PDA

View Full Version : 7 Rounder including rumored Mia/Dal trade

Joeyjr09
02-16-2008, 07:37 PM
http://mymockdraft.com/8867/Review.aspx

This took a few days to make and some cuts came in the middle of this so sorry if it isn't 100 percent accurate.

T-RICH49
02-16-2008, 07:41 PM
I like KC's draft.I can see us taking 2 CB's though if both Surtain and Law get cut

BeerBaron
02-16-2008, 07:44 PM
interesting.....long.....

few issues with the bears draft:

given the situation in the first round, chris williams would be the bears pick at OT or they could go stewart/mendenhall. either would be preferable. Also, dont forget hester is on offense now and HE is their big play threat already. he was being worked in more and more towards the end of the year and will likely be worked in much much more next year.

in round 2, with both flacco and woodson gone, i would prefer to see OT or RB addressed since neither got it in round 1. i just dont like henne, reminds of a less jumpy rex basically. id rather just hang on and go him in the 3rd if hes there or josh johnson.

jamal charles works in the third, but his buddy from texas hills doesnt do it for me. the guys a stick figure of an OT at 6'6 305. needs some mass which can be added but im not sure you realize just how bad fred miller was last year. they need an OT who can play right away there so there wouldnt be time for development/bulking up for him

in 4...hall...hall....hmm. lber depth behind urlacher and hillenmeyer is lacking, ill admit, but ehhh.....alright

5=dt good
6=G good
7=fb eh....alright, since its 7 i dont care....

GB12
02-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Wow that'd be a dumb trade for Dallas.

The first two picks for Green Bay were good, but I didn't like what you gave us after that.

Crazy_Chris
02-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Pretty good mock for the Vikings but they need to grab a DE in round 1 Calais Campbell or Phillip Merling. And I prefer John David Booty over Erik Ainge in round 4.

Joeyjr09
02-16-2008, 07:58 PM
interesting.....long.....

few issues with the bears draft:

given the situation in the first round, chris williams would be the bears pick at OT or they could go stewart/mendenhall. either would be preferable. Also, dont forget hester is on offense now and HE is their big play threat already. he was being worked in more and more towards the end of the year and will likely be worked in much much more next year.

in round 2, with both flacco and woodson gone, i would prefer to see OT or RB addressed since neither got it in round 1. i just dont like henne, reminds of a less jumpy rex basically. id rather just hang on and go him in the 3rd if hes there or josh johnson.

jamal charles works in the third, but his buddy from texas hills doesnt do it for me. the guys a stick figure of an OT at 6'6 305. needs some mass which can be added but im not sure you realize just how bad fred miller was last year. they need an OT who can play right away there so there wouldnt be time for development/bulking up for him

in 4...hall...hall....hmm. lber depth behind urlacher and hillenmeyer is lacking, ill admit, but ehhh.....alright

5=dt good
6=G good
7=fb eh....alright, since its 7 i dont care....

You call Hills a stick figure because he's 6'6 305. Yet your LT John Tait is listed at 6'6 312. Fred Miller who has been your RT for a bunch of years is 6'7 314. You don't think Hills can put on 7 pounds in a few months of training before the season? Plus Hills is one of the more athletic OTs in the draft. Not sure where your coming from on him. You keep stating on the need for OTs wanting Chris Williams in the 1st but Chris Williams is a huge monster at OT and the Bears tend to go with slimmer more athletic OTs instead of maulers like Williams. Just not sure on your line of thinking there because Hills fits your team's style and philsophy much better then Williams.

Also, I know you worked Hester in on offense but I watched Hester play at Miami for years. I love him but he's got some things that are gonna keep him from being a complete package on offense the way DeSean Jackson can be. Hester's hands just aren't there and he has trouble with his routes. He can take short passes a long way but he's not gonna go over the middle or down the field the way DeSean Jackson can.

Thanks for the input tho.

Joeyjr09
02-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Wow that'd be a dumb trade for Dallas.

Just used the rumored deal to change up the top of the draft. Shake things up some. Miami isn't taking DMC 1st so people have a general idea on the 1st 5 picks. But if Dallas moves up and takes DMC 1st, it shakes up the top 5 a little and makes it interesting. Just wanted to moves things around some.

Billingsley26
02-16-2008, 08:02 PM
pretty happy with the patriots draft. dont really like the slaton pick though. even if he is picked up i highly doubt it would be that early.

the bills mock was pretty good aswell.

the one that stood out the most was the dlphins one. man, i dont think one team could have a better draft than that.

Joeyjr09
02-16-2008, 08:07 PM
pretty happy with the patriots draft. dont really like the slaton pick though. even if he is picked up i highly doubt it would be that early.

the bills mock was pretty good aswell.

the one that stood out the most was the dlphins one. man, i dont think one team could have a better draft than that.

We'll I'm a Dolphins fans so naturally I have a better feel for their needs then that of the others. And having alot of picks helps a bunch.

Quick question tho, did you think they got any unreasonable picks. A know a few guys like Bennett or Hardy could go higher but they also got some guys like Nicks and Rodgers-Cromartie that could go a little lower.

The only one I thought was kinda out of place was Erin Henderson but I had alot of LBs fall in general as you can see throughout the draft.

I'm kinda curious on this, I try to be as objective as possible but it's not always the easiest thing to do.

BeerBaron
02-16-2008, 08:09 PM
You call Hills a stick figure because he's 6'6 305. Yet your LT John Tait is listed at 6'6 312. Fred Miller who has been your RT for a bunch of years is 6'7 314. You don't think Hills can put on 7 pounds in a few months of training before the season? Plus Hills is one of the more athletic OTs in the draft. Not sure where your coming from on him. You keep stating on the need for OTs wanting Chris Williams in the 1st but Chris Williams is a huge monster at OT and the Bears tend to go with slimmer more athletic OTs instead of maulers like Williams. Just not sure on your line of thinking there because Hills fits your team's style and philsophy much better then Williams.

Also, I know you worked Hester in on offense but I watched Hester play at Miami for years. I love him but he's got some things that are gonna keep him from being a complete package on offense the way DeSean Jackson can be. Hester's hands just aren't there and he has trouble with his routes. He can take short passes a long way but he's not gonna go over the middle or down the field the way DeSean Jackson can.

Thanks for the input tho.

i think that tait and miller were probably playing a bit heavier than listed.

now obviously this can't measure things like muscle vs fat, but i have sort of a mental formula i use when thinking about OTs. if i set 6'5 and 310 as height and weight, each inch after that i would like to see 5 pound added. so ideally, a 6'6 player would be at least 315 in my eyes. but my second point with hills you didnt touch. the bears really badly need a replacement for miller right now. theres no one already on the roster worth mentioning and the FA market is a bit dry in the decent OT area. thats gotta be addressed with the first 2 picks.

also, williams has major potential at LT which tait might suffice at for another year or so, but he could definitely start at RT or even guard right away. his potential on the left side is the best thing he has going for him and i think by draft time, hes going to eclipse otah as the pick i want most for the bears

and then about jackson...you know, i just can't justify not going OT or RB with that pick given whos available. hes going to take some development to become the complete deal and the bears dont have that kind of time. his biggest contribution would be as a KR right away and um...we have that covered. you could argue put them both back there so one of them gets the chance to return it, but i dont think that adds enough to his value to overtake mendenhall or stewart as the pick if not williams

Billingsley26
02-16-2008, 08:14 PM
We'll I'm a Dolphins fans so naturally I have a better feel for their needs then that of the others. And having alot of picks helps a bunch.

Quick question tho, did you think they got any unreasonable picks. A know a few guys like Bennett or Hardy could go higher but they also got some guys like Nicks and Rodgers-Cromartie that could go a little lower.

The only one I thought was kinda out of place was Erin Henderson but I had alot of LBs fall in general as you can see throughout the draft.

I'm kinda curious on this, I try to be as objective as possible but it's not always the easiest thing to do.

Well, I think that James Hardy will go a lot higher. With a great combine, which I am expecting, I think he could be a first rounder. Other than that, it was pretty good. I think DRC is going wow some more people at the combine, and I wouldnt be surprised if a team needs to reach for him. I could definately see LB's drop a lot. As they seem to do every year. Henderson could easily fall, and thats no knock against him. Great job all around.

Joeyjr09
02-16-2008, 08:16 PM
i think that tait and miller were probably playing a bit heavier than listed.

now obviously this can't measure things like muscle vs fat, but i have sort of a mental formula i use when thinking about OTs. if i set 6'5 and 310 as height and weight, each inch after that i would like to see 5 pound added. so ideally, a 6'6 player would be at least 315 in my eyes. but my second point with hills you didnt touch. the bears really badly need a replacement for miller right now. theres no one already on the roster worth mentioning and the FA market is a bit dry in the decent OT area. thats gotta be addressed with the first 2 picks.

also, williams has major potential at LT which tait might suffice at for another year or so, but he could definitely start at RT or even guard right away. his potential on the left side is the best thing he has going for him and i think by draft time, hes going to eclipse otah as the pick i want most for the bears

and then about jackson...you know, i just can't justify not going OT or RB with that pick given whos available. hes going to take some development to become the complete deal and the bears dont have that kind of time. his biggest contribution would be as a KR right away and um...we have that covered. you could argue put them both back there so one of them gets the chance to return it, but i dont think that adds enough to his value to overtake mendenhall or stewart as the pick if not williams

I know what your saying on Miller. He was awful, I just don't see him being replaced in the draft. I see them signing a stop gab type player for a couple years and taking a 2/3 rounder this year and next year to develop at those spots. The Bears generally don't like to throw OL into the fire as rookies.

And I know what your saying about Mendenhall as well, also just not sure they are willing to go 1st round RBs 2 of the last 5 years. Thats alot of money to be spending on that spot and I'm not sure they are 100 percent done with Benson yet, again I can see a 2nd/3rd round guy coming in behind Benson to push him and take the job next year if he tanks one final time in Chicago.

Thanks for the input tho, those are just my thoughts but I'll definately tweak my next one to take your input into consideration. You definately have a better feel for the Bears then I do.

Joeyjr09
02-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Well, I think that James Hardy will go a lot higher. With a great combine, which I am expecting, I think he could be a first rounder. Other than that, it was pretty good. I think DRC is going wow some more people at the combine, and I wouldnt be surprised if a team needs to reach for him. I could definately see LB's drop a lot. As they seem to do every year. Henderson could easily fall, and thats no knock against him. Great job all around.

I'm not sure Hardy will go that high to make it to the 1st. He is definately in a league of his own because of height but there are alot of good WRs in the draft after the top 2 of Kelly and Jackson. Sweed, Hardy, Thomas, Manningham, Doucet, Hawkins and Caldwell could all go anywhere in the 2nd and I actually wouldn't be surprised to see someone from that group slide to the 3rd.

BeerBaron
02-16-2008, 08:22 PM
I know what your saying on Miller. He was awful, I just don't see him being replaced in the draft. I see them signing a stop gab type player for a couple years and taking a 2/3 rounder this year and next year to develop at those spots. The Bears generally don't like to throw OL into the fire as rookies.

And I know what your saying about Mendenhall as well, also just not sure they are willing to go 1st round RBs 2 of the last 5 years. Thats alot of money to be spending on that spot and I'm not sure they are 100 percent done with Benson yet, again I can see a 2nd/3rd round guy coming in behind Benson to push him and take the job next year if he tanks one final time in Chicago.

Thanks for the input tho, those are just my thoughts but I'll definately tweak my next one to take your input into consideration. You definately have a better feel for the Bears then I do.

actually, theres a big debate raging over on the bears forum about the oline. im on the side that we should try and avoid more stop gap veterans since the ones we have now (miller, reuben brown) arent so good anymore and just cost way too much now. the general consensus line of thinking seems to be OT in draft, OG in FA and get the both in there asap for now though. your right though in that they havent been a team that drafts olineman high lately. GM angelo shys away from that for whatever reason...

as for the RB, i was of the mindset a few months ago that benson should get another year with a revamped oline. but the consensus over there has become now get someone in there to compete with him and push him at the very least. i have a feeling that unless a reincarnation of walter payton jumps out from the woodwork, benson is going to get every chance in the world to start next year regardless of what we do in the draft/FA with RB

and np with the feedback. i know it helps....whether its good or getting reemed out, you at least get a good idea of who wants what

Billingsley26
02-16-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm not sure Hardy will go that high to make it to the 1st. He is definately in a league of his own because of height but there are alot of good WRs in the draft after the top 2 of Kelly and Jackson. Sweed, Hardy, Thomas, Manningham, Doucet, Hawkins and Caldwell could all go anywhere in the 2nd and I actually wouldn't be surprised to see someone from that group slide to the 3rd.

I dont think so. I think that both Hardy and Manningham will boost in stock. I think Hardy will go in the first if he runs well, because he definately has the size. Manningham could be a first rounder as well. I woudnt be surprised if he is taken that early. Many teams could be in need of a WR this year, and especially if they boom, then yea, I could see it happening.

scottyboy
02-16-2008, 08:37 PM
don't like the Giants 1st rounder. The pick is fine, I'm just not a fan of the player. Loved picks 2 and 3. Round 4 was GOD AWFUL. Shockey isn't likely leaving. TE is the LEAST of our worries. We've got Shockey(NOT LEAVING EVERYBODY), Boss, Matthews, and Darcy Johnson. We're fine there. LOVE ROUND 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 was very nice as well. 7th rounder blows, he went to WVA

neko4
02-16-2008, 08:44 PM
okay packers draft

Joeyjr09
02-16-2008, 08:45 PM
I dont think so. I think that both Hardy and Manningham will boost in stock. I think Hardy will go in the first if he runs well, because he definately has the size. Manningham could be a first rounder as well. I woudnt be surprised if he is taken that early. Many teams could be in need of a WR this year, and especially if they boom, then yea, I could see it happening.

I'm with you on that. Manningham, Hardy and Sweed are my 3 favorite WRs in the draft. Urrutia is a guy I think could be a steal lower but he hasn't shown much so far.

I'm just saying there is some much talent ranging from the low 1st to the mid 3rd in WRs that it wouldn't surprise me to see any of the guys going in the general areas that I have them at.

BaLLiN
02-16-2008, 09:10 PM
don't like the Giants 1st rounder. The pick is fine, I'm just not a fan of the player. Loved picks 2 and 3. Round 4 was GOD AWFUL. Shockey isn't likely leaving. TE is the LEAST of our worries. We've got Shockey(NOT LEAVING EVERYBODY), Boss, Matthews, and Darcy Johnson. We're fine there. LOVE ROUND 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 was very nice as well. 7th rounder blows, he went to WVA

I dont particularly like Talib either, he gets burnt alot, even though he's supposed to have great speed. So regardless of his forty time, i dont like him all too much. He's thin armed not very aggressive, which in press coverage will be a problem while bumping NFL WRs. But i do like his jump on the ball.

Gooden is a good pick, Don't really know much about Johnson, We definately have enough depth there at TE even without Shockey (which he likely won't be traded unless we get a mid 1st and another pick), 5 and 6 are good with good explanations, 7 i think is alright (he is a burner IMO which we need), but i think that that pick can be used in other ways

Yung Flippa
02-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Good First's for both Houston and Baltimore. Give the Ravens Tracy Porter or Quentin Groves in round 2. Good 3rd for Houston. Good 4th for Baltimore, give Houston Donnie Avery, but Steve Justice is solid. Good 5th for Baltimore and Houston. Okay 6th for Baltimore, Give Houston Zack Bowman or Glenn Sharpe.
Give Baltimore Cody Wallace. Okay Houston 7th.

iloxygenil
02-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't be happy with that Falcons draft at all...a few GREAT picks in the mid rounds...but man...those being our top 2 picks would SUCK. Instead...

Round 1: Sedric Ellis
Round 2a: Joe Flacco

I mean that's WORLDs better than Ryan and Cousins...I know it leaves us needing OL help but those 2 guys are much better values.

Also draft order isn't right...if we picked 5 in round 1 we'd pick 4 in round 2 3 in round 3...

Joeyjr09
02-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Good First's for both Houston and Baltimore. Give the Ravens Tracy Porter or Quentin Groves in round 2. Good 3rd for Houston. Good 4th for Baltimore, give Houston Donnie Avery, but Steve Justice is solid. Good 5th for Baltimore and Houston. Okay 6th for Baltimore, Give Houston Zack Bowman or Glenn Sharpe.
Give Baltimore Cody Wallace. Okay Houston 7th.

Thanks for the feedback.

Bobo
02-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Very nice for the Titans.

1. Fred Davis - Maybe a borderline first rounder, but I like him most of the TE's from what I've actually seen of them.

2. Andre Caldwell - Very good athlete and another need filled.

3. Jeremy Thompson - Can't say I've seen him, but we will probably need DE depth. I like Wallace Gillberry around this point.

4. Ben Moffitt - If he can play outside, he may have a spot in the future. But they have two MLB's they'll probably stick with.

5. Lionel Dotson - From what I saw of him, he's a good interior penetrator. And quickness and speed are the main thing our DT's need.

6. Jordy Nelson - People are going to freak that he's still here :p Great pick if it could actually happen though.

7. Doug Legursky - Nevery seen him, but we need interior depth.

Good job, especially for 7 rounds.

Joeyjr09
02-16-2008, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't be happy with that Falcons draft at all...a few GREAT picks in the mid rounds...but man...those being our top 2 picks would SUCK. Instead...

Round 1: Sedric Ellis
Round 2a: Joe Flacco

I mean that's WORLDs better than Ryan and Cousins...I know it leaves us needing OL help but those 2 guys are much better values.

Also draft order isn't right...if we picked 5 in round 1 we'd pick 4 in round 2 3 in round 3...

At the time this was made, Rod Coleman hadn't been released so DT wasn't the glaring need it is now. What makes Atlanta fans hate Matt Ryan so much? Other then Miami, you have the worst QB play in the entire league and most Atl fans act like Ryan is a plague or something. I was dying for Miami to draft BQ last season when they had Trent Green and Daunte Culpepper who are both better then Joey Harrington. I just don't see why Atl fans are so against the Matt Ryan pick. Do y'all just not like him personally?

skiinginNJ
02-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Giants:

1. Talib- depending on how he tests he would be a good pick. right now he is more of a zone guy, so thats not a great giants fit. porter would be a better pick

2. Gooden- ok pick, rather have henderson there

3. Johnson- area of need, but i dont know if johnson is the right fit. he has some struggles in coverage, which is already an issue with our safeties

4. Stevens- im sorry, but the giants arent trading shockey. everyone on the team, FO, and ownership loves the guy. the only people pushing this are bored media types trying to play GM

5. Sosa- fine

6. Wilhite- havent seen him, but he is probably fine.

7. Reynaud- excellent pick

overall, a pretty decent draft

Caddy
02-16-2008, 10:06 PM
1. Calais Campbell. Solid pick, although I would personally prefer Merling.

2. Pat Sims. Good value and good positional pick. No huge complaints here.

3. Earl Bennett. A good receiver, although not the greatest fit for Tampa. Maybe Avery?

4. Jack Ikegwuono. A risk I don't think the Buccaneers can afford to take this year.

5. Owen Schmitt. The Buccaneers don't really need a FB but in the 5th round it isn't going to be too costly.

6. Jordan Grimes. The Buccaneers do not need a guard anywhere in the draft. C or OT would be better O-Line depth.

7. David Roach. Won't make the team. Try Lichtensteiger.

Chucky
02-16-2008, 10:22 PM
1. Calais Campbell- Really like the pick, one of the two players I would ideally want at 20

2. Pat Sims- Great pick, fills a need,could be a great NT

3. Earl Bennet- Not a great fit, would much prefer Patrick Lee at that point

4.Jack Ikegwuono- Too big of a risk at this point. Would prefer Donnie Avery(assuming lee in the third)

5. Owen Schmitt- With Alstott gone we need a white FB. Would much prefer Josh Johnson

6. Jordan Grimes- Jordyz Nelsonz is on the board, I know Gruden isnt a great drafter but still.

7. Dont no much about Roach

skinzzfan25
02-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Alright Redskin mock.

Sweed is alright given the situation. I still think we can address a good big bodied WR through FA. I'd like to look at DRC if we do.

I don't really like the Josh Johnson pick either. Collins has said that he is willing to come back:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/02/todd_collins_ethan_albright_an.html?nav=rss_blog

Even if he doesn't I'd think Zorn would like to bring in his boy Seneca Wallace who is a UFA. Or, I could see a trade with St. Louis: Collins for Frerotte. That way Collins follows Saunders, and Gus comes back to DC and reunites with Zorn who he worked with in Detroit.

And Brunell is gone lol.

ThePudge
02-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Very unlikely that the Bengals will wait until the 6th to address any offensive position. Rumor has it they're thinking OL this offseason and a Tight End or Wide Receiver in the first three rounds is not unthinkable. Jake Long is a sleeper at 9th Overall, seeing as Willie Anderson suffered from injuries all of last season and is getting up there in age, though the Bengals are strange with how they draft OL...this leads me to believe at #9 you could hear Jeff Otah's name called.

FS is not really necessary in the first either with Marvin White emerginig, I think that pick will be used on an Offensive or Defensive Lineman since there is no LB worth that spot.

Rivers may be a Top 20 guy, but I don't see any quality which would justify him drafted in the Top 10. As for the two LB's in the first four rounds... no. Last season the position was decimated by injuries. This year you're looking at the return of Ahmad Brooks and probably Odell Thurman in the middle (along with anthony Schlegel). Dhani Jones will likely be back, David Pollack MAY return though I doubt it, Rashad Jeanty is solid on the strong side, Landon Johnson is an unrestricted FA. Basically my point is, if we go LB it would be a guy like Highsmith, good job there, or Tavares Gooden/Xavier Adibi but Goff is pointless as he plays MLB and is not exactly a speed demon hah... Though it should be noted that new LB coach Jeff Fitzgerald has come out and said he values big LB's.... maybe a switch to the 3-4 is coming.

thebow305
02-17-2008, 12:50 AM
That's a pretty nice Phins mock, just a couple things though:

I can't understand for the life of me why you are so high on Brohm and why you insist on giving him to us, I do not like this guy and Ireland is still very high on Beck, so I SERIOUSLY doubt we waste a first round pick on another young QB. Gives us Merling, Albert, Fred Davis or Cherilus there intead.

I also doubt we spend 4 of our first 6 picks on the offensive side of the ball. I do not hate the picks you have there because Hardy, Nicks, and Bennett would be a nice upgrade to the O. I just have a feeling we are going to go defense early and often. I could be wrong though. Oh, and you forgot to give us any NT's, That is huge... We need one BAD!

That being said, I PRAY TO GOD that we get this deal done. Especially if players like DRC and Merling are still available in those slots b/w 22-28.

defensiveback23
02-17-2008, 12:50 AM
Not bad overall for the Chargers. I would rather see Cromartie in the first instead of Williams because I feel DB is a much larger need than RT. Williams also doesn't play with the tenacious mauler attitude we need. We don't have a 4th because we it was used on Paul Oliver. I like the Hart pick but I think Xavier Omon would be an ideal replacement for Turner.

Cashmoney
02-17-2008, 01:01 AM
About the titans draft.....wow.
TE is a need but we need a BIG one for in the redzone.
WR is definitely a need but Caldwell in the second is a reach IMO, and there are about 12 better receivers also IMO.
If both Odom and Laboy leave then we will draft a DE higher than that, or get one in FA. we have over 40 mil in cap so we should at least resign one if not both.
DT is a bigger need then 5th round right now.
We dont have our 6th rounder, that goes to seattle for bryce fisher.
OG is a bigger need than C.
We could really use a CB to improve our depth.

proshoota25
02-17-2008, 01:07 AM
decent pats picks..... mckelvin i love , slaton is decent, and finley from texas are all players that i could see playing for the pats

YoJoeBucsFan
02-17-2008, 08:12 AM
You did a hell of a job on that draft, however the Bucs dont have a 6th round pick. That is going to the Chiefs.

Joeyjr09
02-17-2008, 09:33 AM
I see some people saying that their 6th or 5th round picks where traded. I went by what was on the site. The entire draft order has not been released and it's way too time consuming to go on the site and fix it so just bare with it until we get a real draft order.

Thanks guys.

757Dawg
02-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Bodden and Wright both played well at for solid chucks of last season but Holly as a nickel just isn't an ideal situation. A guy like Lee will push for the nickel spot.

Pretty obvious you aren't particularly familiar with the Browns. You didn't even mention Brandon McDonald, who thrived as a rookie last year.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Solid Raven draft, LOVE the 1st rounder and the dont mind the 2nd rounder although I wouldnt mind seeing us take Tracy Porter over Flacco

Patriots16-0
02-17-2008, 11:04 AM
1. Leodis McKelvin - B+, but I would prefer DRC
2. Shawn Crable - B-
3a. Steve Slaton - A+, the BPA.
3b. Beau Bell - F. We don't need another LB.
4. Jermichael Finley - A-
5. Chris Horton - C+
6. Marcus Walker - A-
7. Kory Liechteinsteiger - A++. I think he is a 3rd round pick and I would love if it happens.

Overall: B+

Oh, and how do you change the order in MyMockDraft?

Joeyjr09
02-17-2008, 11:28 AM
1. Leodis McKelvin - B+, but I would prefer DRC
2. Shawn Crable - B-
3a. Steve Slaton - A+, the BPA.
3b. Beau Bell - F. We don't need another LB.
4. Jermichael Finley - A-
5. Chris Horton - C+
6. Marcus Walker - A-
7. Kory Liechteinsteiger - A++. I think he is a 3rd round pick and I would love if it happens.

Overall: B+

Oh, and how do you change the order in MyMockDraft?

After you done with the draft, go to edit comments and it allows you to change the teams.

SmarterThanU
02-17-2008, 11:29 AM
If Branden Albert is there for the Steelers in round TWO and they didn't take him I would be pissed. I would be happy with Branden Albert in the first let alone letting him slip by twice!

Personally I don't think the Steelers got one good draft value for any of their picks. I would give this a D. Only because you did address their needs. Just late with bad players.

bearfan
02-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Worst Bears 1st round pick in the history of Man Kind. Give us Stewart, or Mendenhall

Patriots16-0
02-17-2008, 11:40 AM
After you done with the draft, go to edit comments and it allows you to change the teams.

Thank you, I'll try it.

Joeyjr09
02-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Thank you, I'll try it.

No Problem.

etk
02-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Evaluating pick-by-pick.

1. Campbell: A+
2. Sims: A. I like Sims and I wouldn`t complain with this pick if it happened, but I`d prefer Brandon Flowers or Andre Caldwell just personally. Going DLine only first day sounds good to me though.
3. Bennett: A. WR is probably the way to go but I think Patrick Lee is better value. Bennett`s a good fit nonetheless.
4. Ike: A-. This pick could pay off in the long run but I wouldn`t be a huge fan of taking an injured CB unless we signed another CB in FA. We don`t really have a NB at the moment. I`d prefer Simeon Castille as a good fit that can contribute right away, and I like Choice a lot as a backup for Graham even though CB is a bigger need.
5. Schmitt: C. While Schmitt would bring back some memories of Alstott, we don`t really need him and he wouldn`t bring much use to our offense. BJ Askew is our blocking and pass catching back and we hardly run our FBs. Josh Johnson would be a great pick here as our QBOTF...I like him a lot. If we do go FB here I`d rather see Hester because he brings a new dimension to our offense and helps a lot on ST.
6. Grimes: F. Good value and fit but we simply don`t need any more Guards. If Grimes was able to adjust to C, this pick would be an A+, because I`d love to see us get a big, strong C to replace Wade. Brad Cottam would be my pick because we use a lot of 2-TE sets and he would be a valuable weapon in the run and pass game.
7. Roach: B+. I`ve never heard of Roach but I`d like to see us add some depth to the S position. I don`t like any of our backups there. Kory Lichtensteiger and Darius Reynaud are 2 players I like as well. I`m shocked to see Reynaud as Mr. Irrelevant.

The work you put on this was unprecedented with 7 rounds, explanations and responses in the thread. Well done.

DiG
02-17-2008, 06:53 PM
skins analysis. overall D+

1. limas sweed D+
pretty terrible pick. unless sweed really suprises at the combine then i dont consider him even a first round grade unless to the titans because of his relationship with vince young. you say that theres no cb or de worth taking on the board but rodgers cromartie and merling are both available. i cant imagine the skins passing on either of those guys to grab sweed, especially a guy like merling who can get at the qb and defend the run. perfect compliment to carter.

2. lawrence jackson B+
jackson only works here because you have the skins passing on merling in rd 1. if de isn't the pick in the first and jackon is avail in the second than its the right pick.

3. trae williams D
passing on patrick lee to pick williams is borderline insane. lee has more potential, is better in coverage, and is a much better tackler.

5. josh johnson C
i gave you a C only because i love johnson as a prospect but i can't imagine us going through round 5 without addressing the offensive line at all.

6. shannon boatman C-
the only way we go with a tackle over a guard is if it is one of the elite prospects in the first round. otherwise guard is a much bigger need unless its a guy that has versatility to play both.

7. antonio reynolds F
another de. really? no way we go with two des instead of OLB, OG, or DT...

Joeyjr09
02-17-2008, 08:24 PM
skins analysis. overall D+

1. limas sweed D+
pretty terrible pick. unless sweed really suprises at the combine then i dont consider him even a first round grade unless to the titans because of his relationship with vince young. you say that theres no cb or de worth taking on the board but rodgers cromartie and merling are both available. i cant imagine the skins passing on either of those guys to grab sweed, especially a guy like merling who can get at the qb and defend the run. perfect compliment to carter.

2. lawrence jackson B+
jackson only works here because you have the skins passing on merling in rd 1. if de isn't the pick in the first and jackon is avail in the second than its the right pick.

3. trae williams D
passing on patrick lee to pick williams is borderline insane. lee has more potential, is better in coverage, and is a much better tackler.

5. josh johnson C
i gave you a C only because i love johnson as a prospect but i can't imagine us going through round 5 without addressing the offensive line at all.

6. shannon boatman C-
the only way we go with a tackle over a guard is if it is one of the elite prospects in the first round. otherwise guard is a much bigger need unless its a guy that has versatility to play both.

7. antonio reynolds F
another de. really? no way we go with two des instead of OLB, OG, or DT...

So you think it's a D simply based on your own personal perference on which prospect you want because you agree with all the needs. Got it.

fenikz
02-17-2008, 09:32 PM
1st - Jenkins > Harvey, needs wise and talent wise IMO, but still a good pick = B+

2nd - Terrible pick, why take a DE in the 1st and 2nd, especially a guy who can't even play standing up, give us a CB or RB there, or if we took Jenkins in the 1st then Crable fits = F

3rd - Pretty bad pick agian, RB is a decent option but there are alot of better RB's left on the board then Smith. Forte, Johnson, & Choice should all go before him = C-

4th - Good depth pick here - A-

5th- Good pick here should challenge Smith as the starter from day 1 - A+

6th - Another good depth pick here - A

7th - Drafting 3 cb's in a draft is a little much, make this pick either O-line, a Blocking TE, a Punter, or a FS - C

Overall Grade - B

DiG
02-17-2008, 10:39 PM
So you think it's a D simply based on your own personal perference on which prospect you want because you agree with all the needs. Got it.

i dont agree with all the needs. i disagree with the quarterback pick. also, you did not address the guard spot. you picked two defensive ends. you reached on a wide receiver while passing on quality players at positions with bigger needs.