PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

J-Mike88
05-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Adrian Peterson or Aaron Rodgers?
(I like how the greybeard is not mentioned)

Good article: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/12540/have-at-it-pondering-2010-poy-candidates

Whistler6
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Clay Matthews speaks!

Clay Matthews wasn’t surprised by the question, and he wasn’t afraid of answering it, either.

Have you ever taken steroids?

I’ve never taken steroids,” Matthews said following the Packers’ second organized team activity practice of the offseason – and first to be open to the media. “I would never even touch a banned substance. I’ve never done drugs, never in my life.

“As you can see from my family, I think our history speaks for itself. We’ve got some talented people in my family in regards to football, and we do it the right way. I take that very serious, when people throw accusations my way, because I feel like I’ve done nothing but hard work. I’ve done everything I needed to do to put myself in this position. And if people want to try to bring me down, that’s fine. But I’m going to keep being myself.”

Here's the rest of Jason Wilde's article. Excellent stuff.
http://espnmilwaukee.com/includes/news_items/40/news_items_more.php?id=3542&section_id=40

SuperMcGee
05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
I just wanted you guys to know how I awesome I think your team is for drafting both Bryan Bulaga and James Starks.

Already having Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Finley, and Woodson - I think it's needless to say that the Packers are way cool.

umphrey
05-21-2010, 12:32 PM
BIG News about Jolly

Link (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/94590334.html)

Jolly is on his way out of the league and/or off the Packers

He posted flyers about a party he was hosting showing him flashing signs with drinks in his hands. As per his bond agreement he can't have alcohol. Though this isn't conclusive evidence, I could cite court cases of underage drinking tickets being upheld based on photographic evidence of them holding red cups at a party.

Jolly must submit a hair follicle to be tested for drugs and alcohol by a lab within the next seven days.
Hair follicle tests go back a long time and they are as close to infallible as you can get. He's screwed. Expect a positive for marijuana at the minimum.
He is now subject to a 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew
Based on his personality and lifestyle, he's going to violate this, it's just a question of whether a cop checks his ID at some point.
Jolly was ordered not to attend any place that has drugs or alcohol
See above.
He must go to an evaluation center to determine whether he has issues with drugs for alcohol, and then abide by any recommendations for treatment
This one is just a formality; no problem here unless he gets a real d*** of a counselor that wants to check in on him often and at random times.

He is facing 2-20 years if convicted of the original charge. It's going to be very hard for him to win a not guilty plee and get less than 2 years in jail. Regardless, he has to deal with Goodell and a suspension, between 4 games and a season I would assume.

That Mike Neal pick looks so much better today. What I thought was mostly a non issue with Jolly a couple days ago is turning into a major catastrophe.

tjsunstein
05-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Thompson looks a little smarter for drafting Neal in the 2nd like you mentioned. This is real a shame for Jolly because he was a great player for us last year. He's always had character issues but if he could stay out of trouble and stay healthy, well, we saw what he can do.

Hawk
05-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Maybe Cletidus Hunt will come back and play for us hahah

Whistler6
05-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Aaron Rodgers is absolutely hilarious. Check out some of his latest Twitter posts. If nothing else, things like this make the offseason more fun. The last one brought tears to my eyes.

To Clay Matthews: Clawledge is when clay rides around town in his lifted minivan with his shirt off n tribal tats showing, lookin 4 cougars

To Nick Barnett: Uve changed. I want my old friend back. U got a bunch of new tattoos n changed on me.

To Johnny Quinn (a friend?): I hear uve been doing the shake weight lately

To Will Blackmon: ur so heyy right now snazz

***To Packer fans***
Thanks for my 14k followers. Especially the packer fans, u all have my heart. Hope many of u get a chance to see us at lambeau this year.

PackerLegend
05-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Damn I wish Jolly wasnt so stupid... we have seen what he can do and he was a pretty good player for us.

tjsunstein
05-21-2010, 07:05 PM
I was reading some of the stuff that Rodgers and fellow packers say to each other via twitter. Blackmon responded with something along the lines of, no, that new qb harrell is snazz with the moses beard, referring to Graham Harrell of course.

TitleTown088
05-21-2010, 08:03 PM
I hear Brad Jones weighed in at 251 for OTAs. Dang, that's almost 20 lbs.

cvv84
05-22-2010, 11:43 AM
This (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/94606919.html) is why I wanted the Packers to just build a new stadium instead of the renovations. 72k seat stadium and 80k+ on the season ticket waiting list. The renovation was the fix for those who didn't want to pay for a new stadium, of which now thats its paid for the tax is still in place, all the while short changing the amount of seating that could've generated much greater revenues. No too mention that the Packers have been buying up properties around the stadium in preperation for another expansion, either stadium or parking, which also could've been prevented via a new stadium site.

I hear Brad Jones weighed in at 251 for OTAs. Dang, that's almost 20 lbs.

Awesome, I was checking around for updated on him because I knew he was trying to bulk up over the offseason. Hopefully he doesn't lose much speed and he gained good weight.

princefielder28
05-22-2010, 12:51 PM
This (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/94606919.html) is why I wanted the Packers to just build a new stadium instead of the renovations. 72k seat stadium and 80k+ on the season ticket waiting list. The renovation was the fix for those who didn't want to pay for a new stadium, of which now thats its paid for the tax is still in place, all the while short changing the amount of seating that could've generated much greater revenues. No too mention that the Packers have been buying up properties around the stadium in preperation for another expansion, either stadium or parking, which also could've been prevented via a new stadium site.

Renovation was the right choice then and it still is now, and there's so many factors that go into the Packers choosing that route over building a new stadium; the biggest factor being money. I've been to a handful of share holders meetings and while the Packers are doing well financially the idea of building a new stadium was and is completely out of the question bc they simply can't afford to do so. Improving the area in and around the stadium is the smart choice and they're doing a great job with that so far.

Plus, hypothetically speaking, say the Packers looked into building a new stadium, where could they put it that would make more sense than where they have it now?

cvv84
05-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Renovation was the right choice then and it still is now, and there's so many factors that go into the Packers choosing that route over building a new stadium; the biggest factor being money. I've been to a handful of share holders meetings and while the Packers are doing well financially the idea of building a new stadium was and is completely out of the question bc they simply can't afford to do so. Improving the area in and around the stadium is the smart choice and they're doing a great job with that so far.

Plus, hypothetically speaking, say the Packers looked into building a new stadium, where could they put it that would make more sense than where they have it now?

The Packers didn't choose the option, the Brown county voters did. They choose a lesser tax increase which has stayed in place even though the new renovations have been paid for.

Point being there isn't enough area around the stadium to develop without tearing down houses. Which is why the past proposed site, which was either by the airport or near Howard would have made much more sense and allowed for future growth without tearing into residental neighborhoods.

princefielder28
05-22-2010, 01:36 PM
The Packers didn't choose the option, the Brown county voters did. They choose a lesser tax increase which has stayed in place even though the new renovations have been paid for.

Point being there isn't enough area around the stadium to develop without tearing down houses. Which is why the past proposed site, which was either by the airport or near Howard would have made much more sense and allowed for future growth without tearing into residental neighborhoods.

Where they are now is the most sensible spot in the area. They have had to remove a few things but the businesses and establishments that are an important part of the area and have stood the test of time are still standing and will remain standing. Building it in Howard or around the airport would be so dumb and the voters recognize that. The corner of Lombardi and Oneida (or Ridge) is the best spot for it and the area around it has committed to Lambeau being there so for Green Bay's ecnomics it will stay there.

PackerLegend
05-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Why would we want to get rid of historic Lambeau field?

TitleTown088
05-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah, that dosne't make sense to me.

cvv84
05-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Where they are now is the most sensible spot in the area. They have had to remove a few things but the businesses and establishments that are an important part of the area and have stood the test of time are still standing and will remain standing. Building it in Howard or around the airport would be so dumb and the voters recognize that. The corner of Lombardi and Oneida (or Ridge) is the best spot for it and the area around it has committed to Lambeau being there so for Green Bay's ecnomics it will stay there.

I'm not talking about moving it now, it was back during the original referendum. The only county paying for the stadium was Brown county which is why they chose the cheapest option. If it was a statewide tax the Packers would've been playing in a new stadium.

Have you ever been to Lambeau Field? Yes all the history is nice but in terms of revenue they could've built a 100k+ stadium and filled it each Sunday.

J-Mike88
05-22-2010, 10:14 PM
You can't move Lambeau Field. Everyone loves it. Opposing players even love it. And the location is perfect, and everything around it was pretty much built because of it, even 20 years ago.

The only regret I have is I wish they could have schematically found a way to add 30K seats and have the NFL's only 100K stadium.

They'd all be sold instantly to happy waiting list people. Can you imagine 100,000+ fans in there every game? Could the area traffic have handled that much more?

tjsunstein
05-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Build a new one right next to the current one. The Packers could sell out for the next 50 years even with a 100k stadium. I don't see why they wouldn't. Keep the name, obviously, just like Yankee Stadium. It's time to take advantage of the opportunity.

PackerLegend
05-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Have you ever been to Lambeau Field? Yes all the history is nice but in terms of revenue they could've built a 100k+ stadium and filled it each Sunday.

Yes I have been to Lambeau twice. Of course it would be great to have a 100k+ to earn more revenue but its one of if not the most historic stadiums in the NFL. I cant see getting rid of it in favor of a new stadium. We aren't talking about our neighbors and the Metrodome here.

princefielder28
05-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Build a new one right next to the current one. The Packers could sell out for the next 50 years even with a 100k stadium. I don't see why they wouldn't. Keep the name, obviously, just like Yankee Stadium. It's time to take advantage of the opportunity.

Never going to happen! And where are they going to build a new one? In the K-Mart parking lot?

GB12
05-22-2010, 10:40 PM
If building a new stadium was ever a possibility, which I don't think it was, it certainly isn't now after the renovations. With nearly $300 million invested into the renovations there's no way that can just be scrapped to build a new stadium.

PackerLegend
05-23-2010, 01:20 AM
Honestly im a bit worried about our cornerbacks. The game that mattered the most they got torched. We didnt really add anyone to that position (or dump that special someone #24 yet) so is there anything to know that could make me feel better? Tramon hasn't signed his RFA tender either yet as far as I know.

J-Mike88
05-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Reports are that Pat Lee is looking pretty confident and healthy.
Now I've never seen that with my own eyes, and he's a guy who has been hurt all the time, so it's hard to count on him.

But apparently he is good enough to have a chance this season to surpass Tramon W.

I reckon that TT assumed that Pat Lee would be better than any CB he could have taken, from Kyle Wilson on down, and more ready with 2 years of NFL experience under his belt (well not playing experience though).

They also are counting on Underwood stepping up.

Now I like the thought of them becoming good, but these were the same false expectations/dreams they had with Barbre and Giaconimi, and the punting situation, so we need to see it to believe it, IMO.

cvv84
05-23-2010, 10:18 AM
If building a new stadium was ever a possibility, which I don't think it was, it certainly isn't now after the renovations. With nearly $300 million invested into the renovations there's no way that can just be scrapped to build a new stadium.

Yeah, I was pretty much talking about how we should have built a new stadium back years ago when we had that option. Seems like a few posters took that as thinking I meant built a new stadium today, which as you said is unrealistic. I was just making the point that we're yet again talking expansion to the renovated stadium whereas we could've solved a growing problem years ago with a new stadium.

cvv84
05-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Honestly im a bit worried about our cornerbacks. The game that mattered the most they got torched. We didnt really add anyone to that position (or dump that special someone #24 yet) so is there anything to know that could make me feel better? Tramon hasn't signed his RFA tender either yet as far as I know.

It is a big question mark and we really lost depth since Blackmon shifted to safety. Trammon never really stepped up last year and looks, at this point, to be a much better nickleback then starter. We really need Underwood to step up quite badly. I also don't really care about OTA reports about Pat Lee either. Until he proves he can stay healthy and perform I'll take it with a grain of salt.

J-Mike88
05-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Good news for once from the Supreme Court.

Now your authentic Packers jersey might come down in price, but still won't come down to the point of sites like jerseys101 and those types.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/24/nfl.lawsuit/index.html?hpt=T2

Justices rule against NFL over apparel licensing

But in 2001, the league entered into an exclusive 10-year contract with Reebok to manufacture hats, jackets and other clothing featuring team logos. American Needle is no longer able to negotiate with individual teams.

Some fans have complained that the prices on such gear have skyrocketed in the absence of competition from other apparel makers. A Baltimore Ravens "replica jersey" with the name of star quarterback Joe Flacco, for example, now is listed for $108 on the team's Web site.

Nager said the result of the Reebok deal was that the league's 32 teams "put all of their intellectual property under the control of a single licensee, Reebok, and prices [went] up by 150 percent."

J-Mike88
05-24-2010, 09:50 PM
And this. You guys may have seen it already, as it's a year outdated. But it's still a nice defense of Rodgers, which I like of course. I still want to see him start pulling out some late game wins like our last guy seemed to quite often (in regular season games) and like Roethlisberger seems to do a lot.
But I actually prefer blowout Packer wins!

zpC3IvQdrLY

princefielder28
05-25-2010, 05:06 PM
so, New York/New Jersey just got the 2014 Super Bowl and this opens the door to future possibilities of outdoor stadiums to host the big game...is there ever a realistic shot that Green Bay could host the Super Bowl?

bearsfan_51
05-25-2010, 05:13 PM
so, New York/New Jersey just got the 2014 Super Bowl and this opens the door to future possibilities of outdoor stadiums to host the big game...is there ever a realistic shot that Green Bay could host the Super Bowl?
People complained about there being nothing to do when the Superbowl was in Jacksonville, can you imagine how they would feel about Green Bay?

drowe
05-25-2010, 05:17 PM

no. cold weather is the smallest obstacle Green Bay would face in getting the Super Bowl. The size of the city and lack of accomadations would kill it. Pretty sure the rich snobs that go to Super Bowls would turn their nose up at bleachers too.

Whistler6
05-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah there's just no chance. They award a city the Superbowl, not a stadium. Lambeau has an epic history and it's a great venue to experience, but in no way could Green Bay support the event that is the Superbowl. What would they advertise? The Red Lobster down the road and Brett Favre Steakhouse?

Still, how cool would it be if Green Bay hosted the the Superbowl during the upcoming 50 year anniversary of the Ice Bowl? No chance, but fun to dream. Maybe if they expanded (or rebuilt) the stadium by about 20,000 seats...

GB12
05-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Still, how cool would it be if Green Bay hosted the the Superbowl during the upcoming 50 year anniversary of the Ice Bowl? No chance, but fun to dream. Maybe if they expanded (or rebuilt) the stadium by about 20,000 seats...

That has nothing to do with it. Lambeau Field has thousands of more seats than Lucas Oil Stadium and just 40 fewer seats than the Superdome,

Whistler6
05-25-2010, 09:33 PM
That has nothing to do with it. Lambeau Field has thousands of more seats than Lucas Oil Stadium and just 40 fewer seats than the Superdome,

Yeah I know, that's why I said "it's fun to dream" to think Green Bay would ever get the Superbowl. I said that, because Idianapolis was rewarded 2011 in part because of their shiny new Lucas Oil Stadium.

If you read the 1st paragraph though, it's 99% about the city.

Yeah there's just no chance. They award a city the Superbowl, not a stadium. Lambeau has an epic history and it's a great venue to experience, but in no way could Green Bay support the event that is the Superbowl. What would they advertise? The Red Lobster down the road and Brett Favre Steakhouse?

J-Mike88
05-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Can we force BJ Raji, Johnny Jolly, Mike Neal, and CJ Wilson to watch this, and this guy, over and over and over, in their sleep?
This guy took a few years off Farve's life I think. Now I'm glad LOL

http://www.hulu.com/collections/434/137375

umphrey
05-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Some rare OTA video (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/94934464.html)

Watch it now, because I'm pretty sure they pull the video after 24 hours.

Bulaga looks good. Sitton is a beast. Newhouse is more raw than I thought. Pat Lee and Justin Harrell both look healthy (for now).

I think a roster spot is going to come down to Sam Shields or Will Blackmon. Can't decide who I'd want. Neither offer much as a corner, but Shields has blazing speed and would probably be as good or probably better at returning kicks with huge upside. TBH I wish we had put ourselves in a position where our 5th or 6th (if we kept 6) wide receiver was a return man, then hope Shields sticks on the practice squad, cut Blackmon, and pick up a cover corner. That's why I wanted the Ted Ginn trade.

GB12
05-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Ginn is only a kick returner. He can't return punts. We'd have to keep an extra player as a punt returner or throw Trammon or someone back there. I don't see the point in that. Not to mention that Ginn isn't that good of a receiver. I want no part of Ted Ginn. I'd definitely keep Blackmon over him.

umphrey
05-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Thoughts on Sam Shields? Would he last on the practice squad? Realistically, what does Blackmon bring to the table that he doesn't?

They are both high potential/low production guys who are returners first and cornerbacks second. I'll take the young kid with more potential and less experience mostly because Blackmon isn't going anywhere as a CB anyway and I'm sick of seeing him on IR.

Zycho32
05-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Sam Shields has return capability? Can somebody point out his production in college as a KR if he was ever used in the capacity?

I mean, I've been going into this thinking he was primarily gonna be a gunner- maybe a beautiful replacement for #24.

TitleTown088
05-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Sam Shields has return capability? Can somebody point out his production in college as a KR if he was ever used in the capacity?

I mean, I've been going into this thinking he was primarily gonna be a gunner- maybe a beautiful replacement for #24.

4q9zZAsTeic

J-Mike88
05-26-2010, 11:51 PM
I think that was Sam Shields only kick return, and it was a trick, gadget play.
Obviously the speed is there, but you can't judge much from that kind of play.

Darrelle Revis would argue that Ted Ginn is not a decent receiver.
He ran right past Revis Island, and did something Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson couldn't do last year.... and this is from Chad Henne, not Manning or Brady.
MyPtJF-IgPc&feature=related

Again, this is just one play. But it's a big play, and shows his big play ability, even as a WR.
But it's as a KR you worry about him, not as a WR.

tenorx
05-27-2010, 05:14 AM
Hey guys, how is Morgan Burnett doing? I can't find much info about his OTA performance.

cvv84
05-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Hey guys, how is Morgan Burnett doing? I can't find much info about his OTA performance.

There really hasn't been alot of info coming out of the OTA's from what I've seen but I do know that with Bigby out Burnett was running along side Nick Collins.

the dude
05-28-2010, 05:18 AM
I think that was Sam Shields only kick return, and it was a trick, gadget play.
Obviously the speed is there, but you can't judge much from that kind of play.

Darrelle Revis would argue that Ted Ginn is not a decent receiver.
He ran right past Revis Island, and did something Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson couldn't do last year.... and this is from Chad Henne, not Manning or Brady.
MyPtJF-IgPc&feature=related

Again, this is just one play. But it's a big play, and shows his big play ability, even as a WR.
But it's as a KR you worry about him, not as a WR.

but then again

ZYSxJgjjJFc

he might make an eye popping play every once in a while, but he's not a guy that can be a week in week out contributor

neko4
05-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Good news for once from the Supreme Court.

Now your authentic Packers jersey might come down in price, but still won't come down to the point of sites like jerseys101 and those types.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/24/nfl.lawsuit/index.html?hpt=T2

I doubt you guys want to get into it, but this raises a lot of interesting questions about the sovreignty, I guess you could say, of NFL teams within the NFL. What rights do the individual teams have and what rights are left up to the league?

jackalope
05-28-2010, 09:33 PM
http://packers.com/news/stories/2010/05/19/1/

Doesn't really give specifics on his play, but here's an article about him.

J-Mike88
05-29-2010, 08:01 AM
but then again

ZYSxJgjjJFc

he might make an eye popping play every once in a while, but he's not a guy that can be a week in week out contributor

Correct. Obviously he has had his problems, including the butterfingers issue.
But he was drafted #9 overall and the Phin fans hated him right off the bat because they wanted Brady Quinn. So he had a lot of pressure on him which as we have learned in the past can often hinder a player's development. Plus with Ginn, many have said he should have stayed as a CB as he was entering Ohio State.

Anyway, he fared better as a WR than Desmond Howard did, another former top 10 WR pick out of the Big Ten, but it is the occasional big special team return that justified giving the player a 2nd chance, for a very cheap price tag relative to the ability.

cvv84
05-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Ted Ginn Jr? I mean really, Ted Ginn Jr? This is your latest fire? I think we much more pressing needs than a reserve WR/kick retuner.

With Jennings, Finley, Driver, Jones, and Nelson there isn't enough targets to go around. People are also quickly to forget how good of a return man Blackmon has been for us as well. Yes he may lose some speed/agility coming off a torn ACL but did the Saints have a good return man? How about the Steelers? Giants? Colts? A good return man is a luxuary and should really be the last of our worries.

J-Mike88
05-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Ted Ginn Jr? I mean really, Ted Ginn Jr? This is your latest fire? I think we much more pressing needs than a reserve WR/kick retuner.

With Jennings, Finley, Driver, Jones, and Nelson there isn't enough targets to go around. People are also quickly to forget how good of a return man Blackmon has been for us as well. Yes he may lose some speed/agility coming off a torn ACL but did the Saints have a good return man? How about the Steelers? Giants? Colts? A good return man is a luxuary and should really be the last of our worries.
Desmond Howard was a luxury too. Don Beebe was the deep threat added by Wolf, but Howard only helped us as a returner.

How ironic that the Green Bay Press Gazette's only story this weekend is on this one position of kick returning: http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20100529/PKR07/100529026/Mike-Vandermause-column-Kick-return-scoring-slump-nears-a-decade
The Green Bay Packers haven’t returned a kickoff for a touchdown in almost a decade. Since Allen Rossum’s 92-yard runback for a score at Lambeau Field on Nov. 19, 2000, helped beat the Indianapolis Colts, 26-24, the Packers’ kickoff return game has gone dark.

We’re talking about 48 different return men over a span of 159 games combining to run back 632 kickoffs, and not once could they take one back for a touchdown.

And on Will Blackmon:
#1- He's never been a better than average kick returner. Punt returner? Sure. Not kick returns. If you don't think kick returns are important enough to try and upgrade, go back and watch the Tampa Bay last kick return against us last year afte we went up by 2 scores to seemingly ice that game.

#2- Blackmon will lose agility and explosion first year back from an ACL. Everyone does. But he also will have a little fear/block in the back of his mind, and I don't think that blends well with a punt returners mental state.

Sam Shields, however, might be a guy who sparks both units. If he can catch the ball.

J-Mike88
05-29-2010, 06:16 PM
210-pound rag doll.
A projectile.

cBIvU4z0GQ8

I want to see Raji or Jenkins or Harrell or Neal throw Shiancoe into Favray like this, but roll his ankle !

Whistler6
05-29-2010, 10:52 PM
My favorite Reggie White moment, aside from his 3-sack Superbowl obviously, was when he wrestled Steve McMichael at WCW's Slamboree.

Back then I still thought it was completely real, and seeing Reggie on the mat was epic and lifechanging to this 9 year old. When McMichael swore at him, Reggie flipped. God I miss the "Minister of Defense."

neko4
05-30-2010, 12:31 PM
210-pound rag doll.
A projectile.

cBIvU4z0GQ8

I want to see Raji or Jenkins or Harrell or Neal throw Shiancoe into Favray like this, but roll his ankle !
Thats an incredible feet of strength. He made that dude his *****.

Whistler6
05-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Couple days late, but Happy Birthday Nick Barnett! Looks like he celebrated appropriately, Bunnies and all.

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&assetType=image&p=nick%20barnett

J-Mike88
05-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Who here knows all the dates of the rest of our OTA's and Training Camp and Family Night and all that?
I can't wait. I'm ready. Like yesterday.

Aaron Rodgers should be the MVP if he plays just as well as last year, no better. Our pass defense will be better, and so will our pass protection. If all that happens as planned, we're 12-4 at worst and in the NFC Title game at worst, and Arod is named MVP and finally will get his credit nationwide that he deserves! I mean look at his first 2 seasons as a starter and compare that to anyone else in history.

Kurt Warner and Rodgers I bet have the best first 2 years starting. Ever, passer-rating wise.

http://tinyurl.com/2cdctz2

cvv84
05-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Who here knows all the dates of the rest of our OTA's and Training Camp and Family Night and all that?

OTA's start up again June 2nd. There's a full squad minicamp June 21-23. Training camp begins July 31st. Family night is TBA.

Whistler6
05-30-2010, 11:35 PM

I agree with everything, but this. We saw how guys like Dante Hall, Devin Hester and even Percy Harvin have changed games in an instant. Can't forget the Superbowl MVP Desmond Howard.

Yes it's a luxury, but it's a luxury Green Bay hasn't had for a long time. Can you imagine if they were able to start a drive at the 40 rather than the 20? Maybe it's far down the list of needs, but I definitely think they should be trying, and trying hard to find someone to ignite their imcompetent special teams.

Thankfully their offense is good enough to erase a poor return in a span of 1-2 plays, but it would be a welcomed addition. Obviously they aren't going to pull off a trade, so I'd love to see Shields make the team or Blackmon return to form. We'll see I suppose.

cvv84
05-31-2010, 09:53 AM
I agree with everything, but this. We saw how guys like Dante Hall, Devin Hester and even Percy Harvin have changed games in an instant. Can't forget the Superbowl MVP Desmond Howard.

Yes it's a luxury, but it's a luxury Green Bay hasn't had for a long time. Can you imagine if they were able to start a drive at the 40 rather than the 20? Maybe it's far down the list of needs, but I definitely think they should be trying, and trying hard to find someone to ignite their imcompetent special teams.

Thankfully their offense is good enough to erase a poor return in a span of 1-2 plays, but it would be a welcomed addition. Obviously they aren't going to pull off a trade, so I'd love to see Shields make the team or Blackmon return to form. We'll see I suppose.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that a return man isn't a neccessity to winning a Super Bowl. Hester was a huge factor for the Bears a few years ago against the Colts but in the end, the Colts won. Desmond Howard gave us that spark but we also had the best defense in both points and yards that year. If we have room for a returner then by all means, but right now I'd rather use that roster spot at LB or CB.

Whistler6
05-31-2010, 12:29 PM
I guess what I'm trying to get at is that a return man isn't a neccessity to winning a Super Bowl. Hester was a huge factor for the Bears a few years ago against the Colts but in the end, the Colts won. Desmond Howard gave us that spark but we also had the best defense in both points and yards that year. If we have room for a returner then by all means, but right now I'd rather use that roster spot at LB or CB.

Ah, dang it. I concede...CB/LB are much more pressing needs than a KR/PR. I'm just so flip'n tired of there be almost 0 potential of a Green Bay player taking one to the house. I know it's been 13-14 years now, but Howard spoiled me. I wish they could find even a fraction of that.

That's probably my only gripe with this year's draft. There was a lot of speedy WR specialists who could have fit the mold. I can't complain though.

J-Mike88
05-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Ah, dang it. I concede...CB/LB are much more pressing needs than a KR/PR. I'm just so flip'n tired of there be almost 0 potential of a Green Bay player taking one to the house. I know it's been 13-14 years now, but Howard spoiled me. I wish they could find even a fraction of that.
You don't have to settle or ignore the problem.
We didn't even draft a single CB.
We didn't even draft a single LB.
Desmond Howard didn't cost us a 1st or 2nd round draft pick.
Nor did Josh Cribbs or Dante Hall, nor would Ted Ginn have either.

But we all love the speed of Sam Shields, and Baidger fans saw first-hand how fast the guy is returning a kick. Although that was a trick play, he still ran around and past everyone.

I'm hoping he's the answer there at KR. Maybe James Starks will Spark the unit if Sam I am turns into Sam I am not.

Whistler6
05-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Will Blackmon's gotta have tougher skin than this. He's been getting into a Twitter back-and-forth with Packer bloggers @Packerslounge and kind of @Aaron_Nagler as well. Nothing really newsworthy, but he's taking criticism pretty personally.

I suppose it could be taken as just "fun," but we've seen where Twitter comments can lead...Lucky for Will, he't not really big enough to be noticed. The only reason I bring it up is because this isn't the 1st time. A couple of months ago, he did the same thing when someone criticized his play.

http://twitter.com/willblackmon27

that's cool. I don't even know who you are, you don't know me. You live behind twitter and a blog and enjoy life. All good

its crazy you diss and have fun behind your computer. You can say whatever you want about me. Whether my career ended today or 10 years from now, I made it to the highest level of my profession through the grace of God. And you? You have a weak ass blog site no one reads and **** talk on twitter all day lol. I'm good man! Jai ho lol!

Off we goo!

J-Mike88
05-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Thrill does do a lot of trash talking for a devout Christian, which I find puzzling.

I don't expect too much from the ACL torn Blackmon this year. Hope I'm wrong.

J-Mike88
06-02-2010, 01:23 PM
(wow, this is the first post in here in the month of June)

Some notes from today's OTA's:

-Bush is the nickel CB. Lee and Underwood are base CBs.
-Rookie Quarless drops pass in drills. He is getting plenty of instruction from TE coach Ben McAdoo today. He is raw and has a ways to go.
-Brandon Jackson and Jordy Nelson and Pat Lee returning kickoffs.
-Former Packers C Mike Flanagan is here working with the OLine as a coaching intern.
-Sam Shields lined up as punt returner.

Now, this from McCarthy's press conference prior to the practice (so take it with a grain of salt as we heard great things about Barbre last off-season):
-Pat Lee every time he gets on field makes plays. Excited about what he's shown so far. Brandon Underwood candidate for most improved.
-Burnett is natural football player. As for Bigby, all of our players understand importance of OTA and opportunities they are given.
-Concerned for Johnny Jolly. Monitoring situation closely.
- Have not talked to Jolly in at least a month. This will definitely be learning experience for him -- the court process. (WTF? how is it monitoring closely if we haven't talked to the bruthah in at least a month?..... someone clue me in please)
-QB Graham Harrell had heck of a workout. Had good grades from our scouts, Impressed with his velocity.
-Brad Jones also jumps out in terms of improvement from last year
-James Starks has been injured, and is getting close. Don't have time frame. Hamstring injury.

Pacific
06-05-2010, 04:39 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/95693989.html

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_a42415b2-70e1-11df-8af2-001cc4c03286.html

This can't end well. 7 Packers interviewed about possible sexual assault. 6 of them were released and aren't suspected of anything, they are: Matt Flynn, Josh Sitton, Korey Hall, Brad Jones, Clay Matthews, and Khalil Jones.

Other Packers in the area at the time for a golf tournament were:
Clifton, Tauscher, Crosby, Colledge, B-Jax, Lumpkin, and Brandon Underwood. Sure hope this blows over.

princefielder28
06-05-2010, 05:23 PM
For this to even be a topic of conversation it's troubling, and hopefully nothing negative will come out of it.

Whistler6
06-05-2010, 05:23 PM
This can't end well. 7 Packers interviewed about possible sexual assault. 6 of them were released and aren't suspected of anything, they are: Matt Flynn, Josh Sitton, Korey Hall, Brad Jones, Clay Matthews, and Khalil Jones.

Other Packers in the area at the time for a golf tournament were:
Clifton, Tauscher, Crosby, Colledge, B-Jax, Lumpkin, and Brandon Underwood. Sure hope this blows over.

Not a funny situation obviously, but Blackmon's response made me laugh.

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/940897172/grimes_bigger.jpg (http://twitter.com/account/profile_image/willblackmon27?hreflang=en)
willblackmon27 (http://twitter.com/willblackmon27): Good thing I'm golfing in rhode island...just sayin

roidrunner
06-05-2010, 09:22 PM
well my guess it is someone who is married. so who of the named players is married?

i know Crosby is married, anyone else married?

roidrunner
06-05-2010, 09:33 PM
my money is on crosby. which is sad cause his wife is HOT!

J-Mike88
06-05-2010, 09:50 PM
http://packersinsider.com/2010/06/is-brandon-underwood-following-roethlisbergers-footsteps/

It's not Mason Crosby, it's Brandon Underwood from what I have heard.
And it sounds like it might be a bogus claim.
Let's hope so.

What's funny is this forum has been DEAD for days, but now a report like this, and I guess the season is under way now in here! Woo-hoo!!!

Whistler6
06-05-2010, 10:20 PM
http://packersinsider.com/2010/06/is-brandon-underwood-following-roethlisbergers-footsteps/

It's not Mason Crosby, it's Brandon Underwood from what I have heard.
And it sounds like it might be a bogus claim.
Let's hope so.

What's funny is this forum has been DEAD for days, but now a report like this, and I guess the season is under way now in here! Woo-hoo!!!

Maybe Jarret Bush's name will surface...Best case scenario in a terrible situation? Ah, that's just mean. Hopefully everyone is cleared and it's nothing more than a couple of money-hungry fools. Where there's smoke though...

Whistler6
06-05-2010, 10:28 PM
(wow, this is the first post in here in the month of June)

Some notes from today's OTA's:
-Sam Shields lined up as punt returner.

Now, this from McCarthy's press conference prior to the practice (so take it with a grain of salt as we heard great things about Barbre last off-season):
-Pat Lee every time he gets on field makes plays. Excited about what he's shown so far. Brandon Underwood candidate for most improved.
-Burnett is natural football player. As for Bigby, all of our players understand importance of OTA and opportunities they are given.
-Concerned for Johnny Jolly. Monitoring situation closely.
- Have not talked to Jolly in at least a month. This will definitely be learning experience for him -- the court process. (WTF? how is it monitoring closely if we haven't talked to the bruthah in at least a month?..... someone clue me in please)
-QB Graham Harrell had heck of a workout. Had good grades from our scouts, Impressed with his velocity.
-Brad Jones also jumps out in terms of improvement from last year
-James Starks has been injured, and is getting close. Don't have time frame. Hamstring injury.

I mean obviously MM is going to praise his players, because what would knocking them do? But still, hearing that Pat Lee is on the field early and often and Jones making improvements is somewhat exciting. Like you said, take it with a grain of salt, but it's more fun to be optimistic.

I still wish they had a veteran backup QB though...It's not very comforting to know Graham Harrell and Matt Flynn are waiting in the wings if Rodgers goes down. But that will not happen (knock on wood).

tenorx
06-06-2010, 02:22 PM
What do you guys think, who will start next to Woodson? Harris, Williams or Lee?

cvv84
06-06-2010, 03:10 PM
What do you guys think, who will start next to Woodson? Harris, Williams or Lee?

Hard to see Harris ready for week 1. Williams has the edge over any CB on our roster not named Woodson or Harris so to me its clearly him. Lee has to stay healthy which in itself would be an accomplishment.

umphrey
06-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Williams is a lock I'm more interested in Burnett vs. Bigby. My money is on Burnett. Bigby isn't helping himself any by not signing his tender.

GB12
06-06-2010, 07:35 PM
The two most underrated Packer players by Packer fans:

1. Ryan Grant
2. Atari Bigby

PackerLegend
06-06-2010, 08:06 PM

1. Ryan Grant
2. Atari Bigby

Id say Grant is a pretty good back and I have seen him generate some hate for no reason. He isnt spectacular but he has definitely done a pretty good job behind a pretty suck o-line that has been shuffled alot while hes been here. The best part about the guy is he isnt an Ahman Green or AD who cough the ball up alot. Plus he was had for a 6th round pick.

Bigby definitely has made some big plays in the past but that was missing last year partly because he was out alot so its kind of hard to judge him. Hopefully he stays healthy an can become a force.

Bigby an Tramon will sign the tenders soon or the Packers can cut the salaries to less if they dont. Atleast thats what I heard... I think they have like a little less then 2 weeks left.

cvv84
06-06-2010, 08:13 PM
2 years ago Bigby was a stud but since then he hasn't stayed healthy and IMO doesn't really fit our 3-4 defense. Maybe another year in the system will help him but I think Burnett is going to be right in his rearview. I'd say someone like Barnett is more underrated/underappreciated.

J-Mike88
06-06-2010, 09:23 PM
1. Ryan Grant
2. Atari Bigby
I used to say that exact same thing, until I saw Bigby AWOL last year too often when we were getting bombarded like Pearl Harbor. And that was when he wasn't sidelined hurt again.

Now I would put it like this:
1. Ryan Grant
2. Scott Wells
3. Mark Tauscher
4. Chad Clifton
5. Ryan Pickett

RyanBraun8
06-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Well I don't really understand how a big, aggressive, loves to play in the box type of SS doesn't fit the 3-4 scheme. But I agree that Burnett is going to be right on his heel and Atari may have made a fatal mistake for holding out from OTA looking for a new deal. That move baffles me... the Packers trade up to draft a guy that plays your position, you allow this guy to come in and take a large amount of reps to show what he has to the coaches, learn the defense much faster, and give his a chance to work with Collins allowing them to better there communication together (communications between the safteys his huge in the defense).

Really all Bigby is doing right now is opening up the door for Burnett which is actually working against him recieving a new contract. His agent must be a idiot. You can't hold out when a team drafts your possible replacement

princefielder28
06-06-2010, 10:15 PM
right, Bigby pretty much has no leverage so what's the point of him holding out??? dumb on his part

J-Mike88
06-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Well I don't really understand how a big, aggressive, loves to play in the box type of SS doesn't fit the 3-4 scheme. But I agree that Burnett is going to be right on his heel and Atari may have made a fatal mistake for holding out from OTA looking for a new deal. That move baffles me... the Packers trade up to draft a guy that plays your position, you allow this guy to come in and take a large amount of reps to show what he has to the coaches, learn the defense much faster, and give his a chance to work with Collins allowing them to better there communication together (communications between the safteys his huge in the defense).

Really all Bigby is doing right now is opening up the door for Burnett which is actually working against him recieving a new contract. His agent must be a idiot. You can't hold out when a team drafts your possible replacement
Here's the thought process from Atari Bigby:
He wants out of Green Bay. He was mad last year he didn't get a deal, and he was madder this off-season. The other safety, Collins, got his new money.

Then when the Packers made the aggressive trade-up to select Atari's replacement, he was done with the Packers -in his mind.
He has no leverage but neither did Randy Moss and he got himself out of Oakland. But Bigby isn't as good as Moss so he's up a creek. Can anyone think of a team who would trade anything for him? I can't. St Louis if they lose OJ Atogwe?

I don't know what's gonna happen with him, but he does want to play week one on another team.

GB12
06-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I think you're completely wrong on that.

cvv84
06-07-2010, 03:36 PM

Because we don't use our SS in the box or near the line of scrimmage much. We utilize 2 deep safeties which emphasizes the need for a coverage safety, which Burnett is more suited as. Atari is still a very good player when healthy and as I said maybe another year in the system would help, but as it stands his clock is ticking down in GB.

PackerLegend
06-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Why would we give a bigger contract to a guy who didnt do much last year? While he has made some big plays in the past he isnt exactly a model of consistency. Like I said before I heard on espn radio that if Bigby, Williams and Jolly dont sign their tender offers soon the Packers can cut the amount of money those tenders are for and still maintain total rights for them. I forgot the exact date but its like the middle of June. Has anyone else heard or can confirm this.

Jolly's pretty much a non issue because he has effed himself. Bigby is definitely hurting himself but not showing up. Whats the deal with Tramon? Has he been missing as well... is he going to sign his tender or get a new deal soon? We definitely cant afford anymore issues at the CB spot.

umphrey
06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Bigby has no leverage. I don't know what he's expecting to gain from this. Some extra days off? We aren't giving him a contract this offseason. If he wants money he should show up early ready to work and try to keep his starting job so he can either get an extension mid season or more money as a free agent next year.

Tramon Williams we should probably sign if we have to. Not long term more like 3 years. It will probably sound expensive but it would be worth it.

J-Mike88
06-08-2010, 09:17 AM
In his career as a coach (Head coach or D-coordinator), how many times has Dom Capers faced Brett Favre?

Who is the crack researcher here who can dig that up?

tjsunstein
06-08-2010, 09:36 AM
In his career as a coach (Head coach or D-coordinator), how many times has Dom Capers faced Brett Favre?

Who is the crack researcher here who can dig that up?

He first started as defensive coordinator in the Brett Favre era in 1992 with the Steelers. Stayed there until '94.

Took over head coach from '95-'98 with the Panthers.

Defensive Coordinator for Jacksonville in '99-'00.

Head Coach of the expansion Texans from '02-'05.

He was a special assistant to the head coach in '06 for the Dolphins then officially held the DC title in '07 for them.

Again, a special assistant in '08 with New England before becoming DC here in '09.

Favre was with the Falcons in '91 before coming over here in '92. During the time he was with the Falcons, Capers didn't hold a HC/DC job in the NFL. Favre started his first game with the Packers in week 4 but appeared in weeks 2 and 3. He started with us through the '07-'08 season.

Played with the Jets in the '08-'09 season which would mean he faced Capers twice although Capers was a special assistant with no HC/DC label.

Of course they faced off twice last year.

So really, you'd have to figure out:

- When the Packers played the Steelers from '92-'94
- When the Packers played the Panthers from '95-'98
- If the Packers played the Jaguars in the '99-'00 season
- When the Packers played the Texans from '02-'05
- If the Packers played the Dolphins in the '07 season.

Just made your job that much easier.

Whistler6
06-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Get some! Wow, I'm not sure how to take all of this in. Personally I love it, but I can see how a lot of opposing fans will get pissy about it. Good for you 12! Yeah it's probably because I'm a Packer fan in this case, but I really appreciate an athlete being candid and honest, rather than "politically correct" all the time.

Aaron Rodgers calls Tony Kornheiser "stupid," "dumb" and "terrible:"

In 2008, when Tony Kornheiser was a Monday Night Football commentator for ESPN, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3118) once sat down with him for a pre-game production meeting.

It would be an extreme understatement to say that Rodgers came away unimpressed.

In an interview with ESPN Radio in Milwaukee (http://www.stationcaster.com/stations/wauk/media/mpeg/Aaron_Rodgers_Packers_quarterback_6_7_10_Homer-1275953535.mp3), Rodgers went off on Kornheiser and said he was embarrassingly unprepared for his job.

"You know who was better than Tony Kornheiser? Dennis Miller was ten times better (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2010/06/08/aaron-rodgers-ranks-tom-brady-best-by-far-and-thinks-tony-kornheiser-is-terrible/)," Rodgers said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "Dennis Miller was a great comedian, but one of the worst Monday Night Football guys ever. And he was ten times better than Tony Kornheiser. His stuff was actually funny. Tony wasn't funny at all. He did absolutely no research. We'd sit in those production meetings and he would add absolutely nothing to the conversation. I'd be like, 'What are we doing here? This is stupid.'"

Rodgers praised Monday Night Football play-by-play man Mike Tirico as coming into production meetings thoroughly prepared. Kornheiser? Not so much.

"You get in there with Tony and he's asking you all these dumb questions that have no application to the game you are playing or anything you are doing," Rodgers said. "He's terrible. . . . I don't think he's funny. I don't think he's insightful. I don't think knows, really, anything about sports."

Most football fans regard Ron Jaworski as one of the top analysts in the business, but Rodgers isn't particularly thrilled with Jaworski, either.

"I like him, but, when I was coming out, he did the worst segment in the history of TV about me talking about my fundamentals," Rodgers said of Jaworski. "It was not even close to anywhere near my fundamentals. The first time I met him, someone introduced me to him and I said, 'Yeah I know him. He's the guy who ripped me before the draft.' The rest of the night he told me how great I was. I was like, 'I know your song and dance.' And now he loves me."

The whole interview, in which Rodgers criticized other ESPN employees and took a shot at the Detroit Lions, is well worth listening to. Rodgers comes across as an entertaining and engaging player who's not afraid to speak his mind. When he retires, he'd be perfect for the Monday Night Football booth. Or as co-host of Pardon the Interruption.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/08/aaron-rodgers-calls-tony-kornheiser-stupid-dumb-and-terrible/

Mr.Regular
06-08-2010, 10:48 AM
I listened to that interview. ARod really doesn't hold back.
He comes off as a bit arrogant to the radio host, but it's a little tongue-in-cheek so it's all good.
As for the Kornheiser deal, well he was an idiot on MNF. He's calling it like it is. It may not be smart to publicly rip on him like he did though, but come on we all know it. He wasn't good for that job, and I can imagine he was embarrassingly bad in the pre game interviews.

PackerLegend
06-08-2010, 06:00 PM
LMAO thats great, I love him even more then I already do if that was possible. Honestly though it probably would have been better to just say nothing. Ripping people doesn't get you anywhere.

J-Mike88
06-08-2010, 06:37 PM
It may not be smart to publicly rip on him like he did though.
I agree with that. While I tend to agree with Arod, I still don't think he should be saying that publicly and I wish he hadn't.
I also don't want to hear him rip on the Lions. Never (publicly) beat a dog when it's down.

TitleTown088
06-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Woodson reportedly in talks for a new contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/08/report-packers-woodson-discussing-new-contract/

princefielder28
06-08-2010, 06:55 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/08/report-packers-woodson-discussing-new-contract/

I could understand a raise for 2011 and 2012 for his play but extending past that isn't too smart

J-Mike88
06-08-2010, 07:02 PM
He first started as defensive coordinator in the Brett Favre era in 1992 with the Steelers. Stayed there until '94.

Took over head coach from '95-'98 with the Panthers.

Defensive Coordinator for Jacksonville in '99-'00.

Head Coach of the expansion Texans from '02-'05.

He was a special assistant to the head coach in '06 for the Dolphins then officially held the DC title in '07 for them.

Again, a special assistant in '08 with New England before becoming DC here in '09.

So really, you'd have to figure out:

- When the Packers played the Steelers from '92-'94
- When the Packers played the Panthers from '95-'98
- If the Packers played the Jaguars in the '99-'00 season
- When the Packers played the Texans from '02-'05
- If the Packers played the Dolphins in the '07 season.

Just made your job that much easier.
1992, Packers defeated Steelers by 14. No turnovers. Capers 0-1
1996, Packers shredded Panthers 30-13 with 479 yards in NFCCG. Capers 0-2
1997, Packers shredded Panthers @ Carolina 31-10 with 458 yards. Capers 0-3
1998, Packers lit up Panthers in Carolina for 37 points and 487 yards. Capers 0-4
1999-2000, Did not play Jacksonville
2004, won at Houston behind 383 yards from Favre. Offense was contained though. Still, Capers 0-5
2006, Packers won at Miami 34-24 (Capers was special assistant to the HC so it's an asterick, still, Capers team lost to Favre. Capers 0-6 vs Favre
2009, Favre in enemy purple. We all know the story as Favre carved us up like we were a high school defense. 7 TDs. 0 Ints. 0 Sacks. Two losses for Capers again scheming against Brett Favre. Capers 0-8 lifetime vs Favre.

Gentlemen, THIS HAS TO CHANGE and it has to change NOW, THIS YEAR.
Should we let Trgovic make the gameplan for Minnesota, LOL, damn.

cvv84
06-08-2010, 09:29 PM

Josina Anderson of FOX 31 Denver reported on her Twitter page Tuesday that the Packers and Woodson are currently in negotiations on a new contract. Anderson’s report cited unnamed sources.

Charles Woodson refutes a report by Josina Anderson of Fox 31 Denver that he has discussed a new contract with the Packers.

"I don't know any Josina, and I haven't discussed anything with the Packers," Woodson texted.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/includes/blog/index.php?action=blog&blog_id=20&post_id=1711

Sounds like the same thing when a Boston reporter was reporting that the Packers traded for Randy Moss.

umphrey
06-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Nick Collins:

“It doesn’t bother me. I feel like an extra coach out there. The young guys come up and ask questions and I just try to help them out the best I can. And I love doing that. Once I’m done, I plan on coaching anyway. I’ve always wanted to coach…not on the NFL level, but possibly high school or the collegiate level.”

I love seeing that attitude in players. His coaching mentallity helps the young players, but it helps him a lot too.

PackerLegend
06-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Not much to talk about so here is somewhat of an update on Underwood investigation.

The agent for Green Bay Packers cornerback Brandon Underwood, under suspicion in connection with an alleged assault in Lake Delton last weekend, expressed concern Thursday with the pace of the investigation.

"It's unfortunate that information has not been received by the district attorney's office, and the court of opinion is being set up by different stories released in the media," Gilmore said. "We are confident that when all of the information comes out, Brandon will be cleared."

The agent, Deryk Gilmore, said he was surprised to learn late Wednesday night that Lake Delton Police Chief Tom Dorner had issued a news release saying he had not yet delivered reports on the incident to the Sauk County district attorney's office. Dorner had seen saying all week that he had planned to send the police reports to Sauk County District Attorney Patricia Barrett on Tuesday.

In the news release, Dorner said he hoped to deliver the reports compiled by his officers, as well as officers in the Sauk County Sheriff's Department, by today. Dorner added that the delay likely would mean that Barrett would not be able to make a decision to issue charges, or not, on Friday. Instead, Dorner said, a charging decision may not be made until next week.

Barrett has declined to comment on any aspect of the case.

Dorner also disclosed, without elaboration, that "money was exchanged between the alleged suspect and the alleged victims before the alleged assault." Dorner did not name Underwood, nor the women, believed to be from the Milwaukee area, in the news release.

Gilmore declined to comment on the specifics of Dorner's statement, but added: "We would appreciate it if people would wait until the facts are in before rendering a judgment," he said.

However, a source knowledgeable about the case said Underwood did not exchange any money with the two women in the Saturday morning incident. Rather, this source said, Underwood may have been robbed by the two women at some point after they left Cruisin Chubby's, a gentlemen's club located near the Wilderness Resort Golf Cabins in Lake Delton where Underwood and other Packers were staying.

Several members of the Packers were in the Lake Delton area last week as part of a charity golf tournament hosted by Clay Matthews.

Last weekend, Lake Delton police said the two women, ages 31 and 33, first alleged they had been sexually assaulted by more than one man, but later said it was one person. The police also took the unusual step of releasing the names of six members of the Packers whom they said were not under suspicion. They did not release Underwood's name, but Journal Sentinel sources and later Underwood's attorney said Underwood was the subject of the police investigation.

Police said over the weekend that there was sexual activity between Underwood and the women, but that Underwood said the sex was consensual.

Dorner also has told reporters that he would not be making a recommendation on whether the women or Underwood should be charged. There has been speculation that Underwood could face a municipal citation rather than a criminal charge. However, Richard Kaiser, Underwood's attorney, said he was unaware of that possibility.

Dorner also used his latest news release to correct reports his office released last weekend that said people interviewed by police at the golf cabin had consumed alcohol. Dorner now says that "not all persons interviewed that were at the golf cabin that morning had been consuming alcohol, as had been previously reported."

Kaiser has said that Underwood will be cleared of all wrongdoing. Kaiser could not be reached for comment, but a source connected with the case said Kaiser had not seen any police reports, either.

On Wednesday, Underwood apologized to his teammates for the distraction he said he caused. But Underwood declined to talk in detail about the incident to the media.

J-Mike88
06-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks for that Legend. Even though it's bad news, or messy embarassing, at least there's some Packer talk in here today!

I know the NFL season is just getting rolling with practice, but I am amazed that there's 10x the talk in here about a losing baseball team that hasn't been to a World Series in most of our lifetimes than there is the Super Bowl contending Packers.

I am watching NFL access right now, and they're on every night live. Same with NFL Live on ESPN everyday M-F at 3:00. There's always football news.

Now, back to the Packers and news. Here are a few pieces.
Nice long article by CNNSI Don Banks about Rodgers and the Packers getting better: http://tinyurl.com/2w52vza

Brian Murphy, on Johnny Jolly & Brandon Underwear:
http://tinyurl.com/32u6rq6

Mark Strotman, on Aaron Rodgers comments about ESPN's guys:
http://tinyurl.com/35ugf5q

PackerLegend
06-10-2010, 10:07 PM
A family night date has been set. I know someone was asking about it before. I saw it in the newspaper but I don't remember. Hopefully this year it wont be rained out! I need my football fix! While OTA's and training camp are a good start I really cant wait for any type of game even if its against ourself.

Whistler6
06-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks for that Legend. Even though it's bad news, or messy embarassing, at least there's some Packer talk in here today!

We can't all be blessed with a winning baseball team, so back off! I used to be able to rip the Twinks for their toilet bowl of a baseball stadium, but now I can't even use that...Ughhh jk, I kid.

A family night date has been set. I know someone was asking about it before. I saw it in the newspaper but I don't remember. Hopefully this year it wont be rained out! I need my football fix! While OTA's and training camp are a good start I really cant wait for any type of game even if its against ourself.

I'm lucky enough to be going this year with my pops, and I went a few years ago with a couple friends. Even though it is just a game against themselves, the Lambeau crowd lights up the place like it's week 1. Definitely a good time, which goes without saying, because any event held at Lambeau is fun. This year though, I am beyond excited to see ANY kind of live football soon.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v37/215/80/59512308/n59512308_30963967_5029.jpg

This is just a joke, and we didn't even drink. Kind of lame I know, but we thought we were pretty funny at the time. Not quite... I'm the punk on the left.

Whistler6
06-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I love hearing stuff like this, but it makes me nervous at the same time.

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/657785492/alex__mcfadden_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/mortreport)
(Mortreport = Chris Mortensen)

@takeiteasy99 (http://twitter.com/takeiteasy99): is aaron rodgers going to be top NFL QB next 5 years?

@mortreport (http://twitter.com/mortreport):I'd bet on it. If starting a team, he might be the 1

TitleTown088
06-12-2010, 01:50 AM
It's between him and Rivers, no doubt.

J-Mike88
06-12-2010, 07:03 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v37/215/80/59512308/n59512308_30963967_5029.jpg
... I'm the punk on the left.
Dude on the left looks like a modern, shorter, version of 1975 Bill Walton, former NCAA & NBA Legend !!!

J-Mike88
06-12-2010, 07:04 AM
It's between him and Rivers, no doubt.
I agree.
But I know plenty who really think Matt Ryan is in the debate.
Others also think Stafford and Flacco have tons of upside. I think Flacco is way overrated, but with their WR additions this year, he has a chance to prove me wrong.

PackerLegend
06-12-2010, 10:11 AM
I agree.
But I know plenty who really think Matt Ryan is in the debate.
Others also think Stafford and Flacco have tons of upside. I think Flacco is way overrated, but with their WR additions this year, he has a chance to prove me wrong.

Ryan, Stafford and Flacco aren't even close to where Rodgers was his rookie season (1st season as starter) Id like to see any of them play behind the line Rodgers did this season and I guarantee it wont be pretty. What he was able to do knowing hes likely to get crushed every time he drops back was amazing. He knew the line wasn't holding up but the guy remained calm and did his thing.

cvv84
06-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Ryan, Stafford and Flacco aren't even close to where Rodgers was his rookie season (1st season as starter) Id like to see any of them play behind the line Rodgers did this season and I guarantee it wont be pretty. What he was able to do knowing hes likely to get crushed every time he drops back was amazing. He knew the line wasn't holding up but the guy remained calm and did his thing.

Rodgers also had the benefit of sitting for 3 years, learning and practicing the same offense so that just makes what Ryan and Flacco did as rookies that much more spectacular.

I'm not saying they are on par with Rodgers, because I firmly believe Rodgers is a top 5 QB in the NFL, but as true rookies I think what Ryan and Flacco did was pretty astounding. Stafford doesn't even belong in the converstation.

Whistler6
06-12-2010, 03:14 PM
I think the running games both Atlanta and Baltimore have need to be factored in as well. Ryan's rookie year, Michael Turner dominated the NFL. His amount of carries was ridiculous. And the Ravens have always had a couple more than capable backs.

I don't mean to take away from Flacco's and Ryan's accomplishments, because doing what they did as 1st year rookies was incredible. But Rodger's has been protected by a less than stellar offensive line and basically a 1-trick RB. It's hard to imagine Rodger's being better than he was last year, but it'll be a blast watching these young guns continue to grow and lead the NFL.

PackerLegend
06-12-2010, 06:05 PM
I was looking at the OTA/Mini camp pictures thread and I dont think there is any of the Packers. Do you guys have any????

TitleTown088
06-12-2010, 08:25 PM
I don't mean to take away from Flacco's and Ryan's accomplishments, because doing what they did as 1st year rookies was incredible. .

I've always found those rookies seasons to be extremely overrated. What's so impressive about 16 TD and 11 int from Ryan...?

I was looking at the OTA/Mini camp pictures thread and I dont think there is any of the Packers. Do you guys have any????

http://packers.com

check the photo section.

J-Mike88
06-13-2010, 01:14 AM

JSOnline.com has a few different albums from this month in there.

Whistler6
06-13-2010, 08:55 AM
I've always found those rookies seasons to be extremely overrated. What's so impressive about 16 TD and 11 int from Ryan...?

It's the wins that was impressive. Flacco with 13 (2 in playoffs) and Matt Ryan with 11 and a 6-point loss to the Cardinals in the wildcard round. Only 11 interceptions with a 61% passer rating and 3400 yards is a nice season by anyone's standards. And Michael Turner had 17 rushing TDs and Norwood 4, so his passing TD total didn't need to be any higher.

I'm not sure why I'm defending Ryan so much, because I honestly couldn't care any less about him. I think it's because I was so sure he'd be a bust that his success threw me for a big time loop.

TitleTown088
06-13-2010, 12:03 PM
It's the wins that was impressive. Flacco with 13 (2 in playoffs) and Matt Ryan with 11 and a 6-point loss to the Cardinals in the wildcard round. Only 11 interceptions with a 61% passer rating and 3400 yards is a nice season by anyone's standards. And Michael Turner had 17 rushing TDs and Norwood 4, so his passing TD total didn't need to be any higher.

Exactly though, the team won those games, not just Ryan. Those young QBs got too much credit for being on good teams. Like you said they had nice seasons, not spectacular.

cvv84
06-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Exactly though, the team won those games, not just Ryan. Those young QBs got too much credit for being on good teams. Like you said they had nice seasons, not spectacular.

Thats a pretty baseless statement and you can say that just about any team on any Sunday. But when its a QB coming fresh out of college and taking on a whole new speed of the game, all the while commanding the huddle and making in-game adjustments, its a pretty spectacular achievement. Just because their TD/INT rate wasn't on par with the top tier QBs doesn't mean they were game managing rookies.

TitleTown088
06-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Thats a pretty baseless statement and you can say that just about any team on any Sunday. But when its a QB coming fresh out of college and taking on a whole new speed of the game, all the while commanding the huddle and making in-game adjustments, its a pretty spectacular achievement. Just because their TD/INT rate wasn't on par with the top tier QBs doesn't mean they were game managing rookies.
I'll give you another baseless statement that's true: Matt Ryan isn't very good. :)

cvv84
06-13-2010, 06:02 PM
I'll give you another baseless statement that's true: Matt Ryan isn't very good. :)

Nice debate.

GB12
06-14-2010, 03:55 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/96322909.html#comments

Some RFA information.

I'd leave Bigby's tender, keep Williams' tender while working on an extension, and drop Jolly to 110%.

cvv84
06-14-2010, 04:09 PM
I'd reduce them all. If they're going to hurt the team by not being there, practicing, then they should get hurt financially.

I'd love to extend Trammon but we have to do so realistically. Is he capable of being a number 2 CB or is he better suited at nickleback. He might turn into one of those guys who get overpaid to be a starter and struggle at that role, i.e. Rod Hood.

Jolly should also be shopped. He's clearly not going to get an extention and has fallen out of favor with Packer brass. Get what we can for him while we can. Depends on the outcome/status of his trial of course.

J-Mike88
06-14-2010, 08:36 PM
cvv84 is onto something tonight, although I don't think anyone would/could give us anything right now for Jolly.
Cood call on Rod Hood, and one might mention Cletidus Hunt as well, who Dennis Miller once said his name sounds like the title of a new reality show on CBS.

GB12
06-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Jolly ended up signing his tender.

Pack_Attack_4
06-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Jolly ended up signing his tender.

What happens with Tramon and Bigby now that they didnt sighn by the deadline?

RyanBraun8
06-15-2010, 02:09 PM
I am just amazed by this situation.... both agents of these two players should be fired. Bigby is alright with the fact that his cut will not be much ($500,000) or so but if he thinks he has any leverage at all he is kidding himself. All he has done so far is allowed Burnett to just walk in and damn near steal his spot away from him. If he holds out of training camp at all, that just will be gone...Burnett is no bumb and someone needs to inform Bigby of that.

Williams now has some leverage but the Packers already gave him a very nice tender for this season (much higher than most thought he should get). I get that Tramon thinks he has has the leverage to lock down a big deal but is not worth losing 3 million over. Tenders are not idea but you still continue to hash out a new contract once it is signed. It is only for one year. I'm a fan of Tramon but I doubt that this will get him the contact he wants.

tjsunstein
06-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Bigby is going to be very dissapointed when he finally comes to camp with less money than he expected and fighting for a job he could have had if he had showed up earlier.

Tramon on the other hand is very different. We need him and he knows we need him. The Packers aren't willing to pay his price however. They will have to meet in the middle on a one year tender and get something done mid season or I think Tramon will walk after this year. Then again, he would have more leverage the longer he stays on board with us to get that mega deal he wants because Harris and Woodson aren't getting younger. Interesting to see how that plays out.

GB12
06-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Wait, have any of you seen that they didn't sign? Last I heard it was still unknown.

umphrey
06-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Bigby 99% didn't sign. Stupid. He loses in the long run. At some point the coaches are going to say "we're moving forward with the guy who's here" and it's getting harder for Bigby to have a good season and even hold the starting job. Short term he loses about $50,000. Stupid. As a pro athlete he makes a couple million a year but that's going to last maybe 10 years if he's lucky and then he's got nothing. $50,000 is another year of paid retirement for running around in shorts doing stuff he's expected to do anyway.

J-Mike88
06-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Listen, the players (and their agents) are very aware that their careers are quite short, so they try and squeeze the team (ultimately the fans) for as many now dollars as they can.
But they also know their careers are very short, so they know sitting out/holding out for one of their prime few years is also stupid.

If this happens to Tramon or Bigby, I can tell you that their agents will not be picking up a lot of new clients next season.

The rules of the CBA are clear, and the NFLPA agreed to it.
I hope the Packers, and all the teams, follow the rule and reduce their offers per the rules of the law.

I'm tired of greed in sports from owners to players. My Sunday Ticket has gone up like 400% since I first got it and player salaries are partly responsible. Same with the BS price of authentic jerseys and t-shirts, etc.

We know we can buy an exact-same-made and quality jersey for $40 from overseason (cuts out all the middle men), but here officially, we have t pay $200 so that the player can get their money, the NFLPA, the team, and the NFL.

nobody loves the NFL more than I do or the Packers (a lot of us might be tied, but can't be more than me), but I am tired of player salaries increasing at a ridiculous rate compared to everything else.

I saw a thing in Newsweek a few months ago and while some things have gone down over 10, 30, 50, 90 yards comparitively, and some up a little bit (average US salary), pro baseball, football, and basketball salaries have gone up astronomically. As have ticket prices.

So while I love our players, I'm never a fan of them b*tching for more money because ultimately, we pay for much of it.

Tramon has been offered a huge raise, and is turning down a $3+ million year. I like Tramon, but I agree with ^ above that Tramon has never proven to be a good starting CB, just a good nickelback. As a starter, overall his body of work is just okay.

TitleTown088
06-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Wait, have any of you seen that they didn't sign? Last I heard it was still unknown.

Jolly signed today I believe.

GB12
06-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Jolly signed today I believe.

Yeah I said that one, I'm talking about Williams and Bigby.

And now I see that neither signed. The Packers can now cut their salaries if they so choose.

PACKmanN
06-15-2010, 11:17 PM
The Packers have shown to be fair to players who earn their pay and continue to show up to OTAs and such, so they have to show what happens to guys who do the oppsite(Walker and now Bigby and Williams) and reduce their salaries. We can afford it with Bigby, but it will be a huge risk for Wiliams.

Mr.Regular
06-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Tramon signed. Very nice. We need him big time this year.

PackerLegend
06-16-2010, 05:37 PM
This is what it said about Tramon per rotoworld an Greg Bedrad on twitter...

Packers re-signed restricted free agent CB Tramon Williams to a one-year, $3.168 contract.
Miscommunication between Williams' agent, the Packers, and the NFL led to an unnecessary mess. Williams will remain a crucial part of the Packers' secondary with Al Harris (knee) a long shot for Week 1. Green Bay may look to lock up Williams long term if he excels as an early-season starter.

Thankfully he is signed... We can't afford to not have him as our CB situation is already a very big question. Bigby on the other hand would be nice to have but hes an idiot for doing what hes been doing and not having him wont hurt as much.

J-Mike88
06-16-2010, 10:59 PM
What a weird bizzare communication-gaffe.
We can talk to a man in the middle of the ocean or on top of a mountain in Asia, but we can't get word from the NFL or Packers until almost a day has passed?

It's good to have Tramon back, but we had Tramon, had Woodson, and had Harris last year twice against Minnesota, and that bast*rd #4 torched us like a marshallow-on-a-stick. Twice.

We need Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood to be the difference (upgrade) back there in coverage, right?

Am I the only one still concerned about that area of our team?

princefielder28
06-16-2010, 11:57 PM
I think pretty much everyone has at least some concern about the depth in our secondary

TitleTown088
06-17-2010, 12:45 AM
I think pretty much everyone has at least some concern about the depth in our secondary

Most teams do. I don't think the Packers are unique in that department.

J-Mike88
06-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Most teams do. I don't think the Packers are unique in that department.
Right, but:
A) Some teams and fans have faith in some proven veterans at CB, but more importantly
B) No other D-Backfield made Roethlisberger, Favre, and Warner look like video-game wizards like we did. I mean they were all almost flawless against us. And 2 or 3 of them were with Harris there. And Collins was there all year.

Look at the Colts who missed a lot of starts at 1CB & 2CB, plus missed 2007DPOY Bob Sanders for every game but 2.
And the Steelers minus their star safety Polamalu were a shell of their normal defense.

I believe our injury situation at DB could be a lot worse than last year, odds-wise, so I really have some deep worries over the same position that pretty much killed us last year. A new nasty improved pass rush can help a lot though.

cvv84
06-17-2010, 06:50 PM
While the contract talks hold moderate interest for some of her colleagues, most of them prefer to gossip about her private life — specifically about what happened between her and dancing partner Maks. Because the latest EA romance gossip circulating around the Bristol cafeteria right now involves not Maks, but Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The two were spotted by other ESPN people last week drinking (closely) at the bar underneath Boston's Liberty hotel.

"Well, he's not the first athlete," said one bold ESPN TV guy who's sick of the Erin Andrews Machine. "She always wanted to just be a star."

Aaron and Erin?

PackerLegend
06-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Not surprised Aaron is a pimp... nuff said

J-Mike88
06-17-2010, 10:48 PM
I just pointed out to a friend that Rodgers had Erin Andrews on his twitter follow list. I guess he does like her twitter afterall.
Good man Aaron!

cuzifelt1ikeit
06-19-2010, 12:46 AM
i thought clay matthews was gonna snag erin haha

J-Mike88
06-22-2010, 02:56 PM
I think today was the end of minicamp.

Now, back to regular scheduled programming......

TitleTown088
06-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Packers CB Charles Woodson gave rookie S Morgan Burnett a huge compliment today: "Sh#t, he's good. He looks good to me...."...Now it's just a matter of experience, playing at this level. So we'll see what happens when he's thrown in the fire."

That would be sweet if Burnett turns out to be as good as advertised.

umphrey
06-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Like Woodson said, Burnett will get a lot of on the field help and advice playing with Woodson, Collins, Tramon, and if Harris is inactive or on the PUP I'd expect him to be watching Burnett closely. He just has to win the starting job which Bigby isn't putting up much of a fight. Even though they haven't put pads on the players are already lobbying for him and I think everyone in the organization wants to get him on the field as long as he can handle it.

jackmadden
06-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Jenkins taking snaps at LOLB:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/198291-the-nfls-first-300-pound-linebacker?xid=si_nfl

umphrey
06-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Probably either he's just taking reps with them in coverage drills or for the couple of times a game when we used that psycho lineup (I don't know how good I feel about that tactic) to show the offense a base defense and then move guys around just before the snap.

cvv84
06-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Rookies Newhouse, Starks, and Wilson sign.

TitleTown088
06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Probably either he's just taking reps with them in coverage drills or for the couple of times a game when we used that psycho lineup (I don't know how good I feel about that tactic) to show the offense a base defense and then move guys around just before the snap.
I'm sure they're just working Jenkins in there for a few of the sub packages Capers has planned for certain situations this season. All the players have been talking about the new additions Capers has made to the defense this off season.

-
I know he's only a rookie who hasn't played in a game, but the Collins-Burnett combo has me thinking something special about that pairing.

J-Mike88
06-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Jenkins taking snaps at LOLB:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/198291-the-nfls-first-300-pound-linebacker?xid=si_nfl
Big man at OLB?
Adalius Thomas is the biggest guy I've seen play it.... anyone else think of anyone larger than AT who has?

cvv84
06-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Adalius Thomas' size really isn't that unique to the position. Guys like Shaun Phillips, Shawne Merriman, DeMarcus Ware, and LaMarr Woodley play in the 260-265 lbs range.

As for Jenkins playing some OLB - it can't hurt to try something during a light training period. If anything it just shows the amount of depth on the defensive line seeing we're looking at more ways to get these guys into games.

senormysterioso
06-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Speaking of Adalius Thomas, there are rumors that the Packers are still entertaining the notion of signing him or Keith Bullock.

TitleTown088
06-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Speaking of Adalius Thomas, there are rumors that the Packers are still entertaining the notion of signing him or Keith Bullock.

Brad Jones had more sacks than AT last season in half the playing time.

Mr.Regular
06-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Brad Jones had more sacks than AT last season in half the playing time.
Ya, I dont see Thomas as an upgrade over Jones. If he was willing to openly compete for the job, sure, but knowing his attitude issues, I doubt hed do that.

PS how would Bulluck fit outside in a 34? That seems like a bad idea to me, I doubt the team is realistically considering it.

GB12
06-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Bulluck would play inside in a 3-4. He's not a good fit there even though. Wouldn't be an upgrade over Hawk. We have no need for depth either with Bishop and Chillar. I don't know why that rumor would have started.

senormysterioso
06-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Well, I think what happened was that TT said something to the effect of I wouldn't be opposed to adding a veteran or that he'll keep all options open and the media took that as they are interested in a veteran linebacker

J-Mike88
06-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Who here thinks Johnny Jolly will ever get another contract with the Packers?
Did you guys see the Outside The Lines on ESPN about him and the cough syrup crap? He's so dumb.

http://packersinsider.com/2010/06/johnny-jolly-purple-drank-outside-the-lines/

cvv84
06-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Who here thinks Johnny Jolly will ever get another contract with the Packers?
Did you guys see the Outside The Lines on ESPN about him and the cough syrup crap? He's so dumb.

http://packersinsider.com/2010/06/johnny-jolly-purple-drank-outside-the-lines/

I think its safe to say that Jolly's time in Green Bay is running out. It sucks too because I was rooting for him since he was a rookie. Talented guy but it was the character concerns are what caused him to drop to in the draft in the first place. He's already lost his starting job and we drafted his replacement in Mike Neal. Jolly is definetly a guy I wouldn't want to invest long term in.

J-Mike88
06-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Who are the Packers 10 Most Valuable Players? (http://tinyurl.com/25y4yhe)

umphrey
06-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Barnett's not that valuable, neither is Jennings. Sitton and Jenkins are pretty damn important though. Our line would have fell apart completely last year without reliable stud RG. That's the only offensive line position we don't have to worry about, the others are huge question marks even with Bulaga and Lang and Spitz coming back.

GB12
06-29-2010, 01:06 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Charles Woodson
3. Clay Matthews
4. Nick Collins
5. Cullen Jenkins
6. Ryan Grant
7. Chad Clifton
8. Greg Jennings
9. Ryan Pickett
10.Tramon Williams/Al Harris

J-Mike88
06-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Barnett's not that valuable, neither is Jennings.
You're totally under-estimating how important Greg Jennings is to our offense, as much of the nation's fans do.

We're lucky enough to have not had to see what difference he makes because he's been very durable, not missing a bunch of time.

While Jordy and James are good, nobody would fill Jennings' shoes. He's our deep threat, the one that safeties keep an eye out for.

He's the one who was open for the deep TD in overtime to win the playoff game at the Cardinals, as he did to beat the Bears with a minute to go in week one.

He's the one who made the one-handed circus catch in the end zone in that game..... He's a superstar, and one with no ego. He's a playmaker and has special skill that neither Jordy nor Jones can fill.

Once Jennings misses a bunch of games, this won't even be open for debate, so for all our sakes, I hope we can debate it for many more years as a pure what-if.

PUO5f2a6P68
Ki2KAtO8if0&NR=1
edk3D_HllpY

J-Mike88
06-29-2010, 01:30 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Charles Woodson
3. Clay Matthews
4. Nick Collins
5. Cullen Jenkins
6. Ryan Grant
7. Chad Clifton
8. Greg Jennings
9. Ryan Pickett
That looks pretty good except:
Grant's shoes would be much easier to fill than Greg Jennings would be. I like Grant and often defend him come draft time when everyone thinks we need a faster guy. But he's not that great that he can't be replaced with little harm to the high octane offense. Jennings is special, was well worth his draft status of a 2nd rounder.

Also, I don't think Cullen is as valuable now that we run a 3-4. Glad to see you recognized Clifton. He's critical and just looking at the the last 4 Viking games and the Bengals game last year is proof of that.

GB12
06-29-2010, 01:39 PM
That looks pretty good except:
Grant's shoes would be much easier to fill than Greg Jennings would be. I like Grant and often defend him come draft time when everyone thinks we need a faster guy. But he's not that great that he can't be replaced with little harm to the high octane offense. Jennings is special, was well worth his draft status of a 2nd rounder.

Also, I don't think Cullen is as valuable now that we run a 3-4. Glad to see you recognized Clifton. He's critical and just looking at the the last 4 Viking games and the Bengals game last year is proof of that.

In the long run, yes Grant would be a lot easier to replace. For this season though we would be much worse off with Brandon Jackson starting than James Jones starting.

Cullen Jenkins played extremely well last year. Even though it was his first year in the system he was playing like one of the best 3-4 DEs in the league. He might be even more valuable now that we run a 3-4.

J-Mike88
06-29-2010, 08:36 PM
BEST 5 games on the schedule?

http://packersinsider.com/2010/06/ranking-the-best-packers-games-of-2010/

Damn I'm excited. I can't wait for football.
If we can go 3-2 in these 5 games, we'll be alright. If we can go 4-1, I like our chances at a bye in the playoffs.
If we somehow go 5-0 in these 5 games, it will be a magical carpet ride a la 1996.

PACKmanN
06-30-2010, 08:58 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Charles Woodson
3. Clay Matthews
4. Nick Collins
5. Cullen Jenkins
6. Ryan Grant
7. Chad Clifton
8. Greg Jennings
9. Ryan Pickett

Clifton and Tausch should be in the top 5, with them we were able to actually move foward without taking a step back, without them, well...

J-Mike88
06-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Clifton and Tausch should be in the top 5, with them we were able to actually move foward without taking a step back, without them, well...
Agreed.... I think Adewale Ogunleye of the Bears proved how important Tauscher was to the Packers, in week one when he assaulted and accosted Rodgers all night long.
The previous 6 seasons, we never really heard that guy's name while Tauscher was in there at RT.

Clifton healthy in the 2008 opener = Jared Allen shutout and Packers win.
Since that game, Clifton not fully healthy or in vs Vikings = Jared Allen looks like Dwight Freeney and Vikings 3-0 vs us, winning division twice.

GB12
06-30-2010, 09:09 PM

Definitely have to disagree about Tauscher. I think Bulaga should be starting over him week one. Last year that was a real problem, but now with Bulaga and an improved Lang I think we could be fine without Tauscher.

Clifton is important because he's the only one we have who has proven he can play LT well in the NFL. That keeps him up there, again though, Bulaga and Lang help take it down from where he'd be last year.

TitleTown088
06-30-2010, 09:22 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Charles Woodson
3. Clay Matthews
4. Nick Collins
5. Cullen Jenkins
6. Ryan Grant
7. Chad Clifton
8. Greg Jennings
9. Ryan Pickett

Probably what I'd go with as well. Although, I think we'll see Finley up there after this season even though he's a TE.

Kind of hard to put Al on there considering the severity of his injury too.

GB12
06-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Probably what I'd go with as well. Although, I think we'll see Finley up there after this season even though he's a TE.

Kind of hard to put Al on there considering the severity of his injury too.

Yeah I think Finley will be a beast this year, but I mean we've seen our offense function perfectly fine without him so I wasn't going to rank him.

As for the tenth spot that was to mean that if we lose either of them our cornerback depth is going to be in trouble again.

TitleTown088
06-30-2010, 10:41 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Charles Woodson
3. Clay Matthews
4. Nick Collins
5. Cullen Jenkins
6. Ryan Grant
7. Chad Clifton
8. Greg Jennings
9. Ryan Pickett

Also, I know this is off topic, but Ted Thompson was intricate or had a hand in acquiring/retaining nearly every player on here. I can't wait for the day when Packer fans stop criticizing him, the guy knows football. He's probbaly built the best nucleus of young talent in the NFL. Sadly, I think some Packer " fans" won't realize that until the Packers beat Favre and win the superbowl . So this year, right?

GB12
06-30-2010, 10:46 PM
8 out of 11 counting Al Harris.

Sadly I doubt that'll ever happen, even with a Super Bowl win. There are too many butthurt Favre lovers that will always bash Thompson no matter how well he's done.

umphrey
07-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Yeah I think Finley will be a beast this year, but I mean we've seen our offense function perfectly fine without him so I wasn't going to rank him.

As for the tenth spot that was to mean that if we lose either of them our cornerback depth is going to be in trouble again.

I think Finley might be the #1 priority for the opponent defense next year. It might play out where Finley puts up beastly numbers week 1 through 8 and then defenses adjust and the receivers get some numbers. That is saying a lot about how talented I think Finley is. Also, I consider him a TE/WR because he gets a lot of snaps lined out wide. I just hope he can stay healthy. He's so big and fast his tendons and ligaments are going to get put under enormous stress then take hits from 255 lb players running at 20 mph.

J-Mike88
07-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Clifton is important because he's the only one we have who has proven he can play LT well in the NFL.
That keeps him up there, again though, Bulaga and Lang help take it down from where he'd be last year.
True on Clifton, but also true of Tauscher at RT. Bulaga hasn't proven he can play RT well in the NFL either.
Like I said earlier, in the 5 or 6 years Tauscher was our RT against the Bears, we really never heard Adewale Ogunleye's name mentioned making a sack.
That changed the one time last year against them that Tauscher wasn't blocking him. Aaron believes in him and so do I. I feel he's very under-appreciated, much like some say TT is.

GB12
07-01-2010, 03:25 PM
True on Clifton, but also true of Tauscher at RT. Bulaga hasn't proven he can play RT well in the NFL either.
Like I said earlier, in the 5 or 6 years Tauscher was our RT against the Bears, we really never heard Adewale Ogunleye's name mentioned making a sack.
That changed the one time last year against them that Tauscher wasn't blocking him. Aaron believes in him and so do I. I feel he's very under-appreciated, much like some say TT is.

Well yeah, but LT is a much more difficult transition to the NFL than RT is. And yeah, in the last 5 or 6 years Tauscher was great, but I really think he's losing it now. I'd say he has this one last season, if that, of being effective. I've said before that I think Bulaga will be a better option from the start. Tauscher had a great career as a Packer, and used to be one of the better RTs in the league, but he's becoming washed up.

PackerLegend
07-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I dont really get all the Tauscher hate... He came back from a major injury and you cant tell me that once he was back our o-line didnt play amazingly better. Tauscher didnt have any part in that? Clifton IMO is looking worse and worse every year and the guy is falling apart. There is hardly a game where Clifton doesnt come out.

TitleTown088
07-01-2010, 07:36 PM
I dont really get all the Tauscher hate... He came back from a major injury and you cant tell me that once he was back our o-line didnt play amazingly better. Tauscher didnt have any part in that? Clifton IMO is looking worse and worse every year and the guy is falling apart. There is hardly a game where Clifton doesnt come out.

I saw an interesting stat today:

Clifton and Tauscher combined for just five sacks allowed last season, while fill-ins Daryn Colledge, Allen Barbre, and T.J. Lang combined for a whopping 21.

J-Mike88
07-01-2010, 10:01 PM
*I dont really get all the Tauscher hate...

*He came back from a major injury and you cant tell me that once he was back our o-line didnt play amazingly better.

*Tauscher didnt have any part in that?

*Clifton IMO is looking worse and worse every year and the guy is falling apart.

*There is hardly a game where Clifton doesnt come out.
*****Agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed. I don't know why, but it seems like Tauscher just continues to get overlooked by a lot of Packer fans, even though we saw the dropoff when he wasn't there last year.
People shouldn't assume that the next guy will do as well. Just take the good work Tauscher quietly does and pay your respects.

Of course, as with Clifton, Driver, Harris..... they are not at their peak anymore. But I thought we all saw the offense take it up a notch once Mark was there at RT. He had a lot to do with that.

RyanBraun8
07-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Cullen Jenkins is right there with Woodson, Collins, and Clay. He may actually be the most important because he plays the most important postion (DL) that makes all those guys job possible. He just does everything so well. To me he is still on of the most underated players in the NFL. I remember when he a rookie or 2nd year guy and I saw him when he got very little time and I use to tell all the guys in the weight room that he was going to be a stud and he hasn't let me down. Hope to see him at ROLB some this season! lol

Sitton is the other guy I thing needs to find a place on there because he has been healthy and by far the most consistant and maybe the best guy on our line over the past 2 seasons

Prickett as NT I say yes, at DE not so sure but GB12 hit it pretty well on the head I think but with Sitton at 10 over Williams

umphrey
07-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Tausch is a pretty good right tackle and he makes this team better. He's not great though, and he might not even be good if he follows the expected decline. Tausch looked so good last year mostly because Barbre was so terrible. He is flat out awful and I hope he gets cut. He hasn't learned a damn thing in 3 (?) years and the only position I can see him ever having success at is RG where we already have Sitton, and a backup RG specialist with no developmental value is useless.

Sorry for the tangent, my point: Tausch is about average but he looked great because his competition sucked so much.

J-Mike88
07-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Nick Barnett on NFL Network tonight, NFL Access...... I think 6:00 CST

J-Mike88
07-02-2010, 11:44 PM
http://www.packers.com/multimedia/videos/nfl_network/video_20100702__9005290d2918__57286dd3b886/

cvv84
07-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Clay Matthews posted on Twitter that he's up to 261 lbs. Thats in the range that guys like Ware and Merriman play at. Combine that with Brad Jones' weight gain to around 250 lbs and thats around 30 more lbs on our pass rushers.

TitleTown088
07-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Clay Matthews posted on Twitter that he's up to 261 lbs. Thats in the range that guys like Ware and Merriman play at. Combine that with Brad Jones' weight gain to around 250 lbs and thats around 30 more lbs on our pass rushers.

I saw that. That would be great if he can keep his speed. His burst is essential to his pass rush. Having that speed with a 260+ pounder bull rush is his repertoire could be impressive.

umphrey
07-06-2010, 12:01 PM
He has to stay quick. I think he will. Hopefully some upper body strength will help him shed blockers better without slowing him down. It was painful watching Kampman chasing quarterbacks. They saw him coming a mile away and had plenty of time to make a decision, set and throw. That's why he got so many hurries and hits but few sacks. He could beat the OL but the quarterback saw it and had plenty of time to make a good throw.

RyanBraun8
07-08-2010, 12:48 AM
I have no doubt he will still have that quickness with the training he is doing. Most of the training you do in MMA is explosive movements and workouts so I would have to imagine his quickness/explosive is getting better. Plus he is training at MMA Athletics which is quickly becoming one of the most recognized and respected off-season training programs. So much so that Mike Smith and the Falcons strongly encourage the workout and want their players to participate there. I think they have 12 or so players this year who train there. I believe a few other teams beside a the Falcons are doing the same. Plus Randy Couture doesn't mess around and I guess Glazer (who was 1-1 in his MMA career) is also very intense.

If yor interested to learn more, here are a few links:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/marvez-on-glazer-falcons-mma-training-041610

Kind of similar to the one above
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/growing-number-of-nfl-teams-using-mma-training-programs

This one mentions Ryan Grant
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/28/sports/football/28glazer.html
If you scroll down it talks about Jared Allen and a few others
http://www.mmaathletics.tv/index.html

Man for on $1,500 a week or 5,000 a month I think I may have to make my way down there next month! ha how nice it would be to be a pro athlete

PACKmanN
07-08-2010, 01:07 AM
i would wish the Packers train in Sherk's camp. If there is a MMA camp i would wan them to go to, it's his.

princefielder28
07-10-2010, 10:08 AM
any under-the-radar guys that you're looking forward to seeing perform in TC/pre-season??? I'm anxious to see what CB D.J. Clark brings, given how thin the position is. I also wanna see what ILB Alex Joseph has, reminds me of Bishop.

TitleTown088
07-10-2010, 02:59 PM
any under-the-radar guys that you're looking forward to seeing perform in TC/pre-season??? I'm anxious to see what CB D.J. Clark brings, given how thin the position is. I also wanna see what ILB Alex Joseph has, reminds me of Bishop.

Nick Mcdonald was reportedly impressive a few weeks ago, I'm curious to see what he's got in camp.

PackerLegend
07-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Any of the young guys in the secondary.... we really need someone to step up.

jsa230
07-14-2010, 04:16 AM
If I had to make a prediction as to who we'd take right now, I'd go with Charles Brown.
. . . and we got bulaga, just a funny look back

PackerLegend
07-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Charles Woodson and 11 other people were inside a house fire. Thankfully everyone escaped uninjured.

Hawk
07-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Charles Woodson doesn't get burned

Jmohr107
07-15-2010, 08:40 PM
New Packers.com (http://packers.com). I thought the old design was nicer.

jackalope
07-16-2010, 03:24 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/07/packers-de-johnny-jolly-suspended-for-2010-season/1

Jolly suspended for the season.

GB12
07-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Well damn.

Sure makes the Neal pick look good now though.

umphrey
07-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Pretty shocking considering
-His case hasn't gone to court yet
-and we've been hearing about this for really really long and for the first time something actually happened

jackalope
07-16-2010, 03:45 PM
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2010/07/16/morgan-burnett-agrees-to-4-year-deal-with-green-bay-packers/

Burnett signs a 4 year deal. Burnett/Bigby might be the most interesting position battle this training camp.

umphrey
07-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Agreed my prediction is Burnett outperforms Bigby and the coaching staff decides to start Bigby week 1 and work Burnett in slowly maybe starting with nickel and dime then sub packages then he's 1a and Bigby is 1b. Realistically, unfortunately, Bigby gets most of the playing time but by week 4-ish one is injured and the other wins by default. Bad news if Bigby gets hurt and Burnett still doesn't play.

Mr.Regular
07-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Im a little Jolly's suspended for the whole year, maybe more, but I'm not too upset. The Neal pick now makes a ton more sense, and Jolly was an immature idiot anyway. A Pick/Raji/Jenkins line with Neal subbing in, plus Wynn/Wilson/ maybe even Harrell for depth should be good enough.
Teddy must have known this was coming.

cuzifelt1ikeit
07-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Im a little Jolly's suspended for the whole year, maybe more, but I'm not too upset. The Neal pick now makes a ton more sense, and Jolly was an immature idiot anyway. A Pick/Raji/Jenkins line with Neal subbing in, plus Wynn/Wilson/ maybe even Harrell for depth should be good enough.
Teddy must have known this was coming.

i heard they didnt know and that he was the bpa at the time of the pick

PackerLegend
07-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Isnt Jollys suspension a bit much? Isnt this really his 1st time in trouble.... or am I forgetting something because it feels like I am. Either way we are better with Jolly the player, the person not so much.

Pack_Attack_4
07-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Isnt Jollys suspension a bit much? Isnt this really his 1st time in trouble.... or am I forgetting something because it feels like I am. Either way we are better with Jolly the player, the person not so much.

Jolly could go to jail for 20 years. soo i dont think its too much to suspend him for a whole season or more till they figure out his sentence. It does suck for our team tho hes a good football player, good depth on the D line and hes got a knack for knocking balls down at the line of scrimmage. If one of our starters goes down with a injury it would of been nice to put jolly in instead of all the uproven talent we have on our D line.

Harell- never played to much always hurt

Neal- rookie

Wilson- another rookie

Wynn - never played

TitleTown088
07-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Wynn - never played

Wynn played. Granted not significantly, but He's someone who has shown some upside. He looked real good during his rookie preseason.

J-Mike88
07-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Im a little Jolly's suspended for the whole year, maybe more, but I'm not too upset......and Jolly was an immature idiot anyway.
-A little what? Disappointed or surprised?
-Agreed..... Jolly was obviously immature and an idiot. Plus his personal foul, post-play stupid penalty against Minnesota last year after a rare 3rd down stop against them cost us a touchdown and perhaps the game. It stopped our momentum. I can't forgive him for that, now I won't have to.

He never provided any pass rush anyway which killed us in the end.
He belongs in prison, good call by Teddy with the drafting & good call by Goodell to suspend him that long.

Any other players selling drugs? I remember Jamal Lewis busted for something like that....can't remember his suspension or the details.

PackerLegend
07-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Although thats true the fact remains we are better with Jolly the player then without him IMO. He is an idiot but hes not the 1st person in the NFL to do something like this. He "could" go to jail for 20 years but he wont. Alot of people face huge sentences but never actually go anywhere near that long. They haven't even finished his trial yet. He deserves it but I do hope he can learn something from this how experience and prove hes not a total piece of trash.

bored of education
07-19-2010, 09:15 PM
hey guys

love what you've done with this place. the bearskin rug really brings the room together. i hope i didnt jinx your team by picking them to win it. gluck!

TitleTown088
07-19-2010, 09:38 PM
hey guys

love what you've done with this place. the bearskin rug really brings the room together. i hope i didnt jinx your team by picking them to win it. gluck!
You can't jinx the Rodg. Thanks for the kind words though.

umphrey
07-20-2010, 08:30 AM
They should have waited until the trial IMO. Then again it was probably coming anyway and it helps everyone to know as soon as possible, like before the draft would have been great, but it happened to be that it probably wouldn't have changed anything. Maybe the brass upstairs knew this was coming long ago or just wanted to hedge their bets, regardless, good job.

umphrey
07-20-2010, 08:47 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/mag/blog/0714Freud.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/i/mag/blog/Aaron3.jpg

dibs on sig/avatar rights for the second pic (this is legally binding - expect to hear from my lawyer if you are found in violation)

Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5380493)

cvv84
07-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Dez Bryant signed. Good news for us since Bulaga was picked just before him. Not that it really matters that we have Bulaga and Neal under contract before camp but it definetly can't hurt.

J-Mike88
07-22-2010, 08:33 PM
dibs on sig/avatar rights for the second pic (this is legally binding - expect to hear from my lawyer if you are found in violation)

Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5380493)
What are you waiting for?
Dibs expire within 24-48 hours in cases such as this.

Sidenote, who do you expect ends camp as the #3 WR, Jones or Nelson?
Or will they refrain from naming that?

When will Bigby sign?

How will Graham Harrell look?

When will Justin Harrell go down, or will he shock us all and make it out of camp without malfunctioning?

How will Marshall Newhouse look?
Will he make the roster or be sent to the practice squad?

What about CJ Wilson?

Will Bulaga play RT at all in the preseason or solely LT?

umphrey
07-26-2010, 08:41 AM
What are you waiting for?
Dibs expire within 24-48 hours in cases such as this.

It will happen soon...I think. Hard to get motivated when there's no Packer news whatsoever and I check the forum maybe once a day sometimes 3-4 day gaps.

J-Mike88
07-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Right, well in the meantime, here's a little appetizer for you guys, or should I say, a treat. ENJOY, gentlemen !

urF-RBgKRPs&feature=related
ncoblvNQC48&feature=related

PackerLegend
07-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Who invited the chick that doesnt understand anything and asks 4306303 questions lol. I wish we could see the best part when they lose and watch all the poor little Viqueens cry.

J-Mike88
07-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Who invited the chick that doesnt understand anything and asks 4306303 questions lol. I wish we could see the best part when they lose and watch all the poor little Viqueens cry.
LOL, I know!
Always the girls ask such stupid questions and at the wrong time. They're meant to be either cheerleaders on the sideline, or serve food & beer.

Those guys are kind to not have smacked her there.

princefielder28
07-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Mike Neal signed

J-Mike88
07-26-2010, 06:56 PM
The business end of things will take care of itself here.
Thank goodness we're not dealing with a Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeal situation.
Atari Bigby seems to be the closest we have to that, but he'll be there too I believe. I saw some tweeting from him within the past day or two.... I think he's just hoping to get 100% healthy.

Pack_Attack_4
07-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Mike Neal signed

Ths good to hear, that jus leaves Bulaga to sighn. Also Dez Bryant sighnd a couple days ago and he was drafted near Bulaga soo hopefully thy can get his contract done B4 camp starts.

TitleTown088
07-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Atari Bigby seems to be the closest we have to that

He signed his tender today.

J-Mike88
07-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Pro Football Focus, QB Rankings
http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=QB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

AGOD

PackerLegend
07-28-2010, 04:19 PM
When is family night again?

princefielder28
07-28-2010, 10:27 PM
When is family night again?

a week from saturday, i believe

J-Mike88
07-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Devil's Advocate

Someone convince me why this thinking is wrong.

The Packers cannot win the NFC because their weakness is going to get exposed by the strength of their competition, mainly the Vikings and Saints. That's pass defense.

The Packers were eliminated last year because Kurt Warner went 1984-Dan Marino on them. But Warner was obviously not the only one who did that to this defense. Favre did it twice (and with Al Harris still there both times), and Roethlisberger did it as well. The injury to Harris is not an excuse. This team's pass defense is simply suspect.

And we didn't even have to play Brees and the Saints, who would also have thrown for 400+ on us. Remember the year before on Monday night when Brees had a perfect passer rating against our guys?

Two different schemes, DC's, but same DB coaches and same DBs basically, so there's something very very troubling about our pass defense that I feel has still not been corrected. I worry that our DB coaches aren't up to par, or else the CB's other than Woodson are overrated.

Other than hope and wishful thinking, is there anything anyone can say to get me to believe that our pass coverage & overall pass defense is going to be a lot better?

By the way, I love love love love this play in history. Maybe my favorite single play in NFL history aside from our Super Bowl wins.
pUigYU2B-TQ You can't see it too often if you're a Packer fan. I still have it on my DVR.

PACKmanN
07-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Devil's Advocate

Someone convince me why this thinking is wrong.

The Packers cannot win the NFC because their weakness is going to get exposed by the strength of their competition, mainly the Vikings and Saints. That's pass defense.

The Packers were eliminated last year because Kurt Warner went 1984-Dan Marino on them. But Warner was obviously not the only one who did that to this defense. Favre did it twice (and with Al Harris still there both times), and Roethlisberger did it as well. The injury to Harris is not an excuse. This team's pass defense is simply suspect.

And we didn't even have to play Brees and the Saints, who would also have thrown for 400+ on us. Remember the year before on Monday night when Brees had a perfect passer rating against our guys?

Two different schemes, DC's, but same DB coaches and same DBs basically, so there's something very very troubling about our pass defense that I feel has still not been corrected. I worry that our DB coaches aren't up to par, or else the CB's other than Woodson are overrated.

Other than hope and wishful thinking, is there anything anyone can say to get me to believe that our pass coverage & overall pass defense is going to be a lot better?

By the way, I love love love love this play in history. Maybe my favorite single play in NFL history aside from our Super Bowl wins.
pUigYU2B-TQ You can't see it too often if you're a Packer fan. I still have it on my DVR.

its a different DB coach, I think with a year into the scheme for the front 7 the guys have learned the basics so now they have to get more advanced with the system and that should improve the pass rush which improves the play of the secondary

princefielder28
07-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Our pass defense suffers because there are holes in talent, Burnett should fix one of the holes, and a lack of pass rush, like packmann mentioned. Matthews is really our only threat to the opposing offense when it comes to rushing the passer and it is disappointing that we failed to address that position of OLB at all during the off-season. If Woodson or Matthews were to go down for any period of the season then we would be hurting so bad; i know that can be said about any team out there, if they lose their best players then they'll be hurting, but we also lack depth behind our studs on defense too.

princefielder28
07-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Bulaga has signed

The_Dude
07-30-2010, 11:03 AM
What is the word on James Starks? I have grant in a dynasty league and i'm wondering if i need to worry about drafting starks as a handcuff for the near future. I know that jackson is currently the #2 guy, but that shouldn't last, should it?

thanks for any information/advice.

J-Mike88
07-30-2010, 11:26 AM
What is the word on James Starks? I have grant in a dynasty league and i'm wondering if i need to worry about drafting starks as a handcuff for the near future. I know that jackson is currently the #2 guy, but that shouldn't last, should it?

The word is we have not had a chance to see him yet.
We also have seen as many 2008 Buffalo University games as you have probably, but he seems talented but raw, and also has been a bit injury-prone so far.

I wouldn't bank too much on Starks. It's Grant here and if Grant gets hurt, than I'd expect Brandon Jackson to get more work.

Even if Starks looks good in the preseason, it may not mean much considering Ty Sutton looked like Darren Sproles last preseason but it wasn't even enough to make the roster. Although Sutton wasn't drafted and Starks was, which is more important than production actually, in the preseason.

princefielder28
07-30-2010, 12:56 PM

I would get Starks if I were you and stash him away for a couple of seasons. I believe he's got a strong chance to be the Packers' back in 2012. Starks' injury was the pectoral so I wouldn't consider him an injur risk, he runs hard, and does a wonderful job of catching the ball out of the backfield; something that will be very intriguing to the Packers' staff.

GB12
07-30-2010, 02:16 PM
I like Starks a lot, but I certainly wouldn't worry about getting him yet. Grant is the guy here and will get almost all the carries. Brandon Jackson will still start the season as the number two as well, but even if Starks jumps ahead of Jackson it won't matter. Last year Jackson got just 37 carries. There is no reason to even consider picking up Starks this year.

J-Mike88
07-30-2010, 07:09 PM
I keep hearing chatter about Lumpkin, but I really closed the door on him already, even though I liked him a lot his first year. Seems like a guy who just isn't durable.

Where is Deshawn Wynn these days by the way? UFL?
Maybe he should get arrested and then he'll probably get a look from the Bengals.

TitleTown088
07-30-2010, 07:45 PM

I'll be looking to get Starks in my dynasty league late and stash him for awhile. The only thing that worries with him is his health.

GB12
07-30-2010, 08:24 PM
So now Al Harris might be ready by week one

TitleTown088
07-31-2010, 01:43 AM
So now Al Harris might be ready by week one

I saw that. That would be great. Heck, I'd be thrilled if he were back by week 4.

J-Mike88
07-31-2010, 10:37 AM
I like Starks a lot, but I certainly wouldn't worry about getting him yet. Grant is the guy here and will get almost all the carries. Brandon Jackson will still start the season as the number two as well, but even if Starks jumps ahead of Jackson it won't matter. Last year Jackson got just 37 carries. There is no reason to even consider picking up Starks this year.
July 31 Update on Starks:
Starks, a sixth-round pick, first pulled his hamstring after the first week of OTAs in late May.

“It is the injury that occurred in the spring, and it has come back on him,” McCarthy said.

There were questions about Starks’ durability when he came out of the University of Buffalo. He hasn’t played since 2008, his junior season. He missed all of his senior year because of a torn labrum.
I wouldn't put many eggs at all on Starks at this point.
I'd actually bet that at least 3 guys have more yards rushing for the Packers this season than Starks will. As for next season, I see many better dynasty league options than Starks. It's very uncommon for guys banged up in college suddenly becoming durable in the NFL.

TitleTown088
07-31-2010, 11:30 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/99661694.html

Starting to look more and more like Burnett could get that starting job. Atari seems to have really hurt himself this off season. Not showing up to OTAs and minicamp is one thing, not taking care of an injury like that is another.

PackerLegend
07-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Bigby's brain must be the size of a peanut. Why was this guy expecting to get more money in the first place? He certainly didn't deserve it. He did make some impact plays in the past when he wasn't hurt, but at this point I don't think alot of people care if he remains with this team. Here is to hoping Morgan Burnett is the answer.

Finally training camp starts.... Were getting so close to the season can't wait!

J-Mike88
07-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Don't forget:

In two games against Minnesota, one against Pittsburgh and the playoff loss to Arizona, quarterbacks Brett Favre, Ben Roethlisberger and Kurt Warner combined to throw 15 touchdown passes and 0 interceptions.

They completed 99 of 138 passes (71.7%) for 1,397 yards and combined for an average passer rating of 140.3. I think that's 349 yards per game.

Mileage like that is not a fluke.
Can Capers fix it, does he have enough cover ability on the roster to solve it?

J-Mike88
07-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Sam Shields making some plays today in practice.

Also: Adam_Schefter: Percy Harvin AND DeSean Jackson were each carted off field today? Whoa. Two franchises -- and every fantasy draft -- could be affected.

princefielder28
07-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Sam Shields making some plays today in practice.

Also: Adam_Schefter: Percy Harvin AND DeSean Jackson were each carted off field today? Whoa. Two franchises -- and every fantasy draft -- could be affected.

both players will be fine

Favre4ever
08-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Don't forget:

In two games against Minnesota, one against Pittsburgh and the playoff loss to Arizona, quarterbacks Brett Favre, Ben Roethlisberger and Kurt Warner combined to throw 15 touchdown passes and 0 interceptions.

They completed 99 of 138 passes (71.7%) for 1,397 yards and combined for an average passer rating of 140.3. I think that's 349 yards per game.

Mileage like that is not a fluke.
Can Capers fix it, does he have enough cover ability on the roster to solve it?

I think many people put too much emphasis on the covering skills of this squad. When healthy, Woodz, Harris, Tramon, Collins, Bigby/Burnett, Lee and Underwood is pretty solid with potential to be a great squad. To me, it all comes down to the D line. Can we get some push down the middle and get in the face of these guys so Matthews and Jones can be a factor?? The likes of Favre, Big ben and Warner didnt kill us because we couldnt cover but mostly because they had all day to throw. The stat you forgot to put in there is the sack total between these three games which is one. I think management understood that by drafting DLinemen and no CBs in this years draft.

This defense is all about pressure, if theres no pressure the cover guys cannot go to work, especially since this defense is mostly zone-based. they feed of the pressure. I dont care if you have a team full of D Revis, if theres no pressure, you cannot cover them all day. The Arizona game is the best example, nobody got even close to get in Warner's face. Raji, Jenkins, Pickett, Neal, Wilson will be the key guys to watch this year if they can not only stop the run like last year but also be disruptive inside.

PackerLegend
08-01-2010, 12:48 AM
I remember that MNF game against the Vikings.. At one point Favre had so much time he could have made himself a sandwich. It was like 8 seconds or so wasn't it? Just 0 pressure.

J-Mike88
08-01-2010, 07:55 AM
It does start up front with the pass rush.
But as LeRoy Butler said, you can't win with Jarrett Bush as your nickel back.

#1- If our DB hasn't improved enough that Jarrett Bush ever still has to play, then I'm worried. Also, Underwood and Pat Lee have proven nothing at this point, reminiscent of Barbre and Giacomini a year ago. I hope we see different results here.

#2- About the pass rush, is adding Neal & Wilson & Zombo enough to make the difference? We actually had some good pressure against Roethlisberger. He was sacked by both Matthews and Jones and I think Cullen Jenkins, and Jenkins had a free run at him on the 2nd last play of the game where if he sacked the big rapist, the game would have ended. That was just terrible coverage that day.

TitleTown088
08-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Sure am seeing Jordyz's name come up a good deal in the first few practices.

TitleTown088
08-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Video of 1st practice: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/99701724.html

This videos are awesome, but you have to hurry up and watch them because they can't keep them up very long for some reason.

J-Mike88
08-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Video of 1st practice: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/99701724.html

Good stuff, thanks TT88.
Boy, does Bedard have a voice for print journalism.

Hey, where's Waldo?

umphrey
08-01-2010, 02:46 PM
It makes some sense what Bigby did. Sore ankle, beloved rookie trying to take your job (thinking he might with the ankle and lack of production for 2 years). Holding out and trying to get a payday might have worked. Of course that is worse for the Packers, and I'm not going to expect much out of a player that would rather negotiate. Give me a competitor.

We should definitely keep Sam Shields if he shows anything in camp. He's a track star so if he goes out there and shows football skills he should be on the team. With us being so desperate for healthy DBs and KR/PR, we can't afford to let a good (or serviceable) one get away.

J-Mike88
08-01-2010, 03:06 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/photos/99697534.html?index=4

Am I missing something here about Frank Zombo?
Anyone...... ?

J-Mike88
08-01-2010, 03:09 PM
How tall is Graham Harrell?
I thought he was 6-2, same as Rodgers.
http://media.jsonline.com/images/600*500/mjs-packers01_-spt_-sieu_-16-packers01a.jpg

TitleTown088
08-01-2010, 04:07 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/99723839.html

Another vid.

RyanBraun8
08-01-2010, 10:43 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/photos/99697534.html?index=4

Am I missing something here about Frank Zombo?
Anyone...... ?

My guess is he went for a few extra coats during his last spray tan session...turned out a tad bit darker than he planned on, ha but actually the guy recovering the fumble is OLB Robert Francois from BC and Frank Zombo is the man just about to start the drill. I'm not sure if that was what you were referring to but yeah.

Coverage is hard to blame on just on position. DL needs to lock up as many OL's as possible so the LB's can work freely, the LB then need to put the pressure on quick as possible to help the DB's and the DB's have the toughest job because if the first 2 screw up they will need to try to cover a person for a much longer amount of time. (Extremely difficult). They had there faults but the defensive as a whole and the front 7 should take a ton of heat also. When Favre in two games and Warner in the playoffs don't even get touched....they will do that to darn near every team in the NFL. Revis Island would be in galped by the ocean if the Jets had that horrendous of a pass rush.

So 3 of the 4 games you love to tear the Packers secondary apart for we had no pass rush what so ever.

Vikings first game: 0 Sacks 1 Hits 4 Pressures in 33 drop backs (pressure 15% of time on pass plays)

Vikings second game: 0 Sacks 4 Hits 6 Pressures in 28 drop backs (pressure 36% of the time pass plays)

Arizona in playoffs: 1 Sack 3 Hits 5 Pressures in 36 drop backs (pressure 25% of the time on passing plays.

If 70% of the time you give guys like Favre and Warner....two of the oldest, smartest, future Hall of Fame QB's (Some will debate Warner) all day, they will tear you apart...and they did.

Steelers: 5 Sacks 1 Hit 15 Pressures = Secondary's fault

umphrey
08-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Will we see some Justin Harrell in multiple NFL games this year?

I'm surprisingly optimistic. I'd give it like a 30% chance as opposed to the "no way" stance I've had for the past year or two.

Mike Neal is my favorite rookie right now. Great potential in him. He's such a perfect fit for a 3-4 team that needs help rushing the passer and has some good big guys that can rotate in some downs.

badgerbacker
08-02-2010, 09:50 AM
How tall is Graham Harrell?
I thought he was 6-2, same as Rodgers.
http://media.jsonline.com/images/600*500/mjs-packers01_-spt_-sieu_-16-packers01a.jpgI think that picture is a little deceiving just because of where each person is in his stride. Harrell's knee is bent and he's at about the lowest point in his stride, while Flynn and Rodgers are fully extended and at the tallest point in their strides.

J-Mike88
08-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Doesn't CJ Wilson have a knack for sacking QB's?
Would we expect him or Neal to be better at collapsing pockets and getting to QBs?

I have to admit, I've only read about Wilson, haven't actually seen any East Carolina games where he sacked QBs, but it soulds like that's the dude's specialty.

I also am excited about Big Mike.