PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency...Who should they target?

summond822
02-14-2008, 06:30 PM
I was looking at the Free Agency tracker thread on the form, and I couldn't help but make a wish list of who I would like the Seahawks to attempt to sign and make sure they bring back...

I felt that the needs to address in FA were:
1. Resign Marcus Trufant to a long-term deal or franchise him
2. Bring in a veteran OG who can step in immediately and not have us throw a guy from the draft in right away.
3. Resign Hackett and Lockear
4. Get a good receiving TE
5. Look for a big run stopping DT to add depth to our DL

This would be my dream Seahawks FA:

Resign:
CB Marcus Trufant (long-term) 4+ years
RT Sean Locklear 2-4 years
WR D.J. Hackett 3-5
FB Leonard Weaver 3-5 years

Sign:
OG Alan Faneca
TE Dallas Clark or Ben Troupe

Optional:
RB Julius Jones or Michael Turner
DT Albert Haynesworth (I can dream right?)

If we were somehow to get a hold of Faneca and Clark/Troupe, I think that our team would be improved drastically and would set up the best situation for the draft.

What positions do you guys think the Seahawks should address? Who should they go after?

summond822
02-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Apparently we've already signed Mike Wahle to a 5-year contract...

All I know about him is that he played for Carolina, he's a LG, and he was a pro-bowler in 05 & 06. Anyone have more on him?

I guess we're not going to go after Faneca then...I think that makes the possibilty of drafting an O-lineman in the 1st-3rd rounds very remote, unless it's a can't miss guy who happens to drop a round farther than expected.

I am really hoping that the Seahawks manage to sign Troupe or Clark...either one would boost our passing game immensely...and fill an immediate need and we wouldn't have to worry about the adjustment period for TE's to the NFL.

jballa838
02-15-2008, 05:37 PM
I havent looked that far into Free Agency, but resigning Trufant is #1. Then Locklear. Then probably Weaver, but this draft has some sick FB Depth, so if he demands a lot, he is gone IMO. We already have the guard, and I think that we need a bigger back than Morris, but depending on the Weaver situation not a huge one. I also think that we need to get our QB for the future and a future LT potentially to fill the shoes of Hasselbeck and Jones. Deep threat WR would be good too, but not a huge need. I see us getting Alge Crumpler though in all honesty, because he fits the system, and is Jim Mora Jr.'s guy from ATL, and JMJ will vouch for him all day.

summond822
02-17-2008, 06:28 PM
yeah, I wouldn't mind getting crumpler...but when he hadn't been released yet so...

If we did get crumpler I still see us getting a TE in the draft to add depth, but it would make it less of a need. I could see us taking someone like rucker in round 3 or 4.