PDA

View Full Version : bbb's 2008 Mock

bbbtalb0
02-13-2008, 03:58 PM
1. Miami - Chris Long l DE l Virginia

Not many DEs provide a pass rush from the DE position in the 3-4. Long has a knack for getting to the QB and fits into the 3-4 better than Dorsey.

2. St. Louis - Jake Long l OT l Michigan

Who knows how much longer Orlando Pace will play and Long and Barron would give the Rams a grear young combination of OTs. Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis are options here as well since the Rams run defense sucks every year.

3. Oakland - Glenn Dorsey l DT l LSU

Dorsey has a remarkable impact on each game and fills the Raiders biggest need. McFadden is also an option here but Dorsey fills the bigger need.

4. Atlanta - Darren McFadden l RB l Arkansas

Warrick Dunn cannot play forever and Jerious Norwood hasn't proved he's a starting RB in the NFL. QB is the biggest need and Matt Ryan will draw strong consideration but in the end I think they go with McFadden.

5. Kansas City - Ryan Clady l OT l Boise St.

Clady is surely not the 5th best player in the draft but the Chiefs greatest need is on the OL. This is a similair situation as the Cardinals were in last year with Levi Brown. Sedrick Ellis is also a possibility.

6. New York (Jets) - Sedrick Ellis l DT l USC

Ellis has good value here and will fill a need somewhere along the Jets DL.

7. New England - Vernon Gholston l TW l Ohio St.

If Asante Samuel leaves for big money then a CB like McKelvin or Jenkins would make more sense here. Both Bruschi and Seau are toying with the idea of retirement and Mike Vrabel or Adalius Thomas could move inside while Gholston plays OLB.

8. Baltimore - Matt Ryan l QB l Boston College

Ryan has good value here and I'm sure Baltimore would gladly take him. If he's not here look for Ryan Clady, Vernon Gholston, Leodis McKelvin, or Brian Brohm.

9. Cincinnati - Derrick Harvey l DE l Florida

Cincinnati has holes all over their defense so any defenseive player here would make sense, except a CB. In my opinion, Harvey is the most overated prospect in the draft but I'm not making the pick.

10. New Orleans - Keith Rivers l LB l USC

Rivers will start right away and be an upgrade over any LB on the Saints roster. A CB could go here as well but I don't see them going in that direction.

11. Buffalo - Mike Jenkins l CB l USF

Malcolm Kelly would be a reach here and no OLB would have any value either, so they look to CB.

12. Denver - Kentwan Balmer l DT l North Carolina

With Ryan Clady off the board the Broncos turn their attention to the defensive line. Denver was horrid against the run this year and Balmer is flying up draft boards. Chris Williams and Kenny Philips are also options.

13. Carolina - Kenny Philips l S l Miami

Not as good as some of the past safeties from Miami but he's still a good prospect and fills a need.

14. Chicago - Brian Brohm l QB l Louisville

I could see the Bears selecting another player here since they have so many needs but it all starts with the QB. Brohm is the most NFL ready QB in the class.

15. Detroit - Leodis McKelvin l CB l Troy

Great value here for the Lions and he fills a need. OT could also be adressed with Jeff Otah or Chris Williams.

16. Arizona - Quentin Groves l TW l Auburn

Groves projects as a 3-4 OLB in the NFL. He's expected to have a great combine and could end up going this high.

17. Minnesota - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie l DB l Tennessee St.

Many people think DeSean Jackson here but Brad Childress doesn't believe in taking WRs early. With their lack of success taking DEs early, I don't see them taking another, so they look to the secondary. Minnesota could use some depth at CB and a starter at FS. Cromartie's versatility is the reason he's picked here.

18. Houston - Rashard Mendenhall l RB l Illinois

Right now Mendenhall is about even with Jonathan Stewart right now but after the combine it'll be clear who will go higher. OL is no longer a glaring need, but DB is an area of concern.

19. Philadelphia - DeSean Jackson l WR l California

McNabb needs playmakers around him and Jackson is an upgrade over both Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis.

20. Tampa Bay - Malcolm Kelly l WR l Oklahoma

The Bucs don't have much to boast about after Joey Galloway and who knows how much longer he'll play. Kelly has great potential but also has some risk. A CB like Talib would also make sense.

21. Washington - Philip Merling l DE l Clemson

Merling is very strong and is great against the run. Washington really needs some help along the defensive line. There's been talks about a tall WR here like Kelly or Sweed, but I think if they want to go in that direction then they need to bring a veteran in.

22. Dallas - Felix Jones l RB l Arkansas

Jonathan Stewart may be the better prospect but Jones is a better compliment to Marion Barber III. Jerry Jones' Arkansas ties will decide this pick, assuming Julius Jones is gone.

23. Pittsburgh - Jeff Otah l OT l Pittsburgh

The Steelers bring in a local big guy that fills a huge need. If they address the OL in Free Agency then I could actually see Jonathan Stewart here. He provides a great compliment to Willie Parker.

24. Tennessee - Limas Sweed l WR l Texas

The Titans make it 3 Longhorns in a row for first round picks. This pick makes way too much sense to not happen. Sweed was VY's go to guy in college, and he'll be his go to guy in the pros.

25. Seattle - Chris Williams l OT l Vanderbilt

Many have a RB here but I think Stewart's stock will fall a little after the combine. Seattle's biggest need is arguably on the OL. Shaun Alexander hasn't been the same after Steve Hutchinson left and Walter Jones isn't getting younger.

26. Jacksonville - Calais Campbell l DE l Miami

The Jags could use a pass rusher from the outside and Campbell fits that bill.

27. San Diego - Reggie Smith l DB l Oklahoma

This pick is a lot like the Minnesota pick. The Bolts could use help at CB and S and Smith has that versatility.

28. Dallas - Aqib Talib l CB l Kansas

This is looking like the steal of the draft. Talib was the best playmaker on a great defense and has excellent size. Jacques Reeves was very burnable.

29. San Francisco - Mario Manningham l WR l Michigan

I'm sure Mike Martz will want some WRs for his new offense.

30. Green Bay - Chilo Rachal l OG l USC

Since both Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Reggie Smith are off the board the Pack look to another area of need. Rachal may be a bit of a reach but he's the best G in the class.

31. New York (Giants) - Dan Connor l LB l Penn St.

The next great LB out of Linebacker U goes to the G-Men. Kawika Mitchell is a Free Agent and they don't have much depth at the position with the Mathias Kiwiunka experiment failing.

DiG
02-13-2008, 04:00 PM
as of now ive got calais over merling but that could change after the combine.

brat316
02-13-2008, 04:00 PM
wow d. jackson better than Curtis and Brown wow

hugegmenfan
02-13-2008, 04:07 PM

The next great LB out of Linebacker U goes to the G-Men. Kawika Mitchell is a Free Agent and they don't have much depth at the position with the Mathias Kiwiunka experiment failing.

Failing? It most certainly did not fail. He was actually really coming into his own and playing as a really decent OLB before he got injured and put on the IR. Despite that, i believe we are moving back to DE depending on what strahan does. Connor is an ok pick at best

Bills2083
02-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Good Bills pick.

BaLLiN
02-13-2008, 04:43 PM

Failing? It most certainly did not fail. He was actually really coming into his own and playing as a really decent OLB before he got injured and put on the IR. Despite that, i believe we are moving back to DE depending on what strahan does. Connor is an ok pick at best

Couldn't have said it better myself, and i really dont see connor being able to play that LB spot.

Crickett
02-13-2008, 05:18 PM
6. New York (Jets) - Sedrick Ellis l DT l USC

Ellis has good value here and will fill a need somewhere along the Jets DL.

Really? Where?

17. Minnesota - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie l DB l Tennessee St.

Many people think DeSean Jackson here but Brad Childress doesn't believe in taking WRs early. With their lack of success taking DEs early, I don't see them taking another, so they look to the secondary. Minnesota could use some depth at CB and a starter at FS. Cromartie's versatility is the reason he's picked here.

This seems like a shoehorn selection to make other picks in this mock work. The Vikings need a passing game to help AD and sadly, probably a replacement for Kenechi Udeze. :(

22. Dallas - Felix Jones l RB l Arkansas

Jonathan Stewart may be the better prospect but Jones is a better compliment to Marion Barber III. Jerry Jones' Arkansas ties will decide this pick, assuming Julius Jones is gone.

Jerry Jones' Arkansas ties? Can you guess how many players the Dallas Cowboys have drafted from Arkansas in the past twenty years? Give you a hint, it rhymes with "hero".

29. San Francisco - Mario Manningham l WR l Michigan

I'm sure Mike Martz will want some WRs for his new offense.

I'm also sure it wouldn't be prudent to have two starting receivers who have difficulty hauling in catches.

30. Green Bay - Chilo Rachal l OG l USC

Since both Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Reggie Smith are off the board the Pack look to another area of need. Rachal may be a bit of a reach but he's the best G in the class.

Since when was guard a need for the Green Bay Packers? :confused:

Clearly he isn't cut out to be a linebacker. He even got sent home by the Giants and got a second job at a wildlife sanctuary called "Injured Reserve".

T-RICH49
02-13-2008, 05:19 PM
the Chiefs WON'T take Clady with Ellis on the board

Crazy_Chris
02-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Vikings have no need at all for a first round CB. We need a DE Calais Campbell or Phillip Merlilng to come in an take over at LDE.

thebow305
02-13-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm fine with Long as long as we draft him as a 3-4 DE.

Yung Flippa
02-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Okay Ravens pick, Good Houston pick.

Thunder&Lightning
02-13-2008, 08:54 PM
beautiful chargers pick.

fenikz
02-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Right now Groves is a mid 2nd to 3rd round pick so that is a huge huge reach and thus a bad pick since we always go BPA, DRC or Mendenhall are much better picks in this situation.

bbbtalb0
02-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Right now Groves is a mid 2nd to 3rd round pick so that is a huge huge reach and thus a bad pick since we always go BPA, DRC or Mendenhall are much better picks in this situation.

I agree that right now Groves is a 2nd round pick but I'm making this pick based on my prediction that he'll perform well at the combine.