PDA

View Full Version : Straight from April 2008

Crazy_Chris
02-09-2008, 04:28 AM
http://www.mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/Crazy_Chris.aspx

3 Rounds, no trades, constructive criticism appreciated.

Forenci
02-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Sweet Giants draft.

The more I see of Baker, the more I feel he's an underrated player coming into the draft. He's an excellent pass blocker, who's run blocking skills are becoming vastly overlooked. Diehl played above and beyond all expectations, but you can tell it's not his natural position as he does struggle at times. Move Diehl back into LG, and he immediately becomes a pro-bowl caliber guard, or close to it. Plus it would address the issue of depth on the line because Seubert, while doing an admirable job this season, is not a starter. He's a top tier back up though.

Brandon Flowers would be an awesome pick for us there. A very nice steal, as I feel like he's a early-mid 2nd Rounder, so to get him at the bottom would be great. Ross played magnificent this year, but Madison and RW are getting older, so Flowers would be an awesome asset to this team.

Geno Hayes is the only pick that scares me. While I do think he's an great talent, and a steal in terms of talent at that point in the draft, his character issues scare me. I would rather pass on him, if only for that reason. The Giants have a tenancy to steer away from those guys. Still, if he keeps his act together, an awesome pick up for Big Blue.

Bills2083
02-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Good Bills Draft.

T-RICH49
02-09-2008, 08:25 AM
such a good Chiefs draft I could cry

Yung Flippa
02-09-2008, 12:05 PM
HATE Baltimore's pick, we don't hesitate to take Vernon Ghloston. Good Houston pick. Good 2nd for the Ravens. Good 3rd for Houston.

GDWTheSickness
02-09-2008, 12:10 PM
man, rather have DRC and mendenhall in the first for the cowboys. but i love hawkins, and dajuan morgan isn't a bad pick. i give ur mock a solid B

BeerBaron
02-09-2008, 12:18 PM
excellent bears draft.

williams could slot in right away at either guard or RT while developing to be a LT down the road.

i like the woodson pick in round 2. i got to see him play quite a few times this year against some really top quality competition and he hasnt failed to impress me any of the times. probably good the senior bowl dropped him a bit, makes him cheaper

i like the third rounders too. both needs that get filled

Jakey
02-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Good 1st two picks for the Steelers, but i cant see them passing on Dre Moore in the 3rd. DE is also a pretty big need for us. Good effort though. A-

DLionALL
02-09-2008, 12:46 PM
You sir, have done a very excellent Eagles draft. Hit the nail right on the head in Round 1 with Campbell. Adding a solid WR in the 2nd round works perfectly and getting some Secondary depth fills out some of our bigger concerns. Nice job.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-09-2008, 12:46 PM
If Vernon Ghloston in at our pick I doubt we will pass on him. NO way we take Brohm, hes jsut not top 10 material if you ask me

bearfan
02-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Great Bears draft, you nailed some needs in the 1st 2 rounds, and I got a bit weary of what you would do in the 3rd, but I like the draft for us. Nice job.

msealy2
02-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Love the Vikings draft

Thunder&Lightning
02-09-2008, 03:54 PM
dont like balmer for sd at all

Crazy_Chris
02-09-2008, 05:37 PM
HATE Baltimore's pick, we don't hesitate to take Vernon Ghloston. Good Houston pick. Good 2nd for the Ravens. Good 3rd for Houston.

If Vernon Ghloston in at our pick I doubt we will pass on him. NO way we take Brohm, hes jsut not top 10 material if you ask me

I thought it was expected that Baltimore slaps Franchise tag on T-Sizzle so I didn't put much thought into them drafting Gholston.

dont like balmer for sd at all

To be honest i didn't like it much either at first but in the end I thought he presented the best combination of value and need.

Thanks for all the comments so far... need more!

defensiveback23
02-09-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm not a fan of the Balmer pick because the Chargers do not need a DE. I really like Cromartie and I think he would be an appropriate pick with Smith/Cherilus gone.

Cashmoney
02-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Not a bad Titans draft. It's just I really do get tired of seeing Sweed as our first rounder in 95 percent of all mock drafts.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-09-2008, 06:21 PM
terrible 1st round pick for Oakland.and maybe an even worse reasoning.Ellis or McFadden much more likely pick here.

Crazy_Chris
02-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Not a bad Titans draft. It's just I really do get tired of seeing Sweed as our first rounder in 95 percent of all mock drafts.

Sorry bro i know how you feel, Desean Jackson is the Vikings pick about 85% of the time.

terrible 1st round pick for Oakland.and maybe an even worse reasoning.Ellis or McFadden much more likely pick here.

Having a Franchise Blind Side protecter is the second most important offensive position behind QB. Thats a bad reason for the raiders to select him?

energizerbunny
02-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Having a Franchise Blind Side protecter is the second most important offensive position behind QB. Thats a bad reason for the raiders to select him?

Sounds like Mario Henderson could be their guy on the blindside, although he'll turn into a great pro I don't believe he is worth passing on a guy like Sed Ellis who can come in and make an immediate impact.

49ers have a strong interior line with Bass,Heitmann and Larry Allen, although Allen is getting older they have former 2nd round pick Justin Smiley waiting in the wings. Although I could see them taking Albert and trying to make him a right tackle so its not that bad of selection.

I think its almost impossible for the Lions to pass on Derrick Harvey to draft a guy who doesn't really fit their system at all in Dan Connor.

I have a difficult time seeing both Stewart and Jones going ahead of Mendenhall, but crazier things have happened

Bobo
02-09-2008, 08:05 PM
I just don't like Sweed as a first rounder.

But the TE Bennett in the 2nd would be nice. The Titans need a TE....maybe even more than WR.

Mayo in the 3rd is a bit of a luxury, but I love him as a player. May not pay anything but ST's dividends for awhile, but could be a solid starter one day.

d34ng3l021
02-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Jake Long is a terrible fit for the Raiders. They run a ZBS where the OL has to be light on their feet. Long on the other hand, is not.

Matt Ryan: Good pick. Either him or McFadden. Wont complain with either one.

Reshard Mendenhall: Amazing pick, not realistic though. He is too good and will most likely go in the first, unless he has a terrible combine time.

Erin Henderson: Wouldnt play WLB if he comes to the Falcons. WLB is locked up for another 8 years with Michael Boley. He could play MLB though. I like him and Wheeler.

Good OL pick in the 3rd, but I kind of wish we had addressed it earlier.

energizerbunny
02-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Jake Long is a terrible fit for the Raiders. They run a ZBS where the OL has to be light on their feet. Long on the other hand, is not.

Jake Long actaully gained his reputation for being such a great offensive lineman in the zone blocking system that Michigan has employed for the last two seasons. Jake Long by no means is heavy footed, he can defiantly move.... and he has defiantly proved he can play in the zone system.

Although I doubt they go OTackle since they drafted a fanastic project player last season in Mario Henderson from Florida State

Crazy_Chris
02-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Didn't see to much of Mario Henderson if they really believe he can be their guy than I could see them pass. However if there is any question in their mind as to if he can be the guy I don't see how they could pass on Jake Long.

Reshard Mendenhall: Amazing pick, not realistic though. He is too good and will most likely go in the first, unless he has a terrible combine time.

I think he could realistcally fall out of the first round not too many teams in desperate need at RB.

Erin Henderson: Wouldnt play WLB if he comes to the Falcons. WLB is locked up for another 8 years with Michael Boley. He could play MLB though. I like him and Wheeler.

I coulda swore the Michael Boley was a SOLB not WOLB oh well Erin could play any LB position IMO.

Thanks for the commments again

thebow305
02-10-2008, 12:41 AM
ok phins draft... would rather have Cason than Doucet though. We need corners BADLY!

fenikz
02-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Good Cardinals draft, but I much rather have Forte then Smith, Forte would be a huge steal in the 3rd

BaLLiN
02-10-2008, 08:07 AM
I love this draft. the only pick i might change for the giants would be to either try to pick up a SS in the first or 3rd, but otherwise i'd just change the giants first to Pat Sims, but baker is good too.

02-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Al could and will pass on Jake Long because he always falls in love with the physical freaks of the draft in this case McFadden. If he actually uses some logic he will go with Ellis.

heavyduty
02-10-2008, 11:16 AM
couldn't really ask for a better bills draft

Vikes99ej
02-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Beautiful mock, Chris.

Go_Eagles77
02-10-2008, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't mind that eagles draft.

Crazy_Chris
02-11-2008, 02:21 AM
I love this draft. the only pick i might change for the giants would be to either try to pick up a SS in the first or 3rd, but otherwise i'd just change the giants first to Pat Sims, but baker is good too.

I had Pat Sims there for a little bit, but than I changed my mind to Sam Baker.