PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

J-Mike88
10-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Oh and, to the surprise of no one, Neal probably won't be ready to come back immediately after the Bye....and there is still no guarantee if he'll even play this year. At this point, the name Mike Neal is nothing but a myth in Green Bay
Pretty pathetic I must admit.
The combine needs to invent a drill where these guys are tested for toughness and durability somehow.
Figure out who's built of steel and who's brittle like glass.

cvv84
10-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Pretty pathetic I must admit.
The combine needs to invent a drill where these guys are tested for toughness and durability somehow.
Figure out who's built of steel and who's brittle like glass.

Neal started 23 of his last 24 collegiate games. Injuries happen. Look at Matthew Stafford, his first years in the NFL were injury riddled yet you could see the talent that he's now displaying.

J-Mike88
10-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Look at Matthew Stafford, his first years in the NFL were injury riddled yet you could see the talent that he's now displaying.
That's correct. And Stafford guaranteed he'd start 16 this year I remember. Ballzy.
The big difference is the QB can go a few games without getting sacked once. Stafford wasn't sacked til week 3 this year, by the Purple People Eaters when they crushed the Lions 20-0 in the first half.

Neal, at his position, has a physical battle every play. Again, I agree with bloodbrother at this point, the name Mike Neal is a myth in Green Bay, until he is back, producing, and sticks around.

cvv84
10-22-2011, 09:38 AM
That's correct. And Stafford guaranteed he'd start 16 this year I remember. Ballzy.
The big difference is the QB can go a few games without getting sacked once. Stafford wasn't sacked til week 3 this year, by the Purple People Eaters when they crushed the Lions 20-0 in the first half.

Neal, at his position, has a physical battle every play. Again, I agree with bloodbrother at this point, the name Mike Neal is a myth in Green Bay, until he is back, producing, and sticks around.

Point being is you're overreacting. All players get dinged up and you're acting like its their fault. How about James Starks? Suffered year and year ending injuries in college, came in as a rookie and was injured, and flurished late in the year and this season. Things happen and we're 6-0 without him(Neal). Who really cares?

PackerLegend
10-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Thats why I get annoyed when people bring up Finely and not wanting to sign because he had injuries. So he got hurt it happens to everybody. There really isnt a huge difference in how likely players are to get hurt. It just depends on being the unlucky one who gets hits or does the wrong thing at the right time. Look at Charles Woodson for a stretch there in Oakland he was missing tons of games, people thought he was done. Granted here he has been dinged up but hasnt really missed any.

cvv84
10-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Thats why I get annoyed when people bring up Finely and not wanting to sign because he had injuries. So he got hurt it happens to everybody. There really isnt a huge difference in how likely players are to get hurt. It just depends on being the unlucky one who gets hits or does the wrong thing at the right time. Look at Charles Woodson for a stretch there in Oakland he was missing tons of games, people thought he was done. Granted here he has been dinged up but hasnt really missed any.

And with guys like Finley and Neal you can see its killing them not to be on the field. They love to play the game and thats not something we saw with Harrell.

J-Mike88
10-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Point being is you're overreacting. All players get dinged up and you're acting like its their fault. Things happen and we're 6-0 without him(Neal). Who really cares?
I'm not concerned with the past, the 6 games we've already won.
I just want the guy to get back and play.
We don't need him in the past, but we will need him in the future. Coaches and GM specifically mentioned this guy when asked about the decision to let Jenkins leave.

In my opinion, Neal is a difference-maker in the trenches getting to QBs.
If he gets back and stays, you'll understand why I want the guy to heal up and become durable.

cvv84
10-22-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm not concerned with the past, the 6 games we've already won.
I just want the guy to get back and play.
We don't need him in the past, but we will need him in the future. Coaches and GM specifically mentioned this guy when asked about the decision to let Jenkins leave.

In my opinion, Neal is a difference-maker in the trenches getting to QBs.
If he gets back and stays, you'll understand why I want the guy to heal up and become durable.

And thats why you can't predict injuries, even for a guy who started 23 of his last 24 games before coming into the NFL. What if we let James Jones go and Jennings went down?

We all know that we want/need him back but lay off the guy, its not like he doesn't want to play or be here.

BloodBrother
10-23-2011, 07:05 PM
So the only thing that the D was doing well up to this point was stoppin the run and that went to sh*t today

another week, another opponent who puts up over 400 yards of offense. It's not hurting them right now, but this cannot continue. You don't win in the postseason with bad defense

BloodBrother
10-23-2011, 10:15 PM
btw, Jennings hurt his hand in the 1st quarter, stayed in the game and obviously played great

problem is that he has his hand wrapped in ice and he said it hurts him. Getting X-rays tomorrow. I hope to god he didn't suffer a ******* fracture. Hopefully he just sprained it or something

cvv84
10-24-2011, 07:59 AM
So the only thing that the D was doing well up to this point was stoppin the run and that went to sh*t today

another week, another opponent who puts up over 400 yards of offense. It's not hurting them right now, but this cannot continue. You don't win in the postseason with bad defense

Our defense has gone to **** fast. We're leaving guys too open and its hurting us. Ponder threw into triple coverae a few times and was able to keep the chains moving. Thats unacceptable to me.

We're a much better team than we're playing right now so hopefully they can re-group over the bye week and get healthy again.

What ever happened to Pat Lee? With Shields out we turn to Bush? If thats the case then why isn't Davon House getting more opportunities?

We also have to get Erik Walden out of the starting lineup. That guy is just terrible. Can't cover, can pass rush, and a weak run defender. Zombo can't get healthy fast enough.

BloodBrother
10-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Sounds like the Pack didn't do much on D yesterday

"We didn't throw a lot at him today," Woodson said. "A lot of man-to-man, and a lot of running around after their guys. Which I think for them helped out for moving Ponder out of the pocket, and us chasing guys all over the field."

but still, it definitely needs to improve if they want to win another SB. This offense is much better than last year but in order to win it all you need that lock down defense when it matters most. Right now this D is just a middle of the pack D, not elite like it was last year

they have to generate more of a pass rush, period. I don't know how they will do it, though. I don't think even if Neal does return that he can make such a drastic change. They still have no other OLB who can get to the QB

cvv84
10-24-2011, 03:30 PM
GOOD NEWS: Greg Jennings only has a bruise to his hand. Sam Shields has also been cleared to return as well. The bye week came at a great time!

BAD NEWS: Alex Green done for the season.

J-Mike88
10-24-2011, 05:00 PM
BAD NEWS: Alex Green done for the season.
That **** sucks.
Every year it seems we lose a guy to an ACL in that POS Metrodome.
Blackmon, Barnett, Tauscher.... now Alex Green.

Didn't this happen on a Cobb return?
Cobb was a serious detriment yesterday.

BloodBrother
10-24-2011, 05:38 PM
They weren't really using Green much at all this year. Sucks that he loses the rest of the year of development, though

great news about Jennings, however. Was bracing for some lame news about him having a hairline fracture or some crap

TimmG6376
10-24-2011, 06:04 PM
They weren't really using Green much at all this year. Sucks that he loses the rest of the year of development, though

great news about Jennings, however. Was bracing for some lame news about him having a hairline fracture or some crap

Yeah they weren't using him, but I had hopes that he might be the guy that would bring fresh legs to the running game late in the season. Oh well, at least it appears he will be able to participate in training camp next year.

Hawk
10-24-2011, 06:49 PM
I hate saying this, because being undefeated is great and everything, but I hope we trip up eventually. Just because it takes a ton of pressure away and our defense needs a wake up call. We'll get toasted in the playoffs like we did against Arizona two years ago if it doesn't improve.

cvv84
10-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah they weren't using him, but I had hopes that he might be the guy that would bring fresh legs to the running game late in the season. Oh well, at least it appears he will be able to participate in training camp next year.

Same here. Would be nice to see how he performed too so the decision we have to make with Grant this offseason would be a little more clearer.

jackalope
10-24-2011, 09:25 PM
I hate saying this, because being undefeated is great and everything, but I hope we trip up eventually. Just because it takes a ton of pressure away and our defense needs a wake up call. We'll get toasted in the playoffs like we did against Arizona two years ago if it doesn't improve.

Wrong. If you have a chance to go 19-0, you absolutely go for it. Gotta be rooting for that.

Hawk
10-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Wrong. If you have a chance to go 19-0, you absolutely go for it. Gotta be rooting for that.

As long as we win the last game of the year, I don't care how many losses we have. I'm sure the 2007 Patriots would trade a few of those regular season wins for a ring. I don't wanna be them.

But regardless I'm still rooting for us to win every game. I'm just not gonna be too disappointed if we did slip up. It would be better for the team in the long run.

cvv84
10-25-2011, 09:36 AM
As long as we win the last game of the year, I don't care how many losses we have. I'm sure the 2007 Patriots would trade a few of those regular season wins for a ring. I don't wanna be them.

But regardless I'm still rooting for us to win every game. I'm just not gonna be too disappointed if we did slip up. It would be better for the team in the long run.

The Patriots also didn't win the Superbowl the year before they went 18-1 either. I think this team knows what they're capable of and can turn it on when they need to.

TimmG6376
10-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Hoping that the bye can get some of these guys over their nagging injuries, get Neal back into the DL rotation, hopefully get that club off of Burnett's hand, and get back to playing some real defense.

Whistler6
10-25-2011, 03:04 PM
It kind of irks me to hear people talking about Christian Ponder like he actually did anything against Green Bay. He started something like 5/9 but ended the day 13/32 with 2 interceptions. That's Terrible. And Green Bay has played well against the run all season. There have been a few hiccups, but the only really big day came against (my opinion) the best running back in the NFL and one of the best in a long time. Going into the game against Minnesota, the Packers had given up only 3 points in the past 7 quarters.

They've beaten Chicago on the road, Atlanta on the road, and now Minnesota on the road. Say what you will about the talent of those squads, those are three of the toughest places to win. Not only has Rodgers and the offense held sway on opposing territory, but he's been absoFREAKINGlutely outstanding on the road.

The defense is definitely concerning when you think of opponents like New Orleans -- they scare me to death in the playoffs -- but to be 7-0 without having played a complete game on both sides of the ball yet? That's fantastic. As the weather gets worse, I think the defense is only going to get better and better, especially with home field advantage in the playoffs (potentially).

I'm sure you guys have discussed pretty much everything I just said, but it's been while. Sorry for the rambling mess.

cvv84
10-25-2011, 03:15 PM
It kind of irks me to hear people talking about Christian Ponder like he actually did anything against Green Bay. He started something like 5/9 but ended the day 13/32 with 2 interceptions. That's Terrible. And Green Bay has played well against the run all season. There have been a few hiccups, but the only really big day came against (my opinion) the best running back in the NFL and one of the best in a long time. Going into the game against Minnesota, the Packers had given up only 3 points in the past 7 quarters.

They've beaten Chicago on the road, Atlanta on the road, and now Minnesota on the road. Say what you will about the talent of those squads, those are three of the toughest places to win. Not only has Rodgers and the offense held sway on opposing territory, but he's been absoFREAKINGlutely outstanding on the road.

The defense is definitely concerning when you think of opponents like New Orleans -- they scare me to death in the playoffs -- but to be 7-0 without having played a complete game on both sides of the ball yet? That's fantastic. As the weather gets worse, I think the defense is only going to get better and better, especially with home field advantage in the playoffs (potentially).

I'm sure you guys have discussed pretty much everything I just said, but it's been while. Sorry for the rambling mess.

It was a mixed performance IMO. He did make some really nice throws and showed good pocket awareness but the majority of his yardage came on the 1st play with a blown coverage and the rest when we were up by 2 scores and playing soft coverage.

He has some skills and not having any real tape on him doesn't help the defense any. I think the week 10 re-match will be a better indicator against us.

He is better than McNabb but he'll need to complete more passes because 13-32 just doesn't cut it.

J-Mike88
10-25-2011, 10:08 PM
His 3rd down conversions, especially converting 3-3 of them for that last TD, was impressive as hell. And a few of the passes he was facing the huge rush from Matthews in his face.

I give him credit for that clutchness.
Contrast that with Carson Palmer or Kyle Boller, or Joe Flacco or Blaine Gabbert....... Ponder might be okay.

J-Mike88
10-25-2011, 10:17 PM
That's a very good point. Remember Rodgers was phenomenal that game too. But he made an early mistake (int), a late mistake (fumble), and one bad pass in OT (overthrew Jennings for OT TD), and that was enough to lose because the defense couldn't stop the passing of a great QB.

The good thing is, hopefully, we won't be playing in any domes, or great QB in dome like Warner.
We have Brees, but we are essentially 3 games ahead of them now.

And we do stop the run well now, kinda, well except for Adrian Peterson.
I really like our chances because I think we can run it in January, as long as we keep Starks & Grant healthy.

jackalope
10-26-2011, 12:15 AM

I disagree. As cvv84 said, the mindset changes a bit coming off a Superbowl win. There is a big difference in my mind between another championship, and a perfect season. 19-0 would probably mean they'll be considered the greatest team ever.

That said, I'm not going to be upset at all if we don't have a perfect season. That's obviously a ridiculous expectation.

cvv84
10-26-2011, 08:32 AM
His 3rd down conversions, especially converting 3-3 of them for that last TD, was impressive as hell. And a few of the passes he was facing the huge rush from Matthews in his face.

I give him credit for that clutchness.
Contrast that with Carson Palmer or Kyle Boller, or Joe Flacco or Blaine Gabbert....... Ponder might be okay.

We were playing some soft coverage there late in the game though. Escentially take away the first and last drive and he only threw for around 75 yards. He does have some tools to work with but I think a better indication will be the week 10 re-match.

Also I think you need to do some more research because Flacco has had alot of 4th quarter comebacks in his short career.

J-Mike88
10-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Leading Packer Pro Bowl candidates (and my odds they will get in/ and my odds of them deserving to... all barring injury)

Rodgers 100/100
Matthews 100/100
Woodson 100/100
Jennings 99/99
Raji 80/30
Tramon 40/20
Crosby 60/100
Bishop 50/90
J-Mike 60/60
Wells 30/90
Sitton 20/10
Clifton 25/0
Pickett 10/75
Masthay 10/10
Hawk 35/0
Collins 1/1
Burnett 5/5

Reigning Super Bowl Champs tend to get a lot of guys in, plus with us kicking @ass again, we could really push the envelope.
We've seen some teams get 8, 9 guys named. Of course, we plan on being busy that time of year and none of our guys playing in the game.

Who do you disagree with the assessment of?
BTW, Bishop leads the NFL in tackles. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/stats/

SuperPacker
10-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Leading Packer Pro Bowl candidates (and my odds they will get in/ and my odds of them deserving to... all barring injury)

Rodgers 100/100
Matthews 100/100
Woodson 100/100
Jennings 99/99
Raji 80/30
Tramon 40/20
Crosby 60/100
Bishop 50/90
J-Mike 60/60
Wells 30/90
Sitton 20/10
Clifton 25/0
Pickett 10/75
Masthay 10/10
Hawk 35/0
Collins 1/1
Burnett 5/5

Reigning Super Bowl Champs tend to get a lot of guys in, plus with us kicking @ass again, we could really push the envelope.
We've seen some teams get 8, 9 guys named. Of course, we plan on being busy that time of year and none of our guys playing in the game.

Who do you disagree with the assessment of?
BTW, Bishop leads the NFL in tackles. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/stats/

Rodgers 100/100
Matthews 80/100
Woodson 100/100
Jennings 100/100
Raji 50/30
Tramon 20/20
Crosby 80/100
Bishop 80/100
J-Mike 50/30
Wells 30/60
Sitton 30/30
Clifton 0/0
Pickett 0/40
Masthay 20/20
Hawk 20/10
Collins 0/0
Burnett 60/50

SuperPacker
10-27-2011, 08:27 AM
J-Mike

Why do you think Collins has a 1/100 chance of getting in the pro bowl? And surely the chances of Burnett getting in are higher than 5/100!!

jackalope
10-27-2011, 01:15 PM
J-Mike

Why do you think Collins has a 1/100 chance of getting in the pro bowl? And surely the chances of Burnett getting in are higher than 5/100!!

If you look at the rest of the NFC probowl candidates for free safety, Burnett actually has a great shot. There really aren't any big names. He's tied for first in interceptions right now, has the most forced fumbles, and most tackles, so if people are voting on stats, he'd be the front-runner.

PackerLegend
10-27-2011, 03:20 PM
J-Mike

? He has Collins at 0/0. Which for unfortunate reasons is where it should be.

Burnett is at 60/50... He thinks he has a 60/100 chance of getting in but only 50/100 deserving to get in. With how his rankings are.

ImBrotherCain
10-27-2011, 03:35 PM
SuperPacker has Collins at 0/0 and Burnett at 60/50. He is also the one that asked JMike about his rankings

SuperPacker
10-27-2011, 04:07 PM
My bad i lost my ability to read for a second :D

SuperPacker
10-27-2011, 04:17 PM
did it again :D yeah i said collins was 0/0 and burnett was 50/60 not J-Mike!!

PackerLegend
10-27-2011, 04:20 PM
SuperPacker has Collins at 0/0 and Burnett at 60/50. He is also the one that asked JMike about his rankings

Your right. I cant read either, sorry guys.

BloodBrother
10-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Something I found a bit surprising

we have been harping on the D so far this year and how it has not looked anything like last year's D

well, after 7 games last year, the defense gave up 136 points. This year, they've given up 141. I'll take that especially since the offense has scored nearly 100 points MORE than it did last year at this point

obviously the D has things to work on, but just like last year, in the 2nd half they started to turn things around. Hopefully the same happens this year

D is still creating a lot of turnovers(lead NFL in INT's) and while their pass rush has to improve, they've still registered the 4th most sacks. Outside of this past week, the run D has been good

they just need to tighten up vs the pass going forward. Easier said than done but with this secondary I still refuse to think that they won't be able to do it. Tramon should be 100% healthy after the bye with his shoulder healed up, Shields will back and was starting to look like last year's Shields the last few weeks. Burnett has also continued to shine and he'll be getting that club off his hand eventually. Don't need the D to dominate right now anyway, but they'll need to bring their A game once the playoffs start

J-Mike88
10-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Good stats.... the problem is that turnovers, even though we are a turnover-forcing defense, don't always come.
I'd rather be able to stop people from big plays consistently.
In other words, I want to force punts more often than depend on a pick.

Still, the bottom line is points. And wins of course.

SuperPacker
10-30-2011, 09:29 AM
Whats our average points per game now? Last year it was something like 15 which is great. I dont pay attention to any of the other stats because they are all meaningless!

cvv84
10-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Whats our average points per game now? Last year it was something like 15 which is great. I dont pay attention to any of the other stats because they are all meaningless!

32.9 ppg which is 2nd in the NFL. Last season we averaged 24.3 ppg.

Our defense is giving up 20.1 ppg which is a 5 point increase over last season's average of 15.0 ppg.

SuperPacker
10-30-2011, 11:11 AM
So our offense is a lot better and of defense is only slightly worse! Why are people complaining? We're 7-0

BloodBrother
10-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Again though, the D wasn't as dominant to start the season last year. They really turned it around during the 2nd half of the season. Hoping this year's D can do the same

if not...as long as they can keep their ppg against at 20 or below, that will be fine. This offense will average over 30 ppg on offense

J-Mike88
10-31-2011, 01:41 PM
If we don't make it back to the Super Bowl, and you get money now for choosing the team who beats us in the NFC Playoffs should that occur, what team do you put your money on?

I'll still take the Eagles, but San Fran with their strong running game, might be a good matchup for January frozen Tundra weather.

SuperPacker
10-31-2011, 03:50 PM
If we don't make it back to the Super Bowl, and you get money now for choosing the team who beats us in the NFC Playoffs should that occur, what team do you put your money on?

I'll still take the Eagles, but San Fran with their strong running game, might be a good matchup for January frozen Tundra weather.

The eagles? Their dun defense is too bad and mike vick is too inconsistant! San Francisco i like and the Saints too. But i cant really see any team beating us :D

J-Mike88
10-31-2011, 03:58 PM
The eagles? Their dun defense is too bad and mike vick is too inconsistant! San Francisco i like and the Saints too. But i cant really see any team beating us :D
So your free money is on the 49ers, if anyone.
They do run it well, which is critical for January football in Green Bay.

Playoff Forecast

#1- Packers
#2- 49ers
#3- Saints 11-5
#4- Eagles 10-6
#5- Detroit 11-5
#6- Giants 9-7

Giants at Saints
Lions at Eagles

Saints at 49ers
Eagles at Packers

princefielder28
10-31-2011, 04:07 PM
I'd say the Lions are our greatest threat because they have the offensive fire power to keep up...the Eagles being 2nd because Vick has always given the team issues, McCoy is one of the best backs in football, and their defense has the players in the secondary to match up with our weapons

San Francisco is playing good football but their secondary has too little talent to compete with our squad and Alex Smith is still their QB

SuperPacker
10-31-2011, 05:07 PM
So your free money is on the 49ers, if anyone.
They do run it well, which is critical for January football in Green Bay.

Playoff Forecast

#1- Packers
#2- 49ers
#3- Saints 11-5
#4- Eagles 10-6
#5- Detroit 11-5
#6- Giants 9-7

Giants at Saints
Lions at Eagles

Saints at 49ers
Eagles at Packers

Yeah i'd say thats pretty much spot on. Maybe swap the Giants for either the Buccs or the Falcons!

jackalope
10-31-2011, 05:20 PM
I would take New Orleans.

While I think Philadelphia will be a pretty good football team come January, they have an uphill battle to make the playoffs. If they don't win in New York week 11, they don't have a very realistic shot at winning the East. They're also behind four teams in the wildcard race, one of which (Atlanta) has the head-to-head against them. They definitely need to sustain their recent level of play to get into the playoffs.

BloodBrother
10-31-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm not buying the Niners. They sort of remind me of the 2010 Falcons. Sparkling record was due to beating up on weak/soft teams and then they got exposed in the playoffs. I think the same will happen to SF

Saints D won't stop the Pack but when Brees is on that offense can get into a shootout with GB. Eagles are another team but until they are actually IN the fold for the playoffs I'll worry about them. They are still 3 games back. They need to take advantage of these next 5-6 games here, as the Giants have just a brutal stretch coming up. OBviously need to win their head to head game @ New York as well

BloodBrother
10-31-2011, 11:43 PM
Oh and, RB Brandon Saine was added to the 53 man roster today. RB Alex Green was placed on IR(Can we get a freakin update on his exact injury already? Was it a torn ACL or what? HE's just listed as being done with a knee and is having surgery). S Anthony Levine was re-added to the practice squad, as well as some OG/C guy I never heard of. Cecil Newton(Cam's older brother) was cut from the Practice Squad

Saine is an excellent receiver out of the backfield, which will probably be the only thing we see from him on offense...if he even gets on the field for some plays.

J-Mike88
11-01-2011, 05:51 AM
Oh and, RB Brandon Saine was added to the 53 man roster today. RB Alex Green was placed on IR(Can we get a freakin update on his exact injury already? Was it a torn ACL or what? HE's just listed as being done with a knee and is having surgery). S Anthony Levine was re-added to the practice squad, as well as some OG/C guy I never heard of. Cecil Newton(Cam's older brother) was cut from the Practice Squad

Saine is an excellent receiver out of the backfield, which will probably be the only thing we see from him on offense...if he even gets on the field for some plays.
I was wondering where Levine had gone. That guy had the precious #34 jersey number in pre-season. That needs to be on a great player, not a guy like Levine.

cvv84
11-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Oh and, RB Brandon Saine was added to the 53 man roster today. RB Alex Green was placed on IR(Can we get a freakin update on his exact injury already? Was it a torn ACL or what?

Yeah he tore his ACL.

BloodBrother
11-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Figured, just wanted confirmation. They were secretive about it for a while. Sucks. Hopefully he'll be good to go next year, as Grant likely won't be back I don't think

SuperPacker
11-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Figured, just wanted confirmation. They were secretive about it for a while. Sucks. Hopefully he'll be good to go next year, as Grant likely won't be back I don't think

Yeah i wouldnt care to much if grant was gone. We could have Starks as the featured back then Green as the 3rd down back as hes good with his hands.

cvv84
11-04-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't see Grant going anywhere. For one he'll be 29 years old and have little value on the free agent market. Secondly what has Alex Green shown? With Starks injury history and Green coming off an injury at this point I don't see how we don't bring Grant back.

Also here's a link for Green tearing his ACL, just for a more in depth comfirmation:

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2011/11/01/green-expects-mental-hurdles/

TimmG6376
11-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Humble and hungry, Packers TE Andrew Quarless eager to carry the ball more (http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20111103/PKR01/111103162/Humble-hungry-TE-Quarless-eager-carry-ball-more?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE)

Anyone else read this? Best part is on the crack-back block he laid on Jared Allen that according to the article seems to have gotten into Jared's head a little bit.

J-Mike88
11-04-2011, 09:34 PM
I don't see Grant going anywhere. For one he'll be 29 years old and have little value on the free agent market. Secondly what has Alex Green shown? With Starks injury history and Green coming off an injury at this point I don't see how we don't bring Grant back.
Agreed.
People have been trying to write Grant off the team for 3 years.
Just like they were trying to write Wells off for the larger Spitz, and like they were trying to write off AJ Hawk as a "bust".

Scott Wells is playing like a Pro Bowler and Sports Illustrated's Peter King has him as his All-Pro center at midseason. That's better than the simple Pro Bowl.

princefielder28
11-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Pre-game radio in Green Bay speculated today that Chad Clifton is done...Drew Smith (WLUK, Fox 11) said the injury he's dealing with is far worse than we've been led on to and it wouldn't be worth his health to come back

jsa230
11-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Well that just sucks. At least newhouse looked better than he did against MN. I think I like him more at the rt spot, but he played a good game yesterday.

SuperPacker
11-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Derek Sherrod! Get the two tackles of the future playing together and we'll be set at OT for the next 10 years!

jackalope
11-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Derek Sherrod! Get the two tackles of the future playing together and we'll be set at OT for the next 10 years!

Certainly no reason to disrupt what we have going with Newhouse right now. Sherrod and Newhouse can battle it out next preseason, but Newhouse is playing very well at the moment.

J-Mike88
11-09-2011, 04:56 PM
CURRENT NFL PASSER RATING LEADERS
10 Tony Romo 92.2
9 Ryan Fitzpatrick 92.3
8 Matt Schuab 92.6
7 Ben Roethlisberger 94.1
6 Alex Smith 97.3
5 Eli Manning 98.8
4 Matthew Stafford 99.1
3 Tom Brady 100.0
2 Drew Brees 100.6
1 Aaron Rodgers 129.1

Eight points separate #'s 2-10.
Rodgers is 29 points above the #2 guy.
And only 3 of his 8 games so far have been at home. We only have 3 more road games.

NFL Career Passer Rating Leaders
Rank Player (age), + - HOFer, Bold - Active Rate Years

1. Aaron Rodgers (27) 102.7 2005-2011
2. Steve Young+ 96.8 1985-1999
3. Tom Brady (33) 95.5 2000-2011
4. Philip Rivers (29) 95.4 2004-2011
5. Tony Romo (30) 95.1 2004-2011
6. Peyton Manning (34) 94.9 1998-2011
7. Kurt Warner 93.7 1998-2009
8. Ben Roethlisberger (28) 92.6 2004-2011
9. Drew Brees (31) 92.4 2001-2011
10. Joe Montana+ 92.3 1979-1994
11. Matt Schaub (29) 91.7 2004-2011
12. Chad Pennington (34) 90.1 2000-2010
13. Daunte Culpepper 87.8 1999-2009
14. Jeff Garcia 87.5 1999-2009
15. Otto Graham+ 86.6 1946-1955
16. Dan Marino+ 86.4 1983-1999
17. Carson Palmer (31) 86.3 2004-2011
Matt Ryan (25) 86.3 2008-2011
19. Brett Favre 86.0 1991-2010
Trent Green 86.0 1997-2008

SuperPacker
11-10-2011, 10:38 AM
CURRENT NFL PASSER RATING LEADERS
10 Tony Romo 92.2
9 Ryan Fitzpatrick 92.3
8 Matt Schuab 92.6
7 Ben Roethlisberger 94.1
6 Alex Smith 97.3
5 Eli Manning 98.8
4 Matthew Stafford 99.1
3 Tom Brady 100.0
2 Drew Brees 100.6
1 Aaron Rodgers 129.1

Eight points separate #'s 2-10.
Rodgers is 29 points above the #2 guy.
And only 3 of his 8 games so far have been at home. We only have 3 more road games.

NFL Career Passer Rating Leaders
Rank Player (age), + - HOFer, Bold - Active Rate Years

1. Aaron Rodgers (27) 102.7 2005-2011
2. Steve Young+ 96.8 1985-1999
3. Tom Brady (33) 95.5 2000-2011
4. Philip Rivers (29) 95.4 2004-2011
5. Tony Romo (30) 95.1 2004-2011
6. Peyton Manning (34) 94.9 1998-2011
7. Kurt Warner 93.7 1998-2009
8. Ben Roethlisberger (28) 92.6 2004-2011
9. Drew Brees (31) 92.4 2001-2011
10. Joe Montana+ 92.3 1979-1994
11. Matt Schaub (29) 91.7 2004-2011
12. Chad Pennington (34) 90.1 2000-2010
13. Daunte Culpepper 87.8 1999-2009
14. Jeff Garcia 87.5 1999-2009
15. Otto Graham+ 86.6 1946-1955
16. Dan Marino+ 86.4 1983-1999
17. Carson Palmer (31) 86.3 2004-2011
Matt Ryan (25) 86.3 2008-2011
19. Brett Favre 86.0 1991-2010
Trent Green 86.0 1997-2008

According to QB Ratings Carson Palmer is a better QB than Brett Favre. I wouldnt pay too much attention to this.

princefielder28
11-10-2011, 10:54 AM
According to QB Ratings Carson Palmer is a better QB than Brett Favre. I wouldnt pay too much attention to this.

I'm not a big fan of passer rating either. If you watch the games, you know how the quarterback is performing and all the passer rating does, at best, is back that up...we've seen Aaron play studly football the first 8 games and we know how great he's been...plus look at where Montana, Graham, Marino and Favre sit on that list and that should raise some flags to how useful the stat really is

J-Mike88
11-10-2011, 02:55 PM
right, it's more accurate to compare one's stats to someone else playing at the same time.

again, the gap between #1 and #2 so far this year is astronomically astonishing!
the ball is only juiced for our guy.

J-Mike88
11-12-2011, 03:08 PM
The Packers Rock Anthem, just added to PackersInsider.

In case any of the 4 or 5 of you still haven't seen it yet, or are in the mood to see it again, it never gets old. Great stuff from our boy Lucas.

http://packersinsider.com/

Some other neat videos on site as well.

TimmG6376
11-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Lions laid an egg today. They aren't going anywhere unless they can play the rest of their games at home.

Watched most of the 49ers and Giants game. The 9ers front seven is good, but Eli exposed some holes in their secondary that I believe (if it comes down to it) Rodgers would be able to exploit.

Eagles...well they suck

Giants with their ability to generate pressure just 4 rushers are concerning but if the 49ers put up 27 on them, I'd expect 30+ from the Pack.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Lions laid an egg today. They aren't going anywhere unless they can play the rest of their games at home.

Watched most of the 49ers and Giants game. The 9ers front seven is good, but Eli exposed some holes in their secondary that I believe (if it comes down to it) Rodgers would be able to exploit.

Eagles...well they suck

Giants with their ability to generate pressure just 4 rushers are concerning but if the 49ers put up 27 on them, I'd expect 30+ from the Pack.

Basically we have an easy ride to the superbowl! ;)

TimmG6376
11-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Basically we have an easy ride to the superbowl! ;)

I don't know about easy. As many yards as they are giving up, if the offense has an off day who knows. I just hope Capers can get the defense playing half as well as they were playing end of last season.

What the Giants did show is that if you play zone, rush 4, and don't get pressure on Alex Smith he has enough weapons to make you pay. His decision-making is much improved this season, however, there were a couple of throws early that he tried to fit into tight windows and got away with it. After that he settled down. The 49ers also rely on playing a pretty conservative gameplan and keeping the game close with their defense. If Rodgers can build a lead and force them to put more on Smith's shoulders they can probably force a couple of turnovers.

jsa230
11-14-2011, 02:38 PM
The 49ers dont scare me as much as the bears, but I have a bunch of confidence in this team. I want to see another Bears Packers nfccg.

cvv84
11-14-2011, 04:17 PM
The only team that worries me is:

The Green Bay Packers

We're capable of beating any team but we need to clean things up, particularly on defense. I'm scared of any other team beating us because I firmly believe we'll lose when the offense doesn't show up.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 04:42 PM

The Green Bay Packers

We're capable of beating any team but we need to clean things up, particularly on defense. I'm scared of any other team beating us because I firmly believe we'll lose when the offense doesn't show up.

My biggest concern is not getting a ticket for the Superbowl. Lets face it we're already there.

J-Mike88
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
The Green Bay Packers
Agreed, well-said.
The other thing that worries me is the INJURY factor. Those cannot be controlled, but they can de-rail a season.

We had a ton last year, but not at the important positions.
(Well other than the 3 games Rodgers couldn't finish, which we lost each.... I count the loss to Washington, as well as Detroit and New England.)

Nick Collins is a tough loss for us. He was our glue back there.

Is anyone else besides me NOT taking for granted how healthy we have been at the critical WR position?

Look at Andre Johnson... out again, still. Roddy White was hurt, Julio Jones has missed some games. Marques Colston has... Miles Austin missing games again. So did Dez Bryant.

Jennings, Jordy, Jones, Driver, Cobb...... we've had great luck with the health of these guys.

cvv84
11-14-2011, 05:00 PM
My biggest concern is not getting a ticket for the Superbowl. Lets face it we're already there.

Uhh no, we are not even remotely there yet. We play 3 games in the next 10 days which is huge and is going to be hard to prepare for each individual opponent. The end of the huge is critical too seeing the Bears and Lions are right on our heels. There's still a chance we could lose out on the division title and even finish 3rd which would knock us out of the playoffs entirely.

So like I said this is going to be a critical 3 game stretch here and could have big implications on our potential postseason plans. Never assume anything.

jsa230
11-14-2011, 05:02 PM
cvv is such a debbie downer . .

however, he is right.

SuperPacker
11-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Uhh no, we are not even remotely there yet. We play 3 games in the next 10 days which is huge and is going to be hard to prepare for each individual opponent. The end of the huge is critical too seeing the Bears and Lions are right on our heels. There's still a chance we could lose out on the division title and even finish 3rd which would knock us out of the playoffs entirely.

So like I said this is going to be a critical 3 game stretch here and could have big implications on our potential postseason plans. Never assume anything.

Yeah i know you're right Oakland, New York, Chicago and Detroit are all loseable games but i see no reason to not think we're going to the superbowl :)

cvv84
11-14-2011, 05:19 PM
cvv is such a debbie downer . .

however, he is right.

Just being realistic. I said it last year too where I felt we could've beaten every team we've played. We're doing it this year and STILL not playing up to our potential IMO. At some point they need a wakeup call and I'm just hoping it isn't going to be too late, i.e. missing the playoffs or losing in the playoffs.

BloodBrother
11-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Win today and beat Detroit and they'll be sitting pretty as far as winning the division goes

that Week 16 game against Chicago @ Lambeau is going to be huge. Could perhaps affect the Packers seeding and maybe it could knock the Bears out of the playoffs if the Pack win

cvv84
11-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Johnny Jolly's addiction story to be on OTL, here's a glimpse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9LX7Uo0B50&feature=youtu.be

ImBrotherCain
11-15-2011, 12:44 PM
If anyone wants to Co-GM in the forum mock I am up for it.

SuperPacker
11-15-2011, 03:14 PM

What do you mean?

ImBrotherCain
11-15-2011, 03:18 PM
What do you mean?

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49529

BloodBrother
11-16-2011, 01:40 PM
McCarthy presser going on now

Bishop and Lang missed practice today but both were non-injury related. Bishop tweeted that his grandmother passed away today so that was most likely the reason for his absence.

Ryan Grant had a knee laceration and received stitches. Should be good to go on Sunday, though

more importantly, McCarthy said Mike Neal has a chance to play Sunday.

Also, during yesterdays presser, McCarthy said that Clifton returning for the Giants game was a realistic timetable. At the very least, looks like he'll definitely be able to return this season

TimmG6376
11-16-2011, 01:42 PM
McCarthy presser going on now

Bishop and Lang missed practice today but both were non-injury related. Bishop tweeted that his grandmother passed away today so that was most likely the reason for his absence.

Ryan Grant had a knee laceration and received stitches. Should be good to go on Sunday, though

more importantly, McCarthy said Mike Neal has a chance to play Sunday.

Also, during yesterdays presser, McCarthy said that Clifton returning for the Giants game was a realistic timetable. At the very least, looks like he'll definitely be able to return this season

I hope they don't rush Neal for this game. They should be able to handle this Bucs team without him. It is more important to have him for the later division games and playoffs.

BloodBrother
11-16-2011, 01:49 PM
I agree with that. Surprised to even hear that he might go sunday. Figured he'd need to practice a few weeks just to get his conditioning right and what not

if he is active, I doubt we see him play more than....maybe a handful of snaps on obvious passing downs(3rd and long or what not)

cvv84
11-16-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't know I'd want Clifton back for the Giants game. With all the time he's missed and to come back against those pass rushers... Might be better off sticking with Newhouse from here on out.

TimmG6376
11-16-2011, 02:32 PM
I don't know I'd want Clifton back for the Giants game. With all the time he's missed and to come back against those pass rushers... Might be better off sticking with Newhouse from here on out.

That is a tougher call. Newhouse really struggled with the stunts and twists the Vikings threw at him. Maybe he'll learn from that. He better because I guarantee you that upcoming opponents are going to see that on film and test him again. That is where Clifton's experience would help.

BloodBrother
11-16-2011, 02:35 PM
at the very least it will give them options going into that game. If Newhouse gets the start and struggles, perhaps they can bring Clifton in and see what happens

cvv84
11-16-2011, 04:40 PM
That is a tougher call. Newhouse really struggled with the stunts and twists the Vikings threw at him. Maybe he'll learn from that. He better because I guarantee you that upcoming opponents are going to see that on film and test him again. That is where Clifton's experience would help.

Experience or not I'd rather start a guy who's been playing the past 6 weeks over a guy playing in his 1st game back from injury. Newhouse has 4 starts under his belt and has held his own. Shaky? At time but no different than Clifton at this point in his career IMO.

jackalope
11-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Keep Newhouse in unless he really starts to struggle. Having Clifton healthy gives us a comforting fallback option, but no reason to change what we have at the moment.

BloodBrother
11-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Anybody see that Outside the Lines story on Johnny Jolly? Sad story. Looks like he may be finally turning things around and is coming clean. He is eligible for re-instatement sometime later this month. He and his agent said the Packers have told him that they would welcome him back when he is re-instated.

Guy said he watched the SB in a hotel room by himself, drunk. Said it was hard to watch his team and that it was hard NOT to watch his team. His mom was a drug addict and he also had to deal with the murder of his god-sister

In any case, maybe he gets re-instated, maybe not. If the Pack take him back, there is a chance he could potentially do some things come playoff time. Veeeery doubtful IMO, especially since he looked nowhere near football shape in that vid(looks a good 30 lbs heavier), but who knows.

BloodBrother
11-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Also, Neal said today he feels more than ready to play(players always do this though) but Packers beat writers are speculating that they feel that he WILL play this sunday

still say they should hold him out until the game against Detroit. Both teams will be playing on very short rest. Add in a healthy and rested Neal and he could cause some havoc to that Detroit OL

TimmG6376
11-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Saw that too. If he and the doctors feel he is ready then sure give him a handful of snaps. He needs to start getting up to game speed, but I hope they are patient.

TimmG6376
11-16-2011, 06:25 PM
I only read the abbreviated article I didn't see the OTL episode. Guy needs to focus on recovery right now. I don't see reinstatement this season as a reality. If he can get his stuff together maybe he can convince Goodell to give him a chance next season.

J-Mike88
11-16-2011, 06:37 PM
If Mike Neal is healthy enough to play this week, then I want them to hold him out for the game, and hold him out for the Lions game on turf.

If he can make it 2 weeks thru practice without re-injurying himself somehow, then let's roll him out in New York.

Guys, do you realize how privileged, fortunate we are, as Packer fans, to be able to have a ride like this?????

I'm +repping each of you who do!
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

J-Mike88
11-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Rodgers Game Stat:

28/42
423 Yards
10.1 per attempt
4 TDs
1 Int
1 TD rush
121.3 passer rating

This would represent a "subpar" game for Rodgers this year as his passer rating is higher than that is.

Also:

Jennings 8-130 & a TD
J-Mike 6-159 yards
Jones 3-50 & a TD
Driver 4-43 yards
Jordyz 1 TD catch

Grant 11 carries, 64 yards........

Unstoppable offense.
But we lost that game.

TimmG6376
11-17-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm hoping that they will stick with the style of D they used against the Vikings.

I liked that Capers basically said "if you want to be more aggressive stop ***** up in the secondary". I'm paraphrasing obviously, but the players seemed to respond to it.

Hawk
11-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Jolly sentenced to 6 years in prison for violating his probation per Schefter on Twitter

Hawk
11-17-2011, 01:48 PM
also everyone should read this before comparing Rodgers and Favre

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/134041253.html

RockJock07
11-17-2011, 02:00 PM
also everyone should read this before comparing Rodgers and Favre

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/134041253.html

This article sucked IMO. Anyone cherry picking stats can make one player vs another look bad or amazing. I'd prefer to wait to see who ends up with more super bowls, that's really the main thing that matter.

Rodgers may never get to the numbers of Farve but if he wins out in Super Bowls and still has good but not great numbers then we can begin the discussion of who was better.

BloodBrother
11-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Jolly sentenced to 6 years in prison for violating his probation per Schefter on Twitter

Eligible for parole in 14 months. Either way, by then he'd be pushing 30 and even more out of shape. His career is obviously done

hope that he can stay clean and turn things around from here, though

Hawk
11-17-2011, 03:03 PM
This article sucked IMO. Anyone cherry picking stats can make one player vs another look bad or amazing. I'd prefer to wait to see who ends up with more super bowls, that's really the main thing that matter.

Rodgers may never get to the numbers of Farve but if he wins out in Super Bowls and still has good but not great numbers then we can begin the discussion of who was better.

Rodgers numbers are great. Favres are great too. The article is just for people that are saying rodgers now is better than favre ever was. Rodgers is awesome and arguably the best in the league. But favre was that too once upon a time

J-Mike88
11-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Rodgers numbers are great. Favres are great too. The article is just for people that are saying rodgers now is better than favre ever was. Rodgers is awesome and arguably the best in the league. But favre was that too once upon a timeESPN, former coaches, former players, great players, have been discussing whether the body of work Rodgers has put out the past year+ has been the best they've ever seen. Period. Total NFL.

So anyone has a right to believe that Rodgers is better now than Farve ever was, clearly.

Nobody will last as long as Farve did... that was his greatest strength: durability.

It wasn't winning.

BloodBrother
11-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Winning more than 1 SB, you mean. He won plenty of games while here though. Without checking, I'm pretty sure he only had 1 losing season(anything under a .500 record) which was in 2005

Favre was great here, and was ridiculous during his 3 straight MVP years. Sucks that he had to go all douchey at the end and that his ego grew a million sizes too big

TimmG6376
11-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Sleeper?

Packers' Saine could see more time (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-saine-could-see-more-time-er33hsd-134097443.html)

BloodBrother
11-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Could see them use him more in the screen game come december since the colder weather will have an effect on their vertical game

TimmG6376
11-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Maybe he'll eventually take some third-down plays from Starks. Starks is big and fast and probably our best overall RB, but he still has some dangerous lapses in pass protection. The coaches are praising that part of Saine's game so if he can help keep Rodgers off his back I welcome it.

BloodBrother
11-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Mike Neal officially listed as questionable for the game this Sunday. See how he feels tomorrow and if he responds well he could be good to go

cvv84
11-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Maybe he'll eventually take some third-down plays from Starks. Starks is big and fast and probably our best overall RB, but he still has some dangerous lapses in pass protection. The coaches are praising that part of Saine's game so if he can help keep Rodgers off his back I welcome it.

They praised Green as well and he got little to no playing time. I expect the same for Saine. I haven't seen Starks being liability as a blocker this year either. More so I think his 3rd down capabilities have been far better than expected and his ability as a receiver just makes him much more useful IMO.

Mike Neal officially listed as questionable for the game this Sunday. See how he feels tomorrow and if he responds well he could be good to go

If he's good to go I'd love to get him some snaps before Detroit.

TimmG6376
11-18-2011, 03:00 PM
They praised Green as well and he got little to no playing time. I expect the same for Saine. I haven't seen Starks being liability as a blocker this year either. More so I think his 3rd down capabilities have been far better than expected and his ability as a receiver just makes him much more useful IMO.

There was a play vs the Vikings where Starks was staring at Bulaga blocking Robison while a defender came free up the middle. By the time he realized what was going on it was too late for him to recover. That is one that stands out to me at the moment. I wouldn't say they are frequent, but it only takes once.

J-Mike88
11-18-2011, 04:38 PM
The biggest worry I have with this team now is Rodgers health (which is always a given), but he's taken too many hits lately. I don't mind him running if it's wide open with the defense focusing in on Finley and the receivers.

But I don't want him holding the ball in the pocket and absorbing sacks. I have tons of photos of him the past few weeks getting sacked, or just tackled, and we have to limit that. On any tackle, he could easily get his ankle, knee bent the wrong way and all of a sudden the dream is over.

I love his stats, but I'd rather have a bunch more incomplete passes on his chart instead of a sack -4 yards or even a run +2 yards. It only takes one wrong (or cheap: see Delmas, Suh) hit for him to get hurt. Might as well cut down on those hits in every way possible.

The OL can do their part (RBs, TE as well), but he also has to do his part.

Now I don't want him forcing passes to still-covered guys to avoid a sack, like #4 often did. Just throw it into the ground or out of bounds before that guy hits him who wants to hurt him.

SuperPacker
11-18-2011, 05:55 PM
The biggest worry I have with this team now is Rodgers health (which is always a given), but he's taken too many hits lately. I don't mind him running if it's wide open with the defense focusing in on Finley and the receivers.

But I don't want him holding the ball in the pocket and absorbing sacks. I have tons of photos of him the past few weeks getting sacked, or just tackled, and we have to limit that. On any tackle, he could easily get his ankle, knee bent the wrong way and all of a sudden the dream is over.

I love his stats, but I'd rather have a bunch more incomplete passes on his chart instead of a sack -4 yards or even a run +2 yards. It only takes one wrong (or cheap: see Delmas, Suh) hit for him to get hurt. Might as well cut down on those hits in every way possible.

The OL can do their part (RBs, TE as well), but he also has to do his part.

Now I don't want him forcing passes to still-covered guys to avoid a sack, like #4 often did. Just throw it into the ground or out of bounds before that guy hits him who wants to hurt him.

Unfortunatley Aaron isn't that sort of guy, hes never going to throw it away when he sees the oppourtunity to make a big play but you cant really blame him. He still plays with that chip on his shoulder that makes you think hea not gonna stop until hes the best QB to ever play the game!

ImBrotherCain
11-19-2011, 10:40 AM

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49529

Alright guys figured I would give you a heads up on how it went down. I am interested to see what you think how I drafted for us as well.

When we came up on the clock I made this trade:
Jags get: Pack get:
# 32 | # 39
# 96 | # 70

I felt I had time to get the players I wanted. So at pick 39 I picked Linebacker Vinny Curry. He was one of my top choices coming into the draft and after being reassured by Prince I took him.

I then decided to guarenttee filling another major position of need I traded up:
Eagles get: Pack Get:
Pick 64 | Pick 43
Pick 70 | Eagles 5th Round pick

Using our newly acquired pick at #43 I picked up Jared Crick Defensive End Nebraska. I understand he will be coming of an injury but the guy was a 1st round prospect coming into the season and should rebound nicely.

So guys thoughts?

TimmG6376
11-19-2011, 11:21 AM
At this point in the process I like Curry especially since you were able to pick up extra picks and still get him. Not sure I like the trade up for Crick. I like Crick but as it fell it appears you could have stayed put and gotten Billy Winn and another player.

EDIT: Should have said extra 3rd round pick. And with that pick I like Doug Martin. I know RB is a bit of a luxury pick, but I think a combo of Starks and Martin would be really good for a long time.

BloodBrother
11-19-2011, 12:30 PM
I like Crick and he's on my radar. Good to see another pack fan is thinking the same way

I think we see GB go Dline with their first pick as there will likely be multiple Dlineman available at 32. Figure that's the route they'll go

BloodBrother
11-19-2011, 12:31 PM
At this point in the process I like Curry especially since you were able to pick up extra picks and still get him. Not sure I like the trade up for Crick. I like Crick but as it fell it appears you could have stayed put and gotten Billy Winn and another player.

EDIT: Should have said extra 3rd round pick. And with that pick I like Doug Martin. I know RB is a bit of a luxury pick, but I think a combo of Starks and Martin would be really good for a long time.

Haha I'd love if they got Martin only for the fact that I went to high school with that guy.

TimmG6376
11-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Haha I'd love if they got Martin only for the fact that I went to high school with that guy.

I just think that with all the runs McCarthy likes to call from the shotgun he would be a great fit. Enough speed, short area quickness, and while he is short he is solidly built and doesn't necessarily go down easy.

BloodBrother
11-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Oh I like his game to...but I don't think GB will go with a RB in next year's draft. Grant may or may not still b here(I personally think he'll be gone) and they'll have Starks/Green and perhaps Saine?

DE, OLB, S, CB, OL are areas I think we'll see them address mostly

at the time of the draft, the Packers and Collins still won't know whether his career is over or not, but GB will have to add another S anyway as they have now gone 2 straight years with losing a starter. DE and OLB go without saying. I also want to see them draft an interior OL as they lack depth there and Wells is an upcoming FA(although I see the Pack re-signing him). Still, he's going to be 31 and it would be nice to draft another C who can take the reigns eventually

TimmG6376
11-19-2011, 02:29 PM
I agree on the needs. RB is definitely not one of them. TT always throws at least one curveball out there though.

princefielder28
11-19-2011, 02:39 PM
I agree on the needs. RB is definitely not one of them. TT always throws at least one curveball out there though.

If TT would go with a RB in this upcoming draft I would have to think it'd be for a guy like LaMichael James, someone who is more of a home run hitter and change of pace guy (like Sproles in New Orleans).

BloodBrother
11-19-2011, 08:29 PM
So apparently McCarthy said that the team will start to monitor the # of snaps for Raji. Said he has played too much(he's played 88% of their snaps so far this year). They already started this by having Green play a bit more this past monday

I'm OK with this, as Raji played 85% of defensive snaps last year. Dude's been really overworked the past 2 seasons

link - http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Packers-planning-to-rest-BJ-Raji-more-down-stretch.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

BloodBrother
11-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Mike Neal is active

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgz3d7tx3d1qf5m9vo1_250.gif

TitleTown088
11-20-2011, 11:19 AM
IF anyone has a good link for this game I would very much appreciate it.

the new jesus
11-20-2011, 11:56 AM
IF anyone has a good link for this game I would very much appreciate it.

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/93454/1/watch-tampa-bay-buccaneers-vs-green-bay-packers.html

Love,
-The God.

BloodBrother
11-20-2011, 01:55 PM
The OL is regressing as the year goes on. Not good. Rodgers is taking too many hits

looked a little shaken up after that last one to. Ugh. Sack up already, OL

BloodBrother
11-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Well, looks like last monday was an anomaly. D looks soft again today. Another week, another opponent going for over 400 total yards on this D

princefielder28
11-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Well, looks like last monday was an anomaly. D looks soft again today. Another week, another opponent going for over 400 total yards on this D

tackling has been awful

BloodBrother
11-20-2011, 03:08 PM
that's an understatement. So often you'll see the DB's going high at Blount picking at the ball. FFS wrap his legs up already

As usual, TE's just running free over the middle for easy completions. Hopefully Detroit used up all their ammo in today's game and will be firing blanks no Thursday

Packers go banged up pretty good today. Bishop looked shaken up, Bulaga, Clay had a stinger looks like, Jennings got hit in th eknee on a freakin wr screen on the last play at the half(totally pointless play)...and unfortuantely Starks got twisted pretty badly

I hope he's not done for the year or the run game will go from mediocre to crap

Update: Starks carted to locker room in passenger seat which means its not a knee that ails him

BloodBrother
11-20-2011, 03:58 PM
McCarthy said Starks has a knee sprain and will get more tests later this week

so...he has a torn ACL

TimmG6376
11-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Almost lost Finley and Jennings at the end of the first half. I don't understand why they were running plays with 20 secs left when they were getting the ball back at the start of the 2nd half.

Rodgers needs to recognize his value to this team. Lowering his shoulder at the goal line was so ***** stupid. He didn't appear to take a bad shot but you never know what can happen. I could be crazy but he seemed a bit off after that.

Defense was greedy early on, going for the TO instead of just making the play that was in front of them.

Run defense settled down after that big run by Blount, but too many wide open receivers.

BloodBrother
11-20-2011, 05:48 PM
For the record, finley said that Starks was walking around in the locker room and smiling...said he seemed fine

Didn't really like some of the playcalling today. That WR screen with like...10 seconds left in the 2nd was so pointless and just let to Jennings taking a shot to his legs

then, after Cobb returned it to the Bucs 45 in the 4th with about 5 minutes to go...up 9, they decide to pass on 1st down? At the very least, pass it downfield so if it is picked off it's like a punt. Tried another short pass

just a sloppy game for the Packers all around and they are lucky they got the win. Any excitement I had about the D went out the window again this week with this performance. So much for building off that MNF game.

cvv84
11-20-2011, 08:19 PM
I was at the game today and came away unimpressed yet again.

Our secondary just can't see to get things straight. Somebody always seems to run free and make play. Alot of it is just simple stuff too, crossing routes, checkdowns, and "pick" plays.

I have to say I think the biggest difference is that we just simply aren't getting the pass rush that we've had in previous years. Guys can only cover for so long before being exposed. This game it seemed like we didn't move Matthews around and basically just did vanilla schemes as opposed to Monday night.

Say what you want about the offensive line too, I think those guys have played well considering they're missing Clifton out there. Newhouse has held his own and Bulaga has anchored the right side. However I think whats killing our protection is our unwillingness to run the football. We ran the shotgun A TON today and even after Cobb had a huge punt return late in the 4th quarter while we had the lead McCarthy still chose to keep passing which led to Rodgers INT. At some point you need to have faith in your run game. I don't see why Starks doesn't get the ball 15-18 times a game. Yes we have a QB playing phenominally but look what happened when he was off today. A better team could've capitalized and beaten us.

Yeah we won and when it mattered we came through, however we gave up 450 yards to a team struggling offensively! It just dumbfounds me and I'm really starting to question Capers and how he's utilizing the guys we have. How we just fall to bottom in defense after 1 season is shocking - especially considering we only lost 2 players - 1 of which was on IR!

Time to panic? Hardly. However at this point I expected to see corrections and adjustments to our defense and just simply hasn't happened. It just reminds me of the Superbowl against the Broncos where we came out like "we've been here before" and got walked all over.

J-Mike88
11-20-2011, 08:59 PM
I was at the game today and came away unimpressed yet again.

Our secondary just can't see to get things straight. Somebody always seems to run free and make play. Alot of it is just simple stuff too, crossing routes, checkdowns, and "pick" plays.

I have to say I think the biggest difference is that we just simply aren't getting the pass rush that we've had in previous years. Guys can only cover for so long before being exposed. This game it seemed like we didn't move Matthews around and basically just did vanilla schemes as opposed to Monday night.

Say what you want about the offensive line too, I think those guys have played well considering they're missing Clifton out there. Newhouse has held his own and Bulaga has anchored the right side. However I think whats killing our protection is our unwillingness to run the football. We ran the shotgun A TON today and even after Cobb had a huge punt return late in the 4th quarter while we had the lead McCarthy still chose to keep passing which led to Rodgers INT. At some point you need to have faith in your run game. I don't see why Starks doesn't get the ball 15-18 times a game. Yes we have a QB playing phenominally but look what happened when he was off today. A better team could've capitalized and beaten us.

Yeah we won and when it mattered we came through, however we gave up 450 yards to a team struggling offensively! It just dumbfounds me and I'm really starting to question Capers and how he's utilizing the guys we have. How we just fall to bottom in defense after 1 season is shocking - especially considering we only lost 2 players - 1 of which was on IR!

Time to panic? Hardly. However at this point I expected to see corrections and adjustments to our defense and just simply hasn't happened. It just reminds me of the Superbowl against the Broncos where we came out like "we've been here before" and got walked all over.

Good stuff cvv. I see it all the same way there...... I have a bad feeling that when we do lose, and it may be this week in Detroit, it will be a lot like that loss in 2008 at New Orleans on MNF. I expect someone like Stafford, or even Eli who is struggling early tonight, to carve us up.

Hell, Rivers, Freeman, Newton all carved us up much of the games.

The OL is regressing as the year goes on. Not good. Rodgers is taking too many hits

looked a little shaken up after that last one to. Ugh. Sack up already, OL
I really worry about Rodgers in Detroit.
We all know they (luck involved) knocked him in the head and out of the game there last year.

But their DL is mean, nasty, and dirty. Avril is dirty, so is Suh.
I have a bad feeling about this game Thursday.

People wonder where the pass rush on the DL has gone too, or our whole defense for that matter.... if anyone has watched the first half of this Eagles-Giants game, you've seen what/who we're really missing. I think we miss Cullen more than Collins.

CheeseKnuckles
11-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Responding to the thought on Capers, I have to agree. I am really starting to question his game planning. I am really sick of watching us sit in zone coverage with WRs running their routes free without anybody pressuring them. Can we please let our CBs do what they do best and play some press coverage???

This is part of the reason we have WRs and TEs running free all the time. If I were MM I would be having a sit down with Capers, I've heard the players come out and take accountability for what has been happening, but I haven't heard much from him. I've kept myself pretty composed every week telling myself it will get better, but I am starting to lose hope.

BloodBrother
11-21-2011, 04:17 AM
Yep. Sick of this soft zone crap

anything 10-15 yards downfield is there with not a defender in sight. It's pitch and catch for them

the LBers are just hooooorrible in coverage and the lack of pass rush really exposes them in this area.

J-Mike88
11-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Yeah our ILBers are terrible at coverage. Brandon Chillar wasn't perfect, but he was much better in this area.

I don't blame Capers at all. There are only so many ways he can blitz.
He's done em all already.... teams have seen em all.

What he needs is out of his control. He needs someone on the DL who can beat double teams occasionally and pressure QBs.

And he had that guy last year.

Any of you watch the MNF game last night, you saw him tormenting Eli Manning. That's not Capers fault. That one is on Ted apparently. A lot of you guys called it right away when you saw the relatively small contract he got from the Eagles, thought we could have absorbed that.

Tough to question Teddy these days, but nobody is perfect. It would appear that it might be one of his rare mistakes.
But then again, we're 10-0 for the 3rd time ever and the first 2, we won NFL championship.

Sadly, one of those two times, we then went to Detroit and got throttled for our first loss.
I fear this will happen again this Thursday and make Thanksgiving turkey taste like s*** afterwards.
But as long as we follow suit in the post-season like those other 2 seasons, we'll take it.

BloodBrother
11-21-2011, 06:07 AM
Thanksgiving turkey will never taste like sh*t!...but a Pack loss would ruin the day

CheeseKnuckles
11-21-2011, 08:04 AM
A day, try a week.

jackalope
11-21-2011, 12:17 PM
We didn't resign Cullen because it didn't look like a good long-term investment; so to evaluate whether it was the right move in the first year of the contract doesn't make a lot of sense.

TimmG6376
11-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Yeah our ILBers are terrible at coverage. Brandon Chillar wasn't perfect, but he was much better in this area.

I don't blame Capers at all. There are only so many ways he can blitz.
He's done em all already.... teams have seen em all.

What he needs is out of his control. He needs someone on the DL who can beat double teams occasionally and pressure QBs.

And he had that guy last year.

Any of you watch the MNF game last night, you saw him tormenting Eli Manning. That's not Capers fault. That one is on Ted apparently. A lot of you guys called it right away when you saw the relatively small contract he got from the Eagles, thought we could have absorbed that.

Tough to question Teddy these days, but nobody is perfect. It would appear that it might be one of his rare mistakes.
But then again, we're 10-0 for the 3rd time ever and the first 2, we won NFL championship.

Sadly, one of those two times, we then went to Detroit and got throttled for our first loss.
I fear this will happen again this Thursday and make Thanksgiving turkey taste like s*** afterwards.
But as long as we follow suit in the post-season like those other 2 seasons, we'll take it.

I've said it before, but Cullen settled for that deal. He thought he could get more on the open market, but once he got out there he found otherwise. I think TT maybe makes that deal he got from Philly, but by the time Cullen realized that was what he was going to get there was no going back.

BloodBrother
11-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Excellent news regarding Starks. Tested out well, going to see if he can practice tomorrow. It's a knee and ankle injury/sprain/bruise or whatever(Mike just said knee sprain). He spoke to James prior to his presser and James said he feels like it's just usual soreness the day after a game. McCarthy isn't ruling him out for thursday, but said if he does play it would likely be in limited role

Jennings has a knee bruise...not worried about it all and is good to go

no other injuries of note

princefielder28
11-21-2011, 03:44 PM
I feel we should just sit Starks and let him heal up as much as possible...he's far more important to our success moving forward than the game on Thursday

TimmG6376
11-21-2011, 04:18 PM

That is what is baffling me. On MNF he came out with the scheme we all want to see. They dominated the Vikings as they should have giving the current state of both teams. Then he comes back to the soft zone coverage and basically having Clay rush from the left side/or drop in coverage. It is becoming apparent to everyone what works and what doesn't. I know he doesn't want to be too obvious, but to stick with these zone defenses that are just hemorrhaging yards doesn't make sense.

I was also getting pissed watching guys continuously go for the strip instead of just making the tackle. I'm all for creating turnovers but you have to secure the tackle first.

TimmG6376
11-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I feel we should just sit Starks and let him heal up as much as possible...he's far more important to our success moving forward than the game on Thursday

If he is limited at all, you think we see a little of what Saine can do?

princefielder28
11-21-2011, 04:36 PM
If he is limited at all, you think we see a little of what Saine can do?

unless we have a big lead or another back gets hurt i doubt we see Saine in the game...Grant will get the majority of the carries (obviously) and I see Kuhn getting quite a few reps on third down, especially to pick up the interior pressure that the Lions can provide

cvv84
11-21-2011, 05:31 PM
That is what is baffling me. On MNF he came out with the scheme we all want to see. They dominated the Vikings as they should have giving the current state of both teams. Then he comes back to the soft zone coverage and basically having Clay rush from the left side/or drop in coverage. It is becoming apparent to everyone what works and what doesn't. I know he doesn't want to be too obvious, but to stick with these zone defenses that are just hemorrhaging yards doesn't make sense.

I was also getting pissed watching guys continuously go for the strip instead of just making the tackle. I'm all for creating turnovers but you have to secure the tackle first.

Thats why I respect the Bears defense, those guys gang tackle everybody. And while 2 guys are making the tackle another guy comes and tries to rip the ball away.

We didn't resign Cullen because it didn't look like a good long-term investment; so to evaluate whether it was the right move in the first year of the contract doesn't make a lot of sense.

And to point it into comparison, who would you rather have right now James Jones or Cullen Jenkins?

Responding to the thought on Capers, I have to agree. I am really starting to question his game planning. I am really sick of watching us sit in zone coverage with WRs running their routes free without anybody pressuring them. Can we please let our CBs do what they do best and play some press coverage???

This is part of the reason we have WRs and TEs running free all the time. If I were MM I would be having a sit down with Capers, I've heard the players come out and take accountability for what has been happening, but I haven't heard much from him. I've kept myself pretty composed every week telling myself it will get better, but I am starting to lose hope.

Last week Woodson was openly saying that we needed to move Matthews around to generate pressure, and we did that against Minnesota. This week I was just baffeled at how Capers reverted to the same old vanilla tatics.

I just don't get it... Last week we were getting pressure all over that was without alot of pressure from our defensive line. I'm starting to think that Capers still believes that Jenkins is on our team.

ImBrotherCain
11-21-2011, 05:51 PM
And to point it into comparison, who would you rather have right now James Jones or Cullen Jenkins?

Oh I would take Cullen in a heart beat... I was seriously disappointed we didn't resign him this off season. I know he has had some what of an injury history but the man played possessed when he did play.

I could get some flack for it but I think he was our best DLinemen last season. Yea Raji was great but look what happens when you put sub par guys around him he gets neutralized.

BloodBrother
11-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Thought I read a few weeks ago somewhere that Capers teams start to get worse defensively after the first few years

IDK what is going on, maybe he's trying to save some stuff for the playoffs? I mean, the D is still creating a lot of turnovers and up to this point they are getting the stops when they need to most...but giving up all these huge chunks of yards and basically leaving the middle of the field open all the damn time is just playing with fire. The bad tackling gets a lot of the blame...just something this team is better at and yet they aren't wrapping guys up properly

Shields also has been too up and down this year. Started the year pretty meh, then got back into a groove until he idiotically tried to run the ball out of the end zone which exposed him to a big hit that lead to a concussion. Ever since he returned he's regressed again. His horrible tackling in the secondary is like shades of Darren Sharper. Dude straight up ran past Blount on his TD

The red zone D has been good, they are still doing good in important categories as far as opponents passer rating, completiong %, passed defensed etc... so we know the secondary is still fine. They need to ramp up the pressure AND fix the damn tackling

both can be done, but with each game going by they are losing time. Can't roll into the postseason with defense like this unless the O is guaranteed to put up 30+ points...which they have so far this year

J-Mike88
11-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Oh I would take Cullen in a heart beat... I was seriously disappointed we didn't resign him this off season. I know he has had some what of an injury history but the man played possessed when he did play.

I could get some flack for it but I think he was our best DLinemen last season. Yea Raji was great but look what happens when you put sub par guys around him he gets neutralized.
Oh you woj't get any flack for it. There's no denying that.
Even missing a few games last year, I believe Cullen led all interior linemen in sacks last year.
Just watching him Sunday night was a reminder.

As far as it being a "long term investment" or not that decides if the move was good or bad, let's see how this season plays out first.
I don't think anyone would trade a Super Bowl this season for a better chance at one in 2 or 3 years.

With Rodgers and this offense, we should have a chance to contend for at least another half-decade.

I believe we will need Neal to step up to make that Jenkins deal look okay.
Neal does have it in him. He's got the ability to get to the Jenkins level. Not sure if he has the dur-ability or not. And not sure how long it will take him to develop to that level. Remember, Cullen was an undrafted guy out of one of the smaller Michigan schools. He wasn't great right away.

SuperPacker
11-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Thought I read a few weeks ago somewhere that Capers teams start to get worse defensively after the first few years

Its probably because he does so well in his first years the GMs think they dont have to upgrade the defense or keep the best players, so they get rid of them trying to save money but it backfires when Capers has no players that can get to the quarterback.

No one on the deensive line can get to the quarterback and Clay Matthews is the only linebacker that can. Ovbiously we can send loads of guys but that leaves the secondary in trouble.

Everyone is so quick to blame Dom Capers, but its hard to do the job when the players are crap!

Matthews - Class
Raji - Good
Pickett - Average
Wynn - Below Average
Walden - Below Average

J-Mike88
11-22-2011, 05:09 PM
We need CJ Wilson to learn how to get to the QB again.... in college, he was good at that. He needs to learn how to get the QB now, starting with Stafford.

SuperPacker
11-22-2011, 05:19 PM
We need CJ Wilson to learn how to get to the QB again.... in college, he was good at that. He needs to learn how to get the QB now, starting with Stafford.

we shouldnt be having to rely on 7th round draft picks that only have a year of experience, to get to the QB though.

princefielder28
11-22-2011, 07:52 PM

Wilson was good as an edge guy in an even front at East Carolina and now he's forced to be more of an interior penetrator (haha that's what she said)

J-Mike88
11-22-2011, 11:04 PM
we shouldnt be having to rely on 7th round draft picks that only have a year of experience, to get to the QB though.
True.... but remember Cullen wasn't even drafted in any round.
It did take him some time..... isn't this CJ's second season though?
I like the guy.... I suspect he'd do better in a 4-3 as far as getting to QBs.
But I'll defer to Prince above who apparently actually watched Wilson in college?
I didn't.

BloodBrother
11-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Erik Walden was arrested this morning on suspicion of assaulting his live-in girlfriend. Will be held until at least monday

felony charge no less

way to go dumbass. Chris Cook would be proud. Don't think we'll be seeing Walden in GB after this season. TURD. This will be quite a distraction during the week to. Media will be all over this and hounding the team regarding it

BloodBrother
11-25-2011, 02:15 PM
and in injury news

Starks was fine, they just took him out when it was 21-0 to rest up and to see what SAine could do

Bishop/Hawk both have calf strains, but should have a chance to play

Sitton will be "hard-pressed" to play against the Giants. Has battled a knee issue all year(which probably explains why he hasn't been as good this year). McCarthy did say that Sitton WILL return this season...so perhaps we are looking at a few games missed here?

ImBrotherCain
11-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Erik Walden was arrested this morning on suspicion of assaulting his live-in girlfriend. Will be held until at least monday

felony charge no less

way to go dumbass. Chris Cook would be proud. Don't think we'll be seeing Walden in GB after this season. TURD. This will be quite a distraction during the week to. Media will be all over this and hounding the team regarding it

Things go from pretty terrible to down right atrocious.

J-Mike88
11-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Dumbfuqer Walden.
Maybe the girl provoked him or really wasn't injured at all.... the police report indicated no visible injuries, I read.
Sometimes, the women are the ones who go after the men.... it's not easy to not react sometimes.

Anyway, it looks bad, and he's dumb for letting it get this far.
He wasn't Matthews, but he was playing pretty well lately, and with Zombo being hurt constantly, and Brad Jones being nothing more than a body, this hurts.

However, next man up: Jamarri Lattimore.

SuperPacker
11-26-2011, 06:11 AM
As Tramon Williams would say, "guys go down, guys step in".

J-Mike88
11-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Marshall Newhouse, except for occasional problems against Jared Allen, has been solid. Newhouse’s performance against Detroit’s Kyle Vanden Bosch was his best yet.

According to Pro Football Focus, Newhouse didn’t allow a quarterback hit, pressure or sack on 64 snaps. He could become a fixture at LT. The White Wall no more.

From Bob McGinn on the Packers report card vs Detroit:
Judging strictly by on-field performance, Erik Walden really is improving. He had 3˝ pressures, marking his fourth good rushing game in the last five. Clever LT Jeff Backus struggled both with Walden's outside speed rushes and more refined hand usage. One time, Walden paused, sized up Backus and then burst by him using mainly technique. Against the run, Walden set a hard edge, disengaged from blocks quickly and kept finding the ball carrier. On the other side, Clay Matthews had three of his five pressures against RT Gosder Cherilus.

BloodBrother
11-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Yeah, Newhouse seems to struggle early on in the game but then gets better as it goes along. Most of his mistakes are technique issues that will improve with more experience

I remember in training camp Newhouse was praised as being the most improved player on the team.

The problem now is RG. I'm not sure Evan Dietrich-Smith is a viable replacement...but they have no other option right now. If Sitton has to sit out for the last 5 games + the bye week to get back to being close to 100%...then you let him. They'll need him for the playoffs

as far as Walden goes, still a lot more needs to be determined regarding his felony domestic assault charges. His GF said she tripped and fell, but the hospital is the one that called the police. Apparently her story didn't really fly with them. Could be her trying to protect her meal ticket(Walden) or who knows, maybe it was just a misunderstanding

regardin the games today...obviously rooting for a Bears loss. That'd basically wrap up the division for the Packers

SuperPacker
11-27-2011, 12:06 PM
The problem now is RG. I'm not sure Evan Dietrich-Smith is a viable replacement...but they have no other option right now. If Sitton has to sit out for the last 5 games + the bye week to get back to being close to 100%...then you let him. They'll need him for the playoffs

I dont think Dietrich-Smith is a viable replacement. We could put sherrod there but I dont like the idea of moving him around loads in his first year. We'll just have t ride it out with Evan and hope its not too much of a problem.

J-Mike88
11-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Packers LB Walden out on bond after girlfriend changes story

http://tinyurl.com/79lthdg
Court Commissioner Lawrence Gazeley scheduled the case for a Dec. 7 hearing and ordered Walden’s release on a $1,000 signature bond. Walden, who wore a jail-issued orange jumpsuit during his teleconference appearance, has been in jail since his arrest Friday morning.

Zakowski said the alleged victim has changed her story about what happened Friday and now says she initiated the attack and that Walden hurt her while defending himself.

The woman suffered a bruise and cut to her forehead, which required four stitches, and an injured thumb in a dispute at the couple’s residence in the town of Lawrence, Zakowski said.

While her initial statements to police implied Walden had hit and pushed her, her later statements indicated she attacked him and that he was just defending himself when she fell against the couple’s bed, striking her head on the bedpost, Zakowski said.

Investigators haven’t determined whether she is telling the truth, he said.

The NFL has moved the Packers-Raiders game on Dec. 11 to 3:15 p.m. as part of the flexible scheduling plan.

It was originally a noon kickoff.
CBS will still carry the game.

TimmG6376
11-30-2011, 10:39 AM
So anyone else see the article on TJ Lang? I remember people (including myself) wondering why he couldn't break through and overtake Colledge. Also explains why Sherrod was given the first shot at LG in preseason.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/wakeup-call-a838c6k-134726453.html

ImBrotherCain
11-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Really good read.

TimmG6376
12-01-2011, 11:30 AM
EDS on whether it bothers him that national stories about he Suh incident referred to him as 'Packers offensive lineman' rather than by name:

“That’s fine by me, I don’t really care,” he said Wednesday. “It’s not really cool to be famous for getting stepped on. It doesn’t really matter to me. I prefer to just make sure that I take every day the same. If you guys want to make a story about me one day, that’s cool, but I’m not going to sit here and try and hog your time.”

I'm starting to like this guy.

BloodBrother
12-01-2011, 12:14 PM
So Sitton is officially out. Hopefully this isn't something that keeps him out multiple weeks

Bishop and Hawk will be re-evaluated tomorrow. Really hope one of them can at least give it a go sunday.

bright side is that Bradshaw is likely not going to play. Osi is also out which is nice

SuperPacker
12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Has anyone seen the ESPN video where they are talking about whether Rodgers is a lock for the MVP? One of the "experts" was talking the biggest load of crap that i nearly stook my hand through my computer! People are just so jealous of the Packers success!

He was saying things like; The Packers have had no hard game (Lions, Falcons, Saints, Chargers), Rodgers hasnt led a fourth quarter comeback (you dont neex to when you dont trail in the 4th quarter), all the games we have won have been because of injuries or misfortunes of their players eg. Suh, Polamalu (Forgot to mention we have Clifton, Sitton, Neal, Bishop, Hawk and Collins out)

I dont know how he even gets paid to talk about football!

Rant/

Im going to bed...

jackalope
12-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Has anyone seen the ESPN video where they are talking about whether Rodgers is a lock for the MVP? One of the "experts" was talking the biggest load of crap that i nearly stook my hand through my computer! People are just so jealous of the Packers success!

He was saying things like; The Packers have had no hard game (Lions, Falcons, Saints, Chargers), Rodgers hasnt led a fourth quarter comeback (you dont neex to when you dont trail in the 4th quarter), all the games we have won have been because of injuries or misfortunes of their players eg. Suh, Polamalu (Forgot to mention we have Clifton, Sitton, Neal, Bishop, Hawk and Collins out)

Rant/

Im going to bed...

It sounds like you're talking about Skip Bayless. Here's a tip: don't take anything he says seriously. Or, better yet: don't watch Skip Bayless at all. This is rather hypocritical of me since I often find myself watching First Take despite how awful it is.

J-Mike88
12-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Skip Bayless is an a****.
Everyone hates that guy because he's a jerk.... you might agree with him on occasion, but he's like Simon Cowell but less successful.

TimmG6376
12-02-2011, 09:23 AM

Rant/

Im going to bed...

This is most ******** criticism of Rodgers. They can't find anything else so they throw this out there. 1) As you mentioned he does what he can to avoid being in those situations in the first place 2) There have been several times he has led late game drives for clinching/tying scores and either the defense or STs let him down. I'm so tired of hearing that ****.

I can't wait until the Patriots hang 20+ on the Broncos in the first half and his best buddy Tebow is forced to try and win the game with his arm.

EDIT: If there is a valid criticism of Rodgers it is that if he does get his bell rung a little his accuracy/decision-making goes down hill.

BloodBrother
12-02-2011, 11:28 AM
well sh*t, Bradshaw practiced today for the Giants and BOTH Hawk and Bishop aren't practicing today...which will likely mean that both won't be playing. Bradshaw is the type of RB who can give this team fits, and it will only be worse if they are without their 2 starting ILB'ers

if Bradshaw ends up playing, it might be just in a limited role, however

edit: just confirmed by McCarthy. Bishop and Hawk are both OUT. Rookie D.J. Smith will be wearing the headset for the D this sunday

Sitton and Clifton also OUT. Starks/Quarless(groin) are both probable

SuperPacker
12-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Rookie D.J. Smith will be wearing the headset for the D this sunday

Wow this is gonna be a big game for him! Why not give it to someone else? Anyway we should be alright, offense will be too strong for the Giants defense.

J-Mike88
12-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Bradshaw is a back that can hurt us.
I still hate that little bast*rd for scoring against us in the NFC title game in 2008.

This game won't be easy. I suspect there are quite a few Packer fans who assume that this will be a breeze since Brees carved them up in his dome for 49 points, and since Rodgers carved them up in week 16 last year.

Expect the Giants to play hard, play well, and to get some lucky breaks.

SuperPacker
12-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Bradshaw is a back that can hurt us.
I still hate that little bast*rd for scoring against us in the NFC title game in 2008.

This game won't be easy. I suspect there are quite a few Packer fans who assume that this will be a breeze since Brees carved them up in his dome for 49 points, and since Rodgers carved them up in week 16 last year.

Expect the Giants to play hard, play well, and to get some lucky breaks.

You say its a harder game than people think every week jmike!! ;) bottom line is our offense is too strong for their defense. My score prediction for the game is 34-20

BloodBrother
12-02-2011, 06:25 PM
DJ Smith is probably an improvement over Hawk....but Bishop will be missed

If they get through this game and win, I think they do end up going undefeated

J-Mike88
12-02-2011, 08:10 PM
You say its a harder game than people think every week jmike!! ;) 0
I guess I think like a coach..... I always prepare for things to be a battle, prepare for the worst.... never expect a cakewalk. Always hope for a cakewalk.

Also, I hate Eli and that sunabich has broken our hearts before. He's clutch.
Imagine him throwing no picks in this game.... I think we lose then.

I got a mom and an aunt who's high blood pressure make it hard for them to watch Packer games if they are close.

Us not even trailing in the 4th quarter for one second, all year..... that's a GIFT to them!

What's the weather forecast for NY Sunday afternoon?
That game will mostly be in the dark.

SuperPacker
12-03-2011, 05:16 AM
I hate it when people say Eli is clutch. What that means is that hes s*** for all the other drives but hes good on the last one. Rodgers hardly ever gets called 'clutch' but thats because hes too good for it! Being 'clutch' is a s*** quarterbacks praise. Being good all the time is what the best quarterbacks should aim for.

Mr.Regular
12-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Im ******* freaking out right now. Ive been waiting my whole life to buy Packers stock, but I dont know if theres any way for a Canadian to do this.

I do live on the border, if I used an American PO Box would that work? Or would there be an issue because of my Canadian Credit Card? Theres got to be a way around this.

ImBrotherCain
12-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Im ******* freaking out right now. Ive been waiting my whole life to buy Packers stock, but I dont know if theres any way for a Canadian to do this.

I do live on the border, if I used an American PO Box would that work? Or would there be an issue because of my Canadian Credit Card? Theres got to be a way around this.

You could try a PO box and if there is an issue with a Canadian Credit Card you could always hop to the states and buy a VISA prepaid gift card so you could buy it that way.

cvv84
12-03-2011, 02:28 PM

Sorry man (http://news.yahoo.com/packers-plan-stock-sale-nfl-owner-250-205718829.html) :(

Cheeseheads who live overseas are out of luck. The offering is limited to people with addresses in the U.S., Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Soldiers and U.S. residents who are currently overseas will have to use their U.S. addresses.

BloodBrother
12-03-2011, 04:16 PM
That sucks. You got any relatives in the states that could perhaps help you out?

anybody else going to buy some stock? I'm planning on doing so. Basically a combo gift for myself and my dad fort xmas

cvv84
12-03-2011, 05:35 PM
That sucks. You got any relatives in the states that could perhaps help you out?

anybody else going to buy some stock? I'm planning on doing so. Basically a combo gift for myself and my dad fort xmas

I think I'm going to buy a share, frame it, and put it up on the wall. Its more of a novelty but who else can say they own part of their favorite team?

Mr.Regular
12-04-2011, 10:20 AM
No immediate relatives over in the US for me. Damnit, this really sucks.The prepaid VISA idea isnt bad however, Ill have to try something. Living on the border does give me some options.

BloodBrother
12-04-2011, 01:41 PM
I think I'm going to buy a share, frame it, and put it up on the wall. Its more of a novelty but who else can say they own part of their favorite team?

exactly what I'll be doing

only the 5th time that the Packers have done this in their 92 year history. It's rare and who knows when the next time will come. I was too young the last time they did this.

BloodBrother
12-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Lions loss tonight means the Packers are offiicially NFC North Champs!

next goal, secure a first round bye(win next week does that)

lasse
12-05-2011, 02:47 AM
No immediate relatives over in the US for me. Damnit, this really sucks.The prepaid VISA idea isnt bad however, Ill have to try something. Living on the border does give me some options.

same here, only my chances are actually nil since i live in germany.

SuperPacker
12-05-2011, 04:53 PM
I wanna see what Skip Bayless has to say about Aaron Rodgers 50 second drive in the 4th quarter to get us a FG! He'll probably still be saying Tim Tebow for MVP...

Hawk
12-05-2011, 09:15 PM
AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter) @Adam Schefter

A source familiar with a certain QB in Mississippi told ESPNChicago.com (http://t.co/cdSoE1Ag) that that QB would listen if the Bears made a pitch.

This was on twitter today but has since been removed by Schefter. Hope there's no fruition to this. Favre would want to come back just to try to knock us off our potential undefeated season.

J-Mike88
12-06-2011, 05:23 AM
Once again, the ego of Farve gets his name scrolling across the ticker, which he has always absolutely loved!
Schefter has gotten a lot of flack for biting on this.

Hawk
12-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Once again, the ego of Farve gets his name scrolling across the ticker, which he has always absolutely loved!
Schefter has gotten a lot of flack for biting on this.

Yeah I think he gets a woody hearing his name.

Too his credit, I did too from about 1995 - 2007

TimmG6376
12-06-2011, 09:26 AM
AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter) @Adam Schefter

A source familiar with a certain QB in Mississippi told ESPNChicago.com (http://t.co/cdSoE1Ag) that that QB would listen if the Bears made a pitch.

This was on twitter today but has since been removed by Schefter. Hope there's no fruition to this. Favre would want to come back just to try to knock us off our potential undefeated season.

Pretty cowardly of Shefter to bite on this, post it to twitter, then remove it. If you are going to jump on every little rumor then leave it out there to be ridiculed when you are wrong.

BloodBrother
12-06-2011, 09:45 AM
I would laugh so hard if the Bears actually did bring in Favre. Guy is what? 42 years old now and hasn't played all year. I WISH it would happen and they throw him out there week 16 in cold ass Lambeau. Dude would get destroyed

Also, bought a share..err made a donation today(site took freakin forever to load). I'm now officially an owner!

Hawk
12-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Its easy to forget some guys that were on our team and then fell off the map. Travis Jervey is one of those guys. He was drafted out of The Citadel in 1995 and managed to put together 9 years in the NFL, the first 4 with the Packers.

He was far from spectacular as a NFL running back, but that guy left everything on the field for our special teams. I remember being younger and watching him bust his ass on kickoff coverages. He was one of one of the hardest working players we had here. As a result, he was voted to the 1998 Pro Bowl for his play on special teams. He's always been one of my favorite players when he was here.

http://blogs.as.com/.a/6a00d83451bf7069e2014e8be47b39970d-450wi

J-Mike88
12-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Good stuff on former Packers.

You got 5 minutes?
You want 5 great minutes?
Check out the video posted here, but hurry before it's taken down:
http://packersinsider.com/

badgerbacker
12-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Did anyone else become a part owner of the Packers today?

BloodBrother
12-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Yep

now we just can't get caught betting on games or caught publicly criticizing nfl teams/players/coaches or else we are subject to being fined by the commissioner lol

lasse
12-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Did anyone else become a part owner of the Packers today?

come on dont rub it in...

bigboiajhawk
12-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Just bought a share of the greatest franchise in all of sports!

I know some view it as money down the drain, but I view it in a different way. I have grown up watching the Packers, I will continue to watch the Packers, and I hope someday my kids, grandkid's, and great grandkid's will all grow up appreciating the Packers in the way that I do.

I look at is a safeguard to always having the Packers to entertain me. (Not that the Packers truly needed the money, but this money I gave will most definitely keep the Packers in a secure fiscal environment for a long time to come.)

Mr.Regular
12-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Somehow I figured out how to buy stock. I'm an official part owner of the Pack!

BloodBrother
12-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Awesome man. Glad to hear you were able to get that done

also, it's not really money down the drain. If anything, its a donation in helping our favorite team make some sweet new renovations to Lambeau Field.

TimmG6376
12-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Anyone have a link to video of the hit Woodson got called for roughing on vs the Giants?

He was fined $15K today for the hit. My recollection is that it was a pretty weak roughing call and in no way deserving of a fine, but I can't find video.

BloodBrother
12-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Per MM:

- Sitton has a chance to practice this week
- Bishop is "close" to returning
- Saine and Pickett both suffered concussions, but McCarthy says he believes both will be available this week

and in the biggest news of the week

Greg Jennings has a knee sprain. Expects to be out 2-3 weeks. Feels "fortunate" that it wasn't worse. He'll be in treatment this week and then will be in rehab next couple of weeks. "Safe to say he'll be ready for the playoffs", as McCarthy said

Huuuuuge news!

TimmG6376
12-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Per MM:

- Sitton has a chance to practice this week
- Bishop is "close" to returning
- Saine and Pickett both suffered concussions, but McCarthy says he believes both will be available this week

and in the biggest news of the week

Greg Jennings has a knee sprain. Expects to be out 2-3 weeks. Feels "fortunate" that it wasn't worse. He'll be in treatment this week and then will be in rehab next couple of weeks. "Safe to say he'll be ready for the playoffs", as McCarthy said

Huuuuuge news!

Honestly, this game should be similar to the Raiders. No need to rush Bishop or Hawk back considering how well the backup ILBs have played, though I'm sure they'll want to get out there. Same with Sitton. Would be nice to see him start but once game is out of hand pull him. Pickett is key to rotation and keeping guys fresh. I'd like to see Saine get some significant playing time to see if he can be a real contributor in the playoffs.

BloodBrother
12-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, Hawk was active yesterday and was slated to get some snaps in the 2nd half, but with the score 31-0, they held him out to heal up some more. I hope they can get up big next week so they can get guys out again

Also, even though it's good news now...I'm still not gonna get too excited. Mike Neal had a "sprained knee" in training camp, and was set for rehab...2-3 weeks later, we find out he has to get surgery. I hope Jennings is better at healing than Mike is

TimmG6376
12-12-2011, 03:46 PM
I say it should be similar to the Raiders, but you never know how a team is going to react to a HC firing. That makes me a little uneasy, but in the end the Packers are better and should win convincingly.

BloodBrother
12-12-2011, 04:08 PM
WR Tori Gurley is expected to be added to the active roster, with Vic So'oto likely headed to IR

Gurley has been getting high praise from the other WR's for how impressive he has looked in practice.

I like this, as there was a fear that somebody would try to claim him from the PS. Also adds another big target(6'4) for Rodgers, and gives them another WR these last couple of weeks without Jennings

cvv84
12-12-2011, 04:24 PM
WR Tori Gurley is expected to be added to the active roster, with Vic So'oto likely headed to IR

Gurley has been getting high praise from the other WR's for how impressive he has looked in practice.

I like this, as there was a fear that somebody would try to claim him from the PS. Also adds another big target(6'4) for Rodgers, and gives them another WR these last couple of weeks without Jennings

I'd rather see D.J. Williams used more at WR like the Patriots do with Aaron Hernandez.

Also why not activate Davon House on gamedays? I'd love to get that guy some reps. The players were raving about his progess in practice as well.

TimmG6376
12-12-2011, 05:07 PM
I'd rather see D.J. Williams used more at WR like the Patriots do with Aaron Hernandez.

Also why not activate Davon House on gamedays? I'd love to get that guy some reps. The players were raving about his progess in practice as well.

Well just because Gurley is promoted to the 53 man roster doesn't mean he will be active.

I've seen comments that House excels at press but I'm guessing he is still learning the other aspects of CB at this level. This stretch would be a good time to get him some snaps though.

J-Mike88
12-12-2011, 05:24 PM

I agree on House for sure.
But while I like DJ Williams, he's short for a TE and I'd much rather have Gurley out there. I think he has shown big play ability.

I just hope Jennings comes back the same as the normal Jennings, whenever it is.

Scotty D
12-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I come in peace.

What kind of feelings are you guys getting in regard to how hard the Packers will push for 16 - 0? I just think it could be a really interesting game in week 16 if the Packers are 15-0 and the Lions need a win for a playoff spot.

SuperPacker
12-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Over the next 3 games it would be nice to see Saine, Gurley, Lattimore, House and MD Jennings get some extended playing time!

SuperPacker
12-12-2011, 05:31 PM
I come in peace.

What kind of feelings are you guys getting in regard to how hard the Packers will push for 16 - 0? I just think it could be a really interesting game in week 16 if the Packers are 15-0 and the Lions need a win for a playoff spot.

Im 100% sure MM will go for 16-0!

Obviously we'll be careful with players coming back from injury but other than that i expect to see the starters getting the majority of the snaps. Remember in 09 when we played Arizona in week 17 and the wildcard round, but MM still went for the win whilst the Cards rested their starters. Hes not going to change his philosophy when 16-0 is reachable!

princefielder28
12-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Im 100% sure MM will go for 16-0!

Obviously we'll be careful with players coming back from injury but other than that i expect to see the starters getting the majority of the snaps. Remember in 09 when we played Arizona in week 17 and the wildcard round, but MM still went for the win whilst the Cards rested their starters. Hes not going to change his philosophy when 16-0 is reachable!

yeah, we should/probably will go for 16-0...we already get the one bye week for being the top seed and i feel more than one week off this time of year can really derail momentum

jackalope
12-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Last year, the Bears lost to us in week 17, which let us make the playoffs and eventually knock them out. Could be kind of a similar situation with Green Bay/Detroit this year. I don't think McCarthy would want to let a divisional rival in for a potential third chance to beat us, regardless of whether that means going undefeated.

I had felt confident that McCarthy would go for a perfect season, but lately I've become a little less sure. As a fan, I certainly want to see them go for it. One thing he'll probably consider is whether it really benefits the team to coast the final few weeks and then take a week off. Taking it easy for that long can possibly come back to bite a team. The ideal situation would be to get out ahead early these next two weeks against weak opponents and then be able to sit guys in the second half, as they did with Oakland. Then be able to knock Detroit out of the playoffs.

Also, the Gurley news was just a rumor set off by one of his tweets. Doesn't look like there's any substance to it.

cvv84
12-12-2011, 07:55 PM
I agree on House for sure.
But while I like DJ Williams, he's short for a TE and I'd much rather have Gurley out there. I think he has shown big play ability.

I just hope Jennings comes back the same as the normal Jennings, whenever it is.

Which is why I said to use him more in the Aaron Hernadez role which is basically a WR.

Ryan Taylor deserves more snaps at TE anyways.

BloodBrother
12-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Yeah, was going to say that it's a rumor that Gurley would be added to the active roster. McCarthy said he had no news on personnel moves

SuperPacker
12-13-2011, 03:29 PM
I was bored and going through some of my old posts on this forum and found this! I'll inform you of my draft predictions on the 3rd April 2012 just so you know who were picking up in next years draft ;)

04-03-2011, 08:59 PM (permalink)
SuperPacker
Rookie

i hope we go with OT 1st Round

1st Derek Sherrod OT
2nd Randall Cobb WR

TimmG6376
12-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Sounds like even though Hawk and Bishop are getting healthy we may not have seen the last of Francois and Smith.

"Well, you want to have as much depth, and there are different roles," Capers said. "We certainly have enough defensive packages and so you could see those guys show up in different defensive packages. I know the experience here will pay off and it'll certainly help us as we move closer to the playoffs."

SuperPacker
12-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Sounds like even though Hawk and Bishop are getting healthy we may not have seen the last of Francois and Smith.

Smith and Francois deserve all the snaps they get in the next few weeks! IMO both have been better than Hawk in the little time they have had to shine so i would think a 1:1:1 spilt of snaps would be fair.

J-Mike88
12-13-2011, 03:56 PM
I was bored and going through some of my old posts on this forum and found this! I'll inform you of my draft predictions on the 3rd April 2012 just so you know who were picking up in next years draft ;)

04-03-2011, 08:59 PM (permalink)
SuperPacker
Rookie

i hope we go with OT 1st Round

1st Derek Sherrod OT
2nd Randall Cobb WR
WELL DONE!
I love Cobb, and hope that Sherrod can develop.

TimmG6376
12-13-2011, 04:01 PM
WELL DONE!
I love Cobb, and hope that Sherrod can develop.

He hasn't looked great in game action but I have to trust that the coaches see something on the practice field. If they haven't seen him perform in practice there is no way they would put Rodgers in such jeopardy in a blow out. Personally if they wanted to see Sherrod in game action, I would have preferred they waited until Flynn was in.

SuperPacker
12-13-2011, 04:24 PM
He hasn't looked great in game action but I have to trust that the coaches see something on the practice field. If they haven't seen him perform in practice there is no way they would put Rodgers in such jeopardy in a blow out. Personally if they wanted to see Sherrod in game action, I would have preferred they waited until Flynn was in.

I agree but i dont think Sherrod could of done much worse than Newhouse was doing. May as well go with the 1st pick.

jackalope
12-13-2011, 04:38 PM
The coaches said that the rotations was planned and that Sherrod had earned the chance to get game action based on his performance in practice.

J-Mike88
12-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Packers worked out RB's Tyrell Sutton and Graig Cooper today.
Also, Walter Sanders (is he a combo of WALTER payton and barry SANDERS?), and Jalen Parmale.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/135547538.html

SuperPacker
12-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Starks and Saine look like they'll be fine so a RB will probably be signed to the PS rather than the 53. Whoever Walter Sanders is i want him! He could be rubbish but with that name i'd still love him.

J-Mike88
12-15-2011, 08:26 PM
The Grape Apes tried to steal away Torri Gurley off our practice squad, offering him a call up to their roster.
Gurley told them to take a hike. He chose to stay with us on our practice squad.

Great comments from Gurley.
Much respect to TG!

mqtirishfan
12-15-2011, 10:49 PM
In somewhat related news, Chastin West caught his first TD pass tonight for the Jags.

J-Mike88
12-16-2011, 05:35 AM
In somewhat related news, Chastin West caught his first TD pass tonight for the Jags.
I was just gonna post that too..... that team is horrible and so is Blaine Gabbert. But West got one last night in that rout loss to the Falcons.

Chastin looked great while he was here..... so deep at WR.

SuperPacker
12-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Packers sign some Full Back called Hoose (i think) to the PS and drop a guard. Not what i expected but at least theres a RB on the PS just incase.

Hawk
12-17-2011, 08:21 PM
triple post wooo

Hawk
12-17-2011, 08:23 PM
So I was watching Big Stan on HBO, and I notice a black guy in the movie and I'm thinking "hey, that guy looks like Ahman Green." I had to look it up, but sure enough Ahman Green is in the movie Big Stan.

Hawk
12-17-2011, 08:23 PM
**** my life.

SuperPacker
12-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Well that was s-h-i-t.

BloodBrother
12-18-2011, 03:27 PM
haha that game was horrible. Oh well

guess they were due for a stinker. At least now they CAN rest some guys up. They are getting pretty banged up right now. Niners loss tomorrow means they seal the #1 seed, so it's all good

sucks that they won't have a shot at history but oh well, it's over and done with. Time to start another streak and accomplish the main goal of winning the SB

BloodBrother
12-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Sherrod suffered a broken leg and is out for the season

If Bulaga can't go next week, I hope they get Rodgers out soon. The OL is a mess right now. I despise Evan Dietrich-Smith. Dude comes in and on the first play he just gets demolished and completely whiffs on his man, allowing him to hit Rodgers real good

OL and DL got absolutely abused today. Don't even think they hit Orton at all.

RockJock07
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
We'll get to see how these guys respond because they didn't just lose they looked like a whole different team. All of us knew that the defense was suspect but the offense going into a funk is a whole new issue and hopefully it doesn't linger.

I'm just pissed at how bad they played

J-Mike88
12-18-2011, 04:52 PM
We'll get to see how these guys respond because they didn't just lose they looked like a whole different team. All of us knew that the defense was suspect but the offense going into a funk is a whole new issue and hopefully it doesn't linger.

I'm just pissed at how bad they played
True true true.... but people don't understand sometimes how important one key cog is into a well-refined, high-performance machine like this Packers offense sportscar.
Greg Jennings is the key piece to Rodgers' arsenal. Like Nick Collins was the glue to the D-backfield.

Both of those guys are better, more important, than any of the 16 we IR'd last season.

Luckily, we'll get GJ back. We think.
But we won't get Collins back and that will continue to hurt.

Now, we had NO pass rush today. Orton threw for 300 yards, barely missed, and wasn't touched. Where was Clay Matthews? Why was Tamba Hali all over Rodgers all day long, but Orton was never touched?

Losing Bulaga and Sherrod hurt, and suck. I'm so sick of season-ending injuries. Poor Sherrod, and that play happened when Rodgers couldn't throw it because we didn't get open, so he flushed himself out of the pocket, which got Hali to go that way and roll into Derrick. Gdammit.

I want to like Eric Walden, but why can't we EVER get any pass rush if Matthews doesn't get it?
Where is an interior pass rush? Mike Neal? He's done as much as Justin Harrell ever did. He's not making our defense forget about Cullen Jenkins.

The Chiefs had guys wide open... RBs, TEs, WRs..... Finley can't ever get wide open anymore. What's up with him? He doesn't seem fast. He drops passes. He made one great catch, but he drops too many.

Lastly, what was the back judges problem back there, calling Jordyzzz for not one, but two BS pass interference calls? Those look pre-planned. Very suspicious.

BloodBrother
12-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Meh, I'm over it. Hard to be too pissed when this is their first loss in 364 days. They didn't play good, and the Chiefs did an excellent job of controlling the clock and dominating at the LOS. The OL will be better when they get these guys back. Sh*t happens

refocus, regroup and get sh*t going again

BloodBrother
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Newhouse' caused Sherrod's broken leg with his crap play today. Guy was routinely beaten all game. He looks like he's getting worse as the season goes on. Really would be a nice bonus if Clifton can return. He MIGHT practice next week

come playoff time, the team should have these guys back

Bishop
PIckett
Clifton
Bulaga
Starks
Jennings

things will be fine. The main problem is the pass rush and it has been all year, so that won't change

vidae
12-18-2011, 05:10 PM
I just wanted to say good game today. To be honest, I wanted the Packers to run the table. I'm a huge Rodgers and Jordy fan and I really dislike the 72 Dolphins.

Oh well. You guys will just have to settle for another Lombardi. Good consolation prize. ;)

BloodBrother
12-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Good game to the Chiefs. They came to play for Crennel. They were more physical than GB the entire game, especially at the LOS

tough season for you guys with the losses of key players to injury, but the talent is there(need a legit QB though, don't trust Orton)

RockJock07
12-18-2011, 05:52 PM
True true true.... but people don't understand sometimes how important one key cog is into a well-refined, high-performance machine like this Packers offense sportscar.
Greg Jennings is the key piece to Rodgers' arsenal. Like Nick Collins was the glue to the D-backfield.

Both of those guys are better, more important, than any of the 16 we IR'd last season.

Luckily, we'll get GJ back. We think.
But we won't get Collins back and that will continue to hurt.

Now, we had NO pass rush today. Orton threw for 300 yards, barely missed, and wasn't touched. Where was Clay Matthews? Why was Tamba Hali all over Rodgers all day long, but Orton was never touched?

Losing Bulaga and Sherrod hurt, and suck. I'm so sick of season-ending injuries. Poor Sherrod, and that play happened when Rodgers couldn't throw it because we didn't get open, so he flushed himself out of the pocket, which got Hali to go that way and roll into Derrick. Gdammit.

I want to like Eric Walden, but why can't we EVER get any pass rush if Matthews doesn't get it?
Where is an interior pass rush? Mike Neal? He's done as much as Justin Harrell ever did. He's not making our defense forget about Cullen Jenkins.

The Chiefs had guys wide open... RBs, TEs, WRs..... Finley can't ever get wide open anymore. What's up with him? He doesn't seem fast. He drops passes. He made one great catch, but he drops too many.

Lastly, what was the back judges problem back there, calling Jordyzzz for not one, but two BS pass interference calls? Those look pre-planned. Very suspicious.

Yeah my first thought after the game was the offense but when you don't touch orton all day and don't force a turnover you're going to have to play perfect football.

Walden, Zombo, Lattimore, Jones are good pieces but can they be THE guy opposite Clay and so far they've done ok but are any of those guys long term guys? I'm not sure.

BloodBrother
12-18-2011, 06:05 PM
No they can't IMO. They need somebody more legit. Those guys are solid depth/back-ups but none of them are starter caliber

TimmG6376
12-18-2011, 07:29 PM
6 drops in the first half. 4 for Finley alone. The "drops happen" schtick is getting old. Time for Finley to step up or shut up.

AJ Hawk returns and again they are torched by TEs. Coincidence? I mean that wasn't Gronk, Hernandez, Gonzales, or even Gates, running wide open downfield. It was Leonard ******* Pope.

No, it isn't the end of the world. Still in good shape for the playoffs assuming Bulaga and Clifton can get back. Newhouse has plateaued and possibly regressed.

Really frustrating to watch the team lay an egg like that.

J-Mike88
12-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Good point.
I think Francois is better than Hawk, for sure at coverage.
I've liked Hawk and defended him a lot, but they all sucked today.

They made Kyle Orton look like Joe Montana today, minus the clutchness late.

Hawk
12-18-2011, 08:11 PM
What's Orton's career record against us now?

edit: looked it up, its 4-2 now I believe

TimmG6376
12-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Good point.
I think Francois is better than Hawk, for sure at coverage.
I've liked Hawk and defended him a lot, but they all sucked today.

They made Kyle Orton look like Joe Montana today, minus the clutchness late.

I haven't been in the "bench Hawk" camp until recently. I thought he brought intangibles to the field and took too much flak for being a top 5 pick, but after seeing the backups step in and the defense actually play better I guess you can say I've turned the corner.

J-Mike88
12-18-2011, 10:09 PM
You can't find quality tackles anywhere, so I wonder what type of shape Mark Tauscher is in right now.
We might become so desperate, it comes to that.

I mean where else are you gonna find a tackle who might be able to play out there?