PDA

View Full Version : 2 Round Mock with a few trades

Crazy_Chris
02-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Just did this for fun wanted to experiment with some trades I think may possibly happen.

Round 1

1.Miami Dolphins- Chris Long DE Virginia
2.St.Louis Rams- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
3.Oakland Raiders- Sedrick Ellis DT USC
4.Kansas City Chiefs- Jake Long OT Michigan
5.Atlanta Falcons- Matt Ryan QB Boston College
6.New York Jets- Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
7.New England Patriots- Leodis McKelvin CB Troy
**Carolina Panthers Trade #13, 3 round, and 5th round picks for #8**
8.Carolina Panthers(From Baltimore)-Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State
9.Cincinatti Bengals- Kenny Phillips S Miami(FL)
10.New Orleans Saints- Mike Jenkins CB USF
11.Buffalo Bills- Kieth Rivers OLB USC
12.Denver Broncos- Ryan Clady OT Boise State
13.Baltimore Ravens(From Carolina)- Brian Brohm QB Lousiville
14.Chicago Bears- Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt
15.Detroit Lions- Derrick Harvey DE Florida
16.Arizona Cardinals- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
17.Minnesota Vikings- Phillip Merling DE Clemson
**Washington Redskins trade #21, and 3rd round pick for #18 and a 5th round pick**
18.Washington Redskins(From Houston)-Calais Campbell DE Miami(FL)
19.Philladelphia Eagles- Reggie Smith DB Oklahoma
20.Tampa Bay Bucaneers- Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma
21.Houston Texans(From Washington)- Dan Connor OLB Penn State
22.Dallas Cowboys(From Cleveland)-Desean Jackson WR Calafornia
23.Pittsburgh Steelers-Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
24.Tennessee Titans- Limas Sweed WR Texas
25.Seattle Seahawks- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
**New York Giants trade #32 and 3rd round pick for #26**
26.New York Giants(From Jacksonville)- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee State
**Green Bay Packers trade #30, 4th, and 5th round pick for #27**
27.Green Bay Packers(From San Diego)- Aquib Talib CB Kansas
28.Dallas Cowboys- Felix Jones RB Arkansas
29.San Francisco 49er's(From Indianapolis)- Kentwan Balmer DE/DT North Carolina
30.San Diego Chargers(From Green Bay)-Gosder Cherilus OT Boston College
31.New England Patriots- Pick Forfeited
32.Jacksonville Jaguars(From New York)- Lawrence Jackson DE USC

Round 2

33.Miami Dolphins- Carl Nicks OT Nebraska
34.St.Louis Rams- Ali Highsmith OLB LSU
35.Kansas City Chiefs- Branden Albert OG Virginia
36.Atlanta Falcons- Fred Davis TE USC
37.New York Jets- Quentin Gorves DE/OLB Auburn
38.Oakland Raiders- Sam Baker OT USC
39.Baltimore Ravens- Tracy Porter CB Indiana
40.San Francisco 49er's- Mario Mannigham WR Michigan
41.New Orleans Saints- Curtis Lofton MLB Oklahoma
42.Buffalo Bills- James Hardy WR Indiana
43.Denver Broncos- Pat Sims DT Auburn
44.Carolina Panthers- DaJuan Morgan S North Carolina State
45.Chicago Bears- Andre Woodson QB Kentucky
46.Detroit Lions- Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech
47.Cincinatti Bengals- Erin Henderson OLB Maryland
48.Minnesota Vikings- John Carlson TE Notre Dame
49.Atlanta Falcons(From Houston)- Anthony Collins OT Kansas
50.Phillidelphia Eagles- Devin Thomas WR Michigan State
51.Arizona Cardinals- Justin King CB Penn State
52.Washington Redskins- Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State
53.Tampa Bay Bucaneers- Antione Cason CB Arizona
54.Pittsburgh Steelers- Chillo Rachal OG USC
55.Tennessee Titans- Martellus Bennet TE Texas A&M
56.Seattle Seahawks- Martin Rucker TE Missouri
57.Cleveland Browns- Red Bryant DT Texas A&M
58.Miami Dolphins(From San Diego)- Marcus Harrison DT Arkansas
59.Jacksonville Jaguars- Early Doucet WR LSU
60.Indianapolis Colts- Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech
61.Green Bay Packers- Shawn Crable OLB Michigan
62.Dallas Cowboys- Patrick Lee CB Auburn
63.New England Patriots- Chris Johnson RB East Carolina
64.New York Giants- Tavares Gooden OLB Miami(FL)

Here is why I think the trades make some sense for each team involved.

Trade #1 Panthers Trade 1(13) 3(75) & 5(137) round picks to Baltimore for 1(8)
Baltimore Ravens: I think the new coaching staff is going to want to get its franchise QB. But the value was a bit of a reach at #8 looking to trade down made sense. Also the Ravens gave away their 2008 3rd round pick in the deal that landed Willis McGahee. So getting some more picks picks to make up for that also makes sense.

Carolina Panthers: A few days ago I wouldn't have even thought of them moving up. But they recently Re-signed Travelle Wharton, and they plan to franchise tag Jordan Gross. Which take away the glaring need of OT, and gives them some breathing room to move up in the draft. The Panthers sacked the QB only 23 times last year which was ranked 31st in the NFL. Bringing in a edge rusher to play accross from Julius Peppers would help that out Tremendously.

Trade #2 Redskins trade 1(21) & 3(85) to Houston for 1(18) & 5(147)
Houston Texans: They don't have a second round pick due to the Matt Schaub trade. So they move down pick up an extra 3rd and still get the guy they wanted.

Washington Redskins: They need a DE and after the top 6 there is a pretty big drop off. I doubt Lawrence Jackson is going to make it to their second round pick. So they move above Philladelphia and Tampa Bay(both possibly could take a DE) to get Calais Campbell.

Trade #3 New York Giants Trade 1(32) & 3(96) to Jacksonville for 1(26)
Jacksonville Jaguars: DE is there biggest need and like I said with the Redskins there is a drop off after the top 6 DE's. Lawrence Jackson is a bit of a reach at #26 in my opinion, so they move down to #32 where he is better value.

New York Giants: There was a good chance that if they stayed put at #32 that both Dallas and Green Bay would take a CB. They decide not to take the risk that either D.R.C. or Aquib Talib wouldn't make it to thier pick. so they move up above both Dallas and Green Bay to get one of the two CB prospects.

Trade #4 Green Bay trades 1(30) 4(126) & 5(157) to San Diego for 1(27)
San Diego Chargers: They don't have many picks due to trades made last year. So they move down three spots and pick up a couple extra picks.

Green Bay Packers: They are sitting pretty when they see that both D.R.C. and Aquib Talib are falling. which will give them a great chance of landing one on them at #30. However after the Giants trade up to grab D.R.C. the packers realize they are going to need to move up above the Cowboys to get Aquib Talib.

thebow305
02-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Very Nice Miami draft, i would be happy with that.

BeerBaron
02-16-2008, 07:08 PM
haha, that trade ahead of the bears worked perfectly for them. no temptation of brohm and we still got a helluva tackle. nice

GB12
02-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Talib isn't worth trading up for.

Giants Pride
02-16-2008, 07:21 PM
I like that trade for the Giants and think it is pretty realistic. I don't love Gooden, but LB or FS is definitely the way to go with that pick. I would personally prefer Phillip Wheeler there.

T-RICH49
02-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Perfect Chiefs draft I would cry tears of joy should that happen

NGSeiler
02-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Ugly Rams draft. Dorsey may be a match for value in the first but he's far from it for need, and Highsmith in the second round over guys like Albert, Baker, or Collins to help the offensive line is very suspect.

Yung Flippa
02-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Good Houston pick, Good 2nd for the Ravens. NO WAY the Ravens trade the pick away, with Vernon Ghloston right there, if they were to do that, they would no doubt ask for more.

BaLLiN
02-16-2008, 09:16 PM
I really love this draft. But i do agree with giants pride, I like Wheeler better in the 2nd. Still the first round pick really makes me feel like our secondary wont kill us this year.

And this trade is very realistic bc in the paper it said that Reese tried trading up last year, but felt it was giving up too much, but this year since the giants don't need depth and have few needs, trading up seems more realistic and Reese can give up some trade value

scottyboy
02-16-2008, 09:19 PM
LOVE the trade for the Giants in the 1st. actually posted some similar idea in the Giants draft thread hah.

I'm very fine with Gooden, pretty big fan of him. Giants could go several options there with him, Wheeler or Morgan/Decoud the safeties(I prefer Decoud). but other than personal preferences, I don't see how a Giants fans couldn't like the draft. Well done.

Vikes99ej
02-16-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't like Merling for our defense that much, but I do like John Carlson.

vidae
02-16-2008, 11:17 PM
If this actually happened, KC nation would be insanely happy. This is exactly what I want to happen on draft day. Jake Long is a perfect first round choice and IF Branden Albert falls to that spot, we could plug both of them in and our line would be upgraded tremendously.

hugegmenfan
02-17-2008, 12:11 AM
like the giants draft a lot

defensiveback23
02-17-2008, 12:59 AM
Wow that was a great trade for the Chargers. We get two extra picks and the same player 3 spots later. Awesome job.

Crazy_Chris
02-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Ugly Rams draft. Dorsey may be a match for value in the first but he's far from it for need, and Highsmith in the second round over guys like Albert, Baker, or Collins to help the offensive line is very suspect.

Well I had them pass on those OL guys because I had planned on doing 3 rounds and was going to give the rams Tony Hills with their 3rd round pick. But I decided just to stick with 2 rounds in the end.

Good Houston pick, Good 2nd for the Ravens. NO WAY the Ravens trade the pick away, with Vernon Ghloston right there, if they were to do that, they would no doubt ask for more.

They may ask for more but the value is pretty fair. They might be able to get a 4th out of it rather than the 5th but not much more.

DiG
02-17-2008, 06:42 PM
are you crazy?! that is ridiculous to think the skins will trade up to nab campbell. we have too many needs this year to be trading multiple picks to move up. especially with a new coach looking to build for the future. terrible terrible skins mock. bowman in rd 2 is almost as bad as trading up in rd 1.

Crazy_Chris
02-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Why is it ridiculous to trade for Campbell? there is no DE I could see them taking in round 2 since I don't see Lawrence Jackson falling that far. If they were to stay put at 21 I would have had Campbell off the board to either the Eagles or the Bucaneers.

DiG
02-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Why is it ridiculous to trade for Campbell? there is no DE I could see them taking in round 2 since I don't see Lawrence Jackson falling that far. If they were to stay put at 21 I would have had Campbell off the board to either the Eagles or the Bucaneers.

if lawrence jackson is off the board in rd 2 theres chris ellis, jason jones, and jeremy thompson. heck they could even move down if they wanted in rd 2 and get one of those guys early rd 3 even. but with all of our needs this offseason it is ridiculous to trade up in this situation and lose two additional picks. we need to fill depth at cb, oline, olber, and nab a possession receiver (could be through trade).

gsorace
02-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Jets fans don't want McFadden.

Crazy_Chris
02-17-2008, 08:04 PM
if lawrence jackson is off the board in rd 2 theres chris ellis, jason jones, and jeremy thompson. heck they could even move down if they wanted in rd 2 and get one of those guys early rd 3 even. but with all of our needs this offseason it is ridiculous to trade up in this situation and lose two additional picks. we need to fill depth at cb, oline, olber, and nab a possession receiver (could be through trade).

Chris Ellis is the only 1 of those three I would consider in the second round I wouldn't consider Jones until middle of third. I don't know where you see that your losing 2 additional picks. The Redskins are actually losing 0 picks, they have the same ammount as before the trade they just have an extra 5th instead of the third. Anyways if they didn't trade who would you take at #21? considering campbell would be off the board.

megansett56BC
02-17-2008, 09:27 PM
i have a hard time believing the pats would pass on gholston if he got by the jets...

DiG
02-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Chris Ellis is the only 1 of those three I would consider in the second round I wouldn't consider Jones until middle of third. I don't know where you see that your losing 2 additional picks. The Redskins are actually losing 0 picks, they have the same ammount as before the trade they just have an extra 5th instead of the third. Anyways if they didn't trade who would you take at #21? considering campbell would be off the board.

drc. cb is a very big need. and dont sleep on robertson.

Caddy
02-18-2008, 04:18 AM
I would much rather Desean in the first but I wouldn't be too disappointed with Kelly. Cason in the 2nd is nice.

Bills2083
02-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Perfect Day 1 for Buffalo :)