PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

tjsunstein
12-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I want to give a shoutout to the entire team for their amazing ability to win the turnover battle every Sunday. I feel spoiled by this - the winner of the turnover battle wins a high percentage of games. Some facts:

- 1st in turnover margin at +17
- 1st in offensive turnovers at 10
- 2nd in defensive turnovers at 27
- 2nd in interceptions thrown at 5
- 8 games played with no interceptions for Rodgers
- 258 hand offs on the year, and every one without a fumble
- 45 rushes by Rodgers, each without a fumble
- 2nd in average time of possession at 33:26
- 1st, Charles Woodson, turnovers created (7 ints, 3rd best. 4 forced fumbles, 3rd best)

Some truly astounding numbers

Wow is just about all I can say to those numbers. They're incredible. Copy and pasting the Woodson stat into the best CB in the league thread over on the pro football forum.

Whistler6
12-05-2009, 08:45 PM
I know big Grady's been gone a while, but damn...This is a shame for his family

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/05/grady-jacksons-brother-convicted-of-murder/

His brother was convicted of murder.

tjsunstein
12-05-2009, 08:55 PM
I know big Grady's been gone a while, but damn...This is a shame for his family

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/05/grady-jacksons-brother-convicted-of-murder/

His brother was convicted of murder.

Really awful as to why someone would resort to that.

tjsunstein
12-08-2009, 07:00 AM
“It starts with our defense,” coach Mike McCarthy said. “That’s the face of our football team. That’s the way we want to be identified….”

RockJock07
12-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Those officals should be fired after that game, overall it was a piss poor job of officating on their part. The Ravens got hosed on Mason's offensive PI and whe Tramon Williams apparently breaths on a WR, its PI.

The Pack is really starting to find their stride, despite a lack of commitment to the run in this game which was fine because of the depleated secondary the Raves trouted out there yesterday. The defense looks amazing and to be honest, I never thought they would keep this up this late in the season.

Matthews was amazing and Raji looks like the player we drafted and even Tramon played well despite the awful flags he drew.

WTF is up with Mason Crosby? This guy is a house of cards, I don't want him in a presure situation in the playoffs.

Favre4ever
12-08-2009, 10:31 AM
I was so relieved to see Finley comeback in the game. He makes our offense almost unstoppable when hes in. Maybe its time to look for a real blocking TE next year to replace Lee who has lost his spot as the main TE.

Grant is frustrating the hell out of me. I like his fire and his will but he just doesnt get the job done. It looked like they couldnt run on the Ravens D but as soon as they would put Green in, they got real good positive yards. Im starting to think that the ZBS is working but they leave too much yardage on the field because of Grant. A more explosive and elusive or even more physical back would thrive on our offense. I hope Green and Jackson get more carries.

drowe
12-08-2009, 10:37 AM
I was so relieved to see Finley comeback in the game. He makes our offense almost unstoppable when hes in. Maybe its time to look for a real blocking TE next year to replace Lee who has lost his spot as the main TE.

Grant is frustrating the hell out of me. I like his fire and his will but he just doesnt get the job done. It looked like they couldnt run on the Ravens D but as soon as they would put Green in, they got real good positive yards. Im starting to think that the ZBS is working but they leave too much yardage on the field because of Grant. A more explosive and elusive or even more physical back would thrive on our offense. I hope Green and Jackson get more carries.

The following people should not be on the team next year.
-Mason Crosby
-Donald Lee
-Jarrett Bush

this is not an all-inclusive list.

those PI calls were intense. Everytime there was a deep throw a flag flew. some legit...some not so much. I thought the call on Mason was the right call.

The most BS call was the one Greg Jennings got. It was some good acting by him. He clearly put his arm back into the defender to make him look held back.

Whistler6
12-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Great win, but if the Packers played like that in the playoffs they would be done before half time. Losing Al Harris is a really, reallllly tough loss.

Refs aside, the amount of penalties and special teams miscues are inexcusable (un?)

TitleTown088
12-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Pickett, Raji and Barnett a little banged up. Hopefully they can make it back for the Bears game. At least either Raji or Pickett. Need one of the two.

Boston
12-08-2009, 11:15 PM
The following people should not be on the team next year.
-Mason Crosby
-Donald Lee
-Jarrett Bush

this is not an all-inclusive list.

those PI calls were intense. Everytime there was a deep throw a flag flew. some legit...some not so much. I thought the call on Mason was the right call.

The most BS call was the one Greg Jennings got. It was some good acting by him. He clearly put his arm back into the defender to make him look held back.

I wouldn't get rid of Crosby yet, but I would definately make him earn his spot next year in training camp. I would love to see Lee and Bush cut next year. I don't even remember the last game Lee went through without dropping a pass, and Bush is flat out awful.

Favre4ever
12-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Even though he hasnt been that bad this year, Bush scares me and i think teams will feast on him come playoff time. What do you guys think of Underwood? Looking back at what he did in college he seems to be a very smart and athletic player. Could he take over Bush's spot eventually?

Whistler6
12-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Bush hasn't been good, maybe not terrrrible but inadequate in my opinion.

So apparently 50 people were ejected and 10 arrested at the Packers-Ravens game Monday night according to packernews.com

I'm going to tell myself they were all Ravens fans.

tjsunstein
12-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Bush hasn't been good, maybe not terrrrible but inadequate in my opinion.

So apparently 50 people were ejected and 10 arrested at the Packers-Ravens game Monday night according to packernews.com

I'm going to tell myself they were all Ravens fans.

I don't think all 50 ejected were Ravens fans but definitely the 10 arrested were.

umphrey
12-09-2009, 11:20 AM

Grant's average. He's not a problem, although I'd really like a CJ Spiller type player on the team. Backup running backs like Green ALWAYS have a higher YPC than the starter. It's because when you pull the starter the defense usually keys to the pass. Another reason being that backups get more carries on 2nd/3rd and 10+. Our run blocking is just among the worst in the entire league. Props to our pass pro which suprised me by really shining, but an open running lane is incredibly rare. I hate Daryn Colledge. It drives me nuts whenever anyone says he's our best offensive lineman. He shouldn't even be on the team but I don't know if anyone on our roster is good enough to outplay him, except for Lang hopefully.

Favre4ever
12-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Grant's average. He's not a problem, although I'd really like a CJ Spiller type player on the team. Backup running backs like Green ALWAYS have a higher YPC than the starter. It's because when you pull the starter the defense usually keys to the pass. Another reason being that backups get more carries on 2nd/3rd and 10+. Our run blocking is just among the worst in the entire league. Props to our pass pro which suprised me by really shining, but an open running lane is incredibly rare. I hate Daryn Colledge. It drives me nuts whenever anyone says he's our best offensive lineman. He shouldn't even be on the team but I don't know if anyone on our roster is good enough to outplay him, except for Lang hopefully.

If Grant is average and was the 8th RB in the NFL in yards before monday, then our run blocking cant be among the worst in the the league, it just doesnt make any sense. They ran all over the 3rd rushing defense (SF) 2 weeks ago so they are not as bad as we may think they are.

TitleTown088
12-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Holy crap. Jenkins, Raji, Jolly, and Pickett are all hurt and will likely be game time decisions.

bigboiajhawk
12-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Holy crap. Jenkins, Raji, Jolly, and Pickett are all hurt and will likely be game time decisions.

This is very scary, although I would bet Jenkins, Raji, and Jolly play. It really is a shame that Harrell isn't healthy, because our DL would be stacked. I would make bet that we see a lot of unique defenses with five LBS in there if those guys are seriously hurt.

umphrey
12-09-2009, 03:17 PM
If Grant is average and was the 8th RB in the NFL in yards before monday, then our run blocking cant be among the worst in the the league, it just doesnt make any sense. They ran all over the 3rd rushing defense (SF) 2 weeks ago so they are not as bad as we may think they are.

He's 32nd in the league in average of running backs with 50+ carries. Since we are such a pass heavy team, you'd expect that to help his average. If teams weren't so afraid of Aaron Rodgers he'd probably be in the 40s.

But this is a stats argument that doesn't tell the entire story of either side. That is what I've seen on game day.

Whistler6
12-09-2009, 04:44 PM
As long as Woodson plays, I like their chances. Complete and utter "man crush"

TitleTown088
12-09-2009, 05:34 PM
As long as Woodson plays, I like their chances. Complete and utter "man crush"

Don't forget Clay.

Whistler6
12-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Don't forget Clay.

Woah, your right. Thank God I am comfortable with my sexuality. I'm not sure if anyone remembers this sack...But my favorite Clay play of the season was his sack where he ran basically in a complete circle and then smoked the QB from the blindside. Lions maybe, anyone?

Whistler6
12-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Yikes...

Injury update per Packernews.com

The Packers are facing a possible serious shortage of defensive linemen this week because of injuries to Ryan Pickett (hamstring), B.J. Raji (ankle), Cullen Jenkins (hamstring) and Johnny Jolly (knee).

Pickett didn’t practice Wednesday and the other three were limited and didn’t appear to do anything in regular drills. His injury appears to be the most serious.

“(Pickett) will probably be a game-time decision,” McCarthy said. “Really you could put all four of those guys, the D-lineman, I'm concerned about it, obviously, having all four of those guys miss practice. But it’s probably going to take the week to really sort that out.”

Boston
12-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Woah, your right. Thank God I am comfortable with my sexuality. I'm not sure if anyone remembers this sack...But my favorite Clay play of the season was his sack where he ran basically in a complete circle and then smoked the QB from the blindside. Lions maybe, anyone?

Yeah, that was the hail mary to end the first half against the Lions.

umphrey
12-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Injuries come in bunches... At least we put ourselves in position where we aren't forced to play guys that are hurt. We can afford to possibly drop a game and those guys will hopefully be healthy by playoff time.

We should all be Cleveland fans tonight. If they somehow manage to beat Pittsburgh their season might be over and instead of playing a resurgent Pittsburgh in a couple weeks with a healthy Ben, Troy and Hines they would be more inclined to rest the franchise players and give less than 100%.

jackalope
12-11-2009, 11:47 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/kerry_byrne/12/10/packers/index.html?eref=sihp

Article about the Packers as Superbowl sleepers.

Primate
12-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Anyone have any predictions on what will happen with Aaron Kampman? I hope we at least get a pick out of him.

Whistler6
12-12-2009, 12:44 AM
He will demand, and rightly so, a lot of money as a 4-3 DE. It's not in either sides best interested to resign the guy for the amount it'd cost, so I'm guessing he's gone.

He's been one of my favorite players since he's been here, and it's unfortunate how it looks like his career here has ended. My only hope is he doesn't go to a rival, a la Sharper and Longwell to the Vikings...And that other guy.

badgerbacker
12-12-2009, 12:50 AM
He will demand, and rightly so, a lot of money as a 4-3 DE. It's not in either sides best interested to resign the guy for the amount it'd cost, so I'm guessing he's gone.

He's been one of my favorite players since he's been here, and it's unfortunate how it looks like his career here has ended. My only hope is he doesn't go to a rival, a la Sharper and Longwell to the Vikings...And that other guy.
Jesus, I just had a scary thought. Kampman with the current Vikings D-Line...

princefielder28
12-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Anyone have any predictions on what will happen with Aaron Kampman? I hope we at least get a pick out of him.

I think he'll end up in St. Louis

cvv84
12-12-2009, 12:41 PM

Its going to be iffy if he'll even be ready for the start of next season. We definetly won't re-sign him and I highly doubt that we'd tag him. I can't see him being fully effective until at least midway through next season so thats going to determine his value on the free agent market. Like badgerbacker eluded too, the Vikings would probably be his choice. Remember he did sign an offer sheet from the Vikings a few years ago when he was a restricted free agent and he's from Iowa so staying in the midwest and playing for a contender would probably be ideal for him and his family.

umphrey
12-12-2009, 05:36 PM
He'll leave as a free agent and we'll get a 3rd round compensation pick. I don't see how the Vikings could possibly sign him and put together probably the most expensive DL in history, kicking Ray Edwards to the curb in the process who is quietly having a nice season.

cvv84
12-12-2009, 06:05 PM
He'll leave as a free agent and we'll get a 3rd round compensation pick. I don't see how the Vikings could possibly sign him and put together probably the most expensive DL in history, kicking Ray Edwards to the curb in the process who is quietly having a nice season.

There is no way to predict what compensary pick that we'd get for Kampman because we don't know what a team would pay for a guy coming off a torn ACL or who we'd sign that might offset the differential in the formula that determines the compensary picks. We could get a 3rd but it'd be because we let our other key free agents walk too.

umphrey
12-12-2009, 06:42 PM
The formula is complicated with a 3rd being a max but I'm pretty sure Kampman will get enough to at least net us a 4th.

Edit: Comp picks are based on salary, playing time and postseason honors, and are given to teams who lose more free agent value than they gain.

Lets assume for now we don't sign a big name guy, which we probably won't.

The biggest factor seems to be money, the contract he will sign.

The typical 3rd round comp players signed for 7+ mil a year, had 15/15 G/GS and either made the pro bowl or were close. Kampman will probably sign right in the neighborhood of 7 mil, was 11/11 G/GS and obviously won't make the pro bowl. Based on that I'd say you're right, a 3rd is unlikely, but a 4th looks right.

TitleTown088
12-12-2009, 08:14 PM
I don't think the Vikings would want Kampman. Ray Edwards is probably the better DE at this point in there careers.

Did GB12 leave? I nominate myself for team leader. ;)

princefielder28
12-12-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't think the Vikings would want Kampman. Ray Edwards is probably the better DE at this point in there careers.

Did GB12 leave? I nominate myself for team leader. ;)

I think he may have left. Remember how unhappy he was becoming with all the negativity on boards?

umphrey
12-12-2009, 09:39 PM
I have been wondering about him for weeks. Yeah he was complaining a lot about the negativity and I noticed he stopped posting right around the Bucs game. He seemed to misinterpret negativity as our desire to make our team better. Can't always post about how great we are, and that's less interesting to talk about. After all this is a draft site; we are the kind of people that tend to talk about weaknesses and what we should do to improve them.

Does this site really need more "10 best CBs" threads and so on? At the time we were 4-4 and just lost to the Vikings and Favre for the second time, highly emotional losses, then followed it up by laying an egg against an 0-7 team.

Whistler6
12-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Winning cures everything... My college grades have gone up, I don't hate everyone I see that's smiling, I've stepped back from the ledge, and hey we are all staying "positive" on here eh? Jk

Still, 4 wins in a row doesn't make me waiver on my thoughts about TT and his inaction. In the end though, I am a Packer fan through and through. Whether negative or positive, I'll follow them regardless.

cvv84
12-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I have been wondering about him for weeks. Yeah he was complaining a lot about the negativity and I noticed he stopped posting right around the Bucs game. He seemed to misinterpret negativity as our desire to make our team better. Can't always post about how great we are, and that's less interesting to talk about. After all this is a draft site; we are the kind of people that tend to talk about weaknesses and what we should do to improve them.

Does this site really need more "10 best CBs" threads and so on? At the time we were 4-4 and just lost to the Vikings and Favre for the second time, highly emotional losses, then followed it up by laying an egg against an 0-7 team.

That was my sentiment as well.

jackalope
12-12-2009, 10:18 PM
GB12 was definitely upset with some of the Packers' board when everybody was asking for McCarthy and Thompson to be fired. His leave wasn't really surprising if you read a few of his last posts. He was my favorite poster on the site so hopefully he'll be back eventually.

Whistler6
12-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah he was a great poster, and hopefully he comes back soon...But honestly, it's a forum full of opinion. There is going to be just as much negativity for a team/player/coach/franchise as there is love and gushing. Gotta get over it man.

TitleTown088
12-12-2009, 11:29 PM
I think he may have left. Remember how unhappy he was becoming with all the negativity on boards?

Yeah, can't blame him either. The GB forum used to be a better place, one of the best of this site. How can we get back to that? It seems like nothing ever even goes on around here anymore.

Zycho32
12-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Seriously, I'm fairly certain Non-Present topics have been scrounged to the point of Fringe Subjects, the sort of things only the 'wrong in the head' die-hards care about.

regoob2
12-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Bears will win today. Domination!!

PackerLegend
12-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Mason Crosby sucks and I have no confidence in this guy. I remember saying way back in the pre-season I was worried. He started missing alot and now its every game.

9-4 not to shabby, hopefully the Giants lose and then I think we would be 2 games up on everyone with 3 left.

bigboiajhawk
12-13-2009, 07:17 PM
How awesome is it that, for our offense, we are going to possibly have a 4000yd 30td QB, a 1200 yd RB, 2 70 catch 1000 yd receivers, and almost a 50 catch 600 yd TE.

RockJock07
12-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Mason Crosby sucks and I have no confidence in this guy. I remember saying way back in the pre-season I was worried. He started missing alot and now its every game.

9-4 not to shabby, hopefully the Giants lose and then I think we would be 2 games up on everyone with 3 left.

Yeah, Crosby has been brutal lately. The Packers have really put it together the last month. Some of the games haven't been that pretty but they've pulled them out, that's what playoff teams do.

Now, the Packers must put there foot on the throat of a reeling Steelers team. finished this one off and they should be looking pretty good for a WC birth.

Mr.Regular
12-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Lets go Eagles. If they win, that means we'd be in a position (though unlikely) to clinch next week.

umphrey
12-14-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm pretty sure we could (God forbid) lose our last 3 games and still make the playoffs at 9-7 the way the wildcard is this year. It looks like the NFC-E vs us.

BloodBrother
12-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Brandon Chillar gets a contract extension

Chillar re-signs for 4 yrs/21 million (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4740887)

drowe
12-14-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm pretty sure we could (God forbid) lose our last 3 games and still make the playoffs at 9-7 the way the wildcard is this year. It looks like the NFC-E vs us.

Yup, the Packers are pretty much honorary members of the NFC East for the rest of the year. they represent 100% of our competition for a WC spot. Kinda fun. Always wondered what it'd be like to be in another division.

drowe
12-14-2009, 10:02 AM

Chillar re-signs for 4 yrs/21 million (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4740887)

hmmm..of all the people we need to extend, we chose him? seems a little pricey for a guy that's not even a full time starter. yikes.

princefielder28
12-14-2009, 10:09 AM
hmmm..of all the people we need to extend, we chose him? seems a little pricey for a guy that's not even a full time starter. yikes.

yeah, i'm not much a fan either. if he was a full time starter then i could understand it but he's made 4 starts and plays special teams...wow

cvv84
12-14-2009, 10:13 AM

Thats awesome. He's a versitile guy who can play inside LB, on nickel downs, and cover TEs. I wonder what this means for Hawk though. Possibly a trade canidate if he doesn't take a pay cut.

Makes you think he's going to be a starter next year. Adios Hawk?

BloodBrother
12-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Only 7 mill is guaranteed. HE's the best coverage LBer on the team and can play any other LB spot in this scheme. He'll be on the field a lot. I'm ok with this

Mr.Regular
12-14-2009, 10:28 AM
That's a bit weird... I really like what I've seen from Hawk lately too, he's been improving pretty much everywhere. I've noticed that he's especially been pretty good in pass coverage. Which is Chillar's specialty... so I guess this means Hawk is either taking a paycut or see ya later....

BloodBrother
12-14-2009, 10:38 AM
When Chillar didn't break his hand he was playing at every LB position. I think they like his versatility. For 7 mill guaranteed, it's nice to have a guy who can come in and cover the TE or rush the passer on any given play. Dude is very athletic

Next up has to be Pickett and Collins. Want to see both of them back. Pickett/Raji will keep eachother fresh and the DL will be even more dominant...and Collins is a no brainer. He's shown he is equally as good in the 3-4, so pay dat man his money

TitleTown088
12-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I don't mind the move at all... but I was a bit surprised.
You would have expected Collins, Tramon, Pickett ( maybe) or one of the young Oline instead. I don't mind the move, just surprised.

BloodBrother
12-14-2009, 11:34 AM
I think it was just that this is probably the easier move to get done first. Get that one out of the way, then focus on the bigger ones with Collins and Pickett etc. I'm not worried, Pack have shown that they reward their players when they do well, so I would expect to see Collins get a new contract

cvv84
12-14-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't mind the move at all... but I was a bit surprised.
You would have expected Collins, Tramon, Pickett ( maybe) or one of the young Oline instead. I don't mind the move, just surprised.

With a potential uncapped season looming Collins, Trammon, Colledge, Spitz, ect... could all become restricted free agents. Chillar was unrestricted so I'm assuming those guys are becoming priority before guys who will likely be back because of their potential restricted status.

umphrey
12-14-2009, 12:27 PM
I love Chillar on the team and he makes our LB group so much better with what he brings to the table. I'm glad we shelled out the cash to resign him but I'll be disappointed if we let someone like Pickett or Jolly walk because we used too much money on Chillar.

I got the impression that he was really pushing to get back on the field during his hand injury. That shows some dedication, a player I want on our side.

cvv84
12-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I love Chillar on the team and he makes our LB group so much better with what he brings to the table. I'm glad we shelled out the cash to resign him but I'll be disappointed if we let someone like Pickett or Jolly walk because we used too much money on Chillar.

We should still have plenty of money available. Pickett could always get the transition tag too seeing we'd still get a 1st round pick as compensation if he signs elsewhere. He likes it here though so I could see a deal getting done depending though on if they want to move Raji to NT full time or if Pickett out prices himself.

Jolly is kind of on a short leash for me. At times he can be dominant but he's starting to show some undiscipline this year with stupid personal foul penalties. Throw in his looming drug case this offseason and I think you have to question wether this is a guy you want to shell out alot of money too. Depending on the case though he should be back as a restricted free agent next year.

I wish that Thompson would have spent some of this years money on contract extentions though. There's a point of being finacially feasible but when you have the amount of potential restricted/free agents that we do I think it would've been more wise to hand out extentions to key players and use that cap space we had this year.

BloodBrother
12-14-2009, 01:21 PM
With a potential uncapped season looming Collins, Trammon, Colledge, Spitz, ect... could all become restricted free agents. Chillar was unrestricted so I'm assuming those guys are becoming priority before guys who will likely be back because of their potential restricted status.

Bingo. That is exactly it. With those guys set to probably be RFA's, the Packers can wait it out with them, while getting deals done with CHillar/Pickett who are more of a priority right now due to the fact that THEY would be UFA's after this year

Also, don't get why some people are calling Chillar a backup. He was the starter this year until he broke his hand, and ever since he's been slowly getting healthy they are slowly increasing his reps again. He'll be on the field constantly. I like the deal, 7 mill guaranteed for a solid LBer in a scheme where you always want to have a ton of depth at LB

Now, I'd expect Poppinga to take a paycut...he's making too much for not being on the field all too much.

Whistler6
12-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Giving a guy a 400% pay raise who's name I haven't heard in the past 4 weeks seems a bit hasty to me. I'm not sure what's going on behind doors, like Collins getting offers, but if I were Nick I'd probably take this as a smack to the face...

Steady, productive, good special teams play, but it's a lot of money to pay a borderline starter. Even if only a fraction is guaranteed.

TitleTown088
12-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Giving a guy a 400% pay raise You do realize NFL contracts don't work like that, at all?

As a matter of fact his real contract details haven't even been announced yet, so I'd wait to look at them before you criticize it. Regardless, its nowhere near a 400% raise.

Boston
12-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Yeah, only 7 million guaranteed is the kicker right now, which isn't too bad. Especially for somebody like Chillar who gives our defense so much versatility, which is ideal for Capers and the scheme. I wonder what this means for Hawk and Bishop though. Hawk's finally come around to the 3-4 and has been playing on a very high level as of late, and Bishop looks to have a lot of potential in this defense, so we'll see what happens.

And of course we still have Collins to sign on defense, and he's priority one at this point, so the move is a bit of a head scratcher, but it's one that was probably going to be done at some point.

Whistler6
12-14-2009, 08:49 PM
You do realize NFL contracts don't work like that, at all?

As a matter of fact his real contract details haven't even been announced yet, so I'd wait to look at them before you criticize it. Regardless, its nowhere near a 400% raise.

Umm...He'll be making roughly 9 million dollars from now to the end of next season.

cvv84
12-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Umm...He'll be making roughly 9 million dollars from now to the end of next season.

According to this (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/79241012.html) article, a large chuck of that $9.5 million is going to be eaten up under this years salary cap. Thats going to leave around $11.5 for the final 3 years of his deal. Considering that Hawk is a free agent after next season and Chillars role in the nickel package I think it a good deal on a player thats going to play a good sized role on our team now and in the future.

TitleTown088
12-14-2009, 09:26 PM

Like I said, You don't pay too much attention to how NFL contracts work.

Most of the is probably a roster bonus that will count against this years cap and the remaining salary of the others years will be considerably lower.

Whistler6
12-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Yeah I guess your right, I don't reallllly understand how NFL contracts work. But I was just repeating what I heard on the Packers radio station. He's versatile, can play almost any position of the 4 LBackers, solid cover guy, and a great special teamer... So I guess they are getting exactly what they are paying for.

When I heard 9 million in a one year span, I made snap judgement. Spread out, it sounds much better. We'll see how he works out.

TitleTown088
12-15-2009, 01:56 AM
So I guess they are getting exactly what they are paying for.

Yeah pretty much. Fair market value.

cvv84
12-15-2009, 10:43 AM
According to the NFL, the Green Bay Packers can clinch a playoff berth this week if:

The Packers beat the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday AND

•Either the Dallas Cowboys lose vs. New Orleans (Sat., 7:20 p.m.);

OR

•The New York Giants lose OR tie vs. Washington (Mon., 7:30 p.m.)

Or if the Packers tie the Steelers, they need the Giants to lose.

So if the Cowboys lose to the undefeated Saints on Saturday night, the Packers will take to Heinz Field on Sunday afternoon knowing a win gets them in.

RockJock07
12-15-2009, 11:42 AM
According to the NFL, the Green Bay Packers can clinch a playoff berth this week if:

The Packers beat the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday AND

•Either the Dallas Cowboys lose vs. New Orleans (Sat., 7:20 p.m.);

OR

•The New York Giants lose OR tie vs. Washington (Mon., 7:30 p.m.)

Or if the Packers tie the Steelers, they need the Giants to lose.

So if the Cowboys lose to the undefeated Saints on Saturday night, the Packers will take to Heinz Field on Sunday afternoon knowing a win gets them in.

I expect a win this Sunday however I hope they aren't overlooking this Steelers team. Steelers still are a good team just as most of said, they are a team without an identity. They can't run the ball but Big Ben can pass pretty well and their defense seems like their best days are behind them.

Per ESPN, if Playoffs started today, the Packers play at Arizona at the #5 seed, meaning if they would win that game and the #6 seed wins, the pack goes to Minnesota....

Favre4ever
12-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I expect a win this Sunday however I hope they aren't overlooking this Steelers team. Steelers still are a good team just as most of said, they are a team without an identity. They can't run the ball but Big Ben can pass pretty well and their defense seems like their best days are behind them.

Per ESPN, if Playoffs started today, the Packers play at Arizona at the #5 seed, meaning if they would win that game and the #6 seed wins, the pack goes to Minnesota....

How could the packers overlook the Steelers? They are the WC and they are playing their season. You can be sure that the players dont even need the coaches to remind them. Sunday is pretty much the game of the year for the Packers, it should be a great football game.

RockJock07
12-15-2009, 01:46 PM
How could the packers overlook the Steelers? They are the WC and they are playing their season. You can be sure that the players dont even need the coaches to remind them. Sunday is pretty much the game of the year for the Packers, it should be a great football game.

They could overlook them in the sense that they are a floundering team that lost to the Browns and Raiders in back-to-back weeks and has looked awful in both games. Publicly of course the Packers are saying all the right things I just hope they are focused.

I would argue that the Dallas game was the biggest of the season but either way, your right, it's going to be fun watching the Pack this weekend.

jackalope
12-15-2009, 03:45 PM
I was think about the playoff scenario today, and I had an interesting thought. Week 17 we play in Arizona. Currently we have the 5 seed and Arizona the 4 seed, so as of right now, the following week would be again, us in Arizona. However, there's a chance that if we were to lose that game we would drop to the 6 seed and Arizona would remain the 4 seed. This could mean that a win in Arizona our last week allows us to play the team we just beat again (which I'm sure we would be fine with since we just proved we can beat them), but a lose would allow us to play the 3 seed (the NFC East champ) and not have to match up against Arizona again. There's also the possibility that we lose the game, drop to the 6 seed and have to play Arizona as the 3 seed, which would probably be the worst-case-scenario. That may have been somewhat confusing to read, but it's just an interesting possibility.

cvv84
12-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Packers DE Johnny Jolly was indicted (http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20091215/PKR01/91215157/1057/PKR&located=rss) on drug possession charges for a second time Tuesday.

Here we go again.

princefielder28
12-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Packers DE Johnny Jolly was indicted (http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20091215/PKR01/91215157/1057/PKR&located=rss) on drug possession charges for a second time Tuesday.

Here we go again.

Super duper! Great news.....blah

JF4
12-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Can he get suspended again for that? I wouldn't think so, I mean he's already served a 4 gamer right?

Just hope this holds out till the off-season.

cvv84
12-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Can he get suspended again for that? I wouldn't think so, I mean he's already served a 4 gamer right?

Just hope this holds out till the off-season.

I don't believe that he's ever been suspended. The case was dropped originally so they couldn't suspend him over a non-prosecution.

TitleTown088
12-15-2009, 10:47 PM
I bet it will be settle after the season is over. Reguardless Jolly is not a person who makes good decisions.

At least we don't have 4(5 counting Harvin) people who have been in trouble for substances in the last year like our purple neighbors. :)

Whistler6
12-15-2009, 10:57 PM
I bet it will be settle after the season is over. Reguardless Jolly is not a person who makes good decisions.

At least we don't have 4(5 counting Harvin) people who have been in trouble for substances in the last year like our purple neighbors. :)

That's including Erin Henderson, who just got suspended 4 games for illegal performance enhancer right? If the Williams pad can get out of their issues a couple times over, Jolly should be able to last the season.

umphrey
12-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Fan pro bowl voting includes no (zero!) Packers as the leader for their NFC position. I'm not going to complain too much except for Asante Samuel getting more votes than Woodson is a crime.

cvv84
12-16-2009, 02:48 PM

Exactally. He definetly has some talent but he's been a little bit of a hot head on the field this year. Luckily we have Raji now.

umphrey
12-16-2009, 07:27 PM
He adds a lot to our defensive line though. He was a rookie who got caught with drugs and it hasn't happened since. I wouldn't start labeling him because of that. However he can't consistently commit stupid penalties on the field and expect the team to put up with it. I fully expect that to change with maturity, but if it doesn't, then I have a problem with him. Coaches have to coach him with an iron fist.

TitleTown088
12-16-2009, 07:51 PM
He adds a lot to our defensive line though. He was a rookie who got caught with drugs and it hasn't happened since. I wouldn't start labeling him because of that. However he can't consistently commit stupid penalties on the field and expect the team to put up with it. I fully expect that to change with maturity, but if it doesn't, then I have a problem with him. Coaches have to coach him with an iron fist.

I don't think that happened when he was a rookie.

umphrey
12-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Yeah now that I think about it I'm pretty sure you're right. His case has been dragging on forever though, it was probably his second year.

cvv84
12-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Yeah now that I think about it I'm pretty sure you're right. His case has been dragging on forever though, it was probably his second year.

It happened last year, his 3rd year in the league. Its dragging on because they didn't have the equipment to test the amount of codine that Jolly had in his possession. Now they have the equipment so he's being reindicted.

tjsunstein
12-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Guys,

If you haven't already, sign up for the Forum Mock if you're interested. Can't have too many heads together.

cuzifelt1ikeit
12-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Guys,

If you haven't already, sign up for the Forum Mock if you're interested. Can't have too many heads together.

when is the draft? im in if it is before the 19th

ImBrotherCain
12-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Soo im headed to my second Packer game this weekend... im 0-1 in attending Packer games (with my first being a loss to the Bills in 2006) But since i moved to Pittsburgh 7 months ago i knew i had to go. My parents picked me up the tickets as a B-Day gift... Kinda hoping for a big win so i can shut these Shitter fans up.

cvv84
12-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Good article (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/79695472.html) on Clay Matthews and his running for the DROY. I think don't think he has a shot over Cushing and Orakpo but it shows how much of an impact he made for us while not even starting until week 4.

TitleTown088
12-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Good article (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/79695472.html) on Clay Matthews and his running for the DROY. I think don't think he has a shot over Cushing and Orakpo but it shows how much of an impact he made for us while not even starting until week 4.
The words Kevin Greene had to say about Clay were damn impressive. Hopefully they prove to be true.

Whistler6
12-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Soo im headed to my second Packer game this weekend... im 0-1 in attending Packer games (with my first being a loss to the Bills in 2006) But since i moved to Pittsburgh 7 months ago i knew i had to go. My parents picked me up the tickets as a B-Day gift... Kinda hoping for a big win so i can shut these Shitter fans up.

Hopefully you make it there without being wiped out by the snowstorm. My Uncle already got in a (non-serious) car accident, and his sister is snowed in at the airport in Washington.

Have a blast though dude. I'd be okay with you stomping out a few terrible towels.

umphrey
12-20-2009, 12:51 PM

He would have won it lots of other years. Clay will get more consideration than people give him credit for. He plays for a top defense on a playoff team as opposed to his competition. He also has 3 more weeks to get some stats. Didn't do the math but Clay has 8 sacks in 10 games as opposed to Orakpo's 11 in 13 which puts them very close in sacks/game. Cushing has a ton of tackles which doesn't really impress me too much, but his safety, 3 INTs, 2 FFs and 12 PDefs do. Realistically, Clay would have to play out of his mind to bridge that gap.

Does anyone know a site that has the tackles for loss statistic? None of the major ones do. I'm starting to wonder if the NFL keeps track of those.

cvv84
12-20-2009, 06:28 PM
He would have won it lots of other years. Clay will get more consideration than people give him credit for. He plays for a top defense on a playoff team as opposed to his competition. He also has 3 more weeks to get some stats. Didn't do the math but Clay has 8 sacks in 10 games as opposed to Orakpo's 11 in 13 which puts them very close in sacks/game. Cushing has a ton of tackles which doesn't really impress me too much, but his safety, 3 INTs, 2 FFs and 12 PDefs do. Realistically, Clay would have to play out of his mind to bridge that gap.

Does anyone know a site that has the tackles for loss statistic? None of the major ones do. I'm starting to wonder if the NFL keeps track of those.

2 more sacks today. Should've been 3 sacks and another forced fumble too.

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 10:47 AM
For the 1st time this season, Charles Woodson looked human...I wouldn't say sub-par, but I'm so used to him being Mr. Lights Out that not seeing a game chaning pick or sack was different.

And I don't think I heard Nick Collins name called once during the game. I guess that could be a positive though. Just random observations

cvv84
12-21-2009, 01:18 PM
For the 1st time this season, Charles Woodson looked human...I wouldn't say sub-par, but I'm so used to him being Mr. Lights Out that not seeing a game chaning pick or sack was different.

And I don't think I heard Nick Collins name called once during the game. I guess that could be a positive though. Just random observations

Lets be realistic though, we run a defense pretty much identical to that in which the Steelers run.

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Lets be realistic though, we run a defense pretty much identical to that in which the Steelers run.

Yeah we do, but I don't understand your point.

TitleTown088
12-21-2009, 01:40 PM

Yeah, Ben knows how to play that defense inside and out.

I still bet we had 2 dropped INTs and a missed sack that could have ended that game.

cvv84
12-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah we do, but I don't understand your point.

My point is that the Ben and the Steelers offense practices against these guys on a daily basis. They know how the defense works and how to exploit it.

In reguards to your "ghost" comment on Collins, Bigby would be the guy we'd use like Polamalu but our version uses more zone coverage from our safties. Thats why I think that Bigby is a liabilty in the defense.

Yeah, Ben knows how to play that defense inside and out.

I still bet we had 2 dropped INTs and a missed sack that could have ended that game.

Agreed. I think Jenkins had at least 2 sacks wiped away from penalites too. I still knew we were going to lose when we started in the prevent on that last drive. You don't take away your best asset (our LBs) and put in 5th, 6th, practice squad CBs that were street free agents at the end of the game. But what do I know.

RockJock07
12-21-2009, 02:05 PM
That last drive vs the Packers was a clinic on how to lose a game. Chillar's IC call was awful, come on, did you really have to knock him off of his feet? He needs to be smarter than that.

In both MN games and this game the packers didn't get to the QB whether it be by play calling or just a lack of pressure, either way, they got schooled. HAVE to get to the QB in order to help out your secondary.

Now that the secondary has been exponsed, Capers needs to blitz like there is no tomorrow, have to create havoc in the backfield. Can Jones play ILB and if Hawk needs to play he can just rush the QB in tandem with Matthews.

cvv84
12-21-2009, 02:34 PM
That last drive vs the Packers was a clinic on how to lose a game. Chillar's IC call was awful, come on, did you really have to knock him off of his feet? He needs to be smarter than that.

In both MN games and this game the packers didn't get to the QB whether it be by play calling or just a lack of pressure, either way, they got schooled. HAVE to get to the QB in order to help out your secondary.

Now that the secondary has been exponsed, Capers needs to blitz like there is no tomorrow, have to create havoc in the backfield. Can Jones play ILB and if Hawk needs to play he can just rush the QB in tandem with Matthews.

I don't think Hawk has the rush moves in order to play OLB. And really our secondary wasn't really exposed as much as our lack of depth is starting to show once we lost Harris, in addition to Blackmon and Lee.

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't think Hawk has the rush moves in order to play OLB. And really our secondary wasn't really exposed as much as our lack of depth is starting to show once we lost Harris, in addition to Blackmon and Lee.

It's a shame too, because lack of depth might be ther undoing this season. Their offense has close to limitless potential, but the D can only go so far with Bush and the like holding down a side of the field.

RyanBraun8
12-21-2009, 08:23 PM

As Cvv84 said I don't think Hawk would really help rushing on the outside hence why they moved him inside in the first place. I think the Jones and Matthews is doing fine. Jones is starting to get some decent pressure at OLB. I think Hawk is a hell of a lot better of a blitzer up the middle.

Still don't understand why Chillar was the Packers number priority to lock up? Nick Collins, Johny Jolly, Ryan Prickett, Spitz, Colledge, Clifton are really less important than Chillar? Questionable priorities....

PackerLegend
12-21-2009, 08:41 PM
My point is that the Ben and the Steelers offense practices against these guys on a daily basis. They know how the defense works and how to exploit it.

In reguards to your "ghost" comment on Collins, Bigby would be the guy we'd use like Polamalu but our version uses more zone coverage from our safties. Thats why I think that Bigby is a liabilty in the defense.

Agreed. I think Jenkins had at least 2 sacks wiped away from penalites too. I still knew we were going to lose when we started in the prevent on that last drive. You don't take away your best asset (our LBs) and put in 5th, 6th, practice squad CBs that were street free agents at the end of the game. But what do I know.

Ya we seem to go to prevent defense all the time and it fails. Its the best when our blitz's are working pretty good then for some reason we feel the need to play conservative and get raped.

TitleTown088
12-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Damn Giants.Why can't you just lose?

Whistler6
12-21-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm nervous now. Green Bay basically HAS to win this week to secure their spot right? It should be a win, but after the Tampa game you just never know.

Gotta love close, competitive, December-January NFL games. (Not tonight)

PackerLegend
12-21-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm nervous now. Green Bay basically HAS to win this week to secure their spot right? It should be a win, but after the Tampa game you just never know.

Gotta love close, competitive, December-January NFL games. (Not tonight)

IDK if we win and Cowboys lose we would get in because they could only tie us and I don't think they can win there division. So the last week wouldn't matter when we hold the tie breaker. I also remember reading a week ago that we would hold the tiebreaker over the Giants too. Basically we just need to take care of business. I don't want to have to root for Minny to beat the Giants week 17. Eagles also play the Cowboys week 17 to I think.

PackerLegend
12-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Heres if we ended up tieing the Giants.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.
Two Clubs
1.Head-to-head, if applicable.
2.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

The Packers are 7-3 the Giants are 6-4 within the conference. Thats right now but theres 2 games left and if end up tieing for that I don't really want to continue down the list because i don't feel like looking up the 3rd tiebreaker.

3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4.Strength of victory.
5.Strength of schedule.
6.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8.Best net points in conference games.
9.Best net points in all games.
10.Best net touchdowns in all games.
11.Coin toss.

Whistler6
12-22-2009, 01:19 PM
NFL Primetime just said if the Giants and Packers finish tied, the Giants would jump ahead of Green Bay. They gotta win out. Soundly take care of Seattle this week, and hope the Giants slip I guess.

Uhh what a let down it'd be if they missed the playoffs now.

princefielder28
12-22-2009, 01:31 PM
For what it's worth Brian Brohm is likely starting Sunday for Buffalo at Atlanta

cvv84
12-22-2009, 01:37 PM
NFL Primetime just said if the Giants and Packers finish tied, the Giants would jump ahead of Green Bay. They gotta win out. Soundly take care of Seattle this week, and hope the Giants slip I guess.

Uhh what a let down it'd be if they missed the playoffs now.

But if the Packers, Giants, and Cowboys all finsih with the same record it will be the Packers and Cowboys in the playoffs.

Giants have Carolina at home and the Vikings at Minnesota.

cvv84
12-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Packers home games
Chicago Bears
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions
Dallas Cowboys (for third-straight season)
New York Giants (2007 NFC Championship game rematch)
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
San Francisco 49ers or Seattle Seahawks (49ers have one-game lead for 2nd in NFC West with two to play)

Packers road games
Chicago Bears
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions
Philadelphia Eagles (could be a 2009 playoff rematch)
Washington Redskins
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Atlanta Falcons or Carolina Panthers (Falcons have one-game lead for 2nd in NFC South)

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/79919552.html

PackerLegend
12-22-2009, 04:26 PM
But if the Packers, Giants, and Cowboys all finsih with the same record it will be the Packers and Cowboys in the playoffs.

Giants have Carolina at home and the Vikings at Minnesota.

No I think it would be the Packers and Giants. Bottom line is we have to win and if we need to rely on some other team losing we shouldn't be there in the first place.

cvv84
12-22-2009, 04:39 PM
No I think it would be the Packers and Giants. Bottom line is we have to win and if we need to rely on some other team losing we shouldn't be there in the first place.

Yeah, you're right.

cvv84
12-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Clay Matthews up for rookie of the week honors. He's already won it twice. Lets get him a 3rd.

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies

cvv84
12-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Good breakdown (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/79903027.html)on this years stellar Packers rookie class.

Whistler6
12-23-2009, 11:08 AM
"Former Packers punter Jon Ryan’s leg strength is as good as ever. He ranks No. 5 in the NFL in gross average (47.1 yards) and No. 11 in net average (39.2 yards) among punters with at least 10 attempts."

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20091222/PKR01/312220153/1058/PKR01/Seahawks-scouting-report--They-re-down-at-almost-every-position?GID=px5wc1/wiwQPlcQkjz5Dv3XcxA3d1AXBxDysjyjBRnQ%3D

From Packernews.com. Remember when TT cut Ryan for Frost?

cvv84
12-23-2009, 12:40 PM
"Former Packers punter Jon Ryan’s leg strength is as good as ever. He ranks No. 5 in the NFL in gross average (47.1 yards) and No. 11 in net average (39.2 yards) among punters with at least 10 attempts."

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20091222/PKR01/312220153/1058/PKR01/Seahawks-scouting-report--They-re-down-at-almost-every-position?GID=px5wc1/wiwQPlcQkjz5Dv3XcxA3d1AXBxDysjyjBRnQ%3D

From Packernews.com. Remember when TT cut Ryan for Frost?

Ugh. EVERYONE hated that move. Cut your punter (and holder) who've you developed a week before the season opener.

Whistler6
12-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Ugh. EVERYONE hated that move. Cut your punter (and holder) who've you developed a week before the season opener.

I think the part that really upset me was the guy they replaced Ryan with was just thrown to the trash heap from another team. I'd like to get inside MM and Ted Thompson's head for a day...Just to see their reasoning and logic.

On the bright side, Rodger's is going to finish the season well over 4,000 yards and 30 TDs. For his 2nd year starting, that is flat out incredible.

cvv84
12-23-2009, 03:10 PM
I think the part that really upset me was the guy they replaced Ryan with was just thrown to the trash heap from another team. I'd like to get inside MM and Ted Thompson's head for a day...Just to see their reasoning and logic.

On the bright side, Rodger's is going to finish the season well over 4,000 yards and 30 TDs. For his 2nd year starting, that is flat out incredible.

I was looking at the over/under (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34665)thread I made before the start of the season. Its looking like 80% of the questions are going to be over by the time the season is done. I'm going to have to make them a little more difficult next year.

Whistler6
12-23-2009, 03:31 PM
I guess we didn't set out expectations high enough, haha. Rodger's maturity to this point is blowing me away though. He has 8 fewer INT's than last year and as many TD passes (28) as he did total in 2008.

Look at Favre's stats, not once did he finish a season with a passer rating above 100.00. Stats are deceiving and wins should be above all else, but it's saying something when your rating and completion percentage are so high.

Even Rodger's adjustments from the first half of the season...moving around in the pocket, getting rid of the ball quicker, avoiding sacks, etc. Wow do I have a man crush.

ImBrotherCain
12-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Pretty good write up on Woodson: [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?page=hotread15/Woodson"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?page=hotread15/Woodson[/URa

Man do i hope he can keep up this play for years to come... and if he needs to in the future maybe he can switch to safety like Rod did.

cvv84
12-27-2009, 03:16 PM
PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Packystan
12-27-2009, 04:24 PM
How sweet it is! Great turnaround after that terrible Tampa loss, they've really weathered the storm nicely.

princefielder28
12-27-2009, 05:07 PM
PLAYOFFS!!!!!

it's great to be back in the playoffs and it'll be fun to see how Rodgers & Co. do in their first appearance.

PackerLegend
12-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Good to see some other teams fall victim to the Bucs, don't feel so bad now. Hopefully Mason is over his hump.... and Jarret Bush you need alot more then 1 int to make up for your suckyness but its a start.

jackalope
12-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Good to see some other teams fall victim to the Bucs, don't feel so bad now. Hopefully Mason is over his hump.... and Jarret Bush you need alot more then 1 int to make up for your suckyness but its a start.

The best part about his pick was that he had no idea where the ball was until a split second before it would have hit him in the head.

Hopefully Crosby can build on today. The thing about Crosby is that I trust him just as much from 50 yards out as I do from 40. It doesn't seem like where he is on the field affects him very much.

Feels nice to have the playoffs all locked up and not have to worry. Next week should be an interesting game.

Boston
12-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Jarrett Bush has the worst ball skills I've ever seen. Coverage isn't necessarily his problem, he just cannot find the ball in the air to save his life. It all starts with turning your head...

TitleTown088
12-28-2009, 01:35 AM
it's great to be back in the playoffs and it'll be fun to see how Rodgers & Co. do in their first appearance.

You just know we're going to play the Vikings somehow.

Jim Jim
12-28-2009, 02:47 AM
Jarrett Bush has the worst ball skills I've ever seen. Coverage isn't necessarily his problem, he just cannot find the ball in the air to save his life. It all starts with turning your head...

I totally agree. He barely got that interception and it was more of a result of Hassleback simply throwing it right into his hands. I really think Bush will be a major factor that causes to falter in the playoffs. I wish we would have tried harder to pick McKenzie up again, if only for his experience and ball skills.

PackerLegend
12-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Well atleast he caught the ball! When we played the Lions the 2nd time Bush had a ball thrown into his hands and he dropped it. I dont really understand why a team hasn't just repeatedly thrown it towards Bush more. He gets burned every game.

Jim Jim
12-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I think this is what we we have to look forward to in the playoffs. Bush is going to be victimized like no other.

Twiddler
12-28-2009, 04:18 PM
I totally agree. He barely got that interception and it was more of a result of Hassleback simply throwing it right into his hands. I really think Bush will be a major factor that causes to falter in the playoffs. I wish we would have tried harder to pick McKenzie up again, if only for his experience and ball skills.

I'm sorry, I'm not a fan of Bush either, but didn't he pretty much play that route perfectly? He kept up with Housh from the start, and when he saw that the route was turning inside he got between Hasselbeck and Housh and continued to keep up with him. I really don't see how people could complain about that. And the complaint that he didn't see the ball until a split second before is kind of ridiculous. These guys are pros, and part of what they have to do is catch a ball (as a receiver or corner) when they only have a split second to locate it. If that was Woodson making that pick we would have all been saying how awesome it was that he was able to make the pick.

Again, I'm not saying I'm a fan of the guy because he frustrates the hell out of me often, but give the guy his credit when he has it coming.

cvv84
12-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Now I hate Jarrett Bush as much as the next guy, but this is really starting to become a beaten topic. He is what he is and that happens to be a 4th year former undrafted free agent special teamer who's forced into action due to injuries.

Its near impossible to have the depth to cover the loss of 3 CBs during a season so we just need to be able to adjust our gameplan accordingly.

TitleTown088
12-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Now I hate Jarrett Bush as much as the next guy, but this is really starting to become a beaten topic. .

No kidding.His INT was a darn good play and people are talking down on him for even that. I'm not in favor of the guy but give credit where credit is due.

Whistler6
12-29-2009, 11:15 AM
As soon as he got that INT, my Dad started knocking me for ripping him so much. I'll give credit where it's due though, so Jarrett Bush congratulations on making 1 play this season...Keep that film, keep the ball, and shake Matt Hasselback's hand. Because, I'm sorry, but you will be the victim of many a rape in the playoffs coming up here.

Wow, call me Debbie Downer.... Heck of a game though. Raji and Jolly both looked dynamic, and here's some love to Mason Crosby.

Whistler6
12-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Did anyone else catch a couple of those blocks Quinn Johnson landed during Grant's big runs? There isn't much more that gets me as excited than seeing a full black completely victimize a rushing linebacker.

I gotta stop making comparisons to "victimizing" and "rape"...ish. Still, Green Bay bent Seattle over and, AH nevermind that.

cvv84
12-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Did anyone else catch a couple of those blocks Quinn Johnson landed during Grant's big runs? There isn't much more that gets me as excited than seeing a full black completely victimize a rushing linebacker.

I gotta stop making comparisons to "victimizing" and "rape"...ish. Still, Green Bay bent Seattle over and, AH nevermind that.

With John Kuhn being deactivated lately in favor of QJ it looks like the writing is on the wall for him. I still hate carrying all these FBs though. If QJ can develop and become a competent starter I'd prefer to put that extra roster spot towards, oh say, the cornerback position.

Wow, call me Debbie Downer.... Heck of a game though. Raji and Jolly both looked dynamic, and here's some love to Mason Crosby.

I'm extrememly happy that guys like Jenkins, Pickett, and Jolly have proved to be great fits for the 3-4. We haven't really needed Raji so now we have a fresh body at the end of the season here and into the playoffs. We need to keep building on this defense though. I'd love to have another CB in the wings to learn from a guy like Woodson. If we could add another pass rusher and CB I'd be happy.

umphrey
12-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Bush is what like our 6th CB on the depth chart? People seem to forget that pretty quickly. I've seen him shadow receivers really well most of the time but when the throw comes he either chokes and starts grabbing (PI penalty) or just isn't able to see the ball and deflect it. Also unlike our starters he isn't able to be physical at the line of scrimmage to throw off the timing or cause an incompletion after the receiver gets his hands on the ball by stripping it or making a hit.

jackalope
12-29-2009, 12:38 PM
http://packers.com/news/stories/2009/12/29/1/

Nick Collins won the team's Ed Block Courage Award.

On the wake of Brandon Jackson's 3 TD performance, I decided to buy his jersey yesterday. Call me crazy, but it was only $13 at Marshall's.

RyanBraun8
12-29-2009, 01:11 PM
I have never really complained about the Packers keeping Bush on the roster because he is pretty good on special teams but I have tore him apart for his coverage as much as the next guy. This is the first time I have ever said this before but Jarrett congrats and nice play. I'm still in shock that the guy actually found the the ball in the air, it may be the first time ever but hey he made the play and got to give credit where credit is due.

PackerLegend
12-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Well guess what, if the Packers wouldn't have handed that Steelers game away we would be 11-4 just like the Vikings. Now if the Vikings would lose next week and the Packers win we could have won the division. Whats more important though is the Packers could have become the #2 seed and had a 1st round bye. Thats for sure if the Cowboys would beat the Eagles. Not sure how our tiebreaker with the Eagles would have worked if they won, might have gotten the 3 seed.

Its impossible now sadly and would depend on the Vikings choking again but just think..... If the Vikings do lose and the Packers win we could have gotten the 2 seed and division :(

cvv84
12-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Ryan Grant is 8th in the NFL in rushing yards and 3rd in the NFC.

Jermichael Finley is 10th in the NFL in receiving yards by a TE and is 6th in the NFC.

Nick Collins is 2nd among safties with 6 INTs and is 4th in passes defensed.

jackalope
12-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Well guess what, if the Packers wouldn't have handed that Steelers game away we would be 11-4 just like the Vikings. Now if the Vikings would lose next week and the Packers win we could have won the division. Whats more important though is the Packers could have become the #2 seed and had a 1st round bye. Thats for sure if the Cowboys would beat the Eagles. Not sure how our tiebreaker with the Eagles would have worked if they won, might have gotten the 3 seed.

Its impossible now sadly and would depend on the Vikings choking again but just think..... If the Vikings do lose and the Packers win we could have gotten the 2 seed and division :(

As long as we're play the "what if" game, it still bothers me that we had to play the Vikings in the first half of the season both times, since I think we're the better team at this point. Had we won one of the games against Minnesota, we'd have the division locked up already.

Whistler6
12-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Well, Green Bay swept the Vikings during the regular season a couple years back and ended up getting beat by them in the playoffs that same season...So perhaps 3rd time could be the charm this time around?

Since we can finally talk playoffs now, what would you consider a successful season? Is making it to the playoffs a good season or would losing first round wipe away that success? One playoff win, superbowl appearance? I'm pretty ecstatic just to be IN the playoffs competing this year, but that's me.

PACKmanN
12-29-2009, 05:20 PM
As long as we're play the "what if" game, it still bothers me that we had to play the Vikings in the first half of the season both times, since I think we're the better team at this point. Had we won one of the games against Minnesota, we'd have the division locked up already.

had we not lost to the Bucs....

princefielder28
12-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Well, Green Bay swept the Vikings during the regular season a couple years back and ended up getting beat by them in the playoffs that same season...So perhaps 3rd time could be the charm this time around?

Since we can finally talk playoffs now, what would you consider a successful season? Is making it to the playoffs a good season or would losing first round wipe away that success? One playoff win, superbowl appearance? I'm pretty ecstatic just to be IN the playoffs competing this year, but that's me.

I think making it to the playoffs makes it a successful season, especially after a 6-10 season last year. Will it be upsetting if they lose in the first round of the playoffs? Of course but that doesn't mean that this season wasn't a success.

TitleTown088
12-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Woodson, Collins, and Rodgers are in the probowl. Clay, Hawk, Grant and Cliffy alternates.

ImBrotherCain
12-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Woodson, Collins, and Rodgers are in the probowl. Clay, Hawk, Grant and Cliffy alternates.

For Clay to go even as an Alt is a big thing. Props to him and everyone else on team that made it!

AJHawk50
12-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Very cool, I don't believe Hawk has ever been an alternate either...good to see. Wish Clay could have made the Pro Bowl, but he's next in line...

cvv84
12-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Orapko over Clay is a joke. If he didn't abuse Mario Henderson he'd have 3 less sacks than Clay in 3 more starts. Pro Bowl is a joke.

Jim Jim
12-29-2009, 09:25 PM
I hope we lock up Collins now.

cvv84
12-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Aaron Rodgers predicted to be the next NFL 'player of the decade' (http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/article/2009-12-30/players-next-decade-rodgers-james-mauer-and-ovechkin)

Whistler6
12-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Aaron Rodgers predicted to be the next NFL 'player of the decade' (http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/article/2009-12-30/players-next-decade-rodgers-james-mauer-and-ovechkin)

Hard to argue with that. With guys like Jordy, JerMike Finley, and Greg Jennings who will basically be growing up with him... he definitely has the core to continue to be successful.

I still remember the 2-3 hours of him sitting in the green room as 23 teams passed on the pretty boy Cal QB who just might no be that good. What a steal.

Wow we've been freak'n lucky as Packer fans. 17 years of 'arguably' the greatest ever in Brett Favre and then a seamless transition to the new guy who has 60 TD passes in his 1st 2 seasons as a starter.

Poor Lions, Browns, and even Bear fans...

Whistler6
12-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Has Revis passed Woodson for the lead as DPOY? Woodson's stats are incredible despite not making too much noise the past 2 games, but even that is a plus. Meaning he really hasn't been beat or thrown at much.

Still, Revis in truly a shutdown corner and leads the NFL (I think) in defended passes. Hopefully Charles ends the year with a big fat pick 6 next week.

cvv84
12-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Has Revis passed Woodson for the lead as DPOY? Woodson's stats are incredible despite not making too much noise the past 2 games, but even that is a plus. Meaning he really hasn't been beat or thrown at much.

Still, Revis in truly a shutdown corner and leads the NFL (I think) in defended passes. Hopefully Charles ends the year with a big fat pick 6 next week.

I think Woodson has it locked up personally.

Twiddler
12-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Orapko over Clay is a joke. If he didn't abuse Mario Henderson he'd have 3 less sacks than Clay in 3 more starts. Pro Bowl is a joke.

All the reason to not really care about it. I mean, the Pro Bowl's a nice thought, but its not really anything to pay attention to. Hell, the only ones who should really care about the Pro Bowl are the players lose the money they stand to gain from it.

cvv84
12-30-2009, 07:39 PM
All the reason to not really care about it. I mean, the Pro Bowl's a nice thought, but its not really anything to pay attention to. Hell, the only ones who should really care about the Pro Bowl are the players lose the money they stand to gain from it.

I just wish that reconize the players that should be reconized. Remove the fan vote and I might actually tune in.

Whistler6
12-31-2009, 09:08 AM
Exactly. Uh duh the players from bigger cities are going to get voted in more regularly. I doubt it's a coincidence teams like Cincinnati sent 0 players. I don't think Green Bay got "snubbed" or whatever by any means, but some players deserve more recognition.

Let players and coaches put guys in the probowl and leave the 46 year old super fan who voted 150 times a day for both Tom Zbikowski AND Ed Reed out of it.

cvv84
12-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Exactly. Uh duh the players from bigger cities are going to get voted in more regularly. I doubt it's a coincidence teams like Cincinnati sent 0 players. I don't think Green Bay got "snubbed" or whatever by any means, but some players deserve more recognition.

Let players and coaches put guys in the probowl and leave the 46 year old super fan who voted 150 times a day for both Tom Zbikowski AND Ed Reed out of it.

What triggers me is that people see a players success and assume its because of something else. Like with Bryant McKinnie and John Sullivan.

I thought that Ryan Grant should have made it over DeAngelo Williams and Clay Matthews over Brian Orapko. If Orapko didn't dominate the Raiders, he'd have 0 sacks over the past 6 weeks. In that same span Matthews has 6 sacks. At least both guys were named alternates but IMO they should have made it for sure by the vote.

Whistler6
01-01-2010, 12:43 PM
What triggers me is that people see a players success and assume its because of something else. Like with Bryant McKinnie and John Sullivan.

I thought that Ryan Grant should have made it over DeAngelo Williams and Clay Matthews over Brian Orapko. If Orapko didn't dominate the Raiders, he'd have 0 sacks over the past 6 weeks. In that same span Matthews has 6 sacks. At least both guys were named alternates but IMO they should have made it for sure by the vote.

I know it's not football related, but the NBA is a great example of some stupidity in fan voting as well...Tracy McGrady and Allen Iverson would be starting if it ended today. Really?

jackalope
01-01-2010, 01:51 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/31/the-212-players-who-wont-be-unrestricted-free-agents/

I'm sure most of you have seen this already, but it sheds some light on why Chillar was made a priority over some other guys.

Packers (8): safety Atari Bigby, cornerback Will Blackmon (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3610), guard Daryn Colledge (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3698), safety Nick Collins, defensive end Johnny Jolly, fullback John Kuhn, safety Derrick Martin (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3999), center Jason Spitz.

I'd like to see all of those guys brought back and a new contract for Collins before next season. Jolly has a complicated situation, but this should let us bring him back for a year and see what happens with his legal problems before giving him a big contract.

johbur
01-02-2010, 01:11 AM
Charles Woodson deserves to be the DPOY, but Revis plays in NY so there are a large number of East Coast media types (Peter King types) that vote geographically first. Revis has had a nice year, but has he played opposite a #3 for 7 games this year? He also doesn't support the run like Woodson does, not have the impact with bringing pressure on the QB. Hope Woodson gets it, but Revis likely to get the votes.

On an unrelated note, I saw an interesting post by a Broncos fan requesting that the Broncos trade Brandon Marshall for Greg Jennings straight up. I doubt TT would contemplate it, given Marshall's issues with his coach, but if they want to dump Marshall, GB one of the few teams with a proven WR commodity that could engage in such a trade. What is more important, chemistry or talent? You have examples of both, with Moss going to NE working out and Owens going to Dallas not working out.

Have a happy New Year and I'm going to enjoy being at the next two Packers games, most likely as the team looks to be headed back ro AZ for the playoffs. Go Pack Go!!!

Jim Jim
01-02-2010, 10:50 PM
McKenzie is available again. We should really look into getting him here.

cvv84
01-02-2010, 10:53 PM
McKenzie is available again. We should really look into getting him here.

I'd be down with that. I saw on PFT that he's subject to limited waivers though. Still can't believe that we traded him and got stuck with Ahmad Carroll and Joey Thomas... At least we got Nick Collins out of the deal with that 2nd round pick of the Saints.

Whistler6
01-02-2010, 11:03 PM
JT O'Sullivan was part of that deal wasn't he? Can't forget him...

I'd rather go to war with a hobbled Mike Mckenzie than a fully healthy Jarett Bush any day of the week. Mckenzie's attitude was piss poor towards the end of his tenure in Green Bay, but I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat. Doubtful though.

cvv84
01-02-2010, 11:04 PM

Ugh, you're right. Good head coach, terrible GM.

Whistler6
01-03-2010, 04:27 PM

Still, Revis in truly a shutdown corner and leads the NFL (I think) in defended passes. ***Hopefully Charles ends the year with a big fat pick 6 next week.

Wait a second, did I call it or did I call it?

badgerbacker
01-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Wait a second, did I call it or did I call it?

You "hoped for it." I'll allow it because Woodson is awesome.

Whistler6
01-03-2010, 04:32 PM
You "hoped for it." I'll allow it because Woodson is awesome.

Word. Wasn't as much of a prediction as it was a declaration of my love for the immortal Charles Woodson.

PackerLegend
01-03-2010, 06:09 PM
I'd be down with that. I saw on PFT that he's subject to limited waivers though. Still can't believe that we traded him and got stuck with Ahmad Carroll and Joey Thomas... At least we got Nick Collins out of the deal with that 2nd round pick of the Saints.

Drafting Nick Collins with that 2nd really saved us an awful trade. Plus Collins is pretty good and entering his prime where as Mckenzie is pretty old.

Boston
01-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Wow, I know it's nothing out of the ordinary to not see as much coverage for the Packers, but they just done talking about how much momentum the Cowboys have for like ten minutes, and then threw in a two minute bit about the Packers, who have more momentum and destroyed the Cowboys the last time the teams played... ******* wonderful.

cvv84
01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Wow, I know it's nothing out of the ordinary to not see as much coverage for the Packers, but they just done talking about how much momentum the Cowboys have for like ten minutes, and then threw in a two minute bit about the Packers, who have more momentum and destroyed the Cowboys the last time the teams played... ******* wonderful.

Bunch of idiots. I love the "well the Cardinals didn't show any of their gameplan this week" and basically wrote off this game. I mean do they really think the Packers showed their gameplan? We won because we played our starters longer, and even when both teams starters were in we shut them down.

mqtirishfan
01-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Drafting Nick Collins with that 2nd really saved us an awful trade. Plus Collins is pretty good and entering his prime where as Mckenzie is pretty old.

Yeah, I'd argue that drafting Collins managed to turn that into a huge win.

PackerLegend
01-03-2010, 07:56 PM

Well it is America's team. :rolleyes: Im glad the Eagles decided they didn't want a first round bye and gladly handed it back to the Vikings. WTF Eagles!!!

Whistler6
01-03-2010, 08:24 PM
So of the many Packer celebrations we've seen this year, what's the best?

Rodger's strapping on his championship belt, Cullen Jenkins dance, the always awesome Lambeau Leap, Barnett unsheathing his samurai sword, or maybe even Grant's slip and fall on his butt? Although the last one was clearly meant to be a Lambeau leap, hah.

jackalope
01-03-2010, 09:07 PM
So of the many Packer celebrations we've seen this year, what's the best?

Rodger's strapping on his championship belt, Cullen Jenkins dance, the always awesome Lambeau Leap, Barnett unsheathing his samurai sword, or maybe even Grant's slip and fall on his butt? Although the last one was clearly meant to be a Lambeau leap, hah.

Lambeau Leap beats anything for a TD, but I miss last year when the defense would shake hands after an interception.

PackerLegend
01-03-2010, 09:12 PM
So Packers and Eagles wins next week means we would play the Vikings in the divisional round.

Packers and Cowboys wins next week means we would play the Saints in the divisional round.

I like option 1 more because nothing would be better then redemption in the playoffs. Losing to them would suck a whole lot but....... ... ... that better not happen.

Boston
01-03-2010, 09:13 PM
I almost don't want to play the Vikings at all in the playoffs. Yeah it'd be great to knock Favre out for perhaps the last time, but I really don't think I could take losing to the Brett Favre led Vikings three times in one season, with the final loss knocking us out of the playoffs.

cvv84
01-03-2010, 09:27 PM

I'd rather go to war with a hobbled Mike Mckenzie than a fully healthy Jarett Bush any day of the week. Mckenzie's attitude was piss poor towards the end of his tenure in Green Bay, but I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat. Doubtful though.

Holy **** J.T. is still in the league? He's playing for the Bengals right now!

Whistler6
01-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Lambeau Leap beats anything for a TD, but I miss last year when the defense would shake hands after an interception.

It reminds me back in the day when Brett used to "put er in the 'ol vice" with some players and coaches after throwing a TD pass.

Favre4ever
01-03-2010, 09:34 PM
I almost don't want to play the Vikings at all in the playoffs. Yeah it'd be great to knock Favre out for perhaps the last time, but I really don't think I could take losing to the Brett Favre led Vikings three times in one season, with the final loss knocking us out of the playoffs.

I do hope we play the Vikings someway, somehow and you can be sure that Rodgers wants another shot at Brett Favre. To be the best, you have to beat the best. Also, knowing how proud and competitive Rodgers is, i'm sure he wont be at peace unless he beats Brett Favre and the best scenario would in fact be in Minnesota, his new kingdom, in the playoffs where it really matters.

Rodgers will probably be a Hall of fame QB himself if he keeps it up and he will probably win a few championship down the road also. However, I dont think he wants to have the "hes done it all but couldnt beat Favre" tag for the rest of his life.

Whistler6
01-03-2010, 09:38 PM

I'm not sure why I am getting an odd sense of satisfaction by watching JT O'Sullivan sink the Bengals ship even further tonight. He is terrible, but maybe it's the mustache I don't know.

Whistler6
01-03-2010, 09:43 PM
From Jason Wilde on the ESPN NFC North Blog,

BREAKING NEWS: Packers-Cardinals are 3:30 p.m. SUNDAY afternoon on FOX

Adam Schefter first reported he thought it would wind up being on Saturday, but I'm really glad how it worked out. Lock it up guys, one week from today Packers-Cardinals. Win or go home.

PackerLegend
01-03-2010, 10:42 PM

Adam Schefter first reported he thought it would wind up being on Saturday, but I'm really glad how it worked out. Lock it up guys, one week from today Packers-Cardinals. Win or go home.

Wooo exactl same teams, exact same day just 15 min later! I don't care I guess just hope we kick ***. The Cowboys-Eagles and Jets-Bengals also play eachother again. Has this happened before with so many teams playing eachother back to back?

Twiddler
01-03-2010, 10:45 PM

Good news, that extra day should really help us make the travel less of a negative.

Whistler6
01-04-2010, 03:31 PM
This is from Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback. Kind of repetitive, but I think he makes several good points. The first part is his MVP watch and the rest is about TT, MM, and Aaron Rodgers

4. (tie) Brett Favre, QB, Minnesota. His most accurate season (.682), and tied for his best touchdown-to-interception differential (plus-26). An amazing year for a guy who was convinced Aug. 1 he wasn't playing.

4. (tie) Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay. Poetic justice, isn't it, that Rodgers pulls even with Favre in the final week of the year. Don't know if anyone else will do it today, but I think it's due: Eighteen months ago, Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy got roundly taken to the cleaners in the court of public opinion, but now that Rodgers has turned into a top-flight quarterback, I just think it's time to say those guys knew what they were doing.

Stat of the Week
Aaron Rodgers had Bob Lanier shoes to fill when he took the field for the Packers in September 2008, replacing Favre. Packer Nation either said good riddance to Favre (some), the front office is foolish for dumping Favre (maybe half), we're worried as heck about Rodgers (most), or some combination of those. Worry no more. After two regular seasons, Rodgers is not only a capable replacement, but also bordering on being prolific.

Take a look at the combined numbers for Favre's first two MVP years and Rodgers' first two as a starter:

Player Years W-L Pct. Yards TD Int. Sacks Rush Yds-TD Rating

Favre 1995-96 24-8 .750 8,312 77 26 73 317-5 97.7

Rodgers 2008-09 17-15 .531 8,237 58 20 84 523-9 98.5

They're about equally efficient. Favre was more explosive and won more. Rodgers ran better and was slightly more accurate. If you compared apples to apples -- Favre's first two starting seasons (not his first two MVP seasons, but his first two shaky starting seasons) and Rodgers' same two -- the one thing that would stick out is Rodgers' plus-37 TD-to-interception differential and Favre's plus-0.

Bottom line: Rodgers is off to a fabulous start, by any measure. Think of the men who replaced legendary passers of recent vintage like Joe Montana (Steve Young), Dan Marino (Jay Fiedler), John Elway (Brian Griese), Dan Fouts (Stan Humphries, eventually), Troy Aikman (Quincy Carter), and Jim Kelly (Rob Johnson). Young's the only star of the lot.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/01/03/mmqb/3.html

Whistler6
01-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Oh and one other thing that made me kind of giddy today...Only a hanful of other teams in the HISTORY on the NFL have started 6-0 and failed to make the playoffs. Along with this year's Broncos, one of those teams was the 2003 Minnestoa Vikings.

Remember that last play against Arizona where the guy caught the touchdown with no time left eliminating Minnesota and putting Green Bay in the playoffs all at the same time? Possibly my favorite memory as a Packer fan next to Favre's game against Oakland after Irv passed.

cvv84
01-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Oh and one other thing that made me kind of giddy today...Only a hanful of other teams in the HISTORY on the NFL have started 6-0 and failed to make the playoffs. Along with this year's Broncos, one of those teams was the 2003 Minnestoa Vikings.

Remember that last play against Arizona where the guy caught the touchdown with no time left eliminating Minnesota and putting Green Bay in the playoffs all at the same time? Possibly my favorite memory as a Packer fan next to Favre's game against Oakland after Irv passed.

Nate Poole! Can't ever forget that name. Hell he got the key to the city and was invited to the playoff game.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/nfl/img6960282.jpg

badgerbacker
01-04-2010, 06:16 PM
l_wfYAGosi4

TitleTown088
01-04-2010, 06:53 PM
l_wfYAGosi4

Gets better each time. :D

TitleTown088
01-04-2010, 09:08 PM
http://incolor.inebraska.com/billd/images/SAS/rodgerssistinechapel.jpg

Notice something similar in every photo?

Whistler6
01-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Hahahahah, oh my God...My buddy was a walk-on basically 7th string QB for the Badgers a couple years back. Everytime they were on national TV, he would spend the entire game standing behind or closest to the coach he could for that 1 second of camera time.

You gotta love A-Rodg for sneaking in each shot. Who knew pretty Cali boy would turn into such a star.

badgerbacker
01-04-2010, 09:31 PM
That is freaking awesome. I knew Rodgers was hilarious, and this proves it further.

PackerLegend
01-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Wow lol, he did a good job changing it up for each photo too.

LonghornsLegend
01-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Good news, that extra day should really help us make the travel less of a negative.

Your right, which is why I was happy we got the Saturday nod since were home. It's alot to ask to travel back Sunday night, rest a day, then travel back mid week on a shorter week as it is. I wonder if you guys had beaten Pitt how that would had shaken up the seedings but oh well, just a bit weird to see so many rematches.

TitleTown088
01-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Who knew pretty Cali boy would turn into such a star.

He's even huge in Sweden!

http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1262660161898RA43&q=low

Boston
01-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Not to look to far ahead here, but if the Cowboys win, and the Packers win, the Packers will have to travel to New Orleans on 5 days rest, there third long road trip in as many weeks. All the more reason to hope for a Vikings-Packers rematch.

Whistler6
01-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Adam Schefter reported Anquan Boldin's status is "in doubt", but also if anyone can play through this injury it'd be him. I don't think that Boldin will miss the game if he has to wheel himself onto the field.

Either way, if he ends up not playing or being slightly less effective than normal that really sways the advantage to Green Bay. Having only 1 superstar WR to deal with is already going to be tough enough...And that's not counting guys like Breaston and Doucet

Twiddler
01-05-2010, 12:04 AM

It took me a little while, but that's hilarious. Love his sense of humor.

TitleTown088
01-05-2010, 09:44 AM
CMIII got 3rd in DROY voting behind Cushing and Bryd.

drowe
01-05-2010, 09:55 AM
CMIII got 3rd in DROY voting behind Cushing and Bryd.

fair enough. They were all very deserving.

cvv84
01-05-2010, 10:39 AM
I think we all figured that Cushing would win, and its well deserving for him, but I am glad that Matthews finished ahead of Orapko.

cvv84
01-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Seahawks agreed to terms with P Jon Ryan on a six-year, $9.1 million extension.

Great news for Jon. Ever since we cut him Crosby has gone downhill.

Boston
01-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Interesting note, during the month of December, Clay Matthews was tied for second in the league with 5 sacks. Even more interesting, Brad Jones was tied for fifth with four sacks in that same span.

Whistler6
01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Interesting note, during the month of December, Clay Matthews was tied for second in the league with 5 sacks. Even more interesting, Brad Jones was tied for fifth with four sacks in that same span.

There's no doubt Clay is an emerging superstar, and Jones has the talent to continue being a solid contributor...He's very raw and has a lot to learn about assignment discipline, but when a 7th round draft pick has that amount of production you gotta be stoked.

Whistler6
01-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Seahawks agreed to terms with P Jon Ryan on a six-year, $9.1 million extension.

Great news for Jon. Ever since we cut him Crosby has gone downhill.

TT deserves a lot of credit for where the team is, even from me who has consistently hammered him. But even with the recent success of the O-line, they wouldn't have been in that situation if not for TT poorly evaluating talent.

The same goes for cutting Jon Ryan. He was a good, not great, but a good punter and had experience in poor weather...Yet Thompson chose to cut him for a trash heap guy in Derrick Frost. I'm still miffed.

Not sure where I'm headed with this, but before I hail TT for all the recent success I gotta think back to why they were in tough situations in the first place. Gotta take the good with the bad though I suppose. And 11-5 is pretty freak'n remarkable for this team.

umphrey
01-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Week 8 after the Tampa Bay game I asked whether TTs strengths outweigh his weaknesses. I stand by opinion that he screwed up on the OL and punter. But now that we are in the playoffs, his latest draft was a big hit, and a number of his guys are playing like stars it's safe to say that my question has been answered positively.

TitleTown088
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Week 8 after the Tampa Bay game I asked whether TTs strengths outweigh his weaknesses. I stand by opinion that he screwed up on the OL and punter. But now that we are in the playoffs, his latest draft was a big hit, and a number of his guys are playing like stars it's safe to say that my question has been answered positively. What exactly did he do to fail on the Oline? Packers Oline is more than fine right now with Cliffy and Taush. He found Sitton ( stud) and Colledge and Spitz. TT did an excellent job replacing that interior line he let go early in his tenure. He'll do the same for the Tackle position this offseason. As for a punter, if punting is the Packers biggest problem,they're in good shape.

Whistler6
01-06-2010, 03:26 PM
I was listening to the BS Report Podcast with Bill Simmons earlier today. He had and NFL Insider/Analyst on, Mike Lombardi, and they were talking about first round playoff matchups.

Lombardi brought up a good point about the Packers...He said he thinks the result of the game hinges on who the officiating crew is. That if the crew is really tight, he thinks Arizona will pull out the win, because Green Bay's DB's like to get their hands on WR's and play up close and physical.

I never thought of that, but he really does make a valid point. A couple of big penalties could easily sway the outcome of this game.

Whistler6
01-06-2010, 03:31 PM
What exactly did he do to fail on the Oline? Packers Oline is more than fine right now with Cliffy and Taush. He found Sitton ( stud) and Colledge and Spitz. TT did an excellent job replacing that interior line he let go early in his tenure. He'll do the same for the Tackle position this offseason. As for a punter, if punting is the Packers biggest problem,they're in good shape.

I've already stuck my foot in my mouth more than a few times and had to swallow my words when it comes to TT. Still, I think he has messed several times with the O-line. Yes he has finally found a group of guys who have "gelled" this season, but last season was such a mess.

I think mis-evaluating talent, poor depth, and conintuously over and over to switching player positions are a couple signs that he set them up to fail. What was TT's big move to improve the offensive line? ...Bring back Tausch midseason? They are solid right now there is no question, but I attribute that to Rodgers and coaching adjustments more than TT's moves. One twisted ankle and the Packers are in the same boat they were earlier this season or last.

But then again, there is a reason I am discussing my random thoughts from a laptop in my apartment and Ted Thompson is running the Green Bay Packers...

Whistler6
01-06-2010, 03:34 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/06/report-terry-glenn-arrested-for-auto-theft/

Former NFL wide receiver Terry Glenn has been arrested on a charge of auto theft, the Dallas Morning News is reporting

Hmmm, I knew there was a reason I never like him as a Packer.

Boston
01-06-2010, 03:36 PM
I was listening to the BS Report Podcast with Bill Simmons earlier today. He had and NFL Insider/Analyst on, Mike Lombardi, and they were talking about first round playoff matchups.

Lombardi brought up a good point about the Packers...He said he thinks the result of the game hinges on who the officiating crew is. That if the crew is really tight, he thinks Arizona will pull out the win, because Green Bay's DB's like to get their hands on WR's and play up close and physical.

I never thought of that, but he really does make a valid point. A couple of big penalties could easily sway the outcome of this game.

An officiating crew isn't going to decide the outcome of the game. Rules are rules, and all officials read the same rule book before they go out and officiate a game. The minor differences between each crew isn't going to be enough to decide a game like this.

Zycho32
01-07-2010, 09:10 PM
An officiating crew isn't going to decide the outcome of the game. Rules are rules, and all officials read the same rule book before they go out and officiate a game. The minor differences between each crew isn't going to be enough to decide a game like this.

Granted, Football referees haven't the 'Reputation' of their Basketball bretheren...

But you're assuming a natural margin of error between officials in a tightly called game- officials who, I think, are actually paired up into 'All-Star' crews for the playoffs (I submit my head to be cracked open with a mallet if I'm referring to obsolete NFL Doctrine)- will not affect a handful of plays here and there simply by Human Nature. Handfuls of plays that could preserve badly needed drives or end them prematurely.

There is a reason Instant Replay exists in the league, after all.

cvv84
01-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Clay Matthews is going to the Pro Bowl! He replaces Lance Briggs.

TitleTown088
01-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Good for him, but all it really does is cost the Packers more money later.

http://packers.com/

princefielder28
01-08-2010, 05:30 PM

good for him but if things go right he still won't play in the game (aka we make it to the Super Bowl)

neko4
01-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I've already stuck my foot in my mouth more than a few times and had to swallow my words when it comes to TT. Still, I think he has messed several times with the O-line. Yes he has finally found a group of guys who have "gelled" this season, but last season was such a mess.

I think mis-evaluating talent, poor depth, and conintuously over and over to switching player positions are a couple signs that he set them up to fail. What was TT's big move to improve the offensive line? ...Bring back Tausch midseason? They are solid right now there is no question, but I attribute that to Rodgers and coaching adjustments more than TT's moves. One twisted ankle and the Packers are in the same boat they were earlier this season or last.

But then again, there is a reason I am discussing my random thoughts from a laptop in my apartment and Ted Thompson is running the Green Bay Packers...

I think TT's philosophy with the OL was to stockpile them in the draft and then find 5 that work. I kind of like it because it can result in sustained long term sucess, but the beginning can be very messy and destructive.

Whistler6
01-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah it's all good now because Green Bay won 7 of 8...But 2 months ago, Rodgers was sacked a ridiculous amount of times and a league high, lucky to still be standing, and the running game was not producing.

I'm thrilled they finally seemed to find a group that can gel, but it was an incredibly frustrating situation before it all came together. Hopefully they have the core they want and a core that is a legitimate contender to protect Rodgers backside.

Whistler6
01-08-2010, 10:51 PM

One or two penalties won't decide the outcome of a game? On a 3rd and long from 50 yards out when the QB throws deep and the ref calls pass interference putting the ball at the 1...I think it's more than safe to say a reffing crew can decide a game. It has in the past and will continue to.

I'm not saying refs will determine this game, but a tighter-calling group of zebras would hurt the 'physical' style of play the Packer's DB's use.

cvv84
01-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Nose tackle Ryan Pickett and the Packers have had substantive talks about a new contract that he hopes eventually will keep him in Green Bay for the rest of his career.

"They want to get a deal done and I want to get a deal done," Pickett said Friday. "They've been talking three weeks, a month probably. I think he (agent Kennard McGuire) is thinking after the season we'll really talk."

Pickett said it's up to the Packers to decide a role for Raji.

"Whatever they do, it don't ever hurt to have a lot of good D-linemen," he said. "You put him and me, me and him, whatever you want to do. I'm sure they can work something out."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/81050622.html

Definetly good news. I hope we can keep him but I'd also like to work Raji into the defense more.

Boston
01-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Raji should always be in the game rotating for either Jenkins, Pickett, or Jolly. He'll be what Billy Hall was to the Brewers a few years ago, but much much better. I hope this deal gets done. We have the cap and you can never have enough quality defensive lineman, especially in the 3-4 scheme.

cvv84
01-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Raji should always be in the game rotating for either Jenkins, Pickett, or Jolly. He'll be what Billy Hall was to the Brewers a few years ago, but much much better. I hope this deal gets done. We have the cap and you can never have enough quality defensive lineman, especially in the 3-4 scheme.

It was a pretty good article. Pickett says that he wishes he always played in the 3-4 and hopes to have a long career like that of Pat Williams.

At the end Colledge expresses some frustration that he hasn't been approached about a long term extention. I have to think that barring a lockout a couple of guys are going to get some long term deals this offseason.

princefielder28
01-08-2010, 11:20 PM
We need to hold onto our quality depth along the line. Last time we didn't (Corey Williams) it hurt us quite a bit the next season.

umphrey
01-09-2010, 10:18 AM
At the end Colledge expresses some frustration that he hasn't been approached about a long term extention. I have to think that barring a lockout a couple of guys are going to get some long term deals this offseason.

Good let him walk. He's probably frustrated because he knows there aren't any teams out there that will pay him any decent money. I bet he thinks he's worth more than he is.

princefielder28
01-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Good let him walk. He's probably frustrated because he knows there aren't any teams out there that will pay him any decent money. I bet he thinks he's worth more than he is.

I'd rather let Colledge walk and target someone like Iupati in round one of the draft...I think of our five starters along the line that he's the worst one

cvv84
01-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I'd rather let Colledge walk and target someone like Iupati in round one of the draft...I think of our five starters along the line that he's the worst one

He's one of those guys who could become restricted so he's going to be back next year no matter what. But I agree, lets target some big power blockers and get back to what our offensive line used to be.

TitleTown088
01-09-2010, 12:15 PM
You don't abandon the guy who was part of the #1 run D. I like him staying fo schizzle.

Do Jolly next.

I'm up in the air about Collledge. He might come cheap after proving he can't play LT well this season. I think Lang may be able to be the LG though.

Whistler6
01-09-2010, 10:39 PM
I know Darrelle Revis has been lockdown, shutdown, whatever you wanna call it all year. And a lot of ESPN and Fox radio shows are discussing him as if him winning the DPOY is already a forgone conclusion.

Really? Maybe it's because I've watched Woodson every week, but I think Charles deserves the award. I don't think it's close either. Stats are overrated, but they have to matter in this case. His number of INT's, TD's, and even tackles are unmatched.

Revis played his mind out today, but I'll be incredibly bummed if Woodson doesn't take home the award.

someone447
01-09-2010, 10:41 PM

You have obviously never played defensive back. As a DB the way the officials call a game is huge. If they are lenient, the Packer Dbs are great, if they aren't well... You get the ravens game(both teams had a ridiculous amount of PI calls.) The more lenient the refs are in the passing game, the better the Packers will do. Can they win with a strict officiating crew? Of course, they are a very good team this year(sure as hell surprised me.)

cvv84
01-09-2010, 10:48 PM
I know Darrelle Revis has been lockdown, shutdown, whatever you wanna call it all year. And a lot of ESPN and Fox radio shows are discussing him as if him winning the DPOY is already a forgone conclusion.

Really? Maybe it's because I've watched Woodson every week, but I think Charles deserves the award. I don't think it's close either. Stats are overrated, but they have to matter in this case. His number of INT's, TD's, and even tackles are unmatched.

Revis played his mind out today, but I'll be incredibly bummed if Woodson doesn't take home the award.

How many penalties did Revis get called for today? He's a lock down CB but Woodson does so many other things. I don't know many teams ask their CB to play man/zone coverage, cover TEs, play safety, and blitz.

Whistler6
01-09-2010, 10:55 PM
How many penalties did Revis get called for today? He's a lock down CB but Woodson does so many other things. I don't know many teams ask their CB to play man/zone coverage, cover TEs, play safety, and blitz.

Yea exactly. It's one thing to lock down a teams #1, which I'm not slighting in any way. But to take on the task of covering WR's and TE's, helping in the run, changing positions from CB to S when needed, oh AND scoring several TD's along the way...How is this even a conversation?

Not football related, but Woodson also became a husband and father in 2009.

Twiddler
01-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Maybe its just me, but I have hardly watched any of the Jets games this year. I've caught parts of some and seen highlights of most, but I still don't feel like I have the ability to comment on whether or not Revis deserves the award. Watching pretty much all of the Packer games, I can go as far as to say that Woodson is playing at a level that gets him talk for possibly winning the award, but to say that he deserves it absolutely over a player that I've only seen a few highlights of is too homer-istic for me. Unless you guys have actually seen (whole) Jets games this year and have seen what Revis brought to the table, I don't know how he can be so easily dismissed from the award. Just my two cents.

cvv84
01-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Maybe its just me, but I have hardly watched any of the Jets games this year. I've caught parts of some and seen highlights of most, but I still don't feel like I have the ability to comment on whether or not Revis deserves the award. Watching pretty much all of the Packer games, I can go as far as to say that Woodson is playing at a level that gets him talk for possibly winning the award, but to say that he deserves it absolutely over a player that I've only seen a few highlights of is too homer-istic for me. Unless you guys have actually seen (whole) Jets games this year and have seen what Revis brought to the table, I don't know how he can be so easily dismissed from the award. Just my two cents.

Do you think that the people who vote on these awards watch any Packers games that aren't nationally televised?

Twiddler
01-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Do you think that the people who vote on these awards watch any Packers games that aren't nationally televised?

I never said that the award itself and the process that chooses it were infallible. Obviously the people voting haven't watched every game and they aren't making a perfectly informed decision, the world sucks like that. However, that doesn't give reason to just dismiss another player completely from conversation about the reward.

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Passes defended don't change a game the way INT's and defensive touchdowns do. Yes Revis has completely owned many team's best WR, but it's just hard to argue that there is another player who has influenced each outcome of a game the way Woodson has.

I'll admit I'm a bit one-sided because I am a Packer fan. Still, I've seen Jared Allen take over games, watched Revis control the best of them, and gotten my share of Charles Woodson highlights. I think Woodson is a run away winner, and deserves every accolate he has gotten...including the player on the month awards.

Twiddler
01-10-2010, 12:51 AM
Passes defended don't change a game the way INT's and defensive touchdowns do. Yes Revis has completely owned many team's best WR, but it's just hard to argue that there is another player who has influenced each outcome of a game the way Woodson has.

See, statistically, it leans to Woodson but its not like Revis is a scrub. He ended up with 6 picks and a TD with a ton of passes defensed. Also, the statistical breakdown of who he faced and how well they did is very impressive, especially when considering the caliber of receiver that he faced. All I'm asking is that we don't rush to conclusions that the only possible recipient of the reward is the guy we've loved watching on our team this year.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 11:18 AM
I never said that the award itself and the process that chooses it were infallible. Obviously the people voting haven't watched every game and they aren't making a perfectly informed decision, the world sucks like that. However, that doesn't give reason to just dismiss another player completely from conversation about the reward.

Who's dismissing him from the conversation? You're trying to drill home a point that nobody is making here. Both guys have had great season and you could argue the case for either of them. I've already stated why I think Woodson should win and I don't think anyone could really argue when one guy wins it over the other guy.

Mr.Regular
01-10-2010, 01:01 PM
It feels good to be back! Playoffs.... lets get er done!

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Who's dismissing him from the conversation? You're trying to drill home a point that nobody is making here. Both guys have had great season and you could argue the case for either of them. I've already stated why I think Woodson should win and I don't think anyone could really argue when one guy wins it over the other guy.

100% agree. No one is calling Revis a "scrub". He is as good as it gets, but head to head Woodson should win the award. If the DPOY was for best CB, then I'd probably give it to Revis. But it's defensive MVP and Woodson has done more than any other defensive player has for their team this season.

It's a great race this season and whoever wins is deserving. It just happens that the guy who will win it is on my favorite team.

neko4
01-10-2010, 07:36 PM
We need to see the defensive back stats on the percentage of passes they gave up and then determine who had the better pass rush to back the player up.

Boston
01-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Well, I guess it's the offseason now... First two moves we need to make: cut Donald Lee, and cut Jarret Bush, then go from there.

roidrunner
01-10-2010, 08:15 PM
id like to blame this loss on my girl friends mother, when i was in the same room as her watching the game we were losing (the first quarter) i left the room and we made our come back. Then i re enter the room with her and we lose the game (overtime) needless to say i will never watch the a game in the same room as her again.

Whistler6
01-10-2010, 08:22 PM
I know Twitter is more annoying than anything else, but I think it's really worth joining just for following guys like this. Nick Barnett just posted:

NickBarnett: I Am sorry I let you guys down... I hurt so bad right now.

...It is a tough loss, but damn, it sure helps having players like that to root for. Good season.

cvv84
01-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Well, I guess it's the offseason now... First two moves we need to make: cut Donald Lee, and cut Jarret Bush, then go from there.

Well I don't know about cutting Lee just yet. We'll need to find a TE that can block though. Its looking more and more like Finley is going to be our matchup weapon and used all over the field. If we can find someone who can block and be a short/intermediate receiving threat then Lee can go.

We should've let Bush sign with the Titans last offseason. Nobody likes him and he's a huge liability in the secondary. Unfortunately for us fans, he plays special teams and versitile which gives TT a hard on.

Big decisions loom though. Clifton and Tausher are free agents. Driver is getting expensive and is due a pretty big roster bonus. Al Harris might not be the same player after he blew out his knee. And Hawk's future is cloudy with his reduced role and high salary.

I know Twitter is more annoying than anything else, but I think it's really worth joining just for following guys like this. Nick Barnett just posted:

NickBarnett: I Am sorry I let you guys down... I hurt so bad right now.

...It is a tough loss, but damn, it sure helps having players like that to root for. Good season.

I like that it lets you see inside of the players. I follow Barnett and Matthews. The Bucks and Greg Bedard is a good follow too.

TitleTown088
01-10-2010, 10:51 PM

I think the LOLB position may need to be addressed too sadly. Jones played well at times, but man was he non existent in this game.

RockJock07
01-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Well I don't know about cutting Lee just yet. We'll need to find a TE that can block though. Its looking more and more like Finley is going to be our matchup weapon and used all over the field. If we can find someone who can block and be a short/intermediate receiving threat then Lee can go.

We should've let Bush sign with the Titans last offseason. Nobody likes him and he's a huge liability in the secondary. Unfortunately for us fans, he plays special teams and versitile which gives TT a hard on.

Big decisions loom though. Clifton and Tausher are free agents. Driver is getting expensive and is due a pretty big roster bonus. Al Harris might not be the same player after he blew out his knee. And Hawk's future is cloudy with his reduced role and high salary.

I like that it lets you see inside of the players. I follow Barnett and Matthews. The Bucks and Greg Bedard is a good follow too.

Yeah, you can find a blocking TE in the later rounds that can also catch some short/medium passes. Big decisions do indeed loom.

I love what Driver has done but does anyone else agree he's starting to show age. He's had a case of the drops the 2nd half of this season, I'd hate to lose him but James Jones played better than him the 2nd half of the season and Jordy Nelson was drafted to replace Driver at some point.

I hope Bush is cut, i really do, he's shown me nothing since he's been in Packers uniform. I really hope TT has a plan to groom a DB other than Bush to take over for Woodson/Harris.

Can TT also find a better option at KR/PR? Blackman is good but i'd like another option brought in.

Whistler6
01-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Would anybody else throw a 1st rounder at Cleveland for Josh Cribbs? I know that doesn't address OT or CB, but man would that light up their special teams and provide yet another homerun threat.

I'm guessing this isn't even a thought to TT, but I can dream.

AJHawk50
01-11-2010, 12:14 PM

I always look through the photo galleries on the Packers site and I've noticed this and checked for him each game. lol