PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83

jackalope
09-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Holliday on IR, Francies brought up.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/09/15/1/

GB12
09-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Holliday on IR, Francies brought up.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/09/15/1/
That sucks. Favre had at least some connection with him.

neko4
09-15-2007, 07:19 PM
So Jennings going to be a game time decision?

ImBrotherCain
09-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Ive seen the last to games, but i havent heard much on Bigby but he has 9 tackles and i haven't seen him get beat deep. How is he looking, is he like the next big thing on this defense? Who is his best comparison to another player?

Sportsfan486
09-16-2007, 03:09 PM
2-0, very nice offensive game compared to the Eagles game. Defense didn't play AS well but they still kept the opponent to 13 points and you really can't complain about that.

The Legend
09-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Packers Offence

Packers Top 3 Passing's
Favre 492 (52/80) (2/2)
Rodgers 0 (0/0) (0/0)
Woodson 0 (0/0) (0/0)

Packers Top 3 Rushing's 132 (39) (2) (3.3)

Jackson 75 (32) (2.3)
Wynn 60 (10) (2) (6.0)
Favre -3 (3) (0)

Packers Top 3 Receving's

Barnett 140 (14) (1)
James 105 (8) (0)
Lee 65 (8) (1)

Packers Defence

Packers Top 3 Sack's
Williams 2
Kampman 1
Jenkins 0

Packers Top 3 Tackler's

Barnett 20 (12/8)
Bigby 12 (7/5)
Hawk 9 (8/1)

Packers Top 3 Interception's

Barnett 1
Williams 1
Woodson 0

jpapa4490
09-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Does anyone else line in MN here. Cuz 90% of the time the pack are on when MN isn't and today they had damn bull riding on Fox instead of the game.

Boston
09-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I'm liking the way the "future" of the Vikings is looking.

GB12
09-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Great, now the Chargers are going to be pissed for next week.

Boston
09-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Great, now the Chargers are going to be pissed for next week.

I thought the same thing just seconds ago...

Twiddler
09-16-2007, 08:49 PM
I thought the same thing just seconds ago...

Well, I guess it was mutual all the way around then...

Football Fan
09-17-2007, 02:20 AM
I like the way McCarthy saw a prolem with the offense in the Philly game and then came back the next game against the Giants with 35 points. He did the same thing in preseason this year. Of coarse the giants defense isnt as good as the eagles, but still he is showing the ability to make crucial adjustments.
Im impressed, not bad for a young coach.

johbur
09-17-2007, 03:20 AM
Nice game plan. DD and JJ were the only WRs to get balls, other than that it was the TEs and RBs, right? A lot of guys made some nice lays to break tackles and get into the open field. I was especially impressed in that two O-linemen went out and they were still putting up points in Q4. Nice game. With Holliday out, I really hope that Goodell makes his decision on Koren Robinson sooner than later. The offense would look a lot better with him in and with Jennings back from injury.

princefielder28
09-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Ive seen the last to games, but i havent heard much on Bigby but he has 9 tackles and i haven't seen him get beat deep. How is he looking, is he like the next big thing on this defense? Who is his best comparison to another player?

Burress beat Bigby on a TD

Nitschke-Hawk
09-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Barely though. Bigby's hand was about an inch away from deflecting that ball. And Harris of all people was the one who let the situation occur anyway. That was a play by Burress that hardly anyone could stop, he was in a crowd of 3 or 4 guys, really an excellent play by Manning and Burress. Hell Manuel probably wouldn't have been close. But he did only have 2 catches for 32 yards and a TD. Shockey is what bothered me.

GB12
09-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Barely though. Bigby's hand was about an inch away from deflecting that ball. And Harris of all people was the one who let the situation occur anyway. That was a play by Burress that hardly anyone could stop, he was in a crowd of 3 or 4 guys, really an excellent play by Manning and Burress. Hell Manuel probably wouldn't have been close. But he did only have 2 catches for 32 yards and a TD. Shockey is what bothered me.
He came out strong, but we did a good job of shutting him down in the second half.

Football Fan
09-18-2007, 03:02 AM
With both of green bays victories comming against 0-2 teams its kind of hard to evaluate how good green bay is. It kind of sucks that philly lost.

Sportsfan486
09-18-2007, 10:10 AM
With both of green bays victories comming against 0-2 teams its kind of hard to evaluate how good green bay is. It kind of sucks that philly lost.

Well, they were both playoff teams last year and at least mostly healthy for our games, so that's definitely a good sign for us. Plus both of their other losses came to 2-0 teams in their division, which is always a tough game.

The Chargers game will tell us a lot. If we pull out a victory.. that will be amazing for us.

Nitschke-Hawk
09-18-2007, 11:41 AM
I liked how hard the defense is hitting this year, I especially noticed it on Shockey. They really put some hard hits on him when he caught it and you could tell he was feeling it. If somebody catches a ball on you it's a good idea to hit them hard and try to get in their head a little bit or effect how they play the rest of the game.

The Legend
09-18-2007, 03:18 PM
15 Carrys / 90 Yards / 6.0 Avg / 0 Touchdowns - Giants
20 Carrys / 90 Yards / 4.5 Avg / 0 Touchdowns - Eagles
35 Carrys / 180 Yards / 5.0 Avg / 0 Touchdowns - Total

If Tomlinson Gets 5.0 Avg Were In Big Trouble
35 Carrys / 68 Yards / 1.9 Avg / 1 Touchdowns

If We Stop L.T. I Think We Can Win This Game

Twiddler
09-18-2007, 05:20 PM
15 Carrys / 90 Yards / 6.0 Avg / 0 Touchdowns - Giants
20 Carrys / 90 Yards / 4.5 Avg / 0 Touchdowns - Eagles
35 Carrys / 180 Yards / 5.0 Avg / 0 Touchdowns - Total

If Tomlinson Gets 5.0 Avg Were In Big Trouble
35 Carrys / 68 Yards / 1.9 Avg / 1 Touchdowns

If We Stop L.T. I Think We Can Win This Game

I like the optimism but I'm not so sure. I think that with the kind of run defense that they have that Favre will have to have at least a game as good as his last because I don't think we will be able to get anything going in the ground game. And for the Chargers offense, they are inevitably due for a big game soon so this may just end up being what brings them back to the level of play that they are capable of.

09-18-2007, 10:48 PM
What exactly is wrong with Harrell?

GB12
09-18-2007, 10:58 PM
What exactly is wrong with Harrell?
Nothing. Our other DTs are preforming very well therefore keeping Harrell inactive. Pickett, Jolly, Williams, and Cole are all ahead of him with Jenkins also playing some tackle at times. Keeping five DTs active is excessive so they'd rather use the spot at another position.

09-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Nothing. Our other DTs are preforming very well therefore keeping Harrell inactive. Pickett, Jolly, Williams, and Cole are all ahead of him with Jenkins also playing some tackle at times. Keeping five DTs active is excessive so they'd rather use the spot at another position.

So, are you therefore dissapointed with the pick?

GB12
09-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Looking back now yes it probably could have been used better. I fully supported it on draft day and even leading up to the draft I wanted a DT. No one knew that we would be this good at DT though. One of our key players there, Cullen Jenkins, was moved to DE at the end of the season and and it was a bit uncertain how much we could rely on just Corey Williams and Colin Cole. Then Johnny Jolly comes from the bottom of the depth chart and plays extremely well to take the starting job. Also from what I understand Harrell is still not 100% yet from that torn bicep. Now after the season Williams is a free agent so it'll be interesting to see what happens there. As of now I'm not dissapointed, but we'll have to come back to this next year.

TitleTown088
09-19-2007, 05:01 AM

I am now with the emergence of Jolly to tell you the truth. I would like to see Williams resigned, and Harrel makes it that much more difficult to do so. One thing is for sure, the Packers are going to have some damn good DTs in years to come if Harrell can live up to his draft position.

princefielder28
09-19-2007, 09:17 AM
I am now with the emergence of Jolly to tell you the truth. I would like to see Williams resigned, and Harrel makes it that much more difficult to do so. One thing is for sure, the Packers are going to have some damn good DTs in years to come if Harrell can live up to his draft position.

With Pickett, Cole, Williams, and Jolly already on the roster I don't get the Harrell pick. I know TT likes depth with his lines but if he had to have thought that Jolly was going to be a decent player, but depth is good

Sportsfan486
09-19-2007, 09:36 AM
With Pickett, Cole, Williams, and Jolly already on the roster I don't get the Harrell pick. I know TT likes depth with his lines but if he had to have thought that Jolly was going to be a decent player, but depth is good

Well, the good news is that Meachem has so far been a bust for the Saints and Olsen has been injured plus our TEs have showed up so far this season.

Those were basically the other two options we had at that pick.

Twiddler
09-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Alright, got a new sig courtesy of DHVF (don't worry, he may be a Vikings fan, but it's cool). Its of Al Harris and I really like it, thoughts?

JF4
09-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Alright, got a new sig courtesy of DHVF (don't worry, he may be a Vikings fan, but it's cool). Its of Al Harris and I really like it, thoughts?

I think the renders a little small. I like your old one better.

Twiddler
09-19-2007, 01:09 PM
I think the renders a little small. I like your old one better.

Really? I always thought it was a little too scrappy is the best way I could describe it. I guess this one seems more well done to me. Maybe that's because its made by DHVF.

EvilMonkey
09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
i am not in love with the harrell pick, but i think it's unfair to judge it yet because i'm hoping he's still fully recovering from his injury and can become a dominant player. If he does develop and we are able to keep all our guys the next couple years we can always trade one of them for help at another position. If we do that this could actually help other positions in the long run, one of the big reasons i like taking BPA which i guess TT felt Harrell was. TT hasnt really done much trading like this, hoping he does in the future otherwise; yeah, could be a bad pick.

Nitschke-Hawk
09-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Heh, just thought of an idea with the DT depth talk. If the O-Line doesn't progress like it should this year maybe we could move one of them for an offensive linemen, but I really don't want any of the DT's to leave.

I really wanna sign Alan Faneca this offseason, but as of right now it wouldn't make sense to play him anywhere but right guard, (I'd be surprised if that didn't hurt his play) unless Clifton would be released and Colledge moved to tackle or something. Just a random thought...

jackalope
09-19-2007, 05:53 PM
DR. Z has Green Bay at #5 on his latest power rankings.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/09/19/week2.rankings.part1/index.html?eref=T1

princefielder28
09-19-2007, 06:02 PM
DR. Z has Green Bay at #5 on his latest power rankings.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/09/19/week2.rankings.part1/index.html?eref=T1

As much as I love my Green Bay Packers, to have them 5th in the power rankings; I want to see Dr. Z's PHD

neko4
09-19-2007, 09:31 PM
12. Green Bay Packers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/gnb/;_ylt=AsPIjbKuK_bPL4.sXEYpEiWr0op4): Will they finish with more victories than the number of players that most fans could name off their roster?
What?
I guess they mean casual fans cuz i can name atleast 40

Twiddler
09-19-2007, 09:33 PM
As much as I love my Green Bay Packers, to have them 5th in the power rankings; I want to see Dr. Z's PHD

Yeah, I really enjoy reading the guy's work but I also think its a little too high. Oh well, its not like he's tearing us a new one.

ter1texans
09-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Who is starting at RB for the Pack?

NickCollins36
09-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Who is starting at RB for the Pack?

At this point i think its still brandon jackson, although he has been outplayed by our 7th round pick Deshawn Wynn...lol

JF4
09-19-2007, 11:09 PM
What?

Number 12 is alot more reasonable than 5.

09-19-2007, 11:24 PM
I was actually suprised that Green Bay did not attempt to trade up for Lynch, RB is still there clearest need. But as soon as Buffalo grabbed Lynch, I was looking for a DB or possibly Meachem.

neko4
09-19-2007, 11:26 PM
I was actually suprised that Green Bay did not attempt to trade up for Lynch, RB is still there clearest need. But as soon as Buffalo grabbed Lynch, I was looking for a DB or possibly Meachem.
TE was our biggest need next to RB, but i guess our GM didnt like Olsen. On antoher note, our GM is typically against trading up and losing draft picks it seems.

GB12
09-19-2007, 11:42 PM
What?
I could probably go all 53. Infact here it goes:

Brett Favre
Aaron Rodgers
Brandon Jackson
Vernand Morency
Deshawn Wynn
Korey Hall
Ryan Grant
Bubba Franks
Donald Lee
Donald Driver
Greg Jennings
James Jones
Ruvell Martin
Chris Francies
Chad Clifton
Daryn Colledge
Scott Wells
Jason Spitz
Mark Tauscher
Tony Moll
Junious Coston
Allan Barbre
Aaron Kampman
Cullen Jenkins
KGB
Mike Montgomery
Jason Hunter
Ryan Pickett
Johnny Jolly
Corey WIlliams
Colin Cole
Justin Harrell
Daniel Muir
Nick Barnett
AJ Hawk
Brady Poppinga
Desmond Bishop
Tracy White
Al Harris
Charles Woodson
Jarrett Bush
Will Blackmon
Tramon Williams
Frank Walker
Atari Bigby
Nick Collins
Charlie Peprah
Aaron Rouse
Mason Crosby
John Ryan
Rob Davis

That's 51, I know one of the guys I'm missing is a guard but I can't remember his name.

Sportsfan486
09-20-2007, 12:33 AM

Brett Favre
Aaron Rodgers
Brandon Jackson
Vernand Morency
Deshawn Wynn
Korey Hall
Ryan Grant
Bubba Franks
Donald Lee
Donald Driver
Greg Jennings
James Jones
Ruvell Martin
Chris Francies
Chad Clifton
Daryn Colledge
Scott Wells
Jason Spitz
Mark Tauscher
Tony Moll
Junious Coston
Allan Barbre
Aaron Kampman
Cullen Jenkins
KGB
Mike Montgomery
Jason Hunter
Ryan Pickett
Johnny Jolly
Corey WIlliams
Colin Cole
Justin Harrell
Daniel Muir
Nick Barnett
AJ Hawk
Brady Poppinga
Desmond Bishop
Tracy White
Al Harris
Charles Woodson
Jarrett Bush
Will Blackmon
Tramon Williams
Frank Walker
Atari Bigby
Nick Collins
Charlie Peprah
Aaron Rouse
Mason Crosby
John Ryan
Rob Davis

That's 51, I know one of the guys I'm missing is a guard but I can't remember his name.

+ John Kuhn
+ Tony Palmer (this would be your guard. :) )

TitleTown088
09-20-2007, 04:30 AM
Wasn't palmer released recently because of his injury?

JF4
09-20-2007, 08:43 AM

Brett Favre
Aaron Rodgers
Brandon Jackson
Vernand Morency
Deshawn Wynn
Korey Hall
Ryan Grant
Bubba Franks
Donald Lee
Donald Driver
Greg Jennings
James Jones
Ruvell Martin
Chris Francies
Chad Clifton
Daryn Colledge
Scott Wells
Jason Spitz
Mark Tauscher
Tony Moll
Junious Coston
Allan Barbre
Aaron Kampman
Cullen Jenkins
KGB
Mike Montgomery
Jason Hunter
Ryan Pickett
Johnny Jolly
Corey WIlliams
Colin Cole
Justin Harrell
Daniel Muir
Nick Barnett
AJ Hawk
Brady Poppinga
Desmond Bishop
Tracy White
Al Harris
Charles Woodson
Jarrett Bush
Will Blackmon
Tramon Williams
Frank Walker
Atari Bigby
Nick Collins
Charlie Peprah
Aaron Rouse
Mason Crosby
John Ryan
Rob Davis

Only 51?!?!?!? Your no fan.

Sportsfan486
09-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Wasn't palmer released recently because of his injury?

Was he? I don't remember reading about that.. if so, I fail. :(

GB12
09-20-2007, 04:50 PM
+ John Kuhn
+ Tony Palmer (this would be your guard. :) )
Hmm, I didn't know Kuhn made the actual roster.

Anyways some bad news, James Jones pulled a hamstring.

jackalope
09-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Without looking at GB12's I'll see how many I can get.

Brett Favre
Aaron Rodgers
Brandon Jackson
Deshawn Wynn
Vernand Morency
Ryan Grant
Korey Hall
Donald Driver
Greg Jennings
James Jones
Ruvell Martin
Chris Francies (can't remember if he was who we brought up from the PS)
Bubba Franks
Donald Lee
Mark Tauscher
Jason Spitz
Scott Wells
Darreyn Colledge
Chad Clifton
Tony Moll
Allen Barbre
Junius Coston
Arron Kampman
Cullen Jenkins
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamilla
Ryan Pickett
Johnny Jolly
Corey Williams
Colin Cole
Justin Harrell
Daniel Muir
A.J. Hawk
Nick Barnett
Brady Poppinga
Desmond Bishop
Tracy White
Al Harris
Charles Woodson
Jarrett Bush
Will Blackmon
Tramon Williams
Frank Walker
Nick Collins
Atari Bigby
Aaron Rouse
Mason Crosby
Jon Ryan
Rob Davis

That's 48.

EDIT: I left off Montgomery, Jason Hunter, and Kuhn. I also got Culver and Peprah mixed up. I knew I was forgetting some DEs.

GB12
09-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Culver's not on the team anymore.

PackerLegend
09-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Culver's not on the team anymore.
well sorta he is not on the 53 man roster but he is on IR

Boston
09-21-2007, 04:32 PM
In a national conference call Wednesday, Favre was asked whether the success of the Packers this season would affect his decision to play on for a couple more years.

In no uncertain terms, he said yes.

"If I play at a high enough level and we, meaning this team and organization, come close or get into the playoffs, have some success, but are just a little bit away, they still feel like I can play, want to pay me what they're paying me to lead this team, and I still felt like I have it left, yes, I see no reasons why (not)," Favre said.

Ha. Vegas has declared the Packers now have a 17-1 chance at the Super Bowl, where as when the season started, it was 75-1.

Football Fan
09-22-2007, 02:01 AM
He gets $2.8 million in additional bonuses
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=665764

The Legend
09-22-2007, 02:25 AM
The Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that Packers seventh-round rookie RB DeShawn Wynn has earned more playing time starting in Week 3 and could end up starting for the Packers in the near future. Through two games, Wynn has 58 rush yards on 11 carries (5.3 avg.) with two touchdowns and 36 yards on three catches; Jackson has 75 rush yards on 32 caries (2.3 avg.) with no touchdowns and 59 receiving yards on eight catches. Both running backs are expected to see playing time until veteran Vernand Morency (knee) is back at full strength. "(Wynn) kind of starts slower and accelerates fast, so he almost looks quicker (than Jackson)," offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said. "Sometimes Brandon's the opposite -- sometimes Brandon's too quick out of the gate and not as quick through the hole. At this stage of the game, DeShawn has a little more control initially, and you sometimes see change of gears and acceleration, and Brandon at times is a little quick out there initially where you'd want him to be slower."

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS at GREEN BAY PACKERS INJURY REPORT

CHARGERS:
OUT: WR Eric Parker (toe). (0% Chance)
DOUBTFUL: LB Matt Wilhelm (calf). (25% Chance)
QUESTIONABLE: T Shane Olivea (back). (50% Chance)
PROBABLE: LB Stephen Cooper (neck) (90% Chance)

PACKERS
OUT: DE Mike Montgomery (knee). (0% Chance)
DOUBTFUL: RB Vernand Morency (knee). (25% Chance)
QUESTIONABLE: LB Desmond Bishop (shoulder). (50% Chance)
PROBABLE: WR Greg Jennings (hamstring), (90% Chance)

Boston
09-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Why do we still run the ZBS? I mean, honestly. We don't do our classic U-71 type sweeps anymore, we rarely run outside the tackles, and on the rare occasion we do run, it's right up the middle, into the massive blob of players our ZBS has created. We've been at this for two years, isn't it time we start transitioning back to a normal, if you will, run blocking scheme?

johbur
09-23-2007, 04:38 AM
Interesting note that if the Packers beat the Chargers, they'll be the first team ever to open a season with 3 victories over playoff teams from the previous season.

On the ZBS, it worries me that the protection is shady, even more so than the rushing yardage. Denver plugged in yet another RB and he's leading the league in rushing with the ZBS. Since the center and guards are ZBS bodies, I think it would be a bit difficult to transition back to a power sweep and trap team.We'll see if our system can make a rusher out of unheralded backs like Denver, or whether it is just a poor copy that needs to be scrapped. If Wynn averages 5 yards a carry for the season, then it is more likely the ZBS than not!

Football Fan
09-23-2007, 06:40 AM
I think losing Jagodzinski after 1 year was a set back for the ZBS. (forgive the attempt at spelling his name)

Nitschke-Hawk
09-23-2007, 09:28 AM
I think losing Jagodzinski after 1 year was a set back for the ZBS. (forgive the attempt at spelling his name)

I think you may have gotten it right.

If we continue to be below average running the ball we should sign Alan Faneca this off season. He's on my want list if we don't improve.

Football Fan
09-23-2007, 05:02 PM
I hate hoping dallas wins tonight against the bears concidering I hate the cowboys, but GO COWBOYS! The packers now have a real chance to take the division.
I think its safe to say my prediction of the packers only winning 7 games this year is likely pleasantly very wrong.

johbur
09-23-2007, 05:32 PM

I fully agree that losing Jags set the run game back. I don't think the coaches right now are doing as good a job at teaching the techniques. Denver is still doing very well with the system no matter who they put in. Maybe Morency will bring something positive.

That being said, MM has come out and just turned the entire game over to Favre. Who can argue with 6 TDs to 2 picks? I would have liked the ball run at 4-1 at the goal-line, but then Greg wouldn't have had the beautiful slant for a TD. Is that his signature play? It seems he can just out-motor everyone on the field when he crosses the middle and breaks to the goal-line.

The Green Bay Packers are the ONLY team to EVER start the season with three victories over playoff teams from the year before. Whoot!!!

ImBrotherCain
09-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Yea we beat the chargers, i had a good feeling that if we shut down LT running that we would win Great win today guys we really established our selfs in the NFC as one of the best

GB12
09-23-2007, 06:53 PM
So if Dallas wins the Bears fall under .500 with us up 2 games on them, if Chicago wins we will be the only undefeated team in the NFC. Both sound very nice, but I'll definitely be rooting for Dallas.

Boston
09-23-2007, 10:04 PM
We've pretty much got a target painted to our back now.

Twiddler
09-23-2007, 10:41 PM
We've pretty much got a target painted to our back now.

Thats for sure, especially if we end up winning next week. 4-0 would considerably raise expectations.

The Legend
09-23-2007, 10:46 PM
yeah seem people want to vs the new bad ass defence of ours

The Legend
09-23-2007, 10:47 PM
So if Dallas wins the Bears fall under .500 with us up 2 games on them, if Chicago wins we will be the only undefeated team in the NFC. Both sound very nice, but I'll definitely be rooting for Dallas.

and your dreams come true

neko4
09-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Geo is ussully a pretty smart dude but...
10. Green Bay Packers GM Ted Thompson is quietly but surely building one of the best defenses in the NFC. I’m not sold on the Packers making the playoffs though. Their schedule doesn’t look good for them at all, and I would be wary about Al Harris and Charles Woodson staying healthy for all 16 games - with little in the way of depth behind them. The offense doesn’t have a running game to take the ball out of Brett Favre’s hands, which means too much is on him and the career interceptions record is impending. Opponents know they just have to put their best corner on Donald Driver or double him. Mike McCarthy isn’t anything special as a head coach or offensive mind, let’s be real. Despite a superb front seven that includes the best starting LB core in the league, I think a tough year awaits the Pack in 2007 though the future is bright afterwards.

Nitschke-Hawk
09-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Chargers players giving big praise.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=666155

Football Fan
09-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Chargers players giving big praise.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=666155

I kinda liked reading this part, it has a nice ring to it:

"The way they're playing right now, the way Favre's playing, the way their offensive line is protecting, yes, they can win the NFC North," quarterback Billy Volek said. "They are playing great ball right now. I don't know if their defense or the Bears' is better but the better offense obviously is Green Bay's right now."

This part I liked the best:
I don't know if their defense or the Bears' is better but the better offense obviously is Green Bay's right now."

TitleTown088
09-24-2007, 12:58 AM
Anyone heard anything about the extent of the injuries of Collins and jenkins?

johbur
09-24-2007, 01:32 AM
From MM:

(Do you have the injuries?)
Yes, Cullen Jenkins (http://www.packers.com/team/players/jenkins_cullen/) had the wind knocked out of him. He returned. Nick Collins (http://www.packers.com/team/players/collins_nick/) has a back, he returned. The second time Cullen Jenkins (http://www.packers.com/team/players/jenkins_cullen/) left the game it was the same thing, he had the wind knocked out of him.

-I am worried about Jenkins as he mentioned he was having a hard time catching his breath. Collins and Harris both have back issues, so it's time to bring ion the massage therapist and chiropractor and give them daily treatment! Not sure about Jenkins, but it looks like Collins and Harris will be in there against Vikes next week.

TitleTown088
09-24-2007, 05:01 AM
Anyone else ever listen to the calls on the game from the local guys? I don't know his name, but i believe he was an expacker and how biased he is. Every time the packers have a huge play he yells YES!!! Not very professional, but i find it enjoyable... A perfect example is here when Greg scores the tader.
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8029b841

On another note... after watching Favre play yesterday it is crystal clear to me that the only reason he is playing is for selfish reasons such as the records.... right???

ImBrotherCain
09-24-2007, 09:14 AM
On another note... after watching Favre play yesterday it is crystal clear to me that the only reason he is playing is for selfish reasons such as the records.... right???

Is that sarcasm or pure seriousness?

princefielder28
09-24-2007, 09:28 AM

100% sarcasm

TitleTown088
09-24-2007, 11:53 AM

You should know better than to think I would speak adverse of Die fuher.

ImBrotherCain
09-24-2007, 01:09 PM
You should know better than to think I would speak adverse of Die fuher.
Yea my bad
Sooo on to a new topic, I think that our running game needs a huge pick up. Will Morency add that boost to the running game that we need?

Nitschke-Hawk
09-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Bodiford is back already?? Wow. Francies released.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/09/24/4/

neko4
09-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Yea my bad
Sooo on to a new topic, I think that our running game needs a huge pick up. Will Morency add that boost to the running game that we need?
I think he can help keep the others fresh. Might sound weird, but what if we had all 4 shuffling in and out during the course of the game. None of them ever getting tired or to banged up.

GB12
09-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Bodiford is back already?? Wow. Francies released.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/09/24/4/
I'm not at all surprised. The coaches have always liked Bodiford. The only reason he wasn't on the PS ahead of Francies is he didn't clear waivers. Now that he's available they jump on him right away. I'd rather have him than Francies anyway. Anyone know what's the latest on Koren Robinson?

ImBrotherCain
09-24-2007, 07:12 PM
I think he can help keep the others fresh. Might sound weird, but what if we had all 4 shuffling in and out during the course of the game. None of them ever getting tired or to banged up.

Yea but will all of them give us the right boost to put less of the burden on Farve's shoulders. I realize that he has been on fire and has been doing phenomenal but eventually were going to run into a tough situation where they shut down our pass game or where Favre throws a couple picks.
Im just slightly worried, i think we have one of the best teams in the NFC but i think that we cannot keep winning without a running game.

FLORIDA PACKER
09-24-2007, 07:13 PM
I think the running game made some strides in the right direction yesterday. Blocking was much better, still a ways to go though. Probably not going to help next week that were playing Minnesota.

GB12
09-24-2007, 07:19 PM
I think the running game made some strides in the right direction yesterday. Blocking was much better, still a ways to go though. Probably not going to help next week that were playing Minnesota.
I think we'll do the same thing next week that we did against the chargers. The coaches realize that they have a strong run defense so they aren't going to force it. That's what I like about McCarthy, he makes adjustments. He has said that he wants to run the ball, but he's not afraid to pass. Instead of being stubborn and running 30 times just to run when there's nothing there, he'll let Favre throw it.

ImBrotherCain
09-24-2007, 07:28 PM
I think we'll do the same thing next week that we did against the chargers. The coaches realize that they have a strong run defense so they aren't going to force it. That's what I like about McCarthy, he makes adjustments. He has said that he wants to run the ball, but he's not afraid to pass. Instead of being stubborn and running 30 times just to run when there's nothing there, he'll let Favre throw it.
But always putting the game in Favre's hands could be dangerous... Dont get me wrong i love the man and he is doing fantastic this year but we could run into a slight problem if we keep passing the ball

neko4
09-24-2007, 07:31 PM
We're going up against Minny. I could see us shutting down their entire O. They dont have the pass rush that San Diego has but a somewhat better secondary and probably equal run defense. I could see us going deep a couple more times this week, but the quick passing is working so well so hopefully we'll stick to it.

GB12
But always putting the game in Favre's hands could be dangerous... Dont get me wrong i love the man and he is doing fantastic this year but we could run into a slight problem if we keep passing the ball
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to do that every game. Going against tough run defenses like San Diego and Minnesota though it's the right move.

jackalope
I just got tickets to the Packers-Bears game!

neko4
I just got tickets to the Packers-Bears game!
Hurray for you!
In chicago or green bay.
I might get to go to KC-GB

jackalope
09-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Hurray for you!
In chicago or green bay.
I might get to go to KC-GBIt's a Sunday Night game at Lambeau, the day after my birthday.

someone447
09-24-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm not at all surprised. The coaches have always liked Bodiford. The only reason he wasn't on the PS ahead of Francies is he didn't clear waivers. Now that he's available they jump on him right away. I'd rather have him than Francies anyway. Anyone know what's the latest on Koren Robinson?

From a receiver from my former school to a receiver from my current school. PSU!!!PSU!!!

Sportsfan486
09-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Morency is supposed to be back this week, no? I'm hoping he'll come back with a fervor and spark some life into our running game.

The Legend
09-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Morency is supposed to be back this week, no? I'm hoping he'll come back with a fervor and spark some life into our running game.

yeah Jennings look pretty fast when he came back hopefully same with VM

Football Fan
09-25-2007, 01:23 AM
McCarthy has been really patient with those that have been injured. I wouldnt be surprised if and when Morency comes in and plays it will be at a high level.
Its nice to have been having the luxury of waiting for players to heal up or improve before putting them on the active roster and not losing a game in the process.

johbur
09-25-2007, 01:57 AM
TT has shown what drafting 43 players every draft gets you, and it is under-rated depth. There's been a lot of players injured that were either stored on IR like Noah Herron, or are rehabbing and the team has been able to have been patient waiting. Jennings could be the X-Factor of the offense with how he can take a 7 yard slant 57 yards. DD had a couple of great moves on his 46 yarder, but Jennings caught the ball and all of a sudden SD DBs looked like they were running in mud. I like seeing Bodiford back. I think he's likely just keeping a roster spot ready for Koren Robinson though.

TitleTown088
09-25-2007, 03:41 AM
Yea my bad
The offensive line is more of a problem that who is running the ball. If they can step up their play the running backs will play will improve, obviously.

Football Fan
09-25-2007, 06:24 AM
TT has shown what drafting 43 players every draft gets you, and it is under-rated depth. There's been a lot of players injured that were either stored on IR like Noah Herron, or are rehabbing and the team has been able to have been patient waiting. Jennings could be the X-Factor of the offense with how he can take a 7 yard slant 57 yards. DD had a couple of great moves on his 46 yarder, but Jennings caught the ball and all of a sudden SD DBs looked like they were running in mud. I like seeing Bodiford back. I think he's likely just keeping a roster spot ready for Koren Robinson though.

"I like seeing Bodiford back. I think he's likely just keeping a roster spot ready for Koren Robinson though."
I was thinking the same thing.

ImBrotherCain
09-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Im a huge Virginia Tech fan and i wonder what if we moved Rouse to LOLB he played LB in college and was good at it but was moved to Safety because of his speed and im still not sold on Poppinga. So i figure that Bigby is having a good season so far and it doesnt look like Rouse is gonna get any playing time unless there is an injury. So why not try him out as a LB. What do you all think?

cordscords
09-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Im a huge Virginia Tech fan and i wonder what if we moved Rouse to LOLB he played LB in college and was good at it but was moved to Safety because of his speed and im still not sold on Poppinga. So i figure that Bigby is having a good season so far and it doesnt look like Rouse is gonna get any playing time unless there is an injury. So why not try him out as a LB. What do you all think?

Poppy isnt as talented as Barnett or Hawk, but I don't consider him a weak spot on the defense. It would be interesting to see Rouse move back to LOLB and push Brady a little bit though.

Twiddler
09-25-2007, 01:45 PM

I think its worth a shot at least but like cords just said I think that Poppinga is doing a fine job this year. Also, I think that at either OLB or SS, Rouse is going to be mixed up in the overflow. Its a problem with having depth at positions. Oh no.

mqtirishfan
09-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Poppy isnt as talented as Barnett or Hawk, but I don't consider him a weak spot on the defense. It would be interesting to see Rouse move back to LOLB and push Brady a little bit though.

I'm going to assume you mean strong side backer, because LOLB isn't really a position.

JF4
09-25-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm going to assume you mean strong side backer, because LOLB isn't really a position.

In Madden it is!!!

cordscords
09-25-2007, 05:06 PM

I just said LOLB because "ImBrotherCain" used it. It's a lot easier than spelling it out.

GB12
09-25-2007, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't rule out moving him to LB as I said when we drafted him he might be best there. As a safety he kind of reminds me of Marquand Manuel, so that's not good. However I doubt he ever sees the field as a LB. Brady has turned into a solid stong side backer after playing DE all his life. We won't be looking for an upgrade there anytime soon and he certainly wont get beat out by Aaron Rouse. I never liked Rouse and I don't see him ever being anything more than a backup be it at LB or safety.

jackalope
09-25-2007, 06:56 PM
I had been wondering where Aaron Rouse fits into our plans with the emergence of Bigby. Poppinga has been doing well lately, so I don't see us replacing him.

neko4
09-25-2007, 06:57 PM
I could see Brady and Rouse switching in, Rouse's coverage ability is much better than brady's so we could stick Rouse in on passing downs (Which is working with KGB)

neko4
09-25-2007, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't rule out moving him to LB as I said when we drafted him he might be best there. As a safety he kind of reminds me of Marquand Manuel, so that's not good. However I doubt he ever sees the field as a LB. Brady has turned into a solid stong side backer after playing DE all his life. We won't be looking for an upgrade there anytime soon and he certainly wont get beat out by Aaron Rouse. I never liked Rouse and I don't see him ever being anything more than a backup be it at LB or safety.
I like him since he went to my high school and think he has good potential

gbpackers0065
09-25-2007, 06:59 PM
I could see Brady and Rouse switching in, Rouse's coverage ability is much better than brady's so we could stick Rouse in on passing downs (Which is working with KGB)

I like this idea, although Brady's play certainly doesn't warrant a demotion(Even though I wouldn't think of it that way).

GB12
09-25-2007, 07:03 PM

I like this idea, although Brady's play certainly doesn't warrant a demotion(Even though I wouldn't think of it that way).

That doesn't make any sense. Poppinga's already out on passing downs anyway.

Football Fan
09-26-2007, 03:36 AM
Looking good.
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

TitleTown088
09-26-2007, 05:26 AM
http://www.startribune.com/souhan/story/1445929.html

If his play keeps up like this, hopefully we will be hearing alot of this talk.

The rebirth of Favre is bad news for Bears fans. But it's great news for football, sports and, when you think about it, life- Jay Mariotti

The Legend
09-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Marviel Underwood Over Kerry Rhodes

boy it would be something else if we had Rhodes
or move'd up 5 spots to get Brandon Jacobs or Marion Barber

but maybe we can sign Rhodes as a free agent

BenJarvus Green-Ellis is a running back who stock is going up i can see up taking him late 2nd round

Twiddler
09-26-2007, 07:26 PM

I take it you are looking at past drafts? Sorry, but I've always found looking back at past drafts to see who we could have had to be completely ridiculous. Plus, just because a player is good on the team he is currently on doesnt mean he will be a great Packer and will fit our schemes. Be happy with what we have, we have a lot of good picks on the roster.

The Legend
09-26-2007, 07:31 PM
I take it you are looking at past drafts? Sorry, but I've always found looking back at past drafts to see who we could have had to be completely ridiculous. Plus, just because a player is good on the team he is currently on doesnt mean he will be a great Packer and will fit our schemes. Be happy with what we have, we have a lot of good picks on the roster.

i know looking at the past draft is like a bug going to the blue light its just so hard not to

but we have great drafts lately

cordscords
09-26-2007, 08:12 PM
http://www.startribune.com/souhan/story/1445929.html

If his play keeps up like this, hopefully we will be hearing alot of this talk.

- Jay Mariotti

It's nice to see people gain faith in Favre again, but I never really thought his play diminished all that much. 2005 had disaster written all over it. Whale and Rivera leave, Walker and Green go down with injuries, etc. It was too much. In 2006 Favre led the youngest team in the NFL to an 8-8 record and almost snuck into the playoffs. And in 2007, the team has a little more depth and experience and Brett is putting up the #'s once again.

neko4
09-26-2007, 08:58 PM
I like how clowney wears his jersey in this so people will recognize. They will soon though, when he gets upgraded and scores a TD
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d802b44b9

ImBrotherCain
09-26-2007, 09:38 PM
I like how clowney wears his jersey in this so people will recognize. They will soon though, when he gets upgraded and scores a TD
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d802b44b9

Clowney wasnt even in that video... or did i miss him?

Football Fan
09-27-2007, 12:10 AM
I heard on the radio a little while ago that some hooker that was was stripping at a night club in florida is accusing Al Harris of sexual assault at the strip joint 2 years ago. Sounds like some gold digging tramp looking to make some money. She is also said to be suing the club for not having there security cameras running.

Hawk
09-27-2007, 02:09 PM

i didnt see him either

PACKmanN
09-27-2007, 07:13 PM
so whats going on with Vernand Morency? MM said he feeling and running alot better now.

The Legend
09-27-2007, 09:08 PM
so whats going on with Vernand Morency? MM said he feeling and running alot better now.

his return is need vs the vikings great run stoping d

neko4
09-27-2007, 10:04 PM
I posted the wrong vid

johbur
09-27-2007, 11:17 PM
I'd like Morency healthy for this game. Jennings coming back gave the passing game a major boost. Mo a more experienced runner, and he has good hands. Tossing to him in the flat would be a nice check down for Brett.

Pack_Attack_4
09-28-2007, 01:59 PM
So whats the word with Koren Robinson is he commin back after this weeks game?

GB12
09-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Favre named Fedex Air player of the week, Barnett defensive player of the week. http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-defense

EvilMonkey
09-28-2007, 08:17 PM

BenJarvus Green-Ellis is a running back who stock is going up i can see up taking him late 2nd round

as other people stated, its unfair to go back and look what could have been. Anyone can make an unreal team if you do that, but also i think it is unfair because of Underwood's injury. He was looking great before he got hurt and it's very possible he's just not the same player because of that, which led to us cutting him. There are many success stories and technology has come so far in terms of sports injuries/rehab, but its still not a guarantee you can fully recover from a torn ACL.

PACKmanN
09-28-2007, 08:31 PM
http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/09/28/3/

Morency going up and Jackson going down. Can things ever get easy for us?

Sportsfan486
09-29-2007, 03:37 AM
http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/09/28/3/

Morency going up and Jackson going down. Can things ever get easy for us?

Who knows, maybe this WILL be a good thing for us. Maybe Morency will have a monster game and take over as our clear-cut numero uno.

GB12
09-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Who knows, maybe this WILL be a good thing for us. Maybe Morency will have a monster game and take over as our clear-cut numero uno.
Not against the Vikings. We're still going to throw it 50 times even with Morency back.

The Legend
09-30-2007, 05:56 AM
looks like DeShawn Wynn & Vernand Morency are going to be our 2 back system

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4234&line=99703&spln=1

i like this thou because Wynn should have more carrys not to risk anything with Morency

good to see what hes made of

Nitschke-Hawk
09-30-2007, 03:45 PM
I wish we were playing Detroit next week instead of the Bears so we could get a 2 game separation from them. But 4-0 I'll take it. I'd rather have the Lions one game behind than the Bears because everybody think the Bears have so much talent.

Sportsfan486
09-30-2007, 04:24 PM
I wish we were playing Detroit next week instead of the Bears so we could get a 2 game separation from them. But 4-0 I'll take it. I'd rather have the Lions one game behind than the Bears because everybody think the Bears have so much talent.

Nah, the bears are doomed now. They have no offense and their D isn't as good as in the past and is getting banged up. They're not a very good team this year, imo.

Good news is the Lions and Vikings are both weak, also, while the Pack looks very strong.

PACKmanN
09-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Is it me or does anyone else think that maybe we have the wrong people coaching this o-line?

A lot of poster here have wrote that it takes time for players to learn this type of scheme like how it took time for the Broncos developed theres, but doesn't every school have some type of a zone blocking scheme in there playbook?

I was watched all of the Oakland games and fined it hard to believe that they can produce 100+ yards a game when its their FIRST YEAR under the zone blocking scheme

Here some of Lamont Jordan stats:

week 1: 20 att 70 yards 1 TD vs Lions
week 2: 25 att 159 yards vs Broncos
week 3: 29 att 121 yards 1 TD vs Browns
week 4: 15 att 74 yards vs Dolphins

I don't understand it he not even a one cut type running back and there back up Justin Fargas had a big game also with 22 att 179 yards.

So I ask you is it the o-line fault or is it the personnel that needs to be replaced so we can finally get our running game going.

I posted this on another site and would like to hear what you guys think about it. Should we fire the personnel?

GB12
09-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Is it me or does anyone else think that maybe we have the wrong people coaching this o-line?

A lot of poster here have wrote that it takes time for players to learn this type of scheme like how it took time for the Broncos developed theres, but doesn't every school have some type of a zone blocking scheme in there playbook?

I was watched all of the Oakland games and fined it hard to believe that they can produce 100+ yards a game when its their FIRST YEAR under the zone blocking scheme

I don't understand it he not even a one cut type running back and there back up Justin Fargas had a big game also with 22 att 179 yards.

So I ask you is it the o-line fault or is it the personnel that needs to be replaced so we can finally get our running game going.

I posted this on another site and would like to hear what you guys think about it. Should we fire the personnel?

Well we did lose Jeff Jagodzinski who was the mastermind behind installing the ZBS in Green Bay. I attribute much of the drop off of the O-line play to losing him. They played very well in their first year in it and they were rookies. You'd expect an improvement not a dropoff, but losing your OC hurts. I didn't expect it to have that big of an effect, but obviously it does.

PACKmanN
09-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Well we did lose Jeff Jagodzinski who was the mastermind behind installing the ZBS in Green Bay. I attribute much of the drop off of the O-line play to losing him. They played very well in their first year in it and they were rookies. You'd expect an improvement not a dropoff, but losing your OC hurts. I didn't expect it to have that big of an effect, but obviously it does.

and most of our linemen played in a zone blocking scheme or had some part of it in there playbook.

gbpackers0065
09-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I was really hoping that having Philbin getting promoted to OC would ease that but I guess I was wrong.

PACKmanN
09-30-2007, 08:12 PM
what do you guys think about bringing in Howard Mudd for our Offensive Coordinator and Pete Metzelaars for ourOffensive Line Coach after this season? they have a bunch of young guys all over the o-line and only one being a day one pick I believe, also they run a ZBS/Power scheme.

cordscords
09-30-2007, 08:40 PM

I dont think the Raiders base their entire offense on zone blocking. There is plenty of man blocking going on in Oakland.

That being said I do think a healty mix of man and zone blocking is what every O-Line needs. Not everybody can end up like the Broncos.

Vince Lombardi
09-30-2007, 10:05 PM
I dont think the Raiders base their entire offense on zone blocking. There is plenty of man blocking going on in Oakland.

That being said I do think a healty mix of man and zone blocking is what every O-Line needs. Not everybody can end up like the Broncos.

Not to mention the 4 defenses Oakland has faced are terrible at stoppping the run.

Lions, Broncos, Browns, Dolphins rank 20th, 31st, 30th, and 32nd against the run.

Giants, Eagles, Chargers, and Vikings are much more difficult to run against ranking 16th, 4th, 9th, and 1st.

Also a big factor is that we have absolutely no experience in our backfield.

PACKmanN
09-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Not to mention the 4 defenses Oakland has faced are terrible at stoppping the run.

Lions, Broncos, Browns, Dolphins rank 20th, 31st, 30th, and 32nd against the run.

Giants, Eagles, Chargers, and Vikings are much more difficult to run against ranking 16th, 4th, 9th, and 1st.

Also a big factor is that we have absolutely no experience in our backfield.
I understand that but consider how they were last year that a huge improvement over how we dropped off. Also you cant blame it 100% on JJ, that like blaming Jim Bates for how our defense is doing, doesn't work.

johbur
10-01-2007, 02:50 AM
1st: Packers 4-0! Whoot!

2nd: Favre = #1 in TDs, Atts, Completions, Wins and Consecutive Starts.

3rd: Receiving corp looking good. I am still hoping for Koren to come in and give a lift to the team with KR game and be the force he was on third downs. With Koren, JJ, DD and Jennings as the four WR set, Mouse Davis will be able to take over as the OC and we can run the run-and-shoot.

4th: Speaking of OC, Jeff Jagodzinski didn't just install the ZBS, he installed the Alex Gibbs ZBS. What's the difference? The difference is that a ZBS just sends guys out to block a particular zone, and if there's no one there, they go find someone else. The Gibbs ZBS teaches a particular method of cut-blocking that falls within NFL rules, barely. If the cut-blocking is happening on the back side of the play, then all those big 340 lb. DTs getting knocked to the ground and having a 295 pound guy launch into their quad (and knee) eventually makes them tired, hurt and scared about getting cut. We have the personnel to run the Gibbs ZBS, but I worry about how the instruction is going. I would LOVE to bring in Gibbs as a consultant for the scheme.

5th: The Bears STILL Suck!!! Strike up the band: http://www.jibjab.com/view/10084

jackalope
10-01-2007, 07:17 AM
From the WSJ
Special teams coordinator Mike Stock initially called for the fake, but it was called off when the Vikings put eight rushers close to the line of scrimmage. The only problem? Ryan didn't hear the change.

"So I was pretty much the only person who thought it was still a fake. So when I went to pass, there was no one there to pass to," said Ryan, who was supposed to have a receiver in the right flat. "So I tucked it and ran. We made the best of it, I guess, but hopefully it doesn't happen again.''That had to be my favorite play of the game.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Jon Ryan looked like Jim Taylor breaking those tackles.

------------------------------------

http://i.packers.com/pg/2007-09-30/photo9.jpg
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/12/12452_large.jpg

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/2615870.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0ED590AC5ADA8E31CE2 5A5397277B4DC33E

TitleTown088
10-02-2007, 05:06 AM
In the words of Brett Favre after the win at the Metro dome during his locker room speech...

" 4-0, let's keep this **** going!"

PACKmanN
10-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Ok many might think this sounds stupid but hear me out.

Many people have said that both Tauscher and Cilfton are not made for the zone blocking scheme and so far its true, many have even said both of them might not like to cut block so why not in a game vs a damage bears defense lets replace Cilfton with Colledge then shift Spitz to LG and have Coston or Barbre at right guard? then we can see how our much of a difference our cut blocking by our tackles will do?

Moses
10-02-2007, 01:50 PM

Many people have said that both Tauscher and Cilfton are not made for the zone blocking scheme and so far its true, many have even said both of them might not like to cut block so why not in a game vs a damage bears defense lets replace Cilfton with Colledge then shift Spitz to LG and have Coston or Barbre at right guard? then we can see how our much of a difference our cut blocking by our tackles will do?

Will never happen. Even just in theory, why make a major change like that on a team that is 4-0?

Twiddler
10-02-2007, 02:48 PM

I heard you out, and I still thought it sounded stupid. No offense, but why would we replace a great LT who has played the position on our team for years and essentially replace his presence with Coston or Babre who are both young and inexperienced?

Pack_Attack_4
10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
So whats the word with Koren Robinson is he commin back after this weeks game?

someone447
10-02-2007, 03:29 PM
1st: Packers 4-0! Whoot!

2nd: Favre = #1 in TDs, Atts, Completions, Wins and Consecutive Starts.

3rd: Receiving corp looking good. I am still hoping for Koren to come in and give a lift to the team with KR game and be the force he was on third downs. With Koren, JJ, DD and Jennings as the four WR set, Mouse Davis will be able to take over as the OC and we can run the run-and-shoot.

4th: Speaking of OC, Jeff Jagodzinski didn't just install the ZBS, he installed the Alex Gibbs ZBS. What's the difference? The difference is that a ZBS just sends guys out to block a particular zone, and if there's no one there, they go find someone else. The Gibbs ZBS teaches a particular method of cut-blocking that falls within NFL rules, barely. If the cut-blocking is happening on the back side of the play, then all those big 340 lb. DTs getting knocked to the ground and having a 295 pound guy launch into their quad (and knee) eventually makes them tired, hurt and scared about getting cut. We have the personnel to run the Gibbs ZBS, but I worry about how the instruction is going. I would LOVE to bring in Gibbs as a consultant for the scheme.

5th: The Bears STILL Suck!!! Strike up the band: http://www.jibjab.com/view/10084

NO, HE IS OURS!!!!!!! And as much as I love the Packers, they can't have him. No Jerry Glanville either.

|
|
|
|
\ /

jackalope
10-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Is Jackson expected to return this week? Hopefully once him and Morency are healthy we can get some sort of a running game going.

Twiddler
10-02-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm stealing this great idea from toonster over on the Bears Discussion thread. He said that if you could choose only ten players from the current roster to keep on the 2008 roster, who would you choose and why? He also listed some of the major ones that he didn't choose and why he didn't. Very interesting idea and I think it is even more interesting with a team like the Packers who has such a youthful core. I'll post mine tomorrow. See what you can come up with.

neko4
10-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Real Quicky:
Favre
Driver
Jennings
Clifton
Colledge

Kampman
Cullen
AJ
Barnett
Atari or Collins, Atari's looked better recently

Who I wouldnt

Bubba
KGB

Both have played better, but both are on the downside of their career's

Football Fan
10-03-2007, 05:44 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=670370

Nitschke-Hawk
10-03-2007, 09:21 AM
10 for 08:

Favre (need I say more)

Driver (same as above)

Jennings (should have a big year)

Clifton (still our best and most important O linemen, especially passing over 40 times a game)

Colledge (Should have a big year, will enter his prime)

Hawk (Duh)

Barnett (duh)

Kampman (duh)

Jenkins (the guy is not only good, he plays really hard and through injuries and fills two roles for us)

Harris (Still should be really good, aside from being kinda injured this year his athletic ability hasn't noticeably dropped off since he got here, so he should be the same)

Twiddler
10-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Alright here is my ten in no specific order.

1.) Aaron Kampman - The cornerstone to our defense in my mind, one of the top players at his position and he can get pressure on the QB and stuff the run. Oh, he's also 27.

2.) Cullen Jenkins - A rising star in this league and with him and Kampman, the Packers have two ends who will be stars in this league for a long time.

3.) AJ Hawk - Simply a stud on defense and will continue to have in impact as a Packer for years to come.

4.) Nick Barnett - Too young and talented to not put on this list. Big part of a linebacking core that is fast approaching being great.

5.) Al Harris - A seemingly ageless shutdown corner is something anyteam could want. Also a fan favorite that is very fun to watch to say the least.

6.) Atari Bigby - Sure, he is quite young and is making mistakes at time but that's all part of the learning curve of being an NFL player. Plus there's no other way to put it other than he is an impact player who affects games with his big plays.

7.) Chad Clifton - A great left tackle who is essential to having a successful passing game as was noted by Nitschke-Hawk. Still has some gas in the tank.

8.) Daryn Colledge - If we're ever to get some run game established a run game is essential and he has a great future and is improving at the moment.

9.) Donald Driver - Essentially he is to the offense what Al Harris is to the defense. Seemingly ageless, a playmaker, and a top player at his position. Without him our passing game would be in shambles. Truly an example of what a NFL player should be in every aspect.

10.) Brett Favre - Before the start of this season he without a doubt would not have been on my list. In fact, Rodgers might have made it over him. But with his incredibly leadership, a lively arm, and the passion that drives this team he is without a doubt the most important player on our roster right now. And it shows. Doesn't mean I am down on Aaron Rodgers, I'm very eager to see what he can do when he has the offense handed over to him but right now this is Favre's team and anyone to say otherwise would have to be insane. They live for this guy.

Comments: Obviously I went for a defensive approach as I think it is the right way to win games if you want to win them at the end of the year and in January. And Jennings was close to making this list but I thought that Atari's contribution to the safety position and his potential for next year were just a little above Jennings. That and the whole defensive thing.

The Legend
10-03-2007, 01:59 PM
there been talks about Ricky Williams lately and seem the Packers have been put in the talks because of our run game

to be honest i would trade a 6th round pick for him, but do i think the Packers will no, do i think he can help yes

do i think hes a distraction, from what i hear he barley talks so not really

for a 6th round pick i think hes worth it... but he is said to most probly be cut

PACKmanN
10-03-2007, 03:21 PM
there been talks about Ricky Williams lately and seem the Packers have been put in the talks because of our run game

to be honest i would trade a 6th round pick for him, but do i think the Packers will no, do i think he can help yes

do i think hes a distraction, from what i hear he barley talks so not really

for a 6th round pick i think hes worth it... but he is said to most probly be cut

he will be cut for three reasons.

1. He has ruined his and the Dolphins image.
2. He has to chance of playing for them
3. They will not keep his contract and his and have him as the third running back.

Moses
10-03-2007, 03:34 PM
he will be cut for three reasons.

1. He has ruined his and the Dolphins image.
2. He has to chance of playing for them
3. They will not keep his contract and his and have him as the third running back.

Plus he's not the same back he was when he was in his prime. I wouldn't be surprised if he never got another carry in the NFL.

The Legend
10-03-2007, 05:17 PM
www.packers.com shows new depth chart

DeShawn Wynn starting at RB
Johnny Jolly starting at DT

GB12
10-03-2007, 06:58 PM
www.packers.com (http://www.packers.com) shows new depth chart

DeShawn Wynn starting at RB
Johnny Jolly starting at DT
Not sure why you made a special note for Jolly. He's started 3 of the 4 games and and the starting DTs are decided by the matchups.

PACKmanN
10-03-2007, 07:00 PM
why isn't Corey Williams the started?

GB12
10-03-2007, 07:03 PM
why isn't Corey Williams the started?
Did you read my post directly above yours? Have you been watching the Packers games? Not trying to be mean, but come on now.

neko4
10-03-2007, 07:06 PM
I think we have a real chance of being 8-3 to even 11-0 going into Dallas.
There will always be mess up games, but when I look at our sched i have a close to unreasonable optimisim that we could go 16-0

The Legend
10-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Not sure why you made a special note for Jolly. He's started 3 of the 4 games and and the starting DTs are decided by the matchups.

nothing special just updating

mqtirishfan
10-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Favre for obvious reasons.
Driver also for obvious reasons.
Clifton- we need a veteran LT.
Jones- I really, really, really like this kid. He's going to be a top WR.
Kampman- Among the best in the game.
Hawk- My favorite Packer, and he's going to be a star.
Harris- I'd love to keep Harris and Woodson, because they're very important to our D, but I can live with just Harris.
Barnett- Really blossoming this year.
Jenkins- Good against the run, can still get pressure.
Pickett- It was really a toss-up between him and Jolly. As you can see, I'm a strong believer in building around your front 7. I think a base of Barnett, Hawk, Kampman, Jenkins and Pickett is a great start to a defense.

mqtirishfan
10-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while now. How cool would it be to see the Packers line up in a 3-4 from time to time?

KGB-Hawk-Barnett-Hunter
Jenkins-Pickett-Kampman

or

KGB-Hawk-Barnett-Kampman
Jenkins-Pickett-Williams

I really like the second one if Kampman would be able to play SOLB in a 3-4. I'm not talking about a full out change to the 3-4, because our team doesn't match it that well, but I think this line-up could actually work at times if we want to mix it up a little.

GB12
10-03-2007, 09:43 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while now. How cool would it be to see the Packers line up in a 3-4 from time to time?

KGB-Hawk-Barnett-Hunter
Jenkins-Pickett-Kampman

or

KGB-Hawk-Barnett-Kampman
Jenkins-Pickett-Williams

I really like the second one if Kampman would be able to play SOLB in a 3-4. I'm not talking about a full out change to the 3-4, because our team doesn't match it that well, but I think this line-up could actually work at times if we want to mix it up a little.

That'd be completely pointless and 10 times worse than our 4-3.

mqtirishfan
10-03-2007, 09:47 PM
That'd be completely pointless and 10 times worse than our 4-3.

But fun. :D

Hawk
10-03-2007, 10:19 PM
We already have a top defense, why change it?

GB12
10-04-2007, 12:07 AM
The Jets signed Clowney off of our practice squad.

princefielder28
10-04-2007, 12:29 AM

returner with the injury to Justin Miller???

Nitschke-Hawk
10-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Ahh crap, gotta tell my mom, she got his autograph at Training Camp and has looked for him all the time when we're watching something involving the Packers.

Hawk
10-04-2007, 07:35 AM
g-a-y

dfafdafdfa

jackalope
10-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Blackmon broke his foot.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/10/04/2/

princefielder28
10-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Blackmon broke his foot.

Good thing we addressed the position in the off-season.....haha

Nitschke-Hawk
10-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Damnit Blackmon just can't stay healthy why why why????

GB12
10-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Blackmon broke his foot.

Out for season, placed on IR. I'd like to sign Dendy back if he's available.

GB12
10-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Favre takes air player of the week again. http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground

princefielder28
10-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Favre takes air player of the week again. http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground

Back to back weeks and now he's playing the Bears on National TV.......

The Legend
10-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Will Blackmon on IR, Rookie Tramon Williams to play Dime

http://www.nfl.com/transactions - Will Blackmon (CB) Placed on IR (broken right foot

Moses
10-07-2007, 04:57 PM

http://www.nfl.com/transactions - Will Blackmon (CB) Placed on IR (broken right foot

http://www.cofp.com/misc/images/bandaid.jpg

GB12
10-07-2007, 06:10 PM

Posted 3 days ago.

drowe
10-07-2007, 10:47 PM
well can't win 'em all. when it comes right down to it, the bears are a pathetic, garbage, terrible team that won't even sniff the playoffs. every bounce had to go their way to win this game and it all worked out. they got lucky, but they just suck and at the end of the year this game won't even matter because the packers are still very clearly the class of the division, and the bears still suck.

Pack_Attack_4
10-07-2007, 11:06 PM
OMFG we jus handed them that game.We played way to conservitive in the second half, we should of jus done what got us to 4-0 spread em out and let favre throw it.Even tho we lost it still looks like were the better team Bears jus got a couple lucky bounces.Will get em next time.

The Legend
10-07-2007, 11:22 PM
only if that desmond clark never happen, we would have gone to over time
would have been 23-20 and we were in field goal range

theres always next week

Wynn look good i think he played the 2nd half with cramps

Sportsfan486
10-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Man, James Jones.. argh. Two fumbles on drives that would have been scores more likely than not, that just really hurts.

And Favre reverting back to the "let's make a really dumb throw instead of taking a sack" play. I shouldn't be surprised but it's the first time he's really done it this year.

Bad, bad game. Argh.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Posted 3 days ago.

The Packers have only said they're waiting a few weeks to see how it goes. They haven't even announced anything. People are just assuming it or something. It's not even old news because there is no news.

jackalope
10-08-2007, 09:48 PM
On NBC did they show the UW Band come out with "NICE CLIPBOARD REX" spelled out on the tubas? I loved that.

ImBrotherCain
10-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Not that its a big deal and all but here is a madden cover i made

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r208/ImBrotherCain/Madden08Xbox360Template_MessenjahMa.jpg

neko4
10-09-2007, 09:11 PM
have a PS3 version?

ImBrotherCain
10-09-2007, 09:12 PM
have a PS3 version?

I can make one up for you if ya would like

neko4
10-09-2007, 09:14 PM
I can make one up for you if ya would like
dont bother, im looking for some other things right now

ImBrotherCain
10-09-2007, 09:17 PM
dont bother, im looking for some other things right now

... Alright

Football Fan
10-10-2007, 02:39 AM
Check out this unexpected poll question about the packer bear game.
Quite a shot at McCarthy, Id like to read how he came to this conclusion. It caught me by surprize
http://www2.jsonline.com/sports/sportspoll.asp?poll=7373
Sports Illustrated senior writer Paul Zimmerman says gutless coaching by Mike McCarthy cost the Packers a victory Sunday. Do you agree?

princefielder28
10-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Check out this unexpected poll question about the packer bear game.
Quite a shot at McCarthy, Id like to read how he came to this conclusion. It caught me by surprize
http://www2.jsonline.com/sports/sportspoll.asp?poll=7373
Sports Illustrated senior writer Paul Zimmerman says gutless coaching by Mike McCarthy cost the Packers a victory Sunday. Do you agree?

I agree......after Favre threw the interception he just put on the brakes and went away from what got the Packers wins in the first four games

Football Fan
10-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Seemed to me to be more the turn overs, dumb penalties and the adjustments the bears made at half time was why the pack lost. The bears D looked to get stronger and stronger in the second half as the packers D seemed to get weaker. I thought some players on the pack had a poor game like Jones, collins and barnett with his really dumb face mask penalty on 3rd down in the 4th quarter when he had the guy stopped 3yrds short. Normally pretty dependable players. What I cant understand is why with 2 minutes left and 1 time out the packers went down the middle of the field almost casually as though they had all the time in the world. I was really annoyed by that. It shouldnt have come down to a hail mary.

PACKmanN
10-10-2007, 07:28 PM
have a PS3 version?

you have a ps3?!?!?!?!? PSN?

cordscords
10-10-2007, 11:25 PM
I think McCarthy deserves some blame, but I really think the turnovers were the main reason.

Is it just me, but is anybody else still not sold on McCarthy? W-L record aside, I'm not sure he is a good game day coach.

Boston
10-11-2007, 12:03 AM
I think McCarthy deserves some blame, but I really think the turnovers were the main reason.

Is it just me, but is anybody else still not sold on McCarthy? W-L record aside, I'm not sure he is a good game day coach.

But the first four weeks of the season he was...?

cordscords
10-11-2007, 12:17 AM
But the first four weeks of the season he was...?

I didnt like him when we hired him. I still didnt like him the final 4 weeks of last season, or the first 4 weeks of this season. The big reason for me is the play calling. Even the games we won I felt there were situations that we should have ran, and we passed. Some downs called for a pass play, and we ran the ball. I find myself disagreeing with the play calling the majority of the games since he's been around.

I think he does a good job at preparing for opponents, and getting the production out of such a young team. But I'm not a fan of the play calling and in game adjustments. Just my opinion.

PACKmanN
10-11-2007, 03:22 PM
I didnt like him when we hired him. I still didnt like him the final 4 weeks of last season, or the first 4 weeks of this season. The big reason for me is the play calling. Even the games we won I felt there were situations that we should have ran, and we passed. Some downs called for a pass play, and we ran the ball. I find myself disagreeing with the play calling the majority of the games since he's been around.

I think he does a good job at preparing for opponents, and getting the production out of such a young team. But I'm not a fan of the play calling and in game adjustments. Just my opinion.

and after all these games your still blaming MM for the run game? how about the o-line, running backs, o-line coaches, running back coaches.

MM should be the last person to blame this on.

ImBrotherCain
10-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Well i kinda agree with you here... but he really hasn't done that much to upset me. When we hired him i was confused and ticked. I thought they should have given the chance to Bates or even given Mariucci a chance an see if he could have proven him self with a average team(at that point) instead of a bottom of the barrel team. But seeing as that MM is having some success with this team im not ready to have his head for one or to mistakes. I also realize that he is coaching a team that is loaded with young talent but not every on can win with just talent. So im willing to give him a chance and wait till he does something very wrong till im calling for his head.

cordscords
10-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Well i kinda agree with you here... but he really hasn't done that much to upset me. When we hired him i was confused and ticked. I thought they should have given the chance to Bates or even given Mariucci a chance an see if he could have proven him self with a average team(at that point) instead of a bottom of the barrel team. But seeing as that MM is having some success with this team im not ready to have his head for one or to mistakes. I also realize that he is coaching a team that is loaded with young talent but not every on can win with just talent. So im willing to give him a chance and wait till he does something very wrong till im calling for his head.

I was hoping Bates would get the job as well.

I'm not calling for the guys head by any means. He's grown on me a lot, and I obviously cant be too mad at him because of the job he's done. I just think he's still a little bit raw as a head coach. I'm more than willing to let him finish out his 3 years, but I remain skeptical of him running the team.

Moses
10-11-2007, 08:23 PM
I was hoping Bates would get the job as well.

I'm not calling for the guys head by any means. He's grown on me a lot, and I obviously cant be too mad at him because of the job he's done. I just think he's still a little bit raw as a head coach. I'm more than willing to let him finish out his 3 years, but I remain skeptical of him running the team.

He's done very well in my opinion. Yes, he has made mistakes from a play-calling standpoint but he has still turned the Packers around and made them a contender. His record speaks for itself. I imagine if the Packers go deep into the playoffs this year he will get an extension.

princefielder28
10-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Whats everyone's reaction to Scott's Mock and the Packers taking Steve Slaton?

Personally I would rather see a CB taken at that spot b/c Woodson and Harris aren't gettig any younger and we don't have players behind them that are starting caliber.

bearsfan_51
10-12-2007, 12:44 PM

Personally I would rather see a CB taken at that spot b/c Woodson and Harris aren't gettig any younger and we don't have players behind them that are starting caliber.
Starting runningback is a bigger concern than 3rd CB IMO. Maybe one of the guys you have will burst out, but nothing has been shown yet to even remotely solidify that position.

Twiddler
10-12-2007, 12:59 PM

I think with our inadequacies at RB we need to take advantage if we have a good RB who falls into our laps during the draft. Granted, our CB's behind Woodson and Harris are weak at best but I think that we can squeeze one more productive year out of them before their age really affects their play. I'm thinking that later on in first day is another option for a CB. In the end, we really need both, just RB a little more than CB in my position.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-12-2007, 03:51 PM
I think Jonathan Stewart and Slaton would be awesome fits and probably will be in the range where we'll be picking, at least 1 of them should be there.

jackalope
10-12-2007, 04:05 PM

Personally I would rather see a CB taken at that spot b/c Woodson and Harris aren't gettig any younger and we don't have players behind them that are starting caliber.I think at the end of the season we'll be able to say whether we should go RB in the first. If none of our running backs start playing better, than I could see us going for a RB there. If we're going to take a RB though, I'd like to see us take one in the first, because I don't think we'll get anyone who is much of an upgrade later. I do still like CB as our first round pick though.

TitleTown088
10-13-2007, 10:35 AM
I dont understand how anyone can be upset with MM... He has the best record out of any coach hired in 2006, and its not as if hes done it with amazing talented vets either. IF anything, Im impressed.

neko4
10-13-2007, 06:14 PM
I think with our inadequacies at RB we need to take advantage if we have a good RB who falls into our laps during the draft. Granted, our CB's behind Woodson and Harris are weak at best but I think that we can squeeze one more productive year out of them before their age really affects their play. I'm thinking that later on in first day is another option for a CB. In the end, we really need both, just RB a little more than CB in my position.
Well if we get one after Harris and woodson go bad then we'll have to wait a year for him to develop, that will mean that we wont have any good CB's that year. Better that we just draft a CB this year, let him develop as a nickel while harris and woodson are still good. Plus we just drafted Jackson, Wynn has been showing flashes, and we atleast have Morency

gbpackers0065
10-13-2007, 08:41 PM

lol, i made that sig so long ago

Favre4ever
10-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Morency looks on the verge of breaking out and the staff loves him a lot, they think he can be the team's feature back. CB on the first pick should be the priority.

Football Fan
10-14-2007, 01:44 AM
I agree on getting a corner, but it seems Thompson will continue to choose best player available. Thompson used a second on Jackson and I dont think he is the kind of GM to give up on his draft pick that quickly. Thompson has an almost annoying amount of patience. Still I cant argue concidering the packs record.

TitleTown088
10-14-2007, 10:59 AM
http://www.leecorsosmerkin.com/justin-timberlake-the-packers-are-bringing-sexy-back/

How these Dbags were allowed into a Packers- bears game is beyond me. The fact that the cat from Dawson's creek is a packers fans makes me want to slit my wrists, vertically.

The Legend
10-15-2007, 04:26 AM
i say in the 2nd round we draft a linebacker

Poppinga has 18 tackles in 6 games avg 3 tackles a game
i know people disagree with me but i think if we could get another good linebacker to our team it will help alot

we need someone to stop there tightends, we almost avg 100yds a game to a tightend its just crazy

Rec-Yd-TD
9-105-1
7-109-2
4-38-0
11-113-0
5-60-0
2-14-0

Total
38-539-3
Average
6-90-0.5

Ezra Butler | Outside Linebacker | Senior | Nevada | 6-2 | 248 | 4.49
will fit our system great i really love this kid

Twiddler
10-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Well if we get one after Harris and woodson go bad then we'll have to wait a year for him to develop, that will mean that we wont have any good CB's that year. Better that we just draft a CB this year, let him develop as a nickel while harris and woodson are still good. Plus we just drafted Jackson, Wynn has been showing flashes, and we atleast have Morency

I see your point but I guess I would rather try and fix something that has been simply terrible for the entire year. Granted, Wynn has shown flashes but thats really it and we can't tell if Morency can stay healthy for long enough to be a big contributor. But if Morency can stay healthy for the rest of the year and have a good year than I will be much more comfy at RB and a CB would be a good choice.

Now onto the point of drafting a LB in the second round. I don't really see why we would. Sure you say he hasn't had that many tackles but how much is Poppinga really in the game? Plus I think since he is "adequate", there isn't enough of a reason to use a 2nd rounder on the same position. With good prospects such as Desmond Bishop and even you could say Aaron Rouse, not to forget Abdul Hodge how many more LB's do we really need?

Nitschke-Hawk
10-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Luckily it's the least important of the linebacker positions. I think by the time a new young SAM would break into the lineup it would be a long time. Unless it were a first round pick or something. If it's the best guy on the board I'm fine with it. I think we need one more play maker on the defense, OR guys getting even better, to achieve the goal of fairly consistent domination.

TitleTown088
10-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Give me Felix Jones, or give me death. I hope he declares.

With RB taken care of in the first the Packers go CB/LB/TE on the rest of day one.

I'd actually really like to see perhaps a high round Tackle... but I'd, apprehensive about it because I think Barbre or Colledge will make the transition well.

So many needs so little picks.

Sportsfan486
10-16-2007, 10:16 AM
With RB taken care of in the first the Packers go CB/LB/TE on the rest of day one.

Donald Lee has stepped it up big time this year.. not sure a day one TE is really a need.

Also, we have a very strong LB core.. Poppinga doesn't make a lot of plays because he's not MEANT to. If he was making plays it'd mean Barnett and Hawk were screwing up and they're playing well.

CB is definitely a day one need and luckily for us it's a very deep CB draft assuming the expected Juniors declare.

Honestly, I would LOVE it if we traded our 1st and 2nd to move up and get Jonathon Stewart and used our 3rd to draft a CB. I would faint in happiness.

drowe
10-16-2007, 10:48 AM
http://www.leecorsosmerkin.com/justin-timberlake-the-packers-are-bringing-sexy-back/

How these Dbags were allowed into a Packers- bears game is beyond me. The fact that the cat from Dawson's creek is a packers fans makes me want to slit my wrists, vertically.

ok, well, i'm glad you're not one of the "men" that are under the impression that it is now ok to like Justin Timberlake. BUT, i do give him a little credit for shotgunning a miller lite.

ImBrotherCain
10-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Donald Lee has stepped it up big time this year.. not sure a day one TE is really a need.

Also, we have a very strong LB core.. Poppinga doesn't make a lot of plays because he's not MEANT to. If he was making plays it'd mean Barnett and Hawk were screwing up and they're playing well.

CB is definitely a day one need and luckily for us it's a very deep CB draft assuming the expected Juniors declare.

Honestly, I would LOVE it if we traded our 1st and 2nd to move up and get Jonathon Stewart and used our 3rd to draft a CB. I would faint in happiness.

IDK im still not ready to give up on our running back situation just yet. I would love to see Justin King in a packers uni though

jackalope
10-16-2007, 04:58 PM
So what's the deal with Koren Robinson? Will he return to the team tomorrow?

The Legend
10-16-2007, 07:44 PM
So what's the deal with Koren Robinson? Will he return to the team tomorrow?

we find out tomorrow if he is reinstated, if he is im guessing thursday he will be at practice

"I think he's done everything he's been asked to do. And it's time to set a good example that you can resurrect not only your career but your life.
"There's still a lot left for him to do on and off the field. But give a guy an opportunity. I hope it works out for us here, I do. He can help us but more importantly, from my conversations with him, he sounds like he's doing outstanding off the field."

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/10/12/brett-favre-wants-koren-robinson-reinstated/

jackalope
10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
we find out tomorrow if he is reinstated, if he is im guessing thursday he will be at practice

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/10/12/brett-favre-wants-koren-robinson-reinstated/

So, if he is reinstated, does he take Bodiford's spot on the roster, and will he be ready for the Denver game?

Driver, Jennings, Jones, Robinson, and Martin is a good looking group of receivers if you ask me.

PACKmanN
10-16-2007, 08:16 PM
So, if he is reinstated, does he take Bodiford's spot on the roster, and will he be ready for the Denver game?

Driver, Jennings, Jones, Robinson, and Martin is a good looking group of receivers if you ask me.

yes he should. He has been out of jail for awhile so he should have practiced and studied the playbook.

For the draft this is what I think we should do.

1. Jonathan Stewart
2. Mike Jenkins
3. Martin Rucker.

Moses
10-16-2007, 08:57 PM
I wonder if Koren could contribute on kick returns or, more importantly, punt returns. I hate to see Woodson back there taking them.

Twiddler
10-16-2007, 09:00 PM
I wonder if Koren could contribute on kick returns or, more importantly, punt returns. I hate to see Woodson back there taking them.

If I remember right, wasn't he taking kicks/punts last year when he was on our team? And if I remember correctly, he was pretty good at it too. So he'll definitely be worth it.

neko4
10-16-2007, 09:05 PM
100% against getting a 1st Round RB
I would love to Koren back to take Woodson's spot on PR, since he's a starter and maybe make a few good catches too. I hope he's doing well off the field too. He coulda been real good

JF4
10-16-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't think we should draft a RB period. I'm in favor of bringing in a player that's already in the NFL and has had success.

I think Micheal Turner is going to be a pretty good running back and I would love it if the Packers signed him in the offseason. He wouldn't cost that much and he has that big play ability we need at RB.

Why I think we shouldn't draft a RB is because where we're going to be picking I don't think we're gonna be able to get a guy who's gonna be able to come in and start right away. And I also don't think we should give up on Morency, Jackson and Wynn just yet. All of them have little experience and will only get better in time.

neko4
10-16-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't think we should draft a RB period. I'm in favor of bringing in a player that's already in the NFL and has had success.

I think Micheal Turner is going to be a pretty good running back and I would love it if the Packers signed him in the offseason. He wouldn't cost that much and he has that big play ability we need at RB.

Why I think we shouldn't draft a RB is because where we're going to be picking I don't think we're gonna be able to get a guy who's gonna be able to come in and start right away. And I also don't think we should give up on Morency, Jackson and Wynn just yet. All of them have little experience and will only get better in time.

See Mock Draft entitled "Weird Looking Mock Draft"

bearsfan_51
10-16-2007, 11:10 PM

Giving huge money to Turner (and rest assured he will get big money) would be the epitome of giving up on anyone else as a starter. It would be even more significant than using a 1st rounder on one.

Sorry..I missed where you said he wouldn't cost that much...yeah that's absurd.

Moses
10-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Giving huge money to Turner (and rest assured he will get big money) would be the epitome of giving up on anyone else as a starter. It would be even more significant than using a 1st rounder on one.

Sorry..I missed where you said he wouldn't cost that much...yeah that's absurd.

Agreed. Turner is going to be one of the top RBs available and will demand way more money than he has proven he is worth. The problem with Green Bay's running game goes beyond the runningback position anyway. Plugging even an established player won't solve the problems. The offensive line needs to either start cutblocking or bulk up.

neko4
10-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Agreed. Turner is going to be one of the top RBs available and will demand way more money than he has proven he is worth. The problem with Green Bay's running game goes beyond the runningback position anyway. Plugging even an established player won't solve the problems. The offensive line needs to either start cutblocking or bulk up.
Many people brought the loss of our OC and i think that has some to do w/ it. I dont think the need at OL is enough to draft one first day, but if we have 8+ picks (which we will) than getting one or two late would be nice

TitleTown088
10-17-2007, 02:52 AM
ok, well, i'm glad you're not one of the "men" that are under the impression that it is now ok to like Justin Timberlake. BUT, i do give him a little credit for shotgunning a miller lite.

Miller light? Icky.

The Legend
10-17-2007, 04:51 AM

he has been working out with Brett Favre trainer

favre said in his interview so thats another good sign the he feels he can trust him

Twiddler
10-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Many people brought the loss of our OC and i think that has some to do w/ it. I dont think the need at OL is enough to draft one first day, but if we have 8+ picks (which we will) than getting one or two late would be nice

It certainly doesn't seem to help at all. Just look at our O-line this year compared to last year. All the pieces are there, and everyone is a little more experienced, but it just doesn't look the same. Its easy to say that Jagodzinski was a very good coach for us, I mean just look at what he's doing at BC this year.

And thats good news for Koren, I'm starting to get a little excited.

JF4
10-17-2007, 10:58 AM

I agree with that the run game goes beyond the RB. The inside of the line has yet to prove they can consistently open holes for anyone and Tauscher and Clifton have also struggled with the run block.

But with Turner you are getting a guy who is capable of making plays by himself. I'm not trying to say that he will be able to turn the rush game around himself but he will be the first big play threat we've had at RB since Ahman Green in his prime. Watching our run game this year i'm always thinking, if he could've just broken that one tackle, or if he could've been one step faster to the outside. Outside of a few plays by Deshawn Wynn and maybe 1 by Morency we haven't seen our RB's create anything by themselves. I just think Turner can be one of those guys if he's placed in a feature roll.

As for money, I dont know what I was thinking when I said he wouldn't cost that much because like it's been pointed out, he will. But the Packers have the money to spend and if Favre retires (IMO he will) they will have even more money. If Favre were to retire I don't see how A-Rod could succeed in a offense without a legitimate run game.

To BF51's point about how bringing in Turner would be giving up on our RB's right now. It probably would be giving up on 2 of them but whoever is able to step up and become our 2nd RB would still have a chance to develop. Deshawn Wynn is the only one of them who has shown real promise so far, but I also don't think Morency and Jackson have had enough oppurtunity. By the end of the year we will definately have a good idea of which RB's can run the ball in the NFL. Right now the odd man out IMO if we were to sign Turner would be Morency and I would have absolutely no problem at all with releasing him. That would leave Turner #1 and Jackson and Wynn to fight it out for #2.

Also it doesn't haven't to be Turner, though I do like him a lot. I would like to see who some of the other free agent RB's are and also some of the players who could be on the trading block at the end of next year.

TitleTown088
10-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Robinson back to practice...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3067319

drowe
10-17-2007, 12:12 PM

great news!

Twiddler
10-17-2007, 12:23 PM

Woot! Very good news for us.

Moses
10-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Free-Agent Runningbacks:

Michael Turner, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Jamal Lewis, UFA, Cleveland Browns
Fred Taylor, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
Vernand Morency, RFA, Green Bay Packers
Chris Brown, UFA, Tennessee Titans
Julius Jones, UFA, Dallas Cowboys
Cedric Cobbs RFA Denver Broncos
T.J. Duckett UFA Detroit Lions
Justin Fargas UFA Oakland Raiders
Noah Herron RFA Green Bay Packers
Maurice Hicks UFA San Francisco 49ers
Travis Minor UFA St. Louis Rams
Mewelde Moore UFA Minnesota Vikings
Artose Pinner UFA Minnesota Vikings
Musa Smith UFA Baltimore Ravens
Tyson Thompson RFA Dallas Cowboys
LaBrandon Toefield UFA Jacksonville Jaguars

There are a lot of options and I bet at least one of those guys could turn out to be a good bargain.

drowe
10-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Free-Agent Runningbacks:

There are a lot of options and I bet at least one of those guys could turn out to be a good bargain.

good find. If I were running things at 1265, i'd go for Fargas. I could see him being a good fit.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-17-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm wondering who thinks Corey Williams will get re-signed? I think he will, hopefully before the end of the year. Didn't Jenkins get re-signed late in the season or was it right after it? Williams has played every D Line position at times this year. In the Redskins game he lined up at every one of them. More versatile than Jenkins if you think about it.

My breakdown of the D Line skills/roles in order:

Run Clogger- 1. Pickett, 2. Kampman, 3. Jolly, 4. Jenkins, 5. Williams.
------
Run Penetrator- 1. Jolly, (splitting hairs with the next two) 2. Jenkins, 3. Williams, 4. Kampman, 5. Pickett.
------
Pass Rusher- 1. Kampman, 2. KGB, (splitting hairs with the next two) 3. Williams, 4. Jenkins, 5. Jolly.
------
Versatility- 1. Williams, 2. Jenkins, 3. Jolly (pretty good athlete IMO).

-----

Play Making ability-

1. Kampman (doesn't he always seems to come up with sacks when we need them most?)

2. Williams ( I really think he's having a huge year)

3. Jenkins (a truly rare combination of size, power and quickness helps him vs. the run and pass)

4. Jolly ( He'd be higher if this weren't his first year of impact, gets his hand on the ball quite often)

5. KGB (Would be number one if he were good against the run, but he cause the QB fumbles more than anyone else and of course has had a ton of sacks during his career)

--------

Best Player-

1. Kampman ( Likely on his way to leading all D Lineman in tackles for the 3rd straight year, his pass rush keeps getting better and more consistent, awesome character guy and leader *20.5 sacks in his last 22 games*)

2. Williams (really rising on my favorite players list, I think he's such an underrated player, another great character guy too)

3. Pickett (Takes more double teams than anybody else on the team against the run, any team that has a guy that does that places a huge value on it, another guy underrated nationally, and even by some Packers fans. He doesn't have the play making of the elite Nose Tackles, but hardly anybody ever gives him credit for doing what he does.)

4. Jenkins (Injuries have hampered him a little bit so he doesn't have the numbers you hope for. But I didn't think he'd be a great numbers guy either way. He's the type of player that does the dirty work, plays two positions, plays extremely hard, great character)

--------

Most Valuable-

1. Kampman (all the things I mentioned before, plus he plays the most snaps, and the depth at his position is the weakest. Williams has been playing there when Kampman's out)

2. Pickett (double teams...stops run...)

3. Williams (can and has played every position)

Kampman is undisputed. Another reason I put Pickett 2nd is because Williams and Jenkins are pretty similar and they do the same types of things. Jolly is similar too. Then I put Williams third because of his 4 positions to Jenkins 2, plus I think he's played extremely well. Not just because it's his contract year. But really he's gotten significantly better each season.

Thoughts?

Nitschke-Hawk
10-17-2007, 01:07 PM
I've always liked Fred Taylor. I haven't seen him this year but he still looked pretty fresh last season. He's 30 or 31. Not as a feature back, but I think 12 to 15 touches a game from him would really help us out.

cordscords
10-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Unfortunatley I think CW isnt re-signed. I think thats a big reason why we drafted Harrell. Saving money, and having the luxury of easing a player into the NFL.

Still dont like the pick, but I did like Harrell.

GB12
10-17-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm starting to think that we will resign Corey Williams. Yes we drafted Harrell, but Williams is rising up the list of good NFL DTs. Harrell can't be kept that far down on the depth chart next season though. I'd like to see us unload Cole for what ever draft pick he'll get us.

As for Robinson that's great news. He'll have an impact right away on the returns. I thought Tramon Williams was doing alright on kicks, but Robinson's a former probowl returner. I really like getting Woodson out of punt return duties. I don't think he'll get in much as a receiver right away, but that's a nice group of WRs once he does. Driver, Jennings, Jones, Robinson, Martin.

Pack_Attack_4
10-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Unfortunatley I think CW isnt re-signed. I think thats a big reason why we drafted Harrell. Saving money, and having the luxury of easing a player into the NFL.

Still dont like the pick, but I did like Harrell.

i agree i dont like the pick either we could of just sighned cory williams at the end of this year and still would have pritty good depth at DT. and instead of draftin a rb in the 2nd we could of used our 1st n 2nd to trade up to get lynch or AD, If u think about if our team would be even better than thy are now with AD runnin the ball.

princefielder28
10-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Free-Agent Runningbacks:

I thought Tatum Bell was due to be a FA......otherwise on that list I would like to see Mewelde Moore

GB12
10-17-2007, 10:46 PM
4.3 Average length of the opponents' return after a Jon Ryan punt.

That's a great stat.

neko4
10-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Offseason moves i want us to do:
-Trade Cole, he's good enough to be a good backup on most teams.
-Keep all RB's until Camp and sign one in FA. This way we can enter camp w/ 7 (Jackson,Morency,Wynn,Herron,Grant,FA) and see who really has the ability. Most likely, Jackson, the FA and Wynn would be the 3 to remain.
-Draft a CB, TE, and LB in that order. If we even think of a RB it should be in the mid 2nd day if we find someone we think is a steal.
-Maybe trade Ruvell Martin, if he has a good year.

Football Fan
10-18-2007, 04:15 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=676162
This was one of the obvious bad calls, I didnt like that bogus phantom holding call that cost the pack another touchdown in that game. At least they won the game though.