PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

jackalope
12-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Brohm has been equal to Aaron Rodgers at the same point in their careers, meaning they both were 3rd string QBs. Remember all those people that talked about Rodgers being a bust because he hadn't displaced Favre? Give Brohm time to learn the offense and work on the things he needs to work on, just like Rodgers, and I am betting that two years down the road we'll trade him for a good player or a better pick than he was drafted at.

I wouldn't agree with Brohm being at the same point as Rodgers was. Yes, Rodgers was a 3rd string but having been behind Nall is more respectable than a fellow rookie drafted in the 7th round, especially considering Brohm was supposed to be "NFL ready". Now, I don't neccesarily think Brohm will be a bust. After training with McCarthy during the offseason he very well could come back a lot better. However, even if we are able to trade him for a slightly better pick, it doesn't make much sense to spend a 2nd round pick so that you can trade it for a little bit more 2-3 years later. I somewhat understand the logic behind drafting a backup plan, but a 2nd round pick is too high and I don't like the message it sends. I hate the idea of taking a player that, best case scenario, gets traded for slighlty more than their original value.

And yeah, Frost is bad but not as bad as Sander was.

TitleTown088
12-02-2008, 10:18 PM
BJ Sanders should be censored in GB thread. No one mention him again, ever.

GB12
12-02-2008, 10:34 PM
BJ Sanders should be censored in GB thread. No one mention him again, ever.
He's so bad that two people got his name wrong.

PackerLegend
12-02-2008, 11:21 PM
BJ was drafted in what the third round?? B for BLOW just like he did.

Thanks Sherman

ChezPower4
12-03-2008, 10:37 AM
With the Williams guys out in Minn, our playoff chances just got alot better if we can some how string together 4 wins here down the strech. I can't see the Vikings D being as effective without those two hogs in the middle of it.

TitleTown088
12-03-2008, 10:49 AM
He's so bad that two people got his name wrong.

Sander.

Yes, lets leave him out of here for good.

a 3rd ******* rounder of a punter. Ahh

umphrey
12-03-2008, 11:24 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/35448584.html

In all of Green Bay's losses, the Packers started farther back on offense and had a short field on defense. The Vikings started drives inside Green Bay territory twice in the Metrodome. Tampa Bay's average road to the end zone covered just 58 yards.

By comparison, Green Bay won the field position battle in 11 of its 13 victories last season and was off by a yard or two in the other two. In losses to Dallas and Chicago, the opposing offense had such dominant field position it needed on average just 64 and 56 yards, respectively, to score.

This article really sums up our disappointing season IMO. Didn't know a punter could screw a team so badly (we also have had really poor coverage). Yeah our run defense has been a big problem too, but I believe field position directly cost us some close games.

I'm almost positive we would have beat Carolina, Tennessee, Atlanta, and Minnesota if we had decent ST play those games (particularly when we are kicking, Blackmon did have some nice returns).

TitleTown088
12-03-2008, 06:28 PM
New punter...Kapinos formerly of Penn state.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/35502689.html

Asked what he expected out of his new punter, coach Mike McCarthy said, "I want him to punt the ball in the right direction."

Boston
12-03-2008, 07:06 PM

Wasn't that why we cut BJ Sanders?

PACKmanN
12-03-2008, 09:26 PM

lol, I laugh at all those so called fans who believe Ryan would have been better while he failing in Seattle.

Lets hope Kapinos becomes like what Gould has for the Bears.

TitleTown088
12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
lol, I laugh at all those so called fans who believe Ryan would have been better while he failing in Seattle.

Ryan has actually been doing very well in Seattle from what I've seen. I think top 10 in net if i'm not mistaken.

Kapinos is a Punter, Gould is a kicker. Maynard punts for Da bears.

GB12
12-03-2008, 09:37 PM

Um, Ryan is better, would have been better, and is not failing in Seattle. Jon Ryan is 9th in the NFL in average and 17th in net. I'm still upset that we cut him. We had the hardest time replacing Bidwell, then we finally got someone in Ryan and now we're back to crap.

PACKmanN
12-03-2008, 09:40 PM
I watch the Seattle games every time they play in the late afternoon, he still has the same problems he had here.

Hawk
12-03-2008, 09:53 PM

They had a punt-off, that's sounds competitive. I'm intrigued.

mqtirishfan
12-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Um, Ryan is better, would have been better, and is not failing in Seattle. Jon Ryan is 9th in the NFL in average and 17th in net. I'm still upset that we cut him. We had the hardest time replacing Bidwell, then we finally got someone in Ryan and now we're back to crap.

Has he learned to pin the opponents inside their own 20 and not kick it into the endzone?

GB12
12-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Has he learned to pin the opponents inside their own 20 and not kick it into the endzone?
Could Frost do that? No matter how you look at it Ryan would have been better.

TitleTown088
12-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Frost sucks balls and I'm not particularly fond of Ryan either. I'd like that cat out of Cincy this year.

PackerLegend
12-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Jon Ryan hands down... he was a straight beast and ran like a cheetah. His punting was ok way better then Frost.

That safety Frost gave up against the Lions... Jon would have caught it and ran 100 yards for the TD :D

GB12
12-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Pat Lee was put on IR. Spencer Havner will take his roster spot.

ChezPower4
12-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Pat Lee was put on IR. Spencer Havner will take his roster spot.

When did Pat Lee get hurt?

GB12
12-05-2008, 03:42 PM
When did Pat Lee get hurt?
He injured his knee in the New Orleans game.

EvilMonkey
12-05-2008, 04:36 PM
nice little article on Brohm
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/35582419.html

He seems to be handling the situation well in my opinion. Still excited to see what he can do in camp next year after a full offseason with McCarthy's QB schools and all that in the spring.

TitleTown088
12-05-2008, 04:47 PM

He seems to be handling the situation well in my opinion. Still excited to see what he can do in camp next year after a full offseason with McCarthy's QB schools and all that in the spring.

Too many Packer fans are ready to write him off as a bust already. Probably most the fans that call for TT's head.

ChezPower4
12-05-2008, 06:59 PM

I Think that he can be a pretty good player and I expected him to struggle somewhat this year because of the system that he played in while he was in college.

dc22
12-06-2008, 04:53 PM
woodson is expected to start at safety :P

umphrey
12-07-2008, 04:28 PM
I hate this part of the year because I always want us to win but it feels so hollow knowing that all that means is we get worse draft picks.

TitleTown088
12-07-2008, 04:46 PM
So if Sanders is let go... Who are some options to replace him?

princefielder28
12-07-2008, 04:49 PM

Sean McDermott is someone I would like to see brought in

PACKmanN
12-07-2008, 05:38 PM

My guess is we promote Moss.

TitleTown088
12-07-2008, 05:42 PM
My guess is we promote Moss.

I don't know if promotion is the answer. I think the scheme itself is getting a little outdated, may have to move to something new.

PACKmanN
12-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Green Bay is not moving to a 3-4 next season. No way.

Yes is really looks like Tauscher is gone for the season like packman said. I though he was gone this off season anyways, I'd say it's time to find some RT's in the draft now.
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Man ted could have some high picks to work with now. I'm also getting a feeling this season could be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully get some elite prospects and clean house on people like Sanders who need to go.

other then the stupid play Moll did today, he has been fine. I don't see RT being a need as others do. Maybe we can try Colledge there as well before Cilfton retires.

btw, this team is starting to remind me of our 05 team. I rememeber all those games we lost by 4 or less points.

GB12
12-07-2008, 09:55 PM
other then the stupid play Moll did today, he has been fine. I don't see RT being a need as others do. Maybe we can try Colledge there as well before Cilfton retires.
Moll has been pretty terrible other than his rookie year. He got destroyed in the New Orleans game and did not look good today.

College would not be a good fit at RT. His pass protection is what makes him a nice possibility to take over for Clifton, but he would not fare well on the right. If Tauscher is not with us next season it should either be Josh Sitton or someone we draft at RT.

TitleTown088
12-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Why move college from LG? He's playing excellent there. Moll has not looked decent, he was destroyed in the New Orleans game and today as well.

NickCollins36
12-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Moll looks like the hunchback of notre dame

GB12
12-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Why move college from LG? He's playing excellent there. Moll has not looked decent, he was destroyed in the New Orleans game and today as well.
He has really stepped up his play at LG from last year, but I still think he's a better fit for LT. Plus LT is a harder position to fill so if we have a guy already on the team that can play there it's worth a shot.

And I really want Duke Robinson ;)

TitleTown088
12-08-2008, 01:26 AM
I was referring to moving college to RT.
if we got Duke I'd be all for college at LT.

bigboiajhawk
12-08-2008, 05:17 AM
G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
Arod 13 13 276 434 63.6 3,192 7.4 22 11 27 172 92.1 48 192 4.0 4 8 3
Brett 15 13 302 471 64.1 3,227 6.9 18 13 34 208 85.3 47 198 4.2 1 12 4
Comparing Brett to Arod in their first years as starters. Very similar stats. Hopefully Arod can continue to improve and stay away from injuries.

umphrey
12-08-2008, 12:32 PM
3-4 will never happen

I know, but a man can dream can't he?

Colledge would make a horrible RT. I don't like Moll starting there at all either. Sitton might fit the mold but I haven't seen enough of him yet to decide. Barbe fits the mold pretty well but he doesn't have the footwork to handle edge rushers, not at all. I thought he would turn into a good player for us but the coaches seem to want to keep him off the field.

Whatever happened to Giacomini? I didn't have much hope in him but haven't heard a thing since we drafted him.

Edit: Coincidence...JSOnline's latest blog post:
Rookie Breno Giacomini has made a lot of progress.

ChezPower4
12-09-2008, 10:31 AM
I don't think that College is really an upgrade over Cliffton. So why would we move him out there? Unless we cut Clifton and if we draft Robinson whats wrong with him playing on the right side and having to solid gurads?

GB12
12-09-2008, 04:31 PM
I don't think that College is really an upgrade over Cliffton. So why would we move him out there? Unless we cut Clifton and if we draft Robinson whats wrong with him playing on the right side and having to solid gurads?
Moving Colledge to LT would be after Clifton is gone. Playing Colledge at right tackle would not work as I said earlier. If you're talking about playing him at right guard if we draft Robinson, that probably wouldn't happen either. Robinson would play right guard if he and Colledge are our starters.

Yatta!
12-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Does anyone think we'll make an attempt to bring Tauscher back? Do you even want him back or is it time to move on?

umphrey
12-09-2008, 05:00 PM
TT doesn't like old linemen but we don't have any replacement. But still didn't we start Will Whittacker one year? If his knees or back are bad he's gone.

EvilMonkey
12-09-2008, 05:05 PM
TT doesn't like old linemen but we don't have any replacement. But still didn't we start Will Whittacker one year? If his knees or back are bad he's gone.

TT will move on. Dont exactly like the move, but he obviously is obsessed with young talent.

GB12
12-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I think whether or not Tauscher is a Packer next year depends on if he's willing to sign a one year deal. I think we'd like him another year, but don't want to make a commitment to him. Other teams are probably going to be very cautious about going after him with the injury now, so he might be more likely to agree to that.

I wouldn't be surprised either way.

TitleTown088
12-09-2008, 06:47 PM
I think he's as good as gone. RT is probably the least important line position in the ZBS. TT is not going to break the bank on him. I'd be waiting for his replacement in the draft. The packers could easily be playing without Clifton and Tausch next year.

While I don't think Ted will spend money on Tauscher I do think he's going to hand out a big contract this off season either on the Oline or Dline.

GB12
12-09-2008, 09:07 PM
How would we be playing without Clifton? He's under contract for next year still. I'd be pretty ridiculous to cut him.

PACKmanN
12-09-2008, 10:07 PM
How would we be playing without Clifton? He's under contract for next year still. I'd be pretty ridiculous to cut him.

I think we should keep him, but we should start looking into what we can get for him in a trade, he has been great for us but isn't going to continue doing well in a ZBS.

PACKmanN
12-09-2008, 10:10 PM
I think he's as good as gone. RT is probably the least important line position in the ZBS. TT is not going to break the bank on him. I'd be waiting for his replacement in the draft. The packers could easily be playing without Clifton and Tausch next year.

While I don't think Ted will spend money on Tauscher I do think he's going to hand out a big contract this off season either on the Oline or Dline.

imo, I believe, no matter what scheme you run, the LT is the most important position on the line(followed behind by the Center.) Denver and the Texans, who run very similar schemes, drafted a LT with their first round pick in the draft last year.

TitleTown088
12-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Retirement.

TitleTown088
12-09-2008, 10:20 PM
imo, I believe, no matter what scheme you run, the LT is the most important position on the line(followed behind by the Center.) Denver and the Texans, who run very similar schemes, drafted a LT with their first round pick in the draft last year.
Yes, LT is always the most important. However, look who Denver has always had at RT with those freakish ZBS lines of the past. Nobodies for the most part.

ChezPower4
12-10-2008, 10:41 AM
I don't think that Clifton will retire untill his contract is up next year and I'm not really high on brining Mark back. After this season ending injury and his on and off play this year I think it would be best to draft a RT or move one of the young guy into the spot.

PACKmanN
12-11-2008, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't be unset with Colledge and Moll at the tackles(please don't kill Rodgers) if it means we finally get to see this ZBS at full.

TitleTown088
12-11-2008, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't be unset with Colledge and Moll at the tackles(please don't kill Rodgers) if it means we finally get to see this ZBS at full.
I would. Moll has looked suspect at best. Also, what who is going to effectively fill in at LG if College moves to LT?

PACKmanN
12-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I would. Moll has looked suspect at best. Also, what who is going to effectively fill in at LG if College moves to LT?

I was thinking Colledge, Moll, Wells, Spitz, Gross as our line. But who knows.

TitleTown088
12-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Wouldn't Gross play LT? I don't see moving College from guard unless its necessary. He's been out best Olineman this season playing there.

jackalope
12-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Wouldn't Gross play LT? I don't see moving College from guard unless its necessary. He's been out best Olineman this season playing there.

I think Colledge's future is at LT. Yes, he's been very good at LG this season, but he's also shown potential to be a very good LT. If we try him at LT and he isn't good enough we can move him back, but it would be foolish not to see if he can be our LT, as it's much more valuable to have a great LT than a great LG.

TitleTown088
12-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I too can see colledge will end up a LT. But I can't see the reasoning of moving him there when there is no adequate replacement at LG. Guard play is very important in MMs scheme, especially for the run.

PackerLegend
12-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Saw Woodson on the news in an interview. He said he wants to play atleast 4 more years and finish his contract. He said he was skeptical about GB but it has been one of the best stops of his life.

Big WOOD for 4 more!!!! Hopefully Ted lets him stay around cause his finally years are prolly worth alot of $$$$$$$$

PACKmanN
12-11-2008, 07:06 PM

Gross is a pro bowler at RT, but an average player at LT. He is better suited to be a RT.

GB12
12-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Saw Woodson on the news in an interview. He said he wants to play atleast 4 more years and finish his contract. He said he was skeptical about GB but it has been one of the best stops of his life.

Big WOOD for 4 more!!!! Hopefully Ted lets him stay around cause his finally years are prolly worth alot of $$$$$$$$
Well he better get moved back to corner as soon as possible, but we know he's capable of playing safety when he loses speed.

ChezPower4
12-11-2008, 09:45 PM

I do not think that College or Moll are good long term answers at our tackle spots. College struggles with speed rushers and when he goes up against elite DEs he really struggles. As seen in the Vikings game. I've never been impressed with Moll and just think he's not much of a pass protector.

GB12
12-11-2008, 10:56 PM
I do not think that College or Moll are good long term answers at our tackle spots. College struggles with speed rushers and when he goes up against elite DEs he really struggles. As seen in the Vikings game. I've never been impressed with Moll and just think he's not much of a pass protector.
Colledge is a very good pass protector. When has he struggled with speed rushers? And when has he even been up against an elite DE?

bigboiajhawk
12-11-2008, 11:27 PM

Chad Clifton= Tackle at Vikings game, when Rodgers got absolutely destroyed
I think if Colledge were to get a full training camp in at LT he would be fine, everytime he has to play LT he only gets a couple of days in practice to really work on it.  I really dont think there will be any major changes to the line for next year.  Our line will have blocked this past season for most likely a 1000 yard rusher and possibly two 1000 yard receivers, thats pretty good. I think any changes to the line will come from within.

TitleTown088
12-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Colledge is a very good pass protector. When has he struggled with speed rushers? And when has he even been up against an elite DE?

The only instance I can recall in Jason Taylor destroying him on his rookie year. Gave up two sacks and a fumble if I remember correctly.

Gross is a pro bowler at RT, but an average player at LT. He is better suited to be a RT.

He's going to demand LT type money in the market.

ChezPower4
12-12-2008, 10:54 AM

Taylor and Jared Allen (twice for Allen I believe).

PACKmanN
12-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Taylor and Jared Allen (twice for Allen I believe).

I bet you almost 80% of LT in this league couldn't block them, Colledge was a rookie when he face Taylor, and when did he face Allen?

Plus, if you were to pick something out of Colledge that he great at is blocking speed rushers.

jsa230
12-12-2008, 12:54 PM
I bet you almost 80% of LT in this league couldn't block them, Colledge was a rookie when he face Taylor, and when did he face Allen?

Plus, if you were to pick something out of Colledge that he great at is blocking speed rushers.
You don't remember clifton sitting out alot of the Minnesota game with an "illness"?

bigboiajhawk
12-12-2008, 02:57 PM
You don't remember clifton sitting out alot of the Minnesota game with an "illness"?

WRONG

Clifton out because of "illness" for Titans game. It wasn't an illness, it was an allergic reaction to some kind of medication he was taking.

GB12
12-13-2008, 11:38 AM
What's wrong with this picture?
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1899/adle7.png

princefielder28
12-13-2008, 11:41 AM
59% don't hate the stories about Favre

mqtirishfan
12-13-2008, 03:17 PM
What's wrong with this picture?
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1899/adle7.png

It's costing me 40 dollars per month for my AT&T package?

Twiddler
12-13-2008, 11:27 PM
59% don't hate the stories about Favre

Yep, that's what I got out of it. The 30% who can't get enough of them are the ones who really scare me. That and they gave credit for the Jets success to more than Favre, that can't be right...

TitleTown088
12-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Signed punter Durant Brooks to practice squad

tjsunstein
12-14-2008, 08:53 PM
K. What is the problem with our team? We're always in the position to win games but we can never finish.

umphrey
12-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Where to start?

DL sucks, they get tired as the game goes on. When they go at it against a big OL they wear down, eventually sell out against the run or pass. Zero pass rush, every team we play their QB looks like Brady or Romo sitting in the pocket with forever to throw.

Running game sucks, numbers have been better but Grant looks so slow and everyone knows he can't break tackles. No agility, poor burst. OL doesn't get a push either. Most plays the LOS gets pushed back a yard or two. Pass blocking is never consistent. Even against the Jags Rodgers drops back, gets maybe a second before he is moving his feet. He's gonna turn into David Carr pretty damn soon. Today we were stacking the TE and a RB behind Tony Moll and his guy was still getting pressure.

Offensive play calling is pretty suspect at times. No variety in pass patterns, extremely predictable play calling. Doesn't play to our strengths at all, when the situation is tense, we give the ball to Finley or Kuhn or something...

WRs not getting the best separation, probably due to keeping extras in the backfield to block. Also the crappy pass patterns I see sometimes. Not sure if they dumbed down the offense or what, just so simple and predictable. I don't want to get too harsh on the passing game though, it's been pretty good, it just disappoints when you're really looking for that big play (4th quarter).

Biggest problem definitely our defense no question. No pass rush and we can't stop the run, get tired in the 4th. The most important parts of a football team and we suck at them. Think of what the Giants were in the playoffs last year...now imagine the complete opposite. That is our defense.

Whistler6
12-15-2008, 11:09 AM
I agree with the "D-line" sucks comment. Kampman is doing what he can, but even he gets beat on the run and disappears behind big tackles. Still, this entire season it has been so hard to watch every marginal QB have 4-5 seconds to sit in his giant pocket and decide which WR he wants to hit. It doesn't matter who you are, with that time to throw every QB will be successful.

It's hard to see Green Bay at 5-9... But look at the positives:

1) A lot of offensive talent

Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings, James Jones and still Donald Driver have the ability to make big plays of out nothing

2) Rodgers has *already* shown flashes of being a top 7-8 QB in the NFL down the road. He is going to be the best QB in the NCF North for a while.

3) Ryan Grant, yes Ryan Grant is a good RB

Despite averaging what 2.5 ypc yesterday, he ran hard. It looked like he was about to bust atleast 6-7 of those runs/catches. As the O-line meshes/progress, I think he will only get better...if he holds onto the ball

4) Lastly, our GLARING needs can be easily fixed

Add a few pieces on the D-line or O-line and we are suddenly a contender. We are 1 or 2 playmakers away from being up there with every other NFC contender. This year of losing close games and getting embarassed will only make them better next year.

--- I am not trying to sound like I know what's gonna happen, or really have any clue... These are just a couple opinions of mine. Tough season, but hey Merry Christmas right?

Whistler6
12-15-2008, 11:11 AM
<<< WRs not getting the best separation, probably due to keeping extras in the backfield to block. Also the crappy pass patterns I see sometimes. >>>

See I disagree with that. If you watch the game yesterday, Rodgers overthrew about 3 or 4 WR's down the field who had atleast 2 steps on the CB's. They had great separation, Rodger's just has to start making some of those down field throws

umphrey
12-15-2008, 01:21 PM
At times, yeah. Most of the time they were sitting in cover 2 both safeties were in coverage, 7 in the box, so we had maybe 2 receivers a TE and a RB against 5 in the secondary, that's 4v5 and only 2 receivers, even worse when you consider LBs cover RBs and TEs most plays...

Grant hasn't looked like an NFL running back once this year IMO, and he hasn't had much help from the OL. I've ranted on him enough though, I'll spare him this post.

And the pass blocking...I remember Rodgers overthrowing receivers down the field when he took his 5 step and threw it in under a second, still got drove to the ground on release. I agree with you though that sometimes he just misses receivers. I see it a lot early first quarter and late fourth quarter - he takes awhile to get into a rhythm and well he's sucked when we put the game in his hands so far. He needs to do better but at the same time good teams don't put themselves in those situations so much.

Side note: Wow I have a lot of posts in the last couple days. I'm studying for exams so I'm always at a computer and since I'm the worst procrastinator I've ever met I spend all my time reading every page of this website before I do any real work.

bigboiajhawk
12-15-2008, 03:04 PM
What does Grant look like to you then?

He looks like a 1000 yard RB to me. He will probably finish around 1,200 yards, not bad for a guy who missed all of training camp and exhibition. Next year he and jackson are going to have a huge year. I see next year splitting the carries a little more frequently.

On AROD-I agree with you because he needs to get better with those last drives, and like you said good teams dont put themselves into those kinds of situations.The last couple of games where the packers have lost by a couple of points, Arod has taken the packers down the field to score, only to have the defense give back the lead, and then he throws a pick. The defense has to get better for next year, otherwise it will be the same old story as this year.

Whistler6
12-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Haha, last semester I lived on this site during finals week.. This year, I forced myself to the library away from any sort of computer.

Grant one game will be a pro bowler, the next game he will be a practice squad guy. It's just too early to put a final opinion on him. I hope to see him develop a bit more next year. Although I have a hard time listening to people say he doesn't run hard or burst..

PackerLegend
12-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Packers suck! Kthxbye :D I wanted us to win just because its better then losing but in the end it only improves our draft pick so im not to upset.

TitleTown088
12-15-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm upset. Aside from want to win, I don't want a top 5-9 pick. Too expensive.

PACKmanN
12-15-2008, 08:53 PM
lolz, I wasn't surpirsed this team lost to the Jags, they lost their fire.

GB12
12-15-2008, 08:57 PM
2) Rodgers has *already* shown flashes of being a top 7-8 QB in the NFL down the road. He is going to be the best QB in the NCF North for a while.
Down the road? He's a top 8 QB this season.

umphrey
12-16-2008, 01:28 AM
lolz, I wasn't surpirsed this team lost to the Jags, they lost their fire.

Dunno about that, I think the players are getting frustrated and making stupid mistakes. And of course there is the matter of how bad we are. Ignoring the coach speak, McCarthy and co might be looking towards next season, using some tactics he wouldn't be using if we were really trying to win now.

bearsfan_51
12-16-2008, 02:03 AM
Down the road? He's a top 8 QB this season.

Mmmm....that's very debateable.

There are 7 QB's that I think are clearly above the pack (no pun intended).

1)Peyton Manning
2)Tom Brady
3)Tony Romo
4)Drew Brees
5)Donovan McNabb
6)Big Ben
7)Phillip Rivers

In my personal opinion I would put Kurt Warner (8) in there as well, although he's always had a lot of detractors. I would also say that Matt Ryan's (9) debut has been more impressive than Rodgers'. I'm also a big fan of Matt Schaub (10).

You could definately make a case for Rodgers after that, maybe even with Ryan and Schaub, but there are other guys like Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer, and maybe even Favre and Hasselback that are part of the conversation.

EvilMonkey
12-16-2008, 02:10 AM

1)Peyton Manning
2)Tom Brady
3)Tony Romo
4)Drew Brees
5)Donovan McNabb
6)Big Ben
7)Phillip Rivers

In my personal opinion I would put Kurt Warner (8) in there as well, although he's always had a lot of detractors. I would also say that Matt Ryan's (9) debut has been more impressive than Rodgers'. I'm also a big fan of Matt Schaub (10).

You could definately make a case for Rodgers after that, maybe even with Ryan and Schaub, but there are other guys like Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer, and maybe even Favre and Hasselback that are part of the conversation.

i'll take Arod over Schaub, but I'm fine with the rest of that.

someone447
12-16-2008, 10:45 AM
well he's sucked when we put the game in his hands so far.

How do you figure? The Pack usually don't get the ball until there is <1 minute left in the game because the defense lets them march right down the field. Rodgers has put them in position to win a couple times, but the defense just ***** it up.

PACKmanN
12-16-2008, 02:12 PM
http://packers.com/news/stories/2008/12/12/1/

did anyone watch that?

TitleTown088
12-16-2008, 02:30 PM

1)Peyton Manning
2)Tom Brady
3)Tony Romo
4)Drew Brees
5)Donovan McNabb
6)Big Ben
7)Phillip Rivers

I assume your going off careers? That is not truly fair because Rodgers has only started one season, this season. So I think you must only compare this season's play. Obviously there are some guys who are injured are better. I also think GB12 was referring to his season?

I can see your point on most active Qbs, but lets go through this with some stats to weed out the obvious ones.
First of all, what the hell has Ryan done to be on level with Rodgers? Rodgers has 27 total TD with 12 picks, 3500 yards and 92 passer rating. Ryan on the other hand has 14 TD. 3200 yards. It's not even close. (Yes I know ryan is a rookie and I don't give a ****)

Guys you mentioned who are better this year. Warner,Brees, Romo, and Rivers.

These guys are close McNabb, , Favre, Cutler ( except yards), but Rodgers is ahead in nearly every statistic category.

Stick a fork in Hasseback, he's done.

I thought a guy you interestingly left out was Orton. Up until a few weeks ago he was neck and neckbeard with Rodgers in terms of playing level.

rumfinator
12-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Well, Nick Collins made the Pro Bowl. He was Pro Bowl material in the first half of the season, but I feel his play fell off in the second half.

Yatta!
12-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, Nick Collins made the Pro Bowl. He was Pro Bowl material in the first half of the season, but I feel his play fell off in the second half.

He and Woodson are NFC starters. Disappointed not to see Jennings there, I thought he would have made it as he started quickest of any WR. There are just too many good receivers in the NFC I suppose.

GB12
12-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Charles Woodson and Nick Collins are our pro bowlers, both starters. It sucks Jennings gets left out again. Not that the WRs chosen aren't deserving, but that's 2 years in a row tha he just missed out.

TitleTown088
12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Jennings is an alternate.

Him not making the pro bowl could be a good thing considering a up comming contract...

umphrey
12-16-2008, 06:38 PM
How do you figure? The Pack usually don't get the ball until there is <1 minute left in the game because the defense lets them march right down the field. Rodgers has put them in position to win a couple times, but the defense just ***** it up.

He hasn't been successful in a 2 minute drive situation all year. I never blamed him for those losses, but he's never been the hero.

Whistler6
12-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Rodgers has done everything right this year... He has shown why Green Bay picked him when they did, he has put up numbers, he has stood tough and taken a ton of shots, he moves around and isn't afraid to run, he's a quality person as well as teammate (from what I read), and he is developing solid on-the-field relationships with his WR's.

Buttttttt, the only thing he hasn't done is win. When he starts to pull out those close games with 2 mins left...he will be one of the top QB's. Just not yet.

vikes_28
12-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Go Packers!

Dr. Gonzo
12-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Go Packers!

Nah. I am cheering for a tie. Sorry Packer fans.

Favre4ever
12-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Rodgers has done everything right this year... He has shown why Green Bay picked him when they did, he has put up numbers, he has stood tough and taken a ton of shots, he moves around and isn't afraid to run, he's a quality person as well as teammate (from what I read), and he is developing solid on-the-field relationships with his WR's.

Buttttttt, the only thing he hasn't done is win. When he starts to pull out those close games with 2 mins left...he will be one of the top QB's. Just not yet.

Thats whats scary about Rodgers. First year starter, behind a inconsistent O-line and Running game and he puts out top 10 QB stats. He still has a lot to learn but im not concerned at all, he will be one of the best in the league very soon. He will get better at those 2 mins drill situations, i remember how Eli manning was god awful before that superbowl season, i dont see why «rodgers wouldnt get the job done as soon as next year.

PACKmanN
12-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Jennings is an alternate.

Him not making the pro bowl could be a good thing considering a up comming contract...

I wouldn't be surpirsed if he got 8-9 million now then 7-6 later on in his career.

Gay Ork Wang
12-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Nah. I am cheering for a tie. Sorry Packer fans.
u guys should just cheer for the vikes to win. :D

drowe
12-18-2008, 09:22 AM

yeah, viking fans aren't really familiar with that concept.

terrible fans.

TitleTown088
12-18-2008, 11:45 AM
So I got a free ticket to the Vikings game this weekend. I'm debating my options.

1. Burn it
2. Sell it ( which really isn't an option because I dont want some Viking fan to get enjoyment out of it.
3. Go the the game, hit the sauce, and talk ****.

TitleTown088
12-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Also, bigby to IR and Torbina signed to active.

ChezPower4
12-19-2008, 08:04 AM

Just my favorite thing to do

Whistler6
12-19-2008, 08:11 AM
So I got a free ticket to the Vikings game this weekend. I'm debating my options.

1. Burn it
2. Sell it ( which really isn't an option because I dont want some Viking fan to get enjoyment out of it.

Option 3 sounds about right...wearing a Packer Jersey. jk. Good stuff

mqtirishfan
12-19-2008, 01:14 PM

1. Burn it

Sell it, you tool :D. That's free money.

Gay Ork Wang
12-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Just my favorite thing to do
i meant the viking fans :P

TitleTown088
12-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Harrell's fat ass is out Monday night, probably for the remainder of the season. If these injuries keep up the Packers could lose to detr... Wait, NVM

bigboiajhawk
12-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Harrell's fat ass is out Monday night, probably for the remainder of the season. If these injuries keep up the Packers could lose to detr... Wait, NVM

I just want them to shut him down. He needs to be injury free this offseason, they dont need him to prove anything at the end of this year. Let him heal up and pray he stays in shape and stays injury free.

Whistler6
12-20-2008, 12:06 AM
What the hell... he better come into camp in shape and toned. Simply put, he's soft. I don't care what the injuries are. YOU DONT DRAFT A GUY WHO MISSED HIS ENTIRE SENIOR SEASON and large parts of his freshman and sophmore years in the 1st ***** ROUND!!

PACKmanN
12-20-2008, 12:32 AM
http://packers.com/news/stories/2008/12/19/3/

yeahhhhhhh, they read my question :)

GB12
12-20-2008, 12:38 AM
http://packers.com/news/stories/2008/12/19/3/

yeahhhhhhh, they read my question :)
Sorry, but I don't care enough about Tony Moll's personal life to watch a 9 minute video.

TitleTown088
12-20-2008, 06:15 PM
I just want them to shut him down. He needs to be injury free this offseason, they dont need him to prove anything at the end of this year. Let him heal up and pray he stays in shape and stays injury free.

The cupcake hurt himself during this off season.

TitleTown088
12-20-2008, 06:38 PM
It's up to Daryn Colledge to protect Rodgers. And to the third-year left guard, that job description doesn't end with blocking behemoth defensive tackles and blitzing linebackers.

When asked in the locker room late last week about Rodgers' and Favre's leadership styles and whether the team missed Favre's leadership, the tattooed 6-foot-4, 308-pound Colledge became visibly irritated. His muscles tensed, his voice boomed.

"Not a chance. We're all more emotionally involved with Aaron than we were with Brett," Colledge said, volume increasing. "The fact is, Aaron's a friend. I think I'm more emotionally invested in our relationship than I ever was with Brett. There was always a fear factor of getting Brett hit, but that's because you're young and you don't want to lose your job. With Aaron, I want to play well because I want us to have success together.

interesting...

GB12
12-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Age difference between Colledge and Rodgers: 1 year
Age difference between Colledge and Favre: 13 years

TitleTown088
12-20-2008, 07:15 PM
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/324801

This dosen't make it sound like age is the only factor.

GB12
12-20-2008, 07:25 PM

"He was older, he was at a different place in his life. Those are all differences between him and his teammates
most didn't connect with him on a personal level, which is understandable given the age gap.
Favre turned 38 during the 2007 season, when 28 of the 53 players on roster at the end of the season were age 25 or younger, and only eight players besides Favre had seen their 30th birthday.
"Aaron and I have a great relationship — and I think where it becomes different is the age
"Brett was a lot older than us. We didn't have a lot in common

Age might not be the only thing, but it has a hell of a lot to do with it.

TitleTown088
12-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Fair enough. However, only one age comment was given by a player that I read, and even in that one given by Greg, age was not the topic, the difference Favre being difficult to associate with was. The rest were the opinion of the writer.

GB12
12-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Fair enough. However, only one age comment was given by a player that I read, and even in that one given by Greg, age was not the topic, the difference Favre being difficult to associate with was. The rest were the opinion of the writer.
He gave age as a reason why it was difficult to associate.

The last quote I posted was from another player in Colledge, and McCarthy said the first one.

umphrey
12-21-2008, 03:09 PM
now detroit's winless season is up to us

GreenBayPackers
12-21-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm starting to get more nervous about next week.

PACKmanN
12-21-2008, 08:15 PM

lolz, the funny things you read on those comments and what writes have to write yet Favre can't even lead the Jets to the Playoffs how the hell would he lead us.

PackerLegend
12-21-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm starting to get more nervous about next week.

We better not lose to the Lions... it could be worse then 4th and 26

Twiddler
12-21-2008, 11:14 PM

I think I would agree that it could be worse than 4th and 26. I actually think it would be worse, because we have to see the Lions twice every year. Man, we better win.

jackalope
12-21-2008, 11:26 PM
I'll be going to the game so losing to the Lions would be absolutely god awful. I'm currently 0-2, so that's a bad sign, but I don't think we're bad enough to lose it though.

ChezPower4
12-22-2008, 09:50 AM
I'll be going to the game so losing to the Lions would be absolutely god awful. I'm currently 0-2, so that's a bad sign, but I don't think we're bad enough to lose it though.

Well, we'll find out if your bad luck for sure next week if we lose because the Lions have not won a game in Lambeau since 1992.

bearsfan_51
12-22-2008, 10:14 AM
You guys won't lose to the Lions (as much as I would LOVE to see that).

The Packers are still a pretty good team, they just aren't playing very well right now. Talent will win out in the end.

If it was in Detroit I might think differently though.

Whistler6
12-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Sooo some Brett Favre talk. I go to school at UW-Oshkosh, and listen to FM 107.5 The Fan whenever I get a chance... I'm not gonna lie as much as I actually have been rooting FOR Favre to do well, it is nice to see the Jets falter a bit. Mainly because 80% of the callers have stopped calling in to bash TT and Rodgers and praising Brett Favre 24/7.

I'm not saying with Favre Green Bay would be 5-9 or 9-5, but just pointing out an observation. Anyone else here notice that or live in the area?

princefielder28
12-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Sooo some Brett Favre talk. I go to school at UW-Oshkosh, and listen to FM 107.5 The Fan whenever I get a chance... I'm not gonna lie as much as I actually have been rooting FOR Favre to do well, it is nice to see the Jets falter a bit. Mainly because 80% of the callers have stopped calling in to bash TT and Rodgers and praising Brett Favre 24/7.

I'm not saying with Favre Green Bay would be 5-9 or 9-5, but just pointing out an observation. Anyone else here notice that or live in the area?

107.5 is full of morons

The biggest problem I have with the Green Bay media is their inability to criticize the Packers or management.

PACKmanN
12-22-2008, 01:07 PM
So Favre continues to fail in colder weather conditions, whats new.

lolz, I was on some Jets forums yesterday, its like a roller coaster ride there. First they hate Favre for the terrible start, then he love him when they start winning, and now they hate him again.

Whistler6
12-22-2008, 02:01 PM
107.5 is full of morons

The biggest problem I have with the Green Bay media is their inability to criticize the Packers or management.

They have hit TT hard, the special teams and D hard, and even Mike McCarthy hard several times... I don't know what your talking about. They seem to be the only "homer" show that is willing to pick against the Packers and avoid being one sided. Maybe it's just me, but I like Bill and Rookie with their 4-6 show and whatever time it's on in the AM before Jim Rome.

drowe
12-22-2008, 02:14 PM
They have hit TT hard, the special teams and D hard, and even Mike McCarthy hard several times... I don't know what your talking about. They seem to be the only "homer" show that is willing to pick against the Packers and avoid being one sided. Maybe it's just me, but I like Bill and Rookie with their 4-6 show and whatever time it's on in the AM before Jim Rome.

I sometimes think Bill and Rookie genuinely hate eachother. just an impression i get from listening to 'em. yeah, i listen to 107.5 when i feel like it. i don't necessarily like it..but sometimes i just don't feel like listening to music.

Havel was decent when he was writing for the Press-Gazette. not sure what i think about him as a radio personality.

Harry Sydney makes Emmit Smith look like a genius.

and, most of the callers are absolute morons. they have no screening process so anybody can just call whenever they want. i've called a few times to correct inexcusable errors they've made.

Whistler6
12-22-2008, 02:33 PM
I sometimes think Bill and Rookie genuinely hate eachother. just an impression i get from listening to 'em. yeah, i listen to 107.5 when i feel like it. i don't necessarily like it..but sometimes i just don't feel like listening to music.

Havel was decent when he was writing for the Press-Gazette. not sure what i think about him as a radio personality.

Harry Sydney makes Emmit Smith look like a genius.

and, most of the callers are absolute morons. they have no screening process so anybody can just call whenever they want. i've called a few times to correct inexcusable errors they've made.

God... I could not agree with all of that more. Haha, I just listen because I like to hear radio shows talk about things I care about instead of ALWAYS hearing Nat'l shows talk about the Cowboys and TO, or other irrelevant topics to me

princefielder28
12-22-2008, 02:51 PM

The Press-Gazette doesn't say anything that really goes after the team. I would say Rookie is the only one that brings it even close to reality. Bill is an idiot, and Chris Havel with Harry is just brutal to listen to.

GB12
12-22-2008, 03:24 PM
No way could it possibly be worse than that. That lost us a playoff game and a chance to go to the NFC Championship. Next week means absolutely nothing. Yes it'd be embarrassing as hell, but no way could it ever compare to losing a playoff game like that.

And it's not going to happen. I'm not sure why it's become as popular of a pick as it has, but the Lions have nothing on us and have no chance to win. They might hang around for a while like they have in other games, but they won't beat us. I'm not the least bit worried.

PackerLegend
12-22-2008, 05:54 PM
No way could it possibly be worse than that. That lost us a playoff game and a chance to go to the NFC Championship. Next week means absolutely nothing. Yes it'd be embarrassing as hell, but no way could it ever compare to losing a playoff game like that.

And it's not going to happen. I'm not sure why it's become as popular of a pick as it has, but the Lions have nothing on us and have no chance to win. They might hang around for a while like they have in other games, but they won't beat us. I'm not the least bit worried.

Very unlikely, Yes...... but anything in the NFL is possible.

Cant wait to listen to Tony K bring up Favre tonight, even though he isnt a Packer anymore and the subject has already been beat to death.

GB12
12-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Very unlikely, Yes...... but anything in the NFL is possible.

Cant wait to listen to Tony K bring up Favre tonight, even though he isnt a Packer anymore and the subject has already been beat to death.
The Lions haven't won in Wisconsin since 1991. I don't think they break that streak with the worst team of those 17 years.

Twiddler
12-22-2008, 11:14 PM

Well, today I found out that:

mute button > Tony Kornheiser

EvilMonkey
12-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Well, today I found out that:

mute button > Tony Kornheiser

laravie and mccarren every game for me pretty much this year, except when Gus Johnson called the Houston game.

tjsunstein
12-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Is there any one thing more of a roller coaster ride than ESPN's pre-game show and their in game analysis. Before the game they said how atrocious our run D and how we had no shot at beating Chicago while they still have a glimmer of hope of the playoffs. Tables turn a full 180 during the game when they hop all over the Packers and say how much we're dominating them and how we look like the team that's fighting for the playoff spot. Then at the end of the game it goes back to all over the Bears and how they deserved to win. Ugh, I hate the media.

roidrunner
12-23-2008, 01:14 AM
To explain the green bay packers this season, all i have to say is 7-11. Cause we do not close.

umphrey
12-23-2008, 02:25 AM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/fde50eb6c9bd67caa1cc6cedfaaf2b91.jpg

princefielder28
12-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Greg Jennings suffered a slight concussion last night, Mike McCarthy reported in his press conference today.

Whistler6
12-24-2008, 08:52 AM
It's pretty clear none of the ESPN pre-game or game time announcers/analysts cover the Packers or most of the NFL teams ever until the week of their Monday night game. Some of the opinions and whatnot they throw out there just don't make much sense. I agree... Mute button > Kornheiser. Although I do like PTI. Hmmm

Everyone wanna know a bad Monday night????

So Tuesday morning at 8am yesterday I was scheduled to get a colonoscopy and a endoscopy. That is basically the Dr's using cameras in both ends to scope out your insides and see if there's anything wrong. Ok so I am only 21 and this was completely new to me (and embarassing). I had to drink a gallon of this prep the night before that sent me running to the bathrooms every 10 mins or so.

In the end, my Monday night not only consisted of me running to the bathroom right as Mason Crosby was about to win the game for Green Bay, but it ALSO allowed me 5 mins. of break to come back and see Gould kick the game winner in OT. Worse Monday everrrr...

No worries though, Merry Christmas everyone!

TitleTown088
12-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Moll benched colledge to RT. Sitton to start at RG.

GB12
12-24-2008, 01:57 PM

Awesome. I don't like Colledge much at RT, but I'm excited to see Sitton play and Moll has been horrible.

jackalope
12-24-2008, 03:06 PM

I like the move, put the 5 best linemen on the field. Moll deserves to be benched. I'll be interested to see Colledge at RT.

PACKmanN
12-24-2008, 04:15 PM

yeah, lets see if what I said could work :)

edit: why can't we see Barbre in a game, its vs the Lions and it could be a good smart mental for him.

umphrey
12-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Harrell is "back at square one" and probably will have more offseason surgery. I was almost going to post something making fun of his chances to play this Sunday (since he was supposed to be finally healthy) but I didn't want to jinx it.

*cough*bust*cough*

Once he gets healthy he's hurt again in a week without even playing in a game...can you imagine what it would be like if he was actually a full time starter?

TitleTown088
12-24-2008, 08:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3792518

Rodgers might have off-season shoulder surgery. Not good news but it can't be overly serious if they let him play through it all season, especially when the Packers were not longer in playoff contention.

TitleTown088
12-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Awesome. I don't like Colledge much at RT, but I'm excited to see Sitton play and Moll has been horrible.

I'm excited to see how the guys do, but whenever you're shuffling your O-line in week 17 it's not good news. Regardless of tauscher's injury. I expect something big on the O-line to be done this off season.

tjsunstein
12-24-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm excited to see how the guys do, but whenever you're shuffling your O-line in week 17 it's not good news. Regardless of tauscher's injury. I expect something big on the O-line to be done this off season.

Jordan Gross. I'm calling it.

TitleTown088
12-24-2008, 08:46 PM
We can only hope.

PACKmanN
12-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Jordan Gross. I'm calling it.

if we put him at LT, then we will still have some problems. He a better linemen at the RT spot.

TitleTown088
12-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Then put him at RT colledge at LT... It's also not a given that Cliffy is done.

Imagine if the Packers signed Gross then an LT fell in the draft. Or traded back an got Dukes Robinson. Sexy Oline.

umphrey
12-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Shuffling the OL is just a try out for next year I'm sure.

If we draft OL I'm all about Jason Smith.

Smith - Colledge - Wells - Spitz - Gross

That would make for a damn good ZBS line. Colledge stays at LG in that scenario, but the final product is a slam dunk.

Otherwise I want a beastly pass rusher. Orakpo would be perfect. I think come April Orakpo will be pegged as going #2 or #3 and definitely out of our range without a trade.

Depending on what juniors declare this could be a really good year to get an awesome pass rusher for good value with our second rounder.

princefielder28
12-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Justin Harrell is gonna require another back surgery after a recent setback.

What a waste!

bigbuc
12-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Whats up with him guys? I loved him coming out... he was lights out. Just seems so ordinary now...

The Legend
12-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Not in the right postion for the system

TitleTown088
12-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Hawk has not played well that season, but you have to wonder how much of that has to do with the **** D line play. Good DT's would go along way helping him out.

Damn you Harrell.

TitleTown088
12-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Meow...

http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2008-12-21_98938269267300/tv/seinfeld/cat_fight2.wav

Boston
12-26-2008, 03:36 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/55/141682592_57314a1653.jpg

Can we all just ignore him?

Smokey Joe
12-26-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you packer fans, but...

http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/11174/2822910930064918312S600x600Q85.jpg

AtariBigby
12-26-2008, 11:08 PM
We don't care about the Bears this week. They play Houston. I'd actually love to see the Bears win and the Vikings lose, but once again the Vikings get lucky.
They get the Giants on their one 'bye' week with nothing to play for.

Maybe the Vikings can win another game on a blocked FG that bounces right to Antoine Winfield for a return TD.
Or maybe win a game on a blindside sack by Winfield that knocks the ball from the QB and bounces right up to Winfield who returns it for another TD.
Or maybe they can win a game when the opposing kicker misses a FG just wide at the end of the game that saves the game.

I love the Bears compared to the Vikings, so fine, go Bears this week.

Jpack18
12-27-2008, 01:39 AM
Did I tell the Bears fan not to come in here?
Or did I ask him WHY he was in here all the time?
You must still be a student, college or high school.

If you want more of the same, then fine, keep the same system again..... tell Bob Sanders to coach a little better.
Tell his players to try a little harder and be a little smarter. Perhaps, if he yells more, it will all be fixed next year.
Good idea. We'd hate to have to jettison guys like Brady Poppinga, Colin Cole, Justin Harrell, Brandon Chillar, Mike Montgomery because they're such good guys. I'd hate to replace them with some new blood fit for the 3-4. Bring em all back and cross your fingers that Jenkins doesn't get hurt again, because remember our defense was great in weeks 1-4 when CJ was still healthy, right?

I like that idea better

tjsunstein
12-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Harrell and Jarret Bush continue to fight it out for least liked Packer this year.

TitleTown088
12-27-2008, 01:56 PM
but once again the Vikings get lucky.

Are you referring to the Minnesota Vikings ? This scenario has a classic Viking implosion written all over it.

PACKmanN
12-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Harrell and Jarret Bush continue to fight it out for least liked Packer this year.

you can add Tony Moll to that list.

AtariBigby
12-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Justin Harrell is the 2nd highest pick that Thompson has made in his 4 years of drafting for this franchise.
AJ Hawk is the highest.

Tony Moll isn't in the same paragraph as those 2 picks.

Harrell is Ted Thompson's Jamal Reynolds/Joe Johnson. A total, 100% high waste. It's hard to recover from blunders like that, when his other highest pick, Hawk at #5, hasn't brought anything special either.

TitleTown088
12-27-2008, 03:47 PM
I dislike Harell as well, but its too hard to call him a full bust yet. He surely has been disappointing. I think a certain (Al) DT who went to Tenn had similar struggles in the beginning of his career. Hopefully he can pt together a healthy off season and try to do soemthing next year.

Yatta!
12-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Harrell is Ted Thompson's Jamal Reynolds/Joe Johnson. A total, 100% high waste. It's hard to recover from blunders like that, when his other highest pick, Hawk at #5, hasn't brought anything special either.

Are you suggesting that TT should go? TT's draft record is very solid overall, now I know that does not excuse the Harrell pick (who looks very much like a bust to me) but he has found some good players in the mid and late rounds.

Twiddler
12-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Did I tell the Bears fan not to come in here?
Or did I ask him WHY he was in here all the time?
You must still be a student, college or high school.

Yes, you asked him why he was in here all the time, but in the same question you were essentially telling him to stay out of the Packers section. Its called reading between the lines, and that's what I did. Got a problem with it?

And what was the point of you posting the Harrell article? You highlighted that Packer fans didn't like the pick and that he has had some injuries, what's your point? Seriously, the fans will object some picks, and many times they will be wrong, because they are just fans (I bet most fans didn't like the Greg Jennings pick because he wasn't well known, that makes it a bad pick right?). Much like all of us, just fans, no matter how much you think you know. Seriously, who do you think you are? You talk about how you "knew better than our GM" in that situation, which is pretty ridiculous. Knew better? Compared to GM's, coaches, scouts, and many others in the Packers organization you knew better? How exactly did you know better? Seriously, I'd like to know. Then we could make you the GM of the Green Bay Packers where from what it sounds you would never miss on a pick and never have to deal with busts. Because you know everything.

And what's your deal with high picks? You ***** about how Hawk isn't amazing at this point (which he isn't) and Harrell isn't looking good but do you choose to ignore the many other players he has brought in in the later rounds? Is it because they aren't high picks that they're obviously worth less?

tjsunstein
12-27-2008, 04:18 PM
There hasnt been very many picks that I have been exactly upset with in TT's time. Only ones that come to mind are Harrell [so far] and Brohm. Still don't know what the thought process was with Brohm.

TitleTown088
12-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Brohm? Easy,the plan was to find a good backup.

AtariBigby
12-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Yes, you asked him why he was in here all the time, but in the same question you were essentially telling him to stay out of the Packers section. Its called reading between the lines, and that's what I did. Got a problem with it?

And what was the point of you posting the Harrell article? You highlighted that Packer fans didn't like the pick and that he has had some injuries, what's your point? Seriously, the fans will object some picks, and many times they will be wrong, because they are just fans (I bet most fans didn't like the Greg Jennings pick because he wasn't well known, that makes it a bad pick right?). Much like all of us, just fans, no matter how much you think you know. Seriously, who do you think you are? You talk about how you "knew better than our GM" in that situation, which is pretty ridiculous. Knew better? Compared to GM's, coaches, scouts, and many others in the Packers organization you knew better? How exactly did you know better? Seriously, I'd like to know. Then we could make you the GM of the Green Bay Packers where from what it sounds you would never miss on a pick and never have to deal with busts. Because you know everything.

And what's your deal with high picks? You ***** about how Hawk isn't amazing at this point (which he isn't) and Harrell isn't looking good but do you choose to ignore the many other players he has brought in in the later rounds? Is it because they aren't high picks that they're obviously worth less?

Is that all you know? We're very proud of ya.
Tell me a little more about yourself.
What DO you know?

By the way, just because a person HAS a position doesn't mean they are the best. You think all CEO's in America do a better job than some employees underneath them COULD do? WRONG! A lot of CEO's do a bad job.
A lot of GMs do a bad job. I guarantee you that there are thousands of regular LIONS fans who could have gotten better results than Matt Millen did.

You think Ted Thompson has been great?
If you do, you have lower standards than I do, and then a lot of others do (usually the above-teenaged crowd).

GB12
12-27-2008, 09:58 PM
If you think you could have done a better job than Thompson you're dumber than I thought.

mqtirishfan
12-27-2008, 10:07 PM
It is TT's fault that Nick Barnett, Cullen Jenkins and Al Harris among others missed significant time this year.

Whistler6
12-27-2008, 11:08 PM
It is TT's fault that Nick Barnett, Cullen Jenkins and Al Harris among others missed significant time this year.

I blame Ted Thomspon for Barnett's ACL tear.. I coulda told ya his knee would get rolled up on. And don't even get me started on Cullen, saw that coming a couple years back!

PACKmanN
12-28-2008, 06:14 AM
Ok so I was reading some thread on a another draft site, since its a draft site i will not post the link, and some poster named daintrain28 posted how he was listening to AM 1250 radio station and they had a guest on the show, he was former Packers' RB Gerry Ellis.

They were discussing, on the radio show about Bob Sanders and the defense, Ellis, former Packers' running back, brought the idea of Mike Nolan. I know what your thinking he won't be on the list because he ran a 34, but he also did run a 43 in the 90's and was successful at it. So Ellis said he would be a top guy because he is one of McCarthy guys.

I'm not saying its going to be him, for all we know it can be someone else, Jim Hasslett? So what are your thoughts if we bring him in and he STAYED with the 43.

AtariBigby
12-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Mike Nolan is the PERFECT candidate. He was the Ravens DC before leaving to take the head coaching job in San Francisco. Rey Ryan succeeded Nolan in Baltimore as the DC.

Plus Nolan and McCarthy have worked together and that's why I hope Nolan is the guy. There has been plenty of speculation about it.

Just because Nolan didn't succeed as head coach doesn't mean he can't again become a good D-coordinator. Some of you are too young to have known about Dick LeBeau. He tried his hand out as head coach too, and failed miserably. But since then, he's been teh best D-coordinator in the NFL.

Nolan can run a great 3-4, and knows how to run a 4-3. That would probably be perfect because he can utilize the personnel whatever he thinks fits best.

GB12, I can guarantee you I would have done a better job of handling the Brett Favre situation, for all 4 years he was here, than Ted Thompson has. The guy has a wacky personality. I also wouldn't have made Frank Walker my total FA Class of 2007, and Brandon Chillar my total FA Class of 2008, when we had $25+ million under the cap each year.

Just because Greg Jennings has turned into almost a Pro Bowler now after 3 seasons, doesn't mean the guy has done a great job drafting. Eddie Royal put up better rookie numbers this year than Jennings did. Pretending only a genius can make a pick like that in round 2 is pretty naive. Look at the Saints with Marques Colston and Lance Moore. Colston was a 7th rounder. Moore? They ran circles around us this year.

I got new for you: Thompson is about a B/B- overall drafter, which is what his best skill is. It's sure not people skills. It's surely not his aggressiveness in the off-season (ala the Vikings).

As for the injuries excuse: That's hogwash. You think we were playing good defense this year WHILE Barnett was in there? Even when Jenkins was in there, our defense was playing crappy. My boy, Atari Bigby, is the most important injury loss we had this year. He is our (Colts) Bob Sanders. Any of you kids old enough to remember the Colts of 2006 (Super Bowl Champs) during the regular season when he was out? Their RUN defense sucked, was DEAD LAST. But he came back for the playoffs and he made their run defense great all of a sudden. The 8th man in the box, and a guy who doesn't get an OG blocking him. If that safety can read holes, and make tackles, he can stop a running game.

Has Aaron Rouse read angles right this year? Or the injured Atari Bigby? He's not been the same all year.

However, there are many teams who have had more injuries than we have. Look at the Patriots losing Brady in week 1, Adalius Thomas (Pro Bowl OLB), safety Rodney Harrison for the year, etc.... their defense has had BACKUPS who have come in and righted the ship this year.

PACKmanN
12-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Mike Nolan is the PERFECT candidate. He was the Ravens DC before leaving to take the head coaching job in San Francisco. Rey Ryan succeeded Nolan in Baltimore as the DC.

Plus Nolan and McCarthy have worked together and that's why I hope Nolan is the guy. There has been plenty of speculation about it.

Just because Nolan didn't succeed as head coach doesn't mean he can't again become a good D-coordinator. Some of you are too young to have known about Dick LeBeau. He tried his hand out as head coach too, and failed miserably. But since then, he's been teh best D-coordinator in the NFL.

Nolan can run a great 3-4, and knows how to run a 4-3. That would probably be perfect because he can utilize the personnel whatever he thinks fits best.

GB12, I can guarantee you I would have done a better job of handling the Brett Favre situation, for all 4 years he was here, than Ted Thompson has. The guy has a wacky personality. I also wouldn't have made Frank Walker my total FA Class of 2007, and Brandon Chillar my total FA Class of 2008, when we had $25+ million under the cap each year.

Just because Greg Jennings has turned into almost a Pro Bowler now after 3 seasons, doesn't mean the guy has done a great job drafting. Eddie Royal put up better rookie numbers this year than Jennings did. Pretending only a genius can make a pick like that in round 2 is pretty naive. Look at the Saints with Marques Colston and Lance Moore. Colston was a 7th rounder. Moore? They ran circles around us this year.

I got new for you: Thompson is about a B/B- overall drafter, which is what his best skill is. It's sure not people skills. It's surely not his aggressiveness in the off-season (ala the Vikings).

As for the injuries excuse: That's hogwash. You think we were playing good defense this year WHILE Barnett was in there? Even when Jenkins was in there, our defense was playing crappy. My boy, Atari Bigby, is the most important injury loss we had this year. He is our (Colts) Bob Sanders. Any of you kids old enough to remember the Colts of 2006 (Super Bowl Champs) during the regular season when he was out? Their RUN defense sucked, was DEAD LAST. But he came back for the playoffs and he made their run defense great all of a sudden. The 8th man in the box, and a guy who doesn't get an OG blocking him. If that safety can read holes, and make tackles, he can stop a running game.

Has Aaron Rouse read angles right this year? Or the injured Atari Bigby? He's not been the same all year.

However, there are many teams who have had more injuries than we have. Look at the Patriots losing Brady in week 1, Adalius Thomas (Pro Bowl OLB), safety Rodney Harrison for the year, etc.... their defense has had BACKUPS who have come in and righted the ship this year.

we will not run a 34, why are you still here discussing this...its pointless, your trying to make people agree with you but instead your making them hate you as a poster on this site, just stop already.

PackerLegend
12-28-2008, 11:59 AM

Lol you talk about how many injuries their defense has and you put Brady on that list because their isnt enough. Thomas has played in 9 games same as Barnett. Jenkins has played in 4 while Harrison played in 6.

wait...

Harris played in 11
Bigby played in 7 (leaving many early)
Hawk played injured for weeks
Woodson played injured for weeks
Collins played injured for weeks
Rouse played injured when he was starting
Chillar has missed 2 games
Harrell ( suppose to help keep DT's fresh hasnt happened)

Rodgers
Grant
Jones
Hall
Clifton
Tauscher
Wells

Not to mention the fact we basically have a rookie QB and one of the youngest teams. We are learning and if Crosby would have made his 2 fg's at the end of 2 games and we got a lucky bounce in another we would be in the playoffs and this whole conversation wouldnt have happened. Thompson did an awful job of building a team that got us 1 OT away from the superbowl last year.

bigboiajhawk
12-28-2008, 12:00 PM
My boy, Atari Bigby, is the most important injury loss we had this year. He is our (Colts) Bob Sanders. Any of you kids old enough to remember the Colts of 2006 (Super Bowl Champs) during the regular season when he was out? Their RUN defense sucked, was DEAD LAST. But he came back for the playoffs and he made their run defense great all of a sudden. The 8th man in the box, and a guy who doesn't get an OG blocking him. If that safety can read holes, and make tackles, he can stop a running game.

Please dont ever put Atari Bigby and Bob Sanders in the same sentence. Bob Sanders is the heart and soul of their defense, he is their emotional leader. Bigby not so much. That would be the role of Nick Barnett. Bob Sanders is one of the fastest safeties in the league, Bigby not so much. Bigby is a hitter and solid in run defense, pretty much like Rouse. Bigby cannot cover just like Rouse. Bigby is not a playmaker unlike like Rouse. I am on the Bandwagon for getting a new safety( Taylor Mays, Patrick Chung, etc)

GB12
12-28-2008, 03:47 PM
So all we get for Brett Favre is a third.

TitleTown088
12-28-2008, 04:36 PM

What if the Jets win and the Jags win too?

Twiddler
12-28-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm just glad we won that, didn't want to go down in infamy.

And Bigby, notice how I never once said that I knew more than the people running this team. Because I don't, and common sense tells me that, much like it should tell you that you don't know more than Ted Thompson. ******* troll.

Yeah, that kind of sucks but oh well. It's over and done with.

umphrey
12-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Sometimes it's entertaining when posters come on the forum with the attitude that, if they convince us they are right, somehow it will change what decisions the Packers make. Now it's just getting annoying.

Bringing up the Favre situation, that was a complete mess that no one could sweep under the rug. It's a miracle that we got a decent pick out of it and still had a pro bowl level of production out of the QB situation. We wouldn't be any better with Brett at QB. Probably worse because he's so old and slow our OL would have let him get beat to death.

umphrey
12-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Aaron Rodgers 2008 stats

341/546, 63.6%, 4038 yards, 28 TDs, 13 INTs, 93.8 QB rating

10th in completion percentage
4th in yards
3rd in TDs
8th in rating

As a first year starter, and how much I saw him running for his life, that goes way past serviceable. Plus nobody respected our running game and he threw away considerably more passes than most QBs I watched to avoid sacks, and picked up a lot of first downs with his feet.

GB12
12-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Don't forget 4 rushing touchdowns to bring it to 32 total TDs.

Twiddler
12-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Yep, definitely an impressive year by Rodgers and specifically it was an amazing game by him today, especially when considering the conditions and drops by the receivers.

princefielder28
12-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Next year's opponents

HOME
Minnesota
Chicago
Detroit
San Francisco
Seattle
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Dallas

AWAY
Minnesota
Chicago
Detroit
Arizona
St. Louis
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay

umphrey
12-28-2008, 09:36 PM
hey I agreed with BF51. I think an icicle just fell in hell

middlelinebacker54
12-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Aaron Rodgers is already one of the better QB's in the NFL and really the only thing he needs to work on is being more patient in the two minute drill and improving his accuracy on his deep ball. However everyone says hes bad in the two minute drill cuz Crosby has missed two potentially game winning field goals this year and the defense has lost games at the last second but hes not. Rodgers needs to improve in this area but hes much better than most people think at it. People just dont watch the games so they dont see what really happens.

middlelinebacker54
12-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Wow you sound like a total douche.

i totally agree. he keeps saying he played college football but he doesnt mention what school, position, or string he was. obviously he went to some crappy little school and sucked ass and didnt make the team but he still says he "played" college football! lmfao

PackerLegend
12-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Next year's opponents

HOME
Minnesota
Chicago
Detroit
San Francisco
Seattle
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Dallas

AWAY
Minnesota
Chicago
Detroit
Arizona
St. Louis
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay

Not to bad looking right now but who the hell knows how itll shake out next year.

Twiddler
12-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Not to bad looking right now but who the hell knows how itll shake out next year.

Definitely, although it is nice to be playing the NFC West instead of either of the other two. I think that will remain somewhat similar next year in terms of which division is the strongest amongst the NFC.

umphrey
12-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Dallas and Pittsburgh will be hard
Tampa Bay and Arizona are sure to put up a good fight

The rest look very winnable. I am very confident against NFC-N opponents. We pretty much dominated the Vikings and Bears. I don't throw around the term fluke very much but the Bears loss was just that, and the Vikings loss was very close behind. Lions go without mention.

middlelinebacker54
12-28-2008, 11:52 PM
this schedule is perfect for the Packers return to prominence. Mark my words the Packers will be in the playoffs this year. Next year's team will be muched improved with players developing, coming back from injury and improved coaching. In addition, they will most likely add a few good players via the draft, free agency or both. The Packers had a much tougher schedule this year and just got really unlucky. I think as of right now the Packers should easily go at least 10-6.

umphrey
12-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Outlook is good. Heavily depends on injuries, draft, development, and FA though. If we get Peppers or Haynesworth and/or we have a team as healthy as the 07 team then we will be in the playoffs. If we could get just an average RT and Harrell and Jenkins can stay healthy that could be enough right there to boost us into playoffs.

PACKmanN
12-29-2008, 03:32 AM
Most of you guys were still in diapers when I was playing college football in the early 90's. You think you've seen it all?

Whatever you have seen, I've seen triple what you have seen and then some. I don't watch college football every single game, but I have watched the Sunday Ticket since 1994 every week except when I have had to go to games in person. I've seen the pulse of the Ravens and Steelers defense every year.

If anyone here tries to say that their defensive success year-in, year-out is always due to magically having better players, then I'm going to punch you in the mouth if I see you because that's Matt Millen-dumb. They moved from Joey Porter, to James Harrison, a guy nobody drafted, a guy who had been cut many times, a guy who's under 6-feet tall, and now he's the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in that system.

They are good year after year on defense because of their systems and their good coaching. I wouldn't expect anyone over the age of 21 to possibly be dumb enough to argue that fact.

Now, if you say it takes too long to change to a 3-4, you have a sell job to do because other teams have done it. Why can't we with a coach who has done it before? Let me hear why there's no time anymore in the NFL to make a switch. Is the off-season shorter nowadays than it was before?

Also, if you say that our DL and LB talent is JUST TOO GOOD to risk switching systems in between now and 2009, then tell me who these great young players are, and tell me who these guys and why he cannot play a 3-4.

Or do you say that because we have uncharasmatic TT running the show, that we couldn't succeed in luring a top-notch DC like Dick Nolan, or the guy under Dick LeBeau in Pittsburgh.

Explain yourself !

If most of us here were in diapers then leave and go discuss it with older people and see what result you get, they will still tell you its a dumb idea...

Boston
12-29-2008, 03:39 AM
this schedule is perfect for the Packers return to prominence. Mark my words the Packers will be in the playoffs this year. Next year's team will be muched improved with players developing, coming back from injury and improved coaching. In addition, they will most likely add a few good players via the draft, free agency or both. The Packers had a much tougher schedule this year and just got really unlucky. I think as of right now the Packers should easily go at least 10-6.

Umm...do you want to bet on that...?

Yatta!
12-29-2008, 04:46 AM
Yes we get the NFC West next year!

umphrey
12-29-2008, 05:15 AM
Umm...do you want to bet on that...?

Why so pessimistic? We have an easy schedule and a high draft pick. The ninth pick is actually one of the most desirable picks in the draft because there will still be elite talent to choose from but no potentially crippling contract required.

We are well under the cap to make some free agency moves if desired.

If we don't change anything but stay somewhat healthy we are an 8 win team at worst.

Our division doesn't scare me one bit. We dominated all three teams every time we played them, we just forgot to play in the 4th quarter in 2 of those games. Still, had we made two very makeable field goals we would have been 6-0 in the division.

Yatta!
12-29-2008, 06:06 AM
Why so pessimistic? We have an easy schedule and a high draft pick. The ninth pick is actually one of the most desirable picks in the draft because there will still be elite talent to choose from but no potentially crippling contract required.

I think he was commenting that the original post said this year as opposed to next year. We will be in playoff contention next season, no doubt.

umphrey
12-29-2008, 06:18 AM
I see. My mistake for misreading. I kind of have a problem with that.

GB12
12-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Yes we get the NFC West next year!
We said the same thing last year about the NFC South and they swept us. Not that I think the West will be anywhere near what the South was, but you never know

AtariBigby
12-29-2008, 11:39 AM
We said the same thing last year about the NFC South and they swept us. Not that I think the West will be anywhere near what the South was, but you never know
Exactly. Last year we went 4-0 vs the AFC West, this year we went 0-4 vs the NFC South. The difference? 6-10 vs 10-6. We thought the NFC South would be pretty good for us. We should have beaten Carolina and Atlanta. We looked like we were going to beat Tampa Bay, until Brandon Jackson took a screen pass and backset it to Derrick Brooks for Rodgers 1st Int, then the OL, Clifton, decided not to pass block. Of course the Saints killed us because Drew Brees was able to sit in the pocket untouched, and bake cookies back there until his guys got open.

It appears the 49ers could be a very improved team next year, a la the Falcons from this year.
Seattle could bounce back if Hasselbeck gets healthy. They HAD been a playoff team for 5 straight years until this year's injury disaster out there. And they are usually tough in Seattle. Ask Favre.

The Rams are terrible, but with the right additions, they COULD improve.
Then there are the division champion Cardinals, who I think are frauds and who we match up well with anyway. Let's hope we go at least 3-1 vs that division next year, and let's hope Crosby makes game-winning kicks against MN and Chicago instead of missing them.

drowe
12-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Most of you guys were still in diapers when I was playing college football in the early 90's. You think you've seen it all?

Whatever you have seen, I've seen triple what you have seen and then some. I don't watch college football every single game, but I have watched the Sunday Ticket since 1994 every week except when I have had to go to

Explain yourself !

so.......you've watched THAT much football and you still don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. i wouldn't be bragging about that.

but really. congrats. you're the first packer fan to ever say we should've drafted barry sanders instead of tony mandrich. and the randy moss conclusion? PURE BRILLIANCE! you should be the GM...and defensive coordinator. maybe that'll be something you can look into once you hit puberty.

Twiddler
12-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Pretty random, but even though he didn't do much the entire year, yesterday got me excited about the possibilities with Jermichael Finley. Looks like he could possibly have a bright future and he could bring an athletic flexibility to our offense in the future, like when we had him split out wide.

jackalope
12-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Pretty random, but even though he didn't do much the entire year, yesterday got me excited about the possibilities with Jermichael Finley. Looks like he could possibly have a bright future and he could bring an athletic flexibility to our offense in the future, like when we had him split out wide.

Yeah, we didn't have any major rookie contributions this year, but the future looks bright for a the draft class. Jordy, Pat Lee, and Finley all look like future starters. Thompson, Sitton, and Giacomini will all at least be able to contribute.

GB12
12-29-2008, 05:18 PM
We knew that's what we'd get from Finley. It was expected for him to basically take a year to adjust to the NFL game. I think he'll be a nice addition to our offense next season.

GB12
12-29-2008, 06:02 PM
So by gaining 1203 yards rushing Grant made $1.2 million this season. Had he gained 47 more to get to 1250 he would have made $2.2 million. Hooray for saving money.

drowe
12-29-2008, 09:08 PM

yeah. i thought that too. and i thought ryan grant actually looked decent. and i thought a-rodg looked like god on 'roids. driver looked 5 years younger and michael montgomery looked downright capable. then i remembered we were playing the Lions.

AtariBigby
12-30-2008, 01:09 AM
Yeah, we didn't have any major rookie contributions this year, but the future looks bright for a the draft class. Jordy, Pat Lee, and Finley all look like future starters. Thompson, Sitton, and Giacomini will all at least be able to contribute.

What did Pat Lee do to make you say he looks like a future starter?

Anyone have an answer for that one?

jackalope
12-30-2008, 10:19 AM

He didn't do much in the regular season, but he wasn't expected to this year. I thought he made quit a few nice plays in the preseason and showed a lot of promise. It's obviously too early to be sure due to limited playing time, but I would expect him to fill in for Woodson once he leaves/moves to safety.

Whistler6
12-30-2008, 10:21 AM

he made the team, haha. Fact is we have no idea if Pat Lee will be anything in the future because as fans we didn't get to see jack of him. The Packer's coaching obviously knows more than we do though, sooo I guess we wait and see..

Anyone read the article about Greg Jennings talking contract extension? He said if he could, he would have it written in his contract that Donald Driver would not be traded or let go for several more years. I guess that was because there is some rumors as Driver is aging and our WR's are set for the future, he might be traded or something of the sort

What a teammate.

AtariBigby
12-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Note about our division rivals to the west:

The Vikings must sell 20,000 tickets by Thursday, or the first home playoff game in years could be blacked out.

princefielder28
12-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Winston Moss will be interviewed by the St. Louis Rams for the head coaching vacancy.

Boston
12-30-2008, 03:58 PM
We don't need another linebacker. Any linebacker can look like a god with a good defensive line in front of them, and we didn't have one this year.

Twiddler
12-30-2008, 04:01 PM
We don't need another linebacker. Any linebacker can look like a god with a good defensive line in front of them, and we didn't have one this year.

Exactly, and with that being said I don't think we need to do anything about the RB position because its kind of the same thing. If our line improves Grant can very well be a serviceable back.

AtariBigby
12-30-2008, 05:56 PM
....drafting a linebacker high would be a big mistake........and I think we'd be much better off spending that pick on someone to help with one of the lines (whether offensive or defensive).......... Although I don't really know the high end prospects in this draft yet so I'm not sure who it would be.

You don't know who the high end prospects are, but you're giving out advice on what positions to draft and not to draft. Classic.

mqtirishfan
12-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Winston Moss will be interviewed by the St. Louis Rams for the head coaching vacancy.

To be honest, it wouldn't shock me if he got the job.

Twiddler
12-30-2008, 06:25 PM
You don't know who the high end prospects are, but you're giving out advice on what positions to draft and not to draft. Classic.

I'm saying what positions on our team could use some help. That's it. Why the **** would I need to know a lot about current college football players in order to know that the Packers don't need to draft a high end LB if they are going to keep the same system? Is that so hard to get? Get off your high horse and maybe you'll be able to understand what the rest of us are saying.

PACKmanN
12-30-2008, 10:09 PM
what are some people's thoughts about bringing in Rick Dennison as our o-line coach now that they are cleaning house in Denver? he has really built that line with who ever they are giving him to work with.

GB12
12-30-2008, 11:32 PM
what are some people's thoughts about bringing in Rick Dennison as our o-line coach now that they are cleaning house in Denver? he has really built that line with who ever they are giving him to work with.
Not a bad idea, but he'd probably try to get another coordinator job and might follow Shanahan wherever he goes. I also have a feeling the McCarthy wouldn't cut ties with James Campen.

johbur
12-31-2008, 12:44 AM

I'm not too disappointed with the job Campen has done, considering that TT hasn't exactly brought in name draftees, hasn't brought in good vets and the line hasn't been super healthy.

That being said, Dennison seems to churn out 1000 yard RBs behind that line and he's done it so long that he'd be a good acquisition. Under his coaching, Clady got two votes for OROY.

Picking him or sticking with Campien is a win-win, IMO.

AtariBigby
12-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Campman has done a decent enough job with what he has been provided with. See my signature.... it's not like he's (Campen) has been given any Jake Longs or Ryan Clady's or Jeff Otah's, Steve Hutchinson kinda guys to work with and yet we produced Ryan Grant into a household name and a 1200-yard rusher this year. That ain't too bad.

As for the Denver guy, I like our running game this year and last year a lot better than Denver's, actually. Something about that team.... they can't keep RBs healthy.

Whistler6
01-01-2009, 11:47 AM
New Year's resolution... STOP saying *we or *us when referring to the football team we are fans of. We don't need to make offseason moves, or change coaches. *They as in the Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers, etc need to.

haha..sorry, pet peeve

TitleTown088
01-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Stock "retired". Perhaps Sanders is next.

woodnick
01-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Hey guys, theres a forum mock thats being set up if anybody is interested. There are still something like 12 GM spots available if people are interested.

For people that haven't participated in a forum mock in the past they should check it out, they are tons of fun.

Sign-up deadline is tonight, so try to hurry.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...t=28445&page=3

EvilMonkey
01-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Stock "retired". Perhaps Sanders is next.

one can only hope....

PACKmanN
01-03-2009, 01:22 PM
rumors are he will be gone pretty soon.

TitleTown088
01-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Look for Eugene Parker, the agent for Packers WR Greg Jennings, to quietly and unobtrusively lay the groundwork for a new contract for his client, using the six-year, $42 million deal that Bernard Berrian received from the Vikings as a model. Berrian’s deal included $16 million in guaranteed money.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/nfcnorth010309.htm

That would be a bit of a steal for the Packers compared to Berrian.

PACKmanN
01-03-2009, 05:03 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/nfcnorth010309.htm

That would be a bit of a steal for the Packers compared to Berrian.

I'm guessing 6 years 55 million and 19.5-20 million grantee.

TitleTown088
01-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm guessing 6 years 55 million and 19.5-20 million grantee.

If they're working off of Berrian's deal as reported, that would be a pretty large deviation.

bearsfan_51
01-03-2009, 05:20 PM
It's always much cheaper to resign your own players than it is to sign players on the open market.

djp
01-03-2009, 05:20 PM
If they're working off of Berrian's deal as reported, that would be a pretty large deviation.

Yes, but if that guy is any sort of agent he will get Jennings a bigger deal since he's exponentially more valuable than Berrian

djp
01-03-2009, 05:23 PM
It's always much cheaper to resign your own players than it is to sign players on the open market.

That is true, but Jennings didn't have the huge rookie deal like most young WR's that are at his level.

bearsfan_51
01-03-2009, 05:25 PM
That is true, but Jennings didn't have the huge rookie deal like most young WR's that are at his level.

That's not really the point, they would be giving him guaranteed money with a year left on his contract (I'm assuming it's up in 2009). He's taking less money for more immediate financial security. If anything, the lack of a massive contract the first time around is going to give him more incentive to get something done.

This is why teams are so eager to lock up key players a year or two before they hit free agency.

GB12
01-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Whatever we give Jennings is ok with me. He's worth it all.

PackerLegend
01-03-2009, 08:46 PM

Exactly, Jennings is the man and if we let him escape somehow I would go up to Lambeau and kill Ted Thompson myself! Not only has he been a great player but a good person as well. Not a T.O. , Ocho type open their mouth person. Actually most people on are team are pretty good at keeping quite and it needs to stay that way.

EvilMonkey
01-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Exactly, Jennings is the man and if we let him escape somehow I would go up to Lambeau and kill Ted Thompson myself! Not only has he been a great player but a good person as well. Not a T.O. , Ocho type open their mouth person. Actually most people on are team are pretty good at keeping quite and it needs to stay that way.

yeah, we've had pretty good character guys for the most part for a while here.

Whistler6
01-03-2009, 09:29 PM

Without a doubt... Pay, the, man.

He even said in an interview that if there was somehow he could have it written into his contract that Donald Driver would not be let go or traded he would. Stand up guy, stand up teammate. Gotta love the Rodgers-Jennings connection for several years to come (hopefully)

Twiddler
01-03-2009, 10:15 PM

He even said in an interview that if there was somehow he could have it written into his contract that Donald Driver would not be let go or traded he would. Stand up guy, stand up teammate. Gotta love the Rodgers-Jennings connection for several years to come (hopefully)

That's good to see that they have that kind of relationship going together. As for Jennings, I wholeheartedly agree with everyone else but I don't doubt for a second that TT will lock him up longterm if he can, much like he did with Rodgers.

GB12
01-03-2009, 10:29 PM

Yeah, I saw that too. Even if Jennings didn't say that Driver should be a Packer his whole career.

PACKmanN
01-03-2009, 11:07 PM

I think that is just the starting point for the deal. Jennings is a better player then Berrian and every year the cap for the players get higher.

AtariBigby
01-03-2009, 11:20 PM
I'd say 6 years 48-50 million and 16-18 million guaranteed.
Jennings is a class act person, comes from a great family with real parents. Two of them actually in his life who taught him good things.

I think both his parents are pastors. You guys are correct, he's no MeShawn or TO, Ocho Cinco, etc....

We need to lock in Jennings and Collins. I thought those guys deserved it sooner and more than Rodgers did, hopefully it works out.

PACKmanN
01-04-2009, 06:56 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/01/breaking-news-packers-fire-sanders/

YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

princefielder28
01-04-2009, 06:58 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/01/breaking-news-packers-fire-sanders/

YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):)