PDA

View Full Version : DMAC to Dallas and the Pats come out on top again.

TACKLE
02-15-2008, 03:25 PM
1.Miami Dolphins - Chris Long
2.St.Louis Rams - Vernon Gholston
3.Oakland Raiders - Sedrick Ellis
4.Kansas City Chiefs - Jake Long
5.Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan
6.New York Jets - Glenn Dorsey
7.Dallas Cowboys f/Patriots - Darren McFadden
8.Baltimore Ravens - Leodis McKelvin
9.Cincinnati Bengals - Phillip Merling
10.New Orleans Saints - Keith Rivers
11.Buffalo Bills - Kentwan Balmer
12.Denver Broncos - Ryan Clady
13.Carolina Panthers - Derrick Harvey
14.Chicago Bears - Jeff Otah
15.Detroit Lions - Rashard Mendenhall
16.Arizona Cardianls - Brandon Flowers
17.Minnesota Vikings - Kenny Phillips
18.Houston Texans - Erin Henderson
19.Philadelphia Eagles - Reggie Smith
20.Tampa Bay Buccanears - Calais Campbell
21.Washington Redskins - Limas Sweed
22.New England Patriots f/Cowboys - Mike Jenkins
23.Pittsburg Steelers - Chris Williams
24.Tennessee Titans - Mario Manningham
25.Seattle Seahwks - Jonathan Stewart
26.Jacksonville Jaguars - DeSean Jackson
27.San Diego Chargers - Brandon Albert
28.New England Patriots f/Cowboys - edit Jerod Mayo (Quenitn Groves was the old pick but the more I thought about it the more I didn't like it. I like Lofton here but the Pats like bigger LB's.)
29.San Francisco 49ers - Malcolm Kelly
30.Green Bay Packers - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
forfeit
31.New York Giants - Carl Nicks

Turtlepower
02-15-2008, 03:33 PM
You do realize that there is not equal trade value with that trade, right?

Matthew Jones
02-15-2008, 03:35 PM
That mock is VERY strange. The Pats get Jenkins but I'd prefer Chris Williams, DeSean Jackson, and then Dan Connor.

Bills2083
02-15-2008, 03:38 PM
CB is a larger need than DT.
Give us Mike Jenkins there.

TACKLE
02-15-2008, 03:40 PM
You do realize that there is not equal trade value with that trade, right?

According to the Trade Value Chart, the 7th pick is 1500 and the 22nd + 28th pick is equal to 1440. Looks about right to me.

TACKLE
02-15-2008, 03:46 PM
CB is a larger need than DT.
Give us Mike Jenkins there.

Mike Jenkins value is a bit off. I know the Bills are willing to reach to fill a position of need but this is deep CB class and they can get a quality player in the 2nd or 3rd. This a strong class for DT's at the top then there is a dropoff. Quality DT talent will be harder to get in this draft.

Seasonticketholder
02-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Glenn Dorsey does not fit the Jets scheme. They would essentially be jettisoning off Dwayne Robertson to get a player with a similar skill set. I think the Jets would take McFadden given your scenario. The Pats would either take a CB or trade down with New Orleans who would take Dorsey.

defensiveback23
02-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Not a good Chargers pick because they don't need a G. Cromartie or Cherilus would be good selections with whats available.

UK Cards Fan
02-15-2008, 04:49 PM
When did Brandon Flowers jump ahead of Mike Jenkins and Dominique Rodgers Cromartie?

TACKLE
02-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Glenn Dorsey does not fit the Jets scheme. They would essentially be jettisoning off Dwayne Robertson to get a player with a similar skill set. I think the Jets would take McFadden given your scenario. The Pats would either take a CB or trade down with New Orleans who would take Dorsey.

If the Jets took Dorsey he would play DE in the 3-4, not NT. I know Dorsey is not an ideal fit in the 3-4 but he has the strength to get penetration and take on double teams and also the quickness and athletism to rush the passer. It was really close between DMac and Dorsey but since they invested money in Thomas Jones and already have a fast, do-it-all type RB in Leon Washington, I think they'll pass on McFadden to fill a much bigger need.

TACKLE
02-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Not a good Chargers pick because they don't need a G. Cromartie or Cherilus would be good selections with whats available.

Brandon Albert has the ability to play both G and OT. I think that he will probably play RT at the next level but can also play RG, LG, and even LT. He's 6'7 310 and has good athletism. His versatility and big upside are the reason he's the pick here. Cromartie got strong consideration as well. But the Chargers are a teams with very few holes and it would tough for them to make a "luxury pick" when they have a need at RT.

TACKLE
02-15-2008, 05:20 PM
When did Brandon Flowers jump ahead of Mike Jenkins and Dominique Rodgers Cromartie?

I'll be honest with you, I got the idea from Mayock. He has him as hus #2 CB. I didn't agree at 1st but the more I research and watched film, the more I like him. Flowers is a great athlete and was a shutdown CB at VT. He is the hardest-hitting DB in the draft period. He very physical and a great tackler. Teams threw away from him all year and he still ended up with 5 INT's. He'll probably run a sub 4.45. The only knock on him is his size (5'10 190) but he plays bigger than any other CB in the draft.

Turtlepower
02-15-2008, 05:27 PM
I'll be honest with you, I got the idea from Mayock. He has him as hus #2 CB. I didn't agree at 1st but the more I research and watched film, the more I like him. Flowers is a great athlete and was a shutdown CB at VT. He is the hardest-hitting DB in the draft period. He very physical and a great tackler. Teams threw away from him all year and he still ended up with 5 INT's. He'll probably run a sub 4.45. The only knock on him is his size (5'10 190) but he plays bigger than any other CB in the draft.

And this is why he won't be jumping up draft boards...

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/2008/01/02/flowers_has_questionable_photo_on_facebook

TACKLE
02-15-2008, 05:55 PM
And this is why he won't be jumping up draft boards...

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/2008/01/02/flowers_has_questionable_photo_on_facebook

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about that before. Not sure of credible the source is but I don't think the facebook thing is that big of a deal but the gun thing is pretty serious. Though the facebook thing could show what kind of people his friends are. I don't think it will effect his stock drastically but with the way the NFL is cracking down on players with legal problems, it could scare away a lot of teams. I just hope that he's upfront with the NFL teams about it and makes an effort to mature.

Yung Flippa
02-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Good Ravens pick, highly doubt Erin Henderson makes the Top 20, he's more of a second round pick. Give Houston Jonathan Stewart or DeSean Jackson.

TACKLE
02-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Good Ravens pick, highly doubt Erin Henderson makes the Top 20, he's more of a second round pick. Give Houston Jonathan Stewart or DeSean Jackson.

I think Henderson has been underrated. He was very productive in college and has good size, athletisms and versatility. The only thing holding him back is his 40 and I have a feeling he is going to do very well at the combine.

thebow305
02-15-2008, 10:51 PM
I see about a 0 % chance the Cards pass on both Mike Jenkins ad DRC both, just to reach and take Brandon Flowers, who doesn't fit their defensive scheme anyway.

Ok phins pick BTW.

Twinblade
02-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Falcons pass up a great DT for a QB named Matt Ryan that clearly doesn't want to play for the falcons? Wow, stop with the god damn Matt Ryan hype.

TACKLE
02-16-2008, 01:03 PM
You're right. Joey Harrington or Chris Redman are going to lead the Falcons back to the top of the NFC South and turn them into a contender. I can't believe I forgot that they already have 2 stud franchise-caliber QB's. Man, I feel so stupid. What was I thinking?!?!?

TACKLE
02-16-2008, 01:09 PM
I see about a 0 % chance the Cards pass on both Mike Jenkins ad DRC both, just to reach and take Brandon Flowers, who doesn't fit their defensive scheme anyway.

It is personal opinion. I think that Flowers is the #2 CB in the draft. I've stated the reasons above. Now, I was not aware of his off-field issues so he won't be going as high in my next mock. What kind of defensive scheme do the Cards like to run? I know they're a 3-4 team but do they mainly run cover 2, cover 3, or press man. When Whizenhunt was in Pittsburg, they liked fast, physical CB's.

gsorace
02-17-2008, 05:16 PM
If the draft fell like that why wouldn't the Jets try and trade with Dallas? Any player worth taking there either doesn't fill a major need or doesn't fit their scheme, if the Pats did it with the next pick, why wouldn't the Jets call up Dallas and say "we are taking McFadden unless you want to trade up"?

Crickett
02-17-2008, 05:38 PM
If the Jets took Dorsey he would play DE in the 3-4, not NT. I know Dorsey is not an ideal fit in the 3-4 but he has the strength to get penetration and take on double teams and also the quickness and athletism to rush the passer. It was really close between DMac and Dorsey but since they invested money in Thomas Jones and already have a fast, do-it-all type RB in Leon Washington, I think they'll pass on McFadden to fill a much bigger need.

If the Jets were going to put Dorsey and end, why not just put Robertson there?

TACKLE
02-17-2008, 06:26 PM
If the draft fell like that why wouldn't the Jets try and trade with Dallas? Any player worth taking there either doesn't fill a major need or doesn't fit their scheme, if the Pats did it with the next pick, why wouldn't the Jets call up Dallas and say "we are taking McFadden unless you want to trade up"?

That's a good point. I'll consider it when making my next mock.