PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

Yatta!
05-27-2009, 10:42 AM
When you think about it I suppose it's not that unexpected. Woodson could play some safety again and Bush/Blackmon have too much special teams value according to the FO. I think the last DB spot on the roster comes down to Rouse or Underwood.

I'm in Rouse's camp though, I think he's shown enough to be kept around.

cuzifelt1ikeit
05-27-2009, 01:07 PM
i thought rouse had been in danger of being cut this entire off season. also if matthews is anything other then a starter week 1 it will be a dissappointment.

TitleTown088
05-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Holy crap. ol' Frank Tarkenton rips into Favre

In an interview with 790 The Zone, Tarkenton called Favre's dalliance with Minnesota "despicable" and said he wants Favre to sign with the Vikings "so he can fail." Tarkenton added: "How would you like Ray Nitschke in his last year [playing for] the Vikings? Or I retire, and go play for the Packers?"

"I think he has been a great flamboyant quarterback, but he has made more stupid plays than any great quarterback that I've ever seen. Look at his final game in a Packers uniform. He blew that game [NFC championship] against the Giants. He's playing against Eli Manning. I love Eli Manning, but he's still not a great quarterback. He's not Peyton yet, or Tom Brady. He's just a guy. And they're [Packers] are playing at home, and they're in a tight situation, they went to overtime and he [Favre] throws the interception that allows them [the Giants] to come back and win the game. He has done that and driven his coaches crazy all of his career."

TitleTown088
05-27-2009, 05:39 PM
The return of defensive tackle/end Justin Harrell to the field was probably the biggest surprise. It is not clear how much Harrell practiced, but his inclusion means the Packers passed him on his physical and feel better about his chronic back problems.

hopefully the cupcake can stay on the feild

ChezPower4
05-27-2009, 09:25 PM
hopefully the cupcake can stay on the feild

We should all keep our fingers crossed

Burger
05-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Harrell will show why he is not a bust this year.

PACKmanN
05-28-2009, 10:26 AM
I will sig bet anyone that Harrell will starting at DE this year.

TitleTown088
05-28-2009, 11:35 AM
I will sig bet anyone that Harrell will starting at DE this year.

Is that supposed to be going out on a limb?

I think evertyone hopes that's the case, and if he's healthy it should be.

The reason Collins was out was because his dad died.

TitleTown088
05-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Matthews is hurt :( and out of OTA's today. at leased they say its minor.

Defense is getting carved by offense. Abundant running lanes. Zero pressure on rodgers

While its expected from the first few practices its still not fun to hear.

Also, Raji was playing a lot of DE, not NT.

I don't like the concept of twitter, but man is it cool for packer updates!

http://twitter.com/Greg_A_Bedard

TitleTown088
05-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Packers beat writer Greg Bedard reports on his Twitter page that Aaron Kampman has refused to discuss his switch from end to outside linebacker during offseason activities.

Bedard says the "Packers even urged him to talk," and speculates that "There's a problem there. Big time." Kampman was the subject of pre-draft trade rumors and is in the last year of his contract. He's showing up, but may want a new deal after posting 38 sacks over the last three seasons.

Well there is something to talk about.

I don't buy it. Kampman is too good of guy and he's out there practicing...

jackalope
05-28-2009, 03:41 PM
God I hate the defensive switch. It seems very unlike Kampman to do that, but if he's not on board and doesn't perform the whole switch will likely blow up in our face.

TitleTown088
05-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Well, time for some good news. Tramon Williams Signed. One year.

and

Justin Harrell said his back has been painfree for ~4 weeks. "I’ve just got to go out and work as long as I can and hope for the best."

princefielder28
05-28-2009, 05:52 PM
i can understand why Kampman is upset; he's a more effective player with his hand down and now he's forced to stand up and play backer.

Yatta!
05-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Good news about Williams, bad news about Kampman but I doubt it's that big a deal.

TitleTown088
05-28-2009, 07:42 PM
So with Raji at DE in practice it seems there there would be a lineup of LE Raji, NT Pickett, RE Harrell in certain circumstances. Try to run the rock on that line, s'not happening.
Greg also reported that it was primarily press coverage ran in practice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I was thinking today,not that draft position is overly important, its interesting that in the front 7 there is Raji Hawk Matthews Pickett Barnett and Harell who are 1st rounders.

princefielder28
05-28-2009, 08:23 PM
So with Raji at DE in practice it seems there there would be a lineup of LE Raji, NT Pickett, RE Harrell in certain circumstances. Try to run the rock on that line, s'not happening.
Also, I was thinking today,not that draft position is overly important, its interesting that in the front 7 there is Raji Hawk Matthews Pickett Barnett and Harell who are 1st rounders.

Assuming everyone stays healthy, Dom Capers and Mike Trgovac will be able to use some creativity along the line, and that should be exciting to watch what they come up with. Of course that could all end real quick with another Harrell injury and if Jolly's legal issues don't play out positively then we're restricted moreso on what we'd like to do.

princefielder28
05-28-2009, 08:47 PM
The Nick Collins situation was the main topic today on the Green Bay sports talk radio, and the main consensus was that this family "situation" is based around his contract situation. When mandatory mini-camps take place, then we'll have a better clue of the legitimacy of the family problem.

I hope Nick is smarter than that and takes the high road and plays for his contract. Management needs to get the rookies taken care of, and then look at the current roster for extensions. Once they get there, Collins is down the list a bit because Jennings, Colledge and Kampman all sit above him and others will draw similar consideration.

Boston
05-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Won't Kampmen be playing with his hand down on most 3rd downs?

princefielder28
05-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Won't Kampmen be playing with his hand down on most 3rd downs?

That's still two downs, the majority of the snaps, where he may be taken out of his comfort zone; I'm just speculating so I can't say with certainty that a lack of comfort is the reason for the dissatisfaction with the new defense.

GB12
05-28-2009, 10:04 PM
The Nick Collins situation was the main topic today on the Green Bay sports talk radio, and the main consensus was that this family "situation" is based around his contract situation. When mandatory mini-camps take place, then we'll have a better clue of the legitimacy of the family problem.

I hope Nick is smarter than that and takes the high road and plays for his contract. Management needs to get the rookies taken care of, and then look at the current roster for extensions. Once they get there, Collins is down the list a bit because Jennings, Colledge and Kampman all sit above him and others will draw similar consideration.
His father died. I'd call that pretty legit.

jackalope
05-28-2009, 10:26 PM

That's great, I love the way our corners play and I don't trust Harris in a zone.

This is the first I've heard of the Collins situation, but I would agree that your dad dieing is a pretty good excuse.

Burger
05-28-2009, 10:29 PM
That's great, I love the way our corners play and I don't trust Harris in a zone.

This is the first I've heard of the Collins situation, but I would agree that your dad dieing is a pretty good excuse.

Thompson might of hit on Harrell if he is going to start.

princefielder28
05-28-2009, 10:33 PM
His father died. I'd call that pretty legit.

I missed that about two weeks ago two, so that's my mistake.

that's the last time i listen to green bay's sports radio...huge idiots

tjsunstein
05-28-2009, 10:35 PM
A lot of news here compared to recent days.

The Collins situation is very understandable. He's a pro bowl safety going through a lot right now. I think he can take a few days off because of the passing but when the season comes I expect him to be ready as ready can be.

I find the Kampman on mute story a little suspect. If it's true then we have a problem. We have an umproven (at the position), unhappy Kampman as our main rushbacker. If we sign him we have an unproven rush linebacker with a big deal and if he fails then we're tied up. But, if he does well after we sign him then it's all good and we may have saved some money. I trust management will make the right call.

jackalope
05-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Thompson might of hit on Harrell if he is going to start.

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Burger
05-28-2009, 10:55 PM
I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Like, harrell would not be a bust if he proved himself.

Whistler6
05-29-2009, 01:15 AM

I was listening just today... Collins' agent said that regardless if his father had passed on, he would *not* be attending as of right now. Did I mis something?

umphrey
05-29-2009, 02:56 AM
I think everyone is overreacting on Kampman. He hasn't said anything...never complained though. Kampman hardly ever talks to the media. This isn't out of the ordinary for him.

Yatta!
05-29-2009, 03:01 AM
Bit of an odd day yesterday, what about the story of Driver wanting to renegotiate his contract as well? Again, he's a guy that you think would be a practice and hope that it works itself out rather than making a stand.

princefielder28
05-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Bit of an odd day yesterday, what about the story of Driver wanting to renegotiate his contract as well? Again, he's a guy that you think would be a practice and hope that it works itself out rather than making a stand.

Here's an article about Driver's situation

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/46411362.html

It says his absence isn't due to the contract.

Nick Collins, even with his father's death, is a different story

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090528/PKR01/90528147/1058

PACKmanN
05-29-2009, 05:10 PM
I said in the past, Kampman is not a 3-4 OLB, he is a bull rusher who has great strength and allows on the move; his skill set does not fit what is required out of a 3-4 OLB.

I understand why he is questioning the switch; he wants the best for him during his last year. No one can call anyone really a nice guy when it comes down to money, he has been underpaid for the last 3 years.

TitleTown088
05-29-2009, 05:22 PM

Yeah they said hes sitting out OTAs in protest. Not cool.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/packers/452893

princefielder28
05-29-2009, 05:23 PM
I said in the past, Kampman is not a 3-4 OLB, he is a bull rusher who has great strength and allows on the move; his skill set does not fit what is required out of a 3-4 OLB.

I understand why he is questioning the switch; he wants the best for him during his last year. No one can call anyone really a nice guy when it comes down to money, he has been underpaid for the last 3 years.

I'm gonna make an early prediction; Aaron Kampman will be a member of the St. Louis Rams in 2010. I know he loves it in Green Bay and has a house in Suamico, next to Scott Wells (funny because he may be on his way out of town), but I see him going to a system that will utilize his abilities best.

TitleTown088
05-29-2009, 05:26 PM

This will give ya a boner Packmann

Trgovac on Harrell: "He's perfect. He fits it very well. I've been very pleased with the way Justin has approached this offseason. I have not been with him in the past so I can't speak to the past. But he's been very determined, he's moving very well and he's very focused right now and he's just naturally a bright kid. I've been very pleased with his effort so far. He wants to learn, he wants to know all the little ins and outs of the defense and he picks things up very quickly. he doesn't make a mistake very often. Or he doesn't make a mistake twice very often."

princefielder28
05-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah they said hes sitting out OTAs in protest. Not cool.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/packers/452893

As much as I love Donald Driver, the team can not give him a new deal. He'll be 36 when his deal is over and even though he's in great physical condition you never know when a receiver will just fall apart (see Marvin Harrison).

TitleTown088
05-29-2009, 05:44 PM
As much as I love Donald Driver, the team can not give him a new deal. He'll be 36 when his deal is over and even though he's in great physical condition you never know when a receiver will just fall apart (see Marvin Harrison).

Apparently it's not an issue.... Again. Wisconsin sports journal is crap.

ut in an email, Driver’s agent, Jordan Woy, said Driver’s contract is not at issue.

“Donald is training in Texas,” Woy wrote. “It is not a mandatory camp and the Packers understand this.”

Jsonline

ChezPower4
05-29-2009, 06:05 PM

I agree he is way too old to invest top WR money in. That money should be used to sign other young players such as Gennings and our unsigned rookies.

Yatta!
05-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Apparently there has been contact about reworking Driver's contract and he'll be at the mandatory camps.
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Also I read somewhere that Driver has redone his contract two out of the best three years or something and IIRC Jennings said he would take less money if it kept Driver around. Maybe it's not out of the question that something gets done.

TitleTown088
05-29-2009, 07:01 PM
So three papers are reporting differently....

We have had some talks about Donald's contract," agent Jordan Woy said in an email to the Press-Gazette today.

jackalope
05-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Wow, it's not like the Packers to have a lot of upset players. The Collins situation is a bit troubling; they should definitely extend him as soon as the can. Hopefully the Driver situation turns out to be nothing. If the 3-4 causes Kampman to leave, that alone almost makes it a failure. Funny that Harrell is the only bright spot right now.

ChezPower4
05-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Wow, it's not like the Packers to have a lot of upset players. The Collins situation is a bit troubling; they should definitely extend him as soon as the can. Hopefully the Driver situation turns out to be nothing. If the 3-4 causes Kampman to leave, that alone almost makes it a failure. Funny that Harrell is the only bright spot right now.

If Kampman doesn't want to resign with us because of the switch it would suck but it wouldn't be the end of the world. Better him doing us a favor by leaving a system that he fells he's no good in then us signing him, and have an overpaid, unproductive OLB.

If he were to leave I think that TT has to do everything he can to trade him so we can get some kind of value for him, rather then letting him just walk out the door.

PACKmanN
05-30-2009, 11:33 AM

idk about you guys, but the pic of him on the Packers site has him looking a lot similar than last year. IMO, the Packers want him to start, but they want him to "earn" it.

btw, whats up with players on our roster always wanting more money while they are still under contract...Walker, Harris, Grant, Driver(2nd time, 3rd time, 4th time, idk i lost count), Collins, etc...

it gets annoying after a while.

PACKmanN
05-30-2009, 11:34 AM
I think everyone is overreacting on Kampman. He hasn't said anything...never complained though. Kampman hardly ever talks to the media. This isn't out of the ordinary for him.

I read somewhere that this is strange from Kampman, because he is always open to speaking to the media, or something like that.

Burger
05-30-2009, 10:53 PM

I have a big erection.

Burger
05-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Mason Crosby says he can kick past the longest field goal record, almost made a 69 yarder

Zycho32
05-31-2009, 12:35 PM
As far as Mason Crosby is concerned, weren't people making the same claim about Sebastian Janikowski back when he was just getting into college?

Don't get me wrong; seeing Crosby actually break that record would be cool as all hell. I just find the accuracy needed in such a case to go beyond a kicker's skill and venture into 'grace-of-chosen-diety' territory.

jackalope
05-31-2009, 03:16 PM
I just bought a Mark Chmura jersey from Goodwill. It's huge on me (XXL, I'm a L), but it was only $4, so I'm happy.

Whistler6
05-31-2009, 03:35 PM
I have a big erection.

Ummm...?

And about the previous poster, Chmura jersey = NICE

johbur
05-31-2009, 04:10 PM
I have a big erection.

Speaking of tools, is it just coach speak blathering on about Harrell to make it seam like he's actually going to play this year? TT has taken a lot of abuse on Harrell, and given the money the kid's making it'd sure be nice if he weren't a absolute and total bust.

The article about Harrell and the "alternative medicine" chiropractor was interesting. If Harrell is actually going to play, he and Raji could transform that d-line. Harrell, Raji, Pickett, Jenkins, Jolly, Montgomery (not sure until TC and the legal and health issues shake out on who the 6 DL will be) is a pretty solid gorup for the 3-4, with enough bodies to rotate and keep guys fresh in the 4th Q.

ChezPower4
06-01-2009, 12:30 AM
I just bought a Mark Chmura jersey from Goodwill. It's huge on me (XXL, I'm a L), but it was only $4, so I'm happy.

Epic win!!

TitleTown088
06-01-2009, 12:36 AM
There's a perverted Chmura joke or two in there somewhere.

TitleTown088
06-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Meh, Matthews is till hurt. I'd really like to be hearing about him participating in OTAs. Raji finally worked at NT today.

Also, it's beginning to sound like Barbre may have RT virtually locked down before TC begins.

ChezPower4
06-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Meh, Matthews is till hurt. I'd really like to be hearing about him participating in OTAs. Raji finally worked at NT today.

Also, it's beginning to sound like Barbre may have RT virtually locked down before TC begins.

I hope Matthews can get healthy for training camp.

TitleTown088
06-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh he'll be back well before training camp. Just a strained hammy.

Without the benefit of getting feedback from the assistant coaches, my observation was that Kampman really struggled at times today in this 3-4. Though head coach Mike McCarthy had nothing but praise for Kampman after practice, I saw No. 74 frequently meet a wall of blocking by Allen Barbre. Kampman even fell to his knee once trying to bull rush Barbre. Another time, Kampman went inside and was shut down by Barbre, cut outside and was met by equal resistance. All Kampman could do was pull away from the blocking and chase scrambling Aaron Roders down the sideline seconds later.

TitleTown088
06-03-2009, 04:52 PM
And..
http://packerslounge.com/wp-content/uploads/images-20boobs2.jpg

ChezPower4
06-03-2009, 05:26 PM
And..
http://packerslounge.com/wp-content/uploads/images-20boobs2.jpg

Greg Jennings is awesome but to say he's cooler than tits..... That's pushin it.

Now if Jennings grew some tits?

TitleTown088
06-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Greg Jennings is awesome but to say he's cooler than tits..... That's pushin it.

Now if Jennings grew some tits?

You want a hermaphrodite receiver?

jackalope
06-03-2009, 09:18 PM
The Greg Jennings chart is hilarious.

You guys may think I'm weird, but I was back at Goodwill today; Don Beebe jersey for $4, and it fits!

ChezPower4
06-03-2009, 10:08 PM
You want a hermaphrodite receiver?

now that you put it that way....

johbur
06-04-2009, 12:32 AM
There's a perverted Chmura joke or two in there somewhere.

Ain't that the truth! What was that tool thinking? I expect such behavior from the Vikes, Bengals and Cowboys, but I thought Chmura had more going on in his cerebral cortex than to party with teens in a hot tub, and whatever else that tool did.

cvv84
06-05-2009, 01:52 PM

Where are you hearing that at? I think that the Packers want Breno Giacomini to be their RT but seeing that he's recovering from offseason surgery its opened the door for guys like Barbre and Lang.

I'm very curious to see how our offense line will shape up this year. You have Clifton, Colledge, and Spitz locked in as starters with 5-7 guys fighting for 2 jobs. I'm also interested to see where Duke Preston fits into things.

TitleTown088
06-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Where are you hearing that at? I think that the Packers want Breno Giacomini to be their RT but seeing that he's recovering from offseason surgery its opened the door for guys like Barbre and Lang.

Just from conjecture... Giacomini not being able to see the field and Barbre seemingly doing a good job there so far this off season. Barbre may have the position won before Giacomini gets the chance to fight for it.

Whistler6
06-05-2009, 11:47 PM
http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/2009_non_game/video_20090603__42%20f83762f227__60146117bf3e/

Watch the Barnett interview...His hair is fricken awesome.

johbur
06-06-2009, 01:35 AM

I'm very curious to see how our offense line will shape up this year. You have Clifton, Colledge, and Spitz locked in as starters with 5-7 guys fighting for 2 jobs. I'm also interested to see where Duke Preston fits into things.

Check the jsonline on the Kampman article. Barbre was a stonewall in front of Kampman, which impresses me lot given how awesome AK is.

ChezPower4
06-06-2009, 04:51 AM
Check the jsonline on the Kampman article. Barbre was a stonewall in front of Kampman, which impresses me lot given how awesome AK is.

Nice to see that Barbre is putting all the raw talent together and developing into a solid player.

Yatta!
06-06-2009, 06:59 AM
http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/2009_non_game/video_20090603__42%20f83762f227__60146117bf3e/

Watch the Barnett interview...His hair is fricken awesome.

Kampman needs to get a crazy haircut. The awesomeness rating of our LBs would go off the charts.

the dude
06-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Kampman needs to get a crazy haircut. The awesomeness rating of our LBs would go off the charts.

"the kampmullet"

that would be epic

AJHawk50
06-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Everyone feels the need for longer/different hair on D it seems. :P

cvv84
06-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Oh great, Favre has undergone arthroscopic surgery to fix the torn biceps in his throwing arm, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen. I guess we'll get to watch another Favre-filled week of ESPN banter...

ChezPower4
06-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Ughhh, not more Favre to the Vikings talk

AJHawk50
06-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I thought it finally ended, at least I hoped so.

ChezPower4
06-07-2009, 05:21 PM
I thought it finally ended, at least I hoped so.

I thought the same thing

cvv84
06-07-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't think that Favre in a Vikings uniform would even be the difference for them. I mean the Vikings have an offense simular to the Jets in that they have a solid offensive line, descent receiving options, and rely heavily on the run game. The Jets lost to some bad teams last year too such as the Raiders, Broncos, 49ers, Seahawks, and the 8-8 Chargers.

The Bears should be better with Jay Cutler under center, the Lions can't get any worse than last year, and we only lost our 2nd game verse the Vikings last year but 1 point - and even then we had a shot at a 52 yard FG to win the game.

ChezPower4
06-08-2009, 12:16 AM
I don't think that Favre in a Vikings uniform would even be the difference for them. I mean the Vikings have an offense simular to the Jets in that they have a solid offensive line, descent receiving options, and rely heavily on the run game. The Jets lost to some bad teams last year too such as the Raiders, Broncos, 49ers, Seahawks, and the 8-8 Chargers.

The Bears should be better with Jay Cutler under center, the Lions can't get any worse than last year, and we only lost our 2nd game verse the Vikings last year but 1 point - and even then we had a shot at a 52 yard FG to win the game.

The Jets did not have this man running the ball

http://westcoastnonsense.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/adrian-peterson.jpg

Nor did the Jets have a top 10 defense. I also think that the Jets poor play the last 4 games was a direct result of Favre being injured.

cvv84
06-08-2009, 08:39 AM
The Jets did not have this man running the ball

http://westcoastnonsense.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/adrian-peterson.jpg

Nor did the Jets have a top 10 defense. I also think that the Jets poor play the last 4 games was a direct result of Favre being injured.

Well obviously Peterson is better than Jones and I was only comparing offenses. The Jets only put up 13 points against Oakland, 17 points against Denver, 14 points against San Fran, and 3 points against Seattle. Favre also didn't have a single 300 yard passing game and only through for 3 TDs in a game twice.

ChezPower4
06-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Well obviously Peterson is better than Jones and I was only comparing offenses. The Jets only put up 13 points against Oakland, 17 points against Denver, 14 points against San Fran, and 3 points against Seattle. Favre also didn't have a single 300 yard passing game and only through for 3 TDs in a game twice.

All of those games except the Denver game were away games in which the Jets had to travel approximately 3,000 miles each time they went to the west coast, and on top of that the Jets were a team that didn't play that well on the road.

Did you expect Favre to have a statistical year in 2008 like he did in 2007? I sure didn't, he was playing with new players and had to learn somewhat of a new offense in an extremely short period of time. I expected him to have a sub par season and he did. Even though he didn't have great passing stats the Jets still won 9 games and went to the playoffs.

umphrey
06-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Did you expect Favre to have a statistical year in 2008 like he did in 2007? I sure didn't, he was playing with new players and had to learn somewhat of a new offense in an extremely short period of time. I expected him to have a sub par season and he did. Even though he didn't have great passing stats the Jets still won 9 games and went to the playoffs.

Actually Favre fell apart in the 2nd half of the season and the Jets went on a losing streak (last 4 games I believe) to miss the playoffs.

cvv84
06-08-2009, 01:55 PM
All of those games except the Denver game were away games in which the Jets had to travel approximately 3,000 miles each time they went to the west coast, and on top of that the Jets were a team that didn't play that well on the road.

All teams travel and the Jets aren't the only team that had to travel coast to coast to play games. That a pretty poor excuse if you ask me. Did I expect Favre to repeat his 2007 performance? Not at all. But looking at the talent on offense for the Jets, whom by the way ran a very simular offense to the Packers and to which Favre had nearly an entire training camp and preseason with, and putting up the poor performances that he did doesn't make me feel that he can be the difference maker for the Vikings and their simular offensive talent to that of the Jets. The Vikings will still be that team that relies on running the ball and stopping the run. Favre is still better than any QB on their roster but I just think its foolish to anoint them a 12 win team with Favre like ESPN is when the entire division has improved.

Yatta!
06-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Favre is still better than any QB on their roster but I just think its foolish to anoint them a 12 win team with Favre like ESPN is when the entire division has improved.

They were a 10 win team last year and by all accounts have had a good offseason. A serviceable QB makes them favourites for the division with a solid shot at making a Superbowl run.

GB12
06-08-2009, 02:43 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/47211732.html#comments

I hate Packer fans.

umphrey
06-08-2009, 03:41 PM

I hate Packer fans.

Man I read about 5 posts in and that is brutal. I saw that blog post earlier today and immediately wrote it off a bit when I saw Childress was at 11.

I'm only saying this once because I don't want to talk about it again or start an argument but I've been secretly hoping Favre goes to MN because I think he'll make them a worse team. I also find it ironic that Favre has put us in this situation at least 3 times, not knowing if he's going to come back, and now he's managed to put the Vikings in the same situation without ever signing a contract. Maybe he planned all this...
2008- "Well time to retire but I'm not going home to sit in front of the tube with the wife all day, I'll get the Packers a draft pick!"
2009- "Why does everyone want me to go cut my damn grass? I'd rather see how long I can screw with the Vikings!"
...I wish

And a final thought, I feel less and less comfortable with the Kampman situation every day. Not so much because I've been reading into what the media has said. I think they are pumping up the story because it's the dry off season. I've just been paying more attention to history and stats. I see Kampman lucky to have an average season for a OLB, and that would be seen as a failure by most. He's going to be held to his own high standards and not come close, IMO.

cvv84
06-08-2009, 03:42 PM
They were a 10 win team last year and by all accounts have had a good offseason. A serviceable QB makes them favourites for the division with a solid shot at making a Superbowl run.

Yeah a 10 win team in the weakest divison in football. Now the division has gotten much better with the addition of Cutler to the Bears and I also expect the Lions to play alot tougher this year. Not too mention it will be Rodgers 2nd year as a starter. Yes Favre makes them reputable but they're still the same run the ball and stop the run team. With or without Favre I still see them as a 10 win team, tops.

princefielder28
06-08-2009, 03:58 PM

I hate Packer fans.

Too much hate towards MM. I would rate him 2nd in the division behind Lovie with Schwartz 3rd and Childress last. Childress is so frickin' lost during a game that it is laughable. Tavaris Jackson? Ryan Cook at RT? Trying to pound the rock on the right side of the line? Whoever did the rating has lost any credibility. MM isn't perfect and he has his moments of blame, but he has a better grasp on gameday and puts his players in a better position to be successful than Childress.

ChezPower4
06-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah a 10 win team in the weakest divison in football.

I don't think our division was as bad as the NFC West last season.

princefielder28
06-08-2009, 04:06 PM

or the AFC West

cvv84
06-08-2009, 04:21 PM

NFC North 25-39
NFC West 22-42
AFC West 25-39

Either way the NFC North has been one of the weakest divison in football over the past 5-7 years.

princefielder28
06-08-2009, 04:24 PM
NFC North 25-39
NFC West 22-42
AFC West 25-39

Either way the NFC North has been one of the weakest divison in football over the past 5-7 years.

That's a bit skewed because of the Lions' 0-16 record and let's remember the AFC West Champion was 8-8, impressive!

cvv84
06-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Too much hate towards MM. I would rate him 2nd in the division behind Lovie with Schwartz 3rd and Childress last. Childress is so frickin' lost during a game that it is laughable. Tavaris Jackson? Ryan Cook at RT? Trying to pound the rock on the right side of the line? Whoever did the rating has lost any credibility. MM isn't perfect and he has his moments of blame, but he has a better grasp on gameday and puts his players in a better position to be successful than Childress.

Well I would put Childress 3rd since Swartz hasn't even a single game under his belt as the Lions head coach. And honestly I think it would be a toss up with McCarthy and Smith. Considering McCarthy is an offensive minded coach and Smith a defensive minded coach, McCarthy has managed to have a top 10 offense year in every year besides his rookie year while Smith has taken what was a top 5 defense and dropped them into a middle of the pack or less defense. Childress just looked out having Adrian Peterson fall to them in the draft but remember before they landed Peterson the Vikings were reportedly close to firing him and their fans were calling for his head.

cvv84
06-08-2009, 04:29 PM
That's a bit skewed because of the Lions' 0-16 record and let's remember the AFC West Champion was 8-8, impressive!

How can you skew a teams record? It is what it is. Should we take out the Rams and 49ers too because they only won 2 games?

princefielder28
06-08-2009, 04:35 PM
How can you skew a teams record? It is what it is. Should we take out the Rams and 49ers too because they only won 2 games?

The NFC North is much more competitive and at a higher level than the two West divisions. For this discussion, let's dismiss the AFC West b/c they couldn't manage to have a team over .500. now look at the NFC West; they were a one team show, the Arizona Cardinals. The other three teams were picking in the top 10 of the draft. The Cardinals were only 9-7 in the regular season too with a 3-7 record outside of the division; the NFC West won a total of 10 games outside of the division. The division sucks.

cvv84
06-08-2009, 04:38 PM
The NFC North is much more competitive and at a higher level than the two West divisions. For this discussion, let's dismiss the AFC West b/c they couldn't manage to have a team over .500. now look at the NFC West; they were a one team show, the Arizona Cardinals. The other three teams were picking in the top 10 of the draft. The Cardinals were only 9-7 in the regular season too with a 3-7 record outside of the division; the NFC West won a total of 10 games outside of the division. The division sucks.

...and so has the NFC North for the past half decade.

princefielder28
06-08-2009, 04:43 PM
...and so has the NFC North for the past half decade.

The Packers were 13-3 in 2007 and made it to the NFC Championship game and in 2006 the Bears were 13-3 and made it to the Super Bowl. The divisional winner has always had double digit wins too.

We certainly do not have the best division in football but we are not as awful as either of the West divisions

Yatta!
06-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Another point that is relevant even though it has been drilled into the ground by us. We weren't as bad as our record indicated last year, a lot of losses came in close games and against a pretty tough schedule.

TitleTown088
06-08-2009, 06:51 PM
OMGZ

About two months ago, a member of Favre’s inner circle blocked off 25 to 30 rooms at the Midway Motor Lodge near Lambeau Field for the weekend of the Vikings game against the Packers on Nov. 1.

Favre appears ready to sign with the Vikings relatively soon, contingent upon his throwing arm’s progress after recently having surgery on his injured shoulder. But friends and family members have been preparing for a while for his possible signing with the Vikings.

“They called and said if he goes to Minnesota they definitely want to be at the game,” said Doug Warpinski, the Ashwaubenon hotel’s manager.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/2009/06/favres-circle-preparing-to-back-vikings.html

Not based on this, but I'm really feeling Favre is going to be Queen. I absolutely hate that we're going to be hearing about it if he does come back. I hate that my favorite player is going to be playing for the enemy, but one cannot deny how entertaining/comical it's going to be. A freaking circus

jackalope
06-08-2009, 07:27 PM
The Vikings have given Favre a week to decide. Since Favre doesn't have the ability to make up his mind that quickly, he will undoubtedly remain retired.

Favre is such a douche.

TitleTown088
06-08-2009, 07:34 PM
The Vikings have given Favre a week to decide. Since Favre doesn't have the ability to make up his mind that quickly, he will undoubtedly remain retired.

Again,

"Deadlines. Regulations. A gunslinger craves not these things."

princefielder28
06-08-2009, 09:10 PM

Favre is such a douche.

Pat Kirwan has a report that disputes the claim by ESPN.

cvv84
06-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Pat Kirwan has a report that disputes the claim by ESPN.

*sigh* The media circus around this has beaten the Favre horse for too long now.

ChezPower4
06-08-2009, 10:37 PM
*sigh* The media circus around this has beaten the Favre horse for too long now.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hvW0K-nBVMI/SNGX3251DJI/AAAAAAAAANo/pG3qs1s8jLk/s400/flogging-dead-horse.jpg

cvv84
06-08-2009, 10:41 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hvW0K-nBVMI/SNGX3251DJI/AAAAAAAAANo/pG3qs1s8jLk/s400/flogging-dead-horse.jpg

Hahaha! That guy even looks a little like Chris Berman.

TitleTown088
06-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Apparently Thompson has been working ahead of Clay in OTAs, although Clay did start off hurt.

Burger
06-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Apparently Thompson has been working ahead of Clay in OTAs, although Clay did start off hurt.

Clay will comeback. Also Kampman is happy with the 3-4.

tjsunstein
06-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Clay will comeback. Also Kampman is happy with the 3-4.

How do you know this? I'll feel more comfortable with a quote of some sort.

Burger
06-10-2009, 03:25 PM
How do you know this? I'll feel more comfortable with a quote of some sort.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2009/06/03/2/

There's the article infact.

the dude
06-10-2009, 03:51 PM
http://packers.com/news/stories/2009/06/03/2/

There's the article infact.

but he doesn't say that he's happy, he says he's learning

cvv84
06-10-2009, 05:08 PM
but he doesn't say that he's happy, he says he's learning

The fact that he was silent for months about moving to LB just shows his displeasure about the switch.

Its just a sucky situation for both sides. We take our best defensive player and change his position to something that he hasn't played since his first 2 years at Iowa. Kampman is one of my favorite Packers players but personally I would have prefered to trade him.

jsa230
06-10-2009, 10:06 PM
a- you really want to trade kampman? He is a baller and is going to excel in the new scheme.
b-Im pretty sure we already had this discussion but Charles Woodson is the best player on defense.

Boston
06-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Of course Kampman's not going to be ecstatic about the move. He was one of the best 4-3 DE's in the league, and now there asking him to become a 3-4 OLB. Once he gets the feel of the position I think he'll be alright and begin opening up more to the media.

ChezPower4
06-10-2009, 10:46 PM
I want to see how Kampman plays in the scheme before I annotate him a "baller".

cvv84
06-11-2009, 09:13 AM
a- you really want to trade kampman? He is a baller and is going to excel in the new scheme.
b-Im pretty sure we already had this discussion but Charles Woodson is the best player on defense.

How can you make the assumtion that he will excel at LB in the 3-4 defense? Its a completely different change from what he has done for the majority of his career.

And I'd take a stud defensive lineman over any secondary player 7 days a week and twice on Sundays. The line creates the plays in the secondary by creating the pressure on the QB.

At least if we traded Kampman we could get a draft pick from someone and it would allow us to play guys who are a more natural players at the position. Face it, Kampman is in a contract year and he's clearly upset with the transition.

jsa230
06-11-2009, 03:34 PM
I guess Kampman ideal size, versatitlity, speed and quickness off the edge, high motor, and the fact that he was an all-american linebacker in high school would lead me to assume that. He probably would have never moved to de at Iowa if they didn't suck. He will be fine in the 34.

cvv84
06-11-2009, 03:41 PM
I guess Kampman ideal size, versatitlity, speed and quickness off the edge, high motor, and the fact that he was an all-american linebacker in high school would lead me to assume that. He probably would have never moved to de at Iowa if they didn't suck. He will be fine in the 34.

There's a huge difference from playing LB in high school to being a rush LB in a NFL 3-4 defense. Kampman isn't a coverage LB which is why he switched to DE in college. You're making some pretty big assumptions if you ask me considering he's been playing with his hands down for the past decade.

umphrey
06-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Is it just me or does Daryn Coledge look significantly weaker this year?

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Chicago+Bears+v+Green+Bay+Packers+Lcw9SOux3zdm.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8728/mjspackers107ofhoffmanj.jpg

-Raji is huge. Him and Barbe both stand out in crowds - Raji is rounder but Barbe is just huge
-Meredith has an impressive physique especially for a rookie

cvv84
06-11-2009, 06:06 PM

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Chicago+Bears+v+Green+Bay+Packers+Lcw9SOux3zdm.jpg

http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20090610&Kategori=PKR0204&Lopenr=906100803&Ref=PH&Item=43&Maxw=600&Maxh=500

-Raji is huge. Him and Barbe both stand out in crowds - Raji is rounder but Barbe is just huge

His arms look smaller in comparison to last years pictures but remember they're just practicing in shorts.

Did you go to practice??

umphrey
06-11-2009, 07:30 PM
No just looked at pics. When I look at that Colledge pic his biceps look weak. Small compared to Hartline (?) who I assume is a camp body.

AJHawk50
06-11-2009, 07:45 PM
I noticed his arm was a little smaller but not a night and day comparison or anything like that.

TitleTown088
06-11-2009, 07:53 PM

He looks too light. I think I read he's under 300.

cvv84
06-11-2009, 09:30 PM

That wouldn't suprise me. He was already pretty lean to begin with. I think he'd be a guy who could really benefit from the offseason training program next year. Lets hope he works hard to prove his critics wrong and can develop into that future left tackle for us.

GB12
06-11-2009, 09:49 PM

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8728/mjspackers107ofhoffmanj.jpg

No just looked at pics. When I look at that Colledge pic his biceps look weak. Small compared to Hartline (?) who I assume is a camp body.
You're seeing his bicep from a bad angle in the second picture. He has his elbow out and his bicep turned in. Because of that it looks a lot smaller than Hartline's and the first picture as they have theirs in better position.

I'm pretty sure that's all it is. Are there any other pictures of him that would show it better?
He's listed at 304, which is right around most of our other lineman. Spitz - 302, Wells - 303, Colledge - 308, Barbre - 305, Moll - 306.

umphrey
06-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Looks a little weak here, but maybe that's just how it is. Some players put on muscle weight this late in the offseason, I assume.
http://media2.fox11online.com//photo/2009/06/10/Wannamaker_Trophy_065_20090610133720_640_480.JPG

GB12
06-11-2009, 10:14 PM
I don't think he really looks any different than he has in the past. He was never a real big guy (as far as linemen go). Also he's not in full pads there.

Here's a picture in similar pads from a couple years ago.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Rl-WDdMUFFc/Rtg0Or6uAoI/AAAAAAAAA4I/ifblb_AUIFk/DSC00193.JPG

I really think that we're just seeing some bad pictures.

Yatta!
06-12-2009, 12:02 PM
New Madden ratings for our guys. Always fun for a bit of discussion.
http://espn.go.com/videogames/features/madden/madden10?teamId=20

I know they've redone the system but I think Colledge and Hawk deserve more love.

TitleTown088
06-12-2009, 12:15 PM
He's listed at 304, which is right around most of our other lineman. Spitz - 302, Wells - 303, Colledge - 308, Barbre - 305, Moll - 306.

I know what he's listed at but I remeber reading his actual weight was 295 coming in on Jsonline or something.

AJHawk50
06-12-2009, 08:08 PM
New Madden ratings for our guys. Always fun for a bit of discussion.
http://espn.go.com/videogames/features/madden/madden10?teamId=20

I know they've redone the system but I think Colledge and Hawk deserve more love.
Hawk should be an 80 at least I think. Clay Matthews is one point underneath Hawk all ready.

Pacific
06-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Just ordered a Rodgers and a Raji jersey. I'm now committed to the rookie's future financially lol.

TitleTown088
06-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Just ordered a Rodgers and a Raji jersey. I'm now committed to the rookie's future financially lol.

That sounds expensive.

Burger
06-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Just as expensive as the salary BJ will make.

TitleTown088
06-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Might get some answers tomorrow...

Brett Favre will appear as a guest on HBO's "Joe Buck Live" Monday at 8 p.m.

GB12
06-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Might get some answers tomorrow...
I won't be watching

because I don't have HBO

But even if I did I wouldn't watch anyway.

TitleTown088
06-14-2009, 09:17 PM
You'll watch it on sportscenter, don't worry.

neko4
06-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Hawk should be an 80 at least I think. Clay Matthews is one point underneath Hawk all ready.
Wow, i heard the ratings system was being redone, but hawk under 80 is suprising. He should be higher, barnett a little lower

TitleTown088
06-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Wow, i heard the ratings system was being redone, but hawk under 80 is suprising. He should be higher, barnett a little lower
You're alive?

neko4
06-14-2009, 09:23 PM
You're alive?
nope, zombified

Burger
06-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Jeremy Thompson is kicking ass.

cvv84
06-15-2009, 05:51 PM

I hope Thompson learns the position fast. I like Matthews but I don't think he's the next DeMarcus Ware or even the next LaMarr Woodley. At least we could use a combo of Thompson/Matthews this season and if Thompson works out we could potentially move one of them to the strong side in 2010.

TitleTown088
06-15-2009, 07:32 PM

Pump the brakes chief. It's only June. :)

TitleTown088
06-15-2009, 09:55 PM
I watched the interview. He'll be a queen if his arm works.

princefielder28
06-15-2009, 10:01 PM

The interview was okay. It helped sort out all the "source" talk on the news.

johbur
06-16-2009, 04:20 AM

I'd love to see Clay in there, but I'm stoked that Thompson is getting quality time and showing he has the skills at his size to do what Dom wants done. Kampman and Thompson as the OLBs is pretty stout!

Favre is showing he's a tool. Glad I was able to read Bellisari's (or whatever his name is) transcript of the interview. He's worth following on Twitter as he links his stuff.

Yatta!
06-16-2009, 05:32 AM
I'm going to be so pissed off in July when he finally trots out in a Queens uniform.

cvv84
06-16-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm going to be so pissed off in July when he finally trots out in a Queens uniform.

You won't be so pissed when he's tossing INTs to Collins/Woodson and getting chased down by Kampman though. I just don't see Favre being the difference maker for them. They're just going to do the same things we do with the slants and short passes which Harris/Woodson/Williams and practiced against Favre for years.

Yatta!
06-16-2009, 09:13 AM
You won't be so pissed when he's tossing INTs to Collins/Woodson and getting chased down by Kampman though. I just don't see Favre being the difference maker for them. They're just going to do the same things we do with the slants and short passes which Harris/Woodson/Williams and practiced against Favre for years.

I do think they will be a better team with Favre but its the sentiment that annoys me. How can you possibly want to spite the franchise that idolised you for all those years? I think it's an incredibly petty and childish 'revenge'.

GB12
06-16-2009, 10:15 AM
As I've said before, **** him if he plays for Minnesota. Three years ago I never thought it'd be possible for my view of him to change so drastically, but with the **** he's pulling it is all deserved. What happend last year pushed me away already; if he goes through with this I'm done with him. I'll watch his Hall of Fame induction in 6 years, but that's it. If he plays for Minnesota I hope he tears his shoulder apart and/or has the worst season of NFL QBs.

Hell, even if he doesn't actually play for Minnesota he's already gone too far. It's clear that he wants to play for them. And he's doing it just so he can get "even" with Ted Thompson and the Packers. That's a jackass move. Thompson was right in the decission at the time and it turned out to be a great decission. If he is so against the Packers, then I feel no need as a Packers fan to support him.

Whistler6
06-16-2009, 11:17 AM

"Jow Buck Live" ...Must have taken a while to come up with that title. I love Brett and will always be a fan, but this Viking stuff is killing me a little each day on the inside.

princefielder28
06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
A part of Favre coming back is to get back at Ted, but it far from the greatest factor. Brett wants to play, the Vikings have an offense he is familiar with, they have a great running back, very good offensive line, top ten defense and they are they only Super Bowl caliber team that lacks a difference maker at QB. Also, he can be easily influential on Bevell. It's unfortunate that this is how it is playing out, but last summer the Packers decided to move on and Brett wanted and still wants to play and win. I cannot fault him for wanting to go through with it.

JF4
06-16-2009, 12:01 PM
As I've said before, **** him if he plays for Minnesota. Three years ago I never thought it'd be possible for my view of him to change so drastically, but with the **** he's pulling it is all deserved. What happend last year pushed me away already; if he goes through with this I'm done with him. I'll watch his Hall of Fame induction in 6 years, but that's it. If he plays for Minnesota I hope he tears his shoulder apart and/or has the worst season of NFL QBs.

Hell, even if he doesn't actually play for Minnesota he's already gone too far. It's clear that he wants to play for them. And he's doing it just so he can get "even" with Ted Thompson and the Packers. That's a jackass move. Thompson was right in the decission at the time and it turned out to be a great decission. If he is so against the Packers, then I feel no need as a Packers fan to support him.

I agree 100% Favre completely turning his back against the city, franchise and, fans that have given him more support than any other QB, maybe in NFL history, is a complete dick move. It completely tarnishes his reputation as a Packer. I didn't think his stay with the Jets last year would have a big impact on his rep, but now I think he will be remembered just as much for being a Viking as he is for being a Packer.

He is really setting a precedent for aging hall of fame football players. A bad one at that.

TitleTown088
06-16-2009, 01:47 PM
but last summer the Packers decided to move on and Brett wanted and still wants to play and win. .

An interesting thought was picked up on from his interview last night...
“More or less, I can throw and I could throw before the surgery, but I couldn’t throw late in the year last season. Certain throws hurt. I had pain in my neck and down my arm. When I left the first time, I knew I needed surgery and I didn’t want to have it. Could that mean that TT and MM knew all along that Favre had a bum arm last off season? IF so you know very well that factored into the decision to go with Rodgers.

neko4
06-16-2009, 03:25 PM

Favre might be saying all that revenge BS to get some public/media support. Right now most people probably see him the way you do.

Burger
06-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Shut Up Brett, we dont give a crap about who's panties you sniff anymore. He's almost as bad as Owens.

princefielder28
06-16-2009, 05:51 PM
An interesting thought was picked up on from his interview last night...
Could that mean that TT and MM knew all along that Favre had a bum arm last off season? IF so you know very well that factored into the decision to go with Rodgers.

Favre's arm was healthy after the 2007-08 season and had nothing to do with the Packers moving on. If that was the case, I think we would have heard something at some point about it and he probably would not have passed his physical with the Jets.

Whistler6
06-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Brett Favre, "I'm not worried about my legacy"

OKAY BRETT...But your thousands of loyal fans and life-long followers are bleeding Favre blood and slowly eroding the more and more this goes on.

Come back and play for the Vikings, okay, you wanna play you have the right. But, can't you just, umm, errr, ahhh....uhhhhh

=|

TitleTown088
06-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Favre's arm was healthy after the 2007-08 season and had nothing to do with the Packers moving on. If that was the case, I think we would have heard something at some point about it and he probably would not have passed his physical with the Jets.

he's who said it was hurt and he " knew it needed surgery" after 2007-2008 in that interview.

umphrey
06-16-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm really excited to see our defence this year. With a line of Jolly - Pickett - Raji we should be an immovable force. I was worried about Hawk and Barnett getting caught in traffic in the middle but those 3 should really help them out. And then at OLB there is some more uncertainty, and it is an important position, but we have excellent candidates with Kampman, Matthews, Thompson and Poppinga - whoever sees the field should be able to produce with pro bowl potential.

Oh, and Jordy Nelson is going for 1000 and 10

Yatta!
06-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Collins showed up at the last OTA, assuming this means he won't be holding out of training camp.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/48253377.html

cvv84
06-17-2009, 05:30 PM
"Who wants ice cream??"
http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20090617&Kategori=PKR0204&Lopenr=906170808&Ref=PH&Item=7&Maxw=600&Maxh=500

http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20090617&Kategori=PKR0204&Lopenr=906170808&Ref=PH&Item=9&Maxw=600&Maxh=500

Looks like Colledge got some new tatts
http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20090617&Kategori=PKR0204&Lopenr=906170808&Ref=PH&Item=12&Maxw=600&Maxh=500

I hope Raji can keep all that weight under control
http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20090617&Kategori=PKR0204&Lopenr=906170808&Ref=PH&Item=18&Maxw=600&Maxh=500

http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20090617&Kategori=PKR0204&Lopenr=906170808&Ref=PH&Item=24&Maxw=600&Maxh=500

Nick Collins showed up, but looks like he didn't really participate much
http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=U0&Dato=20090617&Kategori=PKR0204&Lopenr=906170808&Ref=PH&Item=28&Maxw=600&Maxh=500

GB12
06-17-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm really excited to see our defence this year. With a line of Jolly - Pickett - Raji we should be an immovable force.
You mean Jenkins.

johbur
06-18-2009, 12:19 AM
I agree that Jenkins will be the starter over Jolly, but on the goal line and short yardage, your could see Jolly alongside Raji and Pickett, which would be a really stout three. Toss AK and CJ on the ends and that'll be some guys that will finally stop GB from getting gashed on 3rd and 2.

GB12
06-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Former Packers in the UFL:

Andrae Thurman
Fred Bledsoe
Marviel Underwood(!)

Burger
06-19-2009, 09:31 PM
I think Harrell will beat both of them out.

princefielder28
06-19-2009, 09:56 PM
I think Harrell will beat both of them out.

You think Harrell is gonna beat out Cullen Jenkins?

Burger
06-19-2009, 10:00 PM
You think Harrell is gonna beat out Cullen Jenkins?

I have faith in Harrell.

jackalope
06-19-2009, 10:02 PM
No way Jenkins doesn't start. I don't expect Raji to start this season at end or NT, but he'll get decent time at both.

Burger
06-19-2009, 10:07 PM
I never thought Cullen Jenkins was that good. I may be the biggest Justin Harrell fan on this board. I was obsessed with him at Tennesse

princefielder28
06-19-2009, 10:17 PM
I never thought Cullen Jenkins was that good. I may be the biggest Justin Harrell fan on this board. I was obsessed with him at Tennesse

Jenkins may not make eye-popping plays, but he's as solid as they come. If there's anyone made for this defense, from last year's squad, it would be Cullen.

Burger
06-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Jenkins may not make eye-popping plays, but he's as solid as they come. If there's anyone made for this defense, from last year's squad, it would be Cullen.

People also said that Clay would be a right away starter.

Line of the Future
LT - Jamon Merideth
LG- Daryn Colledge / Josh Sitton
C- Jason Spitz
RG - TJ Lang / Josh Sitton
RT - Allen Barbre

jackalope
06-19-2009, 11:41 PM
People also said that Clay would be a right away starter.

That's an absolutely terrible point, and it's not even determined yet. PF28 is right, Jenkins is probably the best fit for the transition.

Burger
06-20-2009, 12:08 AM
That's an absolutely terrible point, and it's not even determined yet. PF28 is right, Jenkins is probably the best fit for the transition.

Harrell is having a great time transitioning.

Pack_Attack_4
06-20-2009, 06:35 PM
our D really fell apart last year when jenkins went down.

TitleTown088
06-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Harrell is having a great time transitioning.

He's having such a great time that he's working with the second team?

cvv84
06-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Burger is obviously just joking. Anything we get out of Harrell at this point has to be considered a plus. This is a make or break year for him. If he can't stay healthy or even work into the rotation at DE the he has to be gone next year.

jackalope
06-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Burger is obviously just joking. Anything we get out of Harrell at this point has to be considered a plus. This is a make or break year for him. If he can't stay healthy or even work into the rotation at DE the he has to be gone next year.

I'm not so sure he is.

cvv84
06-22-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm not so sure he is.

Then have mercy on us all. :o

cvv84
06-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Collins showed up at the last OTA, assuming this means he won't be holding out of training camp.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/48253377.html

He may have showed up, but he sounds all business.

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2009/06/22/2/

cvv84
06-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Packers close to extention with Greg Jennings!!!!

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/48814277.html

jsa230
06-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Any predictions? How about 6 years 45 million. 22.5 mill guarenteed.

TitleTown088
06-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Packers close to extention with Greg Jennings!!!!

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/48814277.html Great news. To see Jennings, Colledge, Collins and Tramon ( Collins and Tramon not Necessarily this year) locked up would make me very happy.

I'm not sure what will happen with Pickett.

cvv84
06-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Great news. To see Jennings, Colledge, Collins and Tramon ( Collins and Tramon not Necessarily this year) locked up would make me very happy.

I'm not sure what will happen with Pickett.

Its going to be hard to lock all of these guys up at once, especially considering some of them play the same positions. You have Collins/Williams and College/Spitz. I'd rather lock up College or Spitz before the season starts and then maybe Collins during the season if he continues his success from last year. Tramon was burt deep a bit last year, I think we could wait til the sason is over to possibly do something with him even though he'd only be a restricted free agent.

But after those we still have Jolly, Blackmon, Pickett, and Bigby to deal with.

As for Pickett though, he's going to be 30 years old. If Raji can play some DE and Pickett can handle the NT duties then I think he could be around for another 2-3 years. But if Jolly, Harrell, or Wynn show something at DE then Pickett probably isn't going to be back.

TitleTown088
06-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Its going to be hard to lock all of these guys up at once, especially considering some of them play the same positions. You have Collins/Williams and College/Spitz. I'd rather lock up College or Spitz before the season starts and then maybe Collins during the season if he continues his success from last year. Tramon was burt deep a bit last year, I think we could wait til the sason is over to possibly do something with him even though he'd only be a restricted free agent.

But after those we still have Jolly, Blackmon, Pickett, and Bigby to deal with.

As for Pickett though, he's going to be 30 years old. If Raji can play some DE and Pickett can handle the NT duties then I think he could be around for another 2-3 years. But if Jolly, Harrell, or Wynn show something at DE then Pickett probably isn't going to be back.
Colledge may be the LT of the future, he needs to be resigned soon enough.
Tramon wasn't burn't deep to often last season. He was a good nickel/starter who is only getting better.
With Raji's contract it may be difficult to shell out cash for Pickett, especially after spending some serious cash on extensions. we'll see.

cvv84
06-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Colledge may be the LT of the future, he needs to be resigned soon enough.
Tramon wasn't burn't deep to often last season. He was a good nickel/starter who is only getting better.
With Raji's contract it may be difficult to shell out cash for Pickett, especially after spending some serious cash on extensions. we'll see.

Personally I'd say that Meredith is more of the LT of the future than Colledge. I mean Colledge has played well at LT when they needed him there but he's been focused so much at guard that I think it would be smart to keep him there. He doesn't have the brute strength which is why I don't think he could handle the premeir DEs or even a strong bull-rusher.

Tramon is a good player, I'm not denying that, its just that he did get burned at time and burned by guys like Kevin Walter of the Texans and Miles Austin of the Cowboys. I'd like to see improvement from him this year plus you have to take into consideration that we're going to be playing more zone coverage this year so we don't know how any of our secondary players will fare.

There's always the franchise/transition tag too. We could name Pickett the transition player like we did to Bubba Franks way back when. Honestly I think our Dline will be fine. Raji and Jenkins seem like natural fits and that leaves either Jolly, Harrell, or Wynn to play opposite Jenkins. Plus we could always draft a guy (because we know TT isn't going to sign a proven 3-4 player like Chris Canty....)

TitleTown088
06-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Do you feel a deal is close?
What do you think? What did you hear? Apparently you heard something that — who was your source, because I have my source that told some sources that something was something.

That was a tad confusing. Do you believe a deal is close?
Do you?

Based on what you said yesterday, but not to me, yes.
Based on what … so, I said close or maybe far. So, I said far, too.

So, what you’re saying is it could be close or it could be far.
It could be either or.

Which way would you lean?
Either way. I would lean close or far.

So, we took what you said yesterday as maybe a step toward the optimistic side. Is it maybe not that way?
It could be, and it could not be. …

Maybe, maybe not.

cvv84
06-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Just got a tweet from Greg Bedard and he's reporting that Fox6sports is reporting that the Greg Jennings extention is done!

edit:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/23/report-greg-jennings-deal-is-done/#comment-318733

edit #2:

Fox6 Milwaukee is saying Jennings' deal will make him the second-highest paid WR in the NFL behind Larry Fitzgerald.

TitleTown088
06-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Only three years? I hope that report isn't right.

cvv84
06-23-2009, 07:52 PM

Yeah that sucks. Makes sense from Jennings standpoint though because he'll only be 29 when he hits the market again and he'll be in line for another good sized deal.

Check that, according to ESPN its basically adding 2 more years to his conract so Jennings would only be 28 when he reaches free agency again. The "3 year" deal would start this year, not add 3 years onto this year....

BloodBrother
06-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Nice to hear they got something done although I wish it was a longer deal

umphrey
06-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Colledge is NOT the LT of the future. He's been playing guard so long, and you don't usually move guards outside. It's pretty much a one way street away from tackle. Colledge hasn't shown nearly enough at guard to warrant an exception.

Meredith was a 5th rounder. He could realistically be cut in 2 years, or he could be a pro bowler in 4. The coaches don't have much stock in him at this point.

Tramon Williams is a quality player. He very well may be in line for a starting job when we get rid of Harris. I think there is a significant drop off in talent after him in our CBs. At worst, he could make a career as a phenomenal nickel player, but I see more because: a) he is very athletic, b) he can return kicks, c) last year when he got "burnt" he was stride for stride with the receiver in man- that play in the Cowboys game was a great catch, d) last year our secondary played great when he came in for Harris; he already showed success in the harder man scheme, and e) I think he is best suited for zone or off man coverage than the bump and run we played last year
Wow, I listed a lot...even if half that is accurate he is a player you want to keep around

The Jennings deal: on the plus side it's like a 4 year contract worth 28.5 - 31.5 mil because he's under contract for cheap this year- so thats like 7 - 8 mil a year instead of the 9+ that most people say. Also it will keep him hungry, not to say Jennings is lazy by any means, but big guaranteed money for too long make it tempting for players to take years off.

ChezPower4
06-24-2009, 07:32 AM

I'm with you, if he plays well these next 3 years which I fully expect him to. He'll be able to get more money on the free then I think we're willing to pay him.

TitleTown088
06-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Dayum... Jennings got 11.25 mil up front on his contract.

As part of the extension, Jennings was given $16.25 million in guaranteed money, including an $11.25 million signing bonus, which he received immediately. In addition, his 2009 base salary of $5 million is guaranteed.

Jennings' base salaries are as follows: $5 million (guaranteed) in '09, $1.85 million in '10, $2.7 million in '11 and $3.885 million in '12.

cvv84
06-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Dayum... Jennings got 11.25 mil up front on his contract.

Good for Jennings, he deserved it. Typical front loaded contract from TT, makes re-signing the rest of the guys a bit easier next year (unless there's no cap)

ChezPower4
06-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Good for Jennings, he deserved it. Typical front loaded contract from TT, makes re-signing the rest of the guys a bit easier next year (unless there's no cap)

I'd really like to see what teams like Washington and Dallas would do if there is an uncapped year.

TitleTown088
06-27-2009, 04:31 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/09000d5d81104a48/Video-diary-Greg-Jennings

Real cool vid with Jennings showing how it goes down inside the locker room and such.

ChezPower4
06-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Barnett's hair is ridiculous

Yatta!
06-28-2009, 04:41 AM
Good news getting Jennings signed, hopefully we can lock up some of the others soon enough.

TitleTown088
06-28-2009, 01:21 PM
I'd really like to see what teams like Washington and Dallas would do if there is an uncapped year.
I believe that under the collective bargaining agreement, no one can be a free agent that hasn't been in the league over 6 years. So there wouldn't be to many premium free agents to go around.

Burger
06-28-2009, 01:52 PM
The agreement would be thrown out of the window, if it was uncapped.

umphrey
06-28-2009, 02:40 PM
People act like an uncapped year will change everything. It won't. Washington gave Fat Al $100 mil this year. They are always spending and it doesn't matter. Couple that with a slumping economy and the contracts are going to look almost exactly the same as they do now. The way the cap is now, small market teams or cheap owners are still going to have to draft talent and develop in house to win, and big market teams like Dallas are still going to be signing big names and trading for expensive players.

cvv84
06-28-2009, 03:00 PM
People act like an uncapped year will change everything. It won't. Washington gave Fat Al $100 mil this year. They are always spending and it doesn't matter. Couple that with a slumping economy and the contracts are going to look almost exactly the same as they do now. The way the cap is now, small market teams or cheap owners are still going to have to draft talent and develop in house to win, and big market teams like Dallas are still going to be signing big names and trading for expensive players.

Exactally. Alot of those figures are exacturated too because those top dollar contracts aren't ever going to reach full value. For example, Haynesworth's 7 year $100 million contract is really a 4 year $50 million contract because he has a $29 million bonus due in 2013 that likely won't be paid.

ChezPower4
06-28-2009, 05:45 PM
I believe that under the collective bargaining agreement, no one can be a free agent that hasn't been in the league over 6 years. So there wouldn't be to many premium free agents to go around.

If there is no CBA, I don't see how that rule would apply.

cvv84
06-29-2009, 09:21 AM
B.J. Raji says that he doesn't plan on being a training camp holdout. (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/29/raji-there-will-be-no-problem-as-far-as-holding-out/)

I like his additude and work ethic so far. I think teams like the Browns and Raiders are going to regret passing on him.

I don't see why Matthews would be a holdout either. He's already running with the 2nd team so if he wants to win the job he'll need to be in camp on time to compete with Jermey Thompson.

Whistler6
06-29-2009, 11:29 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/extramustard/hotclicks/06/29/julie-henderson-dating-aaron-rodgers/index.html

Good for you Aaron, you get that...

ChezPower4
06-29-2009, 07:24 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/extramustard/hotclicks/06/29/julie-henderson-dating-aaron-rodgers/index.html

Good for you Aaron, you get that...

Whoooo she is ****** hot, hope it makes him play better lol

Burger
07-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Clay won't be a hold out either.

TitleTown088
07-06-2009, 06:43 PM
According to whom?

TitleTown088
07-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Lang signed.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2009/07/07/1/

cvv84
07-07-2009, 05:42 PM

He would be smart not too. But really, when has a late 1st rounder ever been a camp holdout?

cvv84
07-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Lang signed.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2009/07/07/1/

5 out of 8 signed. That leaves Raji, Matthews, and Quinn Johnson. A little more then 3 weeks to get everyone in on time.

neko4
07-07-2009, 11:54 PM
5 out of 8 signed. That leaves Raji, Matthews, and Quinn Johnson. A little more then 3 weeks to get everyone in on time.

i bet quinn holds out...

but really, i think there is a good possibility that raji does

TitleTown088
07-08-2009, 12:20 AM
i bet quinn holds out...

but really, i think there is a good possibility that raji does

a 5th rounder holding out?

Raji said himself he will not hold out... We'll see if he stays true to his word.

cvv84
07-08-2009, 10:09 AM
a 5th rounder holding out?

Raji said himself he will not hold out... We'll see if he stays true to his word.

The only non-first rounders that I can remember ever holding out were 2nd rounder Bob Sanders, who was the last pick to sign back in 2004, and third rounder Richie Incognito who the Rams tried to sign for fourth round money because they were strapped for cash back in 2005.

I think something will get done with Raji in time. The Jaguars are counting on Eugene Monroe to start at left tackle so they'll need him in ASAP which will set Raji's contract.

ChezPower4
07-09-2009, 03:15 PM

I'd be super disappointed if we couldn't get both Matthews and Raji in camp on time.

Whistler6
07-10-2009, 11:28 AM
So is this true that Favre and his wife have put $300,000 down on a condo in MN??? I heard that on Sirius Mad Dog Radio the other day. Just sign already, so we can look forward to the Monday night show down.

I love #4, and we will never forget you Brent Farve.

PACKmanN
07-10-2009, 11:37 AM
The only non-first rounders that I can remember ever holding out were 2nd rounder Bob Sanders, who was the last pick to sign back in 2004, and third rounder Richie Incognito who the Rams tried to sign for fourth round money because they were strapped for cash back in 2005.

I think something will get done with Raji in time. The Jaguars are counting on Eugene Monroe to start at left tackle so they'll need him in ASAP which will set Raji's contract.

I doubt Monroe's contract will set anything for Raji. Raji is playing a much less important position to Monroe which should make Monroe's contract much larger then Raji. We saw this with Vince Young a few years back.

ChezPower4
07-10-2009, 05:44 PM
So is this true that Favre and his wife have put $300,000 down on a condo in MN??? I heard that on Sirius Mad Dog Radio the other day. Just sign already, so we can look forward to the Monday night show down.

It would now seem that it's only a matter of when Brett will sign and not if he'll sign. I hate how the football gods continue to brutalize me for their own amusement.

Burger
07-10-2009, 05:56 PM
According to whom?

His Locker room interview, and a recent article on him on packers.com

PackerLegend
07-12-2009, 10:22 PM

I hope he does and just sucks all year long. Im not really much of a Favre fan anymore, wheter he signs or not wont change my stance.

Looked and the last page and way to go Aaron, she is pretty hot.

ChezPower4
07-12-2009, 11:40 PM
I hope he does and just sucks all year long. Im not really much of a Favre fan anymore, wheter he signs or not wont change my stance.

Looked and the last page and way to go Aaron, she is pretty hot.

Favre's antics the past few years have caused a lot of his fans to develop much ill will towards him. He has for a long time been my favorite player, no matter what sport. I think I'll always look at him differently because of all this. I cheered for him last year as a Jet and if he does play for the Vikings there is no way in hell I'll cheer for anyone if a Vikings uniform....... I'd rather slam my dick in a door, than cheer for anything that has to do with the ******* Vikings.

TitleTown088
07-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Anyone else getting or planning to get tickets to either of the Packer-viking games?

tjsunstein
07-13-2009, 11:40 AM
I was going to but is it really worth it with the airfare, hotel, and what not? I'm from NJ so it's a handful of dough.

princefielder28
07-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Anyone else getting or planning to get tickets to either of the Packer-viking games?

I'll be right in Minneapolis for the one there so I might head down to the Metrodome and catch that one but I'm not sure yet. I may catch the one at Lambeau too but again not sure.

TitleTown088
07-13-2009, 12:19 PM
I'll be right in Minneapolis for the one there so I might head down to the Metrodome and catch that one but I'm not sure yet. I may catch the one at Lambeau too but again not sure.
I got tickets to the MNF one at the metrodome. Maybe I'll see you there and we can beat up some Viking fans together.

roughrider30
07-13-2009, 01:44 PM
I got tickets to the MNF one at the metrodome. Maybe I'll see you there and we can beat up some Viking fans together.

Ya i am also working on getting tickets for that game. So I guess we can start a small packer gang at the dome

Burger
07-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Green Bay Party Posse!

AJHawk50
07-13-2009, 04:39 PM
lol, I wish I could go. Some of my friends up in Green Bay had tickets to it but traded them with some people they know for some other tickets. Now they wish they had them back obviously. lol

TitleTown088
07-13-2009, 06:06 PM
You guys can go get them on Stub hub for only about $300 a pop.

ChezPower4
07-13-2009, 11:00 PM

I'd like to be included in this Viking beat down.

I may consider going seeing that airfare round trip would only be like $120. I must find tickets.

cvv84
07-15-2009, 03:57 PM
I doubt Monroe's contract will set anything for Raji. Raji is playing a much less important position to Monroe which should make Monroe's contract much larger then Raji. We saw this with Vince Young a few years back.

Nose tackle is the key to the entire 3-4 defense plus the rookie signings are typically based of the player signing before them. You can't really compare a QB signing to any other position signing either because the bonus and salary structure is geared more to playing time and incentives.

bigboiajhawk
07-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Does Brett have the "itch"?

ChezPower4
07-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Does Brett have the "itch"?

He has what we might call an "addictive" personality.

Pacific
07-16-2009, 12:41 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090716/PKR01/90716087/1058

Update on the Jolly situation.

cvv84
07-16-2009, 12:48 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090716/PKR01/90716087/1058

Update on the Jolly situation.

So basically it looks like he won't be suspended this season.

TitleTown088
07-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Packers linebacker A.J. Hawk stopped by to chat, and when I asked him about Favre likely joining the Vikings, he said, "If he still wants to play football, it's great for the game, but I'm going to try and take his head off."

Fuelin the flame.

cvv84
07-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Fuelin the flame.

I'm looking forward to the circus that will be Packers/Vikings games this year. I might just click mute and listen to Larry McCarren instead.

Barnett looks ready to go though. Check out these vids he recently posted on twitter:

http://tweetreel.com/?35ze1

http://tweetreel.com/?56x12

AJHawk50
07-20-2009, 08:21 PM
He is a big part of the energy on defense, glad to have him back for this season!!!

GB12
07-20-2009, 08:30 PM
That is awesome to hear from Hawk.

TitleTown088
07-20-2009, 09:08 PM

It really is. More emotion out of Hawk is good to hear, sometimes he appears complacent. I realize the Merriman approach dosen't work for everyone, but I like to see hawk pumped up. If he could come to his own in this defense that would be spectacular.

Personally, I think the whole defense could take this as an insult from Favre. He's coming back, knowing the biggest pressure will come from beating the Packers defensive unit.

BTW... Over under 2 picks for Woodson off Favre?

GB12
07-20-2009, 09:15 PM
I really just want to beat the **** out of Favre when we play Minnesota. I don't care who does it, just so he's on his ass all game. The fact that we have players who want to "take his head off" is exactly what I want to hear.

AJHawk50
07-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Amazing comment by Hawk! :)

ChezPower4
07-21-2009, 04:47 PM
I like the fact that Hawk is stepping up and being an emotional leader for our defense. I really hope that our D dismantles Favre. I think we should be able to get at least 2 pics per game off of his old ass.

jsa230
07-21-2009, 10:48 PM
BTW... Over under 2 picks for Woodson off Favre?

TitleTown088
07-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Quinn Johnson signed today.

ChezPower4
07-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Quinn Johnson signed today.

That's great news I think he's got a great shot at winning the starting FB job.

cvv84
07-23-2009, 11:37 AM
That's great news I think he's got a great shot at winning the starting FB job.

Same here. I'm not a big fan of the zone blocking scheme so its nice that McCarthy & Co. want to run more power schemes this year. I just wonder if we'll continue to carry 2 FBs on the roster again this year. Johnson is pretty much a lock in my opinion and I think Korey Hall would be the other because of his special teams play. The Bengals had interest in Kuhn this offseason so maybe we trade him for a conditional draft pick.

TitleTown088
07-23-2009, 12:48 PM
ESPN's Ed Werder reports that free agent Brett Favre is now "conflicted" about whether he truly wants to return to the NFL.

Please make the right decision Favre. If that's possible now.

jsa230
07-23-2009, 01:35 PM
I am truly to the point where I don't even care if he returns or not. Favre is not going to make the vikings a lock to win superbowl (like some appear to believe) or even the division. Obviously the vikings have alot of talent on O and D and are probably better than the 07 packers, but favre is two years and a shoulder surgery older than when he lost the NFCC. The vikings could make a playoff/sb push but they won't do it relying on favre. If the vikes win the division, it will be their defense/ad that wins it, not favre. I still think, even if favre plays, the packers are the the team to beat in the north and that is why i truly don't give a crap if #4 plays or not.

ChezPower4
07-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Please make the right decision Favre. If that's possible now.

I really hope he decides to stay retired. If he doesn't play this season I wonder how long the Packers will wait to retire his jersey?

cvv84
07-23-2009, 01:53 PM
I am truly to the point where I don't even care if he returns or not. Favre is not going to make the vikings a lock to win superbowl (like some appear to believe) or even the division. Obviously the vikings have alot of talent on O and D and are probably better than the 07 packers, but favre is two years and a shoulder surgery older than when he lost the NFCC. The vikings could make a playoff/sb push but they won't do it relying on favre. If the vikes win the division, it will be their defense/ad that wins it, not favre. I still think, even if favre plays, the packers are the the team to beat in the north and that is why i truly don't give a crap if #4 plays or not.

I agree with everything you said minus that the Packers are the team to beat in the division. The Vikings are still the team to beat but the entire division will be better than last year. The Bears now have a very good QB, the Lions should be a much improved team, and I think that Grant will return to form and greatly help our top notch offense.

Favre would certainly help the Vikings but I think that his body can't last a full season anymore like it used to.

jsa230
07-23-2009, 04:54 PM
basically we would see favre as purely a game manger with the vikes for the first time in his career. Minny is assuming he will start all 16 games and continue his iron man rep but if (thats a big if) his shoulder holds up then i see no real promblems w/ the age factor. the vikings need some one with experience and favre can give them that and manage some games. Now when they start asking Favre to win games w/ his arm then i could see some promblems.

As for the division, i really think the packers are the favorite. You can call me a homer but a case could be made for Chi Minn and Gb so its not like im predicting the lions to win the superbowl or sumthin.

ChezPower4
07-23-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't think that we are the favorites in the division this season. We're switching to an entirely new defensive scheme. So it would be very hard for me to imagine that we'll have a great defense this year. Especially after the very disappointing year the defense turned in last season.

Our offense is going to by far going to be our best unit, assuming that our offensive line improves and that the new guys can step up and make an impact. If our line doesn't play well our offense may not be as productive as last year. So let's assume we get good line play. We have to improve our running game which has not been very good or consistent the past few seasons.

We have a lot of question marks where as the Vikings do not have as many.

umphrey
07-23-2009, 09:22 PM
I think it's a real close 3 way push to win the division. All teams look like they are really pushing to round out strong rosters this year. Detroit has a lot of talent. They are an interesting wildcard worth mentioning because they have the ability to do what Atlanta and Miami have done recently finishing with a winning record and a shot at the playoffs.

cvv84
07-23-2009, 09:34 PM
I don't think that we are the favorites in the division this season. We're switching to an entirely new defensive scheme. So it would be very hard for me to imagine that we'll have a great defense this year. Especially after the very disappointing year the defense turned in last season.

Our offense is going to by far going to be our best unit, assuming that our offensive line improves and that the new guys can step up and make an impact. If our line doesn't play well our offense may not be as productive as last year. So let's assume we get good line play. We have to improve our running game which has not been very good or consistent the past few seasons.

We have a lot of question marks where as the Vikings do not have as many.

Exacatlly. We're running an entirely different defense this year and have no idea how most of our holdover players will translate to the new scheme. That the biggest question mark of the entire NFC North if you ask me.

Also I expect our passing offense to be tamed a little bit this year. Ryan Grant is coming into camp healthy and I think we'll focus on running the ball more this year. I think our passing offense will still be good but teams will be geared up for it this year because of the high success last season.

TitleTown088
07-26-2009, 07:11 PM
zpC3IvQdrLY

This guy does a great job here explaing the whole Favre vs Rodgers debate.