PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

Twiddler
12-20-2007, 11:28 AM
I agree 100%. When Favre does retire and Rodgers takes over the offense won't change too much. The only thing that Favre does better than Rodgers, as far as the offense goes, is throw the deep ball, but Aaron will get more comfortable with receivers on those routes as he plays more.

I think that Aaron won't have the type of season that we are all wishing he will have once he comes in. Granted, it will still be a good season but it won't be great. He has to still learn how to deal with all of the different looks NFL defenses throw at him and the only thing that can teach him that is experience in real games, something he barely has at all. But besides all of that, I believe he is prepared to lead this team as he ever has been and will make a good QB.

ImBrotherCain
12-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Just a question for you guys. Looking back on this past draft; if things had fallen the way they were projected we would have gotten Lynch. So looking back on it would you rather have Lynch or Grant?

Personally being less than 100 miles away from buffalo i love how Lynch runs so i think i would have taken him.

Favre4ever
12-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Just a question for you guys. Looking back on this past draft; if things had fallen the way they were projected we would have gotten Lynch. So looking back on it would you rather have Lynch or Grant?

Personally being less than 100 miles away from buffalo i love how Lynch runs so i think i would have taken him.

Lynch by a mile.

drowe
12-20-2007, 01:23 PM
yeah, it has to be Lynch. i'd be a lot more comfortable with a young first rounder as our future at RB...plus, he looks like the real deal.

jackalope
12-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Even with Grant's great play, I would easily take Lynch.

Twiddler
12-20-2007, 02:04 PM
yeah, it has to be Lynch. i'd be a lot more comfortable with a young first rounder as our future at RB...plus, he looks like the real deal.

Yeah, I would also be more comfortable. But I have enough confidence in Grant at this point that its not a huge worry.

The Legend
12-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Harrell May Start

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/packers/263105

princefielder28
12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Harrell May Start

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/packers/263105

good opportunity against a bad football team

The Legend
12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
also just wondering if you guys would like to sign Fred Taylor, i think he and Grant would make a good dou

Twiddler
12-20-2007, 06:53 PM
also just wondering if you guys would like to sign Fred Taylor, i think he and Grant would make a good dou

I have a huge amount of respect for Taylor but if we are going to get a RB to bring in I think I would like something younger and less injury prone than Taylor has been in the past.

Football Fan
12-21-2007, 02:01 AM
Just my opinion but I highly doubt there isnt much of a drop off at the quarterback position when favre retires. I mean for christ sakes Favre would likely be getting his fourth mvp this season if Brady wasnt putting up absolutely incredible numbers, best of 100 years of nfl quarterbacks(45 touchdowns, 6 ints., 4200 yards with 2 games to play) and favre still has shown very little sign of aging. His leadership and experience is second to none. It could be argued that this is his best year yet, though I personally wouldnt go that far. Im going to have to wait for rodgers to get his first mvp before I could even begin to think that the quarterback position in greenbay is about the same "no real drop off'" once favre retires.
That said the pack is going to be in a lot better shape than most teams that have lost there franchise quarterback. Having a first round draft pick with 5 years of pro football grooming isnt a luxury many teams have.

Twiddler
12-21-2007, 06:30 AM
Just my opinion but I highly doubt there isnt much of a drop off at the quarterback position when favre retires. I mean for christ sakes Favre would likely be getting his fourth mvp this season if Brady wasnt putting up absolutely incredible numbers, best of 100 years of nfl quarterbacks(45 touchdowns, 6 ints., 4200 yards with 2 games to play) and favre still has shown very little sign of aging. His leadership and experience is second to none. It could be argued that this is his best year yet, though I personally wouldnt go that far. Im going to have to wait for rodgers to get his first mvp before I could even begin to think that the quarterback position in greenbay is about the same "no real drop off'" once favre retires.
That said the pack is going to be in a lot better shape than most teams that have lost there franchise quarterback. Having a first round draft pick with 5 years of pro football grooming isnt a luxury many teams have.

This is just me but I think that its a little early to be talking about Rodgers and MVP's, let along multiple MVP's.

Football Fan
12-21-2007, 10:09 AM
This is just me but I think that its a little early to be talking about Rodgers and MVP's, let along multiple MVP's.
Exactly my point. There is most certainly going to be a drop off. I think people are just tired of the same old ferrari at quarterback and are getting anxious to check out that brand new volkswagon thats been in the garage.
I mean everyone wants to drive a different car after a while but the ferrari wont still be in the garage waiting for you after driving the volkswagon, while it was fun and different but just not the same.

The Legend
12-21-2007, 04:43 PM
i dont know if he will ever be a muti-time mvp look at brady hes even not

Football Fan
12-21-2007, 10:44 PM
i dont know if he will ever be a muti-time mvp look at brady hes even not
Im just hoping for him to be good, anything more than that will be a bonus.

Whistler6
12-22-2007, 01:19 AM

BOTH..Grant for 4...Lynch for 5...Grant for 3...Lynch for 45 and a TD. BANG

cordscords
12-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Anybody know who becomes a FA after the season? KFFL's list is wrong. I know Corey Williams is, but if anybody knows who becoms an UFA or RFA I would appreciate it.

johbur
12-22-2007, 11:41 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else want the Dallas playoff game to be next week? Dallas is playing like junk. They squeak by the Lions, lose to the Eagles and if Carolina weren't on their 4th QB, they look like they would have given tonight's game away after TO goes out.
GB meanwhile, since losing to Dallas, has produced a 38-7 trouncing of the Raiders and a 33-14 smackdown on the Rams.

Not that beating the Bears ever needs extra incentive, but winning puts more pressure on Dallas to not sit guys they want to get healthy, which could be a slim advantage if we see them again.

Football Fan
12-23-2007, 03:15 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else want the Dallas playoff game to be next week? Dallas is playing like junk. They squeak by the Lions, lose to the Eagles and if Carolina weren't on their 4th QB, they look like they would have given tonight's game away after TO goes out.
GB meanwhile, since losing to Dallas, has produced a 38-7 trouncing of the Raiders and a 33-14 smackdown on the Rams.

Not that beating the Bears ever needs extra incentive, but winning puts more pressure on Dallas to not sit guys they want to get healthy, which could be a slim advantage if we see them again.
All I can say is that the reffs love dallas. Carolina got shafted all game.

Boston
12-23-2007, 07:48 PM
We really need to have a great game against the Lions now. I'd hate to go into the playoffs looking like this.

Boston
12-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Another thought, when will we give up on Bigby? He doesn't play the pass very well, and lately, he hasn't been playing the run very well either.

RockJock07
12-23-2007, 07:53 PM
AWFUL display of football today, This loss was very disappointing. The Bears are simply bad who started a 3rd string QB, 3rd string RB, and a average defense at best.

Even with Brett's awful plays and Jon Ryan's inability to punt the damn ball, i blame this loss on MM. His play calling was just horriable and then leaving Brett in was what pissed me off the most on a day when NOTHING went right.

I think this was an isolated event but MM has had a couple of these games this season were he forgets how to coach. I hope he know when it's that bad of weather, RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!

As far as the defense goes, I think they really missed pickett. Letting AP get 101 yards is just inexcusable, the game as a whole was just inexcusable, I expect them to rebound but they laid an egg when home-field was on the line.

neko4
12-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Im not too sad, what we need to do is when the Boys play their first playoff game we have to sneak Jessica into it, well put her right on the sideleine

Sportsfan486
12-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Man, I still dunno what to think about this game. We got blown out by the Chicago Bears when we were fighting for home-field. We didn't just lose a close one or at least put up a fight, we got ROLLED like we were a team getting ready to pick #1 in the draft against a team with a third string QB, a third string RB, no WRs, an average AT BEST defense..

Argh.

Boston
12-23-2007, 11:29 PM
I could really see this game lighting a fire under everybody on our team, causing us to play out of our mind, I really could. But, then again, I could see it doing quite the opposite. This is where McCarthy for coach of the year is really going to be tested.

Football Fan
12-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Im kinda getting tired of this seemingly passive attitude the packers appear to have the last few years towards the bear rivalry. The bears, with Lovie Smith get fired up for this game every time they meet.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-24-2007, 12:50 AM
This game is pretty much the same game that was played at the end of last year, except the Bears won this time. There's no doubt in my mind they'll put this loss behind them and grow from it. It might not be a bad thing to lose one more before heading into the playoffs.

cordscords
12-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Does anybody think TT will open up his wallet and make a run at Bob Sanders if the Colts dont lock him up?

The Legend
12-24-2007, 03:00 AM
Does anybody think TT will open up his wallet and make a run at Bob Sanders if the Colts dont lock him up?

i take a knee next to my bed and pray for it every nite

Packers Free Agent List

RFA - Noah Herron
RFA - Vernard Morency
RFA - Carlyle Holiday
RFA - Tory Humphrey
RFA - Colin Cole

UFA - Ruvell Martin
UFA - Corey Williams
UFA - Rob Davis
UFA - Frank Walker

__________________________________________________ __________

FreeAgent's We Could Look At

CB - SD - Drayton Florence
I Dont Want A Rookie Playing Nickel Pefer Someone Who Has Played It In The NFL

SS - NY - Gibril Wilson
Able To Cover And Good At Run Stoping

LB - DET - Boss Bailey
Able To Cover Tight Ends Very Well

OG - IND - Ryan Lilja
Great Guard Whos Fast And Smart, Able To Play In Our System

TE - KC - Kris Wilson
Good Hands, Pretty Fast And Would Be A Nice Back Up

QB - OAK - Josh McCown
Will Need A Back Up If Favre Retires

Favre4ever
12-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Another thought, when will we give up on Bigby? He doesn't play the pass very well, and lately, he hasn't been playing the run very well either.

Ive been saying this for a while now. Rouse should be playing.

Football Fan
12-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Does anybody think TT will open up his wallet and make a run at Bob Sanders if the Colts dont lock him up?I think we have gotten a good feel for the way tt goes about free agency. Still it would be nice if he could find an impact player or 2 in free agency. Im not sure, but I think he said if the packers are close to winning it all he might try to get the final pieces in free agency.

Football Fan
12-24-2007, 08:37 AM
After this years draft the team is going to have to start to make some interesting player cuts concidering tt has drafted in bulk the last 3 years. We will potentially see some 3rd through 7th rounders from previous drafts being cut or hopefully traded. Unless the team trades up, where do you put 7 or 8 more players? . The competition in this years training camp should be really intense.

Football Fan
12-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Im making a thread on my previous posts topic

princefielder28
12-24-2007, 09:29 AM

Sanders would be the investment that would make the Packers reach that next level. The Packers really like a big time impact safety and if we were able to land him he would just add another dimension to this team and make us even better

Nitschke-Hawk
12-24-2007, 01:36 PM
If he hit the market TT would definitely make a run at him. Look at what he did with Charles Woodson when everybody else doubted C Wood. Left guard and and a top tier safety are our biggest needs.

ImBrotherCain
12-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Is stupid as this sounds i think TT might have faith in the Rouse pick. I dont know what MM thinks about him but i have faith. But i would take Sanders in a heart beat!

Football Fan
12-24-2007, 05:53 PM
If washington beats dallas that loss to the bears yesterday is going to be real painful. Yeah dallas will be resting players but washington looked real good last night and I think washington could have beaten dallas even if they werent resting players.

TitleTown088
12-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Im kinda getting tired of this seemingly passive attitude the packers appear to have the last few years towards the bear rivalry. The bears, with Lovie Smith get fired up for this game every time they meet.

Passive? The packers were all preaching this week that they hate that alien headed bastard down south. It was just the goose egg for the season, that is all. Hopefully MM can turn them around for the playoffs.

Football Fan
12-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Passive? The packers were all preaching this week that they hate that alien headed bastard down south. It was just the goose egg for the season, that is all. Hopefully MM can turn them around for the playoffs.
I think Lovie smiths record against the pack is like 6-2. That makes it 4 years, not just a goose egg for this season, its a trend. An argument could be made that the bears werent exactly to concerned about the game they lost last year concidering there seeding was set, its likely that the bears could very well be 7-1 vs the pack over 4 years and its not like the bears have been a powerhouse either. I highly doubt the packers are going to play full strength against the lions next week concidering there seeding is also set.
The bears have put special attention into beating the pack and its why they are winning. Lovie Smith has likely studdied the pack more than any other team.

TitleTown088
12-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Lovie Smith has likely studdied the pack more than any other team.
Yeah he put hours of film work in to only to conclude that the way to beat the Packers was to attack John Ryan. Those mistakes by him were the main point of his focus.

Lovie Smith said " My priority is to beat the packers" as a public relations comment to win over Chicago fans who have been reaped in the butthole by Brett Favre for the last 15 years.

The Legend
12-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Is stupid as this sounds i think TT might have faith in the Rouse pick. I dont know what MM thinks about him but i have faith. But i would take Sanders in a heart beat!

i think Collins would be good at nickel and maybe keep Rouse at FS / Sanders at SS

that way we could draft a outside linebacker in the 1st round and i think we would be set

just and idea i think Collins need to prove himself in the playoffs

princefielder28
12-25-2007, 08:47 PM
i think Collins would be good at nickel and maybe keep Rouse at FS / Sanders at SS

that way we could draft a outside linebacker in the 1st round and i think we would be set

just and idea i think Collins need to prove himself in the playoffs

If theres a high quality LB available in ropund 1 I wouldn't be against selecting him but it is not necessary to invest such a high pick in a SLB.

johbur
12-25-2007, 11:13 PM
If theres a high quality LB available in ropund 1 I wouldn't be against selecting him but it is not necessary to invest such a high pick in a SLB.

Choosing for GB for the 08 draft is difficult.

SLB not a great R1 pick as the guy won't be on the field in the nickel. I wouldn't mind grabbing a guy if had good rush skills, but we hardly have been blitzing with the LBs prior to the past couple of weeks.

I think Safety would be a good choice, but if Rouse progresses, then you are spending an R1 on a backup safety.

CB is a good choice as the nickel CB has been killing the D. Getting a replacement to groom for Wood/Harris ok, but again, would be a bit player.

TE could use a major upgrade. Donald Lee has disappeared over the past two weeks. He's not the type of guy teams game plan for. I still am bitter over not getting Greg Olsen last year instead of Harrell.

RB, WR and QB don't need an R1 pick.

O-line might be worth it late in R1, as Juice and Colledge have not stepped up to grab a hold of the LG. Colledge and Moll might be better tackles in this run blocking system, so getting some interior depth important.

My preference would be a CB, then either a TE or OG if the value is there, or a SS if not. An SLB could be a possibility, but I'd rather trade down unless there's decent value for the positions we're looking at.

Football Fan
12-26-2007, 03:02 AM
Yeah he put hours of film work in to only to conclude that the way to beat the Packers was to attack John Ryan. Those mistakes by him were the main point of his focus.

Lovie Smith said " My priority is to beat the packers" as a public relations comment to win over Chicago fans who have been reaped in the butthole by Brett Favre for the last 15 years.Whatever, Lovie is 6-2 vs the pack and likely could have been 7-1 with average or bad teams for 3 of the 4 years. Its more than just blocked punts, his record speaks for itself and he gets the bears ready and jacked for packer games. Its not a pleasant reality but Smith deserves his credit. Quit being a homer.

Stufazz
12-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Im not sure if people have discussed this or read this before but was a really intinteresting ESPN piece on Greg Jennings and Favre

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3164529

johbur
12-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Im not sure if people have discussed this or read this before but was a really intinteresting ESPN piece on Greg Jennings and Favre

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3164529

Not sure what I'm missing. This link goes to a story about hopw many good coaching jobs are being done this year.

ImBrotherCain
12-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Not sure what I'm missing. This link goes to a story about hopw many good coaching jobs are being done this year.

yea......?

Empire
12-27-2007, 01:06 AM
This was the story Stuffaz wanted to link to originally

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wickersham_seth&id=3158561

Stufazz
12-27-2007, 01:55 PM
This was the story Stuffaz wanted to link to originally

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wickersham_seth&id=3158561

thats the one!

TitleTown088
12-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Barnett needs to shut the hell up with his grievance with the ref. The guy was only trying to break it up.

princefielder28
12-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Barnett needs to shut the hell up with his grievance with the ref. The guy was only trying to break it up.

In Barnett's defense, getting grabbed from around the neck isn't very pleasant

Empire
12-27-2007, 05:51 PM

That may be true but in all my years of watching football, I have never personally seen a ref grab a player by the neck and wrestle him down. That's just unprofessional, and I'm sure the fact that he wasn't disciplined by the league is why Barnett is filing the grievance.

GB12
12-27-2007, 08:10 PM
That may be true but in all my years of watching football, I have never personally seen a ref grab a player by the neck and wrestle him down. That's just unprofessional, and I'm sure the fact that he wasn't disciplined by the league is why Barnett is filing the grievance.

Apparently that ref has a history of doing it.

Empire
12-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Apparently that ref has a history of doing it.

I'm astonished he hasn't been disciplined yet. Grabbing anyone around the throat and yanking him to the ground is incredibly unprofessional.

ImBrotherCain
12-28-2007, 05:33 AM
Not that you care but you just dropped a notch in my book

Boston
12-28-2007, 03:12 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7609116

Barnett wins.

ImBrotherCain
12-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Colts signed Sanders 5 years for 37.5 mill. Guess that means no Sanders

TitleTown088
12-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Not that you care but you just dropped a notch in my book

Because I think Nick was overreacting to a ref just trying to do his job? It was no big deal and Barnett should have kept it that way.

someone447
12-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Because I think Nick was overreacting to a ref just trying to do his job? It was no big deal and Barnett should have kept it that way.

This was handled perfectly by everyone involved. Barnett filed a grievance and left it at that. The NFL fined the ref for doing something he shouldn't have. Now it is over.

The Legend
12-28-2007, 10:09 PM

i think Barnett can do what ever he want off the field, same with any player and it has nothing to do with us

Football Fan
12-29-2007, 01:44 PM
How general manager Ted Thompson assessed his third class of Packers draftees:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=701514
Not very in depth, but about what you would expect.

neko4
12-29-2007, 09:19 PM
It seems like he drafted alot of high character, hard working guys

Harrell: "This is a really good kid and he desperately wants to be a good player, and I think he will become one."

Jackson: "He cares and wants to be a good player. He's got a future."

Barbe: "He's a very competitive guy who we think has a very bright future"

Hall: "We asked him to change positions. He did it. Our entire scouting department really liked him as a football person, which we talk a lot about."

Bishop: "Tough guy. Competes"

Crosby: "For a young guy he's got a tremendous amount of poise and nerve."

I dont know if he means these things but its nice to hear, especially about Harrell and Jackson.

Football Fan
12-30-2007, 02:24 AM
Thompson looks at big picture
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=701663
Maybe a small hint here of what could happen next offseason.
hmm...
A possible trade up or some free agency action?
He still seems to be sticking with his best player available approach.

The Legend
12-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Thompson looks at big picture
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=701663
Maybe a small hint here of what could happen next offseason.
hmm...
A possible trade up or some free agency action?
He is still seems to be sticking with his best player available approach.

my hope is we sign one big player thru free agency

to be honest i wouldnt mind running for Marcus Trufant and move Charles Woodson to safety, thou as we all know Woodson doesnt want to play safety

if hes not willling to play safety then make a move for Ken Hamlin another player which he drafted

my guess he would be intrested in Hamlin & Trufant because he drafted them

and i personaly belive Nick Collins would be just perfect at Nickle i think hes better suited at corner then safety

Harris, Trufant, Collins, Blackmon, Bush, Williams would be a pretty good depth at corner

then again who knows maybe sign Hamlin & Trufant thou i dont think that would happen

LC - Trufant / William
SS - Hamlin / Bigby
FS - Woodson / Rouse
RC - Harris / Blackmon
NC - Collins / Bush

would be amazing lol

princefielder28
12-30-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm a big fan of marcus trufant

Football Fan
12-30-2007, 12:58 PM
New CEO, president ready to take reins for 'America's' team
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071230/GPG0101/712300650/1978
I like hearing this from Murphy:
"Murphy insists he's coming to work for America's Team.
"Part of it is that I've always hated the Cowboys, being with the Redskins," he said. "When you think about it, the Packers really stand for so many of the great things in America."

The Legend
12-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Ryan Grant Finshes Year With 956 Yards (to bad he didnt get more then 6 carrys in that game maybe could have gone over 1000 yards)

also made a mock draft :)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=810356#post810356

Empire
12-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Brandon Jackson is finally having a good game. Hopefully he can keep this up in the playoffs and quiet his critics.

also made a mock draft

Not too sure about the Packers pick. I've always found the vast majority of USC prospects to be overrated and I don't think we need a LB first round.

someone447
12-30-2007, 03:02 PM
I don't understand everyone wanting a linebacker in the first. It is a wasted pick. He will play on only two downs, and that is only if there isn't a long loss on first. Poppinga isn't too bad. He has improved tremendously since last year, and he will continue to improve. Our lbs are young, get a Cb in the first. A nickleback is always useful. Plus our starting CBs are on the wrong side of 30.

Hawk
12-30-2007, 05:30 PM
I don't understand everyone wanting a linebacker in the first. It is a wasted pick. He will play on only two downs, and that is only if there isn't a long loss on first. Poppinga isn't too bad. He has improved tremendously since last year, and he will continue to improve. Our lbs are young, get a Cb in the first. A nickleback is always useful. Plus our starting CBs are on the wrong side of 30.

I agree. I think cornerback is a huge concern. I wouldn't mind Reggie Smith from Oklahoma. I think he plays corner and free safety right?

Football Fan
12-30-2007, 06:51 PM
The way I see it:
Round1
Tampa vs NYG= Giants win
Seattle vs. Washington= Washington win
Round2
Dallas vs Washington= Washington win
Green Bay vs Giants= Green Bay win
Round3
NFC Championship @ Green Bay vs. Washington=Green Bay win
Round4-Im not going through the scenario for the afc, I will just say who gets to the SB

Green Bay Superbowl bound vs......The Colts=Green Bay win

Anybody else care to break it down?

Empire
12-30-2007, 07:20 PM
I personally would not be surprised if Washington ends up representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. The best team on paper does not end up automatically end up winning their respective conference, it's usually the hottest and healthiest team. And right now the hottest team by far are the Redskins. I could potentially see them upsetting the Cowboys in Dallas and then coming into Green Bay and beating us. The Cowboys, especially Tony Romo, is heading into a bye week in a funk. And that's usually not good news, as it can mean a very rusty performance in the divisional playoffs.

I'm also of the belief that a cold, snowy day in Lambeau will end up hurting our spread offense. A game in Dallas would be probably our best chance to win the NFC. The Redskins almost beat us at home in October, but this Washington team is much better than what we faced before.

Football Fan
12-30-2007, 07:43 PM
I personally would not be surprised if Washington ends up representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. The best team on paper does not end up automatically end up winning their respective conference, it's usually the hottest and healthiest team. And right now the hottest team by far are the Redskins. I could potentially see them upsetting the Cowboys in Dallas and then coming into Green Bay and beating us. The Cowboys, especially Tony Romo, is heading into a bye week in a funk. And that's usually not good news, as it can mean a very rusty performance in the divisional playoffs.

I'm also of the belief that a cold, snowy day in Lambeau will end up hurting our spread offense. A game in Dallas would be probably our best chance to win the NFC. The Redskins almost beat us at home in October, but this Washington team is much better than what we faced before.Just as long as it isnt fricken windy at Lambeau I will be happy. I want every playoff game at Green Bay, I dont care what anyone says.

TitleTown088
12-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Ha, ol Javon wants out of Denver and even hints at coming back to Green bay. What a chump.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7850208

GB12
12-31-2007, 03:34 PM
Ha, ol Javon wants out of Denver and even hints at coming back to Green bay. What a chump.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7850208
**** that. No thanks. He had his chance and screwed it up. If he's going to ***** everytime he's unhappy I don't want him. He'd have to accept being at best the #3 WR behind Driver and Jennings. If he's unhappy being #2 in Denver, he's not going to like that. I actually like Walker and he was a perfect receiver for Favre, but he's not coming back here. If we weren't stacked at WR I'd be up for it, but then what happens to Jones, Martin, Robinson? Is Walker coming off knee surgery worth limiting Jones' development and in the process maybe pissing him off? Not to mention that Thompson wouldn't give up a 4th rounder for Randy Moss, I doubt Walker would come much cheaper. 5 wide with Driver, Jennings, Walker, Jones, and Robinson would be pretty damn sweet though.

Football Fan
12-31-2007, 03:44 PM
He almost screwed the packers good, but TT did an excellent job replacing Walker and I think its the perfect slap in the face he needs. Now Walker can enjoy watching the Pack in 2 weeks. Impatient jackass=Javon Walker.

TitleTown088
12-31-2007, 04:48 PM
5 wide with Driver, Jennings, Walker, Jones, and Robinson would be pretty damn sweet though.

That's what I was thinking. I really don't want this little ***** back in GB, but man would that be one sweet receiving core. The best in the NFL if he were healthy.

He'll end up in Minnesota. Damn thieves.

jackalope
12-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Hilarious to see Walker wants out and would be willing to come back. I definitely don't want him here though. We don't need him and he obviously isn't a team player.

GB12
12-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Both Coston and Spitz might not be ready for our first playoff game.

jackalope
12-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Both Coston and Spitz might not be ready for our first playoff game.

Ooh, that's not good. Would that mean we would be going with Colledge and Moll?

GB12
12-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Ooh, that's not good. Would that mean we would be going with Colledge and Moll?
Yeah. While in any case you obviously would rather have your starters, but that's not too bad of a backup plan. They have started a good number of games together and each has started at least 13 games in their two year career.

jackalope
12-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah. While in any case you obviously would rather have your starters, but that's not too bad of a backup plan. They have started a good number of games together and each has started at least 13 games in their two year career.

Yeah, having Coston hurt isn't a big deal, as the difference between him and Colledge is very little. However having Spitz hurt and being replaced Moll would be a big hit. JSOnline said that the severity of Spitz's injury is unknown, so hopefully he'll be able to play.

neko4
01-01-2008, 02:57 AM
Were really blessed to have 5 young offensive linemen to take care of Rodgers in the future.

Some other blessings (i guess you could say)...

Brett Favre hasnt lost a step

Brett Favre hasnt created an eternal ass print in Lambeau from being sacked a ton of times, thanks Tauscher and Clifton

Special Thanks to Alcorn State, Western Michigan, San Jose State, NC State, Saginaw Valley State for helping us assemble the best 5 Wide Set in the NFC.

KGB revitalized his career this year.

Having an abundance of good DT's.

Winning 13 games

TitleTown088
01-01-2008, 12:23 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2007/beacom122807.htm

I don't wholeheartedly agree with this cat, but he makes some really good points.

Also, I like how they start them young in Conn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3175408

Football Fan
01-01-2008, 11:49 PM
In case no one has seen next years full game schedule:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=701942

princefielder28
01-02-2008, 12:20 AM
In case no one has seen next years full game schedule:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=701942

Assuming Favre doesn't retire, I can't wait for the Favre/Manning matchup

johbur
01-02-2008, 12:50 AM
Tougher schedule next year, but pre-season, the AFC West was supposed to be fearsome and we swept them. I'll like having Peyton v. Favre after we have Brady v. favre this year... ;D I'm very glad to see the Cowboys coming to Green Bay!!! I hope we get them in December...

Favre for MVP! Not like the press voters would vote for him, but I love that he's in consideration after all those wankers were saying he was washed up.

I'd like to see Barbre in the post-season. He's a rare athlete and he's been absorbing the system over the season, now it's time to let him loose!

GB12
01-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Tougher schedule next year, but pre-season, the AFC West was supposed to be fearsome and we swept them. I'll like having Peyton v. Favre after we have Brady v. favre this year... ;D I'm very glad to see the Cowboys coming to Green Bay!!! I hope we get them in December...

Favre for MVP! Not like the press voters would vote for him, but I love that he's in consideration after all those wankers were saying he was washed up.

I'd like to see Barbre in the post-season. He's a rare athlete and he's been absorbing the system over the season, now it's time to let him loose!
No, it isn't. I think he can be a good player in the ZBS, but he's not ready yet. Wait until next year. He's still making mental mistakes and isn't at the level of the guys we have yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped everyone at guard next year, but he needs more time to develop. Throwing him into a playoff game would be a disaster right now.

Football Fan
01-02-2008, 01:10 AM
No, it isn't. I think he can be a good player in the ZBS, but he's not ready yet. Wait until next year. He's still making mental mistakes and isn't at the level of the guys we have yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped everyone at guard next year, but he needs more time to develop. Throwing him into a playoff game would be a disaster right now.It might not be the best time to put him in, but it also could be a reality.

Notes: Offensive line not quite set

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=702459

PackerLegend
01-02-2008, 01:14 AM
Brett Favre hasnt created an eternal ass print in Lambeau from being sacked a ton of times, thanks Tauscher and Clifton

Yup he was only sacked 14 timber this year which was the 2nd lowest of his career the other was 2004 and he was sacked 12 time. (Im not counting 0 in Atlanta because he didnt play) Anyways you think he would have gotten sacked more with almost no run game early in the season and the amount of 4-5 WR sets we did. The pass-blocking has been pretty good all year though at given Favre time.

Football Fan
01-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Yup he was only sacked 14 timber this year which was the 2nd lowest of his career the other was 2004 and he was sacked 12 time. (Im not counting 0 in Atlanta because he didnt play) Anyways you think he would have gotten sacked more with almost no run game early in the season and the amount of 4-5 WR sets we did. The pass-blocking has been pretty good all year though at given Favre time.Clifton and Tauscher deserve plenty of credit, but Favre has an excellent sixth sense when it comes to avoiding being sacked/hit.

GB12
01-02-2008, 01:21 AM
It might not be the best time to put him in, but it also could be a reality.

Notes: Offensive line not quite set

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=702459
I really doubt they'd force that when Moll has proved he is a decent option. Can you imagine Barbre against the Giants front 4 he'd get destroyed. Remember, the highest level of competition he has faced is Division II. He was still very raw coming out of college and was seen as a project. An offseason of training will do him wonders, but putting him in now wouldn't be a smart move.

Football Fan
01-02-2008, 01:25 AM
I really doubt they'd force that when Moll has proved he is a decent option. Can you imagine Barbre against the Giants front 4 he'd get destroyed. Remember, the highest level of competition he has faced is Division II. He was still very raw coming out of college and was seen as a project. An offseason of training will do him wonders, but putting him in now wouldn't be a smart move.
I strongly have feared how the offensive line will hold up in general, but now in the playoffs against teams that are good at applying preasure, I am particularly concerned. When favre has had defenders in his face he has had his worst games like when they played the cowboys.
I dont know who will be starting on the o-line come game day, but the health of the players will dictate it. Hopefully the best combination will be ready to go.

TitleTown088
01-02-2008, 03:33 PM
. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped everyone at guard next year, but he needs more time to develop. . See, this is where i difffer from most. It has basiclaly been implied that he will play guard when he matures. I, on the other hand, think his future is at tackle.

The Legend
01-02-2008, 04:47 PM
See, this is where i difffer from most. It has basiclaly been implied that he will play guard when he matures. I, on the other hand, think his future is at tackle.

i totaly agree i think he is like Colledge and should not play guard both of them i belive are Future Tackles for this franchise, but if he does play guard i hope for the best and i really hope he turns out

GB12
01-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I think he'd be perfect for LG next to Colledge. It really depends on Coston though. If Coston can take a hold of a starting job Barbre will be pushed to tackle, if not he'll be a guard.

Atlanta's trying to take our guys.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/02/falcons-looking-at-two-packers-officials.aspx (http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/02/falcons-looking-at-two-packers-officials.aspxhttp://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/02/falcons-looking-at-two-packers-officials.aspx)
I really want McKenzie to stay, but Schnieder wouldn't be a big deal to me.

jackalope
01-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I think he'd be perfect for LG next to Colledge. It really depends on Coston though. If Coston can take a hold of a starting job Barbre will be pushed to tackle, if not he'll be a guard.

Atlanta's trying to take our guys.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/02/falcons-looking-at-two-packers-officials.aspxhttp://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/02/falcons-looking-at-two-packers-officials.aspx (http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/02/falcons-looking-at-two-packers-officials.aspxhttp://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/02/falcons-looking-at-two-packers-officials.aspx)
I really want McKenzie to stay, but Schnieder wouldn't be a big deal to me.

That link isn't working for me.

Doesn't surprise me that McKenzie is being interviewed. He's been up for GM jobs in the past, and it's probably only a matter of time until someone hires him, but hopefully we can keep him a little longer.

GB12
01-02-2008, 08:31 PM
That link isn't working for me.

Doesn't surprise me that McKenzie is being interviewed. He's been up for GM jobs in the past, and it's probably only a matter of time until someone hires him, but hopefully we can keep him a little longer.
Fixed.

And yeah, sooner or later he's going to get a GM job. I'd prefer later, but we'll still be fine without him as long as we have Thompson.

TitleTown088
01-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Jackson won NFL rookie of the week. That makes the third packer rookie to win it.

Pack_Attack_4
01-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Jackson won NFL rookie of the week. That makes the third packer rookie to win it.

Thats Good Drafting by TT

Football Fan
01-03-2008, 02:33 AM
Receivers' revolving door
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=702874
I dont see anything official on this but I thought it was interesting.
Other than driver and jennings the other three seem to be playing about the same.

The Legend
01-03-2008, 11:35 AM
i would like to see a bit more of Robinson
and i swear if Jones fumbles it ill scream lol

Favre4ever
01-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I am not surprised about that decision. Its nothing against Jones who will be a fine player but when you have the luxury to have a veteran like Robinson as a 4th receiver, you need to give him more snaps. He would be a #2 receiver in many teams.

Football Fan
01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
It does seem like robinson has been trying harder to get more YAC when he gets the ball.

The Legend
01-03-2008, 01:53 PM
It does seem like robinson has been trying harder to get more YAC when he gets the ball.

i have to disagree i think he been in postion to get good YAC they have been runing some werid screen with him and other stuff that really just seem to be check downs

Football Fan
01-03-2008, 02:10 PM
i have to disagree i think he been in postion to get good YAC they have been runing some werid screen with him and other stuff that really just seem to be check downs
Fact is I really just havent seen Jones do much lately, but martin has had some nice catches. I think its probably just that robinson has been getting more action lately along with a few designed plays for the YAC and its making him seem like a better number 3. But he does seem to be more reliable for the position for now.

GB12
01-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Coston's season is over.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/03/coston-placed-on-ir-thompson-signed.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

Twiddler
01-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Coston's season is over.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/01/03/coston-placed-on-ir-thompson-signed.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

****. Might not help.

TitleTown088
01-03-2008, 05:00 PM
****, that hurts. That kids athletic ability is just scary.

Pack_Attack_4
01-03-2008, 05:02 PM
looks like were goin back to college and spitz at G

johbur
01-03-2008, 08:37 PM
I'd like to see Barbre and Spitz (if he's healthy) at OG in the post-season, with Ruvell Martin being the three. I don't think it will happen, but I have yet to see Martin drop a ball and good things happen in the passing game when he's in.

The Legend
01-04-2008, 12:41 PM
I'd like to see Barbre and Spitz (if he's healthy) at OG in the post-season, with Ruvell Martin being the three. I don't think it will happen, but I have yet to see Martin drop a ball and good things happen in the passing game when he's in.

his 1st ever game in a playoff that doesnt make much sense

i wouldnt mind seeing him play in the 4th qtr if we are up and Rodgers is in there

also

Junior cornerback Jack Ikegwuonu said the bowl loss made it more likely he will return for his senior season, saying he had "unfinished business here at Wisconsin." But he acknowledged his decision will hinge on where he is projected in the NFL draft.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=265131&ntpid=1

on a 3rd note

The Denver Post reports that wide receiver Javon Walker, acquired via a trade with the Green Bay Packers, said he wants out of Denver. Walker suggested he might even like to return to Green Bay.

http://bamsnflrumors.blogspot.com/2007/12/walker-wants-out-of-denver-back-to.html

TitleTown088
01-04-2008, 06:32 PM
I already posted that about walker Legend

anyways... John Ryan for MVP

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KZjp24g3DaY

neko4
01-04-2008, 07:26 PM
haha
loved that, just wish he didnt have such a bad game, great punter though

johbur
01-04-2008, 09:04 PM
As far as Barbre being in, I think pressure-testing rookies can bring out the best in them. I liked how Colledge, Spitz and Moll all handled themselves as rookies last year. Yeah, it's the playoffs, but it's not like Spitz, Colledge or Thompson have been in a playoff game either.

Football Fan
01-05-2008, 01:32 AM
As far as Barbre being in, I think pressure-testing rookies can bring out the best in them. I liked how Colledge, Spitz and Moll all handled themselves as rookies last year. Yeah, it's the playoffs, but it's not like Spitz, Colledge or Thompson have been in a playoff game either.

I think we will see him in the playoffs, but not as a starter. Im sure he will have to fill in at times.

The Legend
01-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Atari Bigby Named Defensive Player Of The Month
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/01/03/3/

neko4
01-05-2008, 01:54 PM
wow, howd that happen?

princefielder28
01-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Atari Bigby Named Defensive Player Of The Month
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/01/03/3/

good for him

Boston
01-05-2008, 07:29 PM
wow, howd that happen?

Failing to diagnose routes and getting the tip after the reciever drops the ball...

johbur
01-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Failing to diagnose routes and getting the tip after the reciever drops the ball...

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. He got the four picks, one of which he earned on his own. The team went 3-1, and it wasn't his fault they lost to Chicago. I am not a big Atari fan, as I think he's limited with speed and not overly aware of what's going on with plays, but he's a decent tackler and he produces the turn-overs that were missing from Roman and Manuel. Congrats to Bigby and I hope he gets four more picks, tipped or not, in the playoffs!

TitleTown088
01-06-2008, 02:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_8uql9-1IA

Ha, check out this gold. Gotta love Dennis.

Sterling is like a freight train with stickum,

The Legend
01-06-2008, 09:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_8uql9-1IA

Ha, check out this gold. Gotta love Dennis.

Sterling is like a freight train with stickum,

nick ref on barnett style tackle lol

TitleTown088
01-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Thompson extended 5 years
...http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/01/07/2/

hallelujah!!!

princefielder28
01-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Thompson extended 5 years
...http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/01/07/2/

hallelujah!!!

well deserved for the man who should be the Executive of the Year

GB12
01-07-2008, 03:04 PM
well deserved for the man who should be the Executive of the Year
I remember you and a bunch of others still doubting him in the offseason. Good to see that's changed.

ImBrotherCain
01-07-2008, 04:00 PM
I remember you and a bunch of others still doubting him in the offseason. Good to see that's changed.

I never really doubted him. But that Harrell pick still just bugs me.

princefielder28
01-07-2008, 04:02 PM

I believe it was well deserved but I still question some picks and decisions he makes.

TitleTown088
01-07-2008, 05:49 PM
I believe it was well deserved but I still question some picks and decisions he makes.

Which is why you're not a General Manager. Ted knows leaps and bounds more than all of us combined. I've supported Ted from the beginning, sure i may not see his logic behind all of his moves at the time they are done, but that would be why I'm not a GM as well. Ted Thompson will quickly prove he is one of the best GMs in the NFL, if not the best( in my mind). What he has done with this team is impressive, taking Sherman's mess to this is in just a couple seasons is just amazing

jackalope
01-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Great to see Thompson's contract extended. I've always been a big fan of him and he's done a great job so far.

Football Fan
01-08-2008, 01:51 AM
I remember you and a bunch of others still doubting him in the offseason. Good to see that's changed.I think fans should question team decisions, particularly made my new management. I think its lame for fans to be zombie like sheep that automatically assume all the correct moves are being made simply because you are a fan of the team. Not that Ted didnt have a nice resume(I very much liked the fact that wolf was like a mentor for him) its just that nobody should get a free pass. I was neutral toward him since he has been here.
However, now Ted has proven himself to me, the team and fans. I think he should get his credit and has earned the faith of packer fans. I for one intend to be much less critical, he has earned that pass from me for at least another year or two. Im content to watch how all the draft picks, other moves and the team develope.
Ted and Mike have done a great job. I do think that Favre is also very much a big reason for the success of the team and I have never lost faith in him. He earned that a long time ago and I have always been quick to defend him during the short rebuilding period when so many people were on his back. Sherman had seriously hurt the teams ability to be successful. Now Ted has brought in youthful potential for the future of the pack which is where Sherm failed miserably(except for Barnett, kampmen and Wells of coarse).

princefielder28
01-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Which is why you're not a General Manager. Ted knows leaps and bounds more than all of us combined. I've supported Ted from the beginning, sure i may not see his logic behind all of his moves at the time they are done, but that would be why I'm not a GM as well. Ted Thompson will quickly prove he is one of the best GMs in the NFL, if not the best( in my mind). What he has done with this team is impressive, taking Sherman's mess to this is in just a couple seasons is just amazing

He had his master plan and since he doesn't come out and explain what it is, some of his moves are hard to figure out, but everything does have a purpose. Props to the scouting department as well and the coaches who have found these players, develoiped them, and put them in positions that will set them up for success.

Hawk
01-08-2008, 04:02 PM
I checked out Favre's wikipedia, I didn't know he was a kicker and punter in HS

GB12
01-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Good news. Spitz will be back and will start against Seattle.

jackalope
01-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Good news. Spitz will be back and will start against Seattle.

That's huge for the run game. Spitz is a big improvement over Coston.

GB12
01-08-2008, 09:47 PM
That's huge for the run game. Spitz is a big improvement over Coston.
You mean Moll?

jackalope
01-08-2008, 09:51 PM
You mean Moll?

Yeah, I forgot about Coston's injury for a second.

The Legend
01-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I forgot about Coston's injury for a second.

Orrin Thompson look good in pre-season i personally would like to see how see is at guard for next year

GB12
01-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Orrin Thompson look good in pre-season i personally would like to see how see is at guard for next year
I'm pretty sure he didn't even play in preseason...

JF4
01-09-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm pretty sure he didn't even play in preseason...

Ummm I think he was just pointing out how stunningly handsome he is.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/T/H/O/THO638025.jpg

TitleTown088
01-09-2008, 05:04 PM
How's this for vintage?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v5wsH74dHmk

I've never seen that much footage of that game before.

The Legend
01-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Black Jack coming out of school early

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=3185718

packers got to draft this kid PLEASE lol Jack Ikegwuonu is a monster

jackalope
01-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Black Jack coming out of school early

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=3185718

packers got to draft this kid PLEASE lol Jack Ikegwuonu is a monster

Yeah, Ike is definitely my #1 want in the 1st round. I'm really not sure how I feel about him declaring. As a Badger fan I'm obviously disappointed in him leaving, but as a Packer fan, I really want to see Green Bay draft him this year.

The Legend
01-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Yeah, Ike is definitely my #1 want in the 1st round. I'm really not sure how I feel about him declaring. As a Badger fan I'm obviously disappointed in him leaving, but as a Packer fan, I really want to see Green Bay draft him this year.

i was stund to see him come out early, i really belive he was the top corner next year

johbur
01-09-2008, 11:42 PM
I didn't think Ike would come out, but he has had four years in college and is 22. At some point, it's time to go make the money. If he doesn't hire an agent, when's the latest he can choose to go back to school?

TitleTown088
01-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Favre learning toward returning!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/01/10/bc.fbn.packers.favre.ap/index.html

more. http://www.sunherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/292105.html

The second onemakes it sound likes he's back for sure. **** yeah!

princefielder28
01-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Favre learning toward returning!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/01/10/bc.fbn.packers.favre.ap/index.html

more. http://www.sunherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/292105.html

The second onemakes it sound likes he's back for sure. **** yeah!

Good news!!!!!

Boston
01-10-2008, 04:34 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d805dd8d2

Great video about Favre from Hasselbeck's perspective. I love the Holmgren quote in there.

"Why is he...Why did he throw...damnit....damnit....why does he do that so..."

NickCollins36
01-10-2008, 06:30 PM

talk about a deep class this year for corners...
were sure to get a good one at the end of the first round
i hope...
unless of coarse we pull a Justin Harrell again this year...

The Legend
01-10-2008, 10:34 PM
talk about a deep class this year for corners...
were sure to get a good one at the end of the first round
i hope...
unless of coarse we pull a Justin Harrell again this year...

Harrell was a smart pick, with Cole & Williams possiably going, and Jolly coming off a injury he will be very much need next year

i think this kid is going to pan out i have faith in him

TitleTown088
01-10-2008, 10:43 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ah1ZNUvUNGO3mW8yXH56cNlDubYF?slug=cr-packerscorners011008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Good article on Harris and Woodson.

I don't know why, but reading this made me think, Could Woodson be Thompson's Reggie white to a lesser degree?

The Legend
01-10-2008, 10:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ah1ZNUvUNGO3mW8yXH56cNlDubYF?slug=cr-packerscorners011008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Good article on Harris and Woodson.

I don't know why, but reading this made me think, Could Woodson be Thompson's Reggie white to a lesser degree?

its funny you say that because TT, MM are crazy about him they say hes a great person hard worker, great team player they nothing but good stuf to say about him

Twiddler
01-11-2008, 09:26 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3187868

Great article on Thompson and his building of the team we currently have.

The Legend
01-12-2008, 03:40 AM
i was looking at Black Jack stat on espn there very impressive

29 games as a starter, Ikegwuonu totaled 91 tackles, 5½ tackles for losses, six interceptions, 35 passes defensed, one forced fumble and one recovery. Ikegwuonu had 16 pass breakups in 2007.

Number 10
01-12-2008, 06:27 PM
What is going to happen with DT Corey Williams this offseason? He is a FA, right?

ny10804
01-12-2008, 06:37 PM
What is going to happen with DT Corey Williams this offseason? He is a FA, right?

Yep, unrestricted. He'll probably be gone. He wants money, we have depth at DT, and plenty of teams will be willing to outspend us.

Number 10
01-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Yep, unrestricted. He'll probably be gone. He wants money, we have depth at DT, and plenty of teams will be willing to outspend us.

Interesting.....

BroadwayJoe10
01-12-2008, 06:40 PM
damn good game. I was extremely impressed with the way the oline blocked and how grant ran the ball; the thing i had no idea was that grant was a double major at Notre Dame..Computer science and somethin else...very impressive

cordscords
I hope we franchise him.

GB12
I still am liking the idea of franchising him. Then we can try to trade him or keep him for one year with out having to sign a multi year contract.

The Legend
01-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Ryan Grant is Exclusive Rights Free Agent
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=3252

i want to give him a new deal...

GB12
01-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Ryan Grant is Exclusive Rights Free Agent
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=3252

i want to give him a new deal...
Exclusive rights free agent means that we own him. If we want him back he is forced to sign a contract for minimum salary.

Twiddler
01-12-2008, 11:16 PM
I still am liking the idea of franchising him. Then we can try to trade him or keep him for one year with out having to sign a multi year contract.

Especially if we have a bunch of cap when it comes the time to make that decision. If we're going to sit on a bunch of money I can understand that, but if we can franchise a player and keep him around for another year and just use part of that cap space than we should.

PackerLegend
01-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Exclusive rights free agent means that we own him. If we want him back he is forced to sign a contract for minimum salary.

Grant has saved us so he needs a fair deal. Have we seen enough to give him a big contract, or do we wait 1 more year? personally i think he is the real deal and the playoffs help show it. He better be a Packer 4 a long great career

GB12
01-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Especially if we have a bunch of cap when it comes the time to make that decision. If we're going to sit on a bunch of money I can understand that, but if we can franchise a player and keep him around for another year and just use part of that cap space than we should.
If all we do in free agency is resign him and the rest of our guys I would actually be fine with that.

GB12
01-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Grant has saved us so he needs a fair deal. Have we seen enough to give him a big contract, or do we wait 1 more year? personally i think he is the real deal and the playoffs help show it. He better be a Packer 4 a long great career
He'll get his, we don't have to worry about it though. We have him for next year no matter what. He'll get a new deal before next year's offseason, it's just a matter of when. I think we will wait until during next season to give him an extention.

Twiddler
01-12-2008, 11:35 PM

Me too. I think it will happen though pretty soon if he keeps this up. Sometimes players just need to be rewarded for doing huge things for the team and that is what he did. He came in and gave us a running game when we desperately needed it, because lets face it, if our running game would have finished the season as it started there is no chance we'd be near our level today. Favre throwing 50 or 60 times a game would have been figured out eventually.

The Legend
01-12-2008, 11:36 PM
oh im not worry i think hes a T.T. type guy so hell be around
i think 5yr-20 million

PackerLegend
01-12-2008, 11:36 PM
He'll get his, we don't have to worry about it though. We have him for next year no matter what. He'll get a new deal before next year's offseason, it's just a matter of when. I think we will wait until during next season to give him an extention.

Just dont want another Javon Walker type thing happen. but that was a little bit different because J-Walk had like a 5 year rookie deal he was on and asked for more. Plus Grant seems like a good guy but im pretty sure J-Walk seemed like 1 to.

GB12
01-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Just dont want another Javon Walker type thing happen. but that was a little bit different because J-Walk had like a 5 year rookie deal he was on and asked for more. Plus Grant seems like a good guy but im pretty sure J-Walk seemed like 1 to.
I'm not worried about it. Grant will cash in, it's just a matter of time. When we do give him a new contract I hope we lock him up long term though. If he keeps running like he has he'll be very expensive in a couple years. The soonest I'd expect an extention would be training camp. Then we get through free agency and sign our draft picks and know exactly where we're at cap wise. Then we can structure the deal accordingly.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-13-2008, 12:30 AM
As we we know TT doesn't jump to conclusions, but he knows when somebody deserves a deal. I think we'll see offseason talks and something that can get a deal done is a player being prominent within the organization, if we continue to hear good things during the offseason about how Grant is "thee guy" then a deal will be done. I just hope there's no cheap skate type of stuff on the front office side of things that could stir up our locker room.

I think a likely scenario is a little one year deal done no matter what with extension talks to go with it.

GB12
01-13-2008, 12:37 AM
As we we know TT doesn't jump to conclusions, but he knows when somebody deserves a deal. I think we'll see offseason talks and something that can get a deal done is a player being prominent within the organization, if we continue to hear good things during the offseason about how Grant is "thee guy" then a deal will be done. I just hope there's no cheap skate type of stuff on the front office side of things that could stir up our locker room.

I think a likely scenario is a little one year deal done no matter what with extension talks to go with it.
Exactly what I've been saying. He'll be signed to the Exclusive Rights free agent contract which is the minimum salary for a third year player. Then we will negotiate with him until an extention is signed probably in July-September.

The Legend
01-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Brett Favre - The Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWrcYxfwOVc

"I Am The Greatest" - "Welcome To The Legends Club" - Muhammad Ali

Football Fan
01-13-2008, 05:00 AM
Did anyone else see or hear favre saying that he never said he was comming back next year? I realise that he never actually did, but he did confirm that on tv today for the people that assumed he was implying that his decision was already made.

GB12
01-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Am I crazy for thinking we match up better with New England than the Colts?

someone447
01-13-2008, 12:23 PM

I think the Packers match up better with New England than any team in the league.

But the Packers match up quite well with the Patriots. The Pats have problems with slants and crossing routes, and that is the Packers bread and butter.

Hawk
01-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a video of Favre out on a lead block? There used to be one youtube but it's not there anymore

GB12
01-13-2008, 01:50 PM
And maybe I should take that back. The Chargers are beating Indy with Gates and Tomlinson on the sideline.

umphrey
01-13-2008, 01:51 PM

Yes, I think our secondary lacks the size/speed to match up with Moss and Watson (TE). I think Harris and Woodson would be much more comfortable playing man on Harrison and Wayne.

Offensively, we can (and will have to) score around 35 points on both teams. New England's defense scares me just a bit more than Indy's because they have more ballhawks in the secondary and probably pass rush a little better, but I think Grant could run right past their linebackers all day.

I think Moss is the difference. Harris is too slow to cover him alone so we can't play straight man coverage. He'll need safety help, but Collins is too small. I hope we play Rouse for that game even though we probably won't. Rouse has similiar size/speed Randy has and if gets a hit or 2 on him it might change the way Moss plays.

Twiddler
01-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Maybe offensively we match up quite well against the Patriots but I'm not sold on our pass defense matching up against their offense. Since their offense incorporates so many different spread out formations a team has to have at least 3 solid cornerbacks and a decent dimeback to be able to stop that passing game. Yes, Woodson and Harris are great but I think our nickel and dime backs would get eaten alive at times. Most likely Welker would have a big game for them against us by playing the slot like he so often does.

someone447
01-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Maybe offensively we match up quite well against the Patriots but I'm not sold on our pass defense matching up against their offense. Since their offense incorporates so many different spread out formations a team has to have at least 3 solid cornerbacks and a decent dimeback to be able to stop that passing game. Yes, Woodson and Harris are great but I think our nickel and dime backs would get eaten alive at times. Most likely Welker would have a big game for them against us by playing the slot like he so often does.

Woodson would line up on Welker.

Twiddler
01-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Woodson would line up on Welker.

Maybe I'm wrong but with how they shift Welker around there would be played where he would be lined up against our nickel or dime. But yeah, Woodson would primarily take responsibility for him.

GB12
01-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but with how they shift Welker around there would be played where he would be lined up against our nickel or dime. But yeah, Woodson would primarily take responsibility for him.
Woodson would follow him around. Woodson plays the slot when teams go with multiple WRs and that's where Welker is. Stalworth is straight speed so Williams might be able to hang with him. Both teams have great QBs, lines, and starting WRs. To me it comes down to would you rather face Stalworth, Watson, and Maroney or Gonzalez, Clark, and Addai. Clark would cause some major problems for us and Addai is much better than Maroney.

TitleTown088
01-13-2008, 03:05 PM
opps, double.

TitleTown088
01-13-2008, 03:05 PM

No, I've been thinking the same thing for awhile now. Favre would toss is all over them I think. It would be a offensive shootout, that's for sure. The one thing that worries me about NE is Harris on Moss. Moss usually destroys Harris. That being said, I think we all need to worry about NY/Dallas first.

GB12
01-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Well it doesn't really matter now. Go Chargers!

Sportsfan486
01-13-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm really hoping the Giants win today. Can you imagine Eli "zomg don't hurt me" Manning in the sub-zero snow facing our vicious D? I don't want to play Dallas again, if just for the chance we lose and hear the "Romo taking over Favre's legacy" CRAP.

TitleTown088
01-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Anyone see MM contract extension? Nice!

Football Fan
01-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Anyone see MM contract extension? Nice!
Do you have a link?

neko4
01-13-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm really hoping the Giants win today. Can you imagine Eli "zomg don't hurt me" Manning in the sub-zero snow facing our vicious D? I don't want to play Dallas again, if just for the chance we lose and hear the "Romo taking over Favre's legacy" CRAP.
Just a thought, The boys during the 90's were always the team that kept Favre out of the superbowl, maybe things will switch up, maybe the packers will be the team to keep Romo out of the Super Bowl.

About matching up with the Pats:
I feel that our defensive line can rush Brady w/ just our front 4 and I think thats the key to stopping Brady and the Pats O.

neko4
01-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Do you have a link?
They talked about it on Fox Pre Game

Now we need to sign Grant for a couple of years

RyanBraun8
01-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Its great to hear bout the contract extension for MM, he deserves it! He gets the most of these guys and is a damn good coach. As for match ups with the Patriots, we can stop there run game and but im not sure we are deep enough at corner to slow down the passing game. They got 4 quality WR's so hope Blackmon will be back (not sure if he is supose to or not) to give us a little more depth. Are offense can score on them, running and passing and it should be a pretty close game if they are to play each other, he just have to slow up Brady. Are D-Line needs to be on the attack and be getting at him cause you cant afford to send alot of guys at Brady cause he has to many targets.

After watching alot of D-Mac clips and games this year does anyone beside me kind of see a comparsion with him and Ryan Grant? They kind of have the same size, upright running style, Grant doesnt have the speed of D-Mac but to me it seems like they run alot alike. Feel free to call me crazy haha just something that caught my eye and was wondering if anyone else sees it at all

umphrey
01-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Still very early but Giants/Cowboys both look very beatable right now. It would be nice to play NYG next week but I'd be kind of disappointed if we missed out on a rematch with dallas.

neko4
01-13-2008, 04:14 PM
I dont really see the comparison, Dmac seems flashier too me, not like thats a bad thing. But I agree about our Dline. Just watch what UGA did to Hawaii, they sent 4 guys all day and gave Brennan no time, and were able to keep 7 guys in coverage

RyanBraun8
01-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Our d-line can do it 2, it hurts that we are missing some guys like Jolly, but Jenkins is looking healthy again, Corey Wiliams is prob one of the best pass rushing DT out there right now and KGB and Kampman enough said. I was disappointed though with there rush against Seattle, and they can't do that again against the Pats

Sportsfan486
01-13-2008, 04:59 PM
About matching up with the Pats:
I feel that our defensive line can rush Brady w/ just our front 4 and I think thats the key to stopping Brady and the Pats O.

Wait... what makes you think our front four can do ANYTHING to hurry up Brady? That OLine has been mauling people all year and we're not that great at getting sacks, we've really not tallied up many in the last half of the year.

I think we match up as well as anyone against the Pats but I happen to think we're the 2nd best team in football this year so it pretty much fits. I can't see us keeping Moss locked down, I think they'd get some big plays on us. I do think we would shut down any running game and for the most part control the passing game.

Dunno, it'd be an interesting game. We have one to play before we can think about that, though.

GB12
01-13-2008, 06:41 PM
They talked about it on Fox Pre Game

Now we need to sign Grant for a couple of years
He has not gotten an extention yet. This is what was said on the pregame show

JB: And now let's go to Jay Glazer for some breaking news on the Packers.
Jay: Well I'm told that the Packers are working on a contract Extention with coach Mike McCarthy. An extention will be reached before next season.

Well no ****. Wasn't breaking news at all. He's going to get a nice extention, but it hasn't happened yet.

Vince Lombardi
01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
New York Giants are coming to Lambeau baby!!!!!! NFC Championship game in GB!!! woooohoooooooooooo

JF4
01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
NFC Championship in our house!!!!!!!!

TitleTown088
01-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Oh god, this game is going to be Sweet. I wonder what the weather will be like..?

Boston
01-13-2008, 06:58 PM
I hate to get ahead of ourselves, but we can potentially destroy the Giants.

umphrey
01-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Oh god, this game is going to be Sweet. I wonder what the weather will be like..?

Very cold, barely above 0.

GB12
01-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Very cold, barely above 0.

Saturday...Partly cloudy. Highs 5 to 10 above zero.

Saturday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows zero to 5 below.

I hope that includes snow. Snow games are always the most fun to watch.

someone447
01-13-2008, 07:10 PM
My dad bet 20 bucks on the Pack winning the Super Bowl in July. If they win he gets 1000 bucks.

50-1 odds. How crazy is that.

ny10804
01-13-2008, 07:11 PM
I hate to get ahead of ourselves, but we can potentially destroy the Giants.

Honestly. We beat them 35-13 without Ryan Grant starting.

TitleTown088
01-13-2008, 07:11 PM
I wish it wasn't going to be quite that cold, but whatever it still gives us an advantage. Hopefully MM practices them outside a bit this week, which he likely won't.

TitleTown088
01-13-2008, 07:12 PM
My dad bet 20 bucks on the Pack winning the Super Bowl in July. If they win he gets 1000 bucks.

50-1 odds. How crazy is that.

I bet 100... ooooooo I could be rich baby.

bearsfan_51
01-13-2008, 07:14 PM
That was a looooong time ago, and even that game was pretty close till the end as I recall.

I'd give the Packers the edge, just cause Eli is due to do something stupid, but I said before the game that I thought the Giants would be a tougher draw as they have the hot hand.

Favre4ever
01-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Game plan is simple;

-Stop the run game

-Make Eli beat us

TitleTown088
01-13-2008, 07:18 PM
I'd give the Packers the edge, just cause Eli is due to do something stupid, but I said before the game that I thought the Giants would be a tougher draw as they have the hot hand.

You also said the Giants could stop the run today..... They did just fine with that...

ny10804
01-13-2008, 07:19 PM
That was a looooong time ago, and even that game was pretty close till the end as I recall.

Have you seen Ryan Grant play? I think the Packers will beat the Giants for a number of reasons, not just Eli's inevitable mishaps.

bearsfan_51
01-13-2008, 07:20 PM
You also said the Giants could stop the run today..... They did just fine with that...
They held them to 17 points, I'd say that's a job well done regardless of how many pointless yards you give up.

Boston
01-13-2008, 07:22 PM

But the Packers don't have a hot hand? We just dismantled the Seahawks after their 14-0 start. I'd say a 42-6 run to finish the game is more/as much of a hot hand as what the Giants have at this point. Especially for an inexperienced team looking for their footing in the playoffs.

Twiddler
01-13-2008, 07:24 PM

Yeah, it was too long ago to make an accurate judgement of how this game will turn out. But I think that the Packers are coming into this game pretty hot too right now at this point. A rout like we had after falling behind fast in the playoffs did great things for our confidence and having the next game at home just helps us even more. Now the two things I will really be looking at for the next game are the weather that will be going on and the health of Sam Madison and Aaron Ross. In my opinion, if those two can't play then we will greatly increase our chances. Sure, Romo couldn't take advantage of it, but I have a little more confidence in Favre. Either way, should be a good game.

bearsfan_51
01-13-2008, 07:26 PM
But the Packers don't have a hot hand? We just dismantled the Seahawks after their 14-0 start. I'd say a 42-6 run to finish the game is more/as much of a hot hand as what the Giants have at this point. Especially for an inexperienced team looking for their footing in the playoffs.

I'm saying they would be a harder opponent than the Cowboys, that has nothing do with how the Packers are playing.

Who knows? It certainly is nice for the Packers to play at home, and the Cowboys are unquestionably more talented than the Giants, but I wouldn't want to play the Giants now if I had the choice. They're a team with really nothing to lose whereas I think it was clear the Cowboys were going to choke at some point.

GB12
01-13-2008, 07:26 PM
And they now don't have Shockey. He was pretty much the only thing that gave us trouble in that game. They do have Brandon Jacobs back now, but I'm confident in our run defence no matter who the RB is. I'd much rather have Jacobs in than Shockey. Boss has been playing well, but he's no Shockey. The teams we've stuggled covering the TE against have been ones with elite TEs. Shockey, Gates, Cooley, Witten, Gonzalez, those are the guys that we had a hard time with. Most teams do though.

Boston
01-13-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm saying they would be a harder opponent than the Cowboys, that has nothing do with how the Packers are playing.

Who knows? It certainly is nice for the Packers to play at home, and the Cowboys are unquestionably more talented than the Giants, but I wouldn't want to play the Giants now if I had the choice. They're a team with really nothing to lose whereas I think it was clear the Cowboys were going to choke at some point.

Isn't that what people were saying about the 'hawks? I'm not trying to sound over confident, but the Packers don't need to prove themselves every week.

thetedginnshow
01-13-2008, 07:32 PM
You guys had better beat the Giants. I'd cry if I had to hear about Eli for two weeks (and potentially longer if they won).

TitleTown088
01-13-2008, 07:33 PM
I hope that includes snow. Snow games are always the most fun to watch.

The game is on Sunday not Saturday GB. Wrong forecast

umphrey
01-13-2008, 07:35 PM

I think it's pretty clear that Eli (and the Giants in general) is going to choke at some point. Also we are as healthy as we've been all year IMO while they are pretty beat up. Shockey being out is huge, and Favre is going to torch their secondary.

Twiddler
01-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Isn't that what people were saying about the 'hawks? I'm not trying to sound over confident, but the Packers don't need to prove themselves every week.

I think the 'hawks surprised everybody. I at least thought they would contend.

01-13-2008, 07:36 PM
No one has the hotter hand in this game and its all gonna come down to whether the Packers line can handle the Giants rush. I expect a heavy dose of Jacobs/Bradshaw too but the Packers run defense should be more than up to the task.

GB12
01-13-2008, 07:37 PM
The game is on Sunday not Saturday GB. Wrong forecast
Yeah, they are the same. When I went to copy I just selected the wrong one. Only difference is that it's sunny on Sunday.

bearsfan_51
01-13-2008, 07:52 PM

When you're in the playoffs, yes you do. Every team has to prove themselves. That's the whole point.

princefielder28
01-13-2008, 07:59 PM
When you're in the playoffs, yes you do. Every team has to prove themselves. That's the whole point.

If you win thats all that matters, winning means you don't have to prove **** to anyone.

PackerLegend
01-13-2008, 08:02 PM
God, I mean Greg Jennings didnt play againist the Giants in week 2 due to injury as well.

Boston
01-13-2008, 08:06 PM

Obviously. The way you're presenting it seems to say you feel the Packers limped through Seattle, and will be lucky to beat the short-handed Giants.

johbur
01-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Game plan is simple;

-Stop the run game

-Make Eli beat us

Maybe that's the defensive game plan, and they do have very good running backs. Offensive game plan:

-Stop best pass rush in the league.

-Unleash Ryan Grant on them to allow them to understand they shouldn't have traded him away for a 6th round pick.

-Do not turn ball over. Cowboys almost doubled the Giants in yardage and had the ball for 13 minutes more that the Giants but ended up losing due to those turnovers.

bearsfan_51
01-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Obviously. The way you're presenting it seems to say you feel the Packers limped through Seattle, and will be lucky to beat the short-handed Giants.

Not at all, I just find it a bit presumptuous that many of you are acting like you've already won. (Particularly the # of you that are saying you'll beat the Pats)

PackerLegend
01-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Not at all, I just find it a bit presumptuous that many of you are acting like you've already won. (Particularly the # of you that are saying you'll beat the Pats)

I haven't seen anybody say that yet. Only remember someone saying "Am I crazy for thinking we match up with the Pats better then any team?" something like that

HEISMANHERSCHEL
01-14-2008, 12:51 AM
I think you match up well against the pats.

But dont overlook G-men. They just played us like a fiddle. It doesnt feel too good right now.

GB12
01-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Ryan Grant will be on PTI today.

roidrunner
01-14-2008, 03:46 PM
i guess i will have to watch it then

GB12
01-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Hmm, wasn't on today. Maybe it's tomorrow.

roidrunner
01-14-2008, 06:15 PM
yea i was waiting for it, and it just never came on. my guess it will come on closer to game day.

Twiddler
01-14-2008, 08:29 PM

I'm guessing if its any day its tomorrow because that is their day off.

The Legend
01-14-2008, 10:39 PM
is it only me or is it everyone, giants scare me a bit

ImBrotherCain
01-14-2008, 10:47 PM
is it only me or is it everyone, giants scare me a bit

To be frank NO! i might be getting ahead of my self but. There depleted secondary cant cover our 5 wide sets. I believe our defense matches up very well with there offense and i say that grant should have an average day and make a few good runs latter in the ball game.

Sportsfan486
01-14-2008, 10:51 PM
To be frank NO! i might be getting ahead of my self but. There depleted secondary cant cover our 5 wide sets. I believe our defense matches up very well with there offense and i say that grant should have an average day and make a few good runs latter in the ball game.

Our offensive strengths match up very well against their defense.
(Uber pass protection, 5-receiver sets, physical run game to stem those blitzes)

Our defensive strengths match up very well against their offense.
(Hard-hitting, physical, great against the run)

I don't see them being able to pass on us in any situation and that will allow us to blow up the run game.

I see us being able to take advantage of their aggressive D and put up points.

Me likey.

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 12:40 AM
i really dont feel like we have too much to fear from the Gmen. I mean we did just shut down Kearney, and the Seahawks running game. Plus our hard hitting defense should put them in line. Plus if Atari plays as well as he did saturday, i will be even more pumped about our chances against the Pats.

Football Fan
01-15-2008, 02:07 AM
is it only me or is it everyone, giants scare me a bitPersonally, after watching the packers destroy the seahawks I think the packers are going to also win big against the giants.
But yes, Damn right im scared. I want the packers in the superbowl as much as anybody.

Favre4ever
01-15-2008, 05:32 AM
That pass rush is scaring me. As long as we contain that we'll be fine. During the Dallas game they couldnt get pressure on Romo but in the second half they just exploded and Romo had somebody in his face on almost everydown. However Dallas did nothing to slow it down; no screens, no draws, no hitches. Which is something we like to do a lot.

The Legend
01-15-2008, 05:42 AM
Personally, after watching the packers destroy the seahawks I think the packers are going to also win big against the giants.
But yes, Damn right im scared. I want the packers in the superbowl as much as anybody.

thats what worrys me going into the game thinking we are gonna throw them around

to be honest it seem like the same thing when we vs the bears both times

umphrey
01-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Skip Bayless quote today from ESPN:

"Their [the Packers] offensive line is dominant and their running game is the best of the remaining playoff teams"

Pretty high praise putting us above the Giants and Chargers. Definitely not what I was expecting to hear.

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 12:57 PM
people are really starting to jump on the GB bandwagon. the only problem i have with that, is that our heads are going to get too big and we might not take the game seriously. kinda like what the cowboys did. i mean jerry jones did give everyone of his players two tickets to the championship game.

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 04:31 PM
ryan grant on PTI in like 10 minutes.

GB12
01-15-2008, 04:31 PM

I'm guessing if its any day its tomorrow because that is their day off.
That is the correct answer. He will be on in 5-10 minutes.

umphrey
01-15-2008, 04:32 PM
I was thinking if Moss had come to GB instead of NE...it would have been a little frustrating because everyone would hail Moss as our savior who brought us from mediocre to elite. On the other hand, it would be nice if we didn't have to play him in 3 weeks.

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 04:32 PM
he is becoming a media darling.

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 04:34 PM
i agree with you on moss. it would of mad moss have a big head and at any moment he could of exploded like he did in minnesota.