PDA

View Full Version : 5 Round Mock, New Picks

rockio42
02-11-2008, 09:59 PM
http://www.mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/rockio42.aspx

some new picks and i went for 5 rounds this time, ask me if you need explaining for a pick and i will be happy

comments are appreciated

GB12
02-11-2008, 10:05 PM
ask me if you need explaining for a pick and i will be happy
3rd round DT for Green Bay

fischbowl
02-11-2008, 10:08 PM
I see youve modeled mine and woots bills draft rockio.

A++++++++++++ except I prefer Hef over Allen in round 5

gsorace
02-11-2008, 10:09 PM
ask me if you need explaining for a pick and i will be happy

Glenn Dorsey to the Jets

rockio42
02-11-2008, 10:11 PM
3rd round DT for Green Bay

quick counter-question explain Justin Harrell in the first last year

onto the real question...Corey Williams is leaving most likely and even if they did draft Harrell last year they love have a DL rotation and Guion is a underated guy who can add great depth

rockio42
02-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Glenn Dorsey to the Jets

worst case scenario for the Jets considering who is takin before them but Dorsey is a great athlete and even though he is a horrible fit, Mangini is a smart guy who was brought up in a orginazation who maked people fit and he can make Dorsey fit again

fenikz
02-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Cardinals

1. Kenny Phillips - Great pick, some reason he is getting a bad wrap from people on this board but the man is all production and placing him beside Wilson is a very deadly duo - A+

2. Shawn Crable - He is a perfect fit for what we need in a 3-4 Pass rushing OLB - B+

3. Tashard Choice - I personally would prefer Forte because i feel he is a more ocmplete back but both a good value there and i wouldn't complain - B

4. Barry Richardson - We can always use good O-Line depth and a few years under Grimm and he could take over full time for Gandy - B

5. Jermichael Finley - Although he would be a huge steal there he isn't the type of TE that we need, Pope and Patrick are great receiving TE's what we need now is a solid run blocking one, too bad that Cottam was picked 7 spots ahead because he is a perfect fit, John Sullivan would also be a good option here - C+

Overall - B+

Crickett
02-11-2008, 10:15 PM
worst case scenario for the Jets considering who is takin before them but Dorsey is a great athlete and even though he is a horrible fit, Mangini is a smart guy who was brought up in a orginazation who maked people fit and he can make Dorsey fit again

You know who else is a great athlete and a horrible fit for the Jets defense?

DeWayne Robertson.

And Mangini didn't do a very good job making him fit.

rockio42
02-11-2008, 10:18 PM
You know who else is a great athlete and a horrible fit for the Jets defense?

DeWayne Robertson.

And Mangini didn't do a very good job making him fit.

Damn, good point, but I really didn't know who else to give them. (I am going to get torched for that)

brat316
02-11-2008, 10:20 PM
1st 2 rounds where good, but the third was kind of WAt

Like Steelers taking Slaton, WAT, if they take a back there it would be someone who can be a brusing back, and fall forward. Linemen, would have been a better pick, or cb. Langford was a good pick but I don't think he falls that far might get taken in the third by the Steelers

Cardinals they don't need a TE, they actually have a few players there. Corner is a place to go, but I don't know if you could find a starter at corner that late. Rolle can't play corner, he could be moved to FS, and with phillips being drafted in the first than its either he is a backup or cut. But other than that good cards pick.

Eagles good picks all around filling holes and stuff. Picking a guard to move andrews to tackle is a move that can happen. But i would rather see a tackle, being drafted by the eagles.

Good mock but just some picks were crazy mostly slaton to steelrs

GB12
02-11-2008, 10:22 PM
quick counter-question explain Justin Harrell in the first last year

onto the real question...Corey Williams is leaving most likely and even if they did draft Harrell last year they love have a DL rotation and Guion is a underated guy who can add great depth
We had a need for a DT at the time of the draft. Besides Pickett none of our tackles were really proven. Johnny Jolly came out from no where to all of a sudden be the starter. We also planned for what you mentioned below. Had Williams not lived up to his previous year we would have had some one, and had he had the year that he did we aren't forced to resign him. Harrell was looking to be the third DT at worst at the time, but the emergence of others pushed him down the depth chart. The pick made sense, it just didn't please a lot of the fans.

Yeah, and even if he leaves we'll still have a good rotation. Pickett, Jolly, Harrell, Cole, and Muir, add to it that Jenkins moves to DT in passing situations. He'd get no playing time. We have maybe the deepest DT position in the league, and besides WR it's the very bottom of the list of needs.

rockio42
02-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Good mock but just some picks were crazy mostly slaton to steelrs

I went for that because people are giving then Chris Johnson, who is a lot like Slaton.

brat316
02-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I went for that because people are giving then Chris Johnson, who is a lot like Slaton.

Yeah but I think Johnson might be able to add on weight, where slaton i don't think so more like a 1 trick pony. But still Johnson is even not a good pick for there steelers, a fat ass back is what they need, or o-line help first before even rbs.

rockio42
02-11-2008, 10:30 PM
fair enough for both the packers and the steelers, will definately change those picks next mock around

msealy2
02-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Absolutely beautiful Vikings draft, the only thing I might change is Chad Henne with Jason Jones, but that is quite minor. Great job.

G-Men88
02-11-2008, 10:53 PM
EXCELLENT Giants draft

T-RICH49
02-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Awesome Chiefs draft

02-11-2008, 11:16 PM
If the Raiders were to go OL in the second it would be a tackle.

fenikz
02-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Actually give us a WR in the 5th, Johnson is as good as gone and you never know if we are going to be able to keep both Boldin and Fitz

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-11-2008, 11:33 PM
If the Raiders were to go OL in the second it would be a tackle.yeah Nicks would be the better pick.

skiinginNJ
02-11-2008, 11:51 PM
pretty good giants draft

JCutlery
02-12-2008, 12:32 AM
The Broncos have the Skins' 4th round pick and the Raiders' 5th round pick.

KCJ58
02-12-2008, 12:46 AM
#1: Vernon Gholston: Love Gholston at #2 even though Long was gone, great job.

#2: Anthony Collins: I like that we go O-Line on our 2nd round pick, don't like Collins to be the guy we select, rather ham Sam Baker

#3: Red Bryant: Not my favorite DT, but it's not a bad back to go back 2 the D-Line, i think we draft a WR here ethier, Lavelle Hawkins or Earl Bennett

#4: Geno Hayes: I like the pick we need depth at LB and Hayes is a great value pick

#5: Keenan Burton: Like i said we need a WR but i think we adress it b4 we get to the 5th round here we could add some depth to our DB or O-Line so Josh Barrett, Jack Ikegwuonu or Drew Radovich could be the pick here

defensiveback23
02-12-2008, 02:07 AM
Great first round pick for the Bolts. I really like the 5th rounder but I have a hard time believing we would draft another DB. I would not be disappointed with Hefney, But Xavier Omon would be a perfect pick there. We also have no 4th rounder because we used it in the supplemental draft on Oliver.

Thunder&Lightning
02-12-2008, 06:46 AM
sweet SD draft would have to agree with dback23 here too.

Addict
02-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Decent Lions draft, I'm just not so sure about Rice with Adibi on the board.

AkiliSmith
02-12-2008, 07:54 AM
Good Bengals mock. Although I think end is addressed earlier than round 4.

DiG
02-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Redskins Grade: C-

Round 1, Reggie Smith - This is a terrible terrible selection for the Skins. In my opinion Nelson projects poorly as a CB in the NFL but is a first round grade at FS. That is a position currently occupied by Laron Landry, who is twice the player Nelson ever will be. Once Landry moved to FS, after the tragic death of Sean Taylor, his game rose to another level. He is much more comforatble at FS and it gives him a chance to roam and make plays.

Round 2, James Hardy - Decent selection. I'm hoping that he proves my judgements wrong at the combine. Then again if he does he'll probably be off the board by the time this pick comes around.

Round 3, Jason Jones - Good value pick. No complaints.

Round 5, Terrance Wheatly - 5 rounds and no oline....

AkiliSmith
02-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Redskins Grade: C-

Round 1, Reggie Nelson - This is a terrible terrible selection for the Skins. In my opinion Nelson projects poorly as a CB in the NFL but is a first round grade at FS. That is a position currently occupied by Laron Landry, who is twice the player Nelson ever will be. Once Landry moved to FS, after the tragic death of Sean Taylor, his game rose to another level. He is much more comforatble at FS and it gives him a chance to roam and make plays.

Round 2, James Hardy - Decent selection. I'm hoping that he proves my judgements wrong at the combine. Then again if he does he'll probably be off the board by the time this pick comes around.

Round 3, Jason Jones - Good value pick. No complaints.

Round 5, Terrance Wheatly - 5 rounds and no oline....

Reggie Nelson? Smith maybe? ;)

Addict
02-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Reggie Nelson? Smith maybe? ;)

Beat me to it...

DiG
02-12-2008, 08:00 AM
haha my bad

Bills2083
02-12-2008, 08:28 AM
1.) Malcolm Kelly - Great Pick
2.) Curtis Lofton - Good position choice. I'd rather go with Philip Wheeler. I think he fits our defense better.
3.) Martin Rucker - Good Pick
3.) Justin King - Great Pick
4.) Josh Johnson - I'm not sure why you have us taking a QB. I'd rather go with a DE or DT here. Kendall Langford is good here
5.) Allen Patrick - DT is a larger need. I'd rather go with John Sullivan, or a DT here.

thebow305
02-12-2008, 09:12 AM
not my favorite phins mock... and we dont have our 5th rounder anymore, KC does.

iloxygenil
02-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Woodson is awful, I'd hate to see him in Atlanta.

rockio42
02-15-2008, 11:19 PM
#2: Anthony Collins: I like that we go O-Line on our 2nd round pick, don't like Collins to be the guy we select, rather have Sam Baker

cept Baker is gone...

Cashmoney
02-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Couldnt go the whole 7 rounds eh? JK. But next time give me some advanced warning when youre gonna one up my rounds wise so I dont feel like a fool for only doing 2 rounds. :)

rockio42
02-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Couldnt go the whole 7 rounds eh? JK. But next time give me some advanced warning when youre gonna one up my rounds wise so I dont feel like a fool for only doing 2 rounds. :)

haha will so

*warning* im coming out with another 5 rounder this next week

Cashmoney
02-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Hmmm... Maybe someday Ill do a 7 rounder with trades and explanations and everything!

Hell I might even do UDFA's!

rockio42
02-15-2008, 11:44 PM
low blow...

detroit4life
02-15-2008, 11:50 PM
liked the lions draft other than ray rice in the third. Chevis Jackson woulda been a better pick. Or the Best CB available

BaLLiN
02-16-2008, 12:27 AM
good giants draft

Xonraider
02-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Come on... Ellis instead of Dorsey? I don't think so. Branden Albert? Well, since Cooper Carslile just opted out, this is certainly an option... good pick. Hary Douglas... I can live with... but that RB you gave us. Unless you think he is a BIG improvement over Fargas and has more TALENT than Michael Bush then it was a badddd pick.

Menardo75
02-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Great 9ers draft : that class would would be awesome

Matthew Jones
02-16-2008, 04:21 AM
Jenkins is a reach in the first. Rivers would be better there. Even a Clady or Harvey would be better, probably. If you're dead set on a corner, go with Talib - best in zone and biggest playmaker.

I like Gooden in the second. Charles isn't a bad pick, either. Personally, I'd rather they took Justin King over Charles and then Rivers first. Decent picks at the end of the third and in the fourth. I like Zbikowski a lot.

Overall, not a bad Patriots mock. If it was Rivers-Gooden-King-RB/CB-Butler-Zbikowski, it'd be better.

A Perfect Score
02-16-2008, 10:38 AM
very very very good ravens draft

matt ryan- im not a huge fan, and i would much rather have gone CB there, but considering wat you gave us in the rest of the draft, i can deal with this pick.

Antoine Cason- Great pick, i love him. Alot of people dont think he will take off in a man-man scheme, which we run, but he has great hips and is really physical, and even though he might not have elite timed speed, i think he can be an al-harris type corner, which would be great for us. great pick.

Cliff Avril- GREAT PICK! in our system, avril could be a monster. hes an excellent pass rusher with great burst, and i would absolutely love it if we snagged him here. I think hed be a perfect fit for our system.

Jack Ikegwuonu- my favourite pick of the draft. hes a steal in round 4, and once his knee heals, i feel he will be an excellent player for us. I would love if this happened. He was my highest rated corner this year before he went down, and i would love to see us get him in the 4th.

Good ravens mock

BamaFalcon59
02-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Not a very good Falcons draft.

McFadden is possible, but wouldn't be ideal for this franchise.

Woodson is a lot like Leftwich, but I guess the value is decent.

Cousins would be a horrible pick. Bad value and he is a guard at the next level.

Fluellan is a under tackle or three technique. We need a nose tackle.

Vince Hall is good.

Steltz is good.

neko4
02-16-2008, 10:54 AM
I like the packers mock, except for the 3rd, but that problem will be fixed I see

sportsnerd23
02-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Nice first day mock for the Eagles, i question later picks

rockio42
02-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Jenkins is a reach in the first. Rivers would be better there. Even a Clady or Harvey would be better, probably. If you're dead set on a corner, go with Talib - best in zone and biggest playmaker.

I like Gooden in the second. Charles isn't a bad pick, either. Personally, I'd rather they took Justin King over Charles and then Rivers first. Decent picks at the end of the third and in the fourth. I like Zbikowski a lot.

Overall, not a bad Patriots mock. If it was Rivers-Gooden-King-RB/CB-Butler-Zbikowski, it'd be better.

do you think Rivers can play ILB in the 3-4 and do you think that Harvey is good value at 7?

gonzo1105
02-16-2008, 12:26 PM
can't believe the other Bills fans didn't catch this. The bills own the Bears 5th rounder this year compliments of the Darwin Walker trade.

rockio42
02-16-2008, 12:33 PM
can't believe the other Bills fans didn't catch this. The bills own the Bears 5th rounder this year compliments of the Darwin Walker trade.

good call, ill makew sure i have that one up

rockio42
02-16-2008, 12:33 PM
not my favorite phins mock... and we dont have our 5th rounder anymore, KC does.

who would you want?

Sniper
02-16-2008, 12:55 PM
1. Calais Campbell=Most excellent A
2. Devin Thomas=Excellent B+
3. Ali Highsmith=Like the player, but we will snag a DB in the first three rounds for sure. B-
4. Jamar Adams=I like it. In the box safety. B
5. Drew Radovich=Not too bad. Guard is a possible option. B

rockio42
02-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Come on... Ellis instead of Dorsey? I don't think so. Branden Albert? Well, since Cooper Carslile just opted out, this is certainly an option... good pick. Hary Douglas... I can live with... but that RB you gave us. Unless you think he is a BIG improvement over Fargas and has more TALENT than Michael Bush then it was a badddd pick.

I'm getting mixed signals from raiders fans, some want Ellis, some want Dorsey

I have them rated EXTREMELY close, why Dorsey in your opinion?

proshoota25
02-17-2008, 01:12 AM
awful pats draft...... JENKINS/CLADY WILL NOT BE PICKED #7 BY THAT PATS.... simple as that... only pick i like is jamaal charles....

rockio42
02-17-2008, 09:29 AM
awful pats draft...... JENKINS/CLADY WILL NOT BE PICKED #7 BY THAT PATS.... simple as that... only pick i like is jamaal charles....

whats wrong with the pother picks...i gave you 2 new ILBs, an OLB, a RB, and a S

whats wrong with any of those?

Joeyjr09
02-17-2008, 10:10 AM
who would you want?

Sam Baker is a bad pick for the Dolphins. Parcells likes to have huge offense lineman so you have to look fro guys in the 6'6 330 pound range. Not 305 pound guys like Sam Baker. Carl Nicks is ideally fitted for a Parcells type OL.

Donnie Avery is a horrible pick. He is a poor man's Ted Ginn. The Dolphins don't need 2 5'11" WRs. The Dolphins need a taller WR. Think a James Hardy, Limas Sweed, or Adarius Bowman. A 6'4 type guy who can go get it.

Frank Okam in no way shape or form fits the 3-4 NT position that the Dolphins run. There isn't really a true NT in this entire draft as a matter of fact but the closest to it is Rubin. Or even taking a big 290 pound DE like Kendall Langford is a better idea then Okam.

Jerad Mayo is ok but still not the best pick at that spot. He play ILB in Miami's 3-4 and 6'2 235 is boardline for what Parcells will be looking for. A guy like Erin Henderson who is 6'4 245 is a better bet and he is a better talent in my eyes anyways.

The only real pick I thought made sense is Chris Long.

imprint3454
02-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Nice Bears mock. Though they're not going to spend a 3rd round pick on a running back when they already have Cedric Benson, Adrian Peterson, and spent a 3rd round pick on Garrett Wolfe in 2007.