PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

Favre4ever
08-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Brandon Jackson seems to be running like hes afraid of something outhere...he needs to hit the holes much quicker than that. C. White looked gret against the scrubs though...

Passing game will be fine, it even hs the potential to be awsome with 3 sure handed receivers but the running game...

The Legend
08-24-2007, 08:10 AM
was watching NFLTA he think that Robinson will come back to the packers

neko4
08-24-2007, 08:12 AM
was watching NFLTA he think that Robinson will come back to the packers

and now are KR just got a boost

princefielder28
08-24-2007, 08:14 AM
My god, the running game was awful tonight. Also, the backup OL couldn't protect A-Rod to save his life. Fortunately, the defense was solid, Barnett in particular. I think Bishop is the clear favorite to be the backup MLB, now.

It was a little bit of the OL not giving Aaron enough time and on some plays Aaron holding on to the ball too long and taking a sack.

neko4
08-24-2007, 09:30 AM
whens morency get back?

princefielder28
08-24-2007, 09:56 AM
whens morency get back?

According to Rotowire Morency may be back and able to play against Tennessee in the last preseason game. He should be ready for the opener against Philadelphia.

princefielder28
08-24-2007, 10:14 AM
WOW! Just on ESPN First Take Skip Bayless and the other guy, whose name I can't remember, just said that the Packers will be lucky to go 8-8 and that Brett Favre is just playing for the records and his own personal legacy. I hate Skip!

BuckNaked
08-24-2007, 10:16 AM
WOW! Just on ESPN First Take Skip Bayless and the other guy, whose name I can't remember, just said that the Packers will be lucky to go 8-8 and that Brett Favre is just playing for the records and his own personal legacy. I hate Skip!

Well they'll have a couple of those losses considering the Vikings will go 16-0. ;)

princefielder28
08-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Well they'll have a couple of those losses considering the Vikings will go 16-0. ;)

when you do a record it is supoose to go wins and losses not losses and wins :)

TitleTown088
08-24-2007, 12:26 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070824/PKR0201/708240693/1989

Thank the lord.

Nitschke-Hawk
08-24-2007, 12:44 PM
The defense really pulled back on the aggressiveness (blitzing) in this game

I guess they're thinking if teams wanna game plan towards their best stuff they'll have to go back to the Seattle game, if they even consider it.

Judging by the defensive players reaction post game they just wanted to work on precision and execution instead of trying exotic plays like the week before. It's good to see that the first team defense can be successful during the simple defense and letting their skills take over, like Barnett kept doing, and they also can switch it up and get after the opposition with aggressiveness.

Did anybody else notice the first starters out were Hawk and Barnett?? They kept Woodson and Harris in there, and I think the whole D line. I'm not upset or anything, but I was surprised by it. It was a curveball.

neko4
08-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Found this on yahoo, not what i wanna hear...(sorry if its been posted)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AotrdoATITOv_Gvc0qxpGVH.uLYF?slug=rotowi re-onaldriverufferedpra&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy

wiscbadgerfootball
08-24-2007, 01:55 PM
eh it shouldn't be too bad but obviously not a good thing that he got hurt

TitleTown088
08-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Found this on yahoo, not what i wanna hear...(sorry if its been posted)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AotrdoATITOv_Gvc0qxpGVH.uLYF?slug=rotowi re-onaldriverufferedpra&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy

What? That's good news. Well, not good but it's not a season ender.

Boston
08-24-2007, 02:39 PM
It's good to see that we can play with teams like Jacksonville, Seattle, and Pittsburgh. Granted, it's only preseason, but we have looked very good defensively, pretty average on the ground, and I'd say good through the air.

Nitschke-Hawk
08-24-2007, 03:58 PM
http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/08/24/1/

first cuts. looks like they like paul thompson's versatility a lot. i think that terrible int by Ingle last night split the decision.

princefielder28
08-24-2007, 03:59 PM
http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/08/24/1/

first cuts. looks like they like paul thompson's versatility a lot. i think that terrible int by Ingle last night split the decision.

I wouldn't say it's a lock for Thompson to make the team, and I'm not suprised by any of the cuts.

GB12
08-24-2007, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't say it's a lock for Thompson to make the team, and I'm not suprised by any of the cuts.
Yeah, I think we probably will end up going with only Favre and Rodgers.

Twiddler
08-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I think we probably will end up going with only Favre and Rodgers.

It's probably what is best for the team. Especially when both QB's are playing at a pretty good level. It's really a shame that Ingle didn't turn out as most of us had been hoping last year. Oh well.

GB12
08-24-2007, 05:08 PM
I have some good news.

FRIDAY, Aug. 24, 2007, 5:03 p.m.
By Bob McGinn (bmcginn@journalsentinel.com)</B>

Packers 'dodged one' with Driver's injury

Wide receiver Donald Driver's foot injury doesn't appear to be serious and he is expected to play for the Green Bay Packers Sept. 9 in their regular-season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles.

"That's what we think will probably happen," Packers general manager Ted Thompson said today. "Pat (team physician Patrick McKenzie) thinks we dodged one. He said everything looks good. We'll do some additional scans just to make certain."

Driver, the team's best player the last two seasons, suffered a right foot sprain late in the second quarter last night in the Packers' 21-13 loss to Jacksonville at Lambeau Field.

He was driven from the field on a motorized cart and was unavailable to reporters after the game and today.

princefielder28
08-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Thank you God!

jackalope
08-24-2007, 06:04 PM
I was somewhat expecting Ingle to be cut before the season, but I'm surprised he was cut instead of/before Thompson.

Boston
08-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Thank you God!

Brett Favre says your welcome.

neko4
08-24-2007, 09:51 PM
I was somewhat expecting Ingle to be cut before the season, but I'm surprised he was cut instead of/before Thompson.

ingle got cut, i thought he was doing good?

Nitschke-Hawk
08-24-2007, 11:16 PM
*bows at the feet of Driver thanking him for his health*

PackerLegend
08-25-2007, 12:04 AM
1st off thank god for the Driver news.

2nd- none of the cuts were a surprise and im happy with the cuts because those guys just werent doing anything, anyways we have 76 currently because Carl-Johan Bjork who was the 77th player was put on the practice squad so he doesnt count againist the number. That means 1 more person has to be cut before Tuesday when we have to be down to 75!

anyways I only want to carry 2 QB's its Brett Favre the Iron Man what is there to worry about.

Boston
08-25-2007, 12:08 AM
I hope Birdine plays good next week and makes the team. For whatever reason, I like him, especially his name. It sounds like he's straight from the 70's or 60's.

PackerLegend
08-25-2007, 12:15 AM
I hope Birdine plays good next week and makes the team. For whatever reason, I like him, especially his name. It sounds like he's straight from the 70's or 60's.

I think it is not likely he is going to make it but maybe.

at DE we have

Kampman
KGB
Jenkins
Hunter
Montgomery
Birdine

and at DT we have

Pickett
Williams
Harrell
Cole
Jolly
Muir

now Kampman, KGB, Jenkins thats 3 and we are probably going to be carrying alot of DT Pickett, Harrell, Williams, Cole, Jolly maybe all of them and Muir gets cut. Thats 8 spots for D-Line and usually you carry 7 or 8. Williams has been playing at DE a little so he can do both like Jenkins. Montgomery is out 4-6 weeks with some knee surgery he had. I just really dont think he is making it.

jackalope
08-25-2007, 12:28 AM
I hope Birdine plays good next week and makes the team. For whatever reason, I like him, especially his name. It sounds like he's straight from the 70's or 60's.I also hope Birdine makes the team, simply because I got his autograph.

I agree that 2 QBs with one on the practice squad is the way to go.

The Legend
08-25-2007, 02:02 AM
at DE we have

Kampman
KGB
Jenkins
Hunter
Montgomery
Birdine

and at DT we have

Pickett
Williams
Harrell
Jolly
Cole
Muir

i would like to only keep 4 at each postion

Boston
08-25-2007, 02:03 AM

Cole will make the team. And hopefully Birdine. :D

TitleTown088
08-25-2007, 02:06 AM
Brett Favre says your welcome. NO ****.

Anyways, I leave for Rome tomorrow and will be unable to enjoy the remainder of the season will all of you. Trust in Favre, and let's hope some rookies can step up and make the pack a contender. If nothing else beat those damn Vikings, perhaps the bears too. Good season all, let's hope the Pack is back....

princefielder28
08-25-2007, 08:30 AM

I think we'll stick with 5 at each

Football Fan
08-25-2007, 09:48 AM
In my list of 53 players to make the team I chose hunter to make it over birdine. I was kinda in a hurry when I threw my list together but I made a small bet with a co-worker. Any way, Is birdine more likely to make the team than hunter? It seams to appear that way from what Ive read in the posts today. Also, we both picked Hodge to be cut (which I thought was interesting , but a gamble), but I picked Rory Johnson to make the team and he stuck with 5 linebackers. 3 other names he has on his list that I dont are Spencer Havner, Frank Walker and Corey White. Opinions anyone?

princefielder28
08-25-2007, 09:56 AM
I think Hunter makes the team along with Hodge.......Frank Walker and Corey White won't make the team, but Havner might.

Boston
08-25-2007, 06:06 PM
I think Hunter makes the team along with Hodge.......Frank Walker and Corey White won't make the team, but Havner might.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&statisticPositionCategory=DEFENSIVE_LINEMAN&conference=0015

Look at that. The guy's a machine. I hope he makes it over Montgomery. Although, I like Montgomery as well. :(

I wonder why he didn't play in the Jacksonville game.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?categoryId=highlights&gameId=2007081808&week=2&seasonFilter=2007

Watch at about 1:00.

"Well, Driver's the best reciever Brett has on the team, now that they lost Ferguson."

What a ******* moron.

someone447
08-25-2007, 06:26 PM
I couldn't stop laughing when that announcer said that, then he realized Ferguson was CUT and he tried to back track and realized it wasn't working so he just trailed off.

Hawk
08-25-2007, 07:56 PM
I couldn't stop laughing when that announcer said that, then he realized Ferguson was CUT and he tried to back track and realized it wasn't working so he just trailed off.

lmao, what a damn idiot

NickCollins36
08-25-2007, 08:40 PM
lmao, what a damn idiot

lmao hahaha
"Driver is there best wide reciever now that they lost ferguson...uhh wait ferguson was cut....mumble mumbles"
lmfao idiots

neko4
08-25-2007, 08:50 PM
lmao hahaha
"Driver is there best wide reciever now that they lost ferguson...uhh wait ferguson was cut....mumble mumbles"
lmfao idiots

This from the guy who said
"Playoffs? Playoffs? Nobody said anything about Playoffs!"

neko4
08-26-2007, 11:41 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=577900#post577900
Come join us,
The National Fantasy League enters its second year and needs new players to come in and be rookies. More info inside.

The Legend
08-26-2007, 09:37 PM
anyone shock how far Corey Williams has drop

1. Ryan Pickett
2. Justin Harrell
3. Johnny Jolly
4. Colin Cole
5. Corey Williams

some other depth charts from PACKERS.COM

Will Blackmon over Patrick Dendy "Dime"
Jarrett Bush over Patrick Dendy "Nickel"
James Jones over Ruvell Martin "Slot"
Junius Coston over Tony Moll "2nd Right Tackle"
Abdul Hodge over Desmond Bishop "Back Up MLB"
Marquand Manuel over Atari Bigby "SS"
Dave Rayner over Mason Crosby "K"

neko4
08-26-2007, 09:38 PM
anyone shock how far Corey Williams has drop

1. Ryan Pickett
2. Justin Harrell
3. Johnny Jolly
4. Colin Cole
5. Corey Williams

some other depth charts from PACKERS.COM, suprised

Will Blackmon over Patrick Dendy "Dime", suprised
James Jones over Ruvell Martin "Slot", suprised
Junius Coston over Tony Moll "2nd Right Tackle", suprised
Abdul Hodge over Desmond Bishop "Back Up MLB", not suprised
Marquand Manuel over Atari Bigby "SS", suprised
Dave Rayner over Mason Crosby "K", dont really care cuz they are both very good
i posted my reactions

jackalope
08-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Wow, Corey Williams at 5. I hope we're able to swing a trade for one of our DTs, but from what I heard, TT doesn't want to.

PackerLegend
08-26-2007, 11:14 PM
yea those are pretty suprising i thought Atari was now the starter?

anyways look who is the backup to Aaron Kampman, its Corey Williams so they must be planing on giving Kampman a little more of a break to help stay fresh because he played alot of downs last year.

BuckNaked
08-26-2007, 11:44 PM
NO ****.

Anyways, I leave for Rome tomorrow and will be unable to enjoy the remainder of the season will all of you. Trust in Favre, and let's hope some rookies can step up and make the pack a contender. If nothing else beat those damn Vikings, perhaps the bears too. Good season all, let's hope the Pack is back....

Sweet, TitleTown's gone.

JF4
08-27-2007, 12:29 AM
Sweet, TitleTown's gone.

Do they not have internet in Italy?

BuckNaked
08-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Do they not have internet in Italy?

not since the fiasco back in '93.

johbur
08-27-2007, 12:47 AM
I would not doubt that the Packers keep 9 DTs. I like them for 6 LBs, with Desmond Bishop the #4 LB, perhaps knocking out Hodge (IR due to patellar tendinitis?). Havner has been nice and White has had a much better year this year than last in games, not just on teams. There's a lot of roster competition this year, far more so than last year.

Nitschke-Hawk
08-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Those aren't true depth charts at all and haven't changed since the start of camp as far as I know. The most obvious thing is Harrell # 2 DT and Williams # 5. Those are obviously not correct. The right answer is the opposite.

wiscbadgerfootball
08-27-2007, 01:49 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=577900#post577900
Come join us,
The National Fantasy League enters its second year and needs new players to come in and be rookies. More info inside.

do it. 10 characters

PackerLegend
08-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Ive been hearing that we are trying to trade Colin Cole and Dave Rayner. Possible teams interested are Dallas, Giants and Falcons. Take it with a grain of salt at this time though.

According to a person familiar with the situation, GM Ted Thompson is looking to trade one of his young kickers and a defensive tackle between now and when final cuts are due on Saturday afternoon. The players being used as bait are believed to be Dave Rayner and Colin Cole. “Thompson thinks that those guys are simply too good to just release, so he’s working hard to get something done,” said the source. “If he can’t, it wouldn’t surprise me if he decides to keep both players around - even if it means carrying two kickers and six tackles.”

Boston
08-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Ive been hearing that we are trying to trade Colin Cole and Dave Rayner. Possible teams interested are Dallas, Giants and Falcons. Take it with a grain of salt at this time though.

According to a person familiar with the situation, GM Ted Thompson is looking to trade one of his young kickers and a defensive tackle between now and when final cuts are due on Saturday afternoon. The players being used as bait are believed to be Dave Rayner and Colin Cole. “Thompson thinks that those guys are simply too good to just release, so he’s working hard to get something done,” said the source. “If he can’t, it wouldn’t surprise me if he decides to keep both players around - even if it means carrying two kickers and six tackles.”

Games won in the trenches. The coaching staff believes that. I hope we don't trade Cole. Rayner, well, if we can, I say go for it.

neko4
08-27-2007, 07:39 PM
I like both these guys alot and i only wanna trade them for players who will help NOW and maybe a 7th.
From Dallas maybe Crayton?
From New York and Atlanta i dont know anyone interesting i would like
Maybe warrick dunn!

GB12
08-27-2007, 07:54 PM

I'd like to trade Rayner and keep Cole. Rayner would likely only draw a 7th rounder if anything, but it's worth a try. This part also doesn't make sense “If he can’t, it wouldn’t surprise me if he decides to keep both players around - even if it means carrying two kickers and six tackles.” Cole would only be the 5th DT. I really like the DT depth that we have and would like to keep it that way. I guess I can see where it's coming from since getting all 5 decent playing time could be hard. I believe Thompson likes the depth as much as I do though so I wouldn't count on a trade happening there.

PACKmanN
08-27-2007, 11:02 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Brandon Jackson is suffering from a concussion. Got the info from Kffl.com, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johbur
08-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Well, seeing as how Harrell is the 6th tackle, this looks like TT's first two rounds aren't up to the task this year. Jackson will hopefully come back from his concussion, if that's what he has, and play but I worry about the new NFL guidelines on concussions. Having Greg Olsen in R1 would have made this a great draft for the offense, considering Jackson and Jone in 2 and 3. Corey Williams and Cole are solid, toss in Pickett and what was the problem? Oh, and the JSOnline has Johnny Jolly graded as the best DT in 1-on-1;s and he could be starting this season. Daniel Muir has been better than Harrell for that matter.

Picking a TE wouldn't have solved the RB situation the team is in now, but either did taking an injured DT or an injured RB. TT's picks from 3+ have the potential to be as good as last year's draft. It's just have been nice if TT would have picked a guys in R1 and R2 without the injury Hx.

neko4
08-27-2007, 11:40 PM
whos been doing better on Kickoffs, rayner or crosby?

GB12
08-28-2007, 12:05 AM
whos been doing better on Kickoffs, rayner or crosby?
Rayner, but that's not saying Crosby hasn't been doing well. I mean after all Rayner did average the longest kickoffs in the league last year.

GB12
08-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Hodge likely to go on IR http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=652809

umphrey
08-28-2007, 01:19 AM
Hodge likely to go on IR http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=652809

I expected this, I think it means TT wants to keep Bishop on the roster.

jackalope
08-28-2007, 11:29 AM
How much time is Jackson expected to miss with his concussion?

PackerLegend
08-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Ryan Powdrell was put on IR.

I know this isnt that big of news really but we needed to cut 1 more or do something else to get down to the 75 player limit by today so now we are at 75.

The Green Bay Packers placed fullback Ryan Powdrell on injured reserve with a knee injury. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, made the announcement Monday.

Originally signed as a non-drafted free agent from Southern California, Powdrell appeared in two preseason games.

jpapa4490
08-28-2007, 03:00 PM
How much time is Jackson expected to miss with his concussion?

Articles are saying day to day but he'll most likely miss playing tennessee and might miss the opener against philly.

neko4
08-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Alrite, its time to see what herron can do

Favre4ever
08-28-2007, 07:20 PM
I cant wait to see Deshawn Wynn play. I liked his game a lot in college and i think he has a lot of upside, TT seems to love him as well and seems anxious to see him in game situations. Could be the wild card of the packs draft....

usmc0106
08-28-2007, 07:39 PM
I cant imagine anybody they would be trying to get from dallas except maybe marion barber or julius jones but that is not going to happen. What else would they be trying to get?

princefielder28
08-28-2007, 07:47 PM
I cant imagine anybody they would be trying to get from dallas except maybe marion barber or julius jones but that is not going to happen. What else would they be trying to get?

Dallas is deep with pass catching TEs

Twiddler
08-28-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm kind of excited to see a little of Wynn also. Now I'm not sure how it works but would practice squad be an option for him if we want to keep him around but he can't make the roster?

GB12
08-28-2007, 08:12 PM
If we trade Rayner to any team it will most likely be for picks not players.

GB12
08-28-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm kind of excited to see a little of Wynn also. Now I'm not sure how it works but would practice squad be an option for him if we want to keep him around but he can't make the roster?
I have been very unimpressed by Wynn, but yes he is eligible for the parctice squad if he clears waivers.

GB12
08-28-2007, 10:46 PM
From JSOnline Korey Hall, a sixth-round pick from Boise State, has won the fullback job.

The Legend
08-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Well, seeing as how Harrell is the 6th tackle, this looks like TT's first two rounds aren't up to the task this year. Jackson will hopefully come back from his concussion, if that's what he has, and play but I worry about the new NFL guidelines on concussions. Having Greg Olsen in R1 would have made this a great draft for the offense, considering Jackson and Jone in 2 and 3. Corey Williams and Cole are solid, toss in Pickett and what was the problem? Oh, and the JSOnline has Johnny Jolly graded as the best DT in 1-on-1;s and he could be starting this season. Daniel Muir has been better than Harrell for that matter.

Picking a TE wouldn't have solved the RB situation the team is in now, but either did taking an injured DT or an injured RB. TT's picks from 3+ have the potential to be as good as last year's draft. It's just have been nice if TT would have picked a guys in R1 and R2 without the injury Hx.

what makes you think harrell is the 6th tackle is see him listed as a starter

@ www.packers.com

jpapa4490
08-29-2007, 10:29 AM
That is from the begining of TC, Right now Pickett is a sure starter with Williams and Jolly battling it out for the other starting tackle spot. The coaches are currently trying to get Harrell back into football shape rather then deciding his playing time.

Twiddler
08-29-2007, 11:24 AM
From JSOnline

That's great. Hopefully he can keep it up along with his job and we'll have a consistent fullback in the future.

neko4
08-29-2007, 02:17 PM
I know 3 guys that will likely be on PS, what about the others
DeShawn Wynn
Tyson Thompson (is that his name? that QB, and i guess Babb got cut awhile ago)
Clark Harris

jackalope
08-29-2007, 02:57 PM
I know 3 guys that will likely be on PS, what about the others
DeShawn Wynn
Tyson Thompson (is that his name? that QB, and i guess Babb got cut awhile ago)
Clark HarrisIt's Paul Thompson. I read in WSJ today that Carlyle Holliday has spent some time with the QB coach and he'll be our #3 QB if we cut Thompson.

neko4
08-29-2007, 03:04 PM
It's Paul Thompson. I read in WSJ today that Carlyle Holliday has spent some time with the QB coach and he'll be our #3 QB if we cut Thompson.

Im willing to bet that Carlyle has more TD passes this year than rodgers, weve got to use him like Randle El!

neko4
08-29-2007, 03:29 PM
who all did we cut? (so i can post it in the cuts thread)

GB12
08-29-2007, 04:10 PM
I've read that if we put a QB on the practice squad we'll bring Ingel Martin back and forget about Thompson. Thompson got his chance and blew it, I don't think he has any future with the Packers. Also Miree is a possible cut and I'd say there's a good chance he'd end up on the PS. Here are some possibilities:

Ingel Martin
Deshawn Wynn
Brandan Miree
Tramon Williams
Clark Harris/Zac Alcorn
David Clowney
Shaun Bodiford
Corey White
Daniel Muir
Larry Birdine

You really can't pick out exactly who's going to be on it until the final 53 man roster comes out.

PackerLegend
08-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Im pretty sure Miree wouldnt be eglible for the pratice squad. he has been in the NFL since 2004 and was active 10 games last season i think you have to be active 9 or less games to be put on the PS.

PACKmanN
08-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Who would you guys rather have at FB? I like Miree better.

GB12
08-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Im pretty sure Miree wouldnt be eglible for the pratice squad. he has been in the NFL since 2004 and was active 10 games last season i think you have to be active 9 or less games to be put on the PS.

Yeah, my mistake.

Favre4ever
08-29-2007, 04:56 PM
I have been very unimpressed by Wynn, but yes he is eligible for the parctice squad if he clears waivers.

From what ive read from the coach this week, hes been impressed and he cant wait to see him in game situation, what makes you differ from him?

neko4
08-29-2007, 04:57 PM
From what ive read from the coach this week, hes been impressed and he cant wait to see him in game situation, what makes you differ from him?

the last 3 weeks he's been less than stellar in camp

PackerLegend
08-29-2007, 05:05 PM
the last 3 weeks he's been less than stellar in camp

not only the last 3 weeks but hasnt he been hurt all TC and hasnt even played in a preseason game yet

GB12
08-29-2007, 05:22 PM
not only the last 3 weeks but hasnt he been hurt all TC and hasnt even played in a preseason game yet

He's played in the preseason. Not last week, but I'm sure he did in the first one and I think he did in the second. He played very poorly when he did get a chance.

Nitschke-Hawk
08-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Wynn has barely played at all. Big week for him.

PACKmanN
08-29-2007, 07:17 PM
I would be very shocked if Wynn has an great game. The Titans have an above average front seven.

princefielder28
08-29-2007, 07:26 PM
I would be very shocked if Wynn has an great game. The Titans have an above average front seven.

I doubt they'll keep players like Haynesworth and VandenBosch in the game too long though

neko4
08-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Wynn will get to go against their scrubs, but Herron has somewhat of a chance of moving up this week, i dont want to play him for to long though. Having Morency,Jackson and Herron out would be devastating

Hawk
08-29-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm going to the game, woot!

neko4
08-29-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm going to the game, woot!

Aww lucky SOB, gimme your tickets, we're 3-0 when i go to a packer game

Hawk
08-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Aww lucky SOB, gimme your tickets, we're 3-0 when i go to a packer game

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the we have ever beat the Titans in Nashville

neko4
08-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the we have ever beat the Titans in Nashville

oh preseason, have fun, i really dread watching preseason because im always afraid someone will get hurt

Hawk
08-30-2007, 12:07 AM
the last titans/pack game I went to here(preseason) favre left at halftime to go help with katrina

Boston
08-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Today will be a big game for Birdine. If he gets 2 sacks with 5 or so tackles, I say he makes the team.

neko4
08-30-2007, 12:44 AM
Today will be a big game for Birdine. If he gets 2 sacks with 5 or so tackles, I say he makes the team.

isnt that asking a lot?

Anyway do ya think we would ever use the U-71 Package again?(except with maybe moll or coston)

Boston
08-30-2007, 01:13 AM
isnt that asking a lot?

Anyway do ya think we would ever use the U-71 Package again?(except with maybe moll or coston)

No. Birdine's the man.

GB12
08-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Off topic, but did anyone else just lose ESPN Classic? I was just watching it earlier today and now 29 is ESPN2 and 28 is the golf channel and I can't find Classic anywhere. I have Time Warner Cable by the way.

Boston
08-30-2007, 02:24 AM
Off topic, but did anyone else just lose ESPN Classic? I was just watching it earlier today and now 29 is ESPN2 and 28 is the golf channel and I can't find Classic anywhere. I have Time Warner Cable by the way.

I have Classic...

GB12
08-30-2007, 02:25 AM
So did I until a couple of hours ago, which is why I'm confused.

Boston
08-30-2007, 02:30 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=654689

It's fun reading things like these. A far cry from anything I've read about the Brewers this year.

Smokey
08-30-2007, 03:22 PM
anyways I only want to carry 2 QB's its Brett Favre the Iron Man what is there to worry about.

This is bad karma. The forum should collectively knock on wood.

neko4
08-30-2007, 03:53 PM

done

Boston
08-30-2007, 04:09 PM

Brett Favre laughs at karma.

princefielder28
08-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Anyone else in the Green Bay area notice that we don't get ESPN Classic on cable anymore????

Boston
08-30-2007, 04:26 PM

Anyone else in the Green Bay area notice that we don't get ESPN Classic on cable anymore????

I'm sure it's just you.

princefielder28
08-30-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm sure it's just you.

Sorry, I didn't notice that from before

Boston
08-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Sorry, I didn't notice that from before

The probably weren't showing enough classic Favre, so Green Bay decided to boycott ESPN Classics.

princefielder28
08-30-2007, 04:55 PM
The probably weren't showing enough classic Favre, so Green Bay decided to boycott ESPN Classics.

every 4th day of the month should be set aside to honor #4

BuckNaked
08-30-2007, 04:58 PM
every 4th day of the month should be set aside to honor #4

Yep, they should definitely decide to honor Tyler Thigpen more frequently.

princefielder28
08-30-2007, 04:59 PM

you're so funny Buck

Boston
08-30-2007, 05:04 PM

I was kind of wondering why they haven't shown any Viking super bowl victories, but then I remembered, they don't have any.

princefielder28
08-30-2007, 05:06 PM
I was kind of wondering why they haven't shown any Viking super bowl victories, but then I remembered, they don't have any.

OUCH! Burn baby burn......

BuckNaked
08-30-2007, 05:10 PM
OUCH! Burn baby burn......

Just wait until the Thigpen era begins, he'll make Brett Favre look like a little schoolgirl.

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/cfoot/1aa/payton_2006/head/29646.jpg

Just look at that face, it's the foundation of greatness.

Boston
08-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Just wait until the Thigpen era begins, he'll make Brett Favre look like a little schoolgirl.

We all know Brett plays like a school girl. Except he is a slightly modified school girl, with a surgically placed cannon where his arm used to be, and in overwhelming knowledge of the game. I won't even get into how amazing his accuracy is. Favre eat's pieces of crap like Thigpen for breakfest, and usually sees them 32 hours later.

jackalope
08-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Do you guys expect Manuel to make the team? He won't be playing tonight and I figure it's because if he gets hurt, they won't be able to trade him/will have to have an injury settlement.

GB12
08-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Do you guys expect Manuel to make the team? He won't be playing tonight and I figure it's because if he gets hurt, they won't be able to trade him/will have to have an injury settlement.
It all depends on Bigby i he proves he can start Manuel will probably be released like we did with Roman last year.

bearsfan_51
08-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Green Bay eh? That constitutes like what, 15 people?

Boston
08-30-2007, 07:05 PM

Basically. They just use CGI when showing Packer home games on television to create the illusion of 60,000 fans.

Boston
08-30-2007, 07:18 PM
If Franks keeps playing like this, I might be forced to like him again.

jackalope
08-30-2007, 07:25 PM
It's good to see Jennings getting involved in the passing game. He's been quiet in the preseason so far.

Boston
08-30-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm definately liking Bigby. He's pretty much locked up the starting job already.

GB12
08-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Noah Herron's hurt, are you kidding me

Windy
08-30-2007, 09:13 PM
does anyone remember my post right after the first day of the draft when i said james jones would be a great player?

jpapa4490
08-30-2007, 11:05 PM
I wasn't able to see the game living in minnesota and all, but how did DeShawn Wynn do, do u think he will make the team?

jackalope
08-30-2007, 11:10 PM
I wasn't able to see the game living in minnesota and all, but how did DeShawn Wynn do, do u think he will make the team?I stopped watching part way through the 3rd quarter, but from what I saw, he should be cut. He dropped 2 easy passes, and was unproductive running the ball. He did have one very nice run to pick up a 1st on 3rd and nine, where he showed some potential, but that was all. Unless he did very well in the 3rd he should be cut, but I don't think he was even playing then.

TitleTown088
08-31-2007, 11:39 AM

More like his face is a foundation for wads of male sexual fluid.

TitleTown088
08-31-2007, 11:47 AM
The amount of limp wristed men in Chicago is probably greater than the entire population of Green bay. Interesting.

jackalope
08-31-2007, 05:06 PM
We need some more guys for a survival league. Anyone interested?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11860

The Legend
08-31-2007, 06:21 PM
Adam Schefter Reports On NFL Network

"packers are going to be looking to trade for a Running Back"

"packers are going to be trading one of there Kickers"

bearsfan_51
08-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Why would anyone trade for a kicker?

GB12
08-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Manuel will not be a Packer, Bigby to start http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=655537

jackalope
08-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Manuel will not be a Packer, Bigby to start http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=655537I can't say I'm very surprised.

GB12
09-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Less than 18 hours until final cuts, so here it goes.

QB - Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers
----Favre is the unquestioned starter, Rodgers is the future. In our situation there is no need for a third. And really when you think about it there is no advantage in keeping your third QB on the active roster than on the practice squad.

RB - Brandon Jackson, Vernand Morency, Noah Herron, Deshawn Wynn
----With the injury to Morency, Jackson appears to be the starter. Either way those two will split carries. Then Herron is the clear choice for the third spot in my opinion. Wynn has been very unimpressive but he does have the physical tools which might just keep him on the team.

FB - Korey Hall, Brandon Miree
----Coaches made it pretty obvious that they like Hall more than Miree. However Miree has a year of experience in Green Bay and Hall hasn't played FB since highschool. While it's not ideal to have to keep 2 FBs it might be the best option.

WR - Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Ruvell Martin, Carlyle Holliday
----I think we only go with 5 though it is definitely a possibility that it could be 6. Driver as our best offensive player is obviously first. Then Jennings keeps his number 2 role from last year. With an outstanding preseason James Jones has more than wrapped up third. Martin and Holliday round out the reciecers.

TE - Bubba Franks, Donald Lee, Zac Alcorn
----Bubba Franks has looked like his old self in the preseason. Lee hasn't been spectacular, but decent none the less. Zac Alcorn only makes the team by default. No one behind Franks and Lee really deserve a roster spot, but having at least 3 tight ends is a must.

OL - Chad Clifton, Darryn Colledge, Scott Wells, Jason Spitz, Mark Tauscher, Tony Moll, Allen Barbre, Junius Coston
----I think my choices are self explainatory so I'll just say why I only chose to keep 8. Our line is very versital. Colledge can play guard and tackle, Spitz can play guard and center, Moll and Barbre can play guard and tackle. We are prepared if someone goes down at any position. We don't need to keep a lineman behind each of our starters.

DE - Aaron Kampman, Cullen Jenkins, Muhammed-Kabeer Olarewaju Gbaja-Biamila, Mike Montgomery, Larry Birdine
----Kampman is a top tier defensive end in this league. Jenkins ended the year strong, but still hasn't reached his potential. KGB should be more effective than last year as he goes back to being just a pass rush specialist. Mike Montgomery will make the team despite being injured. Keeping 6 is too much, even 5 is pushing it. That leaves Jason Hunter and Larry Birdine. I choose to go with Birdine. I don't know what it is but there's just something about him. He has a no quit mentality.

DT - Ryan Pickett, Corey Williams, Johnny Jolly, Colin Cole, Justin Harrell, Daniel Muir
----Pickett is still solid, Williams is as well. Johnny Jolly has climbed way up the depth chart from barely any playing time to possibly starting. Colin Cole probably won't repeat his 2006 year, but will be solid in the rotation. Harrell hasn't had the impact that first round picks usually do, but it was to be expected that he'd need time to fully recover. Muir joins an already very crowded position, but I don't think we can just let this guy walk. I really love the depth we have at this postion. I feel that we could throw any combination of the two on the field and be effective.

LB - AJ Hawk, Nick Barnett, Brady Poppinga, Desmond Bishop, Tracey White, Rory Johnson
----Hodge would make it 6, but he looks to be put on IR. Bishop takes over Hodge's spot and might have even if he wasn't injured. White is a spectacular special team and if nothing else will be a contributer there. Rory Johnson gets a spot due to Hodge. He gets kept purely based on potential.

CB - Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Jarrett Bush, Will Blackmon, Patrick Dendy
----Bush has taken the nickelback job and ran with it. Blackmon or Dendy will take the rarely used dimeback, I'd say Blackmon gets it at least to start the season. Frank Walker didn't show me that he deserved a spot.

S - Nick Collins, Atari Bigby, Charlie Peprah, Aaron Rouse
----Bigby will step right in week one and we'll see what he really has against the Eagles. Peprah was less than decent to start but I've liked what I saw the past couple weeks. I still really don't like Rouse but as a first day pick he's not going anywhere.

Specialists - Mason Crosby, John Ryan, Rob Davis
----I see Crosby edging out Rayner. He has been more accurate and has just as strong a leg. No one's taking Ryan's or Davis' job

princefielder28
09-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Can't complain too much about the roster you just put out there

Twiddler
09-01-2007, 08:58 AM

Shhhh, keep that quiet. We want to try and pull a fast one on one of our fellow teams lacking a quality kicker. Evil, I know.

Good roster GB12, not much that I disagree with although I'm 50/50 on whether Wynn will make the roster. He might be nice to have in case we keep having injury problems with most of our backs but it's a tough situation from him and TT.

jackalope
09-01-2007, 10:08 AM
I think I agree with the entire list other than Wynn making it.

GB12
09-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I really didn't want to put Wynn on it but I think we'll keep 4 RBs. Hopefully we'll try to get Pierre Thomas, Wali Lundy, or Gary Russel off waivers.

neko4
09-01-2007, 11:40 AM

because dallas has martin gramatica, anyway hows about this trade?

Dave Rayner & either Jolly or Cole for Julius Jones?

Also i dont think we'll keep Muir and is Clowney gonna be on PS?

GB12
09-01-2007, 11:52 AM

Also i dont think we'll keep Muir and is Clowney gonna be on PS?

Dallas runs a 3-4 so they probably aren't interested in our tackles.

Thompson and McCarthy have said that they want to keep the best 53. Muir has been better than other options for those final spots. I know that 11 DL is excessive but I don't think that spot could be better spent.

I expect Clowney to be signed to the practice squad. He is not ready to contribute in an NFL game as a reciever and didn't win the return job. A year on the PS should do good for him. Basically like being redshirted and hopefully he can bulk up a bit in the offseason.

Boston
09-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Less than 18 hours until final cuts, so here it goes.

QB - Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers
----Favre is the unquestioned starter, Rodgers is the future. In our situation there is no need for a third. And really when you think about it there is no advantage in keeping your third QB on the active roster than on the practice squad.

RB - Brandon Jackson, Vernand Morency, Noah Herron, Deshawn Wynn
----With the injury to Morency, Jackson appears to be the starter. Either way those two will split carries. Then Herron is the clear choice for the third spot in my opinion. Wynn has been very unimpressive but he does have the physical tools which might just keep him on the team.

FB - Korey Hall, Brandon Miree
----Coaches made it pretty obvious that they like Hall more than Miree. However Miree has a year of experience in Green Bay and Hall hasn't played FB since highschool. While it's not ideal to have to keep 2 FBs it might be the best option.

WR - Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Ruvell Martin, Carlyle Holliday
----I think we only go with 5 though it is definitely a possibility that it could be 6. Driver as our best offensive player is obviously first. Then Jennings keeps his number 2 role from last year. With an outstanding preseason James Jones has more than wrapped up third. Martin and Holliday round out the reciecers.

TE - Bubba Franks, Donald Lee, Zac Alcorn
----Bubba Franks has looked like his old self in the preseason. Lee hasn't been spectacular, but decent none the less. Zac Alcorn only makes the team by default. No one behind Franks and Lee really deserve a roster spot, but having at least 3 tight ends is a must.

OL - Chad Clifton, Darryn Colledge, Scott Wells, Jason Spitz, Mark Tauscher, Tony Moll, Allen Barbre, Junius Coston
----I think my choices are self explainatory so I'll just say why I only chose to keep 8. Our line is very versital. Colledge can play guard and tackle, Spitz can play guard and center, Moll and Barbre can play guard and tackle. We are prepared if someone goes down at any position. We don't need to keep a lineman behind each of our starters.

DE - Aaron Kampman, Cullen Jenkins, Muhammed-Kabeer Olarewaju Gbaja-Biamila, Mike Montgomery, Larry Birdine
----Kampman is a top tier defensive end in this league. Jenkins ended the year strong, but still hasn't reached his potential. KGB should be more effective than last year as he goes back to being just a pass rush specialist. Mike Montgomery will make the team despite being injured. Keeping 6 is too much, even 5 is pushing it. That leaves Jason Hunter and Larry Birdine. I choose to go with Birdine. I don't know what it is but there's just something about him. He has a no quit mentality.

DT - Ryan Pickett, Corey Williams, Johnny Jolly, Colin Cole, Justin Harrell, Daniel Muir
----Pickett is still solid, Williams is as well. Johnny Jolly has climbed way up the depth chart from barely any playing time to possibly starting. Colin Cole probably won't repeat his 2006 year, but will be solid in the rotation. Harrell hasn't had the impact that first round picks usually do, but it was to be expected that he'd need time to fully recover. Muir joins an already very crowded position, but I don't think we can just let this guy walk. I really love the depth we have at this postion. I feel that we could throw any combination of the two on the field and be effective.

LB - AJ Hawk, Nick Barnett, Brady Poppinga, Desmond Bishop, Tracey White, Rory Johnson
----Hodge would make it 6, but he looks to be put on IR. Bishop takes over Hodge's spot and might have even if he wasn't injured. White is a spectacular special team and if nothing else will be a contributer there. Rory Johnson gets a spot due to Hodge. He gets kept purely based on potential.

CB - Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Jarrett Bush, Will Blackmon, Patrick Dendy
----Bush has taken the nickelback job and ran with it. Blackmon or Dendy will take the rarely used dimeback, I'd say Blackmon gets it at least to start the season. Frank Walker didn't show me that he deserved a spot.

S - Nick Collins, Atari Bigby, Charlie Peprah, Aaron Rouse
----Bigby will step right in week one and we'll see what he really has against the Eagles. Peprah was less than decent to start but I've liked what I saw the past couple weeks. I still really don't like Rouse but as a first day pick he's not going anywhere.

Specialists - Mason Crosby, John Ryan, Rob Davis
----I see Crosby edging out Rayner. He has been more accurate and has just as strong a leg. No one's taking Ryan's or Davis' job

I like this roster. I love Muir and Birdine, and I hope we don't let them walk. I also think Frank Walker will make the team after his Tennessee game.

neko4
09-01-2007, 11:59 AM

Thompson and McCarthy have said that they want to keep the best 53. Muir has been better than other options for those final spots. I know that 11 DL is excessive but I don't think that spot could be better spent.

I expect Clowney to be signed to the practice squad. He is not ready to contribute in an NFL game as a reciever and didn't win the return job. A year on the PS should do good for him. Basically like being redshirted and hopefully he can bulk up a bit in the offseason.

Well could they play DE? They have the size
And Clowney has alot of potential so PS should do good for him

FLORIDA PACKER
09-01-2007, 12:09 PM

They have Jason Ferguson starting at NT though which is kind of suprising to me, as he's not the prototypical 330+ pound NT you usually see clogging up a 3-4. I haven't seen much of him so i can't say anything about his skill set(perhaps a Dallas and/or Jets fan could shed some light), so perhaps this could bode well for them going after our large bodied buddy from Iowa, Colin Cole?

GB12
09-01-2007, 12:10 PM
I like this roster. I love Muir and Birdine, and I hope we don't let them walk. I also think Frank Walker will make the team after his Tennessee game.
I just feel that it's not enough and too late. He did go from no chance to on the bubble though. I could see him make it, but I hope it's not instead of the other guys I listed. That's a situation that might take out one of the DL.

Well could they play DE? They have the size
And Clowney has alot of potential so PS should do good for him
No, they're 4-3 DTs. Colin Cole might be able to pull it off but wouldn't be too effective there even if he could. I can't see Dallas having any interest in them. The Colts are real thin at DT so if a trade happens that's probably most likely.

Football Fan
09-01-2007, 01:48 PM
This is the way Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee journal sentinal see's it.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=655554

GB12
09-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Craig Nall was cut, we should get him to be our 3rd QB.

Seriously.

neko4
09-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Craig Nall was cut, we should get him to be our 3rd QB.

Seriously.

why not, he knows Driver, Bubba, Clifton and Tauscher
But what does Indy have that we want?

GB12
09-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Among the players released by the Packers were safety Marquand Manuel, kicker Dave Rayner and two 2007 draft picks: wide receiver David Clowney and tight end Clark Harris.
Also released were tight end Zac Alcorn, defensive end Larry Birdine, wide receiver Shaun Bodiford, cornerback Patrick Dendy, wide receiver Chris Francies, linebacker Tim Goodwell, linebacker Spencer Havner, linebacker Rory Johnson, guard Travis Leffew, fullback Brandon Miree, safety Alvin Nnabufie, wide receiver Calvin Russell, guard Adam Stenavich, tackle Orrin Thompson, quarterback Paul Thompson and running back Corey White.

I'm not too happy about Dendy and Birdine being cut, the rest looks fine. We also traded for Giants RB Ryan Grant.

bearsfan_51
09-01-2007, 06:16 PM

Wow.......wow......

princefielder28
09-01-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm not too happy about Dendy and Birdine being cut, the rest looks fine. We also traded for Giants RB Ryan Grant.

I would have preferred Walker get cut instead of Dendy

jackalope
09-01-2007, 08:12 PM
I would have preferred Walker get cut instead of DendyAgreed. Otherwise, I'm not too surprised by the cuts.

Surprised to hear Nall get cut too.

GB12
09-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Agreed. Otherwise, I'm not too surprised by the cuts.

Surprised to hear Nall get cut too.
With Losman and Trent Edwards he didn't have a future with the Bills.

Boston
09-01-2007, 08:58 PM
God damn. I hope we can snag Birdine on the PS, but I'm not counting on it...

neko4
09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Wow.......wow......

go away, many people in dallas are unhappy w/ Julius' play, rayner is a better Kicker than Dramatica, and the cowboys need DL help, i was throwing it out there a bit, but its possible

SuperKevin
09-02-2007, 01:45 AM
Why did the Packers trade a future draft choice to the Giants for Ryan Grant? Grant would have been cut anyway and he's not exactly an upgrade over any of the guys they have right now. Also I'm shocked that they cut Paul Thompson who I thought did a great job this preseason

GB12
09-02-2007, 02:07 AM
Why did the Packers trade a future draft choice to the Giants for Ryan Grant? Grant would have been cut anyway and he's not exactly an upgrade over any of the guys they have right now. Also I'm shocked that they cut Paul Thompson who I thought did a great job this preseason
Yeah, I don't understand the Grant trade myself. It's sounding like it was a 7th rounder so not a huge deal. As for Thompson he looked very good the first game and then alright the second which is why he outlasted Ingel Martin. The third preseason game he absolutely blew any chance he had. I was fully expecting the cut.

neko4
09-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Im still shocked we cut Dendy

GB12
09-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Im still shocked we cut Dendy
There were signs so it didn't surprise me I was just hoping we weren't going to.

Nitschke-Hawk
09-02-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm gonna miss Dendy. He stepped up and saved us in the secondary last year. He was soooo much better than Carroll played towards the end. Just a great person too. Say PAT DENDY loudly with a southern accent and you'll miss him too, lol. A great example of what hard work can do for the NFL career. This guy made himself into an NFL player. I believe he had one of the pick sixes in the 2nd game against the Bears last year, I know he had the INT just can't remember if it was a TD. Nick Collins had the other.

I also thought Brandon Miree was in our plans. I thought he was still gonna start. But I guess they think very highly of Korey Hall. Which is another camp surprise I wrote about on here. I don't know how he turned into a Full Back this fast after playing linebacker in College. I mean look at Brady Poppinga. He played Defensive End until his Senior year. Switched to Linebacker, and THEN got drafted to the NFL. After two seasons being on a roster he developed himself into a solid player.

TitleTown088
09-02-2007, 11:29 AM

If the Packers cut Grant before a certain time he will not cost them a draft pick. He will simply be released..... If they dont decide to claim anyone else off the waiver wire then he will cost them a draft pick

The conditions for the trade were undisclosed, but most such deals specify the player must remain on the new team's roster for at least several games for the trading team to receive the pick. In this case, the pick probably is a seventh-rounder.

They no doubt looked hard at available running backs Saturday night — they have until 11 a.m. today to make any waiver claims —

bearsfan_51
09-02-2007, 01:01 PM
go away, many people in dallas are unhappy w/ Julius' play, rayner is a better Kicker than Dramatica, and the cowboys need DL help, i was throwing it out there a bit, but its possible

Yeah great possibility. I'm sure they would trade a quality runningback for a kicker that you just cut for nothing.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-02-2007, 02:23 PM
I'd say this season will be a hit or miss meaning 10-6 or 6-10

GB12
09-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Noah Herron out for the season, placed on IR.

GB12
09-02-2007, 02:29 PM
David Clowney
Chris Francies
Clark Harris
Spencer Havner
Orrin Thompson
Paul Thompson
Corey White

Have all signed Practice Squad contracts, we have one spot left.

Visholm
09-02-2007, 02:43 PM
What about Rory Johnson.. isn't he worth keeping on the practice squad??

GB12
09-02-2007, 02:47 PM
I'd assume the final spot's open for Birdine if he clears waivers. If not Rory Johnson would be a candidate.

jackalope
09-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Noah Herron out for the season, placed on IR.That really sucks. Is signing Antonio Pittman a possibility?

I like our list of practice squad players, hope we can add Birdine.

neko4
09-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Is Corey Dillon still a FA, we should call him up

Edit- just remebered he retired

RockJock07
09-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Pittman wouldn't hurt. At this point, the pack needs all the help they can get in the backfield. this season is going to hinge on the RB situation and if they can get any production out of it. Brett is going to throw 60+ times in alot of games this season in order to generate enough offense.

Crosby was kept, not really surprised, hope he can handle the weather in december when kicking the ball will be like kicking a brick, but I'm excited to see him with the team.

I'm also really excited about this defense, it seems like it's gonna be stout but they have some TOUGH games against some pretty damn good teams. Chargers, Broncos and even the rams in STL. The pack should be 2-2 at the least going into the first bear game maybe even 3-1 depending on the Eagle game. But their 2nd half is gonna be rough, in a 5 week span, they are on the road for 4, it will be interesting to see what happens with Dallas.

Overall i'm ready for this season to begin so we can see what kind of team we have here.

PACKmanN
09-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Will Demps anyone? Maybe we should give him a shot and if Bigby doesn't plan out we always have him.

Vince Lombardi
09-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Will Demps anyone? Maybe we should give him a shot and if Bigby doesn't plan out we always have him.

It doesn't really work like that. We'd have to cut somebody from the active roster in order to bring in a player with no experience in our defense. Don't count on it...

Antonio Pittman is an interesting option. If they can get him off waivers, and they like him better, they could dump Ryan Grant who they just traded for. Mike Bell is another name that's being floated out there as a possible target for GB.

The Green Bay Packers claimed fullback John Kuhn on waivers, placed running back Noah Herron on injured reserve and signed seven players to the practice squad today.

General Manager Ted Thompson announced the moves at an afternoon news conference

Kuhn, a second-year pro from Shippensburg (Pa.), was claimed on waivers from Pittsburgh. He played nine games with the Steelers in 2006 and spent the 2005 season on the team’s practice squad.

I don't know anything about this guy, so we'll see...

wiscbadgerfootball
09-02-2007, 08:25 PM
hmm.. doesn't that mean we have 3 fullbacks? seems like 1 too many

vince you want a new packers sig?

Vince Lombardi
09-02-2007, 08:28 PM
hmm.. doesn't that mean we have 3 fullbacks? seems like 1 too many

vince you want a new packers sig?

I believe we only have Hall and Kuhn. Corey White is on the practice squad and Miree was cut.

And yea, hook a brother up! AJ Hawk if you can, otherwise whatever you want. thx

GB12
09-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Hm, Shippensburg. Rob Davis is the only other player that I know of that went there.

wiscbadgerfootball if you're taking requests I'd like to get in line. Someone else was supposed to make me one, but I never heard back from him.

wiscbadgerfootball
09-02-2007, 08:33 PM
alright I'll make vince's then I'll get back to you when I'm ready to take another request

GB12
09-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Alright, thanks. There's no hurry so do it when ever you want.

GB12
09-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Thompson said the team expressed interest in signing defensive end Larry Birdine to its practice squad, but Birdine wanted to sign with a team that wasn't carrying 11 defensive linemen as the Packers are.
Looks like a no go.

PACKmanN
09-02-2007, 10:12 PM
what ever happened to that DE we had but cut last year and he was a rookie, his last name started with a T.

PACKmanN
09-02-2007, 10:56 PM
http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/09/02/1/ some good news.

TitleTown088
09-03-2007, 04:05 AM
That really sucks. Is signing Antonio Pittman a possibility?

No, he went to the Rams.

princefielder28
09-03-2007, 09:27 AM
http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/09/02/1/ some good news.

some relief in sight

cordscords
09-03-2007, 11:26 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing Kevan Barlow. He's useful in short yardage situations.

PACKmanN
09-03-2007, 03:38 PM
the Cards just let Ben Patrick go, will he be the guy we bring in for the 3rd TE spot?

GB12
09-03-2007, 03:43 PM
the Cards just let Ben Patrick go, will he be the guy we bring in for the 3rd TE spot?

Nope, we had multiple chances to get him and passed everytime. Also there has to be something wrong with him since he slipped to the 7th and can't make it on the Cardinals.

jackalope
09-03-2007, 03:44 PM
We signed TE Ryan Krause to our practice squad.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/09/03/1/

jpapa4490
09-03-2007, 11:01 PM
what ever happened to that DE we had but cut last year and he was a rookie, his last name started with a T.

Dave Tollefson, he was signed by the raiders but i dunno if he is still with them

jackalope
09-04-2007, 07:11 AM
GB12, I think Jolly is 97. 93 was Birdine.

GB12
09-04-2007, 08:47 AM
GB12, I think Jolly is 97. 93 was Birdine.
He is now 97, 93 was from last year.

Football Fan
09-04-2007, 10:24 AM
The vegas line on the packer - eagle game is philly by 3 withh 44 points scored. I thought it would be around 7.
I remember princefielder asking about this like a month ago, so I figured I would post it.

princefielder28
09-04-2007, 11:37 AM
The vegas line on the packer - eagle game is philly by 3 withh 44 points scored. I thought it would be around 7.
I remember princefielder asking about this like a month ago, so I figured I would post it.

yeah......thanks

I would think that the point spread would be under

Football Fan
09-04-2007, 02:27 PM
yeah......thanks

I would think that the point spread would be underDo you mean total points under 44 or the eagles giving less than 3 points. (I think its obvious what you mean but im just making sure). If you meant under 44 points scored I would agree, both teams have a good defense.

The Legend
09-04-2007, 10:29 PM
how did Will Blackmon fall to the 4th string on kick and punt returns

PackerLegend
09-04-2007, 11:36 PM

i don't know i was looking at that to and it has to be wrong because i thought McCarthy said he was our starter. Only thing i can really think of is because he had a slight break in his thumb, but i thought that was suppose to be gone by week 1 and i don't think it would matter on depth chart.

Football Fan
09-05-2007, 01:56 AM
Here is a partial explanation fron JS online:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=656100

Football Fan
09-05-2007, 02:12 AM
What a nightmare, hopefully the running backs stay healthy the rest of the season, I hate to see a repeat of 05.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=657349

Football Fan
09-05-2007, 02:37 AM
This is an interesting article. Aikman says the bears will take the north by the same margin of wins as last year and has picked them to go to the superbowl again.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=657401

PACKmanN
09-05-2007, 03:46 PM

I heard because he wearing a cast now so he cant hold onto balls.

cordscords
09-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I havent really kept a close eye on Justin Harrell. How has our 1st rounder looked?

Football Fan
09-06-2007, 02:11 AM
I havent really kept a close eye on Justin Harrell. How has our 1st rounder looked?He may be inactive for the first game. The team kept 6 defensive tackles I believe and at this point Harell isnt as good as the others.
I really have no problem with that as long as he continues to get better. The d-line is in great shape so the packers have the luxury of waiting for him to develope.

Football Fan
09-06-2007, 02:19 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070905/PKR01/709050688/1989

johbur
09-06-2007, 03:43 AM
I havent really kept a close eye on Justin Harrell. How has our 1st rounder looked?

He would look a lot better if he were a TE or a SS. So far, has been a wasted pick for 2007, but if he keeps progressing with his health and conditioning, could be a guy that takes off for 2008. Johnny Jolly slipped due to injury and looks really good this year after taking 2006 off for the most part. I would have liked Harrell a lot more in the later rounds, but supposedly he was going in the early twenties. Sad that we're so stocked at DT and could have used a Greg Olsen or a SS, though Bigby has looked pretty good.

GB12
09-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Packers' Jennings added to injury report

Already struggling with injuries at running back, the Green Bay Packers got some bad news on Thursday when wide receiver Greg Jennings left practice early with a hamstring injury.

It is not known how serious the injury is. Jennings was in the locker room in the period open to the media. He limped only slightly and had no bandages or wraps on the leg.

Sounds like he'll play, but still not good.

neko4
09-06-2007, 09:41 PM
whens DD get back?

jackalope
09-06-2007, 09:52 PM
whens DD get back?From what I've heard, he'll play Sunday.

princefielder28
09-06-2007, 11:21 PM
After seeing the Saints struggle tonight the NFC just got that much tighter

Football Fan
09-07-2007, 02:38 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=658314

Interesting numbers in this article.

Pack_Attack_4
09-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Jackson, Driver Probable; Morency, Jennings Questionable

Vince Lombardi
09-07-2007, 07:36 PM
After seeing the Saints struggle tonight the NFC just got that much tighter

The Saints defense is still crap, but I wouldn't expect their offense to play that poorly all year. I'd expect them to start lighting teams up again sooner rather than later.

Football Fan
09-08-2007, 02:32 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=658777
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070907/PKR01/70907205/1989

The Legend
09-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Every Brett Favre Pass & Touchdown EVER
http://data.jsonline.com/sports/favre/FavreTouchdowns.aspx

52 Touchdowns Vs Bears
49 Touchdowns Vs Lions
49 Touchdowns Vs Vikings
150 Touchdowns Vs NFC North

Sterling Sharpe
Height: 6-0 Weight: 210 Age: 42
Born: 4/6/1965 Chicago, IL
College: South Carolina
Experience: 7 Seasons (3 With Brett Favre)

1992: 108, 1461, 13
1993: 112, 1274, 11
1994: 094, 1119, 18
Total: 314, 3954, 42

Antonio Freeman
Height: 6-1 Weight: 200 Age: 35
Born: 5/27/1972 Baltimore , MD
College: Virginia Tech
Experience: 9 Seasons

Total: 477, 7251, 61

Donald Driver
Height: 6-0 Weight: 200 Age: 32
Born: 2/2/1975 Houston , TX
College: Alcorn State
Experience: 9th season
High School: Milby HS

Total: 421, 5929, 36

Heres A Note Favre Has Thrown 12 TD Vs Eagles
Non Of The Players Are On The Roster Now...

Football Fan
09-09-2007, 02:20 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=656062

princefielder28
09-09-2007, 07:42 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=656062

I think too many people are sleeping on Seattle; the team has a very nice defense and enough weapons on offense to be a big time facor in the NFC title race

Pack_Attack_4
09-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Did u guys happen to see who are captins were?

GB12
09-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Did u guys happen to see who are captins were?

Favre, Harris, and Davis I think.

neko4
09-10-2007, 05:32 PM
I think our odds against NY look good.
I think if KGB can get back there he can harrass the slow Lorenzon.
Dallas didnt hve Tnew so theyre duo wasnt as good as ours is gonna be this week and Roy was terrible in coverage, where as Atari and Collins are better.

And is Osi playing?

Hawk
09-10-2007, 06:02 PM
I think our odds against NY look good.
I think if KGB can get back there he can harrass the slow Lorenzon.
Dallas didnt hve Tnew so theyre duo wasnt as good as ours is gonna be this week and Roy was terrible in coverage, where as Atari and Collins are better.

And is Osi playing?

I don't think Osi is playing. I think our chances are pretty good, but we still need to play better.

princefielder28
09-10-2007, 06:03 PM
I don't think Osi is playing. I think our chances are pretty good, but we still need to play better.

Osi will be OUT against Green Bay

PackerLegend
09-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Osi will be OUT against Green Bay

and Eli Manning and Brandon Jacobs are both suppose to be out as well! plus there starting FB went on IR before the season started.

neko4
09-10-2007, 06:13 PM
and Eli Manning and Brandon Jacobs are both suppose to be out as well! plus there starting FB went on IR before the season started.
I dont want to count my chickens but dang
I hate to win games this way, where theyre all hurt, but if we win I wont complain a bit

jackalope
09-10-2007, 06:16 PM
and Eli Manning and Brandon Jacobs are both suppose to be out as well! plus there starting FB went on IR before the season started.Wow, quit a few injuries for NY. I didn't even hear that Eli got hurt. What happened?

GB12
09-10-2007, 06:18 PM
I dont want to count my chickens but dang
I hate to win games this way, where theyre all hurt, but if we win I wont complain a bit

I would have expected us to win even if they all played, this just makes it easier.

neko4
09-10-2007, 06:20 PM
I would have expected us to win even if they all played, this just makes it easier.
Same here
Anyway i guess i'll do a quick head to head matchup thingy...

QB-GB
RB-GB(if morency is back)
WR-Tie
TE-NYG
OL-Tie(Based on last week, we looked pretty bad)

DL-GB
LB-GB
DB-GB

ST-GB

Nitschke-Hawk
09-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Surely it gives us an advantage and I really like our chances but we need to consider our guys too. We beat the Eagles without Morency and Jennings and nothing's for sure with them this week. To be a great team you need to catch breaks during some seasons and hopefully this works in our favor.

jackalope
09-10-2007, 09:32 PM
With Manning out Lorenzen (the hefty-lefty) is expected to start. I like our chances this week. I thought we could win this one before I knew Manning, Jacobs, and Osi won't play.

Sportsfan486
09-10-2007, 09:49 PM
With Manning out Lorenzen (the hefty-lefty) is expected to start. I like our chances this week. I thought we could win this one before I knew Manning, Jacobs, and Osi won't play.

Yeah, if we lose to the hefty-lefty.. a backup to a backup running back.. it would be mucho sad. Should be an easy win.

The Legend
09-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Packers 2-0 would be HUGE

its been 6 years senice we started 2-0

and in our 2nd game was a shout out

neko4
09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Packers 7 Round Mock
1-Antoine Cason CB Arizona: If he's given a year to be the nickel and develop he could be good

2-Martin Rucker TE Missouri: He might not be here at this point but any of the top 3 or 4 TE's will do. Even if Bubba has a comeback year he wont last long anyway.

3-Chauncey Washington HB USC: If Morency doesnt fill the need of being a power back I like Chauncey here.

4-Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech: I like his pass rushing ability (255 pounds, 4.75 forty)

5-Andrew Bain OG The U: EIther Scott got his numbers wrong or he's really 340 pounds and runs a 5.15. Hopefully his 40 translates into good quickness.

6-Todd Blythe WR Iowa St: An underated WR, has great size.

7-Dennis Dixon QB Oregon: Good speed and size. Arm has alot to be desired.

GB12
09-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Packers 7 Round Mock
1-Antoine Cason CB Arizona: If he's given a year to be the nickel and develop he could be good

2-Martin Rucker TE Missouri: He might not be here at this point but any of the top 3 or 4 TE's will do. Even if Bubba has a comeback year he wont last long anyway.

3-Chauncey Washington HB USC: If Morency doesnt fill the need of being a power back I like Chauncey here.

4-Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech: I like his pass rushing ability (255 pounds, 4.75 forty)

5-Andrew Bain OG The U: EIther Scott got his numbers wrong or he's really 340 pounds and runs a 5.15. Hopefully his 40 translates into good quickness.

6-Todd Blythe WR Iowa St: An underated WR, has great size.

7-Dennis Dixon QB Oregon: Good speed and size. Arm has alot to be desired.
Woah, where'd you get the idea that Morency was supposed to be a power back? He is definitely not. Infact he's quite the opposite, out of the two Jackson has more power.

Not bad though, mainly just filling needs which is all you can really do at this point in the season..

neko4
09-12-2007, 08:43 PM
I just think morency has better size to be a power back, but i guess size isnt always what matters

that last statement was funny

GB12
09-12-2007, 10:16 PM
WITI-TV, GREEN BAY -- The Green Bay Packers signed quarterback Dalton Bell and guard Cameron Stephenson to their practice squad on Tuesday, releasing tight end Clark Harris and quarterback Paul Thompson.
Me encantan los burritos.

Hawk
09-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Me encantan los burritos.

That surprises me.

And on the mock, no way do I think Dixon falls that far. His pure athleticism makes him go higher. I'm not a fan of Chauncey Washington either. I'd rather take a guy like Mike Hart instead of him.

The Legend
09-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Note: Justin King his talent is thru the roof said to maybe be the next Deion Sanders... said to run a 4.2 his worst time is a 4.32, great kick returner also plays wide out, but many people dont think he coming out this year

Top 10 Corners (* = UnderClass)

Justin King*, Penn St #2
40 Time: 4.25
Height: 6'0, Weight: 185

Malcom Jenkins, Ohio St
40 Time: 4.45
Height: 6'1, Weight: 210

Terrell Thomas, USC
Height: 6'1, Weight: 205

Antonio Cason, Arizona
Height: 6'0, Weight: 180

Aqib Talib, Kansas #3
40 Time: 4.55
Height: 6'2, Weight: 180

Dwight Lowery, San Jose St
Height: 6'1, Weight: 185

DeJuan Tribble, Boston Collage
40 Time: 4.40
Height: 5'8, Weight: 190

Chevis Jackson, LSU
40 Time: 4.50
Height: 6'0, Weight: 190

Dominique Rodgers, Tennessee St
Height: 6'3, Weight: 175

Brandon Flowers*, Virgina Tech
Height: 5'10, Weight: 190

princefielder28
09-13-2007, 09:18 AM
It's a good year to have a need at CB

The Legend
09-13-2007, 09:31 AM
It's a good year to have a need at CB

yeah seems every body 6'0 or more lol

My Top 2 Corners

Malcom Jenkins, Ohio St
Height: 6'1, Weight: 210

Terrell Thomas, USC
Height: 6'1, Weight: 205

both great size and abilty to stop the run

Dwight Lowery - 9 INT is hard to look away from thou maybe he can fall to us in the 2nd round

neko4
09-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Top 3 TE's
Rucker
Carlson
Davis

Haynos and Cottam are two guys to watch. At 6-8 they have a great advantage in the redzone.

My top 5 CB's
King
Cason
Lowerey
Jenkins
Flowers

neko4
09-13-2007, 06:11 PM
That surprises me.

And on the mock, no way do I think Dixon falls that far. His pure athleticism makes him go higher. I'm not a fan of Chauncey Washington either. I'd rather take a guy like Mike Hart instead of him.
I think chancey could be a good dark horse pick
Dixon could very well fall that far
And i doubt Hart becomes a mid to late 3rd rounder

jackalope
09-13-2007, 09:15 PM
I was glancing over Scott's NFL player rankings, and he doesn't have Aaron Kampman in his top 10 DE rankings.

neko4
09-13-2007, 09:20 PM
wow thats harsh

bearsfan_51
09-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I was glancing over Scott's NFL player rankings, and he doesn't have Aaron Kampman in his top 10 DE rankings.
A lot of Scott's rankings are pretty bad quite frankly. Mike Nolan is a top 10 NFL coach but Lovie Smith isn't? Umm....

Twiddler
09-13-2007, 09:56 PM
A lot of Scott's rankings are pretty bad quite frankly. Mike Nolan is a top 10 NFL coach but Lovie Smith isn't? Umm....

Yeah, he sticks to what he is best at.

Vince Lombardi
09-13-2007, 10:26 PM
a modern day hero!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL7BzPNYVUc&NR=1

Hawk
09-13-2007, 10:52 PM
a modern day hero!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL7BzPNYVUc&NR=1

I like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvDOHYy49V0

Vince Lombardi
09-14-2007, 11:26 AM
I like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvDOHYy49V0

ha that's great.

The Legend
09-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Koren Robinson finish all his paperwork for re-in statement
Koren Robinson is currently working out in Phoenix,
Koren Robinson isn't eligible to rejoin the Packers until October 17

**Other Notes**
Carlyle Holiday did not practice yesterday or today, doubtful for the Giants
Donald Lee limited practice yesterday or today, problem for the Giants
Greg Jennings is a game time discussions, doubtful for the Giants
Will Blackmon's broken thumb still healing, wont do returns for the Giants

Nitschke-Hawk
09-14-2007, 01:05 PM
While I'll admit I haven't paid attention to many college cornerbacks for this year's class I like Malcolm Jenkins. A big corner, and I like Ohio State DB's. Not sure on his coverage style but I figure he's a physical man to man type that would really fit our defense.

jackalope
09-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Did u guys happen to see who are captins were?From Packers.com

This season, the Packers are maintaining a long-standing tradition of appointing weekly captains. The Packers select one player on offense, one on defense and one on special teams to serve as the team's three captains for a given game, and those three players take the field for the opening coin toss.

This week, the captains will be center Scott Wells on offense, Kampman on defense, and Jarrett Bush on special teams.

Pack_Attack_4
09-14-2007, 10:12 PM
From Packers.com

Ya I thought I didnt see ne1 whereing any of those Cs.

PACKmanN
09-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Spitz will not be playing vs Giants. Coston will start for him.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/09/14/2/