about Graham, but his production doesn't even match Franks. In this area, I did like picking up Clark Harris, though we could have had any of the TEs in this draft and I preferred Greg Olsen. If the team thinks Franks will rebound now that he's not going to be kept in as an extra OT, and they think Lee will be better and Humphrey can compete, maybe it won't be too bad. But the TE play was terrible last year, enough that it cost games. No third down production and no red-zone production from the TEs bad enough, but they were so bad no LB or safety covered them and they were able to cover DD or Jennings instead.

FB: Maybe they like Miree, but I thought Justin Griffith would have been a very good player for the Packers. He would have been a damn site better than projecting a kid at FB that last played the position in HS. I actually like Hall more as a LB, as he was his conference's Defensive Player of the Year. Ovie Mughelli maybe not the type of FB the Packers are looking for. This position so weak, 3 wide-out sets with Holliday, Brewster and Martin look like an attractive option. Only saving grace might be Wynn here.

SS: Maybe having Manuel not be the answer last year scared TT off of getting one of these guys this year. Rouse a solid draft pick. Underwood might come back from injury, Culver looked OK last year. Bryan Scott about out there, and he was hurt last year. Kevin Kaesviharn had 6 picks and four sacks last year, might have been worth bringing in for a look. Michael Lewis and Deon Grant also worth a look.

CB: Clements got stupid money. Nick Harper would have been a solid option though, and we could have given a better contract than Tennessee. Tyrone Carter also a good option. Roderick Hood switched teams, though he was hurt last year. Maybe those guys wouldn't come to be the nickel back. Frank Walker the only pick-up form another team so far. We'll see if he's going to make the team, or if he's just like those two dead-beat OG's TT brought in 2005. His stats and starts compared to even the mediocre CBs trading teams is weak. Having UDFAs at the 3rd and 4th CB in the nickel package cost the Packers games last year. That meant cost the Packers the playoffs. Maybe Blackmon the cure, but the UDFA guys were not the cure.

There, a number of FA/Trade options at various weak areas for the Packers. TT going thought the draft this year might turn out to be the best thing, but I loved the Woodson and Pickett acquisitions last year and would have liked to have seen a little activity and getting some offensive players to help with third down conversions and in the red zone. Rookies cannot be relied upon for offensive support.

M1Koter
05-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Thompson really hasnt adressed the offense much at all since he has been here, but probably will when Favre does retire

2 2nd round WR's, resigning DD, drafting a QB of the future, resinging Ahman last year then drafting a 2nd round rb this year, building an iterior line with talent that fits the system and also having depth, resigning Wells, resigning Franks, yeah he really hasn't done much

M1Koter
05-14-2007, 07:10 AM
I just read on the NFL Network bottom line that Rodgers is hurt and Ingle will get the majority of the 1st team time. So that means Babb at 2nd team too

this is old news, ingle is running mini-camps

Football Fan
05-14-2007, 10:53 AM
2 2nd round WR's, resigning DD, drafting a QB of the future, resinging Ahman last year then drafting a 2nd round rb this year, building an iterior line with talent that fits the system and also having depth, resigning Wells, resigning Franks, yeah he really hasn't done muchThis is not win now stuff, this is a mixture of more of the same with rookies added for the intent of winning down the road. Basically the lose now strategy I have stated.

Football Fan
05-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Could have tried to bring in the following players with the remaining $16 M+ in cap space:

At WR: Randy Moss, Keyshawn Johnson or even Kevin Curtis. Randy would have been a starter, allowing Jennings to add serious punch at the #3 spot. Keyshawn a #3 that caught 70 passes last year and Curtis a solid #4, with #3 potential. He had 60 catches and 6 TDs two years ago, 40 TDs and 4 TDs last year. Daryl Jackson and Wes Welker were had through trades, also. Joe Horn also was out there.

At TE: Keeping Martin would NOT have been big. It would have been another wasted year waiting for his supposed talent to overcome his propensity for injuries and waiting for production. There were a couple decent FA TEs this year: Randy McMichael, Eric Johnson and Daniel Graham. I like McMichael the most out of them, but Eric Johnson a proven player in the past. There was a lot of talk about Gragham, but his production doesn't even match Franks. In this area, I did like picking up Clark Harris, though we could have had any of the TEs in this draft and I preferred Greg Olsen. If the team thinks Franks will rebound now that he's not going to be kept in as an extra OT, and they think Lee will be better and Humphrey can compete, maybe it won't be too bad. But the TE play was terrible last year, enough that it cost games. No third down production and no red-zone production from the TEs bad enough, but hey were so bad no LB or safety covered them and they were able to cover DD or Jennings instead.

FB: Maybe they like Miree, but I thought Justin Griffith would have been a very good player for the Packers. He would have been a damn sitre better than projecting a kid at FB that last played the position at FB. I actually like Hall more as a LB, as he was his conference's Defensive Player of the Year. Ovie Mughelli maybe not the type of FB the Packers are looking for. This position so weak, 3 wide-out sets with Holliday, Brewster and Martin look like an attractive option.

SS: Maybe having Manuel not be the answer last year scared TT off of getting one of these guys this year. Rouse a solid draft pick. Underwood might come back from injury, Culver looked OK last year. Bryan Scott about out there, and he was hurt last year. Kevin Kaesviharn had 6 picks and four sacks last year, might have been worth bringing in for a look. Michael Lewis and Deon Grant also worth a look.

CB: Clements got stupid money. Nick Harper would have been a solid option though, and we could have given a better contract than Tennessee. Tyrone Carter also a good option. Roderick Hood switched teams, though he was hurt last year. Maybe those guys wouldn't come to be the nickel back. Frank Walker the only pick-up form another team so far. We'll see if he's going to make the team, or if he's just like those two dead-beat OG's TT brought in 2005. His stats and starts compared to even the mediocre CBs trading teams is weak. Having UDFAs at the 3rd and 4th CB in the nickel package cost the Packers games last year. That meant cost the Packers the playoffs. Maybe Blackmon the cure, but the UDFA guys were not the cure.

There, a number of FA/Trade options at various weak areas for the Packers. TT going thought the draft this year might turn out to be the best thing, but I loved the Woodson and Pickett acquisitions last year and would have liked to have seen a little activity and getting some offensive players to help with third down conversions and in the red zone. Rookies cannot be relied upon for offensive support.Nice write up, im glad you took the time to do it. Sorting through months of past history gets to be a royal pain especially after much of this type of analysis has been written about multiple times by yourself and others.

You are one of the few people that has been willing to point out areas where management could do a better job. Without following up your dissagreement with the now overdone cliche "oh well, Thompson knows what he's doing".

Football Fan
05-14-2007, 11:22 AM
By blithering nonsense do you mean actual discussion?
Who is this hero you speak of, that I am supposedly worshiping?

I would actually agree that we should have signed a TE, but I'm not calling for people's jobs because we didn't sign an above average player to replace a mediocre one at a low priority position.
Eh, I didnt call for anyones job, this is what I wrote on that subject the other day " Thompson has displayed great skills as a scout and talent evaluator,we know this (it might be the job he is meant to have), but ive seen plenty of evidence to question his general management skill. Im not calling for his head (its to early to make that kind of judgement),but forums are for dicussing the team. That includes questioning moves and celebrating them. Thompson has created reasons for both.
People cant just make comments like "were fans not professionals" thats just lame. There would be no point in anyone commenting on these web sites. By that rationale people couldnt even question moves made by Detroits gm Matt Millen and that would take tremendous patience by the most diehard detroit lion homer fan on the planet."

I have written in multiple statements about the good he has done for the team, but I wont be limited to that alone. sorry.
The hero worship comment ive been making is a reference to people on the packer forum that get all bent out of shape at the mention of a critical point of view on some management decisions.
The blithering nonsense is a reference to the attempted justification by the "management can do no wrong crowd" of the the viewed mistakes many fans point out by green bay management, mainly Ted Thompson (their flawless hero).

I realise this comes off as insulting, its really not meant to be. I just think it needs to be said. We all want the same results at the end of the day and thats Green bay winning football games.

My main beef with Thompson is his refusal to bring in real help for Favre this year or last (whats good for Favre is good for the team, trust me) and the lose now mentality. The weapons on the team have been less than adequate. For me not making a real effort to bring in Moss was simply the icing on the cake. I mean come on, if not Moss any of the players mentioned by Johbur that were available this year would have contributed to wins this year. I dont even want to review the players available last year. Rookies are nice, but there down the road players and thompson has been superb at providing that.

M1Koter
05-14-2007, 12:27 PM

At TE: Keeping Martin would NOT have been big. It would have been another wasted year waiting for his supposed talent to overcome his propensity for injuries and waiting for production. There were a couple decent FA TEs this year: Randy McMichael, Eric Johnson and Daniel Graham. I like McMichael the most out of them, but Eric Johnson a proven player in the past. There was a lot of talk about Gragham, but his production doesn't even match Franks. In this area, I did like picking up Clark Harris, though we could have had any of the TEs in this draft and I preferred Greg Olsen. If the team thinks Franks will rebound now that he's not going to be kept in as an extra OT, and they think Lee will be better and Humphrey can compete, maybe it won't be too bad. But the TE play was terrible last year, enough that it cost games. No third down production and no red-zone production from the TEs bad enough, but hey were so bad no LB or safety covered them and they were able to cover DD or Jennings instead.

FB: Maybe they like Miree, but I thought Justin Griffith would have been a very good player for the Packers. He would have been a damn sitre better than projecting a kid at FB that last played the position at FB. I actually like Hall more as a LB, as he was his conference's Defensive Player of the Year. Ovie Mughelli maybe not the type of FB the Packers are looking for. This position so weak, 3 wide-out sets with Holliday, Brewster and Martin look like an attractive option.

There, a number of FA/Trade options at various weak areas for the Packers. TT going thought the draft this year might turn out to be the best thing, but I loved the Woodson and Pickett acquisitions last year and would have liked to have seen a little activity and getting some offensive players to help with third down conversions and in the red zone. Rookies cannot be relied upon for offensive support.

WR, Johnson, didn't want to come to the packers, Curtis doesn't fit the WCO.
TE: The only guy worth even considering was McMichael, and he's not the player he was, Olson would have been a huge reach and not anywhere near the value of the #16 pick, plus it's TE, a postition thats not all that important.
FB: Another position that isn't very important, Miree has experince in the system and fits the system. As for Griffith, we made an offer to him but he liked oakland more.
SS: Kevin whatever, Grant and Lewis are not better players than manuel or Underwood is.
CB: Who would want to be signed just to be a backup. I consider the CB position covered.
I really don't think we missed out on anything other than Griffith, and I hated moss and didn't want him to become a packers so I am satified with this offseason

M1Koter
05-14-2007, 12:35 PM
My main beef with Thompson is his refusal to bring in real help for Favre this year or last (whats good for Favre is good for the team, trust me) and the lose now mentality. The weapons on the team have been less than adequate. For me not making a real effort to bring in Moss was simply the icing on the cake. I mean come on, if not Moss any of the players mentioned by Johbur that were available this year would have contributed to wins this year. I dont even want to review the players available last year. Rookies are nice, but there down the road players and thompson has been superb at providing those.

since when are we trying to lose now? If we had that TT would have traded farve away for future picks and we would have never resigned guys like DD, Kapman and Harris, I understand where yor coming from but really, there wasn't anybody worth picking up in FA other than Griffith, who perfered Oakland

Jim Jim
05-14-2007, 01:12 PM
I think we're set at WR. We have a lot of talent that can make plays, they're just young. James Jones, from all the film I've watched, can catch and reminds me of a Donald Driver clone. He's got shifty moves and makes up for his speed with his football intelligence.

David Clowney will be our deep threat. He'll be able to go deep, keeping safeties back and opening the running game as well. He won't always have to be the main guy who has to go deep and catch the ball, his prescene may just keep safeties out of the box. He has that type of deep speed.

We still have Koren Robinson in our back pocket in the midst of the season. He's been staying in shape and could be a good weapon for us. If not? We really don't have anything to lose. It's just a plus.

As for Running Back, ZBS schemes don't need great running backs to work well. Noah Herron had a hundred yard game when he started. With another year of experience and the line geling even more, Morency and Jackson will be able to get us a lot of yards. Jackson thrives in the ZBS and knows when to make those cuts. Morency, who I thought played great in his playing time and ran the ball harder than Green, will do better with more of a load put on his shoulders. If Wyn can make the team and show he wants to play, he definitely has all the talent to be a bruising back.

As for FB, I think Miree did well last season.

I love the Aaron Rouse pick. I think it will be a steal. He has all the tools to be an intimidating strong safety. His coverage skills aren't horrendous, but they aren't great either. I think he can develop those because he has the physical skills. You can't teach height and speed. He'll give our D a nasty attitude that it needs.

I really can't talk about Underwood, and neither can anybody else really, because I only read reports. I didn't actually get to see him play at all. Sometimes reports are quick to praise.

I can see why Brett is touchy, but we have a lot of young players that are good locker room guys. I'd rather have a lot of young, dedicated and hungry guys than a few veterans that are just looking to make their money and split.

ds8582
05-14-2007, 01:28 PM
A little off topic but does anyone know where I can find that picture of McCarthy with his daughter.

Football Fan
05-14-2007, 02:13 PM
since when are we trying to lose now? If we had that TT would have traded farve away for future picks and we would have never resigned guys like DD, Kapman and Harris, I understand where yor coming from but really, there wasn't anybody worth picking up in FA other than Griffith, who perfered Oakland
In reference to your recent posts, I think we can agree to dissagree.

M1Koter
05-14-2007, 03:07 PM
In reference to your recent posts, I think we can agree to dissagree.

fair enough

umphrey
05-14-2007, 03:59 PM
True, I get angry at people who come on this board and say things like "we need more FAs!!! Sign a big name guy and that's all we need, Favre will take us to the superbowl!" They write tend to write long, thoughtless posts where they complain and complain that 'something' didn't happen when they don't even say what the 'something' is (or they are really vague about it).

And it's not like it only happens on forums, I've read countless articles from known journalists that spout the same kind of green and gold colored garbage and get people to buy into it.

I think TT has done a pretty good job, he's done a few things that really annoy me and a lot of things I like. I will hold out my negativity, because all the guys he brought in are still really young and we don't know if they are for real or not. He hasn't made any big moves that I don't like either, so I give him a pretty high grade so far, but in pencil...

This team doesn't revolve around Brett Favre anymore, it isn't good managerial decisions to build a team around a player that is going to be around for another year or 2 max, and at this point in his career, isn't an elite player anymore.

To be frank about it, Favre has really pissed me off the last year or so, with his drama queen ego. He seems to love milking out his decision on retirement so everyone can tell him how great he is. Every time there is a debatable topic in Packerland, Favre seems to have to tell the media everything he thinks about it and tries to influence management all the time, like he thinks he's so good at quarterbacking that makes him a good GM and coach too. Not to mention that he was asking to get traded recently, what a joke that was. How dedicated are you to a team if you ask for a trade because we didn't acquire a very risky FA, even though we did make offers... (we're never really going to know why Moss went to NE instead of GB)

ny10804
05-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Just thought of something pretty funny: imagine if TT were to sign Sam Adams instead of Keyshawn Johnson? That would elicit hilarious public sentiment.

neko4
05-14-2007, 04:50 PM
I dont even knnow what to think anymore. Whenever I see someone praising TT, I get mad. When someone bashes him, I get mad. Tho I still get mad whenever someone says Favre is moving.

someone447
05-14-2007, 08:04 PM

No, because if he would have traded Favre away he wouldn't have a job. Fortunately, fans do matter in the NFL, if the fans are unhappy, someone's head is rolling, it is a business after all.

We sure aren't trying to sign people to help us win. There wasn't a receiver out there better than Ruvell Martin? A TE better than Franks? A safety better than Manual? We had 16 million in cap room, we could have signed upgrades without mortgaging the future.

M1Koter
05-14-2007, 08:34 PM
No, because if he would have traded Favre away he wouldn't have a job. Fortunately, fans do matter in the NFL, if the fans are unhappy, someone's head is rolling, it is a business after all.

We sure aren't trying to sign people to help us win. There wasn't a receiver out there better than Ruvell Martin? A TE better than Franks? A safety better than Manual? We had 16 million in cap room, we could have signed upgrades without mortgaging the future.

Ruvell is going to be a #4-5 WR, and for the money no WR was worth picking up, plus who would want to sign to be a backup? we have two quality starters. McMicheal is the only TE hardly any better than Franks and is not the player he once was, If you consider grant and Lewis better than Manuel I guess but I don't consider them better players and remind you, underwood was having an excellent camp until he got hurt and it was pretty much assumed by everyone that he would have eventually started over him. Just because we have money doesn't mean we have to spend it, what if there is a good FA that can really help us next year and we spent it on worthless players, then what,? This FA was dry.

someone447
05-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Ruvell is going to be a #4-5 WR, and for the money no WR was worth picking up, plus who would want to sign to be a backup? we have two quality starters. McMicheal is the only TE hardly any better than Franks and is not the player he once was, If you consider grant and Lewis better than Manuel I guess but I don't consider them better players and remind you, underwood was having an excellent camp until he got hurt and it was pretty much assumed by everyone that he would have eventually started over him. Just because we have money doesn't mean we have to spend it, what if there is a good FA that can really help us next year and we spent it on worthless players, then what,? This FA was dry.

Then we are in the same position we are in now, but we took a risk. Who knows, maybe it would pan out.

Football Fan
05-15-2007, 01:56 AM
True, I get angry at people who come on this board and say things like "we need more FAs!!! Sign a big name guy and that's all we need, Favre will take us to the superbowl!" They write tend to write long, thoughtless posts where they complain and complain that 'something' didn't happen when they don't even say what the 'something' is (or they are really vague about it).

And it's not like it only happens on forums, I've read countless articles from known journalists that spout the same kind of green and gold colored garbage and get people to buy into it.

I think TT has done a pretty good job, he's done a few things that really annoy me and a lot of things I like. I will hold out my negativity, because all the guys he brought in are still really young and we don't know if they are for real or not. He hasn't made any big moves that I don't like either, so I give him a pretty high grade so far, but in pencil...

This team doesn't revolve around Brett Favre anymore, it isn't good managerial decisions to build a team around a player that is going to be around for another year or 2 max, and at this point in his career, isn't an elite player anymore.

To be frank about it, Favre has really pissed me off the last year or so, with his drama queen ego. He seems to love milking out his decision on retirement so everyone can tell him how great he is. Every time there is a debatable topic in Packerland, Favre seems to have to tell the media everything he thinks about it and tries to influence management all the time, like he thinks he's so good at quarterbacking that makes him a good GM and coach too. Not to mention that he was asking to get traded recently, what a joke that was. How dedicated are you to a team if you ask for a trade because we didn't acquire a very risky FA, even though we did make offers... (we're never really going to know why Moss went to NE instead of GB)Actually I remember reading and hearing that management does value Favres opinion and has encouraged him to share those thoughts with them. For damn good reasons to, he has played in the league for 16 years and is one of the all time best at the most important position in the game. He might actually have some valuable insight. He certainly has earned the right to be involved. Maybe your just to young to realize this. Have you a clue what he brought to this team with how successful he has been? He put Green Bay back on the map after countless horrid years and has made the team a fortune. You actually think another qb just walks in and plays quarterback in this league? We will be lucky if the packers have more success than the bears finding a QB. Letting a guy like favre go to waste without giving him the weapons to use his rare ability is nonsense. How many hall of fame offensive players has he had in the last 16 years? Manning had harrison, Montana had rice, taylor and Rodger craig, Aikman had Emmit Smith, Michael Irvin and an awesome offensive line, Elway had Terell Davis, and Rod Smith and won 2 superbowls at age 37 and 38, he could have continued to play but he retired after winning consecutive SBs.
Favres request was a minor one, bring in Moss for 2 years. Do you actually believe Thompson couldnt have gotten Moss? Are you from mars or something? He had 10 times the ammunition and likely could have gotten him for less than NE if he didnt drag his rear end like he does during every free agency period. As for the risk involved, thats just plain idiotic. There was none. Favre should be pissed, he has given this team everything he has, never missed a damn game in his entire career, he is mostly responsible for making the packers tied for the most winning team since 1993 along with Denver
Face it Thompson isnt perfect, he screwed up and should be criticized for it. Its not hard, give it a try. Hell, I have no problem stating it when he makes a good move. I can name several.

You act as though Favre has no right to give his input?
You think retirement for him is a simple decision?
You question this mans dedication????
You insult at least half of packer fans by dismissing there bafflement of a lack of action in free agency. Perhaps people dont want to surrender multiple seasons in the name of potential success down the road without a proven quarterback. A huge amount of people dont feel its neccesary. Its a perfectly legitimate concern. You act like everyone that disagrees with that kind of philosophy are just stupid and havent given the situation any thought. That is one hell of an assumption.
You act like not questioning some of the decisions Thompson somehow makes you a better and more knowledgable fan. I think the opposite could be true.
Are you 12 years old or what?

The way you make light of Favre and his accompishments by your words and just critisized him is pathetic. Just plain sad and shows you dont have the mental capacity to put things into historical perspective. I could see this comming from someone that has always hated the packers, but not from someone that enjoys their success. It really says somethiing about yourself.
Im going to have to try to stop repying to your mindless ignorance.

M1Koter
05-15-2007, 06:59 AM
so lets just summurize everything, you think it was a mistake that we didn't get moss, and everyone else arguing against you thinks not getting Moss was not a mistake, and BTW, do you even know what the definition of ignorance is, please I'll save you the trip of Dictionary.com, -basing an argument on something that the opposition cannot prove wrong, pretty much your also making an ignorant argument also

Jim Jim
05-15-2007, 08:55 AM
so lets just summurize everything, you think it was a mistake that we didn't get moss, and everyone else arguing against you thinks not getting Moss was not a mistake, and BTW, do you even know what the definition of ignorance is, please I'll save you the trip of Dictionary.com, -basing an argument on something that the opposition cannot prove wrong, pretty much your also making an ignorant argument also

There's nothing about his argument that's been ignorant. He has every right to have a different opinion than you do. It doesn't make somebody ignorant when they disagree with you.

Football Fan
05-15-2007, 01:54 PM
32nd in the league with dropped passes. Think about that.
Hell, Thompsons mentor Ron wolf has even come out and said 2 or 3 years ago that management is surrounding a hall of fame quarterback with nfl europe level players on offense. How has that changed since he made that statement?
Favre has made it very clear he needed help on offense.
I suppose they are just ignorant to?

M1Koter
05-15-2007, 07:21 PM
There's nothing about his argument that's been ignorant. He has every right to have a different opinion than you do. It doesn't make somebody ignorant when they disagree with you.

you misunderstood, he was calling someone else ignorant so I was saying if Football Fan thinks that guy is ignorant than so is he

The Legend
05-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Favre 7 Tds Away Form The Record
So Wheres It Gonna Happen
I Think We All Say Before The Bye Week

Sep 9 Philadelphia 1:00pm - 2 Tds
Sep 16 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm - 1 Tds
Sep 23 San Diego 1:00pm - 1 Tds
Sep 30 @Minnesota 1:00pm - 3 Tds
Oct 7 Chicago 8:15pm
Oct 14 Washington 1:00pm

Bold Your Vote

GB12
05-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Favre 7 Tds Away Form The Record
So Wheres It Gonna Happen
I Think We All Say Before The Bye Week

Sep 9 Philadelphia 1:00pm
Sep 16 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm
Sep 23 San Diego 1:00pm
Sep 30 @Minnesota 1:00pm
Oct 7 Chicago 8:15pm
Oct 14 Washington 1:00pm

Bold Your Vote

I think Chicago is when it happens. Pretty good time for it too, prime time game against the biggest rival.

Sportsfan486
05-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Uh-oh, don't tell me it's more Favre drama already..
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2871803

When is this going to start affecting the locker room? If he misses camp without permission, I mean, these people are expecting him to lead them.

The Legend
05-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Uh-oh, don't tell me it's more Favre drama already..
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2871803

When is this going to start affecting the locker room? If he misses camp without permission, I mean, these people are expecting him to lead them.

yeah there just trying to make something out of nothing

GB12
05-15-2007, 10:43 PM
That's nothing to worry about.

Sportsfan486
05-15-2007, 11:04 PM
That's nothing to worry about.

But I'm scared, man... I'M SCARED!!!!!

lol

Hey, I'm calling this early but write down TE as our #1 pick next year. It's going to be a deep class for top-tier pass catching TEs, I've got 3 with first round grades right now and potentially as many as 5. Obviously it's going to be up there with WR and CB as our top need and while I really like the corner depth next year, too, I think our O needs the focus in the draft and I'm wholey unimpressed with the WR class at this point except for DeSean Jackson if he bulks up.

The Legend
05-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Well Here You Go

1st Round : Steve Slaton | Running Back | West Virginia | Height 5-10 | Weight 210 | 40 Time 4.39

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2006-10/25901741.jpg

2005 Attemps 200 Yards 1150 Avg 5.5 Touchdowns 17
2006 Attemps 250 Yards 1750 Avg 7.5 Touchdowns 16

http://www.steveslaton.org/steve-slaton-videos.php

2nd Round : Dwight Lowery | Corner Back | San Jose State | Height 6-1 | Weight 190 | 40 Time 4.35

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/3646-1/LoweryD.jpg

2006 Tackles 50 Interceptions 9 Yards 120 Fumble Recovery 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6DhBqkXt0 (Warning : Full Game)

3rd Round : Marcus Monk | Wide Outs / Thight End| Arkansas | Height 6-7 | Weight 230 | 40 Time 4.5

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2006-12/26704259.jpg

2006 Receptions 50 Touchdowns 11 Yards 750 (With The Worst QB)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OvGi3NSJUuE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TWugld7QR8s

Sportsfan486
05-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Uhh?

Why would we draft Slaton?

Football Fan
05-16-2007, 01:42 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=605987
A case of win today vs. win in the future. Basically what ive been saying.
It can cause quite a heated debate.

Football Fan
05-16-2007, 01:49 AM
you misunderstood, he was calling someone else ignorant so I was saying if Football Fan thinks that guy is ignorant than so is he
Eh, the man questioned favre's dedication. The guy that never missed a game his entire career, something done by nobody. When the packers are brought up in conversation out of wisconsin (or in) even in some foreign countries, people think Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers.

It was blunt, but justified.

umphrey
05-16-2007, 02:40 AM
We are definitely building for the future, but I don't get how you think management is trying to lose, like they think it's funny to screw Favre or something.

It's just stupid to try to take an 8-8 team and try to push it to the superbowl in 1 year, by building it around a 37 year old QB. We are adding lots of good players, but it seems like everyone is pissed because we aren't paying the 10 mil a year that this year's FAs are getting, when there were very few that would have fit the offense and helped the team all that much.

My take on our WR core:

Driver: Pro bowler, or close. Makes no sense trying to replace him.
Jennings: Promising young player, did alright at #2 last year even considering injury, and will only improve. Can't see why people want to demote him.
Robinson: As a receiver, one of the best #3s in the league. Would be a #1 without character issues.
Jones/Clowney/Martin/Holiday have a good mix of potential and consistency as depth.

Football Fan
05-16-2007, 04:11 AM
We are definitely building for the future, but I don't get how you think management is trying to lose, like they think it's funny to screw Favre or something.

It's just stupid to try to take an 8-8 team and try to push it to the superbowl in 1 year, by building it around a 37 year old QB. We are adding lots of good players, but it seems like everyone is pissed because we aren't paying the 10 mil a year that this year's FAs are getting, when there were very few that would have fit the offense and helped the team all that much.

My take on our WR core:

Driver: Pro bowler, or close. Makes no sense trying to replace him.
Jennings: Promising young player, did alright at #2 last year even considering injury, and will only improve. Can't see why people want to demote him.
Robinson: As a receiver, one of the best #3s in the league. Would be a #1 without character issues.
Jones/Clowney/Martin/Holiday have a good mix of potential and consistency as depth.
You may not like the sound of lose now win later, but it is what it is. Aquiring a couple veteran free agents for some quick fixes is almost always a sign of planning to win this year. Its pretty clear that Thompson is working on a 5 year plan kinda thing (the length of his contract, this is his 3rd year) and thats somewhat shaky considering we wont have a proven quarterback, they just dont grow on trees. Most sb teams have one. Grossman was probably the bears biggest problem last year and how long have they been looking for a QB?
Did you think New Orleans would be 1 game away from the superbowl last year with their record the previous season? The packers should have beat them, they did soundly beat the bears (a sb team), although the game basically meant nothing for chicago. The pack also was very close to winning 2 or 3 more games last year, but thats "shoulda woulda coulda talk".
The NFC is up for grabs again this year, with 1 or 2 teams holding an edge. Its not like the AFC. It wasnt out of the realm of possibility for the packers to have had a chance this year, but the team needed some veteran offensive help, rookies just wont cut it. I dont think anyone wants to run down the list of options again. That has been debated heavily already.

As far as Favre is concerned:
If Thompsons plans didnt include Favre, he should have been a man about it and told him. Something like thanks for all you have done for greenbay, but were going into rebuilding mode and we wont be needing you or offered to let him stay but been straight with him. To the best of my knowledge though, Thompson has publicly denied being in rebuilding mode. By beating around the bush about it, Favre has wasted the last 3-5 years of his career. He could have went to another team that was making a run at the sb. Maybe he would have found himself in New Orleans close to his home.
Instead Favre is getting pissed off, because Thompson wont bring some weapons in for him and we get all this media drama.
Personally I think Favre could have made his last run at it in greenbay. Which is probably what most of the fans wanted, but its apparent that isnt the stategy.

M1Koter
05-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Do you think by signing moss We'll win a SB? ah no, and there wasn't anybody else that would have helped us all that much, we've been over this were all arguing the same points we've been arguing, I mean come on, the best FA avaible was a FB, there was nobody that would help us

jackalope
05-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Well Here You Go

1st Round : Steve Slaton | Running Back | West Virginia | Height 5-10 | Weight 210 | 40 Time 4.39I find it odd that you have Brandon Jackson in your sig, but give us a 1st round running back.

Sportsfan486
05-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Do you think by signing moss We'll win a SB? ah no, and there wasn't anybody else that would have helped us all that much, we've been over this were all arguing the same points we've been arguing, I mean come on, the best FA avaible was a FB, there was nobody that would help us

I have to agree here.

Look at Randy Moss' stats from last year. Try not to faint. He's not the guy he was in his youth, he's over 30 now and was predominatly a speed receiver with mad leaping ability. He doesn't have that same athletic ability anymore and he never developed the football savy to produce in other ways.

Besides that, who could we have picked up that would have helped us win this year? What we needed was a TE and we were unable to pull the trigger on any.

umphrey
05-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Agreed, I really wanted Griffith and I'm still really disappointed we didn't get him. The TE FA crop was pretty weak this year and I'm glad we didn't sign one, but I wish we had drafted one earlier than the 7th round.

Sportsfan486
05-16-2007, 11:06 AM
Agreed, I really wanted Griffith and I'm still really disappointed we didn't get him. The TE FA crop was pretty weak this year and I'm glad we didn't sign one, but I wish we had drafted one earlier than the 7th round.

Yeah, we had a few chances at Ben Patrick from Delaware and I was disappointed when we didn't take him. Otherwise Miller and Olsen were the only ones around and I prefer the 1st and 2nd round picks we got over either of them.

We'll see, maybe Franks decides to play football again.

M1Koter
05-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah, we had a few chances at Ben Patrick from Delaware and I was disappointed when we didn't take him. Otherwise Miller and Olsen were the only ones around and I prefer the 1st and 2nd round picks we got over either of them.

We'll see, maybe Franks decides to play football again.

There must have been something wrong with Ben Patrick that non of us saw, it's no like were the only team that passed on him, he went 7th round, which was suprising cause after day 1 I was shocked to see him still on the board, I wanted him to become a packer but it didn't quite work out

Smokey
05-16-2007, 11:46 AM
What do you gents think of signing Tony Parrish to a short, minimum contract? He's been injured but is a hard worker, character guy, and only a couple of years removed from pro bowl level numbers.

umphrey
05-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Zac Alcorn is supposed to be a freak at TE for us...6'4" 255lbs, 4.6 40, so he could come out of no where to start for us but I hope we're not relying on him...

M1Koter
05-16-2007, 01:45 PM
What do you gents think of signing Tony Parrish to a short, minimum contract? He's been injured but is a hard worker, character guy, and only a couple of years removed from pro bowl level numbers.

I didn't even he was avaible, I'd be all for it but I don't know if TT is any interested

umphrey
05-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Wow I'm bored...I moved all my stuff out of my dorm except my laptop and most everyone went home, except for me, because I have 1 late final to take.

Anyway I don't think Parrish fits - first I'd consider him old and washed up but even if that isn't so we only keep 2 SS and I want to see Rouse compete for the starting spot, keeping Manuel around if he can't cut it.

Smokey
05-16-2007, 02:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/070516&sportCat=nfl

This chick is a striaght up idiot, comparing Favre to TO & Moss. How the hell did she ever get a job at ESPN, even if it is Page 2?

someone447
05-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Wow, him not wanting to go to minicamps because it would interfere with his daughters graduation sure is selfish...

Smokey
05-16-2007, 02:53 PM
I didn't even he was avaible, I'd be all for it but I don't know if TT is any interested

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2867289

Included in Pasquerelli's tip sheet. He'd certainly be worth bringing in. He was one of the top safeties in the league not long ago.

M1Koter
05-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Wow I'm bored...I moved all my stuff out of my dorm except my laptop and most everyone went home, except for me, because I have 1 late final to take.

Anyway I don't think Parrish fits - first I'd consider him old and washed up but even if that isn't so we only keep 2 SS and I want to see Rouse compete for the starting spot, keeping Manuel around if he can't cut it.

good point, it's kinda a waste of money to keep bringing to keep throwing guys at a position and hopeing one works out

bearsfan_51
05-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Tony Parrish is completely washed up. He's been cut twice in the last year and nobody has signed him yet. That should tell you something.

JF4
05-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Tony Parrish is completely washed up. He's been cut twice in the last year and nobody has signed him yet. That should tell you something.

I agree, he's kind of in the same boat as Micheal Lewis but older. I would really have no interest in signing him unless it were to be for him to help out the younger players in the secondary.

jackalope
05-16-2007, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't really consider Parrish. I can't see him being an improvement over our current safetys, and I think he was beaten out by Mark Roman when he was with the 49ers.

PACKmanN
05-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Does anyone know if Reggie Williams or Ernest Wilford will be free agents next season? i think they can great red zone targets for us.

GB12
05-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Now Favre will report to mini camp.

Boston
05-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Now Favre will report to mini camp.

Really? fdsgsdgds

GB12
05-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Really? fdsgsdgds

Heard it on SportsCenter.

johbur
05-16-2007, 09:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2872883

Brett knows what the right thing to do is. If his receivers don't lead the league in dropped passes, then it will be apparent that he's still got what it takes.

TitleTown088
05-16-2007, 09:18 PM
http://harcarphotography.com/featured.html

A.J. hawk wedding pics.

Moses
05-17-2007, 12:39 AM
http://harcarphotography.com/featured.html

A.J. hawk wedding pics.

That's great. Quinn seems like a goofball.

GB12
05-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Jackson to not attend mini camp.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2873643
Apparently the collective bargaining agreement prevents him from going.

princefielder28
05-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Jackson to not attend mini camp.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2873643
Apparently the collective bargaining agreement prevents him from going.

I saw that too, it's different

someone447
05-17-2007, 02:32 PM
I saw that too, it's different

That is ******* ridiculous...

Sportsfan486
05-17-2007, 02:35 PM
That is ******* ridiculous...

Yeah, that's pretty messed up.

GB12
05-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Not that I expected it to ever happen, but signing Keyshawn is pretty much a definite no now. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2873760 If the Titans go down that road, Johnson told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley, he's looking for a commitment beyond just the 2007 season and that it would have to make financial sense to him. "I don't need to do that. I'm not playing for $750,000, $850,000, $1 million or $2.5 million. You can write that down."

neko4
05-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Is Corey Dillon still out there. I think he could do good splitting time

jackalope
05-17-2007, 05:50 PM
That's really too bad about Jackson.

M1Koter
05-17-2007, 06:07 PM
you have a young guy that would rather work with the team than take pics for some cards, and the leugue is telling him he doesn't have a choice. Thats just not right, too bad the guy with his priorites straight gets overruled by someone who doesn't

johbur
05-17-2007, 11:14 PM
That's a Union for you. The NFLPA shouldn't force players to do what they don't want to do. That being said, Jackson will get $12 k for the weekend and the more exposure he gets, perhaps the more exposure the Packers gets. Maybe it'll sell a couple more of his jerseys for the team revenues. I like that Jackson came out and was strong in his statement about wanting to be at minicamp, also. If he gets over being injured every year, he could turn out better than Lynch, and he doesn't have the character problems. I'd still have like dhim more in the late thrid round, mind you...

Nitschke-Hawk
05-18-2007, 08:06 PM
is it dead in the forum or what, we open the minicamp today and there's no talk! Interviews are up on Packers.com, every guy McCarthy's been asked about he has said nothing positive things about, mainly that every player is in great shape because of the devotion to the offseason program/completing the installation of the offseason program.

PACKmanN
05-19-2007, 01:45 AM
is it dead in the forum or what, we open the minicamp today and there's no talk! Interviews are up on Packers.com, every guy McCarthy's been asked about he has said nothing positive things about, mainly that every player is in great shape because of the devotion to the offseason program/completing the installation of the offseason program.

what! why would he not say positive things about the players?

M1Koter
05-19-2007, 06:33 AM

I think theres a typo

Vince Lombardi
05-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Harrell is beastly. Look at those guns!

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/9973/harrelloc0.jpg

TitleTown088
05-19-2007, 01:13 PM

He looks like he should in the Movie Heavy Weights.

princefielder28
05-19-2007, 01:44 PM

He'll be in good shape as long as he doesn't tear his bicep again

GB12
05-19-2007, 02:00 PM

Anyone know if it was his left or his right?

princefielder28
05-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Anyone know if it was his left or his right?

it was his left

TitleTown088
05-19-2007, 03:44 PM

Knock on wood.

princefielder28
05-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Knock on wood.

Hopefully he can turn out like John Henderson and Albert Haynesworth, some very good DTs in the NFL from Tennessee

Jim Jim
05-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Harrell can take on blockers, so can Pickett. I think the rotation will serve us well. It'll free up linebackers, stuff up run lanes. It can only help us.

ny10804
05-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Like I said, I like Harrell. And, like I said, I think he could be very good for us. Like I said, though, it might come down to his injury. But like I said, he really says like I said too much, like I said.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Hahahaha, he says like I said about stuff he didn't even say. Then again everybody and their momma wants to say "you know, you know" even when they know you really don't know!!!

Nitschke-Hawk
05-19-2007, 06:14 PM

oh damn didn't realize i made a typo, compared to last seasons offseason interviews the team sounds like the goals are a lot hgher and the coaches loved the offseason participation and offseason in general. If you watch the interviews theres several guys talking super bowl, having great individual and team season. I know that can be said for a lot of teams but it's different from last year. The team seems extremely focused on being good this year. Last year I don't think it was like this at all.

bearsfan_51
05-19-2007, 06:22 PM

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/ff3333/cocoabutter.jpg

Holy crap you drafted Aaron Neville!!

Cocao Baaaatur...

GB12
05-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Hahahaha, he says like I said about stuff he didn't even say. Then again everybody and their momma wants to say "you know, you know" even when they know you really don't know!!!

Who's "he"?

ny10804
05-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Who's "he"?

Like I said, Justin Harrell.

I find it hilarious how he manages to squeeze it in before everything he says. No matter what the question, he will get it in there. Listen to all his interviews, you'll see what I'm talking about.

neko4
05-19-2007, 07:47 PM

Cocao Baaaatur...

hahahaha...
he's got some chicken wings thats for sure

GB12
05-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Like I said, Justin Harrell.

I find it hilarious how he manages to squeeze it in before everything he says. No matter what the question, he will get it in there. Listen to all his interviews, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Oh, I haven't been able to see any, the ones on packers.com don't work.

Vince Lombardi
05-19-2007, 08:09 PM

Cocao Baaaatur...

LOL that's hilarious. You know it's all about the coco bu uh uh ee o uh uh uh o uh utter!

bearsfan_51
05-19-2007, 08:12 PM
LOL that's hilarious. You know it's all about the coco bu uh uh ee o uh uh uh o uh utter!

I've been trying to find a video clip of that forever. Youtube doesn't have one.

The Legend
05-19-2007, 10:50 PM
any one have any other justin harrell pictures?

The Legend
05-19-2007, 11:05 PM
wow look at Harrell in high school

http://www.utkvols.com/images/2003/preseason/team/jharrell.jpg

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 08:43 AM
According to the Boston Globe the Packers continue to show some interest in free agent running back Chris Brown but his contract demands are too high.

Vince Lombardi
05-20-2007, 09:59 AM
any one have any other justin harrell pictures?

http://i.packers.com/pg/2007-05-19/photo31.jpg

http://i.packers.com/pg/2007-05-19/photo32.jpg

http://cmsimg.packersnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20070519&Kategori=PKRCAMP&Lopenr=705190803&Ref=PH&Item=18&MaxW=600

http://cmsimg.packersnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20070517&Kategori=PKRCAMP&Lopenr=705170804&Ref=PH&Item=13&MaxW=600

http://cmsimg.packersnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20070517&Kategori=PKRCAMP&Lopenr=705170804&Ref=PH&Item=14&MaxW=600

The Legend
05-20-2007, 03:31 PM
According to the Boston Globe the Packers continue to show some interest in free agent running back Chris Brown but his contract demands are too high.

somebody wont make the roster

Pj Pope
Noah Herron
Vernard Morency
Brandon Jackson
Chris Brown
DeShawn Wynn

i think we will only take 3 backs into a game

so i wonder which one ... Brandon Jackson / Vernard Morency / Chris Brown

Windy
05-20-2007, 03:33 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/Favremobile.jpg

The Legend
05-20-2007, 03:41 PM
| Tory Humphrey |

he play with the number ones today (in front of Franks & Lee)

there are sending a clear sign to bubba

GB12
05-20-2007, 04:02 PM
somebody wont make the roster

Pj Pope
Noah Herron
Vernard Morency
Brandon Jackson
Chris Brown
DeShawn Wynn

i think we will only take 3 backs into a game

so i wonder which one ... Brandon Jackson / Vernard Morency / Chris Brown
Pj Pope-cut, will be lucky to make the practice squad
Noah Herron-#3 at the moment
Vernard Morency-Should be the game one starter
Brandon Jackson-clear #2
Chris Brown-If we sign him he would battle Herron for third, not sure if he could beat him out.
DeShawn Wynn-will have to make the team at FB if at all

I'd be all for bringing him in for competition. Honestly at this point I'd rather have Herron, but Brown might be able to prove his worth. We really aren't able to keep more than 3 if we wanted to since we stocked up at other positions(LB and WR).

neko4
05-20-2007, 04:10 PM
HB-Morency/Jackson/Brown could all be starters IMO, Brown has had 1000yds before
I also think Herron could play FB, not as a blocker though.

GB12
05-20-2007, 04:25 PM
HB-Morency/Jackson/Brown could all be starters IMO, Brown has had 1000yds before
I also think Herron could play FB, not as a blocker though.

Brown is not that good. I'd take him as a #2 or 3 which is all we need him to be so it'd work out, I'm just saying don't expect to be blown away. There is a reason he's still a FA.

And Herron wouldn't work at all for our FB, blocking is about all they do with a screen pass once every 60 plays.

TitleTown088
05-20-2007, 05:03 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/Favremobile.jpg

Your point?

TitleTown088
05-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Brown is not that good. I'd take him as a #2 or 3 which is all we need him to be so it'd work out, I'm just saying don't expect to be blown away. There is a reason he's still a FA.

And Herron wouldn't work at all for our FB, blocking is about all they do with a screen pass once every 60 plays.
Thois Corey White kid is doing great according to the minicamp reports I think he will win the FB job.

GB12
05-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Thois Corey White kid is doing great according to the minicamp reports I think he will win the FB job.

Corey White? You mean Korey Hall right?

Moses
05-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Corey White? You mean Korey Hall right?

No, Corey White. He was an UDFA. He's very fast and has turned some heads. He's actually got some reps at runningback.

TitleTown088
05-20-2007, 05:54 PM
No, Corey White. He was an UDFA. He's very fast and has turned some heads. He's actually got some reps at runningback.

yep... and also look at Morency he looks like he put on some pounds, damn.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=U0&Date=20070520&Category=PKRCAMP&ArtNo=705200809&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=5

princefielder28
05-20-2007, 05:55 PM
yep... and also look at Morency he looks like he put on some punds, damn.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=U0&Date=20070520&Category=PKRCAMP&ArtNo=705200809&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=5

There's a man that put his time in the weight room and wants to play. Holy Cow!

TitleTown088
05-20-2007, 06:02 PM

Yeah, I think I read that he trained down at OSU with the football players there all offseason.

GB12
05-20-2007, 06:31 PM

The UAB guy right? I guess I wasn't expecting anything out of him. Where are you guys getting this news, and your updates?

TitleTown088
05-20-2007, 07:17 PM
The UAB guy right? I guess I wasn't expecting anything out of him. Where are you guys getting this news, and your updates?
I saw it on the insider for packersnews.com I think. They had nothing but praise to say about him. and yeah, he's from UAB.

ny10804
05-20-2007, 07:25 PM

Random rant:

On why Ted and Mike won't say anything about needing a new RB: if they do, one, it shows their hand on future FA and draft day deals, and two, it says that they don't have faith in Morency, something I know I'd be angered to hear if I was him.

So what would everyone else prefer: Ted saying we absolutely need a new RB, giving prospective FA RBs and trading partners an edge in negotiations and angering Morency, or, Ted saying he's alright with what we have, taking away that edge and giving Morency a show-of-faith as motivation to train in the mindset that he'll be the starter?

I know what I would choose.

That's from 3/10/2007 (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207945&highlight=prefer#post207945)

Was I right or was I right?

Twiddler
05-20-2007, 08:19 PM
I saw it on the insider for packersnews.com I think. They had nothing but praise to say about him. and yeah, he's from UAB.

Cool, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Since we have no stand out guy an assortment should do it. Who doesn't love running back by committee?(besides any fantasy football buff....)

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 08:28 PM
We need to get a trash talking thread going before the season starts. This is a place where you can bash the other team however you please, well under the rules of course.

ny10804
05-20-2007, 08:32 PM
We need to get a trash talking thread going before the season starts. This is a place where you can bash the other team however you please, well under the rules of course.

Should it be in the Packers' forum or the Chicago Manginas' forum? (That's gotta be a first...)

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Should it be in the Packers' forum or the Chicago Manginas' forum? (That's gotta be a first...)

Either one. Probably in ours though, don't want an episode of last year after week 1, although that was really funny, haha. I'll never forget drowe going nuts and cursing Walter Payton.

I'll start it in our thread though.

GB12
05-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Either one. Probably in ours though, don't want an episode of last year after week 1, although that was really funny, haha. I'll never forget drowe going nuts and cursing Walter Payton.

I'll start it in our thread though.

Make sure Ditka is up for it. That's a thread that can't go un-monitored.

Sportsfan486
05-20-2007, 08:54 PM
We're going to beat the bears down so bad they'll have to add (jerky) to their name for the rest of the year.

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Make sure Ditka is up for it. That's a thread that can't go un-monitored.

Well too bad, I already made it haha. Eh, I think we can all handle it. It's a trash talk thread so there's bound to be some heat in that one.

If he doesn't like it, he can lock it.

JF4
05-20-2007, 09:19 PM

I could take him...

The Legend
05-20-2007, 10:49 PM
I could take him...
TEAM LEADER EDIT:
10. No fat chicks.

GB12
05-20-2007, 11:10 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=608121 I don't want him to ever have to carry the full load, but I do really like Morency getting the bigger share of the committee.
Morency stands 5 feet 10 inches and weighs 212 pounds
I didn't realize he was that small. 212, wow.

sweetness34
05-20-2007, 11:46 PM
They're practicing indoors? WTF? Pussies.

GB12
05-20-2007, 11:47 PM

It's at the Hutson Center.

johbur
05-21-2007, 02:07 AM
Is Ferguson actually going to make the team this year? Glad to see he's out working and getting reps. Not sure he's the special teams demon he was three years ago, but it'd be nice to have a veteran #3.

M1Koter
05-21-2007, 06:33 AM
Is Ferguson actually going to make the team this year? Glad to see he's out working and getting reps. Not sure he's the special teams demon he was three years ago, but it'd be nice to have a veteran #3.

it'd be great if he can finnaly fight off the injury bug and show some potential like he did a few years ago.

ny10804
05-21-2007, 06:58 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=608121 I don't want him to ever have to carry the full load, but I do really like Morency getting the bigger share of the committee.

212 isn't all that small, especially considering he's 5'10. Ahman was 218, but was two inches taller.

Just some context for Morency:

Vernand Morency: 5'10 212 (3.03 pounds per inch)
Tiki Barber: 5'10 205 (2.93 pounds per inch)
Frank Gore:5'9 212 (3.07 pounds per inch)
Ahman Green: 6'0 218 (3.03 pounds per inch)
LaDainian Tomlinson: 5'10 221 (3.16 pounds per inch)
Willie Parker: 5'10 209 (2.99 pounds per inch)
Brian Westbrook: 5'8 203 (2.99 pounds per inch)

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 10:31 AM
212 isn't all that small, especially considering he's 5'10. Ahman was 218, but was two inches taller.

Damn, do you go to MIT ? That is certianly some impressive math skills.

GB12
05-21-2007, 02:18 PM

Yeah I realized that after I posted it. It just sounds small to me. Garret Wolfe is 5'10'' and 177lbs (2.5) now that is small.

Moses
05-21-2007, 02:22 PM

Morency looks bigger and stronger than he was last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he started the season at over 212.

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 04:19 PM
yeah morency and Rodgers cetianly beefed up , Rodgers is up to 221 but I don't know the exact amount on Morency. My guess is 217.

Moses
05-21-2007, 05:06 PM
yeah morency and Rodgers cetianly beefed up , Rodgers is up to 221 but I don't know the exact amount on Morency. My guess is 217.

I just read that he added 10 pounds of lean muscle mass during the off-season and his current weight is 220 pounds. He'll likely play the season at about 215 or less though because players always seem to get smaller after training camp. Still, he's a big back now and he's even got a little quicker which is good. I'm very impressed with what he did the off-season.

http://i6.tinypic.com/4toy1op.jpg

Boston
05-21-2007, 05:19 PM

60 degrees is too warm for them. They're more used to below zero temps.

jag
05-21-2007, 05:24 PM
What did Aaron weigh last year?

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Morency also got a new fancy visor, that should add ATLEASED 25+ yards per game.

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 06:18 PM
What did Aaron weigh last year? 223, but I don't think that's right because I just watched an interview with him he did this weekend and he said he gained alot of muscle and strength this offseason and he weighed in at 221. Then agian, these sites I got the info from have Brett listed at 6'2, and that's not right.

Auron
05-21-2007, 06:54 PM
Just a quick question on WR, Greg Jennings. What kind of Receiver is this guy, and potential wise what do you see in him?

I saw him play in one game vs. the Saints last season and he did really well.

Basically what type of skill set does he have? Is he more of a deep threat guy, or is a more polished short, intermediate route worker? how are his hands?

Will he start as the #2 opposite Driver this season?

Boston
05-21-2007, 07:00 PM
223, but I don't think that's right because I just watched an interview with him he did this weekend and he said he gained alot of muscle and strength this offseason and he weighed in at 221. Then agian, these sites I got the info from have Brett listed at 6'2, and that's not right.

How tall is he? I always thought he was 6'2.

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Just a quick question on WR, Greg Jennings. What kind of Receiver is this guy, and potential wise what do you see in him?

Basically what type of skill set does he have? Is he more of a deep threat guy, or is a more polished short, intermediate route worker? how are his hands?

Will he start as the #2 opposite Driver this season? He's a YAC receiver that runs really good routes. I see him to be very similar to Donald Driver later on in his career. Yes, he will most likely start opposite of Driver.

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 07:07 PM
How tall is he? I always thought he was 6'2. http://cmsimg.packersnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20060830&Kategori=PKRTRAIN&Lopenr=608300801&Ref=PH&Item=14&MaxW=350
http://cmsimg.packersnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20060830&Kategori=PKRTRAIN&Lopenr=608300801&Ref=PH&Item=11&MaxW=350

Rodgers is listed at 6'2 too, do they look they same to you?
http://www.packersnews.com/legacy/photogallery/2006/mini/050506/images/ES-PackersMinicamp5.5.06181.jpg

M1Koter
05-21-2007, 07:26 PM
http://cmsimg.packersnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20060830&Kategori=PKRTRAIN&Lopenr=608300801&Ref=PH&Item=14&MaxW=350
http://cmsimg.packersnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20060830&Kategori=PKRTRAIN&Lopenr=608300801&Ref=PH&Item=11&MaxW=350

http://www.packersnews.com/legacy/photogallery/2006/mini/050506/images/ES-PackersMinicamp5.5.06181.jpg

farve's definatly got an inch

neko4
05-21-2007, 07:26 PM
http://cmsimg.packersnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20060830&Kategori=PKRTRAIN&Lopenr=608300801&Ref=PH&Item=14&MaxW=350

Rodgers is standing slanted a bit

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Rodgers is standing slanted a bit

not in the other pic and it's not like favre is standing up straight either.

neko4
05-21-2007, 07:34 PM

so much for Favre not teaching Aaron

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Also,

http://www.madison.com/images/articles/wsj/2006/12/31/38444_thumb.jpg Does he look two inches shorter than urlacher?

Moses
05-21-2007, 08:54 PM

Will he start as the #2 opposite Driver this season?

Jennings is a lock to be the #2 receiver this year.

In terms of skillset, his greatest strength is probably what he does with the ball once he catches it. He's very elusive and can turn any route into a score. This is very important for the WCO.

He's also very polished for a young guy and runs good routes. His hands are very good and he is a threat to run any route.

Jennings biggest weakness is that he's not a very strong player. He won't break many tackles and he can get pasted when he goes across the middle.

ny10804
05-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Also,

http://www.madison.com/images/articles/wsj/2006/12/31/38444_thumb.jpg Does he look two inches shorter than urlacher?

You raise an interesting point.

Here's 6'2 Brett Favre with 6'4 Dan Marino:

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Brett-Favre-And-Dan-Marino-Photograph-C12187545.jpeg

Moses
05-21-2007, 09:12 PM
You raise an interesting point.

Here's 6'2 Brett Favre with 6'4 Dan Marino:

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Brett-Favre-And-Dan-Marino-Photograph-C12187545.jpeg

Favre is probably about 6' 2" and Rodgers is about 6' 1" I believe.

TitleTown088
05-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Favre is probably about 6' 2" and Rodgers is about 6' 1" I believe.

Favre is 6'3".

The Legend
05-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Favre is 6'3".

Favre Is 6'2 7/8

The Legend
05-22-2007, 03:50 PM

he is 5'9 at nfl.com

Moses
05-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Favre is 6'3".

Where are you getting that info from? Rarely would you see a team say a player is shorter than he actually is.

ny10804
05-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Well, Morency is reportedly up to 220. Here's the story:
http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/21/beefcake-packers-morency-adds-10-pounds/

TitleTown088
05-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Where are you getting that info from? Rarely would you see a team say a player is shorter than he actually is.

It's my opinion, but Why not? They do it in basketball for EVERYONE. I think they did in football in Favres case.

Moses
05-22-2007, 05:49 PM
It's my opinion, but Why not? They do it in basketball for EVERYONE. I think they did in football in Favres case.

Huh? They always list players as taller than they are, not shorter.

princefielder28
05-22-2007, 05:51 PM

Players are always shorter than what they're listed and in some cases they weigh 10 less pounds than what they're listed as too

TitleTown088
05-22-2007, 06:00 PM
In basketball?? No they are not. Kids on my high school basketball team were listed as 6'5" 6'6" and i was taller than them. The same thing is done at almost every level of basketball. For instance MJ was not 6'6".

EDIT-NVM, I mistunderstood what you were trying to say. I said it wrong the first time. I just meant they list heights wrong and in Football they did it backwards for Favre.

jackalope
05-22-2007, 07:50 PM
So what's the deal with this Corey White guy? Likely to make the roster?

TitleTown088
05-22-2007, 09:24 PM

With his speed and ability to catch outta the backfeild he may have a good chance.

Moses
05-23-2007, 12:00 AM

He's facing an uphill battle because Miree is likely a lock to make the roster because of his experience and there's no telling if the Packers will even take another fullback. If they do, he has to compete with Korey Hall who will likely make the roster just for his special teams contribution. I'll go ahead and say right now that White won't be on the roster.

johbur
05-23-2007, 10:31 AM
With 5 RB/HB spots, White will have to just WOW in training camp. Barring injuries, Morency and Jackson are locks, Herron has the inside lane, and as TT doesn't like to toss his picks, Hall and Wynn have a better chance than the others of making the team. Miree was the starter last year, so he has the competitive edge. The FB and third HB spots are where you'll see the most competition, and it will be by guys not getting a lot of reps.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-23-2007, 10:58 AM
I can see he and Wynn on the practice squad. Which isn't a bad thing for a full back, he'd have a year to learn the offense without playing. If Wynn plays well in camp and game action he'll make the team because of his natural ability. He'd give us a beef back which we really don't have out of the other guys.

TitleTown088
05-23-2007, 11:37 AM
I can see he and Wynn on the practice squad. Which isn't a bad thing for a full back, he'd have a year to learn the offense without playing. If Wynn plays well in camp and game action he'll make the team because of his natural ability. He'd give us a beef back which we really don't have out of the other guys.

I really hope we can prove himself and stay on the team, I like his upside.

Boston
05-23-2007, 03:34 PM
What about Arliss Beach? From what I remember of him last year, he was a hard runner throughout preseason that showed some burst. IIRC, he was placed on the DL, or IR, whatever the hell it is, mysteriously before the season started.

Moses
05-23-2007, 03:41 PM
What about Arliss Beach? From what I remember of him last year, he was a hard runner throughout preseason that showed some burst. IIRC, he was placed on the DL, or IR, whatever the hell it is, mysteriously before the season started.

Longshot to make the team.

M1Koter
05-23-2007, 04:56 PM
well since we really don't have much to talk about, and I really didn't think this deserve's it's own thread but Is anyone here planning on going to summerfest this year? Anyone got plans on going to any concerts

umphrey
05-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Here's how I see our RB/FB situation:

Locks:
Morency, Jackson

Close to a lock:
Miree

Battling for the last 2 spots:
Herron, White, Wynn, Hall

99% getting cut or not on roster:
Pope, Beach

So we have 2 RBs and 1 FB set up as locks to make the cut. All the rookies are gonna have to show a lot to make the cut, because there is little stability so Herron has a good chance to stay around another year or 2. Apparently he is a great worker and I like having him as a #3 but he has little upside.

Wynn has a good chance to get that last slot because (IMO he's talented and we could use someone with his style) but also because he can play FB and RB so we could essentially keep 4 RBs and 2 FBs with 5 players, big advantage. The coaches probably see him as a camp body though so he still has to impress people to make the team.

White is a wildcard, I don't think the coaches planned on him doing so well but if he keeps it up he'd probably make the roster over Hall who was drafted to play FB this year.

Pope and Beach are both fine RBs but they don't have much upside past a poor man's change of pace back, so I say they don't make the cut in such a crowded backfield with other players who have more potential.

My prediction:
Keep Morency Jackson Herron Miree White
The rest on the practice squad, Hall or Wynn might make the roster on the PUP or something.

johbur
05-24-2007, 03:28 AM
I don't disagree that TT will stash some RBs on the PUP. Some might make the practice squad, but he has shown he uses the IR to store players he wants to take a much longer look at, like Kurt Campbell.

TitleTown088
05-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Packers rookie wide receiver James Jones is included on Dennis Dillon's 'All-Shorts Team' - or as Dillon describes it: "12 rookies who caught the attention of their teams" during recent minicamps.

Dillon's list at SportingNews.com says of Jones: "The third-round pick from San Jose State was quick and explosive in and out of his cuts, and he plucked every pass thrown his direction."

TT, I love you. He's greg Jennings number 2, just wait.

princefielder28
05-24-2007, 02:04 PM
TT, I love you. He's greg Jennings number 2, just wait.

Let's not get excited too quick. Wait until defenders get up and him and play rough and then we'll see how he does. Everyone looks good in individual drills without pads.

Moses
05-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Let's not get excited too quick. Wait until defenders get up and him and play rough and then we'll see how he does. Everyone looks good in individual drills without pads.

James Jones is really starting to grow on me though. He seems to do all the little things right that rookies struggle with.

jackalope
05-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Although I still disagree with taking Jones in the 3rd, I think it's gonna turn out to be a great pick.

TitleTown088
05-24-2007, 04:11 PM
James Jones is really starting to grow on me though. He seems to do all the little things right that rookies struggle with.

Precisely.

M1Koter
05-24-2007, 04:19 PM

and I really don't see the jam being a big issue for him because he's a big strong guy, I'll be interested to see what he does this year

Moses
05-24-2007, 04:25 PM
and I really don't see the jam being a big issue for him because he's a big strong guy, I'll be interested to see what he does this year

Beating the jam is a lot about technique and quickness also though. I think he'll eventually be able to beat the jam easily, but it could take him a year or two.

M1Koter
05-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Beating the jam is a lot about technique and quickness also though. I think he'll eventually be able to beat the jam easily, but it could take him a year or two.

true, so is he in the lead for the #3 spot right now?

princefielder28
05-24-2007, 05:30 PM

Right now I would think that Ruvell Martin is the #3 WR, but if Jones has a good training camp and follows that up with a productive offseason he'll possibly get the nod. I think people have to watch out for David Clowney though as a possible 3rd option. He's lightning quick and could provide Favre with the deep option he needs.

Moses
05-24-2007, 05:32 PM

Way too early to say. After Driver and Jennings, it's a huge logjam.

M1Koter
05-24-2007, 05:44 PM
I was just saying if we to have a favorite at this point, but yeah, you're right, it's too early to determine much

princefielder28
05-24-2007, 05:46 PM
I was just saying if we to have a favorite at this point, but yeah, you're right, it's too early to determine much

Right now though would have to be Ruvell becuase he has the game experience, he knows the offense much better, and has better timing with Favre at this point.

M1Koter
05-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Right now though would have to be Ruvell becuase he has the game experience, he knows the offense much better, and has better timing with Favre at this point.

And as much as people think he belongs on a prectice squad he was really impressing me towards the end of the season, him and Patrick Dendy

Moses
05-24-2007, 05:52 PM

I wouldn't be very surprised to see Martin get cut. Jennings, Driver, Jones, and Clowney should make the team with relative ease. Ferguson has a great shot in my opinion. That's 5 wide receivers and I'm not sure the Packers would go with 6. Even if they do, there's guys like Carlyle Holliday, and Carlton Brewster who would be fighting for that last spot.

princefielder28
05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't be very surprised to see Martin get cut. Jennings, Driver, Jones, and Clowney should make the team with relative ease. Ferguson has a great shot in my opinion. That's 5 wide receivers and I'm not sure the Packers would go with 6. Even if they do, there's guys like Carlyle Holliday, and Carlton Brewster who would be fighting for that last spot.

Ferguson hasn't proven anything throughout his entire NFL career for him to be a part of this team. Ruvell has worked his a$$ off to get where he is now and he'll continue to get better. He's got the size that the Packers are lacking at the position and I would sure hope that he makes the team before a piece of garbage like Ferguson.

neko4
05-24-2007, 06:05 PM

Clowney wont become an instant sucess unless its on ST. Ruvell did great down the stretch and will compete for the 3rd. And if GB went w/ 6 why would Holiday/Brewster be ahead of Ruvell
I think it'll be:
Driver
Jennings
Ruvell/Jones
Clowney

Practice Squad: Holiday

Moses
05-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Clowney wont become an instant sucess unless its on ST. Ruvell did great down the stretch and will compete for the 3rd. And if GB went w/ 6 why would Holiday/Brewster be ahead of Ruvell
I think it'll be:
Driver
Jennings
Ruvell/Jones
Clowney

Practice Squad: Holiday

Clowney and Jones are basically locks because they were draft picks. They won't be cut unless something major happens.

Holiday has shown flashes and could beat out Martin in training camp. Also, I think the Packers are looking at Brewster to return kicks so he could make the roster that way. That said, I still think Martin the favourite out of those 3 players to make the roster.

Driver
Jennings
Jones
Ferguson
Clowney

That's my prediction. The Packers need some more veterans on the team and Ferguson is just that. Plus, he's a very good special teamer.

TitleTown088
05-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Clowney and Jones are basically locks because they were draft picks. They won't be cut unless something major happens.

Holiday has shown flashes and could beat out Martin in training camp. Also, I think the Packers are looking at Brewster to return kicks so he could make the roster that way. That said, I still think Martin the favourite out of those 3 players to make the roster.

Driver
Jennings
Jones
Ferguson
Clowney

That's my prediction. The Packers need some more veterans on the team and Ferguson is just that. Plus, he's a very good special teamer.

Yeah, Cory Rodgers was surely a lock.

Moses
05-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah, Cory Rodgers was surely a lock.

He was until he was terrible in practice and then get in trouble off the field.

TitleTown088
05-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Does anyone belong to any insider Packer sites? Like Packerreport.com or Packerplus online from Jsonline?

TitleTown088
05-24-2007, 07:05 PM
He was until he was terrible in practice and then get in trouble off the field.

Which is why Jones and Clowny are not locks just yet.

GB12
05-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Rodgers was drafted soley as a KR. When you can't even field the ball that'll cause problems. As long as they don't totally screw up they will make it. I will go as far as saying Jones is already a lock. You don't cut first day players too often before the season starts. Clowney will have it a little harder, but as long as he isn't miles behind the other guys he'll make it. Even if he's being out preformed it'll have to be by a very wide margin for him to get cut.

GB12
05-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Does anyone belong to any insider Packer sites? Like Packerreport.com or Packerplus online from Jsonline?
If anyone does don't post it.

princefielder28
05-24-2007, 07:08 PM

I couldn't help him anyways b/c I don't look at any insider sites

TitleTown088
05-24-2007, 07:21 PM

You can't say if you belong or not? What's that got to do with NFLDC?

GB12
05-24-2007, 07:25 PM
You can't say if you belong or not? What's that got to do with NFLDC?

If anyone belongs to one don't post the information. I thought you'd be able to figure that out.:confused: I'm not saying you were or were not trying to get them to post it, just giving a warning to those who might have.

TitleTown088
05-24-2007, 07:30 PM
If anyone belongs to one don't post the information. I thought you'd be able to figure that out.:confused: I'm not saying you were or were not trying to get them to post it, just giving a warning to those who might have.
well, I just wanted information on whether they were worth joining or not.

TitleTown088
05-24-2007, 07:34 PM
BTW anyone else download the new Packer Mozilla add on? It's dank

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4812

jackalope
05-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I would take Ruvell Martin over Ferguson. I was impressed by Martin at the end of the season, and Ferguson once again disappointed.

princefielder28
05-24-2007, 08:44 PM
I would take Ruvell Martin over Ferguson. I was impressed by Martin at the end of the season, and Ferguson once again disappointed.

IMO Ferguson has never done anything to give people optimism

johbur
05-25-2007, 01:48 AM
Ferguson is going into his seventh year. With his build and how he played special teams, I think coaches were always waiting for him to explode and become a Sterling Sharpe or something. Same with David Martin. Huge talent potential, small production. Now, Ferguson has not had great luck injury wise, and that cheap shot clothesline he took form the Jagsonville safety really took away a pretty decent season up until that point, but there comes a time when it is time to move on. I'd rather have a guy like Ruvell, who kills himself working so hard, than a guy like Ferguson who took three seasons just to figure our he wasn't guaranteed a spot due to his draft status and that he needed to start playing for pay, rather than expecting things to be given to him like in college.

I like DD, Jennings, Martin, Jones, Clowney and the Packers keeping a sixth receiver (though he'll be cut when Koren Robinson comes back), Carlton Brewster.

TitleTown088
05-25-2007, 01:53 AM
IMO Ferguson has never done anything to give people optimism

How about the clutch catch against winfield in the last game against the queens?

jackalope
05-25-2007, 01:25 PM
So what's the deal with Koren Robinson? Do we have to keep a roster spot open for him? Are we gonna keep him around?

neko4
05-26-2007, 10:09 AM
what happen to the gado appreciation thread?
http://images.packers.com/images/action/051205gado_a.jpg
--------------------->

johbur
05-26-2007, 10:29 AM
So what's the deal with Koren Robinson? Do we have to keep a roster spot open for him? Are we gonna keep him around?

I don't think he needs a roster spot until he's active. Hence, the Packers will keep a special teamer on the active roster, like Brewster. Then that person will get cut and Koren gets put on the roster. Then our KR game improves greatly and so does our third down conversion rate...

jackalope
05-26-2007, 01:45 PM
If anyone is interested, i found Antonio Freeman's amazing catch and hosted it on YouTube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_dQrqiFIKI

princefielder28
05-26-2007, 04:09 PM
If anyone is interested, i found Antonio Freeman's amazing catch and hosted it on YouTube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_dQrqiFIKI

Always fun to watch :)

TitleTown088
05-26-2007, 05:34 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070526/PKR01/70526011/1989

Jones not taking over?

Vince Lombardi
05-26-2007, 09:10 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070526/PKR01/70526011/1989

Jones not taking over?

yea that's an interesting situation to keep an eye on.

johbur
05-27-2007, 02:47 AM
yea that's an interesting situation to keep an eye on.

The guy had open-heart surgery. I am worried that his health is bad and they just don't want to say publicly that he isn't doing well, given the trauma the team went through with Hatley. That Harlan stays for 2007 is to the Packers' benefit, as he's been great.

princefielder28
05-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Best of wishes to Jones and hope he gets better!

princefielder28
05-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Here's the story: http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070527/PKR01/705270673/1989

Football Fan
05-28-2007, 06:01 AM
Mike Reinfeldt would be an interesting option if he could be lured away from Tennessee.

PACKmanN
05-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Mike Reinfeldt would be an interesting option if he could be lured away from Tennessee.

wasnt he with the seahawks when TT was there?

Football Fan
05-28-2007, 10:21 PM
wasnt he with the seahawks when TT was there?
Yep. He joined the Packers in 1993 and worked with Ron Wolf during the rebirth of th Greenbay Packers. I think him and Thompson might make a good team, they have quite a bit of history together and continues the whole Ron Wolf chain.

"Former Packers executive Mike Reinfeldt, who was hired in February to be the Tennessee Titans executive vice president and general manager, also could be a candidate, though it may be difficult to lure him away from his new job.

Before he left the Packers in 1998 to follow Mike Holmgren to the Seattle Seahawks, Reinfeldt was on track to be Harlan's eventual replacement. "

Heres another story about the situation.http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=611257

jackalope
05-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Who do you guys expect to win the Strong Safety position?

princefielder28
05-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Who do you guys expect to win the Strong Safety position?

Marviel Underwood

jackalope
05-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Marviel UnderwoodYeah, Underwood looked really good before his injury, so if he continues to play well he'll likely start.

GB12
05-29-2007, 09:37 PM
#1 Underwood supporter
I have been leading the way of the Underwood bandwagon.

Moses
05-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Underwood has a good shot but it's still Manuel's spot to lose. I think Rouse could make a play at it if he proves he can keep up in coverage. I would love to see him earn the position because he's the type of vocal leader the Packers need in their secondary.

PACKmanN
05-29-2007, 09:39 PM
I have been leading the way of the Underwood bandwagon.

well that bandwagon is going to go off the road when the Manuel bandwagon start rolling :)

TitleTown088
05-29-2007, 10:35 PM
I'd like to see Rouse/ Manuel in on running downs and Underwood with the pass downs.

GB12
05-29-2007, 10:40 PM
I'd like to see Rouse/ Manuel in on running downs and Underwood with the pass downs.
Nah, you have to stick with one guy. Safety isn't like DE where you can use multiple guys, there needs to be one player in on 100% of the downs.

Green Bay Scat
05-30-2007, 03:36 AM
That Freeman catch was the reason i picked the packers as my fav team. I watched that with my dad while he was in the hospital. Funny how things work Never watched football before that, and my best friend, Kevin Bemoll, the OT at Cal, got me to join football.

PACKmanN
05-30-2007, 10:44 PM
so when can we except rookies to be signed?

jackalope
05-31-2007, 03:56 PM
Tomorrow is June 1st. Think we will make any cuts or anyone of interest will be cut from another team?

GB12
05-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Tomorrow is June 1st. Think we will make any cuts or anyone of interest will be cut from another team?
I don't see us cutting anyone. Depending on who's available we might pick some one up, but that's a slim chance.

cheesehead10790
05-31-2007, 07:04 PM
^sweet sig. Go dodgers.

JF4
06-01-2007, 09:11 AM
^sweet sig. Go dodgers.

Ya I know GB12 LOVES the dodgers. Go Dodgers for sure.

TitleTown088
06-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Who's get signed first?

1) First Round Pick Justin Harrell
Agent: Eugene E. Parker
Company Info
Maximum Sports Management
196 N. Main Street
P.O. Box 637
Roanoke IN, 46783
Phone:(260) 672-9480
Fax: (260) 672-1310
Education
Valparaiso Univ., J.D.82
Purdue, B.S.78
Active Contracts Negotiated:20

Deon Sanders, Emmitt Smith, the holdout of Cedric Benson, Derrick Brooks, Hines Ward, Greg Jennings.

www.answers.com/topic/...e-e-parker

2) Second Round Pick Brandon Jackson
Agent: Gary Wichard
Pro Tect Management
17383 Sunset Blvd.
Suite 250
Pacific Palisades CA, 90272
Phone:(310) 230-2121
Fax: (310) 230-2126 Contract Negotiations only
www.protectmanagement....nt/nfl.htm
Education C.W. Post College, B.A.72

Active Contracts Negotiated:23

Represents Jason Taylor, Dwight Freeney, Terrell Suggs, Adam Archuletta, JP Losman, Kevin Dyson

3) Third Round pick James Jones
Agent: Frank Bauer
Sun West Sports
7883 North Pershing Avenue
Stockton CA, 95207
Phone:(209) 952-9922
Fax: (209) 951-3216 Contract Negotiations
Education Western St. Univ., M.A.73
Western St. Univ., B.A.70

Active Contracts Negotiated:21

Represents coach Lovie Smith(not a smooth negotiation), The late Pat Tillman, Kelly Holcomb, Titans DE Anthony Dunn and rookie Ikaika Alama-Francis(Detroit 2nd round pick and son of former back up to Bart Starr)
T
4) Third Round pick Aaron Rouse
He's his own agent?

5) Fourth Round pick Allen Barbre
Agent J. Drew (Drew) Pittman
Domann & Pittman
1487 Rustic Trail
Salado TX, 76571
Phone: (254)947-8100
Fax: (254)947-3644 Contract Negotiations
Education Southern Methodist Univ., B.A.82
Active Contracts Negotiated:12

6) Fifth Round pick David Clowney
Agent: Brian Mackler
Sportstars, Inc.
1350 Avenue of the Americas
28th Floor
New York NY, 10019
Phone:(212) 757-4044
Fax: (201) 586-0314 Contract Negotiations
Education Pace Univ., M.B.A85
Buffalo Univ., B.S.84
Professional Credentials CPA
Active Contracts Negotiated:18

Represents CB Sheldon Brown, QB Mike McMahon, TE L.J. Smith, Brian Westbrook, Cato June, Vonnie Holliday.

7) Sixth Round pick Korey Hall
Agent: Andrew M. (Buddy) Baker
IM Sports Services
One American Square
Suite 3100
Indianapolis IN, 46282
Phone:(317) 236-2353
Fax: (317) 592-4645 Contract Negotiations

Education Indiana Univ. - Indianapolis School of Law, JD98
Purdue Univ., BS94

Active Contracts Negotiated:24

This agent represented Kurt Campbell. He represents Anthony Oakley, Brandon McGowen and draft pick Corey Graham of the Bears.
Article: www.sportingnews.com/y...p?t=203286

8) Sixth Round pick Desmond Bishop
Agent: Adisa Bakari
Dow, Lohnes & Albertson
1200 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Suite 800
Washington DC, 20036
Phone:(202) 776-2542
Fax: (202) 776-4542
Active Contracts Negotiated:9

Represents Jaguars, Maurice Jones Drew(was with Ricky Manning when he beating up a guy in a restaurant), Jaguars second round pick Justin Durant, and Jaguar's third round pick Mike Walker.

www.patriots.com/SMIL/...;PID=24327

9) Sixth Round pick Mason Crosby
Agent: Michael S. McCartney
Priority Sports & Entertainment
325 N. LaSalle Street
Suite 650
Chicago IL, 60610
Phone:(312) 664-7700
Fax: (312) 664-5172
Active Contracts Negotiated:17

Represents 1st rounders AJ Hawk and Luis Castillo, he is part of a firm that has clients like Kurt Warner, Robert Gallery, Jake Delhomme.

10) Seventh Round pick DeShaun Wynn
Agent: David E. Canter
DEC Management
18940 SW 32nd Street
Miramar FL, 33029
Phone:(954) 599-4499
Fax: (954) 392-1776 Contract Negotiations
Education Univ. of Miami (FL) Law School, J.D.98
Ithaca College, B.S.95

Active Contracts Negotiated:12

Represents Zach Thomas, Mike Peterson, Chad Jackson, Todd Sauerbrun, the late Damien Nash of the Broncos, Stephen Davis and viking Troy Williamson.

11) Seventh Round pick Clark Harris
Agent: Joseph M. Flanagan
BTI Sports Advisors
108 Packerland Drive
Suite C-1
Green Bay WI, 54303
Phone:(920) 490-0284
Fax: (312) 846 9584 Contract Negotiations
Education DePaul Univ. Law, J.D.96
Univ. of Notre Dame, B.A.93
Professional Credentials Member of IL Bar
Active Contracts Negotiated:2

Represents LB Rob Reynolds of the Titans

princefielder28
06-01-2007, 03:20 PM
I'll say Clowney is first to sign

cheesehead10790
06-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Ill say the obvious. Harrell.

Haha the colon next to the paranthesis made the frowning face. Thats kinda funny.

umphrey
06-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Brandon Jackson

princefielder28
06-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Ill say the obvious. Harrell.

Haha the colon next to the paranthesis made the frowning face. Thats kinda funny.

How is Harrell obvious??? He was the 1st round pick

cheesehead10790
06-01-2007, 05:26 PM
How is Harrell obvious??? He was the 1st round pick

Well i guess I meant more the most popular answer not the obvious.

Im sure hes the top priority though.

PACKmanN
06-01-2007, 09:58 PM
i say Rouse.

jbooshey
06-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Brandon Jackson for sure...the kid really wants to be there

Jmohr107
06-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know how Kampman got injured?

TitleTown088
06-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know how Kampman got injured?

He just had arthroscopic surgery to clean it up I believe.

PackerLegend
06-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Well i guess I meant more the most popular answer not the obvious.

Im sure hes the top priority though.

Yes he is probably top priority but to get in camp on time not signed first. Harrell will be the last to sign because you are dealing with the most amount of money, and first round picks are always close to not being signed before camp or late or holding out.

lets look at last year.

Signed
1st - June 23 DE Dave Tollefson - round 7
2nd- July 7 DT Johnny Jolly - round 6
3rd- July 11 S Tyrone Culver - round 6
4th- July 14 CB Will Blackmon - round 4
5th- July 18 T/G Tony Moll - round 5
6th- July 24 WR Greg Jennings - round 2
7th- July 25 WR/KR Cory Rodgers - round 4
8th- July 26 G/C Jason Spitz - rouind 3
9th- July 27 QB Ingle Martin - round 5
10th- July 27 G/T Daryn Colledge - round 2
11th- July 28 LB Abdul Hodge - round 3
12th- July 29 LB AJ Hawk - round 1

and to go along with that, I believe AJ Hawk was signed the afternoon of the start of training camp and only missed the morning practice.

Football Fan
06-03-2007, 03:06 AM
Most teams and agents usually wait to see what other 1st round picks in the same range get paid. Then its kind of a domino effect.

TitleTown088
06-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Ya, ya , ya it's from PFT.com, but interesting nonetheless. The big show back in Titletown? http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

TitleTown088
06-03-2007, 02:53 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/351390/vikings_packers/

At 4:08 or so.

We all owe these guys a pat on the back for defending the Lambeau leap.

The Legend
06-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Justin Harrell Contract - Nick Barnett Rookie Contract
Brandon Jackson Contract - Nick Collins Rookie Contract

PACKmanN
06-03-2007, 03:46 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/351390/vikings_packers/

At 4:08 or so.

We all owe these guys a pat on the back for defending the Lambeau leap.

Bubba better be a positive this season or ill get pissed.

JF4
06-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Bubba better be a positive this season or ill get pissed.

Get ready to get pissed then.

M1Koter
06-03-2007, 08:52 PM
bubba isn't even working with the first team

jackalope
06-04-2007, 04:55 PM
I'll say Clowney is first to signNice guess...

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/06/04/3/