PDA

View Full Version : Most painful loss you've watched

BigJohn98
02-16-2008, 09:20 PM
For me, it's three games:

30-0 vs Wake Forest. My first game in Tallahassee. Cold, raining, and a pitiful performance.

Orange Bowl vs. Penn State. If Gary made the extra point, we win. I stil felt we deserved to win that game.

2002 vs Miami. We dominate the majority of the game. Greg Jones ran wild. Xavier Beitia and Wide Left...

Xiomera
02-16-2008, 09:25 PM
2006: undefeated Michigan loses to undefeated OSU the day after Bo died.

Damn you Shawn Crable!

Sniper
02-16-2008, 10:34 PM

Damn you Shawn Crable!

******* Crable....

themaninblack
02-16-2008, 10:45 PM
the many recent losses to florida.

OhioState
02-16-2008, 10:50 PM
2006 National Championship

I forced myself to watch the whole thing, it was unbearable

NGSeiler
02-16-2008, 10:57 PM
December 1, 2007: Unranked Pittsburgh comes to Morgantown and takes down #2 West Virginia, ruining their chance to play for a national title.

I was literally just silent in my seat through most of the second half. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Brent
02-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Cal against Texas Tech or Miami against OSU because of a BS pass interference call.

Rich Jr
02-16-2008, 11:16 PM
My first LSU game attending, Tennessee 2005. Les Miles introduction to SEC. Sitting on a 21-0 lead we lose in OT. This coming after watching the best win i've ever watched against AZ St.

Michigan
02-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Can't say Appy State cause I didn't have B10 network at the time, so I'll say OSU 04 or OSU 05. 04 was awful because we were 9-1 going up against a 6-4 OSU team and ended up losing 21-37 while Ginn and Smith made the entire defense look slow. 05 sucked because we were up by 9 midway through the 4th qrtr but played Lloydball (playing not to lose) and let them score the next 13. That loss marked the peak of my frustration against Lloyd and his staff.

Honorable mention goes to 2001 MSU, aka "Clockgate" or "Spartan Bob".

TigerBait45
02-17-2008, 12:56 AM
05 against Tennessee is definitely up there.

Ar-Kansas this year was pretty bad too.

I think my all-timer is 94 against Auburn when we blew a 24-9 lead in the 4th after the QB (don't remember his name) threw 2 of his 6 INTs in the game for touchdowns in the quarter.

That was the first LSU game I ever watched. I was like 6 or 7. I will never forget it.

nikkayeah
02-17-2008, 12:59 AM
cal vs oregon state

neko4
02-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Hawaii/Georgia
Probably more painful for Brennan who actually played in it and was sacked every 3 seconds

thebow305
02-17-2008, 01:03 AM
Cal against Texas Tech or Miami against OSU because of a BS pass interference call.

Agreed. Definitely the Championship game Miami Vs. Osu... still makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it.

FLORIDA PACKER
02-17-2008, 02:02 AM
Being a Buckeye fan

both National Title losses were crushing, I watched 06 to the end, 07 I turned off with 3 something left.

But One or maybe even two losses that IMO hurt me just as much were the losses to Texas and Penn State in 05, Just to have all those Seniors come back to see a chances slip away at the very end after playing pretty solid ball throughout most of those games just crushed me.

jbeans187
02-17-2008, 02:06 AM
December 1, 2007: Unranked Pittsburgh comes to Morgantown and takes down #2 West Virginia, ruining their chance to play for a national title.

I was literally just silent in my seat through most of the second half. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I had two tv's set up in my living room, a lot of people over, and a hotel booked in new orleans for a Mizzou vs WVU championship game. I watched 2 of my 3 favorite teams lose at the same time. Mizzou got dominated by OU, WVU couldnt get it done. I really didnt expect Mizzou to win the hotel was wishful thinking, but when WVU lost i couldnt do anything i just sat and didnt move for a few hours while everyone around me had a good time, i felt awful, worst sporting day of my life along with the 02 championship game.

oregonbucfan
02-17-2008, 02:45 AM
Ive seen way too many inperson...

so this year

Cal/Oregon. Cameron Colvin fumble into endzone

Don Vito
02-17-2008, 05:28 AM
I was at the Ole Miss/Alabama game this year when we due to a bs call. It really sucked beacuse we should've won and plus things got ugly real fast after the game.

I wasn't at the game but I watched BC/FSU on TV this year and saw the Eagles undefeated season slip away after a great win against VT.

Those are just some recent ones.

iworshipbender
02-17-2008, 06:19 AM
Ive seen way too many inperson...

so this year

Cal/Oregon. Cameron Colvin fumble into endzone

as an Oregon fan, i wholeheartedly disagree, arizona/Oregon was MUCH more painful than the cal loss.

oregonbucfan
02-17-2008, 07:31 AM
as an Oregon fan, i wholeheartedly disagree, arizona/Oregon was MUCH more painful than the cal loss.

I agree... my list was of inperson games. But yeah Arizona sucked.

My 2nd worst inperson game this year had to be UCLA. It was like watching a trainwreck, only thing good was the weather.

BaLLiN
02-17-2008, 08:30 AM

Yea that championship pissed me off, also this year when Miami got killed by OU was horrible.

keylime_5
02-17-2008, 09:53 AM
tie between January 8th, 2007 and January 1, 2001.

BigDawg819
02-17-2008, 11:28 AM
The last few Florida State seasons have been very painful.........

GO SEMINOLES!

BuddyCHRIST
02-17-2008, 11:31 AM
The 30-0 Wake game in Tallahassee was really awful, weather didn't help. Also so was the game in 2003 (i think) when Miami killed FSU in the rain at home was miserable too. This year's Miami vs FSU game was bad because Miami was worse than us and we should have been beating them by alot more if we didn't settle for so many field goals. Not to mention Kirby Freeman was awful the whole game and came up with a ridiculous drive to win.

The major one that sticks out is the 1998 National Championship game against Tennessee where Chris Weinke was injured and Marcus Outzen played very poor in the game. Still feel like we would have won if Weinke would have played.

dabears10
02-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Being a Notre Dame fan it has to be 05 USC. I had came in with the expectation of losing. USC was simply a better team. But Notre Dame played the greatest game the could and sucked me in. One poorly defended pass and it was over. TACKLE HIM don't go for the pick. I hate Mike Richardson.

02-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Raiders Snow Bowl loss to the Pats in '02 AFC divisional playoff game then maybe the blowout in Super Bowl XXXVII.

SMoore
02-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Probably psu loss to michigan in 05. Undefeated going in and with the lead that late in the game and the refs adding those two seconds back...ive hated lloyd carr with a passion since then

Billingsley26
02-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Its gotta be 2005 vs Michigan, where Micheal Robinson drove down the field and scored a TD late in the game, only to have Mario Manningham catch a TD pass with no time left on the clock. Killed me inside. Killed our hopes at a NC shot and going undefeated.

BigJohn98
02-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Raiders Snow Bowl loss to the Pats in '02 AFC divisional playoff game then maybe the blowout in Super Bowl XXXVII.

College dude, not NFL.

Sniper
02-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Its gotta be 2005 vs Michigan, where Micheal Robinson drove down the field and scored a TD late in the game, only to have Mario Manningham catch a TD pass with no time left on the clock. Killed me inside. Killed our hopes at a NC shot and going undefeated.

A) You weren't going to the NC, stop being delusional.
B) http://www.accrofoot.com/uploads/manningham.jpg

Hehehehehehehehehehe.

Billingsley26
02-17-2008, 12:29 PM
A) You weren't going to the NC, stop being delusional.
B) http://www.accrofoot.com/uploads/manningham.jpg

Hehehehehehehehehehe.

Things happen, it could've easily happened. Pissed the hell outta me. I hate Michigan. Like, I was unbelieable happy when you lost to App State. Like ****, Michign wasnt that good that year, it was luck, plus two extra seconds.

Sniper
02-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Things happen, it could've easily happened. Pissed the hell outta me. I hate Michigan. Like, I was unbelieable happy when you lost to App State. Like ****, Michign wasnt that good that year, it was luck, plus two extra seconds.

No it couldn't have. You would not have beaten out undefeated "Greatest Team Ever" USC, nor would you have beaten out the Texas VYs. And we sucked that year, but it was still good enough to beat PSU

Billingsley26
02-17-2008, 12:44 PM
No it couldn't have. You would not have beaten out undefeated "Greatest Team Ever" USC, nor would you have beaten out the Texas VYs. And we sucked that year, but it was still good enough to beat PSU

Can a man not wishful think when his team goes undefeated, or well should have?

keylime_5
02-17-2008, 03:40 PM

Exactly, PSU could've beaten Michigan and the only difference would be that all the Penn State fans would baby that they hate the BCS for not putting them in the Rose Bowl instead of UT and USC. Texas beat OSU in OSU, PSU beat them in Happy Valley in the rain. No arguing Texas and USC were the teams to play in that Rose Bowl if you look at their rosters that year and how amazing Bush and Young were...and also considering how crappy as hell Penn State played in that Orange Bowl they won anyways against a 4 or 5 loss FSU team, the Michigan game turns out to have been pretty much pointless for PSU's title hopes.

If Troy Smith didn't get suspended he wouldn't have been so rusty agianst Texas and PSU and maybe we could've gone undefeated instead of Texas, but ---- happens.

But no doubt however, that that loss must have sucked at the time for PSU people

kwilk103
02-17-2008, 06:16 PM
as a wvu fan, pitt this year and @ #1 miami in 03

we have the ball at the miami 35 with 2:15 left to play; we're down 19-13; quincy wilson gets a screen pass, then breaks and outruns 2 dlineman; hes running down the sideline when brandon merriweather attempts to tackle him; he proceeds to run through merriweather, knocking him 3 yds back, then jumps over him on his way to the endzone

we're then up 20-19 and have miami in a 4th and 10 situation; kellen winslow makes an unbeliveable 1 handed leaping catch that was behind him; they go on to kick the gw fg as time expired and won 22-20

heres the quincy wilson run; won espn fball play of the year

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tHr2DbCBHws

scottyboy
02-17-2008, 06:20 PM
last year RU at WVA. My lord, our chance for the Big East championship. Triple(perhaps double?) OT. lost on missing the 2 point conversion. oh and ******* James Townsend dropping a wideopen TD pass that would've won us the game... what a killer

the cincy game that year hurt like a ***** too

draftguru151
02-17-2008, 06:50 PM
as a wvu fan, pitt this year and @ #1 miami in 03

we have the ball at the miami 35 with 2:15 left to play; we're down 19-13; quincy wilson gets a screen pass, then breaks and outruns 2 dlineman; hes running down the sideline when brandon merriweather attempts to tackle him; he proceeds to run through merriweather, knocking him 3 yds back, then jumps over him on his way to the endzone

we're then up 20-19 and have miami in a 4th and 10 situation; kellen winslow makes an unbeliveable 1 handed leaping catch that was behind him; they go on to kick the gw fg as time expired and won 22-20

heres the quincy wilson run; won espn fball play of the year

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tHr2DbCBHws

Absolutely amazing game to be at. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi-NRheb7lE

Its Ya Boy
02-18-2008, 09:43 PM
wrong post

bdlyons26
02-18-2008, 10:29 PM
being an ou you fan i would have the oregon game a couple years back........ you know what i mean the one were we had the ball walking off the field uncontested and some how an oregon guy had the ball first (that they never touched)...... didn't make me mad one bit... only cussed and punched my grandma a couple times!

TimD
02-18-2008, 10:31 PM
hm Michigan vs. App State.

Actually no I think Michigan vs. Ohio State losses are worse.

bdlyons26
02-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I agree Mich vs. App. St. was a complete shocker b/c i had Mich playing OU for the national title i had a toss up between USC and Mich to be in the title game and i just couldn't pass on the triplet of MM/Hart/and Henne i think they will all rock shop in the NFL.

Sniper
02-18-2008, 11:01 PM
hm Michigan vs. App State.

Actually no I think Michigan vs. Ohio State losses are worse.

I'm surprisingly de-sensitized to the Appalachian State loss. Truth be told, we should have seen at the very least a damn close game going in. We had a dual threat QB who was very fast, which has always been Michigan kryptonite. We had JOHNNY ******* SEARS starting at corner, which is another negative. We lost seven starters from arguably our best defense ever. We most definitely should have not been that shocked

Billingsley26
02-19-2008, 01:45 AM
I'm surprisingly de-sensitized to the Appalachian State loss. Truth be told, we should have seen at the very least a damn close game going in. We had a dual threat QB who was very fast, which has always been Michigan kryptonite. We had JOHNNY ******* SEARS starting at corner, which is another negative. We lost seven starters from arguably our best defense ever. We most definitely should have not been that shocked

Yeah, but its Appalaichan State. There is no nothing that will justify losing to them. Im sorry, but absolutely nothing.

oregonbucfan
02-19-2008, 07:35 AM
being an ou you fan i would have the oregon game a couple years back........ you know what i mean the one were we had the ball walking off the field uncontested and some how an oregon guy had the ball first (that they never touched)...... didn't make me mad one bit... only cussed and punched my grandma a couple times!

its blocked... make that FG its irrelavant or stop the Oregon offense from scoring twice in 1 min.

Yeah it was a crappy call but OU had every chance still to win. There defense was awful in the last few mins, and they still had a chance at a game winning FG.

P-L
02-19-2008, 09:15 AM
I agree with this. Appalachian State wasn't nearly as bad of a loss as some people make it out to be. Stanford over USC was worse in my opinion. I really think a healthy Appalachian State could beat Stanford, easily. The reason that the ASU loss doesn't bother me THAT much is simply how we lost. We came into the game totally unprepared. We didn't start taking them seriously until the second half, and we still almost won (two blocked FG's, either one of them would've won the game). Sure it does suck that the media and people like Billingsly will blow it out of proportion, but it was just a really bad loss, not one of the worst ever.

When I think of the worst losses, actually three games come to mind. First was 1998 against Syracuse. We just won the National Championship so I had high expectations for the next year. Notre Dame had just beaten us the first game of the year. So I went into the game knowing we needed to beat Syracuse and win out to have a chance at going back to the National Championship game. Well, Donovan McNabb dominated in that game and the season was pretty much over with.

Next was 2001 against Michigan State. I rarely ever ***** about clock mistakes or bad reffing, but if PSU fans can do it, so can I. Not only did the clock suddenly stop at 0:01 when it should've been running, but one of the Michigan State lineman committed one of the most blatant and obvious holds I've ever seen. We'll, the refs didn't catch the clock error or call the holding penalty. Michigan State scored a TD on the last play of the game to win.

Finally was 2006 against Ohio State. Most people didn't think Michigan had a chance but we came out and got the lead early. We fought hard and it was a real close. I can only imagine what would've happened if it wasn't for Shawn "*******" Crable...

kwilk103
02-19-2008, 09:21 AM
even if michigan makes 1 of those fgs, didnt app st have the ball at like the um 10 when they kicked the gw fg? wasnt it on 2nd down

fenikz
02-19-2008, 09:34 AM
2003 Fiesta Bowl to Ohio State, not only because it was for the NC but the way we lost it. McGahee's knee basically snapping in half and then the refs bending over backwards for Ohio State, it should of never went to OT.

Billingsley26
02-19-2008, 11:47 AM
I agree with this. Appalachian State wasn't nearly as bad of a loss as some people make it out to be. Stanford over USC was worse in my opinion. I really think a healthy Appalachian State could beat Stanford, easily. The reason that the ASU loss doesn't bother me THAT much is simply how we lost. We came into the game totally unprepared. We didn't start taking them seriously until the second half, and we still almost won (two blocked FG's, either one of them would've won the game). Sure it does suck that the media and people like Billingsly will blow it out of proportion, but it was just a really bad loss, not one of the worst ever.

When I think of the worst losses, actually three games come to mind. First was 1998 against Syracuse. We just won the National Championship so I had high expectations for the next year. Notre Dame had just beaten us the first game of the year. So I went into the game knowing we needed to beat Syracuse and win out to have a chance at going back to the National Championship game. Well, Donovan McNabb dominated in that game and the season was pretty much over with.

Next was 2001 against Michigan State. I rarely ever ***** about clock mistakes or bad reffing, but if PSU fans can do it, so can I. Not only did the clock suddenly stop at 0:01 when it should've been running, but one of the Michigan State lineman committed one of the most blatant and obvious holds I've ever seen. We'll, the refs didn't catch the clock error or call the holding penalty. Michigan State scored a TD on the last play of the game to win.

Finally was 2006 against Ohio State. Most people didn't think Michigan had a chance but we came out and got the lead early. We fought hard and it was a real close. I can only imagine what would've happened if it wasn't for Shawn "*******" Crable...

Ya, but the thing is, Michigan is world wide known as a college football powerhouse. The funding, support and everything you can think of is rediculous. What App State receives is about 0.05% of what Michigan gets. Michigan always gets top recruits, while App State doesnt. Not to mention that App State is a D1AA school. Im sorry, just had to throw that in.

Oh, and I dont find that argument about "well, we were still close the entire game" usefull at all. If anything, I would've bought App State fans saying that if they lost, but no way should Michigan fans say "well we were close when we lost to Appalaichan State". Just inexcusable in my eyes.

LonghornsLegend
02-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Easy. The 2001 Big 12 Title game, Chris Simms smh. Ive never seen a more pathetic, no heart, game at qb in my life...Blew our chance to face Miami in the rose bowl, always had talent in those days but the qb play wasnt where it needed to be.

2nd goes to the red river shootout where Quentin Griffin murdered us, I almost got fired taking off of work when I wasnt allowed, went to the bar, and left embarrased...Thats a huge rivalry in Texas period, its truly a shame to get wiped off the floor the way we did this game.

cdub11
02-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Easy. The 2001 Big 12 Title game, Chris Simms smh. Ive never seen a more pathetic, no heart, game at qb in my life...Blew out chance to face Miami in the rose bowl, always had talent in those days but qb play was where it needed to be.

2nd goes to the red river shootout where Quentin Griffin murdered us, I almost got fired taking off of work when I wasnt allowed, went to the bar, and left embarrased...Thats a huge rivalry in Texas period, its truly a shame to get wiped off the floor the way we did this game.

Both were very painful to watch!!!

asmitty45
02-19-2008, 03:24 PM
MSU losing at home in the rain to Brady Quinn and Notre Dame after leading by like 21 points.

I broke my phone and slept under a desk in soaking wet clothes. awful...

smittyjs
02-19-2008, 07:42 PM
I'll do it by just this year, since vandy has about 4 every season.

Missing a FG to win the game vs UT or fumbling the ball against UGA and losing the game. i was at the UGA game....and i would also throw the kentucky game up there.......

Komp
02-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Without question it would be the Raiders Snow Bowl loss to the Pats. You know its a bad call when the NFL changes the rule the next year. Another loss that comes to mind is Juventus' loss to Manchester Utd in Champions League back in the mid 90's. Juve was up by 2 in goal differential and Man U fluked out and scored 2 goals in the last 5-10 mins to to win the home-home on away goals.

For my Gators I don't get as mad if they play well and just lose to a better team as I do if they play like ass. This year's bowl loss to Michigan and our game at Alabama a couple seasons ago come to mind as games where I was pulling my hair out in frustration.

david81
02-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Vince Young vs USC :(

Zyro_1014
02-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Vince Young vs USC :(

right there with ya brotha.......right there with ya :(

Sniper
02-19-2008, 10:02 PM
right there with ya brotha.......right there with ya :(

I maintain that that game was the greatest game from start to finish I've ever watched.

Turtlepower
02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
2005 ASU vs. USC... 24-3 at halftime. How the **** do we lose??? Sam Keller is the answer.

etk
02-19-2008, 10:29 PM
2002 vs Miami. We dominate the majority of the game. Greg Jones ran wild. Xavier Beitia and Wide Left...

Wide Left.....HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Miami against OSU because of a BS pass interference call.

I swear I was happy and laughing literally 2 seconds ago....

This year's Miami vs FSU game was bad because Miami was worse than us and we should have been beating them by alot more if we didn't settle for so many field goals. Not to mention Kirby Freeman was awful the whole game and came up with a ridiculous drive to win.

HAHAHAH it must suck to lose to Kirby Freeman....I'm happy again.

LonghornsLegend
02-20-2008, 09:01 AM
I maintain that that game was the greatest game from start to finish I've ever watched.

I would say me too, but its too obvious because we won...but Literally, I remember saying that many times during the 4th qt before the game was decided...The story line was great going in, alot of hype around some big name players and stars on both teams, atmosphere was crazy, both teams had been 1 and 2 all year, and it was a hard fought game all the way through that everyone knew it would come down to who had the ball last...Was the best game ive ever watched either sport, nfl or college.

I bought that game, and the Michigan Rose Bowl on dvd, still hasnt gotten old.

Sniper
02-20-2008, 09:35 AM
I would say me too, but its too obvious because we won...but Literally, I remember saying that many times during the 4th qt before the game was decided...The story line was great going in, alot of hype around some big name players and stars on both teams, atmosphere was crazy, both teams had been 1 and 2 all year, and it was a hard fought game all the way through that everyone knew it would come down to who had the ball last...Was the best game ive ever watched either sport, nfl or college.

I bought that game, and the Michigan Rose Bowl on dvd, still hasnt gotten old.

Ughhh the Michigan game sucked. No, it was really a great game, but Mangum can burn in hell. Partially blocked and he still makes it. It was the Vince Young vs. Braylon Edwards game.

But yes, the SC/Texas game was unbelievable.

Santonio10
02-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Michigan beating psu with one second left to ruin our undefeated season in 2005....ughhhh i hate that game!

DChess
02-21-2008, 11:18 PM
pitt over west virginia this year. so depressing

freebirdsrams02
02-22-2008, 12:04 AM
1993 Notre Dame Loses to Boston College. A week after beating Florida St. and Charlie Ward.

Vikes99ej
02-22-2008, 01:40 AM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/263445.jpg

This hurt a lot.

iowatreat54
02-22-2008, 01:53 AM
no offense to you miami guys, but you know maybe if you guys could have pulled it out in regulation or the first OT, you deserved to win...once it got that far, you can't really say OSU stole the game from Miami since Miami essentially handed it to them by not winning when they were supposed to...so while I understand the disappointment, it's gotten a little old

oh and as far as worst loss I've ever watched, 2005 OT loss to Michigan snapping out 22 game home winning streak

etk
02-22-2008, 09:23 AM
no offense to you miami guys, but you know maybe if you guys could have pulled it out in regulation or the first OT, you deserved to win...once it got that far, you can't really say OSU stole the game from Miami since Miami essentially handed it to them by not winning when they were supposed to...so while I understand the disappointment, it's gotten a little old

oh and as far as worst loss I've ever watched, 2005 OT loss to Michigan snapping out 22 game home winning streak

So wait...you're telling me the PI call was legit? We should've won it before then, but we have every right to complain.

DragonFireKai
02-22-2008, 02:31 PM
2004 OSU vs LSU. We had them.

Vikes99ej
02-22-2008, 03:00 PM
2004 OSU vs LSU. We had them.

I remember that game, with the extra point.

DragonFireKai
02-22-2008, 03:04 PM
I remember that game, with the extra point.

With the Future Lou Groza Award Winner missing 3 extra points in a game we lost by one point in overtime.

iowatreat54
02-23-2008, 01:53 AM
So wait...you're telling me the PI call was legit? We should've won it before then, but we have every right to complain.

I never said it was fair...I never said the call was right or wrong, but the fact that maybe if Miami had lived up to the fact that all their fans and media were anointing them as this "juggernaut" of college football, and then they couldn't beat OSU in even 1OT...I don't think you don't have right to complain, but I do think that Miami fans should give it up because honestly if they were close to as good as Miami fans made them out to be they would have won the game outright, and never had to worry about officiating or OT...plus, it was 5 years ago, get over it

I mean, Iowa got absolutely raped in the offsides call vs. Florida in the Outback bowl 2 years ago, but you don't see our fans still complaining...granted a NC is a ton different than a random bowl, but still, the game was already decided, no one is going to give Miami more credit as a institution for "almost/should have" beating OSU in 02

sodar21
02-23-2008, 02:07 AM
1998 vs Michigan State.

2005 vs Texas was pretty hard as well.

icantackleclaret
02-23-2008, 09:42 PM
About the OSU v. Miami game in 2003. No one seems to remember that I believe it was Gamble that caught a pass with about 3 minutes to go and it would have been a 1st down, but the refs made a bad call and said he was out. If they would have got that call right it wouldn't have went to OT.

The hardest lose to get over for me was the Texas v. Ohio State in the Shoe. I just this year stopped hating VY and Texas.

The Dude Abides
03-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Easily, Michigan/OSU from 1997

**** Tim Biakabutuka

bspen4
03-16-2008, 04:55 PM
1998 Big 12 championship game. K-State had the best team in the nation but Michael Bishop fumbled it away. After that we were number 3 in the BCS and ended up in the ****in alamo bowl

etk
03-16-2008, 04:58 PM
1998 Big 12 championship game. K-State had the best team in the nation but Michael Bishop fumbled it away. After that we were number 3 in the BCS and ended up in the ****in alamo bowl

Michael Bishop. LOL. Can't even start on a CFL team....

Xonraider
03-16-2008, 05:41 PM
For my team:

Damn you Shawn Crable!

Other than that was N.D losing to USC. I remember USC trying to call timeouts and the refs were like, no, you have none left. Then ND almost went crazy. But then they saw that because of the fumble the time stopped. Then came the Bush Push and game. That was oainful to watch for anyone who wanted to see USC lose

ramsfan2005813
03-16-2008, 05:42 PM
i don't know when it was but a few years back Michigan State is winning the whole game against Michigan then give up two or three TD's in the fourth to lose and be eliminated from getting a bowl bid

roidrunner
03-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Louisville losing to Rutgers. I cryed after that one.

soybean
03-18-2008, 12:07 PM
usc vs. texas, i threw my phone.

stanford was pretty bad but i was more mad than sad.

Sniper
03-18-2008, 12:27 PM
i don't know when it was but a few years back Michigan State is winning the whole game against Michigan then give up two or three TD's in the fourth to lose and be eliminated from getting a bowl bid

The Braylon game?

**Giggles**

Roidrunner, you C-R-I-E-D after the one where the dude jumped offside?

bearsfan_51
03-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Watching Steve Smith making mince meat out of our secondary in the playoffs was pretty tough to watch. Especially since we dominated them in the regular season.

The toughest loss was probably the '86 Bears team that went 14-2 and lost in the divisional round thanks to Doug ******* Flutie. But I was 4, so I can't say I really remember it.

EDIT: I take that back, the Indians losing to that piece of **** franchise from Miami in game 7 of the World Series was by far the worst.

roidrunner
03-18-2008, 03:17 PM
without that loss we would of been in the NC game. stupid ******* rutgers

vatech=accdomination
03-18-2008, 04:27 PM
easily boston college in the rain, boston collge last year, and boston college last year in the big east. ******* sean glennon.

asmitty45
03-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Appalachian State wasn't nearly as bad of a loss as some people make it out to be. Stanford over USC was worse in my opinion.

That is a Michigan fan comment if ive ever read one.

App State is 1-AA, even if they were the champions there are over 100 teams that are in 1-A, that can recruit better more talented players and that have more talented teams. Stanford being one of them, they are in the Pac-10 for a reason.

My worst loss was 2006 MSU losing to Notre Dame after Brady Quinns b***h ass. That loss single handedly ruined the season, really destroyed our chances for anything and we went 4-8.

But next year the story will be different, when ND comes to East Lansing revenge will be served.

TimD
03-18-2008, 11:25 PM
um i think it has to be the app state loss...

Sniper
03-19-2008, 11:48 AM

App State is 1-AA, even if they were the champions there are over 100 teams that are in 1-A, that can recruit better more talented players and that have more talented teams. Stanford being one of them, they are in the Pac-10 for a reason.

My worst loss was 2006 MSU losing to Notre Dame after Brady Quinns b***h ass. That loss single handedly ruined the season, really destroyed our chances for anything and we went 4-8.

But next year the story will be different, when ND comes to East Lansing revenge will be served.

Once again, MSU fans show their lack of intelligence. Put Appalachian State and Stanford on the same field this year, who do you think wins? Appalachian State's speed would give A LOT of D-1A teams fits. Plus, you're definitely not allowed to say **** about that game, considering you lost to the team that lost to Appalachian State.

Re: Quinn You never chances for anything because you always blow it in the second half of the season.

P-L
03-19-2008, 02:33 PM

You do realize that Appalachian State was voted as the #34 team in ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL in the final AP poll, right? Even if you think that is too high (which I do) I guarantee there are at least 50 teams in D1-A that Appalachian State could beat. Anyone who thinks that Stanford is a better team than Appalachian State is pretty ignorant.

We had our worst defensive performance that I can remember, we had two FG's blocked, yet we only lost by two points. Sorry, I'm not going to lose sleep over that loss. I've actually seen a few Appalachian State games over the last two years and I know what they are capable of. Just because the rest of the nation likes to hate on the Big Ten (and in your case, Michigan) doesn't mean you (they) have to down-play ASU's talent.

Unbiased
03-19-2008, 06:03 PM
If you mean in person, 2002 Penn State at Michigan

Hokie_Pokie08
03-20-2008, 12:23 AM
easily boston college in the rain, boston collge last year, and boston college last year in the big east. ******* sean glennon.

the bc game this year was horrible. the only thing i could equate it to was when duke hit that half court shot against us at cameron. i couldn't walk/move for a couple minutes after that one.

kwilk103
03-20-2008, 12:32 AM
lmao at michigan fans trying to justify the app st loss

thats one of the worst (if not the worst) loss ever

only RANKED team to lose to a d-1aa team; only top 5 team to drop out of top 25 in 1 week

DragonFireKai
03-20-2008, 04:24 AM
Anyone who thinks that Stanford is a better team than Appalachian State is pretty ignorant.

I'm just throwing this out there, but Stanford gave Oregon a LOT more trouble than Michigan did last season.

Appalachian State's 5 points came from one AP voter, who voted them 21st, presumably to continue digging the knife into Michigan, who he ranked 22nd. The voting practice of one member of the AP is hardly a definitive method of detirmining a team's strength. Especially when no one else in any major poll devoted a single vote to them. None of the 115 voters in the harris poll, none of the 60 coaches poll voters, and only one of the 65 AP voters. 239 out of 240 voters. That's 99.6%.

Talentwise, ASU and Stanford are about equivilent. ASU is 7-36-1 against FBS teams. 1 win over Michigan, and the remaining six come at the expense of Wake Forest. ASU was a better team in 06, when they got blown out by a 3-9 NC State. They were a better team in 05, when they got curb stomped by a 7-5 Kansas team. 07 was the worst of ASU's championship teams, but they caught Michigan in a down year, and Michigan just wasn't prepared.

Both Stanford and ASU won a flukey game over a superior opponent, that if replayed 100 times, would result in the better team winning 99 times. They both just happened to catch that one game. It's still a sucky loss, but it doesn't make either team some sort of stealthy world beater. But at least USC can point to their QB playing the majority of the game with a broken finger, along with several other injuries. Michigan was completely healthy, and just dropped the ball.

Sniper
03-20-2008, 08:51 AM
lmao at michigan fans trying to justify the app st loss

thats one of the worst (if not the worst) loss ever

only RANKED team to lose to a d-1aa team; only top 5 team to drop out of top 25 in 1 week

Clearly reading comprehension, along with grammar, spelling, punctuation and syntax are not offered at WVU.

We know all of the historic feats accomplished in that game by Appalachian State. Still, you're getting too caught up in the 1-AA stigma. Appalachian State would blow Stanford out of the water. In addition, USC was a 40.5 point favorite, while Michigan was around 26.5.

Like I said, my reading comprehension-lacking WVU homer, while it was a terrible loss, the circumstances were perfectly matched up for a Michigan loss. Crappy corners? Check. Overpursuing LBs and DEs? Check. Star running back gets hurt? Check.

Seriously dude, let your hatred of Michigan go. We get it. Michigan took your coaches. Get over it.

Sniper
03-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Michigan was completely healthy, and just dropped the ball.

Mike Hart doesn't count anymore?

DragonFireKai
03-20-2008, 10:14 AM
We know all of the historic feats accomplished in that game by Appalachian State. Still, you're getting too caught up in the 1-AA stigma. Appalachian State would blow Stanford out of the water. In addition, USC was a 40.5 point favorite, while Michigan was around 26.5.

And you're getting too caught up in the betting line. This is an Appalachian State team that lost two games in FCS play, after going undefeated for the previous two seasons. This was their worst team of the past three years. The previous two years, they got blown out by the 3 FBS teams they faced, but Michigan just overlooked them.

Star running back gets hurt? Check.

What are you talking about? Hart rushed for 188 yards and 3 TDs. He was great in that game, it was the defense and special teams that looked crippled out there.

Mike Hart doesn't count anymore?

Mike Hart didn't get hurt until week eight. He got 23 carries in that game, and was on the field for all but one quarter. Minor got 6 carries more than the his average, which isn't a massive fluctuation.

kwilk103
03-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Clearly reading comprehension, along with grammar, spelling, punctuation and syntax are not offered at WVU.

Like I said, my reading comprehension-lacking WVU homer, while it was a terrible loss, the circumstances were perfectly matched up for a Michigan loss. Crappy corners? Check. Overpursuing LBs and DEs? Check. Star running back gets hurt? Check.

Seriously dude, let your hatred of Michigan go. We get it. Michigan took your coaches. Get over it.

1. i didnt think there was a line for the game

2. your still tryin to justify the loss

3. dont know what the coaches have to do with anything; it was one of the worst losses ever

4. hows belien workin out for yea?

Sniper
03-20-2008, 12:54 PM
And you're getting too caught up in the betting line. This is an Appalachian State team that lost two games in FCS play, after going undefeated for the previous two seasons. This was their worst team of the past three years. The previous two years, they got blown out by the 3 FBS teams they faced, but Michigan just overlooked them.

What are you talking about? Hart rushed for 188 yards and 3 TDs. He was great in that game, it was the defense and special teams that looked crippled out there.

Mike Hart didn't get hurt until week eight. He got 23 carries in that game, and was on the field for all but one quarter. Minor got 6 carries more than the his average, which isn't a massive fluctuation.

O RLY?

Hart was great in that game, but he missed a significant chunk of time in the game. Don't argue Michigan games with me. You're not going to win. He was on the stationary bike for a big part of the game

Sniper
03-20-2008, 12:55 PM
4. hows belien workin out for yea?

I'm of the opinion that you give a coach more than one year, especially if he's installing a different system. Crazy I know

DragonFireKai
03-20-2008, 01:13 PM
O RLY?

Hart was great in that game, but he missed a significant chunk of time in the game. Don't argue Michigan games with me. You're not going to win. He was on the stationary bike for a big part of the game

He was off the field for one quarter. He averaged 27 carries a game last season, 24 carries in 06. What you got from Hart in against ASU was about the standard workload. And it doesn't change the fact that ASU wasn't a great team, or even a mediocre one. Most FBS teams would steamroll ASU, Michigan just dropped the ball in that game. Henne mailed it in, the defense was asleep the whole game, and your special teams assumed they didn't have to block.

kwilk103
03-20-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm of the opinion that you give a coach more than one year, especially if he's installing a different system. Crazy I know

yea, cuz huggins has his players....he has soft players, and theyre in the ncaas

he adapted to his players; belien didnt

Sniper
03-20-2008, 02:55 PM
yea, cuz huggins has his players....he has soft players, and theyre in the ncaas

Huggins took Beilein's players to the NCAAs. Not to use the Charlie Weis card, but Tommy Amaker ain't exactly Bill Self recruiting wise, and left the cupboard pretty bare. Manny Harris was the best player and he was a freshman.

Anyways, back on topic, Ohio State '06 was a killer. Absolute killer.

dabears10
03-20-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure how you can argue someones most painful loss? It is purely subjective. Most Michigan never had feelings towards the game to start with, so why would it effect them more than a big game such as an OSU or Bowl game would.
Notre Dame's Loss in 05 is not the worst loss in my recent memory, that would probably be Navy. However, it is much more painful when it is invested, AKA not your first game of a season vs an opponent you don't really care about.

DragonFireKai
03-20-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure how you can argue someones most painful loss? It is purely subjective.

I'm not arguing about how painful it was for the fans, I'm just arguing against the Lou Holtz-ing of Appy State.

P-L
03-20-2008, 09:25 PM

Tommy Amaker left Beilein with complete trash to work with. We had one returning senior and he was forced to start two freshmen and a sophomore. We had the 26th hardest schedule in the country (including: @ #5 Georgetown, @ #22 Butler, @ #6 Duke, vs #8 UCLA out of conference). We played a lot of schools close in the first half of games, before completely falling apart in the second half (we lead UCLA at halftime and almost beat Wisconsin in Madison). I'm going to give him at least a couple more years to get his players that fit his system before I kill myself over going 9th in the Big Ten.

And by the way, I'm not trying to "justify" the Appalachian State loss. I was simply explaining why it wasn't the worst loss that Michigan has ever suffered, in my opinion. You guys can think what you want, but I don't believe it was the worst loss I've ever witnessed. I'm sorry, I didn't realize this thread was "What do fans of other teams think is the worst loss for your team."

I never said it wasn't a big loss or I was fine with it. Anyone can search back to the "Appalachian State upsets Michigan" thread to know how I really felt about it. The lost sucked, it was embarrassing as hell. I never tried to deny that. My point is that it didn't hurt as bad as other losses. The whole team was asleep in the first half. Our defense and special teams played the worst game I've ever seen them play. It was a completely ****** effort, I know that. Everyone knows that. I was disappointed by the ****** effort. I was just more disappointed when we gave it our all against Ohio State in 2006 and came up 3 points short on the road. I was devastated when we could've potentially got the ball back and would've been in position to win the game and Shawn Crable committed a really stupid and unnecessary penalty which Ohio State to get the winning score.

Sorry if I feel losing in a game that would've put you in the National Championship is more hurtful than your team playing like **** against a crappy team.

And just to address the voting issue real quick. Only one voter voted Appalachian State into the top 25. That doesn't mean that dozens of other voters didn't think they were a top 50 or even top 70 team. Michigan has no business losing to a team in the 50-70 range, but still. Also, voters in the Coaches Poll and Harris Poll can't vote for FCS teams. In fact, the rule was just put into place this year that voters in the AP Poll can vote for FCS teams. Just because the 60 voters in the Coaches Poll and 114 voters in the Harris Poll didn't vote Appalachian State in their top 25 (which they couldn't) has no bearing on how good they are. I still believe that if that exact same Appalachian State team with the exact same coaches and players played in the MAC Conference, then NO ONE outside of North Carolina would think it's the "Biggest Upset of All-time." People are just buying too much into the whole "first ranked team to lose to a FCS team" stuff.

I realize I went too far in saying that Appalachian State is clearly better than Stanford. Honestly, I think it is close. I've seen a few games of Appalachian State this year and I really think that if they played Stanford, they'd win. That is not me trying to "justify" the loss, that's just my opinion. Basically the reason I think Stanford over USC was the bigger upset is this: I think Stanford and Appalachian State were close in talent level. Even if you think Stanford is better, I don't believe you could reasonably argue that they are significantly better. However, USC was far superior to Michigan. I believe that when two teams have what I feel is a similar talent level, the one who beats the MUCH, MUCH better team is the bigger upset.

Raiderz4Life
03-21-2008, 12:33 AM
for me it was the 08 USC vs Stanford game

DragonFireKai
03-21-2008, 04:59 AM
And by the way, I'm not trying to "justify" the Appalachian State loss. I was simply explaining why it wasn't the worst loss that Michigan has ever suffered, in my opinion. You guys can think what you want, but I don't believe it was the worst loss I've ever witnessed. I'm sorry, I didn't realize this thread was "What do fans of other teams think is the worst loss for your team."

I never said it wasn't a big loss or I was fine with it. Anyone can search back to the "Appalachian State upsets Michigan" thread to know how I really felt about it. The lost sucked, it was embarrassing as hell. I never tried to deny that. My point is that it didn't hurt as bad as other losses. The whole team was asleep in the first half. Our defense and special teams played the worst game I've ever seen them play. It was a completely ****** effort, I know that. Everyone knows that. I was disappointed by the ****** effort. I was just more disappointed when we gave it our all against Ohio State in 2006 and came up 3 points short on the road. I was devastated when we could've potentially got the ball back and would've been in position to win the game and Shawn Crable committed a really stupid and unnecessary penalty which Ohio State to get the winning score.

Sorry if I feel losing in a game that would've put you in the National Championship is more hurtful than your team playing like **** against a crappy team.

And just to address the voting issue real quick. Only one voter voted Appalachian State into the top 25. That doesn't mean that dozens of other voters didn't think they were a top 50 or even top 70 team. Michigan has no business losing to a team in the 50-70 range, but still. Also, voters in the Coaches Poll and Harris Poll can't vote for FCS teams. In fact, the rule was just put into place this year that voters in the AP Poll can vote for FCS teams. Just because the 60 voters in the Coaches Poll and 114 voters in the Harris Poll didn't vote Appalachian State in their top 25 (which they couldn't) has no bearing on how good they are. I still believe that if that exact same Appalachian State team with the exact same coaches and players played in the MAC Conference, then NO ONE outside of North Carolina would think it's the "Biggest Upset of All-time." People are just buying too much into the whole "first ranked team to lose to a FCS team" stuff.

I realize I went too far in saying that Appalachian State is clearly better than Stanford. Honestly, I think it is close. I've seen a few games of Appalachian State this year and I really think that if they played Stanford, they'd win. That is not me trying to "justify" the loss, that's just my opinion. Basically the reason I think Stanford over USC was the bigger upset is this: I think Stanford and Appalachian State were close in talent level. Even if you think Stanford is better, I don't believe you could reasonably argue that they are significantly better. However, USC was far superior to Michigan. I believe that when two teams have what I feel is a similar talent level, the one who beats the MUCH, MUCH better team is the bigger upset.

I think that if you lined up Michigan and ASU 100 times, Michigan would win 99 times, UM just caught the wrong game. I think that if you lined up Stanford and ASU, Stanford would win about 60 times. Ignore that we're talking about a team that beat Michigan against a team that beat USC. Both games were fluky as hell. What we're really talking about is a team that lost to Wofford and Georgia Southern against a team that beat Arizon and Cal. Is Stanford a good team? No. But that doesn't change that ASU is abysmal.

Sniper
03-21-2008, 07:23 AM
I think that if you lined up Michigan and ASU 100 times, Michigan would win 99 times, UM just caught the wrong game. I think that if you lined up Stanford and ASU, Stanford would win about 60 times. Ignore that we're talking about a team that beat Michigan against a team that beat USC. Both games were fluky as hell. What we're really talking about is a team that lost to Wofford and Georgia Southern against a team that beat Arizon and Cal. Is Stanford a good team? No. But that doesn't change that ASU is abysmal.

In the Wofford and Georgia Southern games, Vince Young 2.0 (to Michigan fans) Armanti Edwards was injured for a part of each game. If you caught any other Appalachian State games, you'd know he's their MVP.

BigJohn98
03-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Why must idiots highjack threads?

DragonFireKai
03-21-2008, 03:11 PM
In the Wofford and Georgia Southern games, Vince Young 2.0 (to Michigan fans) Armanti Edwards was injured for a part of each game. If you caught any other Appalachian State games, you'd know he's their MVP.

Edwards played in both losses. And Trey Elder isn't a slouch.

ironman4579
03-21-2008, 03:23 PM
I think my answer would be Michigan/OSU '06 or the Texas/Michigan Rose Bowl. I thought we had that damn Rose Bowl game.

Sniper
03-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Edwards played in both losses. And Trey Elder isn't a slouch.

Not a big fan of counting when players have to sit out chunks of games because they're hurt but then they come back I see.

Billingsley26
03-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Not a big fan of counting when players have to sit out chunks of games because they're hurt but then they come back I see.

I just cant get over UM losing to ASU. Im sorry, but there is absolutely no justifying that ;)

As for another painful loss, Id have to say first and foremost Michigan beating us with a last second TD pass to Mario Manningham. I will forever hate you for that Sniper! Just kidding.

Also, Last year when the Sabres were playing the Senators in the ECF. Game 6, Buffalo rallied back to get it to game 6, and in Daniel Alfreddson scored in OT to win the series. It was so quiet in the arena that you could hear Alfreddson yell when he scored. I was pretty depressed. I made a Stanley Cup and brought it to the game. We had the team of the franchise last year, and had sugh high hopes. That cruhed me inside. But its allright, I want Ottawa this year first round, so we can take them out.

ironman4579
03-21-2008, 04:20 PM
I just cant get over UM losing to ASU. Im sorry, but there is absolutely no justifying that ;)

As for another painful loss, Id have to say first and foremost Michigan beating us with a last second TD pass to Mario Manningham. I will forever hate you for that Sniper! Just kidding.

Also, Last year when the Sabres were playing the Senators in the ECF. Game 6, Buffalo rallied back to get it to game 6, and in Daniel Alfreddson scored in OT to win the series. It was so quiet in the arena that you could hear Alfreddson yell when he scored. I was pretty depressed. I made a Stanley Cup and brought it to the game. We had the team of the franchise last year, and had sugh high hopes. That cruhed me inside. But its allright, I want Ottawa this year first round, so we can take them out.

I think you should be more worried about the Sabres actually making the playoffs than who you'll play if you get there at this point.

Billingsley26
03-21-2008, 04:24 PM
I think you should be more worried about the Sabres actually making the playoffs than who you'll play if you get there at this point.

Comedian on the board eh? Haha, just playing. We'll make it. We win tonite and we are either in 7th or 8th. It is Toronto we have tonite, and they are without a slew of guys, most notably Mats Sundin. They have Matt Stajan as the 1st line centre. Have you heard of Matt Stajan? The only reason I know of him is because he is from my city. We'll be ok.

DragonFireKai
03-21-2008, 04:30 PM

Well, when a guy is averaging 20 attempts a game, and he attempts 18 and 21 passes, it doesn't really matter if he sits out 10-20 snaps, two more passes from edwards isn't going to close an 11 point deficit. And when he sets a career high in rushing attempts in the Georgia Southern loss, you really can't complain about him not being on the field as much in other games.

Sniper
03-21-2008, 04:57 PM

The funny part is Appalachian State has beaten Michigan more times in the past ten years than Penn State has, and Appalachian has only had one chance.

Billingsley26
03-21-2008, 04:58 PM
The funny part is Appalachian State has beaten Michigan more times in the past ten years than Penn State has, and Appalachian has only had one chance.

Ohhhhh, that hurts Sniper, that hurts.

Sniper
03-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Ohhhhh, that hurts Sniper, that hurts.

ZINGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

407Niner
03-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Bush Push for me.

apizzle
03-23-2008, 12:28 PM
The home game vs. Pitt when WVU could have gone to the National Championship game, it was a chill night in Morgantown, and our fans got pissed off, because 90% of them were drunk, other 10% under aged by a lot. Just a bad day, then Rich Rodriguez leaves for Michigan..

Primetime21
03-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Boise State losing to BC in MPC Bowl 3 years ago. Broncos come back like 28 points and are ten yards away from the endzone with less than a minute for the tie and Zabransky throws a pic.

bucknut12
03-24-2008, 10:08 AM
In my young life...I can only date back to 1998 to present. So I'll go with Ohio State loss to Mich St in 98. Ohio State loss to Wisc in 03. Ohio State loss to Texas in 05. But by far, the most miserable was Florida 06 championship. It is one thing to kind of compete like against LSU in 07, but to not even show up and not look like anything that resembles quality football was horrible.