PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83

70challenger457
11-26-2006, 07:20 PM
I like Leonard but not a kicker.
from what I've been hearing, Leonard's gunna explode at the combine and will probably go in the second

Yeah I dont think he'll fall that far, but if he does we should take him.He is being compared very closely to Mike Alstott and will most likely be picked in the first day. If he dropped to us in the 4th I would take him but I wouldn't use a first day pick on him. With Rayner kicking pretty well this year and showing lot's of leg strength I think that eliminates the need for a kicker.
kicker or punter is the last thing I look for in the draft. I'll be interested to see how many rookie's we have on next years team. We had like what, 17 rookies on the roster at one point?

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-26-2006, 07:27 PM
well whoever said zbikowski is trash in coverage was right, i really payed attention to it when they played usc this weekend because that is probably going to be the toughest receivers hes going to have to face and i was let down, i often saw him missing tackles and often standing around

70challenger457
11-26-2006, 07:31 PM
man it never gets old watching the bears lose, expecially how they shot themselves in the foot there at the end

11-26-2006, 07:48 PM
man it never gets old watching the bears lose, expecially how they shot themselves in the foot there at the endRex Grossman played well :wink: :lol:

ny10804
11-26-2006, 07:58 PM
If we win tomorow, we'll be right in the thick of the playoff. At 5-6, we'd be 1 game out of a playoff spot, trailing the Seahawks, Giants, and Panthers -- all at 6-5. Here's some linkage (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2668613).

EDIT - this is all assuming that Philly, with Jeff Garcia at the helm for the rest of the season, loses to Indy tonight.

11-26-2006, 08:03 PM
If we win tomorow, we'll be right in the thick of the playoff. At 5-6, we'd be 1 game out of a playoff spot, trailing the Seahawks, Giants, and Panthers -- all at 6-5. Here's some linkage (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2668613).

EDIT - this is all assuming that Philly, with Jeff Garcia at the helm for the rest of the season, loses to Indy tonight.Anyone know if Hasselbeck is playing???

GB12
11-26-2006, 08:15 PM

EDIT - this is all assuming that Philly, with Jeff Garcia at the helm for the rest of the season, loses to Indy tonight.Anyone know if Hasselbeck is playing???

He is.

jackalope
11-26-2006, 08:55 PM
man it never gets old watching the bears lose, expecially how they shot themselves in the foot there at the endgreat game to watch if you hate the bears. i liked it when they iced the kicker and he missed it, but then made it after the time-out. how many picks did rex throw?

bearsfan_51
11-26-2006, 08:59 PM
We lost 17-13 on the road, you lost 35-0 at home.

I realize your season is a wash and you have very little to be happy about, but let's try to keep things in perspective here eh?

jackalope
11-26-2006, 09:01 PM

I realize your season is a wash and you have very little to be happy about, but let's try to keep things in perspective here eh?let us enjoy the moment. you lost today and we didn't

bearsfan_51
11-26-2006, 09:02 PM

I realize your season is a wash and you have very little to be happy about, but let's try to keep things in perspective here eh?let us enjoy the moment. you lost today and we didn't
You'll lose tommorow.

GB12
11-26-2006, 10:16 PM

You'll lose tommorow.

shhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

roughrider30
11-27-2006, 12:42 AM

You'll lose tommorow.

i guess that will make up for your bears losing huh?

TitleTown088
11-27-2006, 01:16 AM

I realize your season is a wash and you have very little to be happy about, but let's try to keep things in perspective here eh?

you come in the packers thread to talk **** after you lose? are you really that curious as t what packer fans have to say?

WiskyPride
11-27-2006, 01:19 AM
Please vote for Wisconsin guys.

http://capitalonebowl.com/Voting/Default.aspx?ret=472

We need all the votes we can get. :)

Also, posting this addy at other sites you visit would be a BIG help to actually winning it this year.

70challenger457
11-27-2006, 05:30 AM

You'll lose tommorow.
yeah well f*** you
J/K, I know we'll lose

bearsfan_51
11-27-2006, 07:57 AM

you come in the packers thread to talk *********** after you lose? are you really that curious as t what packer fans have to say?
You call that talking ****? I was just pointing out the facts. Don't bring up the Bears if you don't want me talking about them.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-27-2006, 10:51 AM
I like Nick Barnett and I think he's a good guy, but I was on Packersnews.com forums and a guy was commenting on the topic of Barnett not playing, and said he got a new agent-he didn't have a source so take it for what it's worth, but Barnett's one of the guys on the brink of being resigned or not resigned. So I think Hodge's performance is big tonight in that decision, and especially if Barnett misses a couple of weeks. It just wierd he had like 190 tackles last year and has led the team his first three years, but A.J. is leading in the tackle department over him by 20 plus already and has really been all over the place so far in the second half of the season, so it makes you wonder who the superior player is.

Barnett is excellent in coverage in my opinion with the stats to prove it and I think he is faster than Hawk but Hawk is the better all around athlete, stronger and has more explosion into everything he does. So I think his best position would be on the weakside, where Hawk is.

I don't know but we'll see what happens tonight.

johbur
11-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Rex Grossman sure is looking like he could take Chicago past the first round of the playoffs, where they've lost at home the past two times they've actually been in the playoffs over the last decade+.

We'll see how tonight goes with Hasselbeck and SA back in. I personally am hoping AG gashes them worse than Firsco did on the ground. It'd be nice to see a return to running the ball.

ny10804
11-27-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing Abdul play tonight. My guess is that the Hawks running game won't get going, and they'll exploit Abdul and Poop's inferior pass coverage. If Hasselbeck gets on a roll, it will get ugly fast.

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-27-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing Abdul play tonight. My guess is that the Hawks running game won't get going, and they'll exploit Abdul and Poop's inferior pass coverage. If Hasselbeck gets on a roll, it will get ugly fast.in my fantasy league, im up by 5.5 points and i have hodge left, and he has deion branch, so it should be interesting :lol: ill be taping the game and putting it on my zune so i can watch it again and again, so hopefully well win

drowe
11-27-2006, 02:37 PM

51, i hope you enjoy your 1 playoff game this year.

bearsfan_51
11-27-2006, 02:44 PM

Wanna make a bet we win our first playoff game?

drowe
11-27-2006, 03:03 PM

what kinda bet?

bearsfan_51
11-27-2006, 03:06 PM

what kinda bet?
Bears lose you get a cookie. Bears win I murder your family.

I dunno..whatever...sig, avatar, something stupid in the profile, loser has to take Yodachu out on an E-date. You pick.

drowe
11-27-2006, 03:09 PM
loser leaves town.

bearsfan_51
11-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Hell nawh. I'm way too important to this place for that to happen. :lol: Besides, if you leave I'll have nobody to argue with.

Daring bet though, I commend you for that. I'm certainly not that confident in my assertion. Unless you planned on leaving and getting a new name anyway.

drowe
11-27-2006, 03:23 PM
that's cool. wasn't bluffing or planning on leaving or anything...sometimes i do stupid crap without worrying about the consequenses (see richards, michael). but, now its a win-win for me....if the bears win and i end up annoying the hell outa you post-january, i'll know that in the back of your mind you'll be thinking, "dammit, i had a chance to get rid of this ass clown, but i didn't have the balls."

how about a line in the loser's sig, written by the winner declaring the superiority of the winner's franchise...?

bearsfan_51
11-27-2006, 03:30 PM
that's cool. wasn't bluffing or planning on leaving or anything...sometimes i do stupid crap without worrying about the consequenses (see richards, michael). but, now its a win-win for me....if the bears win and i end up annoying the hell outa you post-january, i'll know that in the back of your mind you'll be thinking, "dammit, i had a chance to get rid of this ass clown, but i didn't have the balls."

how about a line in the loser's sig, written by the winner declaring the superiority of the winner's franchise...?
Yeah that works. We'll have it last till the end of the playoffs.

drowe
11-27-2006, 03:31 PM

Yeah that works. We'll have it last till the end of the playoffs.

works for me.

11-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Drowe is so daring.

roidrunner
11-27-2006, 07:11 PM
i liked the idea of a E-date.

jackalope
11-27-2006, 08:29 PM
our defense is looking great :D 3 turnovers so far.

roughrider30
11-27-2006, 08:42 PM
This has been a really sloppy game for both teams so far.

We need to get some kind of rushing attack going.

jackalope
11-27-2006, 08:59 PM
:lol: :lol: great play Hodge. way to make an impact.

roughrider30
11-27-2006, 09:01 PM
:lol: :lol: great play Hodge. way to make an impact.

right place at the right time. :D KGB got in there in a hurry

jpapa4490
11-27-2006, 09:16 PM
We should be killing the seahawks, whats up with our offense. Lets get sumthin goin boys.

someone447
11-27-2006, 10:15 PM
I will up that bet, loser has to put it in for the rest of their time here.

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-27-2006, 10:29 PM
**** that roughing the passer..what the ****

jackalope
11-27-2006, 10:31 PM
*********** that roughing the passer..what the *********** :evil: that was terrible. i'm so pissed off.

bigthonky7
11-27-2006, 10:31 PM
the roughing the passer call was teerable u cant touch the qb now.

GB12
11-27-2006, 10:42 PM
well and that to the list of games we' ve thrown away.

70challenger457
11-27-2006, 10:45 PM
How is it possible to call that roughing the passer. His head was not touched he hit him as the ball was coming out causing a deflection, it's not possible

jpapa4490
11-27-2006, 10:47 PM
That roughing the passer changed the course of the game. It would have been 4th down, we get the ball back possibly score and take the lead. and our special teams coverage sucks major wiener.

ny10804
11-27-2006, 11:07 PM
I must've underestimated Nick Barnett's ability in the run-game, cause our defense was porous tonight. I noticed must of the big gains came on cutbacks and redirections, typically where the MLB should be containing. I'd give Abdul a B tonight.

Windy
11-27-2006, 11:17 PM
wtf

you guys are fo real. better get yo popcorn ready cause its gonna be a show. see you guys in miami in january

TitleTown088
11-27-2006, 11:19 PM
I must've underestimated Nick Barnett's ability in the run-game, cause our defense was porous tonight. I noticed must of the big gains came on cutbacks and redirections, typically where the MLB should be containing. I'd give Abdul a B tonight.

Barnett is a must resign, and i am not one to ***** about the refs too much, but there were some very bad calls agianst the pack tonight, especially the roughing the passer one. How did they manage to piss that away with 4 TO's , terrible.
As soon as the snow left, our defense left with it.

TitleTown088
11-27-2006, 11:20 PM
wtf

you guys are fo real. better get yo popcorn ready cause its gonna be a show. see you guys in miami in january
**** off.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Wow, Barnett won't meet the runner in the backfield and make those amazing plays against the run, but he sure as hell wouldn't let a 200 yarder get put up on us. I thought it was them just exposing the right side of our line using their left side of the offensive line even worse than New England did, but apparently Alexander saw something that made him take everything left and just cut back and get big yards, but for whatever reason, every time they ran it to our left-their right, they didn't get anything, maybe because Pickett, Kampman and Hawk are on that side, I don't know.

But, regardless, the defense can't win the game everytime, the offense is atrocious, if the Seahawks could tackle better they would've held us to under 10 points. I've gotta give props to a few guys for hitting hard, I know the Packers were hitting harder than Seattle was.

And I don't wanna hear anything from anybody saying Charles Woodson isn't a great corner.(not talking to the Packers fans on here, cause you guys know), I know one pick got tipped up to him, but he had 2 picks, 3 pass deflections and was active in the run game, gave up only 1 catch that I can remember in the entire game, which was D Jack's catch on the right side of the end zone that he could really do nothing about. My reason for this is that people have underrated his play a few times on this board and especially on Packersnews.com, and I was listening to ESPN radio Milwaukee this morning they're saying he's "above average at best, TT has a lot to learn about building a team" -umm he built the majority of the Seahawks team that just stuck it to us. THE HELL ARE THEY SMOKING.You can question a few of his decisions in other places on this team but ya can't say Chuck Woodson isn't a great player.

TitleTown088
11-28-2006, 12:15 AM
what happened to collins?

Pokeys
11-28-2006, 12:18 AM

Something with his Hamstring.

TitleTown088
11-28-2006, 12:59 AM

Something with his Hamstring.

really?

Pokeys
11-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Yeah Im not to sure how serious it is though. Hammy injurys are a itch though because even if they arent too serious they linger.

TitleTown088
11-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Hell nawh. I'm way too important to this place for that to happen. :lol: Besides, if you leave I'll have nobody to argue with.

Daring bet though, I commend you for that. I'm certainly not that confident in my assertion. Unless you planned on leaving and getting a new name anyway.

pusss.........

TitleTown088
11-28-2006, 02:27 AM
anyone else notice how they had they started at like midfield after every kickoff? coverage on the kickoffs was bad.

roidrunner
11-28-2006, 04:03 AM
wow we totally just gave it up on the second half, like a girl on junior prom. :oops:

The Legend
11-28-2006, 04:06 AM
wow we totally just gave it up on the second half, like a girl on junior prom. :oops:

it look like a good start in the 2nd half when frave and driver hook up but then its went to flames

70challenger457
11-28-2006, 06:34 AM

it look like a good start in the 2nd half when frave and driver hook up but then its went to flames
yeah, it was just a no good situation. There were so many missed tackles, bad calls, it pissed me off

70challenger457
11-28-2006, 06:37 AM
Hodge played alright, missed some tackles but made some plays, that had to be awsome scoring that touchdown for him

11-28-2006, 06:38 AM

yeah, it was just a no good situation. There were so many missed tackles, bad calls, it pissed me offThat game was hard to watch at the end.

The Legend
11-28-2006, 08:18 AM

yeah, it was just a no good situation. There were so many missed tackles, bad calls, it pissed me offThat game was hard to watch at the end.

I HATE THAT REF AHHHHHHH JENKINS SHOULD NOT HAVE GOT A FLAG THATS SO BS

11-28-2006, 08:38 AM

I HATE THAT REF AHHHHHHH JENKINS SHOULD NOT HAVE GOT A FLAG THATS SO BSCan't forget the delay of game call, or the holding call in the endzone.

The Legend
11-28-2006, 08:39 AM

I HATE THAT REF AHHHHHHH JENKINS SHOULD NOT HAVE GOT A FLAG THATS SO BSCan't forget the delay of game call, or the holding call in the endzone.

ya but with jenkins it was not our fault

drowe
11-28-2006, 09:25 AM
some thoughts

-yeah, the call against Jenkins was the worst call i've seen this year. period. the dude even held his arms up to show the ref that he wasn't driving the QB to the ground and STILL got flagged. horrible call and it added 7 points for the Hawks. an apology is in order for that one.

-kick coverage sucked balls. holy crap, the duder had a lane every damn time. somebody's head should roll for that.

-this game was a 3 hour Favre Love Fest. even I was getting annoyed.

-Jimmy Kimmel was pretty funny though.

-WHERE WAS THE BLITZING?! seemed pretty obvious we weren't gonna get any pressure on Hasselbeck rushing 4. but they never freaking blitzed.

-DB's made some marked improvement in zone coverage. very good to see.

-RIP playoff chances. slim shot to begin with, so my heart isn't broken.

The Legend
11-28-2006, 09:28 AM
some thoughts

-yeah, the call against Jenkins was the worst call i've seen this year. period. the dude even held his arms up to show the ref that he wasn't driving the QB to the ground and STILL got flagged. horrible call and it added 7 points for the Hawks. an apology is in order for that one.

-kick coverage sucked balls. holy crap, the duder had a lane every damn time. somebody's head should roll for that.

-WHERE WAS THE BLITZING?! seemed pretty obvious we weren't gonna get any pressure on Hasselbeck rushing 4. but they never freaking blitzed.

-RIP playoff chances. slim shot to begin with, so my heart isn't broken.

KAMPMAN WAS OUT THE PICTURE

TitleTown088
11-28-2006, 12:36 PM
kimmels and bits , the kimmelayas.

johbur
11-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Well, another painful game.

-Where was the run defense? Is Barnett the only one who can stop the run? Time for KGB to be a situational pass-rusher only. He was pwned by WJ on the run game.

-C-Wood with a stellar game. Great anticipation on his second pick, looking for the ball on his first pick. Turned a TD into a FG with the PD in the endzone. I would like to see him integrated into the offense next year. He's got to be as good as Ruvell Martin and Robert Ferguson. C-Wood should be out there on our 4 receiver package. Considering we've been signing guys off the street and sticking them in the game (Chris Francies) the only reason to not have C-Wood as a WR would be injury risk. I say put him in and get your 10 million's worth outta him.

-I'd give Abdul Hodge a C for a game. He had a TD, but also gave a 2 pt conversion and a TD up in coverage. Given that SA had 201, Hodge wasn't where he needed to be in the run game either, but it was his first game.

-I hated the three runs and playing for the attempted field goal by McCarthy. Weather shmeather. Go after your opponent!

-Farve threw a really bad pick down the sideline. That's a give-up on the game type play. The pick he threw that was to Bubba was not a bad decision, it was just a bad throw. It needed to be a yard shorter and two feet taller and Bubba would have been able to get it. Bubba has 15 catches this year. I will be placing TE as a Day One need, unless they get a good one via FA.

- **** the refs. That was a homer garbage call on Jenkins. That one call shifted the game over to Seattle. The defense had stopped them, Offense would have been back on the field maybe to get a field goal, but instead they get points off that drive. A shame that referee karma returned to Seattle from the SB on us.

-Offensive line a need in the off-season as well. If TT can find another masher like Spitz the line would be looking pretty good. Evidently Junius Coston won't be seeing the field. Also need to look for a G/C type as Chris White not around.

-FA crop of LBs could be interesting. Is going after Cato June or Lance Briggs worth the money? I want to Barnett paid, AJ's good to go, but the third LB spot needs to be shored up. B-Pop just not the man he needs to be in coverage.

-Last up: Ted Ginn to the Packers in Scott's most recent mock. Boo-Yah! I'd rather have Landry or Revis (esecially if they're not going to pay Al, which they should do), but Ginn and his 4.3 speed, big-game experience, outdoor experience in the cold and also return ability would make me a lot more happy than Marshawn Lynch.

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
yuck ginn? id rather have lynch...return game is another reason why i thought we should pick up hester last year, i remember telling us to get him and all you guys laughed..haha theres gotta be someone in this years class though

roughrider30
11-28-2006, 02:45 PM
yuck ginn? id rather have lynch...return game is another reason why i thought we should pick up hester last year, i remember telling us to get him in the fourth and all you guys laughed..haha

i still dont like the idea of drafting a 3rd WR in the first round. dont forget we have Robison coming back too.

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-28-2006, 03:41 PM
yuck ginn? id rather have lynch...return game is another reason why i thought we should pick up hester last year, i remember telling us to get him in the fourth and all you guys laughed..haha

i still dont like the idea of drafting a 3rd WR in the first round. dont forget we have Robison coming back too.yeah im almost sold on lynch, i dont really want peterson though..i would take calvin johnson, i dont care if robinson comes back or not however

11-28-2006, 03:59 PM
some thoughts

-RIP playoff chances. slim shot to begin with, so my heart isn't broken. Our special teams is easily one of the worst in the league over the past couple years. Does anyone remember the last time we had a good return??? Honestly I may have missed a few kickoffs but I have seen the majority and the last one I can remember was Robert Ferguson 2 years ago when he returned to like Minnesota's 40.

70challenger457
11-28-2006, 04:39 PM
some thoughts

-RIP playoff chances. slim shot to begin with, so my heart isn't broken. Our special teams is easily one of the worst in the league over the past couple years. Does anyone remember the last time we had a good return??? Honestly I may have missed a few kickoffs but I have seen the majority and the last one I can remember was Robert Ferguson 2 years ago when he returned to like Minnesota's 40.
it's really sad and really true

Boston
11-28-2006, 05:05 PM
I hate Bubba Franks. :twisted: Honestly, he has trouble catching, and when he catches the ball, he isn't able to make anything happen after the catch.

70challenger457
11-28-2006, 05:09 PM
I hate Bubba Franks. :twisted: Honestly, he has trouble catching, and when he catches the ball, he isn't able to make anything happen after the catch.
bout the only thing he can do these days is block

roughrider30
11-28-2006, 05:29 PM
bout the only thing he can do these days is block

Martin was doing a good job in the passing game for a while, but i dont know what has happened to him lately.

TE has got to be addressed this offseason.

Moses
11-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Packers Big Board (Round 1)

1. Calvin Johnson : Simply cannot pass up a talent like this. Will be a huge boost to a receiving corps with no depth beyong Jennings and the aging Driver.

2. Adrian Peterson - The best running back in the draft. Plug him into the offence and he'll give you a solid 25 carries a game. The only thing I don't like about him is that he hasn't shown the ability to be a receiving threat.

3. Marshawn Lynch - Easily the 2nd best running back in the draft. Very versatile and a great fit for the offence. Has no real weaknesses in his game.

4. Dwayne Jarrett - Big receiver that is a matchup nightmare, especially in the red zone. Would likely earn the 3rd receiver spot in his rookie season. Very intriguing future combination of Jennings and Jarrett.

5. Ted Ginn Jr. - Speedy receiver with big-time potential. His hands are inconsistent but Ginn has the physical ability to be amoung the elite receivers in the league. Would also make an immediate impact returning kicks and punts.

That's my big board right now. As you can see, all the players are either running backs or wide receivers. I think it's clear that those are the Packers' biggest needs right now.

roughrider30
11-28-2006, 06:09 PM

1. Calvin Johnson : Simply cannot pass up a talent like this. Will be a huge boost to a receiving corps with no depth beyong Jennings and the aging Driver.

2. Adrian Peterson - The best running back in the draft. Plug him into the offence and he'll give you a solid 25 carries a game. The only thing I don't like about him is that he hasn't shown the ability to be a receiving threat.

3. Marshawn Lynch - Easily the 2nd best running back in the draft. Very versatile and a great fit for the offence. Has no real weaknesses in his game.

4. Dwayne Jarrett - Big receiver that is a matchup nightmare, especially in the red zone. Would likely earn the 3rd receiver spot in his rookie season. Very intriguing future combination of Jennings and Jarrett.

5. Ted Ginn Jr. - Speedy receiver with big-time potential. His hands are inconsistent but Ginn has the physical ability to be amoung the elite receivers in the league. Would also make an immediate impact returning kicks and punts.

That's my big board right now. As you can see, all the players are either running backs or wide receivers. I think it's clear that those are the Packers' biggest needs right now.

I agree with all of that, but i would put Ginn above Jerrett because i think Ginn has more potential and i love his speed.

Moses
11-28-2006, 06:14 PM

I agree with all of that, but i would put Ginn above Jerrett because i think Ginn has more potential and i love his speed.

I debated back and forth about this.

Packers don't have a redzone threat and Jarrett fills that role perfectly. Also, the Packers don't have any big receivers where as they do have a speedster (Jennings). I think Jarrett/Jennings is a more effective duo than Ginn Jr./Jennings.

However, adding Ginn Jr. to the Packers also has it's advantages. For one, there is the impact he would have on special teams. Ginn Jr. would immediately become the starter at both the punt return and kick return positions and would likely solve the problems the Packers have had at those positions for years now. Also, Ginn Jr. gives the Packers the ability to use his versatility by throwing him screens, slants, etc. The Packers don't really have that all-purpose weapon on offence and Ginn Jr. could be very effective in that role.

All in all, it's basically a toss up between the two players and it comes down to what the Packers are looking for.

Boston
11-28-2006, 07:06 PM
How great was that to see Stevens get jacked up three times in one game. Once by Poppinga, one by Manuel, and the third one escapes me.

11-28-2006, 07:18 PM
How great was that to see Stevens get jacked up three times in one game. Once by Poppinga, one by Manuel, and the third one escapes me.Collins I think

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-28-2006, 08:01 PM
How great was that to see Stevens get jacked up three times in one game. Once by Poppinga, one by Manuel, and the third one escapes me.Collins I thinkyep collins for sure.

id be happy with jarret or lynch in the first

PACKmanN
11-28-2006, 10:42 PM
this is what we need to do in the offseason.

1. Replace Manuel with Mike Doss
2. Draft a OLB to replace Poppinga or give Barnett the money and move him to the outside.
3. Get A better TE
4. Draft Marshawn Lynch
5. Fire our DB coach
6. Make our DL or LB coach our DC
7. Get more players for our ST team.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Mike Doss' problem with Indy is his coverage skills.

Windy
11-28-2006, 11:06 PM
what happened to ingle martini?

TitleTown088
11-28-2006, 11:36 PM
he might be number two on the depth chart now , kinda up for grabs i heard.

anyways i would love if they packers got CJ moses, but i don't think it will happen. Could anyone else see TT trading down in the first round? i think he might do it, but maybe not.

roughrider30
11-28-2006, 11:48 PM

anyways i would love if they packers got CJ moses, but i don't think it will happen. Could anyone else see TT trading down in the first round? i think he might do it, but maybe not.

I could see him doing that just from his track record, but i think the last year he was going for quantity and this year i think he will focus more on quality now that we know ,for the most part, our main needs unlike the last year when we had many big holes.

TitleTown088
11-29-2006, 12:36 AM

I could see him doing that just from his track record, but i think the last year he was going for quantity and this year i think he will focus more on quality now that we know ,for the most part, our main needs unlike the last year when we had many big holes.
yeah iknow what you mean but a couple 2nd rounders might not hurt. I'd rather have a big time playmaker though.

sik wit it
11-29-2006, 01:11 AM

yeah iknow what you mean but a couple 2nd rounders might not hurt. I'd rather have a big time playmaker though.
it'd be great to get a player that changes the entire division like Randy Moss did. After the packers got torched by Moss, they drafted three defensive backs and that still didn't solve the problem. A deep threat and red zone threat that we could rely on would be great for not only Favre but Rodgers.

The Legend
11-29-2006, 10:09 AM
hey tell me what you guys think about this , what if the packers trade there 1st round pick for the Patriots two 1st rounders

then we cane maybe get a running back and wideout

Dwayne Jarrett & Lawrence Jackson

LaRon Landry & Jeff Samardzija

Dwayne Jarrett & Michael Griffin

Green Bay Packers 2007-2008 Defense Starting Roster Salary

K Gbaja Biamila
6.00M
C Woodson
5.89M
A Kampman
4.16M
R Pickett
3.15M
A Hawk
3.15M
A Harris
2.47M
M Manue
1.55M
N Barnett
1.06M
N Collins
B Poppinga
C Williams
Contract Is Up
Total
30M (Around)

So You Know
B Favre (12.6) & A Rodgers (2.4)
15.0M

#1 Player Need To Be Cut
R Ferguson
2.59M

Moses
11-29-2006, 11:31 AM

I don't see it happening either but you still need to include him on the Packer's big board.

PacMan
11-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Bubba gets paid wayyyy too much to just block....Why we would we ever get rid of Poppinga, he's a stud...not very talented but plays his heart out...and he's a very good pass rusher.....Jennings looked decent on punt returns....when is Woodson gonna get a shot on offense?? .....Id be happy with Ginn or Lynch...they look like the real deal. Just a few thoughts.

P.S. Yeah they talked Favre up big time Mon., but at least he's getting respect. Not like last year when everyone doubted him.

The Legend
11-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Bubba gets paid wayyyy too much to just block....Why we would we ever get rid of Poppinga, he's a stud...not very talented but plays his heart out...and he's a very good pass rusher.....Jennings looked decent on punt returns....when is Woodson gonna get a shot on offense?? .....Id be happy with Ginn or Lynch...they look like the real deal. Just a few thoughts.

P.S. Yeah they talked Favre up big time Mon., but at least he's getting respect. Not like last year when everyone doubted him.

i was not saying get rid of anyone i was writing down there salery

70challenger457
11-29-2006, 12:11 PM

bubba gets paid too much to block and KGB gets paid too much to get blocked, two guys we could definatly live without

The Legend
11-29-2006, 12:14 PM

bubba gets paid too much to block and KGB gets paid too much to get blocked, two guys we could definatly live without

bubba and kgb combine for 9.02m thats alot of money

sik wit it
11-29-2006, 12:32 PM

yeah the mormon plays his heart out and i respect that but that can only get you so far. He HAS to improve his coverage skills or else he needs to get yanked. They always give Favre love, last year was the first time people could take a shot at Favre because of his play so they had to seize the opportunity.

Moses
11-29-2006, 01:19 PM
hey tell me what you guys think about this , what if the packers trade there 1st round pick for the Patriots two 1st rounders

then we cane maybe get a running back and wideout

Dwayne Jarrett & Lawrence Jackson

LaRon Landry & Jeff Samardzija

Dwayne Jarrett & Michael Griffin

Green Bay Packers 2007-2008 Defense Starting Roster Salary

K Gbaja Biamila
6.00M
C Woodson
5.89M
A Kampman
4.16M
R Pickett
3.15M
A Hawk
3.15M
A Harris
2.47M
M Manue
1.55M
N Barnett
1.06M
N Collins
B Poppinga
C Williams
Contract Is Up
Total
30M (Around)

So You Know
B Favre (12.6) & A Rodgers (2.4)
15.0M

#1 Player Need To Be Cut
R Ferguson
2.59M

Packers would probably want to trade down but I doubt they'll be able to find a suitor. There's no way New England would give up their two picks for a mid-1st pick. The top tier talent in this draft is pretty shallow.

I can definitely see the Packers trading down later in the draft and with Ted Thompson running the draft this is a distinct possibility. It's a bit early to predict this sort of thing but the Packers will likely end up with more draft picks than they started with.

TitleTown088
11-29-2006, 01:37 PM

is there anyway to dump these guys with minimal damage?

Moses
11-29-2006, 01:42 PM

is there anyway to dump these guys with minimal damage?

Packers will take a huge cap hit but they can afford it right now. I wouldn't dump either though. The Packers have very little depth at DE and KGB is clearly the only player who can be a legitimate starter. Franks could be let go but the Packers need to find another tight end before they pull the trigger. I wouldn't oppose taking one early in the draft if they represented good value. The importance of a quality TE can often be forgotten about, especially if Rodgers is going to start for the Packers soon.

TitleTown088
11-29-2006, 01:51 PM
anyone agree with this about our WR's because i think it is right and is why we don't need a WR early in the draft.
To get a deep threat, the guy doesn't have to be a tall guy like Walker was. A short burner like Santana Moss or Steve Smith is just as valuable. Driver and Jennings are both perfect wc receivers, good route runners, sure hands, fearless over the middle, lots of YAC (for all wr's, Driver is #1 in total YAC, Jennings is #1 in % of yards from YAC). A third receiver with the speed to come in and stretch the field will take a lot of the double coverages off DD and GJ as nickle corners will need safety help a lot. It would be the perfect compliment to our guys, yet not necessarily needed every play meaning DD and GJ would stay the starters. Short guys don't get drafted as high, so we could probably get a good one in the second or third. As long as the guy has speed and good hands. Polished route running isn't necessary for a guy that always runs flys and posts. Once we get KR back we would have an awsome group of wr's.

70challenger457
11-29-2006, 04:39 PM
anyone agree with this about our WR's because i think it is right and is why we don't need a WR early in the draft.
To get a deep threat, the guy doesn't have to be a tall guy like Walker was. A short burner like Santana Moss or Steve Smith is just as valuable. Driver and Jennings are both perfect wc receivers, good route runners, sure hands, fearless over the middle, lots of YAC (for all wr's, Driver is #1 in total YAC, Jennings is #1 in % of yards from YAC). A third receiver with the speed to come in and stretch the field will take a lot of the double coverages off DD and GJ as nickle corners will need safety help a lot. It would be the perfect compliment to our guys, yet not necessarily needed every play meaning DD and GJ would stay the starters. Short guys don't get drafted as high, so we could probably get a good one in the second or third. As long as the guy has speed and good hands. Polished route running isn't necessary for a guy that always runs flys and posts. Once we get KR back we would have an awsome group of wr's.
couldln't have said it better myself

Nitschke-Hawk
11-29-2006, 04:40 PM
I've voiced my interest in a speed burner but I'd really like a matchup problem type guy, to me that's Dwayne Jarrett, Nobody has the corners to cover Dwayne Jarrett, Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, and Koren Robinson, and every one of these guys can make a dumb or inaccurate throw look good, it also would allow Bubba or a back to block in the backfield or next to the Tackles, also, you can't put eight in the box to stuff the run in any situation and it would make this offense score atleast 4 more points a game on average.

70challenger457
11-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I've voiced my interest in a speed burner but I'd really like a matchup problem type guy, to me that's Dwayne Jarrett, Nobody has the corners to cover Dwayne Jarrett, Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, and Koren Robinson, and every one of these guys can make a dumb or inaccurate throw look good, it also would allow Bubba or a back to block in the backfield or next to the Tackles, also, you can't put eight in the box to stuff the run in any situation and it would make this offense score atleast 4 more points a game on average.
Jarrett fits the system the best but I'm not a beliver in drafting WR first round, just look at our two starters

TitleTown088
11-29-2006, 04:57 PM
I've voiced my interest in a speed burner but I'd really like a matchup problem type guy, to me that's Dwayne Jarrett, Nobody has the corners to cover Dwayne Jarrett, Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, and Koren Robinson, and every one of these guys can make a dumb or inaccurate throw look good, it also would allow Bubba or a back to block in the backfield or next to the Tackles, also, you can't put eight in the box to stuff the run in any situation and it would make this offense score atleast 4 more points a game on average.the packers dont need to spend a first rounder to get a burner.

roidrunner
11-29-2006, 05:10 PM
we need a running back, Lynch would be amazing. but as denver has shown, you dont need a high pick at running back to find a winner.

GB12
11-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Ive we take a WR I want it to be a big guy not a burner.

70challenger457
11-29-2006, 05:24 PM
we need a running back, Lynch would be amazing. but as denver has shown, you dont need a high pick at running back to find a winner.
were not quite up to denver's level of play yet in the offensive line

Nitschke-Hawk
11-29-2006, 10:53 PM
I've voiced my interest in a speed burner but I'd really like a matchup problem type guy, to me that's Dwayne Jarrett, Nobody has the corners to cover Dwayne Jarrett, Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, and Koren Robinson, and every one of these guys can make a dumb or inaccurate throw look good, it also would allow Bubba or a back to block in the backfield or next to the Tackles, also, you can't put eight in the box to stuff the run in any situation and it would make this offense score atleast 4 more points a game on average.the packers dont need to spend a first rounder to get a burner.

I didn't say anything about a burner in the first round.

TitleTown088
11-30-2006, 12:56 AM

I didn't say anything about a burner in the first round.

but you said jerrett, wont he go first round?

RockJock07
11-30-2006, 02:34 AM
Guys, I just joined tonight, I believe that the Pack needs a RB first, which one would you choose. I agree that WR is a need, but this year's class is sp deep that they can find a WR in the 3rd or 4th round.

70challenger457
11-30-2006, 06:48 AM
Guys, I just joined tonight, I believe that the Pack needs a RB first, which one would you choose. I agree that WR is a need, but this year's class is sp deep that they can find a WR in the 3rd or 4th round.
We've pretty much come to the agreement that we would perfer Marchawn Lynch in the first but also getting a Jerret type reciver to compliment DD and Jenings

11-30-2006, 08:45 AM
We've pretty much come to the agreement that we would perfer Marchawn Lynch in the first but also getting a Jerret type reciver to compliment DD and JeningsI think I would rather have Adrian Peterson, but the reality of him falling to us is slim. Marshawn Lynch is a close second though and I would take him gladly.

70challenger457
11-30-2006, 11:39 AM
We've pretty much come to the agreement that we would perfer Marchawn Lynch in the first but also getting a Jerret type reciver to compliment DD and JeningsI think I would rather have Adrian Peterson, but the reality of him falling to us is slim. Marshawn Lynch is a close second though and I would take him gladly.
agreed, plus I don't remember ever hearing about Lynch missing any games

TitleTown088
11-30-2006, 02:02 PM
very true.

roughrider30
11-30-2006, 02:34 PM

true, but pedersons injuries have been freak injuries. it would be different if he tore something but it is just a broken collerbone, so im not too worried about his durability.

I would take Pederson over Lynch without a doubt, but id still be happy with Lynch tho

sik wit it
11-30-2006, 03:08 PM

true, but pedersons injuries have been freak injuries. it would be different if he tore something but it is just a broken collerbone, so im not too worried about his durability.

I would take Pederson over Lynch without a doubt, but id still be happy with Lynch tho
even with AP having "freak injuries" i still wouldn't want him. Seeing how injuries have killed our teams the last couple of the years, I want a reliable guy.

GB12
11-30-2006, 04:05 PM
I think Lynch will fit our offense better, but Peterson isn't someone to pass up.

RockJock07
11-30-2006, 05:09 PM
I think Lynch would be great, and speaking of RB's with injuries, what about Michael Bush? He's probably gonna slip to round 2, depending on his work out numbers, so take ginn jr. or Jarrett with the first pick and hope that Bush falls to the Pack in the second. thoughts?

Boston
11-30-2006, 05:10 PM
I think Lynch would be great, and speaking of RB's with injuries, what about Michael Bush? He's probably gonna slip to round 2, depending on his work out numbers, so take ginn jr. or Jarrett with the first pick and hope that Bush falls to the Pack in the second. thoughts?

Doubt it. Thompson isn't really the kind of guy to "hope" a player falls to him.

roidrunner
11-30-2006, 05:11 PM

Doubt it. Thompson isn't really the kind of guy to "hope" a player falls to him.

Bush will be a ron dayne. rather would have lynch.

Moses
11-30-2006, 05:13 PM

I like Bush and think he'll have a successful NFL career but I don't think he's a good fit for the Packers system. I wouldn't be opposed to picking him up in the 2nd round if we didn't pick a RB in the 1st round but I wouldn't depend on it if we have a shot at Lynch or Peterson in the 1st.

GB12
11-30-2006, 05:36 PM

Bush will be a ron dayne. rather would have lynch.

Says the guy with the Bush sig. :wink: :lol: :lol:

roidrunner
11-30-2006, 05:38 PM
ha ha ha. He is a great college player, but i just do not think he will amount to anything in the NFL. and i go to the university of Louisville.

70challenger457
11-30-2006, 06:59 PM
ha ha ha. He is a great college player, but i just do not think he will amount to anything in the NFL. and i go to the university of Louisville.
I see him being a carbon copy of Eric Shelton, Louisvill back thats big but tries to pussyfoot around and doesn't bring the power they should

jackalope
11-30-2006, 08:20 PM
i don't want a receiver in the 1st unless somehow it's Johnson. i think Lynch would be a great fit.

ny10804
11-30-2006, 09:04 PM
My Big Board

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Gaines Adams
4. Marshawn Lynch
5. Quentin Moses
6. LaRon Landry
7. Leon Hall
8. Joe Thomas
9. Ted Ginn Jr.
10. Amobi Okoye

70challenger457
11-30-2006, 09:37 PM
i don't want a receiver in the 1st unless somehow it's Johnson. i think Lynch would be a great fit.
I don't belive in draft WR in the first, there are lots of examples

bearsfan_51
11-30-2006, 10:44 PM
There are lots of examples for every position, that doesn't mean WR's are more likely to bust or can't turn out to be stars. Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, and your very own Sterling Sharpe were all 1st round guys.

TitleTown088
11-30-2006, 11:04 PM
There are lots of examples for every position, that doesn't mean WR's are more likely to bust or can't turn out to be stars. Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, and your very own Sterling Sharpe were all 1st round guys.

yeah, but so was troy williamson :lol:

4pAc
12-01-2006, 01:04 AM

yeah, but so was David Terrell :lol:

RockJock07
12-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Well the D-line needs help to, Adams would be great to replace KGB, but taking a DL that high (top 10) is always SO, SO risky. Look, it really doesn't matter who they bring it, they just need to have an impact right away. Jerrett and Lynch would. What about Joe Thomas, Thompson has said he'll take the best player when they pick, I don't think Thomas will be there but what if he slips like Aaron Rodgers did?

Moses
12-01-2006, 02:54 AM
Well the D-line needs help to, Adams would be great to replace KGB, but taking a DL that high (top 10) is always SO, SO risky. Look, it really doesn't matter who they bring it, they just need to have an impact right away. Jerrett and Lynch would. What about Joe Thomas, Thompson has said he'll take the best player when they pick, I don't think Thomas will be there but what if he slips like Aaron Rodgers did?

Adams seems like a redundant pick to me. He's basically the same type of player as KGB. An undersized DE that really only makes an impact against the pass.

70challenger457
12-01-2006, 07:31 AM
yeah, but I think there are more cases at the WR position where guys can be late round picks and dominat. Just look at DD and Jennings. Correct me if I'm wrong but Mushin Muhammed and Berrian weren't 1st rounders

bearsfan_51
12-01-2006, 10:24 AM
yeah, but I think there are more cases at the WR position where guys can be late round picks and dominat. Just look at DD and Jennings. Correct me if I'm wrong but Mushin Muhammed and Berrian weren't 1st rounders
Lol. I would hardly call any of those players dominant. But your point is well taken. All I'm saying is that it's a bad draft philosophy to think in those terms. If you think a player has first round talent you can't think in the back of your mind "well wide recievers in the 1st round bust more often than most I'll wait a few more rounds". Take the players accordingly to their talent and how they'll help your team.

I do not, however, understand the argument that WR is a first round need for the Packers. To what, be the slot man? They aren't talented enough to start drafting for luxury IMO.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-01-2006, 11:15 AM
I think the offense is another weapon and a little more depth away from being a very productive offense, one of the reasons we lost vs. Seattle and some other teams is the offense not sustaining drives long enough, more talent gives you a better chance to do that. There's nothing wrong with using 3 and 4 wide reciever sets and following the likes of Indy and Seattle, and with a guy like Dwayne Jarrett on this team he can make catches that no other reciever on this team can make and even have him block a linebacker or something ala Keyshawn Johnson on some running plays, he would allow us to put Driver in the slot at times and when a defense sees that what will they do? Do you have your Top CB follow Driver to the slot or put him on Dwayne Jarrett on the outside and let Driver wreak havoc? Also if Koren Robinson doesn't relapse we'd have major weapons.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Lol. I would hardly call any of those players dominant. But your point is well taken. All I'm saying is that it's a bad draft philosophy to think in those terms. If you think a player has first round talent you can't think in the back of your mind "well wide recievers in the 1st round bust more often than most I'll wait a few more rounds". Take the players accordingly to their talent and how they'll help your team.

I do not, however, understand the argument that WR is a first round need for the Packers. To what, be the slot man? They aren't talented enough to start drafting for luxury IMO.

What would you suggest needs more "talent" then?

jpapa4490
12-01-2006, 11:32 AM
I can't believe i'm saying this but i agree with the bears fan. We do not have the luxury to be wasting 1st round picks on recievers just to be our slot guys. We need a running back or safety or something of that matter who will make a close to immediate impact.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-01-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm with that too and have been for a while but with several positions with about the same level of need I feel you can't go wrong, but the reason I like Jarrett for us now is he will make everybody better just on athleticism alone, I would say Jarrett is more likely to declare than Marshawn, he seems like he wants to win a BCS game or something at Cal before he leaves. Obviously if Ahman isn't resigned RB becomes # 1.

TitleTown088
12-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I can't believe i'm saying this but i agree with the bears fan. We do not have the luxury to be wasting 1st round picks on recievers just to be our slot guys. We need a running back or safety or something of that matter who will make a close to immediate impact.
we'll its common knowledge, the pack has bigger fish to fry than a WR right now..... BTW whats so wrong with DD, jennings, and KORO anyways? not too shabby IMO.

Now Green , morencey,and herron that is a different story. As well as the most of the secondary.

BTW it looks like either bigby or culver might start this week, that should help the packers secondary woes out.. :roll: Actually i'm kinda excited to see what these cats got.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-01-2006, 02:34 PM
As much as I support Koren Robinson to get better and stay better off the field, nothing is guaranteed with him. Do you want this average at best offense to continue? What if he doesn't make it back? Even if he does he won't be back til like week 5 or 6 next year, do you want Greg Jennings, Donald Driver and three guys off the street every week next year? Why do you guys think Alexander ran the ball 40 times on Monday? Cause the defense was on the field probably over 60 percent of the time because the offense couldn't sustain a drive. The best defense is a good offense and even though the Seahawks scored 34 points last week, how much is that really the Defense's fault? The Seahawks offense was given great field position 4 times and the defense held them to 4 field goals early in the game and forced 4 turnovers, but we didn't win because the offense is becoming about as uptempo as a turtle walking across a four lane highway. How the hell is Brett Favre supposed to do anything when he only has two NFL caliber recievers, all they gotta do is cover them and stop Ahman Green, and they will win. We need to approach this as if Robinson won't be here, because he won't early in the year and if he doesn't stay sober he won't be at all. People have suggested using Charles Woodson at WR and you guys are saying WR isn't a major need... come on man...

TitleTown088
12-01-2006, 03:30 PM
As much as I support Koren Robinson to get better and stay better off the field, nothing is guaranteed with him. Do you want this average at best offense to continue? What if he doesn't make it back? Even if he does he won't be back til like week 5 or 6 next year, do you want Greg Jennings, Donald Driver and three guys off the street every week next year? Why do you guys think Alexander ran the ball 40 times on Monday? Cause the defense was on the field probably over 60 percent of the time because the offense couldn't sustain a drive. The best defense is a good offense and even though the Seahawks scored 34 points last week, how much is that really the Defense's fault? The Seahawks offense was given great field position 4 times and the defense held them to 4 field goals early in the game and forced 4 turnovers, but we didn't win because the offense is becoming about as uptempo as a turtle walking across a four lane highway. How the hell is Brett Favre supposed to do anything when he only has two NFL caliber recievers, all they gotta do is cover them and stop Ahman Green, and they will win. We need to approach this as if Robinson won't be here, because he won't early in the year and if he doesn't stay sober he won't be at all. People have suggested using Charles Woodson at WR and you guys are saying WR isn't a major need... come on man...

It's a need, but deffiently not a 1st round need. This is going to be a run oriented team, the packers need a feature back for the future. Greg. DD and koro with a nice deep threat guy will be a solid WR set.

Moses
12-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Johnson, Peterson, Lynch, or trade down. Joe Thomas should not be out of the picture either if he slides to us.

jackalope
12-01-2006, 03:55 PM

It's a need, but deffiently not a 1st round need. This is going to be a run oriented team, the packers need a feature back for the future. Greg. DD and koro with a nice deep threat guy will be a solid WR set.exactly. i don't think that we have a fine receiving corps but i don't think we should draft a player in the 1st who isn't going to contribute much. we could get a fine one in a later round and take an impact player in the 1st. i think our biggest draft needs are running back and defensive back.

12-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Some interesting notes and stats befor the game on Sunday.....

The Jets have won seven of the nine meetings in the series, including the last two. In the last meeting in 2002, Chad Pennington threw four touchdown passes en route to a 42-17 Jets' romp.

New York has lost 10 of its last 12 road games played in December, including five in a row (regular season only).

The Packers have rushed for just 142 yards in their last three games, which is their fewest in a three-game stretch since rushing for just 127 yards in December 1990.

Green Bay has won 25 of its last 28 December home games (including playoffs), but has lost two of its last three.

Packer QB Brett Favre has no touchdown passes in his last two home games vs. AFC opponents, after throwing at least one in his first 27 home games vs. the AFC.

Green Bay's Donald Driver needs just 105 receiving yards to become the fourth Packer to record three consecutive 1,000-yard seasons (with James Lofton, Sterling Sharpe and Antonio Freeman).

RockJock07
12-01-2006, 05:22 PM
The Jets are a solid team. The pack needs to find a running game, if they can't they won't win again this season. The offense of the Jet's doesn't scare me, but I think their defense is very underrated.

Another draft thought, what do people think about Poppinga? I just think he's better off as a pash rusher and not an outside linebacker. Hodge as a replacement or draft someone?

GB12
12-01-2006, 05:36 PM
The Jets are a solid team. The pack needs to find a running game, if they can't they won't win again this season. The offense of the Jet's doesn't scare me, but I think their defense is very underrated.

Another draft thought, what do people think about Poppinga? I just think he's better off as a pash rusher and not an outside linebacker. Hodge as a replacement or draft someone?

If we upgrade at LB it will be through FA and not the draft.

PACKmanN
12-01-2006, 07:03 PM
heck I wouldnt mind trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Benson. IMO, the Bears dont want him because of his mouth and will do almost anything to get rid of him.

Featherstone
12-01-2006, 08:12 PM
The Packers are in a position where anything will help. They can just draft who ever is tops on their board every round and it will be a good draft. The team isn't overly weak at any position, but at the same time they aren't set at any position either. Anything will help.

TitleTown088
12-01-2006, 09:06 PM
heck I wouldnt mind trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Benson. IMO, the Bears dont want him because of his mouth and will do almost anything to get rid of him.

uhhh i doubt the bears dump benson.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah if Linebacker were upgraded this offseason it would be through free agency, the big name guy for us would be Lance Briggs but Cato June of the Colts would come a lot cheaper if he hit the market and is the prototypical Will linebacker. That would mean Hawk would move to Mike and Barnett would go to Sam, but I doubt it will be upgraded because that would be a public relations nightmare with Barnett and Hawk being the main LB's of the future because you know Barnett wouldn't like getting moved for this new guy. But hell Barnett-Hawk-June or Barnett-Hawk-Briggs is elite company.

roughrider30
12-01-2006, 11:32 PM
The Packers are in a position where anything will help. They can just draft who ever is tops on their board every round and it will be a good draft. The team isn't overly weak at any position, but at the same time they aren't set at any position either. Anything will help.

i disagree with you on that one. i would have said that was the case for last years draft and that is why TT traded down for more picks last year. he was trying to fill the team needs with quanity not so much quality. This year we have more specific needs (RB,WR,S) if those three positions are filled in any order i would be happy with the draft.

I do want the Packers to go with Lynch in the first tho

70challenger457
12-02-2006, 07:35 AM
guys, if the oportunity comes, do we draft a DE if the situation is right. I mean if you think about it, Green Morency and Herron all have had good games at one point or another, I remeber seeing 1 good play from KGB the was the fumble against seatle. I really tried to study Mike Montgomery, he's big, strong, but he's just not explosive, and thats why I don't think he'll ever start but be a solid backup

Jim Jim
12-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Johnson, Peterson, Lynch, or trade down. Joe Thomas should not be out of the picture either if he slides to us.

Agreed.

Jim Jim
12-02-2006, 08:46 AM
I don't know if anyone will like this idea, but why not making a push for Lance Briggs in FA?

I would like to see Briggs, Hawk and Barnett. Then if Barnett bolts, we could put Hodge in the middle.

Moses
12-02-2006, 12:12 PM
I don't know if anyone will like this idea, but why not making a push for Lance Briggs in FA?

I would like to see Briggs, Hawk and Barnett. Then if Barnett bolts, we could put Hodge in the middle.

Briggs would be a good pickup but he will undoubetedly be massively overpaid. I would rather overpay for Adalius Thomas who would give us much more.

70challenger457
12-02-2006, 12:30 PM

I thought next year was Barnett's contract year

bearsfan_51
12-02-2006, 12:34 PM
You don't pay SLB's big money. Find me any team in the NFL that has a SLB making more than 4-5 million dollars a year.

Moses
12-02-2006, 12:42 PM
You don't pay SLB's big money. Find me any team in the NFL that has a SLB making more than 4-5 million dollars a year.

I wouldn't be opposed to the Packers paying Adalius Thomas that sort of money. The impact he would make on the Packers would be huge.

70challenger457
12-02-2006, 12:43 PM

I wouldn't be opposed to the Packers paying Adalius Thomas that sort of money. The impact he would make on the Packers would be huge.
I'd rather have Barnett than Tomas or Briggs

bearsfan_51
12-02-2006, 12:49 PM

I think you're underestimating the market. I wasn't using that figure in terms of the money those players will make, they'll make much more.

Briggs should get 6-7 years for 40-50 million easily. Probably the same for Thomas. I would guess that even Cato June will get 5-6 million per year. There are going to be a lot of teams with a lot of money and not very many good players to spend it on.

12-02-2006, 02:12 PM

I think you're underestimating the market. I wasn't using that figure in terms of the money those players will make, they'll make much more.

Briggs should get 6-7 years for 40-50 million easily. Probably the same for Thomas. I would guess that even Cato June will get 5-6 million per year. There are going to be a lot of teams with a lot of money and not very many good players to spend it on.The Packers are one of those teams that has a lot of money, so I don't see why they couldn't make a big free agency move.

jackalope
12-02-2006, 02:14 PM
do you guys think colins will start? he's been upgraded to Questionable.

roughrider30
12-02-2006, 02:18 PM

Briggs should get 6-7 years for 40-50 million easily. Probably the same for Thomas. I would guess that even Cato June will get 5-6 million per year. There are going to be a lot of teams with a lot of money and not very many good players to spend it on.The Packers are one of those teams that has a lot of money, so I don't see why they couldn't make a big free agency move.

TT hasnt really been know to make big free agent signings, but hopefully the woodson signing will change that

bearsfan_51
12-02-2006, 02:18 PM

Because it would be insane to tie up that much money in three linebackers, particularly considering the SLB only plays about 50% of all plays and whose primary responsibilities are much easier to fill than MLB and WLB. Don't get me wrong, I've been saying Brady needs to be replaced immediately, but you can fill that void with a 3rd or 4th round pick without hurting your future ability to fill other positions.

12-02-2006, 02:59 PM

Because it would be insane to tie up that much money in three linebackers, particularly considering the SLB only plays about 50% of all plays and whose primary responsibilities are much easier to fill than MLB and WLB. Don't get me wrong, I've been saying Brady needs to be replaced immediately, but you can fill that void with a 3rd or 4th round pick without hurting your future ability to fill other positions.Well said. I would like the Packers to go after a D-lineman in free agency, preferably someone who can come in for KGB and stop the run. This would really help our run defense, KGB is getting destroyed this year when they run to his side. He was especially bad in the Seattle game.

70challenger457
12-02-2006, 07:10 PM
I don't know about you guys but I consider DE more of a need then WR coming into next year, we've at least got solid starts and a maybe for WR next year. DE we have one really good starter and one really bad starter and not much behiend that

12-02-2006, 07:16 PM
I don't know about you guys but I consider DE more of a need then WR coming into next year, we've at least got solid starts and a maybe for WR next year. DE we have one really good starter and one really bad starter and not much behiend thatI wouldn't say KGB is really bad, he's good at what he's supposed to be good at, rushing the passer. It's just that he's not good enough to be on for every down.

sik wit it
12-02-2006, 07:23 PM
I don't know about you guys but I consider DE more of a need then WR coming into next year, we've at least got solid starts and a maybe for WR next year. DE we have one really good starter and one really bad starter and not much behiend thatI wouldn't say KGB is really bad, he's good at what he's supposed to be good at, rushing the passer. It's just that he's not good enough to be on for every down. nor is he worth all that money

Moses
12-03-2006, 09:01 AM
I don't know about you guys but I consider DE more of a need then WR coming into next year, we've at least got solid starts and a maybe for WR next year. DE we have one really good starter and one really bad starter and not much behiend thatI wouldn't say KGB is really bad, he's good at what he's supposed to be good at, rushing the passer. It's just that he's not good enough to be on for every down. nor is he worth all that money

KGB is weak against the run but any DE we draft to play opposite Kampman is going to be as well. I would definitely add a player for depth since we only have KGB, Kampman, and Montgommery but KGB does not need to be replaced yet.

TitleTown088
12-03-2006, 12:47 PM
i cannot belive the pack is getting blown out by the jets, maybe the defensive problems isn't just the pass D.

jackalope
12-03-2006, 01:22 PM
i cannot belive the pack is getting blown out by the jets, maybe the defensive problems isn't just the pass D.our defense has been god awful in every aspect today.

dcarey20
12-03-2006, 01:25 PM

I'd rather have Barnett than Tomas or Briggs

well ur crazy because thomas and briggs are both wayyy better than barnett.

sik wit it
12-03-2006, 01:28 PM
they way we are playing right now, i'd be suprised if we could beat ohio state.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey who's getting torched by Cotchery? the game isn't on here

Boston
12-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Somebody needs to be fired...

sik wit it
12-03-2006, 01:42 PM
After the first half I've come to the conclusion we don't have to draft a RB. I say we trade down and draft defense.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-03-2006, 01:46 PM
After the first half I've come to the conclusion we don't have to draft a RB. I say we trade down and draft defense.

Umm, the offense hasn't scored a point, I never put RB number 1 if Ahman is resigned anyway. And how bout we make Jim Bates the Highest Paid assistant coach in the league, and demote Bob Sanders? Defensively in order to be a great unit we need maybe a couple more starters, more depth and better coaching.

Hey who's getting torched by Cotchery? the game isn't on here

???????????????????

sik wit it
12-03-2006, 01:54 PM

Umm, the offense hasn't scored a point, I never put RB number 1 if Ahman is resigned anyway. And how bout we make Jim Bates the Highest Paid assistant coach in the league, and demote Bob Sanders? Defensively in order to be a great unit we need maybe a couple more starters, more depth and better coaching.

and the defense has given up way too many.

RockJock07
12-03-2006, 02:11 PM
This team is just god awful. This defense is just plain disgusting. Probably the worst about about this team is the running game. Green and this O-line can't figure out this new scheme.

The offense needs help at O-line and probably needs 2 RB's.

Conrads to all the Packer fans that are staying to watch this team, I wish i could have a better view but a TD pass to Driver won't make everything better.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-03-2006, 02:18 PM
God damnit somebody answer my ******* question, who is getting torched by Jerricho Cotchery??????????????????

sik wit it
12-03-2006, 02:40 PM
God damnit somebody answer my *********** question, who is getting torched by Jerricho Cotchery??????????????????
obviously no one ******* knows

Nitschke-Hawk
12-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Well you're reporting everything thats wrong with the game, how do you not know that?

jackalope
12-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Well you're reporting everything thats wrong with the game, how do you not know that?the whole D-fense was getting torched.

ny10804
12-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Here are some notes which should answer a few questions:

- Pass rush was nonexistent. The one time where there was a pass rush - when KGB blindsided Pennington - the ball was wobbly and was picked off by Dendy. Kampman came close a couple times. On his best opprotunity, Pennington was able to step up to avoid it and get a 15+ yard gain, AKA, Pickett and whoever else was in were not doing their job.

- The front 7 was very weak against the run. The Jet's Oline controlled the LOS for most of the game.

- Cotchery's gains weren't results of blown coverages or bad coverage, but poor tackling and pursuit. His YAC will probably be high.

- The run game showed flashes, the best when Ahman got a 10 yard gain, and on the next play a 35 yard gain. Protection was bad/decent and Favre was hurries often and had to take off and run a few times. Clifton played well.

- The passing game could never get going, because the Jets didn't respect the run, combined with the fact that they knew we had to pass.

- Ryan was good and Rayner was bad. Rayner missed a 40 yarder -- he's probably not used to kicking a hardened/frozen ball. Ryan's punts weren't booming, but the Jets did not return either of them (we only punted twice). His 39.5 yard net was probably the best he had all season.

Besides the secondary's two picks and a couple good runs by Green, this was an awful game.

Here's my big board as of right now:

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. LaRon Landry
4. Gaines Adams
5. Quentin Moses

Nitschke-Hawk
12-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Well it seems like almost everything that can go wrong for a team execution wise has this year so hopefully it will be out of our system for next year. I just know that if we had Jim Bates as DC we'd probably be .500 right now.

RockJock07
12-03-2006, 04:20 PM
I think because of all the holes in this team, the Pack need to trade down, maybe get a veteren O-linemen and a 3rd round pick. They need a veteren that has been in the Zone-blocking scheme and can be the leader on that line. It doesn't matter if Lynch, Peterson, or Green is running the ball, when the OL can't block it doesn't matter.

I think Clifton and Tausher aren't best suited for this system, they are to big and slow, they should be traded will they still have value.

TT has ALOT of work to do this off-season, this has to be his off-season, smart moves HAVE to be made or else we are in for a long 4-5 more years of this.

TitleTown088
12-03-2006, 04:30 PM
anyone starting to think that maybe its not the personel that are bad on the defense it is the coaching?? how the hell does shotty still have a job?

jackalope
12-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Tauscher has been severly missed in the run game. we were doing good until he went down.

TitleTown088
12-03-2006, 04:33 PM
I think because of all the holes in this team, the Pack need to trade down, maybe get a veteren O-linemen and a 3rd round pick. They need a veteren that has been in the Zone-blocking scheme and can be the leader on that line. It doesn't matter if Lynch, Peterson, or Green is running the ball, when the OL can't block it doesn't matter.

I think Clifton and Tausher aren't best suited for this system, they are to big and slow, they should be traded will they still have value.

TT has ALOT of work to do this off-season, this has to be his off-season, smart moves HAVE to be made or else we are in for a long 4-5 more years of this.

we'll he's going to have aot of money to work with b/c Favre is going to retire.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-03-2006, 04:45 PM
anyone starting to think that maybe its not the personel that are bad on the defense it is the coaching?? how the hell does shotty still have a job?

That's why I thought we'd be atleast 8-8 with this schedule, there's certainly holes but plenty of talent to go .500 with our talent, the right philosophies offensively and this easy schedule. I thought this year would be run run run and tough defense but apparently I was wrong.

TitleTown088
12-03-2006, 04:49 PM

That's why I thought we'd be atleast 8-8 with this schedule, there's certainly holes but plenty of talent to go .500 with our talent, the right philosophies offensively and this easy schedule. I thought this year would be run run run and tough defense but apparently I was wrong.
yeah it's kinda funny when everyone saw our defense on paper they thought the secondary would be a stregnth, haha shows what we know.. F FU shotty.

AlexDown
12-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Woodson played pretty good today. Good pick up.

RockJock07
12-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Woodson and Harris have play decent lately, the problem is the safties, MM is just bad. Plus when their is no pressure on the QB, any secondary will get burned.

McCarthy has a 3 year deal, is if safe to say that if Mike fails, TT will be gone too. That's why I'm saying, this off-season will be the most important the Pack have had in some time.

They need to hit home runs in the draft like they did this past year with Hawk & Jennings. TT needs to be smart with money too, Lance briggs will command to much money, ohter options need to be researched. "Shotty" needs to be gone, and thay should be done now. If Mike McCarthy want to hold accountablity like he preaches, he need to fire shotty now. Show the players, staff, and fans that if you don't handle your own assingments, whatever they are, that you will be gone.

jackalope
12-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Woodson played pretty good today. Good pick up.yeah, i've been really happy with the woodson signing. he's played like he's worth it.

TitleTown088
12-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Woodson and Harris have play decent lately, the problem is the safties, MM is just bad. Plus when their is no pressure on the QB, any secondary will get burned.

McCarthy has a 3 year deal, is if safe to say that if Mike fails, TT will be gone too. That's why I'm saying, this off-season will be the most important the Pack have had in some time.

They need to hit home runs in the draft like they did this past year with Hawk & Jennings. TT needs to be smart with money too, Lance briggs will command to much money, ohter options need to be researched. "Shotty" needs to be gone, and thay should be done now. If Mike McCarthy want to hold accountablity like he preaches, he need to fire shotty now. Show the players, staff, and fans that if you don't handle your own assingments, whatever they are, that you will be gone.

whats all this talk about lance briggs? LB is one of the packers smaller worries IMO.

jackalope
12-03-2006, 05:07 PM

whats all this talk about lance briggs? LB is one of the packers smaller worries IMO.i agree. Popinga is no star but we don't need to spend alot of money to replace him.

Moses
12-03-2006, 05:46 PM
People need to calm down. Everybody knew that this was going to be a rough season for the Packers. There's plenty of young talent starting and the coaching staff is all new. McCarthy and Thompson have done very well for the Packers thus far.

GB12
12-03-2006, 06:02 PM

No, I like what he has done and I don't see a reason to get rid of him even if Mccarthy doesn't work out.

TitleTown088
12-03-2006, 06:05 PM
People need to calm down. Everybody knew that this was going to be a rough season for the Packers. There's plenty of young talent starting and the coaching staff is all new. McCarthy and Thompson have done very well for the Packers thus far.

come on man do you think it is just coinsidence that the last time the packers had a terrible secondary was the last time shotty was the secondary coach? This defense has plently of talent to play above this level.

TitleTown088
12-03-2006, 06:06 PM

No, I like what he has done and I don't see a reason to get rid of him even if Mccarthy doesn't work out.
i gotta agree, i like TT. He's trying to get the packers out of sherman mess still. having terrible drafts before he came really hurts.

12-03-2006, 07:30 PM
One of the only positives was the play of Ahman Green, he looked great and had very few negative runs. He looked like his old self, he was great on the short yardage plays and busted a few long runs. If he can keep playing somewhere near this I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers kept him around 1 or 2 more years.

Also Vernand Morency played pretty well, he was breaking tackles like a beast.

If the Packers RB's can play OK from here on it, I think I would want to take either Laron Landry, a corner or a WR before a RB.

On a side note, the WR's got owned today, Favre must've thrown to his checkdown backs like 20 times. Which means that the WR's weren't getting open downfield. Also most of the balls were Favre through it to the WR's, they were well covered.

Boston
12-03-2006, 07:43 PM
One of the only positives was the play of Ahman Green, he looked great and had very few negative runs. He looked like his old self, he was great on the short yardage plays and busted a few long runs. If he can keep playing somewhere near this I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers kept him around 1 or 2 more years.

If the Packers RB's can play OK from here on it, I think I would want to take either Laron Landry, a corner or a WR before a RB.

On a side note, the WR's got owned today, Favre must've thrown to his checkdown backs like 20 times. Which means that the WR's weren't getting open downfield. Also most of the balls were Favre through it to the WR's, they were well covered.

Probably because his third reciever is Ruvell Martin. I would like Landry in the first round. Imagine Landry and Collins, and another secondary coach. :D

12-03-2006, 07:51 PM

Probably because his third reciever is Ruvell Martin. I would like Landry in the first round. Imagine Landry and Collins, and another secondary coach. :DYeah but 85 was non existent today.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-03-2006, 07:54 PM
The defense could be completely converted into a top 10 defense and a top 5 defense in a couple years wth my master plan, except a couple of the scenarios would require a tiny bit of hope.

12-03-2006, 07:56 PM
The defense could be completely converted into a top 10 defense and a top 5 defense in a couple years wth my master plan, except a couple of the scenarios would require a tiny bit of hope.And your master plan would be?

Nitschke-Hawk
12-03-2006, 08:03 PM
The defense could be completely converted into a top 10 defense and a top 5 defense in a couple years wth my master plan, except a couple of the scenarios would require a tiny bit of hope.And your master plan would be?

It would be silly to do it now, I should wait til season's end but maybe by then it won't be a master plan anymore and things will change.

Boston
12-03-2006, 08:04 PM

It would be silly to do it now, I should wait til season's end but maybe by then it won't be a master plan anymore and things will change.

Good idea. You wouldn't want the enemy to get a hold of it.

Boston
12-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Do the packers go after Michael Turner this offseason?

RockJock07
12-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Well, they need to clean house in terms of RB. Turner would a good backup. They need to use couple of picks in the draft for a RB.

And as I watch Denver run the ball, TT needs to bring in an established zone-blocking O-lineman.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Well, they need to clean house in terms of RB. Turner would a good backup. They need to use couple of picks in the draft for a RB.

And as I watch Denver run the ball, TT needs to bring in an established zone-blocking O-lineman.
Wherever Turner goes he's going to start.

Nitschke-Hawk
12-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Is Turner the type of cutback runner we need though?

Boston
12-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Is Turner the type of cutback runner we need though?

I believe so.

TitleTown088
12-03-2006, 09:33 PM
i'd love turner, but TT dosen't like to part with draft picks, and that is probably all we have to offer.

Moses
12-03-2006, 10:26 PM

come on man do you think it is just coinsidence that the last time the packers had a terrible secondary was the last time shotty was the secondary coach? This defense has plently of talent to play above this level.

I'm not saying that changes shouldn't be made but talking about firing McCarthy or Thompson is years premature. The Packers were expected to be a sub .500 team this year because they aren't that talented and their is a new coaching regime. They are rebuilding. You can't expect them to go out and put together a strong playoff push when they're starting rookies and journeymen all over the place.

Moses
12-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Here's my big board as of right now:

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. LaRon Landry
4. Gaines Adams
5. Quentin Moses

Landry will more than likely be a huge reach for the Packers based on where they will be picking. I can't see them spending their 1st rounder on a safety because it simply doesn't represent good value.

Why would the Packers add a pass-rushing defensive end to replace KGB? Neither Adams or Moses will be an upgrade over KGB in the running game and I doubt they will be an upgrade in the passing game.

roughrider30
12-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Just got in from the game today. Besides the trashy game and the subpar temps it was a good time.

I cant really say there was one bright point in the game today. the team just didnt come out to play, and they seemed like they didnt want to be there.

Moses
12-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Just got in from the game today. Besides the trashy game and the subpar temps it was a good time.

I cant really say there was one bright point in the game today. the team just didnt come out to play, and they seemed like they didnt want to be there.

They showed signs of life when they started to mount a comeback at the beginning of the second half. Morency is a tough guy that plays with a lot of heart. Woodson is really showing his game-changing ability and has shown that he's a true playmaker.

roughrider30
12-03-2006, 10:46 PM

They showed signs of life when they started to mount a comeback at the beginning of the second half. Morency is a tough guy that plays with a lot of heart. Woodson is really showing his game-changing ability and has shown that he's a true playmaker.

Ya I love what Woodson has done for the team this year. Great signing.

Another thing Id like to add. As we keep losing, it looks like we might be coming into Pederson range, and if he doesnt fall, Lynch could possibly be a reach at the pick we have. so what do you guys think we do?

Moses
12-03-2006, 10:51 PM

Another thing Id like to add. As we keep losing, it looks like we might be coming into Pederson range, and if he doesnt fall, Lynch could possibly be a reach at the pick we have. so what do you guys think we do?

Peterson no question. He's clearly the better prospect at this point in the process.

RockJock07
12-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Woodson has been very solid of late. Yes TT overpaid for him, but lets be frank, since GB isn't what they used to be, TT will have to overpay for big time free agents.

I'm only saying that one person shoulf be fired and that should be Shotty. He's coaching is just piss poor and something needs to be done. McCarthy preaches accountability, this is his chance to make a statement.

Calvin Johnson will be off the board, Taking a DL that high is a bad idea. (Jamal Reynolds anyone) Laron Landry would be ideal, but only if they trade down and can get more picks or an O-line that can help out with the zone-blocking. AD or Lynch will be in a packer uni come April, then second round GB goes defense.

Maybe Abobi Okoye or Marcus McCauley, or a player who I really like is Dwayne Bowe out of LSU. Packers need a deep threat, Bows's got some wheels.

roughrider30
12-03-2006, 10:55 PM

Peterson no question. He's clearly the better prospect at this point in the process.

ya i definately agree with Pederson being better i would take him in a heartbeat

but what i was asking if he still doesnt fall to us at our pick, do u think Lynch would be a reach considering we might end up with a top 6 pick.

RockJock07
12-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Lynch might be a reach at 6. He has to have really good workouts to climb that high. I really like this guy, I can't wait to watch him in the Holiday Bowl, a good game could help his stock aswell.

I still say trade down to 10-15 area, get O-line help along with a 2-3rd round pick

If they trade down, Reggie Nelson is an option

TitleTown088
12-04-2006, 01:02 AM
Lynch might be a reach at 6. He has to have really good workouts to climb that high. I really like this guy, I can't wait to watch him in the Holiday Bowl, a good game could help his stock aswell.

I still say trade down to 10-15 area, get O-line help along with a 2-3rd round pick

I could deffiently see TT trading down, but IMO i think we need some playmakers in this draft so i hope he dosen't.

Moses
12-04-2006, 01:57 AM

What position would we draft for the offensive line? The Packers have young starters at every interior line position and the tackles are good. The only thing I could see them drafting is a developmental tackle in the later rounds.

jackalope
12-04-2006, 07:03 AM

What position would we draft for the offensive line? The Packers have young starters at every interior line position and the tackles are good. The only thing I could see them drafting is a developmental tackle in the later rounds.exactly. O-line is not a 1st day. who would we replace? our tackles and center are great, and our guards have been good for rookies. there's not really any area that needs help.

Featherstone
12-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Taking a DL that high is a bad idea.

Why? I think it's obvious to anybody who watches the game, the Packers have a below average defensive line. Kampman has been non-existent the last 3 games once teams started focusing on him, Pickett has been good, KGB is trash, he might actually be a worse pass rusher then run defender now and Corey Williams and Cullen Jenkins are nothing but backups. I think either DE or DT should be their top priority.

I think they should model the rebuild with the Bears. Great defensive line play and great linebackers. They basically have Ryan Leaf playing QB but can win any game just because of how good their defense is.

RockJock07
12-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Don't draft a O-lineman, trade for a vet. who has run the Zone-blocking scheme before. Our OL looks looks lost, Clifton and Tausher are solid, but aren't suited for ZBing. Trading one of them could bring extra picks aswell.

After the Jamal Reyonlds experience, no DE should be taken top 15, it's too risky.

Round 2 has good value, especially at WR. if they packers trade someone like Bubba Franks, who looks likes he's lost interest, they might get a 2nd rounder, but probably a 3rd. Abobi Okoye is someone who i like and probably go when the packers are picking in the second.

Moses
12-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Don't draft a O-lineman, trade for a vet. who has run the Zone-blocking scheme before. Our OL looks looks lost, Clifton and Tausher are solid, but aren't suited for ZBing. Trading one of them could bring extra picks aswell.

After the Jamal Reyonlds experience, no DE should be taken top 15, it's too risky.

Round 2 has good value, especially at WR. if they packers trade someone like Bubba Franks, who looks likes he's lost interest, they might get a 2nd rounder, but probably a 3rd. Abobi Okoye is someone who i like and probably go when the packers are picking in the second.

Franks is basically untradable due to his high salary and low production. There is no way he would fetch a 3rd rounder anyway.

Defensive tackle is not a major need. The rotation the Packers are using right now is sufficient. Addinjg a depth player would be pointless because they already have great depth. Adding an impact player would be a help but they have much bigger holes to fill before adding a luxury defensive linemen. Defensive end is a bigger need because it lacks depth and KGB is not a long-term solution.

RockJock07
12-04-2006, 11:35 AM
I disagree, DT is a major need, Pickett is solid after that is a bunch of back-ups that haven't created a pass rush or stopped the run all year.

Secondly, they get the DT in the second round, with this draft class, you want 2 or 3 2nd round picks. Get Lynch in the first and a WR and DT in the second.

Moses
12-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I disagree, DT is a major need, Pickett is solid after that is a bunch of back-ups that haven't created a pass rush or stopped the run all year.

Secondly, they get the DT in the second round, with this draft class, you want 2 or 3 2nd round picks. Get Lynch in the first and a WR and DT in the second.

How would the Packers get 2 or 3 2nd round picks?

Corey Williams: 5 Sacks, 26 Tackles
Cullen Jenkins: 3 Sacks, 19 Tackles
Colin Cole: 1 Sack, 29 Tackles

That's a combined 9 sacks compared to the Bears defensive tackle unit who has created 8.5 sacks. I'm not saying the Packers defensive tackles are better, I'm simply saying it's not a major weakness and I doubt the Packers add any additional DTs in the off-season.

Plus they Packers just drafted Johnny Jolly last year. Factor in Pickett (48 Tackles) and you have a very deep defensive tackle unit. The Packers rotate these guys to keep them fresh and it seems to work pretty well. As I said, the Packers don't have the resources to add another young guy to one of the deeper units on the team.

GB12
12-04-2006, 04:01 PM
The only parts of the defense that is in big need of help is S and DE. The rest I feel good enough about that they aren't a concern.

TitleTown088
12-04-2006, 04:29 PM
The only parts of the defense that is in big need of help is S and DE. The rest I feel good enough about that they aren't a concern.
CB needs to be addressed for the future as well, harris and woodson arn't getting any younger.

12-04-2006, 04:35 PM
CB needs to be addressed for the future as well, harris and woodson arn't getting any younger.I'd put CB, DE, and S in like the top need's and put DT, and OLB as a mini need.

roughrider30
12-04-2006, 04:39 PM
CB needs to be addressed for the future as well, harris and woodson arn't getting any younger.I'd put CB, DE, and S in like the top need's and put DT, and OLB as a mini need.

ya definately

my board for defense would be:

1. S
2. DE
3. CB
4. OLB
5. DT

Moses
12-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Packer's Team Needs

1. Wide Receiver
2. Runningback
3. Cornerback
4. Tight End
5. Defensive End
6. Outside Linebacker
7. Safety
8. Offensive Tackle
9. Fullback

RockJock07
12-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah, safety is a need, MM and Collins can't cover.

They might need to get 2 RB and a WR too.

70challenger457
12-04-2006, 04:48 PM

collins can cover very well when in the right position, MM is the issue

roughrider30
12-04-2006, 04:55 PM

collins can cover very well when in the right position, MM is the issue

ya i like collins a lot. Manuel just looks lost out there half the time. with offense i would say my board looks like this:

1. RB
2. WR
3. S
4. Receiving TE
5. DE
6. CB
7. OLB
8. DT

TitleTown088
12-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Points for:

San Diego (377)
Dallas (332)
Indianapolis (325)
Chicago (318)
New Orleans (310)
Cincinnati (290)
New England (281)
Philadelphia (267)
N.Y. Giants (265)
Seattle (260)
Pitsburgh (259)
Jacksonville (259)
Kansas City (257)
Baltimore (256)
St. Louis (242)
N.Y. Jets (241)
Atlanta (227)
Arizona (221)
Tennessee (221)
Green Bay (219)
Detroit (216)
Denver (215)
Washington (213)
Buffalo (212)
Minnesota (211)
San Francisco (209)
Miami (207)
Cleveland (201)
Houston (199)
Carolina (189)
Oakland (146)
Tampa Bay (145)

The Packers aren't one of the best at scoring points, but they aren't one of the worst.

Points Against: (Brace Yourselves)

Chicago (150)
Baltimore (160)
New England (165)
Jacksonville (174)
Denver (188)
Carolina (190)
Dallas (218)
Miami (222)
Minnesota (231)
San Diego (237)
N.Y. Jets (238)
Philadelphia (239)
Cincinnati (240)
Oakland (242)
Buffalo (249)
Atlanta (250)
Indianapolis (251)
New Orleans (251)
N.Y. Giants (255)
Kansas City (257)
Pittsburgh (257)
Seattle (263)
Cleveland (266)
Houston (270)
Tampa Bay (272)
Washington(274)
Arizona (284)
St. Louis (287)
Tennessee (294)
Detroit (294)
San Francisco (319)
Green Bay (324)

wow can anyone say new DC?

Boston
12-04-2006, 05:01 PM
I really don't think RB is as big of a need as everyone seems to think it is. Sure, Lynch would be great, but Green still runs with speed and power, when there is a hole. And even if there isn't he still has the ability to make something happen. I still wouldn't be opposed to Lynch, but i still think Green can be the RB.

12-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Points for:

San Diego (377)
Dallas (332)
Indianapolis (325)
Chicago (318)
New Orleans (310)
Cincinnati (290)
New England (281)
Philadelphia (267)
N.Y. Giants (265)
Seattle (260)
Pitsburgh (259)
Jacksonville (259)
Kansas City (257)
Baltimore (256)
St. Louis (242)
N.Y. Jets (241)
Atlanta (227)
Arizona (221)
Tennessee (221)
Green Bay (219)
Detroit (216)
Denver (215)
Washington (213)
Buffalo (212)
Minnesota (211)
San Francisco (209)
Miami (207)
Cleveland (201)
Houston (199)
Carolina (189)
Oakland (146)
Tampa Bay (145)

The Packers aren't one of the best at scoring points, but they aren't one of the worst.

Chicago (150)
Baltimore (160)
New England (165)
Jacksonville (174)
Denver (188)
Carolina (190)
Dallas (218)
Miami (222)
Minnesota (231)
San Diego (237)
N.Y. Jets (238)
Philadelphia (239)
Cincinnati (240)
Oakland (242)
Buffalo (249)
Atlanta (250)
Indianapolis (251)
New Orleans (251)
N.Y. Giants (255)
Kansas City (257)
Pittsburgh (257)
Seattle (263)
Cleveland (266)
Houston (270)
Tampa Bay (272)
Washington(274)
Arizona (284)
St. Louis (287)
Tennessee (294)
Detroit (294)
San Francisco (319)
Green Bay (324)

wow can anyone say new DC?Bring back Bob Sanders

Boston
12-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Points for:

San Diego (377)
Dallas (332)
Indianapolis (325)
Chicago (318)
New Orleans (310)
Cincinnati (290)
New England (281)
Philadelphia (267)
N.Y. Giants (265)
Seattle (260)
Pitsburgh (259)
Jacksonville (259)
Kansas City (257)
Baltimore (256)
St. Louis (242)
N.Y. Jets (241)
Atlanta (227)
Arizona (221)
Tennessee (221)
Green Bay (219)
Detroit (216)
Denver (215)
Washington (213)
Buffalo (212)
Minnesota (211)
San Francisco (209)
Miami (207)
Cleveland (201)
Houston (199)
Carolina (189)
Oakland (146)
Tampa Bay (145)

Chicago (150)
Baltimore (160)
New England (165)
Jacksonville (174)
Denver (188)
Carolina (190)
Dallas (218)
Miami (222)
Minnesota (231)
San Diego (237)
N.Y. Jets (238)
Philadelphia (239)
Cincinnati (240)
Oakland (242)
Buffalo (249)
Atlanta (250)
Indianapolis (251)
New Orleans (251)
N.Y. Giants (255)
Kansas City (257)
Pittsburgh (257)
Seattle (263)
Cleveland (266)
Houston (270)
Tampa Bay (272)
Washington(274)
Arizona (284)
St. Louis (287)
Tennessee (294)
Detroit (294)
San Francisco (319)
Green Bay (324)

I hope you meant to say Jim Bates. :?

12-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Points for:

San Diego (377)
Dallas (332)
Indianapolis (325)
Chicago (318)
New Orleans (310)
Cincinnati (290)
New England (281)
Philadelphia (267)
N.Y. Giants (265)
Seattle (260)
Pitsburgh (259)
Jacksonville (259)
Kansas City (257)
Baltimore (256)
St. Louis (242)
N.Y. Jets (241)
Atlanta (227)
Arizona (221)
Tennessee (221)
Green Bay (219)
Detroit (216)
Denver (215)
Washington (213)
Buffalo (212)
Minnesota (211)
San Francisco (209)
Miami (207)
Cleveland (201)
Houston (199)
Carolina (189)
Oakland (146)
Tampa Bay (145)

Chicago (150)
Baltimore (160)
New England (165)
Jacksonville (174)
Denver (188)
Carolina (190)
Dallas (218)
Miami (222)
Minnesota (231)
San Diego (237)
N.Y. Jets (238)
Philadelphia (239)
Cincinnati (240)
Oakland (242)
Buffalo (249)
Atlanta (250)
Indianapolis (251)
New Orleans (251)
N.Y. Giants (255)
Kansas City (257)
Pittsburgh (257)
Seattle (263)
Cleveland (266)
Houston (270)
Tampa Bay (272)
Washington(274)
Arizona (284)
St. Louis (287)
Tennessee (294)
Detroit (294)
San Francisco (319)
Green Bay (324)

I hope you meant to say Jim Bates. :?Ooops, my bad. I did

70challenger457
12-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Jim bates should be our head coach

12-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Jim bates should be our head coachQFT

TitleTown088
12-04-2006, 06:31 PM
prob, but i don't mind MM.

70challenger457
12-04-2006, 07:02 PM
I've heard that so much, what does QTF mean

ny10804
12-04-2006, 08:03 PM
I've heard that so much, what does QTF mean
Quoted for truth.

jackalope
12-04-2006, 08:16 PM
i don't think DT is a day one need with so much depth behind Pickett. i also don't think we can get a good DE in round 1 to replace KGB. we need a DE who can stop the run and it doesn't sound like Adams or Moses can do that. i'd like to see Lynch in the 1st more than anything. RB may not be too big of a need but Green is aging and i really like Lynch. i think he'll be great and we could use an offensive playmaker. a safety in the 1st would be alright as long as it's good value. 2nd round we could use a good CB. Woodson and Harris have been good but we lack depth there and both are getting old. receiver isn't a need until round 3. we don't need to spend a high draft pick on someone who won't start for a few years. O-line isn't a need except for late round depth. we don't need to replace Popinga in the draft either.

steelcrew43
12-04-2006, 08:44 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f212/steelcrew43/lynch_packers.jpg

12-04-2006, 08:47 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f212/steelcrew43/lynch_packers.jpgNot bad, it looks a little cartoony though.