PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

Nitschke-Hawk
03-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Minnesota still can't touch us unless they have a real good draft. Williams and Berrian are nothing more than "above average to good" type of players until they prove otherwise.

NAVY
03-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Bill Parcells has said that Jason Taylor will not be leaving Miami, barring retirement. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3273442

If I were TT, I would still make an offer though, you never know what might happen and I think that Taylor would make our defense scary.

Yes, parcells did say that. But if you were going to let a player go prior to the draft (2months away) would you want people to know that? Or would you rather them think that taylor was available for a trade only?

Brothgar
03-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey guys I'm trying to get a mock FA/ Draft goin and Teams are astill open

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18848

cheesehead10790
03-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Anbody else amused by espnews saying Favre is pushing the FO to go after Randy Moss and it can effect his choice on the future..?

TitleTown088
03-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Anbody else amused by espnews saying Favre is pushing the FO to go after Randy Moss and it can effect his choice on the future..?
Yeah, it's ESPN trying to create drama.

In other news... TT looking into Boss Bailey.

Quote:
The Green Bay Packers have made initial contact with Detroit Lions free-agent linebacker Boss Bailey but they don't have a visit scheduled and aren't in a big hurry to address their linebacker position.

Quote:
Agent Jack Reale said Sunday that there was contact made between the two sides but he wouldn't characterize the degree of interest the Packers had at this point. Bailey joins St. Louis' Brandon Chillar as linebackers the club has expressed interest in since free agency began Thursday night.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=723915

bearsfan_51
03-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Brandon Chillar >> Boss Bailey

roidrunner
03-03-2008, 01:10 AM
rumor is we are going after Boss Bailey. Sounds like a good pick up if he can stay healthy

TitleTown088
03-03-2008, 01:27 AM
rumor is we are going after Boss Bailey. Sounds like a good pick up if he can stay healthy

You really should read before you post....

As for Chiller>Bailey, I really doubt he makes it outta the desert. Bailey will prob sign with Denver too.

roidrunner
03-03-2008, 01:49 AM
man we are really striking out on FA it seems. sorry i am half awake and i can not get this ringing sound out of my head. i was at a concert all night

Meta4
03-03-2008, 06:16 AM
I would really like to bring Chillar in for a visit, I prefer him over Boss. Either way we need to bring someone in to push Poppinga.

umphrey
03-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Dunno why Chillar would be so quick to sign with Arizona, they suck and we don't

TitleTown088
03-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Dunno why Chillar would be so quick to sign with Arizona, they suck and we don't

I do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hkjkTe5kZE

The Legend
03-03-2008, 11:25 AM
I do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hkjkTe5kZE

thats a great song lol

PackerLegend
03-03-2008, 06:49 PM
I predict the Green Bay Packers will sign DE Corey Smith from the Lions tomorrow.

princefielder28
03-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I predict the Green Bay Packers will sign DE Corey Smith from the Lions tomorrow.

If we do that's fine....I'm not as upset as I was last year with us having very little activity because looking at the contracts that players are getting this year the Packers are being smart by not over spending. Just because you have the space doesn't mean you should use it up for the sake of making a move. 3 picks on Day One should fill the holes that the free agents have not been able to.

roidrunner
03-03-2008, 08:39 PM
i have been thinking about this more and more. lets say favre retires. how much cap would we have???

bigboiajhawk
03-03-2008, 08:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=6846BE43615C48B65E5984B5C00B383B ?videoId=09000d5d807034c3

This video talks about the packers being a free agency loser. I agree with what princefielder28 says. Im glad they didnt pay decent not great players to ridiculous contracts.

I dont think adam schefter knows the green bay packers, and why does he think that with randy moss the packers will be so much better?

I'm starting to think we are going to have a new starting quarterback next year, and I am actually fine with that.

roidrunner
03-03-2008, 09:03 PM
i think it is better to not go out and buy a bunch of free agents like the jets, formerly the Redskins, but rather sit back and watch our kids grow and sign the ones we need to keep to long term deals and let the one we do not need go, and replace them with new younger guys. so i am beginning to think letting Randy Moss go was a good thing. Lets see what Jennings can do in his second full year as a starter.

TitleTown088
03-03-2008, 09:07 PM
i have been thinking about this more and more. lets say favre retires. how much cap would we have???

I would guess off the top of my head around 30-35 Mil? I could be wrong, but I'm too lazy to look it up. If i remember correctly after the Williams trade the packers are sitting around 23 mil... add another 10 or 11 mil to that.

Edit- After looking into it a little bit it seems the Packers would be close to 37 million under the cap if Favre retired...

roidrunner
03-03-2008, 09:09 PM
LOL so basically we could pay for the Florida marlins with our cap space, if Favre retires.

TitleTown088
03-03-2008, 09:27 PM
LOL so basically we could pay for the Florida marlins with our cap space, if Favre retires.

Maybe. I'm not so sure that's completely correct... I'll work it out later tonight when I have the time. I'm sure it would be relatively close though.

neko4
03-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I just want us to sign one well-known OG who fits the ZBS

roidrunner
03-03-2008, 11:23 PM
ive been thinking. i have heard some people say that this is not a top heavy draft class, but it is rather deep. I have been looking over, players and positions. i am starting to think that we are going to trade back from our pick in round one for either more picks or a high pick next year. TT likes to stock pile picks and i think this is the draft to do it. we really do not have alot of needs or glaring holes like other teams. and we do have the extra 2nd rounder. i think TT is going to shop this first rounder out and see what he can get. just throwing it out there.

bearsfan_51
03-04-2008, 12:01 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=6846BE43615C48B65E5984B5C00B383B ?videoId=09000d5d807034c3

This video talks about the packers being a free agency loser. I agree with what princefielder28 says. Im glad they didnt pay decent not great players to ridiculous contracts.

I dont think adam schefter knows the green bay packers, and why does he think that with randy moss the packers will be so much better?

I'm starting to think we are going to have a new starting quarterback next year, and I am actually fine with that.
Rod Woodson nailed that point about Moss being an outlet for Favre to do whatever the hell he wants and make stupid decisions if they'd have signed him. This is why you don't let players run your franchise.

TitleTown088
03-04-2008, 12:17 AM
The Packers and Jaguars have reportedly shown interest in free agent LB Brendon Ayanbadejo.
Neither has set up a meeting with him or has an open spot at linebacker.
Source: Chicago Tribune

As reported, but now confirmed.

roidrunner
03-04-2008, 12:25 AM
would we want him at LB??? i know he wants to be the highest paid special teamer in the league.

Goatboy1717
03-04-2008, 12:26 AM
ive been thinking. i have heard some people say that this is not a top heavy draft class, but it is rather deep. I have been looking over, players and positions. i am starting to think that we are going to trade back from our pick in round one for either more picks or a high pick next year. TT likes to stock pile picks and i think this is the draft to do it. we really do not have alot of needs or glaring holes like other teams. and we do have the extra 2nd rounder. i think TT is going to shop this first rounder out and see what he can get. just throwing it out there.

Earlier I was pretty convinced that they might trade UP but now Im starting to lean this way. This is a pretty deep draft class and TT knows how to find those late round sleepers so it wouldnt surprise me. Maybe a team looking to trade into the bottom of the first to pick up a QB like Flacco, Henne, or Brohm might be the possible suitors.

roidrunner
03-04-2008, 12:29 AM
thats what i was thinking. We have something that we really dont need to badly. get some extra picks. stockpile talent. or get another first for it if we can. and then have two first rounders next year, to trade up with or stock pile talent with next year.

bigboiajhawk
03-04-2008, 01:57 AM
I think even if the packers got a another second rounder and lets say a fourth that would be okay. Three second round picks would be almost the same as what the packers have now, with a late first and two seconds. There is so much value in the second round. There will still be decent corners, (cason, possibly flowers, patrick lee) All the Lbs for the most part will be there. All of the TE's will be there unless Fred Davis has a ridiculous pro day and vaults himself into the first round. A long story short: there will be a lot of good players there. So I think it is a strong possibility, and if Brett doesnt come back, that the packers will be looking to trade down.

johbur
03-04-2008, 03:00 AM
For the team TT has assembled, I am hoping he does not trade down. I would prefer he stand pat, or maybe move up in the third round, considering we should be having a compensatory pick (I am guessing a fifth rounder) and he could use the regular fifth to move up. With players that are very solid at "need" positions, I don't think TT has to move up in R1 or R2. He could get a CB, LB and TE in R1/R2, then see what SS is available R3. He might need to move up higher to get a specific player, like Josh Barret, otherwise he can pick BPA at areas that need depth. This team went to the NFC Championship and does not need another 10 rookies to build the depth. They need 5 to 8 new players to give competition at weak spots and build depth at the others. Why trade down when you are really only looking for a player to challnge at DE for a backup spot, an OLB to challenge B-Pop, a healthy MLB to back up Barnett if Bishop and Hodge are not going to be ready, two CBs that will be there for depth, and a S to challenge to start or be a solid backup. That's 6 on defense. On offense there's a need for backup TE, maybe even two, though if they keep two FBs, probably not, maybe a backup RB to challenge Morency, though the Packers gave him a tender, and then someone to challenge at OG, which I don't know how many rookies we would be able to get that would do that for this upcoming season. That's 3 on offense, 9 total. If the Packers bring in a DE and an OLB FA at a reasonable price, particularly if they are good special teamers, then that would be only 7 players to push for those roster spots. Why trade down to fill those?

If Brett didn't come back, I would say there would be more of an argument to possibly trade up and get a quality backup QB, as Rodgers has not proven to be the ironman Brett is.

Yatta!
03-04-2008, 05:55 AM
There is little need to trade down for extra picks as we have no where near as many needs as we did in the past few seasons. We are in a very nice position at the moment.

However, I could see us trading out of the first for a package that involved an 09 1st, provided all the premier CB prospects had gone. I agree with Goatboy, I could see someone wanted our pick to snare Brohm or Flacco.

Yatta!
03-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Brett Favre is retiring.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034

Thanks for the memories Brett, its gonna be strange not seeing him on the field every Sunday. He's been our QB since I started following football and that probably goes for a few other people on these boards too.

Puts a totally new outlook on next year.

cordscords
03-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Brett Favre is retiring.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034

Thanks for the memories Brett, its gonna be strange not seeing him on the field every Sunday. He's been our QB since I started following football and that probably goes for a few other people on these boards too.

Puts a totally new outlook on next year.

Pretty much the worst news for any Packers fan to hear. It's going to be weird not watching him anymore.

All I can do is support Rodgers as he takes over the offense and remember the good times that Brett gave us.

The Legend
03-04-2008, 08:57 AM
i dont know about you guys but i felt like this was going to happen, ill miss him
im worried about the running game as it going to be very important Colledge "STEP UP"
where gonna ride Grant big time

Smokey
03-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Well hell. Words fail.

Vince Lombardi
03-04-2008, 09:21 AM
If this is in fact true, it's one of the saddest days of my life. One more year Brett!

The Legend
03-04-2008, 09:30 AM
we should sign a qb maybe

Daunte Culpepper
David Carr
Byron Leftwich

all big arm QB's lol

ChezPower4
03-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Today is a sad day in Packer history. Brett has been playing quarterback for the Packers since I can remember, it's very hard to see him walk away from the game especialy after the season that he and the team had last year.

Now it's time for Aaron Rodgers to show that he is the guy and not just a backup. I think that he will do very well

umphrey
03-04-2008, 09:57 AM
I like Rodgers. I hope we bring in Leftwich as a backup.

RyanBraun8
03-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Ughh, its a sad sad day, he is really the only QB in GB that i have ever really watched. I mean i saw Don a little bit but i was like 5. Its going to be weird like someone said earlier.

Now if DRC or Talib are not there in the 1st, why not trade down? 3 2nd picks plus maybe an extra 4th. 6 picks between the 2-4 rounds could build great depth with the deep draft class:

2nd round
CB Flowers, Cason, Lee
OLB Henderson, Gooden maybe Crable (great SLB canidate he's a beast)
TE Keller, Bennett,
O-line Rachal, Cousins( could easily move to guard, like him alot)

3rd
take one of those 4 positions you didn't cover in the 2nd

4th
RB
CB/S
WR
IDK you would have 2 so whatever other position TT would want to load up on

The Legend
03-04-2008, 10:37 AM
if Reggie Smith is there i hope he dont trade down

EvilMonkey
03-04-2008, 10:41 AM
as a backup QB, i know he sucks but mccarthy has made him great at one time, can probably still make a decent backup out of him...

aaron brooks??

johbur
03-04-2008, 10:50 AM
That is very disappointing. I am wondering if they knew this last week when they put the web-site up.

A friend of mine is hoping he will announce his retirement for AFTER the 2008 season and this will be his last hurrah.

I donít know. The way the web-site looks set up is that he will not be back next year.

The Rodgers era is going to begin, and I wonder if Brett waited until there was a good team for the new QB to play with so that his career would not be trashed like so many of the QBs that follow legends. Look at the guys who came after Aikman, Marino and Young. They had terrible times as the organizations did not have a lot of playmakers around them. When Joe Montana left SF, there was still a very good team for Young to play with and he took them to the SB. Maybe Brett decided that Rodgers will have a good receiving corp, a good defense, a solid line and a decent RB, so now it is up to Rodgers to make his name and will not be playing in Brettís shadow with a team like Brett had two years ago that was terrible.

RockJock07
03-04-2008, 11:21 AM
This is a shock to me, but after hearing the reasons he gave, I really do understand. The grind of a NFL is something we will never know about and to do it every year for 17 season has got to be draining. Brett Favre will lose records to Peyton and Brady, but he had the whole package, a personality that matched his game. We will never see a player like Brett again. I'm only 22, I'm just glad to have seen play for this long.

As for the teams future, I really believe that Aaron can lead this team. He has had a chance to sit and watch and more importantly, learn the playbook. We as fans need to understand that Brett will not come back, we need to support Aaron, TT, and MM in helping this team move on.

ESPN is pushing the Randy Moss thing, but really, i don't think that's the factor.

jackalope
03-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm obviously sad to see him retire, but I'm not surprised or dissapointed really. I'm excited to see Rodgers finally get his chance.

bearsfan_51
03-04-2008, 11:42 AM
That is very disappointing. I am wondering if they knew this last week when they put the web-site up.

A friend of mine is hoping he will announce his retirement for AFTER the 2008 season and this will be his last hurrah.

I donít know. The way the web-site looks set up is that he will not be back next year.

The Rodgers era is going to begin, and I wonder if Brett waited until there was a good team for the new QB to play with so that his career would not be trashed like so many of the QBs that follow legends. Look at the guys who came after Aikman, Marino and Young. They had terrible times as the organizations did not have a lot of playmakers around them. When Joe Montana left SF, there was still a very good team for Young to play with and he took them to the SB. Maybe Brett decided that Rodgers will have a good receiving corp, a good defense, a solid line and a decent RB, so now it is up to Rodgers to make his name and will not be playing in Brettís shadow with a team like Brett had two years ago that was terrible.
Come on now....do you really think Favre gave a rat's ass about Aaron Rodgers? I think he either:

a) got tired of training
b) didn't think that the FO really wanted him back (that's what his agent said, and I've been thinking that since 2005)
c) didn't think they were realistic enough Superbowl contendors to give it another year.

Anyway, I posted it in the other thread, but I think it's so fantastic I'm putting it here too.

http://thefeed.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/jake.jpg

I don't know if he'd be willing to come in just to be an insurance policy to Rodgers, and it's really not fair to ask Rodgers to compete for the job against another veteran, but it makes a lot of sense and the Pack could still win with the ol' Snake.

vikes_28
03-04-2008, 11:47 AM
sad pack fans...favre retired, just heard about it. I may be a big vikings fan, but i had a ton of respect for the guy. hope aaron rodgers can fill those shoes

bearsfan_51
03-04-2008, 11:49 AM
hope aaron rodgers can fill those shoes
No you don't.

princefielder28
03-04-2008, 12:00 PM
No you don't.

Haha....this is a joyous day in for other teams in the North Dvision because it means that the Packers have fallen back to the pack a little bit and the other teams, mainly Minnesota, have a chance at the division.

The Legend
03-04-2008, 12:04 PM
no offence but let be real no one can fill Favre shoes

bearsfan_51
03-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Haha....this is a joyous day in for other teams in the North Dvision because it means that the Packers have fallen back to the pack a little bit and the other teams, mainly Minnesota, have a chance at the division.
I'll be honest, the reason I'm not doing a happy dance (other than out of respect), is that I'm in the category that this doesn't hurt the Packers all that much. I didn't expect Favre to repeat 2007 next year anyway. It's simply asking way too much of someone in his late 30's (unless you're pill-popping Roger Clemens). My hope was that Favre would delude himself into still thinking he could win a championship, stick around for 2-3 more years, and ruin any chance the Packers had of establishing continuity with Rodgers.

So to that end, I actually agree with johnbur that the timing here works out perfectly for the Packers, I just don't think he necessarily cared about that one way or the other.

Twiddler
03-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I'll be honest, the reason I'm not doing a happy dance (other than out of respect), is that I'm in the category that this doesn't hurt the Packers all that much. I didn't expect Favre to repeat 2007 next year anyway. It's simply asking way too much of someone in his late 30's (unless you're pill-popping Roger Clemens). My hope was that Favre would delude himself into still thinking he could win a championship, stick around for 2-3 more years, and ruin any chance the Packers had of establishing continuity with Rodgers.

So to that end, I actually agree with johnbur that the timing here works out perfectly for the Packers, I just don't think he necessarily cared about that one way or the other.

Yeah, it really is good timing. Granted 3 years is a long wait for Rodgers but regarding the situation and how Brett played this year it could have been a few years longer which wouldn't have been good. This way Aaron gets a start while he is still young and Brett gets away from the game in good condition while leaving behind one hell of a last season. Honestly, not including how the championship game looked at times, we couldn't have asked for a better year for him to end his legacy on. It was quite the run.

roidrunner
03-04-2008, 12:28 PM
i am not that scared of having rodgers take the helm. i think he showed that he is able to take charge, and has the knowledge of the system to suceed. Atleast during the Dallas game he showed that. granted that it was only one game. but still he showed that there might be something to him. but this atleast shows that we will be drafting a QB in this draft to take over for the #3 spot, and i think the odds of resigning nall just went through the roof.

Twiddler
03-04-2008, 12:30 PM
i am not that scared of having rodgers take the helm. i think he showed that he is able to take charge, and has the knowledge of the system to suceed. Atleast during the Dallas game he showed that. granted that it was only one game. but still he showed that there might be something to him. but this atleast shows that we will be drafting a QB in this draft to take over for the #3 spot, and i think the odds of resigning nall just went through the roof.

Yeah, Nall should be a gimmy. But I don't really have any worries about Rodgers right now either. We can't expect him to perform that greatly next year but I think he has the tools and knows the offense enough to be a good QB in his first year. Now he just needs game experience. A lot of it, I might add.

roidrunner
03-04-2008, 12:34 PM
my only fear is that he seems to be a little injury prone. hasnt he had like 2 broken bones or something like that. in three years. but that might be because I am so used to Favre who seems to be invinceable.

PackerLegend
03-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Its a sad day when a legend retires but it was going to happen sometime. Im really excited to see what Rodgers can do. We now have a ton of cap, we had like 24 million by Favre retiring we get 10-12 million so we have 34-36 million which is maybe the most by this time with all the signings that have happened. Im sure we will find out the exact amount soon.

PackerLegend
03-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Brett Favre left Chris Mortenson a voicemail saying that the reason he's retiring is that he's mentally worn down.

Favre apparently told Mortenson that the Packers' failure to acquire Randy Moss wasn't the driving cause behind his retirement, and that even getting to the Super Bowl and losing would have been too mentally draining. Still, Mortenson speculates that if the Packers had acquired Moss, Favre would have continued to play.

PackerLegend
03-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Not so long ago when franchise quarterbacks like Troy Aikman and Steve Young retired, their respective teams dropped like anchors because the contracts they had given to the two were adjusted so many times that huge amounts of salary cap money were due immediately upon their retirement.

It took the Cowboys and 49ers years to escape from salary cap hell.

The Packers will not face the same problem. In fact, they're going to have as much or more salary cap room as any team in the NFL once quarterback Brett Favre files his retirement papers.

All that is remaining in pro-rated signing bonus money on Favre's contract is $600,000. That's an amazingly low figure and credit for that has to be given to former negotiator Andrew Brandt, who constructed the deal in 2001.

As soon as Favre officially retires, the Packers will remove Favre's base salary of $12 million from their books. They'll have to subtract the $600,000 in pro-rated signing bonus left, which means they'll gain $11.4 million in salary cap room.

As it stands now, the Packers are about $24 million under the 2008 salary cap of $116 million. Add on the Favre money and they're $35 million under the cap.

One thing they'll have to be watchful of is making sure they reach the minimum amount each team must spend to satisfy the collective bargaining agreement. I have to do some more research to find that amount, but it's something like 65% of the salary cap.

UPDATE: According to my research, a team must spend at least 75% of the annual salary cap.

umphrey
03-04-2008, 12:55 PM
What in the world are the Chicago Bears doing?

Seriously, if anyone knows please e-mail me because I am at a loss.

Remember how the Oakland Raiders went to the Super Bowl back in 2003 and it has been a steady downward spiral for them ever since? The Bears are getting dangerously close to that. After making their Super Bowl appearance in 2007 Chicago dropped to 7-9 and finished last in last place of their division. That's first to worst in less than a year. Now that is troubling enough but the problem is they are getting worse this offseason. A lot worse! The Bears re-signed Rex Grossman and traded Brian Griese which means that either Rexy or Kyle Orton is going to be starting for them. Those two haven't been the answer for the past three years so I don't know what in the world makes them think they will be the answer now... Another major issue for the Bears has been their lack of playmakers at wide receiver and what did they do to address that problem? They let Bernard Berrian leave as a free agent and they cut Muhsin Muhammad. I'll be the first to admit that I don't think either of those guys are superstars but they were the best Chicago had and now they are left with Mark Bradley, Devin Hester, Rashied Davis as their top three pass catchers. Are you kidding me? On a good team not one of those players is anything more than a #3 option. How about up front along the offensive line. Right Tackle Fred Miller: Gone. Left Guard Rueben Brown: Gone. Oh, and let's not forget Cedric Benson (although I am sure the Bears would like to)... So let's sum up the areas where the Bears have major problems on offense: Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Offensive Line. For those of you keeping track at home that is every position except tight end. On a positive note their defense should be better next year once they get everyone healthy but with as bad as their offense figures to be that isn't going to matter. There is still a long way to go before the start of the 2008 season and I'm sure Chicago will make some moves but at this point I don't see how they can possibly come close to plugging all of those holes. In fact, it will probably take them a good 2-3 years to rebuild that offense and by that time you wonder if their defense will still be playoff caliber. I hate to say it but it sure looks like the Bears Super Bowl window has closed for the time being.

Looks like a 2 horse race for the NFC-N next year. Unless Chicago does some last minute FA signings and has a great draft, and they all somehow click to make a somewhat respectable offense, but that seems like a long shot to me.

RockJock07
03-04-2008, 12:59 PM
I really think Rodgers has something to prove. If you remember, he could have been taken by SF at #1, he was in the discussion pretty much up until draft day. I'm pretty sure no one thought he would slid as far he did. I think he has a chip on his shoulder. He just needs to not try and be Brett Favre when he gets his chance, or else it could go very badly.

TitleTown088
03-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Damn, the Packers have a lot of cap room right now. The Favre retirement frees up dang near 12 mil...However, now that Rodgers is the starting QB his salary will increase.. So I can't be exactly sure.
Look for some big extensions, Jennings for sure. Grant and Bigby will likely get contracts as well. Anyone I'm missing?

GB12
03-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Damn, the Packers have a lot of cap room right now. The Favre retirement frees up dang near 12 mil...However, now that Rodgers is the starting QB his salary will increase.. So I can't be exactly sure.
Look for some big extensions, Jennings for sure. Grant and Bigby will likely get contracts as well. Anyone I'm missing?
Johnny Jolly is priority #1 to me, because unlike who you mentioned he'll be an unrestricted free agent next year. Jennings, Pickett, Grant, Bigby, and Kampman are the rest who should get new deals. We have already locked up a lot of key players recently. I'd assume we give Kampman a contract that's extremely front loaded to use up some of the crazy cap space we have and get him a deal that's fair for a top DE while staying in great cap shape for future years.

neko4
03-04-2008, 06:27 PM
WTF? NFLN just said Rodger's backups are jerry babb and dalton bell, i thought we cut them and Nall was backing him up
do we still have them

PackerLegend
03-04-2008, 06:32 PM
WTF? NFLN just said Rodger's backups are jerry babb and dalton bell, i thought we cut them and Nall was backing him up
do we still have them

Both are currently on the active roster according to Packers.com

On Feb 7th they were resigned to reserve/future contracts.

bigboiajhawk
03-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Johnny Jolly is priority #1 to me, because unlike who you mentioned he'll be an unrestricted free agent next year. Jennings, Pickett, Grant, Bigby, and Kampman are the rest who should get new deals. We have already locked up a lot of key players recently. I'd assume we give Kampman a contract that's extremely front loaded to use up some of the crazy cap space we have and get him a deal that's fair for a top DE while staying in great cap shape for future years.

The one thing that the packers do well, is they reward people. Look at cullen jenkins, donald lee, driver, etc. So i think the packers are really smart with not spending huge bucks on free agents, and as posted above, there are a lot of players who will be requiring a larger contract. I'm not that big of a Johnny Jolly fan, I am partial to J Harrell, but Jolly brings what Corey Williams brought, and that is pumping up the crowd. If the packers bring in quality draft picks, this team could be great for a while.

neko4
03-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Both are currently on the active roster according to Packers.com

On Feb 7th they were resigned to reserve/future contracts.
alrite.
I like Babb, i think UL-Lafayette's offense was similar to Southern Miss' offense in 87-90

GB12
03-04-2008, 07:37 PM
alrite.
I like Babb, i think UL-Lafayette's offense was similar to Southern Miss' offense in 87-90
There's nothing to like about Babb. He's just a camp arm. I'm not sure what those two offenses have to do with anything.

I think resigning Nall and drafting a 5-7 round QB is the way to go.

neko4
03-04-2008, 07:39 PM
There's nothing to like about Babb. He's just a camp arm. I'm not sure what those two offenses have to do with anything.

I think resigning Nall and drafting a 5-7 round QB is the way to go.
I was just trying to make some correlation between Favre and Babb. Not saying Babb is the next Favre in any way though. I just miss the guy already

Goatboy1717
03-04-2008, 07:56 PM
What a sad day for all NFL fans. Ive been a Packer fan my whole life and have never seen anyone besides Favre start at QB so this will be new to me but Im excited to see what Rodgers can do. I think he will do fine this year. The way to go is to re-sign Nall and maybe, like someone said above, sign Aaron Brooks.

TitleTown088
03-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Out of curiosity... Has anyone on here ever seen anyone besides Lord Favre play QB for the GB packers? ( Live, of course)

Goatboy1717
03-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Ive seen Aaron Rodgers and Craig Nall(In the last week of the 2007 season).

TitleTown088
03-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Ive seen Aaron Rodgers and Craig Nall(In the last week of the 2007 season).
You know what I mean. Pre Favre.

BTW did Anyone get annoyed with Favrecenter today?

Goatboy1717
03-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Not pre favre. I was born 3 days after Farve debuted for the Packers.

GB12
03-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Ok, so let's say that our team doesn't lose anything from this year, offensively or defensively. We win the NFC North, win the wildcard game, divisional game, conference championship, and then Superbowl. How strange would that feel

roidrunner
03-04-2008, 10:10 PM
i think we will win the NFC north. but how far we go in the playoffs, lays on the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers.

TitleTown088
03-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Ok, so let's say that our team doesn't lose anything from this year, offensively or defensively. We win the NFC North, win the wildcard game, divisional game, conference championship, and then Superbowl. How strange would that feel

It would feel like if I was able to have sexual intercourse with Jessica Alba, but i wasn't allowed to use my very own Johnson. I got to do the ultimate, but I didn't get to enjoy it with the one I truly loved.

Hope that doesn't sounds too weird...

Boston
03-04-2008, 10:30 PM
It would feel like if I was able to have sexual intercourse with Jessica Alba, but i wasn't allowed to use my very own Johnson. I got to do the ultimate, but I didn't get to enjoy it with the one I truly loved.

That's basically the exact same way I feel...

roidrunner
03-04-2008, 10:34 PM
i think i am going to wear black tomorrow

TitleTown088
03-04-2008, 10:36 PM
i think i am going to wear black tomorrow And shoot up the school?

roidrunner
03-04-2008, 10:40 PM
LOL. no but i am going to rock a packers tie tomorrow.

johbur
03-05-2008, 01:28 AM

Yeah, that sounds weird. By hook or by crook, oral or fisting, if GB wins the SB I would be as happy as if Favre were on the team. No player is bigger than the team. I loved Reggie White, but he retired and the team moved on. I'm sad that Reggie isn't here now, but I miss him as a person and Favre will still be around if he wants to be.

princefielder28
03-05-2008, 09:19 AM
The Packers are looking at bringing in Quinn Gray to give the team some depth at the QB position.

Jakey
03-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I just made this Favre sig...if any1 wants to use it to celebrate his retirement, go ahead.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd22/Jakey70/FavreSig.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd22/Jakey70/FavreSig.jpg

RockJock07
03-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Raiders sign Javon Walker to a huge contract, I guess you have to overpay when you lose your main target.

umphrey
03-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Any news on Chillar? Last I heard he was visiting AZ on Monday and was coming here next.

The Legend
03-05-2008, 12:22 PM
hes in Green Bay right now

Packer_Backer
03-05-2008, 01:01 PM
hes in Green Bay right now

Hopefully we sign him, because from everything I've heard he could be a good pickup for the right price.

The Legend
03-05-2008, 01:09 PM
anyone else think Aaron Rodgers is a bit under paid
5yrs - 7.7 Million
kind of low for a 1st round pick starting qb
i think if he has a decent year where gonna
have to redo his contact

Packer_Backer
03-05-2008, 01:11 PM
5yrs - 7.7 Million
have to redo his contact

If he meets certain criteria I think his salary gets bumped up a bit.

EvilMonkey
03-05-2008, 01:28 PM
yeah he has incentives based on starting and stuff i think. It will go up this year with bonuses i think

PackerLegend
03-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Free agent DE Corey Smith is in Green Bay for a visit on Wednesday.

The meeting was originally expected to happen on Monday. Smith will go to Houston if no deal is struck, and possibly Minnesota and Atlanta after that. LB Brandon Chillar is also expected to arrive in Titletown later Wednesday.

princefielder28
03-05-2008, 01:51 PM
According to rotoworld Brett Favre will hold a press conference tomorrow

umphrey
03-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Chillar:
I read that he was going to go to either AZ, GB, or STL and basically pick the one that gave him the best contract, with a slight preference to stay in the NFC-W. AZ is in cap trouble and STL let him test the market so we could pick him up, but we aren't usually the team to throw money at a player.

TitleTown088
03-05-2008, 02:41 PM
5yrs - 7.7 Million
have to redo his contact

Rodgers stands to earn an additional 2.2 million upon being named the starter.

Whistler6
03-05-2008, 03:28 PM

That is by far the best quote I have ever heard...especially on the situation of Brett Favre. Describes my emotions perfectly

TitleTown088
03-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Did anyone see that Brett Favre naked segment by Kenny Mayne on ESPN? That was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3VS0wWAi9A

Twiddler
03-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Did anyone see that Brett Favre naked segment by Kenny Mayne on ESPN? That was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3VS0wWAi9A

Yeah, I saw that a while back. Very funny. Also kind of humorous is this link shown by SI.com.

http://www.bugehoobs.com/sports/real_reasons_brett_favre_retired

The tenth reason is the best.

TitleTown088
03-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Tent Green anyone?

In addition to the Giants, Rams, and Saints, the Packers have reportedly reached out to free agent Trent Green.
Green Bay could use a tested veteran behind Aaron Rodgers. St. Louis still seems to be Green's most likely landing spot. He's a native of the Gateway City and the Rams recently hired QBs coach Terry Shea, a close friend of his.
Source: St. Louis Post Dispatch

princefielder28
03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Trent Green would be a nice security blanket

roidrunner
03-05-2008, 10:31 PM
i would prefer not to have trent green, lets be realistic here. Green is one hit away from being a vegetable. if he isnt already one. i prefer to have a somewhat durable backup.

bdlyons26
03-05-2008, 11:53 PM
No Trent Green..... a veteran needed... yes.... but not Trent.... maybe as a coach but not a player!

HEISMANHERSCHEL
03-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Just wanted to come say, "I'm sorry about your loss." He was amazing, and it sucks when it is over. So many memories. He was so much fun to watch.

Yall know who I'm talkin about. He wont just be missed in Green Bay.

johbur
03-06-2008, 01:45 AM
I do not want a veteran QB. I want Rodgers. I want Craih Nall backing him up. Then I'll take a round 5 or 7 rookie to groom, just like 15 years ago when Wolf ran the show.

Also, if Rodgers gets hurt, if Nall is on the team, Brett is more likely to come out of retirement to save the season as Nall is his favorite hunting buddy that's left.

TitleTown088
03-06-2008, 03:03 AM
Just wanted to come say, "I'm sorry about your loss." He was amazing, and it sucks when it is over. So many memories. He was so much fun to watch.

Yall know who I'm talkin about. He wont just be missed in Green Bay.

Thanks bru.

Brunell to the Pack? That's the rumor? perhaps?

neko4
03-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Rodgers seems up to task
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=yasinskas_pat&id=3278137
"You can't replace a legend and I know that going in,'' Rodgers said. "All I can do is try to be the best quarterback I can be. I'm not going to let anyone outwork me and I'm going to be accountable to my coaches and teammates. I know it's a challenge, but I've got a good team around me and I had three years to learn from Brett, who is the greatest quarterback ever.''

Pacific
03-06-2008, 09:12 AM
I like the Quinn Gray idea. He's someone with some experience, upside, and he's been used to sitting on the bench. I think he'd be a perfect backup for us.

princefielder28
03-06-2008, 11:33 AM
For those of you who don't know, you can catch Favre's press conference on packers.com right now

jackalope
03-06-2008, 11:36 AM
For those of you who don't know, you can catch Favre's press conference on packers.com right now

I'm streaming it, but I can't get any sound for some reason.

Edit: Nevermind, I just got it to work.

The Legend
03-06-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm streaming it, but I can't get any sound for some reason.

Edit: Nevermind, I just got it to work.

wow thanks just check it out

RockJock07
03-06-2008, 12:23 PM
You can see that Brett and even Deanna, just look tired, look worn out. We as fans can be selfish sometimes, but after listening to Brett I feel like this was the perfect time for him to retire, and usher in Aaron.

As far as Trent Green, no, this is Aaron's time and I believe if youre not going to start him, then he's not your QB of the future. We need to take our lumps with Aaron.

The Legend
03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
yep there not coming back

TitleTown088
03-06-2008, 12:51 PM
That was a rough one to watch.

On another note. I got a bar full Vikings fans here in Minnesota to cheers one for #4, last night. I was pretty impressed with the bastards.

PackerLegend
03-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Apparently the Packers are looking at Tab Perry, a WR from the Bengals......... hmm out of all the positions a WR?????? O well

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-doltab0808,0,4423451.story

The Dolphins had Bengals free-agent receiver Tab Perry in for a visit Wednesday, but a deal hasn't been reached.

The Packers and Ravens are also believed to be interested in Perry, a 6-3, 208-pounder, who also returned kicks for Cincinnati. Perry also is still talking with the Bengals.

Perry had 22 catches for 375 yards with three touchdowns in 2004, but a hip injury has limited his participation in the past two seasons.

PackerLegend
03-06-2008, 01:03 PM
rotoworld.com

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Packers inquired to bring Javon Walker back before he signed with the Raiders.

Very odd if the interest was serious. While Green Bay would know how to use Walker's skills, where would he fit on the roster? It could indicate the Packers feel Donald Driver is declining.

..... Donald Driver declining?? Really I havent seen it and since when would bringing back a guy with basically 1 knee and a bad attitude help?

The Legend
03-06-2008, 01:05 PM
That was a rough one to watch.

On another note. I got a bar full Vikings fans here in Minnesota to cheers one for #4, last night. I was pretty impressed with the bastards.

does that mean you may change your bottom quote lol

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 01:34 PM
of course he will not change his bottom line quote. because they still get smoked every time they are in a bowl.

TitleTown088
03-06-2008, 01:41 PM
does that mean you may change your bottom quote lol

No way, they're still a bunch of freaking idiots. Nothing is worse than a viking fan and the stupid groveling that constantly comes out of their hole.

someone447
03-06-2008, 01:44 PM
As far as Trent Green, no, this is Aaron's time and I believe if youre not going to start him, then he's not your QB of the future. We need to take our lumps with Aaron.

Trent Green would be coming in as a backup, not to challenge for the starting job. We need a backup that can come in and play if needed. If your QB isn't Brett Favre or Peyton Manning, backup QB is incredibly important. Rodgers has gotten hurt every year he has been in the league, an insurance policy would be nice, and Trent Green is probably the best available.

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 01:46 PM
i still say no to green. the guy is one hit from being never the same. He is way to injury prone. and plus lets say Rodgers gets hurt. and we have an injury prone backup. before you know it we are on our third string QB.

Yatta!
03-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Trent Green would be coming in as a backup, not to challenge for the starting job. We need a backup that can come in and play if needed. If your QB isn't Brett Favre or Peyton Manning, backup QB is incredibly important. Rodgers has gotten hurt every year he has been in the league, an insurance policy would be nice, and Trent Green is probably the best available.

I disagree Green is nowhere near the player he was a few years ago. He got beaten out by Huard and Croyle in KC, which is saying something and then literally knocked out in Miami. He is too old and injruy prone, unfortunately the other vets availiable aren't much better. I could still see us bringing someone in but is Nall really that much worse than Green, Leftwich or Harrington?

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 01:49 PM
i could not agree with you more. we just need to stand on what we have and get a QB in the draft. Simply put. Nall knows our system better than most of the people in the league.

someone447
03-06-2008, 02:14 PM
i still say no to green. the guy is one hit from being never the same. He is way to injury prone. and plus lets say Rodgers gets hurt. and we have an injury prone backup. before you know it we are on our third string QB.

And our third string Qb would be Nall... So we are back in the same position we would have been in if we don't sign Green.

To the other guy, yes I think Leftwich and Green are quite a bit better than Nall.

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 02:18 PM
i just seem to like the idea of draft a guy to be our #3 and having Nall as the back up. Green is just too injury prone for me

lod01
03-06-2008, 02:23 PM
i think we will win the NFC north. but how far we go in the playoffs, lays on the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers.

Agreed. He is lucky to come in with an O that has all it's weapons back.

Right now there is no competition in the division. Detroit is still Detroit. Nothing has changed. Minnesota has no QB. If they get one, they will compete for the title. Big if there. Chicago? Well they are a bottomfeeder again. Top 10 pick in the 2009 draft. They have nothing. They lost their WR's and Grossman has no clue without Berrian. They can only hope to keep games close and luck into wins via Hester.

EvilMonkey
03-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Agreed. He is lucky to come in with an O that has all it's weapons back.

Right now there is no competition in the division. Detroit is still Detroit. Nothing has changed. Minnesota has no QB. If they get one, they will compete for the title. Big if there. Chicago? Well they are a bottomfeeder again. Top 10 pick in the 2009 draft. They have nothing. They lost their WR's and Grossman has no clue without Berrian. They can only hope to keep games close and luck into wins via Hester.

cmon the Bears got Marty Booker back. Harris and Woodsen have to be constantly shaking in fear.....

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 02:37 PM
From Rotoworld:

The Packers expect to extend a contract offer to Brandon Chillar in the next few days.
Chillar will choose between the best offers from the Cardinals, Packers, and possibly the Rams.

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 02:39 PM
cmon the Bears got Marty Booker back. Harris and Woodsen have to be constantly shaking in fear.....

i think i would be more scared of Travarus Jackson in a walker. with two arthritic knees.

Twiddler
03-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Just watched Favre's press conference. Wow.

GB12
03-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Just watched Favre's press conference. Wow.
Where/how? I only caught a little bit of it and would like to watch the whole thing.

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 03:09 PM
yea i would like to know too. or a brief sum of the conference would also work.

EvilMonkey
03-06-2008, 03:14 PM
yea i would like to know too. or a brief sum of the conference would also work.

ESPN has a blog for today that has most of what was said. Kinda sums it up i guess.
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks?tag=brett%20favre

I'm hoping Packers.com puts the whole thing online at some point. Missed the first half-hour because i had a class, would like to see the whole thing.

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 03:35 PM
thanks. it is kinda hard to think of the packers without him. next year will feel so weird

Boston
03-06-2008, 03:49 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80711189

There's his opening statement.

PackerLegend
03-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Forunately I got to see the whole thing. Brett is more then a great football player, he is a great person. You could tell right away it was very hard for him almost as if he couldnt believe he was actually retiring and broke down. He says he doesnt like to speak but I find that he is actually very good at it. He said everything that has been said in the paper about the Packers, TT, McCarthy etc. not trying hard enough or not wanting him back was false. He just said he was tried mentally but he still felt like he could play. He said he was always 100% committed but he felt like if he came back he couldnt be and he didnt want to be like that. I thought it was a great press conference by Favre. The Packers wont look the same again for awhile without number 4 out there but all good things must come to an end. The torch has been passed on and now its Rodgers time to write his own legendary career.

jackalope
03-06-2008, 04:33 PM
How long did the press conference last? I saw the first 45 minutes of it.

Twiddler
03-06-2008, 04:49 PM
How long did the press conference last? I saw the first 45 minutes of it.

Well, I just saw the introduction, so there is much more that I need to see. Didn't even realize how long it was, damn.

Nitschke-Hawk
03-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Over an hour. It was special.

bigboiajhawk
03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
That was probably one of the worst things I have ever watched, in that it was hard for myself to not tear up when brett was tearing up. He was a great player, and hopefully aaron rodgers can play at a high level so it makes not having brett a little easier.

neko4
03-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I couldnt watch the whole thing. Next to the Sean Taylor incident, this is the most emotional football-related event in my life. Even if Aaron is great, or greater than Brett, I dont think he will ever be as exciting. But i am definatly rooting for him

Hawk
03-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Well if anyone finds the full press conference to download or whatever, let me know.

neko4
03-06-2008, 06:18 PM
could i get it on my ipod?

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 06:55 PM
i plan on pouring a 40 out for my boy brett tomorrow night.

ny10804
03-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Hopefully Aaron will prove why many people thought he could go #1 overall. The kid has the arm, the accuracy, and the mentality. He even has some of the goofiness that made Brett such a great leader. If his QB instincts are good, he'll be a worthy replacement. I love you Brett.

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 07:09 PM
well here is to hoping. plus it is even better to show the 49ers up in the process

GB12
03-06-2008, 07:24 PM
They have the whole thing on epsn.com, but it's audio only.

bigboiajhawk
03-06-2008, 07:53 PM
packers.com has it in the videos section on the main page

RockJock07
03-06-2008, 08:08 PM
well here is to hoping. plus it is even better to show the 49ers up in the process

MM was the QB coach back then right? I wonder how much pull he had when they were talking about Alex Smith or Rodgers.

On another note, The packers did the right thing with Aaron. So many times, teams will draft a QB and the weight of the franchise is on him right from the start along with learning the pro game and the playbook. Aaron has had the chance to learn the playbook and get his feet wet a couple of times. I don't mean to say he's gonna just throw the ball all over the field when he starts, but he's had a chance to get some of the things out of the way that other franchise QB's haven't been able to do.

So with Aaron at the controls now, does this change the offensive play calling? I would say that it has to, I mean we can't expect to see the same offense as we did last year. I think there is gonna be more running with grant and even Jackson. But the 5 WR sets may be a thing of the past.

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 08:15 PM
LOL. it would be even funnier if MM wanted Rodgers and was out voted. but i guess we will never know.

on a side note where are you from in the chicago suburbs?

ImBrotherCain
03-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey Guys just thought i would post this here, I was planning on getting another Favre jersey and was gonna frame it but, looking on the packers website and the authentic jerseys were all back ordered. So i went to ebay and found an autographed Jersey that i bid on and won... Just wondering what you guys thought...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r208/ImBrotherCain/Untitled.jpg

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
how much did you pay for it??

GB12
03-06-2008, 08:20 PM
LOL. it would be even funnier if MM wanted Rodgers and was out voted. but i guess we will never know.

McCarthy actually did want to take Rodgers #1. Being only the offensive coordinator he didn't get much say in the decission.

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 08:21 PM
well it looks like he got the guy he wanted anyways. LOL.

ImBrotherCain
03-06-2008, 08:24 PM
how much did you pay for it??

360 for the jersey... its an Authentic jersey too not a replica and thats 180 at the store

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 08:25 PM
pretty solid i must say. i would of bought it if i had the money.

bigboiajhawk
03-06-2008, 08:38 PM
MM was the QB coach back then right? I wonder how much pull he had when they were talking about Alex Smith or Rodgers.

On another note, The packers did the right thing with Aaron. So many times, teams will draft a QB and the weight of the franchise is on him right from the start along with learning the pro game and the playbook. Aaron has had the chance to learn the playbook and get his feet wet a couple of times. I don't mean to say he's gonna just throw the ball all over the field when he starts, but he's had a chance to get some of the things out of the way that other franchise QB's haven't been able to do.

So with Aaron at the controls now, does this change the offensive play calling? I would say that it has to, I mean we can't expect to see the same offense as we did last year. I think there is gonna be more running with grant and even Jackson. But the 5 WR sets may be a thing of the past.

No i dont think it will be a problem for him, i posted earlier that his athleticism will help him out alot in the packers offense, because when the packers go five wide, teams will either have to man up or zone, all of which could lead big running lanes for aaron. I also think it will be better for him, to have all of those recievers on the field at once, because it gives him way more options. That is why in the draft i would want to draft a TE that can also stretch the field or make plays after the catch, because the more help we give aaron rodgers, the better he will be. Hey if rodgers becomes a stud can we start calling him A-Rod?

PackerLegend
03-06-2008, 09:03 PM
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-76377106420036_1992_93579

I have a plaque that is very similar to this one, theres a few differnces on the picture, and instead of the coin on the left I have a piece of Brett's jersey that he wore that game its like 479 of 1407 pieces. I also have 2 signed LeRoy Bulter pictures and a signed football by the entire 1997 team. I have tons of other Packer stuff but those are the best things I got.

princefielder28
03-06-2008, 09:04 PM
I love collecting autographed material....probably have about 18 signed helmets

neko4
03-06-2008, 09:10 PM
i dont have alot of stuff, except for Freeman card i got signed. I know william henderson lived close to my area so i'll see if he goes to the local sports shop to sign autographs one day. Lots of guys in the pros show up there every now and then.

roidrunner
03-06-2008, 10:18 PM
i have a baseball signed by alex sanchez. One for the first MLB players to get tested positive for roids.

bigboiajhawk
03-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey do any of you guys think the packers should go after takeo Spikes now that he is a free agent, now i know he is getting old, but he still is a beast. He is also better than Popinga, but not sure whether spikes fits in with our system. IMO i would rather see him than brandon chillar.

Jim Jim
03-06-2008, 10:41 PM
I want Brandon Chillar far more than Spikes. Chillar has room for growth and is already a decent player. Spikes is winding down.

bigboiajhawk
03-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Chillar is a faster, weaker version of Popinga, i dont even know if he is that much faster. Yeah he might be 25, but his career so far has been average at best. He might push Brady, but i dont think he would beat him out for the starting job. I would rather have the packers pick up no one at lb in free agency and pick up one in either the second or third round, than take Chillar. On the other hand Spikes is 31 and coming off an injury, probably why most of you wouldnt want him. But he is a proven player, that still has the ability to play for atleast two to three more years, and he has the ability to beat out brady for the job, just based off of his instincts alone, which is the one thing that brady lacks. I think hawk-barnett-spikes would be really hard to run on. And if you are going off production Spikes had more tackles last season while playing in fewer games.

Empire
03-07-2008, 02:12 AM
I'm sure most of you guys have already seen this, but it never hurts to see it again. A bunch of those lines still make me crack up. "You know what time the game starts?"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HvDOHYy49V0

Billingsley26
03-07-2008, 02:46 AM
I love collecting autographed material....probably have about 18 signed helmets

My dad has things that are rediculous.

1. The biggest claim to fame, is a rare picture of Muhammad Ali and all 4 Beatles in a boxing ring, with all their autographs.
2. Bobby Orr collaga, autographed.
3. Cam Neely picture autographed
4. Rocket Richard, Frank Mahovolich, Terry O'Reilly, Larry Bird, Johnny Damon, Marcus and Damon Allen, Pinball Clemons, Vernon Wells, David Ortiz, yea as you can tell hes a big Boston fan.
5. One of my personal favs, is the Last game played at Foxboro Stadium, its a panorama shot of the game winning FG, I'll you haters (lol) figure out what game it was.
6. He has every ticket from the last season at Maple LEafs Gardens framed in one big frame.
7. A panormaic of the last game played at Tiger Stadium.
8. Aerial views of Candlestick Park, Oakland Colliseum, each Original 6 hockey arena.

Man, there are alot more too, but just too many to name.

neko4
03-07-2008, 04:42 AM
I'm sure most of you guys have already seen this, but it never hurts to see it again. A bunch of those lines still make me crack up. "You know what time the game starts?"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HvDOHYy49V0
Buuuuuuuuuurp

ImBrotherCain
03-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Chillar is a faster, weaker version of Popinga, i dont even know if he is that much faster. Yeah he might be 25, but his career so far has been average at best. He might push Brady, but i dont think he would beat him out for the starting job. I would rather have the packers pick up no one at lb in free agency and pick up one in either the second or third round, than take Chillar. On the other hand Spikes is 31 and coming off an injury, probably why most of you wouldnt want him. But he is a proven player, that still has the ability to play for atleast two to three more years, and he has the ability to beat out brady for the job, just based off of his instincts alone, which is the one thing that brady lacks. I think hawk-barnett-spikes would be really hard to run on. And if you are going off production Spikes had more tackles last season while playing in fewer games.

To be honest i was really looking at Boss Bailey. He has the quickness to cover and could take popinga's spot but the Broncos pulled the "Your brothers here crap" so that idea went down the drain... And to the Spikes comment his ability is really declining, his very prone to injuries and it would take a bigger contract to bring him in then to let Popinga stay. So at this present moment i think we should keep Popinga(Even though i really dont like him that much) and MAYBE pick up a LB in the draft.... Say Adibi :-D but there are more pressing needs then to take a LB in the top 3 rounds

roidrunner
03-07-2008, 12:18 PM
i would love it if Rivers were to fall to us at 30. Man that guy would be sick.

Favre4ever
03-07-2008, 12:56 PM

Nothing will change and in fact, if i remember well, i recall hearing MM saying that he was so impressed with Rodgers during the Dallas game because they didnt have to change the game plan at all. This system fits him like a shoe, even better than Favre. I may be wrong but there is something about Rodgers that makes me think that he can turn out to be a star in this league. In that game against Dallas he was so exciting to watch, i just cant wait for next year. Favre is my favorite player, i started to watch NFL football in 93 because of him but now its Aaron's time and ill be pulling for him.

RockJock07
03-07-2008, 01:16 PM

Wheaton, but most of my family is up in Milwaukee with my gf going to Marquette so the packers and Wisconsin are in my blood.

ImBrotherCain
03-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Nothing will change and in fact, if i remember well, i recall hearing MM saying that he was so impressed with Rodgers during the Dallas game because they didnt have to change the game plan at all. This system fits him like a shoe, even better than Favre. I may be wrong but there is something about Rodgers that makes me think that he can turn out to be a star in this league. In that game against Dallas he was so exciting to watch, i just cant wait for next year. Favre is my favorite player, i started to watch NFL football in 93 because of him but now its Aaron's time and ill be pulling for him.

Ya know.... at the beginning of this past season i was like like one more season for Favre then Aarons turn and during his press conference yesterday i was like 1 more year! ONE MORE YEAR!!! :'-( Im gonna miss him but i guess now we get to see what Rodgers can do... and to be honest its like and QB after Favre is gonna be the Step Child, But hopefuly when next season rolls around ill be excited to see what Aaron brings to the table.

BTW i find it funny that during Favre's speech yesterday he said he knows what its like to die... cause thats really how everyone is acting myself included

bigboiajhawk
03-07-2008, 01:21 PM
To be honest i was really looking at Boss Bailey. He has the quickness to cover and could take popinga's spot but the Broncos pulled the "Your brothers here crap" so that idea went down the drain... And to the Spikes comment his ability is really declining, his very prone to injuries and it would take a bigger contract to bring him in then to let Popinga stay. So at this present moment i think we should keep Popinga(Even though i really dont like him that much) and MAYBE pick up a LB in the draft.... Say Adibi :-D but there are more pressing needs then to take a LB in the top 3 rounds

Agreed, I still like takeo spikes though, but i think to pick up chillar would be to purely add depth, and then why not draft a guy who is younger and who we can groom to play our style. Ala Dan Connor, Erin Henderson, Jerod Mayo, and the list goes on. There are too many good linebackers that are going to get drafted in the second round to pass one up, same with corners. I might be in the minority, but i really like shawn crable, he is huge, can run, played in a 4-3, and could double up as a DE, he might be worth a look.

roidrunner
03-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Wheaton, but most of my family is up in Milwaukee with my gf going to Marquette so the packers and Wisconsin are in my blood.

cool i am from zion if you know where that is. I was born and raised in Wisconsin so the green and gold are in my blood.

Whistler6
03-07-2008, 02:11 PM
We should bring back Don Beebe..He's still floating around the NFL right? jk, pointless comment

Pacific
03-07-2008, 02:17 PM

I was especially impressed with how Aaron acted when he took over. We were losing badly, and Aaron just took over and willed us into that game. He played really well.

roidrunner
03-07-2008, 02:21 PM
that game made me excited about life A.F. I was always a little pessimistic about Rodgers but now i am optimistic

princefielder28
03-07-2008, 02:24 PM
I was especially impressed with how Aaron acted when he took over. We were losing badly, and Aaron just took over and willed us into that game. He played really well.

right....he showed tons of poise when he came in that pressure packed game

TitleTown088
03-07-2008, 03:18 PM
I have no doubts with Rogders abilities. The thing that frightens me is his injuries. If he can stay healthy he'll be a good quarterback with all the talent that surrounds him.

roidrunner
03-07-2008, 03:19 PM
yea i know what you mean, it seems like the guy gets hurt quite a bit. thats one of the reasons why i dont want trent green.

ImBrotherCain
03-07-2008, 04:01 PM
I have no doubts with Rogders abilities. The thing that frightens me is his injuries. If he can stay healthy he'll be a good quarterback with all the talent that surrounds him.

Lol can you imagine the first time he misses a game.... people are gonna be like WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?

roidrunner
03-07-2008, 04:07 PM
as bad as it sounds i am hoping that P. Manning gets hurt. cause he is the closest to favre's starting game streak.

PackerLegend
03-07-2008, 04:33 PM
as bad as it sounds i am hoping that P. Manning gets hurt. cause he is the closest to favre's starting game streak.

I secertly have been wanting that too... Im an awful person I know, but just enough for him to miss 1 game.

roidrunner
03-07-2008, 04:35 PM
ok thank god. i thought i was the only person to think this.

+rep

Turtlepower
03-07-2008, 04:37 PM
I've always wondered...

dsf or dcascdf?

princefielder28
03-07-2008, 04:37 PM
I secertly have been wanting that too... Im an awful person I know, but just enough for him to miss 1 game.

I am not gonna lie....same inside feeling here as well. He loks like a stick out there and I am just waiting for him to break

roidrunner
03-07-2008, 04:39 PM
all it takes is one good hit. just one.

someone447
03-07-2008, 04:41 PM

What, he is a little over half way there?

roidrunner
03-07-2008, 04:56 PM
thats alittle more than half way i am comfortable with.

roidrunner
03-07-2008, 04:59 PM
I've always wondered...

dsf or dcascdf?

defenetely dcascdf

roughrider30
03-07-2008, 05:03 PM
defenetely dcascdf

Think so? I'm gonna have to say dsf, simply because it gets right to the point.

TitleTown088
03-07-2008, 05:03 PM
As much as it pains me to say it.You guys have to remember one thing with Manning he's a pretty tough cookie. Although he does play in a dome, the guy did play with a broken Jaw. It will take a great deal for the bastard to miss one.

neko4
03-07-2008, 05:13 PM
he's tough and all, but he never had to scramble and run like Favre had. The dude played in the Wing T. Therefore, Favre's had to take bigger hits since highschool.

GB12
03-07-2008, 06:09 PM
I've always wondered...

dsf or dcascdf?
I actually still haven't voted.

As for Manning the flu or a case of violent diarrhea would do just fine.

ImBrotherCain
03-07-2008, 06:31 PM
I actually still haven't voted.

As for Manning the flu or a case of violent diarrhea would do just fine.

I think Manning would play through the runs.... but wouldn't it be great if had a huge brown spot on his pants mid way though a game, say after Kampman was chasing him down lol

mqtirishfan
03-07-2008, 07:02 PM
I am not gonna lie....same inside feeling here as well. He loks like a stick out there and I am just waiting for him to break

How does someone 6'5 230 look like a stick?

Yatta!
03-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Probably a stupid question but what does dsf and dcascdf stand for?

neko4
03-07-2008, 08:01 PM
nothing, somethig weird happened and started that poll

ImBrotherCain
03-07-2008, 08:04 PM
So odd Question what happened to Moses i havent seen him in for ever

Yatta!
03-07-2008, 08:04 PM
nothing, somethig weird happened and started that poll

Um ok. Fair enough. Well its good to see that dcascdf has a solid lead.

bearsfan_51
03-07-2008, 08:10 PM
So odd Question what happened to Moses i havent seen him in for ever
Moses got banned a long time ago.

neko4
03-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Moses got banned a long time ago.
what for? i dont remember

bearsfan_51
03-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Being a Packers fan. You'll all get yours one day.

No it was a series of things, but mostly because he kept taunting mods for the sake of taunting mods.

I always liked him though.

the dude
03-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Probably a stupid question but what does dsf and dcascdf stand for?

I've been wondering bout that as well... looking up forum lingo on wikipedia didnt help me

neko4
03-07-2008, 09:08 PM

No it was a series of things, but mostly because he kept taunting mods for the sake of taunting mods.

Oh alrite, atleast it wasnt for being a packers fan

BF51 is systematically having us banned! He's a Bear Nazi!

Hawk
03-08-2008, 12:19 AM

I just thought something bad might have happened to him after Favre retired.

johbur
03-08-2008, 02:00 AM
If something bad happens to someone after a guy retires, there's too much man-crush going on there. I am contemplating getting a Favre jersey now that he's retired. I have an autographed Sterling Sharpe jersey and Sterling went and broke his neck the next season and then I had an autographed Chmura jersey, but he went off to the hottub and I mailed it to the team.

I reckon I'm superstitious enough that I never picked up the #4... Same reason I don't go to Packers v. Tampa Bay anymore, as I saw Sterling's last game and Dorsey Levens broke his leg in Lambeau when I was there. Superstition sucks, but as a fan, what can you do?

roidrunner
03-08-2008, 11:11 AM
dude you are a black sheep. no offense. If the packers make it to a super bowl, could you, for the sake of everyone else in packer land, not go??? And also start buying bear and Viking jersey's of their best players. LOL, JK

neko4
03-08-2008, 11:15 AM
maybe they should put Favre on the cover of Madden and expand on the career mode thing

roidrunner
03-08-2008, 11:24 AM
LOL. i would love to see Favre on the cover. It would be baller.

someone447
03-08-2008, 11:41 AM
If something bad happens to someone after a guy retires, there's too much man-crush going on there. I am contemplating getting a Favre jersey now that he's retired. I have an autographed Sterling Sharpe jersey and Sterling went and broke his neck the next season and then I had an autographed Chmura jersey, but he went off to the hottub and I mailed it to the team.

I reckon I'm superstitious enough that I never picked up the #4... Same reason I don't go to Packers v. Tampa Bay anymore, as I saw Sterling's last game and Dorsey Levens broke his leg in Lambeau when I was there. Superstition sucks, but as a fan, what can you do?

I was at the game where Sharpe originally got hurt, against Atlanta, when Favre dove into the endzone.

Nitschke-Hawk
03-08-2008, 11:58 AM
maybe they should put Favre on the cover of Madden and expand on the career mode thing

Awesome idea... The career mode thing could be as good as in other games where you just control one person mainly. Like GTA, Medal of Honor etc. And bring that quality to sports.

roidrunner
03-08-2008, 03:41 PM
and when you retire you can decide if you want to become a coach or live on your ranch in southern Mississippi.

roidrunner
03-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Alittle fuel for the Jason Taylor fire from PFW

contrary to statements, Parcells looking to unload Taylor

Jason Taylor wants out of Miami and Bill Parcells isn’t telling the truth. That’s what one team insider told us regarding the saga in Miami. Since being hired to facilitate the Dolphins’ football operations in December, Parcells has been conspicuously quiet in the public forum. So when he commented recently that Taylor will either be in Miami next season or retire, a few eyebrows were raised. But according to a source, Parcells was simply trying to delay a second wave of criticisms that he is purging the team of its long-time nucleus, criticisms that started when he released venerable but injury-prone MLB Zach Thomas last month. In fairness, feelings on the cut were mixed, as many applauded Parcells’ efforts to put together a younger club. Trading Taylor appears to be the next step. And with his desire to be part of a winning franchise, Taylor is believed to be happy with that situation. Just don’t expect him to voice his wanting out. Taylor, like Thomas, is beloved in Miami, and wouldn’t risk his good-standing among the Dolphin faithful by publicly stating his longing to be on a championship-level team. Unlike Thomas, however, Taylor has at least a few very good seasons left in the tank, and we’re now hearing that he could be traded for a pair of draft picks, with second- and fourth-round selections appearing to be a plausible exchange.

neko4
03-08-2008, 04:32 PM
they couldve said that last week. I know favre said that the packers not getting players didnt effect his decision but maybe getting taylor wouldve helped

GB12
03-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Eh, knowing that Favre's not going to be here lost my interest in Taylor.

neko4
03-08-2008, 06:05 PM
same here, it wouldve been cool to see two HOFer's on the same team again like Favre/White

Yatta!
03-08-2008, 06:11 PM
I still think we should get Taylor if we have the chance. Obviously its less likely now but if we have the chance to make our defence scarily good, we've got to do it. We have enough cap room and picks.

mqtirishfan
03-08-2008, 06:42 PM

Agreed. I just can't get into the football spirit right now.

PackerLegend
03-08-2008, 08:43 PM

I still would want him, but im not so sure I would want to give up a 2nd and 4th for a guy thats starting to go over the hill and will be spending alot of time dancing.

In other news......

The Packers will host Bengals WR Tab Perry Tuesday.

Perry has enjoyed a surprisingly busy free agency period. He has speed and return value, but could only play four games in the last two seasons because of a hip injury.

Trent Green spoke with the Packers Friday, but his agent doesn't expect the conversations to go any further.

The Packers say they are just starting their search for a backup, which is a nice way of telling Green no. Green's agent has been trying to drum up for business, but he's going to have to decide to take an offer from the Rams or Saints shortly.

Both from Rotoworld

neko4
03-08-2008, 08:44 PM
anyone else know Gilbert Brown is to be in the 2008 Packers HOF class?
Check out his site, i even learned he's the Head Coach of a CIFL team in Milwaukee

PackerLegend
03-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Does anyone know when we will resign our ERFA, I know you can give them basically nothing and they pretty much have to play but are we ever going to do it?

S Atari Bigby Accrued seasons: 2
RB Ryan Grant Accrued seasons: 1
WR Carlyle Holiday Accrued seasons: 2 - Released
TE Tory Humphrey Accrued seasons: 2
FB John Kuhn Accrued seasons: 2
WR Ruvell Martin Accrued seasons: 2

RFA
DT Colin Cole Accrued seasons: 3 - Tendered 2nd Round Pick
RB Vernand Morency Accrued seasons: 3

UFA
LS Rob Davis Accrued seasons: 12
TE Ryan Krause Accrued seasons: 4
QB Craig Nall Accrued seasons: 6
CB Frank Walker Accrued seasons: 5
T/G Tyson Walter Accrued seasons: 6
LB Tracy White Accrued seasons: 5
DT Corey Williams Traded to Cleveland

I heard Rob Davis might retire not sure yet but the Packers did sign another LS named Thomas Gafford.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080307/PKR01/803070603/1989

I want the Packers to resign Rob Davis (If he doesn't retire), Craig Nall, and Tracy White for the UFA. I wouldnt mind Morency sticking around to battle in training camp. Cole was Tendered at a 2nd round pick, dont they put a price tag on the picks of how much the players would make and they have to sign them? I also want all the ERFA back but mainly the 3 highlighted ones.

jackalope
03-08-2008, 09:16 PM
That would be a shame if Rob Davis retired. He's been solid for us for years and is a great locker room leader.

GB12
03-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Does anyone know when we will resign our ERFA, I know you can give them basically nothing and they pretty much have to play but are we ever going to do it?

S Atari Bigby Accrued seasons: 2
RB Ryan Grant Accrued seasons: 1
WR Carlyle Holiday Accrued seasons: 2 - Released
TE Tory Humphrey Accrued seasons: 2
FB John Kuhn Accrued seasons: 2
WR Ruvell Martin Accrued seasons: 2
We don't have to resign them. They are under contract as an exlcusive rights player unless we release them.

RFA
DT Colin Cole Accrued seasons: 3 - Tendered 2nd Round Pick
RB Vernand Morency Accrued seasons: 3

Morency got the low tender that would give us a pick in the round he was drafted (3rd) if someone signs him, but that's very unlikely.

I heard Rob Davis might retire not sure yet but the Packers did sign another LS named Thomas Gafford.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080307/PKR01/803070603/1989

I want the Packers to resign Rob Davis (If he doesn't retire), Craig Nall, and Tracy White for the UFA. I wouldnt mind Morency sticking around to battle in training camp. Cole was Tendered at a 2nd round pick, dont they put a price tag on the picks of how much the players would make and they have to sign them? I also want all the ERFA back but mainly the 3 highlighted ones.
It's looking like we won't resign Davis and go with Gafford. Davis will stay with the team as an assistant, which I like to hear. Cole will make like $1.3 million or something like that under his tender. Morency gets like $850K. All the ERFA will be back except Holliday though I have my doubts on Humphrey making the team. I really hope we keep White and would like Nall back. Krause and Walter will be gone for sure with Walker being a long shot.

neko4
03-08-2008, 09:26 PM
yeah, i dont wanna see him leave. he's always running downfield and making a tackle.
I was mad that EA didnt put him in Madden 08

EDIT-I like to hear that 2

djcoreylee
03-09-2008, 04:46 AM
Think of what 49er fans thought when Joe Montana left! Steve Young did pretty well, lets give Aaron the same chance! It's hard to live up to a legend!

neko4
03-09-2008, 10:58 AM
steve had a few good starts too

roidrunner
03-09-2008, 03:13 PM
from PFW:

Our Packers sources tell us that, even before Brett Favre announced his retirement, the team had its eye on UFA QB Quinn Gray of the Jaguars, who is now being seriously considered for the backup job behind Aaron Rodgers, among numerous other possibilities via free agency or trade.

princefielder28
03-09-2008, 05:12 PM
from PFW:

Our Packers sources tell us that, even before Brett Favre announced his retirement, the team had its eye on UFA QB Quinn Gray of the Jaguars, who is now being seriously considered for the backup job behind Aaron Rodgers, among numerous other possibilities via free agency or trade.

I wouldn't mind Gray in Green Bay

roidrunner
03-09-2008, 05:25 PM
i would not mind Gray in GB i like him a hell of a lot better than Trent Green

roidrunner
03-09-2008, 06:15 PM
a little something on Brett Favre, its interesting

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23548079/

princefielder28
03-09-2008, 06:21 PM
a little something on Brett Favre, its interesting

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23548079/

no suprises there...it would be wierd to see him on TV as an analyst one day

roidrunner
03-09-2008, 09:49 PM
another Favre article: about him and college

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3276426

neko4
03-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Mel Kiper on Favre in '91:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=3276465

PackerLegend
03-09-2008, 10:46 PM
from PFW:

I like it the couple times Ive seen him play I thought he did a pretty good job. I also think Trent Green is going back to the Rams, where he started.

neko4
03-09-2008, 10:47 PM
i would like to see Brunell come back here, where he started, but Gray is nice too. Younger and can be like Pederson to Rodgers

roidrunner
03-09-2008, 11:02 PM
i like Grey the best, but i would be willing to settle for Brunell. As long as we can get someone to help Rodgers along. As funny as it sounds i want someone who was like McMahon to Favre. They always seemed to have a really good relationship

princefielder28
03-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Mel Kiper on Favre in '91:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=3276465

Mel Kiper actually had a very good analysis

roidrunner
03-09-2008, 11:48 PM
yea i was really impressed with his analysis

Yatta!
03-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Titans sign OG Jake Scott:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3285883

I know a few people would have liked to see him in Green Bay, but we didn't show any real interest in him.

Pacific
03-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Do we ever show real interest in anyone? lol As long as TT is running the show, we build through the draft only, and I really have no complaints if we keep winning.

umphrey
03-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Do we ever show real interest in anyone? lol As long as TT is running the show, we build through the draft only, and I really have no complaints if we keep winning.

I think we show interest we just give a lot of take it or leave it type offers that don't attract a lot of attention.

This has been another pretty boring offseason.

GB12
03-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Anyone else get a copy of the Favre Sports Illustrated?

roidrunner
03-10-2008, 03:59 PM
is it out yet?? cause i want to get it

princefielder28
03-10-2008, 04:02 PM

Not yet....i will though b/c i've been collecting all the ones featuring him this year

Pacific
03-10-2008, 05:25 PM
I think there is only 850,000 right?

jackalope
03-10-2008, 05:25 PM

I just did.

GB12
03-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Not yet....i will though b/c i've been collecting all the ones featuring him this year
I missed out on the Sportsman of the year one, but got this and the playoff issue.

I think there is only 850,000 right?
Yeah, I had to go to 3 different stores to find one. I don't know if they'll eventually print more, but if you really want one I wouldn't wait too long.

roidrunner
03-10-2008, 07:18 PM
rotoworld.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports free agent QB Quinn Gray visited with the Packers on Monday.
No Aaron Brooks yet. On Tuesday, Gray will visit the Raiders, who Schefter says are "very interested" in having him behind JaMarcus Russell. Gray's best chance for playing time would be in Oakland, particularly if Russell is truly pushing 300 pounds. The Packers seem sold on Rodgers as a starter.

bigboiajhawk
03-10-2008, 08:30 PM
rotoworld.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports free agent QB Quinn Gray visited with the Packers on Monday.
No Aaron Brooks yet. On Tuesday, Gray will visit the Raiders, who Schefter says are "very interested" in having him behind JaMarcus Russell. Gray's best chance for playing time would be in Oakland, particularly if Russell is truly pushing 300 pounds. The Packers seem sold on Rodgers as a starter.

I would hope so. I think the packers are going to be fine. It's a-rod's time now, and i think he will show why he was once considered the top QB prospect when he was drafted. He has done all the right things so far, and I hope the packers can get Gray. I also think the packers should take an athletic quarterback in the draft. Also, I dont mind that the packers are not making any big moves this offseason, because as stated by many of us on here, the packers have some big contracts that are going to need to be signed in the upcoming years.

princefielder28
03-10-2008, 08:32 PM
I would hope so. I think the packers are going to be fine. It's a-rod's time now, and i think he will show why he was once considered the top QB prospect when he was drafted. He has done all the right things so far, and I hope the packers can get Gray. I also think the packers should take an athletic quarterback in the draft. Also, I dont mind that the packers are not making any big moves this offseason, because as stated by many of us on here, the packers have some big contracts that are going to need to be signed in the upcoming years.

even if for some unseen reason the Packers didn't trust Aaron, Gray would not be the answer

Pacific
03-10-2008, 09:01 PM
After watching his press conference from the Packers Fan Fest, I am totally sold on Aaron Rodgers. I think he has the tools to do the job on the field, and I think he has handled/is handling the Favre retiring situation magnificently. He seems to have matured a lot by sitting on the bench. He should definitely be the starter in 08. I'm very excited for next year.