PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay Packers Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83

Moses
11-09-2006, 04:56 AM
Green Bay Packers Discussion

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4414/packerscp9.gif

Official Team Website: http://www.packers.com
Depth Chart: http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/GB
Roster: http://www.nfl.com/teams/rosters/GB
Stats: http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/GB
News: http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/GB

---

Packers Websites:
JS Online: Packers Plus Online (http://www.jsonline.com/index/index.aspx?id=44)
Packers News (http://www.packersnews.com)
ESPN: Green Bay Packers Clubhouse (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=gnb)

roidrunner
11-09-2006, 05:20 AM
whats with the new discussion thread?

Moses
11-09-2006, 05:31 AM
whats with the new discussion thread?

The old ones aren't here anymore, hence new ones need to be created.

roidrunner
11-09-2006, 05:42 AM
fair enough.

70challenger457
11-09-2006, 06:51 AM
Alright packer fans, lets jump out on a quick lead on the cowboys discsussion and stay ahead of them
Who's with me?

70challenger457
11-09-2006, 06:53 AM
So talk to me people, when are the packers gunna resign Barrnet?

drowe
11-09-2006, 08:01 AM
I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY hope the Packers win this weekend......i have a bet with a Viking fan that I REALLLLLLLY don't wanna lose.

someone447
11-09-2006, 09:11 AM
The packers are going to win out... 11-5 HERE WE COME!!!

Vince Lombardi
11-09-2006, 09:14 AM
This is our chance to overtake the Cowboys thread!

drowe
11-09-2006, 09:36 AM

duuuuuuude. not sure about that...

just hope they beat the vikings....hey....the vikings have purple helmets. :lol:

Twiddler
11-09-2006, 09:42 AM

duuuuuuude. not sure about that...

just hope they beat the vikings....hey....the vikings have purple helmets. :lol:

Yeah, I really hope that we can beat them because 4-5 is still pretty decent when looking at how last year went. And I gotta say that I may be a bit confused on Sunday when I watch them because I'll be thinking that we are playing an arena football team with the way their uni's are... :wink:

bearsfan_51
11-09-2006, 09:43 AM
I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY hope the Packers win this weekend......i have a bet with a Viking fan that I REALLLLLLLY don't wanna lose.
Does it involve cottage cheese and/or farm animals?

11-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Does it involve cottage cheese and/or farm animals?Who told you???

drowe
11-09-2006, 10:16 AM

no, if i lose i have to do something incredibly lame.....not quite "super bowl shuffle, lame" but pretty close.

TitleTown088
11-09-2006, 11:22 AM
well i am going to be at this game with 4 of my friends who are all viking fans and i have bets with them all, i'm drinking a bottle of jack b4 the game so i can't feel the punches after i get into about 123849 fights with those minny queers.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-09-2006, 11:31 AM
They key to winning: keeping the Williams Bros. from wreaking havoc.

drowe
11-09-2006, 11:36 AM
well i am going to be at this game with 4 of my friends who are all viking fans and i have bets with them all, i'm drinking a bottle of jack b4 the game so i can't feel the punches after i get into about 123849 fights with those minny queers.

and remember...the vikings have purple helmets.

ny10804
11-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Last time Aaron went against the Viqueens he had 3 sacks. Let's hope for an encore this week.

70challenger457
11-09-2006, 11:49 AM
They key to winning: keeping the Williams Bros. from wreaking havoc.
I feel confident, O-line has improved a lot this year

70challenger457
11-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Last time Aaron went against the Viqueens he had 3 sacks. Let's hope for an encore this week.
Oh Kapman is gunna kill some queers, hey only stears and queers have horns

Nitschke-Hawk
11-09-2006, 12:10 PM
We need Greg Jennings.

drowe
11-09-2006, 12:15 PM
We need Greg Jennings.

very true....allthough...if he's out, it'd prolly force the packers to run more...which is NOT a bad idea this week.

70challenger457
11-09-2006, 12:19 PM
We need Greg Jennings.
we need him badly

TitleTown088
11-09-2006, 12:29 PM
We need Greg Jennings.

very true....allthough...if he's out, it'd prolly force the packers to run more...which is NOT a bad idea this week.

dont the queens have like the number 1 run D?

BTW moses no offense, but i think i liked scott wright as the author of the team discussion better. :wink:

drowe
11-09-2006, 12:43 PM
We need Greg Jennings.

dont the queens have like the number 1 run D?

BTW moses no offense, but i think i liked scott wright as the author of the team discussion better. :wink:

yeah, i miss "talk about AND discuss them here"

that sentence was redundant AND unnecessarily repetitive.
:lol:

Nitschke-Hawk
11-09-2006, 12:49 PM
They have the number 1 Run D which is why my key to the game was stopping the Williams boys at D Tackle(it's so obvious they need to be slowed down, don't give me too much credit), they're the only reason the Vikings are ranked that high. If we could wear them out and get them frustrated early Ahman will have a big day, but Jennings would really help our passing game.

I'm not worried about our defense outside of that communication crap. Their wide recievers are average at best and Williamson can't catch. We're good against the run, I'm just worried about KGB getting steam rolled on the left side of their offensive line. Our Linebackers have improved in coverage and that's Barnett's best ability, no TE's or backs that scare me recieving wise, Brad Johnson is a sitting duck and has been making bad decisions lately. I think our D-Line and linebackers will be in his face all day so hopefully he keeps throwing errant passes to the opponent.

I think the Vikings have clearly been figured out and it's just a matter of matching up well with them and executing, if the 9ers can do it, hell we can.

johbur
11-09-2006, 01:28 PM
A shame our WR corp is so weak right now. Did you see that we are second in drops in the NFl with 24, right behind Phillie with their 27. I am thinking more and more we'll end up with a Tedd Ginn or Dwayne Jarrett.

I loved how NE attacked them with the spread offense and taking the Queens outta their base defense. I don't think we have the personnel for that. I'd like to see if the O-line has their cutblocks going and just put the DTs on the ground time after time. Ahman Green is having a lot of success in the second half, and I think it is because we have young, well-conditioned athletes on our O-line and that after the defense keeps getting cut and they're tires we impose our will on the opposing defense.

Oddly, as the GB team has gotten worse over the past couple of years and GB has lost their home-field advantage, Favre has had more success in domes recently than he's ever had previously.

drowe
11-09-2006, 01:43 PM
A shame our WR corp is so weak right now. Did you see that we are second in drops in the NFl with 24, right behind Phillie with their 27. I am thinking more and more we'll end up with a Tedd Ginn or Dwayne Jarrett.

yeah, i'd kinda like to see Ginn or Jarrett next year....If I got to choose, i'd take Ginn...just for excitement value.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-09-2006, 02:05 PM
I disliked both but hhhmmm Ginn would really stretch the field, he's not strong so he could get out physicalled if he was the # 1 or 2. He could be our # 3 and really help. That might be a good idea, Jarrett strikes me as a guy who won't play to his potential in the league and really isn't playing to his potential this year. I really like Steve Smith of USC way more than him.

roughrider30
11-09-2006, 02:21 PM
What do you guys think Green over/under 100 yards against the Vikes #1 ranked run defense this weekend?

If he has another 100 yard game that has got to show that he is back for sure, and we should really look somewhere esle besides RB in the 1st round this year.

jackalope
11-09-2006, 02:38 PM
the packers extended Wells contract. 5 years $15mil. he's been realy good and it's good to hear we'll hang onto him.

TitleTown088
11-09-2006, 03:04 PM
the packers extended Wells contract. 5 years $15mil. he's been realy good and it's good to hear we'll hang onto him.
old news, but good move.

You guys really want to spend a first rounder with koren comming back next year? I think jennings/ driver/ KORO will be good enough, we have bigger fish to fry in the first round than WR IMO.

Moses
11-09-2006, 03:07 PM
What do you guys think Green over/under 100 yards against the Vikes #1 ranked run defense this weekend?

If he has another 100 yard game that has got to show that he is back for sure, and we should really look somewhere esle besides RB in the 1st round this year.

The question with Green isn't talent it's durability. He gets knicked up quite a bit nowadays and there's a lot of tread on his tires. Plus, he's on the wrong side of 30 which is ancient for a full-time running back.

I definitely think a running back is in order for sure on day one, and more than likely in round one or round two. I definitely think an offensive playmaker would be the best choice in round one (WR or RB). Then in the second and third round a defensive back and a RB/WR (whichever wasn't picked in round one) could be selected. That would be the best strategy at this point in the process from my viewpoint.

someone447
11-09-2006, 03:10 PM
If you want someone to stretch the defense, how about Johnnie Lee Higgins from UTEP in the 3rd. That guy is FAST. He has been pretty much the lone bright spot on UTEP's team this year. A guy like him wouldn't be to bad for a #3/#4 reciever.

TitleTown088
11-09-2006, 03:14 PM

The question with Green isn't talent it's durability. He gets knicked up quite a bit nowadays and there's a lot of tread on his tires. Plus, he's on the wrong side of 30 which is ancient for a full-time running back.

I definitely think a running back is in order for sure on day one, and more than likely in round one or round two. I definitely think an offensive playmaker would be the best choice in round one (WR or RB). Then in the second and third round a defensive back and a RB/WR (whichever wasn't picked in round one) could be selected. That would be the best strategy at this point in the process from my viewpoint.

yeah i agree we need to draft a future Rb this year.

jackalope
11-09-2006, 03:33 PM
i think marshwn Lynch in the first would be good. i anticiapte us picking around 10, so if he's there i say we take him. i don't want to spend a 1st on a WR.

11-09-2006, 03:39 PM
I'll be at the Game this weekend. My first Packer game ever :D . Can't wait for this game, definitly the most anticipated game i've been to all year. So how much you think we put up on the Vikings?

Boston
11-09-2006, 04:05 PM
38-10

roughrider30
11-09-2006, 04:06 PM
I'll be at the Game this weekend. My first Packer game ever :D . Can't wait for this game, definitly the most anticipated game i've been to all year. So how much you think we put up on the Vikings?

ya ill be there too. it is also my first packer game. :D ill be going to one later this year too at Lambeau, so that will be sweet. but i am really excited for this game.

Where are you sitting?

11-09-2006, 04:10 PM

ya ill be there too. it is also my first packer game. :D ill be going to one later this year too at Lambeau, so that will be sweet. but i am really excited for this game.

Where are you sitting?
Section 209 aka, The nosebleeds. I have season tixs, and there the cheapest one I could get. But aside from being able to touch the roof, there on the 45 yard line. Which is nice.

TitleTown088
11-09-2006, 04:15 PM

Where are you sitting?
Section 209 aka, The nosebleeds. I have season tixs, and there the cheapest one I could get. But aside from being able to touch the roof, there on the 45 yard line. Which is nice.
you guys should come chill with me in my free box i got with food and booze. but u'll have to hurry because i plan on getting kicked out before half time.

johbur
11-09-2006, 04:15 PM
If we don't go WR in round one, I'd like to see us with a saefty (Laron Landry?) or a corner (Cason?). With how many UDFA's in the secondary as we have, I'd actually like to see two CBs drafted. We might be OK at safety if Underwood comes back 100%. That's be Collins, Manuel, Underwood and Culver at safety, which is a decent group to me. Given the age and injury Hx of our current CBs, that group needs to be addressed as much as the receivers. I like our Rbs if we keep Green, with Morency and Herron as the back-ups. I wouldn't mind having a tweener guy like Najeh come in at FB, but Miree was doing well. I also think O-line is still a concern, at least with depth. LB and DT looks good. If there's a dynamic DE that doesn't blow dog against the run, I wouldn't mind picking him up. Rather than have 12 draft picks this year, I'd like TT to concentrate on getting some quality guys early to round out the team.

Boston
11-09-2006, 04:17 PM
If we don't go WR in round one, I'd like to see us with a saefty (Laron Landry?) or a corner (Cason?). With how many UDFA's in the secondary as we have, I'd actually like to see two CBs drafted. We might be OK at safety if Underwood comes back 100%. That's be Collins, Manuel, Underwood and Culver at safety, which is a decent group to me. Given the age and injury Hx of our current CBs, that group needs to be addressed as much as the receivers. I like our Rbs if we keep Green, with Morency and Herron as the back-ups. I wouldn't mind having a tweener guy like Najeh come in at FB, but Miree was doing well. I also think O-line is still a concern, at least with depth. LB and DT looks good. If there's a dynamic DE that doesn't blow dog against the run, I wouldn't mind picking him up. Rather than have 12 draft picks this year, I'd like TT to concentrate on getting some quality guys early to round out the team.

Exactly. Last year there was truly glaring holes on the packers team. N ow there's holes, but not as many as last year. The biggest needs if you ask me, are tight end, reciever(fast, tall, big-play reciever), running back, and cornerback.

roughrider30
11-09-2006, 04:26 PM

Where are you sitting?
you guys should come chill with me in my free box i got with food and booze. but u'll have to hurry because i plan on getting kicked out before half time.

Ya im on the upper deck too. im not sure where yet cuz my buddy is the one with the tickets. im assuming that they are nosebleeds too.

Ya that would be sweet where is your box at?

11-09-2006, 04:29 PM

Where are you sitting?
lol, I'll bring smitty and some flowers.

TitleTown088
11-09-2006, 05:21 PM

Where are you sitting?

Ya im on the upper deck too. im not sure where yet cuz my buddy is the one with the tickets. im assuming that they are nosebleeds too.

couldnt tell ya right now , my rich friend is taking me and the boz is his. But you should recognize me as the drunk guy wearing a Favre falcons jersey trying to fight anyone in the stadium that isn't wearing grenn n gold.

11-09-2006, 05:25 PM

Where are you sitting?

couldnt tell ya right now , my rich friend is taking me and the boz is his. But you should recognize me as the drunk guy wearing a Favre falcons jersey trying to fight anyone in the stadium that isn't wearing grenn n gold.
lol

locseti
11-09-2006, 05:25 PM

now that's funny

Boston
11-09-2006, 05:57 PM

no, if i lose i have to do something incredibly lame.....not quite "super bowl shuffle, lame" but pretty close.

Now that's funny. :roll:

ny10804
11-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Anyway, how about Ahman Green. 122.5 yards from scrimmage per game -- very impressive. He's got 561 rushing yards in 6 games, which prorates to 1309 yards over 14 games. Let's hope he reaches his incentives...

It also contains $2.75 million of incentives, as Green will receive $250,000 if he rushes for 750 yards, $500,000 more if he reaches 950 yards, another $500,000 for 1,150 yards, $500,000 more for 1,350 yards and another $500,000 for 1,550 yards

roughrider30
11-09-2006, 07:13 PM

Where are you sitting?

Thats what I like to hear.

I got your back. :lol:

TitleTown088
11-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Anyway, how about Ahman Green. 122.5 yards from scrimmage per game -- very impressive. He's got 561 rushing yards in 6 games, which prorates to 1309 yards over 14 games. Let's hope he reaches his incentives...

It also contains $2.75 million of incentives, as Green will receive $250,000 if he rushes for 750 yards, $500,000 more if he reaches 950 yards, another $500,000 for 1,150 yards, $500,000 more for 1,350 yards and another $500,000 for 1,550 yards

is that quote in ur sig accurate?

4pAc
11-09-2006, 07:54 PM
52nd to post in the new discussion thread

70challenger457
11-09-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm oposed to talking about the draft but I'm gunna say that the last thing I want is to take a WR in the first round, classic example of why, Jennings and Colston

ny10804
11-09-2006, 08:18 PM

is that quote in ur sig accurate?

I have no quote in my sig. I'll assume you're talking about the quote on Green's contract and say yes, it is accurate.

roughrider30
11-09-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm oposed to talking about the draft but I'm gunna say that the last thing I want is to take a WR in the first round, classic example of why, Jennings and Colston

Ya I agree I hate drafting WRs in the first round some other examples are Charles Rodgers, Mike Williams, and Troy Williamson.

I think we can find good value for WRs later on the first day.

TitleTown088
11-10-2006, 01:25 AM

Ya I agree I hate drafting WRs in the first round some other examples are Charles Rodgers, Mike Williams, and Troy Williamson.

I think we can find good value for WRs later on the first day.

i concur

TitleTown088
11-10-2006, 01:44 AM
BTW according to the two fatties on the queens D line the packers are "cowards"

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=529353

jackalope
11-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Green said he's been talking with the packers about a contract extension. i wouldn't mind keeping him another year or two with the way he's playing. i assume it'll be nothing big with him at 30.

Vince Lombardi
11-10-2006, 10:53 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9785655

Ha, Vic Carucci has Kampman listed as the leagues Def MVP! Personally, I would think Peppers, but it's cool to see Kampman getting some props.

Defensive MVP: Aaron Kampman, end, Green Bay. On pace to finish the season with nearly 20 sacks, he is the lone bright spot of the Packers defense. Honorable mention: Julius Peppers, end, Carolina; Julian Peterson, linebacker, Seattle; Rashean Mathis, cornerback, Jacksonville.

Boston
11-11-2006, 12:57 AM

Ha, Vic Carucci has Kampman listed as the leagues Def MVP! Personally, I would think Peppers, but it's cool to see Kampman getting some props.

Defensive MVP: Aaron Kampman, end, Green Bay. On pace to finish the season with nearly 20 sacks, he is the lone bright spot of the Packers defense. Honorable mention: Julius Peppers, end, Carolina; Julian Peterson, linebacker, Seattle; Rashean Mathis, cornerback, Jacksonville.

HA! Lone bright spot. :roll: That whole defense is a bright spot.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-11-2006, 10:48 AM

So not even being 30 is the wrong side of 30? He turns 30 in February, you're the 2nd person I've seen say something like that. The other person called him washed up in a mock draft without even seeing him play and said he was over 30.

Anyways, yeah I think we draft a RB on day one so there's not much of a drop off if Ahman got injured, but, if he keeps playing like this he's gonna get resigned as the #1. He ranks 4th in in rushing yards per game with 93.5 per game, behind only Tiki Barber, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Larry Johnson. That's elite company.

Right now I think RB/WR/CB-S (no specific order) are in the front office plans for day one.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-11-2006, 10:54 AM

Just what I was about to say, that pretty much throws his credibility out the window as far as picking him then saying "lone bright spot", it's clear that he's just looking at stats.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-11-2006, 10:59 AM

It's pretty amazing how strong he's came back after rupturing his friggin quad, it happened a year ago in the stadium they play in tomorrow. It's also amazing that if he didn't miss those two games this year (Philly and St. Louis) he'd have a shot at 1500 and would probably will comeback player, and even has a shot right now. And he's only lost a tiny bit of speed since whatever year he was at his fastest. He was actually he a skinny speed burner way back in the day (Nebraska nd early career) but he became a lot stronger.

70challenger457
11-11-2006, 12:41 PM

Dude, there is no way peppers has been better than Kapman this year, Kapman has always been one of the NFL's best against the run when it comes to DE and now put in the fact that he leads the leauge in sacks, I'd say he has been better than Peppers so far this year

bearsfan_51
11-11-2006, 01:00 PM

Just what I was about to say, that pretty much throws his credibility out the window as far as picking him then saying "lone bright spot", it's clear that he's just looking at stats.
So allowing 25 points per game isn't bad?

11-11-2006, 02:35 PM

So allowing 25 points per game isn't bad?I wouldn't say our whole defense is a bright spot. Some players have been very dissapointing and some have been pretty good.

All the linebackers and DT's have played pretty well.

Kampman's been great.

KGB has been dissapointing.

Al Harris and Marquand Maunual have been awful this year IMO, they have had way too many blown coverages between them.

Woodson has been great.

Collins has been OK.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-11-2006, 05:03 PM

So allowing 25 points per game isn't bad?

I kinda made that look like I agreed with "whole defense is a bright spot" which I don't, but like Javon Favre just stated there's definitely been bright spots. It's the kind of situation where you say there's definitely potential, but what bothers me is that the guy says he's the only bright spot and he obviously just looked at stats like there's only one good player on the team.

TitleTown088
11-11-2006, 06:10 PM
I really really hope that jennings can start. it's not going to be good if he dosen't, and it looks like he is a game time decision.

The Legend
11-11-2006, 06:50 PM
i think rod woodson said it best

Dave Kicks A Fg With 2 Sec Left

Nitschke-Hawk
11-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Come on guys the Cowboys got a 7 post lead on us.

The Legend
11-11-2006, 07:21 PM

maybe we should offer a reward to who ever posts on the packers thread like a free hotdog

what ya think ?

Boston
11-11-2006, 07:30 PM

maybe we should offer a reward to who ever posts on the packers thread like a free hotdog

what ya think ?

Hotdog? We eat Brats, like men.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Positive stat of the day :lol: :Last Two Games the Defense is allowing only 201 yards per game.

Vince Lombardi
11-11-2006, 10:57 PM

So allowing 25 points per game isn't bad?I wouldn't say our whole defense is a bright spot. Some players have been very dissapointing and some have been pretty good.

Kampman's been great.

Al Harris and Marquand Maunual have been awful this year IMO, they have had way too many blown coverages between them.

Woodson has been great.

Collins has been OK.

yea, I would agree. It's mostly been our secondary that has been bad this year. Woodson has had a few really good games after a poor start, but he's been the lone bright spot in our secondary. Our defensive line is very underrated and I'm not worried about our linebackers as they're all very young and talented and will only get better with experience.

As far as the draft next year I'd like to see RB or S addressed in the first round. LaRon Landry would be a great addition and hopefully get the secondary on track, if not him Marshawn Lynch would be the perfect RB for our offense.

11-12-2006, 01:20 AM

Kampman's been great.

Woodson has been great.

Collins has been OK.

yea, I would agree. It's mostly been our secondary that has been bad this year. Woodson has had a few really good games after a poor start, but he's been the lone bright spot in our secondary. Our defensive line is very underrated and I'm not worried about our linebackers as they're all very young and talented and will only get better with experience.

As far as the draft next year I'd like to see RB or S addressed in the first round. LaRon Landry would be a great addition and hopefully get the secondary on track, if not him Marshawn Lynch would be the perfect RB for our offense.Is Landry a FS or SS?

rainbeaukid2
11-12-2006, 03:41 AM
he is a FS

11-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Leaving for The Hump in a few minutes. I'm so phyched. My first Packer game :D . I have the chills. ooohhhhhh ya. I'll give you guys a review of the game after I get back.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-12-2006, 11:46 AM
If Harris gets traded we can move Collins to CB

Boston
11-12-2006, 12:14 PM

Would we do that?

jackalope
11-12-2006, 01:31 PM
we're looking pretty good. great hit by Popinga

GB12
11-12-2006, 03:12 PM

Would we do that?

Yeah that wouldnt make sense. I wouldn' want Collins in one on one coverage

Boston
11-12-2006, 03:14 PM
We haven't blitzed enough.

jackalope
11-12-2006, 04:13 PM
great game. i loved the Jennings pitch.

TitleTown088
11-12-2006, 04:58 PM
BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!! I saw Favre rape the queens in person.

70challenger457
11-12-2006, 05:01 PM
great game. i loved the Jennings pitch.
IN watching him do you not at all see one bit of rookie. I swear that guy must have hid last year while he was at training camp because he looks so much like a veteren. And to say he's been playing though an injury shows you his toughness, I think the day Driver retires he'll step in and non of us will even see a diference, he should just change to 80 once driver retires

Nitschke-Hawk
11-12-2006, 05:02 PM
A.J. Hawk was all over the place. Game ball to him, game ball to Brett Favre and game ball to Donald Driver. Everybody always talks about the Pack in the Hump Dome and how Favre performs there, but Driver always brings it in the Dome.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-12-2006, 05:04 PM
A.J. Hawk unofficial numbers as of now via espn: was in on 13 tackles and was part of two sacks, they're crediting him with 1.5 sacks, and a forced fumble.

70challenger457
11-12-2006, 05:04 PM
A.J. Hawk was all over the place. Game ball to him, game ball to Brett Favre and game ball to Donald Driver. Everybody always talks about the Pack in the Hump Dome and how Favre performs there, but Driver always brings it in the Dome.
he shows the intensity I hoped he would, him taking on two blockers to create a sack, wow that was an awsome play, I was jumping around all excited after that one

rainman
11-12-2006, 05:32 PM
AJ Hawk is an animal I love the way he plays.

jackalope
11-12-2006, 05:36 PM
great game for the rookies. anyone hear anything on Tauscher?

Vince Lombardi
11-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Green Bay is getting back into the thick of things! #2 in NFC North

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-12-2006, 05:49 PM
If Harris gets traded we can move Collins to CBwhat? if anything i say we dump manuel and bring in landry or zbikowski. i believe zbikowski can be used as a polomalu type safety so that wouldnt be bad to have

70challenger457
11-12-2006, 05:54 PM
If Harris gets traded we can move Collins to CBwhat? if anything i say we dump manuel and bring in landry or zbikowski. i believe zbikowski can be used as a polomalu type safety so that wouldnt be bad to have
zbikowski is trash in coverage

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-12-2006, 05:54 PM
zbikowski is trash in coveragemanuel isnt?

70challenger457
11-12-2006, 05:57 PM
minus the blow coverages and I think Manuel has played solid for us, just those souple plays, BTW did anyone notice how the vicks went deep on Dendy 3 times. The first two were for completions but the third was a pick, that was good to seem him stay with it and improve within the game, total oposite of Ahmad Carrol, you see one blown coverage, expect to see many more

jpapa4490
11-12-2006, 06:35 PM
minus the blow coverages and I think Manuel has played solid for us, just those souple plays, BTW did anyone notice how the vicks went deep on Dendy 3 times. The first two were for completions but the third was a pick, that was good to seem him stay with it and improve within the game, total oposite of Ahmad Carrol, you see one blown coverage, expect to see many more

I agree with you, Dendy did improve throughout the game but it was more miscommunication between johnson and johnson because that ball was thrown right to dendy. That poppinga hit and forced fumble made my day

jpapa4490
11-12-2006, 07:00 PM
BTW according to the two fatties on the queens D line the packers are "cowards"

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=529353

pussies

PACKmanN
11-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Did Brett Favre offer a clue about next year?

When leaving the field after the Vikings game Brett talked to 'Ragnar', the Vikings mascot and had this to say in a story by Dave Campbell of the Associated Press.

Here is a quote attached to a picture in that article;

QUOTE: Packers quarterback Brett Favre bids farewell to "Ragnar," the Vikings mascot portrayed by Joe Juranitch, after Green Bay defeated Minnesota 23-17 Sunday in the Metrodome. Juranitch said that Favre told him in case he didn't make the next trip to Minneapolis, "he wanted to let me know that it's been fun."

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/11/12/ragnar.jpg

jpapa4490
11-12-2006, 07:02 PM
I almost flipped a nut when rayner made that doinker from 20 yards away

11-12-2006, 07:24 PM
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/2825/vikespackers011rv4.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7040/vikespackers020yu3.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/971/vikespackers027jh1.jpg

A few pics I took from my seat. Just got back from Chipotle, sweet sweet victory. :D

EDIT: sorry about the pics. just use the link.

Jim Jim
11-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Great game today.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if Vernand Morency's contract is up this year?

70challenger457
11-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Great game today.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if Vernand Morency's contract is up this year?
I have absolutly no idea but I think they should resign him, he's a great change of pace runner but I don't think he could ever be counted on to be the premeir back

TitleTown088
11-12-2006, 09:07 PM
http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?photoId=1355119&gameId=261112016

love the pic, but take a look at what the bottem says.

70challenger457
11-12-2006, 09:40 PM

love the pic, but take a look at what the bottem says.
I think Favre's looking to go out on a positive note, and I think this team has the chance to end on a positive record. I don't blame Farve if he's looking at everything in a last chance manner.

jackalope
11-12-2006, 09:41 PM

love the pic, but take a look at what the bottem says.look on the last page.

Jmohr107
11-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Great game today.

Morency's contract expires after the 2007 season

ny10804
11-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Great game today.

Morency's contract expires after the 2007 season
Here's some linkage (http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx?id=37182).

GB12
11-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Any one else on here watch the Fox 6 Blitz?

dc22
11-13-2006, 03:34 AM
http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_750563.jpg

johbur
11-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Nov 12 Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy says the franchise is doing whatever it has to do to convince QB Brett Favre to return for the 2007 season. McCarthy said, "I think these next eight games will decide it for him. It all depends how things go down the stretch." The team is giving him his own office at the team's complex so he can spend longer hours a work. McCarthy and general manager Ted Thompson would like for Favre to make a decision soon after the season ends instead of the long, drawn-out decision process that occurred after the 2005 season. "That's why these next eight games are so important to him. But this off-season he'll know who his receivers will be, he'll know who his o-line will be. He'll have a better sense of who we're building with," said McCarthy.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/226400/5

It might not be the best thing for A-Rod's development, but if Favre continues to play in the McCarthy system and keeping the turnovers down, I'd love to see Brett come back in 2007.

The O-line is improving tremendously. Philbin, Campen and Fontenot are doing a heck of a job. Yet another game with no sacks given up, even though there were three rookies and a third year center. Hopefully Koren comes back in shape, Ahman Green will hopefully be back to battle Morency and maybe a rookie RB, maybe another rookie WR could be a find like Jennings. With some additions to the defense, the overall team will be better.

roidrunner
11-13-2006, 06:38 AM
so I live in KY and couldnt see the game, what is everyone think of the game? who looked good and who looked bad? because i am not seeing too much on ESPN.

70challenger457
11-13-2006, 07:36 AM
so I live in KY and couldnt see the game, what is everyone think of the game? who looked good and who looked bad? because i am not seeing too much on ESPN.
It was a good solid win. Not dominating but could have been minus some blown coverages. Penalties were kept to a minimum, no turnovers, farve played good, Driver awsome as usual, Hawk is looking more and more of a beast, I guess I expected this type of game

drowe
11-13-2006, 09:08 AM
so, did anyone else see peter king from SI on the NBC haltime show say that McCarthy said Favre has 2 good years left? i want Favre back next year. more so than last year.

great game....i was in Minnesota with some of my wife's relatives...they're all die hard viking fans, so it was great watching the game with 'em :lol:
we left right after the game and got to listen to Vikings Sports Radio on the way home...that was equally awesome.

just real impressed with how they played yesterday. good solid win.

drowe
11-13-2006, 09:09 AM
hey, i get to ditch the ball burglar today....awesome.

70challenger457
11-13-2006, 11:23 AM
who's got it now?

drowe
11-13-2006, 11:26 AM
who's got it now?

nobody...i lost a bet with rob schubert...had to wear it for a week. week's over. back to the Pabst.

TitleTown088
11-13-2006, 12:17 PM
so, did anyone else see peter king from SI on the NBC haltime show say that McCarthy said Favre has 2 good years left? i want Favre back next year. more so than last year.

great game....i was in Minnesota with some of my wife's relatives...they're all die hard viking fans, so it was great watching the game with 'em :lol:
we left right after the game and got to listen to Vikings Sports Radio on the way home...that was equally awesome.

i really hopes he does too, but i think the pack may have a rough couple weeks comming up.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-13-2006, 12:20 PM

Manuel is playing good, he's awesome in the run game, made 3 tackles around the line of scrimmage yesterday. And I've gone back to think about the miscommunication stuff, most of it's been between Al Harris and Nick Collins for whatever reason.

drowe
11-13-2006, 12:20 PM

i really hopes he does too, but i think the pack may have a rough couple weeks comming up.

yeah, after watching what the Patriots did to the Vikings a couple weeks ago, I thought the Packers had no chance...but now that I know that the Vikings are a garbage team.....I am still not optimistic, but there's a chance.

I think the goal for this year should be 8-8 at this point. and to get there, they'll HAVE to beat a good team...New England, Seattle or Chicago. And, of course they'll have to take care of business against Detroit, San Fran, Minnesota. and i don't know which category to put the Jets in.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-13-2006, 12:38 PM
A few keys to winning this game:

1. Attacking the terrible Patriots secondary successfully.

2. Slowing down the Patriots run game.

3. Win the turnover battle. If there's one thing a veteran team like the Patriots thrive on to get wins, it's winning the turnover battle. And on top of that, it's been proven this year that if mistakes are limited we can compete with anybody and have a good shot at winning against teams we can beat.

bearsfan_51
11-13-2006, 12:40 PM

3. Win the turnover battle. If there's one thing a veteran team like the Patriots thrive on to get wins, it's winning the turnover battle. And on top of that, it's been proven this year that if mistakes are limited we can compete with anybody and have a good shot at winning against teams we can beat.

4.Pray

Fixed.

drowe
11-13-2006, 12:52 PM

4.Pray

Fixed.

that is not only breaking a forum rule, but its also contradictory...remember, we're Packer fans....Favre is God. and he's already doing all he can without us praying to him.
8)

TitleTown088
11-13-2006, 02:49 PM

4.Pray

Fixed.

that is not only breaking a forum rule, but its also contradictory...remember, we're Packer fans....Favre is God. and he's already doing all he can without us praying to him.
8)

oh man BF51 is soooo funny, but yes your right about favre.

ny10804
11-13-2006, 04:49 PM
We all should be rooting for the Bucs to beat the 4-4 Panthers tonight. We are only 1 game out of the playoffs...

johbur
11-13-2006, 05:08 PM
We all should be rooting for the Bucs to beat the 4-4 Panthers tonight. We are only 1 game out of the playoffs...

MM might just be the coach Favre needed. The 13 TDs to 7 INTs is very good, the fumbling has been decreased, even with three rookies on the line Minnesota couldn't get a sack on Favre when they needed one. TT bringing in the talent and McCarthy working them up has been pretty good.

Who'd have thought Green Bay would be talking about possibly being in the playoffs this year? I don't think Lovie ever had that conversation brought up his first year.

A number of tough games are still on the schedule, but given that Most NFL teams are capable of beating just about every other NFL teams, we have as good a shot as any other team at 4-5 of getting to the post season. We beat Miami and Miami spanked Da Bears. Buffalo came within a blocked kick of knocking off the Colts. The Jets have shown a lot of improvement from last year and they're a game out of first in their division.

GB12
11-13-2006, 05:53 PM

which makes the loss against Buffalo that much worse :(

70challenger457
11-13-2006, 05:58 PM

and the fumble against st. louis, and the blown coverages against philly....

ny10804
11-13-2006, 06:04 PM

and the fumble against st. louis, and the blown coverages against philly....

and the blown coverages against NO, after having a 13-0 lead....

70challenger457
11-13-2006, 08:23 PM
man blown coverages hurt, but those are easy things to fix

cuzifelt1ikeit
11-13-2006, 08:52 PM

Manuel is playing good, he's awesome in the run game, made 3 tackles around the line of scrimmage yesterday. And I've gone back to think about the miscommunication stuff, most of it's been between Al Harris and Nick Collins for whatever reason.im not too sure how manuel is doing because i never get to see the games, however i remember hearing at the beginging that he did not do a good job what-so-ever in coverage

Nitschke-Hawk
11-13-2006, 08:59 PM

Manuel is playing good, he's awesome in the run game, made 3 tackles around the line of scrimmage yesterday. And I've gone back to think about the miscommunication stuff, most of it's been between Al Harris and Nick Collins for whatever reason.im not too sure how manuel is doing because i never get to see the games, however i remember hearing at the beginging that he did not do a good job what-so-ever in coverage

Basically Al and Charles are giving up 3 or less catches per game so Marquand doesn't look like a fool, doesn't have to cover guys or clean up after a bad play which would make it look like it's his fault, it's allowing him to play as advertised by making sure guys are in their spots and racking up a bunch of tackles in the run game.

jackalope
11-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Manuel had a bad start but has looked fine recently. misscomunications in the secondary are the problem. what do you guys think of Shcotenheimer, the DB coach. i'm not a fan.

EDIT: Tauscher is doubtful for next week :( . looks like we'll have 3 rookies on the O-line.

70challenger457
11-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Manuel had a bad start but has looked fine recently. misscomunications in the secondary are the problem. what do you guys think of Shcotenheimer, the DB coach. i'm not a fan.
don't be so quick to blame the coaches, the players arn't commmunicating and that's not entirely his fault

70challenger457
11-13-2006, 09:10 PM

EDIT: Tauscher is doubtful for next week :( . looks like we'll have 3 rookies on the O-line.
so I'm gunna assume Colledge is playing tackle again?

GB12
11-13-2006, 09:12 PM

Hopefully that Dolphins game helped. they were bad the first half but were great the second. They now have expirience against a 3-4 too.

jackalope
11-13-2006, 09:14 PM

so I'm gunna assume Colledge is playing tackle again?actually i hear Moll will be at right tackle in place of Tausch. that's what they did against Minny and i heard they'll keep it.

jackalope
11-13-2006, 09:17 PM
don't be so quick to blame the coaches, the players arn't commmunicating and that's not entirely his faultSchottenheimer was our secondary coach a few years ago too. he wasn't good then either.

GB12
11-13-2006, 09:18 PM
don't be so quick to blame the coaches, the players arn't commmunicating and that's not entirely his faultSchottenheimer was our secondary coach a few years ago too. he wasn't good then either.

Isnt that the same thing as DB coach.

jackalope
11-13-2006, 09:20 PM

Isnt that the same thing as DB coach.yeah. sorry for using two different terms.

GB12
11-13-2006, 09:29 PM

Isnt that the same thing as DB coach.yeah. sorry for using two different terms.

I just didnt get what you meant by what I just bolded.

TitleTown088
11-13-2006, 10:25 PM
shotty should be gone, he is garbage. The rest of the defense is pretty solid and yet he still cannot creaet a solid secondary with Al harris and charles woodson , it's not like the D-line isn't pressuring the Qb either. And it's his job to fix these" miscommunications" because they seem to happen every week, i am beginning to feel him getting the axe sooner or later because he is terrible.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Carl Hairston needs to be promoted he's been here for years now I think as the Nickle and Dime coach.

70challenger457
11-13-2006, 10:40 PM
what do you guys think of the new sig, I don't have photoshop but I make due with the crappy software I have

TitleTown088
11-14-2006, 12:15 AM
what do you guys think of the new sig, I don't have photoshop but I make due with the crappy software I have

i like it, but it might be a little too big.

TitleTown088
11-14-2006, 12:33 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=530110

gotta love DD. I never knew minny thought about stealing him too.

roughrider30
11-14-2006, 01:44 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=530110

gotta love DD. I never knew minny thought about stealing him too.

wow never knew that either. imagine if the vikes would have taken him from us too.

drowe
11-14-2006, 08:10 AM
hey, i decided i'd rank the packer's 22 starters....here's what i came up with....anyone else wanna try?

1-Donald Driver
2-Aaron Kampman
3-Mark Tauscher
4-Chad Clifton
5-Charles Woodson
6-Al Harris
7-Brett Favre
8-Nick Barnett
9-AJ Hawk
10-Scott Wells
11-Greg Jennings
12-Ahman Green
13-Darryn Colledge
14-Jason Spitz
15-Corey Williams
16-Cullen Jenkins
17-Brady Poppinga
18-Nick Collins
19-Marquand Manuel
20-Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
21-Bubba Franks
22-Brandon Miree

drowe
11-14-2006, 08:39 AM
vote for AJ Hawk for rookie of the week on NFL.com!

70challenger457
11-14-2006, 11:25 AM

yeah, thats he first thing I noticed when I saw that post, I'm gunna shorten it once I get a chance to at home

drowe
11-14-2006, 11:33 AM

yeah, thats he first thing I noticed when I saw that post, I'm gunna shorten it once I get a chance to at home

the statement below your pic might be outdated too...kampman was passed by peppers last night....and peppers looked amazing.

roughrider30
11-14-2006, 11:56 AM
hey, i decided i'd rank the packer's 22 starters....here's what i came up with....anyone else wanna try?

1-Donald Driver
2-Aaron Kampman
3-Mark Tauscher
4-Chad Clifton
5-Charles Woodson
6-Al Harris
7-Brett Favre
8-Nick Barnett
9-AJ Hawk
10-Scott Wells
11-Greg Jennings
12-Ahman Green
13-Darryn Colledge
14-Jason Spitz
15-Corey Williams
16-Cullen Jenkins
17-Brady Poppinga
18-Nick Collins
19-Marquand Manuel
20-Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
21-Bubba Franks
22-Brandon Miree

I like the rankings, but i would put both Favre and Harris above Woodson.

Woodson has been good, but what Harris has done has been very underrated he has shut down recievers like Bolden, Holt, and after watching him last week I didnt see the ball thrown to his reciever once during that whole game.

drowe
11-14-2006, 12:02 PM

1-Donald Driver
2-Aaron Kampman
3-Mark Tauscher
4-Chad Clifton
5-Charles Woodson
6-Al Harris
7-Brett Favre
8-Nick Barnett
9-AJ Hawk
10-Scott Wells
11-Greg Jennings
12-Ahman Green
13-Darryn Colledge
14-Jason Spitz
15-Corey Williams
16-Cullen Jenkins
17-Brady Poppinga
18-Nick Collins
19-Marquand Manuel
20-Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
21-Bubba Franks
22-Brandon Miree

Woodson has been good, but what Harris has done has been very underrated he has shut down recievers like Bolden, Holt, and after watching him last week I didnt see the ball thrown to his reciever once during that whole game.

thought about that...it was a tough call...but the Lee Evans TD pass and the Billy McMullen TD pass were both at least partly on Harris....and both of those should NEVER have happened.

70challenger457
11-14-2006, 12:05 PM

the statement below your pic might be outdated too...kampman was passed by peppers last night....and peppers looked amazing.
I was pissed when I saw that he had 3 sacks last night

70challenger457
11-14-2006, 12:06 PM

1-Donald Driver
2-Aaron Kampman
3-Mark Tauscher
4-Chad Clifton
5-Charles Woodson
6-Al Harris
7-Brett Favre
8-Nick Barnett
9-AJ Hawk
10-Scott Wells
11-Greg Jennings
12-Ahman Green
13-Darryn Colledge
14-Jason Spitz
15-Corey Williams
16-Cullen Jenkins
17-Brady Poppinga
18-Nick Collins
19-Marquand Manuel
20-Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
21-Bubba Franks
22-Brandon Miree

thought about that...it was a tough call...but the Lee Evans TD pass and the Billy McMullen TD pass were both at least partly on Harris....and both of those should NEVER have happened.
I don't think those were his responsibilties, but I could be right or wrong, we don't really know

roughrider30
11-14-2006, 12:13 PM

1-Donald Driver
2-Aaron Kampman
3-Mark Tauscher
4-Chad Clifton
5-Charles Woodson
6-Al Harris
7-Brett Favre
8-Nick Barnett
9-AJ Hawk
10-Scott Wells
11-Greg Jennings
12-Ahman Green
13-Darryn Colledge
14-Jason Spitz
15-Corey Williams
16-Cullen Jenkins
17-Brady Poppinga
18-Nick Collins
19-Marquand Manuel
20-Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
21-Bubba Franks
22-Brandon Miree

I don't think those were his responsibilties, but I could be right or wrong, we don't really know

Ya i think that on the lee evans td there was supposed to be saftey help from over top.

johbur
11-14-2006, 12:16 PM

1-Brett Favre
2-Donald Driver
3-Aaron Kampman
4-Mark Tauscher
5-Nick Barnett
6-Al Harris
7-Ryan Pickett
8-AJ Hawk
9-Ahman Green
10-Scott Wells
11-Charles Woodson
12- Chad Clifton
13-Darryn Colledge
14-Jason Spitz
15-Corey Williams
16-Nick Collins
17-Brady Poppinga
18-Greg Jennings
19-Brandon Miree
20-Marquand Manuel
21-Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
22-Bubba Franks

Favre is the most improtant player on the team. If he has a bad game, how many wins do the Packers have? If he has a good game, how many losses do they have?

Maybe Bubba is doing a fine job blocking, but I remember when Favre believed in the TE and had Chmura. The Packers need to upgrade the TE position by trade, FA or draft for next year. Martin has been the best guy, and he still isn't anything special. KGB has been forgettable. Manuel has been more physical than Roman, but I don't think he's been an improvement. Maybe if Underwood comes back healthy the safety issue is solved, otherwise they need to work on it.

The rookies will likely rank higher when they get a full year under their belts.

drowe
11-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Favre is the most improtant player on the team. If he has a bad game, how many wins do the Packers have? If he has a good game, how many losses do they have?

true...and the Packers have a losing record now. so, that'd indicate that maybe he's not the best player on the team...most important, yeah, probably.

roughrider30
11-14-2006, 12:26 PM

true...and the Packers have a losing record now. so, that'd indicate that maybe he's not the best player on the team...most important, yeah, probably.

Thats true, but their losses you cant plug all of their losses on Favre. with missed opportunities and blown coverages etc. Therefore I would put Favre in my top 3.

roughrider30
11-14-2006, 12:35 PM

1-Donald Driver
2-Brett Favre
3-Aaron Kampman
4-Mark Tauscher
5-Nick Barnett
6-Al Harris
7-Charles Woodson
8-AJ Hawk
9-Ahman Green
10-Ryan Pickett
11-Chad Clifton
12- Scott Wells
13-Darryn Colledge
14-Nick Collins
15-Jason Spitz
16-Greg Jennings
17-Brady Poppinga
18-Cory Williams
19-Brandon Miree
20-Marquand Manuel
21-Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
22-Bubba Franks

My top 2 make each other. Favre makes Driver and this year Driver has made Favre. Kampman is without a doubt the heart and soul of the D, and both Barnett and Hawk have been huge as of late.

johbur
11-14-2006, 12:37 PM

Favre is still the most important player, and given that he's the only guy who can take over a game, I still think he's the best player on this losing team. It's not like in Chicago where Hester and Urlacher won a game against AZ without the help of their QB. There's no LJ propping up a Huard. There's no Steve Smith or Antonio Gates taking over a game at WR or TE.

There haven't been huge holes for the RBs to run through excpet for the one game, there hasn't been a defensive player that has dominated a gmae like Reggie White could to win a game, no special teamer has taken over even like a Desmond Howard.

If you were making a team for GB to play this season with, who would you take first knowing you might not get your second choice? I'd take Favre first. He's shown that he can continue to be effective with guys like Ruvell Martin, Koren Robinson and Chris Francies. I love DD, but I don't believe we could slide the third string or fourth string QB in and there would still be the same production.

drowe
11-14-2006, 12:49 PM
yeah, you're right...you can't put any of the losses on Favre. generally speaking, he's played as good or better than he has in the last 4 or 5 years. I guess I have him too low.

now, looking at everybody's lists.....KGB and Franks are consistently on the bottom....so, when we talk about who to draft in round one, should DEs and TE's start gettin some mentions?

TitleTown088
11-14-2006, 01:07 PM

1-Brett Favre
2-Donald Driver
3-Aaron Kampman
4-Mark Tauscher
5-Nick Barnett
6-Al Harris
7-Ryan Pickett
8-AJ Hawk
9-Ahman Green
10-Scott Wells
11-Charles Woodson
12- Chad Clifton
13-Darryn Colledge
14-Jason Spitz
15-Corey Williams
16-Nick Collins
17-Brady Poppinga
18-Greg Jennings
19-Brandon Miree
20-Marquand Manuel
21-Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
22-Bubba Franks

Maybe Bubba is doing a fine job blocking, but I remember when Favre believed in the TE and had Chmura. The Packers need to upgrade the TE position by trade, FA or draft for next year. Martin has been the best guy, and he still isn't anything special. KGB has been forgettable. Manuel has been more physical than Roman, but I don't think he's been an improvement. Maybe if Underwood comes back healthy the safety issue is solved, otherwise they need to work on it.

The rookies will likely rank higher when they get a full year under their belts.

i agree with jonbur, brett is still the packers best player.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Yeah, unfortunately we're stuck with KGB's big ass contract, don't know what we'll do with that, maybe TT could restructure the remaining years to be more incentive based.

But the DE I like the most for us is Tim Crowder of Texas, Scott has said his stock has been rising but he's not the elite prospect, Gaines Adams is and he will be long gone by the time we pick. I don't know if he will end up with a first round grade but he has pretty good size and he won't get pushed around at 6'4'' 270. He's the same size as Kampman and probably has the same speed. I think we need Linemen that aren't gonna get pushed around and be hard to move so our linebackers can fly around and make plays.

Right now my optimistic outlook is something like this:

Round 1: Ted Ginn Jr.-I don't care that we are spending a first rounder on him, a few people (packers fans in this thread) have said it isn't worth it and he'll end up being like Troy Williamson and Ashley Lelie, but we wouldn't be drafting him to be the # 1 guy. As a small guy he can line up in the slot and be a dangerous weapon that stretches the field with top of the line speed, and what puts him over the top is his great punt returning ability, instead of getting Charles Woodson hammered on every return (if guys would block he would've had a TD by now, I see guys running right at him every return.) Woodson's too important to the team to be risking it back there, even though I think he's doing a great job, but we give this job to the young guy.

Round 2. DE-Tim Crowder/Victor Abiamiri (Notre Dame)

Round 3. A RB-maybe Lorenzo Booker (FSU) or Tuny Hunt (Penn State)

or:

Round 1: S-Laron Landry/Michael Griffin or CB-Marcus McCauley (Leon Hall will be gone, Landry might be too)

Round 2: DE-Tim Crowder/Victor Abiamiri

Round 3: WR-Steve Smith (USC)/Johnnie Lee Higgins (UTEP)/ Dallas Baker(Florida)

portermvp84
11-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Wow Charles Woodson is ranked pretty high.

roughrider30
11-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah, unfortunately we're stuck with KGB's big ass contract, don't know what we'll do with that, maybe TT could restructure the remaining years to be more incentive based.

But the DE I like the most for us is Tim Crowder of Texas, Scott has said his stock has been rising but he's not the elite prospect, Gaines Adams is and he will be long gone by the time we pick. I don't know if he will end up with a first round grade but he has pretty good size and he won't get pushed around at 6'4'' 270. He's the same size as Kampman and probably has the same speed. I think we need Linemen that aren't gonna get pushed around and be hard to move so our linebackers can fly around and make plays.

Round 1: Ted Ginn Jr.-I don't care that we are spending a first rounder on him, a few people (packers fans in this thread) have said it isn't worth it and he'll end up being like Troy Williamson and Ashley Lelie, but we wouldn't be drafting him to be the # 1 guy. As a small guy he can line up in the slot and be a dangerous weapon that stretches the field with top of the line speed, and what puts him over the top is his great punt returning ability, instead of getting Charles Woodson hammered on every return (if guys would block he would've had a TD by now, I see guys running right at him every return.) Woodson's too important to the team to be risking it back there, even though I think he's doing a great job, but we give this job to the young guy.

or:

Round 1: S-Laron Landry/Michael Griffin or CB-Marcus McCauley (Leon Hall will be gone, Landry might be too)

I like the 2nd draft better than the first. I think we can get good value out of any of those WRs in the 3rd.

I dont like using a 1st round pick on someone who isnt expected to be a #1 guy. If were going to get a guy to line up in the slot why not get a guy from the 2nd or 3rd round like Smith, and use the 1st round pick on someone in the secondary or D-line.

drowe
11-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Wow Charles Woodson is ranked pretty high.

yeah, he's doing really well for us.

Nitschke-Hawk
11-14-2006, 02:02 PM
1-Brett Favre
2-Donald Driver
3-Aaron Kampman
4-Mark Tauscher
5-Al Harris
6-Ahman Green
7-Ryan Pickett
8-Nick Barnett
9-Charles Woodson
10-Chad Clifton
11-Scott Wells
12- A.J. Hawk
13-Greg Jennings
14-Marquand Manuel
15-Daryn Colledge
16-Jason Spitz
17-Brady Poppinga
18-Whomever starts at the other DT spot
19- Bubba Franks
20- Brandon Miree
21-Nick Collins
22-Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
-----------------------------

I don't really believe that I should have Nick Collins that low but he hasn't played that well this year after such a promising first year. I don't think we should replace him but I think great secondary coaching would help a young guy like him, every other secondary starter is a proven vet so they don't need the coaching as much.

roughrider30
11-14-2006, 02:08 PM
1-Brett Favre
2-Donald Driver
3-Aaron Kampman
4-Mark Tauscher
5-Al Harris
6-Ahman Green
7-Ryan Pickett
8-Nick Barnett
9-Charles Woodson
10-Chad Clifton
11-Scott Wells
12- A.J. Hawk
13-Greg Jennings
14-Marquand Manuel
15-Daryn Colledge
16-Jason Spitz
17-Brady Poppinga
18-Whomever starts at the other DT spot
19- Bubba Franks
20- Brandon Miree
21-Nick Collins
22-Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
-----------------------------

I don't really believe that I should have Nick Collins that low but he hasn't played that well this year after such a promising first year. I don't think we should replace him but I think great secondary coaching would help a young guy like him, every other secondary starter is a proven vet so they don't need the coaching as much.

He definately hasnt had the year that he had last year, but at the beginning of the year he wasnt bad at all, and he has had a lot of key open field tackles. He had a good game against the saints week 2 especially on Bush. As of lately he has kind of struggled, but i dont think he has had that bad of year

Nitschke-Hawk
11-14-2006, 02:15 PM

or:

I like the 2nd draft better than the first. I think we can get good value out of any of those WRs in the 3rd.

I dont like using a 1st round pick on someone who isnt expected to be a #1 guy. If were going to get a guy to line up in the slot why not get a guy from the 2nd or 3rd round like Smith, and use the 1st round pick on someone in the secondary or D-line.

I understand that theory and I do agree with it, I just think when you look at an offense you gotta either have a bunch of "very good" players with about the same ability or a few guys that "scare defenses" and some "good" players surrounding them. I think the more guys we have that scare defenses the better off we are, when I look at our offensive players from a defensive standpoint, Ahman Green and Brett Favre scare me, cause I know if you don't try to stop them they will hurt you bad. You could say Donald Driver and as much as I love him it doesn't matter what a WR does if the QB can't get them the ball.

But, as far as recievers are concerned, I like Steve Smith the most out of anyone from a recieving perspective, and wouldn't have a problem with drafting him in the second round if his stock gets that high, I think he's gonna be a steal to anyone who gets him. But Ginn does so many things and that speed makes him dangerous as well as everybody else, think about this: you have no chance of stopping Ahman Green if you have to cover Donald Driver, Greg Jennings and Ted Ginn. I think if we pick mid 1st round Ginn has to be considered, if we were picking 1 to 8 I wouldn't pick him cause of his size, but pick 10 and later he'd be at the top of my list with a few other guys.

roughrider30
11-14-2006, 02:35 PM

or:

I understand that theory and I do agree with it, I just think when you look at an offense you gotta either have a bunch of "very good" players with about the same ability or a few guys that "scare defenses" and some "good" players surrounding them. I think the more guys we have that scare defenses the better off we are, when I look at our offensive players from a defensive standpoint, Ahman Green and Brett Favre scare me, cause I know if you don't try to stop them they will hurt you bad. You could say Donald Driver and as much as I love him it doesn't matter what a WR does if the QB can't get them the ball.

But, as far as recievers are concerned, I like Steve Smith the most out of anyone from a recieving perspective, and wouldn't have a problem with drafting him in the second round if his stock gets that high, I think he's gonna be a steal to anyone who gets him. But Ginn does so many things and that speed makes him dangerous as well as everybody else, think about this: you have no chance of stopping Ahman Green if you have to cover Donald Driver, Greg Jennings and Ted Ginn. I think if we pick mid 1st round Ginn has to be considered, if we were picking 1 to 8 I wouldn't pick him cause of his size, but pick 10 and later he'd be at the top of my list with a few other guys.

i know what you mean if we could get a wr core that somewhat compares to what the colts have (and im not comparing Driver to Harrison etc.) with 3 WR weapons it could make our offense deadly again,

but drafting a WR that high keeps reminding me of what the Lions did over the last few years, and how much that backfired on them. Granted Harrington isnt a good QB by any means.

I wouldnt be disappointed if the Packers took Ginn in the first, but i just think that there are other ways that they can go with that pick and still pick up a quality WR in the next couple rounds.

someone447
11-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Seeing every UTEP game this year, I will say that I think Higgins will be a HUGE threat. Not to mention, he is a really, really good returner. With one more punt return he will be leading the nation in YPR. He is incredibly fast, he just runs past every one on the field. Not to mention, if we can get him in the 3rd, it gives us our first two picks to get the positions we need bad, S, DE, RB.

TitleTown088
11-14-2006, 03:03 PM
tom brady is going to pick the packers secondary apart and it will help lead the the firing of Shotty.. my prediction.

TitleTown088
11-14-2006, 03:12 PM
BTW i found this and it was one of my favorite packer moments.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=618823161&n=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8HAzI63X8Q&mode=related&search=

Favre

and AJ Hawk is leading for rookie of the year, agian! http://www.nfl.com/rookies/vote

drowe
11-14-2006, 03:16 PM
tom brady is going to pick the packers secondary apart and it will help lead the the firing of Shotty.. my prediction.

yeah, the Patriots are gonna be pretty pissed off after losing to the Colts and Jets. I'd love to see the Pack get a win against the Pats or Hawks in the next 2 weeks.

if nothing else these next 2 games will show where the Packers really stack up against playoff caliber teams.

roughrider30
11-14-2006, 03:35 PM

yeah, the Patriots are gonna be pretty pissed off after losing to the Colts and Jets. I'd love to see the Pack get a win against the Pats or Hawks in the next 2 weeks.

if nothing else these next 2 games will show where the Packers really stack up against playoff caliber teams.

These next 2 weeks are going to really show what kind of a team this is. Im not expecting wins in either games, but what i am going to look for is how some of these guys come out at the beginning of the game and how they respond to either a lead or being down to a couple good teams. If the Packers come out and have a couple good games against these teams it will show we are close and are only missing a couple parts to have a playoff team. These games will really expose our weeknesses, which is good for a young team that needs experience.

11-14-2006, 03:48 PM

These next 2 weeks are going to really show what kind of a team this is. Im not expecting wins in either games, but what i am going to look for is how some of these guys come out at the beginning of the game and how they respond to either a lead or being down to a couple good teams. If the Packers come out and have a couple good games against these teams it will show we are close and are only missing a couple parts to have a playoff team. These games will really expose our weeknesses, which is good for a young team that needs experience.

I concur. McCarthy has done an Amazing job IMO. The team makes mistakes, but he always finds a way to fix the problems. Which on this team, is pretty great.

I'd also like too note, I think Brett will retire this off-season, because he's having a good year and can finally go out on top. I also think that Aaron Rodgers will come in and deliver a Philip Rivers type year. With two years under the same offense, and being with the same receivers for two years will help him immensly.

Boston
11-14-2006, 03:50 PM

I concur. McCarthy has done an Amazing job IMO. The team makes mistakes, but he always finds a way to fix the problems. Which on this team, is pretty great.

I'd also like too note, I think Brett will retire this off-season, because he's having a good year and can finally go out on top. I also think that Aaron Rodgers will come in and deliver a Philip Rivers type year. With two years under the same offense, and being with the same receivers for two years will help him immensly.

The only reason he would quit to "go out on top" would be if they won the super bowl. We're not exactly a super bowl caliber team.

Jim Jim
11-14-2006, 03:52 PM
The Patriots are a good team, but aren't as OH MY GOD IT'S THE PATRIOTS anymore.

I think the game is very winnable.

I hope Morency can get back on the field though. I believe he is the Tatum Bell for our ZBS.

11-14-2006, 03:57 PM

The only reason he would quit to "go out on top" would be if they won the super bowl. We're not exactly a super bowl caliber team.
I was at the game and picked up some stuff from him after the game. I was watching him in the post game celebration, he was walking to freakin everybody giving them hugs and shaking their hands. His wife also came out of the box and congratulated him (pretty sure she does that every game, just thought i'd make not of it.) And of course the infamous goodbye to ragor (or watever hsi name is.)

And Bretts not stupid, he knows this wont be a Super Bowl caliber team for at least 2 seasons.

11-14-2006, 04:01 PM

I was at the game and picked up some stuff from him after the game. I was watching him in the post game celebration, he was walking to freakin everybody giving them hugs and shaking their hands. His wife also came out of the box and congratulated him (pretty sure she does that every game, just thought i'd make not of it.) And of course the infamous goodbye to ragor (or watever hsi name is.)

And Bretts not stupid, he knows this wont be a Super Bowl caliber team for at least 2 seasons.I also think he is going to retire after this year. I think he realizes that it will be Aaron Rodgers' time to perform and his time to step out of the spotlight. He will be able to leave after having a pretty good season and after proving a lot of people wrong by not throwing too many INT's.

roughrider30
11-14-2006, 04:02 PM

And Bretts not stupid, he knows this wont be a Super Bowl caliber team for at least 2 seasons.

maybe not but if they finish off the year strong they could very well be a playoff team next year, and that will be enough for favre to come back again. This year has been that much more fun for favre and he still looks and acts like a kid out there. He still has a couple good years left in him and if he has the slightest belief that they will have a playoff team next year i believe he will be back.

drowe
11-14-2006, 04:09 PM
if i were a betting man (i am) i'd say Brett's coming back next year...he's having fun, the team is young, the coach is young and seems to get along with Favre....and he's playing well.

but, i wouldn't be surprised either way.

that said....lets get off this subject...if we want to hear about his status for next year we could watch espn for 5 minutes.

ny10804
11-14-2006, 04:17 PM
If Favre comes back, we have 30 million in cap room. If he doesn't, we have 41 million.

I don't care either way.

TitleTown088
11-14-2006, 04:20 PM
if i were a betting man (i am) i'd say Brett's coming back next year...he's having fun, the team is young, the coach is young and seems to get along with Favre....and he's playing well.

but, i wouldn't be surprised either way.

that said....lets get off this subject...if we want to hear about his status for next year we could watch espn for 5 minutes.
no kidding i want to just enjoy the rest of the games watching brett without hearing about retirment.

11-14-2006, 04:20 PM
If Favre comes back, we have 30 million in cap room. If he doesn't, we have 41 million.

I don't care either way.Either way, that's a crap load of cap room.

What position do you think the Packers will sign someone in FA at???

roughrider30
11-14-2006, 04:27 PM

The two positions i could see them pursuing through FA

a proven WR that could work as a slot reciever and give competition to a draft pick, because i also think they will draft a WR on the first day.

and a saftey if they dont decied to draft one in the first round. if manuel isnt cutting by seasons end i think TT will go after a saftey either through the draft or through FA

TT doesnt really like to sign big name FAs usually though, except Woodson

I also think that the Pack could pursue Michael Turner, but they probably will have to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick

someone447
11-14-2006, 05:21 PM
I think Favre stays one more year. I think that would help Rodgers more than him leaving after this. I'm still wary about the whole Tedford thing. I think the farther removed from that he is, the better.

TitleTown088
11-14-2006, 05:36 PM

a proven WR that could work as a slot reciever and give competition to a draft pick, because i also think they will draft a WR on the first day.

and a saftey if they dont decied to draft one in the first round. if manuel isnt cutting by seasons end i think TT will go after a saftey either through the draft or through FA

I also think that the Pack could pursue Michael Turner, but they probably will have to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick

No way the pack will get a safey, TT likes manuel and they have collins, underwood and culver.

I'd love to see them pursue Turner and a CB.

why does the packers need a WR? KORO will be back next year, along with him driver and jennings looks pretty solid.

roughrider30
11-14-2006, 05:43 PM

No way the pack will get a safey, TT likes manuel and they have collins, underwood and culver.

I'd love to see them pursue Turner and a CB.

why does the packers need a WR? KORO will be back next year, along with him driver and jennings looks pretty solid.

they will go after a WR this offseason, because they have no depth behind those 3, and Robinson is unreliable as we have seen in the past. I would love for Robinson to work out in Green Bay, but if he doesnt we have Jennings and Driver with nothing behind them. I'm pretty sure he is also suspended for the first couple games of the year too, so what r we going to do for those weeks?

I dont want them to draft a WR in the first round like a lot of ppl were talking about, but i think that is a need that they have to address this offseason.

jennings is also a rookie halfway through the season, dont get too ahead of yourself. dont get me wrong, I love what he has done this year, but he could very well have a sophmore slump especially if Rodgers is QB.

70challenger457
11-14-2006, 06:27 PM
I really would perfer to get a WR in FA, a slot reciver is more of a now need, I'd rather spend draft picks in different positions, but i don't want to talk about that now

70challenger457
11-14-2006, 06:32 PM
come on guys cowboy's thead is got us by a page

GB12
11-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Couple things

1) I would like Favre to come back for one more year, then it's time to move on

2) There is no way I want a WR in round 1, unless somehow it's CJ.

70challenger457
11-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Couple things

1) I would like Favre to come back for one more year, then it's time to move on

2) There is no way I want a WR in round 1, unless somehow it's CJ.
agree with you 100%, farve can go out this year while still playing good ball, I just don't want to see him drag it on to the point where he gets benched. I would really like to give Rodgers the chance to play the traning camp as the starter and get the most reps posible
WR are always risky in the draft and we don't need any game busters, thats what greg jennings will be for.

Moses
11-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Packers Day One Draft Needs:

1) Runningback. Green is a free agent, aging, and injury-prone. Even if the Packers keep him, there needs to be depth behind him. Zone-blocking systems may be able to work with less talented backs but having a good back will make the running game that much better.
2) Cornerback. Beyond Al Harris and Charles Woodson, there is little here. Both are on the wrong side of 30 and their play is regressing. Packers need another corner to step in and play nickel as well as develop into a starter.
3) Wide Receiver. Jennings has been great and should continue to develop. Beyond him, there is only Donald Driver who is getting older and will need to be replaced in the next few seasons. The rest of the receivers are journeymen who likely are best suited for backup roles. Picking up a quality receiver to play slot or eventually develop into a starter is necessary.

70challenger457
11-14-2006, 07:17 PM
So do you guys think will blackmon has a chance to develop into a starter one day?

ny10804
11-14-2006, 08:02 PM

1) Runningback. Green is a free agent, aging, and injury-prone. Even if the Packers keep him, there needs to be depth behind him. Zone-blocking systems may be able to work with less talented backs but having a good back will make the running game that much better.
2) Cornerback. Beyond Al Harris and Charles Woodson, there is little here. Both are on the wrong side of 30 and their play is regressing. Packers need another corner to step in and play nickel as well as develop into a starter.
3) Wide Receiver. Jennings has been great and should continue to develop. Beyond him, there is only Donald Driver who is getting older and will need to be replaced in the next few seasons. The rest of the receivers are journeymen who likely are best suited for backup roles. Picking up a quality receiver to play slot or eventually develop into a starter is necessary.

4) Defensive End. KGB offers little to no support in the run game, and his pass rush skills are suspect. It may be that Kampy and his improved pass rushing skills are taking away the sacks that KGB would traditionally get. A big DE who could help out with the run is needed, which would allow KGB to spell the DEs on passing downs. I don't see too much in Michael Montgomery.

As for Blackmon, I think it'll take him the rest of this year and all of next year before he is starting-caliber. Him starting at this time would allow for C-Wood (who would be 32) to move to safety.

Boston
11-14-2006, 08:17 PM

4) Defensive End. KGB offers little to no support in the run game, and his pass rush skills are suspect. It may be that Kampy and his improved pass rushing skills are taking away the sacks that KGB would traditionally get. A big DE who could help out with the run is needed, which would allow KGB to spell the DEs on passing downs. I don't see too much in Michael Montgomery.

As for Blackmon, I think it'll take him the rest of this year and all of next year before he is starting-caliber. Him starting at this time would allow for C-Wood (who would be 32) to move to safety.

I love Montgomery. He seems to do rather well in run support, and can generate a nice pass rush.

70challenger457
11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
I'd actually consider DE more of a need than WR. KGB is just trash, he gets pushed around so much and just isn't worth the money

70challenger457
11-14-2006, 08:27 PM

I love Montgomery. He seems to do rather well in run support, and can generate a nice pass rush.
until I see more out of him I won't consider him anything more than a good backup

4pAc
11-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Come on people, the cowboys and ravens have more posts then us.

drowe
11-15-2006, 09:07 AM
Come on people, the cowboys and ravens have more posts then us.

eh, don't worry...the posts will take care of themselves....we don't wanna have meaningless posts just to build up our thread...just keep doing what we're doing

70challenger457
11-15-2006, 10:40 AM
we are making random posts by talking about who's ahead of us

Nitschke-Hawk
11-15-2006, 11:31 AM
This guy found this and posted it on Packersnews.com and I thought I'd pas it along, read if you like:

He says: "All credit to Cliff Christl for this piece.... This dang guy Reynolds SHOULD have given us a Dwight Freeney for 8 years off the edge. It would have allowed us to beat Philly that year. Painful. And same with Ferguson and no thought of Chambers. "

The Jamal Reynolds pick

There have been so many different versions offered by people in the Packers organization and various writers about the Jamal Reynolds pick in 2001 and whether retiring general manager Ron Wolf or Mike Sherman was mostly to blame that it might be instructive to look back at a story that appeared in The Sporting News in its April 30, 2001 edition. Paul Attner, a writer for the magazine, was given access to the Packers' draft room and wrote a first-hand account. It was emailed to me by one of our readers, Kevin Minshell, after I had recently written a column about how the 2001 draft was still haunting the Packers, more so than any other. What's interesting in Attner's account is that no mention is made of defensive tackle Marcus Stroud, who would have been an ideal pick there, and that the Packers' top two targets in the first round, Reynolds and Koren Robinson, both have been busts to this point.

Here's what Attner wrote:

"Wolf and Sherman were pretty confident that their first-round target - pass-rushing end Jamal Reynolds of Florida State - would still be around when they picked 10th in the first round. But that meant they needed to fix their other major need, receiver, in the second. And they were convinced that Robert Ferguson of Texas A&M would be gone by their present turn in that round. A trade with (Bill) Walsh would move them up six spots in the second, from 16 to 10, and from 18 to 9 in the third, and add a high fourth, where they currently had no choice. It meant giving up one of their three third-round picks in what became a five-for-three transaction. But Wolf knew Sherman, who was having trouble sleeping, would be buoyed by the positives of the deal.

"So four phone calls later, Walsh and Wolf agreed to agree. 'This could do it,' Sherman said to Wolf. Later that night at dinner, Wolf reviewed the 88th trade of his 10 years in Green Bay. 'In order for this to work, we've got to have both Reynolds and Ferguson,' he said. 'Otherwise, this might become the dumbest trade of my career. I could look like an idiot.'

"That would be a helluva way to go into retirement.

"In March, the Packers sent reserve quarterback Matt Hasselbeck to Seattle for an exchange of first-round choices and one of the Seahawks' third picks. The deal moved the Packers into the 10th spot of the opening round, assuring them of landing an impact player, a key aim of their draft strategy. The Seahawks dealt exclusively with Sherman, who would then talk to Wolf. The two men chuckled about how quickly things were changing.

"Now the 49ers deal has bolstered their spirits, and Wolf enters Saturday in a chipper mood. He had slept well the night before, and walked for an hour earlier in the morning. The draft room itself seems normal; it is filled with scouts, coaches, team executives and some members of the club's Executive Committee. Wolf thrives best in a casual atmosphere, with people moving in and out of the room, where he can joke and keep up a constant banter.

"As their first selection draws near, the room becomes quiet. The previous day, Wolf and Sherman had discussed strategy for three hours. Sherman had brought a laminated sheet, filled with 13 possible scenarios the Packers could face when their pick arrived. He had already checked off who he would select in each case. Now he wanted Wolfs thinking. They agreed every time. They expected either Reynolds or receiver Koren Robinson to be available. If both were there, they would go with Reynolds because they needed defensive linemen. If neither was around, they would go with defensive end Andre Carter, then linebacker Dan Morgan. No arguments allowed in Wolf's draft room, not when all the decisionmaking is already final.

"'Anyone nervous?' Wolf says after the fifth pick. 'I'm getting nervous. Isn't this exciting?' Gradually, a knot is growing in his stomach, just as it had done in 38 previous years. The knot increases when the 49ers trade with Seattle to get the draft's seventh pick. San Francisco needs a defensive lineman; maybe that means Reynolds. Instead, the 49ers go with Carter. When the Bears choose receiver David Terrell at eight, Wolf is ecstatic. 'We got one,' he says. Reynolds and Robinson are still on the board.

"The Seahawks, picking next, select Robinson. The Packers already are calling Reynolds. 'We are considering taking you as our first pick; do you think it is a good one?' Sherman says to him. Reynolds tells him yes. 'I thought so,' says Sherman. Laughter fills the draft room.

"Wolf jokingly asks Reggie McKenzie, his director of pro personnel, if Reynolds has two arms and two legs. McKenzie, straight-faced, assures him he does. He soon tells scouting coordinator Danny Mock to give Reynolds' name to the Packers' draft liaison in New York.

"When (Paul) Tagliabue makes the announcement, everyone in the room breaks into sustained applause. Wolf smiles.

"Before the second-round pick, Edie sits with him in the draft room. They usually eat dinner together at the end of the draft, as they will do this year, but she double dips with a first-day session. It is a family affair; son Eliot, a college freshman and aspiring general manager, places names on the team-by-team draft board. Edie brings him good luck. Ferguson is still available when the Packers' turn comes. Sherman and Wolf nod at each other. Wolf isn't an idiot after all.

"Sherman, just two years removed from being an assistant coach, has spent the past seven weeks getting a crash course in drafting from Wolf. Sherman would make notes and then enter them in a journal. 'Wolfisms,' he calls them. 'What better resource can I ask for than to have this man?' he says. 'He has developed a Packer Way. We grind out the draft, evaluating and then reevaluating. And he involves everyone, coaches and scouts. We'd like to keep the model going.' Wolf will be a consultant for three years; Sherman says he will call on him often.

"'It is amazing when it works, isn't it?' says Wolf after the first day. He's convinced Reynolds will be an immediate starter; Ferguson also should be one within a season. They later grab two project-type players in the third round, cornerback Bhawoh Jue and linebacker Torrance Marshall, then begin the second day by selecting guard Bill Ferrario of Wisconsin in the fourth. Wolf spends Sunday morning fretting that he should have chosen Ferrario in the third, so he is relieved that he is still available. To take his mind off things, he sits in his office and watches a car race.

"At 2:12 p.m. Central time, the Packers' last selection of the draft, in the sixth round, is announced. It is a classic scouting pick-a sleeper, David Martin of Tennessee, a wide receiver Wolf believes can make it as a right end. 'He's one of those players you want because you want to show you can project someone's talent that others might miss,' says Wolf. Before the announcement is made in New York, the Packers' draft room fills in anticipation of the moment. Sustained cheers greet the choice of Martin, the final pick of Wolf's decade in Green Bay. The previous day, all the scouts and personnel staff had posed for group and individual pictures with him. Now someone yells, 'Speech, speech.'"

Nitschke-Hawk
11-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Something else someone passed along to me on that site:

http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/li/lilkids/OS_1.jpg

8)

drowe
11-15-2006, 11:47 AM
wow, i really liked that draft article. good find.

johbur
11-15-2006, 02:11 PM

Very true. Amazing how all that hard work goes into the draft and only the 6th rounder pans out. If Reynolds had been Dwight Freeney prior to there being Dwight Freeney, the Packers would have had some deeper playoff runs those three years they won the NFC North. As Jamal got injured and you can never predict that, I still find the taking of Ferguson over Chris Chambers more painful.

I'd like to see the same guy detail what a TT draft looks like. There must be a lot of phone time with all the trading down he does. Their draft board likely looks like no one else's. Heck, Tony Moll was considered a project and wasn't on any scouting agencies' draft list even as a 7th rounder. Yet he's going to have started 5 games for the Packers this year and has done a heck of a job unlike TT's guy last year who started 16 games at OG.

TitleTown088
11-15-2006, 05:40 PM
anyone noticed any similarities between the two?

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/25/256963.jpg

http://www.mortystv.com/showcards/major_dad.jpg

70challenger457
11-15-2006, 06:27 PM

Very true. Amazing how all that hard work goes into the draft and only the 6th rounder pans out. If Reynolds had been Dwight Freeney prior to there being Dwight Freeney, the Packers would have had some deeper playoff runs those three years they won the NFC North. As Jamal got injured and you can never predict that, I still find the taking of Ferguson over Chris Chambers more painful.

I'd like to see the same guy detail what a TT draft looks like. There must be a lot of phone time with all the trading down he does. Their draft board likely looks like no one else's. Heck, Tony Moll was considered a project and wasn't on any scouting agencies' draft list even as a 7th rounder. Yet he's going to have started 5 games for the Packers this year and has done a heck of a job unlike TT's guy last year who started 16 games at OG.
Any draft Sherman was involved in was trash, really wish we would have saw that sooner

ny10804
11-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Looking back on the draft day trades:

Javon Walker and the 139th pick (Quinn Ojinnaka, OT) for Daryn Colledge, Will Blackmon, Ingle Martin, Johnny Jolly, and Tyrone Culver. Grade - B

- Considering the level Javon's playing at right now, he definitely appears worth more than the 37th pick. Daryn has played well, Blackmon looks promising, Martin looks OK, Jolly has been decent, and Culver has been decent.

The 36th pick (Chad Jackson) for Greg Jennings and Jason Spitz. Grade - A.

- Greg has outperformed Jackson, and Spitz has played well at guard and continues to improve.

jackalope
11-15-2006, 09:19 PM

Javon Walker and the 139th pick (Quinn Ojinnaka, OT) for Daryn Colledge, Will Blackmon, Ingle Martin, Johnny Jolly, and Tyrone Culver. Grade - B

- Considering the level Javon's playing at right now, he definitely appears worth more than the 37th pick. Daryn has played well, Blackmon looks promising, Martin looks OK, Jolly has been decent, and Culver has been decent.

- Greg has outperformed Jackson, and Spitz has played well at guard and continues to improve.i have full confidence in TT. he obviously knows what he's doing. his trading down system has paid off.

interesting draft article. it's a shame the draft went as it did, Wolf was usually great.

70challenger457
11-15-2006, 09:36 PM

- Greg has outperformed Jackson, and Spitz has played well at guard and continues to improve.i have full confidence in TT. he obviously knows what he's doing. his trading down system has paid off.

interesting draft article. it's a shame the draft went as it did, Wolf was usually great.
TT is a god sent and is saving the franshice from what sherman did, or shall I say didn't do

Twiddler
11-15-2006, 10:04 PM

- Greg has outperformed Jackson, and Spitz has played well at guard and continues to improve.

I agree with your grade on the second trade but I'd bump the first one up a bit. Maybe to a B+ or A-. Reason being that even though Javon is playing greatly right now, there is no way he would have played that way for us or at all for that matter. It was a situation where either we play "hardball" with him for the year and try to see if we can get him back on board or we trade him and get the current value that he had through a trade. And every single player is still on the roster and has a possible bright future.

bearsfan_51
11-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Hey Packers fans:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/chiefmasterkeef/trash.jpg

Got any cheese?!?!

Vince Lombardi
11-16-2006, 02:20 AM

TT is a god sent and is saving the franshice from what sherman did, or shall I say didn't do

I've been saying it forever now, but TT has done a remarkable job at drafting and clearing out the guys that have just been eating up cap space. He's rebuilt the Packers into a team infused with youth and talent that should be able to compete in a year or so as they mature.

Vince Lombardi
11-16-2006, 02:22 AM
This guy found this and posted it on Packersnews.com and I thought I'd pas it along, read if you like:

He says: "All credit to Cliff Christl for this piece.... This dang guy Reynolds SHOULD have given us a Dwight Freeney for 8 years off the edge. It would have allowed us to beat Philly that year. Painful. And same with Ferguson and no thought of Chambers. "

The Jamal Reynolds pick

There have been so many different versions offered by people in the Packers organization and various writers about the Jamal Reynolds pick in 2001 and whether retiring general manager Ron Wolf or Mike Sherman was mostly to blame that it might be instructive to look back at a story that appeared in The Sporting News in its April 30, 2001 edition. Paul Attner, a writer for the magazine, was given access to the Packers' draft room and wrote a first-hand account. It was emailed to me by one of our readers, Kevin Minshell, after I had recently written a column about how the 2001 draft was still haunting the Packers, more so than any other. What's interesting in Attner's account is that no mention is made of defensive tackle Marcus Stroud, who would have been an ideal pick there, and that the Packers' top two targets in the first round, Reynolds and Koren Robinson, both have been busts to this point.

Here's what Attner wrote:

"Wolf and Sherman were pretty confident that their first-round target - pass-rushing end Jamal Reynolds of Florida State - would still be around when they picked 10th in the first round. But that meant they needed to fix their other major need, receiver, in the second. And they were convinced that Robert Ferguson of Texas A&M would be gone by their present turn in that round. A trade with (Bill) Walsh would move them up six spots in the second, from 16 to 10, and from 18 to 9 in the third, and add a high fourth, where they currently had no choice. It meant giving up one of their three third-round picks in what became a five-for-three transaction. But Wolf knew Sherman, who was having trouble sleeping, would be buoyed by the positives of the deal.

"So four phone calls later, Walsh and Wolf agreed to agree. 'This could do it,' Sherman said to Wolf. Later that night at dinner, Wolf reviewed the 88th trade of his 10 years in Green Bay. 'In order for this to work, we've got to have both Reynolds and Ferguson,' he said. 'Otherwise, this might become the dumbest trade of my career. I could look like an idiot.'

"That would be a helluva way to go into retirement.

"In March, the Packers sent reserve quarterback Matt Hasselbeck to Seattle for an exchange of first-round choices and one of the Seahawks' third picks. The deal moved the Packers into the 10th spot of the opening round, assuring them of landing an impact player, a key aim of their draft strategy. The Seahawks dealt exclusively with Sherman, who would then talk to Wolf. The two men chuckled about how quickly things were changing.

"Now the 49ers deal has bolstered their spirits, and Wolf enters Saturday in a chipper mood. He had slept well the night before, and walked for an hour earlier in the morning. The draft room itself seems normal; it is filled with scouts, coaches, team executives and some members of the club's Executive Committee. Wolf thrives best in a casual atmosphere, with people moving in and out of the room, where he can joke and keep up a constant banter.

"As their first selection draws near, the room becomes quiet. The previous day, Wolf and Sherman had discussed strategy for three hours. Sherman had brought a laminated sheet, filled with 13 possible scenarios the Packers could face when their pick arrived. He had already checked off who he would select in each case. Now he wanted Wolfs thinking. They agreed every time. They expected either Reynolds or receiver Koren Robinson to be available. If both were there, they would go with Reynolds because they needed defensive linemen. If neither was around, they would go with defensive end Andre Carter, then linebacker Dan Morgan. No arguments allowed in Wolf's draft room, not when all the decisionmaking is already final.

"'Anyone nervous?' Wolf says after the fifth pick. 'I'm getting nervous. Isn't this exciting?' Gradually, a knot is growing in his stomach, just as it had done in 38 previous years. The knot increases when the 49ers trade with Seattle to get the draft's seventh pick. San Francisco needs a defensive lineman; maybe that means Reynolds. Instead, the 49ers go with Carter. When the Bears choose receiver David Terrell at eight, Wolf is ecstatic. 'We got one,' he says. Reynolds and Robinson are still on the board.

"The Seahawks, picking next, select Robinson. The Packers already are calling Reynolds. 'We are considering taking you as our first pick; do you think it is a good one?' Sherman says to him. Reynolds tells him yes. 'I thought so,' says Sherman. Laughter fills the draft room.

"Wolf jokingly asks Reggie McKenzie, his director of pro personnel, if Reynolds has two arms and two legs. McKenzie, straight-faced, assures him he does. He soon tells scouting coordinator Danny Mock to give Reynolds' name to the Packers' draft liaison in New York.

"When (Paul) Tagliabue makes the announcement, everyone in the room breaks into sustained applause. Wolf smiles.

"Before the second-round pick, Edie sits with him in the draft room. They usually eat dinner together at the end of the draft, as they will do this year, but she double dips with a first-day session. It is a family affair; son Eliot, a college freshman and aspiring general manager, places names on the team-by-team draft board. Edie brings him good luck. Ferguson is still available when the Packers' turn comes. Sherman and Wolf nod at each other. Wolf isn't an idiot after all.

"Sherman, just two years removed from being an assistant coach, has spent the past seven weeks getting a crash course in drafting from Wolf. Sherman would make notes and then enter them in a journal. 'Wolfisms,' he calls them. 'What better resource can I ask for than to have this man?' he says. 'He has developed a Packer Way. We grind out the draft, evaluating and then reevaluating. And he involves everyone, coaches and scouts. We'd like to keep the model going.' Wolf will be a consultant for three years; Sherman says he will call on him often.

"'It is amazing when it works, isn't it?' says Wolf after the first day. He's convinced Reynolds will be an immediate starter; Ferguson also should be one within a season. They later grab two project-type players in the third round, cornerback Bhawoh Jue and linebacker Torrance Marshall, then begin the second day by selecting guard Bill Ferrario of Wisconsin in the fourth. Wolf spends Sunday morning fretting that he should have chosen Ferrario in the third, so he is relieved that he is still available. To take his mind off things, he sits in his office and watches a car race.

"At 2:12 p.m. Central time, the Packers' last selection of the draft, in the sixth round, is announced. It is a classic scouting pick-a sleeper, David Martin of Tennessee, a wide receiver Wolf believes can make it as a right end. 'He's one of those players you want because you want to show you can project someone's talent that others might miss,' says Wolf. Before the announcement is made in New York, the Packers' draft room fills in anticipation of the moment. Sustained cheers greet the choice of Martin, the final pick of Wolf's decade in Green Bay. The previous day, all the scouts and personnel staff had posed for group and individual pictures with him. Now someone yells, 'Speech, speech.'"

Let's never speak of Jamal Reynolds again, shall we. :?

70challenger457
11-16-2006, 10:23 AM
all right guys, this line, is the line that the name jamal Reynolds will never cross in this disscusion ever.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twiddler
11-16-2006, 10:44 AM
J***l R******s

PacMan
11-16-2006, 11:23 AM
I was listening to the KFAN minnesota sports radio, and they kept talking about how the Vikes have put so much money into their offensive line. I mean millions and millions and we just ravaged them. We have 2 rookie starters...now 3 rookie starters...and we shut out what could be one of the best D-Lines in the nfl. That just really stood out to me. McCarthy has these guys playing well. Childress is already losing the confidence of his team. Let's hope McCarty's Pack keeps it up.

P.S. Who cares about Jamal Reynolds.....old news brah!!

70challenger457
11-16-2006, 11:29 AM
I was listening to the KFAN minnesota sports radio, and they kept talking about how the Vikes have put so much money into their offensive line. I mean millions and millions and we just ravaged them. We have 2 rookie starters...now 3 rookie starters...and we shut out what could be one of the best D-Lines in the nfl. That just really stood out to me. McCarthy has these guys playing well. Childress is already losing the confidence of his team. Let's hope McCarty's Pack keeps it up.

P.S. Who cares about J**** R******s.....old news brah!!
fix it for ya, his name is band from this disscussion

Nitschke-Hawk
11-16-2006, 11:32 AM
The post wasn't about JR, it was about the entire draft

TitleTown088
11-16-2006, 12:11 PM

P.S. Who cares about Jamal Reynolds.....old news brah!!
the pack didn't exactly shut down the queens d line, i mean maybe in pass portection, but the run game did horrible, so in a sense it wasn't that good of showing for our offensive line IMO.

johbur
11-16-2006, 12:39 PM

P.S. Who cares about J R.....old news brah!!

Agreed about their O-line. I love that they have such a huge amount tied up on the line. To keep the Williams and the rest of the Minnetonka defense from getting a sack was a great performance in pass protection. When this line matures a bit, then you'll start to see them be able to get the run blocking done as well. Then again, maybe Minnesota game planned to go after the run and that is why they got smoked in the air.

Our O-line coaches have done a great job, the rooks have been competing at a high level, and the best thing is that they've kept Favre from getting too much. If he's not going to be hit all that much, and this young team is just going to get better, maybe he'll decide to come back next year.

sik wit it
11-16-2006, 02:46 PM
it feels so good to be back..... I can't wait for the game this week, its going to be very interesting to see how it plays out. Patriots have two straight loses and it looks like they may be losing their patriot magic, but then again its Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. The Packers seem to be almost firing on all cylinders and I know they can win, but I can't imagine the Patriots losing three in a row. Where have all the MM and TT haters gone?

Moses
11-16-2006, 02:57 PM
it feels so good to be back..... I can't wait for the game this week, its going to be very interesting to see how it plays out. Patriots have two straight loses and it looks like they may be losing their patriot magic, but then again its Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. The Packers seem to be almost firing on all cylinders and I know they can win, but I can't imagine the Patriots losing three in a row. Where have all the MM and TT haters gone?

I always liked Ted Thompson although I did have my doubts about Mike McCarthy. I wasn't completely opposed to making him head coach, but it didn't make sense at the time. He was the offensive coordinators of the worst offence in the league.

TitleTown088
11-16-2006, 04:09 PM

I always liked Ted Thompson although I did have my doubts about Mike McCarthy. I wasn't completely opposed to making him head coach, but it didn't make sense at the time. He was the offensive coordinators of the worst offence in the league.

MM is doing just fine on offense right now IMO, and BTW sik wit it, where did you go?

sik wit it
11-16-2006, 04:49 PM

MM is doing just fine on offense right now IMO, and BTW sik wit it, where did you go?
i got suspended indefinitely from calling a mod a jackass. I randomly decided to check in the first time in two months or so to see if I could log in. All of my posts and my sig got deleted but i can't complain.

DHVF
11-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Anyone want this Favre sig:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/brad_663/Favre-1.png

sik wit it
11-16-2006, 05:03 PM
dibs

roughrider30
11-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Anyone want this Favre sig:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/brad_663/Favre-1.png

i like it nice job

70challenger457
11-16-2006, 06:39 PM
thats good stuff

ny10804
11-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Here's the contract status for the Pack's starters/key subs:

Position | Player | Last year of contract

DE | Aaron Kampman | 2009
DE | KGB | 2009
DE | Mike Montgomery | 2008
DT | Ryan Pickett | 2009
DT | Corey Williams | 2007
DT | Colin Cole | 2006
LB | Nick Barnett | 2007
LB | Brady Poppinga | 2008
LB | AJ Hawk | 2011
LB | Abdul Hodge | 2009
CB | Al Harris | 2009
CB | Charles Woodson | 2012
S | Nick Collins | 2009
S | Marquand Manuel | 2010

QB | Brett Favre | 2010
QB | Aaron Rodgers | 2009
RB | Ahman Green | 2006
RB | Vernand Morency | 2007
FB | Brandon Miree | 2007
FB | William Henderson | 2007
TE | Bubba Franks | 2011
TE | David Martin | 2006
WR | Donald Driver | 2009
WR | Greg Jennings | 2009
WR | Ruvell Martin | 2007
T | Chad Clifton | 2009
T | Mark Tauscher | 2008
G | Daryn Colledge | 2009
G | Jason Spitz | 2009
G | Tony Moll | NA
C | Scott Wells | 2011

Which players do you want the Pack to extend during this season or the offseason?

70challenger457
11-16-2006, 06:43 PM
I thought barrnet was in his contract year

11-16-2006, 06:46 PM
We have Bubba Franks untill 2011, Ouch :lol:

ny10804
11-16-2006, 06:48 PM

Well, he's not...

Yea, that 7 year deal made me scratch my head.

70challenger457
11-16-2006, 07:15 PM

Well, he's not...

Yea, that 7 year deal made me scratch my head.
well, maybe he can beef up and become a tackle. I think thats the only way he's sticking around much longer

NAVY
11-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Barnett does have another year.... look at his contract.

As for bubba. He will be here a while. He is needed more as blocker right now.

roughrider30
11-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I want to see them give Martin an extention I think hes done a good job this year.

jackalope
11-16-2006, 09:10 PM
I want to see them give Martin an extention I think hes done a good job this year.agreed. Martin's been great and i'd like to see him come back.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-16-2006, 10:02 PM
who do u guys think the pack would take dwayne jarrett or sidney rice?

DHVF
11-16-2006, 10:07 PM
who do u guys think the pack would take dwayne jarrett or sidney rice?Why would the Pack need to take a 3rd WR with their 1st rounder. I think there are more pressing needs. A position I think they should go after at some point is SS, as Manuel is not the future there.

roughrider30
11-16-2006, 10:11 PM
who do u guys think the pack would take dwayne jarrett or sidney rice?

no i dont think that they will go WR first round, and if even if they did I think that Ginn would be a lot more likely.

I think that Rice is going to stay another year anyways.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
11-16-2006, 10:17 PM
yea i would love them to get lynch.....

DHVF
11-16-2006, 10:23 PM
yea i would love them to get lynch.....I dunno, that all depends on how much they think of Morency. A good first two rounds for the Pack IMO, would be something like Marshawn Lynch in the first followed by Brandon Merriweather in the second.

TitleTown088
11-16-2006, 10:38 PM
yea i would love them to get lynch.....I dunno, that all depends on how much they think of Morency. A good first two rounds for the Pack IMO, would be something like Marshawn Lynch in the first followed by Brandon Merriweather in the second.

you really think TT is going to give up on manuel after one season? and do you think Merriweather is a "packer person"

Moses
11-16-2006, 10:54 PM

you really think TT is going to give up on manuel after one season? and do you think Merriweather is a "packer person"

There is very little chance the Packers take a safety early. Nick Collins has solidified himself at the FS position at this point and Marquand Manuel is signed long-term. Also, Tyrone Culver and Marviel Underwood have showed potential. Adding another youngster to the safety position would be pointless and just create a logjam.

The secondary will most likely be addressed early but in the form of a cornerback.

TitleTown088
11-17-2006, 12:28 AM

There is very little chance the Packers take a safety early. Nick Collins has solidified himself at the FS position at this point and Marquand Manuel is signed long-term. Also, Tyrone Culver and Marviel Underwood have showed potential. Adding another youngster to the safety position would be pointless and just create a logjam.

The secondary will most likely be addressed early but in the form of a cornerback.
see that is what i think too, but everyone else i talk to is screaming for laron landry or somthing like that, IMO the pack needs to get RB and CB in the 1st and 2nd day.

roughrider30
11-17-2006, 01:23 AM

see that is what i think too, but everyone else i talk to is screaming for laron landry or somthing like that, IMO the pack needs to get RB and CB in the 1st and 2nd day.

I agree those are our two biggest needs right now. they should go with Lynch 1st and then look for a CB or a WR in the 2nd and 3rd. WR also needs to be addressed this offseason either in the draft or FA.

Hey but whats all of this talk about the draft already? Were not out of the playoff hunt yet. Lets change subjects.

how do u guys think this weeks game against the Pats is going to go?

TitleTown088
11-17-2006, 01:37 AM

I agree those are our two biggest needs right now. they should go with Lynch 1st and then look for a CB or a WR in the 2nd and 3rd. WR also needs to be addressed this offseason either in the draft or FA.

Hey but whats all of this talk about the draft already? Were not out of the playoff hunt yet. Lets change subjects.

how do u guys think this weeks game against the Pats is going to go? I think the reason were talking about the draft is because we don
t want to talk about the game this sunday...

roughrider30
11-17-2006, 02:04 AM
ya maybe..

but come on were only halfway through the season and i myself am excited to watch the games these next 2 weeks.
I really want to see if this team is real, and these weeks will show how far we actually are from a playoff team.