PDA

View Full Version : Cuts

Quagmire
02-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Well, the cuts officially started today. Not surprised about the big name 4 (Green, Booker, Shelton, Traylor) Kind of surprised about Alabi and Toledo. Figured guys like that would at least make it to camp considering they were cheap and young. The OL is going to be vastly different than it was last yr. It looks like the focus in FA may be on the OL. Can't see them drafting 2 to 3 starters on the OL and having them play as rookies.....

This is going to be one crazy offseason.......................

thebow305
02-11-2008, 05:37 PM
agreed. Would love to go after Wahle from Carolina, who was just cut today as well. Would love to get Flozell Adams or Alan Faneca the most though!

Joeyjr09
02-11-2008, 07:22 PM
agreed. Would love to go after Wahle from Carolina, who was just cut today as well. Would love to get Flozell Adams or Alan Faneca the most though!

Not at all surprised by the cuts today of any of the OL. I didn't think it would happen this soon but I knew they were coming sooner or later. Just way too different a philosophy between what Houck brought and what Sparano wants.

Wahle and Faneca I seriously doubt will happen. If we are gonna take on agin vets I'd expect them to be a spots like WR and QB were we need stability while we develope some younger players. OL you can usually throw in the fire and they learn on the fly much the way Ugoh, McNeil and Satele have done in recent years.

One thing is for sure though. We will be seeing a bunch of 330 pounds monster come running in here for our OL and I love it.

draftguru151
02-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Our OL was already one of the biggest in the league, not sure why you love it when it's what was already here.

Joeyjr09
02-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Our OL was already one of the biggest in the league, not sure why you love it when it's what was already here.

The Dolphins line:
Vernon Carey - 335
Chris Lewinski - 325
Samson Satele - 300
Rex Hadnot - 325
LJ Shelton - 340

Cowboys line:
Flozell Adams - 340
Kyle Kosier - 300
Andre Gurode - 315
Leonard Davis - 355
Marc Colombo - 320

Similar sizes yes. What I was getting at was the ideals in how those people were used. Parcells likes his guys to be wide, eat up space and maul people over. He pretty much turns them into a brick wall. The Dolphins line of the past has been more finesse. They were asked to remember assiments, use proper leverage and technique and move in space. To put it bluntly, Parcells lines just hold their ground and allow the people behind them to work while the Dolphins lines were require to set up the schemes so that the players could work in them.

Not sure if that comes across how I'm meaning it to. Struggling to find the right wording.