PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83

neko4
01-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Hopefully Favre should keep this team's head from getting to big. Bill Plaschke has officialy endorsed us on ATH.
Bubba should come in handy in blocking Strahan and Osi.

GB12
01-15-2008, 04:36 PM
I was thinking if Moss had come to GB instead of NE...it would have been a little frustrating because everyone would hail Moss as our savior who brought us from mediocre to elite. On the other hand, it would be nice if we didn't have to play him in 3 weeks.
It's not that we need him, but he's hurting us by being on the Patriots. If New England doesn't have Moss Mike McCarthy is coach of the year, Brett Favre is MVP, and we have a much better chance to win should we reach the Super Bowl.

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 04:38 PM
to be honest welker scares me more than moss does. i have seen welker carve up teamsall year long and it scares me, i just hope on of our corner backs can cover him, moss and stallworth.

GB12
01-15-2008, 04:43 PM
http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2008/0121_large.jpg

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 04:45 PM
that is a great pick and a great cover

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 04:51 PM
grant looked good on PTI. he seems like a stand up guy. even given the chance to do some bad mouthing to the team that traded him he politely said no. said he had no idea why teams passed on him in the draft. also said most of the work was done by the Oline. it was quite refreshing interview

Twiddler
01-15-2008, 05:52 PM
grant looked good on PTI. he seems like a stand up guy. even given the chance to do some bad mouthing to the team that traded him he politely said no. said he had no idea why teams passed on him in the draft. also said most of the work was done by the Oline. it was quite refreshing interview

Yeah I saw it too. He definitely seems like someone who I would be happy with as our main RB. Seems like a McCarthy and Thompson kind of guy.

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 05:58 PM
i could not agree with you more. does anyone know how long he is signed for? because if he can keep producing like this we need to sign him to a long term deal to keep him with the green and gold.

TitleTown088
01-15-2008, 05:59 PM
That SI cover is DAAAANK. Gotta get me one.

ny10804
01-15-2008, 09:24 PM
TMQ is getting quite presumptuous...

Great offensive line play by Green Bay nullified the Seattle defense -- if the Packers and Patriots meet in the Super Bowl, that will match the NFL's two best offensive lines. Right tackle Mark Tauscher had a fabulous game against Pro Bowl defensive end Pat Kerney, turning Kerney into a very highly paid spectator.

Slow down there big guy.

wiscbadgerfootball
01-15-2008, 09:46 PM
can't even contain my excitement for Sunday

The Legend
01-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Who Is Ryan Grant Friday - 8:30 est - NFLTA

roidrunner
01-15-2008, 11:11 PM
OMG OMG only 5 more days.

Whistler6
01-16-2008, 12:41 PM
You know what I enjoy? Being able to willingly admit that I was entirely wrong about TT and the Packers season. I said TT drafted like an idiot, he totally whiffed in free agency, he screwed over Brett Favre's chance at going out winning, they would be a 8-8 or 9-7 team this year. I am eating every one of my words from about 4 months ago, and I am glad for it.

Don't get me wrong, I woudn't have missed a second if we were 4-12 because I love the Pack regardless, but it feels good to be wrong in this case...

Not to mention a lot of analysts are doing the same, IE. Bill Plashke

GO PACK!!!

roidrunner
01-16-2008, 04:01 PM
sometimes it feels so good to be wrong

princefielder28
01-16-2008, 05:42 PM
John Clayton said on ESPN that Tom Brady has had a better career than Brett Favre. He is such a dumba$$ and ESPN needs to can his a$$

Twiddler
01-16-2008, 06:03 PM
You know what I enjoy? Being able to willingly admit that I was entirely wrong about TT and the Packers season. I said TT drafted like an idiot, he totally whiffed in free agency, he screwed over Brett Favre's chance at going out winning, they would be a 8-8 or 9-7 team this year. I am eating every one of my words from about 4 months ago, and I am glad for it.

Don't get me wrong, I woudn't have missed a second if we were 4-12 because I love the Pack regardless, but it feels good to be wrong in this case...

GO PACK!!!

I'm not going to lie, I've always been a big TT supporter. I don't know why either, its not like I analyzed every move he ever made back in Seattle but I guess I just got a good vibe about him.

someone447
01-16-2008, 07:41 PM

GO PACK!!!

He did whiff in free agency, well, the Moss trade.

roidrunner
01-16-2008, 08:43 PM
moss would of been nice to have, but we would of never known what kind of player Jones was, and jennings would have not had the breakout year he did. so i am not as upset as i was about not getting moss.

jackalope
01-16-2008, 08:58 PM
A question that had crossed my mind: Having seen both play this year, would you rather have passed on Jones and traded for Moss, or keep things the way they are?

Nitschke-Hawk
01-16-2008, 09:00 PM
We could sign Moss if the Patriots don't, he's gonna be a Free Agent lol.

roidrunner
01-16-2008, 09:02 PM
i like the team we have now, moss might have thrown off the dynamic and who knows where we would be. why try to fix something if it is not broken

Twiddler
01-16-2008, 10:24 PM
A question that had crossed my mind: Having seen both play this year, would you rather have passed on Jones and traded for Moss, or keep things the way they are?

I like it the way it is. Jones isn't a distraction at all to the team and while Randy has done a great job this year of keeping quiet (I'll wait on today's news) I'm not sold that it would have been all roses with us.

Twiddler
01-16-2008, 10:29 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jim_trotter/01/16/bigby/index.html

Good article on Atari.

roidrunner
01-16-2008, 10:35 PM
good article, hopefully we can sign grant and bigby long term this offseason

Twiddler
01-17-2008, 12:35 AM
good article, hopefully we can sign grant and bigby long term this offseason

At this point in time I'm sold in giving a contract to Grant but I just don't think I'm at that point with Bigby. Sure, its just his first year as a starting player but some of the mistakes he was making for a while in the middle of the year are enough to make me think twice as to whether its time to give him a big contract now. Maybe something intermediate that can be extended in the next couple years if his good play continues and he becomes the player we think he can become.

roidrunner
01-17-2008, 12:38 AM
i think the next couple of games, will decide what type of deal he gets, i will trust TT with doing the right thing, he has not screwed up yet. :knock on wood:

Twiddler
01-17-2008, 10:43 AM
i think the next couple of games, will decide what type of deal he gets, i will trust TT with doing the right thing, he has not screwed up yet. :knock on wood:

Yep, In TT We Trust.

The Legend
01-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Harris said Bibgy is like Dawkins, to be honest he does remind me of him
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jim_trotter/01/16/bigby/

a like his toughness, his speed, and the way he tackles and his dreads are just a plus lol

roidrunner
01-17-2008, 11:28 AM
i am starting to think we should just start draft people with dreads. lol. they always seem to be rather good for the pack.

Favre4ever
01-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Harris said Bibgy is like Dawkins, to be honest he does remind me of him
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jim_trotter/01/16/bigby/

a like his toughness, his speed, and the way he tackles and his dreads are just a plus lol

My problem with him was that he was late on every passing play and his technique wasnt great. Now that he seems to understand the game more, his timing kept on improving since the awful Dallas game. He will be something once he gets more experience. Imagine him hitting Randy Moss like he did against Seattle's receivers...

umphrey
01-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Imagine him hitting Randy Moss like he did against Seattle's receivers...

I think that's what we need to do to win the super bowl... beat the crap out of their receivers until all they can think about is not taking a hit when they catch the ball.

roidrunner
01-17-2008, 12:32 PM
That seemed to be our plan against Seattle. and it worked. they could not catch a ball to save their life by the end of the game.

The Legend
01-17-2008, 03:19 PM
I just won tickets to the super bowl WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

come on packers

TitleTown088
01-17-2008, 03:45 PM
I just won tickets to the super bowl WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

come on packers

Como? Bastard

The Legend
01-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Como? Bastard

you see i get two tickets and with that attitude your not my friend to bring lol

roidrunner
01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
and how did you win them???

johbur
01-18-2008, 02:14 AM
There's an article in the jsOnline about all the fans in the area that have been given tickets to the NFC Championship by their business. Haven't seen a Super Bowl article about tickets, other than they are going for between $3400-$4400 a ticket right now.

bigboiajhawk
01-18-2008, 02:41 AM
At this point in time I'm sold in giving a contract to Grant but I just don't think I'm at that point with Bigby. Sure, its just his first year as a starting player but some of the mistakes he was making for a while in the middle of the year are enough to make me think twice as to whether its time to give him a big contract now. Maybe something intermediate that can be extended in the next couple years if his good play continues and he becomes the player we think he can become.

I agree totally with you, but if the Packers do give Grant a better contract, which they should, does that mean corey williams is gonna play for someone else next season? I wouldnt mind that because Harrell is getting great experience this post season and Jolly will be back and there is still possibly collin cole and daniel muir.

The Legend
01-18-2008, 05:08 AM
and how did you win them???

Radio Lottery Contest

Twiddler
01-18-2008, 11:57 AM
I agree totally with you, but if the Packers do give Grant a better contract, which they should, does that mean corey williams is gonna play for someone else next season? I wouldnt mind that because Harrell is getting great experience this post season and Jolly will be back and there is still possibly collin cole and daniel muir.

I think its possible that Williams could be in demand by some other teams and their attempts to acquire him will drive up the price for him to stay. With that being said, I don't think Thompson is the kind of guy who is ready to overpay a player especially when we have great depth at the position. So I think there's a good chance he walks after this season, not what I want, but that's business.

TitleTown088
01-18-2008, 04:54 PM
MM five years 4 mil per year. Nice.
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080118/PKR01/80118131/1989/frontpage

Achilles33
01-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Come one guys, please beat the pats in the SB.

BRETT FAVRE IS THE MAN!!!!

princefielder28
01-18-2008, 05:53 PM
MM five years 4 mil per year. Nice.
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080118/PKR01/80118131/1989/frontpage

Now he won't be making less than a certain assistant/coordinator in the NFL

neko4
01-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Guys i just took a time machine to 2018, heres what i heard on ESPN.

"Today on SPortscenter, will this be the year Favre calls it quits? Will Aaron Rodgers finally takeover the team?"

TitleTown088
01-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Can anyone tell me if this is true who live sin the GB area. I heard the city turned New York ave to McCarthy way for Sunday. Any truth of this?

GB12
01-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Can anyone tell me if this is true who live sin the GB area. I heard the city turned New York ave to McCarthy way for Sunday. Any truth of this?
I don't live in Green Bay, but that is 100% ******** right there.

johbur
01-18-2008, 08:54 PM
That would almost happen, but I can see Aaron Rodgers retiring before Favre does...

I'm still irritated that Harrell was the selection instead of Greg Olsen. I'd MUCH rather give Williams a good contract than relying on Harrell.

Nice contract for MM and good to see a new Prez, TT and MM all likely to be together for a number of years.

TitleTown088
01-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Harrell and Williams aren't the same type of DT, and Harrell likely won't be relied upon as taking Williams exact role, even if he does leave. Harrell and Pickett will make it very difficult to rush, they aren't pass rushers like Williams is. I don't really see how anyone can still be mad with Harrell over Olsen with the emergence of Lee. The Packers depth on the defensive line is one their major strengths. Imagine the predicament the packers would be in if they hadn't selected Harrell with injuries to Pickett and Jolly. The only real argument I can be seen made at that pick is Leon Hall, he would have helped out immensely.

johbur
01-18-2008, 09:20 PM

I like Johnny Jolly and Colin Cole, but I'd still like to keep Corey Williams. Too bad Harrell has his money and likely his roster spot next year. Ryan Grant definitely deserves a contract upgrade!!! With how many years he has with the Packers, I doubt they'll give him big money, but they need to give him a respectable contract.

The Legend
01-19-2008, 12:31 AM
THE FAB FIVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63GdTSKejX8
NICE HIGHLIGHT

Football Fan
01-19-2008, 02:55 AM
Would the packers get a supplemental draft pick if another team signs williams?

neko4
01-19-2008, 09:59 AM
THE FAB FIVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63GdTSKejX8
NICE HIGHLIGHT
Love the song they play during Drivers highlights

ny10804
01-19-2008, 08:27 PM
I had a bad dream last night. I dreamt that we lost 54-9. I woke up, and thought, "wait, it's Saturday," and felt better.

Sportsfan486
01-19-2008, 08:30 PM
I had a bad dream last night. I dreamt that we lost 54-9. I woke up, and thought, "wait, it's Saturday," and felt better.

I had a dream that we got owned and I was horribly, horribly depressed. Weird dream.

princefielder28
01-19-2008, 09:51 PM
I had a dream that we got owned and I was horribly, horribly depressed. Weird dream.

thats a nightmare

TitleTown088
01-19-2008, 09:57 PM
You guys can keep those dirty thoughts to yourself.

johbur
01-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Would the packers get a supplemental draft pick if another team signs williams?

Yes, if the Packers did not sign someone that offset him. I am hoping for a 5th and 7th rounder this year for who we lost last year.

If Williams signs a 30 million dollar contract and has an equal year to what he's had the past couple years he'd be a 4th rounder in my estimation. What 4th rounder is going to come in a year later and replace his rush up the middle? I'd rather have him.

ny10804
01-20-2008, 09:37 PM
We need a guard that can run block. Sign Alan Faneca.

Vince Lombardi
01-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Yes, if the Packers did not sign someone that offset him. I am hoping for a 5th and 7th rounder this year for who we lost last year.

If Williams signs a 30 million dollar contract and has an equal year to what he's had the past couple years he'd be a 4th rounder in my estimation. What 4th rounder is going to come in a year later and replace his rush up the middle? I'd rather have him.

Yea I'm hoping they can keep Williams too. Even though I have faith in Justin Harrell, he hasn't yet proven that he can replace Williams production.

Also, Faneca would be sweet, though I don't see TT splashing out that kind of money on a guard. I'm hoping we can find a few impact vets to add to the team in free agency though now that we know how close we are.

We'll see what the offseason brings, right now I'm just extremely disappointed..... :(

wiscbadgerfootball
01-20-2008, 10:01 PM
well my sig explains my offseason view

Vince Lombardi
01-20-2008, 10:08 PM
well my sig explains my offseason view

I too would like to see JackIkegwuonutothePackers. ;)

ny10804
01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Divisional Games
2x Chicago Bears
2x Detroit Lions
2x Minnesota Vikings

Easy
vs Atlanta Falcons
vs Carolina Panthers
vs Houston Texans
@ New Orleans Saints

Medium
@ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
@ Seattle Seahawks
@ Tennessee Titans

Hard
vs Dallas Cowboys
vs Indianapolis Colts
@ Jacksonville Jaguars

I see 11.5 wins in my crystal ball.

LonghornsLegend
01-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Are there any packers fans that want Rogers to finally step in and get his shot, or are you guys wanting Favre to make another run? Rogers looked really good and it is about time he gets a shot, he has had plenty of time to learn, and if he sits another year wont it be about time to resign him? Not sure how many years he was signed

EvilMonkey
01-21-2008, 01:16 PM
i think Rodgers has 2 years left on his contract, not entirely positive on that. If it's 2 years left, i definately want Favre back for another year if he can play like he did this year then I'll take Rodgers first starting in the last year of his contract, see how he does, and pay him accordingly after that.

jackalope
01-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Are there any packers fans that want Rogers to finally step in and get his shot, or are you guys wanting Favre to make another run? Rogers looked really good and it is about time he gets a shot, he has had plenty of time to learn, and if he sits another year wont it be about time to resign him? Not sure how many years he was signed

I really don't have a preference on whether Favre returns or not. If he retires, I'll be sad but excited to see Rodgers step up, and if he returns, we get Favre for one more year.

roidrunner
01-21-2008, 08:03 PM
so my thoughts on last nights game is, wow what a horrible game plan. Why did we abandon the run so early. once we lost the run our offense stalled. and to top it off, no real play action pass. and it seems all they did was put their LB's back into coverage. was honestly one of the worst packers games i have seen in a long time. we should of gotten beaten by more than three. WTF Harris. That was a really bad game, Plax, was making every catch. it was just a bad night. but on a positive note, i think it was something that we needed, it will make us want it more next year. so i guess that is a positive spin on things.

GB12
01-21-2008, 09:22 PM
so my thoughts on last nights game is, wow what a horrible game plan. Why did we abandon the run so early. once we lost the run our offense stalled. and to top it off, no real play action pass. and it seems all they did was put their LB's back into coverage. was honestly one of the worst packers games i have seen in a long time. we should of gotten beaten by more than three. WTF Harris. That was a really bad game, Plax, was making every catch. it was just a bad night. but on a positive note, i think it was something that we needed, it will make us want it more next year. so i guess that is a positive spin on things.
A loss in the conference championship game is never needed. I can understand the logic of that if it were a regular season and I thought the Bears game would have done it, but that's crazy to say about the playoffs. I'd take an ass beating in the superbowl over a 3 point loss in the conference championship any year.

roidrunner
01-21-2008, 10:27 PM
i was trying to put a positive spin on it. trust me i am pissed off that we lost. Im trying to think of the glass of half full rather than half empty. if i had my choice we would of wiped the floor with them. but that did not happen.

ny10804
01-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Here's some more positive spin.

Hopefully Thompson realizes we're only a couple pieces away from having a Super Bowl caliber team. This means resigning Corey Williams, with the knowledge that D-line depth is key to this defense. This means making a big splash in FA, where guys like Alan Faneca or Ryan Lilja (two guards who would fit our scheme perfectly) could bring our O-line to the next level.

The money's there, and I think it would be a big mistake to let go of Corey Williams. Our defense is at its best when Pickett, Jolly, Williams, and Harrell are each in for between a 1/3 and 2/3 of the game.

Faneca could help give our OL an identity, and allow Colledge to prepare to take over Clifton's spot.

I can already foresee Thompson talking about "building from within," but I hope he realizes that probably won't be enough to win a Super Bowl.

umphrey
01-22-2008, 12:58 AM
Well after going 13-3 it will be a lot easier to recruit FAs this offseason.

diabsoule
01-22-2008, 01:18 AM
I'm hoping you guys don't re-sign Corey Williams because the Saints need him in the worst way.

neko4
01-23-2008, 09:51 AM
I hate my life

The Legend
01-23-2008, 01:48 PM
I hate my life

im in a despression right now lol, man i wish
Today was Free Agency
Thursday was The Draft
Friday was Training Camp
Saturday was Preseason
Sunday was Season Starter

i dont feel like waiting

PACKmanN
01-23-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm hoping you guys don't re-sign Corey Williams because the Saints need him in the worst way.

Corey is a UT. He amazing on the pass rush, but average vs the run. I really don't care if he gone. His stats went down when we lost our rotation.

PackerLegend
01-23-2008, 04:04 PM
From Pro Football Weekly

DT Williams might consider taking less to stay put

Jan. 23, 2008

A few days removed from their upset loss to the Giants in the NFC title game, we’re told the Packers’ top priority at this writing was to nail down a well-deserved contract extension for head coach Mike McCarthy, which we hear could happen any time now. Once that piece of important business is taken care of — look for McCarthy to double his yearly salary to roughly $4 million — the team is expected to begin taking a closer look at its unsigned free agents, with DT Corey Williams considered to be at the top of the list. As good as Williams performed this season, our sources believe the Packers will not be willing to break the bank on his behalf at a position at which they have already invested heavily. The fact the DT position is also considered probably the deepest position on the team could also send Williams packing. What could keep Williams around, though, is his reported willingness to offer the team a hometown discount for his services. “I love being here in Green Bay,” Williams told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel last week. “The only thing I can say about that is I just want to be treated fair. If that means I would have to take a little cut or whatever, like I said, I just want to be treated fair.”

The Legend
01-23-2008, 04:57 PM
From Pro Football Weekly

DT Williams might consider taking less to stay put

that would be great

GB12
01-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Chad Clifton will replace Walter Jones in the Pro Bowl.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Corey Williams has become one my favorite players. There's something about seeing 99 with that visor in a Packer uniform, I would miss him. You have to respect that he was the only guy out there on the field having several minutes by himself after the game and he cried out there. How can you not want that guy on the team? Also, while our D-Line is maybe the best 4-3 line in the NFL, it lacks guys who force turnovers. He's done that more than anybody on the D-Line the last 2 years.

jackalope
01-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Great to hear that Williams wants to stay. Keeping him would be pretty big.

tjsunstein
01-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Corey Williams is an animal at times but it looked like he was a little antsy in the Giants game and committed some offsides. Overall hes great to have around for the depth.

princefielder28
01-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Corey Williams is an animal at times but it looked like he was a little antsy in the Giants game and committed some offsides. Overall hes great to have around for the depth.

There were two offside penalties at the two yard line; had nothing to lose b/c Jacobs wasn't going to be stopped

ny10804
01-23-2008, 09:19 PM
A fresh legged Corey Williams is a beast. A tired one is "just a guy."

Any team that expects him to be an above average full time player is going to be disappointed. We should keep him in the role he had when Jolly was healthy.

GB12
01-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Favre will not be at the Pro Bowl. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in this decission. He's backed out of it quite a few times now. I understand that after a couple it gets old and most players don't like playing in the game. This is the perfect year for him to go though. He's the starter, his long time left tackle is going for the first time, and McCarthy and Co. will be coaching the team.

johbur
01-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Agreed. It'd be nice to see him out there with the other Packers, but considering he's done it so many times, another QB will appreciate that Favre's not going.

GB12
01-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Agreed. It'd be nice to see him out there with the other Packers, but considering he's done it so many times, another QB will appreciate that Favre's not going.
Jeff Garcia is his replacement, he's already gone 3 times.

The Legend
01-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Sad News Guys - Jack Ikegwuonu..... blow out his knee and wont play next year probly, also is getting charge for stealing a xbox

so now he gonna be a 6/7 round pick or free agent

Twiddler
01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Sad News Guys - Jack Ikegwuonu..... blow out his knee and wont play next year probly, also is getting charge for stealing a xbox

Maybe, but I still think that it is possible that he gets taken earlier by a team that can afford to risk it on a player that won't play in 2008.

The Legend
01-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Maybe, but I still think that it is possible that he gets taken earlier by a team that can afford to risk it on a player that won't play in 2008.
how ealry? i cant see him going in the 1st day

thou i hope the packers still take him

jackalope
01-25-2008, 07:12 AM

Yeah, I heard that. It's really too bad for him. I still hope we take him later in the draft as it wouldn't cost us much and we could simply put him on IR and let him rehab.

The Legend
01-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I heard that. It's really too bad for him. I still hope we take him later in the draft as it wouldn't cost us much and we could simply put him on IR and let him rehab.

its not that simple, what people are over looking it this

He and his twin brother, Bill, allegedly broke into an apartment in DeKalb, Ill. -- where Bill attended school at Northern Illinois and played defensive back for the football team -- and tried to steal an Xbox. If convicted of residential burglary, a Class 1 felony in Illinois, Jack Ikegwuonu faces a minimum of four years in prison and a fine of up to $25,000.

GB12
01-25-2008, 11:42 AM
its not that simple, what people are over looking it this
He's not going to go to prision for that. It's pretty much a non issue, he'll get a fine at that's the end of it.

PackerLegend
01-25-2008, 05:56 PM
I don't get why he would try to steal and xbox when in a little while he will be making millions of dollars. Any1 know how he blew out his knee?

The Legend
01-25-2008, 06:39 PM
I don't get why he would try to steal and xbox when in a little while he will be making millions of dollars. Any1 know how he blew out his knee?

working on his speed practicing his 40 yard dash, he ran 4.28 one time at Wiscon.....
man what if he ran that at the combine lol

johbur
01-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Ike might have great speed, but his 2007 was weak. He's got character issues also. Antoine Cason won the Thorpe award, is a 4 year starter and has been solid all 4 years.

EvilMonkey
01-28-2008, 12:41 AM
Ike might have great speed, but his 2007 was weak. He's got character issues also. Antoine Cason won the Thorpe award, is a 4 year starter and has been solid all 4 years.

He played better towards the end of the year and yeah, the character issues are there as well but probably not that big a concern. Someone will take a shot at him in the 5th round or so.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-28-2008, 02:41 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=1/28/2008&id=34686

Andrew Brandt our salary cap genius is leaving.

DraftKidWonder
01-28-2008, 07:25 PM
this sight he gained another Packer! Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, Nick Barnett, and Greg Jennings are awesome!

ny10804
01-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Was that supposed to make sense?

bearsfan_51
01-29-2008, 07:17 PM
this sight he gained another Packer! Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, Nick Barnett, and Greg Jennings are awesome!
What are your thoughts on Johnny Jolly and Colin Cole? Please 500 words or less.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
What are your thoughts on Johnny Jolly and Colin Cole? Please 500 words or less.

Hahaha lmao.

The Legend
01-29-2008, 10:00 PM

i like how there names repeat JJ, CC thats cool

Hawk
01-29-2008, 11:30 PM

I do believe it was BF51 that dubbed them the Alliteration Duo.

Touche my friend.

princefielder28
01-30-2008, 06:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3222839

interesting article...after he sees the game this Sunday I think he'll be motivated to come back. The chances for the Packers to compete are real and he wants that last chance at another ring

ny10804
01-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Don't forget Donald Driver and James Jones.

GB12
01-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Don't forget Donald Driver and James Jones.
Chad Clifton and Mike Montgomery

bearsfan_51
01-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Actually Donald Driver and Chad Clifton are only half alliterations, as the D and C sounds are different in each name.

Hawk
01-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Actually Donald Driver and Chad Clifton are only half alliterations, as the D and C sounds are different in each name.

I'm gonna make an all alliteration team

someone447
01-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Not only is it JJ and CC it is JoJo and CoCo

Nitschke-Hawk
01-30-2008, 10:57 PM
A new R & B singing duo?

Football Fan
02-01-2008, 12:47 AM
That defeat still hurts
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=713518
I thought this was an interesting read.

The Legend
02-05-2008, 07:02 PM
was up guys its been like 5 days no post

ok let me ask you whos the big free agent you want?

cuzifelt1ikeit
02-06-2008, 10:50 AM
idk about you guys but im extremely happy if our draft would turn out like scotts mock

Nitschke-Hawk
02-06-2008, 02:21 PM

I want T-Sizzle

princefielder28
02-06-2008, 02:23 PM

If we can add an OG in FA and go to the draft CB and DE then I'm happy

GB12
02-06-2008, 04:25 PM
McCarthy will let Joe Philbin call the plays in the probowl. It could be kind of interesting to see what he does, especially since he was an offensive line coach.

Nitschke-Hawk
02-06-2008, 04:35 PM
McCarthy will let Joe Philbin call the plays in the probowl. It could be kind of interesting to see what he does, especially since he was an offensive line coach.

Yeah I thought that was a cool thing to do. I read that on Packers.com

krebstar2000
02-08-2008, 11:45 PM
IMO I thin the Pack need to give the money out to Jared Allen. What was missing from this team that the 96 team had was a dominate DE. I think if the pay to get Jard Allen plus some good drafting this could put them over the top to the superbowl any thoughts about this idea.
ps. I know Jared Allen is nowhere near Reggie but it's what we need across for A-camps

wiscbadgerfootball
02-09-2008, 07:40 AM
missing a dominant DE? Like Aaron Kampman?

princefielder28
02-09-2008, 09:52 AM
missing a dominant DE? Like Aaron Kampman?

yeah yeah I think that would be the one

ny10804
02-09-2008, 11:00 AM
I'd be all for Jared Allen. Him and Kampman would form the best DE duo in the NFL (like Strahan and Osi, but better). We could then trade one of our DTs (ie Williams) because of the surplus. Jenkins could then take some snaps for Kampman on running downs. Voila! Best d-line in football.

johbur
02-09-2008, 12:12 PM
If Jared Allen didn't get franchised, he'd be worth making a serious play for. He and Kampman, with either Kampman or Allen going inside with Williams on third downs and KGB coming in would generate some serious pressure on the QB.

I don't think we can get one of the CBs, but it would be cool to bring in Trufant and have Woodson move to safety if the egos in question could handle it...

princefielder28
02-09-2008, 02:32 PM
If Jared Allen didn't get franchised, he'd be worth making a serious play for. He and Kampman, with either Kampman or Allen going inside with Williams on third downs and KGB coming in would generate some serious pressure on the QB.

I don't think we can get one of the CBs, but it would be cool to bring in Trufant and have Woodson move to safety if the egos in question could handle it...

Allen's troubled past may stop TT from making a move for him

TitleTown088
02-11-2008, 01:17 AM

I'd bet more along the lines that Ted's draft picks will stop him for making a move.

Pacific
02-11-2008, 09:14 AM
How about going after Lance Briggs? He could take over for Poppinga as the starter, giving us one of the best linebacking corps in the league and also allowing Poppinga to be used as more of a blitzer in specialty situations. I think Brady's real strength is in the pass rush.

umphrey
02-11-2008, 11:06 AM

It would be awesome if we got Allen. I don't think that would stop TT he would still bring him in for an interview and see how he feels about him. He would fit great in our system and really elevate our defense. In the end he probably gets franchised though.

PackerLegend
02-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Mike Wahle was cut from the Panthers, people on here have said they wanted Alan Fanaca in free agency but what about Mike Wahle he is younger and would come cheaper. I dont know if he would fit and I havent seen him play.

GB12
02-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Mike Wahle was cut from the Panthers, people on here have said they wanted Alan Fanaca in free agency but what about Mike Wahle he is younger and would come cheaper. I dont know if he would fit and I havent seen him play.
That'd be rather interesting. Wahle didn't hold anything against us for not keeping him, and he still is good friends with some of our players. The problem is that I worry how much he's declined. An even more interesting thought would be to sign him, scrap the ZBS, plug Coston in at RG, and Boom! Clifton-Wahle-Wells-Coston-Tauscher in the old blocking system we used, which they all have experience and success in. (Coston didn't get a chance to play so no success, but he does have the experience and it's clearly a better fit for him)

neko4
02-11-2008, 07:33 PM
even having wahle would be nice if he came cheap

The Legend
02-11-2008, 08:51 PM
http://www.neilcornrich.com/uploaded_images/player_3.jpg

i know Chad would love to have him back, it wold be pretty cool for him to come back

guard Mike Wahle, got the richest contract ever for an interior lineman -- a five-year, $28.5 million deal with Carolina.

http://www.neilcornrich.com/2005_03_01_archive.html

boy times have changed

umphrey
02-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah now I'd only take him as a backup for a cheap price...

That's more because of the ZBS though, I bet Chicago signs him.

bearsfan_51
02-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah now I'd only take him as a backup for a cheap price...

That's more because of the ZBS though, I bet Chicago signs him.
I think we'll sign him as well. I'm not sure how happy about that I would be actually.

princefielder28
02-11-2008, 09:10 PM
I think we'll sign him as well. I'm not sure how happy about that I would be actually.

Can't be any worse than what is currently on the roster

bigboiajhawk
02-11-2008, 10:12 PM
I would love it if chicago picked him up; add another older offensive lineman, to an already old oline

The Legend
02-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Whale is a great guard, i'd take him over Spitz or Colledge any day

umphrey
02-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Whale is a great guard, i'd take him over Spitz or Colledge any day

I think the Packer nostalgia is blurring the vision on Wahle...he's pretty old and he's not a great fit for our team anymore. Give him maybe half a year to learn the new system and he's got at best a couple good years left in him, he's more of a stop gap player now.

FLORIDA PACKER
02-12-2008, 01:03 AM
I think the Packer nostalgia is blurring the vision on Wahle...he's pretty old and he's not a great fit for our team anymore. Give him maybe half a year to learn the new system and he's got at best a couple good years left in him, he's more of a stop gap player now.

Carolina Runs the Zone Scheme as well I believe. He's 31 which is the prime for linemen, and he's the perfect fit for what were running right now, athletic and quick linemen, and he's also got some punch and a lil bit of a mean streak.

bearsfan_51
02-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Yeah, Wahle would be a fine fit for the ZBS, and 31 isn't that old for a team that thinks it has a shot at the SB.

Pacific
02-12-2008, 10:17 AM
I think bringing back Wahle would add some veteran presence to the locker room, especially beneficial for the young o-lineman. I don't think that getting him should be looked on as a need, but if he wants to come back and we don't overpay, I think he'd be a great sign.

neko4
02-12-2008, 06:03 PM
dang i thought he was like 33 or 34
31 isnt that bad at all, Faneca is 31

RockJock07
02-12-2008, 07:03 PM
With TT's style I just don't think he would go after Lance Briggs or not. I guess I wouldn't mind. I was also looking at Domonique Foxworth of Denver. He plays nickel as it is now and is only 24 who would be a cheap upgrade over Bush. His a RFA though which means giving up draft picks, I think he was a middle round guy.

Also, this teams doesn't have many holes. On offense, maybe some depth at OL, maybe a back-up TE (Kellen Davis would be my pick in round 3) but no real worries on that side. I would feel fine if nothing was added to the offense. On defense we all know we need a S and CB depth. My thought is why not trade up and get Kenny Phillips, cause he may not fall to us in round 1. I know TT likes to trade down to get picks but if the pack draft 8-9 guys probably only half, maybe less make the team. I know TT doesn't like to trade up but Phillps would be amazing. I think trading up would be a great decision considering the lack of pressing needs the pack have.

What about if Slaton or J Stewart are there when the pack picks, this is why the draft is amazing. Plus, there are lots of solid WR's, we don't need any but what if DeSean Jackson falls. So many things could happen, but I really think this draft is as solid as it has been in years.

GB12
02-12-2008, 10:18 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=717534

On Tuesday, a day after he was released by the Carolina Panthers, Wahle said the Packers were the kind of team that appeals to him and returning to the organization that brought him into the National Football League nine years ago would be something he could envision.
"I would definitely consider it," said Wahle, who left the Packers in 2005 for a five-year, $27 million free agent contract with the Panthers and made the Pro Bowl that year for the first time. "They're a real class organization. I've got a lot of respect for that franchise."
I probably wouldn't be thinking the same way had he not been a Packer before, but I'm still kind of intrigued by the idea of him returning.

ny10804
02-12-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm completely down for a Wahle reunion.

TitleTown088
02-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Justing Smiley is a better option. He's younger and fits the ZBS better, plus he's familiar with MM. Also, his name makes me happy.

TitleTown088
02-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Also, aren't the Panthers switching over to ZBS? You think that had anything to do with them cutting him?

PackerLegend
02-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Also, aren't the Panthers switching over to ZBS? You think that had anything to do with them cutting him?

Yes they are but they also have alot of needs and not enough money so cutting him and Dan Morgan saved them 7 million. They also have younger options some of which they fairly high draft picks on who are going to start so they didnt need him. I wouldnt mind bringing him back I don't know if he is exactly suited for the ZBS but Im pretty sure Clifton and Tauscher aren't either and they have worked out. Also it always depends on the amount of money he would want, but we don't have to worry because Ted probably wont overpay for someone who is not real old but getting up there in age, he will just get someone younger for less.

GB12
02-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Russ Ball to take over for Brandt.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=717535

umphrey
02-13-2008, 12:36 AM

Yeah we did it the year we cut Wahle... I thought it was a major reason we cut him but apparently he plays in the ZBS in Carolina so I guess that isn't something to hold against him. Evaluating his play in CAR is a different story though and something I haven't done much of.

johbur
02-13-2008, 01:47 AM
Yeah, Wahle would be a fine fit for the ZBS, and 31 isn't that old for a team that thinks it has a shot at the SB.

Then he's a much better fit for GB than for Chicago...

What worries me about Wahle is that he had the torn labrum in his shoulder and wasn't that good last year. Maybe with an off season of treatment he'll be back. For our system, he'd be better than anyone on the roster except maybe Wells. Denver never had a problem with 31 year old linemen in their system.

He won't come cheap, but he's not a break the bank player, and I think after being on Carolina the last two years he wants to get back to winning. Maybe a contract equal to the one he got to leave? It's more reasonable now and GB has the cap room.

Mike Wahle and Jared Allen, along with a solid draft would set the team up nice for 2008 and I think we could fit both guys under the cap as well as pay Corey Williams (franchise?) if we want to keep him.

The Legend
02-13-2008, 06:23 AM
i belive if we sign Jared Allen then that mean Cullen Jenkins is moving to inside so theres no point to tag Williams not to mention we cant tag williams and sign Allen we dont have that type of money

but to be honest i dont see us going after Jared Allen look for him to be asking for 7yrs 63 Million like Charles Grant, his contract will be really big

and i cant see us going after Marcus Trufant also to have 3 defensive back making 5million a year (Harris 5yrs 20 Million, Woodson 7yrs 52 Million) Trufant is going to want money and hes young not to metion Atari Bigby will want a contract also

i see us signing offensive lineman and take care of the players in house like Williams, Bigby, Grant, Coston and add depth in the draft we were one step away from the superbowl i dont see us doing anything big this offseason

neko4
02-13-2008, 09:58 AM
just wondering, anyone think any guys in the draft r worth trading up for?

The Legend
02-13-2008, 01:03 PM

Glenn Dorsey - Vernon Gholston - Ryan Clady

GB12
02-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Glenn Dorsey
That's the stupidest thing I've read on here in months, and I've seen many stupid posts. We are stacked at DT, no need to draft one at all. Taking one on the first day would be dumb, taking one in the first would get Thompson fired, trading up to take a DT would get him decapitated by me personally. To get Glenn Dorsey we would have to give up our entire 2008 draft and our 2009 and 2010 first rounders, for an unproven rookie who could be a complete bust. That's ******* crazy. I wouldn't give that much up for an established NFL star and you want to do it for a freakin rookie.

Vernon Gholston
Again a dumb idea. Not close to as bad as trading up for Dorsey, but still very dumb. Let's say conservatively we'd have to go to 16 to get him. That'd be our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, for again a position that's not even a need.

Ryan Clady
I wouldn't want us to take him if he's available at 30. If you want to take a tackle in the first I guess that's understandable(though I completely disagree with it) but if you want to trade up for one you don't know what you're talking about.

umphrey
02-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Agree with GB, definately don't need a DT and Dorsey is overrated and set for a draft day fall anyway. Gholston will be a good player but he's more of a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 DE, maybe if we put him at LB but we would be paying a huge price for a guy that doesn't fit. Don't know much about Clady but again we aren't going to trade up to draft a backup.

GB12
02-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Ahmad Carroll back in football http://www.orlandopredators.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3700&ATCLID=1387476

princefielder28
02-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Ahmad Carroll back in football http://www.orlandopredators.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3700&ATCLID=1387476

Love Arena Football

Go Chris Greisen and the Georgia Force!

Pacific
02-13-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm a Philadelphia Soul man myself, but that's off topic :)

Good for Ahmad! Now, because he's playing on a smaller field, Carroll can cut his penalty yards in half.....maybe.

TitleTown088
02-13-2008, 08:29 PM

Trade up? Are you out you damn mind? This is Ted Thompson, he can find a gem in any round. If anything, trade back, and let the man do what he do.

Twiddler
02-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Trade up? Are you out you damn mind? This is Ted Thompson, he can find a gem in any round. If anything, trade back, and let the man do what he do.

Well, I'm not so sure about that anymore. Yes, let the man do what he do but I really think the thing he does is do whatever is necessary depending on the condition of his team. In the past three years we've had a desperate need for depth all around so he traded down and got more picks, a very wise things to do. Now that those picks have developed and we have less needs I do think it is possible that we do trade up at one time or another to grab a prospect of our choice. It won't be like trading way up into the first round but I could easily see it later on. Not like more picks is a bad thing but there is a time when a team doesn't need a dozen picks every year, and this may be that time for us.

The Legend
02-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Defensive Tackle
you have justin harrell who we dont know will pan out
you have corey williams who we dont know will be back
we have Ryan Pickett who has 2 years left and takes breaks
we Johnny Jolly who we dont know how he will be from his injury and has 1yr left
and colin cole who is a free agent we dont know if he will be back
so this time next year it could be Harrell, and Pickett in his last year

so yeah glenn doresy wold be smart move to metion he can play inside or outside he can start right away next to Pickett
giving breaks to Pickett & Kampman would hurt also and he can move around

how deep are we really Johnny Jolly & Justin Harell & Ryan Pickett is who we have under contract 3 DT doesnt count as depth

also if we did trade for any of the players its cause they drop its not like saying go out there and get them but if they drop far to please us and we had a good free agency then why not

Vernon Gholston move up for yes because we could have one of the best pass rush's in the league which we NEED if we take him we can move Jenkins back to DT and him and Pickett can do there things, also we can take care of Corner & Tight End & Offensiveline during free agency defensive line would cost to much and the talent level is high after the 7yr contact players

not taking Ryan Clady at 30 would be the dumbest move ever, we talking about a player of can play inside or outside
a player whos very quick and strong great feet work can play any system
people even have him better then jake long as do i, he just doesnt have the amount of games played as you like so thers not amount of tape you need he destoryed every end in the NCAA also not to worry he wont make it past 14 so we would have to trade for the best offensive lineman
to have would give us one of the best O-lines in the league right away
also are people for getting how bad our guards were vs the giants thats why i say move up for offensive line Clady could play guard he maybe better suited there to be come amazing Left Guard would be perfect for him and start him right away hes better then anything else we got

so i stand by my trades even thou you shoot them down

bigboiajhawk
02-14-2008, 01:27 AM
I have been saying all along that the packers should trade up to get calias campbell, because he wont go nearly as high as gholston and he has got great size, better than gholston. I completely agree with you on trading up for a DE, I dont agree with the Glenn Dorsey one, because he is a top ten pick, so we would have to give everything we got to pick up only one player, and with the Clady one, it could happen. Although if he did drop to 30, we had better take him, because he is elite in his pass protection, much like chad clifton is.I would be all for trading up for someone who will have an immediate impact, and that would not cost a ton. I dont feel that Clady will make an immediate impact, so I dont want the packers to trade up for him. I think the packers will make a move this off season on someone, either through free agency or the draft, we are so close to having an elite team, and maybe adding one or two studs would do it.

TitleTown088
02-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Well, I'm not so sure about that anymore. Yes, let the man do what he do but I really think the thing he does is do whatever is necessary depending on the condition of his team. In the past three years we've had a desperate need for depth all around so he traded down and got more picks, a very wise things to do. Now that those picks have developed and we have less needs I do think it is possible that we do trade up at one time or another to grab a prospect of our choice. It won't be like trading way up into the first round but I could easily see it later on. Not like more picks is a bad thing but there is a time when a team doesn't need a dozen picks every year, and this may be that time for us.

That is what Packer fans have been saying for three offseaons.Not going to happen

Ang legend, Jolly is more of a sure thing than Harrell will ever be, the man is a freak.

The Legend
02-14-2008, 03:49 AM
That is what Packer fans have been saying for three offseaons.Not going to happen

And legend, Jolly is more of a sure thing than Harrell will ever be, the man is a freak.

i didnt say he was not but his injury is the question does he come back 100%

neko4
02-14-2008, 05:17 AM
im just wondering
like it says in the question

umphrey
02-14-2008, 12:14 PM
You're DT argument pretty much works for any position on the team. Ex. Favre is gonna retire soon and Rodgers contract is almost up so is it imperative that we draft a QB? Hell no we spent years on Rodgers. Why would we draft another DT and wait for him to develop when we can just resign people who have been with the team and use our draft pick somewhere else?

Twiddler
02-14-2008, 12:37 PM

Ang legend, Jolly is more of a sure thing than Harrell will ever be, the man is a freak.

I think it will, you just can't say that he'll never trade up. Honestly, do we really need to trade down much this year? Its not like we have a huge amount of needs, we have some areas that need to be addressed but other than that its not too much. And just because we did it one way the past three years doesn't mean anything. This is a different situation and we are a more complete team. Maybe I'm wrong but I just think its stupid to think that there is no chance we'll trade up just because of what we've done in the past.

princefielder28
02-14-2008, 02:33 PM
I think it will, you just can't say that he'll never trade up. Honestly, do we really need to trade down much this year? Its not like we have a huge amount of needs, we have some areas that need to be addressed but other than that its not too much. And just because we did it one way the past three years doesn't mean anything. This is a different situation and we are a more complete team. Maybe I'm wrong but I just think its stupid to think that there is no chance we'll trade up just because of what we've done in the past.

Yeah we are no longer in a building mode like the past 3 drafts have been for TT; we are in a state where we are just a few pieces from getting to where we want to be and trading up and bringing in an impact player in the draft would be of those few pieces we're looking for.

TitleTown088
02-14-2008, 03:47 PM
It dosen't matte if the packers are in rebuilding mode or not. TT covets draft picks and he dosen't trade up. Sure, there is always a possibility if the situation is right, but don't count on it.

Ted Thompson will " reach" with the packers first draft pick on an offensive lineman. Just watch.

GB12
02-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Defensive Tackle
you have justin harrell who we dont know will pan out
Do you not realize how dumb this makes you look? We don't know how last years first round DT will turn out so we should draft another first round DT this year? Riiight. In that case we should not draft Glenn Dorsey because we don't know how he will "pan out".
you have corey williams who we dont know will be back
The reason Corey Williams might not be back is because we're so stacked at DT that it's not necessary to keep him. If we resign Williams then there is absolutely 0% chance we draft Dorsey opposed to the .0001% chance if we don't. If we don't resign him than we decided that we are happy with the guys under contract. Honestly here, you just proved my point.
we have Ryan Pickett who has 2 years left and takes breaks
Ryan Pickett is only 28. DT is not like running back where players lose it once they hit thirty. Also Ryan Pickett never takes plays off. I don't know what the hell you're watching, but that's far from the truth. He does his job very well.
we Johnny Jolly who we dont know how he will be from his injury and has 1yr left Johnny Jolly will be fine. The injury he suffered was minor as far as season ending injuries go. They even initially thought he could have come back and played at the end of the season. Had it happened in October instead of November he would have been back. I'm not concerned in the least about this. And take a look at his injury history. He had a much more serious ankle injury last year and he came back from it and took the starting job.

and colin cole who is a free agent we dont know if he will be back If we want Colin Cole back he will be back. Why would you even bring him up? He's a restricted free agent so we own his rights unless we choose not to have him Even if he was unrestricted we'd be able to sign him easily.

so yeah glenn doresy wold be smart move to metion he can play inside or outside he can start right away next to Pickett
No, drafting Glenn Dorsey would be idiotic. He wouldn't start right away either, Jolly would.

There is no point you could possibly make to say Dorsey makes sense.

Gravedigger42
02-14-2008, 09:11 PM
TT is all about best available and I don't believe he will "reach". I also believe if he trades up it will only be a few spots and only for the right guy. We have to remember that his valuations of players don't always follow convential wisdom. I think that is a good thing personally. I beleive we will most certainly be surprised by a few of his picks but all in all we will end up with a solid class of draftees. Remeber his ML analogy. You don't want to miss out on the next MJ just because it isn't a team need.

bigboiajhawk
02-14-2008, 09:21 PM
All I know is we need to give Justin Harrell a chance. I would love to see DE with the first pick, but you have to go back to Ted Thompson's days in Seattle, in which he drafted marcus trufant, now a stud. He hasnt drafted a corner in the first round yet, so I have a feeling that is the way he is going to go. I really wouldnt mind if the packers traded up for Leodis McKelvin, which they would have to give up a lot for, but the kid is going to be a stud, he is just so fast. But I wouldnt mind it either if the Packers just stayed put, and got a guy like DRC, who is a little unproven against top quality, but he has got so much potential. I just see a big name coming, one who's name isnt Mike Wahle, who just got signed by Seattle.

FLORIDA PACKER
02-15-2008, 12:11 AM
D

There is no point you could possibly make to say Dorsey makes sense.

What if he Miraculously fell to Number 30? Point Just made. Game Set and Match!

Seriously though man, Ease up a bit no need to be throwing the insults out if you disagree.

RyanBraun8
02-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Alright my take is none of those guys are worth trading up except MAYBE Clady, knowing how we'd have to give up to get one of those other guys!! geez Dorsey will cost us alot of picks this and next draft. No need. If we trade up it should still stay in the 20's to get Talib or another CB that proves himself a good fit.

Now I said that how about the Pack signing Crumpler, you guys opposed to it? Or would except it with open arms? He was just cut today by the Falcons, we have the money and even though he was banged up last year, he is still a treat in the passing game. I like Lee but im also a big Alge fan, and then we can dump Bubba.

Jim Jim
02-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Crumpler from the Falcons would be someone I'd take a look at.

neko4
02-15-2008, 02:38 PM
sure!
Just imagine if we lined up with Driver, Jennings, Jones and Crumpler!

princefielder28
02-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Crumpler from the Falcons would be someone I'd take a look at.

I'm sure Crumpler will look to go somewhere where his going to start like Minnesota. In Green Bay he has to compete with Donald Lee and I think management will only invest so much in the tight end position and by adding Crumpler that would exceed the amount we want to add to the position

EvilMonkey
02-15-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm sure Crumpler will look to go somewhere where his going to start like Minnesota. In Green Bay he has to compete with Donald Lee and I think management will only invest so much in the tight end position and by adding Crumpler that would exceed the amount we want to add to the position

yeah, he isnt gonna come here and even if he did the way he played last year I dont think he'd be an upgrade over Lee or anything..

TitleTown088
02-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Crumple is too old for the Packers youth movment, and they already have a old TE in Bubba. The Packers have Lee as a receiving end, so Crumpler is not needed. It would be a much better idea to upgrade the position for the future through the draft. Also, don't forget that the Packers have Humphrey coming back this season who was doing very well before getting hurt.

FLORIDA PACKER
02-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Yea Im not really for or against signing Crumpler, maybe If we hold onto to Franks as well at a reduced salary, just because Crump isn't well known for his blocking. I'd much rather see us grab a more versatile TE Like Ben Utecht who can block and catch. Although we are going against a lot of Cover 2 this year so having a couple field stretching Tightends would help.

umphrey
02-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Apparently Alge wasn't really a cap casualty but cut because he had work ethic problems (in addition to ATL rebuilding). Doesn't sound like the kind of guy we would give a decent sized contract to, which he would probably require.

Random Falcon Fan Quote:

Crumpler: Getting older, injury plagued, and he is grossly overweight. Drops a ton of balls. He is a product of Mike Vick. He's nothing more then average now.

GB12
02-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Now I said that how about the Pack signing Crumpler, you guys opposed to it? Or would except it with open arms? He was just cut today by the Falcons, we have the money and even though he was banged up last year, he is still a treat in the passing game. I like Lee but im also a big Alge fan, and then we can dump Bubba.
So you want to cut Franks because he's old and not the same player but want to sign Crumpler? Crumpler's 30, just like Franks, and had injurie to his foot, ankle, and knee last year and has an injury history. To be honest I think Crumpler is overated. He's a product of Mike Vick, and the fact that the Falcons never had even a half decent WR in his time there. Besides being a little faster Crumpler is a rather similar player to Bubba. Franks was criticized for dropping some passes, but Crumpler's hands have been even worse as of late. Franks is a better blocker and a better redzone threat. At 6-6 Bubba's a big target and a tough matchup while Crumpler's only 6-2. 6-2 is good size for a WR, but for a tight end it's on the short side. Which brings me to my next point, both weigh about 265. For a tall guy like Franks that's good, but for a guy of Alge's height it's out of shape.

To do what you suggested would be an insane amount of money to waste. Not only would we have to give Crumpler a fat contract (He's still clearly the best TE available and there are some teams with a huge need at that position), but we'd take a big cap penalty from releasing Franks. Not to mention that Alge wouldn't want to come here. He wouldn't start over Donald Lee, but would be the #1 elsewhere. I think we'll see him end up in Seattle.

I had more written, but my internet page froze and I was forced to close it and retype the response. :(

johbur
02-15-2008, 08:35 PM

Crumpler would be a great fit for Minnesota: They have have an "athletic" QB that is not a very good passer, their WRs blow dog, he's older and brittle and they'll sign him to an outrageous contract and he'll tank for them. What's not to like?

PACKmanN
02-17-2008, 06:22 PM
The one guy I want TT signing in Willams, safety from the bengals, then move Rouse to OLB. were I saw him play a lot this year, because of Collins injury.

GB12
02-17-2008, 06:37 PM
The one guy I want TT signing in Willams, safety from the bengals, then move Rouse to OLB. were I saw him play a lot this year, because of Collins injury.
Can you re-word that please? I can't understand what you're trying to say.

PACKmanN
02-17-2008, 06:42 PM

sign Madieu Williams, and move Rouse to LOLB where he lined up a lot during Nick Collins injury......

ny10804
02-17-2008, 06:44 PM

Madieu Williams from the Bengals. Seems like an average/above average player. I'd stick with what we've got and maybe draft a guy.

Aaron Rouse would then move to OLB after the signing, which I think is a horrible move. The transition would never work mentally.

As for Rouse playing at OLB due to Collins' injury, I don't know.

GB12
02-17-2008, 06:50 PM
sign Madieu Williams, and move Rouse to LOLB where he lined up a lot during Nick Collins injury......
Rouse never played OLB so I don't know how you saw him play a lot there last year.

Williams doesn't seem like an upgrade to me. I'd rather give Collins another year to prove himself. Also if the Bengals don't want him that's something to be concerned with.

neko4
02-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Rouse never played OLB so I don't know how you saw him play a lot there last year.

Williams doesn't seem like an upgrade to me. I'd rather give Collins another year to prove himself. Also if the Bengals don't want him that's something to be concerned with.
yeah their defense sucks

PACKmanN
02-17-2008, 06:58 PM

I saw Rouse lined up with the linebackers a couple of times this year. I think one of the games was when we faced the Vikings and Peterson got hurt.

As for Williams, he is a major upgrade at the SS spot thats for sure, and you could move him to SS or move Collins to SS. Williams fits what the packers want out of the Safeties, he can cover very well and could also tackle if needed(had 100+ one season.) As for the Bengals not signing him part, why would Williams want to go back? their a mess from the GM, coaches, and players. He may want out and trust me, he doesn't fit the image of the Bengals...

TitleTown088
02-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Packman is right, rouse did play OLB in a few packages last year. It wasn't too often that he did, but he certainly did.

GB12
02-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Packman is right, rouse did play OLB in a few packages last year. It wasn't too often that he did, but he certainly did.
No, he didn't. He came up a few yards from where the FS normally plays against the Vikings and even played almost a bump and run against the tight end close to the line of scrimmage a couple times, but no he never lined up at OLB.

PACKmanN
02-17-2008, 07:51 PM
No, he didn't. He came up a few yards from where the FS normally plays against the Vikings and even played almost a bump and run against the tight end close to the line of scrimmage a couple times, but no he never lined up at OLB.

Ive seen him line up with the other 3 linebackers, I'm saying he lined up at the linebacker position during games. They must of ran some short of a 46 defense, but what ever it was, he was with the linebackers.

TitleTown088
02-17-2008, 08:27 PM

Yeah he did. I actually never noticed it during the game, but Packersnews even made a comment about it when they did a story covering him. I'll see if I can find it.

johbur
02-18-2008, 02:21 AM
I like Rouse's instincts and I like him a whole lot more than Bigby. Bigby would be a fine back-up, but he's a back-up. For all the big hits and being in the right place to intercept the tipped ball, he was still regularly used in coverage and the SS spot yet again gave up the most TD passes on the team. He had some of the same questions Greg Blue had coming out: LB or DB? I would like to keep Rouse at DB and have him earn the job in camp at SS.

Unless there's a quality SS that gets cut due to cap reasons, I'd much rather find a guy in the draft to shore up the position and provide competition for that SS spot and depth at the FS spot. Charlie Peprah is a special teamer, nothing more. We need more.

The Legend
02-18-2008, 10:14 PM
would like to get your oppions
2nd Round Pick for Lito CB

princefielder28
02-18-2008, 10:16 PM

At the age of 26 I say yes; he's got about 7 more solid years left and if Harris or Woodson would go down we would have a very reliable backup and eventual replacement

neko4
02-18-2008, 10:18 PM
he does have knee problems, soooo...

umphrey
02-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm one of the biggest Rouse fans on this forum but I don't know if you can take away Bigby's starting spot that quickly. It was his rookie year and he had a bunch of interceptions and came up big in the playoffs...also improved steadily as the year went on and had a lot of support from teammates on defense. Best guy in camp wins it I guess.

I don't think Collins is safe at this point anymore. He's been pretty average and disappears sometimes, doesn't make many plays and hasn't really improved since being a rookie. Not sure on what differences there are between FS and SS and how Rouse fits them though...didn't he play there when Collins was hurt though?

I would love that trade, not gonna get a player like him at the end of the second round, that's for sure. Assuming Lito would want a new contract with the trade, I think we might have to move him or Woodson to safety temporarily, but if he'd stay on the rookie contract for a few years it would probably be an acceptable deal for a nickel CB.

neko4
02-18-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm one of the biggest Rouse fans on this forum but I don't know if you can take away Bigby's starting spot that quickly. It was his rookie year and he had a bunch of interceptions and came up big in the playoffs...also improved steadily as the year went on and had a lot of support from teammates on defense. Best guy in camp wins it I guess.

I don't think Collins is safe at this point anymore. He's been pretty average and disappears sometimes, doesn't make many plays and hasn't really improved since being a rookie. Not sure on what differences there are between FS and SS and how Rouse fits them though...didn't he play there when Collins was hurt though?
Im down with that plan, i dont even think we should draft another Safety this year. (Unless its a guy like Reggie Smith) The 3 will get better through competition with eachother. Maybe Collins hasnt improved since he was a rookie because no one ever challenged him for his spot. I mean think of all the crappy Safties to pass through here

TitleTown088
02-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Im down with that plan, i dont even think we should draft another Safety this year. (Unless its a guy like Reggie Smith) The 3 will get better through competition with eachother. Maybe Collins hasnt improved since he was a rookie because no one ever challenged him for his spot. I mean think of all the crappy Safties to pass through here

Depends on who's available. If a guy like Phillips is there, I'd be all for it.

TitleTown088
02-18-2008, 11:15 PM

Meh, Like you said it, depends on who's available. If a guy like Phillips/Smith is there, I'd be all for it.

umphrey
02-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Allen got tagged. He was my dream FA. Oh well, maybe next year, I wasn't expecting us to get him anyway.

The Legend
02-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I would love that trade, not gonna get a player like him at the end of the second round, that's for sure. Assuming Lito would want a new contract with the trade, I think we might have to move him or Woodson to safety temporarily, but if he'd stay on the rookie contract for a few years it would probably be an acceptable deal for a nickel CB.

hes not in his rookie contract, he has 5yrs left for 25 million
also i was reading http://www.rrstar.com/sports/columnists/x469084867
they think we should go after Alan Flanca AND/OR Lance Briggs

ChezPower4
02-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Give Bigby a break, this was his first year starting and he played pretty well. I'll admit that he has things that he has areas he needs to improve in, but what player doesn't? He did give up a few TD's but he also made quite a few big plays for the team. The stats don't lie he had 5 picks (led team), 3 forced fumbles (lead team), 14 defenced passes (lead team) and he is great in run support. He's also a big hitter and that alone can cause opposing WR's to drop some balls. When it comes down to it he makes big plays.

I totally agree with getting Rouse on the field, he only got a few opportunities this year but he showed that he can be a playmaker and I can't wait to see if he wins one of the spots in camp!

RyanBraun8
02-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Give Bigby a break, this was his first year starting and he played pretty well. I'll admit that he has things that he has areas he needs to improve in, but what player doesn't? He did give up a few TD's but he also made quite a few big plays for the team. The stats don't lie he had 5 picks (led team), 3 forced fumbles (lead team), 14 defenced passes (lead team) and he is great in run support. He's also a big hitter and that alone can cause opposing WR's to drop some balls. When it comes down to it he makes big plays.

I totally agree with getting Rouse on the field, he only got a few opportunities this year but he showed that he can be a playmaker and I can't wait to see if he wins one of the spots in camp!

wow ChezPower im pretty sure your my hero! All these people just hate on Bigby and just pisses me off! I hate it! Just watch all his film from after the Dallas game then try to pick him apart...wait you can't because we played just as good if not better than anyone on our defense! Yes, your all right in the beginning of the season he had alot of mistakes but he learned from them like MOST FIRST YEAR PLAYERS must do, its like all you forget that it was really his first year. People say you have to give Brandon Jackson time, and Harrell time but none of you think Bigby needs any time? A bad first half so he is a career back-up? WOW!

I mean he was playing like a poor mans Bob Sanders (hit hard, make plays all over the field and cover very well) toward the end of the season, to bad he was playing like a poor mans Roy Williams(could hit the crap outta ya but cover lol not there) in the beginning of it. Give him another season to see which one he is with more experience. Dont write him off so fast just because a bad first half and the fact he always looks stoned off his ass haha

neko4
02-19-2008, 09:32 PM
When it became apparant that we were good, we immediatly identified weaknesses. Those were Bigby and Jackson, but Jackson was replaced by Grant so now the next big weakness was Bigby. Especially when we saw Rouse come in and get a pick, it really made me doubt Bigby. I think he'll still beatout Rouse, but he needs to get better and fast. We're a team that can win it all next year and we cant have a single player fall behind. People were giving Jackson time, because at the begining of the year we didnt realize we were a 13-3 team and Harrell is sitting behind the deepest core of DT's in the league

GB12
02-19-2008, 09:51 PM
I actually really like Bigby. He has everything he needs to be a top safety he just has to put them together. We already know he can hit and tackle, I don't think anyone's concerned with that aspect of his game. His coverage needs work, but with practice he should be able to improve. He's been moved around from corner to linebacker to safety in his pro career so it make sense that he's a little rough. When he was placed at safety he was a practice squad player and the 5th or 6th guy in line. Now that he'll be getting the majority of the reps and working with the first team I think we could see a big improvement come next year. Like a few have already said it was basically his rookie season. If he was say a second round pick I have a feeling everyone would be in love with him, and we'd be in agreement that he should start next year. Rouse seems to have a good feel for both safety positions so he'll get a chance to compete for FS and SS. He might have a better chance unseating Collins than Bigby. I'm going to be a little upset if Bigby isn't the starter for 2008.

princefielder28
02-19-2008, 09:52 PM
I actually really like Bigby. He has everything he needs to be a top safety he just has to put them together. We already know he can hit and tackle, I don't think anyone's concerned with that aspect of his game. His coverage needs work, but with practice he should be able to improve. He's been moved around from corner to linebacker to safety in his pro career so it make sense that he's a little rough. When he was placed at safety he was a practice squad player and the 5th or 6th guy in line. Now that he'll be getting the majority of the reps and working with the first team I think we could see a big improvement come next year. Like a few have already said it was basically his rookie season. If he was say a second round pick I have a feeling everyone would be in love with him, and we'd be in agreement that he should start next year. Rouse seems to have a good feel for both safety positions so he'll get a chance to compete for FS and SS. He might have a better chance unseating Collins than Bigby. I'm going to be a little upset if Bigby isn't the starter for 2008.

After his performance in the playoffs he must be the starter next year

RyanBraun8
02-19-2008, 10:05 PM
I actually think the bigger position battle is with Rouse and Collins, I really do. Collins is just so out of control coming in for tackles, hes a big liability and he really showed that in the play-offs. He's a loose cannon, he goes flying over there, puts his head down, then gets in bad position. I want to love Collins and was a huge fan but to me he just isn't progressing that much. He still makes a good amount of mistakes in coverage, and i don't feel comfortable with his tackling.

Know imagine Rouse and Bigby as our Safteys... lol wow what WR would want to come over the middle. I mean these guys hit and look like Linebackers!

TitleTown088
02-19-2008, 10:11 PM
hes not in his rookie contract, he has 5yrs left for

When was Nick extended? I must have missed that.

RyanBraun8
02-19-2008, 10:28 PM
When was Nick extended? I must have missed that.

Think they were talking about Lito Sheppard

TitleTown088
02-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Think they were talking about Lito Sheppard

Oh I see. too much brain work today. I'm a bit behind.

johbur
02-20-2008, 02:59 AM

If stats don't lie for Bigby, then toss in that he lead the team in missed tackles at 15, the same amount that Marquand Manuel missed last year. Also from jsonline: Bigby had 8 penalties. Bigby's total was extreme for a safety. From 1991-'06, no Packers safety ever had more than four. Manuel had one last year. The most touchdown passes were allowed by Bigby with five, a notch less than Marquand Manuel's 5 1/2 last year. That is twice as many penalties as any safety the Packers have had over the last 15 years and he's a half TD upgrade as far as scoring defense.

Great for Bigby that he had the caused turnovers. At least he had more turnovers caused than TDs given up. Also great he lead the team in PDs, but he also had the most penalties (which means 8 first automatic first downs given up) and most missed tackles. That's 28 negative plays of penalties, missed tackles and TDs given up, as compared to 22 positive plays of picks, fumbles and passes defensed.

He's a nice story being a UDFA, but I would much rather see Rouse in with Collins, unless Kenny Phillips falls, which isn't going to happen.

RyanBraun8
02-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah but most of those came early in the season, the fact is that he prgressed alot as the season went on. Starting after the Dallas game he really got going and played great football. We'll have to wait and see this August how its going to work out but we dont need to draft a saftey i dont think.

EvilMonkey
02-20-2008, 02:30 PM
yeah Bibgy really improved later in the year. He still wasnt great in coverage or anything later in the year and in the playoffs (not terrible either) but he made plays and didnt give up the big play or get penalties like he did previously. I agree with Braun's statement that Rouse and Collins might be the battle for a safety spot next year. I'm not sold on Rouse but collins overpursues a lot and Rouse seemed more disciplined that I think that might be a better fit for our team than having collins and bigby both running free.

someone447
02-20-2008, 02:46 PM
yeah Bibgy really improved later in the year. He still wasnt great in coverage or anything later in the year and in the playoffs (not terrible either) but he made plays and didnt give up the big play or get penalties like he did previously. I agree with Braun's statement that Rouse and Collins might be the battle for a safety spot next year. I'm not sold on Rouse but collins overpursues a lot and Rouse seemed more disciplined that I think that might be a better fit for our team than having collins and bigby both running free.

Bigby and Collins will start next year. I will bet on that. Neither are as bad as you are making them out to be. Bigby was pretty bad in the beginning of the year, but he made tremendous strides.

SunDevil450
02-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Bigby's picks came when he was out of position on pass coverage balls were tipped and were gift wrapped to him. He excelled against the run but i still see him as a liability. Our coverage against TE is also worth noting hawk and barnett matched up better than the safeties

EvilMonkey
02-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Bigby and Collins will start next year. I will bet on that. Neither are as bad as you are making them out to be. Bigby was pretty bad in the beginning of the year, but he made tremendous strides.

i didnt necessarily mean they were bad, i just think they both have a tendency to overpursue too much and Rouse looked a little more disciplined and I'm hoping he can develop and possibly win one of the jobs next year so we can have a little more balance instead of 2 guys who both overpursue stuff a lot.

umphrey
02-20-2008, 03:32 PM
The only safety we have that can man cover a TE is Rouse. Bigby and Collins are 5'11 so that's probably around a 5-6 inch height difference on your average TE. If we have those 2 starting we have to use LBs or a different kind of coverage. Not sure who the best 2 will be next year but Rouse definitely gives us that advantage.

Boston
02-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Bigby's picks came when he was out of position on pass coverage balls were tipped and were gift wrapped to him. He excelled against the run but i still see him as a liability. Our coverage against TE is also worth noting hawk and barnett matched up better than the safeties

Meh, that was more earlier in the year. He was pretty much a beast in all aspects of the game during the playoffs.

ny10804
02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Having Bigby, Rouse, and Collins fight for the two safety spots is a good thing. All can do some things very, very good (Bigby/hitting, Collins/speed, Rouse/ball hawking.

If anyone remembers the Seattle game, Bigby absolutely dominated. I think the starters will be him and Rouse. Collins should be tried as a corner. His mental abilities have always been a concern of mine, and IIRC it was the main knock on him when he was coming out. A corner's responsibilities are a lot simpler than a safety's, and he has the perfect build and speed to be a corner.

The Legend
02-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Please God Give Us Brandon Flowers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsMNyu77Ld8

for god sake i saw him on NFLTA, saw him on ESPN, now on youtube

this kid is the real deal i think hes the next superstar

if god gives us him, i will FLIP THE F OUT

Boston
02-20-2008, 05:09 PM
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/02/20/1/

Corey Williams got tagged, Franks was released. Suprising...

TitleTown088
02-20-2008, 05:11 PM
He's trade bait... I hope.

jackalope
02-20-2008, 05:11 PM

Wow, surprised to see Franks cut, I was under the impression that we would take a major cap hit. Good move tagging Williams.

princefielder28
02-20-2008, 05:12 PM

Good for Corey! As far as Bubba goes, he was great early on and then lost it real quick but I wish him the best of luck

PACKmanN
02-20-2008, 05:14 PM

welcome, finally someone has seen the light

TitleTown088
02-20-2008, 05:32 PM

Flowers is who I want the most in the draft on the defensive side of the ball. I am just enamored with him, and think he would fit the defense perfectly.

GB12
02-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Wow, surprised to see Franks cut, I was under the impression that we would take a major cap hit. Good move tagging Williams.
Yeah, that's the main reason I thought we'd keep him. I haven't seen anything on how much it's going to cost us yet.

I love to hear Williams is tagged. Now I'm for letting Cole walk, and having Pickett, Jolly, Williams, Harrell, and Muir, in that order.

Nitschke-Hawk
02-20-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm big fan of Corey. Of course he fits the Tampa 2 better so if a team offers us a good deal we should take it. For example the Bucs and Colts got late first rounders and could really use a DT that's in his prime and is a really good guy and player. A bad team wouldn't trade for him.

GB12
02-20-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm big fan of Corey. Of course he fits the Tampa 2 better so if a team offers us a good deal we should take it. For example the Bucs and Colts got late first rounders and could really use a DT that's in his prime and is a really good guy and player. A bad team wouldn't trade for him.
I think mid second is the best we can get if we do trade him.

GB12
02-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Oh, and 5 bucks says the Vikings sign Franks. :p

neko4
02-20-2008, 06:31 PM

he's my 5th fave Cb, has some attitude probs

TitleTown088
02-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh, and 5 bucks says the Vikings sign Franks. :p

Yeah, I've been thinking that for awhile too. Damn Green bay west over here.

Edit: Bubbas cap him with be 3 mil plus 500,000 roster bonus.

princefielder28
02-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I've been thinking that for awhile too. Damn Green bay west over here.

Edit: I'm not too sure about Bubba cap hit... I think maybe 3 mil.... maybe a roster bonus as well.

Yeah it is because they aren't good at football either...(it's a joke to those who actually live in the area b/c Green Bay West High is awful at football)

umphrey
02-20-2008, 08:12 PM
He's only 5'10", to play Woodson/Harris's position you need to be 6'0" minimum IMO.

(re: Flowers)

Favre4ever
02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
From what ive seen this year, between all of our safeties Rouse was the better in coverage by far and the organization knows it. TT made it clear that they needed to put this guy on the field. I dont even remember him getting beat in any of the games he started. His instincts are also way better than the others which allows him to make plays like he did this year. It doesnt matter, Bigby or collins out, Rouse is a starter next year.

Vince Lombardi
02-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Glad to see Williams tagged. I'd like to see him stick around for awhile so we can keep a strong rotation.

It's sad to see Bubba move on, but as a player he just doesn't cut it any more. Lee is a much better option, it'd be nice to see them get another playmaker TE in the draft to team up with him.

ny10804
02-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Assuming we don't trade him - a trade being speculation on my part - hopefully Corey can get some snaps at Kamp's spot on running downs.

GB12
02-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Assuming we don't trade him - a trade being speculation on my part - hopefully Corey can get some snaps at Kamp's spot on running downs.
Yeah, I liked when we did that. The injuries to Cole and Jolly put an end to it and Kampman's production fell a bit. I'd like to see it even more than we did when they were healthy too.

TitleTown088
02-20-2008, 09:52 PM
He's only 5'10", to play Woodson/Harris's position you need to be 6'0" minimum IMO.

(re: Flowers)

Who cares how tall he is. I care if he can Jam well in press coverage, cornerstone of the packers cornerbacks.

Nitschke-Hawk
02-20-2008, 09:55 PM
I think mid second is the best we can get if we do trade him.

Franchise tagged players net two first rounders in a trade.

princefielder28
02-20-2008, 09:56 PM

Thats if a team tries to sign him

GB12
02-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Who cares how tall he is. I care if he can Jam well in press coverage, cornerstone of the packers cornerbacks.
In that video that you were so in love with he never once jammed and his coverage wasn't too good. It was just him making big hits, and it looked like he was in zone a lot. I have some interest in him, but I wouldn't spend a first on him. He'd be a great fit for a cover two team, probably the best cover two corner in the draft. There are guys that fit what we run much better than Flowers does.

GB12
02-20-2008, 10:00 PM

Thats if a team tries to sign him
That's correct, and there's no way a team's going to give up two firsts for Corey Williams. Like I said one second rounder, probably middle of the round, is the most we likely could get if we look to trade him.

PackerLegend
02-20-2008, 10:04 PM

really? i didn't think it was all that surprising. Bubba moves like a turtle maybe more like a sloth and he isnt what he used to be. He was getting paid way to much to be a backup and they probably tried getting him to take a pay cut and he didn't want it so he got cut. You know the Packers wanted Williams and they tried getting a deal done and it didn't happen so he was tagged. I like both moves alot. Our D-line stays really deep which helps the secondary. I wouldnt rule out Williams getting traded but i wouldn't count on it I think the Packers really like what he offers and wont trade him unless its a really good deal. TT likes building with players we already have thats why many free agents havent been brought in while alot of our players have been resigned and giving new deals.

TitleTown088
02-20-2008, 10:05 PM
In that video that you were so in love with he never once jammed and his coverage wasn't too good. It was just him making big hits, and it looked like he was in zone a lot. I have some interest in him, but I wouldn't spend a first on him. He'd be a great fit for a cover two team, probably the best cover two corner in the draft. There are guys that fit what we run much better than Flowers does.

What video was I in love with???

bearsfan_51
02-20-2008, 11:01 PM
He's trade bait... I hope.
You can't solicit trades with franchised players. I'm not sure if teams can contact you, I'm assuming they can, but I know the Packers cannot make calls.

I don't remember the last time a franchised player has been traded, might be worth looking up.

Suprising move no doubt.

TitleTown088
02-21-2008, 12:27 AM
You can't solicit trades with franchised players. I'm not sure if teams can contact you, I'm assuming they can, but I know the Packers cannot make calls.

I don't remember the last time a franchised player has been traded, might be worth looking up.

Suprising move no doubt. I'd be willing to bet teams would inquire about Corey... Will they actually trade for him? That's a different story.

neko4
02-21-2008, 12:59 AM

Suprising move no doubt.
Champ Bailey? I thought i saw someone post about it. I dont want to trade Williams. Next year, with Jolly and Cole back. Harrell in his 2nd TC, and the rest all back we will have a great Dline