PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

RockJock07
08-07-2008, 12:57 AM
boy oh boy just go on with the hate...jets are a competitive team now, wake up!

Competitive, but not playoff bound. Not in that division and not in the STACKED AFC. May be the wild card team, but I don't think they would win a playoff game.

This is the best thing for the Packers. Jets don't come to GB until 2014 so packers brass doesn't have to worry about that crazyness. I say we get a 3rd rounder out of this maybe a 2nd rounder. If the jets make it to the sb the pick would be a 2nd rounder anyway for all tense and purposes.

Goatboy1717
08-07-2008, 01:27 AM
Oh wow. I missed a big part of it. They just flashed that on ESPN and I had the TV on mute while they probably explained it. I'll be rooting for the Jets this year then.

Boston
08-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Oh wow. I missed a big part of it. They just flashed that on ESPN and I had the TV on mute while they probably explained it. I'll be rooting for the Jets this year then.

What...? What would you have possibly gained from listening to the 'analysists' talk?

princefielder28
08-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Competitive, but not playoff bound. Not in that division and not in the STACKED AFC. May be the wild card team, but I don't think they would win a playoff game.

This is the best thing for the Packers. Jets don't come to GB until 2014 so packers brass doesn't have to worry about that crazyness. I say we get a 3rd rounder out of this maybe a 2nd rounder. If the jets make it to the sb the pick would be a 2nd rounder anyway for all tense and purposes.

Look at the Jets schedule

@MIA
NE
@SD
ARI
CIN
@OAK
KC
@BUF
STL
@NE
@TENN
DEN
@SF
BUF
@SEA
MIA

The 2 New England games, San Diego, and Seattle are the games I think that the Jets have very little chance to win, but the rest of them are very realistic victories. They added Kris Jenkins, Vernon Gholston, Calvin Pace, Alan Faneca, Damien Woody, and the rest of their draft. Throw Brett Favre in there and this team can be just as good as a team like Jacksonville and certainly better than a team like Tennessee

GB12
08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
The 2 New England games, San Diego, and Seattle are the games I think that the Jets have very little chance to win, but the rest of them are very realistic victories. They added Kris Jenkins, Vernon Gholston, Calvin Pace, Alan Faneca, Damien Woody, and the rest of their draft. Throw Brett Favre in there and this team can be just as good as a team like Jacksonville and certainly better than a team like Tennessee
Yeah, the schedule was something I was going to point out. The Jets have a great chance at the playoffs. I wouldn't say they can be as good as Jacksonville, I don't even think they're the 6th best team in the AFC. With that schedule though they could very well get the top Wild Card spot.

I can't see them finishing with less than 8 wins and 11 is entirely possible.

mqtirishfan
08-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Let's go Favre and the Jets! Make it to Tampa!

jackalope
08-07-2008, 12:12 PM
If the Jets trade Favre to Minnesota, they have to give us 3 first-rounders.

princefielder28
08-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Let's go Favre and the Jets! Make it to Tampa!

when Favre was saying that he wanted to go to Tampa this entire time, he wasn't talking about the Buccaneers, he was talking about the Super Bowl

Goatboy1717
08-07-2008, 05:43 PM
It is so strange to see Favre in a Jets hat in a Jets press conference.

TitleTown088
08-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Sure is.

Something I haven't seen mentioned around here is that if Rodgers and the Packers come out and flop, what's going to happen to ol' teddy boy and MM&co.

GB12
08-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Sure is.

Something I haven't seen mentioned around here is that if Rodgers and the Packers come out and flop, what's going to happen to ol' teddy boy and MM&co.
They take the high draft pick and continue building the team.

TitleTown088
08-07-2008, 09:10 PM
They take the high draft pick and continue building the team.

Well obviously.

However, you and I know that those two will be placed on the hot seat.

GB12
08-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Well obviously.

However, you and I know that those two will be placed on the hot seat.
Neither is going anywhere. They have done exceptional jobs and each just got a 5 year extension this offseason. Firing either one of them would be a terrible move. Some of the "fans" might be calling for their heads, hell some are already, however both are here to stay.

RockJock07
08-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Neither is going anywhere. They have done exceptional jobs and each just got a 5 year extension this offseason. Firing either one of them would be a terrible move. Some of the "fans" might be calling for their heads, hell some are already, however both are here to stay.

those "fans" are coming out of the woodwork and the sad part is that they are taking it to far. Everything from TT's sexuality to MM's wife. This whole situation is over but really only has begun and won't stop until this team performs well.

TitleTown088
08-08-2008, 03:28 PM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/blogs/packers/rodgersbobby.jpg

"I'd like to look at you because then they can't use this on Sportscenter. Where do you want me to look? What do I do with my hands? I don't know what to do with my hands." -- Aaron Rodgers, channeling his inner Ricky Bobby.

GB12
08-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Aaron Rodgers fires his agent. http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/08/report-rodgers-fires-his-agent.aspx

PackerLegend
08-08-2008, 04:31 PM
You guys see David Clowney last night.... If you dont remember the Packers drafted him. Just preseason but he did pretty good.

David Clowney caught touchdowns of 70 and 71 yards, and finished with four grabs for 163 yards, in the Jets' exhibition opener Thursday night.

That's how you make an impression. A project coming out of Virginia Tech in 2007, Clowney has bounced around but gets vertical in a hurry. He's caught coach Eric Mangini's eye in practice and could begin pushing Chansi Stuckey and Brad Smith to be the Jets' third receiver, a position that will matter with Brett Favre in town. Stuckey had 44 yards on three grabs Thursday.

princefielder28
08-08-2008, 06:54 PM
You guys see David Clowney last night.... If you dont remember the Packers drafted him. Just preseason but he did pretty good.

David Clowney caught touchdowns of 70 and 71 yards, and finished with four grabs for 163 yards, in the Jets' exhibition opener Thursday night.

That's how you make an impression. A project coming out of Virginia Tech in 2007, Clowney has bounced around but gets vertical in a hurry. He's caught coach Eric Mangini's eye in practice and could begin pushing Chansi Stuckey and Brad Smith to be the Jets' third receiver, a position that will matter with Brett Favre in town. Stuckey had 44 yards on three grabs Thursday.

Stuckey will end up being the #3 receiver for Favre's Jets. He's more polished of a receiver, not extraordinarily but more than Clowney, and Clowney has a good shot of pushing Smith down to the #5 WR.

GB12
08-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I liked Clowney as a project quite a bit. I wish he would have cleared waivers so he could have been on our practice squad. Doesn't really matter though I guess as he wouldn't have made our roster this year anyway.

ChezPower4
08-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Saw him in the Eagles game last night and he did look good. He still has some work to do though. He should make the team this year for the Eagles and they have to be excited about his big play ability.

Understand why he could not make our team thought with all of the good WRs that we have on our roster. Watching some of the others teams over the past few days I've really come to realize how deep our WR group is.

PackerLegend
08-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Saw him in the Eagles game last night and he did look good. He still has some work to do though. He should make the team this year for the Eagles and they have to be excited about his big play ability.

Understand why he could not make our team thought with all of the good WRs that we have on our roster. Watching some of the others teams over the past few days I've really come to realize how deep our WR group is.

Are you still talking about David Clowney? Because he plays for the Jets

ChezPower4
08-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Are you still talking about David Clowney? Because he plays for the Jets

i know, i watched the preseason game on nfl network. He hasn't been on our team for awhile.

PackerLegend
08-09-2008, 12:59 PM
i know, i watched the preseason game on nfl network. He hasn't been on our team for awhile.

I only said that because you said Eagles and not Jets.

ChezPower4
08-09-2008, 01:22 PM
I only said that because you said Eagles and not Jets.

My bad I ment to say Jets and Browns game, good catch Legend

princefielder28
08-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Breaking News

Center Scott Wells was stopped for speeding by a State Patrol Office this evening. He was heading west on Lineville Road. He was the second person the last half hour to get stopped. Sucks for them as I sit here and laugh as I watch it happen.

PackerLegend
08-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Breaking News

Center Scott Wells was stopped for speeding by a State Patrol Office this evening. He was heading west on Lineville Road. He was the second person the last half hour to get stopped. Sucks for them as I sit here and laugh as I watch it happen.

Huh? Thats much of breaking news.. And the last 2 sentences are really confusing.

princefielder28
08-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Huh? Thats much of breaking news.. And the last 2 sentences are really confusing.

I was sitting at home and heard cop sirens, looked outside, and saw that Wells was stopped. He lives about a block away...I was trying to be somewhat funny.

princefielder28
08-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Grant with a hamstring injury : http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3527465

PackerLegend
08-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I was sitting at home and heard cop sirens, looked outside, and saw that Wells was stopped. He lives about a block away...I was trying to be somewhat funny.

LOL that does suck... you should have butted in when the cop was giving the ticket and said umm Mr.Wells can I have your autograph. :D What kind of vehicle does he drive?

princefielder28
08-09-2008, 09:36 PM
LOL that does suck... you should have butted in when the cop was giving the ticket and said umm Mr.Wells can I have your autograph. :D What kind of vehicle does he drive?

Some big black chevy truck with a Tennessee 'T' on the front

jackalope
08-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Grant with a hamstring injury : http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3527465

Yeah, I was disappointed that I didn't get to see him the last two days at practice. Hopefully he's able to get up to speed soon.

Twiddler
08-09-2008, 11:25 PM

Oh alright, didn't know that he lived near you. Makes a lot more sense now, pretty funny.

LonghornsLegend
08-10-2008, 03:25 AM
Do you guys know if I can expect to see Finley in the game Monday nite? Wasn't sure if he was back to full speed since getting knicked up at OTA's.

Twiddler
08-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Sorry Longhorn, I can't answer your question. But...

I just thought I would see what you guys thought about my first background that I've ever created. Keep in mind its not with Photoshop and is with a Photoshop-knock off (its free!) Gimp. Oh, and its kind of sarcastic, because I'm trying to piss off my brother who is a Favre worshiper.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/8712/finishedov2.jpg

jackalope
08-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Do you guys know if I can expect to see Finley in the game Monday nite? Wasn't sure if he was back to full speed since getting knicked up at OTA's.

He has been practicing so I would think so.

umphrey
08-10-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm officially jumping on the Aaron Rodgers bandwagon. When he goes 13-15 with 2 TDs tomorrow you are welcome to join me

Goatboy1717
08-10-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm already on it. I think he will do just fine.

TitleTown088
08-10-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm officially jumping on the Aaron Rodgers bandwagon. When he goes 13-15 with 2 TDs tomorrow you are welcome to join me

I'd like to see that, but I wouldn't count on it. Many of the starters are going to be out.

mqtirishfan
08-10-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm on the bandwagon (for no other reason than to not be forced to jump on it [when? I am on the bandwagon] if he performs well).

roidrunner
08-10-2008, 04:43 PM
im not on the bandwagon, i still want to see what he has, i still think Brohm will be better in the long run.

umphrey
08-10-2008, 07:06 PM
I'd like to see that, but I wouldn't count on it. Many of the starters are going to be out.

I know it's a bold prediction, but I think Rodgers is going to really impress. He has a lot going for him this preseason game especially. That being said, it's a preseason game and anything could happen. It won't matter what happens really.

JF4
08-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Sorry Longhorn, I can't answer your question. But...

I just thought I would see what you guys thought about my first background that I've ever created. Keep in mind its not with Photoshop and is with a Photoshop-knock off (its free!) Gimp. Oh, and its kind of sarcastic, because I'm trying to piss off my brother who is a Favre worshiper.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/8712/finishedov2.jpg

Good job. I'll probably end up using it as my laptop background seeing as how it's new and i'm still rocking the default background.

Twiddler
08-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Good job. I'll probably end up using it as my laptop background seeing as how it's new and i'm still rocking the default background.

Haha, thanks. I'm gonna keep working on a few more the next few weeks while I'm still out of work with my shoulder and see if I can get better. I did just finish a Tramon Williams signature earlier today and I think it looks alright (although the lettering still bothers me). Hopefully when I'm at school I can get a friend to get me Photoshop so I can get a real program to work with.

princefielder28
08-10-2008, 08:34 PM
im not on the bandwagon, i still want to see what he has, i still think Brohm will be better in the long run.

Same here...Brohm's pocket presence impresses me and he seems to find the open receiver on a more consistent basis

roidrunner
08-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Brohm is one of the most advanced QB's to come out of college that i have seen in awhile. He also has been trained to be a QB since birth.

PalmerToCJ
08-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Anyone want to put up bets on who wins tomorrow night? haha.

Seriously though I'm looking forward to seeing what Rodgers and Brohm do. I'm - too a much lesser extent than you all, I can't even imagine - not looking forward to the thousands of Favre references during the game.

Twiddler
08-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I don't think anyone is looking forward to all the Favre discussion. But besides that I am really looking forward to seeing Rodgers and Brohm perform, along with everyone else. I'm also curious to see how some of the younger guys in our secondary perform. Definitely going to watch it intently.

Goatboy1717
08-11-2008, 02:33 AM
I'll probably have it on mute. All the Favre talk is probably going to be ridiculous. I'm also looking forward to seeing how our young guys play. I think Brandon Jackson is going to have a good game. I'm really going to be watching him.

PackerLegend
08-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Amazing Brett Favre has to run a penaltly lap and it has been all over the news since it happened. Pretty sad really, watch out tomorrow we will see.... Brett Favre sneezes.... Hey it happens and since he is one of the guys he has to.

Twiddler
08-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Amazing Brett Favre has to run a penaltly lap and it has been all over the news since it happened. Pretty sad really, watch out tomorrow we will see.... Brett Favre sneezes.... Hey it happens and since he is one of the guys he has to.

Yeah, I saw that as one of the tabs when I started to watch SportsCenter this morning, that was enough to get me to turn it off.

PalmerToCJ
08-11-2008, 11:32 AM
I like how they were talking about tonight's game and suddenly the talk swapped to what the Jets record would be, ugh.

I'm not really sure how long our starters are supposed to be in. I'd assume Carson gets one drive, TJ/Rudi aren't playing. I doubt Chad plays much.

On a side note... Jordan Palmer looks almost dead on Carson when he's in pads, it's almost creepy.

ChezPower4
08-11-2008, 02:52 PM

I'm not on the bandwagon, until he shows me that he can be productive and win games. Till then I'm just a little skeptical and time will tell

Goatboy1717
08-11-2008, 03:08 PM

I saw an article about that. I haven't watched ESPN since last Friday. This Favre talk is getting ridiculous. I dont see an end to it either.

Twiddler
08-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Again, I've been bored and these are some of the things I've made. Use them if you want. They are a little fuzzy, but until I get actual photoshop I guess I'll have to deal with that.

Donald Driver Background
http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/513/backgrounddriveren4.jpg

Greg Jennings Signature
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1849/siggregrs8.jpg

Tramon Williams Signature
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3803/sigtramonhx9.jpg

Aaron Rodgers Background
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5545/finishedbl4.jpg

roidrunner
08-11-2008, 09:00 PM
so far rodgers has looked good, and it seems like Brohm just needs to calm down and get into a rhythm.

Twiddler
08-11-2008, 09:20 PM
so far rodgers has looked good, and it seems like Brohm just needs to calm down and get into a rhythm.

He just needs time, Rodgers has had time to learn every facet of the offense while Brohm is simply a rookie. I know you love the guy, but he isn't ready to start this year, at least now.

roidrunner
08-11-2008, 10:38 PM
oh i know he is not ready, yet, i guess you could say i have a slight "man crush" on brohm. But the day he is ready it will be awesome

PackerLegend
08-11-2008, 10:45 PM
oh i know he is not ready, yet, i guess you could say i have a slight "man crush" on brohm. But the day he is ready it will be awesome

What if Rodgers is successful and turns into our franchise QB and Brohm then proves hes ready and gets traded much like Matt Schaub.... would you be crushed? Like in say 3 years

roidrunner
08-11-2008, 10:52 PM
id be heart broken. i think i would cry. the only way rodgers could make it up would be a super bowl ring.

PackerLegend
08-11-2008, 11:06 PM
According to rotoworld.com DeShawn Wynn is behind both Vernand Morency and Noah Herron on the depth chart and in danger of being cut.

Twiddler
08-11-2008, 11:10 PM
id be heart broken. i think i would cry. the only way rodgers could make it up would be a super bowl ring.

Sorry, but I'm crossing my fingers that your heart gets broken, indirectly of course. Its my ideal situation for the Packers.

And that's really not much of a surprise considering that someone out of Grant, Jackson, Morency, Herron, and Wynn has to be cut.

Also, I think its pretty humorous that one of the things that I was looking forward to about the Rodgers era was that the team as a whole would get move coverage as a group but I was wrong, they just covered Rodgers the entire time.

jackalope
08-11-2008, 11:21 PM
According to rotoworld.com DeShawn Wynn is behind both Vernand Morency and Noah Herron on the depth chart and in danger of being cut.

Wynn should be cut, and I won't be at all sorry to see him go. He drops way too many balls and I can't stand his running style. He takes very short steps and spends too much time dancing around. I do hope to see Herron make the roster. I've always kind of liked him and I love the fact that he beat down a burglar with his bedpost.

RockJock07
08-11-2008, 11:23 PM

Ever since Wynn went out in that Chicago game I think MM and TT are pretty much done with him.

umphrey
08-11-2008, 11:24 PM

I like to think I would have been almost dead on had Francies not caused an interception that bounced off his numbers

A. Rodgers 9/15 117 yards 1 TD 1 Int

Goatboy1717
08-12-2008, 02:11 AM
I like to think I would have been almost dead on had Francies not caused an interception that bounced off his numbers

A. Rodgers 9/15 117 yards 1 TD 1 Int

You were still close. There were a couple drops that if caught, you would have been close. I give you props for that.

Smokey
08-14-2008, 10:05 PM
You were still close. There were a couple drops that if caught, you would have been close. I give you props for that.

Rodgers does need to learn to take a bit off of his passes, to throw with more touch. Sometimes he was rifling the ball in when a softer pass would have been more effective.

That'll come. Love his competitive fire.

roughrider30
08-15-2008, 12:42 AM
I got back from training camp today. It was just shells so it was a little disappointing, but I did notice a couple things.

-Rodgers looked very good today. Most of his passes were very accurate and gave the receivers good opportunities to make the catch. However, if it were game situations he would have been leaving the recievers hanging over the middle a few times.

- Rouse was very solid out there for most of the drills I saw. I really want to see him starting soon.

- Jordy looked pretty good out there also. He came down with pretty much everything that came his way. He also seemed a lot quicker than I imagined, but im sure no pads had a lot to do with that.

-Woodson made a couple nice pics on Flynn and Brohm today.

- Jennings is a really stand up guy. He signed a million autographs for the kids and he was out there a lot longer than any other player. I also got to take a picture with my brothers and him, which was pretty sweet.

I got some nice pics from practice that I'll put up for you guys as soon as I get a chance.

roidrunner
08-15-2008, 12:48 AM
well it is always refreshing to hear some good stories about football players, that dont involve drunk driving, guns, or attempted murders.

Favre4ever
08-15-2008, 08:23 AM
I got back from training camp today. It was just shells so it was a little disappointing, but I did notice a couple things.

-Rodgers looked very good today. Most of his passes were very accurate and gave the receivers good opportunities to make the catch. However, if it were game situations he would have been leaving the recievers hanging over the middle a few times.

- Rouse was very solid out there for most of the drills I saw. I really want to see him starting soon.

Funny how Rodgers is acting like a young favre...critisized for lack of touch early in his career, he'll improve that with time.

Im so happy that Rouse is making noise in this camp. His instincts are something you cant teach. He has to be a starter at some point.

roidrunner
08-16-2008, 05:27 PM
another game tonight anyone excited about it??? does anyone know what channel it is on?

GB12
08-16-2008, 06:45 PM
I never did like Wynn. He was a nice surprise for a couple weeks when he got a chance, but there's nothing special about him. I couldn't see him getting any playing time if he did make the team.

roughrider30
08-16-2008, 06:51 PM

I was really surprised, however that Morency didn't get any carries last game.

TitleTown088
08-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Anyone heard anything about Hawks injury?

GB12
08-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Anyone heard anything about Hawks injury?
He's out tonight, but should be back next week.

TitleTown088
08-16-2008, 11:32 PM
He's out tonight, but should be back next week.

Not to doubt ya. but you got a link on that ****? I haven't been able to find it.

roidrunner
08-16-2008, 11:35 PM
how was the game tonight since i live in IL, i can not see it, i get to watch the bears game instead.

roidrunner
08-17-2008, 12:31 AM
well it looks like we got smoked by the 49ers tonight. kinda sad actually. lol looks like JT will be there starting QB. funny he is another QB that was stuck behind Favre too

roughrider30
08-18-2008, 04:16 PM
So the most depressing thing happened to me today. I got my training camp pictures developed today and found out the random guy who took the pic of my brothers and I with Jennings put his finger over the picture and blocked only me out. :( ******* idiot.

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v309/236/84/29416954/n29416954_34450034_3854.jpg

roughrider30
08-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Here are some of the pics I got from camp. Warning: some are kinda hard to see since I was at kind of a bad angle.

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v309/236/84/29416954/n29416954_34450036_4442.jpg

Jordy!

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v309/236/84/29416954/n29416954_34450039_5369.jpg

Grant

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v309/236/84/29416954/n29416954_34450040_5667.jpg

Red Zone Drills

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v309/236/84/29416954/n29416954_34450041_5978.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v309/236/84/29416954/n29416954_34450044_6924.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v309/236/84/29416954/n29416954_34450046_7565.jpg

Bigby

PackerLegend
08-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Hawk has a chest sprain and is week to week... He said he might not be ready for the opener. How exactly does one sprain their chest? Hopefully hes ready we need to rock the queens week 1.

Good news is Jennings is finally back practicing hopefully Grant sometime soon. Alot of little nagging injuries.

princefielder28
08-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Hawk has a chest sprain and is week to week... He said he might not be ready for the opener. How exactly does one sprain their chest? Hopefully hes ready we need to rock the queens week 1.

Good news is Jennings is finally back practicing hopefully Grant sometime soon. Alot of little nagging injuries.

Bruised sternum, hurts like a *****, can hurt to breathe

Mr.Regular
08-18-2008, 11:21 PM
As long as Hawk is back for the opener, Ill be fine... he looked like he was in line for a monster year...

PS what backers do you see making the final roster?
Barnett, Hawk, Poppinga, Chillar, Hodge all seem like locks... but I would think Bishop and White should make the cut as well. Seven seems like too many though, dont you think?

umphrey
08-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Bishop and Hodge, they are almost the same player to me. Both good against the run but so bad in coverage you almost can't play them. I like Hodge better, but I think Chillar is the #1 backup to all 3 LB spots right now anyway. I think Bishop gets cut and the better STer out of White and Havner keeps a job.

GB12
08-19-2008, 03:54 AM
White is guarenteed a spot. He's not much of a linebacker, but that's not what he's here for. We gave him the contract in the offseason to be a leader of our special teams. Barnett, Hawk, Poppinga, Chillar, White are all locks to make the roster. Hodge should be pretty safe himself too. I think those 5 we'll see for sure on the roster with Bishop a possibility still as a 6th.

PackerLegend
08-19-2008, 04:31 PM
The Packers signed DT Rodney Allen from the Odessa Roughnecks of the Intense Football League. No, that's not a video game. It's an actual indoor football league. Allen is 6-feet, 2-inches and 315 pounds. He went to Kansas University via Garden City Community College, and is from Coral Gables, Fla. Ravens RB Willis McGahee is Allen's cousin. The Packers, who worked Allen out last week, wasted no time getting him on the field. He fared very well in one-one drills, and is one of those anchor DTs that are tough to move. Physically, he has about the biggest thighs and calves you'll ever see. Allen is one stout guy. TE Evan Moore (knee) was placed on injured reserve.

umphrey
08-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Whatever we have to do to improve our depth there...

Goatboy1717
08-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Whatever we have to do to improve our depth there...

Exactly my thoughts.

TitleTown088
08-21-2008, 09:00 PM
http://deadspin.com/assets/images/deadspin/2008/08/favrechurchsign_story1.jpg

neko4
08-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Wow...too bad God did leave us for the Jets

neko4
08-21-2008, 09:02 PM
White is guarenteed a spot. He's not much of a linebacker, but that's not what he's here for. We gave him the contract in the offseason to be a leader of our special teams. Barnett, Hawk, Poppinga, Chillar, White are all locks to make the roster. Hodge should be pretty safe himself too. I think those 5 we'll see for sure on the roster with Bishop a possibility still as a 6th.

After how poor or ST unit was about 4 years or so ago, Im not suprised were keeping White

umphrey
08-22-2008, 02:34 PM
The National Football Post, a new pro football blog operated by Andrew Brandt, a former executive with the Green Bay Packers, reports today that Brett Favre's contract with the New York Jets was altered to benefit Favre.

Brandt, citing multiple sources, said Favre's new contract does not include provisions for appearances in behalf of the Jets, as well as other provisions considered standard in professional sports deals.

According to Brandt: "According to multiple sources, there is no backside to the existing contract between Favre and the Jets. Favre's agent, Bus Cook, and the Jets have renegotiated the contract to consist of the identical financial terms from the Packers' contract - 12M this year, 13M next and 14M in 2010 - and nothing more. The language concerning appearances for the club and recovery of bonus due to retirement is no longer part of the deal.

"Favre, if willing, is free to make appearances on behalf of the Jets to promote the team as it starts to play in a new stadium next season, but he has no contractual obligation to do so. Favre can also retire from the Jets at any time and have no obligation to forfeit any of the bonus monies he has received."

I'd be a little worried as a Jets fan

princefielder28
08-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Mark Murphy stopped in at the gas station where I worked and I was the person to help him out....very ordinary guy

TitleTown088
08-24-2008, 10:12 PM
James Jones sprained his knee in the Denver and is now week to week, Hopefully he can heal up for minny.

GB12
08-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Some bad injury news
Packers coach Mike McCarthy said today that both right guard Josh Sitton and wide receiver James Jones have sprained knees and are week to week;
It appears that Sitton's is the more serious of the sprains, as his status for the season opener on Sept. 8 is in doubt. They'll have to wait and see on both.

and some good injury news
Scott Wells (back) and A.J. Hawk (chest) are close to returning but won't play this week;

PackerLegend
08-24-2008, 11:12 PM
I was reading everywhere that Jones just banged his knee with another players like Wood did that game. Guess they were wrong but if he cant go week 1 which I hope he can we still have an awesome 4 WR set. We need Hawk and Wells more in week 1 then Jones but hopefully all play along with Grant, Bigby, Collins, Pickett, KGB and anyone else I missed with some sort of injury.

Favre4ever
08-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Hey guys i was wondering...do ya'll think Jason Hunter can be a player for us? Ive been watching him in this year's camp and he impressed me. He has a lot of speed and he has pretty good size also.

GB12
08-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Justin Harell has been placed on the PUP list which means he'll miss the first 6 games. Also DeShawn Wynn, Chris Francies, Ryan Powdrell, and Ryan Considine were cut.

PackerLegend
08-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Justin Harell has been placed on the PUP list which means he'll miss the first 6 games. Also DeShawn Wynn, Chris Francies, Ryan Powdrell, and Ryan Considine were cut.

Nothing to surprising there. To bad Harrell is going to worthless again this year for atleast half of it when we could really use the D-Line help.

Twiddler
08-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Nothing to surprising there. To bad Harrell is going to worthless again this year for atleast half of it when we could really use the D-Line help.

If he's not ready to go then he's not ready to go. It would be stupid for him to try and play if his back isn't ready. His injury doesn't help us, but there's nothing we can do about it.

EvilMonkey
08-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey guys i was wondering...do ya'll think Jason Hunter can be a player for us? Ive been watching him in this year's camp and he impressed me. He has a lot of speed and he has pretty good size also.

he's looked decent, but I don't know how much a role he'll have. He's great on special teams but should be the #4 DE behind Kampman, Jenkins, and Montgomery. If KGB can get back up to speed that puts him at the #5 DE and Jeremy Thompson hasn't shown a ton but he's super-athletic, who knows he even has a shot of being in front of him on the depth chart by years end.

That being said, with Jenkins and Montgomery shifting inside on downs due to injuries and such at DT, he could see a decent amount of time at the start of the year if KGB isn't fully up to speed. I don't expect a ton out of him, but he should get a decent opportunity at playing time early on during the year. Even if he can be a decent pass-rushing DE for us, that combined with his special teams skills makes him a really nice spot on the roster.

GB12
08-26-2008, 12:42 AM
We will be getting at least 8 Jets games on CBS this year including week 1. They also have an ESPN monday night game week three and an NFLN game in week 10. I'm sure NBC will pick up at least one Jets game as the flex so Madden can talk about Favre. That's 11 games right there. There are only two games we are guarenteed not to get with them playing at an NFC team the same time the Packers play.

TitleTown088
08-26-2008, 12:48 PM
rumar has it(from jsonline) Teddy is shopping for a DT... I wonder who. If I had to guess I'd say a nobody.

princefielder28
08-26-2008, 12:56 PM
rumar has it(from jsonline) Teddy is shopping for a DT... I wonder who. If I had to guess I'd say a nobody.

I am gonna throw a guess out there....Greg Peterson of the Bucs

Pacific
08-26-2008, 02:58 PM
As long as we're throwing out crazy guesses. How about Marcus Tubbs. He'd be another injury risk but he does have the TT-Seattle connection and Thompson definitely is a "my guys" GM. Who knows?....

Goatboy1717
08-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Hopefully we get another Ryan Grant type player but you wont see too many players do what he did.

Twiddler
08-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Hopefully we get another Ryan Grant type player but you wont see too many players do what he did.

We all hope for that but that is really unlikely at this point. We can't get that lucky every time we complete a trade, even though that would be pretty awesome...

johbur
08-27-2008, 09:03 PM
TT has the chips to trade. We're deep at WR, RB and LB. Maybe Bishop or Hodge to be traded to a team that's really deep at DT or has an LB need. Seattle to back up Tatupu if he's out? Maybe a trade with the AZ Cardinals with either a WR or a safety for one of their run clogging DTs and a future draft pick?

Or we could wait to see who gets cut from a team like that. Kenderick Allen again? Not.

On a side note: THE ACME PACKERS (http://www.nfl.com/history/dateinnflhistory) started this date in 1921.

TitleTown088
08-28-2008, 09:12 PM
SO Jansen is hurt... NO longsnapper on the roster now.

GB12
08-28-2008, 09:14 PM
SO Jansen is hurt... NO longsnapper on the roster now.
Johnny Jolly is our backup longsnapper...

If he's really hurt we'll probably just bring back Gafford.

Boston
08-28-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't like that new rule at all.

TitleTown088
08-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Johnny Jolly is our backup longsnapper...

If he's really hurt we'll probably just bring back Gafford.

Johnny Jolly is a DT, thus there is no true longsnapper on the roster.

Yeah, he'll prob be back should he be hurt.

TitleTown088
08-28-2008, 09:25 PM
I don't like that new rule at all.

I don't dislike the ruler per say, but I do have a sneaking suspicion that it will come back to **** the Packers in a big way.

PackerLegend
08-28-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't dislike the ruler per say, but I do have a sneaking suspicion that it will come back to **** the Packers in a big way.

Already has man... cost us the glory of watching a week 4 preseason OT.. ok who cares but if we could have went into OT and won im sure that would generate a small spark heading towards Minny.

Grant, Jackson are givings whose the 3rd... do we keep 4?
Bigby, Rouse, Collins and who?
Please cut Jarret Bush he sucks and no one cares that he is converting to safety

GB12
08-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Already has man... cost us the glory of watching a week 4 preseason OT.. ok who cares but if we could have went into OT and won im sure that would generate a small spark heading towards Minny.

Grant, Jackson are givings whose the 3rd... do we keep 4?
Bigby, Rouse, Collins and who?
Please cut Jarret Bush he sucks and no one cares that he is converting to safety
Everything I've read has said we're probably keeping 4 runningbacks. My guess would be Herron and Morency. Peprah would be the 4th safety.

TitleTown088
08-29-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm thinking lumpkin will make it over Herron. Or at leased I hope so.

princefielder28
08-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm thinking lumpkin will make it over Herron. Or at leased I hope so.

I think so too; as a 3rd back he's not a bad option

EvilMonkey
08-29-2008, 03:10 PM
also agree with lumpkin over Herron as the #4 back. Morency has shown to be a nice 3rd-down back and the only reason I could see to keep Herron over Lumpkin is as a 3rd-down guy, but Morency has shown a nice ability to pick up blitzes and is ok as a reciever out of the backfield. Since we have morency for that role, Herron isnt really needed for that and since he has less upside than Lumpkin, i really dont see that much point to keep him.

umphrey
08-29-2008, 04:57 PM
I loled when Jon Ryan ran that busted punt into the open field and when Morency was trying to block for him Ryan blew right past him with his speed and then made better open field moves than I've ever seen out of Morency.

I hope Morency gets cut, I've never liked him. I'd rather keep Lumpkin, or Lumpkin and Herron over him

TitleTown088
08-29-2008, 09:18 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080829/PKR01/80829118/1058&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

This author seems worried about injuries to KGB, A.J. Hawk, Scott Wells, and james Jones. He seems to emphasize hawk in particular.

Man I hope these guys can heal up quickly.

PACKmanN
08-30-2008, 02:01 AM
The one team that we should keep a good look at are the Bucs. They are stacked with some nice talent on that d-line. The one player who may get cut and had rumors that TT was interested in was Jimmy Wilkerson.

Geo
08-30-2008, 02:44 AM
I hope Morency gets cut, I've never liked him. I'd rather keep Lumpkin, or Lumpkin and Herron over him
I can't imagine Morency getting released this weekend. Other than Ryan Grant, he's the only back who can be counted on for pass protection of young quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Brandon Jackson is downright terrible in pass pro thus far, he needs to improve in that area mightily.

TitleTown088
08-30-2008, 11:39 AM
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article790342.ece

Simms says he expects to be feildng calls from GB and Dallas.

I'm up in the air with this should it happen. I would like a vet, but I don't want to lose Brohm or Flynn.

princefielder28
08-30-2008, 12:17 PM

I'm up in the air with this should it happen. I would like a vet, but I don't want to lose Brohm or Flynn.

I think Dallas would be more appealing for him than Green Bay and he'd go that route first. Brad Johnson is the current backup and Simms would immediately be the #2. He'd be going to a better team and he'd also be playing in the state of Texas, where he went to school. I would be suprised if the Packers went the route of a veteran QB now seeing that they've had the chance all offseason and have not gone there yet.

GB12
08-30-2008, 12:23 PM

I really doubt we'd sign him. Flynn is our #2 at the moment and Brohm was a second round pick. There's no room for another QB. I think having a vet QB on the roster is overated by fans. Also I've never liked Simms.

TitleTown088
08-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Meh, not too overrated when you consider the way Brohm and Flynn looked against #2 and three defenses. With that said, I really don't think there is a back up out there that could take the reigns and lead the team deep anyways, so there is little reason to sacrifice developing Flynn or Brohm at the expense of a vet.

Smokey
08-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Redskins have released DT Ryan Boschetti. I live near DC so I've seen a good bit of this big kid. He's an effort type but a bit undersized for a DT. He plays with an excellent motor.

I'd love to see the Pack pick this kid up. ESPN player link below:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=6019

Also this guy from the Saints, who the ESPN blogger was surprised was cut. Orien Harris, DT out of Miami.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9719

When are these sites going to release the Packers cuts?

GB12
08-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Redskins have released DT Ryan Boschetti. I live near DC so I've seen a good bit of this big kid. He's an effort type but a bit undersized for a DT. He plays with an excellent motor.

I'd love to see the Pack pick this kid up. ESPN player link below:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=6019

Also this guy from the Saints, who the ESPN blogger was surprised was cut. Orien Harris, DT out of Miami.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9719
I'd rather just keep Bolston and/or Malone.

When are these sites going to release the Packers cuts
As soon as we release them which will probably be 5 minutes before the deadline.

Goatboy1717
08-30-2008, 04:38 PM
JJ Jansen headed to IR.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/30/jansen-headed-to-injured-reserve.aspx

neko4
08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
who is that?

Anyway, sweet Conrad Bolston! Im a UMD fan so im happy to see him on the team. How has he looked

Geo
08-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Wow, consider me shocked that the Packers cut Morency. Good luck to Aaron Rodgers when he has Brandon Jackson pass protect for him.

Goatboy1717
08-30-2008, 06:36 PM
who is that?

The only long snapper on our roster.

3 DT's on the team now. We really need to bring in another one. That just isnt right.

Glad Lumpkin made it but also surprised Morency got cut. Who would be our 3rd down back now?

jackalope
08-30-2008, 06:44 PM
I was actually more surprised to hear Herron was cut than Morency, I thought we would keep 4 though. JJ Jansen on IR is not good. Muir was a somewhat surprising cut. I thought with our DT injuries we would keep him.

GB12
08-30-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm shocked by Muir getting cut. I think this obviously means that Thompson has something in the works for a trade. I can't imagine going into the season with only 3 DTs. We kept at least 5 on the roster all of last year and sometimes 6.

Smokey
08-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Full cuts according to NFL.com:

The Green Bay Packers released 19 players Saturday including running backs Vernand Morency and Noah Herron.

The Packers also placed three on injured reserve.

Also released Saturday were wide receiver Jake Allen, cornerback Scorpio Babers, defensive tackle Conrad Bolston, center Brennen Carvalho, safety Tyrone Culver, linebacker Spencer Havner, tight end Joey Haynos, guard Ryan Keenan, linebacker Danny Lansanah, defensive tackle Alfred Malone, defensive tackle Daniel Muir, cornerback Joe Porter, wide receiver Johnny Quinn, wide receiver Taj Smith, wide receiver Brett Swain, tackle Orrin Thompson and fullback Corey White.

Defensive tackle Rodney Allen, center Junius Coston and long snapper J.J. Jansen were placed on injured reserve.

Bolston, Muir & Malone released! TT is up to something. And both Morency and Herron released? They've got faith in Lumpkin. And somehow Jarret Bush aginavoids the axe. Must like his versatility and special teams play.

princefielder28
08-30-2008, 09:35 PM
If Charlie Perprah was kept then why was Jarrett Bush kept as well? Makes no sense, hold onto Muir.

Smokey
08-30-2008, 10:56 PM
If Charlie Perprah was kept then why was Jarrett Bush kept as well? Makes no sense, hold onto Muir.

I hear you. There's a few more cuts to come. Once a long snapper is signed, then maybe another DT Peprah or Bush (probably Peprah) is gone as well.

GB12
08-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Practice Squad:

WR Jake Allen
C Brennen Carvalho
TE Joey Haynos
LB Danny Lansanah
DT Alfred Malone
CB Joe Porter
WR Brett Swain
RB DeShawn Wynn.

Geo
08-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Wynn is eligible? Interesting, given that he was on the roster last season. Maybe for not enough games to count against him in this regard, the exact details of practice squad eligibility are mind-numbing.

GB12
08-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Wynn is eligible? Interesting, given that he was on the roster last season. Maybe for not enough games to count against him in this regard, the exact details of practice squad eligibility are mind-numbing.
He was with us for 8 weeks last year until he got hurt and put on IR. Had he been on our active roster for one more week (9) he would not have been eligible.

And Daniel Muir was claimed by the Colts by the way.

Yatta!
08-31-2008, 03:31 PM
Favre's playing for the Jets?!?

I've been working in France for two months and have had basically no internet access. So could someone fill me in on everything Packers and Favre related...

GB12
08-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Favre's playing for the Jets?!?

I've been working in France for two months and have had basically no internet access. So could someone fill me in on everything Packers and Favre related...

No!

Sorry but really, no. There are hundreds of stories you can go read on ESPN.com or somewhere. We don't need to relive that in this thread again.

Yatta!
08-31-2008, 03:44 PM
No!

Sorry but really, no. There are hundreds of stories you can go read on ESPN.com or somewhere. We don't need to relive that in this thread again.

Haha, don't worry. I'm reading all about it as we speak. Other than that is there anything I need to be aware of? Injuries? Anyone impress during camp/preseason?

GB12
08-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Haha, don't worry. I'm reading all about it as we speak. Other than that is there anything I need to be aware of? Injuries? Anyone impress during camp/preseason?

Justin Harrell was placed on the PUP list so he won't be able to play for at least 6 weeks
Junius Coston was placed on IR
JJ Jansen was placed on IR, we currently do not have a long snapper
Hawk and Pickett are hurt, but should be back for the first game
KGB is also hurt, but his status is more unknown, probably won't play
James Jones will miss the first couple weeks of the regular season
Matt Flynn outplayed Brohm all preseason long and should be the #2 QB going into the season
Kregg Lumpkin got the 3rd RB spot over Morency and Herron
All of our LBs were impressive during preseason. Bishop played so well that he got a roster spot even though it means having 7 LBs
Rodgers had a very impressive game in week 3
Our second team defense gave Tennessee's first team offense a hard time in week 4.There's probably more that I'm not thinking of right now, but there are some key points.

Geo
08-31-2008, 04:22 PM
He was with us for 8 weeks last year until he got hurt and put on IR. Had he been on our active roster for one more week (9) he would not have been eligible.

And Daniel Muir was claimed by the Colts by the way.
Very good to know. Delivering the goods today, GB!

Could a Packers fan provide a quick blurb of a scouting report on Muir? Good fit for a one-gap defense, can help play the run, etcetera? Thanks.

sirvasa70
08-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Very good to know. Delivering the goods today, GB!

Could a Packers fan provide a quick blurb of a scouting report on Muir? Good fit for a one-gap defense, can help play the run, etcetera? Thanks.

He's more of a pass rushing DT but he can also stop the run. I think he'd be a good fit for the Colts cover 2 defense. He was very experienced coming out of college and even has some experience playing DE. Overall though he's nothing more than a role player but will have solid production if given the chance.

Geo
08-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Awesome, thanks. For whatever reason, I have a really good gut feeling about him, and think he will stick (as a depth/rotational tackle). I can't wait to see him play.

sirvasa70
08-31-2008, 06:32 PM
Awesome, thanks. For whatever reason, I have a really good gut feeling about him, and think he will stick (as a depth/rotational tackle). I can't wait to see him play.

No problem. I liked Muir the best out of our UDFA's that we picked up last year and this year. He should be solid if used in a rotation. He's kind of like Quinn Pitcock, only a little less talented and he has an actual comittment to football. ;)

sirvasa70
08-31-2008, 06:49 PM
Justin Harrell was placed on the PUP list so he won't be able to play for at least 6 weeks
Junius Coston was placed on IR
JJ Jansen was placed on IR, we currently do not have a long snapper
Hawk and Pickett are hurt, but should be back for the first game
KGB is also hurt, but his status is more unknown, probably won't play
James Jones will miss the first couple weeks of the regular season
Matt Flynn outplayed Brohm all preseason long and should be the #2 QB going into the season
Kregg Lumpkin got the 3rd RB spot over Morency and Herron
All of our LBs were impressive during preseason. Bishop played so well that he got a roster spot even though it means having 7 LBs
Rodgers had a very impressive game in week 3
Our second team defense gave Tennessee's first team offense a hard time in week 4.There's probably more that I'm not thinking of right now, but there are some key points.

Coston is reportedly going to be released with an injury settlement. The Packers were reportedly trying to trade him.

I guess Moll and Jolly have some experience long snapping. My guess is that they'd get a chance to show something before we start looking around. Also how hard can it be to long snap? You'd think Wells or Spitz would be able to do it or at least you'd think that the Packers would give them reps doing it in order to teach them.

I hate our backup QB situation going into the season. Flynn may have "won" the battle but he didn't do it with authority and his only success came against other teams scrubs. I'd rather bring back Craig Nall for a season until Brohm/Flynn can learn the offense better.

Kind of suprised that both Morency/Herron got cut. I thought that Herron was on the outs but Morency was at least a good 3rd down option. I think that Jackson will get alot more snaps this year.

7 LBs is alot of players to carry at one position. I think that we may be looking to trade someone, i.e. Abdul Hodge, to add depth at DT or QB. White is a very good special teamer while Bishop doesn't have the value that Hodge has.

But now to add to what you had to say:

Josh Sitton is out for maybe a month. Wells might also miss a few weeks. That leaves with with Spitz at center with most likely Colledge at LG and Moll at RG. Barbre might have a shot at playing LG but Colledge has the experience which I think helps his cause due to the mix-up on the interior of the line.

Only 3 DTs on the roster. Looks like Jenkins, Montgomery, and Hunter will be moving around alot until Harrell comes back (if he does)

Driver has been dropping alot of balls. His career might be winding down which makes the drafting of Jones and Nelson that much more important.

Smokey
08-31-2008, 07:05 PM
This from the cuts blog at NFL.com:

Green Bay is expected to sign former Redskins punter Derrick Frost

WTF? Why? Are we going back to Sherman's days of carrying 2 punters? Somebody must have their facts mixed up.

sirvasa70
08-31-2008, 07:30 PM

WTF? Why? Are we going back to Sherman's days of carrying 2 punters? Somebody must have their facts mixed up.

Hmm that'd be interesting but I don't see it happening. We brought in a little competition early on during the OTA's but at this point it makes little to no sense unless Ryan is hurt.

Granted Ryan looked shaky in the 1st two preseason games but since then he's been outstanding. I wonder if they meant Tampa Bay, let alone just got this report wrong?

jackalope
08-31-2008, 08:32 PM

That doesn't make any sense, I would be shocked if that happened.

We'll probably bring back Gafford, but using Moll and Jolly wouldn't be terrible. I'm pretty sure James Jones can long snap as well.

EDIT: According to packers.com, we didn't put a waiver claim on Gafford and will look to sign someone else.

GB12
09-01-2008, 03:09 AM
Brett Goode was signed to be our long snapper. No word on who was cut yet.

sirvasa70
09-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Brett Goode was signed to be our long snapper. No word on who was cut yet.

Hopefully Bush. But for whatever reason the coaches/staff just don't want to give up on him, just like Collins.

I hope White stays because he's one of our top special teamers but I'd also hate to have to cut Bishop, Hodge, or Giacomini. John Kuhn or Charlie Peprah are the other players I could see getting cut.

sirvasa70
09-01-2008, 12:56 PM

Packers signed P Derrick Frost, formerly of the Redskins. It's unclear what this means for Jon Ryan's future, but the guess here is he'll be cut. Frost, 27, averaged only 36.4 net yards per punt to Ryan's 37.6 last year, so it isn't an obvious upgrade. Ryan's overall average was also better.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/09/aromashodu_signs_frost_goes_to.html?nav=rss_blog

Hmm something must be up with Ryan. I didn't think he did anything worthy of being cut. I wonder if he got injured on that botched snap and run?

jackalope
09-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Hmm something must be up with Ryan. I didn't think he did anything worthy of being cut. I wonder if he got injured on that botched snap and run?

There must be an injury to Ryan, otherwise the move makes no sense. Ryan has been hitting the ball well the last few games and I've never felt we had any need for an upgrade.

Smokey
09-01-2008, 01:45 PM
There must be an injury to Ryan, otherwise the move makes no sense. Ryan has been hitting the ball well the last few games and I've never felt we had any need for an upgrade.

Really strange. There must be something we're not seeing. Derrick Frost?

Ryan is also our #1 holder. So, this close to the season, we're going to force Crosby to get used to a new holder? What the hell is this all about?

* A new holder AND a new snapper. I'm flabbergasted.

Smokey
09-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Hopefully Bush. But for whatever reason the coaches/staff just don't want to give up on him, just like Collins.

I hope White stays because he's one of our top special teamers but I'd also hate to have to cut Bishop, Hodge, or Giacomini. John Kuhn or Charlie Peprah are the other players I could see getting cut.

I'm thinking it will be Peprah. The late preseason work Bush saw at safety will plug him in as the #5 corner (or#4 - don't know where Lee ranks) and the #4 safety. His versatility and special teams play trumps Peprah I would think.

sirvasa70
09-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Green Bay - The Packers have signed punter Derrick Frost and long snapper Brett Goode. They have released punter Jon Ryan and Abdul Hodge.

Ted Thompson, who wasn't scheduled to speak today, will address reporters after practice before coach Mike McCarthy speaks.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/09/01/frost-goode-in-ryan-hodge-out.aspx

WOW..... This makes zero sense!

Yatta!
09-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Don't really understand the Frost move, Ryan wasn't the best but I don't think its an upgrade. One of the LBs was always likely to be cut to make space for a long snapper.

jackalope
09-01-2008, 03:06 PM
WOW..... This makes zero sense!

I don't get it at all, there was nothing wrong with Ryan. Even if it is our punter, I hate this move.

Hodge being released is also a bit of a surprise.

sirvasa70
09-01-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't get it at all, there was nothing wrong with Ryan. Even if it is our punter, I hate this move.

Hodge being released is also a bit of a surprise.

Maybe the Packers knew something about possible suspensions coming?

I would think that we'd be able to trade Hodge for at least a late round pick.

But like Smokey said, Ryan is our #1 holder. So now we have a new long snapper who has a week to get ready for MNF and a new holder in Frost. I hope Crosby can adjust quickly.

jackalope
09-01-2008, 03:15 PM
This is the first time I can remember actually being angry at TT.

Geo
09-01-2008, 03:19 PM
I doubt anyone would give up a pick for Abdul Hodge. Linebackers aren't really worth it, nevermind a one-dimensional guy like him, you can just pick up a guy off waivers for depth.

sirvasa70
09-01-2008, 03:21 PM
I guess we'll find out in 30 minutes what the deal is...

jackalope
09-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I doubt anyone would give up a pick for Abdul Hodge. Linebackers aren't really worth it, nevermind a one-dimensional guy like him, you can just pick up a guy off waivers for depth.

Yeah, he should be able to find work pretty easily but I doubt we could have traded him.

sirvasa70
09-01-2008, 03:25 PM

Maybe, but he was a tackling machine in college and has shown sideline to sideline ability when healthy. I think the Lions would be very interested in him.

I guess I'm not really concerned with releasing Hodge, he likely wasn't ever going to crack our group of Barnett, Hawk, and Poppinga anyways. Its just giving Ryan the boot a week before the season. Something has to be up that we just don't know about.

jackalope
09-01-2008, 04:34 PM
After watching the TT/MM press conference, it seems like there was no particular reason for cutting Ryan. According to TT Frost in an excellent holder, so hopefully there won't be much drop off there. The move is still very frustrating to me.

Flynn will be the #2.

EvilMonkey
09-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Maybe, but he was a tackling machine in college and has shown sideline to sideline ability when healthy. I think the Lions would be very interested in him.

I guess I'm not really concerned with releasing Hodge, he likely wasn't ever going to crack our group of Barnett, Hawk, and Poppinga anyways. Its just giving Ryan the boot a week before the season. Something has to be up that we just don't know about.

key phrase is "when healthy." The guys knees are terrible and some thought he wouldnt have been able to come back and play again and even though he has, he's always gonna be a huge injury risk so I can understand the Hodge release.

Ryan being released has me puzzled though....

sirvasa70
09-01-2008, 04:40 PM
After watching the TT/MM press conference, it seems like there was no particular reason for cutting Ryan. According to TT Frost in an excellent holder, so hopefully there won't be much drop off there. The move is still very frustrating to me.

Flynn will be the #2.

From what I got out of it was that they wanted consistancy which they got with Frost and that they didn't like the way Ryan's mechanics were progressing.

Apparently Frost was on his way to Seattle for a tryout so the Packers jumped quickly and signed him without a tryout before Frost could get out west.

I don't know, but he's only a punter.

sirvasa70
09-01-2008, 04:45 PM
key phrase is "when healthy." The guys knees are terrible and some thought he wouldnt have been able to come back and play again and even though he has, he's always gonna be a huge injury risk so I can understand the Hodge release.

Ryan being released has me puzzled though....

I understand releasing Hodge as well, but to me I'd think some team out there would be willing to part with a late round pick for him. He had no injury concerns coming out of college and has always played his best in big games. Injury risk that he is, I'd be willing to bet that he'll be in someone's lineup this year.

Goatboy1717
09-01-2008, 05:48 PM
That punter move is VERY puzzling to me. Ryan was doing fine.

GB12
09-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah, he would have never played with us. I too thought he had enough value to get some kind of pick out of him. I thought we should have been trying to trade him since last year too, but I guess no one was interested. I hate to lose Hodge for nothing, but it's not like he'd do anything for us if we held on ton him. He could develop into a decent player, but he will never be better than Barnett. Hawk and Poppinga are irrelevant as he'd only be able to play in the middle for our defense. Even as a backup he's kind of useless to us due to the Chillar signing.

Maybe, but he was a tackling machine in college and has shown sideline to sideline ability when healthy. I think the Lions would be very interested in him.He'd be a terrible fit for the Lions. He can't play in a cover 2. He'd be a great fit in a 3-4 though he's a little undersized. He'll sign fast and should get a shot to compete for a starting job somewhere. Miami or Arizona would be my guess.

sirvasa70
09-01-2008, 09:45 PM
He'd be a terrible fit for the Lions. He can't play in a cover 2. He'd be a great fit in a 3-4 though he's a little undersized. He'll sign fast and should get a shot to compete for a starting job somewhere. Miami or Arizona would be my guess.

I disagree. If you look at cover 2 LBs you'd see that they are small, quick players which Hodge is. My guess would be Detroit, Indy, or even Denver.

The only way he fits into the 3-4 IMO is if he becomes an OLB which he just simply isn't. He doesn't have the size to take on blockers and he's too short to play inside.

mqtirishfan
09-01-2008, 10:06 PM
I disagree. If you look at cover 2 LBs you'd see that they are small, quick players which Hodge is. My guess would be Detroit, Indy, or even Denver.

I don't see him as quick...

GB12
09-01-2008, 10:17 PM

The only way he fits into the 3-4 IMO is if he becomes an OLB which he just simply isn't. He doesn't have the size to take on blockers and he's too short to play inside.
That's a terrible assesment of Hodge. Quick is not a word that I'd use to describe him. Cover 2 linebackers have to be able to play the pass well particularly if you're in the middle. Hodge would get eaten alive. He's a run stopping inside backer that'd be a great fit in a 3-4. He's undersized for a prototypical 3-4 backer, but the way he plays that shouldn't matter. That's not to rule out all 4-3 teams, as obviously we drafted him and run a 4-3 and he played in a 4-3 at Iowa, but he'd have to find the right fit. Cover 2 teams are most definitely out of the question though.

EvilMonkey
09-01-2008, 10:20 PM
yeah, he really isnt that fast. Was always known more as a thumper with great instincts and had enough speed to go sideline to sideline but definately not enough to play in a cover 2, especially since on top his 4.7-4.8 speed, he is terrible in coverage, another need for a cover 2 LB. Hodge might be small, but he plays like a big ILB and doesnt fit in a cover 2 at all.

Smokey
09-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, he would have never played with us. I too thought he had enough value to get some kind of pick out of him. I thought we should have been trying to trade him since last year too, but I guess no one was interested. I hate to lose Hodge for nothing, but it's not like he'd do anything for us if we held on ton him. He could develop into a decent player, but he will never be better than Barnett. Hawk and Poppinga are irrelevant as he'd only be able to play in the middle for our defense. Even as a backup he's kind of useless to us due to the Chillar signing.

My guess is he's been tagged as injury prone which, if you look at him the last couple of years, he certainly was. He'll sign somewhere but I doubt we could have gotten value in trade - I'm sure TT tried.

I'd love to see Peprah dropped and a DT filling that slot. If it comes to it Bush can fill the 4th safety slot. Hell, if we're down to our 4th safety I don't see much difference between the two.

Perhaps the assessment is Harrell will be back sooner rather than later.

GB12
09-01-2008, 10:48 PM
My guess is he's been tagged as injury prone which, if you look at him the last couple of years, he certainly was. He'll sign somewhere but I doubt we could have gotten value in trade - I'm sure TT tried.

I'd love to see Peprah dropped and a DT filling that slot. If it comes to it Bush can fill the 4th safety slot. Hell, if we're down to our 4th safety I don't see much difference between the two.

Perhaps the assessment is Harrell will be back sooner rather than later.
Harrell was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list. He is not eligible to return until after week 6.

Smokey
09-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Harrell was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list. He is not eligible to return until after week 6.

Good point. And if it was foreseen as longer I suppose they would have put him on IR rather than the PUP. If he can return to practice before week 7, the final game before the bye week, then maybe the coaching staff feels they can patch things together with the DE swingmen until then.

Smokey
09-01-2008, 11:24 PM
That punter move is VERY puzzling to me. Ryan was doing fine.

Article from Packers.com:

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2008/09/01/1/

Apparently they like Frost more for two reasons: His ability to kick directionally and his consistency when the elements get tough.

Ryan could boom the ball but the team felt he lacked accuracy, I guess.

TitleTown088
09-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Frozen tundra.... Frost...Duh.

sirvasa70
09-02-2008, 06:08 AM
That's a terrible assesment of Hodge. Quick is not a word that I'd use to describe him. Cover 2 linebackers have to be able to play the pass well particularly if you're in the middle. Hodge would get eaten alive. He's a run stopping inside backer that'd be a great fit in a 3-4. He's undersized for a prototypical 3-4 backer, but the way he plays that shouldn't matter. That's not to rule out all 4-3 teams, as obviously we drafted him and run a 4-3 and he played in a 4-3 at Iowa, but he'd have to find the right fit. Cover 2 teams are most definitely out of the question though.

lol ok then, if you say so. He's quick to the run and a sideline to sideline defender. He'd also mainly play zone defense so its not like he'd be man to man 100% of the time.

fischbowl
09-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Any insight onto why Hodge was cut?

mqtirishfan
09-02-2008, 10:11 AM
lol ok then, if you say so. He's quick to the run and a sideline to sideline defender. He'd also mainly play zone defense so its not like he'd be man to man 100% of the time.

You're sort of talking out of your ass here. He's not a blob out there, but he's certainly not very quick. Plus, his coverage skills are terrible. You act as if zone defense is something that anyone can play.

TitleTown088
09-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Any insight onto why Hodge was cut?

He can't stay healthy enough to see the field or defend the pass well.

TitleTown088
09-02-2008, 03:16 PM
* RB Ryan Grant (hamstring) sat out practice because of soreness but did not have a setback.
* DT Ryan Pickett (hamstring) "definitely" will be ready to play on first and second down against Minnesota.
* LB A.J. Hawk (chest) is "way ahead of schedule," but doctors have not cleared him to return.
* The team will "have more information by the end of the week" on the status of WR James Jones (knee) and other injured players.
* The quality of practice was poor, in part because so many players weren't participating. Among other things, rookie TE Joey Haynos, who stands 6-foot-8, was filling in at linebacker with the scout team.

Some good news, some bad.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

I could see minny's DL throttling the interior line with the injuries.

PackerLegend
09-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Wells suffers setback
By Greg A. Bedard
Tuesday, Sep 2 2008, 02:27 PM
Green Bay - Just when it appeared the Packers were good to go on the offensive line for the opener against the Minnesota Vikings, center Scott Wells' back has flared up again. It is unknown how long he will be out, but it certainly doesn't look good for the Vikings game.

"We're gathering more information on Scott," coach Mike McCarthy said. "I think it was 16 days he's been going through the rehab and this is unfortunate. I know Scott is frustrated that he had a setback at yesterday's practice."

If Wells can't go, the Packers would go back to the line that started against the Titans, with Jason Spitz at center, Tony Moll at right guard, and Daryn Colledge at left guard.

Smokey
09-02-2008, 05:00 PM
* DT Ryan Pickett (hamstring) "definitely" will be ready to play on first and second down against Minnesota.

This is good news. He's definitely been missed.

johbur
09-03-2008, 07:58 PM
We're likely going to need our defense to hold the fort given Wells being out against the Williams Sisters.

None of the cuts surprised me all that much, though I didn't like cutting Ryan at the last moment, particularly after he improved the past two games. He's Crosby's holder, and with a new snapper and a new holder right before the season starts, I'm nervous about field goals.

TitleTown088
09-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Spitz can man center just fine with Wells out, it's the guards I'm worried about, as usual.

the dude
09-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I dont know if it has been posted before, but i thought this was pretty funny

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n281/Anders_skak/ept_sports_nfl_experts-828549306-12.jpg

TitleTown088
09-04-2008, 09:09 AM
I posted it earlier, good stuff.

Whistler6
09-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Cutting Ryan who was 10th in league in overall punting I believe last year and adding Mr. Frost who was 32nd was a mistake. As far as holding for fg's and net avg. I think it will hurt us early this year

umphrey
09-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Keep things in perspective. A new holder means almost nothing. With the Frost/Ryan switch, well I guess we wanted a more consistent punter. Probably wanted to rely on coverage teams more. We need a punter who can kick in cold weather. His averages will probably improve with a better team. I'm not saying you have to like the move, but a punter change isn't a big deal.

TitleTown088
09-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Hawk has been cleared to practice. Limited today.

Boston
09-04-2008, 02:49 PM
I posted it earlier, good stuff.

Was that from before he was traded?

Twiddler
09-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Was that from before he was traded?

No, I think it was within the week or two after the trade.

TitleTown088
09-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah it was after.

Yatta!
09-07-2008, 06:44 PM
It felt really weird today seeing Favre in a different shade of green. Just wondering if everyone is supporting him or if anyone secretly hopes that he fails so that it's proved that we made the right choice.

Personally I want to see him do well just so long as we do better, I assume that will be the general opinion but I'm still interested.

Boston
09-07-2008, 06:46 PM
I must have tried too hard on that one...

princefielder28
09-07-2008, 07:11 PM
It felt really weird today seeing Favre in a different shade of green. Just wondering if everyone is supporting him or if anyone secretly hopes that he fails so that it's proved that we made the right choice.

Personally I want to see him do well just so long as we do better, I assume that will be the general opinion but I'm still interested.

I want to see Favre have success regardless of how the Packers do; if Favre does better than Rodgers then no suprise; if Rodgers does better than Favre then it's gonna be one hell of a year for the Green & Gold

AtariBigby
09-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I was rooting for Favre today, but I'd rather we go 14-2 and them 2-14 than them go 10-6 and we go 6-10, if you know what I mean.

Dang Browns laid an egg today. No defense, and Braylon Edwards forgot how to catch the ball today now that I have him in fantasy football.

roidrunner
09-07-2008, 08:34 PM
i try to avoid the browns, they are usually bad luck in fantasy

Twiddler
09-07-2008, 09:28 PM
i try to avoid the browns, they are usually bad luck in fantasy

Me too, it also didn't hurt that I didn't have a good feeling about them going into this year. That schedule is freakin' nuts.

umphrey
09-08-2008, 11:00 AM
It was fun watching Favre. He did better than I expected. Looked pretty comfortable. He kind of pissed me off this offseason but now that the games are going I'm really rooting for him. He just might lead the Jets to the playoffs this year, but I'll wait til he plays a team besides the Dolphins to decide that one. Still, I think they showed up to play most of the game yesterday.

Goatboy1717
09-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I think the Jets have a good shot at making the playoffs with the Brady news. Which in turn would give us a better draft pick so I'm rooting for the Bretts to make it.

johbur
09-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Solid game by the Packers, too exciting at the end. Rodgers showed to be unphased by taking over for Favre. Faced a solid defense and hit over 80% of his throws. Deep ball looked good.

Saw the Favre toss up and Favre still has that magic with the toss-up. Aaron obviously more athletic and can get those first downs and goal line scores with his legs. A great weekend of football, excpet for the effing Bears winning.

Hey Lions, we're coming for you!!!

TitleTown088
09-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Woodson has a fractured toe, Jackson a concussion, and Jones is back looking good.

I'd be all for sitting Woodson this weekend if necessary to get him back for Dallas. Packers cannot afford to be missing him agianst Dallas again.

PackerLegend
09-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Damn why could Jarret Bush be the one with a fractured toe.... Come on Woody heal quickly we need you!

Yatta!
09-11-2008, 06:01 AM
Ed Johnson looks like he's gonna get released by the Colts. I think he would be a solid addition to our DT rotation, he's got character questions but he outperformed all expectations last year. Thoughts?

princefielder28
09-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Ed Johnson looks like he's gonna get released by the Colts. I think he would be a solid addition to our DT rotation, he's got character questions but he outperformed all expectations last year. Thoughts?

His character concerns are probably too much to take on

bearsfan_51
09-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Ryan Grant is questionable for Sunday, anyone have any insight? I have him on my FF team, and have Brandon Jackson as a handicap.

GB12
09-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Ryan Grant is questionable for Sunday, anyone have any insight? I have him on my FF team, and have Brandon Jackson as a handicap.
They're going to wait to see how he feels on Saturday. Even if he does play it'll probably be limited. Once we get a decent lead he'll likely get pulled. I would try not to start him if you can.

TitleTown088
09-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah, they said his hammy was in bad shape after the minny game, and it caused him to not run at full speed on that 56 yarder. I wouldn't expect too many carries.

Also, let me get this straight. You said before this season Ryan Grant wasn't what Packer fans thought he was last... yet you drafted him in FF???

bearsfan_51
09-11-2008, 07:17 PM
It's a PPR league, I'm guessing that Rodgers will be doing a lot of checking down, and a runningback with catches is worth a ton.

And it wasn't a draft, it's an auction, which means you don't necessarily take the player you like the most, you take the player you think you can get for the cheapest.

Twiddler
09-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Jackson is also having injury problems though. Its supposedly just a minor concussion, but still something you should be aware of.

TitleTown088
09-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Start Lumkin!

johbur
09-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Start Lumkin!

QFT

I love Grant, but having him tear the Lions a new one and then go out with a hammie is just not worth it. Lumpkin should be able to do at least half of what Turner did, toss in an extra 30-50 by Rodgers and we win this one. If Woodson out, could be dicey with the receivers they have, but we should be able to wn a shoot-out against that terrible defense.

jackalope
09-13-2008, 12:42 PM
After re-watching Monday night's game, I noticed two things that kinda screwed us.

It's been discussed, but the Driver TD that was called back was definitely a TD. Moll was only 3 yards down field when the pass was released.

KGB's off-side penalty looked more like a perfect jump to me. The flag gave Minnesota a 1st down instead of 4th down and eventually led to the Viking's first touchdown.

GB12
09-13-2008, 12:49 PM
After re-watching Monday night's game, I noticed two things that kinda screwed us.

It's been discussed, but the Driver TD that was called back was definitely a TD. Moll was only 3 yards down field when the pass was released.

KGB's off-side penalty looked more like a perfect jump to me. The flag gave Minnesota a 1st down instead of 4th down and eventually led to the Viking's first touchdown.
He agrees with you.

"I didn't think I was offside," Gbaja-Biamila said of his third-quarter sack and forced fumble against Minnesota that were erased by penalty. "I went home and even watched it on TV. What made it look bad is that no one was moving except me and the ball. I'm assuming the referee did the best he could.
"Maybe to him, it was a tough call. I think when they review it, I think the referee will see that he made a mistake. It was quick. I was quick off the ball."

TitleTown088
09-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Does Favre wear Packer pads under his Jets jersey? They're yellow.

GB12
09-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Does Favre wear Packer pads under his Jets jersey? They're yellow.
I noticed that last week, I think he does.

TitleTown088
09-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Aaron Rodgers 118 passer rating thus far. Gotta love it.

Goatboy1717
09-15-2008, 06:43 PM
From McCarthy's press conference today:

(Did Lumpkin earn himself more opportunities?)
Absolutely. I can't say enough about him. I feel like I say the same thing every time you ask about Kregg Lumpkin, but he has taken advantage of every opportunity he has been given here. He had a plus performance in the opportunities that he had. He's physical. He was involved in some special team snaps that he was physical. There are some technical things that he can learn from and he'll improve on. I definitely felt that he improved on an individual basis and he contributed, and I feel very comfortable going with all three running backs.

GB12
09-15-2008, 07:50 PM
From McCarthy's press conference today:

(Did Lumpkin earn himself more opportunities?)
Absolutely. I can't say enough about him. I feel like I say the same thing every time you ask about Kregg Lumpkin, but he has taken advantage of every opportunity he has been given here. He had a plus performance in the opportunities that he had. He's physical. He was involved in some special team snaps that he was physical. There are some technical things that he can learn from and he'll improve on. I definitely felt that he improved on an individual basis and he contributed, and I feel very comfortable going with all three running backs.
I don't understand why they only gave him the ball once. If he earned more opportunities you'd think they'd give him more carries that game.

neko4
09-16-2008, 02:15 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news?slug=ys-expertpoll-08week2-qb

Scott Pianowski, Packer hater?
Look at how he has our QB, RB, WR's and TE ranked in comparison to the other experts at Yahoo.

mqtirishfan
09-16-2008, 11:45 AM
He was the only one to rank Brandon Jackson, though. I think he just isn't comfortable with a WR when the ball is spread around so much.

umphrey
09-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Jolly's trial postponed a week because of hurricane

Glad it's after the Cowboys game, though repercussions wouldn't hit in time anyway I guess.

He was the only one to rank Brandon Jackson, though. I think he just isn't comfortable with a WR when the ball is spread around so much.

From what I've seen, Rodgers looks for Jennings first on almost every single play. I hardly notice Driver, doesn't go to the TE that much and Jones only seems to get catches when Rodgers is on the run.

PackerLegend
09-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Jolly's trial postponed a week because of hurricane

Glad it's after the Cowboys game, though repercussions wouldn't hit in time anyway I guess.

From what I've seen, Rodgers looks for Jennings first on almost every single play. I hardly notice Driver, doesn't go to the TE that much and Jones only seems to get catches when Rodgers is on the run.

And are you complaining??? He hasnt forced it to Jennings or really anyone and has been sucessful everytime. Driver has the same amount of catches as Jennings BTW... and the huge Driver play in the Minny game got whiped out by a stupid penaltly so you forget that. Donald Lee has the third most catches on the team and James Jones didnt play week 1 but still has the 4th most catches on the team behind the other 3 people you mentioned.

umphrey
09-16-2008, 04:49 PM
I was just stating that Jennings looks like the go to guy on our offense right now. If Driver has the same # of catches I may be ignoring him though.

PackerLegend
09-16-2008, 04:52 PM
I was just stating that Jennings looks like the go to guy on our offense right now. If Driver has the same # of catches I may be ignoring him though.

Probably noticed Jennings more because he has gotten all the big plays.... But really you have to expect that because Jennings is on the rise and Driver is sometime going to decline.... Thats alright though because Rodgers to Jennings is the future will be amazing!

Goatboy1717
09-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Jennings has been the go to guy according to the numbers but not by much.

Targets
Jennings: 15
Driver: 13
Jones: 8
Jackson: 7
Nelson: 3
Lee: 3
Lumpkin: 3
Kuhn: 1
Martin: 1

ChezPower4
09-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Jennings has been the go to guy according to the numbers but not by much.

Targets
Jennings: 15
Driver: 13
Jones: 8
Jackson: 7
Nelson: 3
Lee: 3
Lumpkin: 3
Kuhn: 1
Martin: 1

Love the way Rodgers is spreading the ball around. I think again this season we'll be near the top in passing offense.

scottyboy
09-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Dear Packers:

please kick the **** out of the ******* cocky ass Cowboys we all hate so much. Thanks and good night

neko4
09-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Dear Packers:

please kick the **** out of the ******* cocky ass Cowboys we all hate so much. Thanks and good night

Thanks Scottyboy, we will

Dallas has never won in Lambeau, and never will.

Twiddler
09-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Dear Packers:

We'll try, but we can't guarantee anything. And neko, try not to stick your foot in your mouth on this one, Dallas is a great team, so basically, never say never.

johbur
09-16-2008, 10:09 PM
I'd love to see the streak against the 'Boys continue. I am worried about the health of our offensive and defensive lines, and with having Bigby and possibly Peprah out. Toss in Woodson with a broken toe and I just get worried about facing Witten and TO short-handed. The O-line was solid against Allen and Minnesota, so I'm hoping they clamp down on the pass rush and Rodgers gets the time to throw like he did last year. Grant also not 100%, so we'll see how the run game goes. Last year, McCarthy wasn't afraid to throw it 50-60 times in the game if the run game blew and it worked.After seeing how Phillie passed on Dallas, could be a template on how to attack the Cowboys, though Phillie's offensive line a lot different than ours. I'd take our WRs over Phillies any day of the week, so maybe we can rack up some points.

I'm taking home-field advantage and saying 31-28, Packers.

jackalope
09-16-2008, 10:21 PM
What's the word on Wells? Will he be back Sunday?

PackerLegend
09-16-2008, 10:25 PM
What's the word on Wells? Will he be back Sunday?

Both him and Sitton are suppose to practice this week according to McCarthy but sense they've missed alot of time changes might not be made yet unless they really prove their more help at this point and that no injury setbacks will occur if they play.

PackerLegend
09-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Vote for Rodgers....
http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground

And Vote for Wood...
http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-defense

GB12
09-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Vote for Rodgers....

And Vote for Wood...
Most weeks both could have easily taken player of the week, but as good as they were someone else was just a bit better.

Warner threw for more yards with the same number of TDs and no INTs and had a perfect QB rating, I'd give it to him. Cutler and Rodgers is a toss up because while Cutler threw 1 more touchdown he also had an INT.

Tuck had 2 sacks, an INT, and a TD. He gets it over Woodson.

Sportsfan486
09-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Most weeks both could have easily taken player of the week, but as good as they were someone else was just a bit better.

Warner threw for more yards with the same number of TDs and no INTs and had a perfect QB rating, I'd give it to him. Cutler and Rodgers is a toss up because while Cutler threw 1 more touchdown he also had an INT.

I agree about Warner but 2 Ints in the fourth quarter, one returned for a TD, in a close game (at the time of the first one at least) >>> 2 sacks, INT, TD in a drumming of the worst team in the league.

johbur
09-18-2008, 01:56 AM
I agree about Warner but 2 Ints in the fourth quarter, one returned for a TD, in a close game (at the time of the first one at least) >>> 2 sacks, INT, TD in a drumming of the worst team in the league.

QFT

Woodson sealed a Division victory and his picks came with him having a broken toe and were clutch and the Coach acknowledged him as turning that game around from something that could have slipped away from them.

Warner was pretty amazing. He was the 2001 Warner. I watched the first half of that game and whatever coverage the Fins were in, Warner threw the right pass to the right guy. The funniest to me was when the Cards went three wides and the Fins didn't adjust to it and tried to cover Boldin with LB Ayodele, who was running as hard as he could downfield as soon as the ball snapped and had to watch as the safety wasn't there and Boldin just flew down the field.

TitleTown088
09-18-2008, 04:44 PM

Dosen't that link say Troy Palomalu won it?

PackerLegend
09-18-2008, 05:32 PM

Ya it does, he shouldn't have thats back to back Steelers winning it now. While I agree theres probably better options thats not the point... You vote for the Packers no matter what

GB12
09-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Now it does, the results weren't in when I posted that though...

Anyways, how the heck does he win it? He was the least easily the least deserving candidate.

PackerLegend
09-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Vote for Rodgers....

And Vote for Wood...

Update.... Rodgers has won Air Player Of The Week, DMAC won Ground player of the week

TitleTown088
09-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Now it does, the results weren't in when I posted that though...

Anyways, how the heck does he win it? He was the least easily the least deserving candidate.

No clue. Steelers have a pretty big fan base.

I'm surprised Rodgers beat Cutler.

johbur
09-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Good to see Packers fans out-vote Broncos fans!

I'm also interested to see what our O-line looks like, with Wells and Sitton coming back.

TitleTown088
09-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Coston waived with injury settlement.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=797019