PDA

View Full Version : 2/16 One-round mock with four trades!

Matthew Jones
02-16-2008, 05:34 AM
I almost never do trades, but I decided to try some weird stuff for once and do a bit of what I would like to see in the draft this year.

1. Miami Dolphins DE Chris Long, Virginia
2. St. Louis Rams OT Jake Long, Michigan
3. Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan, Boston College
4. Oakland Raiders DT Sedrick Ellis, Southern Cal
5. Kansas City Chiefs DT Glenn Dorsey, Louisiana St.
6. New York Jets DE/OLB Vernon Gholston, Ohio St.

*Trade: Dallas trades #22, #28, and a fourth-round pick to New England for #7*

7. Dallas Cowboys (f/NE/SF) RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas
8. Baltimore Ravens OT Ryan Clady, Boise St.
9. Cincinnati Bengals DE Derrick Harvey, Florida
10. New Orleans Saints OLB Keith Rivers, Southern Cal
11. Buffalo Bills CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy
12. Denver Broncos SS Kenny Phillips, Miami (FL)
13. Carolina Panthers OT Chris Williams, Vanderbilt
14. Chicago Bears OT Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh
15. Detroit Lions CB Aqib Talib, Kansas
16. Arizona Cardinals RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon

*Trade: New England trades #22 and 28 to Minnesota for #17 and a first-round pick in 2009*

17. New England Patriots (f/MIN) WR DeSean Jackson, California
18. Houston Texans RB Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois
19. Philadelphia Eagles WR Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma

*Trade: Jacksonville trades #26 and a third-round pick to Tampa Bay for #20*

20. Jacksonville Jaguars (f/TB) DE Phillip Merling, Clemson
21. Washington Redskins WR Limas Sweed, Texas
22. Minnesota Vikings (f/NE/DAL/CLE) - DE Calais Campbell, Miami (FL)
23. Pittsburgh Steelers OG Branden Albert, Virginia

*Trade: San Francisco trades #29 and a fourth-round pick to Tennessee for #24*

24. San Francisco 49ers (f/TEN) QB Chad Henne, Michigan
25. Seattle Seahawks RB Felix Jones, Arkansas
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (f/JAX) QB Brian Brohm, Louisville
27. San Diego Chargers CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee St.
28. Minnesota Vikings (f/NE/DAL) WR Mario Manningham, Michigan
29. Tennessee Titans (f/SF/IND) TE Fred Davis, Southern Cal
30. Green Bay Packers CB Mike Jenkins, South Florida
31. New England Patriots Pick forfeited
32. New York Giants WR Devin Thomas, Michigan St.

Matthew Jones
02-16-2008, 05:37 AM
Explanation of trades - Dallas trades up for McFadden, obviously. Dunno if that would have paid off because they'd have been able to draft Felix Jones and Mike Jenkins, but that's the gamble, and I made this mock as I went along, so the trade was there before I even did those picks. I had no idea Jenkins would fall so far. New England made the trade because Minnesota has two glaring needs instead of one. I think Vikings fans will like the picks, though. Jacksonville trades up for a great value and a big need to get ahead of Minnesota and Washington. San Francisco trades up because Mike Martz loves the deep ball and they've gotta have that component. Alex Smith doesn't give it to them and this is a guy that was impressive at the Senior Bowl. They want to get ahead of QB-crazed Jon Gruden, who runs a lot of deep routes himself with Galloway.

Jakey
02-16-2008, 05:49 AM
Good Steelers pick...i likey

Addict
02-16-2008, 06:01 AM
1st round corners aren't needed in a cover 2 system. Stop giving the lions a corner, it just doesn't make any sense.

Matthew Jones
02-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Maybe not in the first round, but when you have a pass defense as atrocious as Detroit's, you tend to want to upgrade it. Talib is the best value on the board for Detroit considering they probably won't take a Mendenhall or Stewart there.

T-RICH49
02-16-2008, 09:04 AM
LOVE the Chiefs pick.Dorsey, Allen, Tyler and Hali = AWESOME

art vandelay
02-16-2008, 09:45 AM
McKelvin's man-to-man coverage skills would be wasted in Buffalo's defensive scheme.

Gay Ork Wang
02-16-2008, 10:10 AM
I dont see:
1. the Pats trading up
2. The pats trading up for a WR...
3. the 49ers drafting Henne in the first

DiG
02-16-2008, 10:53 AM
sweed to the skins = bad.

thebow305
02-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Ok phins pick.... if Jenkins and Campbell both fall into the 22 - 30 range, I would be desperate to get that trade with Dallas for the #1 pick.

sportsnerd23
02-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Chad Henne over Brian Brohm in the first round? I don't think so. Nice Eagles pick though. Ill give the mock a B+

Twinblade
02-16-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm sick of seeing all these mock drafts with us taking a god damn QB in the first round.

hugegmenfan
02-16-2008, 12:25 PM
absolutely horrible giants pick for starters

and 2nd, not a chance mcfadden slips past the jets

Yung Flippa
02-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Good Houston pick. Give the Ravens McKelvin or Keith Rivers.

AlexDown
02-16-2008, 01:23 PM
and 2nd, not a chance mcfadden slips past the jets

Don't be to sure about that...

defensiveback23
02-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Big fan of Chargers selection but I have my doubts they would pass on Smith.

GB12
02-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Absolutely love the Packers pick.

Vikings4ever
02-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Don't like the Vikings trade. Neither player thrills me enough to trade the 1st next year. I'd rather they take a first and second, which would be about equal value.

skiinginNJ
02-16-2008, 02:30 PM
i like the giants pick

TACKLE
02-16-2008, 02:35 PM
I appreciate the originiality in this mock. I get tired of seeing the same generic mocks over and over. But I don't see why the Pats would trade up to take a WR. I know Stallworth is probably gone and Moss doesn't have much longer but they still also have Welker and Gaffney. The Patriots aren't going to trade up for some 165lb WR who cannot block. I don't see them trading up in the first place b/c they could probably address their CB and LB needs with those 2 picks. If they were to trade up, I'd like to see them take Brandon ALbert. They guy is arguably the most talent O-Lineman in the draft and can play every position except C. Good mock though.

vidae
02-16-2008, 02:54 PM
I like the Chiefs pick since Jake Long is already gone. A part of me wants to reach a bit and take Clady at 5 but Dorsey is a solid pick that would help us stop the run.

Good mock overall.

LonghornsLegend
02-16-2008, 04:05 PM
I also appreciate the originality, had a few interesting trades that guys may not appreciate now but I could see happening, although with the niners henne will probably be there without moving up, and the Pats will have Moss, Gaffney, Welker, and Chad Jackson to step up into a role, along with kelley washington, thats the only thing that probably has a 0% chance of happening imho...

As far as Dallas trading up, its the rumor, and if it happened at 7 I wouldnt be upset because we get even value for our 2 first, moving up to 1 is crazy, and if Jerry really likes him go for it....But personally we would be better off with Jenkins and Jones, would make our team much better, but if we get mcfadden at 7 I wont be too upset, still getting an impact player on a good team.

Crazy_Chris
02-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Explanation of trades - Dallas trades up for McFadden, obviously. Dunno if that would have paid off because they'd have been able to draft Felix Jones and Mike Jenkins, but that's the gamble, and I made this mock as I went along, so the trade was there before I even did those picks. I had no idea Jenkins would fall so far. New England made the trade because Minnesota has two glaring needs instead of one. I think Vikings fans will like the picks, though. Jacksonville trades up for a great value and a big need to get ahead of Minnesota and Washington. San Francisco trades up because Mike Martz loves the deep ball and they've gotta have that component. Alex Smith doesn't give it to them and this is a guy that was impressive at the Senior Bowl. They want to get ahead of QB-crazed Jon Gruden, who runs a lot of deep routes himself with Galloway.

Yea I like moving down and still getting Calais Campbell. But then the Mario Mannigham pick ruins it. Reggie Smith would have been a better pick there at 28. The trade in the end pretty much rips the Vikings off anyways. It would be a better trade if it was 22 & 28 for #17 and Vikings 2nd round pick. In the end though it would be better to stay at #17 and just take Phillip Merling.

proshoota25
02-17-2008, 01:18 AM
love the desean jackson pick on the pats!!

BaLLiN
02-17-2008, 07:59 AM
I think the giants pick would be great.... in the second or third rounds.

Bills2083
02-18-2008, 08:55 AM
OK Bills pick.
Malcolm Kelly, and Mike Jenkins would be good options there too.