PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

cvv84
12-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Oh playoffs, how nice you would have been.

There's still plenty of time. We need to get a TD here and a stop though.

umphrey
12-12-2010, 02:36 PM
pretty much my nightmare going on right here. hard to watch, but if we pull it off I'll be super excited

Sportsfan486
12-12-2010, 02:37 PM
There's still plenty of time. We need to get a TD here and a stop though.

I'm not sure if you noticed but our starting QB is out, our backup didn't know his own 3rd down call, and we have no running game.

Sack.

**** NFL rules, put Rodgers in.

cvv84
12-12-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm not sure if you noticed but our starting QB is out, our backup didn't know his own 3rd down call, and we have no running game.

Sack.

**** NFL rules, put Rodgers in.

We've been missing players all season long, this is nothing new.

cvv84
12-12-2010, 02:41 PM
pretty much my nightmare going on right here. hard to watch, but if we pull it off I'll be super excited

McCarthy and Co. have to have their prepared each week. They just seem to come out and go through the motions while the Lions are playing with emotion. Poor preparation on our part IMO and that falls on the coaching staff. Our guys look lost out there.

umphrey
12-12-2010, 02:45 PM
McCarthy and Co. have to have their prepared each week. They just seem to come out and go through the motions while the Lions are playing with emotion. Poor preparation on our part IMO and that falls on the coaching staff. Our guys look lost out there.
I like what McCarthy does. Our team always feels like that Greg Jennings interception. The ball (and game) is just within our reach but when we really need it someone makes a mistake and gives the game away.

tjsunstein
12-12-2010, 02:46 PM
We're very much in this. Just have to be smart about it. Our defense did us a favor the last couple drives.

Sportsfan486
12-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Come On! Come On! ******* Do This! Do This!

umphrey
12-12-2010, 02:48 PM
I definitely feel like Flynn is much less likely to make a mistake and throw and interception now than when he was fresh off the bench, so there's hope...

cvv84
12-12-2010, 02:50 PM
****, we're gonna win this

Sportsfan486
12-12-2010, 02:51 PM
If this happens.. Atheism will cease to exist. The first ever televised Godly miracle

tjsunstein
12-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Matt Flynn is pretty bad.

umphrey
12-12-2010, 02:53 PM
terrible play calling there. the draw play on 2nd and 2 especially pissed me off and taking a shot at the end zone should have come on 3rd and 1 not 4th and 1

cvv84
12-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Gutsy call - if Aaron Rodgers was in at QB...

terrible play calling there. the draw play on 2nd and 2 especially pissed me off and taking a shot at the end zone should have come on 3rd and 1 not 4th and 1

Yeah that made no sense considering how poorly our offensive line has been playing and that we've been moving the ball through the air with ease.

PackerLegend
12-12-2010, 02:54 PM
I wish FOX would have just stayed frozen for me so I didnt have to watch this.

tjsunstein
12-12-2010, 02:57 PM
I agree that the playcalling really killed our chances at the end. The draw as mentioned, the long pass. Just why. What was the thought process there? You didn't need to win the game on that play, just stay alive.

Sportsfan486
12-12-2010, 03:00 PM
I just don't see how we make the playoffs now. Rodgers coming off a concussion to face the Patriots, Giants, Bears? With how horribly the entire team played today? Our only hope is that the Giants and Bucs collapse down the stretch and we eke out another win or the Bears collapse down the stretch and we beat them week 17 and somehow win tiebreakers (which means the Bears HAVE to lose to Minny now. HAVE TO. Or they don't even need to win that game against us.)

I'm also going to go ahead and say **** YOU Greg Jennings. Two dropped TDs. Thanks man, good job. And McCarthy. Awful playcalling and no challenge on a possible TD. ******* idiot.

cvv84
12-12-2010, 03:06 PM
I just don't see how we make the playoffs now.

Its definetly a big blow. We faced an uphill battle to start with and now we'd need alot of help just to have a chance.

I like McCarthy but it just amazes me at how different this team plays at times. They don't seem motivated at all. With all these injuries we suffered I still feel like we are a much better team then how we have played.

Also just think if had Ryan Grant return against the Falcons like he said he could have. Are Donald Lee, Tom Crabtree, and Quinn Johnson that much more important? I know its a moot point and we couldn't wait on Grant to potentially return but those guys have given us little to nothing so far this season.

But oh well, I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the season reguardless. Things don't always go our way but there has been improvement.

Sportsfan486
12-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Grant said he could have returned? Are you kidding me? I didn't hear that.

Couple points on this game I'd like to mention since we're all miserable right now.

*Awful OLine play. Lions have a good DLine but they were down to a 3rd string End, yet we got manhandled

*Awful playcalling. "Hey, let's hand it off the Brandon "I NEVER get more then 3 yards and usually -1 or -2" Jackson at crucial moments

*Jennings. Followed up his hot games by completely flubbing this one. One super easy TD catch dropped (for an INT) and one very makeable but slightly more difficult TD catch dropped. Either would have been enough to win the game.

*Flynn. I am laughing my ass off at those of you who said he had trade value. Didn't even know the plays. Horrible accuracy. Mediocre arm. Looks confused, at best, out there.

*Slide.. god.. damnit... Rodgers. Dude. You were 10 yards past the 1st down. Slide. Also, it wasn't even a hard hit and your head hit the turf. THAT gives you a concussion? Do we have reason to be concerned for his career?

*Run defense. Really. That's how you guys roll, huh? Look, we kept them scoreless most of the game so not going to complain too much but come ON.

*McCarthy taking his challenges home to shove his dick in. Second week in a row a CRUCIAL play wasn't challenged with a very possible chance of overturning and we were left with 2 challenges and useless timeouts at the end of the game. It looked to me like the ball bounced off Jennings hands, into his chest, and he secured it. Didn't see many replays but from the 3 I saw that's what it looked like to me; a catch for a TD.

I also want to repeat, unless the Bears lose to us week 17 AND lose 2 more than us the rest of the way (ie lose to the Pats this week + 1 more + lose to us and we win 3 straight) they win the division.

cvv84
12-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Grant said he could have returned? Are you kidding me? I didn't hear that.

Well here (http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20101124/PKR01/101124150/1057/PKR&located=rss) you go.

I don't think he'd be 100% but might've been able to help the RB by committee out and eventually work himself back up.

tjsunstein
12-12-2010, 03:23 PM
It's funny that non-Packers fans bring up the fact we have injuries more than Packers fans do. Yet, we get bitched at when talking about it when in reality we're just defending our team. Yeah, injuries are part of the game. I get that. But you see just how much it's effected this team. We have 5 losses, with today's loss by 4 being the biggest of them all.

The importance of Grant, Finley, Burnett, Barnett, Bigby, Tausher, Brad Jones, and Rodgers today, equals to atleast 4 more points per game. Atleast. Hate us for being frustrated because that's all it is. Losing two starting safeties, your starting MLB, without your best DL in Jenkins, and key components of your offense, it's tough to watch. When looking for answers as to why we're losing these close games, you have to go directly to the injuries then playcalling. We had a chance to win today and our playcalling killed us on the last 3 plays but give us a healthy Rodgers, Grant, and Finley right there then we easily win. I know the Lions are banged up but we've beaten them the last 7+ times.

When a Packers fan posts, it's gonna be about injuries. It's our biggest storyline this year. What would you like us to post about? Please tell us so we can cater to your desires. In return, I don't want anymore Brady vs. Manning debates. No more Brett Favre anything. I'll think of more later but we'll start at that. Because that's how ridiculous it is to ask posters to not talk about the most important story of the season. Keep mocking us, but just understand that there have been more posts from non-packers about their injuries trying to be funny.

Yeah, I'm a little heated right now. This game represented our season.

princefielder28
12-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Injuries played a role in our loss today but poor play calling from Mike McCarthy was what cost us the game more than anything

Sportsfan486
12-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Well here (http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20101124/PKR01/101124150/1057/PKR&located=rss) you go.

I don't think he'd be 100% but might've been able to help the RB by committee out and eventually work himself back up.

Oh, meh, he's not even walking yet. Just wants to play. No team would have put him in that risk (we might have with Levens in '98 but times have changed with safety in the NFL.)

Really curious if someone else saw a better replay of the Jennings endzone drop or had TiVo or something and was able to get a good look at whether it was a catch or not. It's burning me up inside.

RockJock07
12-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I didn't watch the game and when i heard the final score i was literally speechless. I haven't seen any highlights so don't know what happened with Rodgers, Jennings, and this 4th and 1 call.

I'm just very disappointed in the whole team. This was a trap game but jesus, have some pride and step-up. Flynn in or not, 3 points is not acceptable.

I guess my FIRST gut reaction was to fire MM. I've come down from that now and I'm not even thinking about playoffs because they aren't happening. if Flynn has to start they will lose the remaining games on their schedule and go 8-8 which wouldn't get anyone fired because of injuries.

It sounds like from all of you that the team came out flat and that the play calling was brutal. That's not only on MM but also on Rodgers, Jennings, and the rest of the leaders on this team that set the tone.

I would put this lose up against the Bucs loss last year but against the Lions, you have to find a way to get the Win.

At least the Bears seem to be getting gashed....

umphrey
12-12-2010, 04:03 PM
I've seen so many more posts about people making fun of our injuries than GB fans talking about them it's ridiculous. And it's not even the least bit funny to anyone. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me and I usually hold back but once in awhile I just can't stand it and have to point out how dumb they're being. I was on about a 4-5 week streak that got broken today out of frustration. Unfortunately it just fuels the fire.

W T F do you think Chargers fans would post if Rivers got knocked out in the 2nd quarter or Indy fans or Pats fans in a key game? It makes me sick.

Sportsfan486
12-12-2010, 04:11 PM
I didn't watch the game and when i heard the final score i was literally speechless. I haven't seen any highlights so don't know what happened with Rodgers, Jennings, and this 4th and 1 call. \

Offense was completely flat and awful. Jennings dropped an easy TD pass early on, which bounced into a Lions hand for an INT. Rodgers had a 15 yard run and refused to slide at the end, took a hit and got a concussion. The Lions consistently destroyed the pocket with 4 lineman and no blitz. DESTROYED it.

Flynn got us to the goalline and threw a pick. Bad playcalling at crucial moments. We got to their 30 at the end of the game, got a 2nd and 2, then ran 3 consecutive bad playcalls. Flynn looked awful, on one third down he turned to the wrong side for a handoff and looked confused all game. Jennings also dropped another TD in the endzone from Flynn that we ended up with a FG from.

cvv84
12-12-2010, 04:17 PM
To me with these injuries, reguardless I truely feel that we're a better team then everyone that we've played so far. It just doesn't seem that we come to play every week, minus a few players. Where is the passion? Where is the effort? Every year its becoming a broken record. Poor special teams, poor offensive line play, penalties galore, and terrible tackling. I like McCarthy but how can these issues continually be ignored? We have to scrap this ZBS ******** at the very least and if our tackling would improve I can live with the rest.

Sportsfan486
12-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I agree. The fact that our special teams is always horrible and our teams can't tackle really reflects on coaching.

Also, I just threw up in my mouth a little seeing the Bears down 24-0. Congrats, it means nothing to us; even if they get blown out we need them to lose to Minny to in any way even the playing field (that'd give us = division losses if we won week 17.)

Argh.

jackalope
12-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Even with this loss being as discouraging as it is, I still believe we end up making the playoffs if Rodgers starts the remainder of our games.

Sportsfan486
12-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Even with this loss being as discouraging as it is, I still believe we end up making the playoffs if Rodgers starts the remainder of our games.

We no longer control our destiny. Easiest path is the Giants and Bucs failing and us beating them. Second easiest is the Bears losing to Minny, us beating the Giants, then beating the Bears.

Redskins flubbed an extra point that would have given them an OT chance against the Bucs today.

We need to start rooting for Minny. We want them to win their last four games.

And Rodgers is probably out for next week. Second concussion on the year, can't see them letting him play; the NFL-PA would be PISSED. The "good" news is we can take a loss to the Pats, our MUST WINS are the Giants and Bears. If we lose either of those we're toast.

J-Mike88
12-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Injuries played a role in our loss today but poor play calling from Mike McCarthy was what cost us the game more than anything
The fumble by Quarless on the first drive, at the Lions 30 yard line on what would have been a 1st down and routine TD drive.... that played a huge role.

The fumbled TD pass right to Jennings 2 hands..... either of those would have been enough to win this game, and it would have gotten the team on track as expected.

This NFC loss, this DIVISIONAL loss.... absolutely pathetic. Inexcusable.

Matt Flynn sucks.
He's slow.
And he'd dumber than a box of **** rocks.

Crucial 3rd & short play... off a TIMEOUT where we talked about the play, and he turns the wrong way on the handoff?

Final play, 4th down, he goes deep to an open Jennings, and he overthrows him? Just like Rodgers in the Cardinal game in overtime.
On plays like that, you need to err on the side of underthrows, not overthrows.
On underthrows, the WR can see the ball and get it. And more often than not, the DB ends up banging into the WR who stops to get the ball and gets the huge pass interference calls.

We would have won with a veteran backup today like a Jon Kitna or Mark Brunell I believe.

Matt Flynn just cost himself millions of dollars today because there might have been a team out there that was willing to blindly throw a big contract at him a la what the stupid Seahawks did this year for Charlie Whitehurst based on his preseason numbers.

On a positive note, at least our loss today wasn't by 3 points. We broke that trend.

Final note: How bout that White Wall today? The OL sucked, and it didn't matter that #7 honkee Jason Spitz was in, or #8 honkee TJ Lang was in. No holes for RBs and QBs never had a nice pocket. #6 honkee Bulaga (Tauscher was #5) was steamrolled backwards many times. Clifton was ran around like a slow fat farmer. Tom Crabtree was manhandled by his guy and that's why this guy made the team, his supposed strong blocking. Where was Donald Lee? At least he can block.

This was the same Lions defense that allowed 45 points to the Patriots 2 weeks ago, and 30 or something to Chicago last week. We put up 3. Graham Harrell would have fared better than Flynn. Maybe even Jordy Nelson who I think was our emergency QB.

drowe
12-12-2010, 05:28 PM
And, ya know what. **** Matt Flynn. For the alleged praise, he had 2.5 quarters to get a TD or a couple FGs against Detroit and he laid an egg. Flynn fail.

senormysterioso
12-12-2010, 05:39 PM
That interception in the endzone is the only thing that Flynn did that was unforgivable.

It's so frustrating to **** the bed like that.

Sportsfan486
12-12-2010, 05:55 PM
That interception in the endzone is the only thing that Flynn did that was unforgivable.

It's so frustrating to **** the bed like that.

That third down where he went the wrong direction is the other, imo. How do you go the wrong way as a QB? You're the backup, you should know the plays like the back of your hand.

BloodBrother
12-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Man, Rodgers needs to get down and slide. Those extra 2-3 yards he got(well after he had the 1st down) knocked him out of this game and might knock him out against the Pats. Can't have the QB taking unnecessary hits. Get the **** down!

Playcalling again was baffling. McCarthy needs to hire a real O coordinator who can call the plays and he can focus on rallying the team and game clock management, etc. He suffers in those aspects because he's so focused on trying to call th eplays that he either misses the chance at possible challenges or bungles up the clock management. You don't go for it all on 4th and 1 with the backup in there. Come on. Had a good minute left in the game and 2 timeouts and was on the 32 freakin yard line. Just move the freakin sticks. The Flynn INT in the red zone was awful, but would it have killed Mike to at least call a RUN play there? 1st and goal at the 9 and he's got Flynn airing it out. For gods sake, don't put too much on his plate, he's the backup.

OL/DL got straight up whipped today. That's the main story of the game. They just got flatout beat in the trenches. Pitiful performance by the OL and the DL got gashed for run after run. I swear it was "2nd and 5" every time for Detroit.

Even with Rodgers, they probably don't win @ NE...without him, well, then it's just not worth watching. They still have a chance though. 10-6 could get a wildcard. They must beat NYG and the Bears of course, and then hope for a bit of luck. Would be nice if the Vikings beat the Bears. Pack will need that to AT LEAST have a shot at the division, assuming the Bears go 1-3 or so(definitely possible)

tough loss, but not a season ender. They still control their own destiny...although if they lose vs the Pats(which I see happening) then they'll need some outside help from the Vikes and whoever plays the Bucs/NYG down the stretch

jsa230
12-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Is there any chance Rodgers doesnt play next week.

EvilMonkey
12-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Man, Rodgers needs to get down and slide. Those extra 2-3 yards he got

actually, it was an extra 12 yards. Absolutely inexcusable to not slide. My thoughts on today can be summed up with this,

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo5/Bluth54/Double_Facepalm.jpg

BloodBrother
12-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Is there any chance Rodgers doesnt play next week.

Of course. This is his 2nd concussion this year. If he doesn't pass the tests then he won't play

senormysterioso
12-12-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Rodgers just decided not to slide anymore. He got absolutely screwed on spots this year and also got hit more often than not when he slides.

J-Mike88
12-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Because Tampa Bay owns the tiebreakers over us (and they have home games against these schitty Lions and the even schitter Seahawks next, and will go to 10-5 then), we have to win the division now, and because we lost a KEY DIVISIONAL game today, our only hope is for the Bears to lose to Minnesota and us. That's it. We 100% need the Vikings to beat the Bears, and us to beat the Giants and Bears.

We absolutely pissed in our own bed and deserve this consequence because we lost so many games we had in our grasp, from the Redskins to Bears to Dolphins. We should have won those games. And Atlanta.

If you can't beat teams like that, forget the playoffs. It's a shame to waste some careers like those of Driver and Woodson and Clifton who are all on the way down.

J-Mike88
12-12-2010, 10:00 PM
This was a game that should have been a blowout by the time Rodgers got hurt in the 2nd quarter. Here's a recap of our first 4 drives in that first quarter. Thanks to our defense, our offense had a chance to blow them out early if our offense clicked early.

FIRST QUARTER

Tight end Andrew Quarless catches a pass over the middle, spins and tries to fight for a few extra yards but doesn't secure the ball and fumbles. Cornerback Brandon McDonald recovers for the Lions.

On the Packers second possession, Aaron Rodgers drops back on 3rd-and-1 (because we are a weak, finesse OL that can't run for a yard) and is sacked by defensive end Turk McBride. Punt. Two drives, no points on the same team that made Cutler look great last week and made Tom Brady look like.... Tom Brady, on Thanksgiving.

On the Packers third possession, a 2nd down draw to Brandon Jackson goes nowhere when he is swallowed up by Lions rookie defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, whom nobody blocked. Rodgers misfires on third-and-long with four wideouts. Punt again, 3 drives, nothing to show.

On the Packs next possession, on second down, receiver Greg Jennings gets deep behind cornerback Amari Spivey. Jennings has 2 steps on Spivey and Rodgers delivers a perfect pass.
Horrifically, the ball bounces off Jennings' hands, then off his helmet and right into the hands of Spivey, who is trailing the play. Instead of giving up a touchdown, Spivey has a gift-wrapped interception, courtesy of Jennings.

Easy points left on the field, and a game that could have easily been 21-0, was 0-0.

J-Mike88
12-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Now this is also more bullschit.
Look, we all hate the Vikings.... and I hate that Metrodome because that place pipes in fake loud noise, and that roof holds the noise in... I've seen the Packers go 0-5 in there in person, will never go again.

But here we are, actually rooting hard for the Vikings in their next 2 games, which are their final home games. Now they don't need the games because amazingly they're out of it, so they're not putting up much of a fuss... but these 2 games, against the GIANTS and the BEARS are possibly not even going to be played in the Metrodome and already of course the Giants game isn't even a home game now for the Vikings.

So about the only time ever I root for the Vikings and root for that damn noise to be pumped up, they don't even get to play there.

They better get that roof fixed before next Monday night when the Bears play there. That game is a 100% must-win for the Vikings if we want to make the playoffs. How sad it is that we no longer control our own destiny because of a pathetic loss to the Motor City Kittens.

CJSchneider
12-12-2010, 11:07 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2OnU5WQjluE/TLKidNIPW4I/AAAAAAAAAL0/HJ9UR2Hzk74/s1600/Packers+injury+threat+level.jpg

I'd say you guys just went to threat level orange.

Me Likey Rookies
12-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Because Tampa Bay owns the tiebreakers over us (and they have home games against these schitty Lions and the even schitter Seahawks next, and will go to 10-5 then), we have to win the division now, and because we lost a KEY DIVISIONAL game today, our only hope is for the Bears to lose to Minnesota and us. That's it. We 100% need the Vikings to beat the Bears, and us to beat the Giants and Bears.

I just had a scenario on the playoff simulator where bucs, pack, giants all went 10-6 and the packers got in as the 6th seed. What tiebreaker do we have?

bearsfan_51
12-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Certainly possible, but your chances at the division just got real bleak unless we lose to the Vikings next week.

RockJock07
12-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Of course. This is his 2nd concussion this year. If he doesn't pass the tests then he won't play

He's not going to play. For the most part any player who has had a concussion has sat the next week. Rodgers got that concussion in Washington but he played which seemed odd but how many players this year have come back the next week after suffering a concussion?

Being his 2nd this year personally for his health I'd rather have him sit and be fully ready for the Giants and Bears. Who knows he could miss more then just the New England game.

Stafford4Prez
12-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!!lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!! Lions!!!!

J-Mike88
12-13-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm watching McCarthy's press conference now LIVE on Packers.com

Notes

-Cullen Jenkins probably out for at least 2 more games (NE & NYG)
-Zombo probably out this week, our 6th LB out
-Colledge possibly could go in New England
-QB Graham Harrell is a viable option to suit up Sunday
-Probably won't know til Thursday if Rodgers has a chance to play

Very short presser.... McCarthy looks EXHAUSTED.

cvv84
12-13-2010, 03:59 PM
McCarthy looks EXHAUSTED.

Probably from searching for the rest of his gameplan.

umphrey
12-13-2010, 05:15 PM
It sucks pretty badly but playing New England possibly without Rodgers, then the Giants and Bears, I'm starting to think more about the draft than playoffs...

We would need to win out to have a chance and going 2-1 the only way we could get in would mean the Bears losing every game, I think.

jackalope
12-13-2010, 05:37 PM
It sucks pretty badly but playing New England possibly without Rodgers, then the Giants and Bears, I'm starting to think more about the draft than playoffs...

We would need to win out to have a chance and going 2-1 the only way we could get in would mean the Bears losing every game, I think.

Not true. It may be more complicated than this, but if we lose to New England but beat Chicago and New York, we could make the playoffs with the Giants losing one of their other games (Minnesota, Philadelphia, Washington).

J-Mike88
12-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Not true. It may be more complicated than this, but if we lose to New England but beat Chicago and New York, we could make the playoffs with the Giants losing one of their other games (Minnesota, Philadelphia, Washington).
We're only one game back of the Bears.
If they lose to Minnesota and us, they get to 2 divisional losses, and we'd have 2 divisional losses.
We'd each have the same conference record (each would have 1 AFC loss, to New England).
The next tiebreaker would give it to us: overall strength of schedule.

So it ain't over yet, but we need the Vikings to beat the Bears, and we really want that game next Monday night to be in the loud, raucous Metrodump.

GB12
12-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Certainly possible, but your chances at the division just got real bleak unless we lose to the Vikings next week.
If you beat the Vikings you clinch.
Tampa is a bigger threat than New York. They have Detroit, Seattle, and then a New Orleans team who won't have anything to play for unless they beat Atlanta.

Boston
12-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Well if there's any good news in all of this it's the fact that we're absolutely going to dominate teams next season.

umphrey
12-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Well if there's any good news in all of this it's the fact that we're absolutely going to dominate teams next season.
well unless the same thing happens next season

I see the offensive line as a huge flaw especially for next year and until we fix that we are going to continue losing to good teams

GB12
12-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Scrap the ZBS, let Colledge and Spitz walk, sign Carl Nicks, and draft Gabe Carimi.

Bulaga-Sitton-Wells-Nicks-Carimi

Boston
12-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah seriously, the ZBS was such a big mistake, the Packers should not be a finesse running team that can't move people, that just doesn't sound right at all.

GB12
12-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Well this is definitely the time to make the decision. Spitz and Colledge are done with their contracts, Wells is done next year, Tauscher will probably be cut, and Clifton is close to retirement. Any change to the offensive line needs to happen this year. I'd go hard after Carl Nicks or Logan Mankins with Ryan Kalil as plan C if he somehow makes it to free agency. Add a top level young veteran to Sitton and Bulaga and we have a nice start to having a good offensive line for years to come.

bearsfan_51
12-13-2010, 08:30 PM
If you beat the Vikings you clinch.
If we beat the Vikings we have 10 wins, the Packers only have 5 losses. So, not quite.

GB12
12-13-2010, 08:38 PM
If we beat the Vikings we have 10 wins, the Packers only have 5 losses. So, not quite.

Ah right, Bears beat the Vikings plus any Packers loss and you clinch.

jackalope
12-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Scrap the ZBS, let Colledge and Spitz walk, sign Carl Nicks, and draft Gabe Carimi.

Bulaga-Sitton-Wells-Nicks-Carimi

Carimi would be my ideal first round pick, but would you expect him to play LT with Bulaga at RT?

J-Mike88
12-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, we're basically all assuming we're at 6 losses with the trip to New England Sunday.
Many people are advising the Packers to not even make the trip to Foxboro.

Just call-in, take the L, and rest up for the Giants and Bears games.
Not only will it allow us some extra rest, it will most likely prevent 2 or 3 more guys from suffering season-ending injuries.

Sportsfan486
12-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Well, we're basically all assuming we're at 6 losses with the trip to New England Sunday.
Many people are advising the Packers to not even make the trip to Foxboro.

Just call-in, take the L, and rest up for the Giants and Bears games.
Not only will it allow us some extra rest, it will most likely prevent 2 or 3 more guys from suffering season-ending injuries.

All we can hope for is Rodgers plays, the Pats slip up, and we pull it out. Considering probably the LAST team you want to go up against is the Patriots with a hobbled QB and tons of injuries (might not be the most physical team but they're coached to be absolutely ruthless) especially at FOXBORO.. argh.

We need to win out to make the Playoffs. The Vikings aren't going to win another game with T-Jax and this team utterly not caring about the season any more. 10-6 probably won't get us into the playoffs, or at least would rely on tiebreakers which NONE of us want to gamble on.

Please.. Please Rodgers.. come back and play with inspiration. When you see doubles, just throw right between them. When in doubt, just fall to the ground and assume a fetal position. If you feel any pressure, just FALL AND ASSUME A FETAL POSITION. DO NOT GET HIT.

If we get to 11-5 we'll almost certainly make it as a wildcard.

I think a lot of us just kind of want this season done. I think we all feel like even if we make the playoffs, someone (or 3) is going to get injured and we'll lose by less then a TD. It's been a draining season.

Also, here's a query. If we are eliminated from the playoff race week 16, do we sit Rodgers week 17? I say abso-*******-lutely. Tell him to hit the bench. I know it's a dreary thought but just curious.

PackerLegend
12-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Im about done with McCarthy. Even if we do miraculously make the playoffs the same **** an mistakes that have plagued us ever since hes been here will still be around. How long has he been our coach and is yet to address some of this ****?

GB12
12-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Carimi would be my ideal first round pick, but would you expect him to play LT with Bulaga at RT?

I'd guess Bulaga at LT and Carimi at RT, but really it could be an open competition between them before the season.

J-Mike88
12-14-2010, 08:37 AM
I think a lot of us just kind of want this season done. I think we all feel like even if we make the playoffs, someone (or 3) is going to get injured and we'll lose by less then a TD. It's been a draining season.

Also, here's a query. If we are eliminated from the playoff race week 16, do we sit Rodgers week 17? I say abso-*******-lutely. Tell him to hit the bench. I know it's a dreary thought but just curious.
I agree, except for the fact that Donald and Charles are running out of time.
I guess Clifton too. So I hate to waste these years, but losing Jermichael, Grant, Tauscher, Havner, Neal, Jenkins, Barnett, Brad Jones, Poppinga, now Zombo, Derrick Martin.... it's just not meant to be for some **** reason.

In our Super Bowl years of 96 & 97, we only lost a couple of players each year to IR.

This year has been bullschit and if there is a Football God, we have the right to punch him in the mouth.

jackalope
12-14-2010, 04:15 PM
I'd guess Bulaga at LT and Carimi at RT, but really it could be an open competition between them before the season.

That's what I figured, I was just unsure with Bulaga being next to Sitton on the lineup you'd posted.

GB12
12-14-2010, 04:16 PM
That's what I figured, I was just unsure with Bulaga being next to Sitton on the lineup you'd posted.
Well if we somehow got Nicks he'd be on the right, so Sitton would switch.

cvv84
12-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Im about done with McCarthy. Even if we do miraculously make the playoffs the same **** an mistakes that have plagued us ever since hes been here will still be around. How long has he been our coach and is yet to address some of this ****?

Thats a tough line to walk. I'm on the fence myself but realistically we'd be in much worse shape transitioning to a new head coach and McCarthy is a much better coach than 3/4s of the teams out there have. We certainly need to clean things up, starting with the offensive line. Improve our tackling and limit the penalties would be next. I also love seeing guys play who go all out, the Ray Lewis's of the league per say, its getting to a point where I don't see any much of that around here anymore. Where's the passion for the game?

J-Mike88
12-14-2010, 07:51 PM
I also love seeing guys play who go all out, the Ray Lewis's of the league per say, its getting to a point where I don't see any much of that around here anymore. Where's the passion for the game?
The only 3 guys we have like that are Barnett, Matthews, and Jenkins. And 2 of them are out hurt, and the other one, Matthews, is playing hurt.

Jolly was another one with that passion, but with him and that, we got some bad baggage as well.

bigboiajhawk
12-14-2010, 09:31 PM
The only 3 guys we have like that are Barnett, Matthews, and Jenkins. And 2 of them are out hurt, and the other one, Matthews, is playing hurt.

Jolly was another one with that passion, but with him and that, we got some bad baggage as well.

I think DD would have to be included in that list as well. I swear when DD gets going it is usually going to be a good day for the Offense.

umphrey
12-15-2010, 11:39 AM
The problem isn't the zone blocking scheme. The problem is that our linemen are totally incapable of moving a defender past the line of scrimmage and we consistently have at least 1 mistake every play that is a defender coming through the zone and forcing the RB to make a play before he even gets to the line of scrimmage. The Badgers run a zone blocking scheme and they have guys that can blow defenders off the ball. We run it with soft players that are happy if they don't get blown back and instead of working as a cohesive unit to build a wall, they pass the guy they should have blocked on to the lineman next to him.

I'd much rather run a zone than try to have our lineman figure out which man they have to block from 3-4 to 4-3 to 4-6 to 1-5-5 to 2-4-5 and all the crazy defensive formations defensive coordinators run today. We just need to do it with 3 new starters, a new coach, and a new training program.

bigboiajhawk
12-15-2010, 11:45 AM
The problem isn't the zone blocking scheme. The problem is that our linemen are totally incapable of moving a defender past the line of scrimmage and we consistently have at least 1 mistake every play that is a defender coming through the zone and forcing the RB to make a play before he even gets to the line of scrimmage. The Badgers run a zone blocking scheme and they have guys that can blow defenders off the ball. We run it with soft players that are happy if they don't get blown back and instead of working as a cohesive unit to build a wall, they pass the guy they should have blocked on to the lineman next to him.

I'd much rather run a zone than try to have our lineman figure out which man they have to block from 3-4 to 4-3 to 4-6 to 1-5-5 to 2-4-5 and all the crazy defensive formations defensive coordinators run today. We just need to do it with 3 new starters, a new coach, and a new training program.

Agreed!!! Here is to drafting Gabe Carimi in Round 1 and John Moffitt in Round 2!!!

J-Mike88
12-15-2010, 02:33 PM
The problem isn't the zone blocking scheme. The problem is that our linemen are totally incapable of moving a defender past the line of scrimmage.....
Agreed. It's the White Wall itself, not the scheme, that is the problem.
These guys are just a bit on the soft, passive side. I want maulers.

I think Bulaga will get there, but he's not there yet.
All our 3rd & 1 & 4th & 1 problems really piss me off. The failed QB sneaks.... hell they cost is the Atlanta game.

BloodBrother
12-15-2010, 03:03 PM
From McCarthy's presser today...I'll be shocked if Rodgers plays this sunday

he won't be practicing all week or be involved in team meetings, and a medical decision will be made on saturday. Rodgers won't even be able to study film at home. He went on talking about how Flynn will be prepared

...it doesn't look good. Can't wait for that Sunday Night game. Pack will roll into New England with Matt Flynn at QB, no Jermichael Finley and no Ryan Grant on offense. Oh boy. I feel sick

J-Mike88
12-15-2010, 08:32 PM
From McCarthy's presser today...I'll be shocked if Rodgers plays this sunday

he won't be practicing all week or be involved in team meetings, and a medical decision will be made on saturday. Rodgers won't even be able to study film at home. He went on talking about how Flynn will be prepared

...it doesn't look good. Can't wait for that Sunday Night game. Pack will roll into New England with Matt Flynn at QB, no Jermichael Finley and no Ryan Grant on offense. Oh boy. I feel sick
Will you feel any better when Flynn gets banged up and Graham Harrell comes in?

Sportsfan486
12-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Fantastic news; Vikings-Bears will be played at the U of M stadium. Outdoors in sub-zero temperature with heavy snowfall. One of the dumbest decisions ever allowed by the NFL. ANYTHING could happen in the game and multiple serious injuries for the Bears is very possible. GO VIKES! SLAM THEM AGAINST THAT FROZEN GROUND!

GB12
12-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Their starting QB is Joe Webb, a 6th round rookie who was drafted to play wide receiver, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Sportsfan486
12-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Their starting QB is Joe Webb, a 6th round rookie who was drafted to play wide receiver, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The Bears starting QB is Jay Cutler. In the snow. And freezing cold. On horrible field conditions. Their RB is Matt Forte. The Vikings RB is AD. Run it 50 times and very possibly win, imo.

GB12
12-16-2010, 06:16 PM
The Bears starting QB is Jay Cutler. In the snow. And freezing cold. On horrible field conditions. Their RB is Matt Forte. The Vikings RB is AD. Run it 50 times and very possibly win, imo.

No way Childress would be smart enough to do that. Hopefully Bevell isn't as dumb

cvv84
12-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Just realized that Greg Jennings is currently 5th in the league in receiving yards and 3rd in receiving TDs. Man he really did go on a tear this past few weeks!

Sportsfan486
12-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Just realized that Greg Jennings is currently 5th in the league in receiving yards and 3rd in receiving TDs. Man he really did go on a tear this past few weeks!

He'd be even higher if not for his massive fail this last game. And yes, I'm still supremely bitter.

umphrey
12-17-2010, 12:34 AM
Will you feel any better when Flynn gets banged up and Graham Harrell comes in?
I'll feel awesome when Jordyzzz the emergency QB comes in and wins us the game
He'd be even higher if not for his massive fail this last game. And yes, I'm still supremely bitter.
Still pissed about that too. The score would have been 10-0 if he caught that. Things would have been so much different.

BloodBrother
12-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Fantastic news; Vikings-Bears will be played at the U of M stadium. Outdoors in sub-zero temperature with heavy snowfall. One of the dumbest decisions ever allowed by the NFL. ANYTHING could happen in the game and multiple serious injuries for the Bears is very possible. GO VIKES! SLAM THEM AGAINST THAT FROZEN GROUND!

the downside is the Bears don't have to deal with the dome atmosphere the metrodome brings. Plus, with the Vikes being crappy, and Joe Webb probably at QB...along with the game in that weather, I doubt that stadium fills with VIkes fans. Bears will basically be playing on a neutral field. It wouldn't really feel like much of a road game

terrible conditions though, so Minny has a chance(still think they just totally fold in that weather and get blown out)

J-Mike88
12-17-2010, 06:00 PM
The Bears have had a knack for never getting the opposing teams #1 QBs... but we lost to the Lions with their #3 so we can't say much.

I agree about Jennings.... still bitter at him.
He catches that, the WHOLE game is different... we win, and perhaps Arod doesn't go so crazy with that run and doesn't get his coconut rattled like that.

bigboiajhawk
12-18-2010, 03:39 AM
Speaking about Arod's brain/head, look at Peyton Manning, that guy is wearing a Revolution helmet. Yeah it looks stupid, but you don't see him getting concussions. Just saying, that is why they were developed.

On a different note, F Greg Jennings in the Lions game, 9 times out of 10 he catches that, just pissed but oh well.

I really hope Arod plays this week, and C-Wood plays amazing.

If Arod plays, Pack win...This is a guarantee...

If Flynny boy plays, Pack Lose...This is a guarantee...

If i am wrong on either of these, I will be ashamed, A) because if Arod plays and the Pack lose, the D just F-ed up, and B) If Matt Flynn plays and the Pack win, the Pats just F-ed up.

I hope Arod plays... I have been concussed before, it sucks, but I really want to say that Brett played while having a concussion in a game before and never said anything. I hate saying that, but times have certainly changed. Now concussions matter. I am just bitter right now because Arod has a 50-50 shot of playing, and I am betting he doesn't.

J-Mike88
12-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Is this old news?

Aaron Rodgers dating Erin Andrews

December 18th, 2010

GREEN BAY - ESPN sideline analyst Erin Andrews has been spending a lot of time in Green Bay lately and according to sources, it is because she is dating Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.........

cvv84
12-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Rodgers officially ruled out. Flynn to start. Grahm Harrell to be called up from PS.

J-Mike88
12-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Rodgers officially ruled out. Flynn to start. Grahm Harrell to be called up from PS.
I'm relieved to know that.
Let Rodgers brain rest.
We'd lose regardless, so at least he won't get hurt again and turn into Troy Aikman or Steve Young getting concussion after concussion.

Nice test for Matt Flynn.

New England has one of the worst pass rushes so he should have some time to throw.

New England 30
Packers 13 (We didn't find the end zone vs the Lions, in perfect weather. But I feel us finding the end zone once this time)

Sportsfan486
12-18-2010, 03:52 PM
I hope Arod plays... I have been concussed before, it sucks, but I really want to say that Brett played while having a concussion in a game before and never said anything. I hate saying that, but times have certainly changed. Now concussions matter. I am just bitter right now because Arod has a 50-50 shot of playing, and I am betting he doesn't.

The rules have changed so much over the last couple of years. You have to be cleared by independent and league sources now to be allowed to play, can't just be "cleared" by team docs. ESPECIALLY after a second concussion and tons of scrutiny.

Well, we lose. I'm not as hopeful score-wise, the Patriots would love to run up the score in this one and with our sloppy tackling the last couple weeks that YAC is going to kill us.

42-9, Pats.

jsa230
12-18-2010, 04:15 PM
we are so screwed . . . go vikings

J-Mike88
12-18-2010, 11:13 PM
we are so screwed . . . go vikings
EXACTLY.
The Vikings game is far more important than our own.
Rodgers should play for the Vikings, get them the win over the Bears. Let us lose, but then all we need is Rodgers back for our next 2 home games, win em both, and the division is ours.

Bears losing tomorrow is #1 critical.

Mr.Regular
12-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Damn, Matt Flynn will be only the 3rd QB I've ever seen start for us. So weird.

This better not become a trend. I'm used to not caring about who the backup is.

J-Mike88
12-19-2010, 07:10 AM

I know, what a pity.... all those years we had good backups in here, they were never needed.
Hasselbeck, Brunell, even Aaron Brooks.
Hell, we even had Kurt Warner in before.

Can Matt Flynn validate some people's hype of him this off-season? Here's his chance.
Colt McCoy & the Browns beat the Patriots last month. Our TEAM is a lot better than the Browns are.

PackerLegend
12-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Although we had numerous chances to avoid being in this position and blew them all the cheap ass win the Bears got in week 1 still bugs me. The division race would be much different today if a touchdown was actually a touchdown. We would both be 8-5 and have the same division record.

umphrey
12-19-2010, 01:24 PM

The crazy thing is Aaron Rodgers had a 45 game streak that was 4th longest current in the NFL behind Peyton, Rivers, and someone else.

Here's to hoping we catch New England with their pants down with Rodgers out and Matt Flynn catches fire in a bottle and wins a trap game. No way am I calling this one over right now. I'm excited to see what Flynn does. He looked really good last week but nervous and caught off guard. Practicing with the 1st team and a weeks worth of mental preparation will make him a starting caliber QB if he has the confidence.

Oh by the way it's been a week and I feel even more like when Greg Jennings dropped that pass he dropped us from strong playoff chances to a hope and a prayer. If I was him I'd feel like I cost the team a post season berth.

jackalope
12-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Philly pulls off a miracle, Tampa loses in OT. Suddenly things don't look so bad.

J-Mike88
12-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Philly pulls off a miracle, Tampa loses in OT. Suddenly things don't look so bad.
I can't remember who we wanted to win in that game, Philly or the Giants.
Anyone remember the scoop with that?

Sportsfan486
12-19-2010, 03:35 PM
I can't remember who we wanted to win in that game, Philly or the Giants.
Anyone remember the scoop with that?

Didn't really matter assuming we beat the Giants next week (which we need to to even have a prayer, regardless.)

Giants, Bucs, AND Saints all lost. Wow. I do believe as of this moment we technically control our wild-card destiny. GOOO FLYYNNN!

GB12
12-19-2010, 04:06 PM
The crazy thing is Aaron Rodgers had a 45 game streak that was 4th longest current in the NFL behind Peyton, Rivers, and someone else.It was:
1. Favre
2. Manning
3. Manning
4. Rivers
5. Rodgers

Of course 1 and 5 are done now.
Didn't really matter assuming we beat the Giants next week (which we need to to even have a prayer, regardless.)

Giants, Bucs, AND Saints all lost. Wow. I do believe as of this moment we technically control our wild-card destiny. GOOO FLYYNNN!
It was much better for us to have the Giants lose. We get to play them next week, and if we win we'll have the same record (unless Flynn magically beats New England) and we'll have the tiebreaker.

And it's nice of the Lions to help us out after last week.

All of a sudden things aren't looking as bad, but damn we could have been in complete control.

jackalope
12-19-2010, 04:33 PM

Even if we lose tonight, we will control our own destiny for the wildcard. Hopefully the Giants have all the air taken out of them for our matchup next week after giving up a three touchdown lead to the Eagles today.

PACKmanN
12-19-2010, 04:50 PM
no gameday thread? don't quote me on this, but I think the Packers actually pull out a hard fought upset, 13-3. The Pats lack a pass rush, Spikes is suspended i believe, so lets test the front 7's sideline-to-sideline speed in the run game and passing game. Also, lets go back old school with quick slants, it's a zone team with DBs that play away from the receivers.

Burn the clock, keep the ball out of Flynn's hands and lets hope Collins, Williams, and Woodson can do some special stuff for us. Collins always has some big takeaways late in the season that builds momentum.

Sportsfan486
12-19-2010, 07:05 PM
It was:
1. Favre
2. Manning
3. Manning
4. Rivers
5. Rodgers

Of course 1 and 5 are done now.

It was much better for us to have the Giants lose. We get to play them next week, and if we win we'll have the same record (unless Flynn magically beats New England) and we'll have the tiebreaker.

And it's nice of the Lions to help us out after last week.

All of a sudden things aren't looking as bad, but damn we could have been in complete control.

Yup. With the way things look now.. had we beat the Lions we probably would have only needed 1 of the last three. Now we need at least 2. Sigh.

J-Mike88
12-19-2010, 11:14 PM
What's Nick Collins' status?
Have we lost yet another defensive stud?
Another safety?

cvv84
12-20-2010, 06:20 AM
What's Nick Collins' status?
Have we lost yet another defensive stud?Another safety?

If only that were true this season :\

Last I heard he was getting x-rays on his ribs.

J-Mike88
12-20-2010, 10:21 AM
If only that were true this season :\
Last I heard he was getting x-rays on his ribs.
Fortunately, x-rays came back negative.

Maybe we won't have to IR anyone this week!
Things might be turning around.

Sportsfan486
12-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Okay. So. The Bears win tonight and have clinched the division.

If we win our last two, we will make the playoffs as a wild card.

However, the Giants will be playing for their playoff life next week and the Bears will be playing for a bye week 17 (unless they win and the Eagles lose next week, in which case the Bears will have clinched the #2 seed thanks to head-to-head win; thusly this is the scenario we must root for as they would be very likely to rest starters.)

The key is we control our own destiny thanks to a game against the Giants this week and better tie-breakers across the board then the Bucs.

It's also possible we make the playoffs if we win this week and lose against the Bears, but we will be eliminated from contention with a loss this week.

We will play either the Eagles or Bears if we make it, although it won't be a situation of playing the Bears resting starters then full strength ala Arizona last year as the only way the Bears rest starters week 17 is if they've clinched the bye. It's more likely we play the Eagles at this point, which scares the piss out of me.

So key points;
Root for us.
Root against the Giants.
Root against the Eagles.
Root against the Bucs.

Morton
12-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Eagles fan here. We're not going to lose the next two games, so we'll (98% likelihood, at least) end up 12-4 and looking for a #2 seed.

We need your team to knock off the Bears in Week 17 so they'll finish with an 11-5 record and allow us to secure that playoff bye. Do we have a deal?

PACKmanN
12-21-2010, 12:33 AM
just wondering what everyone else thinks, and something to discuss before the next game, but should Rodgers be placed on the IR for the rest of the season just so he doesn't suffer a 3rd concussion in such little time? It's bad weather in December and January which causes the grass to freeze, one hit and he could suffer another one(knock on wood.) We all know he isn't safe behind this teams offensive line, so why risk possibly losing a franchise qb over the playoffs?

tjsunstein
12-21-2010, 05:23 AM
Eagles fan here. We're not going to lose the next two games, so we'll (98% likelihood, at least) end up 12-4 and looking for a #2 seed.

We need your team to knock off the Bears in Week 17 so they'll finish with an 11-5 record and allow us to secure that playoff bye. Do we have a deal?
Should have taken care of your own dirty work back in week 12.

J-Mike88
12-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Isn't there a chance we can slide up to the #5 seed?
If we win both games, both key NFC games, while they lose both games (to Atlanta & Tampa Bay)?
Long shot I know... but we'd both be 10-6 with an 8-4 NFC record.

The #5 seed will get to play the horse schit NFC West winner whereas the #6 seed will have to play the Bears (or Eagles unlikely).

It was weird last night early watching the Vikings and rooting for them... actually bitching at big fat lazy Bryant McKinnie for letting the guy go around and crush Favre.

More luck for the Bears that they didn't even have to face Adrian Peterson, who has killed them in the past. And then getting Joe Webb too.

We failed our one time against a 3rd string QB in Detroit, but the Bears are like 5-0 this year playing against teams missing their #1 QB.

J-Mike88
12-21-2010, 07:11 AM

You're right.... you have 2 homes games in Philly there, against 2 teams that are dead. Minnesota is basically a bye for you. They are terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible now. What the hell happened to their defense? And now a terrible athletic QB there.

Then you get Dallas who you killed in Dallas 2 weeks ago.

I'm still pissed off that the Bears, and refs, beat us back in week 3.
Watch this and pause it at exactly the 1:03 mark. Focus on Hawk. He is running forward.
The Bears guy blocks him from the back-left, and Hawk goes flying 5 yards. Forward.

How is that not an illegal block in the back, other than the fact that it's the Bears?
Those damn refs took away 2 Ints for us and 1 TD for us. But they let that go? We always get called for special teams blocking penalties.
mOGF1ol8WHE&feature=related

RockJock07
12-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Should have taken care of your own dirty work back in week 12.

Yeah, Way to go Eagles! You let a team that didn't have a signature win all season beat you when your team is better on both sides of the ball.

Bears are a house of cards that has gotten very lucky this season. However they have won the games they were supposed to and the Packers couldn't take care of biz against Miami, Washington, and Det.

Morton
12-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Yeah, Way to go Eagles! You let a team that didn't have a signature win all season beat you when your team is better on both sides of the ball.

Trust me, it wasn't easy watching Cutler carve up our pitiful secondary and have himself a "career day" either.

That's why I would like nothing more than to see Cutler sacked into oblivion by your defense in Week 17, and to see Lovie Smith's team forced to play in the wild-card round this year and, hopefully, lose to the Saints/Packers/Giants at home in the first round.

tjsunstein
12-21-2010, 12:30 PM
I'd kill for a chance at the Bears in the playoffs.

bearsfan_51
12-21-2010, 12:42 PM
I'd kill for a chance at the Bears in the playoffs.
Maybe beat the Lions first.

PACKmanN
12-21-2010, 04:05 PM

chances TT hires Tony Sparano, if he's fired, as the o-line this offseason since the original coaches haven't done a good job developing the talent he's brought in? That alone could do wonders for us.

cvv84
12-21-2010, 04:24 PM
chances TT hires Tony Sparano, if he's fired, as the o-line this offseason since the original coaches haven't done a good job developing the talent he's brought in? That alone could do wonders for us.

They aren't going to fire him and no coach can help this offensive line. I don't understand what some of you are thinking - thats is the players and not the scheme. The scheme uses certain types of players and those are the players that we have. You aren't going to find some brute, agile offensive lineman just laying around. Its generally one or the other. Brute strength doesn't mean **** when you're cutting a defenders legs.

PACKmanN
12-21-2010, 04:30 PM
They aren't going to fire him and no coach can help this offensive line. I don't understand what some of you are thinking - thats is the players and not the scheme. The scheme uses certain types of players and those are the players that we have. You aren't going to find some brute, agile offensive lineman just laying around. Its generally one or the other. Brute strength doesn't mean **** when you're cutting a defenders legs.

I'm pretty sure they cut the ZBS and went with more of a power attack. Not only that, but who could you say that has really developed to what we excepted out of them? Sitton came out of the blue, Colledge/Spitz both look like busts, Bagula is always having his moments where he shines and than makes a mistake, and Lang/Newhouse are question marks.

I think the team has the future tackles in place with Baugla and Lang and with Sitton as the future LG, but the team needs depth and 2 starters at C and RG.

It's either the talent or coaches and honestly, I would rather rebuild both at once

cvv84
12-21-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm pretty sure they cut the ZBS and went with more of a power attack. Not only that, but who could you say that has really developed to what we excepted out of them? Sitton came out of the blue, Colledge/Spitz both look like busts, Bagula is always having his moments where he shines and than makes a mistake, and Lang/Newhouse are question marks.

I think the team has the future tackles in place with Baugla and Lang and with Sitton as the future LG, but the team needs depth and 2 starters at C and RG.

It's either the talent or coaches and honestly, I would rather rebuild both at once

They're running more power schemes but primarily its the ZBS.

I kind of expected Sitton to become something. He fits that mold of a guy who can play in both a power and ZBS. Spitz would be a solid starter if he could stay healthy. Colledge was a poor pick at the time considering Marcus McNeil was available.

The only position I feel satisfied with is at RG with Sitton. It would be foolish to start moving him around IMO. We need to lock Bulaga into a position at either LT or RT.

J-Mike88
12-21-2010, 07:15 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view2/1563211/bears-illegal-block-50-o.gif
Hawk is blocked at the Packers 40 yard line, while Hester is at the Bears 40 yard line, so 20 yards difference.
Hawk goes flying forward 5 yards.

It may not have been in the spine area of the back, but that's an illegal block in the back.

I've seen the Packers called for that same penalty dozens of times, less obvious than this one.

Bitter? Of course.

drowe
12-21-2010, 10:38 PM

hey, we can't all pay off the refs twice a year :)

*hoping 51 senses the lack of seriousness in my typing..don't wanna be the '***** about the refs guy'*

drowe
12-21-2010, 10:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/21/report-aaron-rodgers-cleared-to-return-to-action/

god damn right *************.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

PACKmanN
12-21-2010, 10:47 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/21/report-aaron-rodgers-cleared-to-return-to-action/

god damn right *************.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Hopefully Rodgers is clear and he isn't hiding it off

umphrey
12-22-2010, 07:35 AM
I wish we weren't facing a Giants team with their backs against the wall this week. Make no mistake about it this is absolutely a playoff game. It's essentially the play in for the 6th seed because both teams are win and in, lose and out, no exceptions. Well the exception is that we still have to win week 17 and the Giants could still possibly get in with a loss and a win with help, but I guarantee you neither side is looking at it like that in any way shape or form.

J-Mike88
12-22-2010, 08:18 AM
The Giants are a Jekyl & Hyde if there ever was one!

They were horrible 4 weeks ago at home vs the Jags, getting booed at halftime.
Then they turned it on in the 2nd half and came back and won. Dammit.

They were creaming Philly last week by 21 points.
Then DeSean Jackson took over. God if only we had a game-changer on OUR special teams like D-Jack... can you imagine winning a game or two every year from special teams good stuff instead of us always losing a few games a year because of allowing it?

n-NC2w0cFEs

umphrey
12-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Aaron Rodgers is using a new helmet reportedly

Jmohr107
12-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Does anyone else feel that the Packers don't really match up too well against the Giants? After thinking about it, this game is starting to scare me a bit.

I'm not sure that with all the injuries in the front 7 that the Packers will be able to contain that Giants rushing attack all that well. We saw the Packers have trouble with Michael Turner and Adrian Peterson already earlier in the season, and in week 6 against Miami they got worn down late in the game by the Ronnie Brown-Ricky Williams rotation, which is similar to what they might see this Sunday with Jacobs and Bradshaw.

On the other side, the offensive line must step up against what is one of the best pass rushes in football. If this offensive line couldn't block the Lions' front four, I'm not sure how in the world they can block New York's, especially considering the rotation that they have along the d-line.

Also, the Giants have three capable corners who can match up with Packers receivers. Rodgers will have to spread the ball around, as he won't have the luxury of going after a weak link in the secondary like he did against Chris Cook or Mike Jenkins. But I worry about his ability to do this coming off the concussion. We saw against Miami, the game after his first concussion, that he looked a little rusty and a little timid in the pocket, and it looked like he ran into a couple of sacks because he was afraid to take a big hit. I think this is the type of game that they really wish they had Jermichael Finley to exploit some match-ups, knowing that he could beat Antrel Rolle or Kenny Phillips one-on-one.

I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look too good to me.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. This game is between 2 teams who have been raped with injuries. You guys have tons of injuries and so have we. It's pretty much going to come down what backup can get his head out of his buttock and play well.

Plus I am not sure which team will show up and FOR HOW LONG. It will be an interesting game though.

Mr.Regular
12-22-2010, 01:46 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/22/favre-to-peppers-beat-the-packers/
(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/22/favre-to-peppers-beat-the-packers/)

**** you Favre. What a dbag, still not over it. Does he realize he's ruined his legacy in the one place that always loved him?

NY+Giants=NYG
12-22-2010, 02:01 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/22/favre-to-peppers-beat-the-packers/
(http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/22/favre-to-peppers-beat-the-packers/)

**** you Favre. What a dbag, still not over it. Does he realize he's ruined his legacy in the one place that always loved him?

I agree! I hate him so much! It's like you guys offended big time by kicking him out. Don't you guys know, Lord Favre leaves on his own accord or doesn't leave at all. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT! Apparently in his mind, you guys committed an act of blasphemy!

Just read the comments on the bottom. Priceless!

But then again, He is our version of Tiki Barber.. Still booed when they show his face on the jumbotron.

Sportsfan486
12-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Rodgers wanted to play last week and I'm sure watching us barely lose killed him. I hope he's got a spark and comes out ballin' this week. Considering how early he was cleared to practice, I'm not too concerned about post-concussion symptoms. Then again, our OLine needs to keep him UPRIGHT all game and he needs to SLIDE, even if it's short of a first.

senormysterioso
12-22-2010, 02:41 PM

Packers to Favre: Go **** yourself.

Sportsfan486
12-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Packers to Favre: Go **** yourself.

Packers to Favre: "I'm sorry, what? Do you need us to sign your pension check or something?"

cvv84
12-22-2010, 03:25 PM

Favre had 2 games to do it himself this season. Call in the backup you d-bag...

J-Mike88
12-22-2010, 05:38 PM
F**** Vikings.
They go 0-2 vs the Bears this year.... all we needed was them to win one of them.
They also go 0-2 vs us.
What a disgrace they are.

And I saw in Bears forum a few Vikings fans are rooting hard for the Bears over the Packers. More evidence that we are their jealous rival still !

PACKmanN
12-22-2010, 06:41 PM
F**** Vikings.
They go 0-2 vs the Bears this year.... all we needed was them to win one of them.
They also go 0-2 vs us.
What a disgrace they are.

And I saw in Bears forum a few Vikings fans are rooting hard for the Bears over the Packers. More evidence that we are their jealous rival still !

it's always been that way. Whenever a Bears or Vikings team is on verge to making the playoffs/eliminating the Packers they gang up on the Packers' fanbase, lol, just embrace it

J-Mike88
12-23-2010, 08:40 AM
it's always been that way. Whenever a Bears or Vikings team is on verge to making the playoffs/eliminating the Packers they gang up on the Packers' fanbase, lol, just embrace it
As long as we get the LAST laugh, in February!

BTW, YOU got an AVY & SIG to show up! Congrats.
Blue Jays though? lol

J-Mike88
12-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Don Banks of Sports Illustrated, on the Packers. BTW, I also thought of the similarities between that and this:

Green Bay Packers (8-6)
OK, so it's not a perfect analogy, but when I was watching the Aaron Rodgers-less Packers push the vaunted Patriots all the way to the wall Sunday night, I couldn't help but think of the 2007 Giants taking undefeated New England to the max in Week 17 of that season, in a loss that strangely became the springboard to New York's upstart Super Bowl championship run. Am I predicting a Packers-Patriots rematch in the Super Bowl in about 6 weeks? Not really, but if it comes true I'll try to claim I did.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/12/22/nfl-power-rankings-week-16/index.html#ixzz18wlOjI1A

cvv84
12-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Believe it, Packers fans. In a poll of 277 NFL players for Sports Illustrated, 26% of those surveyed said Green Bay Packers fans were the most knowledgeable fans in the league.

Way back in second place are fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Fourteen percent of the players said Pittsburgh had the most knowledgeable fans.

The next three: New York, 9%; Philadelphia, 8%, and Dallas, 7%.

J-Mike88
12-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Believe it, Packers fans. In a poll of 277 NFL players for Sports Illustrated, 26% of those surveyed said Green Bay Packers fans were the most knowledgeable fans in the league.

Way back in second place are fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Fourteen percent of the players said Pittsburgh had the most knowledgeable fans.

The next three: New York, 9%; Philadelphia, 8%, and Dallas, 7%.
They must have been reading our forums. 8)

But I know hundreds of UN-knowledgable Packers fans, plenty of my family and plenty I have sat next to at games.

PACKmanN
12-23-2010, 04:49 PM
As long as we get the LAST laugh, in February!

BTW, YOU got an AVY & SIG to show up! Congrats.
Blue Jays though? lol

my raji sig wouldn't show? lol i've always been a Jays fan, hate the Marcum trade atm too.

J-Mike88
12-24-2010, 09:42 PM
OK, obviously we need to win BOTH of our games coming up. That's a given.

But what do we need to happen to steal the #5 seed? That would be golden to get to play at SF or at StL or at Seattle instead of at Chicago.

I reckon we need the Saints to lose both games. That would drop them to 10-6, tie with us.

But that would give Tampax Bay a win in week 17 so they'd have 10 also with us and the Saints (assuming the Bucs beat Seattle this week).

Do we need Seattle to upset them?

Who do I need to root for?

Jmohr107
12-25-2010, 05:32 PM
OK, obviously we need to win BOTH of our games coming up. That's a given.

But what do we need to happen to steal the #5 seed? That would be golden to get to play at SF or at StL or at Seattle instead of at Chicago.

I reckon we need the Saints to lose both games. That would drop them to 10-6, tie with us.

But that would give Tampax Bay a win in week 17 so they'd have 10 also with us and the Saints (assuming the Bucs beat Seattle this week).

Do we need Seattle to upset them?

Who do I need to root for?

If Green Bay wins its final two games, and the Saints lose their remaining two games, then the Packers would get the 5th seed.

Assuming all four teams (NYG, GB, NO, TB) finish 10-6, the Packers would win all the tiebreakers. They would have the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Giants and they would hold strength-of-victory tiebreakers over the Saints and Bucs.

So to get the number 5 seed, the Packers need the Saints to lose out. Whatever Tampa Bay does this week is irrelevant.

Sportsfan486
12-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Okay, I'm getting really ******* nervous now. C'mon Pack.

Afternoon game, too, so going to make us sweat it out.

Loss and we are out of contention; win and we need to win next week, as the other two relevant games will be going on at the same time.

umphrey
12-26-2010, 11:02 AM
This game has been getting hyped up like it's the only game getting played since Tuesday. I'm terrified. I'd be happier if ESPN swept it under the rug a little bit. I'm getting doubts, like it's too important of a game for us to win or something.

umphrey
12-26-2010, 11:32 AM
It looks highly likely that if we make the playoffs we face the Chicago Bears in Soldier Field. I would love that match up and feel confident about it. The other option would be the Eagles, a team I would rather not see in the playoffs. Check the JSOnline sports blog for the complete break down.

cvv84
12-26-2010, 12:01 PM
It looks highly likely that if we make the playoffs we face the Chicago Bears in Soldier Field. I would love that match up and feel confident about it. The other option would be the Eagles, a team I would rather not see in the playoffs. Check the JSOnline sports blog for the complete break down.

How about we just win today seeing thats the only game that matters right now :\

umphrey
12-26-2010, 12:14 PM
How about we just win today seeing thats the only game that matters right now :\
I understand what you're saying and that's what the players should be thinking about but I'm not personally hurting the team any by looking ahead. The players have to think about the next game, the next play only. I can speculate however the hell I want without negative consequences (especially since I'm writing in a thread that maybe 25 people max will read and not a newspaper that would actually get some attention).

Zycho32
12-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Well.

Time to put up or shut up next week. Gotta beat the Bears to even have a favorable chance of advancing.

Does Chicago ease up and get ready for the Playoffs, or do they play for a higher seed?

scottyboy
12-26-2010, 06:39 PM
good game guys, you handed our asses to us.

umphrey
12-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Well.

Time to put up or shut up next week. Gotta beat the Bears to even have a favorable chance of advancing.

Does Chicago ease up and get ready for the Playoffs, or do they play for a higher seed?
I don't see any way Chicago lays down against GB. I do think that we will have more energy going into the game. My biggest worry is that we get over confident after this huge win. Also, Julius Peppers.

Sportsfan486
12-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Well.

Well, we pray Minny pulls out a miracle against Philly, which I believe would clinch the Bears as the #2. Also want Atlanta to win, or the Bears could still play starters going for the #1 seed.

Most likely the Bears come in gunning for the 1, 2, or 3 seed in the NFC but don't really play as aggressively as we do. Gotta love the matchup of our WRs against their DBs and vice versa, plus their running game is nothing to be scared of. That said, our special teams versus theirs gives them a huge chance in any game against us. Might be the best in the league versus the worst in the league in that aspect of the game.

I think you need to come into the game with the mentality that once you pass that 50 yard line, it's either go for it on 4th or field goal. Don't even let Hester see a punter.

umphrey
12-26-2010, 06:47 PM
We cover pretty well on special teams except for a few rare instances. We can't return worth a damn but unless the weather is really bad I wouldn't be too afraid of Hester.

Sportsfan486
12-26-2010, 07:18 PM
We cover pretty well on special teams except for a few rare instances. We can't return worth a damn but unless the weather is really bad I wouldn't be too afraid of Hester.

Are you serious? I need to look up the stat, but I'm 98% sure we're bottom 5 for avg. starting position after kickoffs.

umphrey
12-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Are you serious? I need to look up the stat, but I'm 98% sure we're bottom 5 for avg. starting position after kickoffs.
our starting position or the other team? because we are probably worst in the league where we start but we've covered kicks a lot better than years past

senormysterioso
12-26-2010, 07:32 PM

I say we just don't punt, we'll just score on every drive and we won't have to **** with the guy.

umphrey
12-26-2010, 07:38 PM
I say we just don't punt, we'll just score on every drive and we won't have to **** with the guy.
Yeah but we're still gonna have to kick off after the **** load of points we score

J-Mike88
12-26-2010, 09:13 PM
I don't like how the Bears essentially have 2 chances to eliminate us.

But after we win next week, that will drop the Bears into the #3 seed and when we play them again the next week, in the rubber match for this season, the Bears will feel all kinds of pressure. They will have gone from just about having a #2 seed and a bye, to losing 2 straight to us and being done.

For them to have beaten us in week 3, they had to have everything go for them, from 18 suspicious flags on us, to 1 missed big one on them on Hester's TD return, to James Jones fumble that magically hit an invisible forcefield one centimeter from the white sideline.

But they are playing much better right now, since their embarrassing blowout loss at home to New England 2 weeks ago. And they are remarkably healthy, with their best players on offense and defense all somehow still there.

Next week in Green Bay should be pretty damn fun for the Packers fans!
Today sounded like a blast for the Lambeau faithful.

PACKmanN
12-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah but we're still gonna have to kick off after the **** load of points we score

Hester is ineffective on KRs

J-Mike88
12-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Atari Bigby, ONCE A-f****-gain, strained a muscle last night, his groin.
And Korey Hall has a knee "sprain".

Those were the only 2 injuries MM mentioned last night.

Often with McCarthy, everything is a "sprain" as of Sunday nights, then they turn into IR injuries.

We need Bigby back dammit. He's always hurt....What kind of muscles does that guy have in his body? Pasta?

mqtirishfan
12-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Atari Bigby, ONCE A-f****-gain, strained a muscle last night, his groin.

Eh, that's gonna happen when a player starts playing late in the season when everybody else has been in game shape for weeks.

umphrey
12-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Korey Hall has been the least noteworthy of 3 fullbacks so I don't care much there

tjsunstein
12-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Eh, that's gonna happen when a player starts playing late in the season when everybody else has been in game shape for weeks.
This, exactly this. He just wasn't conditioned right coming back from an injury.

cvv84
12-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Bigby has been ruled out for week 17. That worries me a little bit seeing Collins is banged up and Peprah was losing out on playing time to Bigby. Hopefully nobody gets knocked out of the game on Sunday.

BloodBrother
12-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Bigby is always hurt, so nothing new

Hopefully Jenkins is able to return this week

umphrey
12-27-2010, 01:24 PM
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9749/clayzzz.gif

My 2nd favorite Clay Matthews moment ever.
(#1 was when he stole Adrian Peterson's cookies)

jsa230
12-27-2010, 02:21 PM
^^
both of those were sweet but how about when he chased kolb down from behind?

umphrey
12-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Chasing down Bradshaw with a 6 yard moving head start from a stand still for a forced fumble trumps it no question. Bradshaw was wiggling and not in a straight line but Kolb is just a wimpy quarterback. I loved the hustle on this play more than anything. Most players would have given up. Clay looked like he turned on 4.4 speed.

cvv84
12-27-2010, 03:40 PM
^^
both of those were sweet but how about when he chased kolb down from behind?

Or that play last year against @ the Lions where he spun around in circles and made the sack.

Notice on that clip though that there's 4 defenders waiting for Jacobs to run out of bounds while Matthews is the only one trying to make a play. We need more Clay Matthews' type of players on our team. And I'm not saying stud player, just high effort and high motor guys.

J-Mike88
12-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Matthews big sack on Sanchez at a critical point in the game this year was one that the whole sports bar yelled the loudest.

This was all hustle and effort. If we had 11 Matthews, we're 19-0 every year.

EvilMonkey
12-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Chasing down Bradshaw with a 6 yard moving head start from a stand still for a forced fumble trumps it no question. Bradshaw was wiggling and not in a straight line but Kolb is just a wimpy quarterback. I loved the hustle on this play more than anything. Most players would have given up. Clay looked like he turned on 4.4 speed.

woulda been more impressive if he actually chased down Bradshaw, but that was big fat slow Brandon Jacobs.

EvilMonkey
12-27-2010, 07:41 PM

or when it's Atari Bigby at any point he's ever been on a football field.

J-Mike88
12-27-2010, 09:54 PM
or when it's Atari Bigby at any point he's ever been on a football field.
Yeah, what are Bigby's muscles made out of?

J-Mike88
12-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Who here loves Donald Driver?
This guy needs a ring on his finger before he retires!!!!!!

rni7Wt3n8sw

J-Mike88
12-28-2010, 04:58 PM
They did a recent writeup also, explaining "Big Win %" and mixing that with the "luck" factor.

http://community.advancednflstats.com/2010/12/bigwin-looks-at-coming-playoffs.html

A snippet from the article:

Yet on reflection it shouldn't have been -- nothing else seems possible, given a key fact reported on this site: half of all NFL games are decided by luck.

Say a 10-6 record is needed to make the playoffs and two teams do it. In each's 16-game schedule eight games are determined by luck and eight by merit. Team A is a bit lucky and two of its "luck" games switch to wins, so it goes 6-2 in them (instead of 4-4). In its "merit" games it need go only 4-4, 50%, for its 10-6. But Team B is a bit unlucky and two of its "luck" games switch to losses, so it goes 2-6 in them. It has to be powerful enough to go 8-0 in its "merit" games, 100%, to get to 10-6.

Head-to-head, Team B should score 75% against Team A in spite of their equal 10-6 records, because on the merits it is a 100-0 team playing a 50-50 team. (In four games versus A it should go 2-0 on merit and 1-1 on luck.)

And this points to something else: As Team B, much the better team, did worse in close games but better in one-sided ones, it is success not in close games but in one-sided games (those determined "on merit") that predicts success in the playoffs. Among teams with equal records, those that win more one-sided games and lose more close games will do better in the post season.
The article defines the Packers as this years "Team B," having more wins based on merit than on luck. After 14 games played, Green Bay ranked 3rd in big win % while Chicago is tied for 12th with Atlanta.

What it boils down to is, despite the w/l record, this is a damn good, tough football team. We can do some damage in the post season, starting by winning this week against a very solid Bears team.

BloodBrother
12-28-2010, 07:23 PM
pro bowl rosters out...and it again shows why it has become a worthless "accomplishment" since half the people who make it don't deserve to.

5 packers made it(Jennings, Clifton, Matthews, Woodson, and Collins)... yet the 3 most deserving guys on the team did not. Woodson and Collins got in based on name recognition. Tramon should have been in over both and it's only because he isn't well known that he was left off this year. No CB is playing better than him in the NFC, none. B.J. Raji also should have made it, as well as Rodgers, obviously.

GB12
12-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Tramon Williams and Aaron Rodgers are first alternates. Josh Sitton, BJ Raji, AJ Hawk, and Donald Driver are other alternates.

J-Mike88
12-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Jay Ratliff making it over BJ Raji is the worst of all the travesties.
Ratliff sucks except rushing the passer, and Raji has outdone him there this year by far. And Dallas sucks, we're good, and we beat Dallas 45-7. Raji was a 1st round draft pick as well.
Pathetic.

And as I posted in the main Pro Bowl thread, Brees making it ahead of Rodgers is worse than Ryan.

But Brees won a Super Bowl, is the 2010 Sports Illustrated Person of the Year, he saved the city of New Orleans. Oh, he's doubled up on Rodgers in Ints too, I think 21-to-10 for Brees.

Two Giants OL making it and no Sitton is horses**t as well. I didn't see any Giants Pro Bowlers Sunday.

SIDENOTE: HOW BOUT THOSE VIKINGS.... they now take a 17-7 lead into the 4th quarter at Philly. If they can avoid choking it away, that would clinch the #2 seed for the Bears, which will make them mentally let down a little this week against us. Not sure if Lovie will rest guys too.... but mentally, they might lose a tiny edge.

And that would mean we'd play at Philly in the WC game, not at Chicago.

The Vikings defense is crushing Vick tonight. I like our chances there being able to gameplan for Vick, esp if Cullen Jenkins is back... anyway, come on Vikes, hang on.

GB12
12-28-2010, 09:44 PM
The Bears would still have a (very) outside shot at the #1 seed, but that will be determined just before our game starts.

And I definitely rather see Philly pull this out and take the #2 seed. **** the Bears.

Sportsfan486
12-28-2010, 10:59 PM
The Bears would still have a (very) outside shot at the #1 seed, but that will be determined just before our game starts.

And I definitely rather see Philly pull this out and take the #2 seed. **** the Bears.

Wow. But dude, I'd rather we have a gimme.

Chances are the Bears rest their starters now. Unless CAROLINA beats ATLANTA AT ATLANTA BEFORE OUR GAME STARTS, the Bears are locked as the #2 seed.

**** YES!!! PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!! No WAY they play Urlacher, Peppers, Cutler at Lambeau in January. No way.

It's also nice because you have to think if we get up big by half they'll pull Rodgers and Matthews.

GB12
12-28-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm not just looking to get into the playoffs, I want to win in the playoffs. I'd rather play the Bears at full strength this week if it meant we got to play them again rather than the Eagles. Although the Eagles aren't looking too tough after tonight.

Mr.Regular
12-28-2010, 11:49 PM
I dont think Chicago is going to rollover. They hate us, we hate them. They would love to knock us out of the playoffs and they'll practice all week with the mindset they could be playing for the #1 seed.

We should win since we have a lot more on the line, and I'm assuming Atlanta will win. But, I don't think it's a gimme.

jackalope
12-29-2010, 12:27 AM
I dont think Chicago is going to rollover. They hate us, we hate them. They would love to knock us out of the playoffs and they'll practice all week with the mindset they could be playing for the #1 seed.

We should win since we have a lot more on the line, and I'm assuming Atlanta will win. But, I don't think it's a gimme.

Yeah, I can't really see Lovie Smith deciding to roll over for the Packers.

While I really didn't want to have to play Philadelphia in the first round, the silver lining is that they looked terrible against Minnesota.

PACKmanN
12-29-2010, 12:34 AM

Atlanta hadn't lost a home game since week 16 and have to feel bitter about that. Let's just hope the starters are playing till at least halftime

bearsfan_51
12-29-2010, 12:53 AM
We rolled over for the Packers in 2006 when we had everything wrapped up, don't see any reason why we wouldn't do it now. Bears have bigger **** to worry about than a regular season game that means nothing.

PACKmanN
12-29-2010, 12:56 AM
We rolled over for the Packers in 2006 when we had everything wrapped up, don't see any reason why we wouldn't do it now. Bears have bigger **** to worry about than a regular season game that means nothing.

much better defense in 2006 and a much better running game

bearsfan_51
12-29-2010, 12:57 AM
No idea what that has to do with our desire to play our starters in a meaningless game.

BloodBrother
12-29-2010, 02:15 AM
Well, I'm all for the Bears resting their starters. I think if the game is close, they'll keep pushing hard, but if the Pack get up big early, the Bears will fold up shop and yank guys and focus on being ready for the playoffs

I don't care who the Packers play in the playoffs...just win

Sportsfan486
12-29-2010, 03:33 AM
Well, I'm all for the Bears resting their starters. I think if the game is close, they'll keep pushing hard, but if the Pack get up big early, the Bears will fold up shop and yank guys and focus on being ready for the playoffs

I don't care who the Packers play in the playoffs...just win

Yeah, let's not act like the Bears can't beat us. Hester alone can beat us.

I'll take a gimme week 17 and the Eagles in the playoffs. Bring it.

And you really think the Bears are going to practice full strength? Atlanta plays Carolina AT ATLANTA to lock up homefield throughout. If there was a game all season I'd put money on, it'd be that one. Atlanta wins, Bears sit starters, we win, play Philly.

cvv84
12-29-2010, 06:34 AM
Who cares who rests who or not. We NEED a win to get in and thats all that matters.

drowe
12-29-2010, 07:39 AM
Well, if the Bears were the 3 seed, we'd have to beat them twice in a row. And we all remember how that worked last year with Arizona.

Philly is wildly inconsistent. I think they're still in 'elite' status because of the Redskins game. But, since then, they've been just good.

Playing Vick in the first round of the playoffs brings back bad wildcard memories too though.

J-Mike88
12-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Well, if the Bears were the 3 seed, we'd have to beat them twice in a row. And we all remember how that worked last year with Arizona.

Philly is wildly inconsistent. I think they're still in 'elite' status because of the Redskins game. But, since then, they've been just good.

Playing Vick in the first round of the playoffs brings back bad wildcard memories too though.
True, but that defense back then sucked, wasn't the 3-4, didn't have Capers as coordinator, didn't have Matthews and Bishop hunting Vick.
And I think that damn team back then may have had Ahmad Carroll?

We know we can beat Philly. But first things first, we need to beat the Bears. I mean get the W. We already outplayed the hell out of them in Chicago in week 3, but we didn't come away with the W for many reasons. We simply need to get the W this Sunday.

I expect Lovie to try and get them to play 100%, but mentally they won't be sharp, and eventually they will pull and rest some key guys who are banged up... (wait, the Bears don't have key any injuries?)

Sportsfan486
12-29-2010, 07:57 AM
I expect Lovie to try and get them to play 100%, but mentally they won't be sharp, and eventually they will pull and rest some key guys who are banged up... (wait, the Bears don't have key any injuries?)

There's no way they stick Cutler out there against Matthews in Lambeau in January in a meaningless game. No way. I don't see it. I imagine Peppers and Urlacher would sit, also. Not sure whom else.

J-Mike88
12-29-2010, 08:58 AM
There's no way they stick Cutler out there against Matthews in Lambeau in January in a meaningless game. No way. I don't see it. I imagine Peppers and Urlacher would sit, also. Not sure whom else.
You don't think they will even start and play some?
Or do you think they'll play a quarter or a half?

Does anyone see any similarities at this point in time between the 2007-08 world champion NY Giants season path and this 2010 Green Bay Packers path?

Giants barely got in, they had some big injuries, particularly at the DB position.
They had to win 3 road playoff games to get to the Super Bowl, including beating 2 teams (Dallas and us) whom they had lost to during that regular season.

Late in the regular season, they almost beat the undefeated Patriots....

And then in the Super Bowl, they faced and beat the God Tom Brady and the invincible Patriots.

Can we follow that same path?

We'd have to also win 3 road games, including at Atlanta where we lost during the regular season, and then perhaps at Chicago where we lost during the regular season. Both the #1 & #2 seeds, just like the Giants beat in 07/08.

Can you imagine the rivalry intensity if it was Packers @ Bears in the NFC Title game?

drowe
12-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Yes and No to the Superbowl.

-Yes, we've gotten hot at times and looked unbeatable. That stretch involving the Cowboys, Jets and Vikings was pretty impressive. We are a complete team. High powered offense and solid defense. And there are no teams in the NFL that are remotely unbeatable this year. When the Packers are at their best, I do believe they are top 2-3 teams in football.

-But, the fact remains, we are decimated by injuries and we would have to play 3 brutal road games...likely at Philly, at Atlanta and at New Orleans. Any one of those games would qualify as our toughest win of the season (except maybe the win at NYJ) and to think we can pull off 3 wins in a row like that is a stretch. Especially considering we're lacking in certain aspects including play late in close games. That crap needs to be straightened out before we can realistically think about making a post season run.

-I hate these 2 words, but making the playoffs would, to some degree, be a major moral victory this year. If we win this weekend, I hope they go balls out, and take some crazy chances early and often. Aaron Rodgers and this young team getting one playoff win under their belt would thrill me. so,

Making the Playoffs=Win
Winning a playoff game=Awesome
Making the Superbowl=Pipedream
Winning the Superbowl=why not.

PACKmanN
12-29-2010, 06:05 PM
You don't think they will even start and play some?
Or do you think they'll play a quarter or a half?

Does anyone see any similarities at this point in time between the 2007-08 world champion NY Giants season path and this 2010 Green Bay Packers path?

Giants barely got in, they had some big injuries, particularly at the DB position.
They had to win 3 road playoff games to get to the Super Bowl, including beating 2 teams (Dallas and us) whom they had lost to during that regular season.

Late in the regular season, they almost beat the undefeated Patriots....

And then in the Super Bowl, they faced and beat the God Tom Brady and the invincible Patriots.

Can we follow that same path?

We'd have to also win 3 road games, including at Atlanta where we lost during the regular season, and then perhaps at Chicago where we lost during the regular season. Both the #1 & #2 seeds, just like the Giants beat in 07/08.

Can you imagine the rivalry intensity if it was Packers @ Bears in the NFC Title game?
they might get one drive on both sides, but guys like Cutler, Frote, Olsen, Peppers, Urlacher, Briggs, and Tilliman might sit

bigboiajhawk
12-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Gotta give a shout out to Brandon Jackson:

Brandon Jackson has over 1000 yards of total offense.

Also, I am really hoping A-Rod has a huge day, to be specific I hope he has 307 yards passing and 3 TDs. That would give him 4000 yards and 30 TDs. If he posts those numbers he would be the only QB in Packer history to have a QB rating of 100+ in two consecutive seasons.

umphrey
12-30-2010, 03:39 PM

I expect something in between. The Bears want to win and they will try to. They don't want to see us in the playoffs either since they barely squeaked out a win at home against us earlier in the season and they would rather play a team that NORTH of Chicago, negating a big part of the home field advantage they earned.

It's been a few days now and I can honestly say Aaron Rodgers played not only the best single game of his career but the best 60 minutes of football I've ever seen out of a quarterback in my life. If you look at the stats they stack up with just about anyone, 25/37, 404 yards, 4 TDs, 1 sack, 0 turnovers, 45 offensive points. That only a small addition to my argument, however. He executed plays to what I thought was perfection about 90% of the time. I only counted maybe 2 or 3 throws that were off target. The most impressive was the windows he was throwing to. He put so many passes right on target exactly where his receivers needed it just about every time, to the point where you wouldn't even go back and say "next time 1 inch higher or 1/2 second earlier". It was absolutely ridiculous. His pocket presence, scrambling, and decision making were equally excellent.

Disclaimer time now: I haven't watched every football game since I've been born or probably even 5% of them. The big contenders for this personal award from me would be the great games by Brett Favre (Oakland after father's death comes to mind), Tom Brady (2007 mostly), and Peyton Manning (mostly the 05-08). Here's why this game stands top: Brett Favre had some amazing games but rarely (if ever) did he not make a completely boneheaded play throwing it right to a defender, even if it was dropped, or got TDs by just throwing jump balls, or consistently fit balls in as accurate as Rodgers did. Brady's greatest games to me were when he had Moss and he lowered the degree of difficulty significantly. Peyton, nothing comes to mind really, though I think he's the best quarterback in football right now, I can't think of a game where he's been more impressive with moving around and throwing on the run, and he will miss throws and get frustrated.

I like to try to keep track of things like this so when I see excellence I've never seen before it sticks with me for awhile. For example my "best interception ever" was Charles Woodson during his Heisman year at Michigan (I had that before he came to GB) - and that was recently broken in the Oklahoma/Oklahoma State game.

Here are the extremely sexy interceptions:

93RkWNK3BZc

z09R3uZinGs

Bonus: Greatest sack I've ever seen although I've only seen the highlight, by the greatest MLB ever. It's at 5:43 against the 49ers. Lots of candidates for "greatest ______ ever" in that video though, it's my favorite highlight video.

sxR9qYSHt8U

J-Mike88
12-30-2010, 07:40 PM
From Sept, 2007:

The Green Bay Packers claimed fullback John Kuhn on waivers, placed running back Noah Herron on injured reserve and signed seven players to the practice squad Sunday. The transactions were announced by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

Claimed on waivers from Pittsburgh, Kuhn (pronounced KOON), played nine games with the Steelers in 2006. The second-year pro from Shippensburg (Pa.) spent the 2005 season on the Steelers' practice squad.

Singed to the practice squad were wide receiver David Clowney, wide receiver Chris Francies, tight end Clark Harris, linebacker Spencer Havner, tackle Orrin Thompson, quarterback Paul Thompson and running back Corey White.

Nov 29, 2006

The Green Bay Packers Wednesday signed cornerback Tramon Williams to return their practice squad to eight players. Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson announced the signing.
Williams, a 5-foot-11, 182-pound rookie out of Louisiana Tech, originally signed as a non-drafted free agent with the Texans before Houston released him in its final preseason roster reduction. His first name is pronounced trah-MAHN.

I find that amazing.... Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson has run this team for about 6 years now, and he's never drafted a good CB for us. But then he's found and signed 2 undrafted guys in Tramon Williams and Sam Shields, who are as good as most team's #1 & #2 guys. Maybe Sam isn't quite there yet, but think about it: He's the only new guy added to the CBackfield from last year's which was torched many times. Just think if he improves along a similar curve as Tramon did.

umphrey
12-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah I always thought we were doomed to give up on drafting CBs and just wait until Harris or Woodson was done and just sign the best free agent like we did with Woodson. Tramon is a long term starter. Shields, maybe, but the future looks bright. Unfortunately we STILL need to add talent there because
-Underwood didn't look that good in preseason and has pretty much fallen off the map
-Pat Lee is the new Will Blackmon except not as good on special teams. I don't think the coaches see much cover talent in him so they are just trying to get the most out of his athleticism on special teams
-Jarrett Bush, how is he still around? He's playing some decent football though. Whenever he gets pushed into nickel he gets burned though.

So, yeah, since Woodson looks like he won't last another year at CB, we need a starter in the offseason. Not a great one, just someone who can keep Jarrett Bush off the field. We have dead weight at the position I wouldn't mind cutting ties with.

PACKmanN
12-31-2010, 03:46 AM
I think Woodson can last 2 years as the number 2, move Williams over and keep him on the 1s.

Sportsfan486
12-31-2010, 04:14 AM
I think Woodson can last 2 years as the number 2, move Williams over and keep him on the 1s.

I think Woodson can be okay next year, but he's no longer an elite CB. He'd be an elite safety but which of our safeties do you push back for him? I'd gladly have him over Bigby. Collins and Woodson would be the best safety duo in football.

J-Mike88
12-31-2010, 07:25 AM
I think Woodson can be okay next year, but he's no longer an elite CB. He'd be an elite safety but which of our safeties do you push back for him? I'd gladly have him over Bigby. Collins and Woodson would be the best safety duo in football.
Safeties:
-Collins
-Woodson
-Morgan Burnett
-Atari Bigby
-Charlie Peprah
-Derrick Martin
-Anthony Smith

If the team has any intentions of moving Woodson to safety in the future, it's gotta be a given that Bigby is done as a Packer. And Peprah may have earned himself a nice contract with another team.

Smith and Martin are good special teams guys, but I'd much rather have Peprah.

I thin Charles could play safety for another 5 years, which is about what his cousin Rod Woodson did I think, play safety into his late 30's.

We already pretty much put Tramon and Shields out wide most of the time, leaving Charles along the slot, where it's easier for him to blitz.

Sniper
12-31-2010, 07:51 AM
I thin Charles could play safety for another 5 years, which is about what his cousin Rod Woodson did I think

They're not related.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/magazine/08/26/raiders/

"I think it's going to start with our defense -- and it's got to start with our corners," says 38-year-old free safety Rod Woodson (no relation to Charles)

cvv84
12-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Pipe dream but I'd love to see the Packers sign Richard Marshall this offseason. Let Woodson shift to nickleback or safety.

J-Mike88
12-31-2010, 11:02 AM
Dec. 31, 2010 10:14 a.m.

Green Bay -- Rookie offensive guard Marshall Newhouse's season is over due to a back injury and the Packers have re-signed Evan Dietrich Smith to take his place on the 53-man roster.

Newhouse started having problems with his back several weeks ago and on Wednesday said that he was going to get an MRI to see exactly what the problem was. When asked if he was fearful that it might be a disk injury, Newhouse said he couldn't be sure and was hoping it wasn't.

The Packers put him on injured reserve this morning. Newhouse has not played in a game all year and is considered a guard prospect, although he played left tackle in college.

Dietrich-Smith a 6-foot-2, 308-pounder, appeared in 13 games for the Packers as a rookie last season, primarily on special teams. He was released in the final roster cutdown this season, then was claimed by Seattle, where he was inactive for the first four games of the season before being released on Oct. 5.

Dietrich-Smith will wear No. 62.

Sportsfan486
12-31-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm not entirely sure that Shields can't be a #2 next year. Yeah, he's gotten burned sometimes this year but he's also made some great plays. Look at the learning curve he accomplished this, his rookie, year and imagine if he puts that same effort into next offseason. If he did, he'd definitely be a worthy #2. Then you talk about playing Woodson as safety in 2-CB sets and then as a 3rd corner in Nickel and bring Bigby/Peprah/Burnett back on the field. I could dig it.

umphrey
12-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Marshall Newhouse hopefully isn't on the Justin Harrell career path. At least the team didn't burn a high pick on him if that's the case.

J-Mike88
01-01-2011, 10:44 AM
I find it amazing (painful) that every single loss the Packers ever have, it basically came down to one play. Just one play, had it not occurred, and we'd have won the game.

This goes back to the Arizona playoff game (Rodgers in OT, first play, has Jennings deep, and overthrows him).

And the only loss we had in the last 8 games of last season, at Pittsburgh, it came down to that final lucky TD pass by Rapelisburger against our street guy Josh Bell. But that came a play after Cullen Jenkins had big Ben wide open for a sack which would have ended the game. But he missed and Ben got the clock stopped with a throw away.

This year, which of these single plays bothers you the most:

@ Bears, week 3.
-2 minutes to go, Rodgers to James Jones for a 1st down at about midfield, Jones with the ball in the wrong arm again, is stripped and the ball magically hits an invisible forcefield one centimeter from the sideline and stops so a Bear can recover it. A few plays later, Bears win it on a FG as time expires.

@ Red Skins, week 5.
-In an ugly game where Donald Lee's fumble on the first play would end Jermichael Finley's season, and Matthews would pull his hammy, and a few other guys would get hurt for the year, the game was still ours on the last play of the game when, tied, Mason Crosby lined up the GW Field Goal. He kicked it pretty good, started dead center, then drifted left, left, wind blew it, hook... clank, off the post.

vs Miami, week 6.
-Missing Matthews, we played terrible, but still, the game was tied with about 3 minutes to go, and our defense forced a 3&out and the Fins had to punt from inside their own 10, which would have given us great field position.
Amazingly, the ref decides to call us for having a guy lineup to close to the long-snapper, even though it was the same thing on every other punt that day, and even though replays indicated that our guy was exactly at least one full yard away as the rule calls for.
Dolphins would ultimately get a FG on that drive to win the game and drop us to 3-3.

@ Atlanta week 12.
-Early in the game, Rodgers fumbles on a sneak at the goalline, costing us a very valuable 7 points.
Late in the game, after Rodgers' clutchest drive of his life tied the game with just over 30 seconds left, the special teams allows a huge return to set up the game-winning FG for Atlanta, which of course they made unlike Crosby in DC.

@ Detroit, week 14.
-First drive of the game in what should be a Packers blowout win over the Lions and their 3rd string QB, Andrew Quarless fumbles away the ball on a routine play that would have us having a first down near the red zone, in what would be business as usual and a quick 7-0 lead on the Lions.
-Next drive, Rodgers gorgeous deep ball to a wide open Jennings for a 80-yard TD and 7-0 Packers lead, but Jennings drops it and uses his helmet to bump the ball up into the air right to the beaten Lions DB for an Interception of Rodgers, his only one in about these last 6 or 7 games.
-A few drives later as the Packers offense was studdering, Rodgers felt the need to get some extra yards (since his WR and TE's were ****ing up), so he scrambles for a first down, and then some, but gets hammered and a concussion.

@ New England, week 15.
-Early in the game, Charles Woodson drops an easy Int from Tom Brady (who has had a horse shoe or rabbits foot up his ** all year long with guys dropping Ints). That drop by Woodson cost us 7 points at the least (they would get a TD on the drive), and maybe 14 because it looked to be a possible pick-6.
Late in the game, as with the Falcons game blueprint, our special teams would allow another long return to the famous Dan Conelley.

This is why we need to always get up and stay up by more than 7 points. We did get a 10 point lead on Washington, and needed to extend it. But didn't.

Which of these plays bothers you the most?
Which one had the biggest ramifications for us?
I'd have to say the Bears game, and then the Lions give-away.

Morton
01-01-2011, 10:46 AM
That's why I'm high on the Packers going to the Super Bowl, because all of their losses were mostly based on flukey kind of plays and you could make the argument that the Packers were the superior team in almost every game.

If Matthews and Rodgers and co. stay healthy they're going to be a handful for any team in the playoffs.

Sportsfan486
01-01-2011, 06:11 PM
-Next drive, Rodgers gorgeous deep ball to a wide open Jennings for a 80-yard TD and 7-0 Packers lead, but Jennings drops it and uses his helmet to bump the ball up into the air right to the beaten Lions DB for an Interception of Rodgers, his only one in about these last 6 or 7 games.

This one. How can a WR that is considered one of the top 3 deep threats in football drop such a routine catch? Not only that, but have it intercepted as a result. That Lions loss put us in more of a hole then any other game because it gave the Bears control of the NFC North.

Sportsfan486
01-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Well, I really feel good about this game. I think we'd beat them up if they were at full strength, so I think when they rest guys we'll roll.

I'm rooting for Rodgers to get 307 and 3 TDs. That would give him 3 straight 4k and 28+ years and two straight 4k and 30+ years. Have to imagine we'll ride his hot arm into this game and come out throwing against a secondary that is the weakest link of a strong Chicago defense.

cvv84
01-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Hopefully that Lions loss was a wakeup call.

But I still can't believe you guys are talking about the Bears resting guys or not. Does it really matter? We need to win reguardless and that last time we played then we only lost by 3 points and had a ton of penalties. The Bears don't scare me at all. They're one of those teams that seem to pull wins out of their ass and overachieve.

J-Mike88
01-02-2011, 07:13 AM
But I still can't believe you guys are talking about the Bears resting guys or not. Does it really matter? We need to win reguardless and that last time we played then we only lost by 3 points and had a ton of penalties. The Bears don't scare me at all. They're one of those teams that seem to pull wins out of their ass and overachieve.
True, but THAT is why they scare me. Not because they are great or play great, but because even when they don't, they somehow pull wins out. But wins are wins.

However, maybe their luck ran out with the change to 2011, and we can see them turned back into the Cubbies instead of Bears. Let's maul these furry bastards today!

Packers 34
Bears 0

Rodgers, 319 yards, 3 TDs.
Best news: no significant injuries to us for the first time all year. The Bears instead assume our role in that department.

hoekd0250
01-02-2011, 05:41 PM
i think as packer fans we need to start realizing how great of a coack olb coach greene is and how hes taken week in week out no name olb and made them great at keeping contain on run plays and still able to rush the passer. im starting to think its because of him that clay has become so good i think give zombo or someone like him another year with greene and we will be deadly on the outside he deserves a coach of the year within the organization

Boston
01-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Is Cullen Jenkins for sure coming back next week? That would be a huge boost for our pass rush, especially with the job of containing Vick coming up next wekk.

cvv84
01-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Is Cullen Jenkins for sure coming back next week? That would be a huge boost for our pass rush, especially with the job of containing Vick coming up next wekk.

Supposedly (http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20101230/PKR01/101230129/Notebook-Jenkins-key-weapon-in-pass-rush-arsenal) he will be ready for the playoffs.

BloodBrother
01-03-2011, 03:18 AM
Gotta give McCarthy and his staff credit...they really fixed the penalty problem this season. That was one of the main things that his regime seemed to struggle with

*Green Bay’s 78 penalties on the season are the fewest in franchise annals since the NFL went to a 16-game schedule in 1978. The previous low was 80 penalties in 1983 and 2001.

78 penalties on the season, and 18 of those were that one game debacle against Chicago. Take that out, and they averaged 4 penalties per game in the other 15.

Also, with all the guys who keep contributing, its a credit to the program and coaching of McCarthy and the rest of the staff. The team has had a lot of turnover as far as talent goes this season, and yet we keep getting guys playing well and knowing their assignments. Howard Green has been a great pick-up, and Walden has shown promise. Peprah is playing very well, and so on. Hah, I know a few weeks ago I went on a drunken rant about how McCarthy has to go, but the guy has really done a good job, especially this season. Pack now have a great trade piece in Matt Flynn, to, thanks to McCarthy's QB school. They really developed him well and he is definitely starter material in the NFL

EvilMonkey
01-03-2011, 06:26 AM
78 penalties on the season, and 18 of those were that one game debacle against Chicago. Take that out, and they averaged 4 penalties per game in the other 15.

and take bulaga out and they were probably averaging like 2 a game

J-Mike88
01-03-2011, 08:21 AM
and take bulaga out and they were probably averaging like 2 a game
That **** pisses me off so much. I fear he's another overrated U of Iowa lineman. I'm afraid he's just a guy.
Rodger Stafford has been a lot better this year for the Rams, and at Left Tackle.

Clifton, all in all, did a great job on Peppers last night. Had we contained Peppers like that the first time around, we win that game.

Anyway, the Roadmap to Dallas starts in Philly! No Brandon Graham, and quite a few other guys right? They've lost a few good guys. Trent Cole is still solid though. I think we should be able to burn Asante Samuel on a few bites.

Sportsfan486
01-03-2011, 12:53 PM
How much would you all love a Packers vs Pats rematch in the Super Bowl with Rodgers instead of Flynn? And yeah, I just came a little.

J-Mike88
01-03-2011, 03:25 PM
How much would you all love a Packers vs Pats rematch in the Super Bowl with Rodgers instead of Flynn? And yeah, I just came a little.
Just a little?

jackalope
01-03-2011, 04:31 PM
(The Packers had the ninth most difficult schedule [.520] based on final 2010 standings and the most difficult of any team that made the playoffs)

From the JS Online blog.

GB12
01-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Who covers DeSean? Chuck (PBHN) Woodson?Depends on where he lines up. If he's in the slot it'll be Woodson, if he's on the outside Williams will probably take him.

From the JS Online blog.

We had the toughest strength of schedule of any team .500 or better. The crappy teams have inflated strength of schedules because they're the ones giving away the wins.

No, you have to put Woodson on Jackson. Don't try to run with him, beat the hell out of him at the line of scrimmage and get him frustrated.
No, if we're in a two CB formation I'd put Williams on Jackson and let Woodson shut down Maclin. Williams has more speed and has been the better cover corner this year. If we're in nickel Woodson should take him in the slot and Williams if he's on the outside. I do not want Shields on Jackson ever. He might be as fast or faster than Jackson, but he's going to get beat badly if Jackson can make one cut.

Woodson will be blitzing a lot again this week like he did against the Bears. Corner blitzes work great against Vick, and if he can escape a bit Woodson will be able to chase him down. We'll probably play the whole game in nickel like we did the first week of the season. That gives us the best match ups with Vick in there. It allows us to use Woodson as basically a third safety.

J-Mike88
01-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Flashback, way back.
http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2004/12/26/sp_rodgers01.jpg http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2004/12/26/sp_rodgers007_lm.jpg

Way back, 2004: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/12/26/SPG81AH9PK1.DTL&hw=Aaron+Rodgers&sn=001&sc=1000

BloodBrother
01-03-2011, 06:24 PM
From the JS Online blog.

Makes this season even more impressive. Tough schedule + having a lot of their key guys go down with injury and they still found a way to get to the playoffs

cvv84
01-04-2011, 06:14 AM
McCarthy has a few issues with Rodgers, offense (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/112836809.html)

Wow... Umm Mik, you're the one calling the plays. The players can only try to execute what you want to call. Doesn't help when you abandon the run after the 1st series of a game either. I give Rodgers alot of credit for being able to work behind a shaky offensive line and no run game. And how many times have we seen Rodgers auidible into a run play? Even he knows you can't pass every down.

BloodBrother
01-04-2011, 10:46 AM
YES! YES!

Desmond Bishop was just extended. Breaking news. 4 yr/19 million. Don't know how the deal breaks out, what is guaranteed, etc

what a ****** deal! So stoked about this.

BloodBrother
01-04-2011, 10:49 AM
McCarthy has a few issues with Rodgers, offense (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/112836809.html)

Wow... Umm Mik, you're the one calling the plays. The players can only try to execute what you want to call. Doesn't help when you abandon the run after the 1st series of a game either. I give Rodgers alot of credit for being able to work behind a shaky offensive line and no run game. And how many times have we seen Rodgers auidible into a run play? Even he knows you can't pass every down.

I don't have a problem with this. I like how he both praises, and yet criticizes Rodgers. I take it as him challenging/motivating Rodgers

J-Mike88
01-04-2011, 11:09 AM
YES! YES!

Desmond Bishop was just extended. Breaking news. 4 yr/19 million. Don't know how the deal breaks out, what is guaranteed, etc
what a ****** deal! So stoked about this.
The Green Bay Packers signed linebacker Desmond Bishop to a four-year, $19 million contract extension, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

I still think Barnett will be the odd man out this off-season.
Hawk will be restructured/extended.

J-Mike88
01-04-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't have a problem with this. I like how he both praises, and yet criticizes Rodgers. I take it as him challenging/motivating Rodgers
Exactly. You have to keep some criticism coming in small amounts, can't let his head get too big, etc.

princefielder28
01-04-2011, 11:13 AM
love to have Bishop locked up and hopefully Barnett is cut loose

BloodBrother
01-04-2011, 01:18 PM
AJ Hawk really took control of the defense, and their play improved dramatically. They still would need to restructure his deal if he were to stay, though

really tough decision on who they would cut loose or try to use as trade bait. Him or Barnett. Poppinga is due for I think 2.5 mill in 2011, but I think he's as good as gone with the other cheap OLB options stepping up(Zombo/Walden) and they could add another OLB via the draft

Still got Jenkins to re-sign, and James Jones(don't even care if they bring him back)

PACKmanN
01-04-2011, 01:25 PM
I think James Jones should go someplace warm; he has had a lot of drops when the weather turns cold and the ball is wet.

Glad to see Bishop back, but does this make him our highest paid ILB?

BloodBrother
01-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Not even close. Hawk/Barnett are making more, and I think Chillar may be, to

cvv84
01-04-2011, 03:22 PM
love to have Bishop locked up and hopefully Barnett is cut loose

My thoughts as well. I like Barnett but you need to be available week to week. His durability is starting to become a huge concern.

J-Mike88
01-04-2011, 04:32 PM
My thoughts as well. I like Barnett but you need to be available week to week. His durability is starting to become a huge concern.
Bigby & Jenkins have been getting banged up too much also. Atari will be gone, but we need Jenkins. But he needs to stay on the field.

Chillar is making too much money. I'd rather trade him and keep Barnett and Hawk. But that's unlikely as Eugene Kane being honest is.

Anyone know the terms of Barnett's contract? Is he tradeable?
Hawk will sign a long-term extension to bring his cap # down.

GB12
01-04-2011, 05:31 PM
My thoughts as well. I like Barnett but you need to be available week to week. His durability is starting to become a huge concern.My thoughts as well. I like Barnett but you need to be available week to week. His durability is starting to become a huge concern.

He's had two serious season ending injuries. Other than that he's been very healthy throughout his career. It's not like Bigby who keeps getting nagging injuries, or Harrell who throws out his back in the weight room. Getting two season ending injuries more unlucky than a durability concern.

Chillar is making too much money. I'd rather trade him and keep Barnett and Hawk. But that's unlikely as Eugene Kane being honest is.Chillar will make $2 million next year. There's absolutely no reason to move him regardless of what happens with the other three.

AJ Hawk really took control of the defense, and their play improved dramatically. I think people have been giving Hawk a little too much credit. He's really stepped up his play this year, but a healthy Nick Barnett is still better.

James Jones(don't even care if they bring him back)Well that's just dumb. Jones is a starting WR in this league, and it's going to be for the Packers as soon as next year.

PACKmanN
01-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Not even close. Hawk/Barnett are making more, and I think Chillar may be, to

i know of Hawks' 10 million figure, but Chillar is making about 2 million and Barnett 3-3.5, so i'm pretty sure Bishops numbers are bigger.

Before Hawk stepped up as a leader, I would have never wanted to drop Barnett, but i still believe Barnett is the heart of this defense and would keep him over Hawk.

PackerLegend
01-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Hawk is very mehhhh doesn't do much for me. To bad Barnett wasnt able to play this year, if he was the decision would be much easier. It seems many people have forgotten about him an are now all about AJ. I dont understand it really.

Sportsfan486
01-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Hawk is very mehhhh doesn't do much for me. To bad Barnett wasnt able to play this year, if he was the decision would be much easier. It seems many people have forgotten about him an are now all about AJ. I dont understand it really.

Hawk is old reliable. He makes tackles, he handles blockers, he'll do okay in coverage. He almost never makes a big play but he makes all the little ones. Combined with the more playmaking Hawk and Des, it's something good to have.

cvv84
01-04-2011, 07:28 PM
He's had two serious season ending injuries. Other than that he's been very healthy throughout his career. It's not like Bigby who keeps getting nagging injuries, or Harrell who throws out his back in the weight room. Getting two season ending injuries more unlucky than a durability concern.

Doesn't matter to me, its all the same. You have to be available and 29 of 58 games isn't being available to me.

Bigby & Jenkins have been getting banged up too much also. Atari will be gone, but we need Jenkins. But he needs to stay on the field.

Its probably why Jenkins hasn't been extended yet. I agree his talent is undeniable but at some point you have to consider what you're going to be back in your investment.

PackerLegend
01-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Anyone ever hear how Finely was doing? I know he got an infection and was really sick so hopefully things are going well now. Since he got hurt are TE's have did about nothing in the receiving game. Really miss the guy hes a beast.

GB12
01-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Doesn't matter to me, its all the same. You have to be available and 29 of 58 games isn't being available to me.

There's a difference. It's not nagging injuries that keep recurring. Going forward Hawk is just as likely to have injuries as Barnett.

BloodBrother
01-04-2011, 09:42 PM
H
Well that's just dumb. Jones is a starting WR in this league, and it's going to be for the Packers as soon as next year.

He is an UFA right? He is too inconsistent and I don't care if they bring him back or not

GB12
01-04-2011, 10:07 PM
He is an UFA right? He is too inconsistent and I don't care if they bring him back or not

That's ridiculous. You don't let receivers like him walk. And I've seen that garbage about him being inconsistent on JSOnline too. He's currently the 3rd WR on a team that goes four deep, of course he's not going to be getting 70 yards every single week. Put him on a team like the Rams and he's a number one receiver and would consistently produce.

PackerLegend
01-04-2011, 10:37 PM
I like James but he seems to have butterfingers especially on some crucial plays. Then again Greg had a huge drop this week and againist the Lions which resulted in a pick.

BloodBrother
01-04-2011, 11:03 PM
That's ridiculous. You don't let receivers like him walk. And I've seen that garbage about him being inconsistent on JSOnline too. He's currently the 3rd WR on a team that goes four deep, of course he's not going to be getting 70 yards every single week. Put him on a team like the Rams and he's a number one receiver and would consistently produce.

by inconsistent I mean that he has flashes of brilliance, and the skill is obviously there, but for whatever reason the dude seems to have trouble with drops and fumbles, and is lazy when it comes to jumpballs. I wasn't talking about yardage/td production

cvv84
01-05-2011, 06:18 AM
There's a difference. It's not nagging injuries that keep recurring. Going forward Hawk is just as likely to have injuries as Barnett.

I know what you mean already, it doesn't make a difference.