PDA

View Full Version : Big Blue Crew Revised Suggestions Mock

BigBlueCrew56
02-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Okay I am doing this mock a bit different then my last one because of some very good insight that was given to me in the last one. Took considerations in hand so I am hoping for a better response.

1. Miami Dolphins- DE/OLB Chris Long Virginia

The Phins want to trade this pick rather badly and my gut tells me that they need Jake Long more then Chris. Analyzing the current roster they are filled at 3-4 OLB with Porter,Taylor,A.Wright,Moses, and Roth. I'd have to imagine that the Phins would deal away J.T. in order to build the defense around Chris. Keep in mind that the Phins only have 1 viable tackle on the roster and that is Vernon Carey. By far the safest pick for the Phins is C.Long and with the overwelhming outcry from my last Mock about Jake I will switch it in this one.

2. St. Louis Rams- DT Glenn Dorsey LSU

Despite back-to-back season-ending injuries, Orlando Pace said Thursday that he doesn't plan to retire.
"I'm going to come back and play," Pace said. "I will play. Initially, [retirement] crosses your mind. You think, 'Man, I can't go through another year like this.' I've done a lot of good things in the league, and I want to continue to do more. I don't want to have an injury force me out, or somebody else telling me: 'You can't play anymore. So that's the one thing that really drives me, and that's going to drive me to play another couple years, hopefully."Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

With this being said I highly doubt that Jake Long is the pick with Pace coming back and Barron on the other side why would they need to invest any more money on the tackle spot when one can be hard later to groom. I think a DE makes way more sense for the Rams in this spot but with C.Long gone then BPA leads to Dorsey in this spot.

3. Atlanta Falcons- QB Matt Ryan Boston College

I know some want McFadden and others may scream for Ellis but the fact is that a fairy and an insurance salesman are the current QB's on the roster. This team needs a franchise signal caller who has the chance to step in right away and play. I know many have said but what about the second round. Well waiting until the second round is a huge gamble. What if Henne isnt there???? Flacco isnt even an option at the current state of the franchise.

4. Oakland Raiders- DT Sedrick Ellis USC

For once the Raiders make a smart move and dont get caught into the glamour and glitz of McFadden. They recently just signed Fargas to a long term deal so I think now the focus has to be on improving the defensive like for Ryan.

5. Kansas City Cheifs- OT Jake Long Michigan

The obvious hands down easiest pick of the draft if he is here at this spot.

6. New York Jets- DE/OLB Vernon Gholston Ohio State

The Jets can take a look at McFadden but that's about it. They invested 12 million already on Thomas Jones and have an electric backup in Leon Washington already in the fold. The greatest need for them is a rush OLB and that is what Gholston provides them in this slot.

7. Dallas Cowboys(trade with Pats)- RB Darren McFadden Arkansas

Boys deal #22 and #28 value chart #7 1500 trade value in 1440.

Cowboys finally find a decent deal for themselves and Jerry gets the player he covets in McFadden without having to give up Barber. Jones wants the big name running back not because he is of great need but the name itself moving into the new stadium and the Arkansas ties is what has Jones ready to pounce.

8. Baltimore Ravens- CB Leodis McKlevin Troy

Rolle is aging and there depth is rather bare. McKlevin would be a solid pick for the Ravens in this spot.

9. Cincinnatti Bengals- DE Derrick Harvey Florida

Speed Edge Rusher the team needs with Smith coming up for F/A and a very high franchise tender of 10 mil that makes him expendable.

10. New Orleans Saints- OLB Keith Rivers USC

As bad as they need a corner is as badly as they need a difference maker at the WSOLB spot. Rivers is a difference maker who should rate higher on the Saints draft board then the remaining corners.

11. Buffalo Bills- WR Malcolm Kelly Oklahoma

Big imposing wideout who will help ease the burden on both Evans and Edwards.

12. Denver Broncos- DT Kentwan Balmer UNC

After looking over the Broncos roster a ton of times I am starting to like Balmer in this spot more then Phillips. The defensive tackle spot is just so bare that Balmer would make a ton of sense for them here.

13. Carolina Panthers- DE Philip Merling Clemson

With Rucker running on his last leg the Merling pick here would make great sense to put him along side Peppers. Merling and Peppers would be pretty sick. I also like Brohm in this spot but it looks like Delhomme is coming back and they also may have discovered a solid backup in Matt Moore.

14. Chicago Bears- OT Ryan Clady Boise State

I wanted to put Brian Brohm in this spot real badly but getting a franchise tackle and getting rid of Fred Miller has to be paramount.

15. Detroit Lions- OT Chris Williams Vanderbilt

Lions have some needs along the offensive line especially at RT so it may be wise to address it with this pick.

16. Arizona Cardinals- CB Mike Jenkins South Florida

The Cards need some secondary help with the move of Antrel Rolle to free safety. They could go RB in this spot but I think they pass and go more towards need.

17. Minnesota Vikings- QB Brian Brohm Louisville

Ouch this may be the shocker of the draft at this spot. Childress hasnt even named Jackson his starter yet so if Brohm is availible when the Vikes pick at this spot book Brohm. Much like when they look Peterson last year when having Taylor already on the roster. I know many Vikes fans are going to hate this pick but I am basing this off of a gut instinct.

--Childress indicated that while he hasn't named Tarvaris Jackson his starter for 2008, the quarterback will be under center if nothing drastic changes. "It's always a fluid situation and you know that change is part of this deal," Childress said. "Provided there is no change, that will be the guy."

Boy that's some real confidence in the current QB. Sticking with this pick. I feel that I have enough research and quotes to back this up.

18. Houston Texans- RB Rashard Mendenhall Illinois

Texans finally get there franchise back they have long sought for. Phillips will get considertaion here as well.

19. Philadelphia Eagles- OT Jeff Otah Pittsburgh

One thing that always seems to be set in stone on a yearly basis is that the Eagles love to draft lineman with there 1st pick. With Runyan and Thomas aging very fast and Justice looking like a bust it may be in there best interset to take Otah in this spot to take over for Runyan.

20. Tampa Bay Bucs- WR DeSean Jackson Cal

Gruden finally gets a speedy playmaker to develop behind Galloway.

21. Washington Redskins- DE Calais Campbell UM

Redskins love going to the U for players so with Campbell in this spot look for them to pounce.

22. New England Patriots(trade with Cowboys)- CB Aquib Talib Kansas

Talib will be a nice fit with the Pats with the impending departure of Samuel.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers- OG Branden Albert Virginia

Top rated guard in this draft will help ease the loss of Faneca.

24. Tennesse Titans- WR Limas Sweed Texas

Seems like the obvious pick because of his connection to Vince Young.

25. Seattle Seahawks- RB Johnathan Stewart Oregan

Hawks need a replacement for Alexander and this kid is a stud.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE Lawrence Jackson USC

Team needs to start getting much younger at the end spot so look for them to reach a bit with Jackson here since the drop off is big after him.

27. San Diego Chargers- DT Pat Sims Auburn

They hit it big with Marcus McNeill from Auburn so they go back to the well and try to develop Sims to be there 3-4 NT of the future behind Williams. Cherilus could also be the pick but I think they give Olivea another shot at earning his job back. At very least Sims gives them much needed depth at either Nose or DE.

Safety Marlon McCree was merely OK last season and the team is intrigued with second-year player Eric Weddle. If McCree is shown the door, the ball-hawking Weddle would step in as he proved himself last year on a number of occasions.

With Eric Weddle already slated to take over for McCree and Clinton Hart playing well why would the need again be for a safety when you guys traded up last year for Weddle?????

28. New England Patriots(trade with Cowboys)- ILB Dan Connor Penn State

Seems to me as the ideal Patriot pick here as they are in need of adding youth in the middle of there defense.

29. San Francisco 49ers- WR Mario Manningham Michigan

Niners get there offensive weapon for Mike Martz.

30. Green Bay Packers- CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Tenn. State

Packers take the gamble here with not too many needs and develop him behind the vets.

31. Patriots Forfeit

32. New York Giants- FS Kenny Phillips UM

Please dont call me a UM homer for making this pick with the Giants. I have been to plenty of draft sites and have seen expert opinions and most have Phillips rated between 25-30. Luckily for the Giants he slips to them in this spot. Mike Mayock doesnt even have this guy as his top safety on the board.

2nd round

33. Miami Dolphins- CB Brandon Flowers Virginia Tech

34. St. Louis Rams- OT Sam Baker USC

35. Oakland Raiders- RB Felix Jones Arkansas

36. Kansas City Cheifs- CB/FS Reggie Smith Oklahoma

37. Atlanta Falcons- OT Gosder Cherilus Boston College

38. New York Jets- OT Carl Nicks Nebraska

39 Baltimore Ravens- QB Chad Henne Michigan

40. San Francisco 49ers- OG Chilo Rachal USC

41. New Orleans Saints- CB Antoine Cason Arizona

42. Buffalo Bills- TE Fred Davis USC

43. Denver Broncos- ILB Curtis Lofton Oklahoma

44. Carolina Panthers- RB Chris Johnson East Carolina

45. Chicago Bears- QB Joe Flacco Deleware

46. Detroit Lions- RB Jammal Charles Texas

47. Cincinnatti Bengals- OLB Phillip Wheeler Georgia Tech

48. Minnesota Vikings- FS DaJuan Morgon NC State

49. Atlanta Falcons- DT Dre Moore Maryland

50. Philadelphia Eagles- CB Patrick Lee Auburn

51. Arizona Cardinals- RB Kevin Smith UCF

52. Washington Redskins- CB Tracy Porter Indiana

53. Tampa Bay Bucs- QB Andre Woodson Kentucky

54. Pittsburgh Steelers- WR James Hardy Indiana

55. Tennessee Titans- DT DeMario Pressely NC STATE

56. Seattle Seahawks- TE Martellus Bennett Texas AM

57. Cleveland Browns- DE/OLB Quentin Groves Auburn

58. Miami Dolphins- TE John Carlson Notre Dame

59. Jacksonville Jaguars- WR Early Doucet LSU

60. Indianapolis Colts- DT Trevor Laws Notre Dame

61. Green Bay Packers- OLB Erin Henderson Maryland

62. Dallas Cowboys- WR Donnie Avery Houston

63. New England Patriots- OT Anthony Collins Kansas State

64. New York Giants- OLB Tavares Gooden UM .

Addict
02-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Glad to see it's not a CB to the Lions this time around, however OT, like CB hasn't been identified as a first round need. In fact, our OC has stated the need for a new starter at RB is the main priority in Detroit offensively. (not saying I agree with him, but he IS the OC)

Dr. Gonzo
02-18-2008, 04:30 PM
You seem to have forgotten Kenny Phillips. He would for sure be the Vikings pick. I actually hate the Vikings pick. There is no way we pick a quaterback. We are taken Phillips if he drops or the best DE left.

BigBlueCrew56
02-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Okay guys going to start finishing. As for Kenny Phillips I havent decided what to do with him as of yet. Mike Mayock has him second behind Dejuan Morgan as the top safety. McShay has him ranked 28th and Mel Kiper has him ranked 25. I was going to put him with the Pats but then realized they have James Sanders and Meriweather. Then I looked at him going to Denver at #12. Then there was Minnesota but then again I think they surprise with that pick going with Brohm because I think Childress will look to move on from Jackson.

Dr. Gonzo
02-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Minnesota has the talent to win now. Sure Jackson played some terrible games least year but he showed that he has the ability if he plays well to not lose games. To top it off Childress is a stubborn prick and Jackson is his guy. There is no way we waste a first rounder on a quarterback this year and sit and develop him for another two years. The fact that you have Phillips falling out of round 1 is ridiculous and will never happen.

NinerFan52
02-18-2008, 04:53 PM
If Phillips drops that far the Niners will go BPA and grab him at 29.

defensiveback23
02-18-2008, 05:11 PM
I cannot see the Chargers pass on Phillips for virtually anyone, let alone Sims. We do need a backup NT to groom behind Williams, but DB is still a larger hole because we have no NB and no depth at S or CB. I doubt Phillips will fall near that far but either he or Reggie Smith would make excellent selections for the Chargers.

As a side note, it seems the Chargers are content for now with Clary at RT and are keeping Olivea to replace Mike Goff at RG once his contract is up at the end of 08'.

Bills2083
02-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Good Bills pick.
Mike Jenkins would be a great, possibly even better choice there.

BigBlueCrew56
02-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Minnesota has the talent to win now. Sure Jackson played some terrible games least year but he showed that he has the ability if he plays well to not lose games. To top it off Childress is a stubborn prick and Jackson is his guy. There is no way we waste a first rounder on a quarterback this year and sit and develop him for another two years. The fact that you have Phillips falling out of round 1 is ridiculous and will never happen.

My computer just keep on taking a crap on me and seem to cant finish. Going to try this one more time. On a side note, Childress hasnt even named Jackson the starter in 2008. Brohm would be a great fit for you guys. I'am going to keep the pick Brohm because as in all drafts they are surprises and this surprise isnt so far fetched.

BaLLiN
02-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Amazing giants pick

BigBlueCrew56
02-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Mock is completed guys let the roasting begin HAHAHA

BaLLiN
02-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Amazing giants pick

and i was right, good job

BeerBaron
02-18-2008, 07:44 PM
good job with the bears. and brohm shouldnt have even been a thought in your head.

theres nothing about him that makes him drastically better than guys like woodson or flacco who will be there at least a round later.

so im real glad you didnt go that way with the pick.

BigBlueCrew56
02-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Mike Mayock doesnt beleive that any safeties deserve to be taken in the 1st round. I value Mr. Mayock's opinion a ton as he watches the same tape that every NFL scout does. Kiper and McShay arent that far off of what they think about Phillips either. I think Kenny P is the product of the pre draft hype in this real weak safety class. Watching UM games all year he never really stood out like a Meriweather or anyone before him did.

BigBlueCrew56
02-18-2008, 08:22 PM
I want to get some redskin fans opinion of Kenny Phillips going at #21 over Campbell. I could slop him to the Skins at #21 easily but didnt know if it would be tough for Kenny Phillips to try to live up to the Sean Taylor status at FS.

Yung Flippa
02-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Good 1sts for Houston and Baltimore. Not a fan of Baltimore's 2nd, I'd rather take Antonie Cason, I'd be happy to get two corners in the draft, we need the depth.

Joeyjr09
02-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Dude Kenny Phillips is far and away the best safety prospect in the nation. I don't care what Mayock says. Anyone that watches him play can see his talent. He had a down junior season mainly due to the fact he had to play very conservative because the U defense was not as good as it had been.

Phillips is gonna lite up the combine as he is one of the better athletes and could be the most freakish DB in terms is skill and athletism in the entire draft. Even if Phillips is ranked in the 25 range by most the people you named, his stock to low right now due to a down junior season and once he shows his stufff in the combine his stock will rise again. He is at the very least a top 20 pick and likely with go somewhere in the 10-15 range.

proshoota25
02-18-2008, 09:47 PM
i really dont think the pats will take dan connor...... it looks as if the pats may sign the LB from Miami Zach Thomas....

neko4
02-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Perfect
Packers
Picks

NIN1984
02-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Great first round pick for the Raiders the 2nd is ok. Fargas is the starter and hopefully Michael Bush can step up so I actually think Raiders would be better off with more D-line help or WR in round two.

thebow305
02-19-2008, 12:18 AM
Very Solid Phins draft.

I would prefer Cason or Reggie Smith over Flowers because I feel they are better Man-to-Man corner prospects.

I also wouldn't mind an OT like Sam Baker or Carl Nicks there either.

defensiveback23
02-19-2008, 12:39 AM
With Eric Weddle already slated to take over for McCree and Clinton Hart playing well why would the need again be for a safety when you guys traded up last year for Weddle?????

Hart is pretty good but he routinely misses tackles and is not exactly special in coverage. With that said, I think he is a pretty good player that can make some plays but he has already hit 30. The biggest weakness on defense last year was passes over the middle due to McCree and Hart's limitations. Weddle will definitely play a huge role in reversing that and Hart can hold down the position opposite him for now but due to his age he is not the future. Behind Weddle and Hart there is virtually no depth also.

The most important reason DB is the largest hole on the team is the loss of Florence because that leaves a gaping hole at NB. Paul Oliver was drafted last year but he was never activated for a game. The team is grooming him to replace Weddle in the dime hybrid CB/S role. They are bringing him along slowly and none of the backup DBs have shown they can handle nickel.

Drafting a versatile DB like Reggie Smith will fill all of these holes. He can play NB for now until he is ready to supplant Hart eventually. The team is also an injury in the secondary away from being in a world of hurt. Drafting a player like Smith gives the team an insurance policy in case that happens.

BigBlueCrew56
02-19-2008, 07:20 AM
Hart is pretty good but he routinely misses tackles and is not exactly special in coverage. With that said, I think he is a pretty good player that can make some plays but he has already hit 30. The biggest weakness on defense last year was passes over the middle due to McCree and Hart's limitations. Weddle will definitely play a huge role in reversing that and Hart can hold down the position opposite him for now but due to his age he is not the future. Behind Weddle and Hart there is virtually no depth also.

The most important reason DB is the largest hole on the team is the loss of Florence because that leaves a gaping hole at NB. Paul Oliver was drafted last year but he was never activated for a game. The team is grooming him to replace Weddle in the dime hybrid CB/S role. They are bringing him along slowly and none of the backup DBs have shown they can handle nickel.

Drafting a versatile DB like Reggie Smith will fill all of these holes. He can play NB for now until he is ready to supplant Hart eventually. The team is also an injury in the secondary away from being in a world of hurt. Drafting a player like Smith gives the team an insurance policy in case that happens.

Much of the same reasons I have targeted Pat Sims to you guys in the first. You have little to no depth along the defensive front and with Jamal Williams getting up there in age and Castillo getting hurt from time to time you have little to no depth to the engine that runs the 3-4 which are the three down lineman to free up all the linebackers. A huge investment was made in Weddle to take over for McCree and Hart isnt old at all and you need to realize that there will be future drafts and even more picks for the Chargers in this draft to optain a suitable nickel corner or depth at safety. Sims is a monster at 6'4 315 and can easily add 15 more pounds to that frame. He is also quick enough where he could spell the end spots. I understand that depth is weak in the secondary but that is something that can be obtained either later in this draft or by picking up a few solid veterans. The drop off for lineman in this draft is a huge tumble especially if you are running a 3-4 defense. I like this pick for you guys because it seems to be the ideal pick that you know can happen but nobody expects. Like someone in here told me earlier about Justin Harrelll being picked 15th last year. "You could never have enough defensive tackles" and I will leave it at that.

BigBlueCrew56
02-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Very Solid Phins draft.

I would prefer Cason or Reggie Smith over Flowers because I feel they are better Man-to-Man corner prospects.

I also wouldn't mind an OT like Sam Baker or Carl Nicks there either.

I picked Flowers because Bill Parcells spent a lot of time with the Virginia Tech squad before there bowl game. I think he game them a motivational speech and then watched them practiced so some obvious up close and personal scouting went on. I think Flowers would be a great pick to shore up that secondary. I didnt pick a tackle in that spot because I think Barry Richardson of Clemson would be the early pick in the third round. I also have this feeling that Max Starks will be paying Parcells a visit to fill that RT spot via free agency.

BigBlueCrew56
02-19-2008, 07:24 AM
Great first round pick for the Raiders the 2nd is ok. Fargas is the starter and hopefully Michael Bush can step up so I actually think Raiders would be better off with more D-line help or WR in round two.

I know you guys got Fargas but I dont see Al Davis having the stomach to pass on Jones in that spot because of his speed. After the combine he may be a 1st rounder easy.

BigBlueCrew56
02-19-2008, 07:25 AM
i really dont think the pats will take dan connor...... it looks as if the pats may sign the LB from Miami Zach Thomas....

Developmental prospect

BigBlueCrew56
02-19-2008, 07:37 AM
Dude Kenny Phillips is far and away the best safety prospect in the nation. I don't care what Mayock says. Anyone that watches him play can see his talent. He had a down junior season mainly due to the fact he had to play very conservative because the U defense was not as good as it had been.

Phillips is gonna lite up the combine as he is one of the better athletes and could be the most freakish DB in terms is skill and athletism in the entire draft. Even if Phillips is ranked in the 25 range by most the people you named, his stock to low right now due to a down junior season and once he shows his stufff in the combine his stock will rise again. He is at the very least a top 20 pick and likely with go somewhere in the 10-15 range.

Mike Mayock is one of the better guys who does this in the business and his accuracy rate in grading prospects is usually spot on in most cases. Now I have seen Phillips play up close and personal and he is a good player but nothing near the talent that Reed,Meriweather, and god rest his soul Sean Taylor. He has all the measurables you look for but he runs bad angles and is almost non existent as a blitzer. Basically I think he is being graded high by Joe Public because of the U that's on his helmet. I hope he proves me wrong at the combine because I love the U. I was at the last game unfortunately against Virginia and Phillips along with the team didnt even show up but he should have made atleast some impact in that game if he is being pegged as an elite safety prospect. I dont think he had as much of a down year because of the defense but more so because he lost Meriweather playing along side him. But with all that said I want Phillips to do well but until I hear more good things about him from these so called experts and scouts I am not going to force him to a team over some of the other high need area players in this draft until a get a good combine study going. Also another thing you cant measure until the wonderlic test is brains and the big thing our secondary at the U lacked last year was guys not playing smart football. After the combine we may be saying.....Damn that Mayock was spot on with DeJuan Morgan and he may be the one to wow us this weekend.

BigBlueCrew56
02-19-2008, 07:40 AM
I still have nightmares seeing the Virginia TE tear us a new A-Hole in that game.

Dr. Gonzo
02-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Okay. You don't like Phillips. I still think it is crazy that you are giving the Vikings a QB. If anything we sign a veteran or trade a late rounder for Chris Simms or someone like that. The Vikings need a starter, not another project and as bad as Jackson played last year at least he started to make progress.

BigBlueCrew56
02-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Okay. You don't like Phillips. I still think it is crazy that you are giving the Vikings a QB. If anything we sign a veteran or trade a late rounder for Chris Simms or someone like that. The Vikings need a starter, not another project and as bad as Jackson played last year at least he started to make progress.

The way the draft was falling I was thinking that the Vikes take a QB but I know that the biggest need is for a DE or even a WR like Jackson. You may be right in terms of them going for a veteran since the team is just about one solid QB away from doing something. I was actually thinking more along the lines of Todd Collins for you guys after putting some carefull thought to it. I need to do a mock with no trades to see how things will go. Thanks for the info Gonzo. Greatly appreciate it

Dr. Gonzo
02-19-2008, 12:49 PM
I am glad you listened. I agree with you on the solid QB thing,I just don't think its Brohm as I believe he would need at least a year to sit on the bench and learn.

Addict
02-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Glad to see it's not a CB to the Lions this time around, however OT, like CB hasn't been identified as a first round need. In fact, our OC has stated the need for a new starter at RB is the main priority in Detroit offensively. (not saying I agree with him, but he IS the OC)

scratch that, two offensive picks just isn't gonna fly.

defensiveback23
02-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Much of the same reasons I have targeted Pat Sims to you guys in the first. You have little to no depth along the defensive front and with Jamal Williams getting up there in age and Castillo getting hurt from time to time you have little to no depth to the engine that runs the 3-4 which are the three down lineman to free up all the linebackers. A huge investment was made in Weddle to take over for McCree and Hart isnt old at all and you need to realize that there will be future drafts and even more picks for the Chargers in this draft to optain a suitable nickel corner or depth at safety. Sims is a monster at 6'4 315 and can easily add 15 more pounds to that frame. He is also quick enough where he could spell the end spots. I understand that depth is weak in the secondary but that is something that can be obtained either later in this draft or by picking up a few solid veterans. The drop off for lineman in this draft is a huge tumble especially if you are running a 3-4 defense. I like this pick for you guys because it seems to be the ideal pick that you know can happen but nobody expects. Like someone in here told me earlier about Justin Harrelll being picked 15th last year. "You could never have enough defensive tackles" and I will leave it at that.

The problem with Sims is he does not project well to NT in a 3-4. He is too tall, not bulky enough and the biggest issue is his inconsistent effort. The position requires a player that is very disciplined and plays with great leverage, neither of which are Sims' strengths. He does project pretty nicely to DE, but that is a position that can be addressed later in the draft due to adequate depth at the position. Both Cesaire and Bingham have been signed to longterm contracts because of their good play in relief of Olshansky and Castillo. I agree with you that NT is a need on the team, but Sims is not the right fit nor the right value in round one.

The reason DB is the most pressing issue is a lack of depth behind any of the starters. You here it everywhere nowadays, in order to compete with the best teams you need at least 3 good cornerbacks. The Chargers currently only have two. A versatile DB who can play nickel until replacing Hart in a couple years, and step in at any DB position in case of injury is the most gaping hole on this team right now.

DiG
02-19-2008, 07:20 PM
gj with the skins overall but id take godfrey over porter any day.

Staubach12
02-19-2008, 08:23 PM
McFadden will not be in Dallas! We have much bigger needs than RB right now!

D-Rod
02-20-2008, 07:33 AM
I don't think the Cherilus pick really works for the Falcons, because their need is far greater at LT than RT, and Cherilus is quite clearly a RT only. I actually prefer Collins in that pick - though that might be rating him rather higher than some people have him.

Otherwise, Ryan is fine, and I suppose Moore is okay too: he may have laziness concerns, but I'd expect Ray Hamilton to sort that out - his tutelage certainly worked for Stroud and Henderson.

megansett56BC
02-20-2008, 01:40 PM
I love the pats picks... all good solid players and fit the right needs. If that could happen, I would have no complaints about the 1st day for them. If they could pick up either Earl Bennett or Jermichael Finley at the top of the 3rd and an OLB prospect (or one of the other two if they're still there) at the bottom of that round, I think they'd be in awesome shape.

LonghornsLegend
02-20-2008, 01:49 PM

You dont have to care what Mayock says, because no one here really cares what you have to say about him...You said Phillips is the best safety prospect in the nation, even if that were so that doesnt make you a 1st rounder because your the best safety...

Also, how many game tapes/film have you seen of DaJuan Morgan? My guess its 0, lets be honest, so dont you think its a little ignorant to call Phillips far and away the best safety prospect and you have never even watched the #2 guy? Mayocks rankings arent the gospel, but you have to respect anyone who comes to a decision after watching many game tapes of players.

Quagmire
02-20-2008, 04:19 PM
I picked Flowers because Bill Parcells spent a lot of time with the Virginia Tech squad before there bowl game. I think he game them a motivational speech and then watched them practiced so some obvious up close and personal scouting went on. I think Flowers would be a great pick to shore up that secondary. I didnt pick a tackle in that spot because I think Barry Richardson of Clemson would be the early pick in the third round. I also have this feeling that Max Starks will be paying Parcells a visit to fill that RT spot via free agency.

Nice job with that one for Miami. All guys who fit the style they want. Although I still see no way he passes on Ryan if they don't acquire another QB in FA or by trade. But, the picks you gave them make for a solid draft. BTW, no Barry Richardson in round 3. Give me anyone else. Solid measurables, but bust written all over him...