PDA

View Full Version : First mock of the year...

Xonraider
02-14-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm not too clear on the needs of every team, so don't kill me if I do something stupid.

1. Miami Dolphins - Chris Long, DE
2. St. Louis Rams - Vernon Gholston, DE
3. Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan, QB
4. Oakland Raiders - Glenn Dorsey, DT
5. Kansas City Chiefs - Jake Long, OT
6. New York Jets - Darren McFadden, RB
7. New England Patriots (from San Francisco 49ers) - Keith Rivers, OLB
8. Baltimore Ravens - Ryan Clady, OT
9. Cincinnati Bengals - Sedrick Ellis, DT
10. New Orleans Saints - Leodis McKelvin, CB
11. Buffalo Bills - Dan Connor, MLB
12. Denver Broncos - Ketwan Balmer, DT
13. Carolina Panthers - Kenny Phillips, S
14. Chicago Bears - Chris Williams, OT
15. Detroit Lions - Mike Jenkins, CB
16. Arizona Cardinals - Aqib Talib, CB
17. Minnesota Vikings - Mario Manningham, WR
18. Houston Texans - Jonathan Stewart, RB
19. Philadelphia Eagles - DeSean Jackson, WR
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Brian Brohm, QB
21. Washington Redskins - Derrick Harvey, DE
22. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns) - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB
23. Pittsburgh Steelers - Branden Albert, OG
24. Tennessee Titans - Phillip Merling, DE
25. Seattle Seahawks - Rashard Mendenhall, RB
26. Jacksonville Jaguars - Lawrence Jackson, DE
27. San Diego Chargers - Gosder Cherilus, OT
28. Dallas Cowboys - Felix Jones, RB
29. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts) - Malcom Kelly, WR
30. Green Bay Packers - Reggie Smith, S
31. New England Patriots - Forfeited as penalty for being teh gayz
32. New York Giants - Antonie Cason, CB

Constructive Critisism please, no head shots :)

sportsnerd23
02-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Criticism:
Dan Connor too high. (He may climb up there with a great combine)
Brian Brohm falls too far
Complements:
Nice Eagles mock
Nice Top Ten

Xonraider
02-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Criticism:
Dan Connor too high. (He may climb up there with a great combine)
Brian Brohm falls too far
Complements:
Nice Eagles mock
Nice Top Ten

I'm a big fan of Dan Connor and I think he will climb up there after workouts.

Thanks.

BeerBaron
02-14-2008, 02:29 PM
i dont mind brohm falling. i dont see what the huge difference is between him and guys who will be available several rounds later like woodson and flacco. he might have a higher floor but i dont think thats worth an extra round higher....glad you didnt give him to the bears, lol

BaLLiN
02-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Cason is a great player, good playmaker (won the Thorpe) i think he is a first round talent but alot of scouts think otherwise, but alright pick at 31. A- Pick

Bills2083
02-14-2008, 02:51 PM
I think I like Mike Jenkins better at 11...

Forenci
02-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Not to shabby in general.

As long as Cason doesn't embarrass himself in the 40 time, I like him to the Giants. Heck, taking the Thorpe award winner two years in a row can't be a bad thing, right?

After all, Aaron Ross certainly panned out beyond all expectations.

Crazy_Chris
02-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Brad Childress doesn't believe in drafting WR's in round 1. Even if he did I don't see why they would take Mario Mannigham over both Desean Jackson and Malcolm Kelly.

Xonraider
02-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Brad Childress doesn't believe in drafting WR's in round 1. Even if he did I don't see why they would take Mario Mannigham over both Desean Jackson and Malcolm Kelly.

You are Crazy, Chris.

Btw, I think Manningham will rise up on many boards and might be a better fit for a WCO than Kelly and Jackson. I see Jackson more of a deep threat, not made for short routes. And who says Childress doesn't believe in drafting first round WR (serious question, if he ever said so, lighten me)? I think Mario and Sydnney would be great for Tarvaris... or whoever your QB will be.

Dr. Gonzo
02-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I can guarantee that the Vikings don't go reciever in the first. In light of the recent Kenechi Udeze move I believe that unless Kenny Phillips falls to us we are going to be taking a DE in the first. Pass Rush is the Vikings biggest problem right now and until we adress that we are going nowhere. The way you draft fell Derrick Harvey would be our pick. He is one of the top pass rushers in the draft, if not the top. I just think there is no way we go WR over DE in the first and I honestly believe we won even be taking a WR in the second. We have enough young talent there, we need experiance and that will be done through Free Agency.

The Dynasty
02-14-2008, 03:29 PM
I like all 3 projected wr's in this draft but for Minnesota i just cant see it. With the news of Udeze, and our lack of pass rushing. We need to get a pass rusher before Receiver. Defenses help you win and if we cant stop the pass we cant win and we need a Quick/Fast DE to come in and help us. Harvey would be a good pick for us.

ramsfan2005813
02-14-2008, 03:36 PM
1. balmer might be too high especially if phillips is still on the board
2. otah will probably go in the first, but the williams and cherilus picks fit so i don't really know where he would go
3. i don't have a problem with the cason pick but i don't think the giants will passon an OLB and pick someone they might be able to get in the second
overall this is a good draft, very realistic for the most part

Xonraider
02-14-2008, 03:36 PM
I can guarantee that the Vikings don't go reciever in the first. In light of the recent Kenechi Udeze move I believe that unless Kenny Phillips falls to us we are going to be taking a DE in the first. Pass Rush is the Vikings biggest problem right now and until we adress that we are going nowhere. The way you draft fell Derrick Harvey would be our pick. He is one of the top pass rushers in the draft, if not the top. I just think there is no way we go WR over DE in the first and I honestly believe we won even be taking a WR in the second. We have enough young talent there, we need experiance and that will be done through Free Agency.

I like all 3 projected wr's in this draft but for Minnesota i just cant see it. With the news of Udeze, and our lack of pass rushing. We need to get a pass rusher before Receiver. Defenses help you win and if we cant stop the pass we cant win and we need a Quick/Fast DE to come in and help us. Harvey would be a good pick for us.

Good points, thanks.

Patriots16-0
02-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Rivers is good, but I would prefer a cornerback.

DTBLAS
02-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Decent pick for Denver, DT is a big need. But i think Balmer is a bit of a reach there, still at least you didn't give us a DE. lol

T-RICH49
02-14-2008, 04:01 PM
on behalf of Larry Johnson and Brodie Croyle they thank you

thebow305
02-14-2008, 04:10 PM
ok phins pick

Xonraider
02-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Rivers is good, but I would prefer a cornerback.

I believe that will depend on wether Samuel leaves or not. For now he hasn't left so that is the pick.

Decent pick for Denver, DT is a big need. But i think Balmer is a bit of a reach there, still at least you didn't give us a DE. lol

I think Balmer might rise up with his workouts.

on behalf of Larry Johnson and Brodie Croyle they thank you

I wish you guys draft the worst punter available.

T-RICH49
02-14-2008, 04:29 PM
I wish you guys draft the worst punter available.

we already have one of the better ones though...Dustin Colquitt :D

UK Cards Fan
02-14-2008, 04:30 PM
The Cards do need a Corner, but is Aqib Talib the best CB available? More over, does he fit our need of a future #1 CB who can go up against elite WRs and not get consistently toasted.

I feel his lack of speed means that whilst Talib could be a great #2, he would struggle as the #1 CB in largely man to man schemes, which is what Arizona like to run to get maximum pressure on the QB through various exotic, crazy blitzes.

defensiveback23
02-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Cherilus is a great selection for the Chargers but I lean a little more towards Smith.

Turtlepower
02-14-2008, 05:59 PM
If the Giants picked Cason in the first I would throw a remote at the TV. Cason is right where he should be in most mocks now, in the 3rd round. He is slow and we need a speedy corner opposite Ross. I would prefer Porter or Lee in that instance.

BaLLiN
02-14-2008, 06:33 PM
If the Giants picked Cason in the first I would throw a remote at the TV. Cason is right where he should be in most mocks now, in the 3rd round. He is slow and we need a speedy corner opposite Ross. I would prefer Porter or Lee in that instance.

I definately wouldnt say he belongs in the 3rd round. Mid to late 2nd is as far as he should fall. But i do agree we need a speedy CB opposite Ross. I do see great potential in both Porter and Lee, but id only like to see Cason, Lee, or Porter if we trade down.