PDA

View Full Version : BigBlue's Mock Draft

BigBlueCrew56
02-16-2008, 12:59 AM
1. Miami Dolphins- OT Jake Long Michigan

Sparano is an offensive line guy and the main thing should be building a young strong offensive line to protect Beck. Chris could also be the pick but I dont even think he is the best 3-4 OLB in this draft and it we just be too costly to pay an undersized 3-4 defensive end #1 type money. Sparano will mold Long into a solid Left Tackle and bring Parcells memories of Jumbo Elliott. Vernon Carey should make the pro bowl moving back to the right side.

2. St. Louis Rams- DE Chris Long Virginia

Rams get the player they wanted all along to take over for Little or Hall who are both in there 30's.

3. Atlanta Falcons- QB Matt Ryan Boston College

They will be very hard pressed not taking Ryan here with an insurance salesman and a fairy as the only viable options on the roster. Ryan will be the new face of the franchise.

4. Oakland Raiders- DT Glenn Dorsey LSU

They just reupped Fargas so running back doesnt look like such a glaring need especially with all the holes on defense. I think Davis promised Ryan that he will do everything to help his defense out. McFadden would be a luxary for the Raiders especially when there's a guy like Dorsey on the board to fill the hole left by Sapp.

5. Kansas City Cheifs- DT Sedrick Ellis USC

Cheifs go with Ellis since Long is now off the board. I dont think they take Clady this high and would be better served waiting till the second round to get an offensive lineman.

6. New York Jets- DE/OLB Vernon Gholston Ohio State

They will take a long hard look at McFadden but then realize that Gholston is just too good of a fit to pass up here. With Leon Washington proving to be explosive when given the chance it makes passing on McFadden a bit easier.

7. Dallas Cowboys(via trade with Patriots)- RB Darren McFadden Arkansas

* 2 1st rounders dealt

Cowboys will stop the slide and trade up with the Pats in order to secure the player they covet without giving up Marion Barber.

8. Baltimore Ravens- CB Leodis McKlevin Troy

Mcklevin makes a ton of sense for them since I think Rolle will be released soon.

9. Cincinatti Bengals- DE Philip Merling Clemson

They have some serious needs on the defensive front especially since Justin Smith might leave as a free agent.

10. New Orleans Saints- CB Mike Jenkins South Florida

They need a solid cover corner and Jenkins is as good as it gets.

11. Buffalo Bills- WR Malcolm Kelly Oklahoma

Lee Evans needs help and so does Edwards. Rivers would be a nice pick here but with Poz coming back next year LB doesnt look like such a need.

12. Denver Broncos- FS Kenny Phillips Miami

Broncos jump of Phillips here with the aging Lynch getting ready to retire soon.

13. Carolina Panthers- QB Brian Brohm Louisville

With Jake coming back from injury it may be in the teams best interest to have an insurance policy so they dont have to sign another 83 year old off the street again.

14. Chicago Bears- OT Ryan Clady Boise State

Bears need to replace the waste of space on there roster called Fred Miller.

15. Detroit Lions- OT Jeff Otah Pittsburgh

If they dont resign Woody they need to replace the gaping hole they will have at Right Tackle.

16. Arizona Cardinals- CB Aquib Talib Kansas

With moving Rolle over to FS they need somebody to replace him at an already thing position on the team.

17. Minnesota Vikings- DE Derrick Harvey Florida

With losing Udeze they need to bring in someone to step in and start immediately.

18. Houston Texans- RB Rashard Mendenhall Illinois

Finally they get there franchise running back to compliment Johnson and Schaub.

19. Philadelphia Eagles- OLB Keith Rivers USC

I think they release Spikes and use Rivers to fill his spot left on the defense.

20. Tampa Bay Bucs- WR DeSean Jackson Cal

Should fit in perfect in Gruden's west coast offense and he is the eventual replacement for the aging Galloway.

21. Washington Redskins- DE Calias Campbell Miami

Daniels is getting old and they love going to the U to get there players. Campbell will fit in nicely in there defense.

22. New England Patriots(trade with Dallas)- CB D. Rodgers-Cromartie Tenn St

Pats jump on DRC here just in case they cant resign Samuel.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers- WR James Hardy Indiana

Big Ben has asked for a big target and Hardy seems to fit the bill at 6'6 to groom behind Ward.

24. Tennessee Titans- WR Limas Sweed Texas

Has the obvious connection with Young so he would be a nice pickup to help out the offense.

25. Seattle Seahawks- RB Johnathan Stewart Oregan

Big bruising back to groom behind Alexander. They will be happy to see him fall this far back.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE Lawrence Jackson USC

Big strong defensive end who will fill a need on this team.

27. San Diego Chargers- OT Chris Williams Vanderbilt

Versatile offensive lineman who can step in and start at RT.

28. New England Patriots(via Cowboys)- OT Gosder Cherilus Boston College

Big physical imposing lineman will add more talent to that line.

29. San Francisco 49ers- WR Mario Manningham Michigan

Explosive weapon that will succeed in Mike Martz offense.

30. Green Bay Packers- RB Felix Jones Arkansas

Packers with not too many needs go with the BPA. What a steal this late in the draft.

31. New York Giants- FS Reggie Smith Oklahoma

Excellent value for the Champs and fills a need for depth.

2nd round

32. Miami Dolphins- DE/DT Kentwan Balmer North Carolina

Balmer will fill the need at end in there 3-4 defense.

33. St. Louis Rams- OG Bradon Albert Virginia

Big massive guard who will provide much needed depth to there line or may even start.

34. Oakland Raiders- OT Sam Baker USC

Baker fills a need on the offensive line and is very familiar in playing in Kiffin's system.

35. Atlanta Falcons- DT Pat Sims Auburn

Big physical tackle that Smith would enjoy on his defense.

36. Kansas City Cheifs- OT Carl Nicks Nebraska

Big physical offensive lineman to throw over on the right side.

37. New York Jets- DT Atbya Rubin Iowa State

Big Nasty NT they have been looking for to help push Robertson out.

38. Baltimore Ravens- QB Chad Henne Michigan

Ravens jump on there QB and look to dump McNair.

39. San Francisco 49ers- OG Chilo Rachal USC

Niners have some free agents along there offensive line and Rachal looks to be a young powerhouse at guard.

40. New Orleans Saints- Ali Highsmith LSU

There looking to get quicker at the linebacker spot so they take the hometown college kid from LSU.

41. Buffalo Bills- TE Fred Davis USC

Bills add another weapon to there anemic offense.

42. Denver Broncos- OLB Dan Connor Penn State

This will enable them to move Williams back to the outside as I think Connor would be solid in the middle.

43. Carolina Panthers- RB Chris Johnson East Carolina

CJ is an absolute beast and the Panthers look like they are well on there way to releasing Foster.

44. Chicago Bears- QB Joe Flacco Deleware

I think the Bears gamble on Flacco in this spot to see if they can finally resolve the QB spot.

45. Detroit Lions- CB Antoine Cason Arizona

Speedy corner will help fill a void in there secondary

46. Cincinatti Bengals- OLB Phillip Wheeler Georgia Tech

Could come in and fight for starters gig on the outside.

47. Minnesota Vikings- WR Early Doucet LSU

Always in need of finding weapons at wideout.

48. Atlanta Falcons- OT Anthony Collins Kansas

Offensive line is in full rebuild mode.

49. Philadelphia Eagles- WR Lavelle Hawkins Cal

Really moving up fast on the draft board and it will give the Eagles and McNabb another weapon.

50. Arizona Cardinals- RB Jammal Charles Texas

Looking for the eventual replacement James.

51. Washington Redskins- CB Brandon Flowers Virginia Tech

52. Tampa Bay Bucs- CB Tracy Porter Indiana

53. Pittsburgh Steelers- OG Roy Scheuning Oregan State

54. Tennesse Titans- DT Dre Moore Maryland

55. Seattle Seahawks- TE Martellus Bennett Texas A&M

56. Cleveland Browns- DE/OLB Quentin Groves Auburn

57. Miami Dolphins- TE John Carlson Notre Dame

58. Jacksonville Jaguars- WR Donnie Avery Houston

59. Indianapolis Colts- DT Trevor Laws Notre Dame

60. Green Bay Packers- CB Charles Godfrey Iowa

61. Dallas Cowboys- WR Andre Caldwell Florida

62. New England Patriots- ILB Erin Henderson Maryland

63. New York Giants- OLB Tavares Gooden Miami

02-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Great Raiders draft! Never a bad idea to build through the trenches first.

vidae
02-16-2008, 01:25 AM
Offensive line is our biggest liability and you don't have us taking one with the first or second picks? Meh. I think I'd rather reach for Clady with the first or pick someone up second round.

Also, did we (Chiefs) release Ty Law without me hearing about it?

defensiveback23
02-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Prefer Reggie Smith but not a bad Charger's selection.

Matthew Jones
02-16-2008, 04:22 AM
While I do like New England's draft for the most part thus far, Rodgers-Cromartie isn't really a great fit. He's a man corner playing our zone defense. I'd go with Cason there, but it's a bit of a reach to most, so maybe Chris Williams.

fenikz
02-16-2008, 04:41 AM
i would take DRC over Talib, Talib is too much like Rolle while DRC looks like he can become a shutdown corner

T-RICH49
02-16-2008, 05:26 AM
Give us Nicks in RD 2.We can get a quality CB in RD 3

T-RICH49
02-16-2008, 05:30 AM
Offensive line is our biggest liability and you don't have us taking one with the first or second picks? Meh. I think I'd rather reach for Clady with the first or pick someone up second round.

Also, did we (Chiefs) release Ty Law without me hearing about it?

he has'nt been released yet but it's almost a lock to happen

neko4
02-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Not liking Felix Jones in the first
Especially with Cason and Flowers available

BigBlueCrew56
02-16-2008, 09:41 AM
K.C. fans you guys are correct. I should have thrown you an offensive lineman. I just cant see you passing on a guy like Ellis in the 1st though because he grades much higher then a Clady. Collins or Nicks should be the pick in the second. I will tweak accordingly.

Pats fans I hear you in regards to Cromartie as I thought a player like Brandon Flowers would make more sense put in terms on pure talent you guys need to take a gamble on something special here.

DiG
02-16-2008, 10:54 AM
i barely think devin thomas is worth a mid 3rd.

thebow305
02-16-2008, 11:45 AM
not my favorite first rounder for the phins, but I love the 2nd round.

bearsfan_51
02-16-2008, 11:47 AM
You're my boy blue!!

Twinblade
02-16-2008, 12:21 PM
If the falcons Draft Matt Ryan when Dorsey is still on the board, I will shoot myself.

vidae
02-16-2008, 12:23 PM
K.C. fans you guys are correct. I should have thrown you an offensive lineman. I just cant see you passing on a guy like Ellis in the 1st though because he grades much higher then a Clady. Collins or Nicks should be the pick in the second. I will tweak accordingly.

I guess I can agree with Ellis in the 1st to be honest. We've reached a lot on defensive tackles and I know Herm is a major defensive guy. I do like the second pick a lot more now.

Also, I agree that Ty Law is getting old, but I guess I was kind of hoping we could get another year out of him. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

hugegmenfan
02-16-2008, 12:26 PM
GREAT Giants picks- way to represent the team big blue

Brothgar
02-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Otah + Cason ... I think I love you. *AHEM* I think I went a little to far there.

BigBlueCrew56
02-16-2008, 01:44 PM
i barely think devin thomas is worth a mid 3rd.

I agree but couldnt figure out what you guys needed. Looked into it and saw updated team needs. I fixed and gave you guys Flowers.

Crickett
02-16-2008, 01:55 PM
1. Miami Dolphins- OT Jake Long Michigan

Sparano is an offensive line guy and the main thing should be building a young strong offensive line to protect Beck. Chris could also be the pick but I dont even think he is the best 3-4 OLB in this draft and it we just be too costly to pay an undersized 3-4 defensive end #1 type money. Sparano will mold Long into a solid Left Tackle and bring Parcells memories of Jumbo Elliott. Vernon Carey should make the pro bowl moving back to the right side.

Keep this in mind
1. As the Jets coach, Pacells passed on Orlando Pace.... and Walter Jones. And its not like he just drafted someone else. He traded down from 1 (where Orlando Pace was drafted) to 6 and then from 6 (where Walter Jones was drafted) to 8.
2. Since the turn of the century, only two right tackles have made the pro bowl. Lincoln Kennedy and Willie Anderson.

7. Dallas Cowboys(via trade with Patriots)- RB Darren McFadden Arkansas

* 2 1st rounders dealt

Cowboys will stop the slide and trade up with the Pats in order to secure the player they covet without giving up Marion Barber.

Is it just me or do the Cowboys not really need a running back all that badly. I mean, wasn't Barber a pro bowler?

29. San Francisco 49ers- WR Mario Manningham Michigan

Explosive weapon that will succeed in Mike Martz offense.

Guy who has difficulty hauling in catches across from someone else who has the same problem (D-Jax).

31. New York Giants- FS Reggie Smith Oklahoma

Excellent value for the Champs and fills a need for depth.

Depth my ***, the Giants have some serious problems at safety with Gibril Wilson hitting free agency and James Butler being the worst starter the Giants have on the entire team.

43. Carolina Panthers- RB Chris Johnson East Carolina

CJ is an absolute beast and the Panthers look like they are well on there way to releasing Foster.

Uhmmmm, what about DeAngelo Williams, the Panthers former first round draft pick?

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-16-2008, 02:20 PM
LOVE the ravens draft, and LOVE the explanation of the Henne pick.

BigBlueCrew56
02-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Keep this in mind
1. As the Jets coach, Pacells passed on Orlando Pace.... and Walter Jones. And its not like he just drafted someone else. He traded down from 1 (where Orlando Pace was drafted) to 6 and then from 6 (where Walter Jones was drafted) to 8.
2. Since the turn of the century, only two right tackles have made the pro bowl. Lincoln Kennedy and Willie Anderson.

Why do you have this pre-conceived notion that Jake Long is going to be a Right Tackle in the pros??? Jake Long has played Left Tackle his whole life and freaking only gave one damn sack all year vs a top 5 player in Vernon Gholston. Start looking at some good new tape of Jake Long preparing for the combine and he strickly states how he loves when people call him slow and doubt him. Looking at him doing agility drills and the guy looks nimble on his feet. I think he gets such a bad knock because of his stature. Oh lets not also forget the effort by Long in the bowl game keeping another 1st rd pick off of Henne in Harvey. As for Parcells picking Long at #1. I already gave a breif statement on why Long makes sense in this year's 2008 draft now and not previous history. Parcells has had the top pick in the draft only twice in his career with one of them being Bledsoe...(Obvious pick because the team needed a signal caller) 2008 the Phins currently have a young QB in John Beck. No real value on the defense at #1 for your system. Dorsey and Ellis are both 4-3 Tackles so that leaves Chris Long to be your #1 pick. If they take C.Long he will be an undersized end making #1 type money???? Or be an OLB in the 3-4 in which he probably isnt the best talent at that spot in this draft (Gholston). The Phins still have OLB's Taylor and Porter on the roster and may even now convert Matt Roth to OLB. Parcells did trade down from the top spot but I dont think he will be afforded that option in this draft. If he takes Chris Long then that's only because he has assurance that Flozell is going to sign with the team. I am sticking with Jake till i hear otherwise.

Is it just me or do the Cowboys not really need a running back all that badly. I mean, wasn't Barber a pro bowler?

Yeah of course except when a crazy owner by the name of Jerry Jones has a huge hard on for some ex alumni that is projected as the #1 talent in this draft. Jones is looking for the homerun threat and that is something Marion Barber is not.

Guy who has difficulty hauling in catches across from someone else who has the same problem (D-Jax).

Manningham is not (D-Jax)

Depth my ***, the Giants have some serious problems at safety with Gibril Wilson hitting free agency and James Butler being the worst starter the Giants have on the entire team.

Okay I got it. I might have half a**** the comment real quick when I was coming towards the end on the 1st round. The Giants have a need at safety and get to address it at the end of the 1st round. Is that better???

Uhmmmm, what about DeAngelo Williams, the Panthers former first round draft pick?

He is undersized and not proven between the tackles. More of a 3rd down back. Team looking to trade or release Foster real soon because of huge salary. Cant rely on just Williams as your main back. Johnson > Williams.

BigBlueCrew56
02-16-2008, 03:55 PM
For the Jake Long pick you have to put yourself in managements shoes. And ask yourself these questions

1. Are you happy with the QB that is currenltly on the roster and how do you make him better if he has potential?

A: Parcells and Ireland have stated recently that Beck was way better then they had came in thinking after watching film and interviewing him. He was the 1st phone call Ireland placed too and the other being Jason Taylor. So after seeing this it makes me beleive that Ryan wouldnt be the pick unless they can trade down which I dont see happening. Now we just released three OT's from our roster Shelton,Toledo, and Alabi. Carey's natural spot is at RT where he can make the pro bowl at. Long meets the size that we like being 6'7 330. If he looks great at the combine I dont see how they cant take him.

2. Instead of taking Jake Long do we sign Flozell Adams??????

A: Okay so we sign the Hotel but he is aging. We are in the middle of the rebuilding process so why are we going to to spend so much on Adams for we may not see results until two three years from now. They are also no assurances that Adams doesnt get tagged. If we get Jake in the draft now we will have a very young a dominant line of Long-Satele-Carey. Go out and get a couple of solid veteran guards to help them come along and the line is set for many years to come.

3. Should we take Chris Long because of his pedigree and Al Groh?

We love this kid in Long but at 6'3 275 he is more of a 4-3 end then he is a 3-4 end. He could have success at OLB but is he even better then Ware who we got in the teens in the draft or even Gholston in this draft???? With veterans Taylor and Porter still on the team and a young guy who measures but you Long in Matt Roth we have someone to develop. We need to concentrate on finding a Nose Tackle and a few big middle linebackers later in the draft.

BigBlueCrew56
02-16-2008, 04:38 PM
LOVE the ravens draft, and LOVE the explanation of the Henne pick.

The competition would be so heated between Henne and Smith HAHAHAHA. I guess that would be a good thing for the Ravens.

thebow305
02-16-2008, 04:43 PM
For the Jake Long pick you have to put yourself in managements shoes. And ask yourself these questions

1. Are you happy with the QB that is currenltly on the roster and how do you make him better if he has potential?

A: Parcells and Ireland have stated recently that Beck was way better then they had came in thinking after watching film and interviewing him. He was the 1st phone call Ireland placed too and the other being Jason Taylor. So after seeing this it makes me beleive that Ryan wouldnt be the pick unless they can trade down which I dont see happening. Now we just released three OT's from our roster Shelton,Toledo, and Alabi. Carey's natural spot is at RT where he can make the pro bowl at. Long meets the size that we like being 6'7 330. If he looks great at the combine I dont see how they cant take him.

2. Instead of taking Jake Long do we sign Flozell Adams??????

A: Okay so we sign the Hotel but he is aging. We are in the middle of the rebuilding process so why are we going to to spend so much on Adams for we may not see results until two three years from now. They are also no assurances that Adams doesnt get tagged. If we get Jake in the draft now we will have a very young a dominant line of Long-Satele-Carey. Go out and get a couple of solid veteran guards to help them come along and the line is set for many years to come.

3. Should we take Chris Long because of his pedigree and Al Groh?

We love this kid in Long but at 6'3 275 he is more of a 4-3 end then he is a 3-4 end. He could have success at OLB but is he even better then Ware who we got in the teens in the draft or even Gholston in this draft???? With veterans Taylor and Porter still on the team and a young guy who measures but you Long in Matt Roth we have someone to develop. We need to concentrate on finding a Nose Tackle and a few big middle linebackers later in the draft.

My take on Jake Long is that he will probably never be more than an average LT. He could potentially be a Pro Bowl RT. But that is not what we are looking for. I didn't really notice why until I started really looking at his film, after watching what Mayock had to say about him. He has a very tough time against speed rushers. That was made most evident in his few run-ins with Vernon Gholston. Gholston just flat out abused Jake Long whenever they lined up against eachother. And you say we shouldn't doubt him just because he had a hard time against just Gholston, who is a top 5 pick. But do you think it will get any easier against the DaMarcus Wares, Julius Peppers, or Shawne Merriman's of the NFL? The answer is no. He will be going up against even more Elite NFL talent than Gholston every week. What seperated an Elite LT prospect like Joe Thomas last year was his mobility. Jake Long does not have that, which is why he is not in the same class as Thomas was a year ago. He could be stuck on the right side to mask his lack of mobility and he could be very good there.

But the Dolphins are not looking for a RT, not with the 1st Overall Pick in the draft. So I think we'll pass!

bearsfan_51
02-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Actually in all seriousness, I love the Clady pick, but am not a Flacco fan at all. If we take a project QB at #44 it should be Andre Woodson. If no quarterback I'd take a runningback like Ray Rice or a receiver like Devin Thomas.

BigBlueCrew56
02-16-2008, 05:00 PM
My take on Jake Long is that he will probably never be more than an average LT. He could potentially be a Pro Bowl RT. But that is not what we are looking for. I didn't really notice why until I started really looking at his film, after watching what Mayock had to say about him. He has a very tough time against speed rushers. That was made most evident in his few run-ins with Vernon Gholston. Gholston just flat out abused Jake Long whenever they lined up against eachother. And you say we shouldn't doubt him just because he had a hard time against just Gholston, who is a top 5 pick. But do you think it will get any easier against the DaMarcus Wares, Julius Peppers, or Shawne Merriman's of the NFL? The answer is no. He will be going up against even more Elite NFL talent than Gholston every week. What seperated an Elite LT prospect like Joe Thomas last year was his mobility. Jake Long does not have that, which is why he is not in the same class as Thomas was a year ago. He could be stuck on the right side to mask his lack of mobility and he could be very good there.

But the Dolphins are not looking for a RT, not with the 1st Overall Pick in the draft. So I think we'll pass!

Looking at Jake Long training at his pre combine workouts on ESPNdraft central.com and he looked pretty damn quick to me. I watched the whole Florida-Michigan game real closely because I had some good hard earned dollars on Michgan and let me tell you that Jake Long completely dominated his side of the field vs some of the fastest ends in the country. Long gave up 1 Freaking sack to Gholston.

Crickett
02-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Why do you have this pre-conceived notion that Jake Long is going to be a Right Tackle in the pros??? Jake Long has played Left Tackle his whole life and freaking only gave one damn sack all year vs a top 5 player in Vernon Gholston. Start looking at some good new tape of Jake Long preparing for the combine and he strickly states how he loves when people call him slow and doubt him. Looking at him doing agility drills and the guy looks nimble on his feet. I think he gets such a bad knock because of his stature. Oh lets not also forget the effort by Long in the bowl game keeping another 1st rd pick off of Henne in Harvey. As for Parcells picking Long at #1. I already gave a breif statement on why Long makes sense in this year's 2008 draft now and not previous history. Parcells has had the top pick in the draft only twice in his career with one of them being Bledsoe...(Obvious pick because the team needed a signal caller) 2008 the Phins currently have a young QB in John Beck. No real value on the defense at #1 for your system. Dorsey and Ellis are both 4-3 Tackles so that leaves Chris Long to be your #1 pick. If they take C.Long he will be an undersized end making #1 type money???? Or be an OLB in the 3-4 in which he probably isnt the best talent at that spot in this draft (Gholston). The Phins still have OLB's Taylor and Porter on the roster and may even now convert Matt Roth to OLB. Parcells did trade down from the top spot but I dont think he will be afforded that option in this draft. If he takes Chris Long then that's only because he has assurance that Flozell is going to sign with the team. I am sticking with Jake till i hear otherwise.

Actually, #2 was in reference to "Vernon Carey should make the pro bowl moving back to the right side." comment in the mock draft, but okay.

Now, for the sake of arguing

1. No, Jake Long has not been playing LT his entire life. He's been switching back and forth from left to right side. As a Wolverine, Jake Long has started 14 games as a right tackle, and 13 (mostly as a senior) on the left. I got that from his own Michigan Wolverines bio.
2. As far as Chris Long goes, I wouldn't do it, but it seems very much like the Dolphins will.
3. Look at him doing agility drills? Unless those agility drills are being measured, why would I bother? It's like asking me to watch a draft prospect run without a stopwatch or some way of timing. Oh sure he looks plenty fast, but for all I know, he may be a wide receiver who just ran a 4.7.

BigBlueCrew56
02-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Actually, #2 was in reference to "Vernon Carey should make the pro bowl moving back to the right side." comment in the mock draft, but okay.

Now, for the sake of arguing

1. No, Jake Long has not been playing LT his entire life. He's been switching back and forth from left to right side. As a Wolverine, Jake Long has started 14 games as a right tackle, and 13 (mostly as a senior) on the left. I got that from his own Michigan Wolverines bio.
2. As far as Chris Long goes, I wouldn't do it, but it seems very much like the Dolphins will.
3. Look at him doing agility drills? Unless those agility drills are being measured, why would I bother? It's like asking me to watch a draft prospect run without a stopwatch or some way of timing. Oh sure he looks plenty fast, but for all I know, he may be a wide receiver who just ran a 4.7.

Classic HAHAHAHAHA. I get what your saying. I think Jake under the tuteledge of Sparano can do some special things though. I mean look at a guy like David Diehl for instance. Too slow... cant do the job... is only a guard but yet he was able to protect long enough for his QB to be MVP of the super bowl.

bearsfan_51
02-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Classic HAHAHAHAHA. I get what your saying. I think Jake under the tuteledge of Sparano can do some special things though. I mean look at a guy like David Diehl for instance. Too slow... cant do the job... is only a guard but yet he was able to protect long enough for his QB to be MVP of the super bowl.
You're using David Diehl as justification for the #1 pick. I would quit while you're behind.

BigBlueCrew56
02-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Didnt mean it as a direct analogy and yeah I guess it was pretty bad for the argument but you guys are telling me that Jake Long isnt worthy of being a #1 pick but I have seen a million mocks that have him going #2. So he's worth a #2 but not a #1???????

BigBlueCrew56
02-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Over very own Scott Wright has OT Jake Long as the #3 ranked player in the draft just behind McFadden and Dorsey. Todd McShay just the other day stated that If Miami passess on Ryan because they beleive in Beck that Jake Long would be the front runner. Phins could have a solid young offensive line for many years to come under the tuteledge of Sparano.

BigBlueCrew56
02-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Your Pacells and Sparano and you are looking over your roster. You envision selecting OT Jake Long and then signing a guard like Alan Faneca

LT Jake Long LG Alan Faneca C Samson Satele RG Rex Hadnot RT Vernon Carey

Right there you have the making of a very solid offensive line to protect your young QB in Beck.

On the defensive side of the ball you have

OLB Joey Porter ILB Channing Crowder ILB?????? OLB Jason Taylor

OLB Quentin Moses and OLB Matt Roth

* Looking at the Dolphin defense it would seem that selecting a player like Chris Long over Jake Long would be a stretch because Porter and Taylor are still on the roster and Chris is a bit under sized to play down 3-4 at 6'3 275. Dolphins currently have 6'5 290 Vonnie Holliday and 6'5 300 Rodrique Wright that can play end in there 3-4. Moses and Roth could flourish playing as OLB in the new defense. Keep in mind that the Dolphins just released OT L.J. Shelton,OT Joe Toledo, and OT Anthony Alabi.

DE Vonnie Holliday DT???????? DE Rodrique Wright

mqtirishfan
02-16-2008, 09:10 PM
I would probably have to break down and cry like a girl if the Packers drafted this poorly.

BaLLiN
02-16-2008, 09:23 PM
no DaJuan Morgan in first two rounds?

BigBlueCrew56
02-16-2008, 09:59 PM
I would probably have to break down and cry like a girl if the Packers drafted this poorly.

Much like when the Packers took Justin Harrell last year correct????? I still remember the dumbfounded looks of Packer Nation on ESPN when the pick was made.

proshoota25
02-17-2008, 01:14 AM
not a bad pats draft.... i love DRC, but he doesnt fit our scheme.... but i wouldnt mind him either haha. i dont see connor playing for the pats

BigBlueCrew56
02-17-2008, 08:00 AM
Pats fans just changed and gave you guys Cherilus instead of Connor in the back end of the 1st

D-Rod
02-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Decent first day for the falcons...

Bills2083
02-18-2008, 08:57 AM
In normal mocks, I would be furious if we passed on Rivers. But not in this one.
I'd be fine with Kelly in round 1.
But if this happens, we HAVE to take an OLB in round 2. Dan Connor and Philip Wheeler would be better picks than Davis.

BigBlueCrew56
02-18-2008, 09:40 AM
In normal mocks, I would be furious if we passed on Rivers. But not in this one.
I'd be fine with Kelly in round 1.
But if this happens, we HAVE to take an OLB in round 2. Dan Connor and Philip Wheeler would be better picks than Davis.

Why is linebacker such a need for you guys when you have Paul Posluzny coming back from injury this year????

Bills2083
02-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Because Posluszny is MLB, and Crowell is our SLB.
Ellison and DiGiorgio should not be starting at WLB.

BigBlueCrew56
02-18-2008, 10:36 AM
I actually thought Nick Papa DiGiorgio didnt play so bad for you guys. But i guess you could use an upgrade. They could always move Puz to the WLB but then again maybe they like him in the middle. You could always fill the spot via F/A since the linebackers are all young. Maybe a veteran WLB is what you guys need.

DiG
02-18-2008, 10:58 AM
I agree but couldnt figure out what you guys needed. Looked into it and saw updated team needs. I fixed and gave you guys Flowers.

calais + flowers = A

mqtirishfan
02-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Much like when the Packers took Justin Harrell last year correct????? I still remember the dumbfounded looks of Packer Nation on ESPN when the pick was made.

...No. Justin Harrell made sense, because there's no such thing as too many quality DTs and he was a top ten talent before his injury. Felix Jones is not needed, as Ryan Grant is the starter, and Green Bay is going to let Jackson prove his worth as the second back.

fenikz
02-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Talib is terrible, will never be the #1 corner that we need, a mid 2nd rounder IMO, give us Harvey there in the 1st, then Flowers is the BPA in the 2nd and he fills a position of need give him to us there

BigBlueCrew56
02-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Talib is terrible, will never be the #1 corner that we need, a mid 2nd rounder IMO, give us Harvey there in the 1st, then Flowers is the BPA in the 2nd and he fills a position of need give him to us there

I was under the impression that corner was a need pick for you guys being the lack of depth and with the move of Rolle to S. I have seen a ton of sites that have Talib rated rather highly. I'll keep it in mind for my next mock draft. I take it you want Harvey to be your 3-4 OLB correct????

BigBlueCrew56
02-18-2008, 12:56 PM
...No. Justin Harrell made sense, because there's no such thing as too many quality DTs and he was a top ten talent before his injury. Felix Jones is not needed, as Ryan Grant is the starter, and Green Bay is going to let Jackson prove his worth as the second back.

I went with BPA availible at that spot because Jones is an elite game breaker and that is something Grant and Jackson are not. I love the way Grant played but if a talent like Jones slips too #30 I dont see how can you pass on him. This could be all for not if Dallas doesnt trade. We will all get a better idea on how to critique once the combine comes out. I for one know that the Packers need a CB to groom but sometimes a team doesnt always grab the player they need and go for BPA then need. In my next Mock if I feel the Cowboys wont make a deal then Jones goes to them and i promise I will give you guys a solid corner in the end of that 1st.

camp_eagles
02-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Philly wont take a LB in the first 3 rounds look more at CB, S, DE, OT. And if Spikes is released Gaither would slide out to WILL and Stuart Bradley will play MIKE