PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

princefielder28
06-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Nice guess...

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/06/04/3/

Thank you :)

Boston
06-04-2007, 05:06 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/351390/vikings_packers/

At 4:08 or so.

We all owe these guys a pat on the back for defending the Lambeau leap.

Denied. The beer was a nice touch. I love how he slinked away thinking, "****, I got owned."

johbur
06-04-2007, 08:28 PM
I am not too worried of when they sign. The organization gets players signed, and rarely is there a missed practice. Given all the competition this year, even at DT, a player missing any of TC would be behind his competitors.

GB12
06-04-2007, 09:24 PM
I am not too worried of when they sign. The organization gets players signed, and rarely is there a missed practice. Given all the competition this year, even at DT, a player missing any of TC would be behind his competitors.

Especially with the guys that we drafted. I can't imagine any of them holding out.

jackalope
06-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Terrence Murphy is now a coaching intern for us.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/06/05/1/

Moses
06-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Terrence Murphy is now a coaching intern for us.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/06/05/1/

That's an awesome story. Murphy was a great player and is a great person.

princefielder28
06-05-2007, 04:50 PM
That's an awesome story. Murphy was a great player and is a great person.

I'm a big fan of Murphy too

The Legend
06-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Denied. The beer was a nice touch. I love how he slinked away thinking, "****, I got owned."

i love that play when , "harris, kampman, kgb" are holding onto jackson to bring him down slowly and then aj hawk just come and smack him down "1.15"

The Legend
06-06-2007, 02:56 PM
just wondering do you guys think we will bring robinson back?

Drvier
Jennings
Ferguson
Martin
James
Clowney

TitleTown088
06-06-2007, 05:43 PM

Drvier
Jennings
Ferguson
Martin
James
Clowney Hell yeah. He's good and cheap, kinda like Taco Bell. Much better bargain than turd. Not to mention Ted the Terrible assisted in drafting him at what, number nine overall?

johbur
06-06-2007, 11:29 PM

Drvier
Jennings
Ferguson
Martin
James
Clowney

My money is on Fergie not being with the team. He hasn't been cleared by medical, and he's got the least amount of time besides Koren in the offense. It remains to be seen if he's even a special teamer like he used to be. Take Fergie out and put Koren in, and I like that group of WRs. James and Clowney not going anywhere as they're this year's draftees, Martin is TT's Euro UDFA find, DD is secure, Jennings is solid. Toss Koren, former first rounder, into the mix and there's been year's when we've had worse.

TitleTown088
06-07-2007, 12:47 AM
didn't work, sorry. I had a link to the video of the super bowl victory but it won't work when I post it. IF anyone wants it I can tell ya, but i don't think I can post the link.

cuzifelt1ikeit
06-07-2007, 09:21 AM
didn't work, sorry. I had a link to the video of the super bowl victory but it won't work when I post it. IF anyone wants it I can tell ya, but i don't think I can post the link.
can you pm it to me?

Moses
06-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Blah, OTA got moved inside. No reports. :(

TitleTown088
06-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Blah, OTA got moved inside. No reports. :(

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

GB12
06-07-2007, 06:07 PM
I heard on the radio that Jackson injured his knee.

TitleTown088
06-07-2007, 06:23 PM
I heard on the radio that Jackson injured his knee.
Yeah it was in the OTA report. Sounds like no big deal. They said he should be back next week I believe.

TitleTown088
06-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Anyone else see that Rivera was cut? Man, TT not resigning him for millions of dollers was such a blunder... TT is an idiot.... TT sucks and he dosen't know what he's doing...

M1Koter
06-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Guy I don't think he's even starting any more, it was time to move on from that old guy

The Legend
06-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Hmm NFL.com Thinks Dante Culpeppers Number 1 Ending Spot Is "Green Bay Packers"

1. Green Bay Packers -- The Packers are very familiar with what Culpepper can do, having faced him when he was a member of the NFC North rival Vikings on several occasions. Green Bay also has the salary cap space to make the move, but most importantly, the Packers have the need. Brett Favre is getting closer and closer to retirement, and the team has to find a replacement. Some observers think that player could be Aaron Rodgers, whom Green Bay drafted in the first round of the 2005 NFL Draft, but more and more it is becoming obvious the team has little confidence in him. Don't kid yourself -- Favre would have been sent packing two years ago if Rodgers was good enough. And with Favre struggling to the third-worst quarterback rating of his career last year (72.7), that doesn't say much for Rodgers at this point.

Of course, I'm not ready to condemn him to a Tommy Maddox-like career just yet. But it just seems clear that the team isn't entirely sold on him either. Whether Rodgers blossoms or not, it would be a good idea to have some veteran talent on hand to ease the transition when Favre retires. Culpepper would provide that.

Give Culpepper another year to recover from his disastrous knee injury, take the pressure off Aaron Rodgers to perform immediately and give the team added depth for the next several years. It makes sense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10217364

GB12
06-07-2007, 11:05 PM
There's an update on the safety competion. So who is it that is pushing Manuel? Underwood? Rouse?

No! it's...

http://www.meanhamstersoftware.com/img/controller.jpg

That's right, Atari Bigby http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=616699 Unexpected to say the least, but hey more competition equals a better result.

roughrider30
06-08-2007, 12:05 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10217364

I hope this isn't going to happen, I really dont want to see Culpepper in a Packers jersey. IMO he wont start in the NFL again, and it would show a lack of confidence in Rodgers.

TitleTown088
06-08-2007, 01:03 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10217364 Dear god. We can only hope this is false.

M1Koter
06-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Just think how weird it would be if moss and Culpepper worn packers jerseys. I would have a hard time watching packer games

Boston
06-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Just think how weird it would be if moss and Culpepper worn packers jerseys. I would have a hard time watching packer games

To say the least. My head would probably implode.

ny10804
06-08-2007, 09:56 AM
"The greatest honor is to die in battle."

Bigby is the man.

jackalope
06-08-2007, 10:15 AM
I would hate it for us Culpeper. I've always thought he was extremely overrated and I hated him in Minnesota. I also don't see how he would fill a need for us. Had Favre retired, I suppose he could be used as a safety net in case Rodgers flopped, but with Favre and Rodgers both on the roster, why would we need him?

PACKmanN
06-08-2007, 10:56 AM
I would hate it for us Culpeper. I've always thought he was extremely overrated and I hated him in Minnesota. I also don't see how he would fill a need for us. Had Favre retired, I suppose he could be used as a safety net in case Rodgers flopped, but with Favre and Rodgers both on the roster, why would we need him?

We are not going to waste draft picks on players, and look how early it is, where have u been?

PackerLegend
06-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Did you guys here the Cowboys cut Marco? Damn you TT fot not resigning him and letting him go to the cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Football Fan
06-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Did you guys here the Cowboys cut Marco? Damn you TT fot not resigning him and letting him go to the cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
eh, tt cut him 3 years ago along with Wahle and basically left favre unprotected. The time line has relevance. (Im sure thats just another little thing that has annoyed Favre). The pack went 4-12 that year and was there first losing season in at least a decade. So im not really sure what the point of the sarcasm is. Seems kind of childish how some people overreact when Lord Thompson gets any criticism.

TitleTown088
06-08-2007, 02:07 PM
eh, tt cut him 3 years ago along with Wahle and basically left favre unprotected. The time line has relevance. The pack went 4-12 that year and was there first losing season in at least a decade. So im not really sure what the point is of the sarcasm. Seems kind of childish.
yeah, and resigning him to a deal similar to the cowboys would have put the packers in cap room hell for a long time. He had no choice.

Boston
06-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Rouse is signed, Barry and Bourke have been released.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2007/06/08/1/

princefielder28
06-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Rouse is signed, Barry and Bourke have been released.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2007/06/08/1/

little suprised to see Barry is gone

TitleTown088
06-08-2007, 07:19 PM
I am not too thrilled with the bourke cut. I think he may have been good in the future. However, it was expected most likely.

M1Koter
06-08-2007, 10:02 PM
little suprised to see Barry is gone

he never fit the system, good solid backup but I don't see him as anything else

Football Fan
06-09-2007, 12:19 AM
yeah, and resigning him to a deal similar to the cowboys would have put the packers in cap room hell for a long time. He had no choice.LOL
@cap hell. Although Wahle would have been the better choice.

Football Fan
06-09-2007, 03:55 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=617091
I liked Barry, but he just didnt fit anymore. Im kinda surprised no team would give up a low draft pick for him, he played pretty well. I guess the injury lowered his stock.

Football Fan
06-09-2007, 05:19 AM
The Drill: Revolving door
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=616683
Fiedler wasnt bad but he didnt last long.

M1Koter
06-09-2007, 01:33 PM
LOL
@cap hell. Although Wahle would have been the better choice.

we didn't have the cap room to sign either of them, it just wasn't possible

Football Fan
06-09-2007, 02:17 PM
we didn't have the cap room to sign either of them, it just wasn't possible
Damn I hate to get into this, but I guess I have to. The packers were 30 MILLION BELOW the salery cap the following year, most in the entire league. To say it wasnt possible is simply rediculous. Havent you heard of a backloaded contract. Its not to say that everyone that was released should have been kept. Wahle and Sharper were probably the only 2, but to say it was impossible is nowhere close to reality. Thompsons strategy is obvious, its lose now hopefully begin to win 4 or 5 years from his hiring date, when his contract will be up. Basically about when the team might be ready (depending in a big way on rodgers success). I personnally dont like the passive strategy, but it is what it is.
I would rather not discuss this, its old.

Jim Jim
06-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Damn I hate to get into this, but I guess I have to. The packers were 30 MILLION BELOW the salery cap the following year, most in the entire league. To say it wasnt possible is simply rediculous. Hanent you heard of a backloaded contract. Its not to say that everyone that was released should have been kept. Wahle and Sharper were probably the only 2, but to say it was impossible is nowhere close to reality. Thompsons strategy is obvious, its lose now hopefully begin to win 5 years from his hiring date, which will be in 3 more seasons. Basically about when the team might be ready.

Thompson doesn't have three more seasons to blow. I think if he has a bad record this season, he could be bye bye.

princefielder28
06-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Thompson doesn't have three more seasons to blow. I think if he has a bad record this season, he could be bye bye.

Next year is Judgment Year, not this one

neko4
06-09-2007, 02:32 PM
This is his 3rd right, 3rd years are always judgement years.
Only a few get to hang around longer (Carr, Brees, Ramsey I think, mostly cuz he was under a new system)

M1Koter
06-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Damn I hate to get into this, but I guess I have to. The packers were 30 MILLION BELOW the salery cap the following year, most in the entire league. To say it wasnt possible is simply rediculous. Havent you heard of a backloaded contract. Its not to say that everyone that was released should have been kept. Wahle and Sharper were probably the only 2, but to say it was impossible is nowhere close to reality. Thompsons strategy is obvious, its lose now hopefully begin to win 4 or 5 years from his hiring date, when his contract will be up. Basically about when the team might be ready (depending in a big way on rodgers success). I personnally dont like the passive strategy, but it is what it is.

The reason we had some much cap room was becasue we let those guys go. and no they couldn't backload those contracts because we atually had an option year on Mike Walhe we just couldn't afford it, those guys wouldn't want to sign for a backloaded because that means less signing bonus, which is the garunteed money guys get out of contracts, we couldn't sign them, this is not arguable

someone447
06-09-2007, 04:38 PM
The reason we had some much cap room was becasue we let those guys go. and no they couldn't backload those contracts because we atually had an option year on Mike Walhe we just couldn't afford it, those guys wouldn't want to sign for a backloaded because that means less signing bonus, which is the garunteed money guys get out of contracts, we couldn't sign them, this is not arguable

With a little bit of finagling we could have signed at least one of them, and it WOULDN'T have put us in cap hell.

I like TT, I think he is a great drafter. However, the amount of blind TT bashing, and blind TT supporting is ridiculous. He makes mistakes, and he also makes great moves. Leave it at that.

M1Koter
06-09-2007, 04:52 PM
With a little bit of finagling we could have signed at least one of them, and it WOULDN'T have put us in cap hell.

I like TT, I think he is a great drafter. However, the amount of blind TT bashing, and blind TT supporting is ridiculous. He makes mistakes, and he also makes great moves. Leave it at that.

yeah we porbably could have signed at least Mike Flanagan or Rivera, but are either of those guys still starting, no, would the packers have had to pay them way more in order to have a lesser signing bonus, yes, would it have been worth it, no, letting sharper and Wahle go isn't even arguable, it had to happen, those guys would have put us in cap hell

GB12
06-09-2007, 04:57 PM
yeah we porbably could have signed at least Mike Flanagan or Rivera, but are either of those guys still starting, no, would the packers have had to pay them way more in order to have a lesser signing bonus, yes, would it have been worth it, no, letting sharper and Wahle go isn't even arguable, it had to happen, those guys would have put us in cap hell

Flanagan left just last offseason. We could have easily signed him no questions asked. The reason we let him go was becauuse of Scott Wells. At this point in their careers I would take Wells over Flanagan.

gbpackers0065
06-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Is someone really doubting the move of letting Rivera, Wahle and Flanagan walk because those moves allowed us to switch to the more effective ZBS.

Moses
06-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Is someone really doubting the move of letting Rivera, Wahle and Flanagan walk because those moves allowed us to switch to the more effective ZBS.

That is very debatable.

gbpackers0065
06-09-2007, 05:42 PM
That is very debatable.

you're saying Green would've had 1000 yards if we kept River, Wahle, Flanagan

someone447
06-09-2007, 05:47 PM

We wouldn't have been 4-12 the year we let them go.

Moses
06-09-2007, 05:49 PM

No, look at what I bolded. The ZBS is not necessarily a superior scheme.

gbpackers0065
06-09-2007, 05:50 PM
No, look at what I bolded. The ZBS is not necessarily a superior scheme.

it is for our lineman

someone447
06-09-2007, 05:52 PM
it is for our lineman

Because we drafted for it...

neko4
06-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Rivera is washed up now, hate to say it, but he is. Letting him go was smart. Not Sharper though. Collins/Sharper wouldve been great

M1Koter
06-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Rivera is washed up now, hate to say it, but he is. Letting him go was smart. Not Sharper though. Collins/Sharper wouldve been great

sharper had to go, he wouldn't take the pay cut

neko4
06-09-2007, 07:54 PM
sharper had to go, he wouldn't take the pay cut

didnt these guys love to play football when they were kids? Why is it all about money?
Up until that season i was proud to say Sharper went to William and Mary (A local college) But now im kinda mad about, thats one of the most presitigous (spelling?) schools too. 2nd ever university made in US history

Football Fan
06-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Its all past history. Hopefully this year we will see some guys really improve and some new probowl talent will emerge. I just dont want to see the team fall back to the level of the 70s and 80s.

Football Fan
06-09-2007, 07:58 PM
didnt these guys love to play football when they were kids? Why is it all about money?
Up until that season i was proud to say Sharper went to William and Mary (A local college) But now im kinda mad about, thats one of the most presitigous (spelling?) schools too. 2nd ever university made in US historyI think Sharper probably would have been willing to work with the team to stay a packer and not neccesarily for less money, just a different style contract. But whatever. Its all about the Thompson plan now and aaron Rodgers. Next year and the following one are crucial, this year is going nowhere its just part of T.T.'s process. I'm just seeing some early similarities between Thompson and the old brewers GM Sal Bando. Bando always would tell the press were going to be better next year under his plan and it was miserable. Bando dismantled the 92' brewers, many of them were let go and had very nice careers (Moliter was going for the batting title and Seitzer the triple crown in 93) while ther replacements performed hideously. It seemed more like blatent lying is what Bando was doing as Bud selig feasted on fan loyalty. Now there is no Selig for the packers, but the team coffers are curently growing nicely and providing some financial stability.
That said we just wont know until the next 2 or 3 seasons are over. We have no choice but to give Thompson the benefit of the doubt, I just hope Thompson doesnt turn out to be another Sal Bando.

TitleTown088
06-09-2007, 08:55 PM
The Packers were one of few teams with no player listed in the top 50 in the NFL.

TitleTown088
06-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Barry was cut because he failed a physical?

http://packers.scout.com/2/650324.html

neko4
06-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Barry was cut because he failed a physical?

http://packers.scout.com/2/650324.html

Thats probably a good thing if he cant pass a physical

The Legend
06-09-2007, 10:29 PM
how many year did rouse get?

also found something cool

Brandon Jackson Kick Return Records (Note No Return Started In End Zone)
65 Long

2006 - 9 / 160
2005 - 5 / 70
2004 - 16 / 370
Total - 30 / 600 Avg 20

ny10804
06-09-2007, 10:41 PM
The Packers were one of few teams with no player listed in the top 50 in the NFL.

By who? / link

PACKmanN
06-09-2007, 11:37 PM
well Sharper is getting old and to top it off, he might be cut too with the signing of Mike Doss (FS- Smith and SS- Doss).

TitleTown088
06-10-2007, 02:36 AM
how many year did rouse get?

also found something cool

Brandon Jackson Kick Return Records (Note No Return Started In End Zone)
65 Long

2006 - 9 / 160
2005 - 5 / 70
2004 - 16 / 370
Total - 30 / 600 Avg 20
I don't think it's confirmed yet, but It's speculated at four years which is the most a 3rd rounder can be signed for.

TitleTown088
06-10-2007, 02:42 AM
By who? / link

http://nflblogs.profootballweekly.com/AroundtheNFL/2007/05/pfws_top_50_list_a_breakdown.html

princefielder28
06-10-2007, 08:29 AM
http://nflblogs.profootballweekly.com/AroundtheNFL/2007/05/pfws_top_50_list_a_breakdown.html

that kinda sucks

jackalope
06-10-2007, 10:06 AM
http://nflblogs.profootballweekly.com/AroundtheNFL/2007/05/pfws_top_50_list_a_breakdown.htmlI would have included Kampman on the list, especially considering that Dwight Freeney (16th) had 10 less sacks last season than Kampman.

TitleTown088
06-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I would have included Kampman on the list, especially considering that Dwight Freeney (16th) had 10 less sacks last season than Kampman.

Yeah, him or maybe Drive could have been put on there. I know I'll take Kampy over Freeney any day. He's a much more complete DE.

someone447
06-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Kellen Winslow?!?!?!?!? He hasn't even hardly played. Jeremy Shockey? Hype, and little substance. Freeney is WAY, WAY, WAY too high.

It is because Kampmann is an "overachiever" aka... Never mind, already been warned for that.

M1Koter
06-10-2007, 04:06 PM
and by next offseason Hawk will be on there, I'm suprised Driver or maybe Woodson didn't make at least the latter portion, but it's not like any of those lists are all based on hype, oh wait....

cuzifelt1ikeit
06-11-2007, 02:56 PM
totally hypothetical but...

how would you guys feel if we had interest in arrington? think we should nab him or what?

GB12
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM

how would you guys feel if we had interest in arrington? think we should nab him or what?
Nah, I don't really see any benefit that he'd bring.

PACKmanN
06-11-2007, 04:00 PM

He done, the giants cut him because he done.

TitleTown088
06-11-2007, 05:13 PM

Meh, the Packers have Hawk and Barnett and have how many linebackers coming in this year? I don't think it's worth it.

ny10804
06-11-2007, 05:15 PM
If we could get him for the veteran's minimum, why not? No risk, high reward.

Pack_Attack_4
06-11-2007, 10:22 PM
If we could get him for the veteran's minimum, why not? No risk, high reward.

ya that would be allright.

johbur
06-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Nope, not interested in burnt up vets without great leadership skills. I'd still take a guy like Russell Maryland on the team because he's a champion and was a leader in the locker room. Or I would have last year. I think there's a lot of good, young players that we need to keep on the roster and let them mature. I'm not happy that TT hasn't acquired more proven products, but the guys he's taken could be really good.

Scott giving a C+ to the Packers odd. He complains that there might just be 2-3 starters amongst the group, but then says Harrell, Jackson, Barbre, Rouse, and Crosby all have a chance to win starting jobs. Toss in Clark Harris at #2, along with Wynn being a solid pick, and it comes down to him not liking how high the picks were taken. If the Packers had taken Harrell in the 2nd, Jackson in the 3rd, we'd have an A likely, given what grade he gave Minnie. I'm not all that happy with how high TT took guys like Harrell, JJ, Korey Hall, and Desmond Bishop, but who would he have taken at WR or DT that would have started ahead of the guys on the roster already? I love Rouse in the 3rd and hope he's starting Day One, though I love Bigby's attitude. Maybe there was a guy in the 5th at LB better than Bishop, Pac-10 DPOY, and maybe Hall not a good choice at FB (I like him at LB, given he was WAC DPOY), but these guys have the potential to make the team, fill in where the Packers were weak last year and provide that push to the playoffs. He totally missed the emphasis on special teams this year, which if that had been in order last year, would have yielded a playoff spot.

I hope he does an after TC update on his grades, and can see who made the squad and who didn't.

neko4
06-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Any chance we get Paul Oliver

Moses
06-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Any chance we get Paul Oliver

Doubtful. Packers have enough young CBs right now. Need a year to sort them out.

neko4
06-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Doubtful. Packers have enough young CBs right now. Need a year to sort them out.

even if he was right there sitting at our doorstep basically

someone447
06-12-2007, 01:09 PM

We only have one that even really has potential. I think trying to get him for a second rounder would be ideal.

Moses
06-12-2007, 01:13 PM
We only have one that even really has potential. I think trying to get him for a second rounder would be ideal.

I just don't see Thompson moving on a CB. He didn't make a move for a CB in the draft so I think it's pretty clear he's content with who's on the roster right now.

Al Harris and Charles Woodson are entrenched as the starters. Will Blackmon, Frank Walker, Patrick Dendy, Jarrett Bush, and others will battle it out for the remaining spots. Between those 4 players I would expect one to be a legitimate nickel cornerback next season. Any of those 4 players would be fine as a dime player. After Harris or Woodson starts to regress, I would expect Thompson to make a move on a top flight cornerback.

princefielder28
06-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Will Blackmon was very solid at corner at Boston College before they moved him to wide receiver so I expect him to win the nickel corner spot

GB12
06-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Will Blackmon was very solid at corner at Boston College before they moved him to wide receiver so I expect him to win the nickel corner spot

Yeah, and if not Dendy did pretty well in the nickle role last year. It's a problem for the future not this year.

ny10804
06-12-2007, 01:25 PM
*** Don't forget to miss M3 on Jim Rome today ***

someone447
06-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah, and if not Dendy did pretty well in the nickle role last year. It's a problem for the future not this year.

Exactly, so why not use next years 2nd rounder on a top flight corner? Maybe TT didn't see any corner worthy of the spot we were picking in. I think it would be a mistake for TT not to even go after him.

roughrider30
06-12-2007, 03:04 PM
I just don't see Thompson moving on a CB. He didn't make a move for a CB in the draft so I think it's pretty clear he's content with who's on the roster right now.

Al Harris and Charles Woodson are entrenched as the starters. Will Blackmon, Frank Walker, Patrick Dendy, Jarrett Bush, and others will battle it out for the remaining spots. Between those 4 players I would expect one to be a legitimate nickel cornerback next season. Any of those 4 players would be fine as a dime player. After Harris or Woodson starts to regress, I would expect Thompson to make a move on a top flight cornerback.

I don't think that TT didn't draft a CB because he is necessarily content with our CBs. Their might not have been one he liked at the picks we had. He likes to build through the draft and getting Oliver for a 2nd could be very good value. If TT is high enough on the guy he will go after him. It can be looked at as TT acquiring another draft pick for this year, and we all know he is capable of acquiring a another 2nd round pick next year through trading down.

I think if TT is interested in this guy, I think he will make a push for him.

PACKmanN
06-12-2007, 03:46 PM
As a gm you should look at all players, I'm 100 percent sure he looking at him now lets see if he fits his price. What do you guys think of what Scott wrote about our draft? the only picks he likes are Brandon Jackson, Crosby, and Harrell.

TitleTown088
06-12-2007, 04:44 PM
I asked Mike Vandermaus this very question. He said from what he's hearing, Oliver is currently being valued at a 4th or th round pick.

Also, did anyone else hear the new rumor coming outta GB that the reason Jones got the axe was because he was the one who stopped the Moss deal? Apparently he didn't want to pay up for him.

neko4
06-12-2007, 04:59 PM
I asked Mike Vandermaus this very question. He said from what he's hearing, Oliver is currently being valued at a 4th or th round pick.

Also, did anyone else hear the new rumor coming outta GB that the reason Jones got the axe was because he was the one who stopped the Moss deal? Apparently he didn't want to pay up for him.

Dear god we have a TON of money in the bank!

neko4
06-12-2007, 05:02 PM
As a gm you should look at all players, I'm 100 percent sure he looking at him now lets see if he fits his price. What do you guys think of what Scott wrote about our draft? the only picks he likes are Brandon Jackson, Crosby, and Harrell.

he seemed to like Rouse

Vikes99ej
06-12-2007, 05:05 PM
P.S. This is only because your boy Titletown decided to post junk in our forum.

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/jan04/1fred-mh111.jpg

Moses
06-12-2007, 05:06 PM

The sad part is that wasn't even the worst play of the game.

Vikes99ej
06-12-2007, 05:09 PM
The sad part is that wasn't even the worst play of the game.

It's the only one I remember.

neko4
06-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Great Moments in ViQueens History:
http://espn.go.com/media/abcsports/2000/1106/photo/a_freeman.jpg
Anyone remeber this play?

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/dec06/x4321_large.jpg

I WAS THERE

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper344/stills/629c5wq3.gif
My dad was at this one

PACKmanN
06-12-2007, 06:50 PM

lol the funny part is thats the eagles not vikings lol, i know its hard to find pictures of you guys beating us.

Vikes99ej
06-12-2007, 07:16 PM
lol the funny part is thats the eagles not vikings lol, i know its hard to find pictures of you guys beating us.

No.... not really.

http://www.collegecharlie.com/p1_moss_moon_all.jpeg

neko4
06-12-2007, 07:17 PM
How bout Longwell's 2 game winners against Minny in '04?

neko4
06-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Furthermore...

SUCK IT

http://www.packers-ticket.com/images/vince_lombardi_trophy.jpg

I should go post this in Minny's, Chi's, and Det's team forums

PACKmanN
06-12-2007, 07:25 PM
No.... not really.

said part is when he left you guys were never the same.

PACKmanN
06-12-2007, 07:31 PM
http://images.wireimage.com/images/tnm/11344886.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/07/19/gallery.nfc.north/Walker.jpg
whats ur point i can use Walker...

you know what ill just let you guys own yourselves http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ob1RjshImw4

someone447
06-12-2007, 07:53 PM
No.... not really.

What is the name of that trophy that you guys have failed to win every year you have been in existence? Hmmm, oh ya, the LOMBARDI trophy. Who did Lombardi coach for? At least the Bears have championships.

So get back to us when you win even one championship.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/1998/playoffs/news/1999/01/17/falcons_first/t2_anderson_ap.jpg

Pack_Attack_4
06-12-2007, 08:45 PM
P.S. **** wear purple

Vikes99ej
06-12-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm amused by how excited you guys are getting. No biggy. Just a friendly rivalry.

Boston
06-12-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm amused by how excited you guys are getting. No biggy. Just a friendly rivalry.

Ha. The Bears-Packers is a friendly rivalry. I hate the vikings.

TitleTown088
06-12-2007, 11:24 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.

neko4
06-13-2007, 12:11 AM

So i guess youre trying to tell us Randy Moss "recieves"

princefielder28
06-13-2007, 09:19 PM
So i guess youre trying to tell us Randy Moss "recieves"

and thats the only way he can catch something too

Crazy_Chris
06-14-2007, 02:02 AM
and thats the only way he can catch something too

You know something thats very odd... i seem to remember watching him catching the football with two hands in your Lambeau field endzone quite often

cuzifelt1ikeit
06-14-2007, 10:41 AM
is donovan darius even worth a look-see?

Moses
06-14-2007, 11:20 AM

He's too old to fit into Thompson's plans. Manuel, Underwood, or Rouse should suffice for this season.

PACKmanN
06-14-2007, 03:26 PM

no thanks let Rouse start.

Pack_Attack_4
06-14-2007, 04:30 PM

We should bring him in for Fergy to give him a closeline from hell, then cut him after.

The Legend
06-14-2007, 04:57 PM
dont know if you heard Brandon Jackson hurt his knee

boy he was looking so good in practice

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/08/packers-rookie-brandon-jackson-injures-knee/

TitleTown088
06-14-2007, 05:47 PM
dont know if you heard Brandon Jackson hurt his knee

boy he was looking so good in practice

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/08/packers-rookie-brandon-jackson-injures-knee/
Favre hurt his shoulder too. He'' be ok though.

johbur
06-15-2007, 01:10 AM

QFT!!! Bears have tradition, 1 Lombardi trophy and eight other championships. Vikings have Minnetonka Love Boat.

johbur
06-15-2007, 01:14 AM
even if he was right there sitting at our doorstep basically

I'd give a second this year for Oliver. He'd be a pick that along with Harrell and Jackson typifies that TT thinking that if you pick a guy early or coming off an injury you can get a bargain and a player that if healthy and had stayed in school, might have gone much higher.

Oliver at #3 CB this upcoming year, and hopefully he's not as brittle as Blackmon, who's out again with a hip flexor.

GB12
06-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Antonio Freeman signs a one say contract so he retires as a Packer. http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=2&date=6/15/2007&id=25100

TitleTown088
06-15-2007, 01:37 PM
http://www.packers.com/multimedia/video/recent/

Watch the Favre interview.10:50 He compares James Jones to Sterling Sharp. Sure, it's optimistic, but it's sill encouraging.

TitleTown088
06-15-2007, 05:09 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070615/PKR01/70615156/1989
Beech released. Can't say I didn't see this coming.

princefielder28
06-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Antonio Freeman signs a one say contract so he retires as a Packer. http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=2&date=6/15/2007&id=25100

Great player but didn't think much of him outside of the game

jackalope
06-16-2007, 05:10 PM
EDIT- Missed the post 2 up.

RockJock07
06-16-2007, 05:48 PM
hey, I haven't posted in forever. What's the word on signing any of the draft picks?

PACKmanN
06-16-2007, 05:56 PM
hey, I haven't posted in forever. What's the word on signing any of the draft picks?

2 down, 9 more to go.

PackerLegend
06-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Packers linebacker Barnett arrested after disturbance at Appleton nightclub
Gannett Wisconsin Newspapers

APPLETON — Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett was arrested after a disturbance early today at a downtown Appleton tavern, police said.

According to a police statement, Barnett was involved in a physical altercation about 2 a.m. at the nightclub known as Wet, 344 W. College Ave. He was subsequently arrested for battery and was confined to the Outagamie County Jail a few blocks away.

He was released later and appeared this afternoon at Packers teammate Brett Favre’s annual charity softball game, held at Fox Cities Stadium in Grand Chute. He was not immediately available for comment.

The Packers selected Barnett, 26, out of Oregon State in the first round of the 2003 draft. He is in his fifth season with the team.

Police asked that anyone with information about the nightclub incident contact the department at (920) 832-5500.

JF4
06-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Wow...funny thing is I could really care less and I'm not worried about Barnett at all. The Packers just seem to never get in trouble so this is kind of shocking. Good work by Nick and I hope he beat the crap out of some guy.

princefielder28
06-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Wow...funny thing is I could really care less and I'm not worried about Barnett at all. The Packers just seem to never get in trouble so this is kind of shocking. Good work by Nick and I hope he beat the crap out of some guy.

I don't know why anyone would consider getting in an altercation with Nick

PACKmanN
06-17-2007, 07:53 PM
what do u guys think of my new sig? :)

Hawk
06-17-2007, 08:54 PM
what do u guys think of my new sig? :)

It's nice, you should post on Rover more

jackalope
06-17-2007, 09:23 PM
That's obviously no good about Barnett, but I get the feeling it will blow over.

princefielder28
06-17-2007, 10:30 PM
That's obviously no good about Barnett, but I get the feeling it will blow over.

Barnett doesn't have a history of bad behavior and the Packers don't as an organization either so it'll be ignored for the time being

johbur
06-18-2007, 12:50 AM
http://www.packers.com/multimedia/video/recent/

Watch the Favre interview.10:50 He compares James Jones to Sterling Sharp. Sure, it's optimistic, but it's sill encouraging.

JJ has been getting more of that. He doesn't have Sterling's rep, but the various reporters are all talking about how he grabs the ball out of the air and defenders slough off of him.

drowe
06-18-2007, 10:47 AM
so, i forgot to post this as soon as i heard...but, my brother is an asst golf pro at thornberry creek. and Brett Favre has been out there golfing everytime he gets the chance....and my brother is usually the one to check him in. so, friday, my brother is just finishing up his shift and Favre walks in, says he wants to get in a quick 9. my brother...a huge Favre fan and an avid golfer, can't pass up the opportunity. he asks, "so, ya want a little company out there?" favre said, "nah, i'll just go alone." so, shot down...gotta give him credit for asking though. ballsy.

also, my other brother works at a course up in door county and Favre has been there a few times...by all accounts, the dude is literally addicted to golf right now.

princefielder28
06-18-2007, 11:30 AM
That did take some nuts but your brother to do that but the risk is worth the reward

TitleTown088
06-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Sucks Favre said no, but I'm sure it gets old having people ask you for stuff ike that all the time.

Anyway, I was reading Packerupdate adn they say Carlyle Holiday is appearing to be the front runner for the number 3 spot. They also go on to say that Hawk looks like the best player on the feild thus far.

drowe
06-18-2007, 11:56 AM
That did take some nuts but your brother to do that but the risk is worth the reward

yeah, most packer fans would give their left nut go golf with #4. bro thought he had a realistic chance...gotta go for it.

just like asking a girl out that's way outa your league....you'll probably get shot down..but, ya just gotta try.

TitleTown088
06-18-2007, 12:14 PM
A league source tells us that the Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper could be eyeballing the Green Bay Packers as his next NFL landing spot.

If it happens, Culpepper would be a candidate to serve as the backup to starter Brett Favre, and could then be the guy to succeed Favre when he retires in 2025.

We're exaggerating. The real number is more like 2015.

Culpepper has primarily been linked to the Jacksonville Jaguars, and there's no indication that the Packers would have an interest in the former Vikings starter. We can't imagine Culpepper wanting to try to fill Favre's shoes, unless Culpepper's motivation is to try to stick it to the Vikes, with whom he had a messy divorce in 2006.

Good hing it's from PFT or I'd be worried. I do not want this chump in GB.

princefielder28
06-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Good hing it's from PFT or I'd be worried. I do not want this chump in GB.

The Pack aren't going to bring in anyone at the QB position

TitleTown088
06-18-2007, 12:21 PM
The Pack aren't going to bring in anyone at the QB position

dear god, let's hope not.

djcoreylee
06-18-2007, 11:51 PM
PLEASE bring in DD, at least for a tryout. This guy has been so good for a long time for a reason. I cant believe Manuel is that much better or even as good!

JF4
06-19-2007, 12:02 AM
PLEASE bring in DD, at least for a tryout. This guy has been so good for a long time for a reason. I cant believe Manuel is that much better or even as good!

I would be a fan of doing this also. I still think Darius is a pretty good player. I don't think it will happen though because of his relationship with the franchise which isnt to good after he tried to tear Ferguson's head off.

Hawk
06-19-2007, 12:22 AM
I would be a fan of doing this also. I still think Darius is a pretty good player. I don't think it will happen though because of his relationship with the franchise which isnt to good after he tried to tear Ferguson's head off.

exactly that would be like us bringing in randy moss after he fake mooned the crowd

Football Fan
06-19-2007, 03:23 AM
exactly that would be like us bringing in randy moss after he fake mooned the crowdNah, what Moss did was an immature act to the crowd of a long heated division rival. Seriously hurting someone and potentially ending a career (or worse) by playing dirty is at a different level entirely. But I get your point and I agree we should pass on this one.

johbur
06-19-2007, 03:51 AM
There's only room for one DD in GB...

jackalope
06-19-2007, 07:37 AM
I'd rather not pick up Darius. Not only do I hate him for his illegal hit, but I think we have the safety position pretty well covered.

umphrey
06-19-2007, 08:28 AM
I'd like to see us bring in Culpepper if he was willing to compete for the starting job after Favre retires. He's a much better insurance plan than Ingle Martin and an empty roster spot, but we don't really have the roster room until Favre retires so I don't see it working out.

We have no use for Darius though. Our defense is going to grow together in the next couple years so bringing in a guy for 1-2 years doesn't make sense since we have the position well covered. As it is we are going to have to cut 1 usable safety. I like Manuel's experience and consistency even if he isn't that good, he'll probably be replaced by Rouse or Underwood who have more upside but he is good to keep around for insurance (plus he was hurt a lot of last year and might do better in his 2nd year, so although a lot of Packer fans disagree with me I think he has upside himself as well).

TitleTown088
06-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I'd like to see us bring in Culpepper if he was willing

Just stop talking right there before you make a fool out of yourself. There is no place in GB for Pepper.

PACKmanN
06-19-2007, 10:43 AM
you know he said sorry right after the game about the hit. He not a bad guy, he just not worth it.

umphrey
06-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Just stop talking right there before you make a fool out of yourself. There is no place in GB for Pepper.

Yeah, because it makes much more sense to rely on a guy who hasn't played in the NFL yet.

We are going to have to bring in a veteran at some point, this is probably Favre's last year and Rodgers seems pretty shaky. What's wrong with Culpepper? Maybe you should have actually read the rest of my post...

If he is brought in to compete for a starting job he obviously isn't going to cost us much, and pretty much every team has a veteran, not just an Ingle Martin on the roster when transitioning to a young QB. And since we don't need him til next year, like I said, it probably wouldn't happen anyway.

Hawk
06-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Yeah, because it makes much more sense to rely on a guy who hasn't played in the NFL yet.

We are going to have to bring in a veteran at some point, this is probably Favre's last year and Rodgers seems pretty shaky. What's wrong with Culpepper? Maybe you should have actually read the rest of my post...

If he is brought in to compete for a starting job he obviously isn't going to cost us much, and pretty much every team has a veteran, not just an Ingle Martin on the roster when transitioning to a young QB. And since we don't need him til next year, like I said, it probably wouldn't happen anyway.

How is Rodgers shaky? He hasn't had his chance. I think Culpepper is pretty shaky since he's only got 1 good knee. Culpepper won't ever be the same. Most of his big plays came as a result of the defense having to protect his scrambling and him being a lot more mobile than he is now, and he had Randy Moss in his prime.

Now I'm not trying to compare Favre to Rodgers, but Favre struggled in his first couple years as well. I remember seeing something where Holmgren was really close to benching Favre and starting Brunell cause of his poor play. But Holmgren stuck with him and I guess he turned out alright. I say we should stick with Aaron Rodgers, and take our chances.

jackalope
06-19-2007, 02:37 PM
It really bothers me when people start talking like Rodgers is gonna be a bust and hasn't played well. I just don't know what people are basing this off, seeing as how he has gotten very little playing time. Rodgers replaces Favre once he retires and get 1-2 seasons before we give up. I understand the idea of bringing in a vet as backup for Rodgers, but we don't need one yet.

someone447
06-19-2007, 02:39 PM
yeah, most packer fans would give their left nut go golf with #4. bro thought he had a realistic chance...gotta go for it.

just like asking a girl out that's way outa your league....you'll probably get shot down..but, ya just gotta try.

My grandpa golfed with Favre at the Lombardi classic around 10 years ago. I rode the cart with Favre for a while.

With an attitude like that, of course you are gonna get shot down more times than not.

princefielder28
06-19-2007, 02:41 PM
It really bothers me when people start talking like Rodgers is gonna be a bust and hasn't played well. I just don't know what people are basing this off, seeing as how he has gotten very little playing time. Rodgers replaces Favre once he retires and get 1-2 seasons before we give up. I understand the idea of bringing in a vet as backup for Rodgers, but we don't need one yet.

The problem with Rodgers is that he has not shown more ability that mangaing a game. He doesn't make spectacular throws or avoid pressure that well. He will be an average QB in this league, and many Packers' fan will expect more from someone who replaces Favre. Rodgers will not start more than 2 years here and that is the truth. I hope he has success and is a QB for a long time but he just doesn't have that thing about him that sets him above other average QBs.

umphrey
06-19-2007, 02:43 PM
I've been trying to say exactly what you are - he hasn't played a game yet. Thus, it would be a good idea to have other options on the roster besides Ingle Martin.

It's not that I'm calling Rodgers a bust but rather reminding everyone that we shouldn't be depending on a guy that hasn't done anything besides be a first round pick, one that plummeted draft day might I add.

PACKmanN
06-19-2007, 03:02 PM

and what has pepper proved? he cant win without Moss.

Moses
06-19-2007, 06:29 PM
The problem with Rodgers is that he has not shown more ability that mangaing a game. He doesn't make spectacular throws or avoid pressure that well. He will be an average QB in this league, and many Packers' fan will expect more from someone who replaces Favre. Rodgers will not start more than 2 years here and that is the truth. I hope he has success and is a QB for a long time but he just doesn't have that thing about him that sets him above other average QBs.

We haven't seen NEARLY enough of Rodgers to make that determination. From a skillset standpoint, he has all the tools. He has a strong arm with good accuracy. He is mobile and can make plays outside of the pocket. He's smart and can digest a playbook. Will he be a good QB? Who knows. We do know that he'll be the next starting QB in Green Bay and he'll be given at least a couple years to prove himself. People saying anything else are just making baseless speculations.

As for acquiring Culpper, I don't see the point. Favre, Rodgers, and Martin is a suitable QB unit for this season. Once Favre retires, a veteran will be brought in but not to start. Cross that hurdle when it comes though.

umphrey
06-19-2007, 10:09 PM
I guess the Culpepper argument isn't really worth debating because we all seem to agree that it's not going to happen this year...I don't think I made that too clear before. I guess I'm just bored in the offseason and thinking too far ahead.

princefielder28
06-19-2007, 10:12 PM
We haven't seen NEARLY enough of Rodgers to make that determination. From a skillset standpoint, he has all the tools. He has a strong arm with good accuracy. He is mobile and can make plays outside of the pocket. He's smart and can digest a playbook. Will he be a good QB? Who knows. We do know that he'll be the next starting QB in Green Bay and he'll be given at least a couple years to prove himself. People saying anything else are just making baseless speculations.

As for acquiring Culpper, I don't see the point. Favre, Rodgers, and Martin is a suitable QB unit for this season. Once Favre retires, a veteran will be brought in but not to start. Cross that hurdle when it comes though.

Not like Aaron is stepping in games when he gets a chance and is playing like Matt Hasselbeck did when he was in Green Bay. When Matt was here people knew that if Favre went down they had a guy that was fully capable of getting the job done. With Aaron there isn't that security and he has not given Packers fan a reason to believe he can do it either.

umphrey
06-19-2007, 10:54 PM
http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/06/15/1/

I didn't realize Woodson was doing this well since coming to GB... career highs in multiple categories. Makes me feel even better about acquiring him (especially after seeing what Clements got in a contract this year, I'd go as far to say he was a bargain).

Moses
06-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Not like Aaron is stepping in games when he gets a chance and is playing like Matt Hasselbeck did when he was in Green Bay. When Matt was here people knew that if Favre went down they had a guy that was fully capable of getting the job done. With Aaron there isn't that security and he has not given Packers fan a reason to believe he can do it either.

Rodgers has thrown 31 passes his entire NFL career, all in junk time. Any judgement you're making now is beyond premature.

elway777
06-19-2007, 11:24 PM
How is Ryan Powdrell doing in camp? Does he have a chance of getting an active roster spot?

Boston
06-20-2007, 12:42 AM
Well, according to Mark Schlerith, Aaron Kompman won't sneak up on anybody this year. ESPN blows.

Football Fan
06-20-2007, 05:59 AM
Rodgers has thrown 31 passes his entire NFL career, all in junk time. Any judgement you're making now is beyond premature.Without question its premature to pass any judgement on Rodgers good or bad, however packer fans should brace themselves for a quarterback search once Favre retires reguardless. Based on percentages its very hard to find a starting calliber quarterback at first attempt in the nfl. Ron Wolf had a rare and uncanny talent for finding QBs and the packers have been blessed by that talent during his days as gm. I kinda have the feeling Rodgers wont be the answer but it certainly isnt based on much (just that hasselbeak looked extremely good in preseason games and I havent seen that from Rodgers yet), but im glad we have him. He has had a great chance to sit back and learn the last few years which is more than many great prospects have had. That is going to give him an edge to succeed.

princefielder28
06-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Rodgers has thrown 31 passes his entire NFL career, all in junk time. Any judgement you're making now is beyond premature.

Preseason matters as well and he hasn't shown much that would suggest that he has the capabilities that exceed an average QB in the NFL.

Nitschke-Hawk
06-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Well, according to Mark Schlerith, Aaron Kompman won't sneak up on anybody this year. ESPN blows.

Haha, I thought he said Kaufman. Apparently he still isn't sneaking up on Markie...

Moses
06-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Preseason matters as well and he hasn't shown much that would suggest that he has the capabilities that exceed an average QB in the NFL.

Like I said, it's way too early. He's played 2 NFL seasons as a backup. Wait until he comes into the season as a starter before you pass judgement on him. Look how many quarterbacks took a few years of starting to develop.

PACKmanN
06-20-2007, 10:52 AM

where were you last season? the guy lit it up in preseason.

princefielder28
06-20-2007, 12:32 PM
where were you last season? the guy lit it up in preseason.

Lit it up????? Ok???? He had some decent games in the preseason but the stats can be misleading becuase Greg Jennings made big plays in the preseason and padded those stats. His most impressive game was against a Chargers' team that secondary absolutely sucked going into the preseason and he managed to throw a pick so settle down before you say he lit it up.

For every glimpse of hope there was something that made you shake your head.

TitleTown088
06-20-2007, 12:43 PM

Yeah no kidding. I'd like to know his reasoning of putting the Vikings higher than the Packers. NO pass defense or Pass rush. Oh, wow they can stop the Run, ooooo. like they said, why drive when you can fly?

Hawk
06-20-2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/06/15/1/

I didn't realize Woodson was doing this well since coming to GB... career highs in multiple categories. Makes me feel even better about acquiring him (especially after seeing what Clements got in a contract this year, I'd go as far to say he was a bargain).

i didnt realize he led the NFC in picks

PACKmanN
06-20-2007, 03:38 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/PACKmanN/jonescopy.jpg

its up for grabs, if you use it rep me and credit me.

TitleTown088
06-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Wow, ESPN insider just rated Driver as the most overrated WR in the NFL... I can't even explain how stupid that is......

Also, guess who got a honorable mention for overrated WR? Greg Jennings. The guy was a freaking rookie. What more do they expect.

Moses
06-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Wow, ESPN insider just rated Driver as the most overrated WR in the NFL... I can't even explain how stupid that is......

Also, guess who got a honorable mention for overrated WR? Greg Jennings. The guy was a freaking rookie. What more do they expect.

That's kind of random. I think that Driver is actually underrated by most. He's the epitome of consistent and has been the only thing holding that receiving core together for years now.

roughrider30
06-21-2007, 03:09 AM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/PACKmanN/jonescopy.jpg

its up for grabs, if you use it rep me and credit me.

ill take this off ur hands if u dont mind. thanks ill give ya the rep and cred

jackalope
06-21-2007, 07:34 AM
We signed our 7th rounders, I don't understand the Driver thing at all.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/06/20/1/

cuzifelt1ikeit
06-21-2007, 10:43 AM
We signed our 7th rounders, I don't understand the Driver thing at all.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/06/20/1/
you guys dont think driver is underrated? none of my friends think hes that good but i would even put him ahead of a guy like TO cuz if you look at the numbers im sure there similiar and driver has been consistently good.

you guys should check out this site www.packershome.com and register and atleast download the season highlight videos that are available. i was watching them today and i noticed kampman doing things that i havent seen done by an end since reggie white. and aj hawk hussles like no other as well. if you watch them all you can see the defense jell together as the season wraps up. the superbowl game vs the pats is also on there

TitleTown088
06-21-2007, 12:25 PM
That's kind of random. I think that Driver is actually underrated by most. He's the epitome of consistent and has been the only thing holding that receiving core together for years now.

Well ,this cat points out that he had a great number of drops and bad YAC average.

Boston
06-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Well ,this cat points out that he had a great number of drops and bad YAC average.

Umm.....what?

TitleTown088
06-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Umm.....what?

The author who wrote that Driver was overrated pointed those out for his reasoning behind him being overrated.

Boston
06-21-2007, 11:31 PM
The author who wrote that Driver was overrated pointed those out for his reasoning behind him being overrated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would say those are his strongest attributes. But, hey, can't say I expect much from ESPN anymore.

johbur
06-22-2007, 12:05 AM

That's just garbage obviously put out by an Inssider correspondent from Chicago. Jennings was very solid as a rookie, AND he was a rookie in the second round from a small school. What first rounders were better than him? Especially prior to the injury? DD has posted 1200 yards a season and gets triple teamed. What would be nice is if Jennings is healthy, Koren Robinson comes back, James Jones and David Clowney are a little bit better than average rookies and Clark Harris is closer to Chmura than he is to David Martin in catching ability. DD wouldn't see press coverage at the line, with a LB in the middle and a safety over the top than! How is that over-rated again?

S-Holes!

M1Koter
06-22-2007, 06:35 AM
what a joke, DD overrated, I'm not even gunna argue against that

The Legend
06-22-2007, 09:07 AM
funny my friends dont thinkhes underrated

i have good friend lol

The Legend
06-22-2007, 09:11 AM

kyle boller a free agent next year and i know alot of people dont like him but well i do... and i think he can be a good back up

princefielder28
06-22-2007, 09:14 AM
kyle boller a free agent next year and i know alot of people dont like him but well i do... and i think he can be a good back up

Kyle Boller showed a little bit last year in stints that he played in while McNair was a bit banged up. Ironically enough he's another one Tedford's products that hasn't translated well to the NFL, and with Aaron he could follow those same steps but hopefully not.

TitleTown088
06-22-2007, 01:32 PM
I woulda gone Vanilla with that sweater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoEGYFzS0jA

princefielder28
06-22-2007, 02:22 PM

Great stuff there!

roughrider30
06-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Great stuff there!

I woulda double bagged it

Hawk
06-23-2007, 01:57 AM
I woulda double bagged it

woah, I think I would've....BRETT

Moses
06-23-2007, 11:54 AM

Very funny.

jackalope
06-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Any idea how the kicking competition is going. Is Crosby expected to win the job?

Football Fan
06-24-2007, 08:12 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=623878

princefielder28
06-24-2007, 08:43 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=623878

Thats great to see

jackalope
06-24-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm trying to get some guys for a fantasy league. Anyone here interested?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10694

GB12
06-24-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm trying to get some guys for a fantasy league. Anyone here interested?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10694

Just to let everyone know I am planning on making one in here with just us Packer fans. The draft won't be until later though, like in August.

jackalope
06-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Just to let everyone know I am planning on making one in here with just us Packer fans. The draft won't be until later though, like in August.what site are you gonna use?

GB12
06-24-2007, 01:04 PM
what site are you gonna use?

Haven't really decided yet, but probably just Yahoo.

TitleTown088
06-24-2007, 04:22 PM
OK, i know this is almost positivly not ture, but there is nothing else to talk about. Apparently 1250 wssp of Mil town is reporting that the Packers will be bringing in a major Offensive FA before trainign camp..... Do any of you live there and have heard anything about it? I gotta call BS here but it still makes me curious because there is simply nothing else goign on.

GB12
06-24-2007, 04:24 PM
OK, i know this is almost positivly not ture, but there is nothing else to talk about. Apparently 1250 wssp of Mil town is reporting that the Packers will be bringing in a major Offensive FA before trainign camp..... Do any of you live there and have heard anything about it? I gotta call BS here but it still makes me curious because there is simply nothing else goign on.

I wasn't aware that there were any "major offensive FAs" left.

Moses
06-24-2007, 04:24 PM

What free agents are still available?

princefielder28
06-24-2007, 04:42 PM
I wasn't aware that there were any "major offensive FAs" left.

Who Knows?????

GB12
06-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Corey Dillon is all I can think of, but I doubt it.

Football Fan
06-24-2007, 10:46 PM
I live in the area and usually listen to the station when im at work, but I havent heard anything about this. If I do I will post it. Sounds like a prediction more than a fact though.

umphrey
06-24-2007, 11:24 PM
I don't really see it happening but I hope we get a TE if anyone.

Football Fan
06-25-2007, 05:44 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070624/PKR01/706240650/1989
The headline seems worse than the situation really is, but its interesting.

Football Fan
06-25-2007, 06:01 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070622/PKR01/706220523/1989
Its always interesting for me to hear what Ron Wolf has to say about packer issues.
Its impossible to say, but im going to predict Reinfeld will be taking over for Harlan. Its probably the most likely replacement so its not much of a prediction. Right now im all for it.

Football Fan
06-25-2007, 06:26 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070624/GPG0101/706240663/1989
I wonder how much this statement has to do with the lack of action in free agency from the packers.

"Weyers said the organization added $10 million to its Team Preservation Fund, which now totals $125.5 million. In previous years the Packers have said they'd like to have a year's worth of player-cost and team-operating expenses on reserve. That would be about $137 million, currently, Weyers said. "
"I'm not sure one year is adequate," he said.
Of concern is a provision in the current collective bargaining agreement that allows either side to re-open the agreement in 2008. Failure to reach a new agreement soon thereafter could lead to one or more years without player-salary caps. The Packers could probably weather a year of that, but long-term or permanent removal of salary caps could be catastrophic. Team representatives point out at every opportunity that the organization does not have a deep-pockets owner and that the salary cap is a key component in the Packers remaining competitive in the NFL.

Football Fan
06-25-2007, 06:37 AM
I live in the area and usually listen to the station when im at work, but I havent heard anything about this. If I do I will post it. Sounds like a prediction more than a fact though.
I just found this on packer chatters.

Koonce just did an interview on 1250 wssp here in Milwaukee, and as the interview was closing he said that FA isn't over yet for the Packers. The hosts questioned him about this and asked if it would be a big time player. Koonce replied that he did some checking before he left (the Packer front office) for Marquette, and he expects a big time player to become a Packer. The hosts questioned him about who it was, but he wouldn't give in. As he was hanging up they asked whether it was offense or defense, and he answered offense.

Eh, I dont think Koonce seems like a very reliable source of information. They have about 4 pages of people throwing names out there on packer chatters. Sounds like a lot of bull, but its kinda fun looking at all the talk.
http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php?showtopic=5908&st=0

TitleTown088
06-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Ya, but who?
Dillion..?http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PACKmanN
06-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Joe Klopfenstein. The Rams traded for McMichael and they have Bryd so they could trade Joe.

Ben Troupe. He a free agent next off season and the Titans are in need of some running backs and on the dline (Corey Williams on the trade block?)

Erron Kinney. He still a free agent and TT might see think he has something left. aka Charles Woodson.

thats what i think might happen.

nbarnett56
06-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Joe Klopfenstein. The Rams traded for McMichael and they have Bryd so they could trade Joe.

Ben Troupe. He a free agent next off season and the Titans are in need of some running backs and on the dline (Corey Williams on the trade block?)

Erron Kinney. He still a free agent and TT might see think he has something left. aka Charles Woodson.

thats what i think might happen.

I'm just not buying it nor can I see anything happening. Klopfenstein might be an option but I don't see Troupe. Troupe is always injured so I just can't see TT going after him.

As for Corey Williams, I don't see a need to move him. He wants to be here and we just don't know what we have with Harrell yet.

Also, everyone makes it seem like we have no TEs. Franks had an injury plagued season in which we probably held him out more so because we didn't want to rush him back in a 4-12 season. Then last year he comes in a bit rusty and wasn't used alot in the passing game. So when he got his opportunites he looked rusty. David Martin couldn't stay healthy while Donald Lee is solid. I guess I just don't see the need to go out and trade a Corey Williams for a TE that comes around every draft year like Klopfenstein and Troupe.

Oh yeah, signing Dillon is a joke. No chance that will ever happen.

PACKmanN
06-25-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm just not buying it nor can I see anything happening. Klopfenstein might be an option but I don't see Troupe. Troupe is always injured so I just can't see TT going after him.

As for Corey Williams, I don't see a need to move him. He wants to be here and we just don't know what we have with Harrell yet.

Also, everyone makes it seem like we have no TEs. Franks had an injury plagued season in which we probably held him out more so because we didn't want to rush him back in a 4-12 season. Then last year he comes in a bit rusty and wasn't used alot in the passing game. So when he got his opportunites he looked rusty. David Martin couldn't stay healthy while Donald Lee is solid. I guess I just don't see the need to go out and trade a Corey Williams for a TE that comes around every draft year like Klopfenstein and Troupe.

Oh yeah, signing Dillon is a joke. No chance that will ever happen.

Corey Williams is pissed because we drafted Harrell. He hasn't reported to any of the OTAs.

nbarnett56
06-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Corey Williams is pissed because we drafted Harrell. He hasn't reported to any of the OTAs.

Thats not true at all. I remember reading an article after the draft that said that Corey was a bit suprised that the Packers drafted Harrell but he said he still wanted to sign long term and remain a member of the Packers. He missed a few days of the OTA's because of something reguarding a family member's health. He didn't skip all of them. In fact, here it is:

Defensive tackle Corey Williams hasn't been at the Packers' voluntary organized team activities practices this week because he is in Arkansas with one of his sisters, who had a stroke over the weekend.

TitleTown088
06-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Yeah Williams was recently quoted saying he wanted to stay a Packer for good, and that was after Harrell was drafted.

TitleTown088
06-25-2007, 04:01 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/bucky_brooks/06/25/top.receivers/index.html Atleased Driver is gettign respect from SI.

PACKmanN
06-25-2007, 04:28 PM
well i have a good feeling that the person that will be in green and gold is
Erron Kinney thats the only position TT didn't address in the draft. (don't mention that 7th round TE he not worth it.)

TitleTown088
06-25-2007, 05:53 PM

This spices things up for me a little. Man, I bet TT is pooping hoover dams right now if this is true and this guy leaked it.

PACKmanN
06-25-2007, 06:32 PM

This spices things up for me a little. Man, I bet TT is pooping hoover dams right now if this is true and this guy leaked it.

he leaked nothing but an idea of something happing.

TitleTown088
06-25-2007, 07:31 PM
he leaked nothing but an idea of something happing.

Hence my use of the word " if".

nbarnett56
06-25-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm sorry to say, but I just don't anything happening. There really isn't anyone out there that I can see us trading for or anyone that we would trade for that matter. We also know TT isn't going to trade draft picks.

Larry Johnson - If we wanted him we would have traded for him in April. Remember those rumors of our #16 for him? Plus we don't really need him with our zone blocking scheme.

Daunte Culpepper - Why trade for a player who is going to be released?

PFT.com says that Corey Dillion might be an option. Again, what for? We have a stable of young RBs with alot more potential.

Say if it isn't offense, the only other player would possibly be Asante Samuel of which I would welcome a trade but I would have to ask at what cost? I don't want to give up a 1st rounder for him. Maybe a package of our 2nd, KGB (whom they can use as a pass rushing LB), Franks, maybe Hodge, and/or Manuel.

But I don't really see them wanting any of those guys....

jackalope
06-25-2007, 08:27 PM
I don't put much stock in these rumors, however I wouldn't mind brining in Kinney.

Hawk
06-25-2007, 11:00 PM
It's gonna be Taco Wallace

Pack_Attack_4
06-26-2007, 12:28 PM
what about lavar arringhton i know he was just in a moter cycle accedent, but TT really tried to get him last year so i dont think it would hurt to bring him in for the right price. Also what about a Tank johnson i know hes suspende for 8 games but if we bring him in will have sum fresh legs in there half way through the season and he could really solidify our D line witch isnt that bad allready,He could also help us by giving sum tips on how the bears on the defence.

Moses
06-26-2007, 01:13 PM
what about lavar arringhton i know he was just in a moter cycle accedent, but TT really tried to get him last year so i dont think it would hurt to bring him in for the right price. Also what about a Tank johnson i know hes suspende for 8 games but if we bring him in will have sum fresh legs in there half way through the season and he could really solidify our D line witch isnt that bad allready,He could also help us by giving sum tips on how the bears on the defence.

Arrington seems to be pretty much done and the Packers are already solidified at linebacker.

Packers already have a logjam at DT and Johnson isn't a player the Packers would want anyways.

Pack_Attack_4
06-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Arrington seems to be pretty much done and the Packers are already solidified at linebacker.

Packers already have a logjam at DT and Johnson isn't a player the Packers would want anyways.

I hear what your saying on the Tank johnson thing hes not really a packer person and we allready have a good rotation at DT, but i dont think it would hurt to bring Lavar in even if he was a back up it would be nice to have sum depth behind AJ and Poppinga.

PACKmanN
06-26-2007, 01:56 PM

no on both. Lavar is done and Tank is a dumbass.

GB12
06-26-2007, 02:14 PM
I do think that Arrington is worthless, but bringing him in for around the minimum can't hurt. He could be a nice surprise or if he's crap like expected, just cut him.

princefielder28
06-26-2007, 02:44 PM
I do think that Arrington is worthless, but bringing him in for around the minimum can't hurt. He could be a nice surprise or if he's crap like expected, just cut him.

He wouldn't be able to consider playing until '08 though due to his motorcycle accident so it's really worthless to talk about right now

Moses
06-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Problem is Packers already have a reasonable amount of depth at LB...

SLB: Poppinga, Bishop
MLB: Barnett, Hodge
WLB: Hawk, White

Those are all young players and if Arrington is brought in and makes the team that means the Packers get rid of a young defender to add an older guy that won't be around much longer and will likely rarely touch the field.

Pack_Attack_4
06-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Have u guys heard ne thing about the Nick barnett situation, Is he gonna get suspened or do u think nothing will happen?

jackalope
06-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Have u guys heard ne thing about the Nick barnett situation, Is he gonna get suspened or do u think nothing will happen?I haven't heard anything, but i doubt he gets suspended. I believe this was only his first incident.

GB12
06-26-2007, 04:34 PM
I haven't heard anything, but i doubt he gets suspended. I believe this was only his first incident.
He had something happen at his club involving alcohol last year or 2 years ago. That and this one is very minor, no suspension will be coming.

TitleTown088
06-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Have u guys heard ne thing about the Nick barnett situation, Is he gonna get suspened or do u think nothing will happen?

His case just got shipped to the DA today...

Anyways, Harrell cleared for practice..

http://tennessee.scout.com/2/654600.html

nbarnett56
06-26-2007, 06:59 PM

I don't believe he will be suspended but I feel that a fine should be issued to serve as a warning to him. He recently just had a kid, these kind of arrests should happen from new dad.

nbarnett56
06-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Anyways, Harrell cleared for practice..

http://tennessee.scout.com/2/654600.html

Awesome. Hopefully he can pick up the defense and sign on time.

Football Fan
06-27-2007, 04:21 AM
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris%5Fpoll/index.asp?PID=777
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=624376
Keep generating that revenue Favre, Harlan loves you.
Favre 1st among nfl players again.

Football Fan
06-27-2007, 04:28 AM

princefielder28
06-27-2007, 07:52 AM
The "big name" is supposedly Corey Dillon

Football Fan
06-27-2007, 08:02 AM
The "big name" is supposedly Corey DillonSource? Or just a guess?

nbarnett56
06-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Source? Or just a guess?

That was the rumor from PFT.com

To me, all this is 100% competely false talk that's going on. I don't see us bringing anyone in.

princefielder28
06-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Source? Or just a guess?

according to WLUK in Green Bay

PACKmanN
06-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Lets say that we do finish with a 7-9 or 6-10 record and TT gets fired by the new CEO who becomes the next gm for the packers?

nbarnett56
06-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Lets say that we do finish with a 7-9 or 6-10 record and TT gets fired by the new CEO who becomes the next gm for the packers?

He won't get fired.

The thing that I wish the majority of Packers fans would realize is that we were spoiled by the 12-15 years of winning in the Wolf/Favre era. We expected to win the division ever year and make the playoffs but when Sherman was handed the GM duties he gradually depleted the team.

TT came in here and fixed our cap problems along with restocking the depth back to the team. I think its unreasonalbe to expect a 2 year low and then to immediately become contenders again. Its a process and it takes time.

I for one like the direction of the team. We aren't spending alot of money to get older veterans like Marco Rivera, Grady Jackson, or Ahman Green around. Instead we are signing our key guys long term like Nick Barnett, Aaron Kampman, Cullen Jenkins, Donald Driver, and Al Harris.

Free agents that we picked up:
Ryan Pickett - Was what we expected. A big NT that can clog up the middle.

Charles Woodson - We basically needed to spend the money on him but it
was worth it so far. Had a career year.

Marquand Manuel - People don't realize that he has a cheap salary. Lets give him another chance but we can easily cut ties if we choose too. If not we have a cheap backup.

Adrian Klemm/Earl Little/Arturo Freeman - They were gap players basically aside from Klemm. In the end though, Klemm didn't work out but with us running the zone blocking scheme now it's probably best that it didn't.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that as fans, we can't expect the world of TT. We can't expect him to go out and sign top FAs or make a trade for Randy Moss. That's simply not his plan. Stick to building through the draft, building up our defense, and bringing in FAs only when we need too. Trust me, it will work out in the end and the future of the team will be benifit from it greatly.

GB12
06-27-2007, 10:56 PM
The charity softball game is on channel 32 if you have TWC, for anyone interested.

Football Fan
06-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Lets say that we do finish with a 7-9 or 6-10 record and TT gets fired by the new CEO who becomes the next gm for the packers? I really dont have any idea who would replace him. That decision depends on who would be available after at least 2 more seasons. I think Thompson will get at least 1 more year after this to prove himself. If the direction doesnt change by the end of his contract he will have wasted the last 3 years of Favres career with nothing to show for it but a dismal record and he will be gone. This year will be nothing but a practice year for the inexperienced young team and will have been Thompsons 3rd season,(8 wins tops mostly on Favres back) the following season will be crucial for Thompson to get this team in the playoffs or Harlans successor will be preesured to do something. That might be hard to do, the team will take a big step backward when Favre retires. T.T. will not be given more than 5 years to bring a team to the playoffs and shouldnt be. That type of management is for Detroit. Time will tell, Thompson obviously has a plan and he is betting his career on it. Unfortunately for him hes betting against the most durable quarterback the nfl has ever seen instead of betting on him, because he isnt planning on getting to the playoffs till Favre is long gone aparently.
That is going to take a very strong defense and good running game which is the direction he seems to have chosen for team. Hopefully the zone blocking run game works.

Boston
06-28-2007, 01:14 AM
There's a histor of cheese segment on the History Channel right now. For anyone that cares.

nbarnett56
06-28-2007, 08:00 AM
I really dont have any idea who would replace him. That decision depends on who would be available after at least 2 more seasons. I think Thompson will get at least 1 more year after this to prove himself. If the direction doesnt change by the end of his contract he will have wasted the last 3 years of Favres career with nothing to show for it but a dismal record and he will be gone. This year will be nothing but a practice year for the inexperienced young team and will have been Thompsons 3rd season,(8 wins tops mostly on Favres back) the following season will be crucial for Thompson to get this team in the playoffs or Harlans successor will be preesured to do something. That might be hard to do, the team will take a big step backward when Favre retires. T.T. will not be given more than 5 years to bring a team to the playoffs and shouldnt be. That type of management is for Detroit. Time will tell, Thompson obviously has a plan and he is betting his career on it. Unfortunately for him hes betting against the most durable quarterback the nfl has ever seen instead of betting on him, because he isnt planning on getting to the playoffs till Favre is long gone aparently.
That is going to take a very strong defense and good running game which is the direction he seems to have chosen for team. Hopefully the zone blocking run game works.

You can't build the team just to suit Favre. He is only out to break all the major passing records now. Fans may not like TT because he is building for the future but natuarally people are going to be mad not seeing "the legend" Favre have success. When we are a consistantly competitive team in 2-3 years you'll come to realize that TT made the right decisions.

umphrey
06-28-2007, 08:06 AM
I'd be surprised if they fired TT that quick. Isn't it typical for a GM to get at least 6-7 years before people start questioning him? Millen got an extension a year or two ago when the Lions were abysmal.