PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

Pack_Attack_4
01-16-2007, 09:09 AM
if theres one WR i don't want in the draft is Ginn. His last name might as well be spelled B-U-S-T, but thats just me

Y would you say hes a bust when he hasnet even played a game in the NFL?

CARDIAC CAT 7
01-16-2007, 12:28 PM
If any big time reciever is going to be a bust its Jarrett simply because sometimes he looks lethargic. Ginn atleast has the potential to be a poor mans Steve Smith, Ginn just needs to put on a little more weight if he can.
I will go make a poll to see. :)

TitleTown088
01-16-2007, 01:15 PM
if theres one WR i don't want in the draft is Ginn. His last name might as well be spelled B-U-S-T, but thats just me

Y would you say hes a bust when he hasnet even played a game in the NFL?
because that's his prediction....

Boston
01-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Ginn is not Williamson. People need to get that out of there damn minds.

umphrey
01-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Ginn is not Williamson. People need to get that out of there damn minds.

That's how I feel about it too

sik wit it
01-16-2007, 04:59 PM
i'm so damn sick of seeing every damn mock draft with us taking marshawn.

Whistler6
01-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Isn't Dwight Freeney going to be a UFA after this season? The colts are going to have a lot of FA's and it will be hard to give him the deal he will want if they dont tag him..

just a thought

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Isn't Dwight Freeney going to be a UFA after this season? The colts are going to have a lot of FA's and it will be hard to give him the deal he will want if they dont tag him..

just a thoughtisnt dwight freeney like kgb part two?

sik wit it
01-16-2007, 05:33 PM

does a bear s.h.i.t in the woods?

johbur
01-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Scott's new mock has Lynch again. I;d still be happier with Nelson, as he has Okoye going before the Packers pick. And he tosses out that the Packers have bottom 5 talent, which I don't see. 2 all-pros, defense came on at end of year and offense has a number of young AND talented players. Plus Favre will be back, which I'll contune to say until he says he's not.

jackalope
01-16-2007, 07:15 PM
i'm so damn sick of seeing every damn mock draft with us taking marshawn.i love the pick it just gets a little boring

70challenger457
01-16-2007, 07:28 PM

does a bear s.h.i.t in the woods?does a one legged duck swim?

sik wit it
01-16-2007, 07:33 PM

does a bear s.h.i.t in the woods?does a one legged duck swim?
in a circle

someone447
01-16-2007, 07:44 PM

does a bear s.h.i.t in the woods?

Is the pope catholic?

Someone had a funny avatar regarding this. A picture of a People magazine with the Pope and the Headline I'm catholic, then it flashed over to a people with a Bear with the headline I **** in the woods then it went to Lance Bass witht he headline I'm Gay.

LickaMahfeetz
01-16-2007, 08:53 PM

I say he's a bust, not a complete bust, but a bust nontheless. He is very Joey Galloway esquie

70challenger457
01-16-2007, 09:20 PM

I say he's a bust, not a complete bust, but a bust nontheless. He is very Joey Galloway esquieI was just my point of view but someone misunderstood me and thought I was saying he's already a bust

LickaMahfeetz
01-16-2007, 09:27 PM

I say he's a bust, not a complete bust, but a bust nontheless. He is very Joey Galloway esquieI was just my point of view but someone misunderstood me and thought I was saying he's already a bust

Yeah, I know. I'm just agreeing with you and stating why I think. He is very much like Joey Galloway. The only move they have coming into the league is the fly. They are comparable in size coming out of college as well. Galloway has had a fine career, but he's not an elite reciever like he was thought to be. I believe the same will be with Ginn.

70challenger457
01-16-2007, 09:36 PM

Yeah, I know. I'm just agreeing with you and stating why I think. He is very much like Joey Galloway. The only move they have coming into the league is the fly. They are comparable in size coming out of college as well. Galloway has had a fine career, but he's not an elite reciever like he was thought to be. I believe the same will be with Ginn.Ginn can't run good routes, he doesn't work hard, I just don't see him ajusting to the NFL well at all. The reason why Greg jennings was good right off the bat, he ran good routes and worked hard, I don't see that from Ginn

LickaMahfeetz
01-16-2007, 09:38 PM

Yeah, I know. I'm just agreeing with you and stating why I think. He is very much like Joey Galloway. The only move they have coming into the league is the fly. They are comparable in size coming out of college as well. Galloway has had a fine career, but he's not an elite reciever like he was thought to be. I believe the same will be with Ginn.Ginn can't run good routes, he doesn't work hard, I just don't see him ajusting to the NFL well at all. The reason why Greg jennings was good right off the bat, he ran good routes and worked hard, I don't see that from Ginn

70challenger457
01-16-2007, 09:59 PM

Yeah, I know. I'm just agreeing with you and stating why I think. He is very much like Joey Galloway. The only move they have coming into the league is the fly. They are comparable in size coming out of college as well. Galloway has had a fine career, but he's not an elite reciever like he was thought to be. I believe the same will be with Ginn.Ginn can't run good routes, he doesn't work hard, I just don't see him ajusting to the NFL well at all. The reason why Greg jennings was good right off the bat, he ran good routes and worked hard, I don't see that from GinnI now realize that we were basically saying the same thing the entire time

umphrey
01-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Ginn is an awesome KR too though...people tend to forget about that. That means he is likely a playmaker in the open field AND can return kicks for us, filling another need.

GB12
01-17-2007, 12:30 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=553299

Jennings, Colledge, and Hawk on all rookie team. I'm surprisd that they chose Colledge over Spitz.

TitleTown088
01-17-2007, 12:40 AM
I saw that ESPN radio is reporting a rumor that the moss trade could be Green bay's first round pick for randy moss and their round two pick.... :?:

GB12
01-17-2007, 12:42 AM
I saw that ESPN radio is reporting a rumor that the moss trade could be Green bay's first round pick for randy moss and their round two pick.... :?:

That seems a little too much.

TitleTown088
01-17-2007, 12:45 AM

That seems a little too much.

ya i don't like that trade too much, but it would be the #33 overall?

umphrey
01-17-2007, 01:12 AM
That would be a TT esque trade but I'd much prefer to take the premier young player over the premier old player. If we were closer to a championship I might lean the other way but right now it doesn't make sense to give up a high draft pick for a guy that will help us for 2-3 years max and cost us a lot of money.

_Bob_
01-17-2007, 01:51 AM
PackerPro42??????????

sik wit it
01-17-2007, 01:55 AM
That would be a TT esque trade but I'd much prefer to take the premier young player over the premier old player. If we were closer to a championship I might lean the other way but right now it doesn't make sense to give up a high draft pick for a guy that will help us for 2-3 years max and cost us a lot of money.
how would that be a TT esque trade. He isn't that dumb to get screwed over in a deal. He always gets the better end of it.

70challenger457
01-17-2007, 07:51 AM
I saw that ESPN radio is reporting a rumor that the moss trade could be Green bay's first round pick for randy moss and their round two pick.... :?:I badly hope this isn't true

Gravedigger42
01-17-2007, 12:04 PM
If it's true, which I highly doubt, I'd puke.

TitleTown088
01-17-2007, 01:01 PM
I dunno how it could be true , we all know TT hates to part with his precious draft picks.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-17-2007, 01:07 PM
I saw that ESPN radio is reporting a rumor that the moss trade could be Green bay's first round pick for randy moss and their round two pick.... :?:I badly hope this isn't truedo you have another team already picked out if we pickup moss?

PacMan
01-17-2007, 01:21 PM
I'd be all for that trade. Randy Moss would make us too legit 2 quit. He is so big play. You can't look at his Oakland stats cuz Oakland stinks. They have no talent other than Moss. Favre to Moss c'mon?? That is a match made in heaven. A guy who can chuck the ball as good as anyone and a guy who jump over every defender to catch it. Here in Minnesota just about everyone regrets that trade. I'd welcome him with open arms.

GB12
01-17-2007, 01:32 PM
I'd be all for that trade. Randy Moss would make us too legit 2 quit. He is so big play. You can't look at his Oakland stats cuz Oakland stinks. They have no talent other than Moss. Favre to Moss c'mon?? That is a match made in heaven. A guy who can chuck the ball as good as anyone and a guy who jump over every defender to catch it. Here in Minnesota just about everyone regrets that trade. I'd welcome him with open arms.

Yeah, but that's too much to give up for him. I f we can get a good deal I'd love to have him.

70challenger457
01-17-2007, 02:07 PM
I saw that ESPN radio is reporting a rumor that the moss trade could be Green bay's first round pick for randy moss and their round two pick.... :?:I badly hope this isn't truedo you have another team already picked out if we pickup moss?I dearly love the packers but I would turn into either a lions fan or Giants. Don't think I could ever be a bear fan. I like shockey and I have his jersey so I think I might go there, but I'm going to going to college in michigan so IDK yet, I love the packers so I would perfer Moss not coming

eagleseye
01-17-2007, 02:16 PM
While I'm still bitter over the mooning incident, Moss does make the Packers a better team.

People are saying he doesnt have it any more, but he's only a year removed from 1005 yards, and 8 TD with Collins at the helm. This year everything was just a complete mess, and I think you can point a lot of fingers (including at Moss) for his poor season. But if Favre does return, he will likely get one on one coverage opposite of Driver meaning a big bounce back season.

I don't know about that trade though. I liked the previous 3rd round and 4th Round/Furgeson deals a lot better.

sik wit it
01-17-2007, 02:26 PM
I saw that ESPN radio is reporting a rumor that the moss trade could be Green bay's first round pick for randy moss and their round two pick.... :?:I badly hope this isn't truedo you have another team already picked out if we pickup moss?I dearly love the packers but I would turn into either a lions fan or Giants. Don't think I could ever be a bear fan. I like shockey and I have his jersey so I think I might go there, but I'm going to going to college in michigan so IDK yet, I love the packers so I would perfer Moss not coming
you would switch teams because of one player??? Thats THE dumbest thing i have ever heard. You should check yourself if you are considering so.

ny10804
01-17-2007, 02:42 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070117/PKR01/701170560/1058/PKRFeatures

Little tid-bit here:

Defensive tackle Corey Williams, who just finished his third season, signed a four-year deal as a rookie and thus is under contract for 2007.

I had thought he was a FA, but apparently he isn't. He's developing into a solid player. One less thing to worry about...

Pack_Attack_4
01-17-2007, 03:57 PM

Your not a real fan if your gonna change teams just because they pic up 1 guy, if you were a real fan you would stick with the team through thick and thin.

PacMan
01-17-2007, 04:23 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i244/kilobryan/kgb.jpg
have u guys seen this?

GB12
01-17-2007, 04:24 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i244/kilobryan/kgb.jpg (http://photobucket.com/)

have u guys seen this?

Yes

PacMan
01-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Hilarious!!!!

70challenger457
01-17-2007, 04:48 PM

Your not a real fan if your gonna change teams just because they pic up 1 guy, if you were a real fan you would stick with the team through thick and thin.I guess internet sarcasm is hard to pick up on

Boston
01-17-2007, 04:59 PM

Your not a real fan if your gonna change teams just because they pic up 1 guy, if you were a real fan you would stick with the team through thick and thin.I guess internet sarcasm is hard to pick up on

You would think...

Whistler6
01-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Like Moss or not, he is a GAME-CHANGER. Look how good he made Cullpepper look. I just dont know how everyone can be so down on him be of 1 bad year. 2 down years according to his standards. Everyone says aging...Harrison, Owens, Holt. They are over 30 and how are they doing? I dont like Moss..actually after the mooning thing I hated him. But think how insane our offense would be with Driver, Moss, Jennings for Favre to throw to. I disagree with the 1st round pick, but think about it. Favre to Moss would be a phenominal duo. How many TDs did Favre have with Javon and Driver? 32 one year and 30 the next.

70challenger457
01-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Like Moss or not, he is a GAME-CHANGER. Look how good he made Cullpepper look. I just dont know how everyone can be so down on him be of 1 bad year. 2 down years according to his standards. Everyone says aging...Harrison, Owens, Holt. They are over 30 and how are they doing? I dont like Moss..actually after the mooning thing I hated him. But think how insane our offense would be with Driver, Moss, Jennings for Favre to throw to. I disagree with the 1st round pick, but think about it. Favre to Moss would be a phenominal duo. How many TDs did Favre have with Javon and Driver? 32 one year and 30 the next.I don't care hoe "good" moss would be as a packer, I would much rather see a healthy Jennings catching passes from farve or ARod

70challenger457
01-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Whistler6 time to change the sig, I got a JJ Hardy sig saved if you want it, VLS made it, it's good stuff

Whistler6
01-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Whistler6 time to change the sig, I got a JJ Hardy sig saved if you want it, VLS made it, it's good stuff

You are very right...Id take it or sure. Appreciate it man

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Now for Moss, the Raiders actually inquired with various teams (one of then being Green Bay) recently on a variety of asking prices including the Raiders #2 and Moss for a 1st round pick. I heard that Packers GM Thompson laughed at that and was not gonna make a deal if that was the asking price, no word on the thoughts of the other 4 teams. Like I said before, with Al Davis, ANYTHING can happen. no surprise there.

70challenger457
01-17-2007, 05:53 PM
http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/2289/brewcrewsssig9fr.gif
[img]http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/2289/brewcrewsssig9fr.gif[/img]

jackalope
01-17-2007, 05:57 PM
i am still completely opposed to the Moss trade, however i wouldn't change my favorite team. I'll be a Packer fan forever but if we get Moss when he scored i would have mixed emotions of hate for Moss and joy of us scoring.

sik wit it
01-17-2007, 06:22 PM
if we could look into the future and see that moss leads us to a serious playoff contender, would you want him then? How can you not want a freak of an athlete. He is actually a decent guy, I've seen some serious interviews with him and I believe that Randy Moss will be the one that comes to GB. He'd be a better teammate than Charles Woodson, who is a ******* weirdo and only has two friends on the team.

70challenger457
01-17-2007, 06:30 PM
if we could look into the future and see that moss leads us to a serious playoff contender, would you want him then? How can you not want a freak of an athlete. He is actually a decent guy, I've seen some serious interviews with him and I believe that Randy Moss will be the one that comes to GB. He'd be a better teammate than Charles Woodson, who is a *********** weirdo and only has two friends on the team.I hope you realize that randy moss admited to having absolutly no friends

sik wit it
01-17-2007, 06:42 PM
if we could look into the future and see that moss leads us to a serious playoff contender, would you want him then? How can you not want a freak of an athlete. He is actually a decent guy, I've seen some serious interviews with him and I believe that Randy Moss will be the one that comes to GB. He'd be a better teammate than Charles Woodson, who is a *********** weirdo and only has two friends on the team.I hope you realize that randy moss admited to having absolutly no friends
when?? He comes across as more of a people person.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Woodson has two friends on the team, yeah... ok... Well on a football team you don't have to "friends" with everybody, just be a friendly person which I'm sure he is, you think Brett Favre plays tag with the guys every week?

70challenger457
01-17-2007, 07:28 PM
when?? He comes across as more of a people person.it was in a interview with espn the magazine a couple of years ago, I think it was in his first year with the raiders, he admitted to it being very sad

LickaMahfeetz
01-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Ginn is an awesome KR too though...people tend to forget about that. That means he is likely a playmaker in the open field AND can return kicks for us, filling another need.

So you want to spend a 1st on a kick returner? no thanks

LickaMahfeetz
01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
My sister works at Target and said that Charles Woodson and a woman went into a changing room and after they left, one of the workers went into the changing room to find jizz soaked lingerie

70challenger457
01-17-2007, 07:56 PM
My sister works at Target and said that Charles Woodson and a woman went into a changing room and after they left, one of the workers went into the changing room to find jizz soaked lingeriethat made me laugh

jackalope
01-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Woodson has two friends on the team, yeah... ok... Well on a football team you don't have to "friends" with everybody, just be a friendly person which I'm sure he is, you think Brett Favre plays tag with the guys every week?i've heard Woodson hangs out with Harris, Collins, and Rob Davis.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Woodson has two friends on the team, yeah... ok... Well on a football team you don't have to "friends" with everybody, just be a friendly person which I'm sure he is, you think Brett Favre plays tag with the guys every week?i've heard Woodson hangs out with Harris, Collins, and Rob Davis.mhm. alright. rob davis? that was random. i see harris and collins but davis? haha kind of odd

70challenger457
01-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Woodson has two friends on the team, yeah... ok... Well on a football team you don't have to "friends" with everybody, just be a friendly person which I'm sure he is, you think Brett Favre plays tag with the guys every week?i've heard Woodson hangs out with Harris, Collins, and Rob Davis.mhm. alright. rob davis? that was random. i see harris and collins but davis? haha kind of oddhey maybe he's a cool guy

ny10804
01-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Woodson has two friends on the team, yeah... ok... Well on a football team you don't have to "friends" with everybody, just be a friendly person which I'm sure he is, you think Brett Favre plays tag with the guys every week?i've heard Woodson hangs out with Harris, Collins, and Rob Davis.mhm. alright. rob davis? that was random. i see harris and collins but davis? haha kind of oddhey maybe he's a cool guy
Rob Davis strikes me as a mix between Mr. T and Cerrano from Major League...

TitleTown088
01-18-2007, 12:11 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070117/PKR01/70117175/1989
Mckenzie is being interviewed by the Titans for the GM spot.

sik wit it
01-18-2007, 12:38 PM
He looks a lot like Suge Knight
http://www.projectwasted.com/CelebMug/Suge_Knight.jpg

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/264433.jpg

Pack_Attack_4
01-18-2007, 01:01 PM
He looks a lot like Suge Knight
http://www.projectwasted.com/CelebMug/Suge_Knight.jpg

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/264433.jpg

lol, There twins

RockJock07
01-18-2007, 01:57 PM
I don't care where Woodsen spreads his seed, MAKE INT'S, that's all people care about. Yes there are some bad seeds on the team, but like i've said, that's sports.

Secondly, if TT gives up the 1st and 2nd for Moss i'd be irrate. Way to much, what happened to the a 2nd and Fergie?

scott has the Packers taking Jerrett? I like the pick

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-18-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't care where Woodsen spreads his seed, MAKE INT'S, that's all people care about. Yes there are some bad seeds on the team, but like i've said, that's sports.

Secondly, if TT gives up the 1st and 2nd for Moss i'd be irrate. Way to much, what happened to the a 2nd and Fergie?

scott has the Packers taking Jerrett? I like the pickit would be us giving a first and a player for a second and moss. and it was a third and fergie i had thought

Pack_Attack_4
01-18-2007, 02:41 PM
What does every1 think of the new mock draft, getiing jarrett instead of lynch in the 1st and greg olsen in the 2nd. Personally i dont want a WR is round 1 and we nedd a DB in the second.

GB12
01-18-2007, 02:47 PM
What does every1 think of the new mock draft, getiing jarrett instead of lynch in the 1st and greg olsen in the 2nd. Personally i dont want a WR is round 1 and we nedd a DB in the second.

I don't really want a WR in the first either, but if we do Jarret is the right shoice. We do not need a DB in round 2, Olsen was a great pick.

Pack_Attack_4
01-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Id like to get Lynch in the 1st and Aron Ross in the second if he walls that far.But we all Know TT isa trade freak so who knows what pics will have.

jackalope
01-18-2007, 04:34 PM
i'd be extremely happy with Lynch in the first and Olsen in the 2nd.

jpapa4490
01-18-2007, 04:40 PM
The only reason he had us picking jarret is because Lynch went a pick ahead of us. not all for jarret but if lynch is gone its up in the air for TT IMO so i wouldnt mind jarret in that case.

Pack_Attack_4
01-18-2007, 05:32 PM
i was on profootballtalk.com and i saw this, thy said thy saw it in an article.

AJ: "Well no disrespect to Derrick Brooks. But I am more than that type of player. I know when it is all said and done that you will be able to look at myself and a player like Derrick Brooks and put me way past him, I'll be up there with Ray Lewis."

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-18-2007, 05:36 PM

AJ: "Well no disrespect to Derrick Brooks. But I am more than that type of player. I know when it is all said and done that you will be able to look at myself and a player like Derrick Brooks and put me way past him, I'll be up there with Ray Lewis."link? i didnt know there was anything else but rumors on that site...

Whistler6
01-18-2007, 06:17 PM
good...I like Hawk being confident. He def has the talent to be up there. Actually he is the same size as Ray Lewis. 6 foot 1 and 250 lbs.

NickCollins36
01-18-2007, 06:32 PM
and here i was thinking hawk was modest...lol

jpapa4490
01-18-2007, 06:44 PM
and here i was thinking hawk was modest...lol

You don't get to be an NFL linbacker being modest your good or your not and AJ, my friend is a good and will be great linebacker and what makes it better is that he knows it.

ny10804
01-18-2007, 06:46 PM
I'd really like to see a link to that quote...

sik wit it
01-18-2007, 07:10 PM
if hawk became as good as ray ray, i'd prolly preemie in my pants

70challenger457
01-18-2007, 07:28 PM
if hawk became as good as ray ray, i'd prolly preemie in my pantsI got the camera waiting then :lol: :lol:

TitleTown088
01-18-2007, 07:58 PM
sherman houstons OC.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070118/PKR01/70118074/1989

sik wit it
01-18-2007, 08:18 PM
sherman houstons OC.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070118/PKR01/70118074/1989
good for him

70challenger457
01-18-2007, 08:38 PM
I always thought he was the OC, I guess I was wrong

jackalope
01-18-2007, 09:16 PM
I always thought he was the OC, I guess I was wronghe used to be OL coach/assistant HC

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets
01-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Any chance Marshawn slips pass you guys?

GB12
01-18-2007, 10:34 PM

Yes, but not much. Very few guys I'd want instead.

TitleTown088
01-19-2007, 02:42 AM

i don't know how Green bay could pass on him..

nbarnett56
01-19-2007, 10:00 AM

i don't know how Green bay could pass on him..

I hope not. Even though we run the zone blocking scheme I feel like he would be the best pick for us. We need to someone at RB for when Rodgers does take over and Lynch would provide that IMO.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-19-2007, 10:07 AM

AJ: "Well no disrespect to Derrick Brooks. But I am more than that type of player. I know when it is all said and done that you will be able to look at myself and a player like Derrick Brooks and put me way past him, I'll be up there with Ray Lewis."

I just looked all over the site to find that and couldn't, cause I don't believe he said it, but anyway, Derrick Brooks and Ray Lewis are both guaranteed Hall of Famers for anybody who doesn't know, they'd be two of the starting linebackers if we made an All Pro team for the last 15 years.

TitleTown088
01-19-2007, 10:26 AM

Your a female?

Pack_Attack_4
01-19-2007, 10:50 AM

I just looked all over the site to find that and couldn't, cause I don't believe he said it, but anyway, Derrick Brooks and Ray Lewis are both guaranteed Hall of Famers for anybody who doesn't know, they'd be two of the starting linebackers if we made an All Pro team for the last 15 years.
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76104
my bad its on prosportsdaily.com

nbarnett56
01-19-2007, 10:58 AM

And they got it off profootballtalk.com which isn't known for accurate news. Not saying that he didn't say it but that site has been wrong before.

Pack_Attack_4
01-19-2007, 11:59 AM

And they got it off profootballtalk.com which isn't known for accurate news. Not saying that he didn't say it but that site has been wrong before.

Well i was just posting it, but i hope AJ does turn out to be a player like Ray.

nbarnett56
01-19-2007, 12:16 PM

Well i was just posting it, but i hope AJ does turn out to be a player like Ray.

I think he will be more like a Keith Bulluck. I view Hawk as a guy who can rack up 130+ tackles, 3-5 sacks, 1-3 INTs, 5 FFs, and 10 passes defensed a season type of player.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-19-2007, 12:17 PM
He's sure catching a lot of hate on there :lol: , if he even did the interview the guy who put the quote up obviously didn't put up the whole thing, it's just a fragment. He probably said something like" No disrespect to Derrick Brooks but I think I got a chance to be on Ray Lewis' level" He put it on there saying that he's already better than D Brooks, which I HIGHLY doubt he said.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-19-2007, 12:19 PM
If Hawk ever moved to Middle Linebacker he would be a lot like Ray Lewis, they're very similar players and same body type too, I agree with the Bullock comparison since he plays outside.

sik wit it
01-19-2007, 12:30 PM

Your a female?
last time i checked my name wasn't cardsalltheway

TitleTown088
01-19-2007, 02:08 PM

Your a female?

well then, how are you going to give birth a premature child? :|

ImBrotherCain
01-19-2007, 02:11 PM

Your a female?

Its a premature ejac

TitleTown088
01-19-2007, 02:24 PM

Your a female?

Its a premature ejac

I C.

sik wit it
01-19-2007, 03:06 PM
so who you guys got for this weekends games?
I'm thinking Colts v Saints....Saints win the SB playing for the city.

GB12
01-19-2007, 03:22 PM

That's what I want but don't think It'll happen. Bears-Pats and another New England Superbowl. :x There is no other team than the Saints that I would be ok with winning.

Patriots-Already won too many
Bears-Kind of obvious
Colts-I don't want Manning to win one.

TitleTown088
01-19-2007, 04:35 PM

That's what I want but don't think It'll happen. Bears-Pats and another New England Superbowl. :x There is no other team than the Saints that I would be ok with winning.

Patriots-Already won too many
Bears-Kind of obvious
Colts-I don't want Manning to win one.
yeah, i agree 100% . there is a 1/4 chance i will be happy with the victorious party.

jackalope
01-19-2007, 04:52 PM
i would hate so much for a Patriots-Bears super bowl. i'm hoping NO over Indy. NO is the only team i want to win.

i agree that the Hawk quote was likely taken out of context. i doubt he said that.

Whistler6
01-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Hey I got a question for all you guys/girls. Would you rather have the #5 pick last year or have the #5 pick this year. There are some elite players up top this year and we coulda got a really good player. Also, there were some good prospects went mid-1st round last year. I love Hawk no doubt, just wondering what everyone thinks.

????

nbarnett56
01-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey I got a question for all you guys/girls. Would you rather have the #5 pick last year or have the #5 pick this year. There are some elite players up top this year and we coulda got a really good player. Also, there were some good prospects went mid-1st round last year. I love Hawk no doubt, just wondering what everyone thinks.

????
Last season I wanted Vernon Davis and I still stand by that.

I am happy with Hawk and feel like he still has some potential to become even better but I believe that Davis is going to be a freak at TE once he figures out the NFL game. These are the only 2 guys I wanted at #5, aside from Reggie Bush and Mario Williams who were already selected.

If I had to chose which pick in which year I'd probably say this year because we could either get a RB or DE.

ImBrotherCain
01-19-2007, 06:39 PM

????

Ill answer that when you answer: Are the players in last years draft still on the team, like AJ and Jennings?

Whistler6
01-19-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm not sure what you meant by that. I am thrilled to have Hawk. I wanted him from the beginning of last year till the second we pick. Vernon Davis woulda been the flashy pick but Hawk is gonna be a consistent 100+ tackler. I love everything about him.

Althoug this year we coulda possibly grabbed Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Anderson, the big Mich DT, etc...I think the fact that we already* know Hawk is good and will only get better, makes me completely happy with how things went down

ImBrotherCain
01-19-2007, 08:23 PM
What i ment is you said would you rather have the 5th pick last year or this year, and i made it complicated by asking if we would have the players we drafted last year.... so what i ment was like if we went in to this upcoming draft and had last years class of players or the upcoming class of rookies.

Well if we could do last years draft and still have AJ and Greg... i would take last years class because of the depth at CB, HB and TE, we could have got a great TE and a good person in the secondary like Jimmy Williams... But Thats my oppinion

jackalope
01-19-2007, 08:33 PM
i'd take last year. we got Hawk, who was a great pick and will be a star. this year i think we can get someone good at 16.

Pack_Attack_4
01-19-2007, 11:23 PM
i'd take last year. we got Hawk, who was a great pick and will be a star. this year i think we can get someone good at 16.

I agree Hawk is going to be a beast for years,and if we get Lynch with the 16 pic this year that would be a steal.

sik wit it
01-19-2007, 11:25 PM
it'd be pretty damn hard to beat the draft we had this year. Time will tell though

RockJock07
01-20-2007, 02:27 AM
I love last years draft. Cory Rodgers didn't pan out but other then that, it was the best in the last 5-6 years for the pack.

I'd still rather have Hawk. we saw some flashes this season of the player he's going to be, the only question is how fast will he get there. Although with the play of the TE's, Davis would have been a solid pick too.

This year's draft is so stacked that top 10 talent can be found into the 20's plus there are so many other really good prospects that could be found in the middle round. Hopefuly TT can do some damage this year aswell.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-20-2007, 09:27 AM
if we picked up ginn would you guys like to see him on defense as well? if we could coach him up there he would be a great value at 16 to be able to play every aspect of the game..we do need a corner as well as a returner and depth at wr.

if he can play both ways then i would definitly hope to pick him up at 16

ImBrotherCain
01-20-2007, 09:36 AM
if we picked up ginn would you guys like to see him on defense as well? if we could coach him up there he would be a great value at 16 to be able to play every aspect of the game..we do need a corner as well as a returner and depth at wr.

Ginn did play CB in high school... but that was a long time ago

Pack_Attack_4
01-20-2007, 09:38 AM

Did he play CB in college at all?

ImBrotherCain
01-20-2007, 09:43 AM

Not sure i know he never played WR till college he was recruited as a CB, he might have played a bit his freshman year but prob not alot

Pack_Attack_4
01-20-2007, 09:57 AM

Not sure i know he never played WR till college he was recruited as a CB, he might have played a bit his freshman year but prob not alot

I dont think we sould take him in the 1st we need a player that can come in and make an impact right away, some1 like Lynch

nbarnett56
01-20-2007, 10:07 AM

Why not just take the best CB available then?

NickCollins36
01-20-2007, 10:18 AM
I hope Lynch falls to us at 16 he is my dream pick as of now

ImBrotherCain
01-20-2007, 10:28 AM

I dont think we sould take him in the 1st we need a player that can come in and make an impact right away, some1 like Lynch

Ginn is a good college player and has a ton of potential.... I think of him like Primetime, able to play CB,KR,WR. But hes a project because he is still very unpolished and i wouldnt take him unless Lynch was gone and we traded down

jackalope
01-20-2007, 12:03 PM
i don't want a Ginn at 16 in the least. if Jarrett is there i wouldn't even want him too much.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-20-2007, 12:05 PM

Ginn is a good college player and has a ton of potential.... I think of him like Primetime, able to play CB,KR,WR. But hes a project because he is still very unpolished and i wouldnt take him unless Lynch was gone and we traded downexactly. hes only played WR for three years of his life. i see him as a primetime type of player as well. as to the statement about taking best CB available...it is a very weak class for CB's there is one clear cut top talent and there are tons of others competing for the second CB spot. so if we had any intentions of letting ginn play CB i would say pick him up at 16 for sure. You have to remember that he was the top cb prospect going into college but with all the talent in the secondary tressell moved him to wr to utilize his world class speed. no point in having that ride the pine for a year.

01-20-2007, 12:35 PM
There is no way if we took Ginn we should play him at CB. You just don't throw a rookie into a position that he has never played at a high level. There's a huge difference between playing CB in high school than playing it in college or even the pro's. Almost all good players played both way's in high school but chose the one position.

If we got Ginn and put him at CB, it would be the same as putting AJ Hawk at FB or putting Spitz at DT. The Packers or any other team would never put a rookie in that type of situation.

GB12
01-20-2007, 12:43 PM
There is no way if we took Ginn we should play him at CB. You just don't throw a rookie into a position that he has never played at a high level. There's a huge difference between playing CB in high school than playing it in college or even the pro's. Almost all good players played both way's in high school but chose the one position.

If we got Ginn and put him at CB, it would be the same as putting AJ Hawk at FB or putting Spitz at DT. The Packers or any other team would never put a rookie in that type of situation.

Exactly. Where we he play at CB anyway? He's definately not starting over Harris or Woodson, either Dendy or Underwood will get the nickleback with the other getting dime. He wouldn't play anywhere if we did move him, and there isn't a need to draft a CB this year.

ImBrotherCain
01-20-2007, 12:57 PM

Exactly. Where we he play at CB anyway? He's definately not starting over Harris or Woodson, either Dendy or Underwood will get the nickleback with the other getting dime. He wouldn't play anywhere if we did move him, and there isn't a need to draft a CB this year.

I dont think hes saying that we should start him at corner he is just talking about the talent Ginn has. He is a Primetime type player hes a decent WR, Great KR and no one knows how he is at CB but the fact is that he has the tallent to do all three. Its kinda like Vince Young.... All the talent in the world but it will take time to develop(well Vince sure shot down that scouting report) The fact is that if we are looking for a HUGE potential kinda guy, then we have to take Ginn, but if we are looking for an impact player then we have to look at Lynch

ImBrotherCain
01-20-2007, 01:00 PM
My main thing is that what happens if Lynch is gone, couldnt we trade down a couple spots and still get a good player, along the lines of Jarret or Ginn

Boston
01-20-2007, 01:14 PM
My main thing is that what happens if Lynch is gone, couldnt we trade down a couple spots and still get a good player, along the lines of Jarret or Ginn

If Lynch isn't there, i'd want Nelson or Landry.

GB12
01-20-2007, 02:23 PM

If Lynch is gone for me it'd be

1.Landry
2.Jarret
3.Okoye

**For any Brewer fans, I just posted a huge write up in the MLB thread**

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-20-2007, 03:19 PM

I dont think hes saying that we should start him at corner he is just talking about the talent Ginn has. He is a Primetime type player hes a decent WR, Great KR and no one knows how he is at CB but the fact is that he has the tallent to do all three. Its kinda like Vince Young.... All the talent in the world but it will take time to develop(well Vince sure shot down that scouting report) The fact is that if we are looking for a HUGE potential kinda guy, then we have to take Ginn, but if we are looking for an impact player then we have to look at Lynchyeah in no way did i mean to throw him to the wolves from day one. i meant as a develepmental project, we can use him as kr and wr from day one and toy with the idea of him taking snaps on defense

GB12
01-20-2007, 03:22 PM

I dont think hes saying that we should start him at corner he is just talking about the talent Ginn has. He is a Primetime type player hes a decent WR, Great KR and no one knows how he is at CB but the fact is that he has the tallent to do all three. Its kinda like Vince Young.... All the talent in the world but it will take time to develop(well Vince sure shot down that scouting report) The fact is that if we are looking for a HUGE potential kinda guy, then we have to take Ginn, but if we are looking for an impact player then we have to look at Lynchyeah in no way did i mean to throw him to the wolves from day one. i meant as a develepmental project, we can use him as kr and wr from day one and toy with the idea of him taking snaps on defense

I don't think that's what we need though. A guy that is ready right away instead of someone with potential that needs work would be better for us, especially if Favre comes back. Jarret is the only WR that I would consider in round one. I think we can get a WR later and it's not as big of a need as some of you seem to think.

nildo68
01-20-2007, 07:25 PM

If Lynch is gone for me it'd be

1.Landry
2.Jarret
3.Okoye

**For any Brewer fans, I just posted a huge write up in the MLB thread**

I am starting to dislike Lynch, but I still feel that he is most likely gonna be a Packer
If Lynch is gone for me
1. Nelson
2. Landry
3. Trade down for extra picks and then they could still select Griffin and another WR or TE or whatever is available.

As you can tell, I love the top 3 safeties in the Draft and I would not be mad if one of them was in Green Bay. Of course at the right spot so it is not a reach.

johbur
01-20-2007, 07:47 PM
I like Scott's new mock. Jarrett in R1, Olsen in R2. Those two in the receiving game, in addition to the receivers already on the squad would be setting up the offense for success for many years, regardless of Favre's decision.

Then an R3 safety, an R4 RB, an R5 CB, an R6 OL, and an R7 FB.

Now, TT is likley, given his Hx, to trade down a couple times, but that's OK with me as he's shown he has a good eye for talent that others passed on, like Tony Moll and the UDFA guys.

ImBrotherCain
01-20-2007, 07:48 PM

I don't think that's what we need though. A guy that is ready right away instead of someone with potential that needs work would be better for us, especially if Favre comes back. Jarret is the only WR that I would consider in round one. I think we can get a WR later and it's not as big of a need as some of you seem to think.

Oh i understand WR is not a huge need but we have to understand players like Ginn come once in a Generation, he has the potential to be even deadlyer than Bush. It just has to be taken in to consideration the posiblities of Ginn. I mean would you have taken Deion Sanders in his prime... cause i sure as hell would of. This guy has the tallent to be better than Primetime him self and who knows this guy could come out and have a fantastic year next year like Vince did this year and he would catch all the critics with their feet in their mouths.

Dont get me wrong i think that Lynch is too hard to pass on if he is still on the board but if hes not; the secondary in this draft is nothing to rave about. There are no Sharpers or Reeds or Pala.... The steelers guy (lol). I just think that if Lynch is gone we need to take a good look at Ginn and say can we pass this type of player up?

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-20-2007, 08:02 PM

Oh i understand WR is not a huge need but we have to understand players like Ginn come once in a Generation, he has the potential to be even deadlyer than Bush. It just has to be taken in to consideration the posiblities of Ginn. I mean would you have taken Deion Sanders in his prime... cause i sure as hell would of. This guy has the tallent to be better than Primetime him self and who knows this guy could come out and have a fantastic year next year like Vince did this year and he would catch all the critics with their feet in their mouths.

Dont get me wrong i think that Lynch is too hard to pass on if he is still on the board but if hes not; the secondary in this draft is nothing to rave about. There are no Sharpers or Reeds or Pala.... The steelers guy (lol). I just think that if Lynch is gone we need to take a good look at Ginn and say can we pass this type of player up?yeah thats what i was saying we just need to think about it. he is so explosive and just with the added possibility of him playing cb as well as kr and wr its just hard to pass on a guy who has that much upside

on another note. what do you guys think about peters? the safety out of hawaii?

ImBrotherCain
01-21-2007, 10:23 AM
I think if we are going to take a Safety in a later round i think we have to look at Aaron Rouse...

This is from my perspective as a VTech fan; he has one of the best work ethics ive seen, hard hitter and very fast, Played linebacker for 2 years and was moved to safety where he had 2 great seasons, leader of the best defense, stats wise in college this year. Can come up and stop the run, and can play in the box if we need him too, was never really injured... i think this guy would be a steal in round 3, it would adress our needs at HB, TE and DB/LB (where ever he plays)

This is how i think we should draft (if every one is still on the board)
1st: M.Lynch
2nd: G.Olsen
3rd: A. Rouse

nextyear5
01-21-2007, 03:24 PM
You guys see that there's gonna be a new team called the Minnesota Viqueens? I'm serious. It's a team in a female league. Funny stuff

TitleTown088
01-21-2007, 03:42 PM
You guys see that there's gonna be a new team called the Minnesota Viqueens? I'm serious. It's a team in a female league. Funny stuff

How can there be two viqueens?

nextyear5
01-21-2007, 03:43 PM

How can there be two viqueens?

BAM

70challenger457
01-21-2007, 05:09 PM
I think if we are going to take a Safety in a later round i think we have to look at Aaron Rouse...

This is from my perspective as a VTech fan; he has one of the best work ethics ive seen, hard hitter and very fast, Played linebacker for 2 years and was moved to safety where he had 2 great seasons, leader of the best defense, stats wise in college this year. Can come up and stop the run, and can play in the box if we need him too, was never really injured... i think this guy would be a steal in round 3, it would adress our needs at HB, TE and DB/LB (where ever he plays)

3rd: A. Rousethat would be my ideal mock. I've always been one to trust a fans word more than a scouts because scouts care more about 40 while fans just watch them play. Just like if you would have asked me about Antaj Hawthorn, I would have told you the guy will be nothing in the NFL

jackalope
01-21-2007, 06:49 PM

3rd: A. RouseRouse sounds good. that would be a solid mock.

i saw a great Pacers draft in someone's mock on the forums today...

1 R. Nelson
2 Z. Miller
3 M. Bush

doubt it they'll fall to us but that's be great.

70challenger457
01-21-2007, 07:59 PM
By M. Bush do you mean Michel bush?

jackalope
01-21-2007, 07:59 PM
By M. Bush do you mean Michel bush?yeah, sorry

RockJock07
01-21-2007, 08:11 PM
If Lynch isn't there, I agree, take best defensive player, and then Get Bush in 2nd. I know people don't like Bush but I really do.

Any news on the Secondary coach? Schotty is still around but I haven't seen anything on a replacement.

Looking at the FA's, Cato June would be ideal and Eric Johnson would be good to replace Franks

70challenger457
01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
By M. Bush do you mean Michel bush?yeah, sorryno, I was just wondering because I think it be really dumb to make such an unrealistic mock

ImBrotherCain
01-21-2007, 11:19 PM
By M. Bush do you mean Michel bush?yeah, sorryno, I was just wondering because I think it be really dumb to make such an unrealistic mock

Umm do you both mean the HB from Louisville cause thats spelled Michael.... i was just confused cause i thought there was maybe another M.Bush that i dont know about.

ImBrotherCain
01-21-2007, 11:28 PM
But im seriously intrested in a possiable cornner pick up in this years FA, I dont know who will be a Free agent but if we could could get a solid cover corner we could move woodson to a Safety... I think that sounds promising...

Im also very intrigued with the thought of Ginn at 16, i see some serious potential out of him and as i said in a previous post, the idea of him playing WR, KR, and some CB makes me take a second look at him... im starting to like this pick up instead of Lynch (Yea im crazy i know!) I mean the Titans drafted Young knowing he was gonna be a project but he could be the next superstar in a couple years, i think our RB's are ok enough to take this chance. IDK i just cant turn away... theres something there that makes me go "hummm.... Maybe" I just think that he is deff. climbing on my boards due to the Primetime compairisons (just more WR based then CB based)

Ok im done with my ranting and raving

I would like some feedback on this though.

umphrey
01-22-2007, 12:03 AM
It is unlikely that Woodson moves to safety. If he did (which would be highly unlikely IMO) he would be a FS and Collins would move to SS, but I don't see them moving around 2 players making each of them less valuable when they could just find another SS or stick it out with Manuel another year. Underwood could still compete as well.

TitleTown088
01-22-2007, 12:33 AM
after reading this article no one should doubt him.. :wink:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/michael_silver/03/18/silver.arod/index.html

PACKmanN
01-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Sorry but i feel that Nelson is a one year wonder. I would rather trade down and take Griffin.

1. Micheal Griffin S
2a. Zach Miller TE
2b. Earl Everett OLB
3. Darius Walker RB
4. Jacoby Jones WR
5. Drew Tate QB
6. John Talley CB
7. Renardo Foster OT

TitleTown088
01-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Sorry but i feel that Nelson is a one year wonder. I would rather trade down and take Griffin.

1. Micheal Griffin S
2a. Zach Miller TE
2b. Earl Everett OLB
3. Darius Walker RB
4. Jacoby Jones WR
5. Drew Tate QB
6. John Talley CB
7. Renardo Foster OT
LB addressed before RB, WR, and CB? no me gusta.

PacMan
01-22-2007, 10:05 AM
on foxsports.com, there's a rumor saying vick for moss, porter, and the #1 overall pick.. r u kidding me? this can't be true. cuz if it is oakland is getting riiiiiiipppppppppeeeeddddd off. there's no way that could be even remotely true.

umphrey
01-22-2007, 11:32 AM
There's rumors about Vick having to compete for the starting job in ATL and everyone knows Moss and Porter want out of OAK so thats where that half baked rumor came from

Pack_Attack_4
01-22-2007, 12:41 PM
on foxsports.com, there's a rumor saying vick for moss, porter, and the #1 overall pick.. r u kidding me? this can't be true. cuz if it is oakland is getting riiiiiiipppppppppeeeeddddd off. there's no way that could be even remotely true..

worst trade ever

SimonRath
01-22-2007, 12:44 PM
on foxsports.com, there's a rumor saying vick for moss, porter, and the #1 overall pick.. r u kidding me? this can't be true. cuz if it is oakland is getting riiiiiiipppppppppeeeeddddd off. there's no way that could be even remotely true..

worst trade ever

Dont think this will ever happen... But the falcons might not mind it..

nextyear5
01-22-2007, 01:43 PM
But im seriously intrested in a possiable cornner pick up in this years FA, I dont know who will be a Free agent but if we could could get a solid cover corner we could move woodson to a Safety... I think that sounds promising...

Im also very intrigued with the thought of Ginn at 16, i see some serious potential out of him and as i said in a previous post, the idea of him playing WR, KR, and some CB makes me take a second look at him... im starting to like this pick up instead of Lynch (Yea im crazy i know!) I mean the Titans drafted Young knowing he was gonna be a project but he could be the next superstar in a couple years, i think our RB's are ok enough to take this chance. IDK i just cant turn away... theres something there that makes me go "hummm.... Maybe" I just think that he is deff. climbing on my boards due to the Primetime compairisons (just more WR based then CB based)

Ok im done with my ranting and raving

I would like some feedback on this though.
The main reason Woodson chose Green Bay over Tampa is because GB would let him play corner while Tampa wanted him to play safety.

aic4ever
01-22-2007, 01:56 PM
on foxsports.com, there's a rumor saying vick for moss, porter, and the #1 overall pick.. r u kidding me? this can't be true. cuz if it is oakland is getting riiiiiiipppppppppeeeeddddd off. there's no way that could be even remotely true.

wow that would be almost as sick as the fleecing the chargers handed the falcons for vick at the draft...

imagine schaub with that running game and those receivers...atlanta would be a force...

although i can't imagine why they think they'd need to do this when they could just draft jamarcus russel...

TitleTown088
01-22-2007, 02:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2aupzbEnaU

ny10804
01-22-2007, 02:30 PM

Oscar?

TitleTown088
01-22-2007, 02:30 PM

Oscar?

i think one is in order.

PacMan
01-22-2007, 03:08 PM
"I'm in town to play the Dolphins ya dumbass."

ny10804
01-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Some of the players from the Senior Bowl who I'm interested in:

Kenny Irons, RB
5'10 7/8, 198
Could be a good pickup in the second round. He has nice size for our scheme.

Dwayne Bowe, WR
6'2 1/4, 222
Ideal size for the WCO, if his hands are good and he can run below a 4.55, he could be a very good pick in the second round if he's still available -- since that's unlikely, we could trade down to the late first/early second to take him.

Amobi Okoye, DT
6'2 even, 287
His frame could support more weight, but he does better with less weight. Has a very similar build to Tommie Harris when he came out -- he was 6'3 287. Doesn't need his weight to be successful. I'm hoping he lasts to the 16th pick.

Michael Griffin, S
5'11 1/2, 195
Compact and fast. Would start immediately. Similar build to Nick Collins, if we traded down for him, we'd pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder, and allow Nick to slide over to SS. Not to mention pushing Manuel to the bench.

Aaron Rouse, S
6'3 5/8, 218
His size scares me -- I doubt he could run below a 4.65. If he can, he becomes a very interesting option for the second round. If not, his speed would be to similar to Manuel, and that turns me off largely.

Tubby
01-22-2007, 07:25 PM
So, describe your young guns. I dont need to know about Jennings, but where do your young players rank among the top young players in the NFL?

If you are going to tell me about any, tell me about the LB's and the O-linemen

Nitschke-Hawk
01-22-2007, 07:34 PM

Kenny Irons, RB
5'10 7/8, 198

Dwayne Bowe, WR
6'2 1/4, 222
Ideal size for the WCO, if his hands are good and he can run below a 4.55, he could be a very good pick in the second round if he's still available -- since that's unlikely, we could trade down to the late first/early second to take him.

Amobi Okoye, DT
6'2 even, 287
His frame could support more weight, but he does better with less weight. Has a very similar build to Tommie Harris when he came out -- he was 6'3 287. Doesn't need his weight to be successful. I'm hoping he lasts to the 16th pick.

Michael Griffin, S
5'11 1/2, 195
Compact and fast. Would start immediately. Similar build to Nick Collins, if we traded down for him, we'd pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder, and allow Nick to slide over to SS. Not to mention pushing Manuel to the bench.

Aaron Rouse, S
6'3 5/8, 218
His size scares me -- I doubt he could run below a 4.65. If he can, he becomes a very interesting option for the second round. If not, his speed would be to similar to Manuel, and that turns me off largely.

Some good prospects, one thing though is that Griffin is maybe even more of a Strong Safety than Collins, and he doesn't have Collins' range because he's less of an athlete but far superior athlete than Manuel. I don't know if he'd be better than Manuel in his first year but in the long run he definitely would be.

jpapa4490
01-22-2007, 07:35 PM
So, describe your young guns. I dont need to know about Jennings, but where do your young players rank among the top young players in the NFL?

Hawk has to be up there. Jennings will be a stud in 2 years. I think our line has the potential to mold together and be a force for quite some time

Tubby
01-22-2007, 07:39 PM

Hawk has to be up there. Jennings will be a stud in 2 years. I think our line has the potential to mold together and be a force for quite some time

I need to know about specific players

ny10804
01-22-2007, 07:45 PM

Nick Barnett (25) is already among the upper half of Mike LBs in the NFL. His best stength is his speed. His instincts are good, but he can be impulsive -- has a lot of missed tackles. But that should improve with age. He's a leader and very valuable to this defense. His tackling #s declined with the addition of Hawk, but overall it has made him a more effective player.

AJ Hawk (23) could very likely be a pro-bowler next year. He will be one of the best in the game in 3 years. He's strong, quick, very instictive, and rarely misses tackles.

The interior, Scott Wells (26), Daryn Collegde (24), and Jason Spitz (24) will be together for a long time. I'd say that within 4 years, this group will be among the top-10 (interior) O-lines.

Cullen Jenkins (26) was dominant since he became the starter at RE. He's not quite strong enough to be a run-stopper at DT, but is very valuable at that ability when he's lined up as a DE. His pass rush is very good for a DT, above average as a DE. He has a very bright future.

Nick Collins (23) has very great potential. He's fast enough to be a CB, and hits like a LB. He has a tendency to drop some easy INTs. His biggest problems are mental -- he sometimes brain farts on coverages.

Hope that helps...

ImBrotherCain
01-22-2007, 07:48 PM

Kenny Irons, RB
5'10 7/8, 198

Dwayne Bowe, WR
6'2 1/4, 222

Amobi Okoye, DT
6'2 even, 287

Michael Griffin, S
5'11 1/2, 195

Aaron Rouse, S
6'3 5/8, 218

Rouse runs around a 4.5 they moved him from LB because he was good in coverage and fast enough.... I think he has all the potential in the world and i pray, i pray we pick him up because of the upgrade at safety he would be.... I love his motor too, he never quits and gets angry and plays even harder when he make a bad play, hes an emotional leader.

PS. Carried the Virginia Tech lunch box which ment he was the best defensive player on the team, Tapp carried that for 2 years... After he left Rouse had it all this year till they gave it to the entire defense. That is an acomplishment because of the 2 stud Junior LB's Hall and Adibi which are going to be 2 of the best LB in next years draft.

ImBrotherCain
01-22-2007, 07:56 PM
i know this is far away and could be adressed this draft but i hope that We are able to draft Xavier Adibi next year.... He is super fast and the best cover linebacker i have ever seen... He is timed around a 4.3-4.4 and could be moved to safety but i hope not...

Thats all i got for now :|

Memorex
01-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Who want to trade up for Adrien Peterson?

GB12
01-22-2007, 09:02 PM

I need to know about specific players

May I ask why? And what players? I'll give it to you more in depth if I don't have to do it for everyone of them.

70challenger457
01-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Who want to trade up for Adrien Peterson?it'd be a waste for what ever we give up because with the zone blocking scheme, you don't need super studs

ny10804
01-22-2007, 09:31 PM
GB12, it's for his draft in the fantasy forum.

Trading for AP would be a bad idea in my opinion. Lynch could be available at 16, Irons or Bush could be had in the 2nd, and Pittman is an option for the third. Just look at Addai and Maroney, both succeeded in two-back systems and were taken at 21st and 30th respectively. Any RB we draft would team up with either Ahman Green or Vernand Morency. The RB position is becoming less valuable, and we will be running a two or three back system next year anyway.

This draft is going to be very deep, especially at WR. I'd want us to stay where we're at, and trade down a few times.

roughrider30
01-22-2007, 09:36 PM

Trading for AP would be a bad idea in my opinion. Lynch could be available at 16, Irons or Bush could be had in the 2nd, and Pittman is an option for the third. Just look at Addai and Maroney, both succeeded in two-back systems and were taken at 21st and 30th respectively. Any RB we draft would team up with either Ahman Green or Vernand Morency. The RB position is becoming less valuable, and we will be running a two or three back system next year anyway.

This draft is going to be very deep, especially at WR. I'd want us to stay where we're at, and trade down a few times.

agreed, except i dont think trading down isnt as necessary this year as it was last year. our needs are more focused than they were last year.

Unless there isnt much value for the positions we want when we pick i dont think we should trade down.

ny10804
01-22-2007, 09:44 PM

agreed, except i dont think trading down isnt as necessary this year as it was last year. our needs are more focused than they were last year.

Unless there isnt much value for the positions we want when we pick i dont think we should trade down.

All I know is that TT has his draft board, and sticks to it. His draft board is much different than what we would expect; ie, he had Colledge above Winston Justice, and Jennings above Chad Jackson*. Hence the rampmant trade-downs.

It should be noted that those two made the All-Rookie team. 8)

roughrider30
01-22-2007, 09:52 PM

All I know is that TT has his draft board, and sticks to it. His draft board is much different than what we would expect; ie, he had Colledge above Winston Justice, and Jennings above Chad Jackson*. Hence the rampmant trade-downs.

It should be noted that those two made the All-Rookie team. 8)

yes, very true, TT will stick to his draft board. If thats the best option in the situation, then im all for it. Its definatley paid off in the past.

70challenger457
01-22-2007, 10:02 PM
TT is an awsome GM. The only bad desision he ever made was Manuel. But I think we all supported the signing before the season. ONly two draft picks have really flunkced out. Thats amazing for how many guys he's drafted.

GB12
01-22-2007, 10:37 PM
TT is an awsome GM. The only bad desision he ever made was Manuel. But I think we all supported the signing before the season. ONly two draft picks have really flunkced out. Thats amazing for how many guys he's drafted.

I don't see how you can call Manuel a bad decission. He isn't a great safety but he was the best option. He also improved through out the season. I would like an upgrade too, but I think that some of us are being to hard on him.

RockJock07
01-23-2007, 02:45 AM
TT built Seattle through the draft and he's doing the same thing in Green Bay. It'll be hard to top last year in my view but I'm really curious to see what he does. It wouldn't surprise me if he trades down in the 2nd to get an extra 3rd or 4th. He'll probably trade down more then once too.

I think he makes one big splash in FA. I think he'll go after Eric Johnson of Cato June. Although June may stay if the Colts win the SB.

Johnson caught 82 balls in 04 but will never see that many if the Packers sign him. The other guy who is out there is Daniel Graham.

Graham was overshadowed by Ben Watson and the Pats also have 2 other TE's that they drafted last year so I'd be surprised if they resigned him.

Some people think Marshawn Lynch is overrated but he's far from it.

04-71 carries 628 yards
05-196 carries 1246 yards
06-223 carries 1356 yards

through out college his average yards per rush was 7.1

If he's there at 16, it would be really hard to say that he wouldn't be the Packers guy.

70challenger457
01-23-2007, 10:31 AM

I don't see how you can call Manuel a bad decission. He isn't a great safety but he was the best option. He also improved through out the season. I would like an upgrade too, but I think that some of us are being to hard on him.QFT

70challenger457
01-23-2007, 10:32 AM
TT built Seattle through the draft and he's doing the same thing in Green Bay. It'll be hard to top last year in my view but I'm really curious to see what he does. It wouldn't surprise me if he trades down in the 2nd to get an extra 3rd or 4th. He'll probably trade down more then once too.

I think he makes one big splash in FA. I think he'll go after Eric Johnson of Cato June. Although June may stay if the Colts win the SB.

Johnson caught 82 balls in 04 but will never see that many if the Packers sign him. The other guy who is out there is Daniel Graham.

Graham was overshadowed by Ben Watson and the Pats also have 2 other TE's that they drafted last year so I'd be surprised if they resigned him.

04-71 carries 628 yards

If he's there at 16, it would be really hard to say that he wouldn't be the Packers guy.this is basically what I've been thinkin the entire offseason

TitleTown088
01-23-2007, 11:31 AM

04-71 carries 628 yards

If he's there at 16, it would be really hard to say that he wouldn't be the Packers guy.this is basically what I've been thinkin the entire offseason

You guys think June would translate well to the packers defense? I have my doubts about that, plus that is a **** ton of money at the LB position if they extend barnetts contract.

70challenger457
01-23-2007, 11:36 AM

04-71 carries 628 yards

You guys think June would translate well to the packers defense? I have my doubts about that, plus that is a *********** ton of money at the LB position if they extend barnetts contract.He would, the system we have utilizes smaller quicker linebackers to flow while we have the dline take up all the blockers

Whistler6
01-23-2007, 03:17 PM
I say we win 2-3 games(depending on how the Raiders do) and draft Darren Mcfadden (Reggie Bush but bigger)...what do you think??? :wink:

I'm kidding by the way

GB12
01-23-2007, 03:30 PM

04-71 carries 628 yards

You guys think June would translate well to the packers defense? I have my doubts about that, plus that is a *********** ton of money at the LB position if they extend barnetts contract.

I don't want June at all. My FA LB ratings

1.Thomas
2.Briggs

If we don't get one of those(probably won't) we stay with what we have.

sik wit it
01-23-2007, 04:15 PM
i think the stormin mormon has done a good job. He is only going to get better at pass coverage and he is a great run stuffer. We shouldn't invest so much at one position when it is fine the way it is. Spend money elsewhere TT.

ny10804
01-23-2007, 04:24 PM
What I like about Adalius Thomas is that at 270, he's big enough to come in at DE on passing downs -- making him a full time player. Not to mention he is a complete beast. This makes KGB expendable, we could cut him and give that money to Adalius. Although I'm not sure what KGB's cap hit would be...

GB12
01-23-2007, 04:31 PM
What I like about Adalius Thomas is that at 270, he's big enough to come in at DE on passing downs -- making him a full time player. Not to mention he is a complete beast. This makes KGB expendable, we could cut him and give that money to Adalius. Although I'm not sure what KGB's cap hit would be...

Yeah, the cap hit would be high enough that it's not worh cutting him. I really like Thomas though, big enough to play DE and quick enough to cover. I didn't even think about that though. He would be more worthy of the money he is going to get if he could stay in as a DE in nickle and dime situations.

70challenger457
01-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I perfer the combination of Jenkins and KGB at end than just Thomas

Nitschke-Hawk
01-23-2007, 05:00 PM
I just know that if we had him we can have one more playmaker on the field at all times if he's in the DE rotation

GB12
01-23-2007, 05:19 PM

Not play him at DE all the time. ny said that we could get rid of KGB then, which is right. Would be Kampman and Jenkins at DEs in the 4-3 with Hawk, Barnett, and Thomas at LB. Then we we go to Nickle or Dime Thomas could go to DE with Kampman to get a pass rush and Barnett and Hawk at LB to cover.

Nitschke-Hawk
01-23-2007, 05:41 PM
and Jenkins at DT

70challenger457
01-23-2007, 05:43 PM

Not play him at DE all the time. ny said that we could get rid of KGB then, which is right. Would be Kampman and Jenkins at DEs in the 4-3 with Hawk, Barnett, and Thomas at LB. Then we we go to Nickle or Dime Thomas could go to DE with Kampman to get a pass rush and Barnett and Hawk at LB to cover.I just think it'll end being too much with picking up him and cutting KGB. But if we don't drop KGB then were paying how much for a guy that doesn't play every down? When we go into dime and nicle, either AJ, Nick or Adalius is coming out. Thats a lot of money to only play on 1st and 2nd down

PACKmanN
01-23-2007, 05:57 PM
does thomas have the skills to play DE thats what matters. We dont need another KGB that only knows one move.

70challenger457
01-23-2007, 06:05 PM
does thomas have the skills to play DE thats what matters. We dont need another KGB that only knows one move.I think he's probably a better pass rusher than KGB but still I don't think it'd be worth it, plus I don't think he'd come to a team that doesn't need him all that much. We already have studs such as Kapman, Woodson, and Hawk

GB12
01-23-2007, 06:20 PM
does thomas have the skills to play DE thats what matters. We dont need another KGB that only knows one move.I think he's probably a better pass rusher than KGB but still I don't think it'd be worth it, plus I don't think he'd come to a team that doesn't need him all that much. We already have studs such as Kapman, Woodson, and Hawk

He wouldn't be a full time DE, but he plays there at times with Baltimore and can play there.

I see what your saying and we don't truely need him, but he would be a great addition. He would make or LB corps top 3 if not #1 in the league and opposed to other LBs he could do what we just talked about, so he isn't just a 2 down player. KGB would be gone after next year for sure then so we would have to have a worthless player taking up cap space. If we have to keep KGB this year it shouldn't be a big deal considering the cap space. It doesn't make sense to have him on our roster if we are going to play him, but if Thomas is going to do a better job why not let him do it even if KGB's on the team.

70challenger457
01-23-2007, 06:22 PM

He wouldn't be a full time DE, but he plays there at times with Baltimore and can play there.

I see what your saying and we don't truely need him, but he would be a great addition. He would make or LB corps top 3 if not #1 in the league and opposed to other LBs he could do what we just talked about, so he isn't just a 2 down player. KGB would be gone after next year for sure then so we would have to have a worthless player taking up cap space. If we have to keep KGB this year it shouldn't be a big deal considering the cap space. It doesn't make sense to have him on our roster if we are going to play him, but if Thomas is going to do a better job why not let him do it even if KGB's on the team.I just don't see it being realistic though, manegment doesn't see it as a need, other than money, there won't be a huge atraction to come here

GB12
01-23-2007, 06:27 PM

I see what your saying and we don't truely need him, but he would be a great addition. He would make or LB corps top 3 if not #1 in the league and opposed to other LBs he could do what we just talked about, so he isn't just a 2 down player. KGB would be gone after next year for sure then so we would have to have a worthless player taking up cap space. If we have to keep KGB this year it shouldn't be a big deal considering the cap space. It doesn't make sense to have him on our roster if we are going to play him, but if Thomas is going to do a better job why not let him do it even if KGB's on the team.I just don't see it being realistic though, manegment doesn't see it as a need, other than money, there won't be a huge atraction to come here

Well yeah,
Idon't want June at all. My FA LB ratings

1.Thomas
2.Briggs

If we don't get one of those(probably won't) we stay with what we have.
That was my orignal post that kind of started this whole thing. I don't think it will happen, I was just saying it would be a good move if we did.

jackalope
01-23-2007, 07:34 PM
there aren't really any big free agent moves i would like to see us do. i think the KGB/Jenkins combo is working and Poppinga is sufficient at LB.

ny10804
01-23-2007, 07:42 PM
My thinking is that whenever there's an All-Pro in his prime available in FA, you should take a look at him. However, this may not be Ted's, seeing as he passed on Steve Hutchinson -- a player he drafted. Actually, I think (IIRC) he was a RFA, so that may have discouraged TT. But he did sign Woodson, so you never know. Thomas would put this defense on the next level.

GB12
01-23-2007, 09:33 PM
My thinking is that whenever there's an All-Pro in his prime available in FA, you should take a look at him. However, this may not be Ted's, seeing as he passed on Steve Hutchinson -- a player he drafted. Actually, I think (IIRC) he was a RFA, so that may have discouraged TT. But he did sign Woodson, so you never know. Thomas would put this defense on the next level.

While he's in his prime he is alos 30 years old so that could discourage him aswell. I would still love to have him but it would be a four year deal at max. The reason I like Okoye so much is because while we have a good defense another impact player would have a huge effect and like you said push them to the next level. Thomas would do the same thing and save our draft pick.

I can't really see many other FAs being picked up so we should have plenty of cap room. I realize many other teams do to, but we are near the top and if money is a big part of his decission I hope we make a strong push to sign him.

ny10804
01-23-2007, 09:37 PM

While he's in his prime he is alos 30 years old so that could discourage him aswell. I would still love to have him but it would be a four year deal at max. The reason I like Okoye so much is because while we have a good defense another impact player would have a huge effect and like you said push them to the next level. Thomas would do the same thing and save our draft pick.

I can't really see many other FAs being picked up so we should have plenty of cap room. I realize many other teams do to, but we are near the top and if money is a big part of his decission I hope we make a strong push to sign him.

Random note here: I checked his profile, and he turns 30 on August 18th -- my birthday as well. It must be a sign...

TitleTown088
01-23-2007, 11:44 PM
Phil Baker (Menomonie, WI): What do you think Brett Favre will do? Stay or Retire?

Marshawn Lynch: I don't think he will retire. He has too much fight in him.
This is from an interview on espn.com. He oviously wants to play with number 4. http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=14356

TitleTown088
01-24-2007, 10:06 AM
looks like Koren might miss the 2007 season and i heard MM was saying he isn't planning on him ot be avialible.

70challenger457
01-24-2007, 10:21 AM
looks like Koren might miss the 2007 season and i heard MM was saying he isn't planning on him ot be avialible.I thought he only had to miss the first couple games?

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-24-2007, 11:58 AM
looks like Koren might miss the 2007 season and i heard MM was saying he isn't planning on him ot be avialible.I thought he only had to miss the first couple games?thats what i thought it was. he must miss as many games as he was able to play in this year

TitleTown088
01-24-2007, 12:21 PM
looks like Koren might miss the 2007 season and i heard MM was saying he isn't planning on him ot be avialible.I thought he only had to miss the first couple games?He's being charged with a felony and could face up to three years in jail.

jackalope
01-24-2007, 02:04 PM
i heard Koren accepted some sort of a plea deal. not sure what it was though. if he is out for all of next season there isn't any point of keeping him around.

EDIT: http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=556220

found this

TitleTown088
01-24-2007, 02:43 PM
i heard Koren accepted some sort of a plea deal. not sure what it was though. if he is out for all of next season there isn't any point of keeping him around.

found this

yeah, he might as well bend over backwards , grab his ankles and spell R-U-N, because he's screwed from the sound of it.

70challenger457
01-24-2007, 07:01 PM

found thisfell sorry for the guy, his life must suck right now

70challenger457
01-24-2007, 08:33 PM
so guys, who do you think is gunna step up next year and be a suprise. This year was Kapman, I think it'll be Collins next year

ny10804
01-24-2007, 09:15 PM
so guys, who do you think is gunna step up next year and be a suprise. This year was Kampman, I think it'll be Collins next year

Gotta be Cullen Jenkins. Pretty much all non-Packer fans have no idea how well he played over the last couple games. If you prorate his production in the final four games to a full 16 games, it's ver' nice. I could see him finishing with 10 sacks.

GB12
01-24-2007, 10:45 PM
so guys, who do you think is gunna step up next year and be a suprise. This year was Kampman, I think it'll be Collins next year

Gotta be Cullen Jenkins. Pretty much all non-Packer fans have no idea how well he played over the next couple years. If you prorate his production in the final four games to a full 16 games, it's ver' nice. I could see him finishing with 10 sacks.

Nice choice. I don't know about double digit sacks seeing how he will be out on most passing downs, but he should have a very good year. He'll see more time and DE might be a better position for him.

RockJock07
01-25-2007, 02:07 AM
I think that the whole OL will. They started to get it together at the end of this season. I think another year and Lynch, the Pack may start to resemble the Denver/Atlanta running game. If there is a solid running game, Driver and Jennings will have even better years.

On defense I gotta go with Jenkins too. I think that he's starting to resemble his bother and is only gonna get better.

The ideal situation would be Jenkins and Kampman at the ends and Okoye and Pickett in the middle. But with Okoye's performance this week he's as good as gone.

at this point Okoye or Lynch would be my dream picks at 16, unless Calvin Johnson slipped, which he won't. But What about Bowe, He's been outstanding in Mobile and could be there at 16 and have good value, what do you guys think about Bowe?

70challenger457
01-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Man after watching the video's of Landry, I really hope he falls to us

aic4ever
01-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Read through some of the stuff about Adalius Thomas, and I can't imagine why you'd think we'd be better off with him than Briggs.

Thomas has been playing in a 3-4 as a hybrid LB/DE, primarily focusing on rushing the passer. He hasn't had to play SLB, which is where we need an upgrade, and he wouldn't be much more help in run support at DE than KGB would be, which is where we're hurting there already. He's not really an upgrade in any way at any position, and especially for the price he would command playing for a 3-4 team.

Briggs on the other hand, is only 26, and is an absolute monster. I live in Chicago and have been watching him for quite some time. The Bears would be foolish to let him go as he allows Urlacher so much more freedom to just play in space than he's had in the past. He's great in coverage, with 20 passes defensed and 4 INTs in the past two years. He had a breakout season against the run this year, collecting 134 tackles, 113 of which were solo, again, allowing Urlacher the freedom to be the freak he is. He isn't a pass rusher, but that isn't what you want out of your SLB.

If we're talking about taking this defense to the next level, we're talking about upgrading in a realistic manner. Adalius Thomas doesn't fit our defense, Briggs does. If you put Briggs on our strong side, I think you're going to see basically the best linebacking corps in the league. I think you'd also see Barnett overrun a lot fewer tackles since he'd have strong help on both sides of him. Sacks for Barnett and Hawk likely also increase nicely. But the biggest improvement comes in the pass defense. Briggs is a monster in coverage, and would go a long way toward limiting what our decidedly poor coverage safeties have to think about.

TitleTown088
01-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Favre update..........

From today's Hattiesburg American -

Article published Jan 24, 2007
Packers' Favre getting closer to decision
By Stan Caldwell
American Sports Writer

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre said Tuesday that he has not made a decision about whether he will play next season, but he expected to speak with head coach Mike McCarthy very soon to discuss his future.

“There’s not really (a timetable),” said Favre, who makes his offseason home in Hattiesburg. “I said after the last game (Dec. 31) that I’d decide within two weeks, but I probably jumped the gun when I said that. But I’m going to call McCarthy (Tuesday) night. He left a message for me this morning.

“I don’t want to drag this out as long as I did last year.”

Last year Favre waited until late March before announcing that he would return for a 16th NFL season. He spoke briefly Tuesday after watching his daughter Brittany play basketball for Oak Grove against Hattiesburg High.

The three-time National Football League Most Valuable Player has quarterbacked the Packers for the past 15 seasons. Green Bay was 8-8 in 2006.

“I’m just trying to get as far away from it as I can right now,” Favre said. “I don’t know if I’ll ever know for sure (whether it’s time to retire).”

Empire
01-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Since TT loves to trade down and just stock pile picks, I was wondering what you guys thought of possibly taking Kevin Kolb if we have 2 or 3 3rd round picks. I know we have Rodger and Martin but Kolb really has intrigued me quite a bit. It wouldn't hurt to have a backup plan if Rodgers doesn't pan out and also if Favre retires it will give Rodgers more competition. I know it doesn't seem all that likely but it might be worth taking a look at him. Certainly TT has shown that he takes the BPA.

Thoughts?

70challenger457
01-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Since TT loves to trade down and just stock pile picks, I was wondering what you guys thought of possibly taking Kevin Kolb if we have 2 or 3 3rd round picks. I know we have Rodger and Martin but Kolb really has intrigued me quite a bit. It wouldn't hurt to have a backup plan if Rodgers doesn't pan out and also if Favre retires it will give Rodgers more competition. I know it doesn't seem all that likely but it might be worth taking a look at him. Certainly TT has shown that he takes the BPA.

Thoughts?If Farve does retire, that would leave a 3 year vet, 2 year vet, and a rookie for the QB's. Thats a little too much youth. I don't want to end up like the bears did last year and the year before

badgerfan
01-25-2007, 06:56 PM
I think that there is a very good possibility that the packers will trade down in round 1. I could see them trading down to late in the round and picking up an extra second round pick. I don't think the packers are very impressed by lynch and i think there are many players capable of being picked in the top 16. There are jsut too many playes who are top 16 material and i don't think the packers will draft any position other than WR, TE, or CB in the first round. I don't think we need a DT. we have pretty good depth there. I also think Ahman Green will be back for one more year with a potentially great running back class next year.
My ultimate draft for the first day would be:
1. (trade down) Zach Miller, TE (Big time TE who can catch and block)
2. Eric Weddle or Brandon Merriwether, CB/S (both can play safety or corner very well. they could compete for manual's job or be very good nickel corners)
2. Craig Davis, WR (A speed guy who can stretch the field)
3. Lorenzo Booker, RB (has had a very good senior bowl and has shown he can run inside and can catch the ball out of the backfield.)

TitleTown088
01-25-2007, 07:17 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/players/09/27/questions1003/t1_driver.jpg

driver

http://www.ecranlarge.com/images/cinema/news/icones/113/6b95cc41520ca72bab2f11ee8c00cee8.jpg

Mos def

just me?

70challenger457
01-25-2007, 07:37 PM
yeah, I've seen that before, it's pretty funny

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-25-2007, 07:39 PM
looks like cross between jennings and driver

TitleTown088
01-25-2007, 08:21 PM
In that pic driver also looks like he rubbed crisco all over himself.

70challenger457
01-25-2007, 08:25 PM
In that pic driver also looks like he rubbed crisco all over himself.he does look pretty greasy

01-25-2007, 08:31 PM
In that pic driver also looks like he rubbed crisco all over himself.he does look pretty greasyThere's nothing wrong with a little grease

GB12
01-25-2007, 08:49 PM

Look at his shirt it's sweat.

01-25-2007, 09:00 PM

Look at his shirt it's sweat.Don't ruin our fantasies GB, it's crisco in my mind

ny10804
01-25-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm pretty sure that he's wearing a cammo shirt...

70challenger457
01-25-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm pretty sure that he's wearing a cammo shirt...definatly cammo :lol: :lol:

GB12
01-25-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that he's wearing a cammo shirt...definatly cammo :lol: :lol:

It kind of looks like it, but now look closer to your screen. I still say sweat.

jackalope
01-26-2007, 07:26 AM
i think Favre will announce his decision next week. still have no idea what it will be though.

TitleTown088
01-26-2007, 09:44 AM
i think Favre will announce his decision next week. still have no idea what it will be though.

He said he's going to call MM back on tuesday.

RockJock07
01-26-2007, 10:00 AM
I understand that Briggs is a beast but he's going to command a boat load of money. I'd rather spend the money on something we NEED, such as a TE. Johnson and Graham are out there and I'd rather spend money on them. If TT gets Briggs i'll be really happy I just don't think he's gonna make that big of a splash, this is a draft first team now.

Badgerfan, I think they like Lynch, but i kinda agree with you, I wouldn't mind if they traded down to get an extra second, love your pics for the first day.

70challenger457
01-26-2007, 11:42 AM
I understand that Briggs is a beast but he's going to command a boat load of money. I'd rather spend the money on something we NEED, such as a TE. Johnson and Graham are out there and I'd rather spend money on them. If TT gets Briggs i'll be really happy I just don't think he's gonna make that big of a splash, this is a draft first team now.

Badgerfan, I think they like Lynch, but i kinda agree with you, I wouldn't mind if they traded down to get an extra second, love your pics for the first day.Brady Poppinga is a much better LB than Franks is a TE. TE is way more of a need, good post

aic4ever
01-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Badgerfan, I think they like Lynch, but i kinda agree with you, I wouldn't mind if they traded down to get an extra second, love your pics for the first day.Brady Poppinga is a much better LB than Franks is a TE. TE is way more of a need, good post

I would agree with this. My post was strictly a Briggs > Thomas argument. I'm not sure about Eric Johnson, though. Daniel Graham would be a better choice as far as I'm concerned. TE's in New England are a big reason why Brady is so good from a completion % standpoint. He's had no less than two studs at tight end at all times for the past few years. If we were going after a guy like Eric Johnson we might as well just pursue the trade down option that's being tossed around and bring in a talented rookie in Zach Miller. You'd get a bigger upside that way, as well as an extra pick. No underestimating the impact a guy like that could have. Heath Miller was a HUGE reason the Steelers won the Super Bowl last year.

cuzifelt1ikeit
01-26-2007, 03:00 PM
ashley lelie is going to test the open market this year you guys think we should make a run for him if the moss thing doesnt pan out? or would you rather draft a wr?

01-26-2007, 03:32 PM
ashley lelie is going to test the open market this year you guys think we should make a run for him if the moss thing doesnt pan out? or would you rather draft a wr?I'd rather draft a WR than grab Lelie. IMO Lelie has always been a little overated and has never lived up to his hype. He's an ok 3rd WR and if we decided to pick him up it wouldn't bother me that much.

The only skill that he has is being able to occasionaly stretch the defense and get the deep ball. That is really what the Packers WR core needs, but still i'd rather take a younger player who we can develop into a WR with a lot of tools not just the ability to run deep patterns.

PACKmanN
01-26-2007, 04:20 PM
ashley lelie is going to test the open market this year you guys think we should make a run for him if the moss thing doesnt pan out? or would you rather draft a wr?there so much talent at the WR postion this year. I would rather steal a guy that has major upside in the draft ( 4th or 5th round ) and work with them. The players I like alot are: Rhema McKnight, Joel Filani, Jarett Hicks, Ryne Robinson, Jacoby Jones( hope we can draft this guy in the 4th or 5th ).

ny10804
01-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Just a couple heads-ups:

Last year, the bulk of our resignings happened 1 week before FA began (March 11) and 2 1/2 weeks after.

So, expect to get news about our FAs (especially Jenkins) late February and early March, as FA begins March 2nd this year.

FAs outside of the team were signed mostly during the first week and the month of April.

Boston
01-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Bump?

ImBrotherCain
01-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Bump?

Why are you bumping?

Boston
01-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Bump?

Why are you bumping?

Where is everybody? This was at the very bottom of the page. That can't happen.

jackalope
01-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Bump?

Why are you bumping?

Where is everybody? This was at the very bottom of the page. That can't happen.well, not a whole lot going on.

here's something to talk about. if Favre retires, do we sign a vet to compete with Rodgers? if so, who?

ImBrotherCain
01-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Bump?

Why are you bumping?

Where is everybody? This was at the very bottom of the page. That can't happen.well, not a whole lot going on.

here's something to talk about. if Favre retires, do we sign a vet to compete with Rodgers? if so, who?

Maybe Bledsoe??? I know thats not the greatest option but hes gonna be looking for another team and he still shows flashes of greatness.... IDK

Jim Jim
01-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Jeff Garcia ftw.

ImBrotherCain
01-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Jeff Garcia ftw.

Good one.... i could see him starting if Favre leaves.... Good call :D

GB12
01-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Jeff Garcia ftw.

That's terrible. Rodgers has been on the bench long enough, he can sit for Brett but no one else. I don't have a problem with bringing a veteran in, but not to start.

ImBrotherCain
01-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Jeff Garcia ftw.

That's terrible. Rodgers has been on the bench long enough, he can sit for Brett but no one else. I don't have a problem with bringing a veteran in, but not to start.

Dont get me wrong i love Rodgers, I was in my van driving back from myrtal beach. I was listening to the draft on the radio with my headphones on, i heard they picked up Rodgers and i screamed and yelled, i was so happy.

What i ment is that i think that Rodgers need some competition, and a vet would provide that. Garcia would be a good pick up to possiably provide some stablity to that position that could use it... Almost like the Bears this year, Grossman needed to prove him self, but if he got hurt again Griese was there. I hope and pray that MM would be like Lovie and stick with Rodgers though thick and thin. But i still think we should pick up a vet, it would be a good move