PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83

drowe
10-18-2007, 08:44 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=676162
This was one of the obvious bad calls, I didnt like that bogus phantom holding call that cost the pack another touchdown in that game. At least they won the game though.

good to see. i am really glad that call didn't cost us the game.

stats wise it sucks, because Favre's game would look a lot better on paper if he had 200+ passing yards and a TD, both of which woulda been attained if the right call had been made. and Bubba made a heck of a catch there.

umphrey
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Is it my imagination or have the refs been horrible to us this year? Even at Lambeau they seem to hate us.

Twiddler
10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Is it my imagination or have the refs been horrible to us this year? Even at Lambeau they seem to hate us.

Eh, don't make too much out of it. Sure, they blew two big calls last game that really hurt us(Bubba force out and I think it was Tauscher's hold, one of them, either way it was pathetic) but if you were to really look at the season, it all evens out. But its just a common thought to forget the calls we got and only remembered where we got screwed, which is why pretty much all fans think their teams get screwed. It really evens out.

Hawk
10-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Offseason moves i want us to do:
-Trade Cole, he's good enough to be a good backup on most teams.
-Keep all RB's until Camp and sign one in FA. This way we can enter camp w/ 7 (Jackson,Morency,Wynn,Herron,Grant,FA) and see who really has the ability. Most likely, Jackson, the FA and Wynn would be the 3 to remain.
-Draft a CB, TE, and LB in that order. If we even think of a RB it should be in the mid 2nd day if we find someone we think is a steal.
-Maybe trade Ruvell Martin, if he has a good year.

I don't think Cole or Martin would bring us anything other than a 6th or 7th RD pick

GB12
10-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Frank Walker out a month. http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=676477
CB depth's getting extremely thin.

As for good news,

Roster move: Tackle Orrin Thompson was waived Thursday to make room for wide receiver Koren Robinson, who was granted a two-game roster exemption

neko4
10-19-2007, 03:28 PM
any chance that Rouse shows up to my(and his former) schools homecoming game since its a bye

The Legend
10-21-2007, 04:20 AM
Frank Walker out a month. http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=676477
CB depth's getting extremely thin.

i say we call Deion Sanders :)

that would make my year, i'd buy the jersey

Deion Sanders #40 (for his age)

jackalope
10-21-2007, 08:09 PM
As you've likely heard, Max McGee died.

From Packers.com

Max McGee, the free-spirited Green Bay Packers receiver who became part of Super Bowl lore after a night on the town, died when he fell while clearing leaves from the roof of his home. He was 75.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-21-2007, 11:27 PM
RIP Max McGee.

Jim Jim
10-23-2007, 12:01 PM
I wonder why Green Bay hasn't brought Tory James for a look. I know they did during free agency and he seems to be a savy veteran guy who could give us a more solid nickel than Bush.

The Legend
10-23-2007, 01:02 PM
I wonder why Green Bay hasn't brought Tory James for a look. I know they did during free agency and he seems to be a savy veteran guy who could give us a more solid nickel than Bush.

i would like to take a look at Mike Rumph

GB12
10-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Harrell injured his ankle. He'll be out a couple weeks, maybe the year. http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=679109

neko4
10-26-2007, 03:28 PM
That article said: "when the packers decide to activate Koren Robinson"
Does this mean Koren isnt on the depth chart yet?
Also lets just put the dude on IR, no reason to hope he gets better this year. Let him sit and next year he can be an animal.

Also is Dendy still on the market, i miss that dude. He was great for a nickel i thought and i felt he did better in preseason than Bush.

GB12
10-26-2007, 03:33 PM
That article said: "when the packers decide to activate Koren Robinson"
Does this mean Koren isnt on the depth chart yet?
Also lets just put the dude on IR, no reason to hope he gets better this year. Let him sit and next year he can be an animal.

Also is Dendy still on the market, i miss that dude. He was great for a nickel i thought and i felt he did better in preseason than Bush.
We got a 2 week roster exemption so we haven't had to activate him yet, he most likely will by monday though and probably will return kicks.

GadoR'Savior
10-28-2007, 01:20 PM
does anyone else feel like ted thompson, is the one to blame for the Patriots being unstoppable? It would have only takin a 4th round pick to get him. just picture farves stats if they had got moss! geeez

Sportsfan486
10-28-2007, 02:36 PM
does anyone else feel like ted thompson, is the one to blame for the Patriots being unstoppable? It would have only takin a 4th round pick to get him. just picture farves stats if they had got moss! geeez

As soon as Favre had a bad game Moss would blow up and our team would nose-dive.

Boston
10-28-2007, 02:42 PM

Yeah. I heard he had something to do with global warming as well...

neko4
10-28-2007, 02:53 PM
As soon as Favre had a bad game Moss would blow up and our team would nose-dive.
Favre wouldnt have too many bad ones and Moss would be more patient

neko4
10-28-2007, 03:07 PM
So is it better that CHI lost or would it better if CHI had won?

princefielder28
10-28-2007, 03:56 PM
So is it better that CHI lost or would it better if CHI had won?

it's always good that they lose b/c when their defense is healthy they are alot harder to beat than Detroit.

Football Fan
10-28-2007, 06:01 PM
I definately would have preferred that the bears won. Damn bears suck more than I thought. Now detroit ties the pack for the division if the pack loses to denver.

Twiddler
10-28-2007, 09:05 PM
I definately would have preferred that the bears won. Damn bears suck more than I thought. Now detroit ties the pack for the division if the pack loses to denver.

But would you rather have a team like Detroit as the only main other contendor for the division or would you like to have both Chicago and Detroit both close enough? I know I'm much more relaxed now that Chicago is 3-5 and is really far behind in the division. They were making me nervous there for awhile. Plus I think eventually Detroit will slow down which is good because we may also.

Football Fan
10-29-2007, 12:47 AM
But would you rather have a team like Detroit as the only main other contendor for the division or would you like to have both Chicago and Detroit both close enough? I know I'm much more relaxed now that Chicago is 3-5 and is really far behind in the division. They were making me nervous there for awhile. Plus I think eventually Detroit will slow down which is good because we may also.
Im not really sure I feared the packers playing the bears again, I think the pack really should have won the first meeting. Yes the bears did appear to be comming back, but they have looked so damn ugly as usual. Not to mention it looks like Urlacher may never be the same player he has been do to some sort of arthritic condition developing with his back. I guess what I do like is that of the 5 teams that detroit did beat, the total wins of those teams was 13. The total amount of wins for the packers opponents is 19. Hopefully that will mean something when the 2 teams meet. Though I have to admit, I dont think a few of those teams the packers beat were playing there best ball at the time. However I dont think the packers have exactly played there best ball either. I do think that it is now imparative that the packers sweep the series with the lions. The lions have as good as or a better division and conference record than the pack.

RockJock07
10-29-2007, 12:47 AM
Yeah, I'd prefer the Bears lose, they really should be 2-6 after that game in Philly but I think the Lions have a very good passing game and many people forget that the running game is coming around too. Kevin Jones went over a 100 yards today and looked good agaisnt a bad bears team.

Who really would have though that this upcoming Thanksgiving game is gonna have this much at stake? I know I didn't.

As for tomorrow's game, I think Champ is gonna play so it's gonna be real interesting game. I think the Pack wins, but it's gonna be very entertaining. I hope Koren plays, we need him on punt returns, i always hold me breath when Woodsen is back there.

TitleTown088
10-30-2007, 04:43 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803bd71c
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803bd71c
edit.. OK it wont post the right video... but go to the TEAMs tab then to soundtracks- Brett Favre..
This is why I love Brett Favre... Pay attention to his cookie comment towards the beginning. The guy is ******* hilarious.

neko4
10-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Stat Projections:
Favre: 414-626 4677YDS 25TD 14INT
Wynn: 114-464 9TD
Grant: 64-299 0TD
Jackson: 87-222 2TD
Morency: 37-146 0TD
Driver: 89-1006 5TD
Jones: 59-914 2TD
Jennings: 46-843 9TD
Lee: 57-695 2TD
Bubba: 32-206 5TD
Ruvell(But Robinson should take over soon): 14-223 0TD

neko4
10-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Why was that thread locked?

Boston
10-30-2007, 04:07 PM
My ******* god. I'm so sick of watching "experts" predict the Giants "teeing off on the Brett with no running game in the playoffs." Umm... yeah, six straight, that's nice. Who beat them last? What? The Packers? There's still an arguement over this?

GB12
10-30-2007, 04:10 PM
My ******* god. I'm so sick of watching "experts" predict the Giants "teeing off on the Brett with no running game in the playoffs." Umm... yeah, six straight, that's nice. Who beat them last? What? The Packers? There's still an arguement over this?
Are you watching Around the Horn? Blackistone is a ******* moron. "The Cowboys and Giants have a better defense", "Brett Favre's arm will be tired at the end of the year". There was more that was just as bad.

PackerLegend
10-30-2007, 04:42 PM
The Green Bay Packers have activated wide receiver Koren Robinson and placed running back DeShawn Wynn on injured reserve. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, made the announcement Tuesday.

Robinson, a seventh-year pro from North Carolina State, was officially reinstated by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Oct. 18 and has been practicing under a league roster exemption since Oct. 22. The 6-foot-1, 205-pound player saw action in four games with the Packers last season as a kick returner and reserve receiver. Robinson will wear No. 81.

Wynn, a 5-foot-10, 232-pound rookie from Florida, started four games at running back for the Packers this season and saw action in all seven games. He rushed for 203 yards and four touchdowns on 50 carries.

Boston
10-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Are you watching Around the Horn? Blackistone is a ******* moron. "The Cowboys and Giants have a better defense", "Brett Favre's arm will be tired at the end of the year". There was more that was just as bad.

It's so BS watching some of the **** they come up with. First, Brett was too old, lack of weapons, etc. Then we didn't have a running game (I'm not saying we have one now, but it is all we need at this point) and now, we'll struggle in December - because Brett will get "tired" - where if I remember correctly, we dominate.

Boston
10-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Bomb Absent From Favre's Arsenal (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=678149)

1 Week Later...

Long Distance Connections Crystal Clear (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=680131)

Funny how that works.

wiscbadgerfootball
10-30-2007, 05:10 PM
God for MVP!

Twiddler
10-30-2007, 05:11 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/10/30/favre/index.html

Stupid me, I should have stayed downstairs, with the TV on. Now there's no way I could sleep for at least 15 or 20 minutes. My heart was beating a mile a minute, like I was there.

Peter King's thoughts on Favre's throw last night. Granted it was amazing and all that, has Peter finally taken his mancrush a little far? lol

Oh and Boston, I've always wondered this, is there a reason why the a's are missing in your sig in his name? Or do they just not have that "a" key in Canada(I mean Cnd) since Packmann made it....

GB12
10-30-2007, 05:13 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/10/30/favre/index.html

Peter King's thoughts on Favre's throw last night. Granted it was amazing and all that, has Peter finally taken his mancrush a little far? lol

Oh and Boston, I've always wondered this, is there a reason why the a's are missing in your sig in his name? Or do they just not have that "a" key in Canada(I mean Cnd) since Packmann made it....

I see an a...

Twiddler
10-30-2007, 05:15 PM
I see an a...

Haha oops, I see the second one. And a little bit of the first one. Stupid me.

neko4
10-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Someone find me his e-mail

Boston
10-30-2007, 05:56 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803be053

This is one of the many reasons I love Favre.

Moses
10-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Well, at least the Packers running back situation is sorted out now.

1. Ryan Grant
2. Vernand Morency
3. Brandon Jackson

neko4
10-30-2007, 10:26 PM
James Jones is gonna get Rookie of the week

RockJock07
10-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I about lost it when Blackistone was talking up the Giants. Sure they have played alot better but please. I'll take brett over eli and our defense over theres. They might have a better front 7 (by a hair) but our secondary is better. Please Kevin, FAVRE'S ARM WILL TIRE OUT IN DECEMBER, what a d-bag.

As for Wynn, this means Brandon needs to step-up and prove he was worth a second round pick. Brandon really struggled early in the season, but so did everyone else at the RB position, i would like to see him and grant split carries in KC. Also, what about playing Rouse for a week instead of Bigby?

I also have a draft question, what does everyone think of the TE out of USC? (forgot his name) he might go higher then were the packers pick but i wouldn't mind adding an solid TE. Although Donald Lee has had a very good year. I still think that a CB in the first day is a must. it's too bad that there are no solid S prospects, cause we could use one too.

neko4
10-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Fred Davis is the guy
Also our front seven beats theres. They might have the best DE duo, but we've got a top 5 DE, a great pass rusher and tremndous depth

Nitschke-Hawk
10-31-2007, 12:44 PM
All the Giants have on defense is a nasty pass rush and some really nice blitzes. And defensively we win just about every matchup player vs player every single week. Plus we already beat them by 22. If we played again it would be closer. But I think we'd win 6 or 7 times outta 10 in New York.

lod01
10-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Well, at least the Packers running back situation is sorted out now.

1. Ryan Grant
2. Vernand Morency
3. Brandon Jackson

2 questions.

1. Grant and fumbles. Any history? He had the one at MN. Anyone know how he did in college and at Giants training camp?

2. Is he just better suited for this blocking scheme than the others? I know the Broncos suck at run D but every time I've seen him run, it has been a good powerful run.

He claimed 4.4 speed at training camp in NY after being a slow 4.6 in his workout.

ny10804
10-31-2007, 08:06 PM
Some random food for thought:

ESPN's Braintrust Picks for the Pack

Hoge; 4-3
Wickersham; 3-4
Schlereth; 3-4
Allen; 3-4
Accuscore; 3-4
Jaworski; 2-4 (doesn't pick MNF game)
Salisbury; 2-5
Golic; 1-6
Chad Mortenson; 1-6

TOTAL: 22-40 (.367)

Lesson: flipping a coin gives you a much better prediction of a winner in a Packers game than does listening to ESPN's "braintrust."

RockJock07
10-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Some random food for thought:

ESPN's Braintrust Picks for the Pack

Hoge; 4-3
Wickersham; 3-4
Schlereth; 3-4
Allen; 3-4
Accuscore; 3-4
Jaworski; 2-4 (doesn't pick MNF game)
Salisbury; 2-5
Golic; 1-6
Chad Mortenson; 1-6

TOTAL: 22-40 (.367)

Lesson: flipping a coin gives you a much better prediction of a winner in a Packers game than does listening to ESPN's "braintrust."

I'm interested to see who thought Denver would win. I mean i know the packers couldn't run the ball up until that game but come on, the packers were coming off of a bye, everything fell in place for them to win. Picking games in general is a crap shoot. 4 out of 5 of the writers on Packersnews.com picked the Broncos to win, so again, picking games is mostly just a coin-flip

GB12
10-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Mile High ratings

The Packers at Denver Broncos "Monday Night Football" game was the highest-rated game for ESPN this season.
An estimated 10.1 million households and 14 million viewers saw all or part of the overtime game, which did not have to go up against a Game 5 in the World Series.
The Packers-Broncos game delivered the second most viewers for any show on cable television this year, behind only "High School Musical 2" on the Disney Channel. Packers-Broncos had a higher rating than the Dallas Cowboys at Buffalo Bills game Oct. 8, which had been the highest-rated Monday game of the season.
piss, piss out my ass

Hawk
10-31-2007, 11:15 PM
piss, piss out my ass

woot 14 million people got to see how holy lord favre really is

princefielder28
10-31-2007, 11:23 PM
woot 14 million people got to see how holy lord favre really is

14 mil got to see the risen Christ

ImBrotherCain
11-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Just a thought here, what if we pick up Adibi in the 2nd or 3rd round he plays SAM LB and could give Poppinga a run for his money as a stud LB to give us one of the best LB cores if not the best in the NFL... Again just a thought... Plus for some reason im just not a Poppinga fan. I really like the Idea of Justin King first round and a HB 2-3

Moses
11-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Just a thought here, what if we pick up Adibi in the 2nd or 3rd round he plays SAM LB and could give Poppinga a run for his money as a stud LB to give us one of the best LB cores if not the best in the NFL... Again just a thought... Plus for some reason im just not a Poppinga fan. I really like the Idea of Justin King first round and a HB 2-3

It's tough to invest a lot in a linebacker that will likely only be on the field for about half the plays. I think it's a better idea to invest in a nickel cornerback since they'll likely eventually replace either Harris or Woodson as a starter. The Packers need to infuse their secondary with some young, top-end talent.

RockJock07
11-01-2007, 09:43 AM
It's tough to invest a lot in a linebacker that will likely only be on the field for about half the plays. I think it's a better idea to invest in a nickel cornerback since they'll likely eventually replace either Harris or Woodson as a starter. The Packers need to infuse their secondary with some young, top-end talent.

I couldn't agree more. I think that I would go after a a CB or TE in round one because Harris and Woodson are getting older and the idea of Bush as a starter makes me vomit. Wouldn't mind TT drafting all CB's in the first day, sort of like Denver did a couple years ago.

there are really no other pressing needs on this team then CB depth and maybe an up and coming TE. WR/RB/D and O line/linebacker are set. If i was gonna nitpick i would look at punters, John Ryan is solid but i think we could upgrade.

neko4
11-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Michael Silver from yahoo actually has a brain!
As Brett Favre's breathtaking deep ball soared through the thin Colorado air Monday night, football fans everywhere but the Rockies were sky-high with the expectation that the 38-year-old quarterback was producing yet another unforgettable thrill.
But shortly after Packers wideout Greg Jennings (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7801/;_ylt=AuiEb_12jzwpOmKF2t4fWLqr0op4) raced into the end zone to complete the 82-yard hookup on the first play of overtime, it was time to get grounded and consider the ramifications of Green Bay's 19-13 victory over the Broncos.
First, how impressive is the Packers' defense? Led by linebacker Nick Barnett (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6365/;_ylt=Ara8HmZs6VnA7eP9AEEn57er0op4) and cornerback Charles Woodson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4271/;_ylt=Ar11Undz5DV3KLEwwStP7zSr0op4), Green Bay limited a Broncos team that had put up 31 on the Steelers the previous week to a touchdown and a pair of field goals, surviving a late drive on which Denver was four yards from victory. The defenses of the Cowboys and Giants get more attention, but among the NFC's top contenders, the Pack's might actually be the best of the three.
Secondly, while Favre's two scoring bombs led the highlight packages, did anyone happen to notice that a first-year player named Ryan Grant (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7635/;_ylt=AvciViErhWqTDBokxt_CGaKr0op4) ran 22 times for 104 yards? If the Packers suddenly have a running game to go with their majestically revived quarterback, this could be a very good offense when the weather turns and the games get big.

I dont think our D is better than Dallas. But maybe equal nor do i think Grant is the permanant solution, but i could see him and our line getting a confidence boost.

GB12
11-01-2007, 03:17 PM
I couldn't agree more. I think that I would go after a a CB or TE in round one because Harris and Woodson are getting older and the idea of Bush as a starter makes me vomit. Wouldn't mind TT drafting all CB's in the first day, sort of like Denver did a couple years ago.

there are really no other pressing needs on this team then CB depth and maybe an up and coming TE. WR/RB/D and O line/linebacker are set. If i was gonna nitpick i would look at punters, John Ryan is solid but i think we could upgrade.
:eek: You did not just say that. RB is far and away our biggest need. Here's how I'd rank them:

1.RB
2.CB
3.S
4.TE
5.LB

Jon Ryan is seventh in net average, he certainly doesn't need to be replaced.

neko4
11-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I dont think RB is that big
1-CB
2-TE
3-RB
4-LB
5-S
6-DE (Not sure how old KGB is but it seems like he's been here since 2000 so he is a bit up there and a young pass rushing specialist would be nice)
7-OG

we've got tons of youth at RB and alot of age at CB

RockJock07
11-01-2007, 03:39 PM
:eek: You did not just say that. RB is far and away our biggest need. Here's how I'd rank them:

1.RB
2.CB
3.S
4.TE
5.LB

Jon Ryan is seventh in net average, he certainly doesn't need to be replaced.

Um, the Packers don't know what they have at RB position. Until they do, i wouldn't spend another pick on a RB when the secondary is getting old.

GB12
11-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I dont think RB is that big
1-CB
2-TE
3-RB
4-LB
5-S
6-DE (Not sure how old KGB is but it seems like he's been here since 2000 so he is a bit up there and a young pass rushing specialist would be nice)
7-OG

we've got tons of youth at RB and alot of age at CB

RB is way more of a need that TE. Lee ranks 10th in yards and 6th in average among TEs. Bubba has bounced back at least somewhat and is actually a threat in the redzone again. Add to the fact that our passing game is just fine. It's a need but no way bigger than RB.

CB would be for the nickleback for the near future. Harris should be able to stick around for two more years and Woodson at least 3. We should be able to find a guy to devolp and be ready by that time. We could always make a run at a FA too. In any matter a starting RB is way more important than a third corner.

How can you not "think RB is that big"? Like you said we do have youth, but young doesn't equal good. Ryan Grant is the best we have. I like him, but I don't think he's the long term answer. Deshawn Wynn was ok, but he can't carry the load. 20 carries a game is too much for him and we need someone who can take even more than that. 15 might even be too much for him, and he cant stay on the field due to injuries. As for our two top RBs coming into the season, they were behind a 7th round pick and an undrafted first year player that joined the team after the season started on the depth chart. Morency is a change of pace back. Always has been, always will be. He can succeed in that role, but we need good starter before he's of any use. Brandan Jackson is well, crap. He hasn't shown me anything in the time he's been in. His potential seems low to me aswell, he's looking like a bust.

neko4
11-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Well if we do get a RB i'd much rather it be through FA, rather than just develop a guy a year.

GB12
11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Well if we do get a RB i'd much rather it be through FA, rather than just develop a guy a year.
Thing is Turner's the only one out there. I'm still not sure how I feel about him. I'd take him, but I'd rather have Felix Jones or Jonathan Stewart. Plus since he is it at RB he will cost much more than he's worth and there's very little chance Thompson will go after him.

jackalope
11-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Right now, we don't have a running back who has proven anything. I like the way Grant runs. If he can continue to play well for the rest of the season, I think we've found our answer, but I'm skeptical as to whether he'll be able to continue to run that well. As GB12 said, Morencey isn't much more than a change-of-pace back. Jackson has been a major disappointment so far. If he still hasn't shown anything by the end of the season, I may be ready to label him a bust already. I really hope that's not the case though. If no one steps it up and shows that they can be the guy, I can see us taking a running back in the first (Steve Slaton possibly).

I'm starting to see tight end as less of a need now. Lee is playing well and Franks is doing alright. I don't see us spending a high draft pick here.

If we go running back in the first over corner back, I think we definitely take a corner in round 2.

neko4
11-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Sorry bout the TE thing, i thought Lee was 30+, he's only 27

Moses
11-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Kampman named NFC defensive player of the month

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/11/01/kampman-named-nfc-defensive-player-of-the-month.aspx

princefielder28
11-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Kampman named NFC defensive player of the month

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/11/01/kampman-named-nfc-defensive-player-of-the-month.aspx

His best performance had to be the Redskins game. The penetration he got was sensational and he got under their pads and dominated

neko4
11-01-2007, 10:00 PM
yeah, this week he went against crappy dudes, the skinz game probably had him againt samuels most of the time

umphrey
11-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Question: when Harris and Woodsen retire, do we try to replace them with CBs who can man up and play physical as well as they do, or change our scheme? CBs like that are hard to come by, especially in the draft.

Jim Jim
11-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Question: when Harris and Woodsen retire, do we try to replace them with CBs who can man up and play physical as well as they do, or change our scheme? CBs like that are hard to come by, especially in the draft.

This is why CB is our biggest need. We need top-tier CBs to come in and develop this style of play.

princefielder28
11-02-2007, 11:55 AM
This is why CB is our biggest need. We need top-tier CBs to come in and develop this style of play.

Agree; it needs to be addressed NOW! Who the hell cares if our first rounder would be a nickel for 3 years; we need to start bringing in replacements sooner rather than later. Right now if one of them went down for an extended period of time we would be screwed big time b/c we do not have another CB on this team that is capable of starting. I know we need a RB but that can be addressed in round 2 or 3.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-02-2007, 12:39 PM
yeah, this week he went against crappy dudes, the skinz game probably had him againt samuels most of the time

Samuels is the Left Tackle for Washington. Jon Jansen their Right Tackle was injured and he's pretty good. Right Tackle is one of the weakest positions team to team in the NFL and starters change quite often. With that said Kampman is probably the best Left Defensive End in football right now and plays against these same guys better than everybody else.

Favre4ever
11-02-2007, 12:44 PM
After last year's draft success, this years is starting to look like we struck out on the first 2 choices.

-Harrell is injured but we dont need him anyway. I'd like to know why did we draft this guy? Even if he turns out to be good, we should have used this pick on a corner or a TE. When you think that Olsen and Aaron Ross were available...yeah it hurts.

-Brandon Jackson was a need and we had to draft a RB but i'd like to know what the scouts saw in him to draft him in the second round? In all the games ive seen, i wouldnt be able to tell anybody what type of back he is. Is he a speedster? Slasher? Elusive? He hasnt shown anything in games where he had many carries. He is still very young but i fail to see any kind of upside in him. I'd like to know what type of back was he when he was in college...If somebody knows, please tell me, id appreciate a lot.

thule
11-02-2007, 12:53 PM
As far as the RB position goes for you guys...I saw that Turner was mentioned as the only FA....Julius Jones is going to be a FA soon...and his first year he ran for something like 900 yards in 6 games...and then last year he went for over 1100 while splitting time with MB3. While I wouldn't consider him an elite back...he is at his best with a blocker in front of him...something that Dallas doesn't do as much as they used to in the golden days.

Although Julius is one of the worst backs after contact in the NFL he is dangerous in the open field and would give you guys a nice productive veteran with some tread left on the tires. Not to mention he is one of the best pass blocking RB's in the game and has above average hands out of the backfield. I really think GB will look hard at him if he isn't resigned this offseason.

Moses
11-02-2007, 12:57 PM
There are a lot of good free agent RBs available.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/nfl/freeagentsRB.html

Hawk
11-02-2007, 04:39 PM

Turner or Musa Smith are the only ones that appeal to me from that list

PACKmanN
11-02-2007, 05:08 PM
1. Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon - 5'11 230*
2. Martellus Bennett, TE, Texas A&M- 6'7 255*
3. Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana- 5'11 190
4a. Bobbie Williams, S, Bethune-Cookman- 6'1 210
4b. Frank Morton, DT, Tulane- 6'2 331 -
5. Fernando Velasco, OG/OC, Georgia- 6'4 318
7. Jehuu Caulcrick, FB, Michigan State- 6'0 260

What do u guys think of this mock and could we land these players.

princefielder28
11-02-2007, 10:00 PM

Free agent running back = lot of $$$$$

Sportsfan486
11-02-2007, 10:41 PM
1. Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon - 5'11 230*
2. Martellus Bennett, TE, Texas A&M- 6'7 255*
3. Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana- 5'11 190
4a. Bobbie Williams, S, Bethune-Cookman- 6'1 210
4b. Frank Morton, DT, Tulane- 6'2 331 -
5. Fernando Velasco, OG/OC, Georgia- 6'4 318
7. Jehuu Caulcrick, FB, Michigan State- 6'0 260

What do u guys think of this mock and could we land these players.

No WAY we land Jon Stewart. He's a top 10 pick.

GB12
11-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Looking to resign Lee.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=681978
I hope we do, he's starting to become a good player. I didn't realize Bubba was going to cost that much next year(4.5mil :eek:). He's picked it up a bit from last year, but I can't see him with us next year.

Sportsfan486
11-03-2007, 09:57 AM
After last year's draft success, this years is starting to look like we struck out on the first 2 choices.

-Harrell is injured but we dont need him anyway. I'd like to know why did we draft this guy? Even if he turns out to be good, we should have used this pick on a corner or a TE. When you think that Olsen and Aaron Ross were available...yeah it hurts.

-Brandon Jackson was a need and we had to draft a RB but i'd like to know what the scouts saw in him to draft him in the second round? In all the games ive seen, i wouldnt be able to tell anybody what type of back he is. Is he a speedster? Slasher? Elusive? He hasnt shown anything in games where he had many carries. He is still very young but i fail to see any kind of upside in him. I'd like to know what type of back was he when he was in college...If somebody knows, please tell me, id appreciate a lot.

Harrell is being given time to develop as a player thanks to good DT depth but dont be surprised if he's in there as a starter in a year or two. I still woulda rather drafted a corner, true.

Jackson looked really good on the tape I saw. He wasn't a speedster but had a strong burst through the hole and was a slashing runner with a lot of wiggle to throw defenders off. I really liked his college tape and I'm surprised how poorly he has done.

neko4
11-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Come Join
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102

Twiddler
11-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Looking to resign Lee.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=681978
I hope we do, he's starting to become a good player. I didn't realize Bubba was going to cost that much next year(4.5mil :eek:). He's picked it up a bit from last year, but I can't see him with us next year.

Well when we did sign him, if I remember right his contract was like the 3rd biggest for TE's at the time. So yeah, we're funneling quite a bit of money into him...

PACKmanN
11-03-2007, 11:12 AM
DILLON GETTING READY TO RETURN?

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that veteran running back Corey Dillon, who has previously rebuffed inquiries regarding his availability, is receptive to the idea of returning to the Patriots or signing with another playoff contender, such as the Packers.

Dillion, who last played for the Patriots in 2006, is training in preparation for a comeback.

He won a Super Bowl in 2004 with the Patriots, and he would be a great addition to a team without many/any guys who have championship rings on their fingers.

In this regard, we're getting very intrigued by what the Packers might be able to do in the postseason, especially if they could get Dillon to shore up the position. At a time when everyone with a pulse believes that Sunday's game between the Pats and the Colts is a preview of an AFC title game between the same two teams and that the winner of the rematch will seize the Lombardi Trophy without breaking a sweat, we like the idea of Brett Favre sliding a stone into his slingshot and catching Goliath in the gonads.

So he wants to join us now huh. No thanks.

Twiddler
11-03-2007, 11:31 AM
DILLON GETTING READY TO RETURN?

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that veteran running back Corey Dillon, who has previously rebuffed inquiries regarding his availability, is receptive to the idea of returning to the Patriots or signing with another playoff contender, such as the Packers.

Dillion, who last played for the Patriots in 2006, is training in preparation for a comeback.

He won a Super Bowl in 2004 with the Patriots, and he would be a great addition to a team without many/any guys who have championship rings on their fingers.

In this regard, we're getting very intrigued by what the Packers might be able to do in the postseason, especially if they could get Dillon to shore up the position. At a time when everyone with a pulse believes that Sunday's game between the Pats and the Colts is a preview of an AFC title game between the same two teams and that the winner of the rematch will seize the Lombardi Trophy without breaking a sweat, we like the idea of Brett Favre sliding a stone into his slingshot and catching Goliath in the gonads.

So he wants to join us now huh. No thanks.

So we're too good for Dillon then you're thinking? Yeah, I mean we definitely have our RB position filled with the sure to be superstar Ryan Grant, why should we even think of bringing in a veteran with vast experience to help contribute....

Moses
11-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Well when we did sign him, if I remember right his contract was like the 3rd biggest for TE's at the time. So yeah, we're funneling quite a bit of money into him...

I don't really think it's a problem as long as we're so far under the cap.

neko4
11-03-2007, 01:28 PM
So does Dillon wanna sign this year? or next?

Moses
11-03-2007, 01:29 PM
So does Dillon wanna sign this year? or next?

This year...

I'm not sure he's worth picking up. He's at most an average back now and I don't think he would really add much to this team.

Twiddler
11-03-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't really think it's a problem as long as we're so far under the cap.

As long as that's the situation its fine. It's still a lot to be paying for his services though. But oh well.

PACKmanN
11-03-2007, 02:23 PM
What do you guys think of Ben Troupe? He will be a FA this year and looks like he might hit the market. He not involved with the offense in Tennessee and might want to get more money and get to play more.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/72514565.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB59B82214121D59C6 A40A659CEC4C8CB6

Let Bubba stay or go then bring in Troupe and keep Lee. But I would rather keep Bubba because he more of a redzone threat

PACKmanN
11-03-2007, 02:29 PM
So we're too good for Dillon then you're thinking? Yeah, I mean we definitely have our RB position filled with the sure to be superstar Ryan Grant, why should we even think of bringing in a veteran with vast experience to help contribute....

Yeah we should bring in a running back who is done, slow, not in football shape, and that doesn't fit our scheme. Dillon done, let to move on.

Boston
11-03-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm liking this "underdog" role. It seems as if it's been that way for awhile now...

The Legend
11-03-2007, 10:35 PM
i would'nt mind giving him some money we are not a poor team
its not like he can hurt the team in any way

Boston
11-04-2007, 04:28 PM
This is such an exciting team to watch.

Twiddler
11-04-2007, 05:11 PM
This is such an exciting team to watch.

That's for sure. But I'm sure of this. I'm glad I have a good heart because of how intense and close these games are.

princefielder28
11-04-2007, 08:34 PM
7-1.........I would have never thought we would be in this position after Week 9, but we've been able to pull out these close games with #4 just using some of that magic

PACKmanN
11-04-2007, 10:04 PM
I had nothing to do so I was making jersey changes and this is what i came up with.

HOME-
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/PACKmanN/UNIcopy-1.jpg

AWAY-
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/PACKmanN/uni2copy-1.jpg

what do you guys think?

Moses
11-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Stewart would be a great fit in Green Bay. Unfortunately I don't see him falling to where we will be picking.

Hawk
11-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Stewart would be a great fit in Green Bay. Unfortunately I don't see him falling to where we will be picking.

Which is 31st right?

PACKmanN
11-04-2007, 10:30 PM
what do u think of the uniform change? I like it better over the light yellow.

princefielder28
11-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Which is 31st right?

No 32nd!!!!!!

GB12
11-04-2007, 10:44 PM
No 32nd!!!!!!
There are only 31 picks in the first round therefore 31=Superbowl champs.;)

princefielder28
11-04-2007, 10:45 PM
There are only 31 picks in the first round therefore 31=Superbowl champs.;)

32nd position, not selection :)

GB12
11-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Would have been a better point before Robinson came back, but look where we're getting our recievers from:

Donald Driver-Alcorn State
Greg Jennings-Western Michigan
James Jones-San Jose State
Ruvell Martin-Saginaw Valley State

That's pretty crazy when you think about it.

The Legend
11-05-2007, 04:33 AM
im guessing we are taking a running back 1st or 2nd round

1st Round
Jonathan Stewart - 5'11 - 230 - 20 - Oregon - Running Back
2007 - 177 - 1142 - 10 - 6.5

Note: He still has 2 game left this year, and is only 20 years old

2nd Round
Mike Hart - 5'9 - 202 - 21 - Michgan - Running Back
2004 - 282 - 1455 - 09 - 5.2
2005 - 150 - 0662 - 04 - 4.4
2006 - 318 - 1562 - 14 - 5.0
2007 - 215 - 1188 - 12 - 5.5
Total - 965 - 4867 - 39 - 5.0

Note: He still has 2 game left this year, and miss 2 games this year

RockJock07
11-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Both Hart and Stewart would be nice, but not likely. In addition to that, the more we go on into this season the more i think we need to add depth to the secondary.

As for the game, as many have said, it's hard to doubt them, as long as brett is able to throw it deep then we have a chance. The defense is also making plays when needed. They bend much more then i'd like to see but seem to come up with the big play when it matters most.

I like the attitude that MM is taking, he knows that he has a young team and is saying all the right things. Saying things like, we still have alot of football left, we are doing well right now but must keep our focus. I think alot of people slammed TT for picking MM but these guys are making quite the duo.

TT is giving MM guys who fit the system. TT doesn't go after the high-profile guys in the draft or free agency but he seems to find guys who are very solid and MM devolpes them. Jolly, Popinga, Korey Hall, are great examples. I think Harrell and Jackson will end up being a solid picks, they just need more time. It's good that Harrell is watching a D-line that is just nasty, he can focus on getting healthy for the run to the playoffs and i think Jackson is better coming off the bench.

All in all, i was really starting to wonder about TT, but he seems to building this team the right way and i expect the Pack to be a powerhouse in the NFC in the coming years which leads me to my next question, what about Brett.

Brett along with everyone else sees this team and the potential they have. If the pack don't make the super bowl, but make it deep into the playoffs, does Brett come back, what about seasons to come, i think many who were saying he should retire now see that he just needed some talent around him. Many thought that after that 4-12 season, that Brett was done, but then come MM and they seem to have a really good relationhip, not to the point of Holmgren, but what if Brett plays for another 3-4 seasons? Very interesting.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but the Packers signed Donald Lee to a 4 year extension.

Good move, bye bye Bubba Franks.

TitleTown088
11-05-2007, 03:24 PM
After seeing Brett toss that TD to Jennings off his back foot I am convinced he still has the biggest cannon in the NFL. Damn.

Oh yeah, and Woodson is going to Hawaii.

Boston
11-05-2007, 03:29 PM
what do u think of the uniform change? I like it better over the light yellow.

Eeew. That just looks real bad. I actually like the green and the "gold." Apparently I'm one of the few...

Moses
11-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but the Packers signed Donald Lee to a 4 year extension.

I bet he sticks around. Packers need two TEs and they have nobody else who deserves to touch the field. Plus they have a ton of cap room so Franks' overblown salary isn't really a concern.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Just out of curiosity (and I'm guessing that many of you won't be honest with yourselves and with a Bears fan;)) but how many of you are unsatisified with the Harrell pick?

Obviously at 7-1 there isn't much room for pessimism, but if there's one downside so far this season (besides the obvious flaws in the running game and underneath coverage) it would have to be the lack of contribution from the first two picks. Especially considering how well Corey Williams has played (and that it's unlikely they will resign him now), the Harrell pick seems like even more of a waste considering that Olsen and Leon Hall (who I thought they should have picked) would have seemingly helped a lot more not just this year but down the road.

Consider the flexibility the Packers could have in the draft this year if they had drafted Hall or Olsen last year.

GB12
11-05-2007, 03:42 PM

Got the link? I can't find anything, but I'd like to see the details of this deal. Glad we got that done though, it was a move we needed to make.

Boston
11-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Just out of curiosity (and I'm guessing that many of you won't be honest with yourselves and with a Bears fan;)) but how many of you are unsatisified with the Harrell pick?

Obviously at 7-1 there isn't much room for pessimism, but if there's one downside so far this season (besides the obvious flaws in the running game and underneath coverage) it would have to be the lack of contribution from the first two picks. Especially considering how well Corey Williams has played (and that it's unlikely they will resign him now), the Harrell pick seems like even more of a waste considering that Olsen and Leon Hall (who I thought they should have picked) would have seemingly helped a lot more not just this year but down the road.

Consider the flexibility the Packers could have in the draft this year if they had drafted Hall or Olsen last year.

Obviously you're not going to be happy with your first round pick if he's played in two games 9 games into the season. I didn't really like the pick to begin with, but there was a relatively logical reason behind it. Of course it would have been nice to let Hall learn for a year or two behind arguably two of the best press CB's in the league. Or adding Olsen to an already dangerous passing attack. But, I don't think it's fair to effectively judge Harrell yet, based off of so little playing time.

I don't see why we wouldn't resign Williams. We have plenty of cap room, and not resigning home grown talent would pretty much be going against everything we do.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Got the link? I can't find anything, but I'd like to see the details of this deal. Glad we got that done though, it was a move we needed to make.
It was on the ESPN ticker. They said the MSJ reported it so I imagine there would be a link on their website.

Scotty D
11-05-2007, 03:44 PM

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/11/05/packers-sign-te-lee-to-4-year-extension.aspx

Moses
11-05-2007, 03:45 PM

I like Harrell as a prospect but picking a player who was bound to be a backup for at least a few years seemed stupid on a team like the Packers that had some obvious holes. Granted, the Packers love to rotate their DTs but they already have a stable of guys who are quality players. I imagine Harrell will eventually contribute, but he is more of a luxury than a necessity. I think trading down would have been the right move there but Thompson denied the Browns trade for some inexplicable reason.

I still think the Packers will do a lot in trying to resign Corey Williams. Like I said, they love to have a deep DT unit and rotate them. Plus, Williams can play some end and has really proved his worth this year.

I wasn't sold on Olsen that high (but if they traded down...) but I think Leon Hall would have been a good pick.

All this said, Harrell hasn't been given a fair shake yet and I bet next year he becomes a solid contributor. If Williams leaves in free agency, that will be key and he'll see a bunch of snaps.

PACKmanN
11-05-2007, 03:46 PM

I wanted Olsen or Lynch but with the way Peterson is running we need all the DT help in the world.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 03:46 PM
I don't see why we wouldn't resign Williams. We have plenty of cap room, and not resigning home grown talent would pretty much be going against everything we do.
Because Harrell is going to need to play at some point. If you resign Williams to the money he is going to merit, you're effectively shutting out Harrell from the starting lineup. It's the economics of pro football.

Not to mention that you have a good cap situation now because it's a team effectively composed of guys under their rookie contracts. You aren't going to be able to resign everyone.

Moses
11-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Because Harrell is going to need to play at some point. If you resign Williams to the money he is going to merit, you're effectively shutting out Harrell from the starting lineup. It's the economics of pro football.

Not to mention that you have a good cap situation now because it's a team effectively composed of guys under their rookie contracts. You aren't going to be able to resign everyone.

Williams isn't even the starter. Johnny Jolly is. If Harrell plays up to his ability the Packers will rotate Pickett/Jolly/Williams/Harrell at DT. Williams could play some end as well. Colin Cole and Daniel Muir will likely be buried on the depth chart and only see action if injuries occur. The Packers need about 4 DTs to play their scheme effectively because they constantly rotate.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Damn...how could I forget about Johnny Jolly??

*Shakes head in shame*

Boston
11-05-2007, 04:03 PM

*Shakes head in shame*

How's Anthony Adams working out for you guys this year?

Moses
11-05-2007, 04:03 PM

*Shakes head in shame*

I know he's your favourite player. You should probably make a sig featuring him.

http://i20.tinypic.com/2ufbuki.jpg

cordscords
11-05-2007, 04:07 PM
I love the new deal for Lee. 4 years, just under 12 mill.

The Broncos gave Daniel Graham a 5 years, 30 million.

Way to go TT :)

Moses
11-05-2007, 04:08 PM

I just hope we continue to extend the key cogs to our team. All this young talent is great but useless if they via free agency in a few years.

GB12
11-05-2007, 04:12 PM

I liked it on draft day, but not as much now. It's easy to say that looking back with what we now know though. No one expected Johnny Jolly to break out like he has. We did know about his bicep injury though so I wasn't expecting a huge impact this year. That's going to take a while to get over, next season he should be good to go. He was starting to get playing time, jumping Colin Cole on the depth chart, but then he injured his ankle.

I don't understand what you're saying in the part I bolded. I do hope we do resign Williams though. I think there's a good chance of that now with the impact he's had. The guys behind him are good but Williams has pulled away and is clearly the best of them.

The problem is that all of our tackles are still young: Ryan Pickett-28, Corey Williams-27, Johnny Jolly-24, Colin Cole-27, Justin Harrell 23. What I'd like to do is resign Williams and trade Cole for whatever draft pick we can get for him. That clears one spot out but doesn't weaken the position. It's a problem that will need to be cleared up in the near future, but I don't think we have to reshuffle it all this offseason.

As for if I'd rather have Olsen, no. I didn't ever want him and he'd be a bigger reach than Harrell at 16. If we traded down maybe, but I still wouldn't really want him. In an already strong passing game taking a first round pass catching TE doesn't make sense. Donald Lee is having a better year than Olsen and most other TEs in the league, so that wouldn't help much more than Harrell does.

Flexibility in this draft doesn't concern me. We need a RB, CB, and a #2 TE. Other than that we don't have any glaring needs.

GB12
11-05-2007, 04:15 PM
I know he's your favourite player. You should probably make a sig featuring him.
I have one.

That's a great deal. I still want to see more on the deal. I'm sure Thompson structured it to take advantage of the cap space we have for this year still.

Boston
11-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Looks like Collins will be out "several" weeks. It's a good time to have an injury like this, I suppose, with the Vikings and Panthers coming up. I just hope he's back in time for the Lions and Cowboys games.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2007, 04:17 PM
How's Anthony Adams working out for you guys this year?
Actually Adams is having a very good year. He's starting now and playing well. It doesn't show up in the statline but he's stout against the run and penetrates the pocket rather well for a nose tackle. I knew that all it would take was a scheme change.

The problem is Dusty Dvoracek and Darwin Walker have been down all year with injuries. But you weren't actually looking for an answer, you were just trying to be witty and failed.

Moses
11-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Looks like Collins will be out "several" weeks. It's a good time to have an injury like this, I suppose, with the Vikings and Panthers coming up. I just hope he's back in time for the Lions and Cowboys games.

Sweet, we get to play the two worst QBs in the league. :D

Time for our secondary to pad their stats!

GB12
11-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Yeah I saw that. If he's not back by Thanksgiving we're in trouble. In the mean time let's see if Rouse can prove me wrong, but my hopes aren't too high on that.

Boston
11-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Actually Adams is having a very good year. He's starting now and playing well. It doesn't show up in the statline but he's stout against the run and penetrates the pocket rather well for a nose tackle. I knew that all it would take was a scheme change.

The problem is Dusty Dvoracek and Darwin Walker have been down all year with injuries. But you weren't actually looking for an answer, you were just trying to be witty and failed.

Meh, I was proving a point. Just because you don't hear a person's name called every game, doesn't mean they aren't having an impact. Or in Jolly's case, a big impact.

Boston
11-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Yeah I saw that. If he's not back by Thanksgiving we're in trouble. In the mean time let's see if Rouse can prove me wrong, but my hopes aren't too high on that.

By the looks of it, we'd be better off playing a 4-4 the next two games.

GB12
11-05-2007, 04:26 PM
By the looks of it, we'd be better off playing a 4-4 the next two games.
Except we don't have an extra LB to be the 4. If Collins was playing putting Bigby in the box the whole game wouldn't be a bad idea, but we can't leave Rouse to play center field by himself.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah it would be a good time to experiment with some different exotic stuff on defense in a real game, to get ready to use them against the better teams, or give them tons of different things to prepare for. (Bill Belichick does it all the time)

RockJock07
11-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Just wondering. The Dallas/GB game is on NFL network. I know this was a problem last year but will they be showing that game on state tv?

I live in Iowa but get La Crosse stations, any of you guys think i'll get the game, or will I have to get to a BWW.

GB12
11-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Just wondering. The Dallas/GB game is on NFL network. I know this was a problem last year but will they be showing that game on state tv?

I live in Iowa but get La Crosse stations, any of you guys think i'll get the game, or will I have to get to a BWW.
That's kind of odd that you get La Crosse stations...

Anyway, no you won't get it. Only houses in Milwaukee and Greenbay broadcasting regions will get it locally. That's BS that it's on NFLN, it's pretty much the NFC version of Pats/Colts, but not many have the option of watching.

RockJock07
11-05-2007, 09:18 PM
I go to college in the northeast corner of Iowa and am about 45 min from La Crosse. We also get Rochester, MN stations. At any rate, I'm gonna have to go to La Crosse to watch it at a bar.

someone447
11-05-2007, 09:23 PM
I go to college in the northeast corner of Iowa and am about 45 min from La Crosse. We also get Rochester, MN stations. At any rate, I'm gonna have to go to La Crosse to watch it at a bar.

Sopcast, I don't even own a TV, so I just watch everything on my computer.

Boston
11-05-2007, 09:29 PM
That's kind of odd that you get La Crosse stations...

Anyway, no you won't get it. Only houses in Milwaukee and Greenbay broadcasting regions will get it locally. That's BS that it's on NFLN, it's pretty much the NFC version of Pats/Colts, but not many have the option of watching.

God that's ********. First the Ohio St.-Wisconsin game, now this. The two biggest god damn games of the year for each team, and I don't get to watch either one of them. **** that.

litlharsh
11-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Sweet, we get to play the two worst QBs in the league. :D

Time for our secondary to pad their stats!

Quarterback...I don't recognize it. Is that the guy that gives the ball to AD every play?

johbur
11-05-2007, 10:13 PM
QB in our division except for us is actually the retreads and has-beens of the league. Kitna could be worse, he could be Grossman or Griese, or God-forbid, Tavaris Jackson. I just pretty much love how this season has gone, considering all the smack talked by our division rivals. Not that anyone predicted Lions to be 6-2 and the Packers 7-1 at this point, but it is just too much fun week-in and week-out seeing the amount of crow being eaten by Da Bears. I can't say the Vikings are any surprise given their draft of Cook and Jackson and the stiffs they have at WR, but AD might just make up for that. Vikings look like they'll just collect GB cast-offs and live in TitleTown's shadow for a goodly long while.

GB12
11-06-2007, 12:35 AM
We front loaded Lee's contract. I'm not just saying that either, 2 million will count against the 2007 cap and he'll get 4.9 million next year.

The Legend
11-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Nick Collins Out Couple Weeks, Up To A Month
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d803ee527&template=with-video&confirm=true
Rookie Aaron Rouse will start

Free Agent Market (By Age)
Troy Vincent - 16yrs - 37yrs Old
Robert Griffith - 14yrs - 37yrs Old
Tony Parrish - 10yrs - 32yrs Old
Lance Schulters - 10yrs - 33yrs Old
Donovin Darius - 10yrs - 33yrs Old
Lamont Thompson - 6yrs - 30yrs Old
Shaun Williams - 10yrs - 30yrs Old
Derrick Gibson - 7yrs - 29yrs Old
Terrence Kiel - 5yrs - 27yrs Old
Mike Rumph - 5yrs - 27 yrs Old

Note: Donald Lee Sign 4yrs - 12 Million Deall

TitleTown088
11-06-2007, 03:39 AM

*Shakes head in shame*
Do you watch the Packers play? Jolly has been playing well and improved leaps and bounds this off season. I am very pleased with his play considering hes a second year 6th round pick.

neko4
11-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Any word on Williams?

Nitschke-Hawk
11-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Any word on Williams?

By everything we're hearing I think we can assume Williams and Pickett are Probable.

neko4
11-06-2007, 11:05 PM
thats good, cole is healthy and is jolly so the DT spot is still fine... but wait harrell is still hurt, woe is us!

PACKmanN
11-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Except we don't have an extra LB to be the 4. If Collins was playing putting Bigby in the box the whole game wouldn't be a bad idea, but we can't leave Rouse to play center field by himself.

Bigy can play FS so I wouldnt mind doing the 4-4 thing. Have Rouse as the extra LB.

Harris Kampman Jolly Pickett Jenkins Woodson
Rouse Poppinga Barnett Hawk
Bigby

neko4
11-07-2007, 03:32 PM
for the record the standard defense in virginia beach is a 4-4. Dont know if it was like that when Rouse was there but it probably was.

Pack_Attack_4
11-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Do you watch the Packers play? Jolly has been playing well and improved leaps and bounds this off season. I am very pleased with his play considering hes a second year 6th round pick.

Ya and he knocks down madd balls at the line of scrimmage Im very impressed with how hes been playin this year.

GB12
11-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Bigy can play FS so I wouldnt mind doing the 4-4 thing. Have Rouse as the extra LB.

Harris Kampman Jolly Pickett Jenkins Woodson
Rouse Poppinga Barnett Hawk
Bigby
Yeah, we won't be in a 4-4. Nothing going to change much. We'll probably see Bigby in the box a little more but that's it.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Bigby, Hawk, and Barnett should all have around 10 or more tackles this game.

ImBrotherCain
11-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah, we won't be in a 4-4. Nothing going to change much. We'll probably see Bigby in the box a little more but that's it.

I think they would put Rouse in the box... Hes very stout against the run seeing as he has amazing size speed and played some LB in college. I also read something somewhere that said he was having difficulty picking up NFL coverages. Plus Bigby has been done alright in coverage.
But i could be dead wrong.

JF4
11-08-2007, 10:03 AM
I think they would put Rouse in the box... Hes very stout against the run seeing as he has amazing size speed and played some LB in college. I also read something somewhere that said he was having difficulty picking up NFL coverages. Plus Bigby has been done alright in coverage.
But i could be dead wrong.

Bigby's definately been an improvement over Manuel but he still get's too many penalties for my liking. It seems to me that Bigby is usually in a good position to make a play but he isn't that great at making plays on the ball when running with a WR. He tends to strictly play the man and draw a penalty for PI. He's gotta turn, look for the ball, get a hand on the WR's hip and then make a play on the ball. Ofcourse thats much easier said than done but i'd like to see him get better at that as the year goes on.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-08-2007, 05:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=3099992

Nick Barnett story

neko4
11-10-2007, 12:43 PM
OT- Chad Clifton
WR- Ruvell Martin
RB- Vernad Morency
RB- Noah Herron

DT- Corey Williams
DT- Colin Cole
SS- Aatri Bigby
DE- Mike Montgomery
OLB- Tracy White

Whats the chance we get these guys to return?

GB12
11-10-2007, 12:49 PM
OT- Chad Clifton-100%, He's not even a free agent
WR- Ruvell Martin
RB- Vernad Morency
RB- Noah Herron

DT- Corey Williams-Hard to say on Williams, I can't go any higher than 60%
DT- Colin Cole-Depends if we want him again. With Harrell we might let him walk, but if we want him we can resign him.
SS- Aatri Bigby-98%
DE- Mike Montgomery
OLB- Tracy White

neko4
11-10-2007, 12:52 PM
sounds good
I hope we keep Cole and get rid of that waste of space (Harrell)

someone447
11-10-2007, 01:02 PM
sounds good
I hope we keep Cole and get rid of that waste of space (Harrell)

Harrell is a rookie, and he is hurt... Give him a chance before you call him a waste of space. He is supposed to be an amazing DT.

neko4
11-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Im sorry, but i just hate that we drafted him. Looking at what Lee has done this year picking Olsen wouldnt have made sense but he would have atleast he wouldve been more productive than Harrell and I think has way more potential.

GB12
11-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Collins is out 3-4 weeks. That means Detroit and possibly Dallas. Rouse better be able to play

PACKmanN
11-10-2007, 06:58 PM
OT- Chad Clifton-100%, He's not even a free agent
WR- Ruvell Martin
RB- Vernad Morency
RB- Noah Herron

DT- Corey Williams-Hard to say on Williams, I can't go any higher than 60%
DT- Colin Cole-Depends if we want him again. With Harrell we might let him walk, but if we want him we can resign him.
SS- Aatri Bigby-98%
DE- Mike Montgomery
OLB- Tracy White
yeah my bad about Clifton. With Colledge best position being LT and having him struggle at LG when do we move him to LT?

neko4
11-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Can Tauscher play OG?

GB12
11-10-2007, 07:04 PM
yeah my bad about Clifton. With Colledge best position being LT and having him struggle at LG when do we move him to LT?
When Clifton's gone. We have him under contract until I believe 2010. He's 31 which isn't too old for a lineman, he has some years left in him.

Can Tauscher play OG?
Why?

Boston
11-11-2007, 01:07 AM
Although Brett Favre has beaten two straight opponents with deep passes late in the game, Sharper, a former Packers teammate, challenged Favre to try going deep again Sunday.

"I can't remember him playing any better than he's playing right now," Sharper said. "Just some of the throws he's making, I hope he tries that against us. Those 50-yard balls over the middle of the field, we'll see how much success he has."

Favre claimed he was hunting earlier this week and hadn't read Sharper's comments, but didn't seem to think it was noteworthy that a defensive back talked about wanting an interception.

"Last I checked, that's his job," Favre said.

Sharper's annoying as hell.

johbur
11-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Harrell is a rookie, and he is hurt... Give him a chance before you call him a waste of space. He is supposed to be an amazing DT.

Amazing? According to whom? He was a nice DT with size at Tennessee, but he was injured when he was drafted and he's still injured. He's not in shape due to the injury stiff and there are five guys in front of him. Jamal Reynolds was "amazing" when in college, then he hurt his knee. Taking a guy with that injury problem in R1 when the team needed a TE or a SS was weak. TT did a nice job starting in R3+. BJ and Harrell were hurt when drafted and what's changed? Lots of money being paid to two guys with "amazing" potential but that haven't done a damn thing on the field.Maybe he grows into it and becomes as good as... Pickett? Jolly? Williams? That's nice, but we already actually HAVE those guys, and they're getting it done on the field, not in the Madden Ratings.

GB12
11-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Sharper's annoying as hell.
Last time he said the only record that Favre was going to break that day was the interception record. And what happened, he broke the TD record and threw no INTs.

Moses
11-11-2007, 09:51 AM

If he can't cut it at LG, moving him to LT would likely just make him look worse. He needs to add weight and be more consistent from a mental standpoint.

Boston
11-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Last time he said the only record that Favre was going to break that day was the interception record. And what happened, he broke the TD record and threw no INTs.

How great was that last TD. Right threw Sharper's hands, to Martin, for a touchdown. Ouch.

PACKmanN
11-11-2007, 04:05 PM
How great was that last TD. Right threw Sharper's hands, to Martin, for a touchdown. Ouch.

Sharper shouldn't even touched it, it was going to be INTed by the CB until he touched it.

GB12
11-11-2007, 04:09 PM
How about KGB with 8.5 sacks on the season. This is clearly the role he was meant for. With him and Kampman we should have 2 players with double digit sacks.

princefielder28
11-11-2007, 04:52 PM
How about KGB with 8.5 sacks on the season. This is clearly the role he was meant for. With him and Kampman we should have 2 players with double digit sacks.

With him and Kampman coming off the edges it so tough for opposing lines especially if one of them has weaknesses b/c those two will be able to exploit it.

Sportsfan486
11-11-2007, 05:19 PM
With him and Kampman coming off the edges it so tough for opposing lines especially if one of them has weaknesses b/c those two will be able to exploit it.

Plus KJB is just our passing down specialist.. Jenkins does our gritty work on that side. And how many friggin' good DTs do we have? 8? Our d-line is the best in the biz right now, no question imo.

I absolutely HATE this 3 games in 12 days CRAP that's coming up. Argh, you've gotta think that's going to play strongly against us. Plus one of those games is DALLAS and another is the lions.

Football Fan
11-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Its nice to see the lions ready to fall. Its been annoying having them on the packers a$$ all season.

Moses
11-11-2007, 06:00 PM

A lot of garbage time sacks though. Two in this game alone. Still, he's having a resurgence this season which is nice to see.

mqtirishfan
11-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Amazing? According to whom? He was a nice DT with size at Tennessee, but he was injured when he was drafted and he's still injured. He's not in shape due to the injury stiff and there are five guys in front of him. Jamal Reynolds was "amazing" when in college, then he hurt his knee. Taking a guy with that injury problem in R1 when the team needed a TE or a SS was weak. TT did a nice job starting in R3+. BJ and Harrell were hurt when drafted and what's changed? Lots of money being paid to two guys with "amazing" potential but that haven't done a damn thing on the field.Maybe he grows into it and becomes as good as... Pickett? Jolly? Williams? That's nice, but we already actually HAVE those guys, and they're getting it done on the field, not in the Madden Ratings.

Dude, Harrell and Reynolds are nothing alike. Reynolds was too small to play DE in the NFL, and Harrell has prototypical size. That's really all you need to know about the two that makes them opposites. Might Harrell be a bust on Reynolds' scale? Of couse he could, but it's not going to be for the same reasons.

Jim Jim
11-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Most defensive linemen don't really respond until their second year. I'm confident that Justin will pan out to be a solid pick for us. You can never have enough good defensive linemen.

ny10804
11-11-2007, 09:50 PM
If he can't cut it at LG, moving him to LT would likely just make him look worse. He needs to add weight and be more consistent from a mental standpoint.

I disagree. Daryn is a much stronger pass blocker than run blocker, and as such he is much better suited to handle smaller, faster DEs than larger, stronger DTs. He's physically perfect for the ZBS, but yeah, he could stand to put on some muscle. It's gonna be ugly to watch him try to block Rogers, Redding, Harris, and the Williamses 8 times a year if he stays at LG.

ny10804
11-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Block of the day: check at Korey Hall cut EJ Henderson on Grant's TD run. Beautiful.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80413594

Nitschke-Hawk
11-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Guess what?! After the shutout vs. the Vikings we are now 3rd in points per game allowed at 15.8 per game. Officially a Top 5 Defense!

------edit----

I take that back. We are now 2nd!! The Colts just lost and gave up 23 points, they have 15.8 through 8 games, doing the math, obviously that average is going up now.

2nd in the most important defensive category. Woooo

The Legend
11-12-2007, 02:21 AM
Officially a Top 5 Defense!

nope we are a top 10 defense but thats very good also

#1 Steelers Defense - 229 Yards
#5 Ravens Defense - 277 Yards
#10 Packers Defense - 306 Yards

Rushing Defense
#7 Packers Defense - 92 Yards

Passing Defense
#20 Packers Defense - 214 Yards

Penalties
#5 Packers Defense - 62 Penalties / 520 Yards - AVG 58 Penalties Yards Per Game

johbur
11-12-2007, 03:29 AM
Yards don't matter. Points matter. We're the best defensive team in the NFC, and only behind the Stealers in the NFL.

Packers = #2 defense!

That was good enough that I watched it twice. I love rewatching the game with it on digital so I can slow the play down and check out the blocking. I'm not sure how Desmond Bishop is going to end up, but TT killed the 6th round. Crosby has been very good, Korey Hall looked as good this game as Henderson did in 2003, making the tough catch when the ball comes to him and getting in there and knocking out a LB or chipping the DT/DE. O-Line had it going on and the play-calling to me showed that MM is just flat-out a better coach than Childress. They kept dropping one of the Williams into zone coverage! 330 in coverage? Why have him in? Thier passing game is laughable, but it shows that our corners are tough against good WRs, and they shut out bad WRs. Just a great overall victory.

TitleTown088
11-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Some fans just like the players too much..

http://www.nfl.com/videos?categoryId=find Check out the clip in the highlights on Lee doing a lambeau Leap at about 2:05 on the highlights... Another did it to ruvell martin with his hand during his leap as well around 3:35.... Icky.

Billingsley26
11-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Guys, great win yesterday. Hats off to you guys.
I gotta take my hat off to Mike Mccarthy and the OC. I loved, absolutely loved, the approach they took to the run game. They almost never ran inside, and rightfully so. With Pat and Kevin up the middle, no one is going to run on them. I loved how they kept running the tosses over and over again. Grant runs very hard but is quick at the same time. I liked what I saw there. You guys are a great team, and I would say the best in the NFC.

GB12
11-13-2007, 03:37 PM
AJ Hawk is going to be on Jim Rome for anyone intersted.

Boston
11-13-2007, 03:46 PM

Ha...communion. I love Hawk.

The Legend
11-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Greg Jennings On Another Level, Avg 23 Yards A Catch Senice Bye Week , 20 On The Year

bigboiajhawk
11-13-2007, 07:29 PM
How big is Koren Robinson right now, the Packers can now go to four and five receiver sets with him, and just think he was a first round draft pick and proved that he could play in the nfl and now he is our fourth receiver, thats gotta be scary for opposing teams.

Jim Jim
11-13-2007, 09:29 PM
How big is Koren Robinson right now, the Packers can now go to four and five receiver sets with him, and just think he was a first round draft pick and proved that he could play in the nfl and now he is our fourth receiver, thats gotta be scary for opposing teams.

I think he's going to be really solid for us. He's really playing himself into football shape. I think we'll see the best Koren Robinson at the end of the month.

Moses
11-13-2007, 09:58 PM
I think he's going to be really solid for us. He's really playing himself into football shape. I think we'll see the best Koren Robinson at the end of the month.

He seems to be progressing nicely. The guy is a hell of an athlete that's for sure. I hope the Packers continue to run a lot of 4 and 5 wide receiver sets because the talent is definitely there to do it.

GB12
11-13-2007, 10:23 PM
He seems to be progressing nicely. The guy is a hell of an athlete that's for sure. I hope the Packers continue to run a lot of 4 and 5 wide receiver sets because the talent is definitely there to do it.
Not many teams have the secondary depth to match up with that which makes it so effective. On top of the WRs we have Donald Lee aswell. I like the 3 wide sets with Driver, Jennings, and Jones split out with Lee on the line and Grant in the backfield. There is a lot of freedom as to what we can run from that formation.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-13-2007, 10:31 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=gnb

umphrey
11-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Two random predictions:

Rouse plays well enough to earn himself playing time (somewhere on the defense) this year and next, even when Collins is healthy.

Brandon Jackson is cut next off season.

ImBrotherCain
11-15-2007, 01:32 PM
I agree with the Rouse Prediction but im not entirely sure if TT would get rid of Jackson after 1 year

GB12
11-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Sorry, but I'm still not liking Rouse. His strong point was supposed to be run support, but he can't tackle. He won't be able to beat out Bigby and has no chance at SLB over Poppinga.

Jim Jim
11-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Sorry, but I'm still not liking Rouse. His strong point was supposed to be run support, but he can't tackle. He won't be able to beat out Bigby and has no chance at SLB over Poppinga.

He can tackle. But he needs to learn, and probably did last Sunday, you can't always go for the big kill shot.

neko4
11-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Wish i was here for the no name defense thread

Favre4ever
11-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Hey guys i'd like to know, is Blackmon done for the year? Does he still have a future on this team. Something tells me we shouldnt give up on him even if he hs been injured a lot.

Jim Jim
11-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey guys i'd like to know, is Blackmon done for the year? Does he still have a future on this team. Something tells me we shouldnt give up on him even if he hs been injured a lot.

Blackmon is supposedly getting close to being able to practice again. I don't think Will's future on this team is bright if he can't stop getting hurt for long periods of time.

Favre4ever
11-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Blackmon is supposedly getting close to being able to practice again. I don't think Will's future on this team is bright if he can't stop getting hurt for long periods of time.

He had a great camp and before his injury he was about to take over Bush's spot on the depth chart. I remember him playing a good game in Minesota. Thanks for the info.

PACKmanN
11-18-2007, 10:48 AM

he not getting close, he done for the year. If we make it to the SB then he will be back.

GB12
11-18-2007, 11:28 AM
I meant to mention this earlier; Favre and Grant were named the Fedex air and ground players of the week. Favre has the most air awards this season with 4.

princefielder28
11-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I meant to mention this earlier; Favre and Grant were named the Fedex air and ground players of the week. Favre has the most air awards this season with 4.

4 for #4!!!!!

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 04:00 PM
I can't wait to see Favre put of 50 points on the Lions on Thursday.

This game would have been a hell of a lot more exciting if Detroit hadn't embarrassed themselves these past two weekends.

GB12
11-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I can't wait to see Favre put of 50 points on the Lions on Thursday.

This game would have been a hell of a lot more exciting if Detroit hadn't embarrassed themselves these past two weekends.
What's up with Fisher and Bashir?

GB12
11-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Corey Williams - 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles.

Beast. Lock this guy up! I know we drafted Harrell, but everything we hoped he'd turn into we have already with Williams. Why let the proven guy walk and let everything rest on a second year player. The longer we wait the higher his price will get. We like to reward our players who have preformed well and this is a case where that should happen.

Football Fan
11-18-2007, 05:55 PM

Beast. Lock this guy up! I know we drafted Harrell, but everything we hoped he'd turn into we have already with Williams. Why let the proven guy walk and let everything rest on a second year player. The longer we wait the higher his price will get. We like to reward our players who have preformed well and this is a case where that should happen.I agree 100%.

umphrey
11-18-2007, 06:22 PM

Beast. Lock this guy up! I know we drafted Harrell, but everything we hoped he'd turn into we have already with Williams. Why let the proven guy walk and let everything rest on a second year player. The longer we wait the higher his price will get. We like to reward our players who have preformed well and this is a case where that should happen.

I think we probably drafted Harrell thinking he could take Pickett's job.

Xiomera
11-18-2007, 06:24 PM
What's up with Fisher and Bashir?

Not sure yet. Fisher is probably ok, it was just a cramp is his calf I believe.

Bashir didn't return.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-18-2007, 08:28 PM
I think Williams would sign for something similar to what Barnett, and Hawk got. 5 or 6 years for about $35 million. It also fits the play as a unit theme, instead of having one beast making astronomical money. That would be the advantage of getting it done now. He would probably get one of those 7 year $49 million deals if he hit the open market.

We just gotta Re-Sign:

Corey Williams
Atari Bigby
probably Ryan Grant
Donald Lee-check mark-

Don't be surprised if there's an extra year or two added to Kampman's deal with more money in each year.

Similar to the Harris, Tauscher and Driver situations. He signed a 4 year $21 million dollar deal. Freeney, Schobel, Charles Grant, DT's- Kevin Williams, Cory Redding are all defensive linemen off the top of my head that got deals worth well over $40 million in the last calender year. You could make the argument he's better than or just as good as all of them. Terrell Suggs is a Free Agent to be, and Peppers has 1 more year, they will easily get $40 million plus. Of course Merriman and Ware will get there's too now that I think of it.

Boston
11-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Wouldn't that basically go against our entire philosophy if we let Williams walk? I understand the economics and such, but come on. Look at what happened to the Bears, or is happening, after they let there DL depth go.

Boston
11-18-2007, 08:45 PM
http://i.packers.com/pg/2007-11-18/photo18.jpg

I love this. I love seeing our special teams unit do this, and then just stop the returner cold around the twenty. We have very good special teams coverage this year, and it seems as if it's gone unnoticed.

ny10804
11-18-2007, 09:09 PM
We definitely need to keep Corey Williams and let Colin Cole and Daniel Muir walk. Restructure KGB and/or Bubba's deals if money really is a problem.

GB12
11-18-2007, 09:20 PM
We definitely need to keep Corey Williams and let Colin Cole and Daniel Muir walk. Restructure KGB and/or Bubba's deals if money really is a problem.
Harrell will take Coles spot so let him go, but there's really no reason to git rid of Muir. He costs next to nothing and has good potential. Cap really isn't a problem, we'll actually have more room than last year. We can afford to resign all our FAs and draft picks while still having a good amount to sign someone else should we choose. Also add Koren Robinson, Ruvell Martin, and Jarrett Bush to the resign list.

TitleTown088
11-19-2007, 03:24 AM

I think ol' bubba is as good as gone after this season.

Favre4ever
11-19-2007, 09:27 AM

Still not liking Rouse after last game? The guy has great football instincts and moves extremely well for a 6'4 225 safety. He made two plays on the opposition tight end and one of them was a pick. Once Collins returns he might take over Bigby's spot or get some playing time on passing downs.

Moses
11-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Realistically I'm not sold on Bigby as a long-term starter. I think Rouse may overtake him soon. He's been very solid, especially for a rookie. Bigby just makes too many mistakes, which is killer at the safety position.

Moses
11-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Johnny Jolly to miss at least two weeks.

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Any word on when Harrell will be ready? Muir and Cole are also injured. Luckily we have all this depth.

umphrey
11-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Johnny Jolly to miss at least two weeks.

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Any word on when Harrell will be ready? Muir and Cole are also injured. Luckily we have all this depth.

He's healthy, just probably not in playing shape (what's new).

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=687558

"Rookie defensive tackle Justin Harrell was cleared to play after an ankle injury but was inactive along with veteran Colin Cole."

RockJock07
11-19-2007, 12:46 PM
BTW, did anyone see on the punt return how many panthers got jack up. I counted at least 3 but it could have been more.

How special has this season been? Things just seem to be clicking right now and if they can beat Dallas they could realisticly go 15-1, 14-2 if they rest their starters in the Detriot game.

The key is this Dallas game, even with the large lead in the division, IMO it's a must win for GB. Having dallas come to GB for a possiable NFC cg would be a huge thing for this packers team.

I can't doubt this team, i think they played alittle sloppy in the 2nd half yesterday but I think they want to get to the real test like Detroit and Dallas. I can't wait to watch this team every week.

They still aren't getting enough respect by the national media, but really I don't think that's a bad thing. They have a chance to show everyone who they are on Thanksgiving which is probably a bigger stage then MNF a couple of weeks ago.

What a ride this is!

Whistler6
11-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Am I the only after every single week we've won up until the Viking game kind of been hesitant to say SUPERBOWL? It feels so good to finally see them firing on all cylinders and convinvingly* winning games. We look good, and I can't wait for the next 2 games. We just have to remember that a loss or 2 or even 3 is OKAY and not the end of the world. As long as we are healthy come playoff time, I don't care who we get first.

Sportsfan486
11-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Am I the only after every single week we've won up until the Viking game kind of been hesitant to say SUPERBOWL? It feels so good to finally see them firing on all cylinders and convinvingly* winning games. We look good, and I can't wait for the next 2 games. We just have to remember that a loss or 2 or even 3 is OKAY and not the end of the world. As long as we are healthy come playoff time, I don't care who we get first.

As long as we get a first round bye, who cares how many losses we have.. but we DEFINITELY need that bye, playing even one extra game in the playoffs is rough.

Favre4ever
11-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Realistically I'm not sold on Bigby as a long-term starter. I think Rouse may overtake him soon. He's been very solid, especially for a rookie. Bigby just makes too many mistakes, which is killer at the safety position.

If Rouse can be half as good as Bigby against the run, then he will take over his spot. We need a guy like Rouse to go up against tight ends and double up on guys like Roy williams, T.O. and hopefully a Randy Moss. Bigby cant be that guy.

drowe
11-19-2007, 02:51 PM
ok, i'm allowing myself to think about the packers in the superbowl as well. they may not be the most talented team in the NFC, but i do believe they are the most complete team. which means they match up against anybody in the playoffs as all other teams have their weakness. dallas has their pass defense, new york has the pass defense and inconsistent QB play. seattle and tampa are just mediocre teams all around and whoever else ends up going has more than their share of weaknesses.

that said, what happens if we get to the superbowl? how does ANY team beat the Patriots? especially since they have a certain WR that has made a career out of killing the Packers.

i hate to be negative, but sometimes when i think ahead to the playoffs, and the best case scenario playing out, i still can't help worry about getting smoked on the big stage.

that said, it would just make it that much sweeter if they found a way to win it all.

Favre4ever
11-19-2007, 03:00 PM
ok, i'm allowing myself to think about the packers in the superbowl as well. they may not be the most talented team in the NFC, but i do believe they are the most complete team. which means they match up against anybody in the playoffs as all other teams have their weakness. dallas has their pass defense, new york has the pass defense and inconsistent QB play. seattle and tampa are just mediocre teams all around and whoever else ends up going has more than their share of weaknesses.

that said, what happens if we get to the superbowl? how does ANY team beat the Patriots? especially since they have a certain WR that has made a career out of killing the Packers.

i hate to be negative, but sometimes when i think ahead to the playoffs, and the best case scenario playing out, i still can't help worry about getting smoked on the big stage.

that said, it would just make it that much sweeter if they found a way to win it all.

I said it after a few games into the season; this is a young team and they dont even know yet how good they can be. They have the ability to destroy teams and win under pressure. The scary thing is that they will get better week after week. Dallas wont get any better than what we are seeing right now and same goes for NYG. Plus, you have that #4 factor.

mqtirishfan
11-19-2007, 03:00 PM

Any given Sunday, man.

Pack_Attack_4
11-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Any given Sunday, man.

well said, its so true ne team can beat ne team on ne givin day

Nitschke-Hawk
11-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Wouldn't that basically go against our entire philosophy if we let Williams walk? I understand the economics and such, but come on. Look at what happened to the Bears, or is happening, after they let there DL depth go.

I said we need to re-sign him...

GB12
11-19-2007, 07:40 PM
I said we need to re-sign him...
He was agreeing with us.

GB12
11-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Not a good time for Jolly to get injured. Not only will he be out for the Dallas game, but Harrell isn't fully back yet. Cole has been and is healthy, but he's had very little playing time lately. He hasn't even been active for the past 2 weeks. If Dallas wasn't coming up it wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but we need to keep them fresh for that game.

Twiddler
11-19-2007, 10:56 PM
well said, its so true ne team can beat ne team on ne givin day

English, its a good thing. Haha, but yeah, that is very true in the NFL. And going back to what drowe said, I don't think I'll be so excited to see the results if we do happen to make it to the Super Bowl. But the fact that we would make it would be amazing. Its just, I doubt we can beat the Patriots.

Whistler6
11-20-2007, 01:49 AM
I haven't allowed myself to think what our offense would be doing WITH Randy Moss right now.. What if right? oh well..

Twiddler
11-20-2007, 09:38 AM
I haven't allowed myself to think what our offense would be doing WITH Randy Moss right now.. What if right? oh well..

Am I the only one who would have wondered if he would have shown up like he did at New England if he were traded to the Packers? Seriously, think about it. He wanted to be on a contender, and around last April its safe to say that we weren't regarded as a contender. So if he gets traded to us instead of the Pats, it would be great and all but how long would it take for him to get it in his mind that we are contending and that he'd have a shot at a SuperBowl. He already knew that New England was going to be up at the top so I guess that furthers his motivation in that situation, and we all know that a Randy Moss with motivation and a good QB are a dangerous combination. Granted, it would have been an amazing trade for us and it would further our team greatly at this point but its hard to imagine he'd have the type of year he's having with NE if he was with us. Still good, but not as amazing.

The Legend
11-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Am I the only one who would have wondered if he would have shown up like he did at New England if he were traded to the Packers? Seriously, think about it. He wanted to be on a contender, and around last April its safe to say that we weren't regarded as a contender. So if he gets traded to us instead of the Pats, it would be great and all but how long would it take for him to get it in his mind that we are contending and that he'd have a shot at a SuperBowl. He already knew that New England was going to be up at the top so I guess that furthers his motivation in that situation, and we all know that a Randy Moss with motivation and a good QB are a dangerous combination. Granted, it would have been an amazing trade for us and it would further our team greatly at this point but its hard to imagine he'd have the type of year he's having with NE if he was with us. Still good, but not as amazing.

i dont belive that, if you look at all the highlight tapes of the vikings when randy moss was there he'd allways say "oh i gotta watch this, its favre playing"

so i think he always wanted to be on favre's team and favre wanted him so both them wanted each other on the same team.it would have block any chance of any anger or not playing to his fullest in my mind... my oppion

Favre4ever
11-20-2007, 09:06 PM
English, its a good thing. Haha, but yeah, that is very true in the NFL. And going back to what drowe said, I don't think I'll be so excited to see the results if we do happen to make it to the Super Bowl. But the fact that we would make it would be amazing. Its just, I doubt we can beat the Patriots.

Lets just not think about the Pats...

Football Fan
11-21-2007, 01:30 AM
i dont belive that, if you look at all the highlight tapes of the vikings when randy moss was there he'd allways say "oh i gotta watch this, its favre playing"

so i think he always wanted to be on favre's team and favre wanted him so both them wanted each other on the same team.it would have block any chance of any anger or not playing to his fullest in my mind... my oppion
I have to agree with you, I strongly doubt that Moss would not have played hard for the pack. I think he would have been one hell of an asset. If he didnt play hard every play, damn I guess we would just be stuck with driver, Jennings, Jones and Martin/robinson.
Thats the past now though and we have to be extremely happy with where the packers are at.

Jakey
11-22-2007, 06:55 AM
Watsup guys...i made a Greg Jennings sig (i like him, kinda reminds me of Santonio)...If any1 wants to use it go ahead.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd22/Jakey70/GJenningsSigUpdated.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd22/Jakey70/GJenningsSigUpdated.jpg

TitleTown088
11-22-2007, 07:08 PM
"I threw it. They caught it," he said simply. "Nothing spectacular".- Brett Favre

Favre was fired up when he saw an available ice cream sandwich on a table after walking away from his news conference.

"Oh yeah," he said.

Vince Lombardi
11-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Well, the NFC North championship is all but locked up! Great game by the Pack today. I could have done without them letting Detroit back in it towards the end, but overall Favre was spectacular and the defense really stepped up despite injuries to a few important players. Honestly I have to keep pinching myself because I never could have predicted such a successful season and it almost seems like a dream. But **** yea! Green Bay is 10-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving indeed!

Boston
11-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Well, by the looks of it, I won't be able to watch the game next week, unless I go to some random bar, which I probably will. Thank you NFL Network. You know, the network that NOBODY HAS. That's so much ******* ********. God damnit I can't believe they get the biggest ******* game of the year. It's ******* ridiculous. Who the **** has NFL Network anyway.

umphrey
11-23-2007, 01:59 AM
Well, by the looks of it, I won't be able to watch the game next week, unless I go to some random bar, which I probably will. Thank you NFL Network. You know, the network that NOBODY HAS. That's so much ******* ********. God damnit I can't believe they get the biggest ******* game of the year. It's ******* ridiculous. Who the **** has NFL Network anyway.

I have a link that worked for the indy/falcons game from NFLN, not sure if I can post it though :confused:

The Legend
11-23-2007, 03:48 AM
Colin Cole most probly done for regular season
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071122/PKR0201/71122042/1989
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/djindjo/bilde.jpg

so Justin Harrell need to play big in the biggest game of the year

thule
11-23-2007, 04:10 AM
I have nfl network Boston :P

This game is huge...the winner is basically garunteed home field..because a win is essentially a 2 game lead.

TitleTown088
11-23-2007, 04:30 AM
Man these injuries could really hurt agianst dallas. Especially Woodson.

Football Fan
11-23-2007, 07:30 AM
At least the offense is mostly healthy. The pack is going to need to put up even more points with the defense hurting.

jackalope
11-23-2007, 08:25 AM
I'll probably be going to a bar for the game if I can't find someone I know that has it.

wiscbadgerfootball
11-23-2007, 08:59 AM
**** NFL Network

JF4
11-23-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm proud to say that I do have NFL network.

Ummm simple solution for those who don't: Go to a bar/restaurant.

ny10804
11-23-2007, 10:29 AM
so Justin Harrell need to play big in the biggest game of the year

Yea. This will be one of the storylines I'm gonna keep an eye open for. Hopefully he can show some of the reasons why TT drafted him 16th overall. Him and Pickett probably won't be on the field at the same time, so he'll have to be counted on to anchor the line on run plays.

Jim Jim
11-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Harrell needs to be playing anyway. He was a first round pick, these guys should have to contribute every week. Even at just a rotational player so they can get experience.

ny10804
11-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Somewhat off topic, but watch Aaron Kampman destroy Detroits RT on this play (at 2:01): http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8046cd18

I almost feel bad for the guy.

GB12
11-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Hopefully that is the end of Woodson returning punts. We all were worried about that and he gets hurt before the biggest game of the year on a punt return.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah but a very good one. He's returning them because he makes good decisions with the ball and is safe. I see so any guys looking like idiots back there. I think McCarthy would rather be safe than sorry because it's hard to rebound from turnovers in that situation, especially a young team. This will pobably be his last year of it I think.

Jmohr107
11-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah but a very good one. He's returning them because he makes good decisions with the ball and is safe. I see so any guys looking like idiots back there. I think McCarthy would rather be safe than sorry because it's hard to rebound from turnovers in that situation, especially a young team. This will pobably be his last year of it I think.

Yea, McCarthy has a lot of faith in Woodson as a punt returner, and said that he might keep returning punts

(Any regrets about having him on punt return?)
Not at all. I knew you guys were waiting to ask me. When he's healthy, I'm sure he'll be back there again, I'm sure. He's a weapon. He's very good at what he does on both the defense and the special teams. His decision making shows up week in and week out in our battle of field position. If I was concerned, I wouldn't have had him back there.