PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

ImBrotherCain
11-23-2007, 11:28 AM
So im a relative new comer to these forums. I come here and read the posts regularly but hardly ever post myself. But i do wish to get GB12's opinion on Rouse now that he has started a couple weeks. Cause i know you were very skeptical of him in the beginning.

In other News Jerry Jones is backing the NFL network and is complaining about Time Warner not carrying the game. (Seeing as TW is the biggest TV provider in Dallas)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3123865

GB12
11-23-2007, 11:42 AM
So im a relative new comer to these forums. I come here and read the posts regularly but hardly ever post myself. But i do wish to get GB12's opinion on Rouse now that he has started a couple weeks. Cause i know you were very skeptical of him in the beginning.

In other News Jerry Jones is backing the NFL network and is complaining about Time Warner not carrying the game. (Seeing as TW is the biggest TV provider in Dallas)

http://sports.http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x226/joeyjojo333/barnett.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x226/joeyjojo333/barnett.jpgespn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3123865 (http://sports.http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x226/joeyjojo333/barnett.jpg</p><p>http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x226/joeyjojo333/barnett.jpgespn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3123865)

He has done a lot better than I expected. It's nice to know that he can do the job so we won't have to rush Collins' return. I'm still not sure where he fits in once Collins does come back though. Our safety situation now is obviously the best in years.

ImBrotherCain
11-23-2007, 11:44 AM
He has done a lot better than I expected. It's nice to know that he can do the job so we won't have to rush Collins' return. I'm still not sure where he fits in once Collins does come back though. Our safety situation now is obviously the best in years.

Its interesting yesterday i saw him coming up into the box from time to time, it almost looked as they were using him as a LB

GB12
11-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Yea, McCarthy has a lot of faith in Woodson as a punt returner, and said that he might keep returning punts
I know he does a good job, but it's just not worth it. Let Tramon Williams or Koren Robinson take punt returns.

GB12
11-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Its interesting yesterday i saw him coming up into the box from time to time, it almost looked as they were using him as a LB
I don't recall seeing that yesterday and find it odd if they did. Bringing your free safety in the box against a team that has those WRs doesn't make any sense. Also if a safety's in the box it's almost always the SS.

cordscords
11-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Anybody think Jennings is slowly creeping up on Driver in terms of Favre's go to guy?

Driver of course always sets the pace getting YAC, and going over the middle to catch balls, but Jennings has been the TD machine this year.

Favre4ever
11-23-2007, 12:27 PM

He was line up against a receiver most of the time you saw him up on the line. Rouse proved the doubters to be wrong; he can cover and he did it against one of the best passing team in the league. I saw a few tapes of him when he was in VT and you could see that he had great ball skills and great instincts. I never thought he would produce that early though...

Once Collins comes back i would switch him with Bigby on 3 and short situations and goal line stands cuz Bigby is such an awsome tackler. Now we also know that Tramon Williams can ball, man this defense is shaping up....

RockJock07
11-23-2007, 01:44 PM
So Al is on TO and Woodson would be on Crayton if they both play. I think Dallas sat Crayton against the Jets so he would be ready for this week. I hope woodson can play but we got to see Tramon and I think he played a very solid game yesterday.

I think the key will be getting pressure on Romo. Dallas' O-line is very good and getting pressure on him will be hard. Kampman is just a beast and with all the injuries on the D-line that will be the key to the game.

Any chance that Nick Collins plays?

Boston
11-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Packers' fans don't seem to be of that opinion.

Brett Favre's return = at least .500

I love this.

The Packers are the vogue pick. I would agree, had they actually done anything at this point with the bevy of free cap space they had. People are acting as if Favre will carry the team on his back, in his final season. My question, where have these people been for the past couple of years. This isn't the M.V.P, superstar, one of the greats of all time, we all remember from the mid-90s. Al Harris is aging a bit, which isn't good for a man-to-man cover corner who's somehow staved off typical age struggles, he may be due for a fall in performance. They don't have a reliable RB or TE. I am lukewarm about the Packers. I don't think they will take over the division, win one for Favre kind of a deal, like some do.

ny10804
11-23-2007, 04:46 PM
I love this.

Yea, Shiver was perhaps Favre's strongest critic. In other words, he's an atheist.

Whistler6
11-23-2007, 04:58 PM
wow do we REALLY need Woodson to be able to play next week..

Also, I liked Samkon Gado. I was a fan of bringing Morency in, and I think Jackson has a chance to be decent. But watching Ryan Grant run is so much fun. His first game, I thought he ran hard yeah. But it looked like he was a straight up the field, put your head down, and get 4 yards type of guy. Now he's cutting back 2-3 times, hitting full speed right at the line of scrimmage, and SECURING the ball every time. Trying not to be a homer, but I really, REALLY think Grant can be a game breaking type of runner in Green Bay for a while. We had 7 yards rushing with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. He ended up with 101.

Packers 28 Dallas 24 GO PACK!!!

cordscords
11-23-2007, 09:20 PM
wow do we REALLY need Woodson to be able to play next week..

Also, I liked Samkon Gado. I was a fan of bringing Morency in, and I think Jackson has a chance to be decent. But watching Ryan Grant run is so much fun. His first game, I thought he ran hard yeah. But it looked like he was a straight up the field, put your head down, and get 4 yards type of guy. Now he's cutting back 2-3 times, hitting full speed right at the line of scrimmage, and SECURING the ball every time. Trying not to be a homer, but I really, REALLY think Grant can be a game breaking type of runner in Green Bay for a while. We had 7 yards rushing with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. He ended up with 101.

Packers 28 Dallas 24 GO PACK!!!

I'm with you on Grant. He actually LOOKS like a RB. Wynn was playing well before he was hurt, but he didnt look like anything special. Grant can cut, break tackles, block, go out for a pass, run inside, run outside, etc.

He's the real deal :)

Ward
11-23-2007, 10:15 PM
If you guys can keep Favre upright, our secondary can be had. And that's putting it nicely. Here's hoping we knock him on his ass all game!

Boston
11-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Speaking of Grant, since he "emerged," if you will, Brett Favre's numbers have been as follows...

Favre Before Grant (6 games)
9 TD (1.5 per game)
6 INT (1 per game)
1,715 yards (286 yards per game)
64.7 comp %
41 Att.
26 Comp.
6.9 Yards per Att.
Sacked 11 times
85.9 QB rating
142 Total Points
24 points per game
Average Opponent Pass Defense Rank = 22.8

Favre After Grant (5 games)
13 TD (2.6 TD's per game)
2 INT (.4 interceptions per game)
1,641 Yards (328 yards per game)
73.8 comp %
35.6 Att.
26.2 Comp.
9.42 Yards per Att.
Sacked 3 times
122.6 QB rating
154 Total Points
31 points per game
Average Opponent Pass Defense Rank = 19 (Vikings - 32, Lions - 30, bring that down considerably)

So, point is, Favre + Grant = Offensive Domination.

There's twenty minutes of my life...:)

someone447
11-23-2007, 10:42 PM
If you guys can keep Favre upright, our secondary can be had. And that's putting it nicely. Here's hoping we knock him on his ass all game!

Finally a Cowboy fan that is reasonable. The rest of them all say you can match up against our 4-5 wide sets.

The packers might be the most underrated 10-1 team in history.

Favre4ever
11-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Speaking of Grant, since he "emerged," if you will, Brett Favre's numbers have been as follows...

Favre Before Grant (6 games)
9 TD (1.5 per game)
6 INT (1 per game)
1,715 yards (286 yards per game)
64.7 comp %
41 Att.
26 Comp.
6.9 Yards per Att.
Sacked 11 times
85.9 QB rating
142 Total Points
24 points per game

Favre After Grant (5 games)
13 TD (2.6 TD's per game)
2 INT (.4 interceptions per game)
1,641 Yards (328 yards per game)
73.8 comp %
35.6 Att.
26.2 Comp.
9.42 Yards per Att.
Sacked 3 times
122.6 QB rating
154 Total Points
31 points per game

Wow...man Grant has really came out of nowhere hasnt he? Plus, hes gaining more confidence each game. That 100 yard game against the best rush D in the league says it all, this guy is for real.

GB12
11-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Favre is only 506 yards away from Marino's alltime yards record and 1728 away from his season record. He should have the career mark in 2 weeks against Oakland. The season one is pretty much out of reach, that is unless he averages 345 yards a game the rest of the way.

NickCollins36
11-24-2007, 01:11 PM
ok u guys
im callin it rite now
Nick " MA BOI" Collins is gonna hav a break out game NEXT WEEK vs dem cowboys!
CALLED IT
u saw it here first!
NICK COLLIN BETHUNE COOKMAN BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

umphrey
11-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Depending on the injury situations I wouldn't mind resting some players even though its a big game, if it means they can play in the playoffs without nagging injuries.

umphrey
11-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Two random predictions:

Rouse plays well enough to earn himself playing time (somewhere on the defense) this year and next, even when Collins is healthy.

Brandon Jackson is cut next off season.

2 games later and I'm feeling pretty good about these predictions.

Rouse has 2 interceptions and 14 tackles in 3 games, and hasn't shown himself to be a liability in the passing game yet. In fact, he's been making more plays than Collins.

Jackson hardly ever gets used even though he's healthy, and he looks like he's 3rd on the depth chart right now behind Morency. He might still pick it up at some point, but right now it looks like the only way he lands a roster spot next year is due to draft position, possibly GB needing another body at RB.

Moses
11-24-2007, 02:39 PM

Rouse has 2 interceptions and 14 tackles in 3 games, and hasn't shown himself to be a liability in the passing game yet. In fact, he's been making more plays than Collins.

Jackson hardly ever gets used even though he's healthy, and he looks like he's 3rd on the depth chart right now behind Morency. He might still pick it up at some point, but right now it looks like the only way he lands a roster spot next year is due to draft position, possibly GB needing another body at RB.

Who will make the roster over him? Ryan Grant is a given. DeShawn Wynn is a good bet as well. Vernand Morency is a RFA but he hasn't shown very much. The Packers might resign him if they feel he's still valuable as a 3rd down back. I think Brandon Jackson has a pretty good shot at making the team next year, although he might not get much playing time.

Empire
11-24-2007, 03:19 PM

The point still remains that you don't cut a second round draft pick after only one year. He's going to be given at least 1 or 2 more years to show what he can do. It be great if he does end up panning out so we could have a two back system with Grant and Jackson.

princefielder28
11-24-2007, 03:44 PM
The point still remains that you don't cut a second round draft pick after only one year. He's going to be given at least 1 or 2 more years to show what he can do. It be great if he does end up panning out so we could have a two back system with Grant and Jackson.

Right.....the Packers will hold onto Jackson atleast through next season b/c they invested a 2nd rounder in him and want to see if he develops.

Boston
11-24-2007, 05:39 PM

I agree with you on Rouse, but there is no way Jackson will be cut. Unless, of course, he just shows a complete lack of understanding for the game. He was kind of forced into the starting role at the beginning of the season, and the O-line was blocking for ****. As much as I'd love to give Grant all the credit for his success, I love the guy, some of it has to go to the line, who have been doing an awesome job at run blocking the last 2 or 3 weeks.

And, besides, Jackson excels at catching the ball out of the backfield, something Favre has always liked.

GB12
11-24-2007, 05:48 PM
I agree with you on Rouse, but there is no way Jackson will be cut. Unless, of course, he just shows a complete lack of understanding for the game. He was kind of forced into the starting role at the beginning of the season, and the O-line was blocking for ****. As much as I'd love to give Grant all the credit for his success, I love the guy, some of it has to go to the line, who have been doing an awesome job at run blocking the last 2 or 3 weeks.

And, besides, Jackson excels at catching the ball out of the backfield, something Favre has always liked.
I wouldn't necessarily say he "excels" at it. Grant, Wynn, and Morency are all better receivers than him.

ny10804
11-24-2007, 10:15 PM
I wouldn't necessarily say he "excels" at it. Grant, Wynn, and Morency are all better receivers than him.

I don't know, I'd say Jackson runs the screen best out of the four. Grant looked awkward against the Lions trying to catch-turn-and go.

Whistler6
11-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Here's my random irrelevant comment for the day,

My favorite part of the Lions game is when they had passed 30 some times and only ran 4 late in the 3rd. Then Favre hands it off to Grant and Joe Buck goes "Hey look a run" then he goes on to get a solid 35 yards. Nice

johbur
11-25-2007, 01:37 AM
My favorite Joe Buck comment was when he was talking to Troy about how the media glorify Brett, and Joe comments about how the light glistens off Brett's helmet. I didn't know Joe had a sense of humor.

A shame that Brady got all his new WRs, as Brett would have a good shot at being MVP again if it weren't for all those TDs from NE. Brett having as young a WR corp and as beat up a RB group, with the O-line as young as it is injured, makes what he's doing far more impressive to me than what Brady's doing.

cordscords
11-25-2007, 10:59 AM
My favorite Joe Buck comment was when he was talking to Troy about how the media glorify Brett, and Joe comments about how the light glistens off Brett's helmet. I didn't know Joe had a sense of humor.

A shame that Brady got all his new WRs, as Brett would have a good shot at being MVP again if it weren't for all those TDs from NE. Brett having as young a WR corp and as beat up a RB group, with the O-line as young as it is injured, makes what he's doing far more impressive to me than what Brady's doing.

Joe is a really funny guy. He filmed a late night pilot for FOX and he's still waiting to here if it will get picked up.

GB12
11-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Guess who's back...

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1533/underwoodhh7gc9.jpg (http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=underwoodhh7gc9.jpg)

By signing a safety that might mean that Rouse is out for a while though.

Moses
11-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Guess who's back...

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1533/underwoodhh7gc9.jpg (http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=underwoodhh7gc9.jpg)

By signing a safety that might mean that Rouse is out for a while though.

You got a link?

GB12
11-25-2007, 02:10 PM
You got a link?
I heard it on the radio. I can't find a link right now, but will post it as soon as I see something.

Moses
11-25-2007, 02:13 PM
I heard it on the radio. I can't find a link right now, but will post it as soon as I see something.

Cool. Thanks.

I don't like to hear that Rouse will likely miss extended time but at least Underwood gets a second chance. He was pretty bad in training camp but maybe he just needed more rest for his knee.

Jim Jim
11-25-2007, 02:29 PM
He's back. It's on a few sites already.

GB12
11-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Here's a link for the Underwood signing. Also Colin Cole was put on IR. http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Packers Coach Mike McCarthy confirmed that Underwood was signed to the 53-man roster. To make room, defensive lineman Colin Cole, who broke his arm in the Lions game, was placed on injured reserve.

jackalope
11-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Injuries are really starting to hurt us. I'm guessing that Underwood was signed because neither Rouse or Collins can play. Hopefully that isn't true, and he was signed for depth.

GB12
11-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Injuries are really starting to hurt us. I'm guessing that Underwood was signed because neither Rouse or Collins can play. Hopefully that isn't true, and he was signed for depth.
If Rouse can't go Collins we make an early return.

jackalope
11-25-2007, 08:21 PM
If Rouse can't go Collins we make an early return.

Did you hear that, or is that what you think McCarthy will do? It's kind of a tough decision whether you play your injured players to win the big game that could decide home field advantage, or rest them so they are healthy for the playoffs.

GB12
11-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Did you hear that, or is that what you think McCarthy will do? It's kind of a tough decision whether you play your injured players to win the big game that could decide home field advantage, or rest them so they are healthy for the playoffs.
Yeah, I've heard it from a couple different sources. Obviously if Collins comes out in practice and can barely run or something McCarthy's not going to risk losing him for the season, but if he's at least 80% he'll probably play.

princefielder28
11-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I've heard it from a couple different sources. Obviously if Collins comes out in practice and can barely run or something McCarthy's not going to risk losing him for the season, but if he's at least 80% he'll probably play.

I think if Collins is 80% or so, McCarthy plays Peprah but if he struggles and it shows then Collins would be used

The Legend
11-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Nick Collins Maybe Back Thursday

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071124/PKR01/711240445/1989

RockJock07
11-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Nick Collins Maybe Back Thursday

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071124/PKR01/711240445/1989

hopefully he can play. Any word on Woodson?

ny10804
11-25-2007, 11:53 PM
hopefully he can play. Any word on Woodson?

Let's see what Coach McCarthy has to say...

(Any update on Woodson?)
Jeff told me I'm not allowed to talk about injuries until Tuesday.
Screw Jeff! We wanna know, dagnabit.

RockJock07
11-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Interesting.....Texas A&M is looking at Sherman

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127588

Hawk
11-26-2007, 12:15 AM
Interesting.....Texas A&M is looking at Sherman

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127588

don't do it a&m

GB12
11-26-2007, 12:26 AM
Woodson taken off punt return.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=689848

someone447
11-26-2007, 12:26 AM
don't do it a&m

Why not? He wasn't a bad coach by any stretch of the imagination. He was just a horrible GM.

RockJock07
11-26-2007, 12:36 AM
Why not? He wasn't a bad coach by any stretch of the imagination. He was just a horrible GM.

Sherman was a awful GM, however I think a college team would be a great fit for him. However when he was with the packers, great offense, shady defense. Couldn't you make the arguement that he is a smarter version on Bill Callahan?

The Legend
11-26-2007, 12:49 AM
Will Blackmon was back to practice, he was doing pretty good at KR in preson.. that why maybe Koren can play more offense, also sometime when he healty nice to see Will Blackmon on screens and reverse

bearsfan_51
11-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Sherman was a awful GM, however I think a college team would be a great fit for him. However when he was with the packers, great offense, shady defense. Couldn't you make the arguement that he is a smarter version on Bill Callahan?

Except Sherman is a seemingly nice and intelligent man and Callahan is a pompous ass.

I think Sherman would be a good hire, though I wonder if they could afford him. He turned down the Arizona job over money after all.

RockJock07
11-26-2007, 01:06 AM
Except Sherman is a seemingly nice and intelligent man and Callahan is a pompous ass.

I think Sherman would be a good hire, though I wonder if they could afford him. He turned down the Arizona job over money after all.

I was talking about coaching, but nevertheless, I agree with you. Sherman looked dumb when he decided to break the bank on KGB, Joe Johnson, and steller draft picks like Jamal Reynolds, BJ Sander, and Ahmad Carroll.

I know Nick Barrnett was a Sherman pick, any other picks currently on the roster? Corey Williams/Jenkins?

TitleTown088
11-26-2007, 01:33 AM
I was talking about coaching, but nevertheless, I agree with you. Sherman looked dumb when he decided to break the bank on KGB, Joe Johnson, and steller draft picks like Jamal Reynolds, BJ Sander, and Ahmad Carroll.

I know Nick Barrnett was a Sherman pick, any other picks currently on the roster? Corey Williams/Jenkins?

Kampman.......

TitleTown088
11-26-2007, 01:39 AM
Tramon Williams is damn fast. The punt return and now when he ran down the Detroit kick returner?

bigboiajhawk
11-26-2007, 02:43 AM
I honestly havent seen speed like that since desmond howard, for the packers, i mean the way he made up soo much ground so fast, unbelievable

Football Fan
11-26-2007, 06:36 AM
I honestly havent seen speed like that since desmond howard, for the packers, i mean the way he made up soo much ground so fast, unbelievable

Yeah, I was amazed when I saw how fast he closed. That was incredible.

Favre4ever
11-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I was amazed when I saw how fast he closed. That was incredible.

...and he also played very well in coverage.

Whistler6
11-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Williams came out of nowhere. I'm not going to lie, I didn't even notice him until the return TD and saw his speed. Then he made some solid pass defenses and ran down the Lion's returner. Now all of a sudden he looks like he could be a playmaker. We'll see I suppose. He's a rookie and has a long ways to go, but his speed is definitely going to help him out

johbur
11-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Tramon looks like a good find that might stick on the roster more than one year. He's had good returns, catching their return guy when he was 15 or so yards behind him showed some serious speed and hustle. Then he came in at CB and had a PD. I'd like to see him continue to be solid in as the dime.

jackalope
11-27-2007, 09:39 PM
The Chiefs signed John Carney to replace Dave Rayner. I liked Rayner and was hoping he would succeed somewhere else, but it looks like we made the right choice.

From NFL.com
Carney replaces Dave Rayner (http://www.nfl.com/players/daverayner/profile?id=RAY750488), who was 15 of 22 after replacing Justin Medlock (http://www.nfl.com/players/justinmedlock/profile?id=MED290361), a rookie the Chiefs drafted with a supplemental pick in the fifth round out of UCLA but gave up on in September.

The Chiefs (4-7), who have lost four in a row, drafted Medlock last April over Colorado All-American Mason Crosby (http://www.nfl.com/players/masoncrosby/profile?id=CRO369933).

Crosby, taken by Minnesota in the following round, is 15 of 18 for the Vikings. Rayner was available for the Chiefs to pick up because Crosby had just beaten him out in Minnesota.

Found that interesting.

GB12
11-27-2007, 09:54 PM
I found this more interesting.
Dave Rayner (http://www.nfl.com/players/daverayner/profile?id=RAY750488), who was 15 of 22 after replacing Justin Medlock (http://www.nfl.com/players/justinmedlock/profile?id=MED290361), a rookie the Chiefs drafted with a supplemental pick in the fifth round out of UCLA but gave up on in September.

Should have taken Crosby

The Legend
11-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Aaron Rouse losing by 2%

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies

get to voting

TitleTown088
11-28-2007, 03:19 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071127/PKR01/71127209

New pres... Can't say I know anything about him.

Football Fan
11-28-2007, 05:30 AM
The nfc wildcard race seems to have been busted open after last weeks games. I noticed chicago and even minnesota may have a crack at what might be the last spot assuming the giants get the other one. In my own opinion im pretty certain that detroit is done.

Football Fan
11-28-2007, 05:39 AM

Yeah I dont know what to think about this guy. All I do know is that Harlan has been cut out of decision making process on his successor and that worries me.

RockJock07
11-28-2007, 02:07 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071128/PKR01/711280646/1989

This is really great news, the packers seem to be pretty healthy going into this game. Jolly is the only one who will be out, but with Pickett playing it helps the rotation of the DL with maybe Harrell coming in every so often.

I hope that the pack can play a DB on Witten, maybe Rouse?

The Legend
11-29-2007, 12:19 AM

http://www.nfl.com/players/markmurphy/profile?id=MUR517845

was a huge safety 6'4 - 210, had 9 Int for 130 yards in one season

PACKmanN
11-29-2007, 12:21 AM
well GB12 this will make you happy, its old but Underwood has resigned with us.

Twiddler
11-29-2007, 09:12 AM
The nfc wildcard race seems to have been busted open after last weeks games. I noticed chicago and even minnesota may have a crack at what might be the last spot assuming the giants get the other one. In my own opinion im pretty certain that detroit is done.

Me too. I think their biggest worry of the year while they were winning would be if they lost a few straight and happen to get back into their losing ways. Needlessly said, I think they're well on their way.

Whistler6
11-29-2007, 02:04 PM
So for tonight...I think we will win. Also, how my week went usually depended on the Packer's winning or losing. However though, if they do lose tonight. I won't be all too torn up about it. I may cry..but we will still be far and above our division, still in control of a first round bye, and still getting a home game for sure. I think-like Mccarthy said-getting healthy is the MOST important thing. There is no reason to risk hurting our stars more..

GB12
11-29-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm ready to give Rouse a shot at SS.

princefielder28
11-29-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm ready to give Rouse a shot at SS.

Like i've always said Bush and Bigby are not the answer

ny10804
11-29-2007, 10:44 PM
The Bright Side

We were without three key players on defense: Charles Woodson, Johnny Jolly, and KGB (Rouse wouldn't have played even if healthy).

With 10 days of rest (17 for the injured players) plus two easy games (Oakland and STL), our team should be getting very healthy right before the playoffs begin.

We still will most likely have a bye in round 1, yet another week for some rest and relaxation for our aging vets.

We know we can dictate on offense if we stick to the short game.

Our young guys now have some experience in a tough game with plenty to learn from. We played like **** but still found a way to make it close despite some bull **** calls.

Come playoffs, the revenge factor could play a big card.

Gotta stay optimistic!

bearsfan_51
11-29-2007, 11:56 PM
The loss of Johnny Jolly and Colin Cole was clearly the story of this game.

GB12
11-30-2007, 12:02 AM
The loss of Johnny Jolly and Colin Cole was clearly the story of this game.
Speaking of the DTs, Williams and Pickett were in for almost every snap. When they did come out Muir went in, not Harrell.

bearsfan_51
11-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Speaking of the DTs, Williams and Pickett were in for almost every snap. When they did come out Muir went in, not Harrell.
How long has Harrell been healthy? That could be part of it. Either that or they have no confidence in him.

vatech=accdomination
11-30-2007, 07:40 AM
what is the general consensus on aaron rouse?

Favre4ever
11-30-2007, 08:09 AM

Hes been a pleasant surprise thus far for us. Very Good in coverage and has great instincts. 2 picks in 2 starts so far this year.

princefielder28
11-30-2007, 09:19 AM

10x better than Atari Bigby

vatech=accdomination
11-30-2007, 11:30 AM
What position is he playing?

Empire
11-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Is anyone else as impressed with Tramon Williams as I am? He's got decent size, blazing speed, and pretty decent coverage skills. He needs to become the nickel corner ASAP. Jarret Bush proved he has no place in this defense. He's been a liability for us all year and the Dallas game just proved he can't be a starter for this team. Tramon Williams played a very solid game overall, except for that horrible pass interference call. I'd get him reps as the primary nickel corner against Oakland and see how he fares.

Favre4ever
11-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Is anyone else as impressed with Tramon Williams as I am? He's got decent size, blazing speed, and pretty decent coverage skills. He needs to become the nickel corner ASAP. Jarret Bush proved he has no place in this defense. He's been a liability for us all year and the Dallas game just proved he can't be a starter for this team. Tramon Williams played a very solid game overall, except for that horrible pass interference call. I'd get him reps as the primary nickel corner against Oakland and see how he fares.

The switch with Tramon Williams happened to give us a chance to come back in the game. The coaches realized Bush was a liability and they changed him. Same would have been done with Bigby but Rouse wasnt available.

NickCollins36
11-30-2007, 12:49 PM
seems whoever we put at SS neve pans out...
hopefully we can get a good safety next year
maybe rouse will be an upgrade
im sick of bigby already

NickCollins36
11-30-2007, 12:49 PM
ma boi nick collin cnt do all da work:D

someone447
11-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Does anyone else feel like the Packers didn't really care about getting HFA? That they thought it might actually hurt them due to the amount of passing?

KGB and Woodson both said they felt great on Wednesday, and that they were certain they would play.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Yeah I can understand that. No reason to risk it though, a lot can happen still. If I were a Dallas fan I'd be a little worried about a let down against any of the teams they play the rest of the way. I blame the Bills though, they blew it against the Cowboys LOL. But what I'm saying is if Romo has a bad game and the opposing team's offense can actually score, unlike the Bills, they can lose.

Empire
11-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah I can understand that. No reason to risk it though, a lot can happen still. If I were a Dallas fan I'd be a little worried about a let down against any of the teams they play the rest of the way. I blame the Bills though, they blew it against the Cowboys LOL. But what I'm saying is if Romo has a bad game and the opposing team's offense can actually score, unlike the Bills, they can lose.

Cowboys essentially have a 2 game lead on the Packers however. They'd need two letdowns before the end of the year. And I don't think that they will lose two games looking at their schedule.

bigboiajhawk
11-30-2007, 02:16 PM
To be quite honest, I think if the Packers play Dallas in the Playoffs, Dallas is going to be a little scared, because not only was Charles Woodson not in the game but Brett was not himself, and to barely beat the packers without them is really sad, and i thought how the reporters thought the game proved just how much better the cowboys are than everyone else in the NFC, but in fact they didnt look a whole lot better than the injured packer team

Whistler6
11-30-2007, 02:19 PM
ma boi nick collin cnt do all da work:D

Nick Collins played scared last night. He didn't come back and provide an upgrade like I thought he would

GB12
11-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Nick Collins played scared last night. He didn't come back and provide an upgrade like I thought he would
If Rouse was healthy I think Collins would have waited to start another week as well.

The Legend
11-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Like i've always said Bush and Bigby are not the answer

Rouse should be given his shot...

ny10804
11-30-2007, 04:00 PM
10/27/07 1:30 PM Monsignor Farrell (Staten Island, NY) (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Team.mxp/AreaID-6ce88657-358c-4b96-acd7-d1683b42774c/SchoolID-d897f3d8-dff3-486f-bc40-51758f020116/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_07-08/NewYork) ** L 28-30 (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/BoxScores.mxp/AreaID-6ce88657-358c-4b96-acd7-d1683b42774c/ContestID-0596188c-0748-4e94-9045-fceb2525c752/opntid-d897f3d8-dff3-486f-bc40-51758f020116/SchoolID-81839177-494d-4310-9e2f-ab2273b7a82e/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_07-08/NewYork) http://www.maxpreps.com/Images/Admin/link-stories.gif (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages.aspx/TellUsStories?State=NY&SSID=2d976fd6-2d12-41a3-ad74-8f39dfcdb95e&AreaID=6ce88657-358c-4b96-acd7-d1683b42774c&OpponentID=d897f3d8-dff3-486f-bc40-51758f020116&SchoolID=81839177-494d-4310-9e2f-ab2273b7a82e&gameID=0596188c-0748-4e94-9045-fceb2525c752)
11/3/07 6:00 PM @Monsignor Farrell (Staten Island, NY) (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Team.mxp/AreaID-6ce88657-358c-4b96-acd7-d1683b42774c/SchoolID-d897f3d8-dff3-486f-bc40-51758f020116/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_07-08/NewYork) ** W 38-8 (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/BoxScores.mxp/AreaID-6ce88657-358c-4b96-acd7-d1683b42774c/ContestID-809464b1-698f-4320-aa89-0cc31b905315/opntid-d897f3d8-dff3-486f-bc40-51758f020116/SchoolID-81839177-494d-4310-9e2f-ab2273b7a82e/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_07-08/NewYork) http://www.maxpreps.com/Images/Admin/link-stories.gif (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages.aspx/TellUsStories?State=NY&SSID=2d976fd6-2d12-41a3-ad74-8f39dfcdb95e&AreaID=6ce88657-358c-4b96-acd7-d1683b42774c&OpponentID=d897f3d8-dff3-486f-bc40-51758f020116&SchoolID=81839177-494d-4310-9e2f-ab2273b7a82e&gameID=809464b1-698f-4320-aa89-0cc31b905315)

The playoffs for my football team's league began on 11/3. A little revenge can go a long way.

Boston
11-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Packers > Cowboys. After all the injuries, all the crap calls, we were still within 3 points in the middle of the 4th, in Dallas, without Favre.

bearsfan_51
11-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Does anyone else feel like the Packers didn't really care about getting HFA? That they thought it might actually hurt them due to the amount of passing?
Come on now......

I've actually been sticking up for the Packers, but don't pull the "we really didn't want to win card".

Jmohr107
11-30-2007, 04:29 PM
10/27/07 1:30 PM Monsignor Farrell (Staten Island, NY) (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Team.mxp/AreaID-6ce88657-358c-4b96-acd7-d1683b42774c/SchoolID-d897f3d8-dff3-486f-bc40-51758f020116/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_07-08/NewYork) ** L 28-30 (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/BoxScores.mxp/AreaID-6ce88657-358c-4b96-acd7-d1683b42774c/ContestID-0596188c-0748-4e94-9045-fceb2525c752/opntid-d897f3d8-dff3-486f-bc40-51758f020116/SchoolID-81839177-494d-4310-9e2f-ab2273b7a82e/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_07-08/NewYork) http://www.maxpreps.com/Images/Admin/link-stories.gif (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages.aspx/TellUsStories?State=NY&SSID=2d976fd6-2d12-41a3-ad74-8f39dfcdb95e&AreaID=6ce88657-358c-4b96-acd7-d1683b42774c&OpponentID=d897f3d8-dff3-486f-bc40-51758f020116&SchoolID=81839177-494d-4310-9e2f-ab2273b7a82e&gameID=0596188c-0748-4e94-9045-fceb2525c752)
11/3/07 6:00 PM @Monsignor Farrell (Staten Island, NY) (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Team.mxp/AreaID-6ce88657-358c-4b96-acd7-d1683b42774c/SchoolID-d897f3d8-dff3-486f-bc40-51758f020116/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_07-08/NewYork) ** W 38-8 (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/BoxScores.mxp/AreaID-6ce88657-358c-4b96-acd7-d1683b42774c/ContestID-809464b1-698f-4320-aa89-0cc31b905315/opntid-d897f3d8-dff3-486f-bc40-51758f020116/SchoolID-81839177-494d-4310-9e2f-ab2273b7a82e/Boys_Varsity_Football_Fall_07-08/NewYork) http://www.maxpreps.com/Images/Admin/link-stories.gif (http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages.aspx/TellUsStories?State=NY&SSID=2d976fd6-2d12-41a3-ad74-8f39dfcdb95e&AreaID=6ce88657-358c-4b96-acd7-d1683b42774c&OpponentID=d897f3d8-dff3-486f-bc40-51758f020116&SchoolID=81839177-494d-4310-9e2f-ab2273b7a82e&gameID=809464b1-698f-4320-aa89-0cc31b905315)

The playoffs for my football team's league began on 11/3. A little revenge can go a long way.

You guys also beat us (Chaminade).

someone447
11-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Come on now......

I've actually been sticking up for the Packers, but don't pull the "we really didn't want to win card".

Nononono, I only mean why Woodson and KGB didn't play. I just found it strange that EVERY ONE of our questionable players was out. Before the game I got the distinct feeling that the coaching staff wasn't overly concerned about the game.

neko4
11-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Why did we ever let go of Dendy?

PACKmanN
12-01-2007, 12:10 AM
What position is he playing?

FS, he reminds me a lot like a young Darren Sharper

BTW guys, why havent we been trying Desmond Bishop at OLB? he has to be better then Poppinga, we saw what Hawk can do when you let him run around and cause problems. As get Bush out of there and get Blackmon in, and move Collins to SS, and start Rouse at FS.

GB12
12-01-2007, 01:02 AM
FS, he reminds me a lot like a young Darren Sharper

BTW guys, why havent we been trying Desmond Bishop at OLB? he has to be better then Poppinga, we saw what Hawk can do when you let him run around and cause problems. As get Bush out of there and get Blackmon in, and move Collins to SS, and start Rouse at FS.
Haven't I explained this to you already?

Bishop is on the teams for his special teams. If he had to play defense he'd be a MLB. He's a hard hitter, but that's about it. Think a worse version of Atari Bigby at LB. You're sick of Poppinga's coverage but Bishop doesn't solve that. Brady has better pass defense, not to mention he's better just about everywhere else too.

I think Bush will be in a dogfight for his job this week, and don't expect him to keep it. However I don't think Blackmon will be the one to take it. He's been out for 3.5 months with an injury. Tramon Williams will probably get his shot, with Walker as the dime, Bush as the 5th CB, and Blackmon 6th.

Why the hell would we move Collins to SS and Rouse to FS? Rouse is a SS. He was only playing FS because Collins was hurt. If they are in the lineup together they will stick with their positions that they play. That just doesn't make any sense. Why would they switch postions all of a sudden?

JF4
12-01-2007, 01:05 AM
I love it when your angry GB12

Nitschke-Hawk
12-01-2007, 01:29 AM
Oh yeah speaking of Hawk I forgot to say he was awesome once again. Been great the last month or two IMO. Made Marion the Barbarian look pretty average on several plays and once again awesome in coverage.

Boston
12-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Oh yeah speaking of Hawk I forgot to say he was awesome once again. Been great the last month or two IMO. Made Marion the Barbarian look pretty average on several plays and once again awesome in coverage.

Speaking of which. That 3rd and 19 play, the 35 yard completion, after Hawk stopped Witten/Barber behind the line of scrimmage on two consecutive plays, could have won us the game, had it gone the other way. So, go Hawk...

ny10804
12-01-2007, 12:04 PM
You guys also beat us (Chaminade).

Cool, that makes 1 Iona Prep, 1 Holy Trinity (Rob Schubert), and 1 Chaminade student.

BTW, 66 (the guy I had to block at LG) is a big dude...

Nitschke-Hawk
12-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Speaking of which. That 3rd and 19 play, the 35 yard completion, after Hawk stopped Witten/Barber behind the line of scrimmage on two consecutive plays, could have won us the game, had it gone the other way. So, go Hawk...

Yeah that moment sticks out to me. It irks me that we couldn't get a stop there, but that happened a lot. They had so many big passing plays because of our mistakes that haven't been made this year.

ny10804
12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Someone blew a coverage on that play. Al Harris was 10 yards off the LOS with no one in sight. Patrick Crayton was ........W.................I.................D..... ............E........... open, and no else was within 20 yards of him after he caught it.

KILLERSANTA
12-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Someone blew a coverage on that play. Al Harris was 10 yards off the LOS with no one in sight. Patrick Crayton was ........W.................I.................D..... ............E........... open, and no else was within 20 yards of him after he caught it.

To be fair, Crayton is part god......

GB12
12-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Good Bye again Underwood.

Hello again Craig Nall.

johbur
12-01-2007, 05:51 PM
The good: Aaron Rodgers and the offense rolling on Dallas. Aaron Rodgers also very mobile and knows when to bring the ball down and pick up yards. GB rushed better than Dallas and Ryan Grant and Aaron > Marion Barber and Julius Jones. Ryan Grant is leading the league in rushing since week 8. Without the turnovers, might have seen him get yet another 100 yard day.

The bad: Our defense without Woodson in. Not sure if KGB would have been able to apply pressure around that LT or not. Missing 3rd and 19 terrible. Where's the coaching on that play? The offensive play-calling when Brett was in. What was with all those 7 step drop backs and chucking the ball as far down the field as possible? I love watching our offense when the ball gets spread out and there are quick tosses to the receivers who get the yards after the catch. The Pack didn't get back to that until Rodgers came in. I hated the play-calling until Rodgers came in.

The ugly: Referees blew dog. Two big calls against the Packers, but that's home-field cooking for you. Favre missing that blitz. I'm not sure if that was a result of having take the seven steps back and looking down field, but I like it more when he's in shotgun and looking for the slants and curls.

It'll be nice to have the extra time to get a little bit of health back and get the team back to basics to hit the Raiders. Time to go 4-0 in December again!!!

jackalope
12-01-2007, 06:18 PM

Hello again Craig Nall.

Great to see Nall back. I was a big fan of him when he was here.

princefielder28
12-01-2007, 10:06 PM

Hello again Craig Nall.

I was mad when Nall left so I'm glad he's back

neko4
12-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Atari Bigby was born in Jamaica (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaica) and moved to the U.S. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.) at age 4. He was named by his grandmother, who liked the name Atari. "Atari" is a Japanese word meaning "attack". He is married to Jill and has 2 daughters, Michelle, 6, and Leenah, 3

I get it now

Whistler6
12-02-2007, 01:49 PM
soo on NFL.com, there's an article about Brett Favre leading ALL NFL PLAYERS in the probowl voting. That is pretty awesome. As far as the probowl goes, I think Tracy White and Scott Wells could make their first appearences. Scott Wells kind of goes un noticed, but he has been the one SOLID O-linemen for us all season except for the injury. Also it is kind of a given Kampman an Woodson will be there. Anyone else?

GB12
12-02-2007, 01:59 PM
soo on NFL.com, there's an article about Brett Favre leading ALL NFL PLAYERS in the probowl voting. That is pretty awesome. As far as the probowl goes, I think Tracy White and Scott Wells could make their first appearences. Scott Wells kind of goes un noticed, but he has been the one SOLID O-linemen for us all season except for the injury. Also it is kind of a given Kampman an Woodson will be there. Anyone else?
Wells has no chance. White is deserving of going as the ST and having that TD will help, but that's a position that voting is out of whack for. Kampman, Favre, Woodson, and Jennings are locks. Barnett has a very good chance, and Harris and Clifton are possible.

Hawk
12-02-2007, 04:33 PM

Hello again Craig Nall.

Another piece from the Sherman era :D

johbur
12-02-2007, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't mind Nall sticking with the team if he gets over himself enough to become a Peterson to Rodgers.

neko4
12-02-2007, 11:27 PM
That was his problem, he didnt like Rodgers. I just figured that we thought he wasnt good anymore

GB12
12-02-2007, 11:49 PM
That was his problem, he didnt like Rodgers. I just figured that we thought he wasnt good anymore
Huh? He left because Buffalo offered him more money and a chance to battle for the starting job. I've always liked him as a backup and would to have him as our #2 once Favre leaves. I still remember that game where he lit up the Bears.

bigboiajhawk
12-03-2007, 02:55 AM
I am wondering why nall is back, is bretts hand still numb?

bigboiajhawk
12-03-2007, 03:03 AM

I totally agree with you, AJ has looked like a beast out there. The one thing i like about him is that he is the surest tackler on the packers team, and he is quick and fast enough to not get juked out of his shoes. I am a huge fan of his and have been. I wish they would find a way to get him better blitzes that arent either up the middle or directly at an offensive tackle where he has to do swim moves and spin moves to get by. He is improving more and more in pass coverage coming from a college where he was always in zone. So it should be exciting as the end of the season approaches to see what he does.

On another note, does aaron rouse start? He must be healthy otherwise they wouldnt have gotten rid of underwood. I would really like to see him and collins in the game.

neko4
12-03-2007, 06:52 AM
I am wondering why nall is back, is bretts hand still numb?
Insurance, just think if Rodgers got hurt last week

princefielder28
12-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Insurance, just think if Rodgers got hurt last week

Then Ruvell would've been QB

Empire
12-03-2007, 10:43 AM

I personally would have loved seeing Ruvell under center.

Twiddler
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM

But this is just a better option. Ruvell is simply an emergency option and I doubt he spends a whole lot of time learning the QB position.

Hawk
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
But this is just a better option. Ruvell is simply an emergency option and I doubt he spends a whole lot of time learning the QB position.

Hell anyone could be named the emergency QB. I'm sure most of the athletes on the team played QB in high school

The Legend
12-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Hell anyone could be named the emergency QB. I'm sure most of the athletes on the team played QB in high school

the thing i belive nall brings is good headset work with talking to favre

TitleTown088
12-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Si's sportsman of the year is...... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/magazine/specials/sportsman/2007/12/03/sportsman.2007/index.html?eref=T1

princefielder28
12-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Si's sportsman of the year is...... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/magazine/specials/sportsman/2007/12/03/sportsman.2007/index.html?eref=T1

Way to go #4!

Nitschke-Hawk
12-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Great story too.

GB12
12-04-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm hearing that Johnny Jolly could be out for the year. I hope that's not the case.

Moses
12-04-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm hearing that Johnny Jolly could be out for the year. I hope that's not the case.

Yuck, that's bad news with Cole also on the IR. Harrell will need to step up big time if that is true.

bearsfan_51
12-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Yuck, that's bad news with Cole also on the IR. Harrell will need to step up big time if that is true.
And change his name to Harry.

Moses
12-05-2007, 12:06 AM
And change his name to Harry.

Muhsin Muhammad

bearsfan_51
12-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Muhsin Muhammad
We might cut him this offseason so maybe the Packers could pick him up and put him on the defensive line.

Moses
12-05-2007, 12:09 AM
We might cut him this offseason so maybe the Packers could pick him up and put him on the defensive line.

Bernard Berrian? Your wide receiver corps owns. :D

Hawk
12-05-2007, 05:28 PM

He's on the cover too which is slightly ironic to me. I told one of my friends last week that I was really hoping for the Packers to win and that whoever won the game would most likely end up on the cover of SI. I guess it was meant for the Packers to win that game hah.

johbur
12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Aaron tweaked his hamstring in practice and Nall took the snaps. Good move picking Nall up.

Gravedigger42
12-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Just like a bitter bear fan to knock a Packer 1st round pick, who will end up being a star in this league. TT knew going into the year that he would be a project because he was/is recovering from an injury. I gues since our WR's and TE's are playing so poorly this year TT should've taken Olsen or Meachem. I mean they are putting up much better #'s than the guys we currently have. I guess it is nice though that the bear fans are back to routing against the Packers instead of overhyping their team. Sorry bearsfan_51 but it seems like all you can do this year is make fun of our draft pick. Lets see 1 SB appearance every 20 years means you only have about 19 more to wait. Better luck in 2026.

Boston
12-06-2007, 04:37 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

This makes me sad.

GB12
12-06-2007, 04:40 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

This makes me sad.
That's for against the spread.

Boston
12-06-2007, 05:03 PM

OK, didn't see that before...

bearsfan_51
12-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Just like a bitter bear fan to knock a Packer 1st round pick, who will end up being a star in this league. TT knew going into the year that he would be a project because he was/is recovering from an injury. I gues since our WR's and TE's are playing so poorly this year TT should've taken Olsen or Meachem. I mean they are putting up much better #'s than the guys we currently have. I guess it is nice though that the bear fans are back to routing against the Packers instead of overhyping their team. Sorry bearsfan_51 but it seems like all you can do this year is make fun of our draft pick. Lets see 1 SB appearance every 20 years means you only have about 19 more to wait. Better luck in 2026.
What in the blue hell are you talking about?

johbur
12-06-2007, 08:54 PM
What in the blue hell are you talking about?

WHo knows? That you bagged "Harry" at some time? I so didn't want Harrell. Still don't. Making a lot of money for nothing and his chicks for free. Daniel Muir playing better than him. Yeah, but Olsen with Favre since training camp and his numbers would be a lot different. He'd be in with the 4-wide sets as much as Lee, maybe more. We'd also be able to run 2 TE sets and actually have a threat opposite Lee. I woulda liked Leon Hall or Reggie Nelson so that our depth wasn't filled with UDFA guys who can't get it done. Nelson was my third choice after Landry and Olsen.

mqtirishfan
12-06-2007, 10:11 PM

A stupid spread at that.

GB12
12-06-2007, 10:14 PM
A stupid spread at that.
Why is that exactly?

Sportsfan486
12-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Why is that exactly?

Yeah, not sure why the spread is odd. We have won 5 of our games by double digits and the Raiders have 4 wins, despite people trying to hype them up for some reason.

bigboiajhawk
12-07-2007, 03:41 AM
When talking about justin Harrell, you can almost look at Broderick Bunkley, Bunkley was a first round pick and he barely played last season as a rookie, now he is coming into his own for the eagles, so I think next year will be a key year for justin harrell, and if he doesnt perform then i guess we can start bashing him. Based on production the only guys the packers really missed big on were reggie nelson, dwayne bowe, leon hall, and jon beason. But i am optimistic that Harrell will be a decent player for us. He is atleast really strong.

Favre4ever
12-07-2007, 11:21 AM
When talking about justin Harrell, you can almost look at Broderick Bunkley, Bunkley was a first round pick and he barely played last season as a rookie, now he is coming into his own for the eagles, so I think next year will be a key year for justin harrell, and if he doesnt perform then i guess we can start bashing him. Based on production the only guys the packers really missed big on were reggie nelson, dwayne bowe, leon hall, and jon beason. But i am optimistic that Harrell will be a decent player for us. He is atleast really strong.

How many snaps did he get against Dallas? I dont remember seeing him that often on the field...

bigboiajhawk
12-07-2007, 11:37 AM
I dont know exactly how many, but he atleast got a tackle, and that is promising enough to me. If you read what i said, I said next year would be a key year for justin harrell, not this year. Give the guy a break, he didnt play for a long time due to injury. If you would look at broderick bunkley's stats, he only had 9 tackles as a rookie, and Harrell has three as of right now. Now Bunkley is turning into a decent player for the eagles. So, i am hoping that harrells play next year parallels with bunkleys this year.

Whistler6
12-08-2007, 07:33 PM
I will be bummed about this past offseason for a long time. Whether Harrel turns into a "decent" DT or not, we have decent DT's already. I think our line was deep enough to go a different route with that pick. I was jumping up and down when Greg Olsen was still there thinking WE GOT HIM.. But that was the past soo. Here's to hoping Harrel turns into a ***dominating*** DT, b/c if that doesn't happen, I will always look back on that pick as a mistake

GB12
12-08-2007, 09:02 PM
I will be bummed about this past offseason for a long time. Whether Harrel turns into a "decent" DT or not, we have decent DT's already. I think our line was deep enough to go a different route with that pick. I was jumping up and down when Greg Olsen was still there thinking WE GOT HIM.. But that was the past soo. Here's to hoping Harrel turns into a ***dominating*** DT, b/c if that doesn't happen, I will always look back on that pick as a mistake
For Greg Olsen? Please. I never understood why everyone wanted him at 16. Sure he's a decent TE, but he's no Antonio Gates or Kellen Winslow. Olsen would have been as big of a reach as Harrell. We do have Donald Lee, who has twice as many TDs and 150 more yards than Olsen, putting him in the top ten among TEs for both those stats.

umphrey
12-09-2007, 11:58 AM
For Greg Olsen? Please. I never understood why everyone wanted him at 16. Sure he's a decent TE, but he's no Antonio Gates or Kellen Winslow. Olsen would have been as big of a reach as Harrell. We do have Donald Lee, who has twice as many TDs and 150 more yards than Olsen, putting him in the top ten among TEs for both those stats.

There weren't a lot of good picks for us there but pretty much any secondary or OL depth would have been better IMO. That would have made more sense at the time and still would now.

bearsfan_51
12-09-2007, 12:04 PM

Those stats are incredibly misleading. Olsen is a situational player for us this year because of Desmond Clark, Lee is essentially the only TE the Packers use. If you watch Olsen play he stands out for his size, speed, and catching ability. As a red zone threat alone he's been worth our pick, though maybe not yours. Either way, come on, he's a better prospect than Donald Lee and would have added yet another dimension for Favre.

As for the pick, I'll say what I said then, Leon Hall was the most prudent choice. I was always a bit puzzled why so many of you disagreed with this, and yet now want the Packers to spend their 1st on a cornerback.

Regardless, I agree that it's too early to judge the abilities of Harrell.

Boston
12-09-2007, 03:14 PM
It's nice to see we can win by that much when our passing offense isn't really clicking the way they have been.

GB12
12-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Those stats are incredibly misleading. Olsen is a situational player for us this year because of Desmond Clark, Lee is essentially the only TE the Packers use. If you watch Olsen play he stands out for his size, speed, and catching ability. As a red zone threat alone he's been worth our pick, though maybe not yours. Either way, come on, he's a better prospect than Donald Lee and would have added yet another dimension for Favre.

As for the pick, I'll say what I said then, Leon Hall was the most prudent choice. I was always a bit puzzled why so many of you disagreed with this, and yet now want the Packers to spend their 1st on a cornerback.

Regardless, I agree that it's too early to judge the abilities of Harrell.
Bing! Bing! Bing! We rarely use double TE formations and when we do it's because we want another blocker. Olsen wouldn't have been much more usefull then Harrell. Donald Lee is just below the elite group of TEs this season, I'm more than happy with him.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-09-2007, 03:31 PM
The only player I'd rather have at that spot now is probably Darrelle Revis. I saw him jam T.O. on Thanksgiving like no one else. He's the Jets number 1 cornerback all the time now I think. Jon Beason comes to mind but he is definitely not a Strong Side Linebacker, and that's the only place we could put him.

GB12
12-09-2007, 03:32 PM
The only player I'd rather have at that spot now is probably Darrelle Revis. I saw him jam T.O. on Thanksgiving like no one else. He's the Jets number 1 cornerback all the time now I think. Jon Beason comes to mind but he is definitely not a Strong Side Linebacker, and that's the only place we could put him.
Revis was taken before us. I wouldn't have minded him, but I did not like Leon Hall at draft time.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Damn it feels good to be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston
12-09-2007, 05:51 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7544592

Interesting story.

wiscbadgerfootball
12-09-2007, 05:53 PM
ah yes division champs baby

princefielder28
12-09-2007, 07:07 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7544592

Interesting story.

Thats pretty cool!

lod01
12-09-2007, 08:18 PM
ah yes division champs baby

Damn, that was easy.

Sportsfan486
12-10-2007, 01:11 AM
So a win and Sea loss next week clinches a bye! Also, we have a shot at our most regular season wins EVER in a season! 14 would take the crown, 13 would tie it.

Grant has the most rushing yards since week 8 and has a very strong shot at 1,000.

Our defense and offense look amazing all around the last month and a half (not counting the Cowboys game.. I feel like injuries and a bad early gameplan killed us there.)

Unfortunately Dallas came back on Detroit today so homefield throughout is very, VERY doubtful.

drowe
12-10-2007, 07:27 AM
it should be noted that;

THE PACKERS EASILY WON THE DIVISION THIS YEAR!

lod01
12-10-2007, 07:32 AM
it should be noted that;

:) Yes. E-A-S-I-L-Y. Easily.

TitleTown088
12-10-2007, 08:41 AM
it should be noted that;

And to think I remember you saying the Packers would suck this year Drowe.....You need some faith.

drowe
12-10-2007, 09:19 AM
And to think I remember you saying the Packers would suck this year Drowe.....You need some faith.

well yeah. seriously, we had no offense and did nothing in the offseason.

i'm happy to be wrong.

Whistler6
12-10-2007, 10:38 AM
It is way, wayyyy to early to look ahead.. But in the playoffs and possibly Superbowl we have some problems to think about. if we get matched up again against the Cowboys, Colts, Patriots, etc...Our Secondary can be exploited again. We play AWESOME defense against these teams that can't pass the ball. But passing offenses that can also run the ball will show our weaknesses. What do you guy/girls think? Will Blackmon or Williams step up? Or are we going to keep Jarret Bush in there (He was noticably burnt deep on an overthrow yesterday)

Football Fan
12-10-2007, 11:02 AM
It is way, wayyyy to early to look ahead.. But in the playoffs and possibly Superbowl we have some problems to think about. if we get matched up again against the Cowboys, Colts, Patriots, etc...Our Secondary can be exploited again. We play AWESOME defense against these teams that can't pass the ball. But passing offenses that can also run the ball will show our weaknesses. What do you guy/girls think? Will Blackmon or Williams step up? Or are we going to keep Jarret Bush in there (He was noticably burnt deep on an overthrow yesterday)I think we need to be concerned more about the packers beating the team that they will face before the nfc championship game first. The cowboys or afc superbowl team are going to have to wait. Tampa doesnt really scare me much, but facing Seattle, Giants or having to beat minnesota 3x in the same season does. Although, I think the packers should be able to handle the vikings they still worry me some.

Favre4ever
12-10-2007, 11:38 AM
It is way, wayyyy to early to look ahead.. But in the playoffs and possibly Superbowl we have some problems to think about. if we get matched up again against the Cowboys, Colts, Patriots, etc...Our Secondary can be exploited again. We play AWESOME defense against these teams that can't pass the ball. But passing offenses that can also run the ball will show our weaknesses. What do you guy/girls think? Will Blackmon or Williams step up? Or are we going to keep Jarret Bush in there (He was noticably burnt deep on an overthrow yesterday)

With Woodson in, a more confident Collins, Jarrett Bush-less, healthier KGB, more experienced Harell (who looked very good) we should be ok. Blackmon has very good upside and Tramon does a great job as a nickel. The only one who concerns me in coverage is Bigby, unless he drastically gets better in the last 3 games he will be a problem. He reacts more than he reads plays, thats why hes always late or gets many interference calls.

I dont like Bigby in coverage but i think we havent used him properly this year. Hes a very good blitzer, hits very hard, very agressive and excellent against the run. His style compares to a degree to Bob Sanders. I know its not the same scheme or defense but to maximize his strentghs we should move him around a little bit more cuz coverage is not his strentgh at all.

RockJock07
12-10-2007, 12:16 PM
I think we need to be concerned more about the packers beating the team that they will face before the nfc championship game first. The cowboys or afc superbowl team are going to have to wait. Tampa doesnt really scare me much, but facing Seattle, Giants or having to beat minnesota 3x in the same season does. Although, I think the packers should be able to handle the vikings they still worry me some.

I think the team that is the hottest right now is Seattle. Hasselbeck has been down right sick, granted, they play in an awful division but nevertheless, they are hot. The Giants have been overrated from the start of this season, TC is one of the worst HC's in the league. His lacks control and his teams commit to many mental mistakes. Tampa is just bad.

Some good news is that Dallas looked beatable and had the packers had Woodson and KGB in the game would have been closer, the pack probably still lose, but it's important to have your best players on the field in your biggest games.

So after next week, if we win, does MM rest some guys against the bears and lions or does he play all the starters for a half. I think this would be a good time to let brandon Jackson, Harrell, Nall/Rodgers get some playing time.

drowe
12-10-2007, 12:17 PM
yeah, assuming the Packers get a first round bye, the team that scares me the most is the Minnesota Vikings, which, if they make the playoffs will be the 6th seed...so, in that regard, maybe losing to Dallas was a blessing in disguise because the team that may be playing the best right now is the one team the Packers would have no chance of facing.

Regarding the Vikings
their Running offense and running defense is obviously good...but now Jackson is stepping up big time, Sidney Rice is looking like a draft day steal and the defense in general just makes plays. in the last few weeks they have started to look like a complete team...and Dallas can have 'em.

drowe
12-10-2007, 12:23 PM
So after next week, if we win, does MM rest some guys against the bears and lions or does he play all the starters for a half. I think this would be a good time to let brandon Jackson, Harrell, Nall/Rodgers get some playing time.

i think so.
-ya really can't overstate the value of going into the playoffs healthy. we saw first hand how lost the entire secondary looked without charles woodson. really can't afford another situation like that in the playoffs.

-the youth on this team is just mind blowing. we still haven't gotten a good look at guys like Harrell and Blackmon and Underwood...and it'd be good to have a final audition for guys like Brandon Jackson. could really give us a good picture of what kind of talent we have going into the off season.

drowe
12-10-2007, 12:30 PM
It is way, wayyyy to early to look ahead..

i don't think it is....i'd be very surprised if the seedings don't look exactly as they are today

1-Dallas
2-Green Bay

6-Minnesota @ 3-Seattle
5-Giants @ 4-Tampa Bay

no reason we can't start talkin' playoffs.

Whistler6
12-10-2007, 12:56 PM
The one and only team I'm scared about in the NFC is Dallas.

We can make every other team one dimensional.. That is one of our best D strengths.. Tampa, NYG, Vikings are all teams we could control. Seattle is pretty solid all around and we would match up well against them.

sweetness34
12-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Congrats on the division. But you still suck. ;)

Sportsfan486
12-10-2007, 01:30 PM

Once we're locked into the 2nd bye spot, I think you have to rest anyone with injuries and only play the rest of the starters for a half or even just a quarter.

You saw what happened against Dallas when we were banged up, we can't afford an injury to one of our corners, especially, going into the post season. Our defense revolves around Harris and Woodson, without one of them in we're far less lethal.

However, you also want the team to stay sharp and they will have that extra week to rest/heal up.. so.. I dunno, we'll see what happens.

Whistler6
12-10-2007, 02:19 PM
So what happens to Brett's streak? If we are in week 17 and are locked in the number 2 spot, is there any chance at all Favre doesn't start? I highly, highly doubt MM would do that to Favre...He's not Parcells who I believe did that to Eddie George? Or am I thinking of a different situation

jackalope
12-10-2007, 02:31 PM
So what happens to Brett's streak? If we are in week 17 and are locked in the number 2 spot, is there any chance at all Favre doesn't start? I highly, highly doubt MM would do that to Favre...He's not Parcells who I believe did that to Eddie George? Or am I thinking of a different situationNo way they wouldn't start Favre. They might sit him after a drive, or the 1st quarter or something, but they won't end his streak.

GB12
12-10-2007, 03:29 PM
yeah, assuming the Packers get a first round bye, the team that scares me the most is the Minnesota Vikings, which, if they make the playoffs will be the 6th seed...so, in that regard, maybe losing to Dallas was a blessing in disguise because the team that may be playing the best right now is the one team the Packers would have no chance of facing.

Regarding the Vikings
their Running offense and running defense is obviously good...but now Jackson is stepping up big time, Sidney Rice is looking like a draft day steal and the defense in general just makes plays. in the last few weeks they have started to look like a complete team...and Dallas can have 'em.
I think you're confused. As long as we stay the #2 seed we get the winner of the 3/6 game.

drowe
12-10-2007, 03:39 PM
I think you're confused. As long as we stay the #2 seed we get the winner of the 3/6 game.

not true. as the #2 seed we play the highest seeded remaining team from the wild card round.

GB12
12-10-2007, 03:45 PM
not true. as the #2 seed we play the highest seeded remaining team from the wild card round.
I guess I'm the one confused. I forgot that the NFL reseeds.

TitleTown088
12-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Wait, someone is scared of a team led by T. jackson, In the playoffs? IF we played them is would be at home with the cold, correct? A. The only thing to worry about if the Packers played minny in the playoffs would be the run game. Either way, we would still kill em.

jackalope
12-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Wait, someone is scared of a team led by T. jackson, In the playoffs?Yeah, I'm not worried about possibly facing Minnesota. They may be hot right now, but keep in mind we beat them 34-0 the last time we played them.

RockJock07
12-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Wait, someone is scared of a team led by T. jackson, In the playoffs? IF we played them is would be at home with the cold, correct? A. The only thing to worry about if the Packers played minny in the playoffs would be the run game. Either way, we would still kill em.

Minnesota can run very well, and stop the run. However, with that said, Ryan Grant tore them a new one in the game at GB this year. The Pack shut down AP for most of the game in GB but had troubles with him in the homer dome.

Yes Minnesota is good agasint the run, but they are awful defending the pass, which happens to be our strength. Tavaras has been much better of late, but still is very inconsistant. If we had to play them in MN, i'd be a bit worried but I don't think they could come into GB and win a playoff game.

I could definatly see Seattle coming into GB and stealing one on a last second FG if we had to play them. I think the packers could beat them but the thought of a game with them just worries me right now.

On another note, who will be the Ram's starting QB this week? Will it be Brock Berlin or Bulger?

lod01
12-11-2007, 12:40 PM

Yeah really. All I hear right now is watch out for Minnesota? Why? They blow. Who can't beat up the Giants, Raiders, SF and Detroit????? Eli fed them a win. The Raiders suck. SF puts an embarrassing product on the field and Martz is the most over-rated, living off of 3 HOF players, no ability to adapt, OC in the history of the NFL.

Favre4ever
12-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Minny is only tough to beat when they have the lead. Jackson would never be able to muster a 4th quarter comeback. I know hes been player better lately but he still doesnt scare anyone.

TitleTown088
12-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Minnesota can run very well, and stop the run. However, with that said, Ryan Grant tore them a new one in the game at GB this year. The Pack shut down AP for most of the game in GB but had troubles with him in the homer dome.

Yes Minnesota is good agasint the run, but they are awful defending the pass, which happens to be our strength. Tavaras has been much better of late, but still is very inconsistant. If we had to play them in MN, i'd be a bit worried but I don't think they could come into GB and win a playoff game.

Yeah exactly. If all we have to worry about if Minny's running game( as good as it may be the packers still have an excellent front 7) I am confident the packers can stop em. T jack at lambeau in the cold? ha I SCOFF at the concept of them coming out with a W should the pack face them.

Hawk
12-11-2007, 02:29 PM
lol look at this mock draft.....rashard mendenhall?!?! "the packers want a well developed feature back to balance this offense"

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=749667

VoteLynnSwan
12-11-2007, 02:31 PM
that mock is bad, but lets not be in any rush here to crown Ryan Grant the second coming. He's shown that he's more than capable, but let him play a full season at a consistently high level before you act as if taking a runningback is insane. That being said, runningback appears to be pretty low on the priorities list.

Hawk
12-11-2007, 02:37 PM
that mock is bad, but lets not be in any rush here to crown Ryan Grant the second coming. He's shown that he's more than capable, but let him play a full season at a consistently high level before you act as if taking a runningback is insane. That being said, runningback appears to be pretty low on the priorities list.

I think taking a RB in rd 1 is insane. we took jackson in the 2nd last year, wynn showed that he could be productive, and then grant burst onto the scene.

princefielder28
12-11-2007, 02:37 PM

Corner obviously needs to be addressed and that mock fails to do so

Twiddler
12-11-2007, 04:37 PM

Very true, anything can happen and that includes him turning into a bust. I'm liking our odds right now but anything can happen. But yes, like pf28 said, CB is our top priority as of now and we should take advantage of a strong class.

ny10804
12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I really hope Johnny Jolly is able to come back for the playoffs. He was the perfect complement for Pickett on running downs. It was expected that we would put him on the IR, but we haven't yet. I suspect we'll get an update tomorrow from MM. He was having a fine year, and we could really use him down the stretch.

If he can't, Harrell will have to have a big role in our defense. I like Harrell if this is the case, but he (and everyone on the DL) is better fresh.

ny10804
12-11-2007, 07:40 PM
I really hope Johnny Jolly is able to come back for the playoffs. He was the perfect complement for Pickett on running downs. It was expected that we would put him on the IR, but we haven't yet. I suspect we'll get an update tomorrow from MM. He was having a fine year, and we could really use him down the stretch.

If he can't, Harrell will have to have a big role in our defense. I like Harrell if this is the case, but he (and everyone on the DL) is better fresh.

God damn it.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/12/11/jolly-placed-on-ir.aspx

Jolly placed on IR

By Greg A. Bedard

Tuesday, Dec 11 2007, 06:45 PM

Green Bay - As expected, the Packers placed defensive tackle Johnny Jolly on injured reserve this evening.
The team has not yet signed another player to take his place on the 53-man roster.
Jolly, 24, had started seven of the Packers' first 10 games at right defensive tackle before hurting his shoulder in the Nov. 18 victory over Carolina. An MRI last week came back "not good" according to coach Mike McCarthy.
Also, the Packers signed defensive tackle Alfred Malone to the practice squad and released tight end James Adkisson.
Malone (6-4, 30 spent the 2005-06 seasons with the Houston Texans after playing collegiately at Troy. He appeared in four games and totaled 13 tackles.

Maybe we can get Sam Adams to replace him? Probably not.

GB12
12-11-2007, 11:48 PM
The 3 new members of the Packers Hall of Fame are:

http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10301/Gilbert_Brown_Clapping_GB.jpg
Gilbert Brown

http://images.packers.com/images/action/winters_frank2.jpg
Frank Winters

http://images.packers.com/images/action/treml_hof150.jpg
Al Treml

The Legend
12-12-2007, 07:46 AM
The 3 new members of the Packers Hall of Fame are:

http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10301/Gilbert_Brown_Clapping_GB.jpg
Gilbert Brown

glad to see the Grave Digger go into the packers hall of fame

Also Charles Woodson & Brett Favre made the ProBowl

TitleTown088
12-12-2007, 09:17 AM
God damn it.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/12/11/jolly-placed-on-ir.aspx

Maybe we can get Sam Adams to replace him? Probably not.
Harrel will do just fine, don't worry. This is where the brilliance of Ted will show up.

Whistler6
12-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Justin Harrel..unless he turns out to be a top 10 DT in the league I will always be disappointed of that pick. I am way wayy biased and my reasoning is ridiculous, but that's my feeling

On another topic...If anyone on here hasn't read Brett's Sportsman of the Year in SI yet, you NEED NEED NEED to. It is simply amazing

Empire
12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
I think taking a RB in rd 1 is insane. we took jackson in the 2nd last year, wynn showed that he could be productive, and then grant burst onto the scene.

Unless Ted Thompson and the coaching staff still has faith in Brandan Jackson, I would not mind the Packers taking another running back in the 2-4 rounds. Ryan Grant is great, but I worry about his running style. Guys that run the way he does tend to get injured quite a bit more, and I feel it's only a matter of time before Grant gets hurt. Plus it would be nice to keep him fresh over the course of a season with a two back system.

johbur
12-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Harrell has a shot to show something in the playoffs and transform from a bust to a boon. Without Jolly and Williams getting broken, he would have been an atrocious pick for this year.

Juice has taken a couple years to get going, but he was a 5th rounder. When you're an R1, you need to contribute sooner than later.

cheesehead10790
12-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Kinda off topic but I need some help here if you guys can please.

Alright so Im trying to get to Green Bay for the playoffs. Basically I want to buy tickets and airfare now. I live in California so buying airfare now is sort of risky so Im trying to figure this out to do it so I dont throw away $600.

Assuming Green Bay wins and Seattle loses this week and we get the first round bye, is it guna be on that saturday (12th) or Sunday the 13th? And are game times slotted yet?

Anyone's opinions on the playoff scenarios you can think of would be really helpful. Thanks.

JF4
12-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Kinda off topic but I need some help here if you guys can please.

Alright so Im trying to get to Green Bay for the playoffs. Basically I want to buy tickets and airfare now. I live in California so buying airfare now is sort of risky so Im trying to figure this out to do it so I dont throw away $600.

Assuming Green Bay wins and Seattle loses this week and we get the first round bye, is it guna be on that saturday (12th) or Sunday the 13th? And are game times slotted yet?

Anyone's opinions on the playoff scenarios you can think of would be really helpful. Thanks.

Good luck getting tickets.

cheesehead10790
12-12-2007, 08:47 PM
The tickets actually arn't the problem. I found a site where the cheapest are about 300 apiece but thats not too bad, i need help figuring out the rest of it.

jackalope
12-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Green Bay claimed DT Conrad Bolston off waivers.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/12/12/3/

neko4
12-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Sweet UMD Rookie

The Legend
12-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Green Bay claimed DT Conrad Bolston off waivers.

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/12/12/3/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2007/draft/players/5116.html

BIOGRAPHY: Three-year starter who compiled 35/3.5/1.5 as a senior after 38/5.5/5 as a junior.

POSITIVES: Quick, penetrating tackle who goes hard after ball carriers. Explodes off the snap, wedges between blockers and has a burst of closing speed. Works his hands to protect himself, redirects to the action and wraps up at the point. Improved his reads.

NEGATIVES: Too often controlled at the point and slow shedding blocks. Marginal skills rushing the passer.

ANALYSIS: Flashing skills the past three years, Bolston has the size and strength to be a two-gap lineman. Must learn to play at a consistently high level to make a roster.

Whistler6
12-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey did anyone see Barnett's interview on Jim Rome is Burning the other day? Most of the interview consister of him talking about how he got poked in the eye by a Raider's O Lineman. Did anyone see the guy do it? He also said he hopes the league does something about it because he KNOWS it was on purpose and as bad as a punch.. I didn't know anything about this. What's up???

princefielder28
12-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey did anyone see Barnett's interview on Jim Rome is Burning the other day? Most of the interview consister of him talking about how he got poked in the eye by a Raider's O Lineman. Did anyone see the guy do it? He also said he hopes the league does something about it because he KNOWS it was on purpose and as bad as a punch.. I didn't know anything about this. What's up???

I didn't see Barnett's interview and during the game I assumed that it was accidental, but if it was purposeful then that guy is just a piece of ****

jackalope
12-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Something that no one's brought up on here is the benching of Colledge. What does everyone make of this? Is Colledge still gonna be our guard next year, is Coston our guard of the future, or do we draft one this offseason?

princefielder28
12-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Something that no one's brought up on here is the benching of Colledge. What does everyone make of this? Is Colledge still gonna be our guard next year, is Coston our guard of the future, or do we draft one this offseason?

I think the Packers best bet may be to try and see if he can be the replacement to Clifton at LT

The Legend
12-15-2007, 04:32 PM

To be honest im not crazy about Colledge or Spitz or Coston, here are some zone blocking prospects. Heath Benedict is my favriot him and Allen Barbre would make a great pair of guards

another note about Benedict when he was 332 pounds he ran a 4.92 now at 320 i think he could a 4.8

Heath Benedict has been named to the Associated Press All-American First Team

The Jacksonville Jaguars actually gave him an "unofficial" workout after the 2006 season, thinking he was going to enter the 2007 NFL Draft. He weighed in at 6' 5.5" 332 pounds and ran a 4.92 forty yard dash. His arms were measured at 34" and he scored a 31 on the Wonderlic test. He also benched 225 pounds 28 times. Benedict also has a 435 pound bench, 625 pound squat, and power clean of 330 pounds. Don't worry, the workout will not effect his eligibility as no money or favors were discussed or given, and he has never negotiated with an agent.

his coach said he ran a 4.62 when he was below 300 pounds, rivals.com has him listed at 4.82

Zone Blocking Prospects (Top 10)

Tony Hills, Texas
Height: 6-6. Weight: 300.
Projected Round: 2.

Heath Benedict, Newberry
Height: 6-6. Weight: 320.
Projected Round: 2.

Chad Rinehart, Northern Iowa
Height: 6-5. Weight: 310.
Projected Round: 3.

Adam Kraus, Michigan
Projected Round: 4

Kirk Elder, Texas A&M
Height: 6-5. Weight: 310.
Projected Round: 4.

Duane Brown, Virginia Tech
Height: 6-5. Weight: 290.
Projected Round: 4.

Brandon Rodd, Arizona State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 300.
Projected Round: 5.

Pedro Sosa, Rutgers
Height: 6-5. Weight: 290.
Projected Round: 5.

Jeremy Zuttah, Rutgers
Height: 6-4. Weight: 290.
Projected Round: 6.

Phil Trautwein, Florida
Projected Round: 7.

Whistler6
12-15-2007, 07:58 PM
I didn't see Barnett's interview and during the game I assumed that it was accidental, but if it was purposeful then that guy is just a piece of ****

I wish I has a link, but he said the guy simply walked up an poked him in the face. This is a pretty big deal, and Barnett sure was pissed!

Boston
12-15-2007, 09:56 PM
The NFL fined defensive end Cullen Jenkins $10,000 for his block on Oakland quarterback Josh McCown during an interception return last week on which Jenkins was penalized 15 yards, an NFL spokesman said.

It's sad when a player can't even block a QB without getting fined.

jackalope
12-15-2007, 10:05 PM
It's sad when a player can't even block a QB without getting fined.

I can't believe he got fined for that. It shouldn't even have been a penalty. When they made the call on Jenkins the camera cut to him and you could hear him yell "I blocked him!". He was obviously very upset with the call.

Boston
12-16-2007, 06:24 PM
God damn Lions....

GB12
12-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Ugh. If Detroit could have just held on last week we'd be in control of home field advantage.

ny10804
12-16-2007, 06:38 PM
We need two wins (@CHI and DET) and one Dallas loss (@CAR and @WASH). Carolina was able to beat SEA, so who knows. But my guess is we'll all be paying close attention to the Skins game.

GB12
12-16-2007, 06:46 PM
It sucks that the Carolina game is on NFLN.

ny10804
12-16-2007, 07:59 PM
It sucks that the Carolina game is on NFLN.

Think of it as one less day for Romo's thumb, Canty and Gurode's knees, and Watkins's ankle to heal . But seriously, Dallas will probably be without a couple of those guys, and we could capitalize in a big way.

GB12
12-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Did anyone notice Korey Hall got injured in the first half and never returned to the game

Football Fan
12-16-2007, 09:36 PM
If washington holds on for the win they will be taking the dallas game very seriously.

The Legend
12-17-2007, 11:23 AM
If washington holds on for the win they will be taking the dallas game very seriously.

not only that if the vikings lose today that will be huge because the redskins will vs them next week, and that would mean the cowboys game will tell them if they make the playoffs or not

umphrey
12-17-2007, 12:03 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80524676

Awesome play at :50...Jennings blocks 4 guys for Driver to go 25 yards.

JF4
12-17-2007, 12:52 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80524676

Awesome play at :50...Jennings blocks 4 guys for Driver to go 25 yards.

Definately my favourite play of the game. Amazing individual efforts by Driver and Jennings.

I'm not sure if Favre made the call at the line but that play wouldn't have worked if the man on top of Driver didn't blitz.

RockJock07
12-17-2007, 02:01 PM
I think Dallas got exposed yesterday. Even the pats didn't put as much pressure on Romo as Philly did. I think besides Romo injury, the biggest injury that Dallas suffered yesterday was Gurode's knee. He is the anchor of that line and if he can't play for the rest of the season then that is a major blow because their o-line has just dominated people all season.

On the packers side of things they just got outplayed in the first half but recovered nicely in the 2nd half to put away a bad Ram team. Brett was a little shaky with his throws, the pick at the end of the 1st half was an awful throw, not really sure where he was trying to go with the ball.

So looking ahead I think the pack win out. They always seem to play well in Chicago and then detroit is awful. I think Dallas has a good chance to lose one of their games especially because both are on the road.

GB12
12-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Roy Williams suspended for Saturday's game...

Sportsfan486
12-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Roy Williams suspended for Saturday's game...

But..it's Carolina.. woulda been nice if that happened before the 'skins game instead. Carolina should be a VERY easy win for Dallas.

princefielder28
12-17-2007, 08:30 PM
But..it's Carolina.. woulda been nice if that happened before the 'skins game instead. Carolina should be a VERY easy win for Dallas.

Carolina did beat the Seahawks

Sportsfan486
12-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Carolina did beat the Seahawks

Yes, but people forget that uh.. the Seahawks are rather atrocious, also, but happen to be in a lousy division.

Anything can happen but I dunno, I don't see Dallas coming off an ugly loss with another loss that potentially loses homefield advantage for 'em.

princefielder28
12-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Yes, but people forget that uh.. the Seahawks are rather atrocious, also, but happen to be in a lousy division.

Anything can happen but I dunno, I don't see Dallas coming off an ugly loss with another loss that potentially loses homefield advantage for 'em.

Dallas struggled against Detroit on the road the week before and they'll be without Roy Williams. Tony Romo is banged up and it has yet to be determined if he can be effective throwing the football.

Whistler6
12-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Dallas struggled against Detroit on the road the week before and they'll be without Roy Williams. Tony Romo is banged up and it has yet to be determined if he can be effective throwing the football.

Dallas could play 9 men on defense and they would still beat up Carolina..You forget that Carolina doesn't have a QB or ANY offense for that matter.

The only thing I look at and can say hey maybe they can win..Is the fact that Carolina is a running team and with Williams being their primary saftey run-stopper, Carolina could expose that area a bit. Either way though I see Dallas something like 24-7

let's hope for an upset!!!

Sportsfan486
12-18-2007, 01:13 PM

Don't get me wrong.. I've got my fingers crossed but living in NC I can tell you this Panthers team is worse than it's record. It's really, really awful and I don't seem them pulling off two upsets in a row (not to mention just two wins.)

The Legend
12-18-2007, 01:44 PM
just wondering what you guys think about Noah Herron i think i would perfer him as the number 2 RB next year over Wynn,Morency,Jackson

Nitschke-Hawk
12-18-2007, 02:21 PM
I hope Noah is still on the team next year. He's one of those guys that does just about everything well but doesn't have the athletic ability some guys have. I think he's the 2nd best RB on our roster.

GB12
12-18-2007, 06:19 PM
I like Herron, but he is not the second best RB on the team. Wynn and Morency are ahead of him at this point. If he makes next years roster it's because he edged out Morency and will be the 3/4 RB. Like you said he doesn't have the atheletic ability, which hurts him a lot. If he had say Morency or Jackson's ability he'd be a fine RB, but he just doesn't.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-18-2007, 07:21 PM
I think Herron is better than both of them. Morency has just caught a few passes, I like his moves on those. Wynn can't stay healthy, I like him too. Herron is a more well rounded back than both and has carried the full load when necessary, been a 3rd down back, 2nd stringer, 3rd stringer.

The Legend
12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
I think Herron is better than both of them. Morency has just caught a few passes, I like his moves on those. Wynn can't stay healthy, I like him too. Herron is a more well rounded back than both and has carried the full load when necessary, been a 3rd down back, 2nd stringer, 3rd stringer.

and i still have hope for him at FB in our system like Mike Bell

GB12
12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Who, Noah Herron? If so, Hahahahaha.

The Legend
12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Who, Noah Herron? If so, Hahahahaha.

far dream but still wishing :)

ny10804
12-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Has anyone else heard Justin Harrell give interviews?

I swear, he says "like I said" every other sentence, even if it is obvious he couldn't possibly have said the same thing before.

[in response to if the Bears-Packers rivalry is similar to that of Florida-Tennessee]
"Like I said, it's very similar like I said."

Now like I said, the man should, you know, quit the habit. 'Cause like I said, it would be helpful to him.

26 times in a 4:01 long interview.

ImBrotherCain
12-19-2007, 07:51 PM

If anyone it would be Wynn but i dont think that Herron is suited for that

GB12
12-19-2007, 07:58 PM
If anyone it would be Wynn but i dont think that Herron is suited for that

I don't understand why we'd move anyone to FB. Korey Hall and John Kuhn have played very well this season.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Has anyone else heard Justin Harrell give interviews?

I swear, he says "like I said" every other sentence, even if it is obvious he couldn't possibly have said the same thing before.

[in response to if the Bears-Packers rivalry is similar to that of Florida-Tennessee]
"Like I said, it's very similar like I said."

Now like I said, the man should, you know, quit the habit. 'Cause like I said, it would be helpful to him.

26 times in a 4:01 long interview.

Hahaha. I think you and me are the only ones that watch those interviews... and notice it. I believe he says "like I say". Kinda like "that's my motto" or something. But yeah it's excessive and most rookies aren't good interviews for one reason or another. I wonder what he said at the combine when he met with teams.

Sportsfan486
12-19-2007, 09:15 PM
But yeah it's excessive and most rookies aren't good interviews for one reason or another.

How would you feel if for the first time in your life people wanted you to answer unknown questions into a camera for millions of people on the drop of a dime?

They ARE human and young at that.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-19-2007, 09:29 PM
How would you feel if for the first time in your life people wanted you to answer unknown questions into a camera for millions of people on the drop of a dime?

They ARE human and young at that.

That's basically what I'm saying.

And I like Harrell. At Training Camp a little kid came up to him he hopped on the bike and looked right in the kid's face while he listened to what he said. And this was a pretty young kid. Definitely a good guy and I hope he proves all the doubters wrong.

andyjo672
12-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I have a quick question for you guys...is your team as strong as your record indicates? I have been completely blown away by what the Packers have done this year, the year that Favre is having, the way some of your young guys have developed (Jennings, Hawk, etc.) but is this something you'll be able to carry into the future?

Your team seems to be playing extremely inspired football, a lot like the Saints last year, do you see your team possibly having a let down next year?

I'm just curious because, obviously as a Vikings fan, I would prefer that you guys fall off a little bit and at least let it be a two team race next year (you AND us) but I just haven't watched enough of them this year to gauge if you'll be able to ride this out...

I'm not here trying to start trouble, just curious on what some of your thoughts were...

ImBrotherCain
12-19-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't understand why we'd move anyone to FB. Korey Hall and John Kuhn have played very well this season.

Oh i agree totally i was just saying if any of our HB would fit as a FB it would be Wynn

Twiddler
12-20-2007, 12:03 AM
I have a quick question for you guys...is your team as strong as your record indicates? I have been completely blown away by what the Packers have done this year, the year that Favre is having, the way some of your young guys have developed (Jennings, Hawk, etc.) but is this something you'll be able to carry into the future?

Your team seems to be playing extremely inspired football, a lot like the Saints last year, do you see your team possibly having a let down next year?

I'm just curious because, obviously as a Vikings fan, I would prefer that you guys fall off a little bit and at least let it be a two team race next year (you AND us) but I just haven't watched enough of them this year to gauge if you'll be able to ride this out...

I'm not here trying to start trouble, just curious on what some of your thoughts were...

I think there is a possibility of a letdown but only at a few different positions. One being CB, if Harris or Woodson ever start showing signs of age it could really hurt us and our safeties aren't exactly playing great this year. However, LB, DL, OL, WR, and even RB are young and talented with a lot of potential improvement in the future. I doubt next year is a two loss season (just looking at so far, not gonna make predictions) however I think four or five losses is a very reasonable estimate. A lot of things have fallen our way this year which has guided us to our 12-2 record but at the same time it took a lot of talent and good coaching.

Sportsfan486
12-20-2007, 01:25 AM
I think there is a possibility of a letdown but only at a few different positions. One being CB, if Harris or Woodson ever start showing signs of age it could really hurt us and our safeties aren't exactly playing great this year. However, LB, DL, OL, WR, and even RB are young and talented with a lot of potential improvement in the future. I doubt next year is a two loss season (just looking at so far, not gonna make predictions) however I think four or five losses is a very reasonable estimate. A lot of things have fallen our way this year which has guided us to our 12-2 record but at the same time it took a lot of talent and good coaching.

Pretty much as he said.

We're set at QB (even if Favre retires we have hope in Rodgers, although that's at least another 2-3 losses), RB, WR, OL, TE, DL, LB. CB has the concern of age and depth but assuming Harris and Woodson keep it up we're more than set there. Safety we need more consistency and to find the right starter combination, but we should be set there.

This shouldn't be a let down team.. we've got a LOT of talent, especially at the areas you really want it (DL on defense and QB/RB on offense.) We have a very tough defense that should be one of the league's best next year if you don't already consider it so. We have an offense that suddenly has a great running game and an amazing passing game.

The Saints were a team that really overachieved last year and got beat up with injuries and such. Plus, keep in mind, they only finished 10-6 last year.. they didn't drop off THAT MUCH. They could end up losing one more game.

For the Packers it's not so much that we're overachieving but living up to potential most people didn't think we'd reach. Plus we're on pace to finish 14-2. Even if we drop the 2-3 games NO did, that's still 11-5/12-4.

To answer the question, we should definitely be one of the league's top teams next year and our youth gives us the potential to continue that trend for a while, although in the future our corners and QB become concerns.

Favre4ever
12-20-2007, 07:20 AM
The way our offense is made i dont think we'll have such of a "let down" next year. I dont want to take anything away from Favre this year (hes my favorite player anyways) but the receivers did most of the work. He himself admitted that he hasnt done anything special (just put the ball in their hands) this year and his receivers should have a lot of credit for his success this year.

Once Rodgers comes in, he will easily do the same thing, plus he can make plays with his feet. Hes a very very smart QB. Weve seen it against Dallas in a very tough situation.

princefielder28
12-20-2007, 11:21 AM
The way our offense is made i dont think we'll have such of a "let down" next year. I dont want to take anything away from Favre this year (hes my favorite player anyways) but the receivers did most of the work. He himself admitted that he hasnt done anything special (just put the ball in their hands) this year and his receivers should have a lot of credit for his success this year.

Once Rodgers comes in, he will easily do the same thing, plus he can make plays with his feet. Hes a very very smart QB. Weve seen it against Dallas in a very tough situation.

I agree 100%. When Favre does retire and Rodgers takes over the offense won't change too much. The only thing that Favre does better than Rodgers, as far as the offense goes, is throw the deep ball, but Aaron will get more comfortable with receivers on those routes as he plays more.