PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

bearsfan_51
12-27-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm watching NFL live and the bottom line said if N.Y. and G.B win then G.B gets in because of strengh of victory. Someone help me out here.
Not really. You would need like 4-5 games to fall a certain way. Basically if the Giants win, you'll need a miracle.
no then we just need another 7-8 team to win to create a three way tie
No, that's if the Giants lose and the Rams win. If the Giants win and you win, you'll need to win in the strength of victory, which would require about 5-6 different things all happening.

TitleTown088
12-27-2006, 06:02 PM
this is from brett favre's official website...
Brett Favre will make his decision if he will return after he receives his surgery. Favre is expected to have the surgery in Green Bay immediately after the Packers complete there season. He will return home and evaluate the success of the surgery and come to a final decision with his family.

good to know the packers will know his future rigth away this season.

TitleTown088
12-27-2006, 07:20 PM
also here is somthing interesting on manuel that i saw some one say........

Aside from a few blown coverages due to S miscommunication, Manuel has stepped up his play this year for us and like Collins on the other side of the field, he has made plays when it counts.

Last year he posted in 16 games these Totals in a good Seahawks Secondary.

Tackles: 71
Solo: 58
Ast: 13
Sck: 0
FF: 1
FR: 1
INT: 0
DefTD: 0
PD: 2

This year in so far 15 games he has posted these stats:

Tackles: 80-Career High
Solo: 62-Career High
Ast: 18-Career High
Sck: 0
FF: 0
FR: 0
INT: 1-Career High
DefTD: 1 Career High
PD: 1

He has not been used but frequently in blitz packages, but hes been stout against the run. Manuel as we know inst the Turnover Machine, but he makes key play nonetheless.

anyone agree??

jpapa4490
12-27-2006, 10:29 PM
But manuel didn't start for the seahawks the entire year so it's kinda hard to come to any conclusion.

TitleTown088
12-27-2006, 11:07 PM
But manuel didn't start for the seahawks the entire year so it's kinda hard to come to any conclusion.

are you sure? i thought he got hurt in the playoffs?

SterlingSharpe
12-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Manuel needs to be upgraded next season. For sure.
Michael Lewis in FA from Philly, or draft LaRon Landry from LSU.

He was not a starter last season in Philly, only because Ken Hamlin almost got killed and was out.

12-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Manuel needs to be upgraded next season. For sure.
Michael Lewis in FA from Philly, or draft LaRon Landry from LSU.

He was not a starter last season in Philly, only because Ken Hamlin almost got killed and was out.
Micheal Lewis isn't even starting in philly, he isn't very good anymore.

I like the idea of drafting either Landry or Nelson with our first pick.

jpapa4490
12-28-2006, 12:07 PM

are you sure? i thought he got hurt in the playoffs?

He did, but he filled in for hamlin after he got in a bar fight or sumthin.

Jim Jim
12-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Manuel started most of the season last year for the Seahawks.

cheesehead10790
12-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Our defense (other than woodson) is young and will be good in a couple years. I dont really want to use our first rounder on defense again. Ahman is on his way out. I like Marshawn Lynch out of Cal for our #1. Or maybe if were super lucky AD will fall to us.

Jim Jim
12-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Defense wins championships. It may even coax Favre to stick around with knowing that his defense could actually create turnovers and keep them in games.

We have secondary issues and it's more pressing than our running back situation.

cheesehead10790
12-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Defense wins championships. It may even coax Favre to stick around with knowing that his defense could actually create turnovers and keep them in games.

We have secondary issues and it's more pressing than our running back situation.

Ya i understand that. But its not that we dont have the components to have a great defense, its that they are all young. They will be good with time.

However, offense is getting old with Favre and Green in the backfield. I want Favre back but let Green go or maybe a sign and trade deal.

sik wit it
12-28-2006, 02:43 PM

Ya i understand that. But its not that we dont have the components to have a great defense, its that they are all young. They will be good with time.

However, offense is getting old with Favre and Green in the backfield. I want Favre back but let Green go or maybe a sign and trade deal.
i'd let green stick around one more year because he has shown he still has it

GB12
12-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Our defense (other than woodson) is young and will be good in a couple years. I dont really want to use our first rounder on defense again. Ahman is on his way out. I like Marshawn Lynch out of Cal for our #1. Or maybe if were super lucky AD will fall to us.

Harris is older, and Woodson is only 30.

cheesehead10790
12-28-2006, 03:18 PM

Well idk about that. He has no explosion. He is fine if we need to grind it out and waste time, but he never rips runs over 20 yards like he used to. Lynch is explosive and should be available for us at our pick between 15-25.

Boston
12-28-2006, 03:23 PM

Well idk about that. He has no explosion. He is fine if we need to grind it out and waste time, but he never rips runs over 20 yards like he used to. Lynch is explosive and should be available for us at our pick between 15-

I don't think you're looking for the term "explosion," rather, speed.

cheesehead10790
12-28-2006, 03:31 PM

Well idk about that. He has no explosion. He is fine if we need to grind it out and waste time, but he never rips runs over 20 yards like he used to. Lynch is explosive and should be available for us at our pick between 15-

No i mean like if you watch a dive play, instead of lowering his head and driving through, he just kinda falls on the pile. It seems of the hole isnt there, he doesnt try.

sik wit it
12-28-2006, 04:47 PM

No i mean like if you watch a dive play, instead of lowering his head and driving through, he just kinda falls on the pile. It seems of the hole isnt there, he doesnt try.
it seems that is morency's job. Green for power, Morency for breaking one.

roughrider30
12-28-2006, 05:26 PM

it seems that is morency's job. Green for power, Morency for breaking one.

ya but neither are really playmakers at this point. Morency may improve, but right now i see him as only a third down or change of pace back.
and like cheesehead wrote, Green isnt able to get big 20 yard gains like he used to. He cant make his own holes, which i think Lynch can do.

IMO a playmaking offensive player is our biggest need in the offseason. We need someone esle that can score consistently other than Driver.

Manuel was bad at the start of the season, but the last few weeks he hasnt played that bad. I dont think our safety need in the offseason is that big, especially with the young depth there. I dont want to see a 1st ound pick spent on a safety this year.

GB12
12-28-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm kind of moving away from safety again too. Manuel gives up some big plays but he's not as terrible as we make him out to be. Then Culver has'nt been anything special but he's been ok. And Underwood comes back. He was making great progress before he got hurt and was pushing to start.

I have changed my mind on who I want in the draft so many times as we have many needs but they are all about equally needed. I think we can get by on Green/Morency for another year but it might be best to go Lynch.

70challenger457
12-28-2006, 08:16 PM
I'm kind of moving away from safety again too. Manuel gives up some big plays but he's not as terrible as we make him out to be. Then Culver has'nt been anything special but he's been ok. And Underwood comes back. He was making great progress before he got hurt and was pushing to start.

I have changed my mind on who I want in the draft so many times as we have many needs but they are all about equally needed. I think we can get by on Green/Morency for another year but it might be best to go Lynch.
I'd perfer lynch most myself

Nitschke-Hawk
12-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Ahman Green hasn't had the blocking to break big runs, for whatever reason, if you look at the replays on the few 20 yarders Morency had he's had a linemen or two getting into the secondary where he only has to evade one or two tacklers at the most.

sik wit it
12-28-2006, 11:10 PM
Marshawn had a decent showing in his Holiday bowl game against A&M. 20 rushes for 114 yards, two touchdowns(2,2). 3 receptions for 17 yards.

cheesehead10790
12-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Marshawn had a decent showing in his Holiday bowl game against A&M. 20 rushes for 114 yards, two touchdowns(2,2). 3 receptions for 17 yards.

And that was against a decent team too. Lynch is a gamebreaker. We need somebody like him. Id rather have AD but we dont have a shot at him now.

Jim Jim
12-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Alright. QUICK POLL.

We're sitting there in the first round and...

Marshawn Lynch and LaRon Landry are both still available. Who do you select?

I go with Landry.

Boston
12-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Alright. QUICK POLL.

We're sitting there in the first round and...

Marshawn Lynch and LaRon Landry are both still available. Who do you select?

I go with Landry.

Offense needs playmakers, Lynch.

12-29-2006, 01:03 PM
I beleive in building a team through defense and also our safeties are weaker than our running backs. So I go with Landry.

Boston
12-29-2006, 01:05 PM
I beleive in building a team through defense and also our safeties are weaker than our running backs. So I go with Landry.

I wouldn't be surprised. I think he's a Thompson type of guy. Didn't he start all four years at LSU?

Jim Jim
12-29-2006, 01:10 PM

I wouldn't be surprised. I think he's a Thompson type of guy. Didn't he start all four years at LSU?

I do believe so.

ny10804
12-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Landry is still my favorite pick.

Jim Jim
12-29-2006, 01:15 PM
I think we should make a play for Lions WR Mike Furry in the off season.

12-29-2006, 01:22 PM
I think we should make a play for Lions WR Mike Furry in the off season.Is he a free agent? Because if he is than definately. But if not than I don't think I can see the Lions trading him.

GB12
12-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Right Now my pick is Lynch.

cheesehead10790
12-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Im all for Lynch with 1st pick. BUT if we decide to go defense again with our first rounder how about we make a deal for Byron Leftwich (assuming Favre retires) and then pick up Michael Turner off FA. I like both those guys a lot. They both play with a lot of heart.

Jim Jim
12-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Brett Favre isn't going to retire, but if he does, I don't want Leftwich. We're going to hand over the team to Rodgers and that scares the hell out of me.

TitleTown088
12-29-2006, 02:58 PM
no leftwitch.

SterlingSharpe
12-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Did you guys WATCH the game last night?
Marshawn is good no doubt, but Forsett looked better. For sure is faster.

A new RB won't make much difference to us next year, so I don't want to take one in round ONE. I want to add a good piece to the puzzle at a position we need to upgrade.

LaRon Landry is perfect, but he might not be there.
WR Sidney Rice is perfect on offense, and we know we have had great success with South Carolina WRs before with me, and Robert Brooks. Hell, I bet we could get Troy Williamson and turn him into the Pro Bowler he was supposed to be, until he went to THAT team.

Taking Kenny Irons in round 2 would be okay with me perhaps. Or Gary Russell in round 5. He might be better in the NFL than Lynch anyway. He matched Laurence Maroney's numbers at the U of M in 2005. I don't care about his school grades.

ny10804
12-29-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm 90 percent sure the resurgent Redskins will beat the Strahan, Shockey-less Giants. It's almost a guarantee the Panthers will beat the Saints; the Panthers will be getting daylight come and you gotta Delhomme back, they'll be playing for their playoff lives, and more importanly the Saints will rest their starters extensively.

That being said, our playoff chances come down to us beating the Bears. Moreover, it comes down to whether Lovie rests his starters: if we couldn't score (more than 17 points) versus the Lions or the Vikings, how many points will we put up against the Bears' D at full strength? Look to week one for that answer... well, we'd probably score some seeing that Tommie Harris is out, but still....

Here's to Lovie beening sensible and resting his starters, doing so may be our only chance...

SterlingSharpe
12-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Tommie Harris out up front, and safety Mike Brown anchoring the D-backfield.
He always kills us.

But it's too bad the gangster thug gorilla TANK WILLIAMS is back for this game after his suspension for numerous gun charges.

Why didn't the NFL suspend him for the season like they did Koren Robinson?

Are guns not as dangerous as drinking?
I think they both are, so why one game for their guy and 16 for our guy?
Tank-Brain already was arrested twice before this.

cheesehead10790
12-29-2006, 07:30 PM
I doubt they rest their starters. The Bears have been and always will be assholes and theyre going to try and ruin Favre's chance at the playoffs. I wouldnt doubt Lovie starting his entire line-up even into the 4th quarter. But hell I dont even care, with Brett leading the way I think we have a legit shot at winning regardless who they have starting.

Jim Jim
12-29-2006, 07:34 PM
This team is a lot different than the team that lined up on the field for week one.

I think we have a good shot regardless.

bearsfan_51
12-29-2006, 07:44 PM
I doubt they rest their starters. The Bears have been and always will be assholes and theyre going to try and ruin Favre's chance at the playoffs. I wouldnt doubt Lovie starting his entire line-up even into the 4th quarter. But hell I dont even care, with Brett leading the way I think we have a legit shot at winning regardless who they have starting.
:lol: :lol:

So the Bears are assholes because they aren't going to lay down and let you win? Good one.

And trust me, they don't give a crap about ending "Favre's chance at the playoffs" (nice of you to ignore the other 52 players on your team). We're far more focused on getting geared up for the playoffs than any sort of made-up personal vendetta. Personally I would MUCH rather the Packers make the playoffs than the Giants or the Panthers.

As for the previous post. Your argument is drastically flawed. First of all, Koren didn't get in trouble for drinking, he got in trouble for getting wasted and driving multiple times. The last time, I believe, was 80mph in a 35 mph zone. Is that more dangerous than owning a gun and shooting on your own property? Yes, yes it is.

Secondly, the Bears suspended Tank for a game. They didn't have to do anything at all. The league could still suspend Tank if they'd like.

And I hope the "thug gorilla" wasn't racially motivated. Although I can't see how it couldn't be.

The Giants are probably going to win tommorow anyway. And even if they don't, to call the Panthers a "lock" to beat the Saints is a bit much. They are going to try to win.

cheesehead10790
12-29-2006, 07:52 PM
:lol: :lol:

So the Bears are assholes because they aren't going to lay down and let you win? Good one.

And trust me, they don't give a crap about ending "Favre's chance at the playoffs" (nice of you to ignore the other 52 players on your team). We're far more focused on getting geared up for the playoffs than any sort of made-up personal vendetta. Personally I would MUCH rather the Packers make the playoffs than the Giants or the Panthers.

As for the previous post. Your argument is drastically flawed. First of all, Koren didn't get in trouble for drinking, he got in trouble for getting wasted and driving multiple times. The last time, I believe, was 80mph in a 35 mph zone. Is that more dangerous than owning a gun and shooting on your own property? Yes, yes it is.

Secondly, the Bears suspended Tank for a game. They didn't have to do anything at all. The league could still suspend Tank if they'd like.

And I hope the "thug gorilla" wasn't racially motivated. Although I can't see how it couldn't be.

The Giants are probably going to win tommorow anyway. And even if they don't, to call the Panthers a "lock" to beat the Saints is a bit much. They are going to try to win.

Haha first of all i knew what i said would get a rise out of you. But anyways, lets face the facts here, nobody else on the Packers is a future HOFer possibly retiring this season. We all know it means more to Brett than anybody else on the team.

Im not going to get in an argument with you but this is the Packers thread so youve got to expect people here to be trashing the inter division rival teams here. :wink:

Windy
12-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Brady Poppinga recently announced.

jackalope
12-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Brady Poppinga recently announced.what?

cheesehead10790
12-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Brady Poppinga recently announced.

Im hoping he announced his retirement...

Windy
12-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Yea to the extent of media. He acknowledged his passion for badminton and wants to pursue a pro badminton career. He is expected to be drafted in the Pro Badminton Draft. The Portland Thunder and The Newark Rocks have brought him in for workouts according to the Green Bay Area Newspapers.

Boston
12-29-2006, 11:00 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=547426

TT better not **** that up.

ny10804
12-30-2006, 12:05 AM

TT better not *********** that up.

He'll be signed. I'd bet my bottom dollar on that.

cheesehead10790
12-30-2006, 12:22 AM

TT better not *********** that up.

Im sure he will. Jenkins is going to want more money (which he deserves) but cheapass TT wont give it to him. Hes going to "save" it for no reason at all.

Hopeful offseason acquisitions (that will never happen because TT is stingy): Tony Gonzalez, Michael Turner, Adalius Thomas, Dwight Freeny, London Fletcher, Lance Briggs or Nate Clements.

GB12
12-30-2006, 12:26 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=547452

Rates how the rookies have done.

TitleTown088
12-30-2006, 09:33 AM
This team is a lot different than the team that lined up on the field for week one.

I think we have a good shot regardless.

Exactly. This isn't the team we saw get destroyed in week one( i hope), our rookies have some more expirance and i honestly think we have a shot to win this game regardless of who plays for the bears. sure, the bears are the better team this year, but they are also very up and down. Who knows which rex will show up? the 6 turnover rex, or the guy we got in week one.....plus we play better on the road anyways for some reason.

also i saw some one say strahan is out? is that true? i thought he came back?

ny10804
12-30-2006, 09:50 AM

No, he reinjured his foot and is out. Shockey is also out.

jackalope
12-30-2006, 10:34 AM

No, he reinjured his foot and is out. Shockey is also out.without shockey and strahan i don't think the giants will win tonight.

SterlingSharpe
12-30-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm pretty new to THIS forum, but something disappoints me, and puzzles me.

Every time I come to the TEAM forum, the Packers are midway down the pack, like 15th, which means there were 14 other team forums active more recently that ours.
We should dominate and always be active and near the top. But I notice that we do lead in posts, so what's the deal here?

Is there a technical problem here with our Packers forum? Often when I click to the last page, it has a problem and says something like NO TOPIC or NO POSTS.....

Anyone here with any info on all this here?
Where are the PACKER VETERANS in here?
Who are the kings here?

TitleTown088
12-30-2006, 04:18 PM

Every time I come to the TEAM forum, the Packers are midway down the pack, like 15th, which means there were 14 other team forums active more recently that ours.
We should dominate and always be active and near the top. But I notice that we do lead in posts, so what's the deal here?

Is there a technical problem here with our Packers forum? Often when I click to the last page, it has a problem and says something like NO TOPIC or NO POSTS.....

Who are the kings here?

do you post on packersnews.com?

jackalope
12-30-2006, 06:58 PM

Who are the kings here?we actually used to be in 2nd for pages, with a large margin between us and 3rd. one day the board screwed up and all team threads were lost. the extra page is kinda weird but it happens a lot to large threads.

we're 3rd in pages now

roughrider30
12-30-2006, 07:26 PM
How about Randle El with that pass and the catch by Moss! Niceeeee

Lets go skins!

jackalope
12-30-2006, 07:33 PM

Lets go skins!our chances are looking alright. i think it's gonna come down to a win tomorrow night. i like the sunday night game since we'll no exactly what it means.

TitleTown088
12-30-2006, 08:38 PM

Lets go skins!our chances are looking alright. i think it's gonna come down to a win tomorrow night. i like the sunday night game since we'll no exactly what it means.

not anymore, things are looking grim now.

cuzifelt1ikeit
12-30-2006, 08:40 PM

GB12
12-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Every time I check the Giants score again.

jackalope
12-30-2006, 09:20 PM

not anymore, things are looking grim now. :( we've gotta have the skins get a huge 4th quarter comeback

cuzifelt1ikeit
12-30-2006, 09:23 PM

not anymore, things are looking grim now. :( we've gotta have the skins get a huge 4th quarter comebacklots of time. their defense has to step up. there only down by 2 td's

roughrider30
12-30-2006, 09:28 PM

not anymore, things are looking grim now. :( we've gotta have the skins get a huge 4th quarter comebacklots of time. their defense has to step up. there only down by 2 td's

we just have to pray for another fourth quarter miracle like the Arizona game. Come on Washington! :evil:

jackalope
12-30-2006, 09:29 PM

we just have to pray for another fourth quarter miracle like the Arizona game. Come on Washington! :evil:it's looking alright now. i hope they pull it out.

GB12
12-30-2006, 09:30 PM
21-27 Damn I wish I could see this.

SterlingSharpe
12-30-2006, 09:37 PM
TitleTown088

Yes I do, all the time, but nobody there knows anything about other teams or college, other than the Badgers....

REDSKINS are within 6, and the NYG have a 3rd & 5.........
ELI, how bout a INT...
INCOMPLETE!
but now the REFS called DEFENSIVE HOLDING!

BASTARDS !!!!

drowe
12-30-2006, 09:39 PM
bummer...looking grim...but, its cool...just to still be alive in week 17 exceeded my expectations....besides, do we really want the distinction of being the worst team ever to make the playoffs?

drowe
12-30-2006, 09:40 PM
now, we're ******.

SterlingSharpe
12-30-2006, 09:40 PM
SHIIIIIIIIIT

Tiki just did it again!
50-yard TD run

the guy had TWO TDs on the WHOLE season, now has THREE tonight?????
WTF

SterlingSharpe
12-30-2006, 09:43 PM
are we actually ALLOWED to swear in this forum?
really, i'd like to know...... seems like it, which is good since this is the real world.

tiki has 227 yards tonight, a NYG franchise all time record. and this guy's retiring.... would have been his final game had he been contained tonight.

great defense WASHINGTON
thanks for nothing

Boston
12-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Well, it's good to see the Washington defense sucks.

cuzifelt1ikeit
12-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Well, it's good to see the Washington defense sucks.how is that good again?

Boston
12-30-2006, 09:57 PM

*Sarcasm*

GB12
12-30-2006, 10:02 PM
they get the ball back and go 4 and out. :evil:

cuzifelt1ikeit
12-30-2006, 10:04 PM

*Sarcasm*gotchya this sucks

Vince Lombardi
12-30-2006, 10:04 PM
are we actually ALLOWED to swear in this forum?
really, i'd like to know...... seems like it, which is good since this is the real world.

no, they're actually pretty strict about keeping things PG13. Most swear words are filtered out, but there's ways around that. :twisted:

**** damn ***** redskins :evil:

GB12
12-30-2006, 10:08 PM
We can still make all we need is a win, ARI win, DET win, MIA win, MIN win, SF win, CAR loss, HOU loss, TB loss.

In other words, we're ******* screwed.

jackalope
12-30-2006, 10:09 PM
this bites... alot

Boston
12-30-2006, 10:09 PM
I hope the Giants get blown out in the playoffs. :twisted: God, ******* Redskins can't play defense to save there god damn lives.

ny10804
12-30-2006, 10:15 PM
It was fun while it lasted...

Here's hoping that:

Arizona wins versus the Chargers
Detroit wins versus Dallas
Miami wins versus the Colts
Minnesota wins versus the Rams
San Francisco wins versus Denver
and
Carolina loses to the Saints
Houston loses to Cleveland
Tampa Bay all loses to the Seahawks
all before
We beat the Bears.

It could happen....

NOT.

GB12
12-30-2006, 10:20 PM
I think getting this close is a success so we can't be too upset. However if all those things happen and then we lose Im going to be super pissed.

Smokey Joe
12-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Arizona wins versus the Chargers - is San Diego going to rest their starters?
Detroit wins versus Dallas - is Dallas going to rest their starters?
Miami wins versus the Colts - is Indianapolis going to rest their starters?
Minnesota wins versus the Rams - could happen.
San Francisco wins versus Denver - no.
and
Carolina loses to the Saints - could happen.
Houston loses to Cleveland - could happen.
Tampa Bay all loses to the Seahawks - not likely.
all before
We beat the Bears. - hell no.

Sorry Packer Fans :(

:twisted: :lol:

Boston
12-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Arizona wins versus the Chargers - is San Diego going to rest their starters?
Detroit wins versus Dallas - is Dallas going to rest their starters?
Miami wins versus the Colts - is Indianapolis going to rest their starters?
Minnesota wins versus the Rams - could happen.
San Francisco wins versus Denver - no.
and
Carolina loses to the Saints - could happen.
Houston loses to Cleveland - could happen.
Tampa Bay all loses to the Seahawks - not likely.
all before
We beat the Bears. - hell no.

Sorry Packer Fans :(

:twisted: :lol:

Oh well. The packers would have had a fate similar to the bears if they made the playoffs anyway.

The Dynasty
12-30-2006, 11:14 PM
It doesnt even matter if you guys win in Chicago. Because if it comes down to Strength of Scheldue theres no way Green bay had a harder one than the Giants. Sorry Packer Fans. But hey atleast you had a chance....unlike the vikings.

GB12
12-30-2006, 11:24 PM
It doesnt even matter if you guys win in Chicago. Because if it comes down to Strength of Scheldue theres no way Green bay had a harder one than the Giants. Sorry Packer Fans. But hey atleast you had a chance....unlike the vikings.

Strength of Victory comes before that, which we are still far behind in. We realize that there is little hope but there is a very,very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, slimm chance.

cheesehead10790
12-30-2006, 11:39 PM
I dont want to sound like a bad sport here but the Giants dont deserve the playoffs. They fell apart and always kill themselves. A young refreshing team like the Packers has a much better shot at a win in the playoffs than the g men.

****** Redskins... :evil:

bearsfan_51
12-30-2006, 11:52 PM
I dont want to sound like a bad sport here but the Giants dont deserve the playoffs. They fell apart and always kill themselves. A young refreshing team like the Packers has a much better shot at a win in the playoffs than the g men.

*********** Redskins... :evil:
The Packers haven't beaten a playoff team all year. Everytime they've faced tough competition they've gotten thumped. Drowe is right.

GB12
12-30-2006, 11:54 PM

The Packers haven't beaten a playoff team all year. Everytime they've faced tough competition they've gotten thumped. Drowe is right.

In case you haven't figured it out yet I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. I just skip over his posts.

cheesehead10790
12-31-2006, 12:15 AM

How could I forget how the Bears dominated their tough schedule :roll:

Chicago has only beaten 2 playoff teams and neither one are playoff deserving.

12-31-2006, 12:16 AM

And the Packers play a crap schedule and beat no one good. They don't deserve the playoffs. It's that simple.

cheesehead10790
12-31-2006, 12:20 AM

And the Packers play a crap schedule and beat no one good. They don't deserve the playoffs. It's that simple.

OK and theyre not going to. All i was saying is the Giants dont deserve it either.

The NFC doesnt matter anyway since whoever makes the SB will get destroyed by the AFC team.

12-31-2006, 12:22 AM
The Giants deserve it more than any other NFC team.

cheesehead10790
12-31-2006, 12:28 AM

...because

12-31-2006, 12:32 AM

...because

Who are you trying to say is more deserving?

Boston
12-31-2006, 12:34 AM

...because

A team that hasn't completely collapsed through the last half of the season.

12-31-2006, 12:43 AM

...because

The Giants are easily better than the Packers or Rams. You can't put them in over the Giants no matter how bad they've played of recent.

cheesehead10790
12-31-2006, 12:48 AM

...because

The Giants are easily better than the Packers or Rams. You can't put them in over the Giants no matter how bad they've played of recent.

Ya i would. And I would rather have Carolina in before NY.

GB12
12-31-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm not sayung either would do **** in the playoffs, but right now in a game against the Giants I'd take any of the teams that were in the hunt(Rams,Packers,Panthers,Falcons)

12-31-2006, 12:53 AM
I would take the Panthers or Falcons to beat them. Not the Pack or Rams. The Rams defense is terrible and the Packers have beat no one. I thought the Panthers and Falcons were eliminated already though before this game.

cheesehead10790
12-31-2006, 12:57 AM
I would take the Panthers or Falcons to beat them. Not the Pack or Rams. The Rams defense is terrible and the Packers have beat no one. I thought the Panthers and Falcons were eliminated already though before this game.

The Pack could take care of the Giants.

Rams are iffy but Id even put money on them to beat NY.

GB12
12-31-2006, 12:59 AM

I don't know, they were the last four in it though. I was just saying that I'd take them in a head to head game not that they are more deserving of a playoff spot.

GB12
12-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Everything is going right but the Vikings...

cheesehead10790
12-31-2006, 01:50 PM
and Houston and Carolina and Detroit

TitleTown088
12-31-2006, 02:00 PM
well, good season, it was better than many expected actually. hopefully the packers will be back next year to make a deserving push for the playoffs. I guess i will look on the bright side, and that is that the pack beat the vikings twice.

TitleTown088
12-31-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm 90 percent sure the resurgent Redskins will beat the Strahan, Shockey-less Giants.

nice prediction.. that 10 % just had to become true.

bearsfan_51
12-31-2006, 04:30 PM

Actually three. We were 3-1 against playoff teams this year. Not too bad.

And there is a difference between 13-2 and 7-8. If the Packers had more wins they wouldn't need a strength of victory tiebreaker.

ny10804
12-31-2006, 05:23 PM
I like where this team is going. Nearly everyone is young -- only 2 players on defense 30 or older (the next oldest starter is 27) and only 3 starters 30 or older on offense,

The O-Line is looking very solid, and the three youngings (Wells (25), Spitz (24), and Colledge (24)) in the middle well only get better as time passes. Tauscher (29) is steady. Clifton (30) is somewhat of a concern, hopefully his knees can regain stength this offseason.

The D-Line is looking very good. Jenkins at DE has really added a new demension to this line. Kampman is solid as rock. Pickett is good. And all are about to enter their prime -- they are 25, 27, and 27, respectively. Add in Corey Williams (26), Colin Cole (26), Mike Montgomery (23), and Johnny Jolly (23), and this group will be solid for the next 6 or so years.

To reflect on this past two paragraphs, remember that the game is won and lost in the trenches.

The starting linebackers are: MLB Nick Barnett (25) -- solid, dependable, still some potential, WLB AJ Hawk (23) -- strong, fast, showing flashes, and SSLB Brady Poppinga (27) -- strong, stout, and maniacal. Hawk will be a star in 2 or 3 years. If Abdul Hodge (24) makes it apparent he deserves to start, Barnett would slide over to SSLB -- a move that can only be made if he is given an extension. This group also has a bright future for about the next 8 years.

The skill positions are not as deep. Favre (37) will most likely come back and be serviceable for one more year. Hopefully Rodgers (23) shows some noticeable improvement next preseason. Green (29) may or may not be resigned -- he could ay be a reliable member of a running back by commitee situation for the next 3 years -- but not a feature back. Morency (26) is a great change-of-pace back, but also not a feature back. Miree (25) is decent and improving. Driver (31) may have a Rod Smith type career (have his best years starting at age 30 and playing at a high level for the next 5 years). Jennings (23) has a bright future. Martin (24) and Holiday (25) are good #4s. A good third receiver would be a great addition. All the TEs are nothing to write home about. Franks (28) is a better tackle than he is a TE, Martin (27) is too much potential and not enough.. actually good. Lee (26) is serviceable on occasion. Teams have figured out Franks is in there to block, and the other two to catch -- we need one TE that can do both.

The secondary is the oldest and least deep grouping. Harris (32) and Woodson (30) can't be counted on for much longer (say, 2 years). Collins (23) has had a sophomore slump, but will improve. Manuel (27) is rounding out, but nothing more than decent. CB may not need to be addressed this year, but it is apparent that Manuel could easily be replaced. Nickel back Dendy (24) is more of a dime back. Blackmon (22) is a wild card and could be a good nickel back if he can recover from his recurring injuries. Culver (23) and Underwood (24) could either be the answer at SS, but that remains unknown.

And that's all I gotta say about that.

roidrunner
12-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Man i really wished the pack had made the playoffs. but it is offical, with the Vikes losing we are out.

looks like the vikes screwed us again. :cry:

GB12
12-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Man i really wished the pack had made the playoffs. but it is offical, with the Vikes losing we are out.

looks like the vikes screwed us again. :cry:

At least 3 others had the wrong outcome also. Had the Giants lost we would have been in with a win because we have a tiebreaker over STL but that means nothing now. Im not really even excited about the game.

roidrunner
12-31-2006, 06:14 PM
yea tell me about it. the game does not sound too exciting. oh well i might as well go and get drunk for new years.

ny10804
12-31-2006, 10:39 PM
Brett crying in the post-game interview wasn't the most reassuring sight in reference to my prediction that he'd come back.

Here's my tidbits on the game:

- Cullen Jenkins was on and off, but mostly on; sometimes he wasn't great against the run, (he got pancaked early on the first or second series -- it looked bad), but he finished with at least 3 knockdowns and even more hurries. Overall, he played well and needs to be resigned.

- Brett Favre looked like Brett Favre circa 2003, if that means anything...

- The D-Line as a whole brought good pressure, got 2 sacks, and directly forced (IIRC) 3 of the 5 interceptions.

- If tonight serves as any indication, Ruvell Martin could very well be the 3rd WR next year. That is nowhere near guaranteed, though.

- Nick Collins looked like Ed Reed. Incredible tonight.

- Barnett was good. (remember the first play of the game? ver' nice).

- Hawk was nothing special -- I skipped a beat when that ball came right at him, but, fortunately, he held on.

- Secondary was incredible for all but one play. On that play another miscommunication (Dendy thinking Manuel was playing deep half) cost us a 75-yard touchdown.

How the Pack can be a real force next year:
- Brett comes back
- Resign Jenkins, Corey Williams, and Ahman (1-yr deal)
- Sign Tony Gonzalez
- Draft either a RB, S, WR, or CB high
- Address the CB situation in either the draft of free agency

Smokey Joe
12-31-2006, 10:52 PM
congratulations... :cry:

Empire
12-31-2006, 10:56 PM
My free agent wishes from biggest want to least. Not saying these are the most important to the Packers, but they would really be great additions for next year. Feel free to comment

1. Michael Turner
2. Ken Hamlin
3. Lance Briggs
4. DJ Hackett

Some may question DJ Hackett but I really love the guy. I think he could become a very good receiver one day. The Seahawks have a ton of receivers so we may be able to get him for cheap.

Although it's very unlikely we get all or even three of these guys, I think getting one or two would really help the 2007 Packers.

jmanz
12-31-2006, 11:04 PM
nice win guys

GB12
12-31-2006, 11:45 PM
Here are my thoughts about how we'll look next year.

We were one team away from the playoffs with plenty of winable games that we just didn't pull off. Hopefully Fave and TT see that. 2 weeks ago I was more certain than the past 2 years that he would be back now I'm seriously thinking that was it. Saying he comes back we have a great chance for playoffs and maybe even do something when we are there. TT did a good job with Woodson last year but he needs to go bigger this year. I believe we have close to $30 million in cap space assuming Favre's back. So let's start on offense. TE - I think we're all agreed that Franks isn't cutting it anymore. I know that a lot of you were against going after Gonzalez but I think it would be a good signing. He is still a top five TE and would be a good receiving target. Then WR - Driver and Jennings are obviously 1 and 2 then I think Martin has improved and showed some progress and could be a decent #3. Now going after a guy like Drew Bennet wouldn't be a bad idea but I think with the addition of Gonzalez it lessens the need and we pass on him. This could go either way but I'll say Ferguson's back. Next we got RB - this could be interesting, I think we let Green go and sign Turner. He paired with Morency would give us not a great run game but a good one. Drafting Lynch wouldn't be a bad opption but then we can save our draft pick. QB- I am assuming that Favre is back for the purpose of this so we are fine here. OL- I believe we have nothing to upgrade here. our interior is young and learning fast and playing well and our Tackles are fine for now. Clifton may be declining but he should certainly be fine for next year and Moll has shown that he is capable of starting when needed.

Now for Defense. DE - While a lot of people are wanting improvement to the position, I don't think we do. There is no FA that will be available to us that is an upgrade and there isn't a first round DE I like either. Maybe addressed in rounds 2-5 but I'm only giving names for FAs and the 1st round as I'm not doing a mock draft. It'll stay with Kampman on one side and Jenkins on the other with KGB on pass downs. DT - I wouldn't be totally opposed to getting a top DT in the draft but we have more pressing needs. Branch will be gone but Okoye intrests me. In the end we stay with Pickett and Corey Williams and the young rotation that we have there. LB - Hawk and Barnett are solid and young no need to change them. Poppinga I think would be fine to start again next year but why not add someone to improve? No, not Briggs I'm talking about Adalius Thomas. It's a lot of money tied up at LB but we'd easily have the best in the league and it would help the DE as they would have 3 great tacklers behind them. CB- Woodson and Harris are the oldest on our defense but are still only 30 and 32 and playing at a probowl level. That means no upgrade this offseason. Behind them is question about but I think we'll be fine. Dendy has played well at nickle and is certainly better than Carrol. I don't think he's the long term answer but he'll be fine. Blackmon has been hurt all season but if he can stay healthy he could even challenge for the Nickleback spot. another will probably be picked up in rounds 3-6 for depth. S - Nick Collins had a bit of a down year compared to last year but he is still a good starter and should improve. Manuel has blown coverages and at times has trouble wrapping up. I like the depth with Culver who has been good when in but needs to improve and Underwood who was injured but was challenging to start in preseason. With that said I haved used the round one pick so here is where it lands. Landry would be my #1 with Nelson being the fallback. We could go after Hamlin in FA but this should be the better option.

Special Teams. K-Rayner stuggled at Chicago but other than that has been good. The hasn't been a time were I wished we still had Longwell. P -Like Rayner, Ryan has a leg. I prefer seeing his long line drives than BJ's floaters that went 20 yards. Once again no need to upgrade. KR/PR - Assuming Blackmon comes back he would probably take over these duties. Morency is alright on KRs but Woodson scares me on PRs. I would hate to see him go down for the season on a return considering his injury history. Drafting a guy wouldn/t be out of the question but after the Corey Rodgers thing this year I think we bank on the fact that Blackmon will do it and if not stick with Morency/Woodson.

So our roster would be

QB-Favre/Rodgers/Martin
RB-Turner/Morency
WR-Driver/Jennings/Martin/(Ferguson, Holidaye, Francies, drafted wr from round 2-5)
TE-Gonzalez/Franks/Lee
T-Clifton/Moll
G-Colledge
C-Wells
G-Spitz
T-Tauscher
with Moll to fill in when needed

DE-Jenkins/KGB
DT-Pickett
DT-Williams and rest of rotation
DE-Kampman
LB-Thomas
LB-Barnett
LB- Hawk
CB-Harris/Dendy
CB-Woodson/Blackmon
S-Collins/Underwood
S-Landry or Nelson/Culver

K-Rayner
P-Ryan
KR-Blackmon/Morency
PR-Blackmon/Woodson

That is definately a playoff team in the NFC and could even contend.

CARDIAC CAT 7
12-31-2006, 11:57 PM
- Brett comes back
- Sign Tony Gonzalez

Love this list ny10804, except one thing. They should draft Zach Miller or Greg Olson (which ever one comes out early) in the second round, plus I doubt that KC would let Tony G go.

ny10804
01-01-2007, 12:06 AM
- Brett comes back
- Sign Tony Gonzalez

Love this list ny10804, except one thing. They should draft Zach Miller or Greg Olson (which ever one comes out early) in the second round, plus I doubt that KC would let Tony G go.

The thing is you know for a fact what you're getting in Tony Gonzalez, you can't say that about rookies, especially in a position where experience, awareness, and intangibles are key.

As for KC not letting him go, they'll probably franchise him, but there's still a good chance they'll let him go to save money for when LJ becomes a UFA next year.

ny10804
01-01-2007, 12:11 AM
BTW, we'll be picking 15th this year. Scott put up the final order from 1-19, as the final playoff teams position is subject to change by their playoff results. link (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/draftorder.html)

SterlingSharpe
01-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Fellas,

Brett is done. Did you not listen to him tonight?

You're in denial if you think he's not done.

He never cries like that. Not even when interviewed about Irv's death.
And when Andrea Kramer asked him what a game LIKE THIS does for his decision, he said it "makes it HARDER".

that's right, it's harder to walk away now knowing that we are capable of spaking the NFCs #1 team. that HE is still capable of leading us.

if he was coming back, a game like this would have made his decision EASIER. he didn't say that.

I'm sad as hell, but he's done.
Did you appreciate him while he was here?
Did you cherish him?

I already miss him.

Standing on the 20-yard line with a group of teammates, Favre got choked up during a TV interview, saying he would decide "soon" whether he would return next season.

"It's tough. It's tough," Favre said. "I'm going to miss these guys and miss the game."

Still, Favre stopped short of saying he would retire. And the prevailing sentiment seems to be, why wouldn't he return?

After a fairly successful season in which he helped the Packers rebound from last year's 4-12 fiasco -- their first losing season with Favre under center -- to win their final four games and finish 8-8, teammates, opponents and even Favre's own family have said that they see no reason why he should retire.

He still has milestone to pursue: After completing 21 of 42 passes for 285 yards and a touchdown, Favre is only seven touchdown passes shy of breaking Dan Marino's career mark of 420. With the Packers' victory, Favre tied Marino for No. 2 in career victories (147) and is only one away from tying John Elway for the record.

And unlike last offseason, Favre won't have to decide whether he wants to play for a new coach and learn a new offense.

But while Favre maintains that he still enjoys loves to play, he doesn't seem quite as convinced as everybody else that he should keep playing. He exchanged handshakes and hugs with teammates before he was pulled in favor of backup quarterback Ingle Martin with less than two minutes remaining in the game.

Favre's left ankle has been bothering him since before the beginning of training camp and likely will require surgery in the offseason. He has hinted that the weekly grind of practices are beginning to wear him down.

Empire
01-01-2007, 12:38 AM
I get the feeling he think he's done right now, but when he starts thinking about it more rationally in the coming weeks I think he will realize it's best to come back.

The Packers were basically the next team in the playoffs, and that with the youngest team in the NFL. A lot of the losses early in the season were due to inexperience. I think the Packers biggest improvement for next year will not come from a free agent or a rookie but from the growth and experience of the young Packer players.

Favre will play for only one reason next year, if he thinks the Packers are capable of competing for the Super Bowl. With the current state of the NFC I see no reason why the Packers won't be competitive next year with a couple additions.

Plus Favre will make a ton of money next year. Sure he doesn't care about the money, but it probably won't hurt.

Empire
01-01-2007, 02:53 AM
Here's the Packers schedule next year:

Home
Eagles
Redskins
Raiders
Chargers
Saints
Falcons
Buccaneers
Panthers

Away
Cowboys
Giants
Broncos
Chiefs
Seahawks
Rams
49ers
Cardinals

Predictions? I think the Packers will win the bolded games for a final record of 11-5. Sure some of them may seem a little tough but with a couple more playmakers for the offense and the growth of the youngest team in the NFL over the course of the year, I see no reason why they can't win those games.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-01-2007, 03:13 AM
theres a tidbit on profootballtalk.com that says that sharper might be out in minni...would you guys give him a shot or no?

TitleTown088
01-01-2007, 04:27 AM
LETS HEAR IT FOR BRETT ******* FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a stud.. even if he does hang em up he went out in style, beating everyone in the NFC north one more time. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME BACK....

is #4 done? :cry:

please jesus, God, micheal jackson, gerald Ford, vince , and chuck norris, don;t retire.

roidrunner
01-01-2007, 05:48 AM
just to throw my two cents into the ring on brett.

i think he is 50-50 right now. i mean he brought this team to 8-8 from 4-12 last year. the problem last year was #4 thought he didnt have "it" anymore. now he knows he can still do "it." but now he is stuck between a rock and a hard place to decide whether he wants to come back again, or hang them up and call it a career. Ending with beating his alltime rival the bears, at home.

ny10804
01-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Today sucks. Brett could be retiring. If the Giants lost we'd be in the playoffs. If we lost to the Dolphins, but won against the Rams, we'd be in the playoffs. God damn it. We're going to be very good next year, though.

My FA wish list:
Tony Gonzalez
Adalius Thomas
Ken Hamlin
not Michael Turner (he's an RFA and would likely cost us either a 1st rounder or a 1st and 3rd rounder)

My Big Board of players who could be available:
Laron Landry
Marshawn Lynch
Ted Ginn Jr.
Darrelle Revis
Michael Griffin

Jim Jim
01-01-2007, 10:26 AM
I believe the interviewer just caught Brett in an emotional state after the game. I'm not saying the man won't retire, but anyone who thinks Favre is set in stone of retiring is pretty fickle.

Just give the man a few weeks and he'll tell us...

Personally I think tonight's performance, and the last months, will make him want to come back for another year.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-01-2007, 10:30 AM
just to throw my two cents into the ring on brett.

i think he is 50-50 right now. i mean he brought this team to 8-8 from 4-12 last year. the problem last year was #4 thought he didnt have "it" anymore. now he knows he can still do "it." but now he is stuck between a rock and a hard place to decide whether he wants to come back again, or hang them up and call it a career. Ending with beating his alltime rival the bears, at home.we were away

Jim Jim
01-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Season's over now, I would love to see what you guys think and what you think of what I think about what we should do in the off season.

*Trade down to the early twenties to pick up an extra second rounder.

DRAFT.

First Round Selection: Marshawn Lynch, RB, California.

Second Round Selection: Fred Bennett, CB, South Carolina.

Second Round Selection: Craig "Buster" Davis, WR, LSU.

Third Round Selection: Aundrea Allison, WR, East Carolina.

Fourth Round Selection: Sabby Piscitelli, DB, Oregon State.

Fifth Round Selection: Marshall Yonda, OG, Iowa.

Sixth Round Selection: Taurean Charles, OLB, Bethune-Cookman.

Free Agency.

*Resign Cullen Jenkins to a four year deal.
*Sign QB Damon Huard to a three year deal.
*Sign Asante Samuel to a six year deal.
*Give Al Harris a bonus.

Epfootball50
01-01-2007, 11:03 AM
if we are going to draft a WR in round 2 or 3 why not
Steve Smith
or Anthony Gonzalez

And how come nobody has brought up the point of signing Nate Clemmens, he is a FA this year

Jim Jim
01-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Because Davis and Allison are better.

SterlingSharpe
01-01-2007, 11:43 AM
NO POSTS EXIST FOR THIS TOPIC

someone PM me if you know why i always get that on the PACKERS FORUM HERE.... it's irritating.

no other threads do this to me.
every time i try to get to the last posts or page here, i get that.

WTF?

THANKS, PM me if you know why this is

SterlingSharpe
01-01-2007, 11:50 AM
EMPIRE,

that schedule is way wrong.
we don't play the vikings lions or bears anymore?

Boston
01-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Alright, first of all, was it just me, or did anybody else notice how dead that field looked?

I think Poppinga needs to be replaced this offseason. He's not the best in coverage, and over the course of this game, you could see him miss 3, 4, 5, tackles that could have been for a loss, but instead went for ten yards. Other than that, defense was amazing. Special teams was great in containing Hester. We need a return specialist from the draft. A guy like we used to have in Rossum. Overall that was such a great game to watch. :lol:

Jim Jim
01-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Hopefully Hodge makes a jump in the off season, and they shift Barnett to the outside.

SterlingSharpe
01-01-2007, 02:12 PM
COACHING, OFFENSIVE COORINATOR

any chance we get anyone from Atlanta, who has a patent on the ZBS?

many former head coaches end up taking OC or DC positions after being fired. or just positional coaches.

what WAS jim mora jr before being named the HC of atlanta?

ImBrotherCain
01-01-2007, 02:13 PM
theres a tidbit on profootballtalk.com that says that sharper might be out in minni...would you guys give him a shot or no?

I would love Sharper to come back.... Him and Collins. Now thats a force to be reckoned with....

SterlingSharpe
01-01-2007, 02:14 PM
For the right price, I'd take Sharper back also, and do it SOON to help entice BRETT to return. Add some veterans like Sharper and Gonzalez, and it reminds me of 1995-96 with Keith Jackson, Eugene Robinson, etc.

GB12
01-01-2007, 02:18 PM
not Michael Turner (he's an RFA and would likely cost us either a 1st rounder or a 1st and 3rd rounder)

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure he's unrestricted. If he is a RFA I would change what I had in that write to Lynch in round one and go after Hamlin.

SterlingSharpe
01-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Hamlin is not that great, especially in coverage. He's a good hitter though.

I think Michael Lewis could be had for half the price, from what I hear.
Also, Asante Samuel, CB, would be a much better addition.

Empire
01-01-2007, 02:59 PM

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure he's unrestricted. If he is a RFA I would change what I had in that write to Lynch in round one and go after Hamlin.

Turner is a RFA but I highly disagree with trying to get Sharper back. We let him go the first time because he wasn't really worth the money he was asking for. Things really have not changed all that much since then. Ken Hamlin would also be a poor choice because we already have a good young FS in Nick Collins. We don't need another.

I think we only need one big FA signing this year, Tony Gonzalez. That would give Favre another legitimate passing threat. So Favre would have Driver, Gonzalez Jennings, Robinson, Ruvell Martin, and maybe one or two late picks at wide receiver. Not that bad if you ask me. Our WR corps hasn't been all that bad this year, the only problem we've had is a big red zone target. Gonzalez would fill that role perfectly.

I think LaRon Landry would make the best first round choice for the Packers. He would really help shore up the secondary. Some may say Lynch would be a better pick but remember the Broncos have had a ton of success unearthing late round picks at the running back position. I see no reason why the Packers would not be able to do the same.

Empire
01-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Hamlin is not that great, especially in coverage. He's a good hitter though.

I think Michael Lewis could be had for half the price, from what I hear.
Also, Asante Samuel, CB, would be a much better addition.

Why would he come to the Packers knowing he won't be starting. Samuel is out of the question. Michael Lewis isn't even starting for the Eagles and he's terrible in coverage.

70challenger457
01-01-2007, 03:47 PM
I haven't really had any chances to post anything latley and i know this is late new but man, did the pack look sharp last night

sik wit it
01-01-2007, 03:56 PM
just got back from up north, had to watch the game on a **** ass tv but, DDDDAAAMMMNNNN. We were straight fire that game. I dont care if the Bears had nothing to play for, we made Rexy look like a guy who has never played football before. If I were a bears fan, thank god thats not true, Id be worried with the play of him. If Collins can play Ed Reed like half the time that would be a dream.The way Martin, and Holiday played I dont think we need to address WR. These guys are raw but look as though their potential is limitless. They both have great size and Holiday could be used as a Randell El type guy.

War signing Gonzo
War Favre coming back for one last campaign
War Packers SB contenders in 2007.

TitleTown088
01-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Alright, first of all, was it just me, or did anybody else notice how dead that field looked?

I think Poppinga needs to be replaced this offseason. He's not the best in coverage, and over the course of this game, you could see him miss 3, 4, 5, tackles that could have been for a loss, but instead went for ten yards. Other than that, defense was amazing. Special teams was great in containing Hester. We need a return specialist from the draft. A guy like we used to have in Rossum. Overall that was such a great game to watch. :lol:

we might get a probowl returner back next season though.

TitleTown088
01-01-2007, 04:06 PM
collins played like the stud we need him to every week.

Boston
01-01-2007, 04:10 PM
So Kurt. Fired?

70challenger457
01-01-2007, 04:14 PM
tottaly, he was awsome, what a hit by Manuel, I was tanked at the time so I was jumpin all over the place

GB12
01-01-2007, 04:14 PM

We were one team away from the playoffs with plenty of winable games that we just didn't pull off. Hopefully Fave and TT see that. 2 weeks ago I was more certain than the past 2 years that he would be back now I'm seriously thinking that was it. Saying he comes back we have a great chance for playoffs and maybe even do something when we are there. TT did a good job with Woodson last year but he needs to go bigger this year. I believe we have close to $30 million in cap space assuming Favre's back. So let's start on offense. TE - I think we're all agreed that Franks isn't cutting it anymore. I know that a lot of you were against going after Gonzalez but I think it would be a good signing. He is still a top five TE and would be a good receiving target. Then WR - Driver and Jennings are obviously 1 and 2 then I think Martin has improved and showed some progress and could be a decent #3. Now going after a guy like Drew Bennet wouldn't be a bad idea but I think with the addition of Gonzalez it lessens the need and we pass on him. This could go either way but I'll say Ferguson's back. Next we got RB - Since Turner is a RFA we don't go after him since he isn't worth a first round pick. Lynch is the pick in round one and we get our back of the future. Green is resigned for the chance that Lynch is gone. Lynch gets most of the time while working Green and Morency in there. Green is signed only to a one year deal and gone after the season. QB- I am assuming that Favre is back for the purpose of this so we are fine here. OL- I believe we have nothing to upgrade here. our interior is young and learning fast and playing well and our Tackles are fine for now. Clifton may be declining but he should certainly be fine for next year and Moll has shown that he is capable of starting when needed.

Now for Defense. DE - While a lot of people are wanting improvement to the position, I don't think we do. There is no FA that will be available to us that is an upgrade and there isn't a first round DE I like either. Maybe addressed in rounds 2-5 but I'm only giving names for FAs and the 1st round as I'm not doing a mock draft. It'll stay with Kampman on one side and Jenkins on the other with KGB on pass downs. DT - I wouldn't be totally opposed to getting a top DT in the draft but we have more pressing needs. Branch will be gone but Okoye intrests me. In the end we stay with Pickett and Corey Williams and the young rotation that we have there. LB - Hawk and Barnett are solid and young no need to change them. Poppinga I think would be fine to start again next year but why not add someone to improve? No, not Briggs I'm talking about Adalius Thomas. It's a lot of money tied up at LB but we'd easily have the best in the league and it would help the DE as they would have 3 great tacklers behind them. CB- Woodson and Harris are the oldest on our defense but are still only 30 and 32 and playing at a probowl level. That means no upgrade this offseason. Behind them is question about but I think we'll be fine. Dendy has played well at nickle and is certainly better than Carrol. I don't think he's the long term answer but he'll be fine. Blackmon has been hurt all season but if he can stay healthy he could even challenge for the Nickleback spot. another will probably be picked up in rounds 3-6 for depth. S - Nick Collins had a bit of a down year compared to last year but he is still a good starter and should improve. Manuel has blown coverages and at times has trouble wrapping up, but is not as bad as we make him out to be and has improved from the beging of the season. We have good young depth behind them with Culver and Underwood. Culver has got some time this season and hasn't made any big mistakes while in. Underwood has been injured but he was challenging to start and I expect he could do so again. I wanted to go S in the first round but went with a RB. We could go after Hamlin but not too strongly as he will get more than he's worth. Underwood or Manuel will be the guy.

Special Teams. K-Rayner stuggled at Chicago but other than that has been good. The hasn't been a time were I wished we still had Longwell. P -Like Rayner, Ryan has a leg. I prefer seeing his long line drives than BJ's floaters that went 20 yards. Once again no need to upgrade. KR/PR - Assuming Blackmon comes back he would probably take over these duties. Morency is alright on KRs but Woodson scares me on PRs. I would hate to see him go down for the season on a return considering his injury history. Drafting a guy wouldn/t be out of the question but after the Corey Rodgers thing this year I think we bank on the fact that Blackmon will do it and if not stick with Morency/Woodson.

So our roster would be

QB-Favre/Rodgers/Martin
RB-Lynch/Morency/Green
WR-Driver/Jennings/Martin/(Ferguson, Holidaye, Francies, drafted wr from round 2-5)
TE-Gonzalez/Franks/Lee
T-Clifton/Moll
G-Colledge
C-Wells
G-Spitz
T-Tauscher

DE-Jenkins/KGB
DT-Pickett
DE-Kampman
LB-Thomas
LB-Barnett
LB- Hawk
CB-Harris/Dendy
CB-Woodson/Blackmon
S-Collins/Culver
S-Underwood/Manuel

K-Rayner
P-Ryan
KR-Blackmon/Morency
PR-Blackmon/Woodson

Updated

TitleTown088
01-01-2007, 04:48 PM
So Kurt. Fired?

Are you asking if he should be fired?

Boston
01-01-2007, 05:07 PM
So Kurt. Fired?

Are you asking if he should be fired?

Yes.

SterlingSharpe
01-01-2007, 05:17 PM
70challenger,

just gotta get another prop out to you for your avatar.
it's always a lovely sight to see.
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/customavatars/avatar783_4.gif

our WHOLE off-season plan hinges on Favre.
if he's done, no way Tony Gonzalez would want to come here unless we really overpay him, maybe.

if favre vetoes his wife, and comes back:

sign TE gonzalez
sign CB asante samuel

draft WR sidney rice, south carolina (like me and robert brooks)
draft S brandon meriweather, miami
draft RB kenny irons, auburn or gary russell, min
draft QB kevin kolb, houston, or jordan palmer, UTEP

why a CB?
well a few things, first i love will blackmon but who knows if he can stay healthy and who knows how he will do. asante is senastional, another pick yesterday. NE always lets their FA's leave. plus Harris is old, and woodson getting older. charles is fragile too. you can't have too many good & great DBs in todays NFL. plus woodson can switch to safety soon.

meriweather is a 1st-round talent at S who slips because of character concerns. he and nick collins would form a sensational safety duo right away, for years to come.

TitleTown088
01-01-2007, 05:36 PM
70challenger,

just gotta get another prop out to you for your avatar.
it's always a lovely sight to see.
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/customavatars/avatar783_4.gif

our WHOLE off-season plan hinges on Favre.
if he's done, no way Tony Gonzalez would want to come here unless we really overpay him, maybe.

if favre vetoes his wife, and comes back:

sign TE gonzalez
sign CB asante samuel

why a CB?
well a few things, first i love will blackmon but who knows if he can stay healthy and who knows how he will do. asante is senastional, another pick yesterday. NE always lets their FA's leave. plus Harris is old, and woodson getting older. charles is fragile too. you can't have too many good & great DBs in todays NFL. plus woodson can switch to safety soon.

meriweather is a 1st-round talent at S who slips because of character concerns. he and nick collins would form a sensational safety duo right away, for years to come.

I love the idea of drafting Kevin Kolb, he really impresses me. But i don't think sidney rice is comming out this year, is he?

70challenger457
01-01-2007, 05:36 PM
How much longer does Al Harris have left on his contract? If he has a year left then I'd say sing Samuel, but other wise thats too much money to have one of them not starting

Empire
01-01-2007, 05:42 PM
sign TE gonzalez
sign CB asante samuel

Again I ask you why Samuel would come to GB where he would not be starting. Don't try to tell me that we can switch Woodson to Safety because that is the exact reason why he rejected other teams.

Also Rice is going back to school and Merriweather is not a Packer person and will never get drafted by TT.

70challenger457
01-01-2007, 05:59 PM
sign TE gonzalez
sign CB asante samuel

Again I ask you why Samuel would come to GB where he would not be starting. Don't try to tell me that we can switch Woodson to Safety because that is the exact reason why he rejected other teams.

Also Rice is going back to school and Merriweather is not a Packer person and will never get drafted by TT.QFT

Boston
01-01-2007, 06:03 PM
"Our goal is to be the best defense," Pickett said. "We were already talking about it on the plane on the way home after the Chicago game. It brings excitement to the off-season because we do have the potential to be one of the best defenses in the league, and that's our goal next year -- to be No. 1."

01-01-2007, 06:08 PM

We were one team away from the playoffs with plenty of winable games that we just didn't pull off. Hopefully Fave and TT see that. 2 weeks ago I was more certain than the past 2 years that he would be back now I'm seriously thinking that was it. Saying he comes back we have a great chance for playoffs and maybe even do something when we are there. TT did a good job with Woodson last year but he needs to go bigger this year. I believe we have close to $30 million in cap space assuming Favre's back. So let's start on offense. TE - I think we're all agreed that Franks isn't cutting it anymore. I know that a lot of you were against going after Gonzalez but I think it would be a good signing. He is still a top five TE and would be a good receiving target. Then WR - Driver and Jennings are obviously 1 and 2 then I think Martin has improved and showed some progress and could be a decent #3. Now going after a guy like Drew Bennet wouldn't be a bad idea but I think with the addition of Gonzalez it lessens the need and we pass on him. This could go either way but I'll say Ferguson's back. Next we got RB - Since Turner is a RFA we don't go after him since he isn't worth a first round pick. Lynch is the pick in round one and we get our back of the future. Green is resigned for the chance that Lynch is gone. Lynch gets most of the time while working Green and Morency in there. Green is signed only to a one year deal and gone after the season. QB- I am assuming that Favre is back for the purpose of this so we are fine here. OL- I believe we have nothing to upgrade here. our interior is young and learning fast and playing well and our Tackles are fine for now. Clifton may be declining but he should certainly be fine for next year and Moll has shown that he is capable of starting when needed.

Now for Defense. DE - While a lot of people are wanting improvement to the position, I don't think we do. There is no FA that will be available to us that is an upgrade and there isn't a first round DE I like either. Maybe addressed in rounds 2-5 but I'm only giving names for FAs and the 1st round as I'm not doing a mock draft. It'll stay with Kampman on one side and Jenkins on the other with KGB on pass downs. DT - I wouldn't be totally opposed to getting a top DT in the draft but we have more pressing needs. Branch will be gone but Okoye intrests me. In the end we stay with Pickett and Corey Williams and the young rotation that we have there. LB - Hawk and Barnett are solid and young no need to change them. Poppinga I think would be fine to start again next year but why not add someone to improve? No, not Briggs I'm talking about Adalius Thomas. It's a lot of money tied up at LB but we'd easily have the best in the league and it would help the DE as they would have 3 great tacklers behind them. CB- Woodson and Harris are the oldest on our defense but are still only 30 and 32 and playing at a probowl level. That means no upgrade this offseason. Behind them is question about but I think we'll be fine. Dendy has played well at nickle and is certainly better than Carrol. I don't think he's the long term answer but he'll be fine. Blackmon has been hurt all season but if he can stay healthy he could even challenge for the Nickleback spot. another will probably be picked up in rounds 3-6 for depth. S - Nick Collins had a bit of a down year compared to last year but he is still a good starter and should improve. Manuel has blown coverages and at times has trouble wrapping up, but is not as bad as we make him out to be and has improved from the beging of the season. We have good young depth behind them with Culver and Underwood. Culver has got some time this season and hasn't made any big mistakes while in. Underwood has been injured but he was challenging to start and I expect he could do so again. I wanted to go S in the first round but went with a RB. We could go after Hamlin but not too strongly as he will get more than he's worth. Underwood or Manuel will be the guy.

So our roster would be

QB-Favre/Rodgers/Martin
RB-Lynch/Morency/Green
TE-Gonzalez/Franks/Lee
T-Clifton/Moll
G-Colledge
C-Wells
G-Spitz
T-Tauscher

DE-Jenkins/KGB
DT-Pickett
DE-Kampman
LB-Thomas
LB-Barnett
LB- Hawk
CB-Harris/Dendy
CB-Woodson/Blackmon
S-Collins/Culver
S-Underwood/Manuel

K-Rayner
P-Ryan
KR-Blackmon/Morency
PR-Blackmon/Woodson

Good write up, I agree with most of the things that you say but I would like the Packers too add someone anywhere in the secondary be at S or backup CB.

I can't see Underwood starting over Manuel if it turns out this way next year. If Underwood was close to as good as Manuel I would think he would have seen a lot more playing time this year.

70challenger457
01-01-2007, 06:08 PM
"Our goal is to be the best defense," Pickett said. "We were already talking about it on the plane on the way home after the Chicago game. It brings excitement to the off-season because we do have the potential to be one of the best defenses in the league, and that's our goal next year -- to be No. 1."They looked damn good last night but without a guy like Jim Bated I don't think they will be #1

SterlingSharpe
01-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Empire,

I'll make a side wager with you on Sidney Rice going back to school to get his degree. He can get that after his NFL career. Why wait to get paid?

You're probably right on Samuel. We have the best 1-2 combo at CB already although they both are 30-somethings.

Meriweather not a "Packer person"? That's romantic and all, but hogwash.

He'd look great in Green & Gold. I know Marvin Lewis wants him in Cinci but he's too good to go there.

70challenger457
01-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Anybody notice how theres only been one post of a bears fan since we won, I mean if they would have won, 51 would be posting on how much of a crappy team we are and how Poppinga wouldn't even make the bears if he tried this and that man that win was awsome

nextyear5
01-01-2007, 06:23 PM
tottaly, he was awsome, what a hit by Manuel, I was tanked at the time so I was jumpin all over the place

Hey, it's my first post here, lifetime Packers fan.

I agree that Collins did play like a stud last nite. The one play that got to me was the one where Manuel and I think it was Dendy both let a Bears WR go untouched on the Bears' TD. I don't think Manuel will be cut but I think he should be or at least have us bring in someone else. A mid-round guy I like is Brandon Meriweather from the U. I know he had some issues this year but he hits like a ton of bricks.

70challenger457
01-01-2007, 06:27 PM
theres no chance that TT will ever draft Merriwether, mark my words

nextyear5
01-01-2007, 06:30 PM

Why not? Not tryin to be arrogant just wonderin

GB12
01-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Good write up, I agree with most of the things that you say but I would like the Packers too add someone anywhere in the secondary be at S or backup CB.

I can't see Underwood starting over Manuel if it turns out this way next year. If Underwood was close to as good as Manuel I would think he would have seen a lot more playing time this year.

I had is taking Landry/Nelson in the first and signing Turner iin my original. After learning that he was a RFA I changed the pick to Lynch. I think a round 2 pick at DB is very likely but I didn't want to do a whole mock then. Hamlin is the only guy in FA really so I think a mid round pick is how we add someone. As for Underwood not getting time, he was on IR after getting hurt in preseason. I think he could challenge for the spot, I just put him over Manual on the chart but it could go either way and Manuel probably has the better chance.

Oh, I took Brent Barry in the NBA mock. A lot of the guys I wanted were gone so I took a guy that can shoot the three.

70challenger457
01-01-2007, 06:40 PM

Why not? Not tryin to be arrogant just wonderinhe has said it and acted upon it, he does not want thugs or gangsters. He wants team players, Javon, Carrol... and you look at the guys hes drafted. He will never draft Merriwether

Boston
01-01-2007, 06:40 PM

He's just not a Thompson guy. He's looking for "packer people" and Merriweather just doesn't fit that bill. Granted, i still wouldn't be surprised if we ended up drafting him.

nextyear5
01-01-2007, 06:42 PM

He's just not a Thompson guy. He's looking for "packer people" and Merriweather just doesn't fit that bill. Granted, i still wouldn't be surprised if we ended up drafting him.

So do you guys see Manuel stickin around another year or Underwood or a draft pick? I can't see signing a "starting" safety in two straight years. I think it'll be a draft pick, Meriweather or not.

PACKmanN
01-01-2007, 06:43 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/PACKmanN/BrettLastGamecopy.jpg < if you use that as a wallpaper make sure you put the postion: center and colour: black enjoy. :)
what do you guys think?

GB12
01-01-2007, 06:45 PM

So do you guys see Manuel stickin around another year or Underwood or a draft pick? I can't see signing a "starting" safety in two straight years. I think it'll be a draft pick, Meriweather or not.

S - Nick Collins had a bit of a down year compared to last year but he is still a good starter and should improve. Manuel has blown coverages and at times has trouble wrapping up, but is not as bad as we make him out to be and has improved from the beging of the season. We have good young depth behind them with Culver and Underwood. Culver has got some time this season and hasn't made any big mistakes while in. Underwood has been injured but he was challenging to start and I expect he could do so again. I wanted to go S in the first round but went with a RB. We could go after Hamlin but not too strongly as he will get more than he's worth. Underwood or Manuel will be the guy.

PACKmanN
01-01-2007, 06:51 PM

He's just not a Thompson guy. He's looking for "packer people" and Merriweather just doesn't fit that bill. Granted, i still wouldn't be surprised if we ended up drafting him. So is Robinson a packer person? sometimes you need players with an attuide to pump up the team.

GB12
01-01-2007, 06:53 PM
If he's there in the third I'd take him but not before then. He';; most likely be gone though.

70challenger457
01-01-2007, 07:03 PM

He's just not a Thompson guy. He's looking for "packer people" and Merriweather just doesn't fit that bill. Granted, i still wouldn't be surprised if we ended up drafting him. So is Robinson a packer person? sometimes you need players with an attuide to pump up the team.no, just look at the patriots, the only ones there that are "thugs" are dillion and Harrison both of which arn't anymore

Empire
01-01-2007, 07:10 PM

He's just not a Thompson guy. He's looking for "packer people" and Merriweather just doesn't fit that bill. Granted, i still wouldn't be surprised if we ended up drafting him. So is Robinson a packer person? sometimes you need players with an attuide to pump up the team.

Robinson isn't considered a thug like Merriweather. And quite honestly it doesn't matter what you think, TT won't be drafting Merriweather.

Empire
01-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Empire,

I'll make a side wager with you on Sidney Rice going back to school to get his degree. He can get that after his NFL career. Why wait to get paid?

You're probably right on Samuel. We have the best 1-2 combo at CB already although they both are 30-somethings.

Meriweather not a "Packer person"? That's romantic and all, but hogwash.

He'd look great in Green & Gold. I know Marvin Lewis wants him in Cinci but he's too good to go there.

I don't know too much about Rice except that he said he was going back to school so I'll listen to him.

Merriweather not being a Packer person is a fact. TT instilled the idea of a Packer person when he came to Green Bay. It just is not going to happen so get the idea out of your mind. There's a reason the Bengals are in the state they are and TT does not want that in Green Bay. Sorry

Boston
01-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Grossman finished with more interceptions than completions - 3-2, with a fumbled snap dropped in for good measure - and a dozen first-half passing attempts yielded a pitiful 33 yards. Even loyal-to-a-fault coach Lovie Smith had seen enough by then.

"The plan was to play Rex into the third quarter. After you have a game like that," Smith said, "there is no need. I didn't see there was any need in putting him back in after an effort like that."

I love that stat. :lol:

GB12
01-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Grossman finished with more interceptions than completions - 3-2, with a fumbled snap dropped in for good measure - and a dozen first-half passing attempts yielded a pitiful 33 yards. Even loyal-to-a-fault coach Lovie Smith had seen enough by then.

"The plan was to play Rex into the third quarter. After you have a game like that," Smith said, "there is no need. I didn't see there was any need in putting him back in after an effort like that."

I like that this was only the third year that a Bears QB started the whole season. :lol:

NickCollins36
01-01-2007, 07:21 PM

He's just not a Thompson guy. He's looking for "packer people" and Merriweather just doesn't fit that bill. Granted, i still wouldn't be surprised if we ended up drafting him. So is Robinson a packer person? sometimes you need players with an attuide to pump up the team.no, just look at the patriots, the only ones there that are "thugs" are dillion and Harrison both of which arn't anymore

i like ur avatar:P

70challenger457
01-01-2007, 07:23 PM

I like that this was only the third year that a Bears QB started the whole season. :lol:and it's not like he had a strong grip on that either

70challenger457
01-01-2007, 08:19 PM
any chance a guy like greg olson is avalible in the 2nd

Boston
01-01-2007, 08:42 PM
any chance a guy like greg olson is avalible in the 2nd

Meh. I'd prefer Joe Newton.

jackalope
01-01-2007, 09:25 PM
we really put a whomping on the Bears. real impressive game for us. i think after that game the Bears will have a hard time with their 1st playoff game. Rex played terrible and they have no momentum entering the playoffs. we had an alright season and barely missed the playoffs (damn Rams game). with another productive off season i think we'll get in next year. Favre is probably gone but it could still go either way. i would like to hear "With the 15th pick in the draft the Green Bay Packers select Marshawn Lynch...". Gonzalez is a possibility and i wouldn't be opposed to it but i think he'll stick with the Chiefs.

nextyear5
01-01-2007, 09:30 PM
we really put a whomping on the Bears. real impressive game for us. i think after that game the Bears will have a hard time with their 1st playoff game. Rex played terrible and they have no momentum entering the playoffs. we had an alright season and barely missed the playoffs (damn Rams game). with another productive off season i think we'll get in next year. Favre is probably gone but it could still go either way. i would like to hear "With the 15th pick in the draft the Green Bay Packers select Marshawn Lynch...". Gonzalez is a possibility and i wouldn't be opposed to it but i think he'll stick with the Chiefs.

I like Lynch too but I think Ahman Green is good for another year. That said, I wouldn't pass Lynch up if he is there.

ImBrotherCain
01-01-2007, 09:39 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/PACKmanN/BrettLastGamecopy.jpg < if you use that as a wallpaper make sure you put the postion: center and colour: black enjoy. :)
what do you guys think?

Thats sick i wish you could have made it bigger like a full screen but its soo sick

ny10804
01-01-2007, 09:39 PM
As for TT signing Koren Robinson, you have to remember he was the one who drafted him in Seattle. He also was the one who instrumented the signing of Marquand Manuel in Seattle.

Guys, remember that Ted is quite possibly the best drafter in the NFL:

The low-profile Thompson has a proven track record as an evaluator. Overseeing Seattle's draft board from 2000 through '04, Thompson provided the Seahawks a solid foundation with which they used to make three straight playoff appearances (2003-05). Including Packers safety Nick Collins, Thompson also has selected nine players who have earned all-rookie, All-Pro or Pro Bowl honors.

The notables from Seattle include: Shaun Alexander, Steve Hutchinson, Marcus Trufant, Josh Brown, Koren Robinson, and of course Ken Hamlin.

Nine starters on Seattle's Super Bowl XL team, along with kicker Josh Brown, were drafted by the Seahawks on Thompson's watch.

We've already seen how successful his 2006 draft was, and 2005 did land us a future-star in Nick Collins and a possible replacement for Brett.

Another thing to remember with TT:

Twenty-two years ago, Thompson points out, the Portland Trailblazers drafted for need. They took Sam Bowie and passed on Michael Jordan.

(these quotes are all from his bio on packers.com -- link (http://www.packers.com/team/staff/thompson_ted/))

Windy
01-01-2007, 11:13 PM
morency. hes so hot right now. morency

SterlingSharpe
01-02-2007, 12:06 AM
Gentlemen,

I'm seriously pissed off at Cliff Christl.
This guy is an asshole. He has Axes to grind and he doesn't let results, scores, facts, stats get in the way of what he says before hand. He's been a Javon Walker lover for 2 years and said he is irreplacable for us.

Did you guys see his All Pro team?
The reason it ticks me off so much is this bastard SUBMITTED this to the PF Writers of America. I already have talked with one of his co-worker writers who is legit, and found out who Christl's boss is. If you guys are as PO'd as I am that he slighted Driver and Kampman, his name is Mike Davis and HIS email address is: davis@jsonline.com

Here's the link to his team.
http://www.jsonline.com/blog/index.aspx?id=3&month=12&year=2006

Javon Walker had 69 catches (Driver had 90-something). Driver had 200+ more yards. They both had 8 TDs, and Walker led his team to missing the playoffs.
Plus guys like Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens, Lee Evans, Torry Holt all had better stats than Walker, and some of them made the playoffs while Walker sits. Oh, Walker dropped a crucial pass yesterday late in the Broncos choke loss to SF.

Kampman had more SOLO TACKLES, more ASSISTS, and 2.5 more sacks than Peppers, yet Christl voted for Peppers. Peppers had a down year for him, AK outperformed him, yet this jackazz snubbed our guy.

Oh, as if that wasn't drunk enough, Christl picked P Manning over Drew Brees at QB, and he voted Manning for his MVP over LaDanian Tomlinson.
This guy is a joke.

I'm emailing Christl's boss.
Anyone mad enough to join me?

TitleTown088
01-02-2007, 12:08 AM
man i just realized that Javon was talking mad **** to the packers before the season started saying" we have a chance at winning the superbowl, they have a chance at winning 4 games" **** you javon, you didn't make the playoffs either.

ny10804
01-02-2007, 12:20 AM
I just don't bother reading anything he rights anymore -- except for his coverage of offseason practices and such.

PACKmanN
01-02-2007, 02:19 AM
what do you guys think?what do u guys think?

70challenger457
01-02-2007, 05:43 AM
man i just realized that Javon was talking mad *********** to the packers before the season started saying" we have a chance at winning the superbowl, they have a chance at winning 4 games" *********** you javon, you didn't make the playoffs either.Oh he really showed us, that great team that he went to won one more game...

70challenger457
01-02-2007, 05:43 AM
what do you guys think?what do u guys think?I think it's awsome, I just alreaady have a really cool backround

SterlingSharpe
01-02-2007, 08:44 AM
I love following the kissing girls....

Hey, what is the problem, technical, with this Packers thread?
"No topics exist..." ???

TitleTown088
01-02-2007, 09:14 AM
I love following the kissing girls....

Hey, what is the problem, technical, with this Packers thread?
"No topics exist..." ???

yeah, i guess no one really wants to fix the problem....

sik wit it
01-02-2007, 11:21 AM
hopefully we wont have to deal with favre retiring this year but.....IF he retires this year and he gets emotional during the press conference, will you get emotional as well? Kinda a dumb question but I'm just curious

roidrunner
01-02-2007, 11:23 AM
yes, hes a alltime great. and for the record i would also take a bullet for brett too.

drowe
01-02-2007, 12:26 PM
hopefully we wont have to deal with favre retiring this year but.....IF he retires this year and he gets emotional during the press conference, will you get emotional as well? Kinda a dumb question but I'm just curious

yeah, i'm 26 and i seriously grew up with Brett Favre. watching the Packers play without him is gonna be really hard no matter when it happens.

TitleTown088
01-02-2007, 01:19 PM
yes, hes a alltime great. and for the record i would also take a bullet for brett too.

I would take a bullet for #4 any day of the week too.

01-02-2007, 01:21 PM
I would take a bullet for him and I hate the Packers.

roidrunner
01-02-2007, 01:21 PM

I would take a bullet for #4 any day of the week too. glad to know that i am not the only one.

ny10804
01-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Is M3 supposed to have a press conference today? JSO said he would, but packers.com has nothing listed... I ask only because he could name to OC today.

PACKmanN
01-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Is M3 supposed to have a press conference today? JSO said he would, but packers.com has nothing listed... I ask only because he could name to OC today.Nah IMO, I think he will decide once Favre decides to retire or not. He has to bring in or promote the right person, there no reason to rush it.

01-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Is M3 supposed to have a press conference today? JSO said he would, but packers.com has nothing listed... I ask only because he could name to OC today.Nah IMO, I think he will decide once Favre decides to retire or not. He has to bring in or promote the right person, there no reason to rush it.Yea I remember hearing that the whole will he retire or not won't be a long process this year. Hopefully we can get his decision right after the super bowl or close to that so that TT and MM can do what they want with the team without having the whole retirement thing looming over them.

ny10804
01-02-2007, 02:42 PM
My bad guys, the M3 press conference will be tomorow. If he names the new OC, it will probably be Tom Clements (QB coach) or Joe Philbin (OL coach).

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-02-2007, 03:22 PM
My bad guys, the M3 press conference will be tomorow. If he names the new OC, it will probably be Tom Clements (QB coach) or Joe Philbin (OL coach).i doubt it will be philbin because it was his first year with the zbs

nextyear5
01-02-2007, 03:38 PM
My bad guys, the M3 press conference will be tomorow. If he names the new OC, it will probably be Tom Clements (QB coach) or Joe Philbin (OL coach).i doubt it will be philbin because it was his first year with the zbs

Out of those 2, I would hope he would pick Clements. The last guy I know who got an OC job coming from a offensive line coach was Steve Loney a real crappy OC for the Vikes.

GB12
01-02-2007, 04:07 PM

Out of those 2, I would hope he would pick Clements. The last guy I know who got an OC job coming from a offensive line coach was Steve Loney a real crappy OC for the Vikes.

Didn't Jeff come from an OL coach.

TitleTown088
01-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Green Bay, meanwhile, is poised to bring back running back Ahman Green. He said after the game Sunday that his agent has been in discussions with team management about a new contract. Green held up for the entire season after suffering a season-ending ruptured thigh in 2005 and set a franchise record with his sixth 1,000-yard rushing season. Green had signed a one-year, incentive-laden contract last off-season and tops the Packers' short list of potential free agents this off-season.

"I'm looking forward to next season, being in green and gold. That's the only thing that's on my mind," Green said.

Green, 30 in February, stayed relatively healthy in his ninth season, and averaged four yards-per-carry in 14 starts. The Packers have a strong insurance policy in Vernand Morency and will be able to focus on other need areas (safety, possibly quarterback) with Green re-signed, but guaranteeing him too much money would limit their spending power.

70challenger457
01-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Green Bay, meanwhile, is poised to bring back running back Ahman Green. He said after the game Sunday that his agent has been in discussions with team management about a new contract. Green held up for the entire season after suffering a season-ending ruptured thigh in 2005 and set a franchise record with his sixth 1,000-yard rushing season. Green had signed a one-year, incentive-laden contract last off-season and tops the Packers' short list of potential free agents this off-season.

"I'm looking forward to next season, being in green and gold. That's the only thing that's on my mind," Green said.

Green, 30 in February, stayed relatively healthy in his ninth season, and averaged four yards-per-carry in 14 starts. The Packers have a strong insurance policy in Vernand Morency and will be able to focus on other need areas (safety, possibly quarterback) with Green re-signed, but guaranteeing him too much money would limit their spending power.
I love to see when players are devoted to one team and will do anything for that team

Ace
01-02-2007, 05:32 PM
So, what are your thoughts about the first season of your coach?

nextyear5
01-02-2007, 05:44 PM

Very surprising. I know that not many people were happy when we picked the guy who directed the leagues worst offense last year but he showed some nice play-calling abilities and a commitment to Green Bay and its tradition and to winning. Hope we keep him for a long time.

jpapa4490
01-02-2007, 05:46 PM

I think he exceeded expectations for alot of people.
What do you guys think of our defense, we finished 12 in total D. I think we keep Sanders but I still think we should show schottenheimer the door.

jackalope
01-02-2007, 05:49 PM
So, what are your thoughts about the first season of your coach?i really liked him. he always seemed like a good guy but i was unsure about if he'd be good. he lead us to 8-8, better than most expected. he's got guts and i like that about him. he doesn't hesitate to challenge or go for it on 4th.

70challenger457
01-02-2007, 05:53 PM
So, what are your thoughts about the first season of your coach?he really seemed to keep the team upbeat and positive about things, I think he should stay along with bob sanders

01-02-2007, 05:53 PM

I think he exceeded expectations for alot of people.
What do you guys think of our defense, we finished 12 in total D. I think we keep Sanders but I still think we should show schottenheimer the door.The defense continued to get better throughout the year IMO. They really looked great in the last few games. The season started real rough for the defense but I think it was really easy to see the improvement made during the year. I think we need to give Bob Sanders some credit for improving the defense, everyone was bashing him half way through the year but he got his act together somewhat.

I can't wait for next year to see if the defense can become one of the better one's in the league. They are one of the youngest defenses in the league and will only get better in time.

jackalope
01-02-2007, 06:12 PM
scott says we've got the 15th pick but packers.com says we've got the 16th. what's the deal.

01-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Here's what I wrote about our rookies in one of the rookie thread's

1st Round

AJ Hawk- Took a few games to adjust to the pro game but after that he was an absolute beast. He has played exactly the way everyone expected and will be one of the best LB's in the league in a couple years.

2nd Round

Daryn Colledge- Struggled early, I think he didn't even start the first few games (can't remember if it was just an injury or he was getting outplayed). It took some time for him to get used to the ZBS that GB has and I don't he started playing pretty well untill about halfway through the season. His future is very bright though and he will be a G for the Pack for a long time.

Greg Jennings- As a surprise to everyone he won the #2 receiver spot in the preseason he was great early, he was amazing at making plays after the catch. He suffered an ankle injury around week 6 or 7 and struggled from then on. He was never his old self from then on but still stayed the Pack's #2 receiver. He is supposed to take over for Driver after he leaves as the #1 reciever and if he plays like he did in the first few weeks of the season and the preseason it should be no problem.

Round 3

Abdul Hodge- Started only one game and had a INT for a TD in that game. He didn't look that great in that game though he missed a few tackles and he looked like the rookie he is. I'm interested to see what the Pack do with him he has a lot of talent and can be a good LB in the league in the future.

Jason Spitz- Pretty much the same as Darryn Colledge but I think he outplayed him a little throughout the year. The two of them together should be a good duo for the pack in the future.

Round 4

Cory Rodgers- Was brought in to be the return man but was cut in pre season.

Will Blackmon- Was hurt most of the year, i'm still interested to see how he will translate to the NFL

70challenger457
01-02-2007, 06:21 PM
what I said compared to you was pretty much the same thing

TitleTown088
01-02-2007, 06:25 PM
So, what are your thoughts about the first season of your coach? to tell you the truth i was pretty skeptical at first, but now i love MM and think he will be a good coach as soon as these young players mature a little. His playcalling was great for the majority of the year..

The Legend
01-02-2007, 06:26 PM
with number16 pick in the draft what postion and options are you guys looking at?

jackalope
01-02-2007, 06:46 PM
with number16 pick in the draft what postion and options are you guys looking at?Lynch if he's there, maybe a defensive back. we don't have a lot of major needs.

70challenger457
01-02-2007, 06:51 PM
with number16 pick in the draft what postion and options are you guys looking at?#15, but yeah I want Lynch first and if he's not there Landry

TitleTown088
01-02-2007, 06:54 PM
with number16 pick in the draft what postion and options are you guys looking at?

I want either lynch( i want him the most), jerrett, Ginn if they are avialable. If the packers don;t go RB in round one i hope they snag either booker or bush in the second if they are avialable.

jackalope
01-02-2007, 07:00 PM
with number16 pick in the draft what postion and options are you guys looking at?#15, but yeah I want Lynch first and if he's not there Landryare you sure it's #15? i asked this question earlier.

70challenger457
01-02-2007, 07:39 PM
with number16 pick in the draft what postion and options are you guys looking at?#15, but yeah I want Lynch first and if he's not there Landryare you sure it's #15? i asked this question earlier.thats what scott said

jackalope
01-02-2007, 07:55 PM
with number16 pick in the draft what postion and options are you guys looking at?#15, but yeah I want Lynch first and if he's not there Landryare you sure it's #15? i asked this question earlier.thats what scott saidpackers.com says we've got the 16th

GB12
01-02-2007, 08:43 PM

I want either lynch( i want him the most), jerrett, Ginn if they are avialable. If the packers don;t go RB in round one i hope they snag either booker or bush in the second if they are avialable.

Not Ginn. Jarret would be ok but I definately don't want Ginn and I can't see TT drafting him anyway.

Right now in round 1
1.Lynch
2.Landry
3.Okoye
4.Jarret
5.Nelson

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-02-2007, 08:49 PM
with number16 pick in the draft what postion and options are you guys looking at?#15, but yeah I want Lynch first and if he's not there Landryare you sure it's #15? i asked this question earlier.thats what scott saidpackers.com says we've got the 16thit might be a coin flip thing

RockJock07
01-02-2007, 09:05 PM
I think Lynch would be good, but he may go higher then that. I disagree, i think the pack have many major needs.

WR- After driver and jennings they have role players. Robinson is a wild card, if he can be the Koren of old, they will be better off, but they have to get one high in the draft or FA. Holiday has been a nice surprise.

RB- Green was decent, but GB needs a game changer. Lynch would be an ideal fit. maybe Michael bush in the 2nd?

TE- This is by far the most glaring offense need. All the TE's are awful, Franks has been down right sickening. The TE from the U, olsen looks like he could be a 2nd round pick. Tony Gonzales would be amazing but that would a reach. either way, this is the biggest need.

DB- Nickle back is a major need too. I still think will Blackmon would be a better option then pactrick dendy but blackmon can't stay heathy. But in the middle rounds, a DB would be a good pick.

DL- Some sort of DL help is needed, Jenkins and kampman at the ends, but Pickett needs a partner inside.

Even though the packers were 8-8 they need alot of help.

nextyear5
01-02-2007, 09:23 PM
with number16 pick in the draft what postion and options are you guys looking at?#15, but yeah I want Lynch first and if he's not there Landryare you sure it's #15? i asked this question earlier.thats what scott saidpackers.com says we've got the 16thit might be a coin flip thing

It's not, the only coin flip is the Bucs/Browns, someones wrong :shock:

nextyear5
01-02-2007, 09:25 PM
I think Lynch would be good, but he may go higher then that. I disagree, i think the pack have many major needs.

WR- After driver and jennings they have role players. Robinson is a wild card, if he can be the Koren of old, they will be better off, but they have to get one high in the draft or FA. Holiday has been a nice surprise.

RB- Green was decent, but GB needs a game changer. Lynch would be an ideal fit. maybe Michael bush in the 2nd?

TE- This is by far the most glaring offense need. All the TE's are awful, Franks has been down right sickening. The TE from the U, olsen looks like he could be a 2nd round pick. Tony Gonzales would be amazing but that would a reach. either way, this is the biggest need.

DB- Nickle back is a major need too. I still think will Blackmon would be a better option then pactrick dendy but blackmon can't stay heathy. But in the middle rounds, a DB would be a good pick.

DL- Some sort of DL help is needed, Jenkins and kampman at the ends, but Pickett needs a partner inside.

Even though the packers were 8-8 they need alot of help.

I disagree that Franks is awful. His pass catching skills definately diminished but he is one of the best blocking TE's in the league. Tell me the last time you saw him laying on the turf trying to block. So comon, he's not "sickening."

GB12
01-02-2007, 09:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9901730

If the official site of the NFL has them at 16 that's what I'm believing.

Hawk
01-02-2007, 09:56 PM
If we could get Landry and then Bush in the 2nd, that would be ideal. TE is an issue though, we need someone who can be a big time red zone threat which Franks used to be but hasnt shown lately.

01-03-2007, 12:03 AM
If we could get Landry and then Bush in the 2nd, that would be ideal. TE is an issue though, we need someone who can be a big time red zone threat which Franks used to be but hasnt shown lately.I'm not sure about all the other TE's in the draft but with the two most talked about TE's Olsen or Miller I dunno if our draft position will allow us to take them. I think it would be too big of a reach in the first round and i'm not sure if they would drop to them in the 2nd. If one of them drops to our 2nd round pick than I don't think there sould be a hesitation to pick one of them up.

01-03-2007, 12:06 AM

Not Ginn. Jarret would be ok but I definately don't want Ginn and I can't see TT drafting him anyway.

Right now in round 1
1.Lynch
2.Landry
3.Okoye
4.Jarret
5.NelsonI don't think Okoye should be that high, I would like to fill the other positions before DT. I think you should put Okoye at 5 and bump up Nelson and Jarret to 3 and 4 respectively.

RockJock07
01-03-2007, 12:11 AM
No, I think franks has been sickening, he drops passes alot. The packers aren't paying him for his blocking ability, it's time to produce or get rid of him. He needs to produce TD's or be cut, he was signed to be the red-zone threat he used to be. His "blocking ablilty" cost the packers a TD in the vikings game. It's time for change, he needs to be replaced!

70challenger457
01-03-2007, 05:40 AM
If we could get Landry and then Bush in the 2nd, that would be ideal. TE is an issue though, we need someone who can be a big time red zone threat which Franks used to be but hasnt shown lately.I'm not sure about all the other TE's in the draft but with the two most talked about TE's Olsen or Miller I dunno if our draft position will allow us to take them. I think it would be too big of a reach in the first round and i'm not sure if they would drop to them in the 2nd. If one of them drops to our 2nd round pick than I don't think there sould be a hesitation to pick one of them up.from what it looks like if olson saying olson is going to fall to us is not much of a strech

70challenger457
01-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Ya know guys, Joe Newton could be a real solid round 3 pick, from what scott says he's got good solid reliable hands, blocks decent just isn't all that fast and has had injuries, I think it was a knee. I think if thew opotunity for Greg Olson doesn't come about in the second I would like to see Newton in the 3rd

ImBrotherCain
01-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Well you guys are talking about a safety and i know we could use a upgrade at OLB. How about a guy like Aaron Rouse from Virginia Tech? They say hes a DB/LB Tweener and i think he could sneek in to the first two rounds.

Jim Jim
01-03-2007, 10:59 AM
SHORTLIST OF NEEDS.

DB: I'm meshing safety and cornerback together here, because it is our top need. What would happen if Harris forces a holdout or, if him or Charles got hurt? We'd be screwed because we have nothing behind them at all. They're both getting up there, it's better to have a replacement in place now and not later.

WR: I like Holliday, but I don't think he's much more than a fourth wideout. Martin is okay, but has a lot of mental laspes. I think we need a solid guy to come in and who can make plays, stretch the defense, open up the field for Driver and Jennings.

RB: Ahman Green showed some of his old burst at Chicago, but I think that may have been running for the dollars, because he didn't run with that much vigor the entire season. I like Morency and think he could be a solid 1-2 punch with a draft choice.

OLB: Poppinga is decent, but I think we could use some healthy competition here.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-03-2007, 11:14 AM
I honestly have no idea what's going to happen for our draft. Last year I was talking AJ Hawk in October/November, it's so much harder picking in the middle of the first round with a far less glaring need. We could go anywhere from Lynch to TE Zach Miller, Ted Ginn, Dwayne Jarrett, Landry, Nelson, or a corner. I think TE is the most galring for a first round pick but the question is whether or not TT will address that in Free Agency. If we do the pick is somebody else. The two biggest keys to our early draft is Ahman Green's status come draft time and if there's any new Tight End's on the roster.

CARDIAC CAT 7
01-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Perfect Scenario would be RB first round A.Peterson (maybe get real lucky and he falls, RB is the position that falls the most on draft day), M. Lynch (probable pick). Then in the second round take G.Olson or Z.Miller (probable to come out). Then in the third round get a tough corner of a workout warrior (A.Carroll) or a fast 40 (W.Blackmon, he still has a chance) someone along the lines of an Al Harris because he cant play forever.

Found This List of Free Agents:
Unestricted free agents:
RB Ahman Green (should resign)
TE Donald Lee
TE David Martin
DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (if unsigned then this could be 1st Rnd pick)
DT Kendrick Allen
LB Ben Taylor
LB Tracy White
LS Rob Davis
Restricted free agent:
DT Cullen Jenkins

SterlingSharpe
01-03-2007, 12:54 PM
I don't think KGB is a free agent.

Cullen Jenkins is gonna cost us some big $....

sik wit it
01-03-2007, 01:47 PM

he wont cost us too much money, nothing we should worry about

CARDIAC CAT 7
01-03-2007, 02:12 PM

I wasnt sure KGB was a free agent either. O well last time I go to that site.

roughrider30
01-03-2007, 02:35 PM
I honestly have no idea what's going to happen for our draft. Last year I was talking AJ Hawk in October/November, it's so much harder picking in the middle of the first round with a far less glaring need. We could go anywhere from Lynch to TE Zach Miller, Ted Ginn, Dwayne Jarrett, Landry, Nelson, or a corner. I think TE is the most galring for a first round pick but the question is whether or not TT will address that in Free Agency. If we do the pick is somebody else. The two biggest keys to our early draft is Ahman Green's status come draft time and if there's any new Tight End's on the roster.

I would agree with you that TE is probably our most glaring need, but value wise I dont think it will be the best pick in the first round. I think it is clear that our needs on offense are a receiving TE, RB, and a WR. IMO our first round pick will need to be someone who can score TDs other than Driver, whether it is a red zone threat or a playmaker. This could be filled by Lynch, Ginn, and Jarrett. This is key especially if Favre leaves, Rodgers will need another target in order to succeed. We were the second worst team in the NFL, behind the Raiders, in Red Zone scoring.

01-03-2007, 02:42 PM

I would agree with you that TE is probably our most glaring need, but value wise I dont think it will be the best pick in the first round. I think it is clear that our needs on offense are a receiving TE, RB, and a WR. IMO our first round pick will need to be someone who can score TDs other than Driver, whether it is a red zone threat or a playmaker. This could be filled by Lynch, Ginn, and Jarrett. This is key especially if Favre leaves, Rodgers will need another target in order to succeed. We were the second worst team in the NFL, behind the Raiders, in Red Zone scoring.You make a good point by saying especially if Favre leaves. I think if he does leave than they must address the offense in the first round. TD's might be tough to come by without him.

Pack_Attack_4
01-03-2007, 02:57 PM
If Favre leaves we should take Dwayne Jarrett, A.Rods goanna need another target, plus this guys huge in the redzone (6'5 210).

GB12
01-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Right now in round 1
1.Lynch
2.Landry
3.Okoye
4.Jarret
5.NelsonI don't think Okoye should be that high, I would like to fill the other positions before DT. I think you should put Okoye at 5 and bump up Nelson and Jarret to 3 and 4 respectively.

I meant to have Jarret ahead of him but there is just something that makes me want him more than Nelson. This has to be one of the hardests years to decide though.