PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

iloxygenil
02-15-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm controlling the Bucs in the AFMB interactive mock draft...so I'll be coming here for help...with the 20th pick who are your current favorite targets?

Beans
02-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Desean Jackson and Calais Campbell.

I think I like Campbell more.

Tampa 2 4 life
02-15-2008, 09:32 AM
BeansDooma basically nailed it. Failing those, Philip Merling is also a possibility

iloxygenil
02-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Alright...so how accurate do you guys feel that Scott's teams need list is?

Chucky
02-15-2008, 10:57 AM
In the second round

Trevor Laws or Charles Godfrey would both be great picks

Tampa 2 4 life
02-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Alright...so how accurate do you guys feel that Scott's teams need list is?

Not very...IMO it's:
WR
LDE
CB
NT
UT

iloxygenil
02-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Alright, thanks guys

Chucky
02-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Not very...IMO it's:
WR
LDE
CB
NT
UT

I agree with that, but if there is a solid QB somewhere in there (Josh Johnson in third, Colt Brennan in 5th). Then you should go for it

etk
02-15-2008, 10:33 PM
I definitely cosign everything that's been said here. If you have any specific questions just ask 'em.

Caddy
02-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Dre Moore in the 2nd would be an appealing option.

Chucky
02-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Dre Moore in the 2nd would be an appealing option.

I prefer Trevor Laws but both would be good picks. I would rather Charles Godfrey than either though

Caddy
02-16-2008, 06:24 PM
I prefer Trevor Laws but both would be good picks. I would rather Charles Godfrey than either though

I think the whole Trevor Laws vs Dre Moore is always going to be a personal preference.

etk
02-17-2008, 05:03 PM

I like them all but I`d always lean toward DT over CB because it`s more important for our D and we can always get good Cover 2 corners in the 3rd or 4th.

chcwarriorpoet
02-19-2008, 09:08 PM
If you don't go WR in round 1 think of a burner in round 2 like Houston's Donnie Avery. Another round 2/3 guy to think of is Va Tech CB Brandon Flowers. He's a beast against the run and plays well in zone. Although Mayock had Flowers moving up into round 1 tonight on Total Access.

Caddy
02-19-2008, 10:37 PM
If you don't go WR in round 1 think of a burner in round 2 like Houston's Donnie Avery. Another round 2/3 guy to think of is Va Tech CB Brandon Flowers. He's a beast against the run and plays well in zone. Although Mayock had Flowers moving up into round 1 tonight on Total Access.

Mayock said on NFL.com that he has Flowers as his #1 CB and a top 10 pick.

Tampa 2 4 life
02-19-2008, 10:42 PM

I'm starting to think Mayock enjoys crack.

etk
02-20-2008, 01:59 PM

Anyone who's seen Flowers play and knows anything about the game would understand what Mayock is saying. Problem is most posters here are just like: "OMGZZ, Scott dosnt have him in his top 5zz! How can he b goodz!"

Tampa 2 4 life
02-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Anyone who's seen Flowers play and knows anything about the game would understand what Mayock is saying. Problem is most posters here are just like: "OMGZZ, Scott dosnt have him in his top 5zz! How can he b goodz!"

Flowers = Late First, Early Second, and my 4th best corner. Scott has him as 9th. Just because I don't overrate a guy(If I'm not mistaken, one that also has character issues), doesn't mean I only listen to scott. :/

etk
02-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Flowers = Late First, Early Second, and my 4th best corner. Scott has him as 9th. Just because I don't overrate a guy(If I'm not mistaken, one that also has character issues), doesn't mean I only listen to scott. :/

I'm responding to the whole board acting like 2 planes just crashed in NY over Flowers being ranked #1. The only time Mayock smokes crack is when he ranks receivers...probably because he hates them being a DB and all.

What character issues? A picture on facebook? C'mon man...

Explain to me why having Flowers higher than late first is overrating him? He's a prototypical corner that can play in any system.

Tampa 2 4 life
02-20-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm responding to the whole board acting like 2 planes just crashed in NY over Flowers being ranked #1. The only time Mayock smokes crack is when he ranks receivers...probably because he hates them being a DB and all.

What character issues? A picture on facebook? C'mon man...

Explain to me why having Flowers higher than late first is overrating him? He's a prototypical corner that can play in any system.

He's a little bit undersized at 5'10'' with Above Average but I wouldn't say outstanding speed, he's more of a zone guy IMO.

I'd call posting a picture of something white in a bag next to cash is a little worse that "A picture on facebook"..at the least, it should say he has common sense issues.

etk
02-20-2008, 02:18 PM
He's a little bit undersized at 5'10'' with Above Average but I wouldn't say outstanding speed, he's more of a zone guy IMO.

I'd call posting a picture of something white in a bag next to cash is a little worse that "A picture on facebook"..at the least, it should say he has common sense issues.

I've seen him listed anywhere from 5'10 to 6'0. Anything above 5'10 is fine for a CB, especially in a zone scheme. He's very thickly built so he won't have a problem....he could play safety. He's quicker than he is fast, but that suits his playing style because he's a physical bump-and-run guy.

I feel like I had this conversation before numerous times (Chris Houston last year...obviously not with you).

You know how the culture works. That picture won't do anything to his draft stock, but it will knock him down a letter grade on personal character for the hip-hop image.

iloxygenil
03-06-2008, 12:45 AM
I'm trying to decide Calias Campbell or Brandon Flowers

Went with Campbell because I think Flowers is going to slip over there.

iloxygenil
03-10-2008, 09:28 AM
So far, Campbell and Moore in the first 2 rounds...all the CBs worth a look in the 2nd round were gone, DRC went #5 in the draft...if that tells you anything.

etk
03-10-2008, 11:58 AM
LOL, we don't need an early CB anyway. It's fine going with one in the 3rd/4th. You should probably take a wideout next.

iloxygenil
03-13-2008, 12:08 AM
All the WRs are gone...well...the ones worth the pick...honestly Devin Thomas was my target heading into round 2 but he was gone...you want a speed or possession guy? I think that Clayton still has good days in front of him, he's never going to set the league on fire like he did before, but I think he can be a solid option.

Sweed
Kelly
Jackson
Thomas
Caldwell
Hardy
Doucet
JORDYZ1#1!1?!?1??/!1
Hawkins
Manningham

Are all off the boards now.

etk
03-13-2008, 02:04 PM
We need a WR that fits the WCO and has speed. Avery, Bennett, Simpson or Franklin.