PDA

View Full Version : cross off fargas...

BeerBaron
02-13-2008, 08:35 PM
http://www.raiders.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=38360

he reupped with oakland. looks like if we go the FA back route, its going to have to be someone else like a pricy turner or another teams garbage like a foster or brown....

NEtimehester
02-13-2008, 11:07 PM
I'd would honestly rather see the bears draft a runningback. None of the available free agent backs excite me that much. Mendenhall or Stewart at our spot have a more upside. Although noone is going to do good behind our current line.... thats another story. It would be cool to see an all NIU backfield with turner and wolfe (coming from a current NIU student).

Hurricane Ditka
02-14-2008, 01:09 AM
I'd brick my pants if we signed Michael Turner.

BeerBaron
02-14-2008, 11:21 AM
I'd brick my pants if we signed Michael Turner.

unlikely though it would free up that first rounder to actually address the o-line and give him something to run behind....

Bighead734
02-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Like mentioned before, I don't care who the Bears have at RB, if they don't address the oline. Unless we sign 2 starters or catch someone that drops in the 2nd round like Sam Baker or Cherilus, the Bears better take an OT at 14.

BeerBaron
02-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Like mentioned before, I don't care who the Bears have at RB, if they don't address the oline. Unless we sign 2 starters or catch someone that drops in the 2nd round like Sam Baker or Cherilus, the Bears better take an OT at 14.

that would be nice, would be real nice. but in some of the other threads, evidence is popping up about how the bears just do go oline high in the draft....

regoob2
02-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Who would you want more Chris Williams or Jeff Otah??

Gay Ork Wang
02-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Chris Williams cause of Potential

xspikex
02-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Chris Williams cause of Potential

I think Otah has alot more potential than Williams, but Williams feels like a more natural left tackle.. I'm not sure who I would pick though.

Gay Ork Wang
02-15-2008, 12:15 PM
I meant Left Tackle Potential

Bighead734
02-15-2008, 01:26 PM
I like Chris Williams. Kiper and McShay both seem sold on him as a prototypical LT with not only great size, but good athleticism.

BeerBaron
02-15-2008, 02:02 PM
I like Chris Williams. Kiper and McShay both seem sold on him as a prototypical LT with not only great size, but good athleticism.

wow, a rare agreement with kiper for me...

i certainly wouldnt complain about either in the first round. I think tait might still be solid enough at LT for now, so whichever we got would get to learn the ropes at the slightly less crucial RT spot. i think otah would be better served there but if they move over to LT, Williams has the better shot there