PDA

View Full Version : ramsfan's mock draft v.1

ramsfan2005813
02-13-2008, 05:58 PM
this is my first of this year
comments would be helpful. thanks.

Round One
Mia: Matt Ryan, QB; Bill Parcells wants a franchise QB and John Beck did not do well in his starts this season. The Trent Green cut signifies that they have complete faith in Beck or they will draft a QB high.
StL: Chris Long, DE; The Rams have a few glaring holes, he is the best player that can fill one of these holes.
Atl: Darren McFadden, RB; Dunn is getting up there in years and Norwood hasn't shown that much.
Oak: Glenn Dorsey, DT; Sapp retired, and they need to keep the defense strong to have any shot.
KC: Jake Long, OT; Once-prominent line getting old and beat-up, it's time to insert new talent
NYJ: Sedrick Ellis, DT; Jets need nose tackle and Ellis is BPA
NE: Ryan Clady, OT; Kaczur was exposed during playoffs and Super Bowl.
Bal: Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB; Perfect fit for Ravens defense. Fill-in for Suggs if he leaves, or take over for Johnson if Suggs stays.
Cin: Keith Rivers, OLB; Fills a need and best player available.
NO: Le
Leodis McKelvin, CB; McKenzie is getting old and there is no one there besides him.
Buf: Mike Jenkins, CB; Huge need especially since they play New England twice a year.
Den: Kenny Phillips, S; Lynch is getting old and there is no one beside him.
Car: Jeff Otah, OT; Delhomme gets one more year, and Jarrett gets a chance to prove himself, so Otah is picked to stabilize line.
Chi: Brian Brohm, QB; Grossman is out of opportunities, Griese was worse, Orton is not a play maker
Det: Fred Davis, TE; It is a reach, but wasn't sure what else they needed.
Ari: Derrick Harvey, DE; Need someone opposite Dockett to complete line
Min: DeSean Jackson, WR; They can't pass up this good of receiver.
Hou: Jonathan Stewart, RB; Green, Dayne, and Walker don't cut it for starting job.
Phi: Dan Connor, MLB; Gaither wasn't that impressive in replacing Trotter
TB: Malcolm Kelly, WR; No one behind Galloway, and Galloway is getting up there in years
Was: Reggie Smith, S; The loss of Sean Taylor leaves a big hole in the football world and in the Washington secondary
Dal: Aqib Talib, CB; Newman is a star, but Reeves got beat too much
Pit: Branden Albert, OG; The presumed loss of Faneca leads to this reach.
Ten: Phillip Merling, DE; They have half a defensive line now its time to build the other half.
Sea: Rashard Mendenhall, RB; Morris not meant to carry load, Alexander is wearing down
Jax: Calais Campbell, DE; New England game showed a pass rush weakness
SD: Sam Baker, OT; The right tackle spot is open as Olivea didn't do well
Dal: Felix Jones, RB; They need a fast back to complement Marion Barber
SF: Kentwan Balmer, DT; Big gap in middle of line + big, talented player = good fit.
GB: Dominique Cromartie, CB; No one behind the best corner tandem in the league.
NYG: Ali Highsmith, OLB; They need a consistent LB to go with Pierce

Round 2
Mia: Phillip Wheeler, ILB; Zach Thomas is getting old quickly
StL: Erin Henderson, OLB; Perfect for replacing Chillar and filling out LB corps.
Oak: Chris Johnson, RB; Time to give Russell some weapons
KC: Mario Manningham, WR; Bowe needs some one opposite since Kennison is wearing down.
NYJ: Chris Williams, OT; The whole line is shaky.
Atl: Andre Woodson, QB; Atlanta gets their franchise QB after Leftwich and Harrington failed last year.
Bal: Chad Henne, QB; Still a chance for Troy Smith, but Ravens need proven passer
SF: Quentin Groves, DE/OLB; Perfect for 3-4 and helps fill out a LB unit headed by Patrick Willis
NO: Curtis Lofton, MLB; Simoneau is not an ideal starting MLB
Buf: Limas Sweed, WR; They need a receiver to go with variety of speedsters
Den: Pat Sims, DT; The whole defensive line was a disaster.
Car: Joe Flacco, QB; Need a young QB in case Delhomme can't come back
Chi: Gosder Cherilus, OT; O-line might be at fault for RB struggles
Det: Jerod Mayo, MLB; The Lions need to build a defense beyond the line now
Cin: Frank Okam, DT; One of top needs filled by one of top DTs left
Min: Lawrence Jackson, DE; Neither of high draft picks worked out for Vikings in this area.
Atl: Anthony Collins, OT; Time to add talent to the ends of the o-line.
Phi: James Hardy, WR; Donovan McNabb needs a big WR if he is staying
Ari: Tracy Porter, CB; Rolle might move to safety and pass defense wasn't that good to begin with
Was: Chris Ellis, DE; Were good last year but age is a factor on their d-line
TB: Justin King, CB; Barber is getting older and no one is there to complement or replace him.
Pit: Patrick Lee, CB; With an aging defense the secondary's holes aren't masked as much any more
Ten: Devin Thomas, WR; Vince Young needs better targets if he will ever get past the first round.
Sea: Eric Young, OG; The loss of Steve Hutchinson is still noticeable
Cle: Shawn Crable, OLB; Need someone to go on the other side of Wimbley.
Mia: Trevor Laws, DT; They get their tackle maybe a little later than expected
Jax: Early Doucet, WR; Majority of receiving corps is leaving or in Del Rio's doghouse
Ind: Xavier Adibi, OLB; Speedy and small LB is perfect fit in Indy
GB: DaJuan Morgan, S; Both Collins and Bigby have weaknesses
Dal: Adarius Bowman, WR; Crayton is good but Owens and Glenn aren't what they used to be.
NE: Antoine Cason, CB; Samuel might leave and the other CB spot was up for grabs this year
NYG: Brandon Flowers, CB; Ross is a good young talent, but Webster and Madison weren't great for the majority of the season

Round 3
Mia: Heath Benedict, OT
StL: Andre Caldwell, WR
NE: Jonathan Goff, ILB
KC: Charles Godfrey, CB
NYJ: Lavelle Hawkins, WR
Atl: Vince Hall, MLB
Buf: Martin Rucker, TE
SF: Cliff Avril, DE
NO: Marcus Harrison, DT
Buf: Marcus Griffin, S
Min: Trae Williams, CB
Car: Martellus Bennett, TE
Chi: Jamaal Charles, RB
Det: Bruce Davis, DE
Cin: DeJuan Tribble, CB
Min: Jonathan Hefney, S
Hou: Chevis Jackson, CB
Phi: Quentin Demps, S
Ari: Ray Rice, RB
Was: Arian Arrington, WR
TB: Red Bryant, DT
Pit: Carl Nicks, OT
Ten: John Carlson, TE
Sea: Tony Hills, OT
Cle: Dre Moore, DT
Chi: Tavares Gooden, OLB
Jax: J Leman, MLB
Ind: Will Arnold, OG
GB: Wesley Woodyard, OLB
Dal: Kirk Barton, OT
NE: Matt Forte, RB
NYG: Josh Barrett, S

Round 4
Mia: Terrelle Thomas, CB
StL: Roy Schuening, OG
Oak: Darrell Robinson, DE
KC: Jordan Grimes, OG
NYJ: Beau Bell, OLB
Atl: Thomas DeCoud, S
Bal: Terrence Wheatley, CB
SF: Earl Bennett, WR
NO: Ezra Butler, OLB
Buf: Jeremy Thompson, DE
Den: Barry Richardson, OT
Car: Craig Steltz, S
Chi: Chilo Rachal, OG
Det: Oniel Cousins, OT
Cin: Jason Jones, DE
Min: Geno Hayes, OLB
Atl: Nick Hayden, DT
Phi: Wallace Gilberry, DE
Ari: Brian Kehl, OLB
Den: Jordan Dizon, OLB
TB: Colt Brennan, QB
Pit: Simeon Castille, S
Ten: DeMario Pressley, DT
Sea: Owen Schmitt, FB
Cle: Devone Bess, WR
Jax: Jack Ikegwuonu, CB
Ind: Tommy Blake, DE
GB: Jacob Tamme, TE
Dal: Ben Moffitt, ILB
NE: Spencer Larson, OLB
NYG: King Dunlap, OT

Bills2083
02-13-2008, 06:06 PM
The Bills have the Ravens' 3rd round pick.

ramsfan2005813
02-13-2008, 06:07 PM
The Bills have the Ravens' 3rd round pick.

i have that in there, just not who it was from

Bills2083
02-13-2008, 06:09 PM
You only gave the Bills one 3rd round draft choice.

ramsfan2005813
02-13-2008, 06:10 PM
two: griffin and rucker

Bills2083
02-13-2008, 06:17 PM
alright, sorry.
I was looking at the 4th round, instead of the 3rd.

1.) Mike Jenkins - Great pick
2.) Limas Sweed - Great pick
3.) Martin Rucker - Great pick
3.) Marcus Griffin - We dont need a Safety. We have Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner. CB and DT are larger needs. I'd rather go with Red Bryant here.
4.) Jeremy Thompson - CB is a larger need. I'd rather go with Jack Ikegwuono here.

Overall, pretty good.

fenikz
02-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Harvey would actually be playing right next to Dockett, good pick though

Would rather have Cason or Flowers than Porter

Good 3rd & 4th round picks

ramsfan2005813
02-13-2008, 06:26 PM
i forgot about simpson he was on IR at the end of the year and he wasn't on any depth charts

and the pass rush was awful (besides schobel) that's why i went DE over DT

defensiveback23
02-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Gosder Cherilus would be a better pick for the Chargers. He fits the mold of a dominant runblocking RT better than Baker does.

Crazy_Chris
02-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Brad Childress doesn't believe in drafting WR's in round 1. With Udeze's condition they will need to get a LDE at #17 Calais Campbell or Phillip Merling would work. Also one other thing Vikings have no need for CB in the first 3 rounds.

hugegmenfan
02-13-2008, 07:00 PM
very good giants picks

thebow305
02-13-2008, 07:18 PM
That's just a terrible Miami draft. Wheeler is the only pick I like there. Cutting Green means absolutely nothing, especially not that we will draft a QB that high, if anything, it will be a QB like Henne or Flacco in the 2nd or 3rd. Laws and Thomas are very bad fits for the 3-4, especially since Thomas lacks the skills and speed to play man, and Laws is undersized as a NT and 3-4 End.

T-RICH49
02-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Round 1. Jake Long - Great Pick
Round 2. Mario Manningham - Great pick
Round 3. Charles Godfrey - Awesome pick
Round 4. Jordan Grimes - again great pick

overall grade: A++++++++++++

Paul
02-13-2008, 07:50 PM
TO isn't what he used to be? He just came off one the best seasons of his career.

KCJ58
02-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Great draft as a fellow Rams i expect nothing less but if Chris Williams is till on the board in the 2nd round i think we have to take him

BaLLiN
02-13-2008, 07:53 PM
very good giants picks
I agree with that, but if the giants were to pick highsmith at 31 it would be a reach, so id think they'd trade down and be able to get him in the first 10 picks of the 2nd round.

I especially like the pick of Flowers even though he's a zone CB, but he could be either tutored by our vets like madison and RW or converted to safety (even though he'd be a tad undersized) but i love that pick.

BeerBaron
02-13-2008, 08:13 PM
well your logic isnt all that off on the bears picks but KO has a 66% career winning percentage and has never lost to the packers....plus throw into it the fact that the GM has been setting up personal workouts with QBs expected to be available in the later rounds like flacco and, well, brohm just doesnt look like its happening.

acceptable 2nd and first 3rd and 4th. but OLB isnt a top 3 round need. replacements for briggs are already on the team in williams and okwo. WR would be better served to be addressed there

ramsfan2005813
02-13-2008, 08:49 PM
the OLB bears pick wasn't meant to replace briggs but hillenmeyer because i have been hearing that the bears are not happy with his production the past few years

Thunder&Lightning
02-13-2008, 08:53 PM
bad SD pick.

the_Kid
02-13-2008, 09:18 PM
the first two vikings picks are decent, but the rest is horrible. We dont need a corner.

NEtimehester
02-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Again with what has been said about the bears... Unless they make a big splash in free agency they wont draft a quarterback in the first round. I would like to see a Joe Flacco or Chad Henne in 2\3 or a Josh Johnson in the later rounds.

vidae
02-14-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm really liking the Chiefs draft. I absolutely love the first and second round picks and am pretty happy with the third. I'll be honest, I don't know much about Jordan Grimes but I will jump at any opportunity to replenish our line.

Good job!

Addict
02-14-2008, 03:19 AM
wait, let me get this right,

corner, outside linebacker, defensive end, inside linebacker, offensive tackle, running back.

ANY of these postitions would make sense for the lions in the first. And you give us a TIGHT END?! in the first no less? You really think the lions can afford to REACH for a player who is generally considered a mid-2nd kind of pick?

"You don't know what else to give us..." yeah and you somehow made one of the worst decisions. Just give us a wide receiver and put on the stray jacket already.

Matthew Jones
02-14-2008, 04:18 AM
Usually I'm not a big Clady fan, but Cason, Goff, Forte, and Spencer L. is REALLY good.

ABWA757
02-14-2008, 06:39 AM
Bills draft is pretty good i like the first 2 rounds but insted of rucker TE i prefer carlson

Don Killuminati
02-14-2008, 06:45 AM
1. Dorsey: Sweet

2. Chris Johnson: An Al Davis type of pick, and Kiffin already has experience working with this type of back. I would have gone Pat Sims here, personally.

3. Why, oh why did we throw away this pick?

4. Darrell Robertson: Right idea, but probably the wrong player. I'd have to give Beau Bell, Ezra Butler, Oniel Cousins, and Thomas DeCoud a hard look there.

We need a DE, no question. But taking one for the sake of taking one is wrong, especially when you pass on superior prospects as other positions of need.

ramsfan2005813
02-14-2008, 02:56 PM
thanks for the comments, i will use them in my next mock

DTBLAS
02-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Hola, es .........