PDA

View Full Version : ILB or OLB???

TACKLE
02-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Which is the bigger need?

Bradyjackson12
02-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Colvin, Vrabel and Thomas can all play at OLB, our depht is a lot thinner in the middle. I think, it will be great to draft Keith Rivers and move him to MLB. If we could draft down and still get him like at #10-12 it would be great. Later in the draft we could look for the big OLB from Michigan Shawn Crable.

Bigburt63
02-16-2008, 01:50 PM
I think it depends on who falls where as we get closer and closer to the draft. If ghoulstan falls to #7, I think the Pats would draft him which allows thomas to move back inside where he started last year before colvin got hurt. That also gives us the chance to ease ghoulstan into the lineup with colvin and vrabel taking the majority of the snaps. Colvin's absence was clearly evident as our defense went down the home stretch. If he is not there I believe that we will not spend a first round pick on a LB. BB likes to draft late round backers and develop them, which is why I feel Oscar Lua (7th rd pick last year) will push for time this year

TACKLE
02-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Let's say that Dorsey/Ellis fell to them at #7 and a team like the Broncos at #12 traded up. If the Pats were at #12 and Rivers was gone, would they go with a guy like Derrick Harvey or Dan Connor, or would they go a different direction and go CB or O-Line?

Billingsley26
02-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Let's say that Dorsey/Ellis fell to them at #7 and a team like the Broncos at #12 traded up. If the Pats were at #12 and Rivers was gone, would they go with a guy like Derrick Harvey or Dan Connor, or would they go a different direction and go CB or O-Line?

I could definately see OL being adressed. Im not too convinced that we will go with a CB or LB just yet. I could possibly see a safety be taken.

Bostonsportlova
03-04-2008, 03:51 PM
I think OLB is more of a need. Colvin is gone. Sure we might still need another MLB because there really old. I like Gholston more than Rivers at #7

Don Vito
03-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Adailus played better inside last year but he can play outside too, and Vrabel can play both well but was great on the outside last year. Bruschi and Seau are inside guys and as we know are up there in age, but they were still effective last year. We also have another OLB Pierre Woods who is young and inexperienced but many people are high on him.

If we take a guy like Gholston/Long/Harvey, they will probably start out playing outside and BB will try to mold them into versatile players who can play all of the LB spots. The most likely scenario is that we take a guy who played DE in college and move him to LB as the staff has done before.

Nalej
03-04-2008, 07:35 PM
I would love it if we could sign Gholston. That guys a beasstttttt....
With Colvin gone... Gholston and Vrabel would play outside
leaving Thomas, Seau and Bruschi to cycle through ILB.
Which is a great idea since the age factor that plays a part with Seau and Bruschi

Bigburt63
03-04-2008, 08:44 PM
I still want the patriots to draft an ILB, even if not to step in right away to develop because I don't see one on the roster who is capable of doing that right now.