PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

Whistler6
03-15-2010, 08:58 PM
If anyone has an iPod or any sort of MP3, I strongly suggest downloading ESPN's First Draft PodCast off iTunes. Todd McShay and Mel Kiper, on the most recent episode, break down all the offensive linemen.

After Okung, Trent Williams, a luke-warm feel towards the next few top prospects, they aren't nearly as high on the rest of the guys as some. I don't have much else, but it's an interesting listen.

The next couple of recordings will mock drafting the 1st round...It's cool to download because they are free, and otherwise ESPN Insider charges money to read some of their stuff on the website.

YoungGeezy
03-15-2010, 09:06 PM
If anyone has an iPod or any sort of MP3, I strongly suggest downloading ESPN's First Draft PodCast off iTunes. Todd McShay and Mel Kiper, on the most recent episode, break down all the offensive linemen.

After Okung and Trent Richardson, they aren't nearly as high on the rest of the guys as some. I don't have much else, but it's an interesting listen. The next couple of recordings will mock drafting the 1st 32 picks...It's cool to download because they are free, and otherwise ESPN Insider charges money to read their stuff on the website.

who? I think you mean Trent Williams but hey I wish there was a way for the Packers to get Trent Richarson! Bad news is we will have to wait til 2012 probably. Ingram is damn good but people can't forget how good his Freshman backup is down there in Alabama

YoungGeezy
03-15-2010, 09:09 PM
ha nevermind you fixed it but I am pretty high on Richardson, he was probably my favorite RB from the 2009 class

YoungGeezy
03-15-2010, 09:19 PM
If Geno could not beat Barbre at RT, which is his second best position, then he will not be a starter in this league.

Issue isn't his talent, it is he is still learning. He was a DE and OLB in Hs before he quit to focus on basketball his Junior year. Was talked into playing College football by HS coach where he was moved to TE because of his hands and great althletic ability. He put on 60 pounds from his Soph to Junior year forcing them to move him to tackle where he only made 2 starts. Then his season year he unleased and played great leading him to get drafted.

The guy has been playing OT for only 4 seasons in his whole life. They obviously see something there and just want to get him ready before throwing him in the mix. This season may the season he starts to see some time.

Whistler6
03-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Damnit Havner, use your head man...Is it fricken worth it?

Spencer Havner Arrested For DUI (http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/spencer-havner-arrested-for-dui)

Whistler6
03-15-2010, 09:33 PM
ha nevermind you fixed it but I am pretty high on Richardson, he was probably my favorite RB from the 2009 class

Yeah, you must have quoted me just as I was fixing it. I must have RB's on the brain. :rolleyes: Hmmm

cvv84
03-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Damnit Havner, use your head man...Is it fricken worth it?

Spencer Havner Arrested For DUI (http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/spencer-havner-arrested-for-dui)

What an idiot. Drink, drive your MOTORCYLE, and drive WITHOUT a helmet?!?!? Sounds like some nasty injuries he suffered. Hopefully he's ok and hopefully he learns from such a stupid act.

RyanBraun8
03-15-2010, 10:15 PM
What an idiot. Drink, drive your MOTORCYLE, and drive WITHOUT a helmet?!?!? Sounds like some nasty injuries he suffered. Hopefully he's ok and hopefully he learns from such a stupid act.

Yeah, drinking and driving a car is bad enough, a motorcycle without a helmet is ridiculous.

I was wondering about this earlier for some reason but how much influence do you think that Ron Wolf has with the Packers these days? With Wolf being one of TT's mentors and with Ron's son Elliot now being a rather high in the front office, do you think Ron helps out or helps advice them at all?

I know for me personally having a coach for a father and also having been mentored by my Wisconsin Hall of Fame high school coach after he brought me on his staff for my first paid position. I am always talking to them and getting some advice for this and that.

I don't know I was reading an article that talked about Elliot Wolf today and that got me wondering. I never really thought about it until today so something I thought I'd bring up and see what ya'll think

jackalope
03-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeah, drinking and driving a car is bad enough, a motorcycle without a helmet is ridiculous.

I was wondering about this earlier for some reason but how much influence do you think that Ron Wolf has with the Packers these days? With Wolf being one of TT's mentors and with Ron's son Elliot now being a rather high in the front office, do you think Ron helps out or helps advice them at all?

I know for me personally having a coach for a father and also having been mentored by my Wisconsin Hall of Fame high school coach after he brought me on his staff for my first paid position. I am always talking to them and getting some advice for this and that.

I don't know I was reading an article that talked about Elliot Wolf today and that got me wondering. I never really thought about it until today so something I thought I'd bring up and see what ya'll think

I imagine Thompson might consult Wolf on how to handle certain situations that he isn't used to and that sort of thing, but in terms of actual drafting/roster management, I would be shocked if Wolf has any sort of impact at all.

PACKmanN
03-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Issue isn't his talent, it is he is still learning. He was a DE and OLB in Hs before he quit to focus on basketball his Junior year. Was talked into playing College football by HS coach where he was moved to TE because of his hands and great althletic ability. He put on 60 pounds from his Soph to Junior year forcing them to move him to tackle where he only made 2 starts. Then his season year he unleased and played great leading him to get drafted.

The guy has been playing OT for only 4 seasons in his whole life. They obviously see something there and just want to get him ready before throwing him in the mix. This season may the season he starts to see some time.

Sure, but it wasn't close during TC last year between Barbre and Geno, and we saw how terrible Barbre was at RT. What does that tell you about Geno?

I doubt Geno makes the roster, if anthing, he's the last linemen we rely on.

PACKmanN
03-16-2010, 01:41 AM

If TT didn't learn everything while working with Wolf, then we would be in trouble. As well, every GM has their own way of wanting to build a team. TT doesn't consider FA an option for major impact players, but Wolf did.

RyanBraun8
03-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Sure, but it wasn't close during TC last year between Barbre and Geno, and we saw how terrible Barbre was at RT. What does that tell you about Geno?

I doubt Geno makes the roster, if anthing, he's the last linemen we rely on.

Who knows maybe he will click. It seems that they are high on his progress and feel this is his make or break year to prove it. While I am not lobbying for him or trying to stand up for him really but the fact is that coming in he was light years behind where a normal lineman prospect would be. He only had one year of his whole life that he was a starting every down lineman. His junior year he didn't really play at all really and before that he had hardly ever even blocked in his life.

He is 24, going into his 3rd NFL season and has now had 2 years of learning under his belt. Lets hope he can turn the corner. He has the size and athletic ability now he needs to show it on the field

J-Mike88
03-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Havner will surely be suspended for that "boneheaded" moment.

J-Mike88
03-16-2010, 01:11 PM
When does the NFL Schedule come out?
Any guesses on which of our games will be on Monday & Sunday Night Football?

I bet the Vikings @ Saints game will be the Thursday NFL Opening game.
GEAUX SAINTS!

umphrey
03-16-2010, 01:27 PM
When does the NFL Schedule come out?
Any guesses on which of our games will be on Monday & Sunday Night Football?

I bet the Vikings @ Saints game will be the Thursday NFL Opening game.
GEAUX SAINTS!

Hate to open this can of worms - If I have to watch Favre and listen to the announcers kiss his a** for the season opener,

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2008/08/885608/Favre2.jpg

would lead to

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r60/Yin_Absol/1158628337466.jpg

J-Mike88
03-16-2010, 01:52 PM
I hate the "F" word.

Whistler6
03-16-2010, 02:05 PM
I hate the "F" word.

I wouldn't go as far to say I hate Brett *****, but a strong dislike seems suitable. As long as he's a part of the Vikings I want nothing to do with him, and he is dead to me. Following retirement and inevitable induction into the Hall of Fame, I will gladly welcome him home. Now, not a chance. He's the enemy.

RyanBraun8
03-16-2010, 03:28 PM
I have no problems with him, the guy loves football, I love Aaron Rodgers, end of story. Would everyone here rather still have him at 41 over Aaron Rodgers at 26? Brett loves and wants to play until he can no longer hold up, I can't on my childhood idiol for being one the most passionate players to ever play the game. That is wrong to do.

Yeah I dislike the fact he plays for our enemy but my best friend is a Cub fan so in reality it is not that big of a deal. I am not going to stop hanging out or talking to my best friend (even though during baseball season I kind of want to) just because is on the darkside. That is the way I see Favre. He took over for GB when I was about 4 or 5 and until two season ago he was there every sunday. He didn't miss or come out of games, he played with inspiring passion that made kids like want to be just like him, lead us to 2 super bowls, he helped revive the franchise and never complained after all the stuff he has had to go through.

Brett, I'm a true fan, i thank you for all you have done and a most of would like to thank you for leaving and letting Rodgers step and become our franchise QB! Hope you can come back next year and this season we kick your ass.

No grudge at all

Mr.Regular
03-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Please, how could you like Brett?
Lets run over the events one more time.

1- He retired in a tear filled speech at Lambeau
2- We draft towards future ( 2 new QB's)
3- We head into offseason workouts and training camp with ARod installed as the starter. New playbook, everything designed for him, etc.
4- Brett changes his mind. Again. He wants back. Teddy is in a dilemna. Says that it is too late to let him back now, so he trades him to the Jets.
5- Brett feels betrayed towards the Packers and wants revenge on the team that paid him millions, had a nation of fans worship him, and made him a star.
6- After one year of playing for the Jets he 'retires' only so he can get released and sign with the Vikings so he can stick it to us....for no reason.
7-He's now Mr. Viking....about the worst thing he could be to a Packer fan. Itd be like Derek Jeter being the face of the Red Sox, and smacking Dustin Pedroia's ass after games... its just not right

Listen, I loved Favre. He was my childhood hero. I still love the memories of him when he was on the team, Im grateful for the MVPs and the Super Bowl and everything, but I do not like him. Hes an egomaniac, he comes off as very selfish, childish, and very unappreciative of everything that the Packers and the loyal nation of Packers fans did for him. He singlehandedly destroyed one of the greatest legacies of any NFL player ever with one team, because of childish waffling and unnecessary revenge seeking.

Sure we can throw out all the Favre cliches out there... loves to play the game, looks like a kid out there, can't leave the game he loves.... I dont care. What he did to us as Packers fans and how he handled everything is about as bad as it gets. Brett is dead to me, and I dont quite understand how other Packer fans dont feel the same way.

mqtirishfan
03-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Brett is dead to me, and I dont quite understand how other Packer fans dont feel the same way.

http://thesportingtruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/brett-favre-mouth-open1jpg.bmp

This game helps.

Mr.Regular
03-16-2010, 04:34 PM
As I said, I love the memories of when he was on the team and all he did for us. But as I explained, the way he left, and the way he intentionally maneuvered his way to our arch rivals in seek of unjust revenge, has turned me off of him. How could it not?

mqtirishfan
03-16-2010, 04:37 PM
As I said, I love the memories of when he was on the team and all he did for us. But as I explained, the way he left, and the way he intentionally maneuvered his way to our arch rivals in seek of unjust revenge, has turned me off of him. How could it not?

Because I choose to remember the numerous years he was helping us rather than the two years where he didn't. Favre didn't actually mess with our team at all. We kept Rodgers, and Rodgers has had 2 outstanding seasons even with Favre on different teams rather than retired.

cvv84
03-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Because I choose to remember the numerous years he was helping us rather than the two years where he didn't. Favre didn't actually mess with our team at all. We kept Rodgers, and Rodgers has had 2 outstanding seasons even with Favre on different teams rather than retired.

That couldn't be farther from the truth.

mqtirishfan
03-16-2010, 04:54 PM
That couldn't be farther from the truth.

Let's see here.

Favre retires:

We have Rodgers at QB, TT as GM and MM as Head Coach.

Favre un-retires:

So nothing was changed there.

But wait, maybe him coming back messed up our chemistry and made it so we could not perform as well on the field.

Wait, nope. We won 11 games and had a phenomenal offense last year.

The only way Favre legitimately affected the Packers was by helping his new team this year beat us twice and win the division, which a lot of people seemed to think would have happened anyway.

Mr.Regular
03-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Let's see here.

Favre retires:

Favre un-retires:

So nothing was changed there.

But wait, maybe him coming back messed up our chemistry and made it so we could not perform as well on the field.

Wait, nope. We won 11 games and had a phenomenal offense last year.

The only way Favre legitimately affected the Packers was by helping his new team this year beat us twice and win the division, which a lot of people seemed to think would have happened anyway.
He provided one of the biggest distractions I ever saw before that 6-10 season 2 years back. Then he went to our biggest rival in an attempt to get revenge on us, and won the division by one game.
He messed with us... big time.

tjsunstein
03-16-2010, 05:01 PM

I highly, highly doubt it.

Mr.Regular
03-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Bringing up Brett Favre is alwyas going to stir up some bad emotions
So lets shift gears.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/packers.html

New punter... from Australia!

jackalope
03-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Bringing up Brett Favre is alwyas going to stir up some bad emotions
So lets shift gears.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/packers.html

New punter... from Australia!

A 6'5" left-footed Australian. I love it.

umphrey
03-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Hate to open this can of worms - If I have to watch Favre and [...]

I am dumb.

That Aussie punter we signed is 6'5" 215 lbs, cool I guess. Another lefty, why do we like lefties so much? We signed him to a 3 year deal. He better not suck like all our punters since we cut Jon Ryan for some reason. Better than using a draft pick on a college kid. Just bring in some soccer player who's been practicing with an oblong ball.

cvv84
03-16-2010, 05:25 PM
I am dumb.

That Aussie punter we signed is 6'5" 215 lbs, cool I guess. Another lefty, why do we like lefties so much? We signed him to a 3 year deal. He better not suck like all our punters since we cut Jon Ryan for some reason. Better than using a draft pick on a college kid. Just bring in some soccer player who's been practicing with an oblong ball.

The ball spins a different way off a lefty which makes it harder for the returner to handle.

jackalope
03-16-2010, 05:25 PM
I am dumb.

Lefties give you the reverse spin, more likely to fumble.

TitleTown088
03-16-2010, 05:37 PM
http://thesportingtruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/brett-favre-mouth-open1jpg.bmp

This game helps.
That was Brett.

http://www.benchwarmersunited.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/brett-favre-vikings.jpg
This is Brent.

PACKmanN
03-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Thought if the Packers should take a chance on Shawn Andrews? Of course I first would like to know if he is in football shape, or he can still play.

GB12
03-17-2010, 06:18 PM
He hasn't played a game since September 2008. His injuries are too serious. If he was worth anything the Eagles wouldn't have cut him.

PACKmanN
03-17-2010, 06:22 PM
He hasn't played a game since September 2008. His injuries are too serious. If he was worth anything the Eagles wouldn't have cut him.

I think its his contract that caused them to cut him.

cvv84
03-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Injuries and depression? Not even worth the hassle if you ask me. This guy has little dedication to the game. Not someone I'd want on my team. Plus wasn't he strickly on the right side in Philly? I'd much rather keep developing Sitton and find a long term solution at RT.

Jim Jim
03-17-2010, 07:23 PM
He's not worth the risk at all.

Whistler6
03-17-2010, 08:11 PM
He's not worth the risk at all.

If a guy is suffering from depression, there's more to worry about than his skills. You have to wonder if his mind is really going to be focused on football or if he's hungry enough to be an NFL starter. Risker greater than the reward.

Totally different situation, but I compare it kind of to Antonio Cromartie. He has 7 children with 6 different ladies. Young and great talent, but there is heavy baggage. How can you, or any person with a conscious I should say, focus solely on football when your personal life has so much going on.

I root for both guys, but have to pass.

Whistler6
03-17-2010, 08:14 PM
The Journal Sentinel today had an article about this Aussie punter. He looks impressive but has never punted in competitive American football. The article had some NFL executive I think it was, saying Green Bay's punting situation is a complete mess...Hmm, we'll see I suppose.

EDIT: Ah, here's the quote:

"It just really seems they don't know what they're doing up there with the kicking personnel," one special-teams coach said. "I don't know what they're going to do. They shouldn't have let Jon Ryan go."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/88013147.html

cvv84
03-17-2010, 08:22 PM
The Journal Sentinel today had an article about this Aussie punter. He looks impressive but has never punted in competitive American football. The article had some NFL executive I think it was, saying Green Bay's punting situation is a complete mess and this is a desperate move...Hmm, we'll see I suppose.

I think the Dolphins or someone signed an Australian punter last year to a 3 year deal and cut him in training camp. The Packers probably just want to get a look at this guy and if he works out they have him locked up cheap for 3 years. I'm kind of expecting us to draft a punter and watch while some fans chastise TT because of Shermans bust with Sander.

Whistler6
03-17-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't remember exactly, but I think I was the most frustrated with the pick because Sherman spent a 3rd round pick on the guy. He won the Ray Guy Award and boomed the ball in college (43.5 net), but it's hard to swallow a 3rd round pick being wasted on a punter.

What was the criticism mainly about... The round he was drafted in, only being a starter for 1 year in college? I'm almost ashamed to be spending this much time dicussing punters. But as we've seen, they are crucial to a team's success.

J-Mike88
03-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Will the Thrills return to the Packer Punt Return team?

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 18, 2010 10:17 AM ET
Cornerback Will Blackmon has signed his one-year tender offer and will stick with the Green Bay Packers.

Blackmon, a restricted free agent tendered at the original-round level, signed the tender Monday prior to the start of the Packers' offseason workout program, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.

Blackmon's 2009 season ended when he suffered a serious knee injury in a Monday night loss to the Vikings in October.

Signing the tender gives Blackmon a $1.176 million salary in 2010.

cvv84
03-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Restricted free agents don't mean anything seeing they need to be on the 53 man roster in order to be paid. Its just securing their rights for the time being which is why pretty much every restricted free agent of ours was tendered an offer.

Whistler6
03-19-2010, 04:49 PM
So the quiet offseason thus far begs the question: If Green Bay goes into the 2010 season with the exact same team plus a few new members from only the draft, are they good enough to actually contend for a superbowl?

I want to believe the are, and I'm forcing myself to say "yes" to that question. Still, I do remember the rough start to this past season, and the Cardinals torching our defense through the air gives me nightmares to this day...

Whistler6
03-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Restricted free agents don't mean anything seeing they need to be on the 53 man roster in order to be paid. Its just securing their rights for the time being which is why pretty much every restricted free agent of ours was tendered an offer.

Does anyone think some team will offer a 4th for Blackmon? Would it be worth it to accept that? Blackmon has shown flashes and I remember being geeked when he was drafted out of BC, but he seems stuck in his progression as a CB. I suppose injuries will do that. If he can provide a spark to the special teams for a full season, then I'm more than okay with that $1.7 mil salary.

jackalope
03-19-2010, 05:23 PM
So the quiet offseason thus far begs the question: If Green Bay goes into the 2010 season with the exact same team plus a few new members from only the draft, are they good enough to actually contend for a superbowl?

I want to believe the are, and I'm forcing myself to say "yes" to that question. Still, I do remember the rough start to this past season, and the Cardinals torching our defense through the air gives me nightmares to this day...

Yes.

Last year was our first year in the 3-4, so we won't have the learning curve we'd had.

The team in general will be a year older, and considering how youthful we are overall, that's a good thing. Guys like Finley, Raji, and Jones should be better.

The offensive line can't be nearly as bad as it was in the beginning of last year. It just can't.

Of Pat Lee, Brandon Underwood, and anybody we draft, somebody is bound to turn into a better nickelback than Jarrett Bush.

The only player we lost was Aaron Kampman, and I think our defense is better with Jones in the lineup anyway.

There's always the chance for impact rookies, which Thompson has a pretty good track record for drafting.

Obviously, that's not to say we will be better, but we definitely have the potential to be. Considering where the team was last year, better means contending for a Superbowl.

J-Mike88
03-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Here's the thing: Our best player on defense is Charles Woodson. He's been amazingly durable. That could easily change. People take his health for granted I think. You have to remember he was injury-prone before we got him.
The law of averages says don't count on 16 more starts for him, and you think it was bad missing our #2 CB Harris? What would it look like without Woodson?

On offense, we've been remarkably healthy at the skill positions. Rodgers missing 0 starts in 2 seasons.... Grant, Driver and Jennings have been very fortunate.

What's gonna happen if some of those guys go down? Other teams lose QBs for a game here or couple games there. Remember our WR's in the late 90's? Tons of injuries.

So the injury situation is something you can't predict, but expect some. We all know it can de-rail a season.

As far as natural improvement goes: I expect some on the DL and OLB. The offense is phenomenal and that should continue.

I still don't have any faith in any of the young CB's. Ted seems to have a problem drafting that position for some reason. Maybe his 5-11 rule, I don't know. But we don't have anyone that he's drafted who can cover.

The special teams HAS to be better right?

By the way, we had the team to contend for a Super Bowl LAST season. We just couldn't stop a good passer, and part of that is on Capers. He had as much talent on D as Greg Williams in Nawlins did, IMO.

Whistler6
03-19-2010, 09:02 PM
The special teams HAS to be better right?

Can Crosby rebound and be consistent? Will someone step up and provide a spark to the return game? Will they continue to give up big returns? Will a free agent punter who has never punted in American football be a legit NFL punter? If, if, if, if... It scares me.

You make a great point about injuries though. Somehow they powered through season enders to Al Harris and Kampman along with guys like Blackmon, so we'll see. If Woodson or Rodgers goes down though, they are through.

That is the same with almost any NFL team. You take away their QB, RB, or star defensive player and they can be the Rams almost instantly. I don't even want to consider it. But that's also another reason I love the depth and D-line and resigning of Pickett.

cvv84
03-19-2010, 09:25 PM
As long as Rodgers is under center for 16 games we'll be alright. Everything else you can adjust too as the season progresses.

J-Mike88
03-19-2010, 10:06 PM
As long as Rodgers is under center for 16 games we'll be alright. Everything else you can adjust too as the season progresses.That's pretty true, except losing a bunch of key WR's will also throw off the offense. It happened to the Packers even during their Super Bowl seasons with Farve. It got so bad they had to bring in a new starter in Andre Rison. Today, that would never happen. Ted would bring in another Josh Bell. Seriously. That's not a rip, it's just a different philosophy he has taken from Ron Wolf.

TitleTown088
03-19-2010, 10:58 PM

I want to believe the are, and I'm forcing myself to say "yes" to that question. Still, I do remember the rough start to this past season, and the Cardinals torching our defense through the air gives me nightmares to this day... Yout gotta take into account players that will improve that are already on the roster.

J-Mike88
03-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Yout gotta take into account players that will improve that are already on the roster.
They should. But so should other teams guys.
One concern I have is that some of our KEY players will not improve because they're closer to hitting the wall.

Clifton
Tauscher
Driver
Harris
Woodson

We need some guys to step up.
Pat Lee would help.
Cyril Obiozor or Brad Jones would help.
Raji could make a big difference, and he should being a top-ten pick in season 2.
Justin Harrell would....... ah nevermind. ;)

johbur
03-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Ah, Justin Harrell... Were it not for Raji and Matthews Harrell might mean something entirely different when discussing Ted Thompson. With no cap, they can keep Harrell around and see if a guy who's watched three years of tape but hasn't been on the field for pretty much four years can do anything. If Jolly beats his rap, I wouldn't be surprised to see Harrell cut though. As it is, he's 315 pounds or so, and that's probably why he's still on the roster.

Pat Lee and Will Blackmon back and contributing could make the up-coming roster battles at CB fierce, especially if Harris comes back for TC. Then again, that's three guys who have been injured at a position that values speed. Guys not at a 100% might not be able to make the roster if there's a good draft and TT finds a reasonably priced CB.

RyanBraun8
03-20-2010, 01:25 AM
They should. But so should other teams guys.
One concern I have is that some of our KEY players will not improve because they're closer to hitting the wall.

Clifton
Tauscher
Driver
Harris
Woodson

We need some guys to step up.
Pat Lee would help.
Cyril Obiozor or Brad Jones would help.
Raji could make a big difference, and he should being a top-ten pick in season 2.
Justin Harrell would....... ah nevermind. ;)

ha maybe cause I have been at the bar all night this made me laugh out loud, good call! Harrell is a dream that may never come true for our depth

-Raji would be huge and make our D-Line awesome

-Lee would be awesome but don't forget Underwood, the kid has skill he just needs to adjust...he has so much talent and he finally got his act together his senior year and last season I may be crazy but I think he was improving.

-Jones.....Please just eat as much protein as you can!!!!! Chicken, shakes, eggs....anything just get up to at least 250-255!! He has a frame like Maybin so it is possible to do. Obiozor call me nuts but I believe you are the next Harrison in my heart, my mind is telling me not so much but I got to follow my heart lol

- Woodson.....please he doesn't know what a wall is, every year he gets older and his game gets more sensational! Revis... suck it! I love you and I hate to be stuck on your Island but Woodson is the definition of shutdown CB and he can still ball. It is doesn't happen much, Primetime and Darrell Green are the last to come to mind but he just seems to not lose a step and keeps gettig better with age....he is a fine glass of wine. Same goes for Driver.

-The rest of the list yeah it is hard to expect them to offer the same or more. Clifton is beat down as is Tauscher, Harris is 36 and coming off an injury 22 years struggle to come back from.

The great news is all TT's draft core are just reaching there Prime. We are still one of the youngest teams in the league.

the key is to keep developing depth, I can't stress enough that depth makes you a great team. Patriots at thier peek could put in a third stringer and still dominate. The Packers struggle with that, he suffer injuries and we don't always have the players there to fill in.

Also the other key is finally develop a decent special teams that doesn't allow the opposing team to always start with great field position. That is the haunting, worst part about this team. Special Teams kill us. That and MM's lack of dicipline leading to penatlies. We can't be a front runner to take the crown for most penilized team every year. MM I know your a nice guy but lay down the law, enough is enough.

cvv84
03-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Kampman took some add space out to thank the fans.

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/cvv84/kampman.jpg

princefielder28
03-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Kampman is so classy...do you guys think he'll end up in the Packers HOF? He's in, right?

RyanBraun8
03-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Kampman is so classy...do you guys think he'll end up in the Packers HOF? He's in, right?

I would have to believe so. I don't see how he couldn't with his play on the field and character off. Truely a class act. Never complained and just went and did his job.

J-Mike88
03-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Very classy.
That was the only problem with the 3-4 switch, is you just knew that Kampman didn't fit and that the writing was on the wall for him to depart.

PF28, he's a lock.

TitleTown088
03-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Stay classy Aaron Kampman.

The_Dude
03-20-2010, 12:57 PM
I just saw that too. I've always liked Kampman. Very classy. Hopefully other players can pick up on this move and do their best to emulate Kampman both on and off the field.

Splat
03-20-2010, 01:24 PM
That is pretty sweet.

TitleTown088
03-20-2010, 07:08 PM
http://www.indmix.biz/album10/031310c/thumbs/IMG_9600.jpg

Don't spend that tendor in one place Johnny.

cvv84
03-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Arghhh.... That's just what scares me about that guy. He has the potential to be an elite player at the position but he needs to grow up and find a new group of friends.

J-Mike88
03-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Arghhh.... That's just what scares me about that guy. He has the potential to be an elite player at the position but he needs to grow up and find a new group of friends.
I agree. But the truth is he's not gonna do that.

J-Mike88
03-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Is Elvis Dumervil worth the #23 & #96 pick?

GB12
03-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Probably, but it's not going to happen. Even if we were to sign him to an offer sheet Denver would pretty much have to match it.

RyanBraun8
03-20-2010, 10:04 PM

No, maybe a 1st preferably a 2nd but not worth trading both a 1 & 3 rd pick. I mean he gets a bunch of sacks but he doesn't rack up tackles and he is dreadful in coverage. With how much people on this board have tore apart Hawk on his coverage in the past, Dumervil will make Hawk look like Revis and drive people nuts.

To me, seeing the way the Packers us a balance attack on which OLB rushes and how they wouldn't even commit to Kampman rushing more than 60 or so percent of the time, I don't see Dumbervil an option. With Denver's style of attack Dumervil is going almost every down.

Good player though

cvv84
03-20-2010, 10:12 PM
No, maybe a 1st preferably a 2nd but not worth trading both a 1 & 3 rd pick. I mean he gets a bunch of sacks but he doesn't rack up tackles and he is dreadful in coverage. With how much people on this board have tore apart Hawk on his coverage in the past, Dumervil will make Hawk look like Revis and drive people nuts.

To me, seeing the way the Packers us a balance attack on which OLB rushes and how they wouldn't even commit to Kampman rushing more than 60 or so percent of the time, I don't see Dumbervil an option. With Denver's style of attack Dumervil is going almost every down.

Good player though

I tend to lean with your thinking here. Dumervil is a good player but he racked up alot of sacks against teams with terrible offensive lines. Granted alot of the elite players get multiple sacks against poor teams though, I wouldn't pony up a 1st round pick for him. If you translate Brad Jones stats into a full season you'd come up with the line of 48 tackles and 9 sacks. Not exactally a bad compliment to Matthews.

Favre4ever
03-20-2010, 10:37 PM
I tend to lean with your thinking here. Dumervil is a good player but he racked up alot of sacks against teams with terrible offensive lines. Granted alot of the elite players get multiple sacks against poor teams though, I wouldn't pony up a 1st round pick for him. If you translate Brad Jones stats into a full season you'd come up with the line of 48 tackles and 9 sacks. Not exactally a bad compliment to Matthews.

Its not always about the sacks but more about the pressures and with Jones it was often all or nothing. The pressures are what help the secondaries the most. Jones is just not the relentless force that we're looking for. Hes however a great guy to have as a back up though. In the playoff game against AZ, Warner was barely forced to move in the pocket and Jones was completely manhandled all game long while Clay was doubled. Getting another Matthews type of OLB could do wonders to our pass defense.

cvv84
03-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Its not always about the sacks but more about the pressures and with Jones it was often all or nothing. The pressures are what help the secondaries the most. Jones is just not the relentless force that we're looking for. Hes however a great guy to have as a back up though. In the playoff game against AZ, Warner was barely forced to move in the pocket and Jones was completely manhandled all game long while Clay was doubled. Getting another Matthews type of OLB could do wonders to our pass defense.

How many teams have another great rusher opposite each other?

Also:

Kampman - 11 pressues, 12 QB hits
Jones - 10 pressures, 5 QB hits

Again, prorate Jones over an entire season and its 22 pressures and 11 QB hits. That would've ranked 3rd in each category for the team this year.

Its easy to single out someone in a single game so if thats the case then just look at how poorly our ILB play was in that wild card game.

johbur
03-20-2010, 11:32 PM
http://www.indmix.biz/album10/031310c/thumbs/IMG_9600.jpg

Don't spend that tendor in one place Johnny.

Maybe he can get a little more "cough" syrup...

On the Dumervil note, I wouldn't give the 1 and 3 for him, but I would give the first round pick to Denver for Brandon Marshal. Brandon Marshal and Greg Jennings as the starters, with Donald Driver as the #3 at this stage of his career for the next couple of years would be an amazing WR trio...

J-Mike88
03-22-2010, 09:39 AM
I still think Teddy Ballgame will bring in one of is typical free agents. Not a huge marquee name. More like a Brandon Chillar, Frank Walker, Anthony Smith, Derrick Martin kind of player. I would bet that he does.

Now, here's a list of guys still available that I think fit his criteria. Which, IF ANY, do you guys want? Which, IF ANY, do you think are the most likely?
(I'm not sure of the tenders placed on each of them though)

OT Mike Gandy, Arizona
OLB Thomas Howard, Oaktown
DE Marques Douglass, NY Jets
CB Richard Marshall, Carolina
CB Carlos Rogers, Washington
P Michael Koenen, Atlanta

Sidenote: Both Jerome Harrison and Pierre Thomas were given 2nd round tenders. Harrison looked like a rising superstar late in the season for the Browns and I believe he's better than any RB in the draft that would be available at the #56 spot.
I am happy with Grant though, and think B Jackson is fine in the 3rd down role.

Here's a nice list from Sporting News: http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20100322?sub_id=5nehWHThitUQ&folio=7#pg7

cuzifelt1ikeit
03-22-2010, 10:39 AM
thomas howard for sure. and where do you get all these nicknames for people? do you just make them up?

RyanBraun8
03-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Thomas Howard is more of a speed 4-3 OLB, can't see him being an option foe the defense

Mr.Regular
03-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Does anyone have any Jeremy Thompson updates? I'd love to see him bounce back and contribute to our team... remember the rumblings he could be a starter last summer?! The guy has serious potential. I remember I loved him coming out in the draft.
I hope he's recovering well that was a nasty injury.

TitleTown088
03-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Jeremy Thompson is soft. I hate to say it, but I've given up on him.

Whistler6
03-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Does anyone have any Jeremy Thompson updates? I'd love to see him bounce back and contribute to our team... remember the rumblings he could be a starter last summer?! The guy has serious potential. I remember I loved him coming out in the draft.
I hope he's recovering well that was a nasty injury.

I have dug through every Packer site I know of and haven't been able to find a single note of news regarding J. Thompson. He appears to be MIA. Honestly, I think he's just not newsworthy until he starts to make (more of) an impact on the field.

Mr.Regular
03-24-2010, 10:43 AM
I have dug through every Packer site I know of and haven't been able to find a single note of news regarding J. Thompson. He appears to be MIA. Honestly, I think he's just not newsworthy until he starts to make (more of) an impact on the field.
Yeah I can't find a single thing on him either. TT088 is right though... it may be time to just give up on him. Difference a year makes huh? Last year he was a potential starter and now hes nowhere to be seen.
I would like to see him make a comeback but thats seems very unlikely.

Whistler6
03-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Well you see a 6'5'' 260 lb physical specimen who Ted Thompson actually traded up to get in the 2008 draft and there's excitement. His college stats are head-turning:

Played in 46 games with 32 starts for Wake Forest and finished his career with 111 tackles, 20 tackles for loss and 8 sacks

Had two interceptions, including an 86-yard return for a touchdown at
Connecticut as a junior, and blocked two field goals during his career

Was a two-time Academic All-ACC selection, and as a senior, was one of 10 finalists for the National Sportsmanship Award, given to the college player who best personifies the spirit of sportsmanship

But unfortunately, he has struggled with injuries. I don't know if they should give up on him, because dang he's still so young. Maybe his transition from a DE to OLB in the 3-4 is tougher on him that previously though. The jury is still out, but I don't expect much.

Being an Academic All-ACC selection and nominee for a National Sportmanship award too, he seems like a good guy and a player to root for.

http://www.packers.com/team/players/thompson_jeremy/

Mr.Regular
03-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Will he have a roster spot though? Matthews/Jones/Poppinga are all probably ahead of him, plus I am assuming we will be adding a rookie at OLB in the early rounds.

Jim Jim
03-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Jeremy Thompson has some serious neck issues. I wouldn't expect him to play anymore.

Mr.Regular
03-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Jeremy Thompson has some serious neck issues. I wouldn't expect him to play anymore.
Thats what is frustrating... there doesn't seem to be any info on him. Theres a good chance youre right but Id like an official update about his status.

Jim Jim
03-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Me too. But I distinctly remember him seeking out a second opinion on his neck because of the severity of it all.

J-Mike88
03-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Me neither. Like Terrance Murphy and Sterling Sharpe, I think the neck ended his Packer career.

Thompson was always soft. Look at his sack total in college. I remembner reading someone's scouting report on him (maybe Scott), and it said the guy did NOT have a knack for getting to the QB.

I want guys that DO have a knack for that.
Hughes and Graham DO have a knack for that.
I like Brad Jones. I love Graham and Hughes.

Whistler6
03-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Me neither. Like Terrance Murphy and Sterling Sharpe, I think the neck ended his Packer career.

Thompson was always soft. Look at his sack total in college. I remembner reading someone's scouting report on him (maybe Scott), and it said the guy did NOT have a knack for getting to the QB.

Maybe he is a bit soft, but basing that on a neck injury and college sack numbers doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Obviously TT saw something he liked, as did others, if he jumped ahead of several teams in the 4th round to draft Thompson.

I agree from what we've seen he doesn't look to be anything more than a special-teamer, but I'll withold judgement until I find out the facts.

111 tackles, 20 tackles for loss and 8 sacks in 32 starts and 46 total games, along with 2 blocked field goals and 2 interceptions, one of which he returned for 86 yards and a touchdown...That seems like a guy who has a "knack" for getting to the ball.

Why am I defending Jeremy Thompson when I openly bash Justin Harrell? Beats me.:rolleyes:

Whistler6
03-24-2010, 06:09 PM

I can breathe much easier after seeing T-Murph has landed on his feet and is doing well. It looks like he's quite successful with his real estate. Definitely defines: Packer people.

http://www.terrencemurphy.com/
"Terrence Murphy, Realtor:
All great realtors possess similar characteristics: a strong work ethic, knowledge, desire to serve, reliability, and selflessness. These are all qualities that Terrence has shown throughout his life on and off the football field. Each characteristic has played a role in his achieved success as a former Texas A&M and Green Bay Packer football player. After retiring in 2006 from the NFL, Terrence was able to pursue his passion for real estate and chose to settle in Bryan/College Station.

Terrence comes with five years of experience in the real estate industry. As an investor, a general contractor building custom homes, and participating in residential development projects. Currently his personal real estate company manages a 2.5 million dollar portfolio of investment properties. In addition, his entrepreneurial spirit led him to open Play N Trade, a video game franchise in town at the Bryan Towne Center. As an ambassador for A&M, Terrence frequently accepts speaking engagements around the state in order to speak about the university he cherishes. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Letterman’s Association also."

cvv84
03-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Thompson always seemed like a better fit for the 3-4 to me. Unfortunately its pretty likely we'll never get to see his full potential.

And J-Mike, was a guy like Kampman known for getting to the QB in college? That street goes both ways.

RyanBraun8
03-24-2010, 08:45 PM

I'll agree that I don't think Thompson would have ever been a sack artist
(or will be) but he seems like he'd be a solid back up. Coming out he was a guy who had the athletic tangables and even though he wasn't a sack machine he was a physical player. I think the main reason why TT took him was because of his athleticism and just hoped he would come around and translate it to the field.

That last part just makes me gringe. Graham is understandable and think he'd do a great job but Hughes.... Jamal Reynolds had a knack for being able to run around OT's in college look where he ended up. You need to be able to more than run around everyone in the NFL and I have yet to see him show any potential to do that. Beside for every run play where he is being blocked 10-15 yards back because he has no leverage or when he is stuck on OT's during a bull rush because he doesn't know how to use his hands, that is all I have seen of him. It is not like he was facing elite RT's in the MWC (He lined up at LE most of the time I believe). He has a motor but a motor is no good in the NFL when you can't get off blocks or use your hands.

I'm proud of Murphy, sounds like he is doing great and he deserves it. I had a rookie crush on him and thought he was going to be awesome then the injury happened and it was just really disappointing for all the talent and potential to never be able to show what he had to offer. Keep it up T-Murph!

cvv84
03-24-2010, 08:57 PM
I think T.J.s long-term (position) is at guard, McCarthy said. I think hes a natural left guard when I look at his body.

Thats pretty much what alot of us have been saying for some time on here now. I wouldn't be suprised to see Spitz or Colledge traded at some point on draft day or soon after.

GB12
03-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Thats pretty much what alot of us have been saying for some time on here now. I wouldn't be suprised to see Spitz or Colledge traded at some point on draft day or soon after.
I would hang on to Spitz, but if we could get a late 4th rounder or better for Colledge I'd do it. Could we get that, I don't know, but I don't think it'd be worth trading him for any less.

RyanBraun8
03-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah from what MM said in the JS article it appears that Clifton and Sitton are the only two locks on the line. LG will be Collegde vs. Spitz, C will be Wells vs. Dietrich-Smith, RT Tauscher vs. Lang. Try to draft a LT in the early rounds to back up Clifton. Barbre, Breno have outside track to make the team with Lang also being an option at LG if things aren't working out there.

J-Mike88
03-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Yeah from what MM said in the JS article it appears that Clifton and Sitton are the only two locks on the line. LG will be Collegde vs. Spitz, C will be Wells vs. Dietrich-Smith, RT Tauscher vs. Lang. Try to draft a LT in the early rounds to back up Clifton. Barbre, Breno have outside track to make the team with Lang also being an option at LG if things aren't working out there.
So they are done with trying to make Spitz our center?
I think TJ could be a great LG and a very good RT. I'm torn there.

TitleTown088
03-25-2010, 11:06 AM
I would hang on to Spitz, but if we could get a late 4th rounder or better for Colledge I'd do it. Could we get that, I don't know, but I don't think it'd be worth trading him for any less.

Yeah, at this point it would be great to get a draft pick for College. I think Lang is going to end up being the answer at LG in the future and College will be with no real spot on the roster... Maaaaaybe at RT? He did play some of his best football there when he filled in.

J-Mike88
03-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Colledge has the same tender on him as Thomas Howard.
Let's trade each other's 2nd round picks for the other guy !!!!!

RyanBraun8
03-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Colledge has the same tender on him as Thomas Howard.
Let's trade each other's 2nd round picks for the other guy !!!!!

Except that Howard doesn't project as a 3-4 OLB at all, He'd prob have to play inside. I really liked him out of college because he is a good 4-3 OLB, plus he had blazing speed. But this is a guy has played 4 seasons and has only had 4 sacks....where is the benifit? It is like bringing back Aaron Kampman and playing him at 3-4 DE....just doesn't work. I much rather just trade Colledge for a pick

umphrey
03-26-2010, 03:29 PM
McCarthy came out and said that Lang's best fit is at LG. He also said he felt comfortable with him at RT and that he did a solid job subbing in at LT. It all probably means they are going to push him towards LG but he might end up at a tackle spot if team needs dictate. Personally I want to stick him at LG, start him over Colledge, and never look back. If Iupati is there at our pick then things get dicey, otherwise bring in some new talent for a tackle job or maybe even Pouncey to play center. I'm not just talking about round 1 though, there we should go BPA for the most part.

Mr.Regular
03-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey guys Im GMing the Pack in the Forum Mock with ImBrotherCain (who hasnt shown up yet). So Im doing the work so far. I just traded our #3 for Darren Sproles and the Chargers #5.... thoughts?
Im also working on some other deals right now involving AJ Hawk. If you wanna help out send me a PM so I can bounce some ideas off of other Pack fans.

Mr.Regular
03-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey guys Im GMing the Pack in the Forum Mock with ImBrotherCain (who hasnt shown up yet). So Im doing the work so far. I just traded our #3 for Darren Sproles and the Chargers #5.... thoughts?
Im also working on some other deals right now involving AJ Hawk. If you wanna help out send me a PM so I can bounce some ideas off of other Pack fans.
To add onto that deal I just nabbed Vincent Fuller from the Titans and their 3rd round pick for Hawk and our 4th.
Fuller projects as competition for Bigby right away and could also contribute as a nickel/dime back....which keeps Bush off the field.
Chillar or Bishop move into the starting role...which isn't too big of a drop off. And Hawk would have to take a pay cut in the future anyway to stay on the team so I think this is a good deal.
Thoughts guys?

cvv84
03-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Not really a fan of either trade. Sproles provides the speed we lack at RB but I don't think there's really enough carries to go around. We don't run the ball a whole lot as is and we'd be taking on alot of money via the franchise tag on Sproles. Thats alot to give up for a backup RB.

Fuller always seemed a little soft to me and while Hawk has struggled he's still a solid player. Bishop is a much greater liability in coverage and if Hawk is traded we immediately lack depth at ILB.

JMO.

Mr.Regular
03-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Not really a fan of either trade. Sproles provides the speed we lack at RB but I don't think there's really enough carries to go around. We don't run the ball a whole lot as is and we'd be taking on alot of money via the franchise tag on Sproles. Thats alot to give up for a backup RB.

Fuller always seemed a little soft to me and while Hawk has struggled he's still a solid player. Bishop is a much greater liability in coverage and if Hawk is traded we immediately lack depth at ILB.

JMO.
I view Sproles as a perfect compliment to Grant. He'd add so much to our screen game for example. For the price I paid I think it was a steal, but I see your point. If I didn't grab Sproles, I would've targeted Best, McKnight, or McCluster in rounds 2 or 3, and Ill take Sproles plus a 5 for a 3 instead of that any day.
Hawk I thought had to go. Its probably his last year here, because he's going to have to take a huge pay cut. Hes mediocre at best in our scheme, I dont think we lose much if anything by pluggin in Chillar.
And Fuller is some secondary depth we really need. He can push Bigby and be a great nickel or dime guy. I see that move as low risk.

Respect your opinion though, good points.

DoughBoy
03-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Fuller is a beast of nickle, no lie. Our pass defense was lost without him when he got hurt the first part of the year.

J-Mike88
03-26-2010, 08:02 PM
To add onto that deal I just nabbed Vincent Fuller from the Titans and their 3rd round pick for Hawk and our 4th.
Fuller projects as competition for Bigby right away and could also contribute as a nickel/dime back....which keeps Bush off the field.
Chillar or Bishop move into the starting role...which isn't too big of a drop off. And Hawk would have to take a pay cut in the future anyway to stay on the team so I think this is a good deal.
Thoughts guys?

Both are outstanding trades. Well done.

J-Mike88
03-26-2010, 08:05 PM

JMO.

JMO, but what Hawk brings to the table is a lot easier to replace than what a guy like Sproles brings to the table. For the past 2 seasons, he's been their key sparkplug. Plus as you said, Fuller might allow us to throw Jarrett Bush down the river, finally.

Mr.Regular
03-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Glad for the feedback guys! Both are pretty bold moves, but I think I got great value for both.
And I agree 100% JMike. Both are win now moves.
Sproles adds so much to our offense, easily worth the price. We were going to take a similar player in the mid rounds anyway so I dont see too much downside. He adds to our run and pass game, plus hes use to being a role player so I don't see too much trouble.
And Fuller adds corner and safety depth. Both things we need..especially with Al Harris' injury a proven veteran like him will really help out our secondary I think.
Losing Hawk is no sweat to me. He's easy to replace. Chillar is more than adequate.

ImBrotherCain
03-26-2010, 08:51 PM

Thoughts guys?

Sorry bro i had school and work today... i sent you an email saying you can get a hold of me that way.

I think the trades were a good idea

princefielder28
03-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Mr. Regular, your next move should be trading Aaron Rodgers to the Eagles for Kevin Kolb...just an idea haha

Whistler6
03-27-2010, 12:21 AM
I was just watching the Sports 32 Roundtable, and they mentioned that Al Harris might be put on the PUP list to start the season... I wasn't listening closely, but has anyone else hear or read that? Has that been expected?

I'm not sure Green Bay is expecting from Harris coming back, but him sitting out the 1st six weeks might change early draft plans.

EDIT: Well there's this, so maybe MM has already been expecting it.

McCarthy said at the NFL owners meetings in Orlando, Fla., on March 24 that there’s a chance the 35-year-old Harris won’t be ready for the start of next season.

“It’s a significant injury,” McCarthy said of the torn ACL in Harris’ left knee that necessitated the operation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Akw_qhWOhsgrGB9y3MpJTx3.uLYF?slug=teamre ports-2010-nfl-gnb

cvv84
03-27-2010, 11:05 AM
I was just watching the Sports 32 Roundtable, and they mentioned that Al Harris might be put on the PUP list to start the season... I wasn't listening closely, but has anyone else hear or read that? Has that been expected?

I'm not sure Green Bay is expecting from Harris coming back, but him sitting out the 1st six weeks might change early draft plans.

EDIT: Well there's this, so maybe MM has already been expecting it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Akw_qhWOhsgrGB9y3MpJTx3.uLYF?slug=teamre ports-2010-nfl-gnb

Pretty much expected if you ask me. His ACL injury was worse than Kampman's and at his age you had to figure that he'd wouldn't be ready to go come September.

I don't really see this changing our draft plans seeing CB and OT have been needs for awhile now and we all figured that we'd be targeting those positions anyways.

umphrey
03-28-2010, 06:07 PM
There are some videos I posted before. He didn't just tear the ACL he ripped apart the entire inside half of his knee, several ligaments. The trainer said it was the worst injury he's seen in 20+ years of experience. After I heard that from Al Harris and his trainer I pretty much wrote him off. I thought he'd come back and play but quickly find out he wasn't capable.

J-Mike88
03-29-2010, 05:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/11159/scouts-inc-peppers-vs-the-nfc-north

Peppers vs the NFC North OT's.
You guys remember what Adewale Ugunleye did to Barbre week one last year?
Thank God they didn't have Peppers that game. Rodgers would be a memory by now if that were the case.

The Packers had a ton of problems keeping Aaron Rodgers upright in 2009. But as Rodgers improved at getting the ball out of his hands and as Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher got healthy and back in the flow of the game as the season went along, the overall protection improved. Clifton isn’t pretty and is never mentioned among the better players at his position, but he gets the job done year after year and once again was very able as Rodgers’ blind-side protector. Tauscher’s quickness and agility have really waned and at this point, he gets by on technique, intelligence and grit. He is just an ordinary pass-protector and could be pushed by the more nimble and much younger T.J. Lang. But Lang was too often beaten in protection last year.

Overall, Peppers’ ability to line up at either defensive end position is obviously an asset and flipping him from side to side throughout the game could provide problems for the Bears’ opponents. The fact is that Peppers is a better football player than any offensive tackle in this division. Backus is the best of the group and Clifton is a strong player, but both will require help against Peppers. He could wreak havoc -- no matter which side he aligns on.

cvv84
03-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Michael Montgomery signs a 1 year deal with the Vikings.

RyanBraun8
03-29-2010, 08:35 PM
The Vikings just prey off our leftovers. As soon as we let someone walk they are right there to snatch them up. Vikqueens hope you enjoy some more used up sloppy seconds.

J-Mike88
03-29-2010, 09:38 PM
The Vikings just prey off our leftovers. As soon as we let someone walk they are right there to snatch them up. Vikqueens hope you enjoy some more used up sloppy seconds.
No kidding... I think they are constantly trying to get us back for taking away the Gravedigger from them!!!!

Next to go from Titletown to Donuttown: Jarrett Bush?

Jim Jim
03-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Be sure to take a glance at the Packers Draft Day Challenge thread. Updated it with some important info.

cuzifelt1ikeit
03-30-2010, 03:13 AM
when i read the tail end of this thread about us trading hawk for fuller i about **** a brick haha

J-Mike88
04-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Anyone know if Ted Thompson is the one that drafted Ken Hamlin?
I believe he had to have been involved with his pick there in Seattle.
TT brought in Anthony Smith and Derrick Martin last year at safety.... perhaps this might be a guy he looks at. Probably not, unless he really loved him coming outta Clemson, he might think he's a good vet to bring in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5050137

TitleTown088
04-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Is Drowe gone? I miss that journey lovin' perv :(

cvv84
04-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Is Drowe gone? I miss that journey lovin' perv :(

Its the offseason, I'm sure alot more people will start showing up around draft day.

Jim Jim
04-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Reunited and it's going to feel so good!

Don't forget to get your picks in on the Draft Day Challenge. Stuff is coming up mighty fast.

Whistler6
04-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Scott Wright is going to be on AM 1570 The Score tomorrow afternoon. Not sure I'll get a chance to listen, but it's cool to see him reaching out to places as "obscure" as the Green Bay-Appleton area.

Whistler6
04-04-2010, 08:50 PM
The only difference between the McNabb and Favre trade? Green Bay knew better than to send their Hall of Fame QB to a disvision rival.

J-Mike88
04-04-2010, 10:04 PM
The only difference between the McNabb and Favre trade? Green Bay knew better than to send their Hall of Fame QB to a disvision rival.
Right, we got a lot less in trade value though.
But we did parlay that lesser pick into trading up for Clay Matthews.
Now I want Clay to hammer Farve and force him to throw a pick-6 to Woody and a pick-6 to Bigby.

TitleTown088
04-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Right, we got a lot less in trade value though.

Favre being 39 at the time may have had something to do with that.

J-Mike88
04-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Favre being 39 at the time may have had something to do with that.True, but Favre at 39 is somehow like most QBs at 29, that f*****g b******d.

J-Mike88
04-08-2010, 11:37 PM
So Pelissero left to go to Minneapolis with ESPN.com...
should be interesting for him there with #4 there.
Anyone know the details of the gig for TP?

Whistler6
04-08-2010, 11:51 PM
His Bio on his website says:

Tom Pelissero is Senior Editor and columnist for ESPN Twin Cities, which launches April 12.

I'm guessing he was offered a big pay bump along with a better chance to expand than he had in Green Bay.

http://www.tompelissero.com/bio.html

TitleTown088
04-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Yeah he left GBPG awhile ago and announced it on twitter. That sucks because he wsa probably the best Packer beat writer. Bedard is not enjoyable to follow, he's so overly negative.

cvv84
04-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Yeah he left GBPG awhile ago and announced it on twitter. That sucks because he wsa probably the best Packer beat writer. Bedard is not enjoyable to follow, he's so overly negative.

I must have missed his announcement on Twitter but that explains why he was tweeting about the 1st HR at Target Field.

I don't really mind Bedard, though he does seem like he's the holier than thou type.

Whistler6
04-09-2010, 05:36 PM

True story. The pessimism really is draining after a while.

Jim Jim
04-09-2010, 06:10 PM
All of this talk about columnist and beat writers has me thinking of one in particular. It's been bugging me because I can't remember his name. He used to write for JSONLINE and had monthly chats where he was overly negative. He was an older guy. Does anyone remember who this might be? It's been bugging the crap out of me.

cvv84
04-09-2010, 06:13 PM
All of this talk about columnist and beat writers has me thinking of one in particular. It's been bugging me because I can't remember his name. He used to write for JSONLINE and had monthly chats where he was overly negative. He was an older guy. Does anyone remember who this might be? It's been bugging the crap out of me.

Cliff Crystal?

Jim Jim
04-09-2010, 06:24 PM
I think that might be it! Thanks.

RyanBraun8
04-09-2010, 10:20 PM

Agreed and to me it seems like he also writes really arrogent. I know as a beat writer he does know much more than I do but I prefer beat writers who don't have to try to make that point constintly. The ones who just give you the up to date news without all the sacasm and other stuff. But I still read it everyday so ha I guess it doesn't bug overly much.

I was actually talking to Drew Olson the former Brewer Beat writer last week when I was at a PR thing at the Admiral game and that guy is awesome in person. Talking to him really made me respect beat writers a hell of a lot more (def baseball ones, football doesn't have the crazy schedule and constant travel). It is a pretty tough job.

cvv84
04-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Jermichael Finley training with pro boxer Brian Vera to improve conditioning (http://gnb.scout.com/2/961147.html)

After a rocky rookie season and calling out the coaches to get him more involved in the offense its nice to see him with the right attitude and working hard to improve his game.

princefielder28
04-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Chad Simpson was released today by the Colts. I think he'd be a nice addition as a #3 RB and special teamer.

J-Mike88
04-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Cliff Crystal?
Yep Clif Christl. He is an A S S H O L E and a grumpy old bast*rd.
I'll take Bedard over Cliffy any damn day.

Even though Christl would always answer about 6 of my post-game chat questions (under different aliases), he still was such a prick.

The last thing I tolerated from him was his 2006 All Pro team he chose. He chose Javon Walker of the Broncos as his 2nd WR! He did it all to spite Ted Thompson. Walker's numbers were basically about #8-#12 range, but that prik named Walker on his team, and voted for the guy as he was a member of the Pro Football Writers Association.

Some people think I am an anti-TT guy. I am not. And I totally defended that Walker move, thought it was a brilliant move by TT. We got Jennings, they got Walker, and they lost a lot of money.

GB12
04-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Looking at Westbrook. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/90693679.html

cvv84
04-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Looking at Westbrook. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/90693679.html

Interesting. I'd still prefer to draft a RB at some point though and considering Westbrook's concussion history you'd have to wonder if he'd be worth the investment.

TitleTown088
04-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Interesting. I'd still prefer to draft a RB at some point though and considering Westbrook's concussion history you'd have to wonder if he'd be worth the investment.

x2. Westbrook could be an addition, but I'd still like a young RB in the draft.

Mr.Regular
04-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Anyone else warming up to the idea of Taylor Mays as our first rounder?
I don't know if he fits the mold of how we usually use our safeties, but I'm thinking Capers could have some fun utilizing this guy and maximizing his potential. I wouldn't be upset with him at 23 at all.

cvv84
04-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Anyone else warming up to the idea of Taylor Mays as our first rounder?
I don't know if he fits the mold of how we usually use our safeties, but I'm thinking Capers could have some fun utilizing this guy and maximizing his potential. I wouldn't be upset with him at 23 at all.

It really depends who is on the clock for me. I actually kind of like Nate Allen for our system. He's another centerfielder type to go along with Collins and he's a reliable tackler.

I'd love to get Mike Iupati, Bruce Campbell, Sergio Kindle, Kyle Wilson, or Demaryius Thomas though.

jackalope
04-12-2010, 08:40 PM
God, I don't want Mays.

umphrey
04-12-2010, 08:40 PM
I've been thinking of pick 23 as a luxury pick for us. I want a good player regardless of position that has some real potential. This isn't because of the state of our team, that has some to do with it. It's more because the talent lines up with our needs really poorly in the 1st but really well in the 2nd and 3rd. And we don't have any real holes to fill. No matter what position we draft he'll almost definitely be on the bench his rookie year.
Plus you have to temper your expectations. When you get to the late first round where we are picking you either have to start looking at risk/reward guys or dependable prospects that are going to be role players or play a less valued position.

These are the guys I'm looking at:

Any of the top 5 OTs
Iupati, Pouncey
Kindle, Hughes
Mays, Earl Thomas
Javhid Best
D. Thomas, Golden Tate

umphrey
04-12-2010, 08:54 PM
x2. Westbrook could be an addition, but I'd still like a young RB in the draft.

I would support Westbrook. He's actually only 30 and his career started kind of late with a number of years splitting carries. I'd rather wait until after the draft though because we might be in a position to take a RB in the first 3 rounds and we would force ourselves to write that off completely unless we want to cut Brandon Jackson, which wouldn't be the worst but we would be losing a solid back that does the little things in favor of 2 guys with question marks.

TitleTown088
04-12-2010, 09:23 PM
God, I don't want Mays.

I wouldn't dislike the pick if the value were right, but man he makes me nervous. Too big of a boom or bust pick.

J-Mike88
04-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Brandon Jackson has been improving, and he's a TT 2nd round draft pick.
He's not going to be cut.

While I personally would love to take advantage of the free agency invention and add a piece or two that way, saving the draft picks for other positions, I really don't see the Packers signing Westbrook. I'd be shocked, as shocked as I was when the Patriots logo turned into the Packer logo on the clock again last year late in round 1, to get Matthews.

umphrey
04-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Brandon Jackson is FAR from being untouchable

PACKmanN
04-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Brandon Jackson has been improving, and he's a TT 2nd round draft pick.
He's not going to be cut.

While I personally would love to take advantage of the free agency invention and add a piece or two that way, saving the draft picks for other positions, I really don't see the Packers signing Westbrook. I'd be shocked, as shocked as I was when the Patriots logo turned into the Packer logo on the clock again last year late in round 1, to get Matthews.

I think Brandon has declined from last year.

As for Mays, he may, on paper, seem like not a TT type pick, but if you look it up he is.

J-Mike88
04-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Brandon Jackson is FAR from being untouchable
I don't love the guy either, but don't underestimate the faith that TT and MM have in Jackson.
#1- He's a TT 2nd round pick
#2- MM has been raving about the strides Jackson has made, and his ability as a blocker
#3- He's actually got pretty good hands outta the backfield, and averaged 9 yards a reception last year.

What I don't like about him is the fact that in all his carries last year (37 only), his longest run that he broke was 9 yards. All season.
I think we could use someone who's more explosive there, i.e. Westbrook perhaps. BW looked a lot better than LT did the past 3 seasons.

GB12
04-12-2010, 10:18 PM
I like Brandon Jackson and definitely want him on the roster next year. Getting a better runner as the #2 back isn't a bad idea, but Jackson plays a nice role in our offense and he's still only 24 years old.

Bibby10
04-12-2010, 11:40 PM
I hope soon, he should alot of promise last year after he fully got healed from his injury. He was quick and had a nose for the ball last year

Bibby10
04-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Chad Simpson was released today by the Colts. I think he'd be a nice addition as a #3 RB and special teamer.
I think this guy would be a better #3 RB. http://www.verboncouer33.com/

He is undrafted from last year. He ranked 5th in DII with total touchdowns. His measurements compare with those of the top guys at his positions. He would be a great back or special teams guy for the packers!

TitleTown088
04-13-2010, 12:11 AM
He's a TT 2nd round pick

So was Brohm.

I'm not saying I want Jackson gone, but being a 2nd rounder 3 years ago doesn't guarantee you roster spot.

Packystan
04-13-2010, 12:31 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0xPnZbi2QtQ/SPJs30CUG1I/AAAAAAAAIAQ/dSSn8uWHov8/s400/USC_ARIZONA_STATE_OCTOBER_11_18_Clay_Matthews_Tayl or_Mays_Ready_for_Snap.jpg

I'd like the look of that in green and gold.

Mr.Regular
04-13-2010, 12:33 AM
I dont think Jackson is in risk of getting cut. Hes a solid 3rd round guy. Good blocker and improving as a runner. Plus hes still really young.
For what his role is, he is a good player to have. Plus hes relatively cheap so I dont see why wed ditch him.

Bibby10
04-13-2010, 02:05 AM
Just take a quick look at this before you go wishing anything upon us, http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/03/02/combine.dbs/index.html

J-Mike88
04-13-2010, 08:23 AM
Just take a quick look at this before you go wishing anything upon us, http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/03/02/combine.dbs/index.html
During drills, Mays was in poor form. As fast as he was moving forwards, Mays was terribly slow moving in reverse. It was similar to his performance at the Senior Bowl in January. Mays looked uncomfortable backpedaling during drills and one scout called his defensive back fundamentals "just bad." When asked to change direction, Mays would come to a complete stop then start up again.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/03/02/combine.dbs/index.html#ixzz0kzCn5piO

J-Mike88
04-13-2010, 08:24 AM
So was Brohm.
You're certainly not comparing Brohm's body of work in Green Bay to Jackson's.

umphrey
04-13-2010, 10:19 AM
You're certainly not comparing Brohm's body of work in Green Bay to Jackson's.

No he's saying that a point you made was completely irrelevant

I agree with what people are saying about Jackson. I want him on the roster next year. It's just that we've seen his upside. He is what he is. If we sign a RB we can't draft one, and if we draft one we can't sign one, unless we drop Jackson. So what I think we should do is wait until the draft comes to make any roster moves with RBs and keep Westbrook as a backup plan, hoping no one else signs him first.

J-Mike88
04-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Whew, I thought he was comparing Brohm and Jackson there for a second when he mentioned them both in the same sentence saying Brohm was a 2nd round cut, so Jackson could be too.

Jackson isn't going anywhere regardless of Westbrook. Westbrook would be the veteran and replace Ahman, not BJ.

Anyway, I don't see TT signing BW. But I wonder if this is a smokescreen, hiding the Packers interest in a RB in the draft perhaps. This time of the year, right before the draft, there's more BS leaking out than truths.

J-Mike88
04-13-2010, 11:29 AM
-Who here would trade our 2nd round pick for Brandon Marshall?
-Who here would trade James Jones and a 4th for Marshall?
The Steelers giving away Holmes for a late 5th certainly didn't help Denver with the WR trade value, nor did the Boldin trade this winter.

I won't try and make a case for either side of either. Just curious to see what RyanBraun, PrinceFielder, Titletown, GB12, Umphrey, Bibby, MrRegular, Packystan think about Marshall.

Mr.Regular
04-13-2010, 12:06 PM
I wouldnt be trading a premium pick like our second rounder for a luxury like Marshall...especially considering we'd have to pay him huge bucks.

Basically it comes down to were so close to a championship run, and WR isn't on the list of needs to get us over the top. So Id keep the picks and keep the checkbook closed.

umphrey
04-13-2010, 12:19 PM
WR is an underrated need for us. But it's more like a future need where we can wait for the right guy or see if a 3rd rounder develops. Although Driver would make an excellent slot receiver at this stage in his career and putting someone with D Thomas's size opposite of Jennings would make for a very potent offense. But would we every see Jordy or Jones, and would there be enough for Finley to get his too? Tough decision. Not on Marshall, he wouldn't work in Green Bay, WR in general.

princefielder28
04-13-2010, 02:42 PM
-Who here would trade our 2nd round pick for Brandon Marshall?
-Who here would trade James Jones and a 4th for Marshall?
The Steelers giving away Holmes for a late 5th certainly didn't help Denver with the WR trade value, nor did the Boldin trade this winter.

I won't try and make a case for either side of either. Just curious to see what RyanBraun, PrinceFielder, Titletown, GB12, Umphrey, Bibby, MrRegular, Packystan think about Marshall.

I don't think anyone can deny that adding Brandon Marshall for anything less than first would be unbelievable value for what he's worth, but once you factor in the financial burden of bringing him in then that's where the problems arise. We are giving Driver and Jennings plenty of money right now and Marshall would easily command more than both of them. It's not one of our greatest weaknesses and our picks and money need to go towards the holes on our team.

GB12
04-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Let's put it this way: If Brandon Marshall was an unrestricted free agent would we sign him?

Of course not. So why would we trade for him

J-Mike88
04-13-2010, 04:46 PM
I don't think anyone can deny that adding Brandon Marshall for anything less than first would be unbelievable value for what he's worth, but once you factor in the financial burden of bringing him in then that's where the problems arise. We are giving Driver and Jennings plenty of money right now and Marshall would easily command more than both of them. It's not one of our greatest weaknesses and our picks and money need to go towards the holes on our team.
That's right on the money. :cool:
That should end anyone's dreams of taking Dez Bryant in the first round too.
We don't need a totally unproven WR coming in getting 1st round money.

OK, let me ask you guys this one then:
Would you trade our late 2nd rounder to Baltimore for OT Jared Gaither?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/11/bryant/3.html#
1. I think the trade that should happen is Baltimore signing left tackle Jared Gaither to an offer sheet and trading him to Dallas for a second-round pick. Am I sure the Ravens would do it? No, but I think it has a heck of a chance of passing muster, and I think Baltimore realizes it'd be a smart deal.

This has little to do with Gaither's ability; he's a top-12 NFL left tackle, he's young (24), with 28 starts already on his resume. But the Ravens aren't going to pay two players franchise-tackle money. Michael Oher will be the one to get the big bucks after being picked in the first round a year ago.

This deal would allow the Cowboys to get a much-needed, long-term left tackle, still use prospect Doug Free to compete with Marc Colombo at right tackle and eventually replace him permanently. Dallas would keep the 27th overall pick while filling a hole with the 59th, and Baltimore would get a third pick in the top 60 of a good draft to play with. Maybe it would allow the Ravens to move up a bit ... and get a player in a strong draft they wouldn't normally be able to get drafting so late in the round, like they did last year with Oher.
I'd jump on that if I were the Packers, but they just gave big money to veteran LT Chad Clifton, and re-signed veteran RT Mark Tauscher.
I think Ted Thompson would rather draft a rookie to groom than to trade a similar pick for a proven young LT. But I could be wrong.

GB12
04-13-2010, 05:06 PM
I'd trade 56 for Gaither in a second if it were up to me.

Not that I think it will happen, but I don't think the contracts of Clifton and Tauscher will have anything to do with it. They aren't big contracts and both can be cut easily after the first year.

jackalope
04-13-2010, 05:07 PM
I would trade pick 23 for Gaither.

TitleTown088
04-13-2010, 05:20 PM
I would trade pick 23 for Gaither.

No way. Not only is he not worth that, you could get him for less.

Mr.Regular
04-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I think we'll draft a LT early to develop behind Clifton.
Gaither would demand big money and playing time now, and we just resigned Clif and Tausch.

Though I love Gaither as a player, he wouldn't fit into our team right now.

jackalope
04-13-2010, 05:29 PM
No way. Not only is he not worth that, you could get him for less.

Well, obviously I'm not saying we should blindly give up 23, but I do see him being worth it. He's only 24, and I'd take him over any of the offensive tackles that will be there for our pick.

Is Gaither in a situation where a team would be able to make a trade on draft day, or does his contract situation make it more complicated than that?

cvv84
04-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I was just going to mention this as well. I'd give up a 2nd round pick for him. Young, athletic, and can play either tackle position.

Over a month later, I'd still give up our 2nd for Gaither.

Is Gaither in a situation where a team would be able to make a trade on draft day, or does his contract situation make it more complicated than that?

Gaither is a restricted free agent so a trade would really only depend on compensation. The problem is, he still hasn't signed his tender so he can't be traded.

Bibby10
04-13-2010, 06:39 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/DMN-Should-Pack-take-a-chance-on-Westbrook.html

Not sure if you guys saw this?

Whistler6
04-13-2010, 07:27 PM
So was Brohm.

I'm not saying I want Jackson gone, but being a 2nd rounder 3 years ago doesn't guarantee you roster spot.

He doesn't deserve to have a guaranteed roster spot. To me, he appears soft and without the burst needed to be a better than average NFL running back. I root for the guy, I want him to do well, but I wouldn't at all be bummed out if I saw he was let go.

He has shown flashes, but I don't see anything exceptional with Jackson that a bunch of guys aren't able to do as well. But then again I am an ignorant fan who knows nothing about talent evaluation.

umphrey
04-13-2010, 07:35 PM
He's worth keeping around as a blocker and because it wouldn't be a good idea to have a depth chart after Ryan Grant read rookie/30 yr old or rookie/rookie. If we get someone else to fill that role he's completely expendable. He's pretty reliable and he can block but as a runner he isn't any better than D Wynn or Kregg Lumpkin.

PACKmanN
04-13-2010, 07:41 PM
I'd trade 56 for Gaither in a second if it were up to me.

Not that I think it will happen, but I don't think the contracts of Clifton and Tauscher will have anything to do with it. They aren't big contracts and both can be cut easily after the first year.

Gaither will demand big money, so he has to start at LT. Are you prepared to have Clifton sit as the back up?

GB12
04-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Gaither will demand big money, so he has to start at LT. Are you prepared to have Clifton sit as the back up?

Sure, why not. Ideally I'd have Tauscher sit, but I'd gladly replace Clifton for Gaither. I wouldn't let Clifton's contract get in the way of improving our line that drastically.

PACKmanN
04-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Sure, why not. Ideally I'd have Tauscher sit, but I'd gladly replace Clifton for Gaither. I wouldn't let Clifton's contract get in the way of improving our line that drastically.

I understand that, but I wouldn't want him to be a back up because his contract is front loaded. Also, I wouldn't approve of having Gaither play RT, I know it would be for one season, but his contract would be too large for that position. We also should question does he have the work ethic to not slack off once given his big contract.

I think the Packers may get someone in FA next year, if they don't get someone in the draft.

umphrey
04-13-2010, 08:03 PM
I have a feeling that there are some character concerns with Gaither that haven't surfaced or maybe that he isn't well liked by coaches. If I'm wrong I stand by what I said before that I'd offer as high as our first for him. I couldn't care less about the paying him too much for 1 year out of a 5+ year deal. Besides, Tauscher and Clifton might not start 16 games combined next year.

J-Mike88
04-13-2010, 10:25 PM
18 of 21 responders in the main forum say Gaither is better and going to have a better career than Charles Brown.

That's what I thought. That's why I am amazed we'd take Brown at #23 when we probably could have Gaither for #56.
Brown could be a total bust. Gaither, well we know what he is already.

Money, especially this season, should be no issue.

J-Mike88
04-13-2010, 10:27 PM
ESPN has reported that the Dolphins are trying to get rid of Ted Ginn.

Ginn would look a lot better in Green and Gold.
Come to think of it, I seem to recall another former Big Ten superstar WR who was taken in the Top Ten by another team, and was considered a bust, was let go, and then his return ability propelled the Packers to a Super Bowl Title in 1997. That was former Redskin Desmond Howard.

He never became a decent WR, but his value as a returner was well worth the money.

I think Ginn would be WELL WORTH a 5th round pick, or later of course, for the anemic Packers special teams unit. Ted wouldn't have any pressure in Green Bay, and he could probably be a decent WR with Rodgers and this offense, in time. Anything there would be a bonus anyways.

What do you think GB12 and Umph?
Ginn could be had for a 5 or 6 right, considering what Holmes fetched? Hey, they were teammates at Ohio State.

Bibby10
04-13-2010, 10:57 PM
I saw that as well. I think this would be HUGE for the pack. We have lacked a solid return man for many many years, and with Ginn, it could give the team a spark on Special teams, and help put us on the track to a championship. All we need is a few more pieces and we are legit contenders for years to come. Teddy needs to make this happen

mqtirishfan
04-14-2010, 12:13 AM
I can't imagine his contract is anything pleasant for a Return Specialist with no real WR ability.

Mr.Regular
04-14-2010, 12:56 AM
I can't imagine his contract is anything pleasant for a Return Specialist with no real WR ability.
I agree. I doubt he has much value on the trade market.
Now, if he gets cut I could see a bunch of teams knocking on his door but as it is, Miami would have to let him go for real cheap.

Bibby10
04-14-2010, 02:09 AM
We arent looking for him as a reciever, we are looking for him as a threat on special teams. Kickoffs and punt returns, teams will be afraid to kick towards him. Look at Devin Hester a few years back, teams avoided him, and if he could get a type of weapon like that, it would help boost our team

umphrey
04-14-2010, 09:19 AM
My response to any and all possible trades or signings is wait until after the draft. I would add Ginn for a late pick because we shouldn't be using CBs are kick returners next year - we need the roster room for prospects and guys that can actually cover. But if we draft McCluster or someone similar then Ginn might not even be worth the roster spot. So just wait a week.

J-Mike88
04-14-2010, 10:19 AM
His contract is a non-issue. It never ceases to amaze me how concerned some fans get over a players contract, as if they have to pay it out of their pocket or as if we're always right up close to the cap. TT has left plenty of room under the cap, and there is no cap this year either and next year is a total ?

TED GINN JR
2010 - $1,035,833
2011 - $1,393,750
2012 - $1,801,667 (voidable year)

Look, there are reasons why WR's like Eagle Cris Carter, Redskin Desmond Howard, Viking Randy Moss, 49er Terrell Owens, Dolphin Cris Chambers, Steeler Plaxico Burress, Brown Braylon Edwards, Steeler Santonio Holmes, and Bronco Brandon Marshall were all let go. They all had talent, as does Ted Ginn.

But they all had issues, some problems beit lack of production or off-field issues. But they all helped the teams that acquired them (jury still out of course on the 2 former Buckeyes Holmes & Ginn... ironically, Cris Carter also a former Buckeye. What's up with that?)

Nobody who has watched Ginn in college or last year with the Dolphins can dispute his gamebreaking potential as a kick return specialist, and he has the ability to stretch a field as a deep threat WR. He's not old (25), and he's been durable as a Dolphin.
IMO, He's well worth a 5th round pick unless special teams means nothing.

J-Mike88
04-14-2010, 10:32 AM
TED GINN
the GOOD & the BAD

MyPtJF-IgPc

hpI1wElYoCs

ZYSxJgjjJFc

badgerbacker
04-14-2010, 12:57 PM
I still feel that Ginn has the best straightline, top-end speed that I have ever seen. You can see in that kickoff return video, people have great angles on him and then don't even come close. I'd definitely give up a 4th or 5th for him.

J-Mike88
04-14-2010, 07:18 PM
I still feel that Ginn has the best straightline, top-end speed that I have ever seen. You can see in that kickoff return video, people have great angles on him and then don't even come close. I'd definitely give up a 4th or 5th for him.
You can also see evidence of that with Revis in Ginn's dust on the 53-yard TD pass.

It's interesting to me that 3 of the greatest Buckeyes WR's in history have been given up on by their first NFL teams. (Cris Carter by the Eagles; Santonio Holmes by Pittsburgh, and now Ginn soon)

Whistler6
04-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Well look who it is:

https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12

TitleTown088
04-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Well look who it is:

https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12

Quinn Johnson just got it too.

J-Mike88
04-14-2010, 11:08 PM
NFL Schedule to be released next Tuesday night.
Our road games are going to be brutal. And they are all in the east. I wish we went to Miami and had NE or NYJ come to Lambeau. The Pats killed us the one time Brady played at Lambeau. Remember that one? Favre got hurt. Rodgers got his first action. We got shutout I think, and Rodgers finished the game with the broken foot.

Green Bay Packers
Home: NFC North, Dallas, New York Giants, Buffalo, Miami, San Francisco
Away: NFC North, Philadelphia, Washington, New England, New York Jets, Atlanta

Mr.Regular
04-14-2010, 11:20 PM
NFC East and AFC East? Ugh....Why couldn't we blessed with the NFC and AFC West?

johbur
04-15-2010, 04:34 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/DMN-Should-Pack-take-a-chance-on-Westbrook.html

Not sure if you guys saw this?

I'd like to see Westbrook brought in if his neck checks out. That guy was amazing in Phillie. He'd be a great counter-punch to Grant. Maybe he'd be able to mentor Jackson. Given that he's equal to most #2 or #3 WRs at the RB position, he'd be a solid fit for this offense as well. Seeing as how Grant would be in front of him, if he were in a more limited role like a 3rd down back, maybe he'd not get hurt either.

umphrey
04-15-2010, 04:13 PM
I love it when Dallas has to come to GB

The most important thing about our home/away schedule is getting the warm weather and dome teams at home especially later in the year

Dallas, Miami and San Fran all give us an advantage especially if we play them late in the year

umphrey
04-15-2010, 05:03 PM
I noticed that the consensus is that Aaron Rodgers is a top 5 QB (Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers in no order). Top 5 in 2 years is pretty special. I've been saying that in a couple years Rodgers and Rivers are going to be the class of the quarterbacks-head and shoulders above everyone else.

J-Mike88
04-16-2010, 12:57 PM
I love it when Dallas has to come to GB

The most important thing about our home/away schedule is getting the warm weather and dome teams at home especially later in the year

Dallas, Miami and San Fran all give us an advantage especially if we play them late in the year
I used to think that until I saw Jacksonville carve thru us in December up there a few years ago and then Houston and Carolina up there in December in 2008. In the cold weather, we made Matt Schuab look like a combo of Charles Shwabb and Joe Montana. On the Frozen Tundra. With Woodson and Harris both healthy.

Bibby10
04-16-2010, 08:17 PM
They only think with westbrook is his bill of health. Thompson does not like to bring guys in with bad healt issues (with the exception of Harrell) so I just dont see them bringing him in. Granted I would like to see him as a packer, but I just dont see it happening. Westbrook would be very helpful in the later part of the season and into the playoffs (granted we get there) so they would really limit his playing time early in the season to ensure that he is healthy.

Packystan
04-17-2010, 05:22 AM
When it comes to Brian Westbrook I still believe he can perform at an exceptional level, but his concussion issues have to be of big concern. So with that said, taking the draft route would be wiser, and going for the scat back/returner/slot receiver Dexter McCluster. I think he has the potential to be that 'do it all' guy for the team, filling a lot of needed areas whether it be on offense or special teams. He'd be a very intriguing weapon within the current offense and possibly provide another home run hitter out of the backfield. So personally if if he were available at 56, I'd take a real hard look at him.

J-Mike88
04-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Definitely it would be a longshot for TT to bring in Westbrook. The last 'name' FE that he did bring in was Woodson. We all know that's not TT's MO.

However, we didn't expect him to trade up into the 1st round last year, to select Matthews. So you never say never. If BW's head is cleared up, I'd love to see it. Westbrook singlehandedly beat the Vikings in the 2009 playoff game, in Minny, with his one explosive play. I want any Viking-Killer we can get, especially Favre-hunters.

RyanBraun8
04-17-2010, 11:03 AM
I think if the Packers are unable to draft McCluster (my number 1 choice at RB) Spiller, Best, or McKnight I think after the draft they should make a strong push at Westbrook. The fact is that he offers something that we don't have that could really make our already explosive offense more electric. The nice thing is he will not be called on to be an every down back but a 3rd down back so that should be able to keep his health a little bit better. Concussions scare me and if he gets one more I believe he may be done and if he isn't he will suffer later in life for it. Plus we should be able to get him at a reasonable price.

TitleTown088
04-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Definitely it would be a longshot for TT to bring in Westbrook.

Longshot? If the Packers don't get a RB early on in this draft I'd say its a very realistic scenario.

jackalope
04-17-2010, 04:02 PM
http://packers.com/fan_zone/contests/draft_day_challenge_2010/

Predict the draft's first 5 picks and Green Bay's first round pick and win stuff. Doesn't seem that hard.

johbur
04-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Longshot? If the Packers don't get a RB early on in this draft I'd say its a very realistic scenario.

TT not high on offensive outsiders, but Westbrook could be an exception. He'd be the right price, incentive laden contract, only 30 years old, would fit what the team is doing. I haven't heard any negatives on BW's legs, the question marks being neck/head. Were he to be the 3rd down back and also flex out to WR in whatever packages, he'd not be as much at risk as banging in between the tackles.

Woodson, Pickett and Chillar have been solid and Westbrook looks like he could be this type of FA for the Packers.

cvv84
04-17-2010, 06:18 PM
I really don't see a need for Westbrook. For one we typically give 1 guy the lions share of carries. Two, Brandon Jackson is becoming a pretty good 3rd down RB for us. And lastly, why spend the money on a guy who's 31 and has developed issues with concussions and has ankle/knee problems? We're better off drafting someone instead.

Jim Jim
04-17-2010, 06:28 PM
We don't need Westbrook. We need a running back that can carry the ball five-to-ten times a game that can be a threat to score every time he touches the ball. We already have a grinder in Grant and a pass-protector in Jackson.

Bibby10
04-17-2010, 07:18 PM
We do need a guy like Westbrook. Grant is really hit or miss when it comes to running the ball. One game he can be great, just hits is holes hard and makes people miss, then the next game, its looks like he has a big brick tied to his ankle and cant run or hit his holes. We do need someone that can be brought in to be his relief. We cant just really keep Jackson around because he is a good pass blocker. There is alot of good Rbs out there that can pass and run block as well as run the ball. So we NEED to bring in another back this year. Ahman is not coming back nor is Wynn, so that leaves us short handed

Mr.Regular
04-17-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm all for Westbrook, only if he comes cheap (which I'm sure he would since no one else seems interested) and if we come out of the draft with no other speed backs.
Let's hold off until after this weekend to make a decision.

Bibby10
04-17-2010, 07:49 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/378139-green-bay-packers-reportedly-pursue-brian-westbrook

This is a good little write up about him and the packers.

cvv84
04-17-2010, 08:31 PM
We do need a guy like Westbrook. Grant is really hit or miss when it comes to running the ball. One game he can be great, just hits is holes hard and makes people miss, then the next game, its looks like he has a big brick tied to his ankle and cant run or hit his holes. We do need someone that can be brought in to be his relief. We cant just really keep Jackson around because he is a good pass blocker. There is alot of good Rbs out there that can pass and run block as well as run the ball. So we NEED to bring in another back this year. Ahman is not coming back nor is Wynn, so that leaves us short handed

Uh, thats kind of how the zone blocking scheme works. If you want a consistant running game then the offensive line needs upgrades.

Whistler6
04-17-2010, 10:14 PM
According to ProFootballTalk, Ryan Grant has been training in MMA with Jay Glazer. It didn't help Matt Leinhart much, but if it keeps him in shape, heck yeah.

Here's a picture from Glazer's twitter:
http://tweetphoto.com/18853991

I didn't realize Glazer was hobbit-sized. Grants only 6'1'' right?

Bibby10
04-18-2010, 03:03 AM
CVV-

Yeah I understand that, but Grant needs to be more consistent. He does alot of tip toeing around behind the line before he decides what he wants to do and by the time he does, all the holes are blocked up, so he gets stuffed. There is many times during games that I have seen holes where if he would have hit it hard instead of just pretty much juking himself out in the backfield, he would have had a nice gain.If we had a top flight RB in our backfield, the sky would be the limit for us.

J-Mike88
04-18-2010, 05:09 AM
If we had a top flight RB in our backfield, the sky would be the limit for us.We scored 45 in the playoff game and lost right?
I don't think adding a RB would change things like that. But I get what you're saying about adding a threat as a 3rd down RB. The thing is, we might not get to 3rd down this year with this lethal offense. :cool:

cvv84
04-18-2010, 12:06 PM
CVV-

Yeah I understand that, but Grant needs to be more consistent. He does alot of tip toeing around behind the line before he decides what he wants to do and by the time he does, all the holes are blocked up, so he gets stuffed. There is many times during games that I have seen holes where if he would have hit it hard instead of just pretty much juking himself out in the backfield, he would have had a nice gain.If we had a top flight RB in our backfield, the sky would be the limit for us.

I hear what you're saying but Grant rushed for the 7th most yards in the NFL last season. While he may not be a complete RB I'd be pressed to argue with you that he isn't a 'top flight' RB. Like I said before, if you want more consistancy out of the run game then we need to get more power upfront.

cvv84
04-18-2010, 12:15 PM
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/cvv84/rodgers.jpg

Rodgers is back in Vegas (http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/18/green-bay-packers-aaron-rogers-lady-antebellum-hillary-scott-las-vegas-hard-rock-hotel-vanity-hook-up-couple-dating/), and this time he upped him game from a waitress to country singer Hillary Scott from Lady Antebellum.

princefielder28
04-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Not a bad catch for A-Rod and i'm a huge Lady A fan so this is awesome

TitleTown088
04-18-2010, 02:34 PM
yeah, he's been with her for awhile now I think. That would suck having people stalk you while you're trying to throw out some game.

Bibby10
04-18-2010, 03:13 PM
I hear what you're saying but Grant rushed for the 7th most yards in the NFL last season. While he may not be a complete RB I'd be pressed to argue with you that he isn't a 'top flight' RB. Like I said before, if you want more consistancy out of the run game then we need to get more power upfront.

I just think that if we had a better running game, then we would be unstoppable on offense. Our pass game is top 3 in the league IMO but our run game is subpar at best. If we had another threat in the backfield, someone who can complement Grant, then we will be in good shape

jackalope
04-18-2010, 03:34 PM
I just think that if we had a better running game, then we would be unstoppable on offense. Our pass game is top 3 in the league IMO but our run game is subpar at best. If we had another threat in the backfield, someone who can complement Grant, then we will be in good shape

The team was 11th in yards per rush and 14th in yards last season. That's pretty decent considering the offense should really be built around the passing game. We could have the best offense in the league with a solid line.

Bibby10
04-18-2010, 04:01 PM
The team was 11th in yards per rush and 14th in yards last season. That's pretty decent considering the offense should really be built around the passing game. We could have the best offense in the league with a solid line.

Yeah but how many 1 man running games do you see really succeed in the NFL these days? Very few if any. Any good running team nowadays needs someone who can be that 2nd change of pace back and we do not have that. We have Jackson, who is strong point is pass blocking, but other then that, he is average at best, and for a 2nd rd. draft pick, we need more out of him. Mark my words, the pack will draft a RB or pick a couple up before Training camp.

jackalope
04-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah but how many 1 man running games do you see really succeed in the NFL these days? Very few if any. Any good running team nowadays needs someone who can be that 2nd change of pace back and we do not have that. We have Jackson, who is strong point is pass blocking, but other then that, he is average at best, and for a 2nd rd. draft pick, we need more out of him. Mark my words, the pack will draft a RB or pick a couple up before Training camp.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't or won't add a guy (I think picking up a back around round 4 would be a good idea), but to call our running game "subpar at best" isn't accurate.

Bibby10
04-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm not saying that we shouldn't or won't add a guy (I think picking up a back around round 4 would be a good idea), but to call our running game "subpar at best" isn't accurate.

Ok I take it back that our running came is "subpar at best" but I just think we need someone else to help Grant out. He is really spotty at times but at times he shines. We need someone that can come in and get 7-10 carries and make the most out of those carries, not give Grant 25 carries and expect him to do it all.

cvv84
04-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Mark my words, the pack will draft a RB or pick a couple up before Training camp.

Not really a bold prediction since I think the majority of Packers fans already felt that we'd draft a speed guy. Grant is still going to get the majority of the carries though. The run game isn't as bad as you're thinking. Many teams would kill to have a RB like Grant starting on their team.

GB12
04-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Mark my words, the pack will draft a RB or pick a couple up before Training camp.

You could guarantee we'll do that for every position. With expanded preseason rosters we'll pick up a lot of players before training camp.

Bibby10
04-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Not really a bold prediction since I think the majority of Packers fans already felt that we'd draft a speed guy. .

And thats what im saying, we need someone (like a Westbrook) to help him out. Thats why I think we need to get a RB to help him out

cvv84
04-18-2010, 07:11 PM
And thats what im saying, we need someone (like a Westbrook) to help him out. Thats why I think we need to get a RB to help him out

And as I said, yet again, in the part of my quote that you left out is that Grant will still get the majority of the carries. The Packers haven't used a 2 RB system in over a decade. The offensive line needs the work, not the run game.

Bibby10
04-19-2010, 12:34 PM
I think if we did change to a 2 RB system, we would be more successful then just the solo RB. I agree our line does need work, and it does start up front in the trenches, but I just think a RB who got about 5-10 carries would be really beneficial to us

GB12
04-20-2010, 12:40 AM
So I googled Ryan Pickett and this picture came up. I thought it was awesome.

http://volumeone.org/assets/images/articles/4/634/header/custom/634_441b28a9d5e0adf7aa64e938872709799b398c17.jpg

J-Mike88
04-20-2010, 09:46 AM
So I googled Ryan Pickett and this picture came up. I thought it was awesome.

http://volumeone.org/assets/images/articles/4/634/header/custom/634_441b28a9d5e0adf7aa64e938872709799b398c17.jpg
Sweet!
Relentless! BIG GREASE

Bibby10
04-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Haha, that is some goood stuff

J-Mike88
04-20-2010, 02:38 PM
The Jets have just added OLB Jason Taylor to their club.
Recapping, they have added:

CB Antonio Cromartie
WR Santonio Holmes
RB LaDanian Tomlinson
OLB Jason Taylor

And they still get to draft, starting Thursday night with their 1st round pick.
They have filled 3 big holes, and still get to draft, which means they have a lot more draft flexibility. Is that how free agency is designed to work? LOL

Who next for them to sign? Marvin Harrison out of prison?

princefielder28
04-20-2010, 03:18 PM
The Jets are an aggressive team, and in an uncapped year they do have the advantage of being in the biggest media market and have the new revenues from the stadium they're moving into. The Packers don't have the luxury of throwing money at everyone.

J-Mike88
04-20-2010, 03:58 PM
The Jets are an aggressive team, and in an uncapped year they do have the advantage of being in the biggest media market and have the new revenues from the stadium they're moving into. The Packers don't have the luxury of throwing money at everyone.
^^^ REMINDS me of why I hate the YANKEES !
ANd Red Sahx

Whistler6
04-20-2010, 04:30 PM
2 years/$13 million for Jason Taylor. Meh, good luck with that. I'd be lying though if I wasn't envious of Jets fans right now. Their offseason has been one of the more exciting I can remember is quite a while. That said, all 4 of those "big-names" could flop.

J-Mike88
04-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Packers vs Bills -sept 19

J-Mike88
04-20-2010, 05:16 PM
2 years/$13 million for Jason Taylor. Meh, good luck with that. I'd be lying though if I wasn't envious of Jets fans right now. Their offseason has been one of the more exciting I can remember is quite a while. That said, all 4 of those "big-names" could flop.
But the 1st year is not that much and probably is all he'll see.
I think the 1st year is around 4 mil

J-Mike88
04-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Packers get 4 prime-time games, including home vs. Vikings
The Packers will get plenty of national exposure this season.

According to an NFL source, they will play three times on NBC's Sunday Night Football, the first of which will be Oct. 24 against the Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field. The other two Sunday night games weren't known.

That means the Packers will have four prime-time games, including the early-season ESPN Monday Night Football game at Chicago.

That's in addition to what could be several Sunday afternoon games shown to most of the country such as the season opener at Philly, which is a 3:15 p.m. game.

HEY, I like opening up at Philly.
That will be the first start for Kolb. Let's hope the bastard Eagles fans are booing the hell out of him and Andy Reid by the 2nd quarter.
Also, what if we have Brian Westbrook in a Packer uniform returning to Philly? There were leaks about us looking at him. Who knows.

cvv84
04-20-2010, 05:27 PM
The Jets aslo a team in desperation to get better, especially with a new stadium opening this year. Instead of building from within and spending to keep their own guys who fit their system they go out and spend. Sometimes it works but the majority of the time it doesn't.

Taylor/Tomlinson are nearing the end of their careers.
Cromartie is a huge liability in coverage and tackling.
Santonio Holmes is likely facing a suspension so they aren't getting a full 16 games out of him.

I'm content in developing and keeping our own guys that we know fit our system.

J-Mike88
04-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Sun., Sept. 12 @ Philadelphia Eagles 3:15 p.m. FOX
Sun., Sept. 19 Buffalo Bills 12:00 p.m. CBS
Mon., Sept. 27 @ Chicago Bears 7:30 p.m. ESPN
Sun., Oct. 3 Detroit Lions (Gold Pkg.) 12:00 p.m. FOX
Sun., Oct. 10 @ Washington Redskins 12:00 p.m. FOX
Sun., Oct. 17 Miami Dolphins 12:00 p.m. CBS
1 Sun., Oct. 24 Minnesota Vikings 7:20 p.m. NBC
2 Sun., Oct. 31 @ New York Jets 12:00 p.m. FOX
3 Sun., Nov. 7 Dallas Cowboys (Gold Pkg.) 7:20 p.m. NBC
Sun., Nov. 14 Open Date
4 Sun., Nov. 21 @ Minnesota Vikings *12:00 p.m. FOX
5 Sun., Nov. 28 @ Atlanta Falcons *12:00 p.m. FOX
Sun., Dec. 5 San Francisco 49ers *12:00 p.m. FOX
Sun., Dec. 12 @ Detroit Lions *12:00 p.m. FOX
Sun., Dec. 19 @ New England Patriots *7:20 p.m. NBC
Sun., Dec. 26 New York Giants *3:15 p.m. FOX
Sun., Jan. 2 Chicago Bears *12:00 p.m. FOX

That is a hell of a 5-game stretch in Oct-Nov there.

jackalope
04-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Good bye-week placement. Right around the middle of the season and gives us an extra week to prepare for Minnesota.

RockJock07
04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Good bye-week placement. Right around the middle of the season and gives us an extra week to prepare for Minnesota.

Agreed, I really like having that bye going into the Minnesota game. back to back dome games though vs Minn and Atl.

Pretty fair schedule in my mind, really like ending the season with 2 road games. If everything goes to plan that would mean the Pack wouldn't have to play a road game from before Christmas to the Super Bowl. Nice advantage if it works out like that.

J-Mike88
04-20-2010, 08:44 PM
If everything goes to plan that would mean the Pack wouldn't have to play a road game from before Christmas to the Super Bowl. Nice advantage if it works out like that.
I like the sound of that plan RJ07 !

Yes, let's hope the bye week will help Capers finally figure out a way to get to and beat Farve. I want to beat that M%#@!!!%^!~!R more than anything.

RyanBraun8
04-20-2010, 08:58 PM
I like the sound of that plan RJ07 !

Yes, let's hope the bye week will help Capers finally figure out a way to get to and beat Farve. I want to beat that M%#@!!!%^!~!R more than anything.

I think the best thing to do is send more than 5 blitzs at him in a game. But who knows he used the same strategy twice vs. them last year and got burned and then he planned a great defense, lite up the Cards, gave them a week to study and ran it again so....with his predictablity I would guess we will let Brett sit in the Pocket all day and and let him pick us apart.

I really think Brett is going to retire now....You'd think becoming a grandpa is a sign that is time to hang it up, wouldn't you? haha

GB12
04-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Vikings have their bye in week 4, so we'll be fresh and they might already be dragging a bit.

J-Mike88
04-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Vikings utilize free agency, bring in veteran CB Lito Sheppard to add depth and experience to the D-Backfield. Do they still get to draft this week too?

Jets, Vikings.... I guess a lot of desperate teams here bringing guys to add depth and talent to their roster outside of the draft. Even New England brought in an old WR Torry Holt. When will these teams learn. The Saints drafted Reggie Bush, they didn't sign him. That's how you get to and win Super Bowls. Not adding other teams castaways. They are castaways for a reason.

cvv84
04-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Vikings utilize free agency, bring in veteran CB Lito Sheppard to add depth and experience to the D-Backfield. Do they still get to draft this week too?

Jets, Vikings.... I guess a lot of desperate teams here bringing guys to add depth and talent to their roster outside of the draft. Even New England brought in an old WR Torry Holt. When will these teams learn. The Saints drafted Reggie Bush, they didn't sign him. That's how you get to and win Super Bowls. Not adding other teams castaways. They are castaways for a reason.

Coming from the guy who had a boner over Cromartie, Merriman, and Peppers I'm going to take this with a grain of salt. You are a walking/talking contradiction.

J-Mike88
04-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Wow, you're learning 'sarcasm' now too this year in HS? Very impressive.

Here's Bedard's chat going on, what he said about his dispute with Jason Taylor.

Greg A. Bedard - Pretty long because it's in two parts, but basically it comes down to this: Jason Taylor tries to control his wife (Zach Thomas' sister, Katina) and while they were going through some marital turmoil (she filed for divorce twice), he didn't like that she exhibited her own free will in doing an interview with me (about Zach, not Jason). He found out, freaked. Didn't matter that all I did was email her to make sure her parents were calling me (I was up against deadline). She called ME (not the other way around) to say that they were calling in a few minutes and that if I had any questions I could ask her until they called. Katina said it was fine by Jason. So I asked. Jason doesn't care about facts, he just wants things his way and won't budge unless it happens. He's a bully basically and is used to people giving in and doing hid bidding. I don't do that. I have no love for the guy, so when I tell you he would have something to give to the Packers, I'm being very honest. I'm sure if he did come up here, we still wouldn't talk. No sweat off my back. Watch him this year with the Jets. Out of all the moves they made, that will be the biggest one IMO.

cvv84
04-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Wow, you're learning 'sarcasm' now too this year in HS? Very impressive.

I guess what you call sarcasm the rest of us call stupidity.

J-Mike88
04-21-2010, 09:36 PM
I guess what you call sarcasm the rest of us call stupidity.
Don't group the rest of them with you, they don't deserve that.
In fact, you are the only one who every single time I say anything not positive, you reply with the little popularity rep deduction! That's hilariously childish.

These other guys may disagree with things, but most of them them act like men, not girls and they can carry on debates without the little pop points.
So don't insult them and put you in their category.