PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

GB12
04-27-2008, 11:34 PM
The problem with that is if it's like past versions when you play franchise mode some team will sign him. We could see a lot of Favre playing with the Bears or Vikings if that's the case.

roidrunner
04-28-2008, 01:16 AM
i dont like that Farve will be avalable in the FA in madden, it seems so stupid. i mean seriously. He's retired, leave him that way. i mean if they wanted to have him be a coach you could hire, that would be cool, but to have him on the FA market is stupid.

The Legend
04-28-2008, 08:06 AM
thought this was intresting Cason thought he was going to be a Packer got the most contact
from the Packers man i wish we move 6 spots up not 6 spots back but i got faith in Patrick Lee

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80806945

bigboiajhawk
04-28-2008, 12:19 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=744298

A nice story to see who the packers are bringing in as undrafted free agents.

Packer_Backer
04-28-2008, 12:26 PM
So what's the degree of difficulty everyone sees in us signing our picks? I think it shouldn't be to bad since we have no 1st rounder.

princefielder28
04-28-2008, 12:29 PM
So what's the degree of difficulty everyone sees in us signing our picks? I think it shouldn't be to bad since we have no 1st rounder.

agree...brohm will probably be the most difficult because he's a QB but outside of that no problems and everyone will be in camp

princefielder28
04-28-2008, 12:35 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=744298

A nice story to see who the packers are bringing in as undrafted free agents.

It's great to have Kenny as a part of the team. In high school he was a pretty good kicker, straight on actually, excellent wide receiver as well and he was an all conference punter, but not a big time prospect when it came to punting. He walked on at Madison and was able to beat out RJ Morse for the job and obviously never looked back. Now he is a member of the Green Bay Packers, even though just a UDFA. That makes the tally for people from Bay Port High School two with Dan Buenning of the Buccaneers in the NFL as well, but it's different when you know the player and the family personally.

Congrats Kenny!

PACKmanN
04-28-2008, 12:48 PM
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUuzBgVT98&feature=related

#70 RG/RT for Central Florida is Josh Sitton. Damn he a great run blocker. It seems like Kevin only ran to the right side.

edit- btw, that one TE during that block threw his guy like a rag doll. And when you watch it a 3:00, you see Sitton just take 2 players out of the play.

roidrunner
04-28-2008, 12:54 PM
It's great to have Kenny as a part of the team. In high school he was a pretty good kicker, straight on actually, excellent wide receiver as well and he was an all conference punter, but not a big time prospect when it came to punting. He walked on at Madison and was able to beat out RJ Morse for the job and obviously never looked back. Now he is a member of the Green Bay Packers, even though just a UDFA. That makes the tally for people from Bay Port High School two with Dan Buenning of the Buccaneers in the NFL as well, but it's different when you know the player and the family personally.

Congrats Kenny!

you went to bayport i have some friends who went to bayport, they graduated 04. What year did you graduate

princefielder28
04-28-2008, 12:57 PM
you went to bayport i have some friends who went to bayport, they graduated 04. What year did you graduate

2007...who do you know?

roidrunner
04-28-2008, 12:58 PM
jenna sperber and Scott Neilitiz

princefielder28
04-28-2008, 01:00 PM
jenna sperber and Scott Neilitiz

Recognize the names but I wouldn't be able to put a name with a face

roidrunner
04-28-2008, 01:01 PM
i get drunk with scotty, like every weekend. he is room mates with my best friend.

princefielder28
04-28-2008, 01:02 PM
i get drunk with scotty, like every weekend. he is room mates with my best friend.

haha that's cool to hear

johbur
04-28-2008, 01:03 PM
UDFA's: Who do you like?

1. Erin Henderson, OLB, Maryland
2. Wesley Woodyard, OLB, Kentucky
3. Darrell Robertson, DE, Georgia Tech
4. Ali Highsmith, OLB, L.S.U.
5. Gary Guyton, OLB, Georgia Tech
6. Drew Radovich, OG, USC
7. Curtis Johnson, OLB, Clark Atlanta
8. Jamar Adams, S, Michigan
9. Tommy Blake, DE, T.C.U.
10. Kerry Brown, OG, Appalachian St.
11. Eric Young, OG, Tennessee
12. David Roach, S, T.C.U.
13. Ezra Butler, OLB, Nevada
14. William Robinson, OT, San Diego St.
15. Jolonn Dunbar, ILB, Boston College
16. D.J. Hall, WR, Alabama
17. Michael Grant, CB, Arkansas
18. Louis Holmes, DE, Arizona
19. Wallace Gilberry, DE, Alabama
20. Anthony Alridge, RB, Houston
21. Curtis Gatewood, OLB, Vanderbilt
22. Pedro Sosa, OG, Rutgers
23. Darius Reynaud, WR, West Virginia
24. Robert Felton, OG, Arkansas
25. Dorien Bryant, WR, Purdue
26. Franklin Dunbar, OT, Middle Tenn. St.
27. Martail Burnett, DE, Utah
28. J Leman, ILB, Illinois
29. Steve Octavien, OLB, Nebraska
30. Kelly Poppinga, OLB, B.Y.U.
31. Jonathan Hefney, S, Tennessee
32. Keilen Dykes, DE, West Virginia
33. Maurice Purify, WR, Nebraska
34. Titus Brown, DE, Mississippi St.
35. Chad Simpson, RB, Morgan St.
36. Ben Moffitt, ILB, South Florida
37. Dennis Keyes, S, UCLA
38. Marcus Griffin, S, Texas
39. Mike Dragosavich, P, North Dakota St.
40. Kyle Wright, QB, Miami (FL)
41. Lamar Myles, OLB, Louisville
42. Calvin Dawson, RB, Louisiana-Monroe
43. Paul Smith, QB, Tulsa
44. Todd Blythe, WR, Iowa St.
45. Marcus Dixon, DE, Hampton
46. Darnell Terrell, CB, Missouri
47. Ryan Grice-Mullen, WR, Hawaii
48. Lance Leggett, WR, Miami (FL)
49. Steven Hauschka, K, North Carolina St.
50. Fernando Velasco, C, Georgia
There's only a handful of guys I'd like to se TT bring in as UDFAs.

PACKmanN
04-28-2008, 01:36 PM
some of those guys listed are already taken.

someone447
04-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Brennan Carvalho, our center, signed with the Packers. He can play both center and guard. He was 1aa All-American the last two years, and won the Rimington award(best 1aa center) this year.

That would be so awesome if he sticks with the team.

johbur
04-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Brennan Carvalho, our center, signed with the Packers. He can play both center and guard. He was 1aa All-American the last two years, and won the Rimington award(best 1aa center) this year.

That would be so awesome if he sticks with the team.

That would be cool. with Ted bringing in a guy like Carvalho, the competition in TC is just going to be filthy. This is the best situation I can remeber our line having. Whatever Ted's faults (like not taking a safety in R7 like Barrett or Roach), he has stacked the OL and the DL. If a guy goes out with injury, it seems we are four deep to replace him!

PACKmanN
04-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Packers TE Michael Peterson (Northwest Missouri State)
Packers LB Danny Lansanah (UConn)
Packers RB Kregg Lumpkin (Georgia)
Packers WR Taj Smith (Syracuse)
Packers LS J.J. Jansen (Notre Dame)
Packers P Ken Debauche (Wisconsin)
Packers RB Justin Beaver (UW-Whitewater)
Packers LB Marcus Riley (Fresno State)
Packers C Brennen Carvalho (Portland State)
Packers WR Jake Allen (Mississippi College)

Those are the latest names signed.

PackerLegend
04-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Erin Henderson went to the Vikings... where his brother E.J. Plays. Kyle Wright also went to the Vikings. Anyone know if Kelly Poppinga has blood lines to Brady?

PACKmanN
04-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Erin Henderson went to the Vikings... where his brother E.J. Plays. Kyle Wright also went to the Vikings. Anyone know if Kelly Poppinga has blood lines to Brady?
He does, they are bothers.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
04-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Packers TE Michael Peterson (Northwest Missouri State)
Packers LB Danny Lansanah (UConn)
Packers RB Kregg Lumpkin (Georgia)
Packers WR Taj Smith (Syracuse)
Packers LS J.J. Jansen (Notre Dame)
Packers P Ken Debauche (Wisconsin)
Packers RB Justin Beaver (UW-Whitewater)
Packers LB Marcus Riley (Fresno State)
Packers C Brennen Carvalho (Portland State)
Packers WR Jake Allen (Mississippi College)

Those are the latest names signed.
I thought Beaver was just coming in for a workout (they haven't officially signed him yet). Could be wrong though, just haven't seen the press release.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
04-28-2008, 05:25 PM
*Sorry, double post.*

Yatta!
04-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Other UDFAs signed:

LB Josh Ferguson (tryout), Purdue
LB Durell Mapp, North Carolina
LB A.J. Raebel, Wisconsin-Whitewater
WR Rod Harper, Murray State

Mapp was the only one I'd heard of, good to see another local guy get picked up.

GB12
04-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Joey Haynos, the almost 6'8" TE from Maryland, also signed with us.

umphrey
04-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Yahoo draft grades

A-
Packers. Brian Brohm gives the Packers insurance at quarterback if Aaron Rodgers falters. Jordy Nelson is a deep-threat receiver who also returns kicks. They got great value for a team picking near the bottom.

B-
Bears. No, they didn’t get a quarterback, but they got three players—Chris Williams, Matt Forte and Earl Bennett—who can help an anemic offense, plus a defensive tackle (Marcus Harrison) who has first-round skills.

D
Lions. Gosder Cherilus will improve the offensive line, but the need for secondary help was not addressed, and Dan Connor would have been a safer pick at linebacker than Jordon Dizon.

B+
Vikings. Trading their first-round pick for Jared Allen was the best part of their draft. But it also was shrewd to move up five spots for Tyrell Johnson, a safety most scouts love.

Interesting that even taking into consideration the Jared Allen deal, we edged out the Vikings by a hair.

Yatta!
04-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Yahoo draft grades

A-
Packers. Brian Brohm gives the Packers insurance at quarterback if Aaron Rodgers falters. Jordy Nelson is a deep-threat receiver who also returns kicks. They got great value for a team picking near the bottom.

Nelson is many things but I wouldn't call him a deep threat at all. Also he has never returned a kickoff for Kansas State but he did return 5 punts for 264 yards and 2 TDs this past year. Strange analysis...

tjsunstein
04-28-2008, 07:34 PM
I love what the packers did in the draft. Brohm was a stellar pick, Rodgers cant stay healthy as much i would love him to succeed its nice to have insurance there. Jordy Nelson is also a solid.. pick at best. I believe hes a good prospect but the need at the position was slim. Driver, Jennings, and Jones are all good but after that its shaky. Driver isnt getting much younger and we can work nelson in slot if Jennings or Jones were to get hurt. This draft was about depth now, and starters for the future so when the time comes to replace a current starter we wouldnt have to panic like we would now if we didnt draft Rodgers. Its nice to have a comfortable draft with no glaring needs

TitleTown088
04-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Nelson is many things but I wouldn't call him a deep threat at all. Also he has never returned a kickoff for Kansas State but he did return 5 punts for 264 yards and 2 TDs this past year. Strange analysis...

Jordy has looked absolutely nasty with the few punt returns he's had, go watch him on youtube. I'd like to see Woodson taken off return duties ASAP and Jordy or Blackmon back there full time.

Nitschke-Hawk
04-28-2008, 09:23 PM
I think Woodson is unofficially off Punt Return already. They took him off after the injury and the young guys have proven to be just as good so I think it's the last we'll see unless we need a security blanket if there's fumbling problems. I think Woodson has only lost 1 punt the last 2 years and it wasn't a muff, it was after taking a few steps, so he's safe back there and always gets yards. But I think he's done as Punt Returner for the most part.

PACKmanN
04-28-2008, 09:30 PM
I think Woodson is unofficially off Punt Return already. They took him off after the injury and the young guys have proven to be just as good so I think it's the last we'll see unless we need a security blanket if there's fumbling problems. I think Woodson has only lost 1 punt the last 2 years and it wasn't a muff, it was after taking a few steps, so he's safe back there and always gets yards. But I think he's done as Punt Returner for the most part.

Its Will Blackmon's job to lose, Tramon Williams did just as good of a job as Blackmon did. And a dark horse like Taj Smith can take it.

Goatboy1717
04-28-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm glad Woodson is no longer the punt returner. He was a good one but he couldn't stay healthy back there. I would much rather have him help us at CB then punt returner.

Goatboy1717
04-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Here is the updated UDFA signings.

* Jake Allen, WR, Mississippi College: 6-4, 185, 4.56 seconds. Left as the Div. III school’s career leader in receptions, receiving yards and touchdown catches after catching 61 passes for 1,254 yards and 12 touchdowns.

* Brennan Carvalho, C, Portland State: 6-1, 294, 5.00. He was not invited to the combine, but did take part in the Hula Bowl. Three-time first-team all-Big Sky Conference selection and two-time all-American was not invited to the combine but played in the Hula Bowl. Has played both guard and center.

* Ken Debauche, P, Wisconsin: 6-1, 218, 4.95. Averaged 42.5 yards, which ranks second all-time at Wisconsin. Only 115 of 231 attempts were returned. Can also hold.

* Tierre Green, S, Nebraska: 6-1, 198, 4.32. Cousin of former Packers RB Ahman Green made 54 tackles last season and finished his career with 35 kickoff returns for a 20.6 average and a 114-yard rushing game as a redshirt freshman in 2004.

* Rod Harper, WR, Murray State: 6-1, 208, 4.45. Learned in January a problem with his JUCO transfer would cost him his senior season. Was MVP of powerhouse Southeast (Bradenton, Fla.) High School team when 25th overall pick Mike Jenkins (CB) of South Florida was a senior.

* Joey Haynos, TE, Maryland: 6-8, 259, 4.87. Mammoth former prep basketball standout was second on Terps with 27 catches for 287 yards. Invited to combine and Hula Bowl.

* J.J. Jansen, LS, Notre Dame: 6-3, 254, 4.79. Took over at long snapper for the Irish midway through the 2005 season and has never had a botched snap on any of his 300-odd attempts between punts and field goals.

* Danny Lansanah, LB, UConn: 6-0, 243, 4.72. Was an all-Big East choice after totaling 121 tackles (14 for losses) in 13 games with two sacks and four interceptions.

* Kregg Lumpkin, RB, Georgia: 5-11 1/2, 242, 4.64. After rushing for 798 yards and six touchdowns on 162 carries as a junior, was stuck in a rotation and only had 44 yards on 12 carries in 2007.

* Durrell Mapp, LB, North Carolina: 6-1, 277, 4.71 in 40. Second-team All-ACC player that led the Tar Heels in tackles each of the past two seasons (132 in ’07).

* Marcus Riley, LB, Fresno State: 6-0, 224, 4.66. WAC defensive player of the year with 132 total tackles (64 solo), including 15 tackles for a loss. Cousin of former Pro Bowl receiver Henry Ellard (Rams, Redskins). Highlight-reel hit on Hawaii QB Colt Brennan is a YouTube sensation.

* Mike Peterson, TE/FB, Northwest Missouri St.: 6-2, 247, 4.59. Walked on at the Div. II school after five years away from the game. Will be 26 in November.

* Taj Smith, WR, Syracuse: 6- 3/8ths, 187, 4.58. Turned pro after just one year at Syracuse, where he had 44 catches, 822 receiving yards and five touchdowns. Will turn 25 in September.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/04/28/latest-undrafted-free-agent-list.aspx

For those of you that read the Marcus Riley description, here is the hit they are talking about. WOW.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N9ZRBp4_WR4&feature=related

roidrunner
04-28-2008, 10:54 PM
seems like a solid group of signings

johbur
04-28-2008, 11:48 PM
That Marcus Riley hit was savage.

The rest of the UDFA guys don't impress me, but why would they when this team is so deep? Carvalho looks like a gamer and JJ Jansen should compete with Gafford for a roster spot. These other guys just feel like practice squad fodder.

AtariBigby
04-29-2008, 11:26 AM
The Vikings signed EJ Henderson, Derius Reynaud, and Marcus Griffin yesterday, and each of them were guys who a year ago were projected as possible round 2 or 3 players. I don't know what they did to fall out of the draft completely.

Vikings have some positions open I guess....... these guys should all make the team, except Griffin is going to a position where they already drafted a great safety in the draft.

Our UFA signings were crap. Except Haynos, none of these guys will ever make a play for us. No Gates or Priests or Warners or Romo's in that group.

ChezPower4
04-29-2008, 11:59 AM
like a couple of the UDFA signings but other than those two or three guys, i dont think the others will do much for us at all.

tjsunstein
04-29-2008, 01:12 PM
I like Tierre Green or maybe Marcus Riley to see some time at safety if they play with the same intensity Bigby does but better coverage skills.

RockJock07
04-29-2008, 02:00 PM
So is there a rookie camp this weekend, or an OTA upcoming next month? Also, not being in WI is there a good website to get daily reports when TC is going on or reviews of the OTA's. I know about Packersnews.com, packers.com and JSonline.com but are there others?

The Legend
04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Tierre Green is going to be very intresting his size and speed 4.32 proday, 4.27 in new jersey

GB12
04-29-2008, 04:06 PM
4th round pick DE Jeremy Thompson is the brother of T Orrin Thompson.

The Legend
04-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Thompson must really like the Thompson's

TitleTown088
04-29-2008, 04:21 PM
He's going to be eating his words when Cliiffy shuts him down again...c

Quote:
Allen encouraged Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers to take out extra health insurance. "Aaron Rodgers might have some trouble getting up after that game,'' Allen said of the Vikings' opener in Green Bay.

He told the fans, "You've got to teach me the right way to trash Green Bay in the paper.''

When asked about the Vikings heading to Lambeau Field for the season opener, he said of Aaron Rodgers

“You have to let those rookie types know you’re there. By the time we’re done, he’s going to have his jaw wired shut.”

tjsunstein
04-29-2008, 04:31 PM
I didnt like Jared Allen already and I dont like him even more now. Does he realize he had a half of a sack last time we matched up?

RockJock07
04-29-2008, 04:49 PM
I didnt like Jared Allen already and I dont like him even more now. Does he realize he had a half of a sack last time we matched up?

One thing I like about TT and MM is that they bring in guys that can play but not talk. Let your play speak for yourself, I just think Allen is a d-bag, I really hate trash-talking but I kinda wish (Although it would never happen) that Aaron would be like "I'm looking forward to seeing Jared and I'll be waiting with a beer and his car keys"

Gosh, stuff like this just pisses me off. Sure Jared Allen is a talented player but this whole Trash-talking thing is bull****.

AtariBigby
04-29-2008, 04:54 PM
We need to make sure the GOOD fans at Lambeau SPRAY, POUR, GUSH him with beer every time he gets close enough to taste it!!!!

When he walks thru that tunnel, I want him DRENCHED in Miller Lite! Send him into rehab in Minnesota!

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/05/beerlady.jpg http://www.wnst.net/Portals/0/images/Sponsor%20Logos/miller%20lite%201.jpg

tjsunstein
04-29-2008, 08:10 PM
haha I like where you heads at AtariBigby. Hes about one DUI away from Chris Henry status.

princefielder28
04-29-2008, 08:41 PM
haha I like where you heads at AtariBigby. Hes about one DUI away from Chris Henry status.

There was a rumor out there that if he stays clean that his record may be wiped clean in September and he would start over penalty wise if caught again

roidrunner
04-29-2008, 09:27 PM
ok so i guess that means we have to get to work, we only have till September to get him to **** up

Yatta!
04-30-2008, 03:35 AM
There was a rumor out there that if he stays clean that his record may be wiped clean in September and he would start over penalty wise if caught again

Yeah I think Peter King wrote about it, apparently his record is due to get wiped but its up to the commisioner and if he gets done again his punishment will still be worse than if he was a first time offender.

johbur
04-30-2008, 03:43 AM
That's why we need to spike his Schlitz with some THC for when he drug tests again....

TitleTown088
04-30-2008, 03:52 PM
What does everyone think about Jordy potentially being a H back in the future if he were to put on 10 or 15 more pounds? Regardless of who plays the H back next year it's going to have a large impact on the offense. Humphrey could fill in there as well.

roidrunner
04-30-2008, 04:00 PM
id rather keep Jordy at WR. i think he has mre potential out there. my reasoning for this is our 4 WR sets. out on the field would be DD, Jennings, Jones and Nelson. seems like a solid group of WR.

tjsunstein
04-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Whats Robinsons status at this point? Jordy is a threat to overtake every value he has as a Packer. Special Teams and a 4th Wide Reciever..

umphrey
04-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Whats Robinsons status at this point? Jordy is a threat to overtake every value he has as a Packer. Special Teams and a 4th Wide Reciever..

I was kinda wondering if we ended up trading him for a 5th or something.

I don't think it's worth it to keep him as a 6th receiver and I could name at least 3 people I'd rather have returning kicks than him.

tjsunstein
04-30-2008, 06:39 PM
I need some input guys. So now that Brett has retired I cent wear his jersey on game day. I wear Hawk's for away games and used to wear 4 when we were home. What offensive player's jersey should I get? I was thinking Grant Jennings or Rodgers.

neko4
04-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Jennings, most likely to be on the team for awhile

Yatta!
04-30-2008, 06:57 PM

Agreed, Jennings is the best bet without doubt. I think Ryan Grant could enter the conversation if he is able to replicate the form that he showed towards the end of last year.

Sportsfan486
04-30-2008, 07:01 PM

Yeah. Avoid a Rodgers jersey at all costs or he will be jinxed.

tjsunstein
04-30-2008, 07:13 PM
haha Im not sure about Rodgers being jinxed. It was originally going to be whoever was our first round pick this year but I shouldve known with a pick that low TT was gonna trade to stockpile picks. Im most likely going towards Jennings.

roidrunner
04-30-2008, 07:56 PM
im going to buy a brohm jersey

AtariBigby
04-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Buy Hawk, or Bigby!
Guys that will hopefully last and stay healthy for a long time........

I bought a Sterling Sharpe jersey in 1994, then he hurt his neck.
Robert Brooks..... knee.
Terrance Murphy.... neck.
Javon Walker..... knee.... then his ego.

Avoid WRs jerseys...

PS, I keep getting Cowgirl and Viqueen fans banging my rep !!!!!!!!
Those guys are girls.

PACKmanN
04-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Buy Hawk, or Bigby!
Guys that will hopefully last and stay healthy for a long time........

I bought a Sterling Sharpe jersey in 1994, then he hurt his neck.
Robert Brooks..... knee.
Terrance Murphy.... neck.
Javon Walker..... knee.... then his ego.

Avoid WRs jerseys...

PS, I keep getting Cowgirl and Viqueen fans banging my rep !!!!!!!!
Those guys are girls.

what makes you think Bigby going to stay with the Packers? I would get a young talent that is signed for now and will be in the future, aka Greg Jennings.

TitleTown088
05-01-2008, 02:05 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but what are the extra zzzzz's always added to jordy's name?

Yatta!
05-01-2008, 05:03 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but what are the extra zzzzz's always added to jordy's name?

Just added to show his amazingness. Its just sarcasm really because of the hype some people were giving him, especially some posters on this board.

Gay Ork Wang
05-01-2008, 05:50 AM
Atari its not because they are girls, its because u act like a 2nd grader...

btw has Matt Flynn any chance of making the team?

AtariBigby
05-01-2008, 06:57 AM
Will if not for the supersticous thing with injuries, I'd say Jennings, Jones, Nelson, and Grant are the guys to get. But don't forget about AJ Hawk and now Atari Bigby.

Why not get one of the rookies? I think Jeremy Thompson is going to become a good player. Hopefully Patrick Lee as well. Brian Brohm is good, but I believe in Arod.

http://www.geocities.com/melkiper_cards/8draft_jordy3.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/melkiper_cards/8draft_jermichael1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/melkiper_cards/8draft_patricklee2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/melkiper_cards/8draft_brohm1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/melkiper_cards/8draft_jeremy1.jpg

Yatta!
05-01-2008, 07:25 AM
btw has Matt Flynn any chance of making the team?

He should make it as the 3rd QB.

AtariBigby
05-01-2008, 08:12 AM
He should make it as the 3rd QB.

Nah, he'll be on our practice squad though, as the team will surely sign a backup with some experience. You don't want to lose the season if Rodgers goes down by putting in a totally inexperienced rookie.

Our team is pretty good and we'd just need a veteran to manage the game until Arod gets back.

Rookies often lose ballgames in the NFL at QB....... although Ben Roethlisbacondoublecheeseburger did okay as a rookie with the talented Steelers team.

umphrey
05-01-2008, 10:27 AM
If our 1st round pick and 2nd round pick quarterbacks can't get it done, do you really think we're gonna still be trying to salvage the season?

AtariBigby
05-01-2008, 10:54 AM
If our 1st round pick and 2nd round pick quarterbacks can't get it done, do you really think we're gonna still be trying to salvage the season?
I have no doubts about Aaron Rodgers ABILITY.
I do have doubts about him staying healthy for 16 games.
If he gets KO'd in a game or two.... do you want a rookie going in there in a close game, when the defense will stack the line of scrimmage with 9 guys forcing that rookie to beat them?
Or would you prefer a veteran like a Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson type to manage the game?

I've seen some atrocious rookie mistakes from QBs in my time...(yes I know Favre made them right til the end), so I'd personally prefer a seasoned vet to be our backup QB with Brohm #3 this season. I think THIS season, we are contenders.

roidrunner
05-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Brohm will be able to handle the play book, i have no doubt about that. but i do not think this is his time to shine, i think next the 2009 season will be his. We need to sign a vetern QB. Flynn will be going to the practice squad.

ChezPower4
05-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Even if Rodgers struggles (which i don't think he will) I don't believe that MM would put Brohm out there this season and i think he would then compete for the starting job for the 09 season.

roidrunner
05-01-2008, 11:36 AM
I think the only way brohm gets put in as a rookie is if Rodgers gets hurt, and with his track record of getting hurt, it might happen.

umphrey
05-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Well yeah I agree, Rodgers will get an entire year before we pull him due to performance. I don't think this will be a debate during the season though, I think he will impress.

Brohm was a 2nd round pick and he was supposed to be one of the most NFL ready QBs in the draft. I think he is a guarantee as our #2.

At 3, I still really don't see a scenario where we go through Rodgers and Brohm and we are still trying to get to the superbowl.

johbur
05-02-2008, 02:17 AM
I actually think Matt Flynn is highly suited to being the #3. He's Jason Garrett intelligent, he pushed JaMarcus Russell every year but didn't complain or transfer out when JaMarcus beat him out, did very well when JaMarcus went out with injury and when given the opportunity when Russell left, he won the national championship. What's not to like about that from a #3 QB?

Favre had Ty Detmer and Mark Brunell as his back-ups. Now, they didn't see the field, but no one knew back then that Favre was going to start 250 games in a row. I'd rathe rhave a young, talented back-up come in than some mediocre has-been QB with no future and just hoping to make it through another season. Pretty much that describes all the other QBs in the NFC North... ;D

Whistler6
05-02-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm still miffed by our last 2 picks. Nall is much more ''back up ready'' if that's a term than Flynn will be. Plus another WR? I just don't get that, because I doubt he will make the team even if he performs well.

I don't wanna knock the draft, because I like the way it turned out.. Just a couple things I question

AtariBigby
05-02-2008, 01:45 PM
I actually think Matt Flynn is highly suited to being the #3. He's Jason Garrett intelligent, he pushed JaMarcus Russell every year but didn't complain or transfer out when JaMarcus beat him out, did very well when JaMarcus went out with injury and when given the opportunity when Russell left, he won the national championship. What's not to like about that from a #3 QB?

Good point, you mean UNLIKE Joe Flacco, who was beaten out by the stiff Tyler Palko at Pitt? Now he fooled the Ravens into thinking he's a big time NFL QB......

What's not to like about Flynn as a #3? Nothing really, except we need a guy to go in when Rodgers gets hurt, that HAS SOME NFL EXPERIENCE, unless you want our season to go down the drain like what happens to all those other teams when their starting QB goes down.

johbur
05-03-2008, 01:09 AM
I'm still miffed by our last 2 picks. Nall is much more ''back up ready'' if that's a term than Flynn will be. Plus another WR? I just don't get that, because I doubt he will make the team even if he performs well.

I don't wanna knock the draft, because I like the way it turned out.. Just a couple things I question

I agree with you on the Swain pick. Fine, the guy ran a 4.41. He wasn't going to be drafted. Barrett was there, Roach was there, Monk was there if you really felt you needed another WR.

If Flynn doesn't blow dog during minicamps and TC, he'll be the #3 QB and be on the roster. Even if Swain looks good, he'll have to look better than any of the six or seven guys in front of him. There are 13 WRs on the roster right now and only Koren Robinson hasn't reported. That's going to be a blood bath situation at WR this year. My only regret for Favre retiring this year is that the GM went out and stocked the cupboard unlike any year Brett had his entire time in GB. Koren Robinson's knee letting him play or not, I still see six WRs on the opening day roster.

Boston
05-03-2008, 01:20 AM
I agree with you on the Swain pick. Fine, the guy ran a 4.41. He wasn't going to be drafted. Barrett was there, Roach was there, Monk was there if you really felt you needed another WR.

If Flynn doesn't blow dog during minicamps and TC, he'll be the #3 QB and be on the roster. Even if Swain looks good, he'll have to look better than any of the six or seven guys in front of him. There are 13 WRs on the roster right now and only Koren Robinson hasn't reported. That's going to be a blood bath situation at WR this year. My only regret for Favre retiring this year is that the GM went out and stocked the cupboard unlike any year Brett had his entire time in GB. Koren Robinson's knee letting him play or not, I still see six WRs on the opening day roster.

What the ****? Who is Greg Jennings?

Mr.Regular
05-03-2008, 11:12 AM

Remember theres a reason these guys fell. Though we thought they would go higher NFL teams must have flagged the guys you mentioned for some reason.
And when it comes to the 7th round your picking players that you think would be hard to sign after the draft (obviously Swain would want to sign on a team where he had a chance to make the 53 man roster). TT obviously knew he wouldnt come here (no chance) but liked his potential enough to give him a shot and maybe stick on the practice squad.

umphrey
05-03-2008, 11:26 AM
You guys are making way to much out of our 7th round. If any 7th rounder makes the team it's a good to great pick.

someone447
05-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Condrew Allen, a buddy of mine and one of our corners, is getting a tryout with GB.

PackerLegend
05-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Rookie orientation camp pics

Brohm and Flynn- Can you say HOF
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/21/21062_large.jpg

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/21/21067_large.jpg

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/21/21066_large.jpg

Jordy Nelson- Can you say HOF
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/21/21057_large.jpg

Justin Beaver- Can you say HOF
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/21/21064_large.jpg

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/21/21065_large.jpg

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/21/21063_large.jpg

Brett Swain- We needed another dude named Brett
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/21/21068_large.jpg

Ken DeBauche- Crazy *** punter
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/21/21061_large.jpg

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/21/21058_large.jpg

Jermichael Finley- Can you say HOF
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/21/21060_large.jpg

Patrick Lee- Can you say HOF
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/21/21059_large.jpg

Ted Thompson- Our new QB!
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/21/21069_large.jpg

tjsunstein
05-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Ken DeBauche with the solid tackle. haha

princefielder28
05-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Ken DeBauche with the solid tackle. haha

He's a strong kid; he'd probably kick Ryan's ass in a street fight

Jim Jim
05-03-2008, 12:30 PM
I don't know. That run Ryan made makes him god-like!

johbur
05-03-2008, 12:50 PM
He's a strong kid; he'd probably kick Ryan's ass in a street fight

If he could catch him. There'd be some ziggig, some zagging, some cutting back and four yards layer Ken would be sucking wind trying to catch Ryan the elusive.

PackerLegend
05-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Havent they shown Jon Ryan's pipes during a couple games. Im pretty sure they have and it was him. They were wowed that a sissy NFL punter was ripped.

Goatboy1717
05-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Why do most white receivers get compared to Wes Welker?

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080503/PKR01/80503040/1058

On another note, I think Swain has a slight chance to make the team but I still dont know.

neko4
05-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Why do most white receivers get compared to Wes Welker?

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080503/PKR01/80503040/1058

On another note, I think Swain has a slight chance to make the team but I still dont know.

Yeah thats kind of annoying, but he did say he looked up to him.

Just like how fast black QB's are all run first guys. Josh Johnson isnt a run first QB, but they like to make it seem that way

AtariBigby
05-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah thats kind of annoying, but he did say he looked up to him.

Just like how fast black QB's are all run first guys. Josh Johnson isnt a run first QB, but they like to make it seem that way
Just asking so I don't get suspended, but are we allowed to use the words?
Black and White?

Any veterans here care to enlighten me on the rules here about that?

By the way, why is Brohm #11 and Flynn #10?
Did we retire Lynn Dickey's number 12 or has Rodgers switched to it?

Goatboy1717
05-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Rodgers is #12. He has had that number since he was drafted.

someone447
05-04-2008, 04:18 AM
Just asking so I don't get suspended, but are we allowed to use the words?
Black and White?

Any veterans here care to enlighten me on the rules here about that?

By the way, why is Brohm #11 and Flynn #10?
Did we retire Lynn Dickey's number 12 or has Rodgers switched to it?

Don't say blatantly racist **** and you'll be fine. Using black or white as a descriptor isn't against the rules.

AtariBigby
05-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Rodgers is #12. He has had that number since he was drafted.

I followed Rodgers career at Cal, and Brohm at Louisville for 3 years, and it sucks that neither will be wearing the same # that they had so much success with in college.

AROD was #8
BROHM was #12

JF4
05-04-2008, 01:04 PM
I followed Rodgers career at Cal, and Brohm at Louisville for 3 years, and it sucks that neither will be wearing the same # that they had so much success with in college.

AROD was #8
BROHM was #12

Oh no, they're both doomed now!

Goatboy1717
05-04-2008, 02:33 PM
I sounds like Justin Beaver is going to make the team.

JF4
05-04-2008, 02:42 PM
I sounds like Justin Beaver is going to make the team.

Atleast wait untill we get to training camp before you start making predictions.

EvilMonkey
05-04-2008, 02:44 PM
think he might have meant he's gonna get signed after the rookie workout he had.

Goatboy1717
05-04-2008, 02:47 PM
think he might have meant he's gonna get signed after the rookie workout he had.

Exactly. Didn't say it right. My mistake.

TitleTown088
05-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Scott has the Packers ranked as the #2 losers in the draft... I find that rather amusing.

JF4
05-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Scott has the Packers ranked as the #2 losers in the draft... I find that rather amusing.

I'm pretty sure he had us as losers when he did the same thing last year and it turned out pretty well.

I thought the Packers had a great draft, adressing their needs, and making picks with good value but as has already been pointed out Scott's a Viking's fan.

Yatta!
05-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Right general question I've seen being asked in other team forums, so let's have the discussion here as well.

What is now the greatest need for the Packers?

I think its a tough one. Amongst the starters its probably OG and S but I think that some guys are likely to step up in those positions and I don't think we're starting anyone who definitely isn't NFL-quality. My one gripe about the roster at the moment is the lack of a solid backup tackle - I would have really liked to draft one early. I'm just not sold on any of the guys we've got, despite their potential. Still that is a very minor concern.

JF4
05-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Right general question I've seen being asked in other team forums, so let's have the discussion here as well.

I think its a tough one. Amongst the starters its probably OG and S but I think that some guys are likely to step up in those positions and I don't think we're starting anyone who definitely isn't NFL-quality. My one gripe about the roster at the moment is the lack of a solid backup tackle - I would have really liked to draft one early. I'm just not sold on any of the guys we've got, despite their potential. Still that is a very minor concern.

Right now I think our biggest need is a proven safety. We have two young safety's who are prone to making mistakes and breaking coverage, and IMO it's holding back our defense from being great. The reality is that it's a very tough position to address because there aren't alot of great safety's in the league and when a team does find one they usually hold on to him for an extended period of time. Even when drafting a safety, it's rare that a guy comes in and is a great player.

Our safeties are still improving though and all hope is not lost at the position.

princefielder28
05-04-2008, 08:20 PM

I think that management needs to determine who is the long term solution at LT. Is it Daryn Colledge? Do we need to draft someone? After that I think we can look at CB again too because Patrick Lee, even though he hasn't stepped on the field, is the only conceivable choice as a starting CB in the future. Woodson will play a few more years than Harris but after them at Lee there is really nothing.

Goatboy1717
05-04-2008, 08:31 PM
I think its our secondary. Bigby took big strides in the playoffs last year. He looked great but im still not sure on Collins. I am going to hold off my judgement of the CB position as a need. I like Blackmon and he could develop this year but we will have to see.

Goatboy1717
05-04-2008, 10:23 PM
McCarthy said there was four players that he had in mind to sign from the tryouts. The first one is in: Fred Bledsoe, DT, Arkansas.

johbur
05-05-2008, 03:40 AM
I love seeing the guys that come in for try-outs. It seems they have as good a chance making the squad for the Pack as they do anywhere else in the league, because Ted just doesn't care about name recognition and to a lesser degree, he doesn't care about your "measurables" or stats. He just wants to see if you can play, how hard you play and if you listen to coaches. Good for Fred Bledsoe!

umphrey
05-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Thoughts on Patrick Lee?

I've heard he's really athletic (can jump a VW beatle) but cocky and kind of stupid. Is he Nick Collins part II?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=746711

princefielder28
05-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Thoughts on Patrick Lee?

I've heard he's really athletic (can jump a VW beatle) but cocky and kind of stupid. Is he Nick Collins part II?

Like I put in my draft review, I think Patrick Lee will trun out to be alot like the Brandon Jackson pick last year; a player physically that matches what we need at a position of need, but doesn't have a track record of success and will turn out to be our second or third best option, in Lee's case a nickel back.

ChezPower4
05-05-2008, 12:54 PM

I find this quite funny that not even two weeks after the draft that people are declaring winners and losers. We didn't exactly take all of the popular picks last year but they all worked out well for us just like they have in past with TT.

AtariBigby
05-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Thoughts on Patrick Lee?

No I don't think he's stupid at all. He may not have aced the Wonderlic test, but hearing him interviewed, you can tell he's no dummy. He's very articulate, and Ted doesn't draft those guys anyway......

I would agree our biggest weaknesses are backup CB, and backup RB. I think our running game SUCKED last year until we turned it over to Ryan Grant. Some of you say BJ looked better late last year than early last year. That's true because he ran blind the first half of the year. But he's not that good. That's all I can say..... I wanted to like him and have faith in him, but the difference between him and Grant is like between a collegiate decent RB and an NFL Pro Bowler.

Sportsfan486
05-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Thoughts on Patrick Lee?

I'm not sure where you got the "kind of stupid" from. Any particular source to that? He sounded intelligent in his interview.

Cocky, yeah, definitely, but a corner needs to be cocky.. especially in our scheme.

He did well in the SEC once he got a chance to start; a knee injury kept him from getting into that role before this season. I can sorta see the BJ comparison.. although I think Patrick Lee is definitely a much better athlete than BJ was and let's not write BJ off as a bust just yet. He could turn into what Davenport was to Green a few years back, ya never know.

GB12
05-05-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm a huge fan of Patrick Lee. I fully expect him to be a starter for us once Al is done.

umphrey
05-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure where you got the "kind of stupid" from. Any particular source to that? He sounded intelligent in his interview.

http://potencial.wordpress.com/2008/04/24/more-wonderlic-scores/

10 on the wonderlic, bested (worsted) only by Manningham's 6 of those listed.

Also for the record I haven't made up my mind about him yet. Just wanted opinions.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-05-2008, 05:29 PM
No I don't think he's stupid at all. He may not have aced the Wonderlic test, but hearing him interviewed, you can tell he's no dummy. He's very articulate, and Ted doesn't draft those guys anyway......

Ted Thompson is less articulate than 75 % of his players, so he takes this characteristic very seriously.

For the record, I love Ted Thompson.

the dude
05-05-2008, 05:29 PM
I think he seems like a good kid, and so what if he's cocky? I'd rather have a corner who's cocky than one thats neurotic and insecure

The Legend
05-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Packers had a good draft but for sure not the best draft
i think out biggest need is Free Safety, lets see how Nick plays

Yatta!
05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
I think Lee was a great pickup and easily our best pick in the draft, his intelligence doesn't really bother me too much.

tjsunstein
05-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I think the guy that will have the most impact coming out of this draft in about 3-4 years is definitely Jeremy Thompson. The scouts talk very high of his potential of just going after the quarterback. I'm starting to become less and less of a fan of KGB and I think once hes gone, Thompson could make tremendous strides in this scheme.

tjsunstein
05-05-2008, 06:58 PM
In my opinion our biggest need is probably the safety slot like everyone is saying. I really like Tierre Green though and how high expectations from him if he continues to the minicamps and makes the team. My instinct tells me something good will come from this kid. I liked how Bigby played for the most part when he came in. He plays with such intensity, which is great at times, but he can eaily be fooled by the quarterbacks eyes. I just would like for someone on our team to consistently cover tight ends. We were killed by them last year. The Redskins game shouldnt have even been close if we could just stop Cooley.

EvilMonkey
05-05-2008, 07:57 PM
In my opinion our biggest need is probably the safety slot like everyone is saying. I really like Tierre Green though and how high expectations from him if he continues to the minicamps and makes the team. My instinct tells me something good will come from this kid. I liked how Bigby played for the most part when he came in. He plays with such intensity, which is great at times, but he can eaily be fooled by the quarterbacks eyes. I just would like for someone on our team to consistently cover tight ends. We were killed by them last year. The Redskins game shouldnt have even been close if we could just stop Cooley.

Green isnt even on the team yet. He was just brought in as a rookie tryout, not an UDFA. I havent heard anything on how well anyone did or anything, but the only official signing of the rookie camp tryouts so far is Fred Bledsoe.

Also, Beaver wont be signed. Dont waste your time with the article, has nothing in it, but just want to post the factual link.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/05/05/no-go-on-beaver.aspx

Favre4ever
05-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Packers had a good draft but for sure not the best draft
i think out biggest need is Free Safety, lets see how Nick plays

I have a feeling that Collins will lose his spot to Rouse. In the few games he started, Rouse made more plays than Collins did all year. 2 picks in two starts, the kid was everywhere. His instincts are up there with Woodson's, IMO. It will clearly be a battle during camp.

The Legend
05-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Alot of big name free agents in 2010 for the Packers

* = Sure Starters
** = Could Start

Greg Jennings WR *
Chad Clifton OT *
Ryan Pickett DT *
Aaron Kampman DE *
Nick Collins FS*
Johnny Jolly DT *
Daryn Colledge OG **
Junius Coston OG **
Jason Spitz OG **
Brady Poppinga LB **
Abdul Hodge LB
Tracy White LB
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila DE
Will Blackmon CB

Alot of money will be throw from the offseason to the start of next season

Packer_Backer
05-05-2008, 11:27 PM

* = Sure Starters
** = Could Start

Greg Jennings WR *
Chad Clifton OT *
Ryan Pickett DT *
Aaron Kampman DE *
Nick Collins FS*
Johnny Jolly DT *
Daryn Colledge OG **
Junius Coston OG **
Jason Spitz OG **
Brady Poppinga LB **
Abdul Hodge LB
Tracy White LB
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila DE
Will Blackmon CB

Is that all UFA? or are some of them RFA?

PackerLegend
05-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Is that all UFA? or are some of them RFA?

They will all be UFA.... Thats a longs ways away and you can guarantee that young superstars like Jennings will be seeing alot of money thrown his way if he produces before he gets close to hitting the market . Guys like Clifton will in all likely hood knowing TT will be let go in favor of younger players.

Packer_Backer
05-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Good thing we'll have a lot a cap room because it is going to be expensive off season next year.

AtariBigby
05-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Unlike the Sherman Tank, Teddy has done a great job leaving plenty of cap space. Hopefully the Labor Agreement doesn't end the salary cap though.....

Here's an interesting click back in time a few years, for any Brian Brohm fans.... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0611/gallery.cfb.top.underclassmen/content.11.html

Yatta!
05-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah I doubt we'll have a problem resigning the players we want, TT has done a good job of that so far.

tjsunstein
05-06-2008, 11:37 AM
I dont think that Clifton or KGB will be back but thats almost obvious in the TT era. I really want both the DTs back but thats gonna depend on Harrell's developement I guess.

umphrey
05-06-2008, 12:41 PM

* = Sure Starters
** = Could Start

Greg Jennings WR * 26
Chad Clifton OT * 33
Ryan Pickett DT * 30
Aaron Kampman DE * 30
Nick Collins FS* 26
Johnny Jolly DT * 27
Daryn Colledge OG ** 28
Junius Coston OG ** 26
Jason Spitz OG ** 27
Brady Poppinga LB ** 30
Abdul Hodge LB 27
Tracy White LB 29
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila DE 32
Will Blackmon CB 25

I added in ages that they will be in 2010
Age (according to Packers.com) + 2

Jennings, Kampman, Pickett, Colledge, Spitz, Jolly all have very good chances of staying past the contract. Pickett's still pretty young and we love stacking the DL. Same with Kampman.

I think we keep 3 out of Harrell, Pickett, Jolly, Cole. I guess that translates to 2 out of Pickett, Jolly, Cole.

Blackmon, Collins, Coston have to develop to remain on the roster.

The rest are probably too old or just backup players that will probably float to another team. We'll opt for young special teamers over old ones.

Didn't realize how old Poppinga was and young Blackmon was. Makes me optimistic for Blackmon.

tjsunstein
05-06-2008, 06:53 PM
I didnt realize Poppinga was 30, thats a real eye opener. Im 50/50 on whether or not Collins will be back. Hes gonna be looking for a decent contract if he produces and with our staff optimistic that Rouse will turn out, I dont see TT forking up the money for such average production when we already have a guy capable of it on our squad.

tjsunstein
05-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Unlike the Sherman Tank, Teddy has done a great job leaving plenty of cap space. Hopefully the Labor Agreement doesn't end the salary cap though.....

Here's an interesting click back in time a few years, for any Brian Brohm fans.... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0611/gallery.cfb.top.underclassmen/content.11.html

The fact that Alan Branch was in there humored me a bit, I never thought he was any good.

umphrey
05-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I didnt realize Poppinga was 30, thats a real eye opener. Im 50/50 on whether or not Collins will be back. Hes gonna be looking for a decent contract if he produces and with our staff optimistic that Rouse will turn out, I dont see TT forking up the money for such average production when we already have a guy capable of it on our squad.

Will be 30, those are 2010 ages

bigboiajhawk
05-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Poppinga was old coming into the league, he was 25 I believe. Its because he had to go on a mission trip because of his religious beliefs. Patrick Lee is also an old rookie, he is 24.

TitleTown088
05-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Someone, the packers signed your boy Condrew Allen from Portland state.

The Legend
05-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Frank Okam should have left last year i think someone would have reach for him

AtariBigby
05-07-2008, 05:25 PM
JOHNNY JOLLY

How good can this guy be?
I love the big fella because of his high energy.

He reminds me of a John Randle/Warren Sapp type of guy.

I hope he stays healthy and starts dominating.....

princefielder28
05-07-2008, 05:26 PM
JOHNNY JOLLY

How good can this guy be?
I love the big fella because of his high energy.

He reminds me of a John Randle/Warren Sapp type of guy.

I hope he stays healthy and starts dominating.....

Jolly played extremely well when he was healthy last year and if he shows that promise in camp again then I find it hard to believe that anyone can beat him out

Yatta!
05-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Article on Brett Swain and the 'Wes Welker' comparison.
http://sheboyganpress.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080503/PKR01/80503040/1989

Sorry if it's already been posted.

AtariBigby
05-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Article on Brett Swain and the 'Wes Welker' comparison.
http://sheboyganpress.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080503/PKR01/80503040/1989

Sorry if it's already been posted.

He's actually Ricky Proehl Part II, not Wes Welker. Proehl had a heckuva long career.
But Swain faces super duper long odds on our team......

“They’re going to like him, especially working out of the slot,” said San Diego State coach Chuck Long, a former NFL quarterback for the Detroit Lions and Los Angeles Rams. “There are guys out there that are very fast but don’t know a lot about running routes. Brett separates himself by knowing the art of route running.”

Swain’s receivers coach in college, LeCharles McDaniel, likened Swain to a player he coached for one season with the Arizona Cardinals, Ricky Proehl. Proehl (6-0, 190), a third-round draft pick in 1990 who played a remarkable 17 seasons in the NFL, was built similarly to Swain and ran the 40 in 4.49 seconds.

“He really reminds me of Ricky a lot,” McDaniel said. “He has good feet, can create with his feet, not a 4.3 guy but he runs 4.4.”

TitleTown088
05-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Where the heck do you guys get your tickets from usually? I've been looking for tickets to the Vikings game everywhere and can't find anything remotely cheap. Any ideas?

The Legend
05-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Where the heck do you guys get your tickets from usually? I've been looking for tickets to the Vikings game everywhere and can't find anything remotely cheap. Any ideas?

i get my tickets from ebay

mqtirishfan
05-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Brett Swain: Like Wes Welker only 3 inches taller, worse at playing football and faster in the 40. Really, do we need to compare white guys to other white guys for the **** of it? I bet Jordy has some Wes in him as well.

TitleTown088
05-08-2008, 07:32 PM
i get my tickets from ebay

They're like a thousand Dollars for two tickets on there. I can't swing that right now.

roidrunner
05-08-2008, 07:36 PM
have you tried selling your body???? i hear fat woman pay rather well.

TitleTown088
05-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Fat women don't need to pay me for sex, they just wait until I'm drunk. It only takes me one drink to get drunk too. Trouble is, I can never remember if it's the 14th or 15th.

AtariBigby
05-09-2008, 08:20 AM
eBay is a sellers market for tickets....sell there, don't buy there.

Good call on the caucasion-comps at WR, but I hear Swain is similar to Ricky Proehl, not Wes Welker.

And "they" compare Jordy Nelson to a faster version of Dwight Clark.
DC is a little before most y'all's time, but he and Joe Montana were a formidable combo back in the early 80's.

tjsunstein
05-09-2008, 11:00 AM
I really want to get my hands on a pair of tickets to that Monday Night opener as well.

Im really excited about our recivers this year.

GB12
05-09-2008, 11:19 AM
There is no way you'll get tickets unless you're willing to fork over a fourtune. 1. It's the season opener. 2. It's a Monday Night game. 3. It's against the Vikings. 4. It's Brett Favre's retirement ceremony.

It's hard to find tickets for any Packer game, but this one you might as well not even try.

roidrunner
05-09-2008, 12:50 PM
titletown, i also hear sperm donation pays really well. i also used to sell plasma, its like 2 times a week for like $80. Plus it is really easy to get drunk after giving plasma

mqtirishfan
05-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Good call on the caucasion-comps at WR, but I hear Swain is similar to Ricky Proehl, not Wes Welker.

DC is a little before most y'all's time, but he and Joe Montana were a formidable combo back in the early 80's.

The problem isn't so much with white-to-white comparisons as much as it is stupid white-to-white comparisons. Every white guy right now is considered the next Wes Welker, simply because Welker is the most famous white WR in the game today.

neko4
05-09-2008, 02:18 PM
eBay is a sellers market for tickets....sell there, don't buy there.

Proehl is actually a good comparison

And if you dont know who Dwight Clark is you shouldnt watch football anymore

rumfinator
05-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Well, Profootballtalk(not always reliable) is reporting that Koren Robinson may be cut here shortly.

i guess the coaching staff feels that Will Blackmon can handle kick return duties this season. I am not all that surprised if this move goes through.

TitleTown088
05-09-2008, 02:57 PM
I think I'm going to pull the trigger for 350 a pop... Oh well, it's Rodgers first game and Favre.

Nothing unexpected but...Koren is supposed to be cut according to PFT http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/09/koren-to-be-cut/#comments

neko4
05-09-2008, 02:58 PM
yeah, kinda sad to see him leave. He'll find work elsewhere for sure, but hopefully not Minnesota or Chicago. Maybe San Fran or Seattle again

Boston
05-09-2008, 03:43 PM
David Witthoft finally shunned his Brett Favre jersey for a red shirt for the first time in 1,581 days.

The 12-year-old Ridgefield, Conn., boy wore the No. 4 jersey every day since receiving it as a Christmas gift in 2003.

David's father, Chuck Witthoft, said that his son's last day wearing the jersey was April 23 on his 12th birthday. Witthoft conceded his son started to become concerned about his appearance after the jersey barely came down to his belt line.

What a kid!

tjsunstein
05-09-2008, 03:48 PM
What a kid!

Easily the most devoted fan Ive ever heard of.

cordscords
05-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Packers must really believe they got a steal in Swain if they cut Robinson this shortly after the draft.

GB12
05-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Packers must really believe they got a steal in Swain if they cut Robinson this shortly after the draft.
I think that it's more likely we go with only 5 WR or Shaun Bodiford than Swain.

neko4
05-09-2008, 04:48 PM
What a kid!
i remember hearing the story 4 years ago

TitleTown088
05-09-2008, 05:44 PM
I think that it's more likely we go with only 5 WR or Shaun Bodiford than Swain.

I don't think it's too unlikely at all that the Packers would keep 6 WR. How would they run the "fab five" if someone gets hurt?. If the staff is high on Swain I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick around.

Goatboy1717
05-09-2008, 07:10 PM
I agree with some people here. I think we will keep 5. If one of the 5 gets hurt we have someone who the staff is high on to fill in. The staff had to be high on him to draft him when many thought he would go undrafted.

PackerLegend
05-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Did you guys know that Orrin Thompson and Jeremy Thompson are brothers? I didnt know that and here is a story from packers.com

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2008/05/08/1/

Brothers Ready To Battle

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com
posted 05/08/2008

Growing up in Charlotte, N.C., brothers Orrin and Jeremy Thompson used to compete for the kinds of things that, well, all brothers do.

Who gets the last drumstick at dinner, who gets to pick the channel and TV program after dinner. That sort of stuff.

Little did they know their athletic careers would eventually put them in a position where they'd be competing with one another on the Green Bay Packers' practice field - for a job.

But that's the impending scenario set to unfold when OTAs begin later this month, or at the very least during training camp. With older brother Orrin an offensive tackle and rookie fourth-round draft pick Jeremy at defensive end, it's virtually inevitable that they will be lining up across from one another in one-on-one pass-rush drills and during team (11-on-11) segments of practice.

It's a moment the Thompson brothers are looking forward to, but one they admit will be a little strange, a little heated, and everything in between.

"We're making little jokes that if we did have to go one-on-one, it's going to be a battle," Orrin said. "He's going to win some, I'm going to win some. It's going to be nasty."

Those jokes began draft weekend when Orrin, now in his third season with the Packers as a backup offensive tackle, was back home in Charlotte with the family for Jeremy's draft party.

It was almost a surreal moment when Jeremy got the call from the Packers that they were trading up 11 spots in the fourth round to grab him. The brothers haven't been on the same team since Orrin was a senior and Jeremy was a freshman on the football and basketball squads at Charlotte Christian School back in 2000, and suddenly they've become teammates in the NFL.

"For me it's a great honor to be here," Jeremy said. "But I'm really blessed to have somebody I know, and it will be my brother, already here on the team."

Parents Oliver and Myrna already are making plans to come visit the boys during training camp, and getting to see them both in the same city will be exciting as well as convenient.

Their boys have taken rather different paths to the pros, though both come from Atlantic Coast Conference schools - Orrin from Duke, Jeremy from Wake Forest.

Orrin was a defensive tackle all through college and wasn't drafted, signing as a free agent with the Miami Dolphins in 2005. He converted to offensive tackle, spent one year on Miami's practice squad, one season in NFL Europe with the Berlin Thunder, and another training camp with the Dolphins before he was released prior to the start of the 2006 regular season.

He was signed to the Packers' practice squad in November of 2006 and has been in Green Bay since. He was on the Packers' active roster for two separate stints last year but did not appear in a game, and he'll be competing with several candidates to land backup spots behind veteran tackles Mark Tauscher and Chad Clifton this year.

Meanwhile Jeremy is not undergoing a position change and already has a place in Green Bay history without ever taking a snap, as the only player General Manager Ted Thompson has ever traded up to select in nine years running drafts (five with Seattle, four in Green Bay).

At 264 pounds, he'll be asked to bulk up a bit to play his position as a pro, but with the likes of reserve defensive ends Michael Montgomery and Jason Hunter making their mark on special teams in the early stages of their careers, Thompson may have the body type to do the same as a rookie.

"I know my role with so many great defensive linemen here is probably going to be on special teams first, so I'm ready to embrace that role," Jeremy said. "If I can work on the defense, that's great. I'm still going to work hard in practice on defense. But right now I see my role being primarily on special teams, and I'm going to work to my fullest to participate on special teams."

The brothers hung out briefly this past weekend when Jeremy was participating in the rookie orientation, and when asked they described themselves similarly, as quiet guys who like to "chill." Their voices are similar, so much so that Orrin says when he calls home, sometimes his mom thinks it's the little brother.

They have been on the same field once before since high school. On Oct. 30, 2004, Jeremy's Demon Deacons beat Orrin's Blue Devils 24-22 in Winston-Salem, with both Thompsons starting on the defensive line for their respective teams. Statistically, Orrin had a slightly better day, with three total tackles (two solo) to Jeremy's two (one solo).

But there'll be plenty more comparing of stats and contributions in the months to come. Though their lockers are about as far apart as possible in the Packers' locker room - the room's football shape puts the offensive and defensive linemen at the opposite ends - they should see each other plenty in practice, through their facemasks and ready for the snap.

"Back at the house, we could compete for different things like food and TV time, but now we're actually competing in football, so I think it will be really fun," Jeremy said.

"It's good to have a familiar face, but my brother being on the other side of the ball, a position I go against, sometimes I think I'll be tempted to take it easy on him or him take it easy on me, but we know we can't do that, because this is football. It's very competitive, and we both have jobs we're trying to get. It will be weird at first, but we'll get used to how it's supposed to be."

That's unfortunately the harsh reality behind this feel-good story from the draft. As a 13-3 team with only 53 roster spots and not many holes to fill, the Packers may not have room for both Thompsons when training camp concludes.

With the draft selection of Breno Giacomini, there's added competition for the backup roles behind Tauscher and Clifton, and Orrin is no longer eligible for the practice squad. And even as a draft pick, Jeremy's immediate future is by no means secure, as the Packers have cut selections from the fourth (Cory Rodgers, 2006) and fifth (David Clowney, 2007) rounds the last two years.

But if they're both able to make the 53-man roster come late August, the draft day celebration from Charlotte would happily move north. With plenty of food to go around.

"I'm just pumped that he is where he is," Orrin said. "You see your little brother grow up in front of your eyes and get a chance, and for it to be with you, it's awesome."

someone447
05-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Three guys from Portland State are on the Packers. They just signed Condrew Allen, a corner for us last year.

Shaun Bodiford, Brennan Carvahlo, and Condrew Allen.

Wow. I am in shock over this.

AtariBigby
05-09-2008, 08:48 PM
I don't think it's too unlikely at all that the Packers would keep 6 WR. How would they run the "fab five" if someone gets hurt?. If the staff is high on Swain I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick around.

We won't, and didn't, run the 5-WRs that often once Ryan Grant emerged as a force on the ground. Plus taking Jermichael gives us the potential to cause a matchup problem for a LB there on the fast TE up the seam..........

We won't keep 6 WRs on the roster for sure.

AtariBigby
05-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I think I'm going to pull the trigger for 350 a pop... Oh well, it's Rodgers first game and Favre.

Nothing unexpected but...Koren is supposed to be cut according to PFT http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/09/koren-to-be-cut/#comments
It's not just PFT that reported that, it's a done deal. His days as a Packer are over, and it shows why I was SHOCKED that they kept feeding Koren the balls against the Giants on screens instead of Driver, Jennings, or Jones. Koren has no legs left. Too bad.......

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/05/09/agent-robinson-to-be-cut.aspx

Nitschke-Hawk
05-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Three guys from Portland State are on the Packers. They just signed Condrew Allen, a corner for us last year.

Shaun Bodiford, Brennan Carvahlo, and Condrew Allen.

Wow. I am in shock over this.

Yeah.

That is pretty damn cool, and unique. There's a lot of big colleges that don't have that many on the Packers.

I forgot Bodiford went there, but I knew about the two new guys.

Yatta!
05-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Wouldn't surprise me either way if we kept 5 or 6 WRs tbh. I really hope Koren makes an impact for another team.

GB12
05-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Yeah.

That is pretty damn cool, and unique. There's a lot of big colleges that don't have that many on the Packers.

I forgot Bodiford went there, but I knew about the two new guys.

Our WRs at the start of last year were from: Alcorn State, Western Michigan, San Jose State, Saginaw Valley State, and Portland State.

johbur
05-10-2008, 02:33 PM
The articles on jsonline about Koren Robinson's knee being bone-on-bone and how he required constant attention to his knee from a trainer took the surprise out of his release. I'd like to see Swain make the club as a sixth WR. He's a lot faster than Bodiford and with Jordy, Blackmon, Williams, Woodson and half the other guys on the team available for KR/PR, not sure he'd be of any value.

A pity Koren's knee didn't let him get back to Pro-Bowl form as a returner. I'll be interested to see how camp unfolds and the battle for the #3 WR between JJ and Jordy.

tjsunstein
05-10-2008, 08:54 PM
The only benefit the winner of the #3 spot will gain is the title going into week 1. McCarthy will try to get both in there equal time, I think its going to be an ongoing battle through the season with no clear cut winner.

Goatboy1717
05-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Wouldn't surprise me either way if we kept 5 or 6 WRs tbh. I really hope Koren makes an impact for another team.

...as long as it isnt for the Vikings, Lions, or Bears.

tjsunstein
05-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Probably wont be for the Vikes since they had him when he was in trouble. I cant see him with the Bears with Hester, and the Lions have enough Wide Recievers, right?

Yatta!
05-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Probably wont be for the Vikes since they had him when he was in trouble. I cant see him with the Bears with Hester, and the Lions have enough Wide Recievers, right?

Yeah, I severly doubt he goes to another team in our division. I've heard Dallas and Kansas being possible destinations.

AtariBigby
05-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Miami is a possibility, as is Seattle with Holmgren again. Kansas City and Philly are interested, so are the Red Skins.
But I predict Dallas.

TitleTown088
05-12-2008, 08:42 AM
I came across an interesting stat... Bernard Berrian's contract is larger than the Packers five WR's.

Packer_Backer
05-12-2008, 11:01 AM
I came across an interesting stat... Bernard Berrian's contract is larger than the Packers five WR's.

so he must be five times better than any one of our receivers!

AtariBigby
05-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Is that for this season, or life of each contract?
Great stat either way.

Pacific
05-13-2008, 10:59 AM
http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/05/favre-to-fox-rumor-gaining-some.html

Looks like Fox is talking to Brett about being on FOX NFL Sunday. I sure hope he ends up on TV somewhere.

princefielder28
05-13-2008, 12:00 PM
http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/05/favre-to-fox-rumor-gaining-some.html

Looks like Fox is talking to Brett about being on FOX NFL Sunday. I sure hope he ends up on TV somewhere.

I would prefer that Favre not become a member of the media

Pacific
05-13-2008, 01:36 PM
I would prefer that Favre not become a member of the media

Well, he's always entertaining to listen to and if he was on tv it would be a good way to get a weekly Favre fix. I'm ready to move on as a franchise and start over at QB with Rodgers, but I don't want Brett to fade into oblivion. I want him to remain in the public eye, just not wearing a jersey.

PackerLegend
05-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Favre was an amazing football player but I think he would be horrible as a TV analyst or commentator on Fox. It just doesnt seem to fix him very well.

AtariBigby
05-13-2008, 04:46 PM
I agree.... he often fumbles his words, and talks slowly.....
I thought he wanted to get away from the game finally?

The Legend
05-13-2008, 06:14 PM
no i think he just wanted to get away from the practice and trainings and just be there on game day

someone447
05-13-2008, 07:56 PM
I agree.... he often fumbles his words, and talks slowly.....
I thought he wanted to get away from the game finally?

There is nothing wrong with talking slowly, its a southern thing.

neko4
05-13-2008, 08:09 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/deranu4/Stained20Glass20Favre.jpg

TitleTown088
05-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Nice pick Neko, but it's old news I posted that nearly a year and a half year ago.

neko4
05-13-2008, 08:31 PM
o really?
i thought it was the coolest thing like second ago!
i dont think i was here then anyway
still the coolest thing

TitleTown088
05-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Yeah, its absolutely sweet. You need to pair it up with this though..

Our Favre,

Who art in Lambeau,

Hallowed be thine arm.

Thy bowl will come,

It will be won.

In Canton as it is in Lambeau.

And give us this Sunday,

Our weekly win.

And give us many touchdown passes.

But do not let others pass against us.

Lead us not into frustration,

But deliver us to the valley of the fun.

For thine is the MVP, the best of the NFC,

and the glory of the Cheeseheads,

now and forever.

Go get'em. Amen."

Mr.Regular
05-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I remember a variation tha went like,

Our Favre,
Who Art in Lambeau,
Hallowed be thy game,
Thy Pass will come,
As will the run,
On the frozen field in Wisconsin,
Give us thy game,
our weekly win,
And forgive those who play against us,
Lead us not only into the playoffs,
But deliver us to the Super Bowl.

I know its not the official one, but I remember hearing this variation

TitleTown088
05-13-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm sure there are various versions. Any of them give me a raging clue.

Mr.Regular
05-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Okay so me and a buddy are making the trek to Green Bay for a game this year. We're thinking against Indy. With the legal scalping area, and tickets being sold outside the gates, how much will I have to drop for half decent seats? Is it a smart idea to go with the intention of buying tickets there or should I shell out the cash on the internet now?

TitleTown088
05-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Okay so me and a buddy are making the trek to Green Bay for a game this year. We're thinking against Indy. With the legal scalping area, and tickets being sold outside the gates, how much will I have to drop for half decent seats? Is it a smart idea to go with the intention of buying tickets there or should I shell out the cash on the internet now?
I just shelled out the Cash for the Vikings and Bears games... I think it's worth it to have them rather than driving all the way there not having a sure ticket.

Boston
05-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I just shelled out the Cash for the Vikings and Bears games... I think it's worth it to have them rather than driving all the way there not having a sure ticket.

There's always people selling tickets outside though. But, there's always that chance. It depends on how far the drive is really.

RockJock07
05-13-2008, 10:53 PM
I have only been to one game and the tickets were a gift but that Indy game would be a great one to go to, I think Dallas would be fun too.

On another note, when do OTA's start?

RockJock07
05-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Interesting article on a ex-packer

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/outofbounds/index.shtml

TitleTown088
05-13-2008, 11:08 PM
There's always people selling tickets outside though. But, there's always that chance. It depends on how far the drive is really.

Yeah, I suppose. It's a 7 hour drive for me though. I don't want to take chances. Is it really that much cheaper to get them scalped than online?

LonghornsLegend
05-14-2008, 01:24 AM
For the sake of not making a new thread, can a few Packers fans give me some insight on Koren Robinson? I'm wondering if he is a slot WR, or #3 at best, or if he has potenial to be a #2 guy on the outside, how are his hands, things like that...I watched him earlier in his career but I didn't get to see much of him at all last year after he was brought in, I'm not sure if he would be a good fit in Dallas or not, we really don't need another slot so if thats all Koren is Horn would probably be a better quick fix.

Goatboy1717
05-14-2008, 01:28 AM
OTA's start May 21st.

Sweet pick Neko. I dont care how old it is that pick is awesome.

I wish I could go to a game. I live in California so it would be really hard for me to go anywhere to watch a Packers game. If they come to San Diego then I am for sure going but considering they faced them last year it will be a while before they play them again. Hopefully it is here next time.

johbur
05-14-2008, 03:05 AM

Tells you how stupid the GM that signed him is. Rather than have a competent scouting staff, they go give a mediocre WR crazy money. Dragging stiff after stiff in from the cold to make Tavaris Jackson look like more than the absolutely terrible pick that he is. I found it laughable that people were so high on JDB and implying that he'll be the starter this upcoming year that will lead the Vikes to playoffs.

We'll see how all our receivers hold up with not having Favre throwing to them, but I am pretty excited about carrying the six guys I hope we carry.

johbur
05-14-2008, 03:08 AM
For the sake of not making a new thread, can a few Packers fans give me some insight on Koren Robinson? I'm wondering if he is a slot WR, or #3 at best, or if he has potenial to be a #2 guy on the outside, how are his hands, things like that...I watched him earlier in his career but I didn't get to see much of him at all last year after he was brought in, I'm not sure if he would be a good fit in Dallas or not, we really don't need another slot so if thats all Koren is Horn would probably be a better quick fix.

His hands are very good, his instincts are even better. Sadly, his knee is bone-on-bone arthritic and will require treatment all year long if he plays football. He isn't able to fully get into game shape due to the knee. He was an amazing return man when he was healthy and he had grown into a superior WR, and if he didn't have the knee problem, he'd still be a Packer.

He's a high character guy, with his fatal flaw being he's a recovering alcoholic. He is taking his antabuse and 12 stepping it, so his drinking is not the issue. It's his performance and that is directly tied to his health.

Yatta!
05-14-2008, 05:54 AM
I wish I could go to a game. I live in California so it would be really hard for me to go anywhere to watch a Packers game. If they come to San Diego then I am for sure going but considering they faced them last year it will be a while before they play them again. Hopefully it is here next time.

Well I'm in the UK so I'm just waiting until its the Packers turn to play in London :D

AtariBigby
05-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Well I'm in the UK so I'm just waiting until its the Packers turn to play in London :D
Let me know if you come across any tickets to Wimbledon !

Cheers mate, God Bless the Queen

Yatta!
05-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Let me know if you come across any tickets to Wimbledon !

Cheers mate, God Bless the Queen

Randomly my dad works at Wimbledon, so I get to go pretty much every year! :D

PACKmanN
05-14-2008, 02:12 PM
I don't know where to put this but I find it interesting. Do you guys believe it?

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/news/may00/ahman25052400.asp

Ahman Green claimed he had a 4.18 40 time.

Boston
05-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I don't know where to put this but I find it interesting. Do you guys believe it?

Yeah, so did I.

JF4
05-14-2008, 03:53 PM

The time in the 4.3's is probably accurate.

Pack_Attack_4
05-14-2008, 09:05 PM
who do u guys think will be the starting strong side LB this year Brandon Chillar or Brady Poppinga? I like poppinga i think hes got a pritty good motor but he does struggle in the pass game.

neko4
05-14-2008, 09:06 PM
I hope this is Poppinga's breakout year, but its probably gonna be Chillar's job

princefielder28
05-14-2008, 09:07 PM
who do u guys think will be the starting strong side LB this year Brandon Chillar or Brady Poppinga? I like poppinga i think hes got a pritty good motor but he does struggle in the pass game.

It'll be an interesting contest in camp, but I don't know if Poppinga's pass covering skills will be improved enough to get the nod

PACKmanN
05-14-2008, 09:10 PM
IMO, I don't find Chillar coverage skills much of an improvement. We still need to find a better option at the SAM.

johbur
05-14-2008, 11:48 PM

I like Chillar for coverage and B-Pop for rushing. In the Giants game, Brady was hitting the gaps and molesting NY O-line. When he is back-pedaling, NOT the guy you want doing that. Chillar OK as rusher, as well, but this scheme doesn't rush the backers. A pity, as the top four LBs all have some talent getting after the QB if the scheme will open up to let them get to it.

AtariBigby
05-15-2008, 08:32 AM
IMO, I don't find Chillar coverage skills much of an improvement. We still need to find a better option at the SAM.
To be honest, even though I have had the NFL Sunday Ticket for 13 years straight, I have to admit I have never watched/studied/focused on Brandon Chillar in his career with the Rams and in college.

Maybe you have up in Toronto?

I can't accurately comment on his coverage abilities other than heresay from other people. But I do know Poppinga is a bit below average as a cover LB. Not horrible anymore, but not quite up to par. But not for lack of effort, and he's improving.

The Legend
05-17-2008, 12:06 AM
actually the thing i like about Chillar is that it lets Poppinga move back to DE like in collage

AtariBigby
05-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Randomly my dad works at Wimbledon, so I get to go pretty much every year! :D

You lucky, bloody fella!
Wimbledon is one of the 3 shrines in the world.
Lambeau and Augusta National for the Masters are the other two.

neko4
05-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Anybody think we could do a 43/34 hybrid now?
We've discussed this before, i know

GB12
05-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Could we? Yes
Should we? No

PACKmanN
05-17-2008, 02:48 PM
I doubt we could do it. We still would need a LE and someone in the middle to replace Barnett who wouldn't be able to get away from blockers once blocked. He would struggle like Vilma did.

neko4
05-17-2008, 03:38 PM
I doubt we could do it. We still would need a LE and someone in the middle to replace Barnett who wouldn't be able to get away from blockers once blocked. He would struggle like Vilma did.
yeah thats what id be afraid of, he is fairly similar to him in size

johbur
05-17-2008, 11:04 PM

We have the horses to play the 3-4. Kampman-Harrell (or Pickett)-Jenkins up front (in addition to Hunter, KGB, JJ, Cole, MM and Muir) with Chillar-Hawk-Barnett-Poppinga as the LBs. Toss in Abdul Hodge and Desmond Bishop and there's the players to switch it up at the defense's discretion.

Were I the DC, I'd practice it in closed sessions and break it out initially in a situation where the opponent is having some success against the 4-3, switch it up to the 3-4 and see if you have more success against the opponent. After that, you could move to it situationally when you want to enhance coverage and still maintain a strong front seven.

I'm not sure it is compatible with the Bates 4-3, as there are some fundamental differences, like pressure from the LBs, but we have the players that could switch it up.

PACKmanN
05-17-2008, 11:24 PM
We have the horses to play the 3-4. Kampman-Harrell (or Pickett)-Jenkins up front (in addition to Hunter, KGB, JJ, Cole, MM and Muir) with Chillar-Hawk-Barnett-Poppinga as the LBs. Toss in Abdul Hodge and Desmond Bishop and there's the players to switch it up at the defense's discretion.

Were I the DC, I'd practice it in closed sessions and break it out initially in a situation where the opponent is having some success against the 4-3, switch it up to the 3-4 and see if you have more success against the opponent. After that, you could move to it situationally when you want to enhance coverage and still maintain a strong front seven.

I'm not sure it is compatible with the Bates 4-3, as there are some fundamental differences, like pressure from the LBs, but we have the players that could switch it up.
Kampman would be a terrible 3-4 DE. He isn't big enough to hold off blockers.

Yatta!
05-18-2008, 06:25 AM
Why fix something that isn't broken? If we're gonna change anything about our defence then I would like to see some more blitzing from the linebackers etc, I don't think our players fit the 3-4 very well.

AtariBigby
05-18-2008, 08:25 AM
I'd like to see more variety from our coverage instead of the vanilla man-to-man all the time.
Plaxic/Eli torched us..... anytime Plax got the inside on Harris, Eli knew who would be where from the DB......

we need to throw some confusion at the Qbs

Nitschke-Hawk
05-18-2008, 11:08 AM
It's official, St. Louis Rams to Mequon, WI for training camp

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=750468

GB12
05-18-2008, 11:22 AM
It's official, St. Louis Rams to Mequon, WI for training camp

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=750468
Yeah, I saw that earlier this week. I might check that out one of the days if it's open to the public. Green Bay is too far to go for training camp, but Mequon is very close to me.

bigboiajhawk
05-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Okay so I have been reading some draft reviews, and they all have the vikings rated high, and it has something to do with Jared Allen. My question is how come none of the reviews on the packers have anything with Ryan Grant in them. I mean we used our 6th round pick on Grant...I dont know it just makes me mad because I hate the vikings more than any other team in the NFL.

AtariBigby
05-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Okay so I have been reading some draft reviews, and they all have the vikings rated high, and it has something to do with Jared Allen. My question is how come none of the reviews on the packers have anything with Ryan Grant in them. I mean we used our 6th round pick on Grant...I dont know it just makes me mad because I hate the vikings more than any other team in the NFL.

you make a great, and valid point.
i also hate the vikings the most..... because i lived there thru the whole 80's and 90's and saw the Viqueens beat the Packers all 5 times i went there in the dome, and even one time in green bay in 1998 on monday night when moss torched us!

The Legend
05-19-2008, 02:16 PM
did you guys hear Patick Lee changed his name to Pat Lee i wonder why? pat? sounds un-normal

AtariBigby
05-19-2008, 02:41 PM
did you guys hear Patick Lee changed his name to Pat Lee i wonder why? pat? sounds un-normal
I had seen it written as Pat lately but not that he chose to announce it or something...... I like Patrick better so I'll keep calling him Patrick.

princefielder28
05-19-2008, 05:05 PM

The name Pat always makes me think of SNL

PackerLegend
05-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Patrick Lee sounds alot better then Pat Lee I think. Anyways I dont really care about his name I just sure hope he is better then Carroll which shouldnt be to hard and that he turns out to be amazing and take over for Wood or Hair someday.

FLORIDA PACKER
05-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Patrick Lee sounds alot better then Pat Lee I think. Anyways I dont really care about his name I just sure hope he is better then Carroll which shouldnt be to hard and that he turns out to be amazing and take over for Wood or Hair someday.

Patrick Dendy was an improvement over Amahd Carroll :P I'm shooting for something along the lines of Starting Caliber Corner at some point :).

Football Fan
05-20-2008, 02:26 AM
Tom Pelissero column: Favre’s absence means fewer wins to Vegas

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080518/PKR07/80518004/1058/PKR01

Goatboy1717
05-20-2008, 05:33 PM
OTA's started today. A couple injuries to report.

Justin Harrell(Back), Johnny Jolly(Shoulder), and Will Blackmon(Foot) have been ruled out for all OTA's but should be ready for training camp.

The first OTA open to the public is tomorrow so there should be a lot to talk about tomorrow.

umphrey
05-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Those injuries are leftovers from last year correct?

princefielder28
05-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Those injuries are leftovers from last year correct?

Harrell's back injury is new

The Legend
05-20-2008, 07:14 PM
so whats the word on Ryan Grant contract

PackerLegend
05-20-2008, 07:49 PM
so whats the word on Ryan Grant contract

He is screwed and really has no leverage. We can make him play for minimum for the next 2 seasons or sit. I dont think TT will screw this up. He will likely give Grant a better deal but not so huge in case he doesn't perform like he did last year. Im not worried and really like Grant something will get worked out and after he proves himself more next season then he could be seeing a nice big contract.

PACKmanN
05-20-2008, 07:52 PM
He is screwed and really has no leverage. We can make him play for minimum for the next 2 seasons or sit. I dont think TT will screw this up. He will likely give Grant a better deal but not so huge in case he doesn't perform like he did last year. Im not worried and really like Grant something will get worked out and after he proves himself more next season then he could be seeing a nice big contract.

how much of a double standard will it be now. A couple years ago he wouldn't give Walker a contract now he gives Grant one only after a season of production?

PackerLegend
05-20-2008, 08:02 PM
how much of a double standard will it be now. A couple years ago he wouldn't give Walker a contract now he gives Grant one only after a season of production?

Walker had a 1 great probowl season and wanted big $$$. Grant had almost 1000 yards in half a season and really turned our running game around whether it was all Grant or improved o-line play who knows. Grant deserves or then minimum at this point. Give him a mil and some incentives/bonus and then if he has the same production again for an entire year I think you give him big $$$. But you decide piss off Grant or keep him with us.

johbur
05-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Grant also is not asking for top-5 of his position money like Walker was. (How stupid is Al Davis for giving him that money this year?) Grant is obviously better than the #50 RB in the league and should be getting what an NFL starting RB gets. Top 25 money would be around three times his current salary.
He also is coming to camp and is not making a big fuss publicly about it. In addition, he doesn't have a current contract like Walker did. He's stuck with current rules and offers, but he's not breaking a contract like Walker.

neko4
05-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Seems like we need to write letters to TT!

PACKmanN
05-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Grant also is not asking for top-5 of his position money like Walker was. (How stupid is Al Davis for giving him that money this year?) Grant is obviously better than the #50 RB in the league and should be getting what an NFL starting RB gets. Top 25 money would be around three times his current salary.
He also is coming to camp and is not making a big fuss publicly about it. In addition, he doesn't have a current contract like Walker did. He's stuck with current rules and offers, but he's not breaking a contract like Walker.

I'm sorry but did Grant say he did not want to be paid top 5 for his position? He is asking for a raise, but as I see it, if he isn't asking for a lot then he would have been signed already.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Sorta big news guys, Barbre has inserted into the Starting Competition at guard.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/05/21/barbre-and-colledge-will-split-reps.aspx

neko4
05-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Good for him. the more competition the better.

Goatboy1717
05-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Harrell's back injury was caused by weight lifting. He had minor surgery and should be ready for training camp. Rodgers had his second straight good practice and Jordy made his second great catch in as many practices.

PACKmanN
05-21-2008, 10:01 PM
lol, did anyone see Rodgers comment towards Tauscher? I lol'ed.

Nitschke-Hawk
05-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Hahaha thats a good one.

Mr.Regular
05-22-2008, 12:11 AM
In that same interview, A-Rod talked about how he enjoyed hanging out with Kyle Boller and David Carr at the golf tournament... scared the crap out of me.